IRC log for #koha, 2018-01-10

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
02:01 nickr joined #koha
02:54 JesseDhammu joined #koha
05:09 rocio_afk joined #koha
05:46 eythian joined #koha
06:03 josef_moravec joined #koha
06:56 cait joined #koha
07:03 magnuse ~~~
07:33 Mapler joined #koha
07:33 cait good morning magnuse
07:34 magnuse kia ora cait
07:39 paul_p joined #koha
07:41 Mapler left #koha
07:45 alex_a joined #koha
07:45 alex_a bonjour
07:46 reiveune joined #koha
07:46 reiveune hello
07:47 fridolin joined #koha
07:57 laurence joined #koha
08:00 AndrewIsh joined #koha
08:34 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:34 gaetan_B hello
08:39 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:40 cait joined #koha
08:52 alex_a joined #koha
09:06 sophie_m joined #koha
09:13 wilfrid joined #koha
09:34 Infra_3600 joined #koha
10:29 clrh Hello
10:33 jbeno joined #koha
10:38 cait hi clrh :)
11:10 Joubu hi #koha
11:17 kidclamp joined #koha
11:20 khall_ joined #koha
11:34 jbeno joined #koha
11:41 Joubu mtompset: "Bug 19938: Split C4/ to avoid conflict issues" => What does it mean?
11:41 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19938 minor, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Signed Off , Refactor C4::Overdues::checkoverdues
11:46 khall_ joined #koha
12:07 khall_ joined #koha
12:18 marcelr joined #koha
12:19 marcelr hi #koha
12:22 cait hi marcelr - thx for the reply :)
12:23 ebegin joined #koha
12:29 andreashm joined #koha
12:31 benjamin joined #koha
12:34 jbeno joined #koha
12:35 caboose joined #koha
12:37 meliss joined #koha
12:45 oleonard joined #koha
12:49 nengard joined #koha
12:50 oleonard Hey all
12:55 cait hi oleonard :)
12:55 ebegin hey oleonard ! :)
12:57 oleonard Yay hackfest!
12:59 oleonard My schedule: 2018: Marseille Hackfest. 2019: Save up. 2020: KohaCon in New Zealand.
13:00 cait :)
13:06 cait oleonard: the flight is horrible, but it's worth it
13:07 oleonard I'm going by steam ship. I'll be leaving in November 2019 ;)
13:13 Margaret joined #koha
13:22 jzairo joined #koha
13:23 ebegin oleonard: personal drones may be available by then :)
13:26 fridolin oleonard: cool looking forward to see you in Marseille
13:26 fridolin at the pub mostly ;)
13:27 oleonard fridolin: thumbs_up.png
13:38 Joubu khall_: heh, we reviewed the same bug :)
13:46 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:48 kellym joined #koha
13:48 LeeJ joined #koha
13:54 jenkins Project Koha_17.11_D8 build #21: SUCCESS in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_17.11_D8/21/
13:55 jenkins * oleonard: Bug 19669: Remove deprecated checkouts by patron category report
13:55 jenkins * kyle: Bug 19669: (QA follow-up) Remove itemstypes.plugin
13:55 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19845: Do not generate a password if one is filled on selfreg
13:55 jenkins * mtompset: Bug 17770: Fix Sitemapper.t if date changes during test run
13:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19669 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Remove deprecated checkouts by patron category report
13:55 jenkins * mtompset: Bug 17770: Improve perlcritic level
13:55 jenkins * mtompset: Bug 17770: Perltidy
13:55 jenkins * srdjan: Bug 19450: Fixed WebService::ILS bug upstream (0.17)
13:55 jenkins * david.bourgault: Bug 11210: Writeoff partial amounts
13:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19845 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Patron password is ignored during self-registration if PatronSelfRegistrationVerifyByEmail is enabled
13:55 jenkins * alexbuckley: Bug 19514: Implement password restrictions into onboarding tool
13:55 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19514: Add client-side check
13:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17770 normal, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Pushed to Master , t/db_dependent/Sitemapper.t fails when date changes during test run
13:55 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19444: Do not auto renew if patron is expired and
13:55 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19444: Display error message for auto_account_expired
13:55 jenkins * julian.maurice: Bug 19444: (QA follow-up) Fix tests for UNIMARC
13:55 jenkins * julian.maurice: Bug 19444: (QA follow-up) Remove repeating condition
13:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19450 normal, P5 - low, ---, srdjan, Pushed to Master , OverDrive integration failing on missing method
13:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11210 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, ellermaugustus, Pushed to Master , Allow partial writeoff
13:55 jenkins * chrisweeks: Bug 19510: Add description for edi_manage in acquistion permissions
13:55 jenkins * Nick Clemens: Bug 18201: Export data -Fix "Remove non-local items" option and add
13:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19514 major, P3, ---, alexbuckley, Pushed to Master , No Password restrictions in onboarding tool patron creation
13:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19444 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Automatic renewal script should not auto-renew if a patron's record has expired
13:55 jenkins * Nick Clemens: Bug 18201: Unit tests
13:55 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19694: Force scalar context for output_pref called with billingdate
13:55 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19830: Add the Koha::Patron->old_checkouts method
13:55 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19599: Speed anonymise_issue_history up
13:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19510 trivial, P5 - low, ---, chrisweeks, Pushed to Master , edi_manage permission has no description
13:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18201 normal, P5 - low, ---, nick, Pushed to Master , Export data -Fix "Remove non-local items" option and add "Removes non-local records" option for existing functionality
13:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19694 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Edited shipping cost in invoice doesn't save
13:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19830 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Add the Koha::Patron->old_checkout method
13:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19599 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , anonymise_issue_history can be very slow on large systems
13:55 mtompset Joubu: Since 19933 might conflict on C4/ due to the removal of patronflags, I split that portion out. So if 19933 gets pushed first, you don't need to push that segment. :)
13:56 nickr joined #koha
13:57 * cait waves
13:57 cait brb for the meeting
14:01 cait back...
14:01 kidclamp .me waves
14:01 * kidclamp waves
14:01 kidclamp #startmeeting General IRC meeting 10 January 2018
14:01 huginn Meeting started Wed Jan 10 14:01:58 2018 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
14:01 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 10 January 2018)
14:01 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_10_january_2018'
14:02 kidclamp #topic Introductions
14:02 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
14:02 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 10 January 2018)
14:02 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:02 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy, Rijksmuseum
14:02 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:02 Joubu qa_team?
14:02 wahanui well, qa_team is alex_a jajm marcelr khall kidclamp tcohen josef_moravec
14:02 Joubu rmaints?
14:02 wahanui rumour has it rmaints is kidclamp (17.11), fridolin (17.05), rangi (16.11)
14:03 fridolin yep
14:03 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
14:03 * kidclamp waves twice more
14:03 alex_a master_of_the_world?
14:03 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
14:03 alex_a lol
14:03 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Konstanz
14:03 Joubu #info last meeting was http://meetings.koha-community[…]-12-27-20.08.html - votes on coding guidelines have been made
14:03 jajm #info Julian Maurice, BibLibre
14:03 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_10_January_2018
14:03 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_10_January_2018
14:04 Joubu #info both general and dev meetings now
14:04 alex_a #info Alex Arnaud, Biblibre, France
14:04 caroline joined #koha
14:04 ebegin #info Eric Bégin, inLibro, Canada
14:04 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro, Canada
14:04 ebegin Salut caroline :-)
14:05 kidclamp #topic Announcements
14:05 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 10 January 2018)
14:05 kidclamp anybody?
14:05 wahanui The #koha IRC channel is populated by people from many timezones, sometimes even on weekends. However, if no one is here right now and you need help you should take a look at
14:05 nickr #info Nick Rosasco - (back after a >12 year absence?!) - who might be able to scare up some free labor if the right thing can be found - Indiana, USA
14:05 jzairo #info Jessie Zairo, ByWater Solutions, USA
14:06 josef_moravec_ joined #koha
14:06 * Joubu should not have used #info in the intro...
14:06 cait too impatient ;)
14:06 cait h nickr!
14:06 * oleonard digs up evidence of nickr's existence from 2014
14:07 NateC joined #koha
14:07 josef_moravec_ #info Josef Moravec, Municipal library Usti nad Orlici, Czech Republic
14:07 kidclamp calling again for any announcements
14:07 kidclamp #info Happy belated birthday bag and paul_p
14:07 cait :)
14:08 NateC #info Nate Curulla, ByWater
14:08 LeeJ #info Lee Jamison, Marywood University
14:08 Joubu #info Happy non birthday tcohen
14:08 mtompset #info Mark Tompsett
14:08 caboose #info Michael Cabus, ByWater
14:08 kidclamp #topic Update from the Release manager (18.05)
14:08 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (18.05) (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 10 January 2018)
14:08 kidclamp Joubu
14:09 Joubu Yep
14:09 ebegin Can we still make announcements ? :)
14:09 Joubu nothing important to tell
14:10 Joubu #info announcement - Hackfest in Marseille, registrations open ! http://lists.koha-community.or[…]nuary/044244.html
14:10 Joubu ebegin: yes :)
14:10 ebegin #infp annoncement - I want to let you know that francharb (former inLibro and BibLibre) has left the Koha community to work with multiple universities in Quebec in order to help them pick their next ILS. We will miss him :-( Thanks Francois for what you did for Koha !
14:10 Joubu #info refactoring still in progress, see email to koha-devel - http://lists.koha-community.or[…]nuary/044242.html
14:10 talljoy joined #koha
14:11 Joubu the point of the refactoring is to make the code cleaner, add code coverage and make it easier to maintain
14:11 cait francharb++ we will miss you and all the best for the future!
14:11 Joubu I really would like to see people involve in the SO and QA process. These patches are easy to write, but hard to maintain
14:11 kidclamp #info annoncement - I want to let you know that francharb (former inLibro and BibLibre) has left the Koha community to work with multiple universities in Quebec in order to help them pick their next ILS. We will miss him :-( Thanks Francois for what you did for Koha !
14:12 Joubu ebegin: what will be their next ILS? Koha?
14:12 oleonard Easy job ;)
14:12 ebegin I wish ! nothing is set yet.  This is a group of 19 university of so
14:13 fridolin francharb thanks for the mapple sirop you had sent ;)
14:13 Joubu #info I am waiting for Bernardo's answer to improve update of the manual po files (pottle <=> git repo)
14:14 Joubu #info I am waiting for drojf[m]'s answer to improve our packages building infrastucture
14:14 khall #info Kyle Hall, ByWater Solutions
14:14 Joubu #info I am waiting for QA team to QA all the things
14:14 cait heh
14:15 kidclamp #topic Update on releases
14:15 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 10 January 2018)
14:15 kidclamp #info 17.11 pushing patches now - will announce string freeze for 15th and release on 22nd
14:15 kidclamp #info 17.11.01 (and other stable) were released late but should be all set
14:16 kidclamp #info thanks all for help on my first release! (I didn't break all the Kohas!)
14:16 kidclamp fridolin?
14:16 wahanui it has been said that fridolin is busy at the moment, I asked him to backport the bug fix
14:16 fridolin kidclamp: release of 17.05.07
14:16 fridolin nothing special
14:17 fridolin just I saw you merged branch from security repo kidclamp
14:17 fridolin so I see a lot of commits twice
14:17 fridolin in 17.11.x branch
14:17 kidclamp ah
14:17 kidclamp i did break all the kohas
14:17 fridolin i think you should avoid merging
14:18 Joubu yes, please cherry-pick instead
14:18 kidclamp will do from now on
14:18 Joubu or rebase
14:18 JoshB joined #koha
14:18 fridolin i'd say push the same branch on security repo and gitmaster
14:19 fridolin i'm done
14:19 Joubu note for Rmaints: we asked Bernardo to create the PR with a valid commit author name/email, instead of "root"
14:19 Joubu something like "Koha Translate Team" will be used
14:19 fridolin +1
14:19 mtompset use sudo echo tee's to append one line at a time from git format-patch's. ;)
14:19 cait pushing should work - did it like that in the past
14:20 kidclamp #topic Updates from the QA team
14:20 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 10 January 2018)
14:20 kidclamp cait
14:20 cait typing sec
14:20 cait #info QA Team had a QA Sprint day on 21 December, queue went down from 154 to 118, currently around 90
14:20 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]-21_QA_Sprint_Day QA Sprint Day 21 December
14:21 andreashm #info Andreas Hedström Mace, Stockholm University Library
14:21 cait will put more work on getting the older bugs out of the queue hopefully and I hope we can get the numbers further down
14:21 andreashm (late to the party as ever)
14:21 cait one more thing
14:21 wahanui hmmm... one more thing is I'm installing this new koha for and old version dumped database. besides kohaeupgrade-schema instancename     what shall i do?
14:22 cait #info New info page for QA on the wiki: - read if you want to join us or to learn how the QA team works!
14:22 Joubu and please pick bug fixes before enhs, as always
14:22 cait it's WIP, but some info is there
14:23 cait the QA team is also looking for tutorials on:
14:23 wahanui okay, cait.
14:23 cait #info QA team is looking for tutorials on: Authentication - how to set up LDAP, CAS, Shibboleth, testing translatability
14:24 cait #info ... and a test database with a good amount of acq and/or subscription data
14:24 Joubu testing translatability?
14:24 cait how to check if something is translatable - i might take care of that one
14:25 cait that's it from me :)
14:26 Joubu QAers?
14:26 kidclamp nothing from me, hitting what I can when I can
14:26 kidclamp QAteam++
14:28 kidclamp #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:28 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 10 January 2018)
14:28 Joubu yes, 2 from me
14:28 Joubu #topic refactoring
14:28 Joubu As I told previously, it is important to spend time on testing and make them in quickly
14:28 ebegin Joubu: I hate that topic :)
14:28 Joubu it's painful to maintain, and... easy to write
14:28 Joubu looking at the diff will show you how useful it is
14:29 Joubu the code after refactoring is much more easier to read and make much more sense (at least to me...)
14:29 kidclamp refactoring++
14:29 Joubu the goal is to uniformize the code: instead of having several routines that do the same things, we have only 1 method (with tests)
14:30 cait tests++
14:30 Joubu I'd like to say that Alex worked on Selenium tests as well
14:30 cait also we get rid of a lot of dead code I think
14:30 ebegin Are we the only one to have difficulties following those ?  This is really hard on us to update the submitted patches and keeping up to date.
14:30 Joubu there are 2 patches waiting for signoff, it's a start (and so blocker) for other patches.
14:31 Joubu I'd like to have much more selenium tests in 18.05, they are important to catch regression
14:31 Joubu s
14:31 ebegin I agree that this is important, however, I believe that we should also attack the performance issues
14:31 Joubu ebegin: that is the point, now it is hard to track what is perf killer
14:31 Joubu with everything in one place, it's much more easier
14:32 ebegin But when "everything" will be in place ?  I don't see the end.  Maybe you do :)
14:32 Joubu if we have Koha::Object (on top of dbic) everywhere (and clean our controller scripts) I could focus on how to improve perf
14:32 cait it's not a short process rewriting your API :)
14:33 Joubu what I see is that these patches do not get the attention I'd like
14:33 kidclamp long process, but each step helps
14:33 Joubu and so I have to wait 6 months to continue this work
14:33 Joubu I cannot rewrite everything in one go
14:33 cait we need more testers and testing to speed it up
14:33 Joubu steps by steps...
14:33 cait Members is almost gone now right?
14:34 Joubu For instance, we have a patch to improve zebra index (retrieve item's info), but it is specific to only 1 table/object (item)
14:34 Joubu so it is adding more and more code, but not generic => too much code to maintain, error prone, etc.
14:35 Joubu ebegin: do you face perf issues?
14:35 Joubu if yes, report it on bugzilla with benchmark and the area to blame
14:35 ebegin Mostly with use of Date/Time which are really really slow.
14:35 Joubu calendar related then?
14:36 ebegin Yep!  We actually submit patches related to this.
14:36 ebegin https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=17015
14:37 huginn Bug 17015: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, david.bourgault, Signed Off , New Koha Calendar
14:37 Joubu so nothing new to report :)
14:37 blou joined #koha
14:37 Joubu next?
14:37 wahanui next is packaging manager... do we have a volunteer for that?
14:38 Joubu forget next
14:38 wahanui Joubu: I forgot next
14:38 Joubu #topic Merge local and online documentations
14:38 Joubu #link bug 19817
14:38 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19817 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Merge local and online documentations
14:38 ebegin Blou : if you have other performance issues other than the calendar, its a good time to report them :)
14:38 LeeJ yay documentation :D
14:38 Joubu I need feedback on that bug, if you are using the local help editor
14:38 Joubu I am going to work on that, but I need to know how people use it
14:39 Joubu I have time now to dedicate on that, I do not know if I will have in 2 months
14:39 Joubu so please have a look and tell me if you (or customers) are using it
14:39 Joubu and how we could improve it
14:39 LeeJ Joubu: perhaps we consider sending out some sort of questionnaire to the lists?
14:39 Joubu basically I am going to remove the local help pages (to point to the online manual), then add the ability to create local help pages
14:40 caboose love it Jobu
14:40 ebegin I was able to set Sphinx up to build the documentation but it was quite painful... especially the PDF version
14:40 Joubu and so remove the ability to *edit* the official manual (for that, you can contribute to the official version)
14:41 Joubu ebegin: it's quite easy, ping me late if you have questions (I only tested html IIRC)
14:41 cait epub works nicely too
14:41 Joubu mater*
14:41 Joubu later*
14:41 cait tested with Ubuntu
14:41 LeeJ Joubu: let me know if there's anything I can do to help you with the documentation merge :)
14:42 Joubu LeeJ: by answering my comment :)
14:42 Joubu and look at the patches I already submitted
14:42 LeeJ Joubu: I'm looking over the bug now
14:42 georgew joined #koha
14:42 ebegin I didn't have any problem with epub and HTML.  PDF is harder and when we answer RFP, the PDF version is often the best version to provide :-)
14:42 LeeJ Joubu: I didn't have an answer because no one at our library uses the help files...because they just come straight to me to ask
14:42 mtompset Oopx... was slow on the draw... who is the packaging manager? Because unstable is 17.06... shouldn't it be 17.12?
14:42 Joubu I will test that after the meeting then
14:43 Joubu LeeJ: that's the point! How would you like to provide them a manual which could replace you? :D
14:43 Joubu they will stop bother you ;)
14:43 cait the main goal of deduplicating is also to ease maintenance - manual and help files drift apartand translators have to translate both separately right now
14:44 ebegin joubu : can you review the wiki for the installation of Sphinx ?  It was not really helpful :
14:44 LeeJ Joubu: haha fair enough
14:44 cait it's all in the readme
14:44 cait no need to duplicate to the wiki
14:44 ebegin So the wiki should be removed then.
14:44 Joubu ebegin:[…]vs-users/kohadocs
14:45 Joubu I am expecting make pdf to do the job, but as I said I did not test it
14:45 cait it's linking to it, the kohadocs part was kept for historical reasons
14:45 Joubu Another "General development discussion" topic?
14:45 nickr Maybe?
14:45 wahanui i think Maybe is a momentaneous error
14:45 kidclamp just to ask for feedback on a few bugs
14:46 kidclamp bug 18639
14:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18639 major, P5 - low, ---, nick, Needs Signoff , Separate replacement cost and retail price fields in acquisitions
14:46 ebegin joubu : you're expectation are wrong :) there is no pdf, you have to use make latexpdf (and configure it before hand)
14:46 kidclamp bug 18736
14:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18736 critical, P5 - low, ---, nick, Needs Signoff , Problems in order calculations (rounding errors)
14:46 kidclamp bug 19166
14:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19166 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Needs Signoff , Add the ability to add adjustments to an invoice
14:46 kidclamp acq ultimatley needs some refactoring, but these bugs try to fix some large issues without making too many changes
14:48 kidclamp anyone else?
14:49 kidclamp #topic Set time of next meeting
14:49 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 10 January 2018)
14:49 nickr I'm not sure I'm in the correct (meeting) spot for this one, but I was
14:49 nickr told IRC was the place.... I'm a teach @ a midsize US University, and one of the courses I run (starting today, in fact) is the project course for CS majors.
14:50 cait nickr: one sec
14:50 nickr OK
14:50 cait i think we are strating the dev meeting after this one?
14:50 cait kidclamp: another meeting part? or are we done? because i think nickr has a topic for us :)
14:50 kidclamp we can add topic if you give a title :-)
14:51 kidclamp #chair cait
14:51 huginn Current chairs: cait kidclamp
14:51 cait eek
14:51 kidclamp #chair Joubu
14:51 huginn Current chairs: Joubu cait kidclamp
14:51 cait nickr: how sould we call it?
14:51 nickr "possible source of labor but with some overhead cost"?
14:52 cait heh
14:52 cait maybe just koha student projects? and then you can explain?
14:52 nickr Yep.
14:52 cait #topic Koha student projects
14:52 Topic for #koha is now Koha student projects (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 10 January 2018)
14:52 cait please start
14:52 Joubu erk
14:52 nickr OK
14:52 * Joubu has been disconnected
14:53 nickr I've got students in the "capstone" sort of course.  They get to pick a project (but I exercise some control by prepping the options/menu)
14:53 nickr Typically, they work in a team - so 2-4 or so students, sometimes with a bit of a spread in skills!.
14:54 nickr If there's something identifiable - either a somewhat contained redo/refactor? or something from scratch? - that they could work on, I'm willing to put a Koha "task" on their list.
14:55 nickr Preferably someone currently contributing would be ID'd as the liaison.
14:55 notarock joined #koha
14:55 Joubu We indeed have a lot to do for students, it mostly depends on what they want to do
14:55 kidclamp should people email you wiht ideas nickr?
14:56 ebegin nickr : we start the training of most of our interns asking them to do a plugin.
14:56 Joubu The big step is to understand how the community work (workflow) and the code (it is quite huge)
14:56 oleonard nickr: rangi helps run student work on Koha during Catalyst Academy. He'd be a good person to hit up for strategies
14:56 ebegin That is a good way to learn the libraries without having to go to deep in the core
14:56 nickr Nod... I recall the hugeness (I'll confess to being involved about 12 years ago, mostly on the docs side of things)
14:57 oleonard Learn the process, learn the workflow, test some patches, submit some minor bug fixes. Work up from there.
14:57 nickr Emailing me w/ ideas would be great....
14:57 Joubu first things to do is 1. install a dev env, 2. signoff, 3. read the code, 4. bugfixes. And finally you can deep into the code :)
14:57 cait working on the manual might be good too, there are also related projects to koha like Hea that might be a bit more contained
14:57 nickr I'll also happily talk to rangi.
14:57 kidclamp can you send an email to the list to explain and ask suggestions nickr?
14:58 nickr sure, will do.
14:58 cait Catalyst Academy has it's project week next week
14:58 nickr gotcha. :)
14:58 cait maybe keep an eye on this one to see what they are working on: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]/Catalyst_Academy
14:58 nickr If it looks like too much setup hassle, it isn't an emergency for me!
14:58 kidclamp #info nickr is looking for Koha projects to assign to temas of CS students, email him with suggestions
14:58 kidclamp #info nickr will email the lists with more info
14:59 nickr Thanks so much!
14:59 nickr I'll be in touch...
14:59 nickr Part of the trick is to find something that'll motivate/intrigue them a bit. : )
15:00 Joubu we could also find something new, around the project
15:00 nickr ... and I'll freely admit I know from longtime mail list lurking and earlier volunteer work few places have this crowd beat on being a supportive community.
15:00 LeeJ nickr: I second the idea of plugins...they're fun to work on and help as a good primer about how Koha works :)
15:00 kidclamp any more topics?
15:00 nickr (thanks all!)
15:01 cait might have to make some suggestions,as they are not so familiar with libraries
15:01 kidclamp #topic Review of coding guidelines
15:01 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 10 January 2018)
15:01 Joubu #info tcohen is not around. "New rule SQL12: Booleans" vote is postponed
15:02 ebegin welcome back nickr :)
15:02 Joubu from the last meeting " action: cait improve the coding guidelines related to the use of SQL queries " did you?
15:02 mtompset What was SQL12 Booleans?
15:02 cait oops
15:02 cait sorry, not quite ready
15:02 Joubu mtompset: http://meetings.koha-community[…]-12-27-20.08.html
15:02 cait please postpone
15:02 kidclamp #info Reminder to all - please add topics to the agenda :-)
15:03 Joubu #info "New rule "No DBIx::Class in atomic updates"" is postponed
15:03 Joubu #action cait cait improve the coding guidelines related to the use of SQL queries
15:03 laurence left #koha
15:03 Joubu To all, please...  "Write good commit messages"
15:03 Joubu see the last meeting minutes, I am going to be rude on the bug report, sorry in advance...
15:03 Joubu reports*
15:04 marcelr should that be on the guidelines too ?
15:04 kidclamp you can be strict and polite :-D
15:04 Joubu "Read https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Commit_messages to know how to write valid commit messages (Joubu, 20:58:15)"
15:04 Joubu like
15:04 Joubu 1sec
15:05 LeeJ Joubu: you need to give tough love to all of us to make the product better :)
15:05 * mtompset crosses fingers.
15:05 Joubu 1. Patch's title starts with "Bug 12345: "
15:05 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12345 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Can't Clear Reading History for Anonymous patron
15:05 Joubu 2. (QA follow-up) and (follow-up) are ok
15:05 marcelr hmm the good example is rather ugly
15:05 Joubu 3. Bug report titles are different from commit titles
15:06 marcelr authority searches in auth_finder error out
15:06 Joubu marcelr: I wrote the "examples" section
15:06 Joubu I'd also like to say:
15:06 marcelr nobody comes that far ;)
15:06 Joubu #info IMPORTANT - no need to add new subroutines to C4 namespace, it will be rejected
15:07 Joubu #info IMPORTANT - no need to add or update methods without test coverage, it will be rejected
15:07 cait scary Joubu
15:07 Joubu otherwise you and us are wasting our time
15:08 cait I'd also encourage devs to run qa tools if you don't already
15:08 cait Joubu: could we add something checking for new subroutines without test coverage?
15:08 marcelr we will reject your code unless stated otherwise ;)
15:08 Joubu cait: well, now people adds empty POD to make the script happy...
15:09 cait might have been by mistake
15:09 Joubu nope
15:09 Joubu next meeting?
15:09 wahanui next meeting is https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Next_IRC_meetings
15:09 mtompset Plus adding test coverage means less regressions, and proof your code works. Harsh but good.
15:09 clrh you could have a "check before committing" in the wiki page with these "Important"
15:10 kidclamp #topic Set time of next meeting
15:10 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 10 January 2018)
15:10 kidclamp wiki page is good idea
15:10 kidclamp are these already in coding guidelines?
15:10 Joubu kidclamp: ? the mandatory tests and C4 deprecation?
15:10 Joubu yes ofc
15:10 kidclamp :-)
15:11 cait we might want to restructure and highlight
15:11 kidclamp Next dev meeting 24 January 2017 20 UTC?
15:11 cait part of my forgotton homework
15:11 cait I won't be there - travelling
15:11 cait but don't let that stop you :)
15:11 kidclamp Next General meeting 7 Feburary 2017 20 UTC?
15:11 Joubu #action clrh Add a "important check before committing/submission" to the wiki page
15:11 Joubu :D
15:12 clrh Joubu: I am trying
15:12 Joubu kidclamp: nope, 1month
15:12 clrh probably not in your good place :p
15:12 Joubu kidclamp: do not break the bot
15:12 kidclamp yes, wil only info the general
15:13 kidclamp hehe 2018 for both
15:14 ccordova joined #koha
15:14 LeeJ yay for different days for meetings! :D
15:14 Joubu I will not be around on 24th, but ok for me
15:15 kidclamp #info Next meeting: 7 February 2018, 20 UTC
15:15 kidclamp last call!
15:15 kidclamp #endmeeting
15:15 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
15:15 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jan 10 15:15:34 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:15 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-01-10-14.01.html
15:15 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-01-10-14.01.txt
15:15 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]10-14.01.log.html
15:15 LeeJ kidclamp++ Joubu++
15:15 Joubu #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 10 January 2018
15:15 huginn Meeting started Wed Jan 10 15:15:58 2018 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
15:15 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:15 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 January 2018)
15:15 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_10_january_2018'
15:16 kidclamp koha++
15:16 Joubu #info See http://meetings.koha-community[…]-01-10-14.01.html
15:16 Joubu #info joined with general meeting
15:16 Joubu #info Next meeting: 24 January 2018, 20 UTC
15:16 Joubu #endmeeting
15:16 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
15:16 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jan 10 15:16:48 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:16 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-01-10-15.15.html
15:16 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-01-10-15.15.txt
15:16 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]10-15.15.log.html
15:16 Joubu that should do the job...
15:17 LeeJ sweet
15:17 LeeJ great job as usual, guys!
15:19 cait kidclamp++
15:20 kellym left #koha
15:21 kellym joined #koha
15:28 josef_moravec_ left #koha
15:28 fridolin bravo
15:41 reiveune left #koha
15:44 reiveune joined #koha
16:00 reiveune left #koha
16:04 fridolin left #koha
16:06 oleonard I missed the tail end of all that. I hope y'all assigned me all the work.
16:10 rocio joined #koha
16:12 drakeks joined #koha
16:32 paul_p oleonard = hello.
16:32 oleonard Hi paul_p
16:33 paul_p oleonard just seen that you arrive in MArseille early & leave late. Great ! I'll take care or your touristic time ;)
16:33 oleonard Sounds great! :D
16:34 paul_p oleonard = the WE BEFORE the hackfest, I'll be in Paris. But the WE AFTER, I'll take care !
17:09 cait left #koha
17:19 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
17:19 Freddy_Enrique Good afternoon guys!
17:19 Freddy_Enrique meant to ask, do I have to reindex manually or is it something that it's done automaticaly?
17:31 LeeJ hi Freddy_Enrique I think by default the zebra indexing cron is set to run on a schedule
17:33 Freddy_Enrique I see.... I ask it because I after migration (I did the reindex procedure at that time) I kept modifying some bib records and authorities on a daily basis
17:34 Freddy_Enrique I could just do the reindex, but I wanted to know :). Thanks LeeJ
17:35 LeeJ if I recall correctly, the reindex is defaulted to 15 minutes
17:41 kholt joined #koha
18:02 notarock joined #koha
18:36 Nemo_bis What's the status of https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ic_Record_support ?
18:37 Nemo_bis Hmm https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]g.cgi?id=5528#c16
18:37 huginn Bug 5528: enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, ztajoli, CLOSED FIXED, Analytical records support
18:38 ebegin Nemo_bis: Closed fixed :)
18:40 Nemo_bis Where "the script" is seemingly
18:41 Nemo_bis Now wondering if a 773$t qualifies as barcode... let's see the results
18:43 cdickinson joined #koha
18:49 Nemo_bis Nope, not used
19:16 Nemo_bis Maybe I'm supposed to establish a koha link and then run misc/ ?
19:20 JoshB_ joined #koha
19:28 rocio joined #koha
19:31 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
19:38 kmlussier joined #koha
19:44 oleonard_ joined #koha
19:58 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 18071: (QA follow-up) Rename commit to confirm parameter <[…]bde1ce616bf9583d2> / Bug 18071: Improve parameters handling <[…]7625323aab7cc85fc> / Bug 18071: (QA Followup) - Add additional feedback and expand commit option <
20:21 ibeardslee joined #koha
20:25 ibeardslee joined #koha
20:29 Joubu I have a pdf version of the Koha manual, 1050 pages!
20:39 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #332: SUCCESS in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/332/
20:39 jenkins * david.gustafsson: Bug 19471: Show creation date in patron restrictions list
20:39 jenkins * Bug 18071: Add authorities maintenance script
20:39 jenkins * Bug 18071: (QA follow-up) Add commit parameter, add warning
20:39 jenkins * Nick Clemens: Bug 18071: (QA Followup) - Add additional feedback and expand commit
20:39 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 18071: Improve parameters handling
20:39 jenkins * Bug 18071: (QA follow-up) Rename commit to confirm parameter
20:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19471 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, glasklas, Pushed to Master , Show creation date in patron restrictions list
20:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18071 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, Pushed to Master , Add new script
20:40 cait joined #koha
20:48 * cait waves
21:55 edveal joined #koha
22:18 aleisha_ joined #koha
23:02 edveal joined #koha
23:03 edveal joined #koha
23:03 edveal joined #koha
23:04 edveal joined #koha
23:42 papa joined #koha
23:44 edveal joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary