IRC log for #koha, 2017-10-26

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:03 rafa joined #koha
00:26 kholt left #koha
01:54 caboose joined #koha
01:54 Francesca joined #koha
02:21 Francesca joined #koha
03:16 alexbuckley joined #koha
04:46 kholt joined #koha
05:26 cait joined #koha
05:32 LibraryClaire joined #koha
05:41 JesseM-Laptop joined #koha
06:11 laurence joined #koha
06:16 * magnuse waves
06:19 * LibraryClaire waves
06:22 indradg joined #koha
06:24 reiveune joined #koha
06:25 reiveune hello
06:25 wahanui hi, reiveune
06:39 marcelr joined #koha
06:39 marcelr hi #koha
06:44 AndrewIsh joined #koha
06:47 fridolin joined #koha
06:49 alex_a joined #koha
06:50 alex_a bonjour
06:50 wahanui niihau, alex_a
07:00 ashimema joined #koha
07:00 Francesca joined #koha
07:05 magnuse tcohen++ benjamin++ for moving bug 7317 along
07:05 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7317 new feature, P5 - low, ---, alex.sassmannshausen, Passed QA , Add an Interlibrary Loan Module to Circulation and OPAC
07:06 sophie_m joined #koha
07:15 tuxayo joined #koha
07:20 sophie_m joined #koha
07:51 Francesca joined #koha
07:54 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:54 gaetan_B hello
08:00 magnuse bonjour gaetan_B
08:01 tuxayo joined #koha
08:04 magnuse NSO=91!
08:07 marcelr magnuse: we lost balance with SO=175..
08:30 laurence left #koha
08:53 eythian wahanui: nso is not the Norwegian Symphony Orchestra
08:53 wahanui ...but nso is "only" 152! how low can we get it during next week?...
08:53 eythian wahanui: nso is also not the Norwegian Symphony Orchestra
08:53 wahanui okay, eythian.
08:56 magnuse or Newzealand Symphony Orchestra...
09:00 eythian that is specifically the NZSO
09:00 eythian otherwise it'd risk getting confused with Needs Sign Off
09:06 cait joined #koha
09:10 andreashm joined #koha
09:10 * andreashm waves
09:10 * cait waves :)
09:17 andreashm hi cait
09:18 andreashm any Biblibre peeps around, who also work with Coral?
09:20 andreashm matts, fridolin, gaetan_B?
09:20 JesseM-Laptop joined #koha
09:20 matts andreashm, I do
09:21 gaetan_B hi andreashm! matts is the person to ask about Coral indeed
09:21 andreashm cool, thanks matts and gaetan_B!
09:27 andreashm matts++
09:31 marcelr joined #koha
09:34 marcelr hi kidclamp
09:34 kidclamp hi marcelr
09:34 marcelr kidclamp: plz have a look at 9031
09:34 kidclamp ok
09:35 marcelr the crash was not in the add but in the compare
09:52 kidclamp marcelr++
09:55 marcelr ok kidclamp i will pass qa now
10:03 Francesca joined #koha
11:09 laurence joined #koha
11:31 meliss joined #koha
11:45 oleonard joined #koha
11:50 cait kidclamp++ marcelr++
11:50 marcelr hi cait: back to qa, i saw..
11:50 cait yep, i hope that's ok
11:51 marcelr nobody will object
11:51 kidclamp we only have 171 in the queue, not enough to go around
11:51 cait that's a very neutral answer :)
11:52 kidclamp tcohen++ for warning about reset_all
11:54 cait tcohen++ :)
12:00 caboose joined #koha
12:11 blou joined #koha
12:11 tcohen joined #koha
12:17 kellym joined #koha
12:29 magnuse huh, i just decided to completely rebuild my kohadevbox, but now i'm getting errors like "Failed to fetch[…]+deb8u8_amd64.deb  404  Not Found"
12:29 magnuse anyone else seen that?
12:29 marcelr magnuse: no, but had some weird errors with koha-common
12:29 eythian magnuse: apt-get update?
12:30 eythian that's what you'd expect if you have out of date indices
12:30 magnuse it's when i run "vagrant up --provision"
12:31 magnuse it says "TASK [Update apt cache if needed]" ran as it should
12:31 eythian it's unclear what that means
12:32 eythian because the apt cache is a specific thing that's not related to the index
12:33 magnuse looks like ssh'ing into the box and running apt-get update might have fixed it
12:39 gaetan_B joined #koha
12:40 nengard joined #koha
12:40 gaetan_B left #koha
12:46 marcelr kidclamp++
12:49 kholt joined #koha
12:56 blou joined #koha
12:59 Joubu hi
13:01 mtompset joined #koha
13:01 mtompset Greetings, #koha
13:02 laurence left #koha
13:05 Margaret joined #koha
13:17 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:19 Joubu No more enhancements for 17.11?
13:20 JoshB joined #koha
13:20 marcelr just a few in NQA
13:20 marcelr incl 10306 and friends
13:21 Joubu 8 new features
13:22 marcelr the freeze date was tomorrow ?
13:23 marcelr feature slush?
13:23 wahanui feature slush is, like, september 25
13:24 Joubu soft ft freeze is tomorrow, yes
13:24 marcelr luckily we also hard ft freeze
13:27 tcohen joined #koha
13:28 tcohen joined #koha
13:33 Joubu kidclamp: did you see that BWS's sandboxes add the following signed-off by line: "Signed-off-by: BWS Sandboxes <>"?
13:33 Joubu Is it expected?
13:34 kidclamp khall^
13:35 khall yep!
13:35 khall used a gmail address for security
13:36 Joubu why do not you use the email of the tester?
13:38 NateC joined #koha
13:38 khall oh, wait. it's too early ; ) You are right, that should be the testers email
13:38 khall I'll see what's going on
13:38 khall The gmail account was just for uploading the patch
13:41 jenkins Project Koha_16.05_D8 build #8: STILL FAILING in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]/Koha_16.05_D8/8/
13:43 marcelr seeing this too often today "Unable to locate package koha-common"; anything wrong with unstable repo ?
13:43 blou joined #koha
13:44 marcelr or only doing what it says, just being unstable
13:44 marcelr drojf ^
13:44 edveal joined #koha
13:48 tcohen morning
13:53 marcelr hi tcohen
13:53 tcohen hey marcelr
13:54 marcelr i knew it, Joubu
13:54 tcohen drojf++
13:54 marcelr why do I keep writing patches..
13:54 tcohen marcelr: what do you mean?
13:55 marcelr or even qa them ;)
13:55 marcelr 19222
13:55 tcohen bug 19222
13:55 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19222 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, In Discussion , Why does dt_from_string not understand yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss ?
13:55 marcelr we talked about it before
13:55 marcelr but hey it is no big deal
13:57 marcelr have to go; dont harm 10306 guys
13:58 Joubu too late...
13:58 tcohen why is that?
13:58 Joubu to answer marcelr
14:01 * mtompset is puzzled.
14:01 mtompset Joubu: too late for harming bug 10306?
14:01 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10306 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, Signed Off , Koha to MARC mappings (Part 1): Allow multiple mappings per kohafield (for say 260/RDA 264)
14:02 Joubu to answer Marcel about 19222
14:02 mtompset ooooooh. Okay, that makes more sense then.
14:18 NateC_ joined #koha
14:22 kmlussier joined #koha
14:30 oleonard The Koha agenda calendar shows two meetings at the same time on 8 Nov. General and devel.
14:30 Joubu yes
14:31 Joubu what we/I decided yesterday, did not check the agenda first
14:31 Joubu maybe it is the method to get more people attending meetings :D
14:32 * oleonard is guilty
14:33 mtompset seen kidclamp
14:33 wahanui kidclamp was last seen on #koha 58 minutes and 20 seconds ago, saying: khall^ [Thu Oct 26 13:34:40 2017]
14:34 LibraryClaire left #koha
15:04 TGoat joined #koha
15:16 nengard_ joined #koha
15:25 fridolin left #koha
15:31 Joubu @later tell mtj see bug 14637 comment 20
15:31 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
15:39 mtompset Anyone familiar with adding data tables? I'm trying to counter-patch bug 11976 with ideas from bug 16759, and while I have the YML correct, and some of the template right, I think I am missing something, but I don't know what. It is generating console errors in the javascript, so clearly I haven't got the template correct yet.
15:39 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11976 minor, P5 - low, ---, david.bourgault, Needs Signoff , show issue date instead of received date for serials in opac
15:39 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16759 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Master , Make opac holdings table configurable
15:40 NateC_ joined #koha
15:43 tcohen mtompset: pm
15:58 mtompset kidclamp++ # thanks for that find!
15:58 mtompset tcohen++ # thanks for the suggestions.
15:58 mtompset We have it working!
16:10 indradg joined #koha
16:10 cait joined #koha
16:11 barton @seen gmcharlt
16:11 huginn` barton: gmcharlt was last seen in #koha 8 weeks, 1 day, 19 hours, 9 minutes, and 2 seconds ago: <gmcharlt> I ended up tweaking $wgMaxShellMemory
16:12 mtompset A typo would have been much funnier. :)
16:13 gmcharlt typos as a service?
16:13 gmcharlt I can get behind that
16:13 barton ha!
16:13 gmcharlt alas, nobody ever offers to pay me for that
16:13 barton yeah, really. I could make that a full time job.
16:14 oleonard[…]26861107927134208
16:15 edveal No coment!
16:17 barton gmcharlt: I was wondering if we could add a 'fines/accounts' category to bugzilla.
16:18 gmcharlt barton: splitting that off from the Circulation component?
16:18 mtompset oleonard: Thanks just weird. :P
16:18 mtompset Oops.. THAT's just weird.
16:19 mtompset Brain is still half off.
16:19 oleonard Bargain basement brain prices
16:19 * mtompset laughs.
16:19 mtompset Sorry, I need it, even if it is failing.
16:20 mtompset BTW, the typo I was pondering was twerking instead of tweaking.
16:24 gmcharlt barton: so yeah, would be like holds; I've no objection to setting up a new component, but I'd also like to hear if other folks here have any immediate feedback before I do it
16:26 mtompset Aren't fines and account a subsection of circulation?
16:27 mtompset Or at least related? Given it is likely as large, bug-wise, I see no problem with the split.
16:27 barton gmcharlt: yeah -- when I search for the keyword 'fines' in bugzilla, I see a lot of things categorized under circulation and Architecture/Plumbing, but also Patrons, staff client, cron jobs... and most circulation issues *aren't* fines/accounts releated.
16:28 Joubu IMO fines/account is more related to the patrons module, not only circ
16:29 Joubu there are fees applied for holds, account renewed/created, etc.
16:34 mtompset khall: your code makes me happy and sad at the same time. bug 18816. Happy: looks good. Sad: Not another parameter!
16:34 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18816 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Make CataloguingLog work in production by preventing circulation from spamming the log
16:35 khall lol
16:42 * cait waves
16:46 jenkins Project Koha_16.05_D8 build #9: STILL FAILING in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]/Koha_16.05_D8/9/
16:47 gmcharlt ok, I'll give it another 15-30 minutes, then go ahead and create the category
16:48 oleonard +1 from me gmcharlt
17:21 Dyrcona joined #koha
17:44 kellym joined #koha
17:46 jenkins Project Koha_17.05_D8 build #44: ABORTED in 4 min 52 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_17.05_D8/44/
17:53 cait hmẞ
17:53 * cait reads back
17:54 cait +1 from me toofor the component, even if too late :)
17:57 jenkins Project Koha_16.05_D8 build #10: STILL FAILING in 24 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_16.05_D8/10/
17:59 reiveune bye
17:59 reiveune left #koha
18:20 tcohen cait: Holds allowed (total)
18:20 tcohen try to undef if
18:20 cait 0 means 0
18:20 cait in oyurs 0 means no limit
18:21 cait and the value set on migration is not achievable later on with the GUI
18:21 tcohen ok
18:22 cait sorry, guess I am bad at explaining what i mean
18:22 cait i tihnk what you are saying is that they all save as 0 when you enter nothing?
18:22 cait holds allowed (count), holds per record (count) ?
18:22 tcohen yes
18:22 cait renewals allowed and renewal period
18:22 cait but then 0 means = not possible
18:22 cait I understood that with your patch 0 was meant to mean unlimited
18:23 cait but I haven't tested that, from your comments
18:23 cait is that correct?
18:25 tcohen I think I will just make 0 mean 0
18:25 tcohen nm
18:26 cait it woud be consistent
18:26 Joubu @later tell fridolin Push the tag for 17.05.05 please!
18:26 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
18:26 cait i would then update issuingrules for existing libraries to have the daily count be the total count
18:26 cait tht would keep behaviour
18:26 nengard_ joined #koha
18:26 cait and is logical when looking at it
18:27 tcohen cait: no
18:27 cait why not?
18:27 Joubu @later tell fridolin And add a git hook
18:27 tcohen undef means no caily cap
18:27 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
18:27 cait but you can't enter it
18:27 tcohen yes, when you empty the field
18:27 cait no
18:27 cait that makes it 0 for me
18:27 cait when i save
18:27 tcohen still, until I fix it
18:27 cait ok
18:28 cait that makes sense then
18:28 cait so when left empty = null is saved
18:28 tcohen exactly
18:28 cait could you make it show unlimited like max checkout does?
18:28 tcohen consistency
18:28 wahanui rumour has it consistency is the hobgoblin of programmers' minds
18:28 cait for consistency :)
18:28 tcohen you need to bribe me better
18:28 cait i got some hazelnut cookies here... you just need to stop by and get them :P
18:29 tcohen ok, fair enough
18:40 jenkins Project Koha_16.05_D8 build #11: STILL FAILING in 24 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_16.05_D8/11/
18:41 Joubu tcohen: same error :-/
18:41 cait hm?
18:42 Joubu jenkins failure on 16.05
18:51 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 17829: (follow-up) Move GetMember to Koha::Patron <[…]49071f5847a425aef>
19:06 kellym joined #koha
19:06 nengard joined #koha
19:09 kellym_ joined #koha
19:16 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #281: SUCCESS in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/281/
19:16 jenkins Jonathan Druart: Bug 17829: (follow-up) Move GetMember to Koha::Patron
19:16 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17829 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, Move GetMember to Koha::Patron
19:23 RD joined #koha
19:24 red joined #koha
19:25 magnuse joined #koha
19:33 talljoy joined #koha
19:46 gmcharlt barton: I have now created a category called Fines and fees
19:46 barton @gmcharlt++
19:46 huginn` barton: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
20:10 indradg joined #koha
20:13 kathryn joined #koha
20:34 magnuse joined #koha
20:51 wizzyrea hi
20:51 wahanui bonjour, wizzyrea
21:16 JoshB left #koha
21:26 kellym joined #koha
21:33 gandaro joined #koha
22:48 NateC joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary