IRC log for #koha, 2017-09-27

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:43 Francesca joined #koha
00:43 Francesca joined #koha
01:01 talljoy joined #koha
01:06 Francesca joined #koha
01:56 talljoy joined #koha
03:01 wizzycray joined #koha
05:05 JoshB joined #koha
05:08 JoshB joined #koha
05:14 Francesca joined #koha
05:23 cait joined #koha
05:39 Francesca joined #koha
05:49 wizzycray joined #koha
05:59 Francesca joined #koha
06:10 aslak joined #koha
06:24 fridolin joined #koha
06:25 fridolin hi there
06:27 magnuse bonjour fridolin
06:27 fridolin bonjour magnuse watsup
06:28 fridolin I've eard you come to see us soon ?
06:33 Francesca joined #koha
06:42 LibraryClaire joined #koha
06:44 laurence joined #koha
06:47 reiveune1 joined #koha
06:47 reiveune1 hello
06:48 reiveune1 left #koha
06:49 LibraryClaire joined #koha
06:50 paul_p joined #koha
06:52 reiveune1 joined #koha
06:57 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:00 alex_a joined #koha
07:00 alex_a bonjour
07:01 sophie_m joined #koha
07:16 Francesca joined #koha
07:17 greenjimll joined #koha
07:18 oha joined #koha
07:29 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:29 gaetan_B hello
07:29 wahanui hello, gaetan_B
07:38 alex_a joined #koha
07:39 paul_p_ joined #koha
07:46 javagui joined #koha
07:59 cait joined #koha
08:01 Francesca joined #koha
08:04 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
08:04 Amit_Gupta hi all
08:10 gveranis joined #koha
08:10 Francesca joined #koha
08:41 Francesca joined #koha
08:50 gaetan_B joined #koha
09:17 * cait waves
09:36 laurence left #koha
09:46 ashimema @later tel khall any chance of an update on bug 16899
09:46 huginn` ashimema: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
09:46 ashimema @later tell khall any chance of an update on bug 16899
09:46 huginn` ashimema: The operation succeeded.
09:48 cait bug 16899
09:48 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16899 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Failed QA , Add ability to disallow overpayments via SIP
10:14 javagui_ joined #koha
10:22 LibraryClaire joined #koha
10:29 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
10:47 paul_p_ joined #koha
11:04 NateC joined #koha
11:04 kidclamp joined #koha
11:32 meliss joined #koha
11:35 caboose joined #koha
11:54 fridolin joined #koha
11:57 oleonard joined #koha
12:02 kmlussier joined #koha
12:23 alex_a_ joined #koha
12:28 pvkrogh joined #koha
12:30 jzairo joined #koha
12:31 nengard joined #koha
12:33 * magnuse glares at bug 19260
12:33 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19260 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Reservations / holds marked as problems being seen as expired ones and deleted wrongly.
12:36 kidclamp don't anger the bugs magnuse, they dig deeper into the code
12:36 magnuse oops
12:43 alex_a joined #koha
12:51 cait @quote add  kidclamp: don't anger the bugs magnuse, they dig deeper into the code
12:51 huginn` cait: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
12:51 cait hmm
12:51 ashimema @quote add  kidclamp: don't anger the bugs magnuse, they dig deeper into the code
12:51 huginn` ashimema: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
12:51 ashimema lol
12:51 ashimema seems I'm not registered either
12:51 cait trying to remember how it works
12:52 cait left #koha
12:52 cait joined #koha
12:53 tcohen joined #koha
12:54 magnuse @quote add  kidclamp: don't anger the bugs magnuse, they dig deeper into the code
12:54 huginn` magnuse: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
12:55 magnuse @quote add  kidclamp: don't anger the bugs magnuse, they dig deeper into the code
12:55 huginn` magnuse: The operation succeeded.  Quote #329 added.
12:55 magnuse pm huginn and just say "identify"
12:55 tcohen morning
12:57 cait i just found my password...
12:57 alex_a_ joined #koha
12:57 ashimema morning tcohen
12:58 ashimema I'm just catching up on your furious activity on api paging now
12:58 ashimema hold tight whilst I read back on it ;)
12:58 tcohen ashimema: hehe
13:00 cait tcohen: my kohadevbox is broken again
13:01 magnuse looks like we lost ExpireReservesMaxPickUpDelay somewhere along the way from 16.11 to 17.05
13:01 kholt joined #koha
13:01 tcohen sudo apt install libmojolicious-plugin-openapi-perl
13:01 cait yes that
13:01 cait but how to do it? it seems to die before I can get in
13:01 tcohen you are not reading my emails to koha-devel :-P
13:01 cait maybe not the very last ones, this was from last evening :)
13:01 tcohen cait: just run
13:02 tcohen sudo apt install libmojolicious-plugin-openapi-perl ; restart_all
13:02 cait if you point me to the right mail i can go from there
13:02 cait but maybe i missed it indeed
13:03 tcohen I sent it on Sept 22nd
13:04 JoshB joined #koha
13:07 andreashm joined #koha
13:08 * andreashm waves
13:08 tcohen hi andreashm
13:08 andreashm hi tcohen
13:09 magnuse tjänare andreashm
13:09 andreashm magnuse: hey!
13:09 magnuse andreashm: will you be in Kristianstad next week?
13:12 kellym joined #koha
13:13 andreashm magnuse: yep!
13:13 magnuse cool!
13:14 cait fix some bugs for me, you 2 :)
13:14 andreashm hehe
13:14 andreashm what bugs? =)
13:15 dbourgault joined #koha
13:15 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:17 cait all the bugs :)
13:21 andreashm gaaah....
13:28 talljoy joined #koha
13:33 cait tcohen++ #devbox support
13:42 andreashm still no one who knows where the description information in fines is taken from? Sometimes it add a barcode (Lost), sometimes not (Fines, accruing). Adding a fine manually instead adds the itemnumber...
13:48 mirkh Hi, is the default installation adding to the cronjobs?
13:53 mirkh It's not in our cron.daily, but I was just thinking that perhaps it is run by some other script, that runs several cron scripts at once?
13:56 Joubu misc/cronjobs/crontab.example:# 19 1 * * *  __KOHA_USER__  $KOHA_CRON_PATH/ --lost 90=1 --confirm
13:58 LibraryClaire left #koha
13:58 JoshB joined #koha
14:14 jls joined #koha
14:20 blou joined #koha
14:27 paul_p joined #koha
14:40 jbeno joined #koha
14:44 jenkins Project Koha_Master_Coverage build #1: ABORTED in 35 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_Coverage/1/
14:45 blou joined #koha
14:45 reiveune1 bye
14:45 reiveune1 left #koha
14:52 alex_a joined #koha
14:56 flusskiesel joined #koha
14:56 flusskiesel Hi!
14:58 flusskiesel I try to add a file to my koha-instance (for testing), but i always get 500-error. The rights for the file are -rwx r-x r-x like the other koha-files.
14:58 flusskiesel Can anyone help me please?
14:59 rocio joined #koha
15:01 TGoat joined #koha
15:02 Joubu flusskiesel: what is the error?
15:02 Joubu check the logs
15:03 flusskiesel (13) permission denied
15:03 flusskiesel one moment please ...
15:04 flusskiesel AH01215: (13)Permission denied: exec of '/usr/share/koha/intranet/test.txt
15:04 Joubu rename it
15:04 blou joined #koha
15:05 Joubu and check the shebang
15:09 flusskiesel Sorry - just the same 500. :-(
15:11 edveal joined #koha
15:11 Joubu should be moved to /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/
15:11 edveal Hello #koha
15:12 flusskiesel I moved it to /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/circ and i get the same error.
15:12 flusskiesel (I try to learn how to add a script to koha)
15:13 cait flusskiesel: apache is configured for specific file endings is my guess
15:13 cait have to run, bye all!
15:13 cait left #koha
15:16 Joubu flusskiesel: cp -a /usr/share/koha/intranet/c​gi-bin/{mainpage,test}.pl
15:16 Joubu the hit /cgi-bin/koha/
15:16 Joubu you should see the mainpa
15:16 Joubu the koha mainpage
15:18 flusskiesel @Joubu Yeah! It works!
15:18 huginn` flusskiesel: I've exhausted my database of quotes
15:20 flusskiesel Thank You very much! From this point, i can go on!!
15:20 flusskiesel :-)
15:20 flusskiesel @huginn ?
15:20 huginn` flusskiesel: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
15:21 flusskiesel no hectic! ;-)
15:24 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #263: STILL UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/263/
15:27 flusskiesel I try to connect with a IRC-Client ... bye - and thanks for the help!
15:28 tcohen1 joined #koha
15:30 Markus joined #koha
15:30 Markus left #koha
15:31 flusskiesel joined #koha
15:41 fridolin left #koha
16:28 kholt joined #koha
16:32 blou joined #koha
16:39 cait joined #koha
18:02 TGoat joined #koha
18:22 pastebot "tcohen" at pasted "Joubu" (32 lines) at
18:23 tgoatley joined #koha
18:24 TGoat joined #koha
18:52 meliss joined #koha
19:07 JesseDhammu joined #koha
19:07 JesseDhammu can I generate QR codes on koha
19:19 jenkins joined #koha
19:21 Joubu JesseDhammu: no
19:23 JesseDhammu is there any other open source software coming which is better than koha ???
19:23 jenkins joined #koha
19:24 alexbuckley joined #koha
19:24 cait JesseDhammu: trying to provoke?
19:25 cait what do you want to use qr codes for?
19:25 Joubu JesseDhammu: nope
19:25 JesseDhammu no no , we had a workshop on last week. and some librarian were saying that there is a new sofware coming ow.
19:26 JesseDhammu By the way im a huge Koha Fan
19:26 JesseDhammu QR codes for my Users
19:26 cait maybe they meant FOLIO
19:26 JesseDhammu coz they take less space on library cards
19:26 JesseDhammu ohhhh gotta check that
19:26 kidclamp as long as you have readers that convert qr to a string it should work
19:27 cait hm yeah checking your barcode readers first
19:27 JesseDhammu I can by readers
19:27 cait folio is not far yet in development
19:27 cait not in a state to be usable in a library
19:28 JesseDhammu now we have simple EAN 39 barcode on books and library member cards
19:28 ibeardslee I would have thought that a useable QR code would be take more space than a barcode.
19:29 cait barcodes also have different sizes, depending on font and number
19:29 JesseDhammu it depends on the design of your library card
19:29 ibeardslee true
19:29 kidclamp i suggest either way to have a human readable version on the card, for when technology fails
19:30 JesseDhammu Like I was planning to put in beside the library logo on top
19:30 edveal joined #koha
19:31 JesseDhammu that is always better. but sometimes it is difficult for a circulation guy to enter or search the user manually
19:31 JesseDhammu so we have both, the actual patron number or Library ID and the data encoded in EAN39 barcode
19:32 * ibeardslee would hazard a guess that a QR code probably wouldn't be overly hard to implement .. I mean there is already the existing process to generate (and read) bar codes, just need to work out the best way to implement it. .. and then find someone to do it (or pay to do it).
19:32 JesseDhammu Yeah
19:32 ibeardslee *but* don't take my guess as fact!
19:33 JesseDhammu but these QR codes are pretty handy with smartphones and tabs
19:33 ibeardslee smartphones read ordinary barcodes as well
19:33 JesseDhammu like here in india, we have Unique Identity for our citizens, and these UID cards have QR printed on it..
19:34 JesseDhammu but only the encoded data,
19:34 JesseDhammu but with QR code you can put multiple data fields in one QR code image
19:35 ibeardslee rangi/aleisha: is adding qr codes something the academy could implement as a project? or just too much to for novices to achieve in 4 days?
19:36 JesseDhammu so like, when you scan your library card's QR. it will display you the library card number, Name, Designation, Department, date of issue and date of expiry all that stuff, all encoded within the same code image
19:36 JesseDhammu and imagine encoding all this using EAN 39 barcode
19:37 ibeardslee I'd suggest that is too much information to put in a single QR code.
19:38 JesseDhammu it is possible. i have seen it on my UID card.
19:39 ibeardslee I'm not saying it isn't possible, I'm saying I don't think it is really necessary.
19:39 JesseDhammu yeah, but I'm just referring it as an example
19:39 ibeardslee that information is human readable on the card, and a simple machine readable code should be able to look up the rest of that information.
19:39 JesseDhammu just saying that QR are better than Barcodes
19:40 JesseDhammu you are right
19:42 rangi ibeardslee: it's totally something they could do, there are cpan libraries for it
19:43 rangi Joubu: not me
19:43 jls joined #koha
19:43 Joubu rangi: hum? :)
19:43 JesseDhammu ibeardslee: thanks buddy, good night , see you later
19:44 rangi Joubu: about the docker thing :)
19:44 ibeardslee night? still got a day's work ahead ;)
19:45 Joubu rangi: ha! ok thanks. Maybe we should try and contact docker guys
19:45 JesseDhammu ha ha ,, I know ,, but its night here and I gotta sleep
19:45 ibeardslee JesseDhammu: if there isn't already a bug/feature request for the QR codes, can you go make one?
19:45 rangi Joubu: might be worth it yes
19:45 kathryn joined #koha
19:46 JesseDhammu yeah sure, I can try
19:53 kohaa joined #koha
19:54 kohaa koha may be installed on a server that has another system
19:59 kohaa koha may be installed on a server that has another system
20:00 cait yes it's possible to run other applications on the same server, but your question is a bit general :)
20:04 kohaa Thanks, if I have a server that hosts a website so the question can be installed KOHA on the same server
20:05 cait I don't see a reason why not
20:05 cait mostly a matter of your apache configuration probably
20:22 gandaro joined #koha
20:32 JesseM joined #koha
20:32 tcohen joined #koha
20:35 tcohen hi
20:35 wahanui bidet, tcohen
20:36 * cait waves
20:41 tcohen hi cait
20:44 gandaro hallu
20:53 greenjimll joined #koha
20:54 JoshB left #koha
20:58 mveron joined #koha
20:58 mveron Hi again #koha
20:58 kidclamp joined #koha
21:00 kidclamp meeting time!
21:00 wahanui mmm meat
21:01 kidclamp wahanui: botsnack steak
21:01 wahanui :)
21:02 kidclamp #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 27 September 2017
21:02 huginn` Meeting started Wed Sep 27 21:02:25 2017 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
21:02 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:02 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 September 2017)
21:02 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_27_september_2017'
21:02 kidclamp #topic Introductions
21:02 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
21:02 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 September 2017)
21:02 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens,ByWater Solutions
21:03 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi
21:03 mveron #info Marc Véron, Switzerland
21:04 kidclamp joubu cait marcelr khall fridolin
21:05 kidclamp bueller?
21:05 kidclamp tcohen, mveron  - should we push this if just us?
21:06 mveron I don't think so :-)
21:06 kidclamp I mean reschedule for next week and drum up more attendees
21:06 tcohen rangi?
21:07 tcohen I think we should re-schedule, but this doesn't look good to me :-D
21:07 mveron Let's wait some minutes and then re-schedule...
21:07 tcohen I'd say same day same time next week if no one shows up
21:07 tcohen agreed
21:07 kidclamp kk - lets give them til 21:15?
21:07 mveron +1
21:07 tcohen yup
21:07 tcohen +1
21:08 * kidclamp goes to youtube
21:09 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
21:09 kidclamp hi cait
21:09 cait ooops
21:10 tcohen hi cait
21:11 * mveron waves to cait
21:11 tcohen quorum?
21:11 wahanui i guess quorum is 4
21:11 tcohen alright
21:12 cait not sure next week would be better
21:12 tcohen cait: elaborate :-D
21:12 greenjimll #info Jon Knight, Loughborough Uni
21:12 tcohen hi Jon!
21:12 cait :)
21:12 greenjimll Hi!
21:12 cait maybe i am proven wrong
21:12 tcohen rangi, wizzyrea, dcook
21:13 rangi too busy at work sorry, and wizzyrea is on annual leave
21:13 alexbuckley_ #info Alex Buckley, Wellington NZ
21:14 tcohen rangi: too bad, hope to have you around soon!
21:16 alexbuckley_ Hi
21:16 greenjimll Hi!
21:16 kidclamp #topic Announcements
21:16 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 September 2017)
21:16 kidclamp Anyone have anything?
21:17 greenjimll Not from me.
21:17 cait Documentation IRC meeting tomorrow
21:17 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ting_28_September
21:17 kidclamp #info Documentation meeting tomorrow, 22UTC
21:18 tcohen There's a scheduled QA sprint next friday
21:18 kidclamp yup, on agenda
21:18 tcohen people could join and make it a GBSD
21:19 tcohen ah, sorry
21:19 tcohen agenda?
21:19 wahanui i guess agenda is a wiki
21:19 kidclamp also on agenda :-)
21:19 kidclamp #topic Update from the Release manager (17.11)
21:19 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (17.11) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 September 2017)
21:19 kidclamp Joubu isn't here but read 'what's on'
21:19 kidclamp #link[…]in-koha-devel-15/
21:20 kidclamp tcohen can you talk jenkins?
21:20 tcohen ok
21:20 tcohen The Mojolicious version change and new deps for the REST api
21:20 tcohen made our jenkins setup unsustainable
21:21 tcohen in order to avoid breaking the testing env for stable branches
21:21 tcohen the infrastructure has been dockerized
21:21 tcohen this means the tests run on a docker container
21:21 tcohen which is quite similar to what happens in kohadevbox
21:21 kidclamp #info jenkins got borked, joubu and tcohen dockerized it and made it more awesome, you should thank them
21:22 tcohen we went even further, and created dockerized images tasks for the stable branches
21:22 cait tcohen++ Joubu++
21:22 greenjimll Thank you! :-)
21:22 tcohen so everything is running in docker and while there are some issues
21:22 tcohen we've learned quite a lot
21:22 kidclamp tcohen++
21:22 tcohen and things look great right now
21:22 kidclamp joubu++
21:22 mveron tcohen++ Joubu++
21:23 kidclamp #link[…]ember/049092.html Release date published
21:23 tcohen done
21:23 kidclamp thank you
21:23 tcohen ah
21:23 kidclamp #info SO queue is growing and there are majors, please give attention
21:24 tcohen #link
21:24 cait there are some cool things in signed off... hope qa will be able to qa on time :)
21:24 kidclamp #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
21:24 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 September 2017)
21:24 kidclamp cait, the floor is yours
21:24 cait we are trying to refine the process a bit
21:25 cait being more coordinated :)
21:25 cait otherwise nothing new, releases will happen
21:26 kidclamp #info cait and maintainer are refining processes, distilling awesomeness, expect releases to keep happening
21:26 kidclamp #topic Updates from the QA team
21:26 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 September 2017)
21:27 kidclamp #info QA Sprint Day Friday, September 29
21:27 kidclamp All hands on deck to help out and test and move things along
21:27 kidclamp make sure to read your bug notifications
21:27 kidclamp set QA contact when reviewing bugs to prevent duplication
21:27 * mveron will be travelling, sorry
21:27 tcohen mveron: you can do it in advance :-D
21:27 mveron :-)
21:27 * kidclamp is at a training but will do his best
21:28 kidclamp Anyone else to add?
21:28 greenjimll Good to see the ILL stuff coming along.
21:29 kidclamp #info bug 7347 is of interest
21:29 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7347 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, CLOSED FIXED, dontmerge preference description wrong
21:29 kidclamp #info bug 7317 is of interest
21:29 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7317 new feature, P5 - low, ---, alex.sassmannshausen, Signed Off , Add an Interlibrary Loan Module to Circulation and OPAC
21:29 kidclamp oops
21:30 kidclamp #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
21:30 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 September 2017)
21:30 alexbuckley_ In an article I've written for this months newsletter about a research project of automated regression testing tools, I asked developers to please test a whole bunch of selenium tests I have written to extend the Koha selenium test suite from just basic_workflow.t to testing most of the core Koha functionality I'd just like to re-iterate that it would be awesome if any of you can please test those, so I can make alterations (if
21:30 alexbuckley_ necessary)and hopefully get them into Koha 17.11
21:30 kidclamp heh, sorry alex
21:31 tcohen alexbuckley: bug number?
21:31 kidclamp #info read the latest koha newletter for added selenium tests and see if we can get them moving
21:31 tcohen ah
21:31 tcohen ok
21:31 tcohen maybe it is time to integrate Selenium to kohadevbox
21:31 kidclamp who wants to volunteer to organize gbsd?
21:31 cait alexbuckley++
21:31 tcohen alexbuckley++
21:31 kidclamp alexbuckley++
21:32 mveron alexbuckley++
21:32 alexbuckley_ bugs 18974, 19181, 19182, 19183, 19184, 19185, 19189, 19243, 19330, 19330 and more to come :)
21:32 kidclamp GBSD? volunteer someone who isn't here?:-D
21:33 cait we are probably going to do a documentation sprint too at some point
21:33 tcohen kidclamp: can u explain what it involves?
21:33 cait tcohen: making a wiki page, announcing it
21:33 cait running the gbsd account for th eday
21:33 kidclamp sending emails, wiki page, tweeting if you want to be realy excited
21:33 cait being around :)
21:33 kidclamp banging the koha drum
21:34 mveron playing Koha Piano Concerto No. 1
21:34 kidclamp usually good to poke the sandbox providers as well
21:34 tcohen I'll be around to help anyone organizing
21:35 kidclamp eating the koha dog food?[…]81f2-317b248bbcf8
21:35 cait playing the koha ice hockey?
21:36 kidclamp presumably we want itsoon? so qa can catch up?
21:37 kidclamp maybe Oct 11 or that week?
21:37 kidclamp #info kidclamp will send an email to lists to start organizing GBSD in october
21:38 kidclamp #topic Review of coding guidelines
21:38 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 September 2017)
21:38 greenjimll I'm happy to do any tweeting required.
21:38 kidclamp To add to Commit messages:
21:38 kidclamp Commit messages must start with "Bug XXXXX: "
21:38 kidclamp Commit messages must be a short explanation of what the patch does (not what the bug is)
21:38 kidclamp follow-up patches could start with "Bug XXXXX: (follow-up)" or "Bug XXXXX: (QA follow-up)" (if written by QA team)
21:38 kidclamp follow-up patches must be squashed if not signed-off yet, and the history is not needed
21:38 kidclamp Commit messages must not refer to bug tracker comment numbers
21:38 kidclamp bug report title must be a short explanation of what the bug is
21:39 kidclamp thanks greenjimll
21:39 kidclamp Jonathan proposed standardizing commit messages as pasted in above
21:40 kidclamp any comments or would people like to vote?
21:40 cait just want to remind that these changes will only affect git
21:40 cait for nice release notes, titles in bugzilla have to be nice
21:40 greenjimll Why does the commit message need to start with "Bug XXXX"?
21:40 cait so that the tools pick them up right
21:40 cait git bz, release notes tool etc
21:41 kidclamp makes git log nice too, so you know where to find info
21:41 tcohen it starts with the bug number, greenjimll
21:41 greenjimll OK
21:42 kidclamp gonna call for vote
21:42 tcohen lets vote!
21:42 kidclamp #startvote Should we adopt the commit message guidelines as outlined in the agenda?
21:42 huginn` Begin voting on: Should we adopt the commit message guidelines as outlined in the agenda? Valid vote options are Yes, No.
21:42 huginn` Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
21:43 kidclamp #vote YES
21:43 tcohen #vote Ye
21:43 tcohen #vote Yes
21:43 greenjimll #vote Yes
21:43 thd joined #koha
21:43 mveron #vote Yes
21:43 tcohen too late thd, you cannot vote :-P
21:43 kidclamp tcohen is not chair, ignore him
21:43 tcohen hahaha
21:43 cait #vote abstain
21:43 kidclamp :-b
21:45 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City - [babysitting and mostly missing the meeting]
21:45 kidclamp #endvote
21:45 huginn` Voted on "Should we adopt the commit message guidelines as outlined in the agenda?" Results are
21:46 kidclamp i broke huginn
21:46 greenjimll This is like waiting for Eurovision results.
21:46 kidclamp #info results are 3 yes, 1 abstain
21:47 cait i count 4 yes i tihnk :)
21:47 cait kidclamp: tcohen greenjimll mveron
21:47 kidclamp #info results are 4 yes, 1 abstain
21:47 greenjimll We broke kidclamp too. ;-)
21:47 * kidclamp didn't count kidclamp
21:48 kidclamp #topic Set time of next meeting
21:48 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 September 2017)
21:48 kidclamp not hard to do greenjimll
21:49 kidclamp two weeks is Oct 11 - 14utc
21:49 tcohen can we do it in 3 weeks?
21:49 kidclamp works for me
21:49 tcohen ah, better 2 weeks
21:49 tcohen I was trying to remember when the release is
21:50 greenjimll When is GBSD? Is that on Oct 11th too?
21:50 kidclamp could be
21:50 kidclamp no harm in having on same day (may get us more attendees) :-)
21:51 kidclamp meetings are always weds - gbsd canbe any day
21:51 * mveron agrees
21:51 cait make it a gbsd attraction
21:51 kidclamp sounds good to me
21:51 greenjimll May as well have them on the same day - promote both at the same time.
21:51 aleisha_ joined #koha
21:51 aleisha_ hey all
21:51 kidclamp #info Next meeting: 11 October 2017, 14 UTC
21:51 kidclamp hi aleisha_
21:52 aleisha_ oops did i just jump in on a meeting
21:52 kidclamp just barely :-)
21:52 Francesca joined #koha
21:52 kidclamp last call before i close it :-)
21:53 kidclamp #endmeeting
21:53 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
21:53 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Sep 27 21:53:55 2017 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
21:53 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-09-27-21.02.html
21:53 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]7-09-27-21.02.txt
21:53 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]27-21.02.log.html
21:54 kidclamp thank you all!
21:54 mveron kidclamp++
21:54 greenjimll Thanks for chairing kidclamp.
21:54 tcohen kidclamp++
21:54 cait kidclamp++
21:55 mveron Good night / daytime #koha
21:55 * thd goes back to the babies
21:56 kidclamp bye all
21:56 greenjimll Night all!
21:56 wahanui goodnight greenjimll. You'll be back.
22:45 BobB joined #koha
22:45 BobB good morning
22:45 wahanui well, it's morning somewhere, yes
22:57 Francesca joined #koha
23:01 papa joined #koha
23:05 cait1 joined #koha
23:27 gandaro wahanui: which software do you run?
23:27 wahanui no idea, gandaro
23:27 Francesca joined #koha
23:30 dilan joined #koha
23:34 BobB hi dilan
23:36 BobB i'm packing up our apartment and will be heading up town ...
23:37 BobB will check in with you about 11.00
23:37 BobB c u later
23:59 dilan joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary