IRC log for #koha, 2016-04-26

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 rangi i can never find their vcs repos
00:00 dcook They're on Github I believe
00:01 dcook They used to have them on indexdata's website and recently migrated them
00:01 dcook
00:01 wizzyrea drab, they must have closed the window
00:02 wizzyrea that does give the 404
00:04 rangi cool
00:04 drab wizzyrea: yeah, likely, I will confirm tomorrow as the lib guy comes to work. thank you.
00:04 wizzyrea yep nw
00:04 rangi
00:04 wizzyrea should fix that interface.
00:04 rangi i reckon the depending on docbook which has no maintainer won't be helping
00:04 wizzyrea it's weird.
00:04 wahanui did you try flushing the cache and deleting wahanui's cookies
00:06 dcook rangi: Oh that's neat
00:07 dcook The maintainer just doesn't seem keen
00:08 dcook The one I really don't understand is this person:[…]b/Crypt/
00:08 dcook Their Github shows that they're active, but they ignore anything related to that git repo
00:09 dcook Surely a "I really don't want to maintain this anymore" would suffice...
00:14 papa joined #koha
00:29 drojf joined #koha
00:33 JoshB joined #koha
00:36 drojf hi dcook. i remember you had something to say about http::oai being broken, i just dont remember where. (which version is broken would be the interesting part for me)
00:36 dcook So broken
00:36 dcook 4.03 I think is the latest broken version
00:36 dcook 3.28 should be fine
00:36 barton joined #koha
00:36 dcook drojf: ^ :)
00:37 drojf ok. i could not build latest catmandu-oai with 4.x (they use it too, there is no escape), so mabe that is not my fault
00:38 dcook Ew... why would they use it..
00:38 dcook *sadface*[…]u/Importer/
00:38 drojf why did you use it? …
00:38 dcook I started the OAI stuff years ago before 4.03 came out :)
00:39 dcook Now... I think about rolling my own implementation or taking over HTTP::OAI, but...
00:39 dcook I'm not a huge fan of HTTP::OAI in general
00:39 drojf there are no buts in koha land. do it now!!1
00:39 dcook The documentation isn't very good, parts of it don't work correctly at all
00:39 dcook lol
00:40 dcook Too many projects, too little time
00:40 dcook More accurately, too little money I guess
00:40 dcook I wonder what they do for Catamandu::Importer::OAI...
00:41 dcook drojf: When you say build, is that from CPAN?
00:41 dcook Ahh right. They probably haven't noticed yet.
00:41 dcook As Debian Jessie uses 3.27
00:41 dcook
00:42 dcook 4.03 is coming down the pipes though and I don't think anyone at Debian has fixed it yet
00:42 drojf i dont they anyone there uses much debian
00:42 dcook ?
00:42 dcook Oh, there as in the Catmandu folk?
00:42 drojf yes
00:43 drojf i'll ask about the oai thingy
00:43 dcook Sounds good :)
00:43 dcook Overall, I'm happy to move to Catmandu::Importer::OAI, if it works
00:43 dcook For my purposes, I just need to be able to write the XML to disk
00:43 drojf i think i did my part in tracking the problem, lets have some free as in free beer user support :P
00:44 dcook :)
00:44 drojf no but seriously, they are really nice people. and i did not come closer than that version doed not work for me at all
00:45 dcook Voila:[…]tml?Name=HTTP-OAI
00:45 drojf now hat you confirm you had problems with it its time to figure that out+
00:45 dcook fredericd also had problems with it
00:46 drojf 3.27 is the last one before that? i thought i had a 3.29 but maybe i'm wrong
00:46 dcook @seen eythian
00:46 huginn dcook: eythian was last seen in #koha 13 hours, 8 minutes, and 57 seconds ago: <eythian> magnuse: it is :)
00:46 dcook @later tell eythian you're missed during Australian daylight hours!
00:46 huginn dcook: The operation succeeded.
00:46 dcook drojf: I think it's 3.28 on CPAN, although Debian seems to say they use 3.27
00:47 dcook I think CPAN used to have more versions than just 3.28 and 4.03 on it
00:47 Francesca joined #koha
00:47 drojf ok but then i can try with that and see what happens
00:47 dcook cpanm HTTP::OAI@3.28 :)
00:47 dcook That's what I use here with openSUSE
00:47 drojf nah i build packages of everthing. it#s a debian thing. you should try it :P
00:48 dcook hehe
00:48 dcook I've done it a bit with some of the Perl we use that the community doesn't use
00:48 dcook As I do have one Ubuntu box for Koha
00:48 dcook I really should try making RPMs one of these days...
00:48 dcook Although I don't want to be Koha's RPM package manager :p
00:49 drojf there is still an open slot for an rmp packaging manager ;)
00:49 drojf lol
00:49 drojf damn
00:49 drojf i even misspelled it to trick you into doing it
00:50 dcook lol
00:50 dcook I still want to write Perl bindings for GPGME :p
00:50 dcook If only there were all the time in the world...
00:50 drojf i have no idea of rpm, but it would be cool to have it
00:50 dcook It would make things a lot harder for support though :/
00:50 dcook It's so much easier just supporting Debian
00:50 drojf but i'm not going to learn it… and you are one of the few koha devs using it
00:51 dcook I already get most of the Zebra queries. I don't want all the Zebra queries *and* RPM queries :p
00:51 dcook Yeah, and I think there are some differences between Redhat RPMs and SUSE RPMs
00:51 dcook So I would get inundated with people wanting to install Koha on ancient Redhat
00:51 dcook Then I would just cry myself to sleep at night :p
00:51 drojf zebra is somethingsomethingdeadhorse soon. lets focus on ES and RPM package managing :P
00:51 dcook Well, as rangi pointed out on koha-devel, Zebra will be around for a long while yet I think
00:52 dcook If only for Z39.50 and SRU
00:52 drojf i know, but that is not what i would tell the soontoberpmmanager
00:52 dcook lol
00:52 dcook What we need is a new person to sucker into these tasks
00:52 drojf i was so close… next time!
00:52 dcook Where is a new me from 4 years ago?
00:52 drojf hehe
00:53 dcook Actually, I don't know how many new developers have really joined up..
00:53 drojf yeah i could do a lot of koha stuff if i had another me doing the client stuff
00:53 drojf that would be great
00:53 dcook so great
00:53 drojf i actually have several funny ideas for catmandu in kohja
00:53 drojf but no time to even draw it somewhere
00:53 dcook :(
00:54 dcook Yeah, the only reason I'm typing right now is because I'm choosing between what I'm doing next today..
00:54 dcook Or procrastinating adding OAI deletion support..
00:54 dcook Really not overly happy with the OAI work I've done..
00:54 dcook Feels a bit hacky in how I'm using Koha's import system
00:54 drojf i'm too awake from gravedigging in old databases for like 12 hours today., but i'm not useful for anything besides talking you inti rpm management :D
00:55 dcook Yikes, 3am, eh?
00:55 drojf something like that
00:55 dcook I don't know how tcohen was a RM with a newborn
00:55 drojf om the other hand, i know a lot about that ugly db now ;)
00:55 drojf *on
00:57 dcook hehe
00:58 dcook At this point, I'm trying to do more with Arduinos and such as well...
00:58 dcook A colleague gave me an Uno a while back, so I started playing with it a bit
00:58 dcook Then one of his colleagues gave me some LEDs...
00:58 dcook And now I'm waiting for a package of electronic goodies to occupy me for baby's brief naps :p
01:00 drojf excellent. build a selfcheck machine while the baby sleeps, train it in all things koha while its awake
01:00 dcook hehe
01:00 dcook Yeah, I was thinking of building a self-check machine
01:01 dcook Also want to get a better graphics card for my work machine, so that I can build some sort of library demo using Unreal Engine 4 :p
01:01 drojf maybe start with the first one ;)
01:01 dcook Actually, I think the next project might be building a little device that monitors the climate in the bedroom so I know if baby is too hot or cold..
01:02 dcook Actually, a Raspberry Pi 3 would be better for that than an Arduino...
01:02 dcook Hook it into the WiFi and then it can alert me if I should get up and put more clothes on the bub
01:09 drojf is bub an english word?
01:10 drojf the internet says its aus/nz english for baby :D
01:10 dcook British/Australia, I think?
01:10 dcook Yep, haha
01:10 dcook I'm so used to my wife saying it
01:10 dcook I often tell her that she should speak English instead of Australian..
01:13 drojf bube is an old german word for boy. it's bub (pronounced like boob) in southern germany, where it is more common in general. and there's bubele (in a lot of different spellings) in yiddish
01:15 drojf anyway, i should go to bed. ;) good night dcook and #koha
01:18 talljoy joined #koha
01:24 JoshB joined #koha
01:50 Francesca joined #koha
02:01 dcook I didn't know that you could add a pager to MySQL...
02:01 dcook "\P less" ftw...
02:02 wizzyrea i always like the human readable \G
02:02 dcook What's \G? (of course I'm not in mysql anymore :P)
02:03 florent rangi: Good afternoon, I might have reached a crossroad making it worth creating a patch.
02:03 rangi cool :)
02:04 florent if you had the time to help, that would be ... safer :-)
02:04 rangi is your patch built on top of the other patches?
02:41 qianyao joined #koha
03:16 Francesca joined #koha
03:19 Oak joined #koha
03:19 * Oak waves
03:22 wizzyrea hi oak
03:22 wizzyrea how goes the devbox odyssey
03:22 Oak Hey wizzyrea !
03:22 Oak very cool!
03:22 wizzyrea excellent :)
03:23 Oak testing one bug right now Bug 16263
03:23 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16263 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, aleishaamohia, Needs Signoff , Making authority tags and subfields actions buttons
03:23 wizzyrea a+
03:23 Oak it works fine. would you take a look at the qa-tools output... I'm trying to decide whether to sign-off or not.
03:24 pastebot "Oak" at pasted "QA Tools Output for Bug 16263" (24 lines) at
03:25 irma joined #koha
03:27 wizzyrea if you want to fix it you could add a follow up
03:27 Oak question: is the FAIl related to the 16263 patch?
03:27 wizzyrea and mark the one signed off, and leave it "needs sign off" for the follow up
03:28 wizzyrea the tools should run on master cleanly
03:28 Oak got it. sure.
03:28 wizzyrea the test tools are only looking at the difference between the files changed before and after the most recently applied patch
03:29 Oak OKay. There were some changes + DB upgrade on master when I did git pull.
03:30 Oak so may be one of the new patches is causing it.
03:30 wizzyrea mmm stuff doens't usually get pushed that causes qa tools failures
03:30 Oak i see.
03:30 wizzyrea to be sure though
03:30 wizzyrea your patch that you're testing should be at the tip of your branch
03:30 Oak can I test just that patch specifically?
03:31 wizzyrea it's assuming that what you have applied on is clean
03:31 wizzyrea what I do, and you could do it differently
03:31 wizzyrea is make a new branch based off of master for the bug
03:31 wizzyrea apply the patch, test it
03:31 Oak I can delete the branch, and make a new branch checkout
03:31 wizzyrea and run the tools on that branch
03:31 Oak cool. doing it now.
03:32 wizzyrea (of course you make sure your master branch is up to date with latest upstream master)
03:32 wizzyrea (before you make a branch for your bug)
03:32 Oak I'll do git pull on the master again. I did it 15 minutes ago though.
03:32 wizzyrea I haven't seen anything come through that recently :)
03:33 Oak got it. thank you :)
03:34 Oak alright, new branch, ran qa tools before applying any patch, and all tests PASS. Now I'll apply that patch.
03:36 Oak Yup. Something causes in patch to fail qa tools.
03:36 Oak so that's that.
03:43 wizzyrea :) results are results!
03:43 florent rangi: is it possible all dates used to test importing borrowers were wrongly formatted?
03:44 Oak Yes :)
03:45 Francesca joined #koha
03:46 rangi it is :)
03:46 rangi but i'd suspect unlikely
03:47 Oak wizzyrea, question: #1 if a patch results in things looking OK, but QA fails then should we just add a comment telling the patch developer that "Patch works OK, but QA fails"? Or #2, is it better/"the-way-to-do-it" to add a comment saying "patch works" and sign off, attach patch file, and THEN, add another comment telling QA fails, and revert the "signed off" to "needs sign off"
03:49 Oak or is it #3, up to the sign off person's choice.
03:49 wizzyrea you can just fail qa there
03:49 wizzyrea seems harsh i know
03:49 Oak hmm.
03:49 wizzyrea and yeah, say it works ok but fails the tools and give the output
03:50 wizzyrea if you put a follow up that fixes it, you can leave it needs sign off
03:50 wizzyrea and sign off the original, if that makes sense
03:51 aleisha Hiya Oak
03:51 aleisha I wrote that patch
03:51 Oak hello aleisha :)
03:51 Oak I know!
03:51 Oak :)
03:52 aleisha I don't really understand the QA fail though (don't know what it means) so if you can write a follow-up and attach that, that'd be cool!
03:52 aleisha would like to get this passed :)
03:52 Oak alright.
03:58 Oak question: by "attach" you mean I attach the resulting patch? Even though it will have nothing different from your patch EXCEPT what's highlighted here
03:58 wizzyrea correct
03:59 Oak ok. cool. And I set the patch status to "failed qa"
04:04 * Oak realizes sometimes, he is annoying when trying to understand something.
04:06 wizzyrea it's all good :)
04:06 Oak :)
04:07 Oak oh, QA passed for Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel.
04:13 florent got it. us date format preference versus 'an other format preference'
04:14 rangi ah yeah
04:14 florent very visible now that errors are made visible :-)
04:23 Francesca joined #koha
05:03 florent joined #koha
06:00 cait joined #koha
06:00 * magnuse waves
06:01 * dcook waves to cait and magnuse
06:01 * magnuse waves back
06:02 Oak magnuse
06:02 magnuse Oak
06:02 Oak \o/
06:02 magnuse \o/
06:02 magnuse hehe
06:02 Oak :D
06:04 mario joined #koha
06:07 laurence joined #koha
06:18 pastebot "Oak" at pasted "prove -v t/Perl.t command result for qa-tools" (345 lines) at
06:19 Oak any idea what could be wrong here.
06:39 sophie_m joined #koha
06:45 reiveune joined #koha
06:45 reiveune hello
06:45 Oak hello reiveune
06:45 reiveune salut Oak
06:55 alex_a joined #koha
06:56 alex_a bonjour
06:58 Oak Bonjour Monsieur alex_a
07:04 alex_a salut Oak
07:14 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:15 gaetan_B hello
07:15 wahanui bidet, gaetan_B
07:38 magnuse joined #koha
07:38 eythian @later tell dcook if it's any consolation I was having beers with Australians yesterday!
07:38 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
07:40 cdickinson_ joined #koha
07:40 alex_a_ joined #koha
07:46 ganu joined #koha
07:46 ganu left #koha
08:05 reza__ joined #koha
08:07 reza joined #koha
08:22 paul_p joined #koha
08:27 atheia joined #koha
09:12 irma joined #koha
09:23 Francesca joined #koha
09:50 Francesca joined #koha
09:58 cait joined #koha
10:15 magnuse it's oh so quiet...
10:57 irma joined #koha
11:38 meliss joined #koha
11:48 oleonard joined #koha
11:49 magnuse have fun #koha!
11:49 oleonard Hi #koha
11:58 oleonard Someone else gets the same qa tools error as me. I thought I was unique. Bug 16263
11:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16263 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, arslanone, Needs Signoff , Making authority tags and subfields actions buttons
11:59 kidclamp joined #koha
11:59 ericar joined #koha
12:15 barton joined #koha
12:31 tcohen joined #koha
12:31 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:35 tcohen morning #koha
12:36 tcohen jcamins: thanks for your message
13:01 ericar_ joined #koha
13:04 hanthana joined #koha
13:05 tcohen hi Joubu
13:17 drojf joined #koha
13:18 drojf hi #koha
13:19 drojf @later tell dcook i could install http::oai 4.x from debian testing without any problems, i just can't build the deb package from cpan. now i can build catmandu-oai too
13:19 huginn drojf: The operation succeeded.
13:26 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
13:26 huginn tcohen: The current temperature in Bo Altos de San Martin - NW, Cordoba city, Cordoba City, Argentina is 10.8°C (10:25 AM ART on April 26, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 53%. Dew Point: 2.0°C. Pressure: 30.39 in 1029 hPa (Steady).
13:26 tcohen brrrr
13:26 tcohen hi drojf
13:26 drojf hi tcohen
13:26 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
13:26 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Berlin Tegel, Germany is 8.0°C (3:20 PM CEST on April 26, 2016). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 37%. Dew Point: -6.0°C. Windchill: 5.0°C. Pressure: 29.47 in 998 hPa (Steady).
13:26 tcohen brrrrrrr
13:26 drojf we had snow a few days ago
13:26 drojf i don't want this
13:26 drojf but the weather did not care ;)
13:27 eythian @wunder ams
13:27 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Schiphol, Badhoevedorp, Netherlands is 7.1°C (3:19 PM CEST on April 26, 2016). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 79%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Windchill: 3.0°C. Pressure: 29.44 in 997 hPa (Steady).
13:27 eythian it's missing the fact that I had solid rain hitting me while biking in this morning.
13:28 drojf lol. yeah that happens sometimes
13:30 mario joined #koha
13:30 drojf i got sunshine now! for a few minutes, until there is snow or rain or whatever
13:32 eythian It's koningsdag tomorrow, the weather does not look promising for having thousands more people in the city than normal.
13:32 oleonard @wunder 45701
13:32 huginn oleonard: The current temperature in Heatherstone, Athens, Ohio is 16.0°C (9:32 AM EDT on April 26, 2016). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 15.0°C. Pressure: 29.82 in 1010 hPa (Falling).
13:32 cma joined #koha
13:33 drojf orange umbrella salespeople will have the best day ever
13:33 eythian drojf: yes, yes they will :)
13:40 alex_a joined #koha
13:41 JoshB joined #koha
13:42 geek_cl joined #koha
13:54 * oleonard should hire a mechanical turk just to input random acquisitions data into his test system
13:55 kidclamp I have had to be much more mindful of the words I use when entering 'crap' data since I have to do demos occasionally
14:00 cait joined #koha
14:18 talljoy joined #koha
14:45 drojf joined #koha
14:46 pianohacker joined #koha
14:46 pianohacker yo
14:46 tcohen hi pianohacker
14:46 * cait waves
14:47 tcohen hey cait
14:52 pianohacker hi tcohen
14:57 NateC joined #koha
15:00 * cait waves
15:03 * JesseM waves
15:04 burdsjm joined #koha
15:04 burdsjm joined #koha
15:04 burdsjm joined #koha
15:07 meliss joined #koha
15:19 Oak joined #koha
15:19 * Oak waves
15:20 bag morning
15:21 oleonard Hi Oak
15:21 Oak Hello wizzyrea, cait
15:21 Oak heya oleonard
15:21 wahanui oleonard is still here, if you just wish hard enough. or Koha's master UI designer
15:21 Oak hello bag
15:22 bag hi hi
15:24 Oak oleonard, I'll also ignore that same message in future then... if all else looks OK.
15:25 oleonard Yeah I wish I knew why it did that. It makes me think some valid errors will slip through.
15:29 Oak hmm. Yes, that too.
15:33 drojf left #koha
15:40 reiveune bye
15:40 reiveune left #koha
15:44 oleonard Joubu around?
15:47 Joubu oleonard: yep
15:48 oleonard Regarding Bug 3534...
15:48 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3534 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , Patron quick add form
15:48 oleonard I think the unanswered question is, how do you choose which version of the form is default?
15:50 oleonard If we take away the separate quick add button, then we have to choose a default
15:51 oleonard Maybe I'm thinking too much about it. I'm concerned that a library will want to have the option of patron quick add, but not want it to be default.
15:51 oleonard kidclamp I think your sponsor must want it to be default if PatronQuickAddFields is defined.
15:52 Joubu oleonard: I'd say the default is the current form
15:52 Joubu and a switch button would allow to switch to the quick form
15:54 Joubu I was thinking about some JS code to "enable" the button when the user is on the patron add form
15:54 Joubu but don't think it could work
15:55 kidclamp We could have a second pref: defaulttoquickadd
15:56 kidclamp I liked the second button because it took all of that decision away
15:57 kidclamp and let staff have either they wanted without deciding for all libraries
15:58 oleonard Yeah I'm thinking now that the second button is probably best.
15:59 kidclamp it could just say 'Quick add' instead of 'Quick add new patron'
15:59 oleonard It's not like we're running out of space in that toolbar.
16:01 Joubu oleonard: if you agree, I am fine with the second button
16:01 oleonard My suggestion for the toggle controls on the form itself:
16:02 kidclamp oleonard: is that a link with a fa icon?
16:03 oleonard Yes
16:03 kidclamp okay, will move buttons to top of both forms and convert to links
16:03 oleonard kidclamp: I can submit a followup for that if you'd like
16:04 kidclamp I wouldn't stop ya ;-)
16:04 kidclamp oleonard++
16:09 Joubu oleonard: don't you think we should also be able to switch from full to quick?
16:11 oleonard Yes the link changes based on which view it is
16:31 amyk joined #koha
16:31 JoshB joined #koha
16:37 geek_cl joined #koha
16:45 oleonard Hey I'll bet you're bored and don't want to do work but you want to look busy so why not sign off on Bug 16238? The last patch is just a whitespace fix.
16:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16238 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Upgrade jQuery in staff client: use .prop() instead of .attr()
16:47 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16328: follow-up for bug 15044 - Fix datatable error <[…]2b65b06b98ce61c34>
16:47 Oak joined #koha
16:49 bshum joined #koha
16:50 JoshB left #koha
17:05 kidclamp joined #koha
17:06 oleonard bgkriegel++ # Looking busy!
17:12 oleonard khall around?
17:12 khall what's up?
17:13 oleonard I just tried uploading a plugin and it failed. Is that something you've tested recently?
17:13 khall oleonard: can't say I have. I'll give it a shot as well
17:14 oleonard No visible error message. All I see in the log is something about "Use of uninitialized value $op in string eq"
17:15 kidclamp which plugin oleonard?
17:18 oleonard MARC checker
17:19 kidclamp did the upload fail or it just didn't show?
17:19 kidclamp and do you have all perl dependencies?
17:19 khall oleonard: I think that one needs extra libs
17:19 tcohen libmarc-lint-perl
17:19 khall that's the one
17:20 khall we need some kind of dependency declaration system for plugins
17:20 khall or docs with large bold text
17:23 khall oleonard: looks like the files didn't get installed, so that's not the issue
17:23 khall you should have gotten an error if the plugins dir wasn't writable
17:44 oleonard Okay yeah I didn't see the dependencies because instructions are for suckers and I'm a go-getter.
17:48 oleonard khall: Some plugins can uninstall themselves and some can't?
17:49 khall each plugin should have an uninstall sub for cleaning up after themselves
17:49 khall short answer, correct
17:50 khall oleonard: if it's one of mine I can update it it pretty easily for you
17:50 laurence left #koha
17:51 oleonard I'm just poking around at the moment, not trying to accomplish anything in particular except examine the way the templates work.
17:51 khall gotcha
17:51 oleonard I was curious why there was no uninstall link for the MARC checker plugin (which shows up now that the dependency is satisfied)
17:52 khall oleonard: I think we should maybe add a "force uninstall" option or some other way of allowing plugins to be uninstalled even if they don't have an uninstall method
17:52 khall no real reason not to
17:55 ericar_ joined #koha
17:56 cait there are some reamining bugs with edifact - like the obsolete link on tools that leads nowhere - is someone working on those?
17:56 cait also a problem with the preferences
18:01 oleonard The "EDIfact messages" page in Acquisitions doesn't show any means of adding an EDIfact message. Shouldn't it?
18:02 oleonard Or is that something which is added by the process?
18:02 oleonard I know nothing about it.
18:03 talljoy joined #koha
18:15 laurence joined #koha
18:15 laurence left #koha
18:16 bag added by the process
18:20 cait bag: check the tools page - there is another edifact messages there
18:20 cait i think we need to remove it
18:20 bag ah I thought we already did
18:21 cait still there
18:21 cait there is also a bit of a mess with preferences - one is showing up under local use, tcohen filed a bug for it, all linked from the main one
18:23 bag yup we’re on it cait
18:23 bag khall: is looking at it now
18:23 mario_ joined #koha
18:26 cait cool
18:31 mario_ joined #koha
18:46 oleonard_ joined #koha
18:47 oleonard joined #koha
18:54 TGoat joined #koha
18:55 TGoat left #koha
18:57 oleonard How do you manually remove a plugin if it doesn't have an uninstall link?
18:57 oleonard I guess you can just manually construct an uninstall link using the class name.
18:57 oleonard Does a "correct" uninstall remove data from the plugin_data table?
18:59 oleonard I will take my answer off the air
19:33 ericar joined #koha
20:04 andreashm joined #koha
20:04 andreashm hey #koha
20:18 tcohen hey andreashm
20:18 andreashm hi tcohen!
20:19 andreashm what's up?
20:22 tcohen hey
20:22 tcohen i'm trying to code a bit
20:24 andreashm nice!
20:26 andreashm Anyone know of any good examples of libraries using Koha as a OAI-PMH server? (For use with a Discovery system)
20:26 andreashm tcohen: how's spring in Argentina?
20:27 tcohen we are entering autuum
20:28 andreashm oh yeah, sorry
20:29 ccordova joined #koha
20:32 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
20:32 huginn tcohen: The current temperature in Bo Altos de San Martin - NW, Cordoba city, Cordoba City, Argentina is 14.9°C (5:30 PM ART on April 26, 2016). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 38%. Dew Point: 1.0°C. Pressure: 30.33 in 1027 hPa (Steady).
20:37 andreashm @wunder Sion, Switzerland
20:37 huginn andreashm: The current temperature in Sion military, Switzerland is 9.0°C (9:50 PM CEST on April 26, 2016). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 62%. Dew Point: 2.0°C. Pressure: 29.71 in 1006 hPa (Rising).
20:38 JesseM joined #koha
20:48 pianohacker andreashm: you may wish to get in touch with dcook
20:53 edveal joined #koha
20:56 cait andreashm: I know of a library using it with ebsco's discovery layer
20:58 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: DBRev for Bug 12478 - Elasticsearch support for Koha <[…]618790f516b5889c5> / Bug 12748: (QA followup) make new tests pass <[…]87cc27ae59c53bcf9> / Bug 12748: (QA followup) fix several tiny QA tools warnings <[…]web/?p=koha.git;a
21:03 tcohen woooooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooo
21:04 tcohen @later tell andreashm I didn't read your question, I have some customers using EDS with the Koha I provide
21:04 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
21:08 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 12478: (RM followup) fix syntax error in <[…]0916afd4e1e16cc8c>
21:10 andreashm joined #koha
21:11 andreashm back
21:11 andreashm got logged out
21:12 tcohen hi andreashm
21:12 andreashm cait, tcohen: did you have examples that use oai?
21:12 tcohen i'm about to leave
21:12 tcohen did you have a specific question?
21:12 cait andreashm: we just turned it on for ebsco - and they use it
21:12 cait no questions
21:13 andreashm just good examples of how it works, to provide info via oai
21:13 tcohen we had to make items available through OAI
21:13 bag @later tell Joubu can you rebase this for me?  https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=14899  (I’ll get some testers on that immediately)  thanks
21:13 cait it seemed like they already used oai with other kohas
21:13 huginn bag: The operation succeeded.
21:13 huginn Bug 14899: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Mapping configuration page for Elastic search
21:13 tcohen bag++
21:13 tcohen rangi++
21:13 tcohen koha++
21:13 tcohen es++
21:13 andreashm saw on an old post on the mailinglist that using oai wasn't sufficient for real time availability checking (with eds)
21:14 cait we are using a daia api
21:14 cait it's developed on top of Koha's SRU i think
21:14 andreashm daia?
21:14 tcohen ah
21:14 cait so SRU might be fast enough
21:15 tcohen andreashm: thats's correct
21:15 tcohen you need to allow remote access to the SRU server
21:15 tcohen so they query availability
21:15 andreashm ah, cool
21:15 wizzyrea [09:13] <tcohen> we had to make items available through OAI < I feel like we've done this as well
21:15 tcohen so, enable OAI + include_items
21:15 wizzyrea dunno eythian did all of that
21:16 wizzyrea also hi
21:16 * andreashm waves
21:16 tcohen and then make sure they can access your SRU server
21:16 tcohen hi wizzyrea
21:16 cait andreashm: 'document availability information api' -  my coworker built a server for providing it to the different ILS we support - but i know he uses SRU underneath
21:16 * tcohen leaves
21:16 tcohen bye everyone
21:16 andreashm bye tcohen! thanks for the info!
21:17 tcohen koha++
21:17 tcohen :-P
21:17 andreashm tcohen++
21:17 andreashm cait++
21:17 bag tcohen++
21:19 bag Bug 16249
21:19 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16249 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Passed QA , Zebra-specific tests should pass with ES disabled
21:22 wizzyrea eythian you would kick ass at this.
21:28 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16249: Zebra-specific tests should pass with ES disabled <[…]582ff0ca21f7f51e5>
21:29 cait huh
21:32 andreashm does bug 15165 apply for anyone else?
21:32 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15165 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, Needs Signoff , REST API routes to list, edit and pay borrower's accountlines
21:33 andreashm We have tested it at Stockhol Univ and I wanted to apply to do a sign-off, but can't apply it here
21:34 andreashm heh. Stockholm.
21:36 cait did you apply the dependency?
21:36 andreashm cait: ah, I missed that. will try again. thanks!
21:36 cait np
21:40 andreashm yay, it worked!
21:40 andreashm but now it's getting late, have to finish that tomorrow.
21:40 andreashm cait++
21:40 andreashm bye #koha
21:44 francesca joined #koha
21:44 francesca Good morning
21:44 wahanui well, it's morning somewhere, yes
21:44 francesca I'll be in sometime in the next hour or so
21:50 wizzyrea cool
21:53 Francesca_ joined #koha
21:58 cait ah, too bad oleonard is gone already
21:58 cait keep wanting to ask him questions
22:09 francescam joined #koha
22:18 reza joined #koha
22:26 cait khall_away: ?
22:31 pianohacker he's away ;)
22:32 pianohacker what's up cait
22:32 cait ah, i left a comment
22:33 pianohacker oh, interesting
22:33 wahanui interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
22:48 irma joined #koha
23:05 irma joined #koha
23:07 reza joined #koha
23:08 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16354 - TestBuilder.t fails due to key constraints <[…]3b66bb638ddc54986>
23:18 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16154: Fix some other occurrences <[…]6bfe2f375ccc9b713> / Bug 16154: CGI->multi_param - Assign a list <[…]813071951bc600ae4> / Bug 16154: CGI->multi_param - Force scalar context <[…]iff;h=f3e4b5bbb6b
23:31 bag rangi if I missed any of the ES bugs that need to be moved to Pushed to Master - let me know - I think I grabbed them all
23:32 rangi cool will do
23:33 edveal joined #koha
23:47 JoshB joined #koha
23:55 rangi bag: do have ssh access to any of the jenkins nodes?
23:55 rangi they will need a couple of modules installed
23:55 papa joined #koha
23:58 bag no - I usually ask tcohen to install those

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary