IRC log for #koha, 2016-04-04

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:07 JoshB joined #koha
02:13 mario joined #koha
02:30 Francesca joined #koha
02:52 papa joined #koha
03:02 mario joined #koha
03:07 mario joined #koha
03:42 Francesca joined #koha
03:53 Francesca hi
03:53 wahanui hola, Francesca
03:57 wizzyrea hi Francesca
03:57 Francesca sup
03:58 wizzyrea not a whole lot really, worky work work work
03:59 wizzyrea how about you?
03:59 Francesca worky worky work uni style
04:00 Francesca and bad asthma
04:05 wizzyrea bleh
04:07 Francesca good description
04:16 wizzyrea I feel very thankful that I have never had more than a wee bit of allergy sniffles
04:16 wizzyrea no asthma or other "oh god I can't breathe" issues.
04:17 mtj hey Francesca, wizzyrea ;0)
04:17 wizzyrea hi mtj!
04:17 Francesca hi mtj
04:17 wizzyrea gosh it seems like ages since I've talked to you
04:17 Francesca I just took a mouse off sirius
04:17 Francesca hes not happy
04:17 wizzyrea eh let him eat it :)
04:18 Francesca in this house we rescue mice
04:18 mtj yeah, april already - how did that happen?!
04:18 wizzyrea I don't know!
04:18 wizzyrea Francesca: I question your methods, but to each their own. :)
04:18 wizzyrea me personally, I don't like having mice around. :P
04:19 Francesca i caught it in a net and let it go outside
04:19 wizzyrea so a caught mouse is always a "good kitty" moment for me
04:19 wizzyrea well, I like them if they are in cages and friendly and not bitey and scrobbling around in my pantry
04:19 Francesca do you have a cat?
04:19 wizzyrea not anymore :(
04:20 Francesca sad
04:20 wizzyrea yeah a b ti
04:20 ibeardslee it's called a calendar, and each time the world spins does a full rotation, we add cross off another day we have done, there are about 30 in a month and if depending where you started, you eventually cycle through 12 of those months to get to April.
04:20 mtj hey #koha...does anyone know what the process is to fix a pootle/translation typo?
04:20 wizzyrea bit*
04:20 Francesca i need to email thatcher about guiitar - i keep forgetting
04:20 wizzyrea ibeardslee: ilu
04:20 Francesca lol
04:23 ibeardslee gah .. too much changing thought process mind sentence
04:25 mtj bug 16144, re: that pootle Q
04:25 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16144 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Patron search fails when using Korean (pootle/translate error)
04:38 mtj ibeardslee: how about magnets?
04:38 mtj :p
04:38 wizzyrea yes, how do they work
05:04 cait joined #koha
06:08 cait joined #koha
06:18 magnuse joined #koha
06:39 marcelr joined #koha
06:39 marcelr hi #koha
06:46 reiveune joined #koha
06:48 Joubu morning
06:48 reiveune hello
06:48 wahanui que tal, reiveune
06:48 marcelr hi Joubu reiveune
06:49 reiveune salut marcelr Joubu
06:49 wilfrid joined #koha
06:57 alex_a joined #koha
06:58 alex_a bonjour
07:10 sophie_m joined #koha
07:12 laurence joined #koha
07:13 LibraryClaire joined #koha
07:23 cait joined #koha
07:28 cait morning #koha
07:34 LibraryClaire morning cait :)
07:35 cait morning LibraryClaire :)
07:36 geek_cl joined #koha
07:46 cait Joubu: only email
07:46 cait that bug worries me a great deal
07:46 Joubu cait: just tested and works for me....
07:46 Joubu I have only email too
07:46 cait when i entered an e-mail address, all was good
07:47 paul_p joined #koha
07:47 cait but without...
07:47 cait i think it should have created an email to the library and a print notice?
07:48 ashimema morning #koha
07:48 cait morning ashimema :)
07:50 LibraryClaire hi ashimema
07:50 Joubu starting a week debugging overdue_notices is like self-flagellation
07:50 cait sorry for that :(
07:51 cait ah, something
07:51 cait there was a line printed by
07:51 cait something about MTT and print?
07:51 cait possible i only have an email template, no print template - could that be it?
07:52 Joubu ha, yes
07:53 cait shoudl there be a fallback or is it my fault?
07:53 cait thought there used to be one :)
07:54 * ashimema runs away before he gets roped into the self-flagellation too
07:54 cait lol
07:55 * magnuse waves
07:55 Joubu cait: I don't remember, but I though email was the fallback
07:56 Joubu I don't understand, I cannot recreate the bug on master.........
07:56 Joubu an email notice is required for a patron without email address and a print notice is generated
08:04 cait it hink what it used to do was 2 things
08:04 cait generated a print entry in message queue
08:04 cait and an entry with no borrowernumber witht he email for the library
08:05 cait can you reproduce the problem without the patch?
08:05 Joubu cait: added a note
08:05 Joubu the patch should fix the email for the library
08:05 Joubu not the print generated for the patrons
08:06 alex_a joined #koha
08:06 Joubu the print is sent even without the patch
08:06 cait i didn't get either
08:06 cait and no idea why that would be
08:07 cait if the date was wrong, adding the email address shouldn't have generated a notice either
08:07 Joubu cait: so maybe we have another bug related to the feedback template to use
08:07 * ashimema hands Joubu a bigger stick
08:08 Joubu :d
08:08 cait Joubu: what does your overdue template look like?
08:08 cait which have you set?
08:10 Joubu The default ODUE
08:11 Joubu for the email
08:11 cait that has only email i think?
08:11 Joubu and print is "cardnumber:patron:email:item
08:11 Joubu <<borrowers.cardnumber>>:<<borrowers.firstname>> <borrowers.surname>>:<<borrowe​>>:<<items.barcode>>"
08:12 Joubu If I remove the contain of the print template, I get
08:12 Joubu No circulation ODUE letter transported by print at C4/ line 637.
08:12 Joubu and I don't get the notices are not generated
08:13 Joubu and the notices are not generated
08:36 cait aha!
08:36 cait Joubu: that's exactly what i saw
08:37 cait but ithink they used to be generated - there was no print template added by default when we started I thnk
08:40 irma joined #koha
08:43 Francesca joined #koha
08:52 Francesca joined #koha
08:53 Joubu cait: I will confirm that, but it should be done on another bug reporgt
08:53 cait makes sense
08:54 cait i have switched it to signed off already
08:54 cait with a print template, if it works, we got at least a first work around
08:59 drojf joined #koha
08:59 cait hi drojf
08:59 drojf morning #koha
08:59 drojf hi cait. that was fast
09:00 alex_a_ joined #koha
09:01 LibraryClaire back in a bit'
09:17 Joubu cait: with 15967 the email for the library should still be generated if the print templates are not defined for a given overdue notice
09:26 cait can only say that it didn't happen for me
09:27 cait I don't have access to that installation from here - so can only do more tests tonight
09:27 cait does it work when you empty out your print template?
09:46 Joubu cait: ok back a bit on that: if you check print, you have to have a print template, otherwise you will get a warning when launching the overdue_notices script
09:46 cait i didn't check print
09:47 cait only email and empty print layout...
09:47 Joubu I don't think we got another behaviour before
09:47 cait yes we did
09:47 cait i am seeing it live in 3.18.x
09:47 cait no print template ever added - and the notices to the library are generated
09:48 cait there is some mismatch/misunderstanding somewhere
09:48 Joubu will be hard for me to test, I do not have a valid 3.18 DB
09:48 cait i have plenty... but no mater atm :)
09:49 Joubu the code looks the same between 3.18 and master
09:49 cait checking letter - i only have 1 print line
09:49 cait and that's for holds
09:49 cait the table letter
09:50 cait select * from message_queue where borrowernumber is null shows a lot of notices to the library - last ones from march
09:51 cait if we require a print template now for this to work, it's a change in behaviour - and i think a problematic one, as you won't notice it for a long time possibly
09:51 cait did the print line get deleted when you emptied your print layout?
09:53 Joubu If I remove the print template, the notices for the patrons are not generated and no email for librarians neither
09:53 cait hm ok so you can reproduce
09:53 cait and we don't agree if this is an issue?
09:53 Joubu it's a configuration issue :)
09:53 cait i disagree
09:53 Joubu you check "print" but do not have it defined
09:53 Joubu it cannot work
09:54 cait because i don't want to generate both
09:54 cait i only want a print, if there is no email
09:54 cait and not even a print, but an information to the library, that there is an overdue, where the patron could not be informed
09:54 cait if i check print - i'd sent both to the patron, that's very different
09:55 cait from the intended behaviour here - this is a fallback for users without email adresses
09:56 Joubu ok got it
09:56 cait sorry for being difficult
09:57 Joubu but it was a bug actually :p
09:57 cait hm?
09:57 Joubu that's a "regression" from 14133, the goal was to use the print template for all print notices
09:57 Joubu before 14133 the email or sms template was used for the fallback print notice
09:57 Joubu which was wrong
09:58 Joubu you do not want to generate a sms (so very short) template for printing
09:58 cait hm
09:58 cait first thing... id' say use print when print is available... fall back to email
09:58 Joubu but I understand what you said, I am not saying we should keep this behavior
09:58 cait falling back to sms seems a little odd ye
09:58 cait s
09:59 cait the problem with chaging the behaviour is backwards compatibility
09:59 cait for example we'd have to edit all the notices on update for the libraries... or copy with SQL - if we changed behaviour lease would be an automatic db update i think
09:59 cait so it keeps working
09:59 Joubu but I think we should force the libraries to define correct templates instead of trying to fix configuration issues in the code
09:59 cait i think the email to the library in this case is special
10:00 cait it's kind of print/not print...
10:00 cait it's emails that could not be delivered
10:01 Joubu do you agree with 14133: print templates should be used for print notices?
10:01 cait reading
10:01 cait i think i'd have built in a fallback
10:03 cait ah i see
10:03 cait IMPORTANT NOTE: This test plan does not take into account the notices generated for the staff ("These messages were not sent directly to the patrons."). However the behavior will also change, the print template will be used in all cases. Is it what we want?
10:03 cait it does make sense... the problem is the change in behaviour that is kinda unexpected because undocumented
10:03 cait the easiest would be to say... if no print, try email... if none... error
10:04 cait or we could clena up the database by adding print templates when they don't exist - but that seems a bit messy
10:04 Joubu yes but should we do that for any letters?
10:05 Joubu i.e. at the C4::Letters::GetPreparedLetter? (that's the easy and global solution)
10:05 cait it woudl make sense to me at first glance...
10:05 Joubu (and the one which may introduce regressions)
10:05 cait but i might need to have lunch and think about it more
10:05 cait the problem is ee is that that the change has been backportet
10:05 cait backported :(
10:06 cait so this is already a problem for some libraries - it would definitely be for us
10:06 cait so we should try to figure this out somehow quickly :(
10:06 Joubu Yes but I have fixed a bug and written a big IMPORTANT NOTE, as you notice
10:06 cait i didn't realize the problem until i tested yesterday
10:06 Joubu I don't know what I can do more....
10:06 cait yeah - but the libraries don't look at that
10:07 Joubu As always, I have tons of solutions, but never know which one should be picked
10:08 Joubu I really think that should be fixed at the DB level (cp email to print if print does not exist)
10:08 Joubu I am a bit afraid to patch C4::Letters to be honest...
10:08 cait might also be confusing... but maybe
10:09 cait i am leaving an note on the initial bug
10:09 cait could we patch only the overdues email to the library?
10:09 cait keeping it a bit more granular?
10:10 Joubu I don't think so, we need the same behaviour for all letters
10:10 Joubu why would it be more granular?
10:10 cait just because the email to the library is kind of a special case
10:10 cait it's the only notice we do that for
10:13 cait Joubu: will try to ask around, but have to eat some lunch first
10:13 Joubu yep, enjoy :)
10:20 drab joined #koha
11:06 irma joined #koha
11:36 ribasushi joined #koha
11:36 LibraryClaire joined #koha
11:38 LibraryClaire hello
11:38 wahanui what's up, LibraryClaire
11:41 magnuse howdy LibraryClaire
11:42 ericar joined #koha
11:42 LibraryClaire hey magnuse :)
11:53 meliss joined #koha
11:55 kidclamp joined #koha
12:23 oleonard joined #koha
12:23 oleonard Hi #koha
12:23 cait hi oleonard! :)
12:27 kidclamp morning
12:27 cait morning kidclamp
12:27 * LibraryClaire waves
12:30 drojf joined #koha
12:30 tcohen joined #koha
12:30 drojf hello again
12:33 druthb drojf!
12:33 druthb cait!
12:33 drojf druthb!
12:34 druthb :)
12:34 NateC joined #koha
12:38 tcohen joined #koha
12:39 magnuse drojf! druthb! NateC! tcohen!
12:40 NateC magnuse!!
12:40 wahanui magnuse is a Norwegian giant.
12:40 druthb magnuse!!
12:40 wahanui magnuse is a Norwegian giant.
12:40 drojf magnuse!
12:40 wahanui magnuse is a Norwegian giant.
12:40 drojf heh
12:41 cait druthb!
12:41 drojf cait!
12:43 tcohen hi #koha, good morning!
12:46 marcelr hi tcohen
12:46 magnuse if you say so
12:52 tcohen what exciting stuff will we work on today?
12:53 JoshB joined #koha
12:56 rocio joined #koha
12:56 alex_a joined #koha
12:57 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:05 edveal joined #koha
13:08 cait tcohen: do you wnat me to pick something for you? ;)
13:10 cait bug 14633?
13:10 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14633 major, P4, ---, John.Seymour, Signed Off , apache2-mpm-itk depencency makes Koha uninstallable on Debian Stretch
13:10 tcohen cait: that cannot be fixed, unfortunately
13:11 cait there is a patch
13:11 drojf a magical patch
13:11 cait dunno :)
13:11 cait but asking QA, not miracles :)
13:11 drojf if it fixes unfixable problems :)
13:12 tcohen i thought itk wasn't available anymore
13:12 tcohen i'll QA it
13:15 paul_p joined #koha
13:19 geek_cl joined #koha
13:19 edveal joined #koha
13:23 magnuse tcohen++
13:24 cait wow 160 registrations for kohacon
13:24 cait new record?
13:24 tcohen :/
13:25 cait why the sad face?
13:26 cait oh
13:26 tcohen cait: can u take a look at 15263?
13:26 tcohen I'm not sure I can QA it as I signed part of it already
13:26 cait and jonathan too
13:26 cait tsk :)
13:26 cait yeah i can try
13:27 cait maybe not today, but sometime this week?
13:28 magnuse bug 15263
13:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15263 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Signed Off , XSLT display fetches sysprefs for every result processed
13:28 cait ther are also signed patches for the REST API now
13:28 wahanui okay, cait.
13:28 cait forget there?
13:28 wahanui cait: I forgot there
13:28 magnuse nasty xsltses
13:28 oleonard ther?
13:28 wahanui hmmm... ther is any patche to solve it? or a feature in the queue to make the default value configurable
13:29 cait the?
13:29 wahanui the is a stop word
13:29 magnuse STOP!
13:29 oleonard wahanui: forget ther
13:29 wahanui oleonard: I forgot ther
13:29 cait forget the
13:29 wahanui cait: I forgot the
13:29 cait the is not a stop word
13:29 cait the?
13:29 wahanui the is, like, not a stop word
13:29 cait also... 11904 in terms of performance would be good
13:30 cait bug 13216
13:30 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13216 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, liz, Signed Off , fix koha-shell to work with git/dev installs
13:35 magnuse bug 11904
13:35 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11904 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , Proposal for a uniform way to send messages to user interface
13:40 amyk joined #koha
13:42 cma joined #koha
13:42 mario joined #koha
13:53 drojf are there problems regarding independentbranches in OPAC, or only in staff client? does independentbranches touch OPAC at all, or is only singlebranchmode relevant there?
13:55 tcohen isn't singlebranch being deprecated?
13:56 drojf oh true, pushed to master
13:57 cait hm i think it doesn't have consequences for the opac
13:57 cait maybe reserveforothers has
14:07 talljoy joined #koha
14:07 alex_a_ joined #koha
14:16 tcohen bug 11904
14:16 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11904 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , Proposal for a uniform way to send messages to user interface
14:20 drojf so to seperate the opacs in one koha instance there are only the env variables (opac_search_limit etc.) and no syspref? or am i missing something? never thought about it before
14:21 cait drojf: nope i think you are right
14:21 cait the only way is the apache config things
14:22 wilfrid joined #koha
14:22 cait and not sure if that works with plack?
14:22 drojf the real way is to use seperate instances ;)
14:22 cait ... i know
14:24 ccordova joined #koha
14:25 paul_p joined #koha
14:25 ccordova hi, guys  :-)
14:26 cait hi ccordova
14:31 ccordova I have a problem OPAC result, I pb 3.22.5 and plack when conducted a search shows the results but when passing a resulltado page to another page of results shows no result.
14:32 ccordova *pb = Koha
14:34 ccordova my opac
14:34 ccordova
14:36 ccordova sorry for my English :(
14:39 cait where are you from?
14:39 ccordova Santiago
14:39 cait i like the colors :)
14:40 cait tcohen: around maybe?
14:40 tcohen yes
14:40 cait ccordova: i see what you mean, but not sure what may causing this
14:41 cait tcohen: do you have an idea maybe?
14:41 wahanui maybe is a momentaneous error
14:41 cait paging seems broken
14:41 cait hm it looks like there is something odd about the sorting param
14:41 cait[…]_by=relevance_dsc
14:41 cait it appears twice
14:42 tcohen something breaking JS?
14:43 cait ccordova: hm wild guess... but could you try turning off the did you mean?
14:45 cait the paging is really odd
14:45 cait shows 10 a page, but only jumps by 5?
14:45 cait[…]_by=relevance_dsc works but the generated
14:45 cait[…]_by=relevance_dsc doesn't
14:46 cait hm don't see the problem in our 3.20.3 without plack
14:48 ccordova to remove the same thing happens plack
14:50 cait ccordova: i am sorry, i am not sue what would causing this - it's odd
14:52 cait ccordova: did you change the search parameters maybe?
14:52 cait are you running any local changes?
14:54 cait kidclamp++ thx for commenting
14:57 Joubu cait, drojf: OVERRIDE_SYSPREF_ works under plack
14:57 cait Joubu++ thx
14:57 cait so the separate opacs thing shoudl work too?
14:58 Joubu afaik yes
14:58 drojf thanks Joubu
14:59 drojf are these things documented somewhere besides bz and/or rfc in the wiki?
15:01 kidclamp Joubu - with no extra work? I nkow we were hitting some issues trying to implement
15:02 misilot_ joined #koha
15:04 tcohen Joubu: charconv is just... useless
15:04 Joubu kidclamp: please open a bug report if it does not
15:05 Joubu tcohen: you don't like useless subroutine?
15:05 tcohen Joubu: have you read it?
15:06 tcohen it always returns what was passed
15:06 Joubu tcohen: yes, it's magic
15:06 tcohen without touching it .-D
15:06 ccordova cait :  parameters of search
15:06 tcohen if smth -> return @_
15:06 Joubu else return @_ :)
15:06 tcohen if always_false_statement -> touch it
15:06 tcohen else return @_
15:06 tcohen AWESOME
15:07 cait ccordova: hm not sure because of the spanish, but try turning UseQueryParser OFF if is ON
15:07 kidclamp @joubu++
15:07 huginn kidclamp: downloading the Perl source
15:07 Joubu tcohen: see 12357 comment 53
15:07 kidclamp joubu++
15:07 Joubu kidclamp: what did I do?
15:07 cait Joubu: he is going to file lots of bugs for you now ;)
15:08 kidclamp lots of things joubu :-) general qa and helpfulness
15:08 cait Joubu++
15:09 cait btw, how should we move on bug 15967 now
15:09 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15967 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Print notices are not generated if the patron cannot be notified
15:09 cait i don't want to sign if off currently
15:09 cait we are a bit low on qa people
15:09 alex_a joined #koha
15:09 tcohen hey, someone please pass 14598
15:10 cait bug 14598
15:10 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14598 major, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , itemtype is not set on statistics by C4::Circulation::AddReturn
15:10 tcohen it doesn't make any sense not to have it already
15:10 Joubu cait: I think my follow-up is ok
15:10 kidclamp I will SO 15967 if noone beats me to it today
15:10 reiveune bye
15:10 reiveune left #koha
15:10 Joubu cait: we may fix it better later, but to make it backportable easily I'd prefer to have a quick&easy patch
15:11 cait ok
15:11 cait not opposing that :)
15:11 cait i will be stand by for QA
15:18 cait thx for the help kidclamp
15:19 pianohacker joined #koha
15:19 pianohacker Joubu: *blink* OVERRIDE_SYSPREF_ works under Plack? How?
15:20 pianohacker also hi y'all
15:22 Joubu pianohacker: I though it worked.... it does not? :)
15:23 pianohacker Joubu: my understanding was that it couldn't, because SetEnvs aren't passed through the reverse-proxy to starman
15:25 Joubu pianohacker: I am on something else, but will try to have a look of someone confirm and open a bug report
15:26 pianohacker okey doke. No rush :)
15:26 Joubu maybe tcohen already had a look
15:33 bag morning
15:36 cait morning bag
15:37 pianohacker the most fearsome of bags
15:37 bag roar!
15:38 drojf uberbag
15:39 bag uberROAR!
15:39 drojf :D
15:48 magnuse bag: HI
15:48 wahanui que tal, magnuse
15:49 laurence left #koha
15:53 NateC joined #koha
15:56 drojf meeting, later #koha
16:09 Kchris joined #koha
16:13 laurence joined #koha
16:23 laurence left #koha
16:33 Joubu bye #koha!
16:53 cait left #koha
16:55 cabillman joined #koha
16:58 cabillman If I need to delete a ton of items. What would be the best method? Is it safe to just delete them from the items table?
16:58 cabillman or should i select the barcodes out and paste them into the batch item deletion  catalog tool?
16:59 cabillman I have to research what caused the problem but a librarian was trying to catalog something and koha generated 114,000 items
17:11 cait joined #koha
17:15 oleonard cabillman: All items on the same record?
17:16 oleonard If so it might be simpler just to delete that record and re-do it.
17:16 cabillman oleonard: same biblionumber but it has a number of valid items as well
17:17 oleonard cabillman: I don't know what the practical limit is on the batch item deletion tool, but it works.
17:18 cabillman there are 400 valid items so deleting that doesn't seem practical
17:19 cabillman oleonard: so  deleting them from the sql table isn't an option?
17:26 cabillman quickly looking at the code it looks like it calls _koha_delete_item which just copies the data to deleted items before performing the "delete from" query on the items table
17:35 cait you would also have to reindex
17:35 cait if you delete item data
17:35 cait or change it
17:35 wahanui cait: that doesn't look right
17:35 wahanui joined #koha
17:36 cait i missed the beginning of the conversation- but why not use the batch delete tool as oleonard suggested?
17:36 cabillman cait: there are 114,000 items to delete
17:36 cait hm ok
17:36 cait that#sa bit much for the tool
17:36 cabillman cait: but they were all created today after 12:00 so i have a sql query to select the items
17:37 cait i think the batch edit works with up to 1000 . but might be mistaken
17:37 cait you could try it with a few first
17:37 cait but as i said - full reindex after
17:37 cait or at least reindexing the records you changed - but that might be about all?
17:38 cabillman cait: thanks for the info
17:38 cabillman cait: i'll wait until the day is over and do a database dump before running the delete
17:38 cabillman and then do a full index
17:38 cait that's also a good idea :)
17:39 cait how did you accidentally add so many items?
17:39 cabillman i have no idea... i got a phone call from a librarian who wasn't sure why all their barcodes were in use
17:40 cabillman if I can figure it out i will certainly open a bug report :)
17:44 kidclamp we did recently see a library do that with about 3 million items
17:55 cabillman oleonard, cait: thanks for your help
18:55 Brooke joined #koha
18:55 Brooke o/
19:00 kivilahtio joined #koha
19:00 oleonard Bye #koha!
19:02 Brooke @seen nengard
19:02 huginn Brooke: nengard was last seen in #koha 1 week, 0 days, 1 hour, 7 minutes, and 2 seconds ago: <nengard> bug 16151 reported
19:02 Brooke nutty fudgekins. Email it is
19:28 cait joined #koha
19:29 rocio left #koha
20:08 ibeardslee mtj: elves
20:44 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7736: (QA followup) Add missing body id and class <[…]721236b9d934a19a7>
20:54 drojf joined #koha
20:54 drojf evening
20:55 cait hi drojf
20:56 cait meeting finished?
20:58 drojf finished for me, there are stil some people moving server stuff around
21:20 eythian drojf: leave approved for Berlin and Greece.
21:20 eythian Now just need to book things.
21:21 eythian I think that'll be tomorrow night's project.
21:21 wizzyrea eythian: that museum looks weird and amazing
21:21 cait yay:)
21:22 eythian wizzyrea: the museum is normal, the artist was a bit weird 🙂
21:22 wizzyrea well yes.
21:22 wizzyrea that
21:25 florent joined #koha
21:25 eythian cait: I'll also get a couple of days around things to sight see
21:27 rangi florent: Koha::Patron (not borrower :)) its borrower on 3.22.x patron on master
21:27 florent rangi: I was just going to ask. Thank you
21:27 cait :)
21:28 cait we had both at some point - now it's fixed
21:31 cait eythian: cool, when do you arrive in Berlin?
21:31 eythian Dunno yet, Saturday or Sunday perhaps.
21:32 cait ah cool
21:32 eythian You?
21:32 wahanui You are welcome
21:32 cait monday, but quite early
21:32 eythian Cool
21:32 cait my flight is around 9 or so
21:32 eythian I'm going to take the train.
21:33 cait almost 10 hours form here i think
21:33 eythian Is Greece shengen?
21:34 eythian Ah, it is, good.
21:34 drojf eythian: cool! i won't be able to make amsterdam in april, have to postpone that after kohacon
21:35 eythian Oh well, it'll be summeryer then anyway.
21:35 drojf indeed
21:36 eythian Though it was like 19 the yesterday.
21:36 eythian *here
21:36 eythian Too hot.
21:36 eythian @wunder ams
21:36 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Schiphol, Badhoevedorp, Netherlands is 11.9°C (11:30 PM CEST on April 04, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 79%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 29.68 in 1005 hPa (Steady).
21:43 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
21:43 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Berlin Tegel, Germany is 14.0°C (11:20 PM CEST on April 04, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 67%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 29.74 in 1007 hPa (Steady).
21:44 drojf @wunder thessaloniki
21:44 huginn drojf: Error: _ssl.c:475: The handshake operation timed out
21:44 drojf @wunder thessaloniki
21:44 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Thessaloniki, Greece is 11.0°C (12:20 AM EEST on April 05, 2016). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 29.98 in 1015 hPa (Steady).
21:44 drojf come on
21:46 * drojf should go to be
21:46 drojf good night #koha
21:46 rangi cya drojf
21:57 Francesca joined #koha
22:08 rocio joined #koha
22:23 florent rangi: based on DBIx::Class documentation, there is a parameter called 'disable_sth_caching' which can be set to 1 to disable SQL statements caching via DBI 'prepare_cached'
22:23 rangi right, so that implies they should all be cached by default eh?
22:23 florent rangi: while I can't find the positive statement about caching, it ...
22:24 florent I think so.
22:24 florent and it is not set in Koha::Schema->connect()
22:24 rangi right
22:24 florent so all SQL statements using Koha->schema->connect are already cached
22:25 florent step 2: isolate some code in an object and write many tests
22:26 rangi sounds good to me
22:26 florent me too :)
22:28 * cait likes 'many tests' :)
22:33 florent cait: me too! We never have enough tests.
22:33 cait so true :)
22:38 rangi florent:  <--- this might come in handy too
22:38 rangi it helps spot any patches that are waiting that might be touching the same thing
22:41 rangi eg I found
22:41 rangi https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=12598
22:41 huginn Bug 12598: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Patch doesn't apply , New misc/ command line tool
22:41 rangi which has this patch
22:41 rangi https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]48755&action=diff
22:41 rangi amongst others
22:41 florent Indeed. Thank you. I might even figure out what @bad_dates once did. The variable is declared but not - apparently - used. Or it is and I might break something soon.
22:41 rangi :)
22:47 * Francesca waves
22:51 talljoy joined #koha
23:05 florent rangi: sorry to bother you but what does 'patch does not apply' mean? Part of bug 12598 involves migrating all the import code into Koha::Patron::Import, which is my next step
23:05 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12598 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Patch doesn't apply , New misc/ command line tool
23:05 Francesca joined #koha
23:06 rangi it means one of those patches doesn't apply cleanly on master
23:06 rangi it might be a simple conflict, or it might be a big one, but I reckon trying to apply them is a good starting point
23:07 cait khall is not around at the moment - i think if it oculd be fixed/rebased that would be nice
23:07 cait bye all :)
23:07 Francesca bye cait
23:07 cait left #koha
23:10 florent I will look into it.
23:10 rangi cool
23:14 amyk-away joined #koha
23:16 irma joined #koha
23:21 Guest10370 joined #koha
23:30 chrisvella joined #koha
23:48 Francesca joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary