IRC log for #koha, 2016-03-23

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15861: Isolated 'The' in help files untranslatable <[…]93628460e2219a4fc> / Bug 16025 [Revised] Use Font Awesome icons on item types localization page <[…]43ad90b77e21d8a67> / Bug 15946 Valid namespace for OAI marcxml schema <
00:04 bag bbias
00:06 Francesca joined #koha
00:12 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16110: Making lists actions buttons <[…]332f182e328736d85> / Bug 15119: Hide search header text boxes on render <[…]7c8dd0dc039124f47>
00:42 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16099: Make name required field when creating subscription field <[…]caa9e192710cc1d66>
00:52 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16097: Making messages for subscription fields more user friendly <[…]e8bd71c48a33d798f> / Bug 16098: Making subscription fields actions buttons <[…]8c971e50be96fa6a0>
01:02 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16096: Change 'modify' to 'edit' for OAI sets config <[…]a79cfc9a0e953166c>
01:12 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15773: Fix and standardise checkboxes code in framework <[…]221f51f9e8dd300ed> / Bug 16114: Koha::ItemType->translated_description should return a string <[…]17723dfca2a91df80> / Bug 16075: Making numbering patterns actions buttons <http://git.koha-commun
02:44 wizzyrea aleisha++
03:09 aleisha :-)
03:32 mario joined #koha
03:37 Francesca joined #koha
05:07 cait joined #koha
05:59 cait joined #koha
06:42 cait left #koha
07:04 irma joined #koha
07:12 Francesca joined #koha
07:13 laurence joined #koha
07:30 wilfrid joined #koha
07:31 * magnuse waves
07:31 magnuse aleisha++
07:48 reiveune joined #koha
07:49 reiveune hello
07:49 wahanui niihau, reiveune
07:51 petter joined #koha
07:56 alex_a joined #koha
07:57 alex_a bonjour
07:57 wahanui hey, alex_a
08:09 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:09 gaetan_B hello
08:31 Francesca joined #koha
08:32 paul_p joined #koha
08:49 cait joined #koha
08:58 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:58 StomproJ joined #koha
09:03 Francesca joined #koha
09:08 irma joined #koha
09:18 drojf joined #koha
09:18 drojf morning
09:20 magnuse moin drojf
09:38 eythian Hi
09:40 drojf hei magnuse and eythian
09:47 petter Hi magnus
09:47 petter (I tried to open a private chat with you, but I've lost my irc-fu)
09:49 * cait waves
09:49 cait try /msg nick (i think)
09:49 cait might depend on your client
09:51 petter I'm using some crap webclient because I'm behind a firewall that blocks irc ports
09:51 cait is it the one linked from the homepage?
09:51 petter ?
09:51 petter hm
09:51 cait webchat.oftc?
09:51 petter yes
09:52 * magnuse waves
09:52 petter Anyway, my question might as well be public: Magnus, do you know how far of NCIP-support is in Koha?
09:52 irc joined #koha
09:52 cait click on the name in the list and query
09:52 petter I just read today that Bibliofil supports it in latest version
09:53 cait why it is query.. i don't know
09:53 cait but it opens the pm
09:53 petter aha
09:53 petter thanks cait:)
09:54 cait np :)
09:57 magnuse petter: well, i hope to have it in place before summer
09:58 magnuse support for nncipp, that is. the norwegian ncip profile
09:58 petter awesome :)
09:58 magnuse in part, it depends on ptfse and their work on a genric ill module
09:58 drojf i wish we had ncip :/
09:58 drojf in germany i mean
09:59 magnuse according to alex who has been working on it, the generic ill module should be ~90% done
09:59 petter sounds good
09:59 magnuse then i need to configure it for nncipp and make sure the nncipp implementation still works after that
10:25 cdickinson_ joined #koha
10:43 laurence joined #koha
11:29 * magnuse calls it a week
11:33 drojf lucky magnuse
11:34 drojf joined #koha
11:34 drojf woops, closed the wrong window :)
11:45 drojf switching offices
11:47 oleonard joined #koha
11:48 oleonard Hi #koha
11:52 meliss joined #koha
11:56 cait hi oleonard :)
11:56 oleonard A fairly quiet dev meeting eh?
11:58 cait yep, you didn't miss any votes
12:10 drojf joined #koha
12:11 NateC joined #koha
12:15 oleonard cait is this the button which doesn't look right to you?
12:16 cait yep
12:16 cait there is a clear difference before and after the patch
12:16 cait oh hail
12:17 cait sudden weather change here :)
12:20 oleonard Yes it does look different, but now it looks like a standard submit button rather than a toolbar button.
12:20 cait ah ok
12:20 cait if it's intended that's ok
12:20 cait i was just not sure
12:21 cait can you put a note on the bug and switch it back?
12:24 oleonard Yes
12:26 * drojf yawns
12:27 tcohen joined #koha
12:27 tcohen morning
12:28 drojf is coffee, cola and yerba mate softdrink enough variety of caffeinated drinks for the hackfest?
12:28 drojf and how many varieties of mate do we need? :D
12:28 drojf hi tcohen
12:31 irma joined #koha
12:33 tcohen hi drojf
12:39 geek_cl joined #koha
12:39 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:40 cait drojf: please something uncaffeinated too - or you won't be happy with this participant :)
12:41 nengard joined #koha
12:41 drojf cait: yes of course :)
12:50 barton|away joined #koha
12:54 tcohen joined #koha
13:06 gaetan_B joined #koha
13:07 JoshB joined #koha
13:08 edveal joined #koha
13:09 wilfrid joined #koha
13:12 misilot Quick question, is it possible to add a "c." when printing labels to denote the value after is the copy number? I have tried 'c.', copynumber which works but the c. is on the line above copynumber. I am trying to print spine labels. Thanks!
13:13 nengard I think the period is the problem
13:13 nengard I think the splitting algorithm splits on the .
13:14 misilot PT.3 stays on one line
13:14 nengard well there goes that theory
13:14 misilot when in the call number
13:14 nengard hehe
13:15 misilot QH345 .C36 1980 PT.3 is the call number it is actually splitting on the slashes  QH/345 /.C36 /1980 /PT.3
13:18 nengard Yeah, we need some more assistance here
13:19 misilot mhmm i think it might not be possible :([…]ember/044245.html https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=15259
13:19 huginn Bug 15259: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, cnighswonger, NEW , Formatting spine labels
13:23 janPasi__ joined #koha
13:27 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:45 amyk joined #koha
14:00 mario joined #koha
14:08 tcohen joined #koha
14:29 mtompset joined #koha
14:30 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
14:30 oleonard I would hate to be a librarian in a library with rules like this: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]ug.cgi?id=6685#c9
14:30 huginn Bug 6685: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW , circ rules by groups of items
14:30 oleonard I would get tired of explaining the complex rules to people every time they wanted to check out.
14:31 mtompset Yukc.
14:31 mtompset Yuck, even.
14:31 mtompset Has anyone here used the Advanced MARC Editor in Koha?
14:31 oleonard Only superficially during testing.
14:31 mtompset I'm trying to figure out how to enter that funky symbol.
14:32 alex_a joined #koha
14:32 oleonard Ha, I wondered that too.
14:33 oleonard You may have to wait till later when pianohacker comes in
14:36 Karl_H joined #koha
14:37 nengard mtompset we have lots of partners using it
14:37 nengard it's up in the keyboard shortcuts
14:37 mtompset THERE! double dagger is the name of it in winword.
14:37 nengard :) hehe
14:37 mtompset DOH!
14:38 mtompset That's much easier.
14:38 nengard heh
14:38 cait strg d i think?
14:38 mtompset nengard++ # for pointing out something I should have seen in the first place.
14:39 cait ah ctrl d of course...
14:39 mtompset 2021 {ALT+X} in winword.
14:39 mtompset but ctrl-d is EoF.
14:39 cait Eof?
14:39 mtompset I hate overloading. End Of File.
14:40 alex_a_ joined #koha
14:45 cait magnuse: ?
14:45 cait ping!
14:56 mtompset oleonard: Were the submit and reset button even visible for you by default in the Advanced link modal of the Advanced MARC editor?
14:57 TGoat joined #koha
14:57 jeff joined #koha
14:57 oleonard The advanced search modal? It has two buttons at the top: "Search" and "Clear"
14:58 tcohen Joubu: around?
14:58 mtompset They are pure white to me.
14:58 tcohen hi mtompset
14:58 mtompset Greetings, tcohen.
14:59 mtompset Any idea when you might get to 15870, tcohen? :)
14:59 tcohen sort of
14:59 tcohen between 12 PM and 12:30 PM, today
15:00 mtompset Sweet.
15:03 tcohen #koha: did we agree to remove non-XSLT display already?
15:03 oleonard mtompset: Clear your cache? Share a screenshot? I can't imagine what would make them white.
15:03 cait hm check te coding guidelines
15:03 mtompset NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not the clear your cache problem.
15:03 oleonard tcohen: Bug 12561
15:03 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12561 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Omnibus: Deprecate non-XSLT detail and result views
15:03 cait i think they are only deprecated
15:03 mtompset I don't know how to.
15:04 oleonard mtompset: Your browser cache?
15:04 tcohen oleonard: i've been offline a couple months, just hoped...
15:05 oleonard tcohen: Some bugs need to be fixed or some agreements have to be made about loss of functionality offered in the 'normal' view
15:06 * oleonard thinks that advanced search modal should probably have the search button in a footer
15:06 Joubu tcohen: not really ;)
15:07 cait it's GBSD!
15:07 mtompset clearing cached images and files since the beginning of time.
15:07 JesseM_ joined #koha
15:07 cait we missed the start in... somewhere
15:07 tcohen cait: today?
15:07 wahanui today is Black Friday.
15:07 oleonard wahanui: Forget today
15:07 wahanui oleonard: I forgot today
15:07 cait tcohen: i think for us tomorrow, but somewhere on the world... yes
15:08 * tcohen thinks it is always GBSD
15:08 oleonard wahanui: Today is bug-squashing day
15:08 wahanui OK, oleonard.
15:08 oleonard wahanui: Tomorrow is bug-squashing day
15:08 wahanui ...but tomorrow is pizza friday! or the day after today.|a mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation and achievement is stored....
15:08 oleonard wahanui: yesterday?
15:08 wahanui yesterday is almost over for me, and it's been pretty awful.
15:08 oleonard Poor wahanui
15:08 wahanui Will he ever win?
15:09 mtompset oleonard:
15:09 mtompset Pure white.
15:10 oleonard mtompset: That looks very broken.
15:10 mtompset now... Yes, so why is it broken?
15:11 oleonard mtompset:
15:12 mtompset Yes, that would make more sense.
15:13 mtompset I have a vanilla base master.
15:13 mtompset let me check if I have custom css.
15:14 mtompset nope.
15:15 oleonard mtompset: If you open the developer console in Chromium to the "Console" tab, does it list any assets which are not found?
15:15 mtompset BTW, my firefox at least displays the items.
15:15 rocio joined #koha
15:19 mtompset Interesting.... Inspect -> Toggle Device mode twice .... it appears.
15:20 tcohen any windows user around?
15:20 * oleonard is
15:20 tcohen I need feedback on kohadevbox:ansible on Windows
15:21 mtompset I am, silly.
15:21 mtompset I haven't touched mine in ages... Let's see...
15:21 oleonard tcohen: How can I help?
15:21 tcohen i need to know if it works
15:21 tcohen or if it doesn't
15:21 tcohen it needs vagrant, virtualbox and ansible installed
15:22 oleonard tcohen: Have you made changes recently?
15:22 * oleonard tried it a week or two ago
15:22 * oleonard ...unsuccessfully
15:23 mtompset How do I install ansible in Windoze?
15:23 tcohen there was a problem with it using NFS to share the local repository
15:24 tcohen oh
15:25 * tcohen would need to hack kohadevbox so ansible is actually run on the VM
15:25 mtompset Oh... I think I triggered that with a 8.2.1 vs. 8.3.0
15:25 mtompset running vagrant box update
15:26 tcohen the latest Dbian 8 image removed the guest additions
15:26 oleonard Actually tcohen I'm not certain I tried the ansible version now that I think about it.
15:27 tcohen i personally maintain the ansible one
15:27 tcohen if there are any of you willing ot use it on windows, I can try doing it, with some feedback of course
15:30 mtompset I don't use the devbox, because I prefer to configure and set up my own VM, just like I'd have to in setting up Koha. :)
15:31 pianohacker joined #koha
15:34 pastebot "mtompset" at pasted "What I get" (5 lines) at
15:37 tcohen mtompset: do u code on windows?
15:37 mtompset no... vi on my VM.
15:37 mtompset Typically Debian 8 now.
15:37 tcohen ok, so you don't need to have SYNC_REPO set, right?
15:38 mtompset Well, I do code in windows for another project, so I'm not sure.
15:38 tcohen can you try uninstalling the vagrant-cachier plugin?
15:39 tcohen anyway, it seems you won't be able to run ansible on windows, so it needs to be tweaked so you ansible is run inside the VM instead
15:41 mtompset Waiting for master branch to come up.
15:42 mtompset This could take a while.
15:42 tcohen mtompset: what are you doing?
15:43 mtompset I switched to master and did a vagrant up... it's doing a lot of things right now, and I don't want to stop it.
15:43 tcohen you mean the master branch of the kohadevbox reposiitory?
15:44 mtompset yes.
15:44 mtompset I did uninstall that plugin.
15:44 tcohen ok, that's none of my business :-D
15:46 mtompset Okay, on ansible.
15:47 tcohen it won't work, don't bother to try it
15:47 mtompset well, it's provisioning like make right now.
15:47 mtompset like mad.
15:48 tcohen mad?
15:48 wahanui[…]227072/h33EFA2F6/
15:50 tcohen mtompset: if you are not going to use it, don't waste time debugging it, beacuse I won't patch/maintain it so it works on windows
15:51 mtompset It died...
15:51 mtompset okay.
16:01 drojf is there a way to copy a routing list from one suscription to another? i can't find one, but maybe i am missing something obvious?
16:02 mario joined #koha
16:03 bag morning
16:04 drojf or choose a patron list as routing list maybe?
16:04 drojf hi bag
16:06 * mtompset puts on chauffeur hat.
16:07 drojf mtompset: how did you know i want to go home? can we stop at the supermarket? :)
16:07 mtompset Sorry, I have a previous fare. My wife needs to be picked up at work. :P
16:08 drojf hmmmmkay. ;)
16:15 drojf guess i have to walk then :P later #koha
16:15 NateC joined #koha
16:25 janPasi__ joined #koha
16:25 Joubu pianohacker: did you have a look at bug 16088?
16:25 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16088 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, In Discussion , Excessive CGI->new() calls hurting cache performace under plack
16:25 Joubu (just cced you ;))
16:26 pianohacker well I certainly will now :)
16:26 Joubu pianohacker: I don't understand how your patches on 16044 could bring perf gains with the bug described on 16088
16:27 pianohacker Joubu: they still should
16:27 Joubu pianohacker: what I suggest on 16088 is really ugly (but works great!), I'd like to get a better way to do
16:27 barton joined #koha
16:27 pianohacker your initial approach was to pessimistically flush the L1 after every request
16:27 Joubu pianohacker: yes, but they should not before 16088 :)
16:27 Joubu pianohacker: yes sorry, forget that
16:28 pianohacker okay :)
16:28 Joubu pianohacker: I still think that the initial approach should be pushed as it, without your followups
16:28 pianohacker Joubu: I'm going to split off my own patches on 16044 and try to get this all pretty for GBSD
16:28 pianohacker hopefully we can get these both in :)
16:28 Joubu what you suggest is the way to do, but it's a second step
16:29 pianohacker yup yup
16:29 Joubu it won't be easy to be sure it's safe
16:29 Joubu pianohacker: excellent :)
16:30 pianohacker Joubu: any thoughts on using freeze_hash? I think it could be a good way to avoid the awful performance hit of cloning
16:31 pianohacker one interesting thing is that hashes stay frozen after a trip through serialization/deserialization
16:32 Joubu pianohacker: I have not looked at that yet. I don't manage to know how far we should go in this first step
16:32 * Joubu should benchmark...
16:32 Joubu my idea is : if the step bring perf gains, let's push it right now
16:33 Joubu it's great to have new ideas, but each should have its own bug report
16:35 pianohacker Joubu: somewhat agreed. The overhead of cloning is enough to cancel out a lot of the gains of 16044 in some areas, though :/
16:37 Joubu pianohacker: sure about that? :)
16:37 pianohacker somewhat, but benchmarks are weird
16:39 reiveune bye
16:39 reiveune left #koha
17:01 Karl_H so I am trying to use the vagrant devbox as people recommended and I am getting an error when I do 'vagrant up'
17:01 Karl_H
17:03 bag Karl_H: which branch are you on?  kohadevbox?  or ansible?
17:04 Karl_H kohadevbox
17:04 wahanui kohadevbox is, like, at
17:04 Karl_H actually maybe this is an easy fix, I'm going to change the VagrantFile to what the error message recommends
17:05 Karl_H ha, never mind, I got it
17:05 bag sweet
17:06 bag once you get that working the ansible branch is nice to switch to - then you can have multiple flavours of linux up (jessie, wheezy, trusty)
17:16 laurence left #koha
17:17 tcohen Karl_H: use the ansible branch instead
17:18 francharb joined #koha
17:20 drojf joined #koha
17:27 cait left #koha
17:33 oleonard Who wants to get opinionated? Bug 15793 has competing patches.
17:33 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15793 normal, P5 - low, ---, aleishaamohia, Needs Signoff , UX of circulation patron search with long lists of returned borrowers
17:34 pianohacker oh, hey
17:34 * pianohacker tries to pull a bug number out of his hat
17:34 pianohacker bug 15901?
17:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15901 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Remove use of recordpayment in C4::SIP::ILS::Transaction::FeePayment
17:34 pianohacker nope.
17:35 pianohacker oleonard: would this fix bug 15812?
17:35 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15812 enhancement, P3, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Checkout search with too many results (single character search)  causes poor performance or timeout
17:36 oleonard pianohacker: Nope.
17:36 * oleonard just ran into 15812. Ugly.
17:37 drojf when i was young we did not have floating toolbars
17:37 * oleonard tries to sell drojf on his patch because it's not new and scary
17:38 drojf let's have both options and a syspref! *hides*
17:39 pianohacker well, funnily enough, the sysprefs editor does have a floating toolbar, which is probably the precedent
17:40 * oleonard takes credit for that :)
17:40 pianohacker deservedly so
17:43 gaetan_B bye
17:43 cbrannon joined #koha
17:44 cbrannon https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=15914
17:44 huginn Bug 15914: major, P1 - high, ---, koha-bugs, REOPENED , LocalHoldsPriority is not honored when new item is first triggered
17:45 drojf pianohacker: heh true. that changes everything and i have to rethink my standpoint
17:45 * pianohacker is unsure of sarcasm levels ;)
17:46 * drojf too
17:46 drojf :D
17:46 cbrannon https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=11565
17:46 huginn Bug 11565: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , decreaseLoanHighHolds needs Override
17:52 drojf1 joined #koha
17:57 mtompset drojf drojf1 triggered a musical flashback.
17:57 mtompset
18:00 laurence joined #koha
18:00 laurence left #koha
18:11 drojf1 oleonard: i prefer your solution for its simplicity
18:11 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15866: Add confirm message for deleting rotating collection from toolbar <[…]eea2633159308c530>
18:14 cdickinson_ joined #koha
18:14 drojf1 technically i could sign off on the other one too as i had to test both to make a decision, but i leave that to the next person actually looking at both versions
18:19 drojf later #koha
18:22 cait joined #koha
18:36 tcohen @seen dpavlin
18:36 huginn tcohen: dpavlin was last seen in #koha 1 year, 2 weeks, 4 days, 3 hours, 20 minutes, and 26 seconds ago: <dpavlin> hooray for everybody involved!
18:36 tcohen :/
18:37 tcohen pianohacker: do u have any 3.22 + plack server in production?
18:37 pianohacker yup
18:38 tcohen have you noticed any issues regarding the logs?
18:38 tcohen i've noticed "random" issues
18:39 oleonard @seen mglavica
18:39 huginn oleonard: mglavica was last seen in #koha 3 years, 37 weeks, 6 days, 6 hours, 23 minutes, and 56 seconds ago: <mglavica> thnx
18:39 pianohacker tcohen: actionlogs or log files?
18:40 pastebot "tcohen" at pasted "errors" (10 lines) at
18:40 tcohen they are all related to permissions
18:40 tcohen when I created the instance i got similar ones, but mentioning Auth_with_cas (which is not actually set)
18:41 tcohen it came to be related to logs permissiosn
18:41 tcohen and after a couple days running the server
18:41 tcohen i got this "similar" problems
18:41 tcohen which got fixed by restarting apache and plack
18:43 tcohen then i noticed this
18:43 tcohen
18:43 tcohen so my question
18:43 tcohen did u experience such issues
18:43 tcohen ?
18:55 drojf joined #koha
18:57 pianohacker tcohen: I will take a look, sorry, distracted
18:57 tcohen i'm filling a bug actually
18:58 oleonard See you later #koha. Keep squashing.
19:24 nengard left #koha
19:28 kathryn joined #koha
19:32 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16074: Replace Modify with Edit <[…]14e55034dfb211361> / Bug 16074: Making frequencies actions buttons <[…]d80a3600caed8d2eb>
19:39 rocio_away left #koha
19:59 francesca joined #koha
19:59 francesca Morning
20:00 rangi hi francesca
20:00 * cait waves
20:01 francesca I'll be in soon
20:10 cdickinson joined #koha
20:15 aleisha joined #koha
20:28 wizzyrea sweet :)
20:36 meliss1 joined #koha
20:39 ccordova joined #koha
20:40 kathryn joined #koha
20:44 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16071: Use Font Awesome icons in authority duplicate warning dialog <[…]5716ff91404dd22dd>
20:51 francescam joined #koha
20:54 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16052: Putting buttons from after MARC records have been staged into a toolbar <[…]4e938f8d6acbe8337> / Bug 16057: Use font awesome button for cleaning a batch of staged MARC records <[…]de1e154da54444c53> / Bug 16059: Use Font Awesome icons in standard c
20:55 wizzyrea aleisha++ killing it!~
21:00 bag aleisha++
21:00 cait will tweet for cookies ;)
21:01 cait rangi: could you change motd?
21:02 cait or what that at the top is called?
21:02 cait for GBSD
21:02 drojf cait: you should be able to do that
21:02 rangi just type /topic
21:02 cait i was worried you#d say that
21:02 drojf heh
21:02 cait but i am not creative
21:03 Topic for #koha is now It's Global Bug Squashing Day! | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
21:03 wizzyrea or whatever link you want there
21:03 cait oh thx :)
21:03 cait maybe make it /topic GBSD is on! https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ug_squashing_day?
21:04 cait i will add the twitter link to the wiki page
21:04 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15989 [Follow-up] Making classification sources actions buttons <[…]dde5020b320da372a> / Bug 15989: Making classification sources actions buttons <[…]ca39a2548a2d5a530> / Bug 16032 - Use Font Awesome icon in "note" styled divs <http://git.koha-community.o
21:06 Topic for #koha is now It's Global Bug Squashing Day!  https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]bug_squashing_day | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
21:14 francescam joined #koha
21:14 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15672: (follow-up) Show descriptions instead of codes on the hold ratios report <[…]0971c05633f6e7e37> / Bug 15672 [Revised] Show descriptions instead of codes on the hold ratios report <[…]98837a07e11dbd0dc> / Bug 15825 - Patron lists does not show tools
21:14 aleisha me and Bugzilla are great friends
21:14 cait :)
21:31 cait Joubu: i tihnk we need to coordinate :)
21:32 rangi omg
21:32 Joubu cait: ?
21:32 rangi now he's wrong about library data too
21:32 cait was trying to qa pagination too heh
21:32 Joubu ha :)
21:32 rangi jeez just a fountain of misinformation
21:32 Joubu cait: the easiest for you is to QA the ones I cannot :p
21:32 cait hehe
21:32 cait rangi: not sure i haveen that one yet
21:34 cait 16134
21:34 JoshB joined #koha
21:35 rangi he's forgotten about 050 a
21:36 rangi LCCN isn't a call number
21:36 rangi its a control number . .... he's mixed everything up
21:36 rangi sheesh
21:36 cait 040???
21:36 wahanui 040 is indexed in Code-institution
21:36 cait yeah, not the isbn
21:37 rangi or 101
21:37 rangi sorry 010
21:37 rangi or 001
21:37 rangi now of those are call numbers
21:37 rangi none even
21:37 cait itemcallnumber system preference...
21:38 cait copies into new records, never change existing ones... because libraries use their own and not everyone uses loc... (surprise :) )
21:38 rangi yeah
21:38 cait 16120
21:38 rangi but you can do that change with sql, if you update the 050 from z3950
21:39 rangi ah well
21:40 tcohen joined #koha
21:41 rangi yay for heather
21:41 tcohen hi rangi
21:42 rangi hi tcohen
21:42 tcohen rangi: is it GBSD already theere?
21:42 wizzyrea of course it is :)
21:42 rangi yup
21:43 tcohen are you already working on fixing t/db_dependent/www/search_utf8.t ?
21:43 tcohen :-P
21:44 tcohen kidding, just wanted to note it has been failing for a couple weeks
21:44 cait 16130
21:44 Joubu tcohen: it seems I forgot to take a look at that!
21:44 tcohen Joubu: are you looking at IRC from the pub?
21:45 tcohen or did I fall asleep and is already tomorrow?
21:45 Joubu cait: I was going to fail 16120 :p
21:45 Joubu I will upload a followup instead
21:45 cait oh why? i just kicked out the data dumper
21:45 cait if that was it
21:45 Joubu tcohen: heh, not really ;)
21:45 cait oh 20
21:45 cait what did i miss?
21:46 Joubu cait: there is a class for the nowrap style
21:46 cait oh
21:46 cait gah.
21:46 cait do you have a follow up ready?
21:47 Joubu not yet, but will do
21:48 bag bbias
21:49 cait Joubu++ thx for saving me :)
21:49 rocio joined #koha
21:55 drojf i changed bug 15303 to reflect that letsencrypt is in jessie-backports now. who can i bribe/trade into testing that?
21:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15303 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Needs Signoff , Letsencrypt option for Debian package installations
21:56 cait wizzyrea: would you be ok to change non-public notes to non-public note to match the items tab?
21:56 wizzyrea sure
21:57 cait cool
21:57 cait just testing a little bit more, looking good
21:57 cait glad to see that
21:57 tcohen drojf: nice one (letsencrypt)
21:57 tcohen i was thinking about the same
21:57 tcohen and wanted to mention
21:57 cait hm we have public notes too... i wlil leave it
21:57 cait it matches with the field right next to it
21:58 cait that seems better :)
21:58 tcohen that we could have /var/lib/koha/<instance>/letsencrypt as an alias for the validation
21:58 tcohen instead of using /usr/share/koha....
21:58 wizzyrea cait: so leave it or?
21:58 cait i think leave it
21:58 tcohen drojf: what do u think?
21:58 wahanui somebody said do u think was ok to set a cookie name marcdocs_borrowernumber true or false?
21:58 wizzyrea I don't like "non-public note" at all
21:58 cait and if we want to singularize  - should do both together
21:58 wizzyrea I prefer something like staff note
21:59 cait i#d like internal :)
21:59 wizzyrea BUT I wanted consistency with the public notes
21:59 cait but we translate anyway
21:59 cait yeah i think better the way it is now
21:59 cait it's also matching th emarc framework description this way
21:59 wizzyrea I figured if I changed it I'd have to change it alllll over and I'm uh, pretty lazy
21:59 cait if we wanted to change, probably shoudl change all - item tab, normal tab and frameworks
21:59 tcohen drojf: let me know what you think, I could test/QA it tomorrow
21:59 wizzyrea cait exactly ^.^
22:00 cait hm
22:00 drojf tcohen: you mean for the webroot validation by LE or for marking the instance as LE enabled?
22:00 tcohen the first one
22:00 wahanui i guess the first one is looking weird - it says 9 centerville, but there is also an item at liberty
22:01 cait i think this bit could be done using a TT thing: $item->{$f} =~ s|\n|<br />|g;
22:01 wizzyrea it's the same for the itemnotes
22:02 cait but we don#t really make use of it a lot
22:02 cait yeah
22:02 tcohen drojf: I saw you followed the current practices regarding .enabled
22:02 cait i keep that too
22:02 cait just noting :)
22:02 wizzyrea if it's better though, I'm happy to change whatever
22:02 eythian Hi
22:02 cait i think it has the same effect
22:02 wizzyrea hi eythian
22:02 cait we can clean up another time
22:03 wizzyrea I don't think it's actual technical debt - do you?
22:03 cait don#t worry, about to pqa
22:03 wizzyrea \o/
22:05 eythian Been out showing a visiting friend the red lit parts of Amsterdam.
22:06 wizzyrea ooh la la
22:06 wizzyrea cait: thanks for catching that data::dumper
22:07 cait np - only thing i changed :)
22:07 Joubu cait: follow-up added, it's a bit out of the scope, but it's the way to do I think
22:09 cait looking now
22:09 cait Joubu: can you quickly explain the effect of actions?
22:10 Joubu the td.actions has the nowrap css rules
22:11 cait ok, so we shoudl always use it for cells with buttons?
22:11 Joubu my patch adds that actions class to all td containing buttons
22:11 cait yep figured that out :)
22:11 Joubu cait: yep
22:12 cait just wanted to know what to look out for in the next patches coming :)
22:12 Joubu we must rename it if we add non-action buttons
22:12 Joubu hum...
22:12 Joubu bit late maybe :p
22:12 cait non-action?
22:13 Joubu I don't know, maybe a preview button, which would not be an action
22:13 Joubu forget that :)
22:13 cait ok
22:13 cait I am easy to confuse tonight :)
22:13 Joubu up to now everything is ok, just trying to think about something that does not exist
22:13 cait that doesn't sound like a good idea
22:16 cait cool 300 changeson bugzilla
22:21 cait bug 15921 next
22:21 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15921 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , DataTables JavaScript files included twice on many pages
22:22 JoshB joined #koha
22:23 tcohen Joubu: have we fixed the CGI::param in list context mess?
22:23 tcohen (the warnings)
22:23 Joubu tcohen: not really, the first step has been pushed yesterday
22:24 Joubu bug 15809
22:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15809 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , versions of CGI < 4.08 do not have multi_param
22:25 Joubu tcohen: we will have to replace ->param with ->multi_param
22:25 Joubu it will quite easy to fix 90% of them (regex)
22:26 cait bug 15741 next
22:26 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15741 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Incorrect rounding in total fines calculations
22:26 tcohen FQA :-P
22:28 Joubu /kick tcohen
22:29 wizzyrea man it's a good thing we don't give you ops ;)
22:30 Joubu yes please, don't do that! :)
22:30 cait aleisha++
22:32 wizzyrea I think I've only kicked 3 people in my entire ops career
22:32 wizzyrea 2 were spammers and one was a rude person.
22:33 tcohen rude person?
22:34 * tcohen was confident wahanui knew about him/her
22:34 Joubu tcohen: someone asking for FQA for instance?
22:35 chrisvella joined #koha
22:36 tcohen hehehe
22:36 * tcohen can still convince bag
22:36 bag :D
22:37 bag /op everyone!
22:37 tcohen that'd be a massacre
22:37 bag that would cause some excitement me thinks
22:38 tcohen yeah, we are all good people
22:39 tcohen Joubu: that's mean
22:46 wizzyrea hehe no I don't memorialise rude people
22:46 wizzyrea best people?
22:46 wizzyrea now that I would be interested in
22:46 wizzyrea but it would be a long list in this channel. ^.^
22:49 bag whoops I created a new branch …  new__12478_elasticsearch
22:49 bag two _ instead of one
22:49 bag anyways ES is rebased
22:50 pianohacker is it possible to merge bugzilla accounts?
22:50 tcohen Joubu: i'll write those regression tests
22:50 rangi not easily no
22:50 pianohacker kk
22:52 Joubu tcohen: focus on 16044 and 16088 instead ;)
22:54 tcohen that's longer
22:54 tcohen manuel will sleep for 10/10 more minutes
22:54 tcohen 10/20
22:54 * magnuse cheers everyone on, then falls asleep
22:56 Joubu tcohen: so bug  16007 :p
22:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16007 critical, P5 - low, ---, charles.farmer, Signed Off , Correction of 'Remove columns branchcode, categorytype from table overduerules_transport_types'
22:56 pianohacker Joubu: bug 16140 split off
22:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16140 enhancement, P2, ---, jweaver, Needs Signoff , Only clear L1 cache when needed
22:56 Joubu pianohacker: yep just seen that, thanks!
22:56 pianohacker Joubu: I think bug 16044 is ready for a signoff if you do
22:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16044 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Define a L1 cache for all objects set in cache
22:57 Joubu pianohacker: of course I am ready, but it would be good to have a better solution for 16088
22:58 pianohacker 16140 does work around that, somewhat, though it's still not great for performance
22:58 pianohacker I vote we work to get 16044 in then figure out the next step
22:58 Joubu and nobody had a look at 16088 because one file is missing! :)
22:59 pianohacker I was wondering about that
22:59 Joubu fixed
23:00 irma joined #koha
23:01 pianohacker my only concern with 16088 is that it goes in a different but parallel direction with srdjan's recent multi-instance plack patches
23:01 pianohacker I like the implementation besides that
23:04 Joubu pianohacker: it would be good to have tests for 16140
23:04 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 14582 - OPAC detail shows an unuseful link to "add tag" when user is not logged in <[…]29ec248cafe156449> / Bug 15044: Add date suggestion to OPAC suggestions table <[…]242ac888f37f56f05> / Bug 15196: Default sorting of patron lists <http://git.koha-commu
23:05 * Joubu is going to sleep
23:05 pianohacker Joubu: will do
23:05 Joubu have a good GBSD #koha
23:05 pianohacker please leave any other comments
23:05 pianohacker sleep well
23:07 cait going to sleep too
23:08 cait keep gbsd'ing :)
23:09 cait left #koha
23:10 bag time to head home for some dinner - maybe catch you all later :)
23:14 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7594: Google Cover Javascript contains hardcoded CSS style <[…]32e6abf3da1eb6b25> / Bug 13238: Specific string if no results <[…]6d23463bf3d657fb7> / Bug 13238: Improve heading on vendor search when searching for all vendors <
23:21 francescam joined #koha
23:23 drojf good night #koha, see you tomorrow for some juicy bug squashing
23:29 * tcohen loves TestBuilder
23:35 BobB joined #koha
23:39 tcohen night #koha
23:47 francescam joined #koha
23:52 wizzyrea so does anyone know why zebra facets wouldn't work (show no facets at all)
23:52 wizzyrea direct responses to francesca
23:53 wizzyrea turning them off makes them come back
23:53 wizzyrea turning off zebra facets makes the facets come back
23:53 wizzyrea (this is devbox)
23:53 wizzyrea (non-ansible devbox)
23:54 francescam joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary