IRC log for #koha, 2015-04-30

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:07 JoshB joined #koha
00:27 mtompset Is the MIT license compatible with GPL3?
00:37 cdickinson Yep
00:38 mtompset Okay... I'll update the patch then. :)
01:09 rocio left #koha
01:30 mtompset Okay bug 5685 down... now to follow up with the others...
01:30 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5685 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jseppal, Needs Signoff , Validation of email address field
01:55 BobB joined #koha
04:03 mtompset Have a great day, #koha
04:54 eythian so libidzebra-2.0-mod-dom in wheezy puts its libraries in a different place to in jessie
04:54 eythian that's a pita
04:55 eythian dcook: I'm around now
05:02 cdickinson joined #koha
05:33 geek_cl joined #koha
05:33 cait joined #koha
05:33 cait good morning #koha
05:34 eythian hi cait
05:34 cait hi eythian :)
05:35 eythian changes to zebra packaging in jessie are annoying me. I think I have a solution on how to fix them.
05:35 eythian That can be tomorrow's job.
05:36 eythian it essentially means that koha won't work out of the box without some changes to the zebra config.
05:38 magnuse joined #koha
05:38 cait :(
05:38 eythian ug but the files are installed on a per-instance basis. This means I'm going to have to write something that finds them and patches them too.
05:38 eythian damn
05:39 cait shoudl we put out a note? there is an email right now on the mailing list about jessie
05:39 eythian I effectively have.
05:39 cait ok
05:39 eythian as part of that thread
05:40 eythian automatic patching should only be a search and replace, so it shouldn't be too terrible
05:40 cait then leave :)
05:41 eythian well, if you're going to be like that, I will ;)
05:42 eythian bye all!
05:42 * eythian &
05:42 cait heh - i was just trying to be nice!
05:42 cait have a nice evening
05:46 * magnuse waves
06:03 * cait waves at magnuse
06:22 * magnuse waves at cait
06:27 laurence joined #koha
06:37 p_vdk joined #koha
06:40 mveron joined #koha
06:41 mveron Good morning #koha (...or worldtime, wherever you are...)
06:42 mveron Does anybody have time to rebase Bug 8796 for 3.18.x ?
06:42 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8796 normal, P3, ---, veron, Pushed to Master , patron cards not starting on designated card
06:44 xarragon What is the proper way to uninstall koha completely, in case of a manual development installation?
06:45 reiveune joined #koha
06:45 xarragon I nonly see upgrade instructions on the wiki, and the Makefile.PL has no specific uninstall target.
06:45 xarragon 'sudo make uninstall' perhaps?
06:45 reiveune hello
06:46 xarragon Ehr, well, obviously not make since it is Perl, but..
06:47 cait xarragon: i think there is no automatic way
06:47 cait but it's all in your home directory in case of a dev install - you could delete koha-dev directory and be back with your git directory only (I think)
06:47 cait have to go bbiab
06:47 xarragon cait: ok, thx. See you later.
06:51 wicope joined #koha
06:55 p_vdk joined #koha
06:57 sophie_m joined #koha
06:58 alex_a joined #koha
07:00 alex_a bonjour
07:05 Jul joined #koha
07:13 cait joined #koha
07:14 magnuse bonjour alex_a
07:14 magnuse @wunder boo
07:14 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 4.0°C (8:50 AM CEST on April 30, 2015). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 52%. Dew Point: -5.0°C. Windchill: -2.0°C. Pressure: 29.77 in 1008 hPa (Steady).
07:14 magnuse @wunder marseille
07:14 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Realtor, CABRIES, France is 10.3°C (9:01 AM CEST on April 30, 2015). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 85%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 30.10 in 1019 hPa (Rising).
07:14 magnuse @wunder konstanz
07:14 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is 11.0°C (9:00 AM CEST on April 30, 2015). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 55%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Pressure: 30.09 in 1019 hPa (Rising).
07:14 alex_a salut magnuse
07:15 alex_a @wunder gueret
07:15 huginn` alex_a: The current temperature in Limoges, France is 6.0°C (9:00 AM CEST on April 30, 2015). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 5.0°C. Windchill: 5.0°C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1018 hPa (Steady).
07:15 xarragon Anyone running koha on apache 2.4, with the new permissions config syntax?
07:18 drojf joined #koha
07:18 drojf morning #koha
07:19 xarragon Ah, I see. The scriptaliases are incorrectly set up for my dev installation.
07:22 cait xarragon: hm might be worth filing a bug
07:22 drojf there is a note on the koha on ubuntu wikipage that worked for me
07:23 drojf regarding apache 2.4
07:23 xarragon cait: It is probably not a bug; just me installing it blindly without understanding how koha works with the web setup.
07:23 xarragon drojf: Ok, thanks. I'll check it out.
07:24 drojf xarragon:[…]:_Troubleshooting
07:24 drojf not sure what of that i needed, but it solved a problem i had
07:27 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:27 gaetan_B hello
07:30 drojf cait: :D
07:34 cait lol
07:34 cait you got it working?
07:34 cait that is 2.2.2?
07:34 drojf 2.2.6
07:35 cait but... that's too new!
07:35 drojf i think it works, have not used it ;)
07:36 drojf i should do koha 1 next :D
07:37 cait or kumara
07:38 drojf oh i did not even know about that
07:42 magnuse sweet potato!
07:54 mveron drojf++  It'is really a nice screenshot, should be published in the timeline on the About page :-)
07:56 cait or we shoudl have a play-demo
07:56 mveron :-)
07:56 cait maybe for the 20th anniversary ;)
07:56 mveron Hi everybody, anyway...
07:56 cait hi mveron
07:56 cait have a meeting in 4 mins - bbl
08:00 chris_n joined #koha
08:10 marcelr joined #koha
08:10 marcelr hi #koha
08:12 magnuse hiya marcelr
08:15 paul_p joined #koha
08:24 xarragon Is it normal that the web setup interface attempts to access koha/, when the web root is configured to koha/koha-tmpl?
08:25 xarragon I assume it is supposed to be handled through the ScriptAlias /index.html for that particular file though.
08:32 xarragon Well, I was stupid enough to not have the cgi module enable it turns out.
08:47 cdickinson joined #koha
09:07 cait got it working now xarragon?
09:09 p_vdk joined #koha
09:16 cdickinson_ joined #koha
09:28 paul_p_ joined #koha
09:28 Jul_ joined #koha
09:28 andreashm joined #koha
09:34 * andreashm waves
09:35 xarragon cait: Yep, had to add an extra Directory/grant entry for intranet and frontend and make sure the cgi module was enabled.
09:36 cait hi andreashm :) early for you today :)
09:37 * magnuse wanders off for walkies and lunch
09:39 andreashm hey cait!
09:39 andreashm cait: yeah, I can't only come by during the evenings! =)
09:40 cait true :)
09:45 andreashm so whats happening today?
09:45 * andreashm goes to lock at the irc logs
09:45 andreashm look
09:53 cait andreashm: quiet day before a long weekend i hope - holiday here tomorrow
09:53 andreashm same here. only working half a day tody.
10:08 * mveron Lunchtime...
10:08 wahanui rumour has it lunchtime is a terrible time for a meeting
10:08 * mveron has a meeting at the lunch table...
10:08 cait wahanui botsnack cookie
10:08 wahanui :)
10:13 alex_a_ joined #koha
10:20 cait cait humansnack lunch
10:21 drojf lol
10:21 cait :)
10:30 drojf i should probably have waited for the mailing list subscriptions with a different email address to work before cancelling the old ones ;)
10:42 cait it would have been an option :)
10:45 drojf working now, i guess i have not missed much within a few minutes
10:45 drojf (or maybe everything)
10:46 drojf moving filters from one account to another in thunderbird/icedove would be a nice feature. or global filters. *sigh*
10:50 mario_ joined #koha
10:52 mario_ morning
10:54 liw drojf, I do all my mail filtering on the server side (with procmail, but I'd use sieve if I was setting it up now); that makes it easier to switch clients or to access mail from multiple machines
11:02 drojf liw: good point. i'm still procrastinating the "run your own mailserver" part so far, even though i know i shouldn't ;)
11:03 liw sieve is something a lot of IMAP server providers seem to support, so it may not be necessary to run one's own server (I run my own, just because I'm that kind of stupid)
11:03 liw friends of mine run a small commercial mail service, and provide server side sieve filtering
11:09 drojf i have been "planning" to run my own for a while now. but it will probably need quite some time do learn how to do that in a reasonable way. i managed to slightly ddos the university mailserver once with a careless setup :P
11:10 liw someone should offer a course for doing that
11:11 drojf heh
11:12 drojf it's more a "lots of other things to do" thing than a "there are no resources available" thing ;)
11:14 liw I occasionally meet people who would like to run their own mail server, but are scared off by all the big-ISP propaganda about how difficult it is
11:19 drojf i consider myself capable of learning how to do it and i'm not easily scared off :) but i have seen that you can break stuff if you don't pay attention, so it's going to happen when i have some time to dedicate to it, not just in between a lot of other things
11:20 liw *nod*
11:21 liw luckily, this is something where it's faily easy to get help, too
11:28 meliss joined #koha
11:35 * mveron coffeetime with a small piece of chocolat
12:18 alex_a joined #koha
12:20 geek_cl joined #koha
12:32 wicope joined #koha
12:36 mveron Ohh, it seems that testing Bug 14097 crashed my DB...
12:36 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14097 trivial, P5 - low, ---, julian.fiol, Needs Signoff , Add unit tests to C4::UsageStats
12:39 magnuse fun!
12:39 drojf liw: sieve looks nice, thanks for the pointer
12:39 drojf gotta go shopping before everything is sold out (berlin people turn crazy before a holiday)
12:39 edveal joined #koha
12:39 drojf later #koha
12:42 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:44 barton joined #koha
12:51 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:55 carmen joined #koha
13:00 JoshB joined #koha
13:05 barton joined #koha
13:21 tcohen joined #koha
13:21 tcohen morning
13:23 cma joined #koha
13:25 magnuse ¡hola tcohen!
13:26 NateC joined #koha
13:27 tcohen hi magnuse
13:28 magnuse tcohen: at 1:00:11
13:41 tcohen magnuse: i need to arrange a scehdule with rangi
13:43 magnuse oh, you have not given up on him :-)
13:44 bag hi magnuse
13:44 magnuse bag: HI
13:44 bag hi tcohen
13:46 tcohen hi bag!
13:46 tcohen magnuse: he actually agreed if we find the right dates/time
13:56 magnuse tcohen: very cool!
13:56 magnuse i am so looking forward to that :-)
13:57 magnuse time for dinner - see y'all on monday!
14:06 nengard joined #koha
14:06 cait left #koha
14:06 tcohen hi cait
14:13 bag @later tell gmcharlt - hey galen - you may have the MOU in your inbox waiting to be signed - any chance you can put that towards the top of the list for today?  Just need to digital-sign and send back to Joann - Thanks much as always!
14:13 huginn` bag: The operation succeeded.
14:14 geek_cl joined #koha
14:17 meliss joined #koha
14:17 bag @later tell gmcharlt - I am not sure which email address she used to send to you - so you’ll have to check a few probably
14:17 huginn` bag: The operation succeeded.
14:18 gmcharlt bag: I have received it ... today; I did not require a reminder
14:18 bag cool awesome I’m glad you got it :)
14:20 bag gmcharlt: thanks much as always :D
14:28 mario_ joined #koha
14:29 drojf joined #koha
14:32 eskaaren joined #koha
14:37 khall Joubu: can you take a look at the report for bug 14098 and let me know what you think?
14:37 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14098 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, NEW , Regression in Marc Modification Templates
14:39 Joubu khall: yes, will try next week
14:40 khall thanks!
14:43 tcohen hi Joubu khall
14:43 tcohen i need advise
14:43 khall mornin tcohen!
14:43 rocio joined #koha
14:44 tcohen the discharge management feature has several new dependencies
14:44 tcohen which is ok and is already documented on
14:44 tcohen the problem is that when u build those dependency packages
14:44 tcohen they seem not to carry the right dependency information
14:45 tcohen you just get an error on building
14:45 tcohen most of them are packaged on wheeze, so we are ok
14:45 tcohen the question is
14:45 cbrannon joined #koha
14:45 tcohen should we add those *stealth* dependencies to ?
14:46 tcohen it seems that the perl libs are wrongly docuented regarding deps
14:49 tcohen any thoughts?
14:52 cait joined #koha
15:00 khall hmm, it would be more conservative and safe to add those dependencies to
15:00 khall but, those deps could change for the actual dependencies we have
15:00 khall so we'd need to keep track of that
15:02 TGoat joined #koha
15:03 burdsjm joined #koha
15:29 dac joined #koha
15:31 gerundio plugins?
15:31 wahanui plugins are just enabled or disabled with Wordpress, aren't they?
15:33 nengard why is wahanui talking about wordpress plugins and not koha plugins?
15:33 cbrannon why is nengard talking about wahanui and not me?
15:34 cbrannon :)
15:34 nengard huh???
15:34 nengard hehe
15:34 nengard cbrannon is an awesome librarian who loves koha
15:34 nengard :)
15:34 nengard there
15:35 cait left #koha
15:35 gerundio nengard, good point
15:35 gerundio maybe because there's not a lot to talk about yet
15:35 gerundio
15:35 cbrannon ahhhh....that's better.  My ego is at rest again
15:35 nengard lol
15:36 xarragon nengard: Maybe he is asking if the user can disable or enable koha plugins, because his perception is that users can do that in wordpress?
15:36 gerundio this wiki article only points to ByWater plugins list
15:36 gerundio other than that I only found http://translate.koha-communit[…]top/#pluginsystem
15:37 gerundio I was asked to enable plugins in our Koha installation
15:37 gerundio but wanted to learn a little more about it before doing so
15:37 gerundio are there any other plugins available?
15:38 nengard gerundio updated the page with eds plugin
15:38 nengard i'm not sure if anyone else is writing any - i know about the ebsco one and the bywater ones
15:38 nengard both on the page now
15:38 gerundio I heard about the EBSCO one too
15:38 nengard and then the video from kyle:[…]stem-coming-soon/
15:39 gerundio we recently got our catalogue integrated into their EDS solution
15:40 nengard gerundio page updated again with a bit more info:[…]for_use_with_Koha
15:40 nengard hope that helps
15:40 nengard khall can talk more to plugins
15:40 gerundio nengard, thanks
15:41 gerundio maybe you should use replace the documentation link with http://translate.koha-communit[…]top/#pluginsystem
15:43 nengard all done!
15:43 nengard :)
15:44 gerundio EBSCO koha plugin mentions "use Patches folder to patch core Koha files and get greater integration"
15:44 Oak joined #koha
15:44 gerundio this doesn't sound good :|
15:44 nengard heh - that's above my knowledge level :)
15:45 laurence left #koha
15:45 gerundio btw, off-topic, who's responsible for Koha's website?
15:45 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 8007: (QA followup) fix charset collate <[…]0ddd0d475167789a3> / Bug 8007: DBRev <[…]7c9dec3901b71c258> / Bug 8007: (QA followup) Add error handling when generating the pdf <[…]commitdiff;h=a333
15:45 nengard a bunch of people
15:45 nengard wizzyrea mainly I think
15:45 gerundio the FAQ page styles could use a little tweak
15:45 gerundio
15:45 nengard oh - that's me :) and I don't maintain it anymore cause it's all in the manual
15:45 nengard so maybe we should remove tha tlink
15:46 nengard i have to run right now but maybe email the koha list to ask for suggestions
15:46 gerundio koha list?
15:46 wahanui koha list is not hosted by biblibre
15:46 nengard_away koha mailing list
15:47 Oak[…]ha-mailing-lists/
16:03 tcohen grrrr
16:07 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 8007: (QA followup) was missing id and class <[…]0328c1ccf096cd638>
16:14 Oak joined #koha
16:23 gaetan_B bye
16:25 Joubu joined #koha
16:28 mario_ joined #koha
16:37 mario_ joined #koha
16:39 barton|lunch hey, does anyone have experience running koha '.pl' files from the command line?
16:41 reiveune bye
16:41 reiveune left #koha
16:41 barton|lunch ... I'm wondering how I get past 'get_session($sessionID);'
16:42 barton|lunch ... I presume that I could set a cookie via wget or curl, but I"m not quite sure how to do that.
17:00 wicope joined #koha
17:09 mtompset joined #koha
17:09 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
17:12 mtompset @seen khall
17:12 huginn` mtompset: khall was last seen in #koha 2 hours, 12 minutes, and 17 seconds ago: <khall> so we'd need to keep track of that
17:27 mario_ joined #koha
17:33 Oak joined #koha
17:48 carmen joined #koha
18:05 tcohen hi mtompset
18:07 mtompset Greetings, tcohen
18:07 mtompset Looks like the D8 VM is a little noisy right now. :)
18:09 tcohen it's been, since the very begining, actually
18:09 tcohen Search.t is failing GRS-1 tests
18:10 tcohen and I broke a template with my followup
18:10 tcohen d*mn
18:11 mtompset Okay, but I didn't know about it, until you merged a patch with my name associated with it. ;)
18:12 tcohen that's because we've just fixed the jenkins configuration
18:13 tcohen which was wrong and not sending alerts
18:13 tcohen maybe queued notices
18:19 mtompset No matter. I'm pleased that despite it being floody, there seems to be progress made regardless of success to remedy. :)
18:19 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 8007: (followup) manually add the tag <[…]1e4b14a47c09de5b6>
18:23 hanthana joined #koha
18:25 tcohen I discovered some side effects on db_dependent tests thanks to shuffling the tests when running them
18:26 tcohen @seen cait
18:26 huginn` tcohen: cait was last seen in #koha 7 hours, 44 minutes, and 2 seconds ago: <cait> it would have been an option :)
18:26 tcohen :/
18:27 wicope_ joined #koha
18:29 tcohen Joubu: around?
18:30 tcohen loooooonelinessssssss
18:35 drojf tcohen humansnack cookie
18:35 tcohen yumm
18:36 drojf :)
18:39 tcohen mtompset: how is it that you haven't already cleaned all the warnings from the unit tets?
18:39 * mtompset laughs.
18:39 mtompset Because I was busy trying to work my way up the sign off rankings.
18:39 * tcohen still hates them, you know?
18:40 tcohen ah, you are not getting cookies on that queue
18:40 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 11814: Fix existing tests <[…]5a603447856af31f9> / Bug 11814: Fix sql parameters order <[…]c3c9a9182e64e19ea> / Bug 11814: (follow-up) Use constants to describe statuses <[…]98479fd58b1145eb3
18:40 tcohen wrong choice :-D
18:40 mtompset How about because I was helping reduce the "Patch does not apply" queue to the lowest I've seen it in ages?
18:41 tcohen you are a good person
18:43 mtompset BTW, who added a dependency on PDF:FromHTML?!
18:44 mtompset I had to manually cpan2deb a couple things to get it.
18:45 pastebot "mtompset" at pasted "PDF::FromHTML headache" (7 lines) at
18:53 mtompset Hopefully that will help you, tcohen. :)
18:54 tcohen mtompset: thanks, I already put that on the bug heh
18:54 tcohen will need to check with robin how we proceed
18:56 mtompset Okay.
18:56 mtompset Also, tcohen, I was working on bug 14057. ;)
18:56 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14057 major, P3, ---, mtompset, Signed Off , Inventory is painfully slow
18:57 tcohen i knew
18:57 tcohen i recognise your bugs
18:57 tcohen by the adjectives ;)
18:58 mtompset Ha ha. :P -- My friend's Koha service company had a client that got a 1GB VM with 78MB database. They ran inventory 4 times, and it blew the machine up.
18:59 mtompset Koha failures left and right.
18:59 mtompset 4 times UNFILTERED.
19:00 mtompset It looked like each inventory instance took up 210MB roughly.
19:01 mtompset I attempted to run it on my local VM and got a timeout.
19:01 mtompset with my patch... it takes a bit, but no timeout. :)
19:02 talljoy joined #koha
19:07 tcohen mtompset++
19:08 tcohen maybe we are just missing some index
19:10 mtompset Hmm... there's a thought... I'll go look.
19:15 mtompset tcohen: There are some tiny optimizations that might be do able. e.g. branchname.
19:16 mtompset We don't have a key on branchname, but we use branchname in an order by.
19:16 tcohen hmpf
19:16 tcohen if you give me the query i can ask our DBA to do some research
19:25 tcohen khall_away: still around?
19:28 mtompset OH MY! Even worse... branchcode is not even indexed for authorised_values!
19:29 Oak joined #koha
19:39 tcohen eythian: around?
19:42 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6059: Don't permit to change the quantity when items are created on ordering <[…]703e396cebcf8b9f5> / Bug 8007: (followup) double quotes... <[…]39a0effd86de37dff> / Bug 7843: (QA followup) Make news selection persistant <
19:50 meliss joined #koha
19:51 tcohen bye #koha, happy labours' day to everyone
19:52 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 9528: Add delivery branch to the place hold display <[…]e3214decd73356823> / Bug 13442: Facet links broken when collection code limit is used <[…]289c374dabe4d800d>
20:00 mveron joubu++ for the proof of concept for language overlays - Bug 14100
20:00 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14100 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Generic solution for language overlay
20:00 nengard just did a git pull and get this: Can't locate PDF/ in @INC
20:00 nengard I then did this:  cpan PDF::FromHTML
20:00 nengard but that didn't solve it - how do i install this module?
20:03 pianohacker joined #koha
20:04 Oak joined #koha
20:04 pianohacker joined #koha
20:04 pianohacker yo
20:05 nengard pianohacker!!!!
20:05 wahanui I HATE XML
20:05 nengard hreher
20:05 nengard can't type
20:06 eskaaren_ joined #koha
20:06 pianohacker hi nengard :)
20:06 pianohacker hrehrehrehre
20:06 nengard LOL
20:07 nengard awesome
20:07 nengard hey can anyone else me with this?
20:07 nengard just did a git pull and get this: Can't locate PDF/ in @INC
20:07 nengard I then did this:  cpan PDF::FromHTML
20:07 nengard but that didn't solve it - how do i install this module?
20:09 eskaaren_ Did the cpan module install (seemingly)?
20:09 eskaaren_ Did you do it as root?
20:10 eskaaren_ (If you are running system Perl)
20:10 nengard yes it installed  - or appeared to
20:10 eskaaren_ can you locate using #locate
20:10 eskaaren_ perhaps run updatedb first
20:11 nengard no ... strange
20:11 nengard 15:00 ~/kohaclone (master % u=)$ locate
20:11 nengard 15:10 ~/kohaclone (master % u=)$
20:11 nengard found the error in cpan
20:11 nengard make test had returned bad status, won't install without force
20:11 nengard is there a way to do this with apt-get ?
20:12 eskaaren_ I recommend cpanm
20:12 nengard k - then how do i get it to install with no errors?
20:12 nengard :(
20:13 eskaaren_ then do cpanm -f
20:13 nengard ! Installing HTML::Tidy failed. See /home/nengard/.cpanm/work/​1430424789.17215/build.log for details. Retry with --force to force install it.
20:13 nengard ! Installing the dependencies failed: Module 'HTML::Tidy' is not installed
20:13 nengard ! Bailing out the installation for PDF-FromHTML-0.31.
20:13 nengard trying with sudo
20:13 eskaaren_ cpanm will resolve some dependencies and install
20:13 nengard nope ...
20:13 eskaaren_ Was that with cpanm?
20:13 nengard ! Bailing out the installation for PDF-FromHTML-0.31.
20:13 nengard yes
20:14 mveron I have the same issue: cgi-bin/koha/  has Software error after newest pull.
20:14 eskaaren_ can you do cpanm -f HTML::Tidy?
20:14 pastebot "nengard" at pasted "install errors" (56 lines) at
20:15 nengard nope - that's in the errors i just pasted
20:15 mveron However I can open e.g. cgi-bin/koha/circ/
20:16 eskaaren_ OK you are using system perl? Then you must use sudo
20:16 nengard I was using sudo
20:16 mveron I see no hints on the About page > Perl errors
20:16 eskaaren_ 15:10 ~/kohaclone (master % u=)$ cpanm -f
20:17 eskaaren_ not sudo?
20:17 nengard that was my first try
20:17 nengard :) look down a bit
20:17 nengard but will try again with sudo
20:17 pastebot "nengard" at pasted "install errors with sudo" (13 lines) at
20:17 nengard can i do the --force thing?
20:17 eskaaren_ ah
20:17 eskaaren_ post /root/.cpanm/work/1430424855.17817/build.log
20:18 nengard -bash: /root/.cpanm/work/1430424855.17817/build.log: Permission denied
20:18 eskaaren_ you cant cat it with sudo?
20:18 nengard 15:17 ~/kohaclone (master % u=)$ /root/.cpanm/work/1430424855.17817/build.log
20:18 nengard -bash: /root/.cpanm/work/1430424855.17817/build.log: Permission denied
20:19 eskaaren_ sudo su -
20:20 eskaaren_ if you cant read that file then you have file system permission problems..
20:20 nengard 15:19 ~/kohaclone (master % u=)$ sudo su -
20:20 nengard root@koha-vm:~# /root/.cpanm/work/1430424855.17817/build.log
20:20 nengard -su: /root/.cpanm/work/1430424855.17817/build.log: Permission denied
20:20 nengard so does root apparently
20:21 eskaaren_ ls -la /root/.cpanm/work
20:22 eskaaren_ and ls -la /root/.cpanm/work/1430424855.17817
20:24 pastebot "nengard" at pasted "ls commands" (15 lines) at
20:26 eskaaren_ perl -pe 'while(<>){print;}' /root/.cpanm/work/1430424855.17817
20:26 eskaaren_ perl -pe 'while(<>){print;}' /root/.cpanm/work/1430424855.17817/build.log
20:26 eskaaren_ sorry must have the file
20:27 pastebot "nengard" at pasted "I think this is it ... it might still be thinking ..." (62 lines) at
20:28 nengard this might have frozen ...
20:29 eskaaren_ OK at least Alien::Tidyp is missing
20:30 eskaaren_ And here we have the error i think: Tidy.xs:5:19: fatal error: tidyp.h: No such file or directory
20:31 nengard i don't like 'fatal'
20:31 nengard hehe
20:31 nengard can we fix?
20:33 nengard brb - stepping away - but will be back - don't leave me :) hehe
20:36 eskaaren_ Im not really a debian/ubuntu person but can you install apt-get install libhtml-tidy-perl?
20:37 eskaaren_ And then retry cpanm?
20:38 nengard_afk back
20:39 nengard BINGO!
20:40 nengard that did the trick
20:40 nengard thank you so much
20:40 eskaaren_ np
20:40 nengard eskaaren_++
20:41 eskaaren_ Now back to the beers :)
20:41 nengard LOL
20:41 eskaaren_ By the way, Im hired by Region Halland to help with the Koha project but will donate some private time as well
20:41 nengard you deserve it
20:41 nengard cool
20:41 nengard welcome
20:45 eskaaren_ And here comes a lame goodbye for now :)
20:45 eskaaren_ perl -e '{print map {chr} @ARGV}' 66 101 101 114 33 10
20:47 eskaaren_ left #koha
20:47 talljoy hi all!  i'm noticing some differences in how Koha exports item search data (advanced search->item search->export to csv) versus exporting report data into csv.
20:48 talljoy do they use different methods for exporting?  or the same basic underlying code?  anyone familiar with this?
20:48 * talljoy realizes it is happy hour/end of day for most of the world.....:-)
20:59 nengard left #koha
20:59 laurence joined #koha
21:00 laurence left #koha
21:00 talljoy will wait for jajm
21:08 burdsjm joined #koha
21:18 wizzyrea where most of the world is those places that it isn't morning :P
21:18 wizzyrea but, fwiw, I have never looked at that.
21:24 wizzyrea also, no good asking for a tweak to styles unless you're also going to say what the tweak needs to be.
21:39 mveron Good night / daytime everybody...
22:24 Francesca joined #koha
22:24 * Francesca waves
22:24 rangi hi Francesca
22:25 eythian hi
22:25 wahanui niihau, eythian
22:25 Francesca lol
22:25 Francesca how goes it
22:32 Francesca is wizzeyrea around?
22:33 * eythian points at the Tab key :)
22:34 Francesca Whoops
22:34 Francesca didn't mean to hit the tab key twice
22:48 Francesca wizzyrea you there?
22:48 wizzyrea oh hi!
22:48 wizzyrea yes, sorry I didn't notice my chat
22:48 * Francesca waves at wizzyrea
22:48 wizzyrea how's it goin :)
22:48 Francesca no worries
22:48 Francesca good
22:48 Francesca busy
22:48 wizzyrea *nod*
22:49 wizzyrea same here, sheesh.
22:49 Francesca I spend all day staring at music notation
22:49 Francesca one can get a bit bored with that
22:49 Francesca I'm working on the print styles at the moment
22:51 Francesca hey the print.css file I'm working on
22:51 Francesca thats not the main stylesheet is it?
22:52 wizzyrea not as far as I recall, no
22:52 Francesca ok good
22:52 wizzyrea trust, but verify :)
22:52 Francesca I can't see anything labeled style.css
22:52 Francesca just lots of css files for like everything
22:54 Francesca to be honest I can't actually find where it links to the style sheet in the html file
22:54 wizzyrea it's probably in an include
22:54 Francesca css the html file doesn't even look like html
22:55 wizzyrea it is html, it's just put together of many parts, with the templating system we use, template toolkit.
22:55 * Francesca wish she knew more about javascript
22:55 Francesca looks a bit like javascript
22:55 Francesca I'll go looking
22:55 wizzyrea I believe in you :)
22:56 Francesca I'm just double checking
22:56 eythian template toolkit != javascript though, don't get stuck on that idea
22:56 wizzyrea ^
22:56 Francesca I don't want to accidentally make the menu disappear on the web page just because I told it not to show in the print.css file
22:56 wizzyrea oh, that's not how that works :)
22:57 wizzyrea you should be fine - but do test it
22:57 Francesca I will
22:58 Francesca If I save and refresh it'll show up on my browser webpage right?
22:58 wizzyrea it being... your changes?
22:58 Francesca yup
22:58 wizzyrea yep should do
22:59 Francesca you know its a shame you can't stick photos in here
22:59 Francesca I have some really cute pics of my kitties from last night
23:01 wizzyrea aww
23:05 eythian
23:05 eythian _ _/|
23:05 eythian \'o.0'
23:05 eythian =(___)=
23:05 eythian U
23:05 eythian who says you can't put pictures here
23:05 Francesca lol thats cute
23:05 Francesca my kitties don't look that little anymore though
23:06 eythian wahanui: problem is <reply>
23:06 wahanui ...but problem is it's human beings doing it. Rebuild your indexes....
23:06 eythian wahanui: problem is also <reply>
23:06 wahanui okay, eythian.
23:07 wizzyrea haha eythian
23:08 * Francesca is annoyed
23:09 Francesca the stuff will not vanish from the print out
23:10 * Francesca goes to look at a new method of killing unwanted menus in printed webpages
23:11 Francesca the webpage doesn't actually look like it's linked to the print.css
23:11 Francesca that might be the problem
23:13 eythian you can view the page's CSS files using the element inspector
23:14 Francesca yeah I'm looking at the html through inspector at the moment
23:14 eythian then click on the style editor part and it tells you which files are actually referenced.
23:15 Francesca I'll look in a sec
23:15 Francesca gotta go now
23:15 * Francesca waves goodbye at eythian rangi and wizzyrea
23:15 eythian later
23:15 wizzyrea see ya!
23:27 JoshB joined #koha
23:48 BobB joined #koha
23:56 BobB_ joined #koha
23:57 papa joined #koha
23:57 eythian wizzyrea: when you send a cart to someone, where does the template for that email live?
23:57 wizzyrea opac-downloadcart I think
23:58 wizzyrea or something like
23:58 wizzyrea or sendcart
23:58 wizzyrea for the email though
23:58 wizzyrea ummm
23:58 wizzyrea sorry I misread.
23:58 wizzyrea there isn't one, it's done by the cart script (I thought)
23:58 eythian OK
23:58 wizzyrea it would make sense to have one though

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary