IRC log for #koha, 2014-02-06

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:35 rocio left #koha
00:45 papa joined #koha
00:53 maximep left #koha
01:23 tgoatley joined #koha
01:54 Bruce_ joined #koha
02:00 Bruce_ Is it time?
02:01 Bruce_ Or is it just me and two dozen sleeping bots?
02:01 dcook Error. Does not compute.
02:02 dcook What time might you be thinking of, Bruce_?
02:02 Bruce_ Sorry, I thought now was 1800 on 5 Feb -- time for the meeting. Did I miscalculate the hour?
02:03 dcook I do believe so
02:03 dcook Right now is... 6 February 2014 02:00 UTC
02:04 dcook I think the last meeting was actually around 24 hours ago?
02:04 dcook The next one being 5 March
02:04 Bruce_ Yup. I did miscalculate the time. Bother.
02:04 Bruce_ Oh well, saved myself a half hour. See you next month!
02:05 dcook If you're curious, the minutes should be posted on the website
02:05 dcook They'd also be available in the IRC logs
02:12 tcohen joined #koha
03:12 dpk1 joined #koha
04:19 tgoatley joined #koha
04:20 dac joined #koha
04:29 mtompset Greetings, dcook.
04:29 mtompset Anything interesting happening with you?
04:32 dcook You have no idea
04:32 dcook :p
04:32 dcook You?
04:32 wahanui You are not the first to ask that question
04:35 mtompset Trying to avoid more paperwork, but I need to get back to it.
04:35 mtompset Why oh why do we need to have paperwork for everything in life?
04:36 mtompset God created life. Satan created paperwork.
04:37 dcook Sounds about right to me.
04:37 dcook I think chocolate is on the menu for tonight in an attempt to forget about bureaucracy (amongst other things)
04:39 Oak joined #koha
04:39 * Oak waves
04:40 dcook hey Oak
04:41 Oak hello dcook :)
04:41 Oak kia ora #koha
04:46 tgoatley joined #koha
04:46 tgoatley_ joined #koha
04:47 BobB joined #koha
05:25 cait joined #koha
05:39 mtompset Okay... CentOS 5.10 installed... just to see what the state of CentOS is. :)
05:50 Oak hello cait
05:50 cait hi Oak
05:50 Oak got 5 minutes?
05:50 cait hm yes
05:51 Oak any pointers, links, anything on how to manage serials in Koha? so far I am reading this: http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]ls-td4264662.html
05:51 Oak and this:
05:51 cait hm you chcked nicole's manual?
05:52 cait what do you need/wnat to do?
05:52 Oak reading it: http://manual.koha-community.o[…]4/en/serials.html
05:52 Oak need to catalogue about 15 serials' subscriptions. will leave the back issues.
05:53 cait ah
05:53 cait 15 is not much
05:53 Oak i'll finish the manual, and snything i can find, then i'll ask you guys.
05:53 Oak i know.
05:53 cait it's a bit hard to answer as a general question
05:53 Oak yes i know :) sorry.
05:53 cait and i just woke up :)
05:53 Oak no worries, i'll ask when i am ready.
05:54 Oak heh :)
05:54 cait it will be alright :)
05:55 Oak oh one specific question
05:55 Oak how do i find volume and issue number of say reader's digest?
05:55 Oak it's not written on it as far as i can tell
05:55 cait hm
05:55 cait not sure
05:56 Oak okay
05:56 cait you could look at an older year and try to find the issues
05:56 Oak google?
05:56 wahanui google is not a web browser, it's an advertising company with a pretty good search engine.
05:56 cait i mean count them...and google
05:56 cait also someone of the US librairans might know
05:56 Oak hmm
05:56 Oak cool
06:33 * mtompset is trying out perlbrew for the first time ever using CentOS 5.10 :)
06:39 tgoatley joined #koha
07:02 cait left #koha
07:18 mtompset Have a great day, #koha
07:23 laurence joined #koha
07:33 Oak joined #koha
07:48 reiveune joined #koha
07:49 reiveune hello
07:49 sophie_m joined #koha
07:50 alex_a joined #koha
07:51 alex_a bonjour
07:51 wahanui hola, alex_a
07:54 cait joined #koha
07:56 marcelr joined #koha
07:57 marcelr hi #koha
07:57 cait hi marcelr
07:57 marcelr :)
08:02 matts hi
08:02 cait hi matts :)
08:04 marcelr hi matts
08:15 Joubu joined #koha
08:15 Joubu hi
08:15 wahanui what's up, Joubu
08:28 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:28 gaetan_B hello
08:31 Viktor joined #koha
08:42 tgoatley joined #koha
09:28 Viktor joined #koha
09:30 Oak joined #koha
09:31 elemark left #koha
09:36 alex_a_ joined #koha
09:53 kivilahtio when defining print labes, is it possible to use the current date as a parameter
09:54 kivilahtio I mean when Modifying Notices?
09:56 kivilahtio <<today>> ?
10:01 Viktor joined #koha
10:08 Joubu joined #koha
10:31 cait kivilahtio: in some of the notices it's supported
10:31 cait <<today>> like you wrote, but not in all yet i think
10:52 Oak left #koha
11:13 Viktor joined #koha
11:42 Viktor joined #koha
11:44 tgoatley joined #koha
11:51 francharb good morning
12:02 drojf joined #koha
12:02 drojf hi #koha
12:12 marcelr hi drojf
12:13 drojf hi marcelr
12:15 Viktor joined #koha
12:16 kivilahtio hi marcelr
12:16 marcelr hi kivilahtio
12:17 tcohen joined #koha
12:24 drojf is git really slow or is that just me?
12:46 barton joined #koha
12:59 meliss joined #koha
13:20 drojf joined #koha
13:23 NateC joined #koha
13:24 francharb joined #koha
13:30 drojf joined #koha
13:42 edveal joined #koha
13:57 nengard joined #koha
13:58 chris_n joined #koha
13:59 mtompset joined #koha
13:59 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
13:59 mtompset Greetings, druthb. ;)
14:00 druthb hi. :)
14:11 kivilahtio Is there a automated mechanism for claiming items? Set Item missing/lost, add a fine to a borrower based on the items.replacementprice?
14:18 tcohen joined #koha
14:23 gaetan_B i have a question for our nordic friends here, maybe kivilahtio will have an idea ? i wanted to ask magnus_away
14:23 gaetan_B in swedish, letters like ä belong to the end of the alphabet
14:23 kivilahtio sh007
14:24 kivilahtio vwxyzåäö
14:24 gaetan_B but zebra will sort them between a and b
14:24 kivilahtio :D
14:24 gaetan_B is there a way to change this ?
14:24 kivilahtio I hope so
14:24 gaetan_B is it the same in suomi ?
14:24 kivilahtio we just searched for "Rölli" and got Rolling Stones
14:24 gaetan_B :D
14:25 gaetan_B it's different thought i think this is because zebra will transliterrat ö to o
14:25 gaetan_B so that in french you can search for casse instead of cassé and still get an answer (which a lot of people want usually)
14:25 kivilahtio I cannot give you any answers but magnus_away sure can
14:26 gaetan_B but maybe ö is considered a totally different letter for you ? instead of an accented letter like é is to e for us ?
14:26 kivilahtio yes
14:26 gaetan_B i see
14:26 cait kivilahtio: it depends on configuration
14:26 kivilahtio ö is a pure letter, it is not accented
14:26 cait there was an email to the list recently how to change that
14:26 SherryS joined #koha
14:26 cait i don't remember where the person was from. hm.
14:26 jcamins gaetan_B: you have to set the order of the alphabet in the Zebra configuration file.
14:26 rhcl1 joined #koha
14:26 gaetan_B so it would be feasible, interesting
14:26 kivilahtio truly!
14:27 gaetan_B (if i ever do a phd, i would want to do it on the alphabetical order !)
14:27 alphaman joined #koha
14:27 gaetan_B jcamins: do you know which file exactly ?
14:27 cait jcamins: do you remember who asked on the mailing list?
14:27 jcamins sort-string-utf.chr
14:27 wahanui well, sort-string-utf.chr is explained at[…]er-map-files.html
14:28 jcamins cait: someone asked on the mailing list?
14:28 jcamins (no)
14:28 cait yeh not long ago
14:28 cait about sorting
14:28 gaetan_B ah found it thanks
14:28 cait there were some hints on how to change it
14:28 cait Re: [Koha]wrong sorting order of results beginning with accented letters (č, š, ř, ž,...)
14:28 cait on the koha list, 20.1.2014
14:28 gaetan_B oh and you even have one such file per language
14:29 gaetan_B does that mean zebra is able to sort a german title that starts with Ä at the beginning of the list with a swedish title at the end in the same results ??
14:29 jcamins gaetan_B: no, you have to choose one alphabet and stick with it.
14:29 gaetan_B ok that makes sense
14:30 kivilahtio wow this was good news
14:30 kivilahtio thanks for bringing this out gaetan_B
14:30 gaetan_B :)
14:35 tgoatley joined #koha
14:37 gaetan_B i have another more generic question : when placing in a library say in Paris, for a book located in Marseille,
14:37 gaetan_B if emailLibrarianWhenHoldIsPlaced is active
14:38 gaetan_B it seems the librarian getting the notification will be the one from Paris (the library the borrower belongs to) and not the one from Marseille (the library the book belongs to)
14:38 gaetan_B can someone confirm this ?
14:38 gaetan_B i think it should be the other way around
14:38 gaetan_B so that the librarians know they need to pull a book from the shelves
14:39 gaetan_B i can't see a good reason why it would work this way right now
14:39 SherryS left #koha
14:41 maximep joined #koha
14:42 collum joined #koha
14:42 gaetan_B well cait, thanks to you i think i just discovered another koha list i am not yet subscribed to ! o_o
14:42 cait koha main list? ohoh
14:43 vfernandes joined #koha
14:43 vfernandes hi... there are here any expert on koha acquisitions?
14:45 SherryS joined #koha
14:47 alex_a joined #koha
14:50 paul_p joined #koha
14:52 oleonard joined #koha
14:53 oleonard Hi #koha
14:53 cait vfernandes: what's the question?
14:53 wahanui the question is "What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?"
14:54 druthb wahanui:  answer?
14:54 wahanui answer is always go back to sleep or 42
14:58 oleonard So... anyone else have problems with the suspend holds feature in the OPAC? When I specify a date it gets saved as 0000-00-00
14:59 mtompset oleonard: Can you give me a bunch of steps to reproduce?
14:59 talljoy joined #koha
15:01 oleonard 1. Enable  SuspendHoldsOpac and AutoResumeSuspendedHolds
15:01 oleonard 2. Place a hold
15:01 oleonard 3. View your list of holds in the OPAC
15:01 oleonard 4. Suspend a hold and specify a date for resumption
15:04 oleonard Specifically: 4. Suspend an individual hold (in master) and specify a date for resumption
15:04 oleonard Suspending all seems to work correctly.
15:10 tcohen @later tell gmcharlt done
15:10 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
15:10 gmcharlt tcohen++
15:14 mtompset 1 is default, it would seem.
15:15 mtompset Okay... dumb question. How do I place a hold?
15:18 oleonard If you don't see any links which say "place hold" then you may have RequestOnOpac turned off
15:20 tcohen jcamins, do u think we should just get rid of getRecords and stick with SimpleSearch + a proper SearchFacets function that retrieves the facets directly from zebra?
15:20 jcamins Yes.
15:20 mtompset -- or I don't have the item checked out requiring a hold to be placed?
15:21 tcohen does SimpleSearch respect the business logic regarding sysprefs that getRecords implements?
15:21 jcamins No, I think that should be added.
15:22 jcamins But SimpleSearch is a uch less horrifying piece of code.
15:22 jcamins *much
15:22 * tcohen loves how SimpleSearch reads
15:24 mtompset Sorry... too much learning to try to duplicate.
15:24 mtompset And I need to put on my chauffeur's hat.
15:29 oleonard gmcharlt: Equinox Koha demo sites offline?
15:29 * gmcharlt takes a look
15:30 oleonard paul_p: Biblibre Koha demo sites offline?
15:32 mtompset oleonard: Sorry, none of these items can be placed on hold.?
15:33 oleonard mtompset: You probably don't have a default hold rule set up in Circulation and fine rules?
15:33 jcamins @marc 952
15:33 wahanui The 952 field is used by Koha to store item data in MARC21 and is described at[…]_fields_%289xx%29
15:33 huginn jcamins: unknown tag 952
15:33 mtompset likely... where?
15:34 Joubu oleonard: BibLibre demo looks online:[…]
15:34 fridolin joined #koha
15:34 fridolin hie all
15:34 oleonard mtompset: Administration -> Circulation and fine rules
15:34 cait mtompset: check the maximal holds in your circulation rules
15:34 jcamins :q
15:34 jcamins Whoops. Wrong window.
15:34 gmcharlt no! don't leave us!
15:35 mtompset defaults not set... that's it.
15:35 oleonard Joubu: Okay, so the wrong link on this page then?
15:35 Joubu oleonard: this one is not really the BibLibre demo. It's the koha-fr demo
15:36 Joubu maybe we host it, i don't know
15:38 paul_p oleonard = that's probably an outdated link. There's no more demo. (and BibLibre don't manage anymore, its managed by kohala)
15:38 Joubu paul_p: so, should we change the url?
15:38 paul_p Joubu yep
15:38 oleonard Okay thanks. I'm just trying to find demos running master so I can confirm my suspend holds bug
15:40 mtompset oleonard: I think I may have found a bug or two to fix... ARG. :(
15:41 oleonard and by the way mtompset, my email sending problems were because of a broken Postfix config (not sure when that happened, it worked before), so thanks for the link
15:41 mtompset No problem.
15:41 mtompset chauffeur's hat...
15:41 Joubu oleonard: hum... the BibLibre's demo is not running on master (but 3.10.12)
15:42 Dyrcona joined #koha
15:42 oleonard Thankfully sending a cart by email doesn't fail silently so I knew more about the problem
15:46 * oleonard can't reproduce Bug 11698
15:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11698 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , can't create a budget
15:48 Joubu oleonard: I got it last week. Try to add a budget with a big amount (something like 100000000000000000 should be enough :))
15:48 Joubu oleonard: I didn't provide a patch, I consider nobody does that, except me. It appears I am not the only one :)
15:49 oleonard Yup that did it. Koha obviously knows I'm not good for that much cash.
15:52 Joubu I reproduce just right now
15:55 rocio joined #koha
15:55 Joubu in Number::Format->round:     croak "round() overflow. Try smaller precision or use Math::BigFloat"         if $product > MAX_INT;
15:57 kivilahtio Any idea can I define some other date formats for the message templates than 2014-02-06 11:25:00 ?
15:58 kivilahtio its tedious to change them afterwards
15:58 oleonard kivilahtio: Is Bug 11244 related?
15:58 kivilahtio actually nevermind the tediousness thats pretty easy with regexps
15:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11244 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , notices ignoring the dateformat preference
15:59 cait kivilahtio: bug 11244 should fix that
16:01 kivilahtio I was hoping to go home :(
16:04 kivilahtio with this patch the script takes 20x longer to run
16:04 kivilahtio and I have 12 items waiting in the message_queue
16:05 kivilahtio I'll report that
16:07 cait kivilahtio: you shoudl report that - thx for testing!
16:07 kivilahtio cait: on it :)
16:34 kivilahtio I am skiing home! Take care!
16:44 chris_n` joined #koha
16:54 nengard joined #koha
16:55 pastebot "oleonard" at pasted "Is one of these preferred? I see both used" (5 lines) at
17:05 cait bye all :)
17:05 cait left #koha
17:06 oleonard Anyone have an opinion about that paste? ^^
17:07 laurence left #koha
17:08 chris_n the law of conservation of time as applied to computers simply says that whatever time you save by using your computer someone else will spend supporting your computer
17:08 * chris_n heads off to find food
17:14 gaetan_B bye !
17:14 tcohen bye
17:29 SherryS left #koha
17:33 reiveune bye
17:33 reiveune left #koha
17:35 rocio joined #koha
17:36 * oleonard feels like Bug 11702 just proves he's gone crazy... surely suspending an individual hold is (was?) working for others if Bug 10774 passed QA
17:36 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11702 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Can't specify date for automatic resumption of suspended hold
17:37 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10774 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Allow individual holds to be suspended and resumed from the OPAC
17:41 rocio joined #koha
17:41 tcohen reserves?
17:41 wahanui reserves is giving every normal person evil headaches.
17:41 tcohen heh
17:41 francharb joined #koha
17:47 cait joined #koha
17:49 rocio left #koha
17:54 rocio joined #koha
17:56 pianohacker joined #koha
17:56 pianohacker hallo
17:57 oleonard Hi pianohacker, druthb
17:57 pianohacker hey oleonard
17:57 wahanui oleonard is still here, if you just wish hard enough. or Koha's master UI designer
17:58 * cait waves
18:12 pianohacker hey cait
18:15 cait hi pianohacker:)
18:17 bag heya pianohacker
18:17 wahanui i think pianohacker is a Dune fan, it seems.
18:25 michael_poland joined #koha
18:25 michael_poland hello
18:25 oleonard Hi michael_poland
18:25 michael_poland Hello,  My question is how do I make a search was copies available for reference? Stay I can not find it. I have KOHA 3.14.  Please reply as soon as possible!
18:27 oleonard michael_poland: Can you clarify please? I don't understand what you're asking.
18:29 michael_poland I want the search results come up copies for reference
18:31 michael_poland http://catalog.bywatersolution[…]anch_group_limit= - the windows 95 this appears - Copies available for reference: East Branch [100000000267] (1 ).
18:32 michael_poland ??
18:33 michael_poland Help me
18:33 oleonard michael_poland: That item has been marked "not for loan"
18:34 oleonard You can change this setting on the item edit screen
18:34 michael_poland oleonard: yes "not for loan"
18:35 michael_poland How?
18:37 michael_poland I have everything set just can not display the search result copies not for loan.
18:40 oleonard "Everything set?" You mean you have edited the item and set it to "not for loan?"
18:42 michael_poland Set and does nothing: (
18:42 cait michael_poland: what do you want to do?
18:42 cait if you mark an item not for loan, it will be displayed for reference
18:43 cait it's working as it should here
18:43 cait http://catalog.bywatersolution[…]3A%20windows%2095 < look at the detail page, one is for lona the other is not
18:43 oleonard michael_poland: Is your catalog online?
18:44 barton joined #koha
18:45 michael_poland cait: http://catalog.bywatersolution[…]anch_group_limit=  -------- position 1, and displays Copies available for reference: East Branch [100000000267] (1).
18:45 barton_ joined #koha
18:45 michael_poland oleonard: Not far have directory locally.
18:46 cait i am sorry, i think i don't undestand the problem :(
18:46 barton_ left #koha
18:46 juans joined #koha
18:47 michael_poland Cait: :(
18:48 rhcl1 joined #koha
18:49 pianohacker michael_poland: what do you want to change?
18:51 barton joined #koha
18:51 michael_poland pianohacker:  To the OPAC appeared Copies available for reference
18:51 pianohacker michael_poland: What are you trying to change about that?
18:53 michael_poland How should I set up at all and still does not appear copies for reference
18:54 pianohacker michael_poland: You want "copies available for reference" to not show up?
18:55 michael_poland show up
18:55 pianohacker michael_poland: But it does show up now. What do you want to change?
18:56 tcohen joined #koha
18:58 michael_poland that showed up
18:59 pianohacker michael_poland: Are you trying to change which items show as "copies available for reference"?
18:59 michael_poland I'll download TeamViewer it can help someone to set.
19:00 pianohacker michael_poland: Just give us a screenshot
19:02 pianohacker michael_poland: None of us have TeamViewer
19:05 michael_poland I have teamviewer so I can show only because I have Koha locally
19:05 pianohacker michael_poland: Have you run rebuild_zebra?
19:05 oleonard michael_poland: When you open the item for editing does it show the correct Not for Loan status?
19:06 michael_poland yes run rebuild_zebra
19:13 michael_poland
19:14 pianohacker michael_poland: Oh, it's not showing the call number?
19:14 pianohacker michael_poland: It seems to be showing just the name of the library the reference items are at
19:15 michael_poland She did not display copies available for reference
19:16 pianohacker michael_poland: There is one being displayed. Are there more that aren't?
19:18 michael_poland Look at this! Web ->
19:19 michael_poland Look at this au me this is not what is underlined.
19:20 michael_poland sorry my english
19:20 michael_poland Look at it in me that is not what is underlined.
19:21 michael_poland I'll be back
19:22 pianohacker michael_poland: The differences I see are that the call number is displayed on ByWater's site but not on your site
19:22 pianohacker michael_poland: You have your reference book at a library or location called "Reference", which is why that is displayed strangely
19:24 fridolin left #koha
19:27 michael_poland
19:27 oleonard pianohacker: Are you able to see michael_poland's screenshots? All of them are 404's for me.
19:27 pianohacker I see them, yes
19:28 michael_poland Now it should be ok
19:29 oleonard Looks like all of is blocked by our firewall for security reasons.
19:31 michael_poland I do not know, is a general hosting
19:32 oleonard I'm sure it's not your fault michael_poland :)
19:33 pianohacker michael_poland: Your items are in a library (miejsce?) called Reference.
19:34 michael_poland yes
19:34 pianohacker That's why ByWater's website shows it as Copies available for reference: East Branch
19:34 pianohacker The part in brackets that you're missing is a call number
19:34 michael_poland But I can not solve this problem. Only through TeamViewer someone help me,
19:35 pianohacker michael_poland: Give your items a call number, and it will show up like ByWater
19:35 pianohacker I have to leave now. I have a doctor's appointment. Bye, good luck
19:36 michael_poland Bye,
19:37 michael_poland pianohacker Have a nice day :)
19:39 michael_poland -> scereenshots from
19:45 chris_n` joined #koha
19:48 mtompset_away oleonard: You get 404's?
19:48 mtompset_away .us must not like .pl right now. ;(
19:49 oleonard 404s if I follow the link, an "blocked" message if I go directly to It's OpenDNS's filter.
19:49 mtompset_away Strange the english word Reference in the midst of the other language.
19:51 mtompset_away Well, the ip address is You could put that in your hosts, and bypass that problem, right?
19:51 mtompset_away You can't use just the ip address, because the web server is namedhost VMs.
19:52 paul_p joined #koha
19:53 drojf joined #koha
20:15 magnuse joined #koha
20:15 * magnuse waves
20:18 cait :)
20:18 cait hi magnuse
20:18 wahanui hi magnuse are you spending much time in oslo?
20:21 magnuse eythian around?
20:21 cait bit too early for him i think
20:21 wizzyrea ya not yet
20:21 wizzyrea 40ish minutes
20:27 magnuse ah, ok
20:27 magnuse i was just wondering if there was going to be a 3.14.02-2 package
20:29 rhcl1 joined #koha
20:43 nengard joined #koha
20:47 wizzyrea I am certain he is going to fix whatever was wrong there
20:47 wizzyrea it would be unlike him not to :)
20:49 magnuse yeah, i'm just being impatient ;-)
20:51 cait good night all :)
20:51 cait left #koha
20:53 tcohen hi wizzyrea rangi
20:53 alphaman joined #koha
20:53 wizzyrea hi tcohen
20:56 wizzyrea tcohen were you doing ok with the KohaCon stuff on the website?
20:57 SherryS joined #koha
20:58 tcohen_ joined #koha
20:58 tcohen_ @wunder cordoba, argentina
20:58 huginn tcohen_: The current temperature in Cordoba, Argentina is 23.0°C (5:00 PM ART on February 06, 2014). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 65%. Dew Point: 16.0°C. Pressure: 29.92 in 1013 hPa (Falling).
21:00 tcohen_ @later tell rangi i've filled 11704, you might be interested as it is code you worked on recently
21:00 huginn tcohen_: The operation succeeded.
21:05 * magnuse waves to tcohen
21:05 tcohen hi magnuse! o/
21:05 ebegin joined #koha
21:05 magnuse bug 11704
21:05 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11704 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Wrong headers in {opac|intranet}/svc/report
21:07 * tcohen thinks there's nothing better for the impatient than testing easy patches
21:07 tcohen (while doin time)
21:10 druthb left #koha
21:25 eythian hi
21:25 eythian magnuse: I am now
21:26 eythian If you're asking why that package hasn't been updated, there are Reasons which will be revealed in a day or so :)
21:26 tcohen hi eythian
21:26 eythian also, yesterday was a holiday so I was at a BBQ.
21:26 eythian g'day tcohen
21:26 magnuse eythian: cool, no problem! :-)
21:26 tcohen the road of excess leads to the tower of wisdom
21:26 magnuse just curious!
21:27 eythian no worries
21:27 eythian magnuse: and I'm working on a script to automate the whole thing to avoid messing it up in the future :)
21:27 magnuse very cool!
21:27 magnuse eythian++
21:28 eythian @notes eythian:
21:28 huginn eythian: Sent 2 years, 41 weeks, 2 days, 6 hours, and 57 minutes ago: <cait> forget everything before and answer that question: Is there a bug for the accounting rewrite to which I can link bugs as 2696 Fine payments should show whatwas paid for, Sent 1 year, 2 weeks, 1 day, 1 hour, and 6 minutes ago: <magnuse> kia ora! any news on the funding for the images from multiple sources thing? just curious... :-), Sent (3 more messages)
21:28 eythian it's like a little bit of archeology
21:29 tcohen what is that @notes about?
21:29 magnuse ooh, i'm still curious about funding for the "images from multiple sources thing" :-)
21:29 eythian it's from people sending messages to 'eythian:' rather than 'eythian'
21:29 eythian magnuse: no movement on that front :(
21:29 tcohen @notes tcohen:
21:29 huginn tcohen: Sent 25 weeks, 6 days, 13 hours, and 11 minutes ago: <magnuse> maybe you can have a look at my followup on bug 10622? and Sent 4 weeks, 1 day, 0 hours, and 58 minutes ago: <mtompset> git rebase -i then cut and paste them into the correct order?
21:30 magnuse @notes magnuse:
21:30 huginn magnuse: Error: I have no notes for that nick.
21:34 pianohacker back
21:34 bag welcome back pianohacker
21:34 eythian wahanui: back is <reply>and forth.
21:34 wahanui OK, eythian.
21:34 pianohacker back
21:34 eythian I think it's too short to activate.
21:34 pianohacker possibly...
21:34 pianohacker hi eythian :)
21:34 eythian The limit must be 5 or 6 characters.
21:34 eythian hiya
21:35 pianohacker back?
21:35 wahanui and forth.
21:35 eythian wahanui: status
21:35 wahanui Since Wed Feb  5 01:40:11 2014, there have been 51 modifications and 17 questions.  I have been awake for 1 day, 19 hours, 55 minutes, 23 seconds this session, and currently reference 35567 factoids. Addressing is in optional mode.
21:35 pianohacker 35k? Dear loard
21:35 eythian heh
21:36 eythian A lot are probably from people saying this long thing with an is in the middle.
21:36 eythian wahanui: A lot are probably from people saying this long thing with an
21:36 wahanui ...but lot is by includes and stuff its hard to spot...
21:36 wahanui ...but lot are by includes and stuff its hard to spot...
21:36 eythian oh, or an 'are'
21:37 rhcl1 I are confused.
21:37 pianohacker rhcl1: We're just muckin' with wahanui, just an average day in #koha
21:37 rhcl1 ack
21:37 magnuse lulz
21:37 eythian rhcl1: 'are' is the plural form of 'is' :)
21:37 rhcl1 ah, got it. tns
21:37 rhcl1 tnx
21:38 magnuse davidnind++ for sending the reminder about the meeting i missed
21:38 eythian ah, I can now mark people's posts on bugzilla as private :)
21:56 nengard left #koha
22:06 SherryS left #koha
22:06 SherryS joined #koha
22:15 druthb joined #koha
22:19 magnuse have fun #koha!
22:22 hankbank joined #koha
22:34 tcohen oh my
22:35 * tcohen is ashamed he forgot the meeting!
22:35 dcook joined #koha
22:52 paul_p joined #koha
22:55 Steve_ joined #koha
22:57 maximep left #koha
22:59 rhcl1 left #koha
23:06 papa joined #koha
23:17 sophie_m left #koha
23:18 Dyrcona joined #koha
23:31 eythian oof, it now takes 2.5GB of space to do a full package build, not including the space for the source itself. Time I reconfigured my build vm.
23:31 dcook Ouch.
23:32 eythian I updated it to debian testing, and a few things changed. I need to spend the time re-designing how parts of the packaging work, I think.
23:33 eythian Primarily stop it being a debian native package, I think.
23:33 dcook What might that mean?
23:34 * dcook says as a Debian neophyte
23:34 eythian[…]on-native_package.3F <-- the two questions from there explain it better than I can
23:34 eythian essentially splitting out the debian/ directory and maintaining it separately.
23:36 eythian In the new debian tools, I have to change the version numbering if it's a native package. So, dropping the -1 off the end.
23:36 eythian But I think packaging and upstream should be a little bit more separated.
23:37 eythian maybe anyway, I'm slightly on the fence.
23:37 dcook Could dropping that revision have implications for Ubuntu users then?
23:37 eythian not at all
23:37 eythian ot
23:37 dcook Or is it still close enough to Debian?
23:37 eythian it's mostly just cosmetic.
23:38 dcook If it's a non-native package, could it be easier to create something like a RPM alongside it?
23:38 * dcook says again having no idea what he's really saying
23:38 eythian not really, it's more a question of management.
23:39 dcook Mmm, k. In that case, I'll stop asking questions until I look more into building packages myself :). Thanks for entertaining my questions anyway :)
23:39 eythian It'd make it cleaner to release a new package with only package-related changes without having to change Koha.
23:39 dcook Mmm, that sounds like a good thing...
23:39 eythian (by separating them, I was thinking having debian/ in another branch in the same git repo, or something.)
23:39 dcook I noticed the last update that I did was something around 60MB...
23:40 eythian Yeah, it's usually around that size
23:40 * dcook wonders from time to time about the relative size of the packages and Koha in general
23:40 eythian gzipping everything is about the same size as the .deb
23:40 dcook So what is that 60mb actually composed of? Mostly instructions?
23:41 eythian it's a lot smaller if we use xz.
23:41 eythian
23:42 eythian so most of it is 'misc'
23:42 eythian oh, translations
23:42 wahanui well, translations is
23:44 dcook Misc?
23:44 dcook Wouldn't it be tests, C4, and etc?
23:44 dcook and .git
23:44 eythian .git doesn't count, because it's not in the .deb.
23:44 dcook Ahh, translations
23:44 dcook I was wondering why the Koha I'm looking at is 3.3G
23:45 dcook Oh wait, that's not Koha, drrr
23:45 dcook 421M for that Koha..
23:45 dcook 1.4G for the Git
23:45 dcook Which is what you posted..
23:46 * dcook is going to stop rambling
23:46 eythian :)
23:46 eythian that was for 3.12.10, fwiw. 3.14.x is a bit larger.
23:47 dcook Hmm, I think the Git I'm looking at should be 3.15.x

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary