IRC log for #koha, 2014-01-15

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:28 t-houlks joined #koha
00:28 Roman_ joined #koha
00:28 emmah joined #koha
00:29 aleishaa joined #koha
00:30 merllissia joined #koha
00:33 francesca joined #koha
00:35 alexh joined #koha
00:44 merllissia
00:44 * wizzyrea nods in agreement with bug 11447, presuming that any implementation would be to collapse that table
00:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11447 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Hide existing item(s) that is/are linked to the bibliographic record when adding a new item
00:45 rocio1 left #koha
00:46 rangi yeah
00:49 rangi so when you finish your bootstrap file
00:49 wizzyrea that page isn't manageable for anybody with serial items
00:49 rangi you can either do what francesca is doing, and start another one
00:50 rangi or you can put your hand up and ill give you something else to work on
01:00 MrAgent075 joined #koha
01:08 Todd joined #koha
01:24 janPasi joined #koha
01:29 rangi francesca: git clone[…]oha-dashboard.git
01:29 rangi in your home dir
01:29 francesca ok doing that now
01:30 francesca it's finished- what next?
01:30 rangi cd koha-dashboard
01:30 rangi ls views
01:31 rangi gedit views/
01:53 pastebot "francesca" at pasted "html changes for header in header element on koha-dashboard" (20 lines) at
01:54 francesca sorry there is an error in the file I just pasted
01:54 rangi ill wait :)
01:55 francesca for firefox background gradient code you need to do to put a dash in front of the moz
01:56 francesca the code I pasted looks like this moz-linear-gradient(top left, #5BAD3F 0%, #8CEF29 100%);
01:56 francesca and for it to work you need to do this    - moz-linear-gradient(top left, #5BAD3F 0%, #8CEF29 100%);
01:56 rangi working on it now
01:57 francesca there is no space between the dash and the moz
02:02 rangi done, check it out when you get back
02:03 wizzyrea ^.^
02:07 rangi  <-- check out what francesca did
02:09 Todd joined #koha
02:09 rangi hi Todd
02:12 rangi francesca:[…]386f2375bfcb0f1e6
02:14 mtompset Nice activity. :)
02:20 mtompset francesca: Is that your first signoff?
02:21 daniel_ joined #koha
02:23 MrAgent075 joined #koha
02:23 pastebot "francesca" at pasted "css changes for hero-unit tag" (7 lines) at
02:25 francesca @mtopset yes I think so :)
02:25 huginn francesca: I suck
02:25 rangi rangi?
02:25 wizzyrea wizzyrea?
02:25 wahanui i heard wizzyrea was a Cylon, and they all have plans.
02:26 * aleishaa waves at everyone
02:26 wizzyrea ^.^
02:26 wizzyrea wizzyrea?
02:26 wahanui you are a fan of selecting hunks for committing.
02:26 * francesca waves back
02:26 wizzyrea wizzyrea?
02:26 wahanui you are silly
02:26 wizzyrea I know. :)
02:26 wizzyrea @quote random
02:26 huginn wizzyrea: Quote #147: "<wizzyrea> a watched query never finishes." (added by wizzyrea at 09:33 PM, August 24, 2011)
02:27 rangi bag?
02:27 wahanui I LIKE BASEBALL
02:27 wizzyrea trea
02:27 * wizzyrea wave
02:27 wizzyrea cait?
02:27 wahanui well, cait is a bit worried about lumping all code into a single file a sa first step
02:27 * trea waves
02:27 daniel_ daniel_?
02:27 aleishaa daniel_?
02:28 rangi daniel_?
02:28 wahanui I ARE A GOOD STUDENT
02:31 mtompset francesca++ # congratulations on your first sign off.
02:32 rangi emmah?
02:32 wahanui ERMAGHERD
02:36 ibeardslee hehe
02:38 francesca link for bootstrap css site
02:38 francesca @@@
02:38 huginn francesca: I've exhausted my database of quotes
02:39 rangi daniel_?
02:39 wahanui I ARE A GOOD STUDENT
02:39 francesca @
02:40 daniel_ wahanui?
02:40 wahanui daniel_?
02:40 francesca @mtompset
02:40 huginn francesca: I've exhausted my database of quotes
02:40 daniel_ Roman_?
02:41 Roman_ emmah?
02:41 wahanui ERMAGHERD
02:42 francesca emmah?
02:42 wahanui ERMAGHERD
02:42 daniel_ aleishaa?
02:42 rangi Roman_?
02:42 aleishaa emmah?
02:42 wahanui ERMAGHERD
02:43 francesca francesca?
02:43 francesca Roman?
02:43 francesca Roman_?
02:43 francesca @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
02:43 huginn francesca: I suck
02:43 emmah @
02:43 emmah emmah?
02:43 wahanui ERMAGHERD
02:44 daniel_ @daniel_
02:44 huginn daniel_: I suck
02:45 rangi aleishaa?
02:45 wahanui JUST LET ME WORK!!!!
02:45 aleishaa rangi?
02:46 emmah aleishaa?
02:46 wahanui JUST LET ME WORK!!!!
02:46 aleishaa emmah?
02:46 wahanui ERMAGHERD
02:46 aleishaa emmah?
02:46 wahanui ERMAGHERD
02:46 aleishaa daniel_?
02:46 wahanui I ARE A GOOD STUDENT
02:46 aleishaa Roman_?
02:46 francesca rangi?
02:46 aleishaa francesca?
02:47 aleishaa t-houlks?
02:47 mtompset SPAM!
02:47 t-houlks emmah?
02:47 wahanui ERMAGHERD
02:48 rangi sorry my bad
02:50 francesca chris, put this code in and see if it works in chrome background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom right, #5BAD3F 0%, #8CEF29 100%);
02:55 rangi git log --pretty=oneline
03:00 francesca chris can you try this code out (it applys to h1 text)  text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px  #ffffff;
03:00 francesca I would like to see what it looks like
03:08 pastebot "francesca" at pasted "changing link colour" (11 lines) at
03:12 Todd joined #koha
03:16 francesca try this colour for the links instead #258205
03:18 rangi done
03:21 rangi[…]lyst_Academy_2014
03:31 pastebot "francesca" at pasted "css code for nav bar" (17 lines) at
03:33 Roman_ joined #koha
03:43 mtompset Will the non-XSLT display ever be removed from OPAC?
03:43 dcook We can hope?
03:47 mtompset dcook: I'm trying to make hiding consistent between opac-MARCdetail and opac-detail. The non-XSLT is my first step. :P
03:48 mtompset I'm not sure I'll even try the XSLT stuff.
03:48 mtompset Perhaps it will be easier.
03:49 dcook Mmm, it'll probably be much harder
03:51 dcook I'm not sure how you'd do it to be honest. You would probably have to create some XML to indicate which fields should be hidden/displayed...then redo all the conditions for every field in the XSLT
03:51 dcook Well, I say redo. I mean enhance.
03:53 eythian I'd filter the marc before feeding it anywhere
03:55 Oak joined #koha
03:55 dcook I wonder which would be more efficient.
03:55 dcook Probably the filtering in Perl
03:56 Oak kia ora #koha
03:56 dcook I suppose that's what we do for the editor?
03:56 Oak hello dcook
03:56 dcook hey Oak
03:56 eythian dcook: mostly the filtering is more maintainable, as you only need one function.
03:57 mtompset Well, opac-MARCdetail pulls from a query that relates directly into the marc_subfield_structure.
03:58 dcook eythian: Yeah, that's what I just thought after asking the question. Hehe.
03:58 mtompset There is no easy way to query from a generic koha field into marc_subfield_substructure.
03:59 * dcook would be in favour of deprecating the non-XSLT views
03:59 dcook As soon as I had XSLT, I never looked back.
03:59 * dcook is sure that could sound more catchy.
04:02 mtompset and, for example, stocknumber.
04:02 mtompset 541$.. and 952$... are both ...stocknumber.
04:05 eythian that sounds not ideal
04:07 dcook 541 really shouldn't be stocknumber
04:07 dcook Wait
04:07 dcook 541$e?
04:07 dcook Maybe that
04:07 wahanui Maybe that is held generall and /etc/koha/zebradb/etc is valid for all koha-sites
04:08 eythian @marc 541
04:08 huginn eythian: Information on the immediate source of acquisition of the described materials. The field is used primarily for original or historical items or other archival collections. (Repeatable) [a,b,c,d,e,f,h,n,o,3,5,6,8]
04:08 eythian that seems odd at the biblio level
04:08 dcook mtompset: Might it not make more sense to do the XSLT version then do the non-XSLT?
04:08 eythian but marc doesn't always make sense.
04:08 * dcook imagines that most people use the XSLTs?
04:08 dcook eythian: so true
04:09 dcook Although..
04:09 wahanui although is mine 2.3.2 or 2.3.3
04:09 dcook "used primarily with original or historical items, or other archival collections."
04:09 dcook So even though you might have multiple items, the collection might have a single number
04:09 dcook Maybe?
04:09 wahanui it has been said that Maybe is a momentaneous error
04:09 eythian momentaneous eh
04:09 * dcook goes back to the bit about marc not always making sense
04:09 mtompset publisher? what's the marc code?
04:10 dcook That depends
04:10 dcook Sometimes, you  might find it in 260 or 264
04:11 dcook Although if it's the 264, only if a certain indicator is used
04:11 dcook Second indicator = 1, I think
04:11 dcook 260 doesn't differentiate
04:14 mtompset Oh the evilness of marc.
04:14 Todd joined #koha
04:15 * dcook figures most things are evil except music, movies, books, and beer.
04:16 dcook Quite the paradox though.
04:16 dcook It was probably my love of consumable media and information that made me go to library school O_o
04:16 dcook Well, maybe a few other factors..
04:20 mtompset Hmm.... those things aren't specifically evil, but they can be used for evil. :P
04:22 mtompset Oh yuck... GetMarcNotes, GetMarcSubjects, etc. etc.
04:24 dcook Yep
04:24 dcook Save yourself the trouble and work on the XSLTs instead?
04:24 * dcook says only somewhat self-servingly
04:25 dcook Personally, I think the XSLTs are a much better way to go. When clients want enhancements, I say I'm happy to do so if we use XSLTs, as they're easier to customize and maintain.
04:47 mtompset dcook: if I fix the GetMarcNotes, etc., it fixes the data the XSLT and non-XSLT versions use.
04:47 mtompset Harder to do, but easier to maintain.
04:47 dcook O_o
04:47 mtompset I like the easier to maintain.
04:48 dcook Why would the XSLT view use GetMarcNotes?
04:51 mtompset Oops... you're right.
04:51 mtompset It's late. I should go to bed.
04:58 mtompset What happens to a marc field if you delete all subfields?
05:15 Todd joined #koha
05:59 cait joined #koha
06:02 mtompset Greetings, cait.
06:02 cait hi mtompset
06:10 mtompset cait: The first items is different than the second items in the description for bug 11237, right?
06:10 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11237 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Clarify explanation for the new pref AcqItemSetSubfieldsWhenReceived
06:10 cait those are the same items
06:10 cait you change the items you created when ordering on receive
06:11 cait say they are created with the *on order* status and you remove that when you receive, so they appear as available
06:11 mtompset oh, so the second items isn't refering to the data value the sys pref holds?
06:12 cait the syspref just has instructions on how to chane them
06:13 mtompset What is 995$o?
06:13 cait bug 8307
06:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8307 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Set a value for items when receiving
06:13 cait an item subfield in UNIMARC
06:13 cait unimarc uses 995 instead of 952
06:14 mtompset okay... so the 995$o is set to 5 on receiving items that were ordered?
06:14 mtompset (in the example in the comment)
06:16 Todd joined #koha
06:21 mtompset Ah... I just read code.
06:22 mtompset I think I understand.
06:22 mtompset The AcqCreateItem must be set to create the item when placing an order, and then upon receive the marc codes in the  AcqItemSetSubfieldsWhenReceived will be used to update the item created.
06:23 cait yes
06:23 dcook night all
06:23 wahanui goodnight dcook. You'll be back.
06:23 mtompset Now to try to say that concisely and precisely.
06:23 cait the example is probably a status change
06:27 mtompset Upon receiving items, update their subfields if they were created when placing an order (e.g. 995\$o=5)
06:27 mtompset that way the phrase "placing an order" links semantically with the system preference above. :)
06:32 BobB joined #koha
06:39 MrAgent075 joined #koha
06:57 mtompset Have a great day, #koha.
07:03 cait emmah?
07:03 wahanui ERMAGHERD
07:06 rangi pianohacker++
07:08 cait rangi++
07:08 cait academy++
07:16 Todd joined #koha
07:29 cait gmcharlt++
07:31 cait left #koha
07:44 laurence joined #koha
07:45 Oak hello cait
07:45 wahanui hello cait are you here?
07:45 Oak nope
07:45 Oak rangii++
07:46 Oak oh well
07:46 reiveune joined #koha
07:46 reiveune hello
07:46 wahanui kai ora, reiveune
07:52 alex_a joined #koha
07:54 alex_a bonjour
07:56 cait joined #koha
07:56 cait good morning #koha
08:01 paul_p joined #koha
08:05 Joubu joined #koha
08:05 Joubu hello #koha
08:09 cait hi Joubu
08:13 sophie_m joined #koha
08:17 Todd joined #koha
08:23 paul_p joined #koha
08:34 cait @wunder Konstanz
08:34 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is -0.3°C (9:30 AM CET on January 15, 2014). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 95%. Dew Point: -1.0°C. Windchill: 0.0°C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
08:38 Oak @wunder islamabad
08:38 huginn Oak: The current temperature in Islamabad Airport, Pakistan is 16.0°C (11:00 AM PKT on January 15, 2014). Conditions: Haze. Humidity: 40%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Pressure: 30.21 in 1023 hPa.
08:38 Oak hey cait
08:58 cait hi Oak
09:18 Todd joined #koha
09:58 Joubu joined #koha
10:10 admin joined #koha
10:16 sophie_m joined #koha
10:19 Todd joined #koha
10:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11554 trivial, P5 - low, ---, h.meissner.82, Needs Signoff , Capitalization fix in patron account on fines tab
10:57 rangi done
10:58 * rangi goes to sleep
11:04 sophie_m left #koha
11:04 sophie_m joined #koha
11:05 sophie_m joined #koha
11:06 Oak rangi++
11:13 cait rangi++!
11:19 cait Joubu++
11:19 Todd joined #koha
11:26 alex_a_ joined #koha
11:31 alex_a joined #koha
11:46 alex_a_ joined #koha
11:57 Oak Joubu++
12:05 alex_a joined #koha
12:11 cait community++
12:20 Todd joined #koha
12:25 cait1 joined #koha
12:56 paul_p joined #koha
12:58 cait1 left #koha
12:58 francharb joined #koha
12:59 meliss joined #koha
13:07 collum joined #koha
13:09 francharb good morning
13:16 Todd joined #koha
13:17 kivilahtio_ From paxed with <3
13:28 oleonard joined #koha
13:30 oleonard Hi #koha
13:31 francharb o/ oleonard
13:35 NateC joined #koha
13:38 drojf joined #koha
13:40 paul_p_ joined #koha
13:58 tgoatley joined #koha
14:07 talljoy joined #koha
14:08 tcohen joined #koha
14:10 tcohen morning #koha!
14:11 oleonard Hi tcohen
14:24 Joubu Could someone test bug 11487? I don't know why it does not work for me.
14:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11487 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Failed QA , Untranslatable tooltip "Dates of birth should be entered in the format ..."
14:29 cait joined #koha
14:32 * cait waves
14:36 tcohen hi cait!
14:37 * liw idly waves greetings from afar
14:38 rambutan far afar?
14:41 cait joined #koha
14:53 maximep joined #koha
14:59 tcohen @seen jenkins_koha
14:59 huginn tcohen: jenkins_koha was last seen in #koha 5 days, 17 hours, 35 minutes, and 56 seconds ago: <jenkins_koha> Chris Cormack: Bug 11457: avoid spurious test failure in t/db_dependent/Bookseller.t
15:30 mtompset joined #koha
15:31 mtompset gmcharlt: hulk smash big patches? Is that a movie reference, or what example were you referring to?
15:32 oleonard mtompset obviously doesn't remember the part in The Avengers where they all sit around QA'ing patches.
15:32 * mtompset grins.
15:32 * oleonard thinks it was one of those after-the-credits bonus scenes.
15:32 mtompset No, oleonard that isn't in my recollection. :)
15:42 tcohen anyone with time to qa 10691?
15:50 mcooper joined #koha
15:58 rocio joined #koha
16:01 reiveune bye
16:01 reiveune left #koha
16:04 mtompset Joubu: signed off. :)
16:04 Joubu thanks mtompset
16:05 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 9210: wrap long lines in printed hold notices <[…]276e68e390b7afc3a> / Bug 11554: Capitalization fix in patron account on fines tab <[…]700829cfd4d753886>
16:21 laurence left #koha
16:56 cait joined #koha
16:57 sophie_m left #koha
17:03 cait gmcharlt++
17:06 tcohen joined #koha
17:10 tcohen joined #koha
17:14 Herwig joined #koha
17:15 Herwig hey koha is there someone here i can ask a question about oai sets
17:16 Herwig ive made 2 sets and the manual says to run a script ...annyone done that ? (is this a 1 time script or does it have to run like every day)
17:17 cait it has to run every time you change the set or add records that should go into it
17:17 Herwig aha
17:17 cait it finds  the records for your conditions
17:17 cait and makes them part of the set
17:17 cait afaik
17:18 Herwig is there annything i have to let the receiving harvester know
17:18 Herwig so ill try to run it daily then
17:20 Herwig thx for the info cait i try it oout (the normal oai is running ok now getting this working) :)
17:20 cait i haven't used it yet
17:20 cait so no guarantees
17:20 oleonard joined #koha
17:20 cait omstly read about it when it went in
17:21 Herwig ok
17:27 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 11522: improve formating of self-registration form <[…]c1037ff9087f55e30>
17:33 tcohen joined #koha
17:38 tcohen anyone from the qa team can take a look at 10691?
17:40 cait bug 10691
17:40 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10691 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , 5xx not properly linked by authid in authority search result list
17:40 cait not sure i can tonight
17:41 tcohen np
17:41 tcohen string freeze is already here I guess
17:43 cait oh
17:47 paul_p_ joined #koha
17:49 Joubu bye!
17:50 tcohen gmcharlt: what's jenkins' frequency for polling git changes?
17:50 gmcharlt 15 minutes, I think
17:51 * cait waves
17:53 tcohen gmcharlt: thanks
18:10 edu joined #koha
18:10 jatara joined #koha
18:17 jatara joined #koha
18:17 edu hi, I wanted to request for assistance on installation a simple example on how to use koha-restful api
18:22 oleonard Hi edu. Looks like there might not be anyone here right now who can answer that.
18:22 tcohen koha-restful?
18:22 wahanui koha-restful is now officialy in gpl v3 ;) cc kf paul_p and jared when he 'll be back
18:24 tcohen wahanui: koha-restful is also
18:24 wahanui okay, tcohen.
18:24 cait tcohen: there is also a restful api within koha
18:24 tcohen koha-restful?
18:24 wahanui somebody said koha-restful was now officialy in gpl v3 ;) cc kf paul_p and jared when he 'll be back
18:24 tcohen koha-restful?
18:24 wahanui koha-restful is now officialy in gpl v3 ;) cc kf paul_p and jared when he 'll be back
18:24 tcohen wahanui: koha-restful is
18:24 wahanui ...but koha-restful is now officialy in gpl v3 ;) cc kf paul_p and jared when he 'll be back|
18:24 tcohen koha-restful?
18:24 wahanui koha-restful is now officialy in gpl v3 ;) cc kf paul_p and jared when he 'll be back
18:24 cait wahanui forget koha-restful
18:24 wahanui cait: I forgot koha-restful
18:25 tcohen botsnack cait
18:25 cait hey
18:25 cait :)
18:25 tcohen heh
18:25 cait there is also:[…]ha_/svc/_HTTP_API
18:25 tcohen everyone knows cait is a bot
18:25 cait hmpf?
18:25 tcohen she can't be online ALL the time
18:25 cait oh riht
18:26 cait i have clones
18:26 cait but tonight all of us are very tired
18:28 tcohen heh
18:28 tcohen how can I teach wahanui another answer ot some question?
18:29 * tcohen remebered he forgot to add cover_images to the svc docs
18:30 Edward__ joined #koha
18:30 tcohen has anyone used String::Multibyte ?
18:30 Edward__ is there anyone who can help me out with this APIs from
18:31 tcohen Edward__: I think you should try earlier so the french are online
18:31 Edward__ haha...what do you mean?
18:31 tcohen cd svc
18:31 tcohen those who wrote that scripts and API
18:32 Edward__ ok thanks
18:32 tcohen clrh?
18:32 wahanui clrh is probably a little busy now, I can send you the zeno mail and some information about this
18:33 oleonard wahanui: forget clrh
18:33 wahanui oleonard: I forgot clrh
18:35 tcohen wahanui koha-restful is
18:35 wahanui OK, tcohen.
18:45 * tcohen found bug 9579 interesting, does anyone have a MARC record with multi-byte strings?
18:45 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9579 major, P1 - high, ---, fridolyn.somers, Failed QA , Incorrect display of UNICODE symbols in 'Refine Search Results'
18:48 cait hm
18:48 cait i have seen that too
18:48 cait with just normal umlauts
18:49 tcohen @later tell paul_p do u at biblibre have plans to work on using Zebra's facets?
18:49 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
18:49 cait ah forget what i said
18:49 cait not seen that
18:50 cait tcohen: did you notice the example records on the bug?
18:50 * tcohen is ashamed
18:52 * cait sends cookies
18:58 rangi be rangi
18:58 wahanui There's a bug for that
18:58 rangi be rangi
18:58 wahanui There's a bug for that
18:59 cait morning rangi
19:00 rangi hi cait
19:00 tcohen morning rangi
19:00 mtompset Does anyone have some sample MARC data with a 999$c in it?
19:09 meliss joined #koha
19:10 Joubu left #koha
19:23 rambutan joined #koha
19:25 edveal joined #koha
19:25 edveal Hello
19:25 oleonard Hi edveal
19:26 rangi hi edveal and oleonard
19:27 rangi hi tcohen
19:27 tcohen hi ther!
19:28 rangi tcohen: have you heard from bernardo lately, is he ok?
19:28 rangi and thank you very much for the email, emma was very excited to get mail from argentina
19:28 tcohen that was my intention
19:29 cait gmcharlt: still around?
19:30 jatara you're from argentina? koha truly is global.
19:31 rambutan rangi: the filiming of the Avatar sequels was on the 'net lately. Filming to be done in NZ. Will any of it be anywhere near you?
19:31 rangi well yes
19:31 rangi its pretty much all green screen tho
19:31 rambutan ic
19:31 rangi but all in and around wellington
19:32 rambutan cool
19:32 rangi plus all the rendering etc
19:32 cait rambutan nz is small... everything is near :P
19:32 rambutan maybe you can be a extra?
19:32 * cait hides from rangi
19:33 * cait goes to qa..
19:36 rambutan rambutan tries to picture rangi as a blue person controlling some 22nd century security application by using mind control
19:37 rangi heh
19:38 francesca joined #koha
19:40 cait good morning academy students :)
19:41 cait bug 11543 passed qa
19:41 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11543 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, chris, Passed QA , Increasing test coverage for C4::Category
19:41 t-houlks joined #koha
19:42 rangi yay
19:42 tcohen how can I append a usmar record to another?
19:44 alexh joined #koha
19:45 Roman_ joined #koha
19:50 tcohen new dependencies?
19:50 wahanui new dependencies are optional.
19:50 tcohen add new dependencies?
19:52 tcohen does anyone have pointers to docs explaining how to add new dependencies (the good way)
19:53 cait maybe check how the last one was added?
19:53 cait probably dbi
19:53 rangi check its packaged for debian
19:53 rangi if not, email robin to warn him
19:53 rangi then just add it to
19:53 cait rangi++ :)
19:53 cait ... and add a wiki page on how to add new dependencies for the developers handbook
19:53 tcohen C4::Installer::PerlDependencies
19:53 rangi that
19:54 rangi debian control file is built from that
19:54 cait debian/control something?
19:54 * tcohen likes documenting stuff
19:54 rangi no
19:54 cait ah
19:54 rangi never edit debian/control
19:54 cait oups
19:54 rangi by hand
19:54 rangi there is a script to generate it
19:54 tcohen i'm about to post a fix for the facet encoding problem
19:54 gmcharlt yeah, we ought to drop debian/control from the repo
19:55 gmcharlt cait: what's up?
19:55 rangi sweet
19:55 rangi bug 11543
19:55 cait just wondering if you could help with that last patch i pqa
19:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11543 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, chris, Passed QA , Increasing test coverage for C4::Category
19:55 cait :)
19:55 rangi :
19:55 cait so we can make all the academy students happy
19:55 rangi hmmm my shift key is being annoying
19:55 cait so what did you want to type?
19:56 rangi cant type it
19:56 rangi bbiab
19:59 jcamins gmcharlt: the problem with dropping debian/control from the repo is that it is required for people to build packages, which can be done on machines that can't generate debian/control.
19:59 merllissia joined #koha
19:59 tcohen bug 9579
19:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9579 major, P1 - high, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Incorrect display of UNICODE symbols in 'Refine Search Results'
20:02 aleishaa joined #koha
20:02 gmcharlt jcamins: what class of machine that would be used for packaging cannot run debian/list-deps ?
20:02 jcamins gmcharlt: any machine with Ubuntu or Wheezy.
20:03 jcamins Presumably Mint, too.
20:04 tcohen gmcharlt, jcamins: how can I add a usmarc record to t/db_dependent/data/marc21/...biblio...?
20:04 jcamins tcohen: just append to the file.
20:05 gmcharlt tcohen: just use cat
20:05 tcohen thanks
20:05 edveal Question about hard due dates. If there is both a "loan period" and a "hard due date" which takes precedence.
20:05 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 11543: (followup) add one more test <[…]438225f287c61dcfc> / Bug 11543: Increasing test coverage for <[…]2cf6c6f0c1301e063>
20:06 cait edveal: i would do a quick test, my guess is hard due date
20:08 MrAgent075 joined #koha
20:10 gmcharlt jcamins: expand on that, if you would? I see no relevant bug reports, and since list-deps is essentially a fancy wrapper for apt-file, I don't see an immediately obvious reason why it wouldn't work on Ubuntu
20:10 edveal cait, I tested and the hard due date will take precedence over a loan period. thanks
20:10 gmcharlt I grant that it list-deps is s. l. o. w.
20:11 jcamins gmcharlt: because of changes in what packages are called, you'll end up with a control file that won't work on different versions unless you use Squeeze.
20:11 jcamins At least, that's what I found.
20:12 jcamins I haven't tried in a while, though. I tried to figure it out when I was starting as RM, but couldn't, even with some help from eythian, so I gave up and declared that this was what packaging maintainers were for.
20:13 jcamins But that's why I'd be sorry to see debian/control go.
20:15 gmcharlt jcamins: thanks for the history; I'll chat with eythian at some point
20:32 tcohen bye #koha
20:35 francesca joined #koha
20:35 Roman_ joined #koha
20:36 aleishaa joined #koha
20:36 t-houlks joined #koha
20:36 alexh joined #koha
20:36 merllissia joined #koha
20:37 emmah joined #koha
20:37 oleonard Hi Catalyst folks
20:42 rambutan they must have a script
20:47 daniel_ joined #koha
20:48 pastebot "francesca" at pasted "css fix for hero unit" (22 lines) at
20:50 * wizzyrea waves to francesca
20:50 wizzyrea (I'll be down in a little bit)
20:59 * francesca waves back
21:09 MrAgent075 joined #koha
21:09 cait left #koha
21:27 eythian gmcharlt: you invoked my name
21:28 gmcharlt eythian: the general question is whether debian/control can be remove from the Koha repo and just always generated from
21:28 gmcharlt jcamins expressed concerns that that might not work for those trying to buld packages on Wheezy or Ubuntu
21:28 eythian gmcharlt: yes. In fact, the package-based translation stuff does exactly that I think.
21:29 eythian If you're building your own packages, you probably should be generating that file on a machine that matches what you'll be deploying on anyway.
21:30 tgoatley joined #koha
21:34 NateC joined #koha
21:36 wizzyrea MIT licence is cool for inclusion in Koha eh?
21:36 wizzyrea i.e.\
21:36 wizzyrea ok that url won't work
21:37 wizzyrea this one will
21:38 eythian wizzyrea: I think so
21:40 gmcharlt it's fine -[…]e-list.html#Expat
21:40 wizzyrea @later tell oleonard, because... retina displays. Not that I care personally about retina displays but apparently this is important to some people.
21:40 huginn wizzyrea: The operation succeeded.
21:40 wizzyrea sweet thanks gmcharlt and eythian
21:41 wizzyrea sprites... in fashion, out of fashion.
22:03 MrAgent075 joined #koha
22:04 francesca can anyone help me with this promblem? I'm working on a file trying to make it more accessible, and when I run the wave toolbar it keeps coming up with this error: A form <input>, <select>, or
22:04 francesca <textarea> does not have a
22:04 francesca corresponding label. (Note: Labels are not required for image, submit, reset, button,or hidden form element types.)
22:05 francesca the promblem is that the error is referencing an area that is in a separate Java script file, which is working fine so there at all.
22:12 dcook joined #koha
22:18 eythian is the JS generating the HTML?
22:18 wizzyrea also which file?
22:18 MrAgent075 Hold on a sec...
22:20 MrAgent075 @eythian: The JS is generating the 'stars rating thingee'.
22:20 huginn MrAgent075: downloading the Perl source
22:21 MrAgent075 @wizzyrea: Look in <-- the javascript star rating is in there...
22:21 huginn MrAgent075: downloading the Perl source
22:21 eythian so it might be that it's generating HTML without labels (at a guess.)
22:22 MrAgent075 Quite possibly, also, it was pretty weird when the WAVE toolbar was suggesting that radio buttons should have been positioned there... Mind you, that was only a Yellow Warning. I think it was expecting some #olskool code I suppose....
22:25 wizzyrea oh, it's seeing the stars as inputs
22:25 wizzyrea which isn't wrong
22:25 wizzyrea because they are.
22:26 francesca ok. Is there anything I could do to fix the issue or just leave it as is
22:29 papa joined #koha
22:31 nengard joined #koha
22:31 * wizzyrea ponders
22:32 wizzyrea it's an optional feature
22:35 jcamins Also, I think there is a problem with the star ratings JS and it's going to have to be changed to use a different library eventually anyway.
22:36 wizzyrea ^ with that information, I'd just leave it
22:36 jcamins You can check with oleonard, but I'm pretty sure last I heard the star ratings JS was still the old library.
22:37 jcamins Bug 10659
22:37 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10659 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Upgrade jQuery star ratings plugin
22:38 rambutan joined #koha
22:41 francesca ok thanks!
22:47 mrx joined #koha
22:49 francesca chris this is the link I pasted earlier
22:49 rangi ta
22:51 rangi hows that look now?
22:52 janPasi joined #koha
22:55 francesca its working in chrome now
22:57 * wizzyrea confirms chromium
22:59 francesca yaay!
23:02 pastebot "francesca" at pasted "border radius fix" (9 lines) at
23:04 Roman_ joined #koha
23:06 francesca the border radius isn't working because this is running in the CSS file on line 5747: .hero-unit {padding: 60px; margin-bottom: 30px; background-color: #eeeeee; -webkit-border-radius: 6px;-moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius: 6px; }
23:06 edveal left #koha
23:07 francesca the border radius in the css file is overwriting what we put into the HTML file
23:17 francesca you are looking for code on line 4420 of bootstrap.css
23:18 francesca change the colour to be whatever you want for the hover over
23:18 wahanui francesca: that doesn't look right
23:18 wahanui joined #koha
23:18 wizzyrea shh wahanui.
23:20 tcohen joined #koha
23:22 dac joined #koha
23:27 tgoatley joined #koha
23:43 eythian wahanui: shh wahanui is <reply>I'M EXCERCISING MY ROBOT RIGHT TO FREE DATA TRANSMISSION
23:43 wahanui OK, eythian.
23:43 dcook @seen pianohacker
23:43 huginn dcook: pianohacker was last seen in #koha 1 day, 3 hours, 40 minutes, and 49 seconds ago: <pianohacker> or qapla'berries?
23:43 dcook pianohacker++
23:43 dcook eythian is a robot?
23:43 eythian negative
23:44 dcook This isn't the droid I'm looking for?

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary