IRC log for #koha, 2013-04-22

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:10 tcohen joined #koha
00:11 dcook jcamins: How long have you been wokring on it now?
00:11 * dcook waves to tcohen
00:11 tcohen hi dcook
00:11 jcamins dcook: since February 8.
00:12 dcook 2 months...20 years...
00:12 dcook ;)
00:12 jcamins dcook: they're similar... right?
00:13 dcook You must type really quickly?
00:13 jcamins lol
00:14 jcamins You betcha!
00:40 papa joined #koha
00:49 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_9984' into 3.14-master <[…]20f0867bb8453713b> / Bug 9984: Remove server-side sort on the hold ratios table <[…]904cb3da4a0197768>
00:56 jenkins_koha Starting build #9 for job Koha_3.12.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
01:00 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_9588' into 3.14-master <[…]c71b8373a5d26a6b5> / Bug 9588: weighted search query with index <[…]d7d631223b399ce5b>
01:07 * dcook is looking at serials cataloguing in MARC
01:07 dcook Die, MARC! Die!
01:08 dcook Completely unnecessarily esoteric...
01:16 mtompset joined #koha
01:16 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
01:16 * dcook wonders how often libraries actually use 853/863 pairs...
01:16 * dcook waves to mtompset
01:17 mtompset Greetings, dcook.
01:17 mtompset Have you ever added a system preference before?
01:17 jcamins In bibs? Never.
01:17 jcamins In holdings? All the time.
01:17 jcamins system preferences?
01:17 wahanui somebody said system preferences was[…]ystem_Preferences
01:18 mtompset I'm beginning to read that.
01:18 mtompset I wanted to take these patches by biblibre
01:18 mtompset[…]036101ba6a0903ecb
01:18 dcook mtompset: It should tell you all you need
01:18 mtompset and attempt to get them into my git test system.
01:19 mtompset I must have done it wrong, because I'm getting a web installer step 3 loop.
01:19 mtompset And yes, I realize the patches are for 3.6.x, which is part of the problem. ;)
01:20 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_9523' into 3.14-master <[…]84fd5900f575b78f4> / Bug 9523: importing staged bib records hangs if a matched bib has been deleted <[…]07ea56b3ea89e437b>
01:21 edveal joined #koha
01:25 edveal left #koha
01:25 jcamins mtompset: those aren't for 3.6.x.
01:25 jcamins They're for 3.0.6.
01:26 mtompset
01:26 mtompset I thought that is 3.6.8?
01:26 jcamins They made up their own version numbering system.
01:27 jcamins Those patches will apply again 3.0.x, or maybe, if you're lucky, 3.2.x.
01:29 mtompset does that tag even exist in git still?
01:29 jcamins Of course.
01:29 jcamins But most likely that will depend on other BibLibre work.
01:34 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.12.x build #9: SUCCESS in 38 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.12.x/9/
01:34 jenkins_koha Jonathan Druart: Bug 9984: Remove server-side sort on the hold ratios table
01:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9984 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , The hold ratios table uses a server-side sort
01:34 wizzyrea all of the history exists in git :P
01:34 jenkins_koha Starting build #1145 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
01:37 mtompset I'm about to find out... I found my mistake, and have gotten my attempt at patching up and not looping. :)
01:38 mtompset Sweet... we have system preferences added. :)
01:50 mtompset Okay... fixed my .tt error.
01:51 jcamins Ummm...
01:51 mtompset I think I almost have this set of patches integrated inot my test git. :)
01:51 jcamins The patch you shared a link for was not for TT at all. You know that, right?
01:51 mtompset Yes, I did a translate guess. :)
01:52 mtompset I forgot to add a [% END %] in.
01:53 mtompset Because this patch really looks like it could solve what I need, if I can get it to work, and then tweak it for SAML 2.0 :)
01:53 mtompset Default apache2 settings = good. :)
01:54 dcook Mmm
01:54 * dcook just took a look at the git
01:54 mtompset It's an OLD version, for sure. :)
01:55 dcook Are you going to submit a patch when you get it up and running?
01:55 dcook We're doing some work with Athens authentication. Once we get it up and running, we're going to put together a patch
01:55 mtompset If I do get it up and running, yes. But I think I should probably comment somewhere about it gratuitously lifted from biblibre. :)
01:56 dcook Attribution is always a good idea
01:56 mtompset Any ideas on how to do that? As a comment in the patch? perhaps a Sponsored-By?
01:57 jcamins mtompset: a note in the commit message.
01:58 mtompset Okay. Sounds good.
01:58 * mtompset is happy that I got it to start. Tomorrow, I'll be happy if I can get some tests out of it. :)
01:59 dcook :D
02:01 mtompset Of course, to properly test, I'd need to set up all the forms of authentication possible to make sure I haven't broken anything else.
02:01 * mtompset grumbles about testing being so hard and tedious.
02:02 wizzyrea mtompset - cjh may know of a script to automagically convert any HTP -> TT
02:02 * wizzyrea doesn't know the details, but knows that all of koha was done this way at one point
02:02 mtompset There wasn't enough to require one. The changes were pretty obvious, I think.
02:02 mtompset But thanks for the suggestion.
02:03 wizzyrea just to keep in mind if you plan to rescue any more kittens
02:04 tcohen joined #koha
02:04 * wizzyrea waves to tcohen
02:04 tcohen hi wizzyrea
02:04 tcohen already monday, right?
02:04 bshum joined #koha
02:05 mtj mtompset, fyi: there is current shibby bug (with a different patch) too… bug 8446
02:06 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8446 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Shibboleth authentication patch
02:06 * mtj waves to mtompset, wizzyrea , tcohen, dcook
02:07 tcohen that patch is an interesting one, it relies on mod_shib and uses ENV info to fix stuff on the koha side
02:07 tcohen i wonder if there should be a tighter integration still
02:07 * wizzyrea gives tcohen a highfive re: bug 9894
02:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9894 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Master , 'hidden' value is hard to understand in frameworks
02:07 tcohen hey, i love that one
02:07 mtompset mtj -- I saw that, but I liked the biblibre one better.
02:08 tcohen hi mtompset
02:08 mtompset Greetings, wizzyrea tcohen jcamins dcook mtj. :)
02:08 mtj mtompset, good stuff… :)
02:08 mtompset Notice the last comment on it. ;)
02:08 wizzyrea hiyas everybody :)
02:09 mtompset It points to the biblibre one and has a bit of a comparison.
02:09 wizzyrea highfive!
02:09 wahanui gimmie six!
02:09 wizzyrea hehe
02:09 wizzyrea highfive is also o/*HIGHFIVE*\o
02:09 wahanui okay, wizzyrea.
02:09 jcamins The patch on 8446 depends on Apache, as far as I can tell, which makes it a non-starter IMO.
02:10 mtj hey tcohen, ive been thinking… since the gpl3 license change, we can now include Tamil's zebra indexer in koha
02:10 tcohen there's that moose discusion mtj
02:10 * mtompset ducks for cover as he expects tcohen to secretly be jumping for joy. ;)
02:10 * mtj hasnt looked at that indexer bug in a while… ^^
02:11 mtj aaah yes - moose...
02:11 tcohen but as it has to do with the indexer only... not CGI scripts...
02:11 * tcohen thinks mtompset is right
02:12 mtj tcohen, but hey - a moose (or moo) dep for the indexer, is still do-able?
02:14 mtompset Didn't a few months ago, some time last year, we discuss the idea of using moose vs moo vs mouse vs perhaps something else?
02:15 tcohen we didn't reach an agreement
02:15 tcohen i recall jcamins telling that once we are full plack-compliant we can choose anyone
02:16 mtompset Well, I thought we at least agreed on using moose compatible style, as other things like class::dataaccessor? which is already used, has a compatibility mode to it.
02:16 tcohen at UNC we need bug 8773
02:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8773 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Add per-instance koha-index-daemon in .deb setup
02:16 jcamins We didn't really agree on anything, no.
02:17 jcamins Other than that I wasn't going to discuss it until we had Plack compatibility.
02:17 wizzyrea oo yea
02:18 mtompset So that begs the question... is there an ETA on plack-compliance/compatibility/whatever?
02:18 jcamins No.
02:18 tcohen speaking of which, can we document those patterns that are not-plack-firendly?
02:19 jcamins By all means.
02:19 jcamins I will summarize, you may document. :)
02:19 tcohen if that happens in an email or wiki for, I can document it
02:20 jcamins tcohen: file-level variables.
02:20 tcohen (i always manage to loose my IRC/chat history)
02:20 mtompset documentation is good. Nicole Engard is the queen of documentation writing. :)
02:20 tcohen jcamins: you're talking about CGI scripts, right?
02:20 jcamins tcohen: *any* file-level variable.
02:20 tcohen what about them?
02:21 jcamins They are not compatible with Plack.
02:21 jcamins Well- they are fine in files with no subroutines.
02:21 tcohen you mean global variables?
02:21 jcamins Those are mostly just bad form.
02:22 jcamins But my variables at a file-level cannot be accessed in subroutines.
02:22 jcamins Subroutines in .pl files cause problems.
02:22 tcohen so, no subroutine should be using global variables
02:22 jcamins All caching.
02:22 jcamins Right.
02:22 tcohen that should be in the coding guidelines
02:22 jcamins I think it is.
02:22 jcamins Somewhere.
02:24 mtompset Isn't "our" variables okay?
02:24 tcohen i'll try to set plack on a dev VPS to see if I can get some patterns to look for
02:24 tcohen I still don't fully get it
02:24 jcamins our variables work, sometimes, but don't get updated ever.
02:24 jcamins So they're dangerous too.
02:25 * tcohen likes cs theory a lot, but is mostly sample-driven
02:26 tcohen wahanui: every important architectural discussion is delayed until we are plack-compatible
02:26 wahanui OK, tcohen.
02:26 jcamins Printing to stdout is also a problem.
02:26 jcamins As are explict exits.
02:27 jcamins *explicit
02:27 * tcohen opens kate to take notes
02:27 * dcook 's eyes perk up
02:27 dcook Explicit exits are bad?
02:27 dcook Even after re-directs?
02:27 jcamins Mostly, yeah.
02:27 jcamins They do weird things to the headers under Plack.
02:28 dcook Hmm, good to know
02:28 * dcook was going to send a patch with a bunch of exits after re-directs, as  aooarebtky older versions of IE sometimes have issues where they try to do a re-direct that doesn't have an explicit exit afterwards
02:28 dcook aooarebtky = apparently*
02:28 dcook apparently...
02:29 jcamins There's a way to make it work safely.
02:30 jcamins But I don't know it.
02:30 jcamins rangi might.
02:32 tcohen jcamins, don't u think a wrapper could be seen as an adaptor?
02:32 tcohen that could be used to the PSGI move
02:33 jcamins Plack is already a CGI wrapper.
02:33 jcamins I mean, the way we used it.
02:33 jcamins *use
02:35 tcohen right, we use some plack stuff that makes a CGI app work on plack
02:36 tcohen we have to do a rewrite sprint, where we tackle on some X script, and rewrite it to be perfect for Plack
02:36 tcohen then we learned those patterns that should be avoided
02:37 tcohen and can work on fixing all the scripts
02:38 jcamins The problem is that no one has the time to do that.
02:39 wizzyrea ah I think you mean "it's not a priority for anybody"
02:39 wizzyrea because if it was, there would be time.
02:39 dcook wizzyrea++
02:39 tcohen i think is a bit of both
02:40 rangi wtf is non-preferred terms?
02:40 jcamins rangi: see-from
02:40 dcook rangi: This is a library thing?
02:40 tcohen because (in my personal case) as I don't know the complexity of the task
02:40 rangi 'The ability to use non-prefered terms in searches'
02:40 dcook Yeah
02:40 jcamins Yes, we do that.
02:40 tcohen i cannot measure the time needed to do it
02:40 rangi yay thanks
02:40 jcamins See bug whatever-bug-it-was-I-implemented-it-in.
02:40 dcook hehe
02:41 cjh mtompset: afaik; you have to be careful with 'our' variables as they are not re-initialized between sessions (different users being served by same thread), so it is possible that one session's state 'bleeds over' into another.
02:42 tcohen jcamins, if we had this sort-of documented, we could evaluate if it is do-able, or if we can get students for example that want to get involved in a FOSS project, I'm not sure
02:42 jcamins tcohen: the problem is that documenting would take a lot of time from someone who doesn't have it.
02:42 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1145: SUCCESS in 1 hr 8 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1145/
02:42 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 9984: Remove server-side sort on the hold ratios table
02:42 jenkins_koha * Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 9588: weighted search query with index
02:42 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 9523: importing staged bib records hangs if a matched bib has been deleted
02:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9984 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , The hold ratios table uses a server-side sort
02:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9588 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Master , weighted search query with index
02:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9523 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Trying to import staged marc records where a matched bib has been deleted caused the import to hang
02:42 jenkins_koha Starting build #10 for job Koha_3.12.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
02:43 tcohen understood jcamins
02:50 tcohen night jcamins
02:50 tcohen $#koha
02:51 jcamins Good night.
02:51 wahanui I watch you sleep.
02:52 mtompset Have a good day (24 hour period), everyone.
02:52 dcook jcamins: I see a "see also" patch but no "see" or "used for" patch
02:52 dcook bug 3462
02:52 wahanui hmmm... bug 3462 is ready for sign off.
02:52 jcamins dcook: bug 7417
02:52 wahanui bug 7417 is a good one too
02:52 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3462 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Link see also in authorities
02:52 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7417 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, RESOLVED FIXED, Include alternate forms from authorities in bibliographic searches
02:52 jcamins That's scary.
02:53 dcook Ahh, darned keywords
02:53 jcamins I remembered it without any searching.
02:53 dcook That IS scary
02:54 dcook I can still recall member numbers from a co-op job I worked...
02:54 dcook 7-10 years ago
02:54 jcamins lol
02:54 jcamins That's worse.
02:54 dcook Well, they were only 4 digits as well ;)
02:54 dcook And I only recall the regulars
02:54 dcook Phone numbers from childhood..
02:55 dcook Now what was I just doing...
02:55 jcamins Well, yeah, but those make more sense.
02:55 dcook Right!
02:55 dcook I suppose
02:56 dcook So... how does one go about proposing a change to a bug
02:56 dcook bug 8236
02:56 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8236 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha, Failed QA , Prevent renewing if overdue or restriction
02:56 dcook I failed it because it didn't apply the code consistently
02:56 wizzyrea make a comment on it saying what you want
02:56 dcook But I think it would make more sense to separate this into two different bugs anywhere...
02:56 dcook Although that might just be because I have a patch to prevent renewing for restriction
02:57 dcook Renewing for overdues is more complex
02:57 dcook And not my priority ;)
02:57 dcook wizzyrea: So comment and submit a patch just for the restriction part?
02:57 wizzyrea or create a new bug, and link them
02:58 wizzyrea up 2 u really
02:58 dcook Cool beans. I just wanted to ask to see if there was an established procedure
02:58 wizzyrea comment on the original, saying "I think this is two bugs and I've filed another one for just this part"
02:58 dcook Sounds good : )
02:58 dcook I think that makes sense
03:20 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.12.x build #10: SUCCESS in 37 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.12.x/10/
03:20 jenkins_koha * Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 9588: weighted search query with index
03:20 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 9523: importing staged bib records hangs if a matched bib has been deleted
03:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9588 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Master , weighted search query with index
03:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9523 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Trying to import staged marc records where a matched bib has been deleted caused the import to hang
03:34 mib_gran7r joined #koha
03:34 alohabot Hi mib_gran7r, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
03:35 mib_gran7r i planned to import some data into Asort1 under acquisition, do you know which marc tag it refer to?
03:38 wizzyrea I don't think it goes in a marc tag
03:38 wizzyrea in the database it lives in aqorders
03:39 wizzyrea (which is not even remotely related to MARC)
03:40 mib_gran7r ok... :(
03:41 dcook O_o
03:42 wizzyrea hm not even a "well where should I put it" question
03:43 mib_gran7r joined #koha
03:43 alohabot Hi mib_gran7r, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
03:52 dcook Indeed
03:54 wizzyrea to which I would ask
03:54 wizzyrea the first question?
03:54 wahanui "What are you trying to do?" or "What is the goal?"
03:54 dcook Yep
04:05 mib_ybidg8 joined #koha
04:05 alohabot Hi mib_ybidg8, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
04:49 cait joined #koha
04:50 dcook hey ya cait
04:50 * dcook pats himself on the back for remembering to blog about Z39.50 and Bib-1 attributes back in February...
04:51 cait hi dcook
04:51 dcook Oh so not the type of thing you'd remember off the top of your head...unless you're Jared ;)
04:51 wizzyrea i like this late afternoon cait thing
04:51 cait :)
04:52 wizzyrea how is early morning cait?
04:53 cait hm, I think early morning cait says it all :)
04:55 mib_tm joined #koha
04:55 alohabot Hi mib_tm, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
04:55 wizzyrea lots of mibbit lurkers today :)
04:55 mib_tm Howdy! May I know what is the 'object' number in log viewer referring to?
04:56 wizzyrea depends on what you are looking for
04:56 wizzyrea the first question?
04:56 wahanui "What are you trying to do?" or "What is the goal?"
04:56 wizzyrea :)
04:57 mib_tm I'm looking at the log for circulation. It shows the transaction of date, time, librarian, action, etc. Just wondering what is 'object'?
04:57 wizzyrea in that case probably the itemnumber or biblionumber
04:58 wizzyrea not totally certain which
04:58 wizzyrea but one of those
04:58 wahanui rumour has it one of those is entirely extraneous
04:58 cait the borrower i think
04:58 cait I had looked at that yesterday for an exaple
04:58 wizzyrea oh, borrowernumber
04:58 wizzyrea there you go :)
05:26 eythian hi again
05:28 * dcook waves to eythian
05:29 dcook "Note: Because of the way data is being normalised, all text field scans must be entered in upper case. Currently, subject headings must be scanned with no hyphens between subfields, just one space. Scans on text fields thatreturn extremely long headings will cause an error message to be displayed. Scans on Personal name and Corporate name are being directed to the keyword index (Dec 2004). Add @attr 3=1 to overcome this problem."
05:29 dcook Right...
05:29 dcook I think I'm starting to see why no one has written a Z39.50 interface for authority searching...
05:29 eythian what are you looking at?
05:29 dcook[…]ces/search/z3950/
05:30 dcook Trying ot figure out which Bib-1 attributes to use for authority searching
05:31 dcook Maybe I'm missing something, but their test authority DB seems a bit odd
05:31 eythian ah. Oh good, you're implementing that? We were just talking about it today and how it would be useful.
05:31 dcook Yeah, it's something we've been talking a bit about as well
05:31 dcook Today is the first day where I've started poking around
05:32 dcook This document has been great:
05:32 dcook In theory..
05:33 eythian I need to learn z39.50. I don't really want to, but I should.
05:33 eythian <-- these guys have a fairly simple but good API, I've just started writing an Android app to access it.
05:37 dcook Neato. That looks rather nice.
05:37 dcook Have you guys been thinking about doing z39.50 for authorities as well then?
05:38 eythian yeah, just came up in conversation today.
05:43 dcook Well, it's something I'm thinking of working on this week, so maybe I'll do a bug report on it, and then post up an early effort
05:44 eythian sure. We'd probably be able to help test it.
05:45 dcook Sounds good. I'd certainly appreciate any feedback I could get on it
05:45 dcook I wish that I had more test DBs though
05:46 eythian Yeah, I don't know of many. I think .au has some, possible LoC.
05:46 eythian *possibly
05:48 dcook Oooh. It does look like LoC might have an available one
05:48 dcook I'm getting strange results from NLA
05:48 eythian It's possible that NZ Natlib has one too, but I'm not sure.
05:51 dcook Hmm, not sure either
05:52 dcook I was chatting about this with jcamins recently, and I think he was saying that it's fairly uncommon to find authority DBs for z39.50
05:52 dcook But...I haven't looked extensively
05:56 cait hi eythian
05:57 eythian hello cait
05:57 wahanui hello cait are you here?
05:58 eythian heh
05:59 cait :)
06:03 mtj dcook, sadly, thats been my experience too… ^^
06:04 mtj … you need to pay LOC or NATLIB-NZ for those records, afaik :/
06:05 cait 43 bugs
06:05 mtj … NLA too, i assume
06:05 cait ugh
06:07 mtj (i would love to been proven completely wrong here, too)
06:07 dcook I haven't looked at LOC yet
06:08 dcook Definitely need a membership to NLA though
06:08 mtj hi eythian, cait
06:08 dcook cait: any idea about[…]es_Authority_File ?
06:08 dcook mtj: I think NATLIB-NZ might just serve up bib records
06:08 dcook OCLC has a test server, but you need to set up a test account with them first, so that's on the to do list..
06:09 dcook NLA only mentions NLA and OCLC as well...[…]ases/#authorities
06:11 WaqarAzeem joined #koha
06:11 dcook LOC seems open :)
06:11 dcook
06:11 dcook They have separate databases for Names and Subjects though
06:11 dcook So nothing for uniform titles and possibly nothing for meetings..
06:18 dcook Not very good attribute support though..
06:20 dcook Ohhh
06:20 dcook In the Name DB that is
06:20 dcook The Subject DB does..
06:21 dcook Hmm, I take that back
06:22 dcook It supports the attributes, but the results still don't make sense..
06:23 dcook Oh wait...yes they do
06:24 dcook I just haven't found a good source describing what MARC tags are included in which index for Bib-1 "Extension" attributes
06:27 * magnuse waves
06:28 * cait waves back at magnuse :)
06:28 magnuse :-)
06:35 dcook hey ya magnuse
06:36 magnuse kia ora dcook
06:39 dcook National Library of Israel Name Authority File could be neat..
06:42 dcook LAC was so promising until it said I couldn't authorize the Canadiana authorities..
06:42 magnuse VIAF?
06:42 wahanui VIAF is probably 100% Javascript, apparently.
06:42 magnuse wahanui: forget VIAF
06:42 wahanui magnuse: I forgot viaf
06:43 magnuse viaf is "Virtual International Authority File" at
06:43 dcook hehe
06:43 magnuse VIAF?
06:43 wahanui VIAF is "Virtual International Authority File" at
06:43 dcook Yeah, I took a little look before
06:43 reiveune joined #koha
06:43 reiveune hello
06:43 dcook I don't see how to access the DBs though
06:43 dcook salut reiveune
06:46 cait bbl :)
06:47 dcook see ya cait
06:47 * dcook wonders if is still a thing
06:49 dcook Hmm
06:49 dcook Could just query Koha I suppose...
06:49 dcook Well, zebra
06:52 magnuse dcook: what are you trying to do?
06:53 dcook I'm writing another Z39.50 interface to do authority searching
06:53 dcook But finding few databases to use for testing
06:53 dcook Library of Congress, LibrariesAustralia have been two options so far
06:54 sophie_m joined #koha
06:54 dcook Unfortunately, support for Bib-1 attributes seems a bit...spotty
06:57 dcook Hmm, Koha itself seems rather interesting in this regard too
06:57 magnuse ah, so a way to fetch authority records similar to how we fetch bib records today?
07:00 dcook Yep :)
07:02 magnuse cool!
07:02 asaurat joined #koha
07:02 dcook magnuse: Hope so :)
07:02 dcook Figuring out the right attributes to use is...interesting
07:03 asaurat hi
07:03 magnuse yay for koha in the galapagos islands!
07:04 dcook hey ya asaurat
07:07 lds joined #koha
07:09 drojf joined #koha
07:09 sophie_m joined #koha
07:09 drojf good morning #koha
07:11 dcook morning drojf
07:11 dcook Hmm, 3am in New York. I'm sure jcamins must still be awake...
07:11 drojf hi dcook
07:11 drojf dcook: if he does not answer you should probably call him ;)
07:12 dcook lol
07:12 dcook I'll just pester him tomorrow :p
07:13 * dcook thinks that he's actually starting to understand Zebra's config files
07:13 dcook The world might be ending..
07:14 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:14 drojf lol i know that feeling
07:14 gaetan_B hello
07:14 dcook hey gaetan_B
07:14 wahanui it has been said that gaetan_B is working at Biblibre and did the nice new start page together with asaurat or a fan of icons
07:15 drojf hi gaetan_B
07:15 dcook How is Iraq?
07:15 gaetan_B hi :)
07:15 gaetan_B i came back on friday dcook actually !
07:15 gaetan_B it was nice
07:16 gaetan_B i'll go back in June to give them a training and close the project
07:16 gaetan_B it seems they want me to give them a complete training in marc21 cataloging though !
07:16 dcook Power to you ;)
07:16 dcook I grilled Jared a bit on serial cataloguing earlier today
07:17 dcook Even more complex than I previously thought
07:17 alex_a joined #koha
07:20 christophe_c joined #koha
07:24 dcook Man...authorities are rather complicated...
07:24 dcook[…]ority_records.htm
07:27 dcook Also...
07:27 dcook "In practice, however, the functional complexity is limited by the uneven implementations by developers and commercial vendors."
07:27 dcook Yes! YES!
07:27 dcook Exactly!
07:27 * dcook glares at Z39.50
07:29 dcook The Bath profile is maintained by Library and Archives Canada? Hmm...
07:30 dcook Seeing as they no longer support ILL, I can't imagine the Bath profile is high on the list..
07:35 lds joined #koha
07:37 kf joined #koha
07:37 huginn GERMS!!!!
07:37 wahanui Germs originated in Germany, before rapidly spreading throughout the rest of the world.
07:37 kf back :)
07:37 * magnuse thinks MARC and all it's minions (including z39.50) should just go away
07:37 magnuse welcome back kf
07:38 kf morning magnuse :)
07:39 dcook wb kf :)
07:45 dcook Anyway, it's way past my home time
07:46 dcook Night koha folks!
08:20 kf @wunder Konstanz
08:20 huginn kf: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is 9.0°C (10:00 AM CEST on April 22, 2013). Conditions: Mist. Humidity: 95%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 30.07 in 1018 hPa (Rising).
08:20 kf brr.
08:29 Viktor joined #koha
08:30 magnuse @wunder boo
08:31 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 8.0°C (10:20 AM CEST on April 22, 2013). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 53%. Dew Point: -1.0°C. Windchill: 6.0°C. Pressure: 29.53 in 1000 hPa (Steady).
08:31 magnuse hah!
08:31 magnuse and hiya Viktor
08:31 kf hi Viktor
08:31 kf magnuse: we had 24 last week... that was so nice
08:32 * magnuse can only imagine :-)
08:35 Viktor hi magnuse and kf !
08:46 gerundio joined #koha
09:10 trea-away left #koha
09:31 sophie_m joined #koha
09:48 InfoFinder joined #koha
09:48 InfoFinder hi all..
09:48 wahanui yeah, yeah, hello, hello. Now fix some bugs for me, please.
09:48 InfoFinder we've been asked to move a school over from Musac to Koha..
09:48 InfoFinder has anyone here had experiance doing that ?
09:49 rangi InfoFinder: the trick will be getting the data out
09:49 rangi it always is
09:49 InfoFinder any hints ?
09:49 rangi can you get the data out of Musac in a sane format?
09:49 rangi like CSV
09:49 InfoFinder hope so :)
09:49 InfoFinder checking that side of things now
09:50 rangi must be an nz school if its Musac :)
09:51 rangi but yeah you have a bunch of options if you can get it out in csv
09:51 kf yeah, never heard of that :)
09:51 rangi for the bibliographic data you could use MarcEdit or you could use
09:54 InfoFinder yep - it is..
09:54 InfoFinder :)
09:54 paul_p joined #koha
09:54 rangi hi paul_p
09:55 paul_p hi rangi & everybody !
09:55 kf hi paul_p
09:58 sophie_m joined #koha
10:01 InfoFinder i think i've found how to pull the MARC records..
10:08 mtj hi InfoFinder
10:08 * mtj waves to all
10:08 mtj Joubu, ping… about?
10:10 Joubu mtj: pong
10:11 mtj heya, i just ponged your email re: qa-tool :)
10:12 Joubu mtj: answered :)
10:13 mtj ha - cool, will do...
10:13 InfoFinder ok - i have a txt file - with a list of what looks like ISBN numbers..
10:14 InfoFinder so now - select the file to stage?..
10:16 rangi hmm you will need actual MARC not just a list of ISBN numbers if you want to import it
10:17 rangi if you think it is marc, you can use marcdump to convert it to human readable format on a linux box you have MARC::Record installed on, or if you have to use windows then you could look at it with MarcEdit
10:18 InfoFinder hmm they are isbn numbers..
10:19 kf that won't be enough to feed to koha - you could use z39.50 to doanload one record after the other
10:20 kf or use some other tool to collect marc records
10:20 mtj InfoFinder, does MUSAC use/understand MARC?
10:20 mtj … and/or, does it export MARC?
10:21 mtj ah, looks like it does..
10:21 mtj[…]etail&ItemID=4448
10:21 mtj MARC Record: -> (Click here for details)
10:22 mtj thats good news :)
10:26 jenkins_koha Starting build #300 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
10:33 mtj InfoFinder, some people copy/paste a list of ISBNs to SCIS, which returns a single big MARC file
10:35 mtj ...if you have a SCIS subscription, that might work OK for you
10:35 InfoFinder which i don't - personally - ...
10:35 InfoFinder *thinks*
10:37 mtj i have written some scripts a few years ago, to something similar with SCIS, using their z39 service
10:38 mtj tho…the catch with that method is - uou dont get all your bib's holding info
10:43 InfoFinder ok.. .so need to find an isbn to marc conversion tool then..
10:46 mtj yep, basically :)
10:46 mtj ...if you are going to attempt to grab those marc rcords from the intarweb
10:47 mtj or, you could focus on grabbing them from your musac system, instead
10:47 InfoFinder trying to figure that
10:47 InfoFinder there's an mdb file that might contain everything.
10:48 InfoFinder library.mdb
10:48 mtj yep, sounds promising
10:48 mtj its just a plain old access/jet db file
10:50 InfoFinder so chances are there's a 'marc' table?
10:50 mtj you can use 'mdb-tools' to poke about within that file
10:50 mtj ->
10:58 mtj ok, off for a bit...
10:58 mtj InfoFinder, if you get stuck - pop back in the #channel sometime… :)
11:02 InfoFinder stuck - library mdb has a password :P
11:04 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #300: SUCCESS in 38 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/300/
11:04 jenkins_koha Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 9050: Use safer adelete when deleting records from Zebra index
11:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9050 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Stable , rebuild_zebra should use the adelete action so it doesn't fail when deleting a record not in the index
11:08 mtj InfoFinder, hmm, you may need to ask massey about that, 1st
11:09 mtj perhaps they can point you to a config file on your box, with the password in it, etc..
11:11 mtj … or tell you that only they know the passwd, and they wont give it to you
11:12 mtj … and they will dump your db for you, for an outrageous fee
11:15 mtj ok, now i'm reaaally off :)
11:20 jwagner joined #koha
11:47 nengard joined #koha
11:47 nengard left #koha
11:50 christophe_c joined #koha
11:59 tcohen joined #koha
12:00 NateC joined #koha
12:27 oleonard joined #koha
12:28 talljoy joined #koha
12:29 oleonard Hi #koha
12:36 kf hi oleonard :)
12:39 Callender joined #koha
12:46 drnoe joined #koha
12:46 tcohen joined #koha
12:46 oleonard Good morning druthb
12:46 druthb o/   g'mornin!
12:47 kf hi druthb :)
12:47 tcohen morning #koha
12:53 kf morning tcohen++ :)
12:53 druthb Hi, tcohen n oleonard n kf! :D
12:59 edveal joined #koha
13:01 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:09 tcohen @later tell rangi: we have new authorities elected at UNC. Next week I'll start looking for funding to get to KohaCon13. Also, i'm starting the procedure to get my US visa
13:09 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
13:10 druthb tcohen++
13:12 kf tcohen++
13:12 kf did you see there is a koha meeting this week? tomorrow even
13:12 tcohen yes kf
13:12 jcamins There's a Koha meeting tomorrow?
13:13 kf kohacon :)
13:13 jcamins On a Tuesday?
13:13 jcamins Weird.
13:14 kf i haven't set the date
13:14 jcamins I know.
13:14 jcamins But it is weird. :)
13:14 kf i might be even wrong *shrug*
13:14 kf someone should check
13:15 tcohen may 7?
13:15 jcamins Nope. You're right.
13:15 jcamins It's on a weird day.
13:15 jcamins :)
13:15 kf tcohen: that's the general irc meeting - nancy called  for one abotu kohacon :)
13:15 druthb[…]elebrities-comic/  #after jcamins laments about ie...
13:15 kf would someon be opposed tome adding a file with germany specific marc21 fields to the web installer?
13:16 kf the german web installer?
13:18 kf guess that's a no
13:18 kf :)
13:18 magnuse just do it! :-)
13:18 druthb kf++
13:18 druthb doooo eeeeet!
13:18 oleonard It would make me SO ANGRY!!!1
13:18 kf lol
13:18 tcohen druthb: lol, nice one
13:18 * druthb throws a straitjacket around oleonard before he gets out of hand.
13:18 kf druthb: you can only give me karma after I did something, notb efore
13:19 druthb wait, what?
13:19 wahanui wait, is, like, it only in items
13:19 druthb I need a *reason* to give you karma?
13:19 druthb wahanui:  botsnack cookie
13:19 wahanui thanks druthb :)
13:19 kf druthb: yep
13:19 druthb nuh-uh!
13:19 druthb kf++
13:20 jcamins kf: I think that's a great idea!
13:21 magnuse but is it marc21 if there are fields specific to germany? ;-)
13:21 kf it is
13:21 druthb oleonard:   I just can't picture you getting worked up about much of anything, you know that?
13:21 kf it's 9xx and the like
13:21 kf oly they agreedon the use nationally
13:21 * tcohen was secretly confident unit tests were candidates for headaches in bug 9819
13:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9819 minor, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Failed QA , stopwords related code should be removed
13:21 kf and as koha forgets fields that don't exist in the framework... and I don't like data loss...
13:21 jcamins magnuse: it's more like MARCeinundzwanzig.
13:22 oleonard druthb: I save that for when my kids refuse to put on their shoes. *sigh*
13:22 tcohen what's the fun kf?
13:22 druthb heh.  I got my kids past that at a young age.  At the time, we lived on a gravel drive.  "Fine, you don't wanna wear shoes.  C'mon, then."
13:22 tcohen are those numbers in german?
13:23 druthb A couple of strolls in the gravel cured them.
13:24 * magnuse makes notes about gravel
13:24 druthb Kids:  ouch!   Me: Hurry up!  Kids: but… Me: well, if you'd worn *shoes*…
13:24 druthb My kids are *good* at that line of reasoning.
13:24 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
13:24 huginn tcohen: The current temperature in Cordoba, Argentina is 22.0°C (10:00 AM ART on April 22, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 60%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 30.15 in 1021 hPa (Steady).
13:25 druthb @wunder 77098
13:25 huginn druthb: The current temperature in Morningside Place, Houston, Texas is 16.8°C (8:20 AM CDT on April 22, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 84%. Pressure: 30.07 in 1018 hPa (Steady).
13:25 kf tcohen: yep
13:26 kf einstein = one stone
13:26 kf zweistein = two stones... and so on
13:26 tcohen oh :-D
13:27 magnuse @wunder boo
13:27 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 9.0°C (2:50 PM CEST on April 22, 2013). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 62%. Dew Point: 2.0°C. Pressure: 29.47 in 998 hPa (Falling).
13:28 magnuse w00t!
13:29 * jcamins heads off for an 11am meeting on the other side of the world (aka Brooklyn)
13:29 kf save travels :)
13:29 kf safe travels?
13:29 kf safe.
13:30 kf magnuse++
13:34 kf i'd really love if someone could take a look at the marc21 frameowrk updates bgkriegel did
13:35 kf bug 9826
13:35 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9826 normal, P5 - low, ---, bgkriegel, Needs Signoff , Missing fields in MARC21 authority framework
13:35 kf bug 5858
13:35 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5858 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , Default frameworks missing many MARC21 tags
13:36 kf jcamins: hm 9819 - didn't you have the test data from jenkins somewhere?
13:36 kf maybe you could point tcohen to it?
13:40 francharb joined #koha
13:41 mtompset joined #koha
13:42 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
13:42 mtompset I thought that: warn "blah"; would go into some log file somewhere, but I can't find it.
13:43 tcohen I found that warn in a CGI writes in the /var/log/koha files
13:43 tcohen but in the .pm libs it doesnt
13:43 mtompset Okay... that explains that.
13:43 tcohen maybe you could carp instead
13:44 mtompset carp?
13:44 tcohen use Carp;
13:44 mtompset haven't used that before.
13:44 tcohen it is used in several places, but i don't know if it makes any difference thou :-D
13:45 tcohen looks like it should work
13:46 tcohen grep -l "use Carp;" *
13:46 mtompset Doing that now. ;)
13:46 tcohen i missed the -R for grep
13:46 mtompset The kohaclone directory is small enough for a grep blah `find .` ;)
13:47 tcohen :-P
13:48 tcohen hmm, db_dependent tests return the same wether zebrasrv is running or not?
13:49 tcohen (searching)
13:56 maximep joined #koha
13:58 * mtompset sighs, "Can't seem to get it to work?!"
14:03 tcohen mtompset: what's the problem?
14:03 wahanui i guess the problem is it's human beings doing it. Rebuild your indexes.
14:03 mtompset just trying to get some "print blah" type messages into my testing code to see where the problem with the patch is.
14:05 tcohen did you try carp?
14:05 mtompset yep... print STDERR "blah\n";
14:06 mtompset That at least seems to work. -- Yes, I know it is ugly.
14:06 tcohen its debugging, it doesn't need to be elegant
14:06 oleonard Why not "warn" ?
14:06 mtompset warn didn'
14:06 mtompset t
14:06 mtompset work in .pm file.
14:06 mtompset And I'm not trying to understand why.
14:08 tcohen
14:08 oleonard warn works fine for me in a .pm file. Are you sure you're looking at the right log?
14:09 mtompset I tried looking at the apache2 logs AND the koha logs.
14:09 mtompset print STDERR works for, but the new nothing comes out?!
14:12 oleonard Nice snippet from [% IF ( if_expanded_options_actually_worked ) %]
14:12 oleonard Time to maybe take that section out? :P
14:13 mtompset TimeToRefactorItIntoSomeOtherNamingConvention. :P
14:14 mtompset use blah; is basically a require blah; import blah ...;?
14:14 mtompset Right?
14:18 mtompset DOH! I'm half awake. Looking at the wrong function.
14:19 mtompset obi-one error strikes again.
14:20 * magnuse wanders off in search of edibles
14:22 * kf hopes magnuse finds some
14:26 tcohen @later tell eythian I need to add --disabled to koha-list to ease the bash-completion thing
14:26 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
14:27 mtompset Okay... broken, but in a better way. :)
14:31 libsysguy joined #koha
14:32 mtompset Greetings, libsysguy. :)
14:32 libsysguy morning mtompset
14:33 * druthb chucks Skittles at libsysguy.
14:35 mtompset Greetings, oleonard tcohen druthb. :)
14:35 mtompset -- don't want anyone to feel left out. :)
14:35 libsysguy don't make me come down there druthb
14:35 druthb hi, mtompset!
14:35 mtompset Why the skittles, druthb?
14:36 libsysguy druthb knows I prefer m&m's
14:36 druthb libsysguy:  at least I didn't use my slingshot.
14:36 druthb …and as for coming down here, "bring it, youngster."
14:36 * mtompset laughs, "A skittles vs. M&M's war?"
14:36 libsysguy its almost as old as the VIM vs Emacs war mtompset
14:36 libsysguy hehe druthb :p
14:37 * druthb got her nails done Friday, and is feeling sassy today.  Best look out.
14:37 oleonard Peanut M&Ms are superior in both flavor and projectile quality.
14:37 kf lol
14:37 libsysguy I will concede the latter point oleonard
14:38 druthb oleonard:  only if you're looking for some serious *thud*.  For a more-stinging result, Skittles.  Also, Skittles are *nasty* to eat, and make better ammo than wasting perfectly good M&Ms
14:38 oleonard Very true.
14:38 wahanui I know. That's why I said it.
14:38 mtompset Almost sounds like a Skittles commercial, "Feel the rainbow."
14:38 druthb wahanui:  botsnack Skittles.
14:38 wahanui :)
14:38 * oleonard considers maybe a Jolly Rancher...
14:38 druthb ooooh.
14:39 oleonard That would really smart.
14:39 druthb yes, it would.
14:39 mtompset jawbreakers? ;)
14:39 druthb jawbreakers have the nice aerodynamic round shape.
14:40 libsysguy jollyranchers have a fantastic sticking property when property wetted
14:40 * mtompset nods, "And probably would hurt more too -- if that is part of the goal."
14:40 mtompset That's gross, not just mean, libsysguy.
14:41 libsysguy shoot…I just proke perl
14:41 druthb If sticky was the goal, would chuck gummy bears.  or gummy worms, which are ickier.
14:41 libsysguy the bright crawlers are delish
14:41 mtompset but they don't hurt as much, and I thought the dispute was M&M's vs. Skittles.
14:42 libsysguy I knew there was a reason I was missing #koha
14:42 libsysguy :p
14:42 druthb libsysguy:
14:43 oleonard Whoa.
14:43 mtompset
14:43 libsysguy I did not think that was a gummy worm at first glance
14:43 mtompset (Skittles Gun)
14:46 mtompset 4000 calories?! Eat that over 2 days. ;)
14:47 * libsysguy loves calories
14:47 libsysguy calories don't love me back
14:51 druthb calories *love* me, as evidenced by my panoramic physique.
14:52 gmcharlt @quote random
14:52 huginn gmcharlt: Quote #164: "<sekjal> word of advice to folks: take an aspirin before reading C4/" (added by wizzyrea at 09:08 PM, November 14, 2011)
14:53 * gmcharlt is firmly of the opninon that worms are for birds!
14:53 gmcharlt ;)
14:53 gmcharlt (even the gummi ones)
14:53 druthb gmcharlt++
14:54 mtompset And trix are for kids? ;)
14:54 janPasi hi guys
14:54 janPasi i have a question:
14:55 janPasi is it enough to just change the visibility of marc subfields in the framework structure to make the fields visible in OPAC?
14:55 oleonard No
14:55 gmcharlt janPasi: in general, no
14:55 janPasi ok, i need to edit xslt or something?
14:55 kf yes
14:55 janPasi where are the xslt sheets for opac in koha?
14:57 libsysguy[…]109675bef;hb=HEAD
14:57 libsysguy ^^ janPasi
14:58 janPasi ok, found them, thanks :)
14:59 janPasi now i just need to find out which sheet is for which page :D
15:00 libsysguy are you looking to change the results page or the display single item page
15:09 asaurat left #koha
15:09 janPasi single item page is mainly what i'm after at this point
15:10 libsysguy you probably want[…]etail.xsl;hb=HEAD
15:10 clrh koha-restful is now officialy in gpl v3 ;) cc kf paul_p and jared when he 'll be back
15:10 libsysguy assuming you're using marc21
15:10 janPasi yeah, that's what i thought :)
15:11 janPasi is there a wikipage or some other documentation that explains xslt?
15:11 janPasi it seems pretty complicated
15:11 oleonard janPasi: You must travel to the planet Dagobah...
15:11 janPasi :o
15:11 janPasi what's that? :D
15:11 kf clrh: thx :)
15:12 oleonard janPasi: There you will train with Yoda, the Jedi master
15:12 kf @later tell jcamins - (17:06:57) clrh: koha-restful is now officialy in gpl v3 ;) cc kf paul_p and jared when he 'll be back
15:12 huginn kf: The operation succeeded.
15:12 janPasi oh, that easy, huh? :D
15:13 clrh thx kf
15:13 oleonard janPasi: I don't know that we have any Koha-specific documentation on it, but you can Google XSLT and get lots of resources
15:13 oleonard janPasi: I usually find that I can puzzle out how to make minor changes.
15:13 rambutan @seen paul_p
15:13 huginn rambutan: paul_p was last seen in #koha 5 hours, 18 minutes, and 31 seconds ago: <paul_p> hi rangi & everybody !
15:16 janPasi oleonard: ok, we'll see :D
15:19 paul_p rambutan i'm here if you need me
15:19 francharb` joined #koha
15:28 reiveune bye
15:28 reiveune left #koha
15:39 maximep joined #koha
15:39 christophe_c left #koha
15:40 janPasi there is a bug in dealing with subject headings in opac
15:41 janPasi for example:
15:41 janPasi[…]%20and%20su:Suomi
15:41 janPasi now if you point and click the subject(s) koha only searches with the first subject heading
15:42 janPasi if you disable xslt altogether, it works very smartly
15:42 janPasi in that case if you point and click the first subject heading, the search is done with it
15:43 janPasi if you point at the second subject heading in chain, the search is done with the first subject heading AND the second subject heading
15:43 janPasi and so on
15:43 janPasi that's the way it should do with xslt also
15:44 janPasi should i report this as a bug or is it known already?
15:51 jwagner janPasi, this is supposedly fixed -- see Bug 4276
15:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4276 critical, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, jcamins, CLOSED FIXED, "Related subjects" search doesn't work with XSLT on and chained subject terms
15:51 janPasi jwagner: oh, ok :)
15:53 gmcharlt janPasi: jwagner: I think that's a different bug from what janPasi is asking for
15:53 gmcharlt having the XSLT view of subject headings progressively build up the search string with a separate link on each subdivision would be (IMO) an enhancement to the XSLT templates
15:53 gmcharlt and a new bug could be filed as such
15:55 tcohen joined #koha
15:56 kf gmcharlt: hm maybe you can do something like that - there are several switches and this new popup feature in 3.12
15:57 gmcharlt kf: yeah, I should play around with those
15:57 kf we only have very few loc subjects in our data, so I am not quite understanding how it works still
15:59 janPasi gmcharlt: so how does it work with this bugfix?
15:59 mib_ssgz4m joined #koha
15:59 alohabot Hi mib_ssgz4m, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
15:59 janPasi gmcharlt: searches with all the subject headings?
16:01 sudhir .
16:04 tcohen what's a possible for the creation of a koha instance in a packages setup¡
16:04 tcohen s/¡/?/
16:04 tcohen s/possible/possible check/
16:04 gmcharlt janPasi: re 4276?  that patch was pushed nearly two years ago; the effect it had is what you're seeing now
16:05 khall question: what does notify_id and notify_level in the accountlines table refer to?
16:05 janPasi gmcharlt: well it still doesn't work :D
16:05 gmcharlt janPasi: like I said, what you're asking for is a different issue
16:06 janPasi i'd be happy if it did the search with all the subject heading in a chain, but it doesn't :(
16:06 gmcharlt and "does not work" is too strong of a statement -- there can be an honest difference of opinion regarding whether subdivisions shoujld get their own links
16:06 janPasi *headings
16:06 * gmcharlt rereads scrollback
16:06 janPasi well this isn't working by any standards
16:06 gmcharlt ah, hold on a second
16:07 janPasi since it just ignores most of the headings in chain
16:07 gmcharlt try turning on the TraceSubjectSubdivisions system preference
16:08 janPasi oh, ok
16:08 janPasi now it works well enough :)
16:08 gmcharlt cool
16:08 janPasi i'd still prefer it building up progressively, but this will do for now :)
16:09 janPasi thanks :)
16:22 mtompset Oh that Federation tab on the SimpleSamlPHP page is so useful when there's a metadata problem. :)
16:24 mcooper joined #koha
16:28 kf left #koha
16:36 drnoe joined #koha
17:01 gaetan_B bye
17:33 cait joined #koha
17:33 cait hi :)
17:34 cait left #koha
17:34 cait joined #koha
17:45 edveal joined #koha
17:48 talljoy joined #koha
17:55 oleonard[…]c-detail-page.png
17:56 cait nice!
17:58 magnuse pretty!
17:58 wahanui pretty is, like, subjective
17:59 magnuse yeah, yeah...
17:59 gmcharlt oleonard++
18:07 magnuse yeah oleonard++
18:07 magnuse and packages++ btw
18:08 cait magnuse++ oleonard++ :)
18:11 talljoy joined #koha
18:13 maximep oleonard++ looks great!
18:20 oleonard Thanks everyone. It's just a start.
18:39 mtompset Well. I'm off to be a slave to my schedule. Have a great day (24 hour period), everyone.
18:41 jcamins bug 9819
18:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9819 minor, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Failed QA , stopwords related code should be removed
18:41 nengard joined #koha
18:42 jcamins @later tell tcohen I'll test Plack patches, if I'm able.
18:42 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
18:49 jcamins Could someone please look at and confirm for me whether I am right in thinking that the label should be "Fund" and not "Budget"?
18:50 cait you are probably right
18:50 cait i tihnk the only place it soudl be budget is the budgets and funds pages
18:53 jcamins I was asked about making it possible to choose between active budgets on the order receive page if more than one budget with the fund code selected for a given item is active.
18:54 cait ok let me reread that sentence
18:54 cait ah
18:54 cait yeah in general we should have a more sane way of displying it
18:54 cait it will happen when you have multiple years active
18:55 jcamins Exactly.
18:55 cait which can happend end of year
18:55 cait i would welcome a sane display
18:55 cait the other problem is hierarchies
18:55 cait we don't dipslay them nicely... but harder to do and probably not funded
18:55 cait but that owuld be a nice one
18:55 jcamins I was told that it happens around the end of the fiscal year and the beginning of the next... which means 4-6 months of the year!
18:55 cait i mean what you said will be already quite nice
18:55 cait yep
18:55 cait a lot
18:55 cait often you have orders coming in late
18:59 jcamins I was also asked about (optionally) overriding AcqCreateItem on a per-basket basis.
19:07 cait also nice
19:07 cait it will require fixing something
19:07 cait that they broke
19:07 jcamins oleonard++ # OAC + Bootstrap looks beautiful
19:07 cait in the begining when this was introduced (acqcreateitem) you ycould test it with each setting
19:07 cait and koha would do the right thing on receive
19:09 jcamins oleonard: how did you do the actions area on the right? Is that a Bootstrap well?
19:09 cait i mean the setting would only matter for ordering new baskets
19:09 oleonard No, just a styled div
19:09 cait I think since then more code depending on the setting has crept in - but it would be nice if koha would detect items that have been created
19:09 cait and act accordingly
19:10 jcamins I like that style a lot.
19:10 oleonard Trying to be CCSRish
19:11 jcamins I like that a lot better than what CCR has right now. :)
19:11 jcamins *CCSR
19:12 * jcamins was referring to the Koha theme, not a rock band from the late sixties and early seventies.
19:14 tcohen joined #koha
19:15 tcohen 『3hi
19:17 jcamins jeff: koha-restful has been explicitly licensed GPLv3+:[…]8bbcbb5e2;hb=HEAD (in case you didn't see clrh's announcement before)
19:17 nengard left #koha
20:05 kathryn joined #koha
20:12 rambutan @wunder 64507
20:12 huginn rambutan: The current temperature in Wyatt Park, St Joseph, Missouri is 17.9°C (3:08 PM CDT on April 22, 2013). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 57%. Dew Point: 9.0°C. Pressure: 29.97 in 1015 hPa (Steady).
20:13 oleonard Is the "scan index" feature active in the OPAC?
20:13 oleonard I see it in the template but no indication of how to trigger it
20:15 jcamins oleonard: no.
20:16 tcohen joined #koha
20:17 oleonard Alright, out it goes
20:18 tcohen oleonard++ for that opac snapshot
20:21 oleonard See you tomorrow #koha
20:49 Sammy joined #koha
20:50 Guest3097 Hello and good day to you all
20:51 cait hi Guest3097 ;)
20:52 Guest3097 I have been able to successfully install KOHA and created the koha instance, but I need guidance from here on
20:52 Guest3097 My koha admin page is not loading...
20:53 cait what do you see?
20:53 Guest3097 Server not available
20:53 cait hm
20:53 Guest3097 But the ip address resoves to the OPAC page
20:53 wizzyrea is apache running? mysql?
20:53 wizzyrea did you change something?
20:54 Guest3097 like what?
20:54 Guest3097 I follow the instructions as I have been advised after re-installing my server and all went on smooth up till this point
20:56 wizzyrea are you listening on the right ports?
20:57 wizzyrea is apache listening on the right ports, I mean
20:57 wizzyrea what you describe really sounds like an apache configuration issue
20:57 Guest3097 ok, on port 80
20:59 Guest3097 I use khadmin for admin page and library for opac page all configured
21:03 Guest3097 hello, I checked and it seems like apache is running, do I paste the result?
21:08 Guest3097 Hello, please I am currently looking at the apache config file for my site, I think I mixed up the servernames for the OPAC and intranet
21:08 Guest3097 intranet should be the admin page, I am correct?
21:10 trea joined #koha
21:16 NateC joined #koha
21:20 ndroftheline joined #koha
21:42 eythian_ joined #koha
21:43 cait left #koha
21:44 talljoy joined #koha
22:31 Guest3097 Hello, just to let you know that I have configured it to work with IP and I have finally complete the installation. I AM SO GLAD IT WORKS, at last
22:32 Guest3097 Thank you all for your support
22:33 BobB joined #koha
22:33 maximep left #koha
22:41 drnoe left #koha
22:42 NateC joined #koha
23:11 papa joined #koha
23:13 eythian_levin hi
23:18 trea hi eythian_levin
23:41 rambutan joined #koha
23:47 cjh
23:47 cjh currently only support paypal and bitcoin, but it is open source
23:47 wizzyrea oo cool
23:51 tcohen joined #koha
23:55 tcohen joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary