IRC log for #koha, 2013-03-21

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 tcohen joined #koha
00:01 eythian jcamins: new master packages uploaded. going to make bug/patches for the changes I had to make to get it working.
00:20 melia left #koha
00:24 eythian jcamins: bug 9880 is ready for master
00:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9880 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Passed QA , Package updates to make master build
00:27 rangi cool
00:31 eythian[…]14496725345767424
00:39 jenkins_koha Starting build #80 for job Koha_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
01:04 tcohen joined #koha
01:19 khall joined #koha
01:21 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.10.x build #80: SUCCESS in 42 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.10.x/80/
01:21 jenkins_koha Magnus Enger: Bug 9256 - Fix search for the packages
01:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9256 critical, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Pushed to Stable , Search is broken for 3.10 package-installs when marcflavour != marc21
01:38 timmytwot joined #koha
02:27 tcohen good night #koha
02:33 jcamins eythian: thanks.
02:46 eythian
04:36 WaqarAzeem joined #koha
05:35 rangi dev environment?
05:35 rangi hmm
06:03 cait joined #koha
06:24 * cait waves
06:33 * dcook waves and runs off
06:36 cait hm
07:02 another_peter joined #koha
07:04 another_peter hi, i've installed koha-common as per[…]on_Debian_Squeeze
07:05 another_peter and it says to go to the admin interface page
07:05 another_peter i've done that, after adding a hosts entry, but it just tells me that my instance is down for maintenance
07:06 another_peter I was hoping it would ask me for the password that the wiki page told me how to extract using xmlstarlet
07:07 rangi if you are seeing the maintenance page
07:07 rangi you arent seeing the admin side
07:07 rangi you are seeing the opac
07:07 rangi so probably a dns/hosts thing
07:07 another_peter ah, right.  the wiki page above doesn't really tell one HOW to get to the maintenance page.
07:07 another_peter or if it does, i have reading fail
07:08 rangi its whatever you set it to be when you set up your admin prefix or suffix when you create your config
07:09 another_peter roger.  will try that.
07:09 rangi cool
07:11 another_peter ok, tried that.  i am still not getting this.  so, there is one apache2 site defined.  in my case called "parkvale".  if I go to http://localhost, I get "It works.".  Apache default.  If I go to http://parkvale I get the OPAC.  If I go to parkvale-intra, which I think is the default suffix based on the config file on the wiki, i go back to "It works."
07:12 another_peter INTRAPORT and OPACPORT are the same in the default config on the wiki page
07:13 another_peter this is obviously not urgent, and I suspect you have more fulfilling things to do with your evening than help me :)
07:13 rangi there are no default things
07:13 rangi it will be whtever you set it to in the config
07:13 another_peter right.
07:13 another_peter there is a config on[…]on_Debian_Squeeze
07:13 rangi if you look in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/parkvale
07:14 rangi you will see what the 2 virtualhosts are
07:14 rangi yep, thats a sample (on the wiki)
07:15 another_peter right, i think i understand the problem.  thanks.
07:16 rangi no worries, good luck
07:26 another_peter sorted.  I needed to edit apache's ports.conf to tell it to listen on 8080, which is what the generated apache site config said (although not what the config file had specified).
07:27 another_peter thanks for interrupting your evening for my plebian problems :)
07:37 another_peter (i wasn't sure of the right way to suggest the relevant change to the wiki page, so I raised a work request for it, apologies if that was poor form)
07:38 paul_p joined #koha
07:46 reiveune joined #koha
07:47 reiveune hello
07:47 sophie_m joined #koha
07:52 another_peter hi
07:53 cait joined #koha
07:56 francharb joined #koha
07:56 lds joined #koha
07:57 cait good morning/bonjour #koha
08:03 laurence joined #koha
08:06 alex_a bonjour
08:06 wahanui privet, alex_a
08:13 frido_s joined #koha
08:17 matts hi !
08:21 clrh bonjour
08:27 * magnuse waves from marseille
08:31 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:31 gaetan_B hello
08:33 sophie_m1 joined #koha
08:36 christophe_c joined #koha
08:38 cait1 joined #koha
08:40 cait1 Can we get some opinions on bug 8662 please?
08:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8662 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Remove unused famfamfam icons
08:45 asaurat joined #koha
08:49 * magnuse already had hos say on 8662
08:49 magnuse s/hos/his/
08:59 gerundio joined #koha
09:06 another_peter Are there bug reporting standards somewhere?  I have created myself a bugzilla account, was just looking on the wiki to see if I should include specific things apart from the [ENH] for enhancements.
09:06 another_peter I presume a minor security improvement is not an enhancement.
09:08 cait1 nope
09:08 cait1 that would be a bug
09:08 cait1 I think
09:09 cait1[…]orting_Guidelines
09:09 cait1 some more here[…]nt-patch_Workflow
09:10 cait1 but don't get scared away, filing a bug is always good - and it can be improved if there is inormation missing or anything
09:10 another_peter cait1: thanks, that's exactly what i was looking for, I cannot imagine how I failed to find it :(
09:12 magnuse should we close ( = mark as RESOLVED FIXED ) bugs when we see they are fixed in master, or will that mess up the release tools etc?
09:14 cait1 magnuse: I am not sure, I think we marked resolved fixed in the past,so it should probably not mess them up
09:16 magnuse maybe check with jcamins, just in case...
09:25 another_peter cait1: thanks for your guidance, i have raised bug 9885 at[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9885 and it will be interesting to see if anyone agrees with me.
09:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9885 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Passwords generated by command line scripts are weak
09:25 huginn Bug 9885: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Passwords generated by command line scripts are weak
09:26 francharb joined #koha
09:27 cait1 another_peter: i have added eythian to the cc list - as he is  the creator of the koha-common scripts
09:29 another_peter cait1: thanks.  catalyst are having a bit of a "learn to commit to koha" day on Monday (NZT) and so I am getting up to speed before I attend.
09:29 cait1 ah nice :)
09:30 cait1 so you will be able to ask him in person even :)
09:34 another_peter magnuse: thanks for your comment.  do you think that my suggested length for the mysql password is adequate?
09:35 another_peter (well, suitable)
09:40 magnuse another_peter: hm, not my area of expertise...
09:41 magnuse another_peter: if you are in doubt, you might as well make it really secure while you are at it, perhaps?
09:42 another_peter magnuse: I suggested what I thought was a good compromise.  The problem does get exponentially harder as the length increases.  eythian seemed to approve my suggestions so that's good enough for me for now.
09:43 another_peter I have the code changes done.  (Obviously they are rather trivial.)
09:45 francharb joined #koha
09:50 magnuse another_peter++
09:51 * magnuse grabs bug 9883
09:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9883 blocker, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , Koha::Plugins::Base should not require koha-conf to load
10:00 another_peter thanks for your help with first ever koha bug and attempted patch, cait1 and magnuse and 3thian and r@ngi (I didn't want to alert those two so late at night).
10:46 Herwig joined #koha
10:48 Herwig Hey all question is it possible to change te appearance off the date in the opac ? ... as we use day/month/year normally in this country in koha its month/day/year ... i just had someone saying my book goes back in time ;)
10:51 Herwig found it !
10:51 Herwig thx annyhow :)
11:08 magnuse Herwig: you are welcome :-)
11:09 drojf joined #koha
11:09 drojf good day #koha
11:12 magnuse moin drojf
11:12 drojf hei magnuse
11:12 drojf how's the hacking going?
11:12 magnuse the smell of cheese is starting to spread around the biblibre office...
11:13 magnuse the hacking is good - lots of bugs moving along
11:13 drojf cheese… that is the moment where i am not sad i could not come :D
11:15 drojf oh, needs signoff down to 67 :)
11:16 magnuse yup!
11:16 magnuse lots of failed qa, but i still call that progress
11:17 drojf of course. nobody is unfailing them before they know about it :)
11:22 jajm dpavlin:
11:25 jwagner joined #koha
11:42 jcamins magnuse: please close and resolve.
12:20 mtj joined #koha
12:21 oleonard joined #koha
12:22 oleonard Hi #koha
12:37 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:38 * oleonard will have to appeal for help diagnosing the UNIMARC issue with Bug 9757
12:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9757 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Make staff client list contents view more like search results
12:41 chris_n joined #koha
12:45 edveal joined #koha
12:50 Viktor joined #koha
12:53 tcohen joined #koha
12:56 tcohen morning
12:57 tcohen left #koha
12:58 tcohen joined #koha
12:58 Viktor morning tcohen
13:05 paul_p joined #koha
13:07 gaetan_B joined #koha
13:15 cait joined #koha
13:16 NateC joined #koha
13:18 magnuse jcamins: cool, thanks
13:26 cait we are back :)
13:26 oleonard welcome back!
13:26 wahanui cait abducted me.
13:27 cait I did what?
13:27 cait hi oleonard :)
13:31 * magnuse wonders how hard it would be to add autocomplete on the instance names to the koha-* scripts provided by the packages
13:34 tcohen i've thought of it magnuse
13:35 magnuse me too :-)
13:35 magnuse probably easier to do if the scripts were perl, not bash?
13:36 tcohen the main problem would be having bash-completion as dependency
13:36 tcohen i think its really easy to do right
13:36 tcohen now
13:37 cait jcamins: can you take a look at 9883 maybe? not sure how to proceed there
13:37 tcohen bug 9883
13:37 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9883 blocker, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Signed Off , Koha::Plugins::Base should not require koha-conf to load
13:40 cait and hi tcohen btw :)
13:40 tcohen hi cait
13:40 jcamins cait: if the patch works, I have no objection to it.
13:41 cait i am not sure if it works
13:41 * cait hides from khall
13:41 bag well I see files being uploaded to the test FTP server for edifact - so some people are uploading files :)
13:41 cait I think i will have to add a cpan dependency to make it work
13:41 jcamins cait: I think eythian packaged it.
13:41 cait bag: i think zeno commented on the bug earlier :)
13:41 bag yeah I saw
13:41 jcamins And if the dependency is the only problem, I'm leaving it in.
13:42 cait seems he is testing from italy now :)
13:42 cait koha_community++
13:42 jcamins I don't think that the patch will work from a functional point of view.
13:42 gaetan_B the group pictures of the hackfest we just took are here :
13:42 cait jcamins: ah cool - I will check if I can get it from koha repo
13:42 cait jcamins: magnuse tested it successfully
13:43 marcelr joined #koha
13:44 marcelr biblibre_hackfest++ for all those bugs moving around
13:44 cait hi marcelr :)
13:45 marcelr cait++ for qa :)
13:45 cait thx :)
13:45 cait trying hard to get this queue down - but with a horde of librarians being so busy here it's just not working
13:45 tcohen 3.12?
13:45 wahanui 3.12 is, like, due to be released on May 22, 2013. Master entered a feature slush on March 15, 2013, and will enter a feature freeze on March 22, 2013 and a string freeze on May 1
13:45 marcelr shame that i had so little time this week
13:48 magnuse marcelr: the week is not over yet... ;-)
13:48 marcelr :)
13:48 tcohen what does the '-8' (a.k.a. 'Flag') value means for the 'hidden' value of a subfield?
13:49 tcohen (context: frameworks)
13:49 jcamins tcohen: nothing.
13:49 wahanui it has been said that nothing is a requirement, we have guidelines though
13:49 jcamins (I'm pretty sure)
13:50 magnuse it's in the online help, i think?
13:50 tcohen i think i'll provide a patch that puts checkboxes there, and a js function to calculate the value
13:50 jcamins magnuse: "flag"
13:50 tcohen i'm done with going through the docs to find what to put there
13:51 magnuse tcohen_pissed: sounds like a great idea!
13:51 magnuse jcamins: flag?
13:51 tcohen_pissed that's what the docs say magnuse
13:52 oleonard I hope someone will post one of those group shots on Flickr with everyone's names. I see a few faces I don't recognize
13:52 jcamins magnuse: exactly. No one has any idea what "flag" means in this context.
13:52 magnuse ah, sorry, i see it now
13:52 jcamins At least, to the best of my knowledge.
13:53 cait tcohen_pissed: maybe take a look at the authorities frameworks too
13:53 jcamins The only hidden value that I can get to work consistently is 0.
13:53 cait tcohen_pissed: not sure, but I think there was something there
13:53 cait oleonard: did you find me and dpavlin? :)
13:54 oleonard cait: Yes! Judging by the pictures you two are the only ones working ;)
13:54 jcamins Where are the pictures?
13:54 cait heh
13:54 oleonard
13:54 tcohen_pissed cait, you mean in master or a while ago?
13:54 cait tcohen_pissed: thought it was in master
13:54 tcohen_pissed thanks for the pointer cait
13:55 cait you are welcome :)
13:56 jcamins Interesting.
13:56 wahanui i heard interesting was sometimes good and sometimes bad
13:56 tcohen_pissed cait: it just presents "Show all" and "Hide all" option
13:56 cait oh
13:56 cait so it#s simpler, I see
13:57 cait well I think 4 checkboxes would be nice
13:57 cait staff intranet editor collapsed
13:57 tcohen_pissed s/staff/opac/
13:57 cait marcelr: i am going to take another look at the issuingrules editing? that ok for you?
13:57 jcamins Agreed.
13:57 cait I stole the bug from your qa queue
14:00 maximep joined #koha
14:01 cait hi maximep
14:03 marcelr cait: that is fine
14:06 Irma left #koha
14:08 tcohen_pissed oleonard: who are people from first picture?
14:09 oleonard That's dpavlin and cait
14:09 * cait hides
14:10 jcamins Wait...
14:10 dpavlin evil gnomes working on Koha :-)
14:10 jcamins I see.
14:10 cait it looks like I was failing a patch at that moment
14:10 oleonard clrh in the background, and magnuse next to cait?
14:10 libsysguy joined #koha
14:11 cait yep :)
14:11 cait heya libsysguy
14:11 wahanui rumour has it libsysguy is koha's hottest developer or partying with Swedes on his deck
14:11 cait we are in France!
14:12 oleonard France++
14:12 matthewboh joined #koha
14:13 libsysguy heya cait
14:15 libsysguy hey wahanui fixed my name
14:18 jcamins libsysguy: huh?
14:20 oleonard jcamins: for a while libsysguy wasn't hot or partying anymore
14:21 cait jcamins: about 9883 - I found it fixes the roblem for me after installing the missing module from
14:22 oleonard By the way cait I don't know what the problem was with the offline circ addon but when I switched it to a different user it worked (no more 'authentication failed')
14:24 cait oleonard: oh good - I wondered what it could have been
14:24 jcamins I should update 9883, clarify that I want a follow-up.
14:24 chris_n joined #koha
14:26 Viktor joined #koha
14:30 tcohen_pissed oleonard: should we stick with using CGI::checkbox from the .pl or can we arrange things on the template to add some checkboxes?
14:30 oleonard tcohen_pissed: Are you still pissed? :)
14:30 oleonard tcohen_pissed: It's better to do form stuff in the template if you can.
14:31 tcohen_pissed i'm fine with it, but found that everything is done in the .pl for
14:31 tcohen_pissed i thought it could be some coding guideline
14:32 oleonard We already have a bug to get rid of CGI-scrolling-list, so I would think checkboxes are the same kind of thing
14:32 paul_p oleonard = today it was "cheese lunch". If you plan to come to KohaCon13, I promize i'll get some cheese for you with me ;-)
14:32 oleonard paul_p: I will be there!
14:32 tcohen Bric paul_p?
14:33 paul_p tcohen bric ? (or do you mean "brie" ?)
14:33 bag YAY cheese lunch was awesome!
14:33 bag paul_p++ for cheese :)
14:33 oleonard tcohen: I would consider it an improvement to move the checkbox-handling into the template, although I don't know the details of this particular case.
14:33 tcohen yes paul_p
14:33 paul_p tcohen there was no brie (but more than 40 different cheeses)
14:33 * oleonard sheds a tear for missing the cheese lunch
14:34 paul_p tcohen including camembert & roquefort & many odor-full cheese. the room smell strange today ;-)
14:37 tcohen heh
14:38 magnuse yeah, lunch was awesome!
14:39 oleonard DataTables doesn't fire off an event on sort? Grumble.
14:40 oleonard Hm, maybe that info was on an earlier version?
14:40 tcohen oleonard: how do I hook a checkbox to trigger some js function on value change?
14:42 oleonard With jQuery you would attach a click function and inside the function check whether the checkbox was checked or not
14:45 cait tcohen: maybe you could calculate on saving in the perl file even?
14:46 cait ah, but probably needs more of a rewrite
14:46 tcohen exactly
14:52 tcohen what is the event for checkboxes oleonard? $("input[name^='hidden_']").?
14:53 jcamins tcohen: $(...).click(function () {...});
14:53 Jesse joined #koha
14:56 oleonard Okay, so DataTables has a sort event, but it fires even if you don't have a default sort. Grumble.
14:56 oleonard tcohen: jcamins answered
14:56 jcamins julian_m++
14:56 cait Joubu++
14:57 cait bug 4354
14:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4354 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , Cannot edit existing issuing rules
14:58 tajoli joined #koha
14:59 cait woohoo :) and bug 9117
14:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9117 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Passed QA , Reports hierarchies management improvements
14:59 cait 3.12 gonna rock :)
14:59 jcamins What is the difference between a slip and a quick slip?
15:00 tcohen qslip is only checkouts
15:00 jcamins Ah.
15:00 jcamins Thanks.
15:00 jcamins khall: around?
15:01 datadoctor joined #koha
15:01 cait jcamins: quick only has today's stuff, slip is complete patron account
15:01 khall jcamins: here
15:01 jcamins khall: I'm looking at bug 9014.
15:01 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9014 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Passed QA , Add time due to slips
15:02 jcamins It looks good, but I'm not sure I understand the updated POD.
15:03 jcamins In particular, $dateonly.
15:03 oleonard Ugh, the DataTables API docs are so incomplete
15:03 jcamins I know you didn't add that, but with the addition of a time format I'm a little unsure why it still exists.
15:03 khall I'm not sure what you are asking about jcamins
15:03 khall I didn't modify the pod at all, did I?
15:04 jcamins Yeah.
15:04 jcamins You changed the function signature for output_pref.
15:04 khall nm, I see it
15:04 jcamins Sorry, should have specified where I was looking.
15:05 jcamins I'm going to push the patch regardless, but I'm trying to understand why we have $force_time *and* $dateonly.
15:05 khall $force_time can force a hour/minute format
15:05 jcamins $dateonly is orthogonal to the date format, but why aren't we just specifying "none" in the time format?
15:07 khall basically because it would have required modifying more existing code, which I tend to avoid when possible. It would have made for a larger patch
15:07 jcamins I feel like your $force_time parameter solves (or can solve) the same problem as $dateonly, but more elegantly.
15:07 jcamins Okay.
15:07 jcamins That makes sense to me.
15:07 khall I see what you mean though
15:08 khall perhaps an enhancement bug should be filed to remove $date_only from the code
15:08 jcamins Reading the POD I wasn't sure if I was missing a third dimension or not.
15:08 jcamins Yeah, I was thinking that.
15:08 jcamins Thanks.
15:08 khall I'd be willing to give it a go
15:08 * jcamins pushes 9014.
15:09 magnuse woohoo!
15:09 magnuse what is it?
15:10 jcamins bug 9014
15:10 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9014 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Passed QA , Add time due to slips
15:10 jcamins :)
15:11 rambutan joined #koha
15:12 tcohen oleonard, i have a problem with attaching the function using jQuery, the problem is that I need to know the tab that checkbox is
15:12 tcohen so it looks like i'd better hardcode the onClick stuff on each from the template, with the tab name as parameter
15:13 jcamins tcohen: no need.
15:13 jcamins $().click(function () { alert($(this).parents('.tabclass').attr('id')); });
15:13 jcamins Can you tell I've been doing this a lot? :)
15:14 tcohen heh
15:14 rambutan @seen bag
15:14 huginn rambutan: bag was last seen in #koha 40 minutes and 46 seconds ago: <bag> paul_p++ for cheese :)
15:14 cait bag is here rambutan
15:14 cait talking to paul_p
15:14 cait we are at the same table! :D
15:15 rambutan so where is this?
15:15 oleonard jcamins: FYI:
15:16 jcamins oleonard: whoah! I never heard of closest!
15:16 oleonard Yeah, I just learned about it recently. Apparently it's a lot faster in a lot of cases
15:16 jcamins This will hugely simplify vast swathes of Javascript!
15:19 paul_p jcamins = it seems you're pushing. Could you please push to git.koha-community often (someone is waiting for a "patch pushed" to test another one)
15:19 bag the more yui I see disappear - surprisingly is making me more happy :)
15:19 jcamins paul_p: sure.
15:19 jcamins Done.
15:19 paul_p jcamins thx a lot !
15:20 cait bag: rambutan was looking for you :)
15:20 bag thanks cait - found him in a PM :)
15:22 drojf1 joined #koha
15:22 jcamins Bug 9893 filed.
15:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9893 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Koha::DateUtils::output_pref should not use $dateonly parameter
15:22 jcamins That'll be for 3.14.
15:23 jenkins_koha Starting build #1093 for job Koha_master (previous build: NOW UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #1088 1 day 10 hr ago)
15:24 matthewboh Has anyone used an old Android or iPhone for a scanner!
15:25 jcamins Looks like someone attached the wrong patch to bug 9757?
15:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9757 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Make staff client list contents view more like search results
15:25 oleonard Oi!
15:25 datadoctor Hi All! Since our update to 3.10, we have a small number of patrons who have problems logging in. We originally identified a problem with the time period for sessions and changed the cronjob to a shorter time limit.
15:26 libsysguy joined #koha
15:26 datadoctor However some patrons are still reporting issues. Any idea why some could authenticate and not others?
15:26 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_9014' into 3.12-master <[…]4bce9093fd0b25fa0> / Bug 9014: Increment version number <[…]da1e26d438d3fab69> / Bug 9014 - Add time due to slips <[…]875e4bf95cb0a3c3e
15:37 tcohen jcamins, is this valid in jquery? $("#hidden_collapsed_".tab)
15:37 tcohen (using variables for selection)
15:37 jcamins $("#hidden_collapsed_" + tab)
15:37 tcohen thanks
15:39 talljoy joined #koha
15:40 jcamins Is there a good reason that the modules in the log tool are in no order whatsoever?
15:42 jcamins Yay! Bug 7241 works!
15:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7241 normal, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, Passed QA , circulation action logs record biblionumber instead of item number
15:44 bag busy two days ahead for QA's and RM :D
15:46 asaurat left #koha
15:47 jcamins bag: one day for QA.
15:47 cait bag: do we look like we did nothing the past 3? :)
15:47 bag of course not :)
15:47 bag just saying busy day
15:50 pastebot "tcohen" at pasted "After seeing this, I begin to think a bigger rewrite/DB columns patch would be better" (44 lines) at
15:51 tcohen what do u think jcamins oleonard cait
15:52 jcamins o.O
15:52 jcamins Yeah...
15:52 jcamins I think you are right.
15:53 cait bag: ;) :)
15:53 cait tcohen: I am confused :)
15:55 datadoctor Go squashers!
15:55 datadoctor You rock!
15:55 oleonard If it improves the usability of that process I don't care how verbose it is.
15:55 tcohen cait, that's the javascript calculatio of the value that is documented http://manual.koha-community.o[…]marcbibframeworks
15:55 tcohen i think its... sort of correct, but ugly
15:55 tcohen besides that, it would work
15:56 maximep is it a feature, a bug or a missing feature that a user can't do more than 1 reservation on an item  ?
15:56 jcamins maximep: feature.
15:56 wahanui i heard feature was only for 856u (under xslt) and any links in the biblio or item in normal view.. ill do the xslt for normac and unimarc too when i figure it out
15:56 jcamins I don't necessarily agree with the feature, but it is a feature.
15:56 maximep trying to estimate the time it would take to have recurring reservations. Something like every week on friday from 10 to 12
15:57 jcamins The development time?
15:57 maximep would be way easier if I could just do all the reservations without having to change anything
15:57 maximep yes
15:57 jcamins A lot!
15:57 maximep yeah... first estimated it to something like 80 hours... now I have to explain why haha
15:59 maximep any idea of why this "feature" of 1 hold per borrower was done ? of course I will read all the code
15:59 jcamins That's standard for public libraries.
16:00 gerundio joined #koha
16:00 jcamins Bugzilla is down?
16:00 maximep ok. So I could add a syspref for it. That would be a start
16:00 maximep looks like it :/
16:01 oleonard Slow, but works for me.
16:02 jcamins Definitely not working for me.
16:03 * jcamins tries again.
16:04 lds joined #koha
16:06 cait maximep: one reserve on biblio at the same time?
16:06 cait i think we got reports and patches for that in bugzilla
16:06 cait khall: around?
16:07 maximep oh cool! will look for them
16:07 khall yo
16:09 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_9403' into 3.12-master <[…]f951d69b1665c5c2a> / Bug 9403: Increment version number <[…]8191b30f280e5beda> / bug 9403 tiny follow-up to validate podchecker <[…]bed7287163a1dfeb9
16:11 khall maximep:[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7710
16:11 huginn Bug 7710: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Patch doesn't apply , multiple holds per title
16:11 tajoli left #koha
16:11 jcamins Okay, time to head into the city.
16:12 khall depends on[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9394
16:12 huginn Bug 9394: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Patch doesn't apply , Use reserve_id where possible
16:12 cait i think it would be nice to have it in circulation rules actually :)
16:12 cait but that's me :)
16:12 maximep khall: thanks!
16:13 khall np
16:13 maximep every time someone adds proper pk to the db, a kitty is resurrected :p
16:13 * oleonard would like to have multiple holds per title be configurable by item type, collection code, and patron category
16:14 khall cait: if we can get it in with the global number, we can then look at making it circ rules based.
16:14 oleonard Is DataTable date sorting always broken for date+time?
16:14 cait khall: ok :)
16:15 cait oleonard: hm I
16:15 cait I don't know actually
16:17 tcohen paul_p: good you asked, hope i was clear
16:18 melia joined #koha
16:19 frido_s see you
16:19 frido_s left #koha
16:21 sophie_m joined #koha
16:25 oleonard Shoot, I'm gonna have to actually look at the DataTables date sorting code aren't I? :P
16:27 laurence left #koha
16:30 drojf joined #koha
16:30 magnuse @later tell eythian: if you should happen to feel like fixing bug 9890 i'll sign off in ~15 hours :-)
16:30 huginn magnuse: The operation succeeded.
16:30 * magnuse calls it a day
16:30 magnuse have fun, #koha!
16:30 jcamins bug 9890
16:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9890 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Fix the new plugin system for package installs
16:32 jcamins khall: I'd really like the plugins to be working for the beta, so if you could fix 9890 and 9883 (or at least give it a try) I would be very grateful.
16:32 jcamins Also, bag, if you could test rangi's patch on a new install, I'd appreciate that as well.
16:32 * jcamins leaves
16:32 bag jcamins I did yesterday
16:33 bag oh wait
16:33 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1093: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 9 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1093/
16:33 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 9884 - Plugin permissions not added to translations
16:33 jenkins_koha * Adrien Saurat: Bug 9438: biblio notes displayed when adding order
16:33 jenkins_koha * Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel: Follow-up Bug 9438 - Biblio notes displayed when ordering
16:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9884 blocker, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , Plugin permissions not added to translations
16:33 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 9771 [Revised] Replace YUI buttons on acquisitions basket groups page with Bootstrap
16:33 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 9769 [Revised] Replace YUI buttons on acquisitions basket page with Bootstrap
16:33 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 9764 - Replace YUI buttons on authority search popup with Bootstrap
16:33 jenkins_koha * David Cook: Bug 9718 - Add POD and comments for Check_Userid and Generate_Userid subs
16:33 jenkins_koha * Sophie Meynieux: Bug 9045 : Adding --where parameter to filter what kind of borrowers to export and --separator to choose a specific caracter for patron export
16:33 jenkins_koha * Sophie Meynieux: Bug 9045 - Adding some parameters to
16:33 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 9014 - Add time due to slips
16:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9438 minor, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, Pushed to Master , Biblio notes displayed when ordering
16:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9771 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Replace YUI buttons on acquisitions basket groups page with Bootstrap
16:33 jenkins_koha * Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 9014: Increment version number
16:33 bag jcamins: is there a bug number now?
16:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9769 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Replace YUI buttons on acquisitions basket page with Bootstrap
16:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9764 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Replace YUI buttons on the authority search popup with Bootstrap
16:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9718 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Pushed to Master , Add POD and comments for Check_Userid and Generate_Userid subs
16:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9045 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, sophie.meynieux, Pushed to Master , Adding some parameters to
16:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9014 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Add time due to slips
16:33 bag YAY more YUI bits the dust
16:34 jenkins_koha Starting build #1094 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #1088 1 day 11 hr ago)
16:34 reiveune bye
16:34 jcamins Oh, one last thing.
16:34 reiveune left #koha
16:34 jcamins bag: not yet.
16:35 jcamins khall: also, could you take a look at the output on jenkins and see if you have any idea what the errors it is getting could be caused by?
16:38 bag jcamins: I will remind khall in a few
16:38 bag busy with another patch at the moment
16:55 christophe_c left #koha
16:58 oleonard Okay, so Bug 9887 is going to have to wait until we can find a date sorting algorithm that works with all date types *and* with datetimes. :(
16:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9887 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Use DataTables on circulation page
16:58 * oleonard waves his magic wand and makes everyone use ISO date format
16:59 slef oleonard: did you have any thoughts on bug 7494?
16:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7494 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mjr, ASSIGNED , Use partial barcode or callnumber as a fallback for the barcode search in checkout
17:00 slef specifically the availability search
17:00 slef I'm digging into the search code and it seems non-trivial to do
17:00 oleonard I'm not surprised to hear it. I don't have any ideas for you without digging into search code myself.
17:00 slef I feel like I may have done this before and not found a neat solution without repeating lots of
17:01 oleonard I don't know the history of the bug
17:01 slef oh it's not documented - if it was, I'd know if I'd done it before.
17:02 slef I can try putting ( ( allrecords,AlwaysMatches='' not onloan,AlwaysMatches='') and (lost,st-numeric=0) ) on the search, but I think that caused some problem
17:03 slef (the above is what the OPAC does)
17:03 oleonard I'm also not quite sure what the use case is here. For items without a barcode?
17:03 slef yep
17:04 oleonard For catalogs with multiple copies I don't know how you'd know which you were dealing with.
17:05 slef either it doesn't really matter or you should barcode them
17:05 slef but the availability is a good addition
17:06 oleonard Doesn't really matter? How would that work?
17:06 slef if it's not checked in, you probably aren't issuing it
17:06 slef multiple truly-identical copies
17:06 oleonard That hurts my brain's librarian centers.
17:07 slef Believe it or not, some libraries only care that they've got N copies and don't much care exactly which one is where or how much a particular copy is circulated because they will junk all copies after 3 years.
17:07 slef If you've a good argument why they should care, let me know, but I couldn't think of one.
17:08 oleonard I could probably think of lots of reasons but that doesn't mean they would care :)
17:08 slef Junking all copies after 3 years rather undermined my "you need to know which one is needs repair at next check-in"
17:08 tcohen jcamins, de-serializing the hidden field from marc_subfield_structure into separate values is a really big rewrite.
17:12 cait joined #koha
17:12 cait left #koha
17:14 gaetan_B bye !
17:23 slef oleonard: aha, the problem was that a book matches the onloan index if any copies are issued :-/
17:25 bgkriegel joined #koha
17:25 slef argh but if that's the case, how can the availability search in OPAC work?
17:26 slef surely this search "kw:phone and ( ( allrecords,AlwaysMatches:'' not onloan,AlwaysMatches:'') and (lost,st-numeric:0) )" should return a book if any copies are not onloan
17:31 tcohen do we have a dependency tree for C4 and Koha modules?
17:34 jcamins slef: availability search in the OPAC does not work.
17:34 jcamins Never has.
17:34 jcamins tcohen: yeah, that's why I said it should wait for 3.14.
17:34 slef jcamins: in the staff interface?
17:34 tcohen you said that?
17:35 jcamins tcohen: yes, "that's a good project for 3.14." :P
17:35 jcamins slef: it probably doesn't work in the staff client either.
17:35 jcamins In fact, I'm sure it doesn't.
17:35 jcamins Availability limits are fundamentally broken.
17:35 slef ok, I'll leave it undone in the new feature
17:36 jcamins Good plan.
17:36 slef @query availability limits
17:36 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2384 enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Add location group as search limit in OPAC
17:36 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5958 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Availability Limit with icu
17:36 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9043 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, In Discussion , Adding system preferences to control the visibility of the content on the Advanced Search page
17:36 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7167 new feature, P1 - high, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , updatedatabase improvements
17:38 oleonard Oh yeah, make that "A date sort function that works with three different date formats, each with or without times in two different formats"
17:38 oleonard No problem.
17:38 jcamins oleonard: use the added-data sort feature.
17:38 oleonard Sort on hidden data?
17:39 jcamins I don't remember what it's called, but Datatables can sort on data that's been attached to its cells in a non-CDATA sort of way.
17:44 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1094: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 9 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1094/
17:44 jenkins_koha * Adrien Saurat: Bug 7241: circulation action logs record biblionumber instead of item number
17:44 jenkins_koha * Adrien Saurat: Bug 7241 follow-up: DB changes
17:44 jenkins_koha * Adrien Saurat: Bug 7241, follow-up: viewlog link for circulation
17:44 jenkins_koha * Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 7241: Increment version number
17:44 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 9403: Material type icons not showing for XSLT default view in intranet
17:44 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7241 normal, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, Pushed to Master , circulation action logs record biblionumber instead of item number
17:44 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 9403: Follow-up: Move "Type" in XSLT result list to match OPAC result list
17:44 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: bug 9403 tiny follow-up to validate podchecker
17:44 jenkins_koha * Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 9403: Increment version number
17:44 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9403 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Material type icons not showing for XSLT default view in intranet
17:45 tcohen we will have this for 3.14, for sure
17:45 cait joined #koha
17:45 jcamins oleonard:
17:46 jcamins And then you stick the dates in @data-iso-date
17:49 slef Changes submitted for bug 7494
17:49 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7494 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mjr, Needs Signoff , Use partial barcode or callnumber as a fallback for the barcode search in checkout
17:49 slef bbl
17:51 NateC left #koha
17:58 tcohen gmcharlt: bugs for 3.14, should be tagged 3.14 or master?
17:58 jcamins 3.14.
17:59 * gmcharlt would have said master :)
17:59 jcamins Once 3.12 is branched they'll be set back to master.
17:59 * gmcharlt reflects
17:59 gmcharlt ah, right - jcamins is right, if master is being used for 3.12 bugs
18:00 jcamins gmcharlt: I guess you have to be elected before we can branch 3.12 and I can hand over the keys to the master branch to you?
18:00 gmcharlt that would certainly be a courtesy to the community
18:00 gmcharlt although, of course, branching 3.12 is a separate issue from who is currently pushing patches to master
18:01 * jcamins tries electing gmcharlt the way the pope was elected in the Dan Brown novel... cheers and shouts "Galen Charlton" in unison with everyone else in the room.
18:01 jcamins I don't think that worked.
18:02 gmcharlt why is my office suddenly full of black smoke?
18:02 jcamins Yay!
18:02 jcamins Success!
18:03 gmcharlt not from my point of view! *cough*, *cough*
18:03 gmcharlt ;)
18:04 jcamins Assuming you're elected, did you have any thoughts about when you'd like to branch?
18:04 gmcharlt preferably as soon as I'm elected, so that we can keep master flowing
18:05 * jcamins is all for that!
18:11 cait bugs means new features/enhancements?
18:11 cait I mean the ones we are seatting to 3.14 now
18:11 cait and I miht not make much sense, I apologize for htat
18:13 oleonard ...unless we knew of an existing bug which couldn't be fixed in time for 3.12?
18:13 khall joined #koha
18:13 bshum joined #koha
18:13 aquaman joined #koha
18:13 tater joined #koha
18:13 jcamins joined #koha
18:14 oleonard How is output_pref different from format_date? $it->{'dd'} = output_pref($it->{'date_due'});
18:15 jcamins I do not know.
18:15 jcamins Where is format_date defined?
18:15 oleonard
18:16 jcamins output_pref also handles time.
18:16 jcamins But I think probably C4::Dates should be updated to handle time and output_pref made into a wrapper.
18:16 jcamins (and then eliminated)
18:16 oleonard Does the KohaDates filter work now with date + time?
18:17 jcamins I don't know.
18:17 jcamins tcohen: I would accept the Javascript for 3.12.
18:17 jcamins It's definitely a bug.
18:17 tcohen alright
18:17 oleonard So that wasn't part of the new time format pref jcamins?
18:17 cait oleonard: hm not sure - I mean bugs always can be master maybe?
18:17 cait ok brb
18:17 jcamins What are we talking about?
18:18 cait oleonard: I think yes - maybe try it
18:18 jcamins I think I missed some part of this conversation.
18:19 jcamins oleonard: if you mean "will format_date respect the TimeFormat syspref?" the answer is no.
18:20 oleonard jcamins: I was wondering whether the new TimeFormat system pref also updated the KohaDates template plugin to properly format times as well
18:20 oleonard I see that hasn't changed though.
18:20 jcamins Probably not. I had the impression that it already worked properly.
18:21 oleonard Worked properly to format dates according to the dateformat system preference and times according to the timeformat system preference?
18:21 jcamins Yes.
18:22 jcamins However, I didn't test that.
18:22 jcamins I was looking for regressions.
18:23 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software Next general IRC meeting 3 April 2013 at 10:00 UTC
18:25 oleonard I don't think there's any existing instance in the templates where the KohaDates filter is used to format a datetime
18:26 jcamins So probably output_pref should be eliminated and format_date should be extended to optionally handle time as well.
18:27 jcamins Or, if we must, format_date should be eliminated.
18:27 jcamins But for 3.14.
18:28 oleonard Isn't DateUtils preferred because it's in the Koha:: namespace?
18:28 oleonard (over C4::DAtes)
18:28 jcamins Only if it is superior.
18:29 jcamins I think rangi wrote C4::Dates, which makes me automatically prefer it.
18:30 rangi that was a long long time ago, Koha:DateUtils is better
18:30 rangi ish
18:31 jcamins Okay, in that case format_date must be cleansed from the codebase with fire and output_pref used instead.
18:32 oleonard I wonder if it matters for my purposes that the (mostly) unformatted date is being output as "2009-06-22T23:59:00" instead of "2009-06-22 23:59:00"...
18:33 rangi im 99% sure the KohaDates plugin use output
18:33 rangi from C4::Dates
18:33 rangi cos DateUtils didn't exist when it was written
18:34 oleonard[…]c11090349;hb=HEAD
18:34 jcamins Yeah.
18:34 rangi DateUtils is all post hourly loans
18:34 cait back
18:34 jcamins So C4::Dates should be made into a wrapper around Koha::DateUtils?
18:34 rangi and had a lot of issues early on
18:34 rangi but seems better now
18:34 rangi jcamins: that would be the easiest transition yep
18:35 rangi but the plugin could call dateutils
18:35 * jcamins looks around commandingly and says "Make it so."
18:35 rangi directly
18:35 wahanui hmmm... directly is easier...
18:35 jcamins ...
18:35 jcamins that always works when Jean Luc Picard says it.
18:35 rangi once DateUtils was objectified
18:35 rangi at the moment its just a bunch of helper routines
18:35 cait oleonard: hm I tested a patch today that failed qa that was going in this direction I think
18:36 cait oh scroling down...
18:36 rangi what i mean is
18:36 rangi my $date = C4::Dates->new( $text, 'iso' );
18:36 rangi return $date->output("syspref");
18:36 rangi is so much nicer than
18:36 cait I mean I tested something today that was for making the dates on th enotices tab sort correctly I think
18:36 cait let me find it
18:36 jcamins Yeah.
18:36 bgkriegel hi, is bugs.k-c site working for you?
18:36 oleonard On one line we have $it->{'displaydate'} = output_pref($it->{'issuedate'});, on another we have $it->{'checkoutdate'} = C4::Dates->new($it->{'issuedat​e'},'iso')->output('syspref');
18:36 jcamins Agreed.
18:37 cait bug 9084
18:37 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9084 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Dates in notices should be formatted according to dateformat system preference
18:37 rangi so if we made output, call output_pref
18:37 rangi then that would fix that
18:37 rangi :)
18:38 rangi but yeah it needs a cleanup
18:38 rangi but not now
18:38 rangi now would make 3.12 a nightmare
18:38 * oleonard weeps, "All I want to do is sort dates correctly!"
18:38 rangi too late in the cycle
18:38 jcamins Probably a Koha::Dates that takes as an argument to the constructor either a string, string with incoming format, or datetime, and then we could have an output routine, similar to C4::Dates.
18:38 jcamins Much too late.
18:39 jcamins oleonard: I maintain that you best option is going to be a custom sort on data-date-iso
18:39 jcamins *your
18:39 rangi yep, make everything be a pair, iso and then whatever you display
18:39 rangi and always sort on iso
18:39 rangi anything else is just a mess
18:39 oleonard That's what I'm trying to do.
18:39 jcamins Yay!
18:39 rangi cool!
18:40 rangi id use the date straight from the db then
18:40 rangi to sort on
18:40 oleonard I'm simply confused about the "unformatted" dates I'm getting back when I remove output_pref()
18:40 oleonard "2009-06-22T23:59:00" is not straight-from-the-db formatted
18:41 rangi no its a datetime object
18:41 oleonard Do I care?
18:42 rangi nope
18:42 rangi it will sort fine
18:44 oleonard Everyone has ' UseTablesortForCirc ' turned off anyway though right? :P
18:44 jcamins Probably.
18:46 oleonard You're not encouraging me jcamins!
18:46 jcamins I mean, no, we all have UseTablesortForCirc turned on!
18:53 rambutan joined #koha
18:58 rangi hmm needs signoff went back up today
18:58 rangi ahh mostly out of patch doesnt apply queue
18:58 jcamins It's down to 80!
18:59 rangi it was down to 73
18:59 rangi :)
18:59 jcamins Wow!
18:59 jcamins Nice!
18:59 rangi yup
18:59 cait it was even at 6x in between
18:59 rangi they halved it in 2 days
18:59 cait and we fought hard
18:59 jcamins That's awesome!
18:59 cait but lost hte fight against the qa queue
18:59 rangi at leats that hasnt gone up
19:00 rangi i mean
19:00 rangi Katrin Fischer - 48
19:00 jcamins What was it at the end of the day yesterday?
19:00 rangi Jonathan Druart - 36
19:00 rangi Paul Poulain - 20
19:00 jcamins I ddin't look.
19:00 jcamins *didn't
19:00 rangi thats a lot of passed qa
19:00 rangi M. de Rooy - 12
19:00 cait i hope some more tomorrow
19:00 cait some have been in the loop going back and forth
19:00 rangi *nod*
19:00 rangi that happens
19:01 cait there is especially one I would really like to see
19:01 cait linking acq and serials
19:01 cait creating orders for serials without having to create items
19:01 rangi ah yeah
19:01 rangi hopefully that works
19:01 cait one of the nice librarians is testing and Joubu said he will take a look at her finding tomorrow morning... i still hope :)
19:02 cait I think it shoudl be close too by now, already saw a lot of testing
19:02 rangi cool
19:02 rangi master is feeling really solid
19:02 rangi 3.12 should be a good release
19:02 cait there is always a lot to do
19:02 cait but I am not too worried
19:02 rangi oh wow
19:02 rangi its 22nd
19:02 cait and we still got some time to iron out bugs
19:03 rangi i need to do releases today
19:03 Magnusen joined #koha
19:03 jcamins Yes you do.
19:03 * rangi pings druthb
19:08 datadoctor I was having some patron authentication failures after updating Koha, looked at my sessions table, and it was gigantic. Turns out my robots.txt file didn't get transferred over, and Google was filling my sessions table!
19:09 rangi ahh yeah it will do that
19:09 rangi :)
19:09 kathryn joined #koha
19:10 rangi datadoctor: i find the memcached for sessions works much better than using mysql
19:11 tcohen joined #koha
19:11 rangi ok school run, then drs
19:11 rangi bbl
19:12 tcohen rangi, release dates?
19:12 jcamins Today/tomorrow.
19:13 rangi 22nd
19:13 rangi i do it nz time
19:13 rangi when you take over you can do it argentinian time :)
19:13 * jcamins does it EST.
19:13 tcohen :-P
19:13 rangi its easy to remember
19:13 rangi string freeze on the 15h
19:13 rangi 15th
19:13 rangi release ont he 22nd
19:13 rangi every month
19:14 rangi (except if we have to do a security one and then its asap)
19:14 tcohen of course
19:14 jcamins So everyone in NZ is going to have to spend an entire day eagerly awaiting 3.12.
19:14 rangi hehe
19:14 rangi ok, time to go
19:15 tcohen hehe
19:15 tcohen yes
19:16 jcamins Does anyone have opinions on mint liquor?
19:17 jcamins I need to get some to make mint chocolate chip cookies.
19:17 oleonard That sounds delicious
19:18 cait in cookies it sounds good :)
19:18 * oleonard will need some to get over Bug 9887
19:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9887 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Use DataTables on circulation page
19:18 * cait hands oleonard the mint chocolate liquor bottle
19:18 jcamins There are at least two kinds of mint liquor.
19:19 jcamins Peppermint schnapps and creme de menthe.
19:19 oleonard The cookies, not the liquor, cait! :)
19:19 jcamins oleonard: sounded to me like you needed the liquor.
19:19 cait jcamins: I am for the french version
19:19 cait oleonard: right... cookies are better than schnapps
19:20 jcamins cait: just because its name is French?
19:20 cait well it sounds better :)
19:21 oleonard Okay I take it back, I'm ready for the liquor.
19:22 cait if you talk like that... I am not sure if we should give it to you
19:22 cait you know... alcohol is no solution!
19:22 BobB_ joined #koha
19:23 jcamins What if I called the other... das Pfefferminzschnaps?
19:23 oleonard But... The Ballmer Peak!
19:23 cait der
19:24 jcamins der Pfefferminzschnaps, then.
19:24 cait hm no it does not help
19:24 cait I am still in france
19:24 datadoctor Thanks for the memcached suggestion rangi!
19:24 jcamins It's "das Pfefferminz," so I think I get bonus points for a reasonable guess.
19:24 cait hm
19:24 cait actually when talking about the plant
19:25 cait it#s die Pfefferminze
19:25 cait das Pfefferminz is a candy
19:25 jcamins According to Leo it's "das Pfefferminz." :P
19:25 jcamins Oh.
19:25 cait :P
19:25 cait anyone feels sthe urge now to learn German?
19:26 datadoctor at least the subjunctive is easier than Russian
19:26 jcamins datadoctor: the Russian subjunctive isn't that difficult.
19:27 * cait won't aks what a subjunctive is
19:28 jcamins It's very similar to English, if you think about it: "*Were* I you, I wouldn't try to use a subjunctive sentence."
19:28 cait jcamins: bug 7973
19:28 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7973 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Signed Off , Allow for new type of LDAP authentication
19:28 cait as testing ldap is quite hard I asked dobrica for a second sign off
19:29 cait if it passes the tests i am inclined to pass qa on it - do you want to veto?
19:29 jcamins Nope.
19:29 cait ok
19:29 cait then I will run it against my test script now
19:29 cait dpavlin++
19:30 cait I was also hoping that given there is no serious problemfoudn with edifact tomorrow it might go in as "experimental"
19:31 cait the testing group wanted to do a regression test
19:31 jcamins I would probably be willing to do that.
19:31 jcamins Yes, regression tests are important.
19:31 cait ithink they did - I will ask paul tomorrow
19:32 cait it probably still needs work - but I think that will only happen when we give people a chance to test drive it
19:32 cait :)
19:33 cait and if we start with it working for some use cases it can be improved
19:33 jcamins Makes sense.
19:33 jcamins Does it have unit tests?
19:33 cait hmI will have to check
19:34 cait but I think it has
19:34 jcamins Good.
19:37 cait *sigh*
19:37 cait of course
19:37 cait we have an error in the qa scripts for the ldap patch
19:37 * cait grumps
19:37 jcamins :(
19:37 jcamins What's the error?
19:38 jcamins And qa_scripts++ # for catching errors
19:39 cait I just pasted it on the bug - want me to paste it here too?
19:39 jcamins Nah.
19:39 jcamins It'll show up in my e-mail shortly.
19:39 cait "my" variable $res masks earlier declaration in same scope
19:39 cait too late :)
19:39 jcamins Oh, at least it's nice and easy to fix.
19:39 cait yep probably :)
19:40 cait but it could mean a real problem, so I better have someone take a look
19:41 oleonard My favorite part is when DataTables doesn't give an error, it just doesn't do anything at all.
19:42 * cait gives in and hands you den pfefferminzschnaps
19:42 tcohen we all hate when there's an evident bug but things work: side effects!
19:48 oleonard cait: I think the pfefferminzschnaps worked! I'll have to test more later, though. Time to go.
19:48 cait bye oleonard :)
19:52 tcohen cait, is the signing a problem for bug 9659
19:52 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9659 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , Undefined authorised value category yields empty dropdown menu on SQL reports
19:53 cait checking :)
19:54 cait no, the signing is no problem - I see you also included all the feedback so far
19:54 cait I only see one problem - missing unit tests for the new subs
19:54 cait do you think you could provide some as a qa follow up? (doesn't need another sign off?)
19:54 tcohen yes, but not today
19:55 cait hm the feature deadline is until tomorrow evening I think
19:55 jcamins Yes.
19:55 sophie_m joined #koha
19:55 cait it is classified as a bug not an enh
19:55 cait jcamins: what do you think?
19:55 jcamins Hm.
19:55 jcamins Bug.
19:56 cait tcohen: that gives you a bit more time :)
19:56 jcamins So, not quite such a rush.
19:56 jcamins But the sooner the better.
19:56 tcohen of course
19:56 tcohen thanks
19:57 talljoy joined #koha
19:58 cait tcohen: i noted it on the bug
20:02 NateC joined #koha
20:05 NateC left #koha
20:06 NateC joined #koha
20:15 cait hi NateC :)
20:15 NateC Hi cait!
20:23 NateC left #koha
20:28 sophie_m joined #koha
20:40 qu-bit joined #koha
21:11 rangi !jenkins build koha_master now
21:11 jenkins_koha rangi: job koha_master build scheduled now
21:11 jenkins_koha Starting build #1095 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #1088 1 day 16 hr ago)
21:14 rangi i think it will just be the plugins code failing tests now, and i dont know how to fix that
21:14 eythian hi
21:14 wahanui bonjour, eythian
21:15 cait rangi: did you install the new module eythian packaged?
21:15 cait filed bundled something?
21:15 cait not sure if jared pushed both patches yet, but it worked for me so I could install passing all tests
21:16 rangi yep not that
21:16 rangi that was causing it totally asplode
21:16 rangi ok 12 - Test plugin can install
21:16 rangi Use of uninitialized value in string eq at t/db_dependent/Plugins.t line 36.
21:16 rangi not ok 13 - Test run plugin report method
21:16 rangi thats what is failing now
21:16 rangi then
21:17 rangi ok 16 - Test $plugin->get_plugin_http_path()
21:17 rangi Can't call method "GetPlugins" on an undefined value at t/db_dependent/Plugins.t line 44.
21:17 rangi # Looks like you planned 20 tests but ran 16.
21:17 rangi maybe it needs some config or something
21:17 cait yep not that? :)
21:18 Jesse_away left #koha
21:19 rangi can you bug khall about it if you see him :)
21:20 mtompset joined #koha
21:20 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
21:20 mtompset rangi++
21:20 rangi hi mtompset
21:20 cait hm can try
21:20 cait easier with a bugtho :)
21:21 cait I already have a long page of notes for tomorrow next tome
21:21 mtompset I totally forgot about the koha-disable/koha-enable.
21:21 rangi :)
21:22 rangi cait: well if the tests aren't passing on jenkins, it might have to come back out, so just say, look at jenkins, and figure out how to fix the failing tests cos you dont want it reverted
21:22 rangi that would be incentive for him i would think :)
21:23 cait already been doing that to him today - poor kyle!
21:24 eythian fyi package builds are the easiest way of testing these things, as they're done in a totally clean environment
21:24 rangi *nod*
21:25 rangi running build-git-snapshot is a good way to test
21:28 rambutan joined #koha
21:30 cait rangi: ok - noted
21:34 maximep is it possible that the patch in bug 8337 doesn't apply with git bz apply, but works with git apply ?
21:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8337 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Patch doesn't apply , System preferences for longoverdue cron
21:35 rangi it is possible yes
21:35 rangi git bz does git am
21:35 rangi part of git am is git apply
21:35 rangi but you could git apply it
21:36 rangi the git bz attach it
21:36 rangi or git format-patch
21:36 rangi and attach it
21:36 rangi and them it would be git bz (or git am) applicable
21:36 maximep ok, first time using git bz
21:36 maximep to send
21:36 maximep git bz attach 8337 HEAD
21:36 maximep is all i need to do, right ?
21:36 maximep after my commit, of course
21:37 rangi -e as well
21:37 rangi so you can obsolete the old one
21:37 rangi git bz attach -e 8337 HEAD
21:38 cait and set status :)
21:38 cait also make sure you are using the fishsoup branch from th git repo for full koha functionality :)
21:42 rangi khall: i can replicate the jenkins fail on my machine here, check out master and run t/db_dependent/Plugins.t
21:43 rangi khall: so there is most likely some config missing that isnt being added by thte Makefile ?
21:43 maximep cait: I just followed instructions at[…]_bz_configuration
21:43 cait rangi: hm maybe - I guess you reran makefile with update already?
21:43 maximep is that the right branch ?
21:44 cait I did that today while testing, so it might have changed something
21:44 cait maximep: I think you are on the master branch of that repo now - try git checkout fishsoup there
21:44 rangi cait: jenkins does a fresh make everytime, so the update might work .. but its missing something on its fresh one, it might be something needs to be added to the test setup
21:44 cait well git checkout -b fishsoup maybe :)
21:45 cait hm I think i will point him to th elogs here - hopefully he can figure it out
21:45 rangi cait: install_misc/environment_Makefile.PL
21:45 rangi point him to that
21:46 rangi that is what jenkns uses to do its config
21:46 rangi source install_misc/environment_Makefile.PL
21:46 rangi perl Makefile.PL
21:46 rangi the reset sets all the env variables to you can run the makefile without needing someone hitting yes
21:47 rangi maybe it needs a new option?
21:47 cait no idea
21:47 cait but I will point
21:47 rangi cool
21:49 maximep well, the fishsoup branch crashes on git apply
21:49 maximep xmlrpclib.ProtocolError: <ProtocolError for 404 Not Found>
21:49 cait oh?
21:49 cait hm
21:49 maximep *on git bz apply
21:49 cait werid
21:49 cait let me check
21:50 maximep and shouldn't the changes fron that branch be merged back in master someday ?
21:50 cait I am not sur ehow it works
21:50 cait might be master is the original script
21:50 cait we adapted it to our needs
21:51 cait maximep: I am runnign git-bz from the current fishsoup brnach and dobrica updated t it today at the hackfest - wonder what's going wrong for you :(
21:51 cait did you give it your login information?
21:52 maximep yes, the master works fine after all
21:52 cait the fishsoup branch lets you do some cool koha things
21:53 cait like changing the patch complexity
21:53 rangi and status
21:53 maximep well, I will do those things the good old way :p
21:54 maximep don't have time to debug why the branch isn't working for me
21:54 rangi if it works, all good :)
21:56 maximep ok, git bz is really amazing
21:57 cait it is :)
22:02 cait rangi++ #qa follow up for 7973
22:03 cait and dpavlin++ #for testing it :)
22:03 cait well not the follwo up in fact but the bug... and that's especiall ynice since I needed an ldap user testing it :)
22:21 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1095: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 9 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1095/
22:26 rangi http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/1095/testReport/
22:26 rangi just the 2 now
22:27 cait ok
22:38 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_7368' into 3.12-master <[…]071e3fc62d2e2d4ab> / Bug 7368: POD doc in <[…]6a6de1415b024b7a2> / Merge branch 'bug_9879' into 3.12-master <[…]c7333727c5dcc7639
22:39 jenkins_koha Starting build #1096 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #1088 1 day 17 hr ago)
22:42 NateC joined #koha
22:46 jcamins Didn't I push bug 9117?
22:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9117 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Passed QA , Reports hierarchies management improvements
22:46 rangi hmm
22:47 jcamins Oh, right, all good except a missing unit test.
22:47 jcamins Never mind.
22:47 wahanui Good, I'm glad you figured it out. I didn't understand, and probably never will, being a bot.
22:47 jcamins I knew I had tested it and liked what I saw.
22:47 cait yep it's nice
22:47 cait well I like it :)
22:48 cait i also like that I will be able to edit issuingrules hopefully
22:48 cait lots of good stuff :)
22:48 jcamins Has that passed QA?
22:48 cait yep
22:49 jcamins 4354.
22:49 jcamins I see it.
22:49 rangi
22:49 rangi they use koha .. proper koha :)
22:51 jcamins Yay!
23:07 maximep left #koha
23:09 eythian magnus_away: are you arou...oh you're away
23:09 cait asleep probably
23:10 jcamins Hehe.
23:10 cait like I should be :)
23:10 cait night #koha
23:10 cait left #koha
23:21 * rangi ducks out for lunch in the sun
23:22 jcamins Don't get burnt to a crisp.
23:25 jcamins Have I complained recently about the fact that you have to click "Test prediction pattern" every time you edit a subscription, regardless whether or not you changed it?
23:33 jcamins Oh, look at that.
23:33 jcamins I complain, a patch appears.
23:36 jcamins ... and I fail it.
23:38 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_8089' into 3.12-master <[…]f2d3c9ff3cd5de201> / Bug 8089: Cache sysprefs with Koha::Cache::Object <[…]be34d88cdb0544d99> / Merge branch 'bug_8509' into 3.12-master <[…]ff;h=cc49dc70fbad
23:40 melia did I miss oleonard?
23:40 melia I am trying to test bug 9882 but have a question about how datatables is supposed to work
23:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9882 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Use DataTables on batch modifications pages
23:40 jcamins Yeah, he leaves at 4ish.
23:40 jcamins What's the question?
23:40 wahanui rumour has it the question is "What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?"
23:40 * jcamins might know the answer.
23:40 jcamins Probably not, but we can hope.
23:40 melia so when I sort the columns, they do sort. but I'm not sure if they're sorting the way they're supposed to.
23:40 melia for example, when I sort by Title, it gives me A to Z from top to bottom.
23:41 jcamins Makes sense.
23:41 melia when I sort by Current Location, it gives me Z to A from top to bottom.
23:41 melia is that normal?
23:41 jcamins No, that's a problem.
23:41 melia ok I will make some notes on the bug report
23:41 jcamins If you note on the bug which are backwards, oleonard will fix it. :)
23:41 melia also, are you supposed to be able to click the little arrow again to sort in the opposite direction, like go from A to Z and change to Z to A? or is it only meant to work in one direction?
23:42 jcamins Yes, they should reverse the sort.
23:42 jcamins Well, usually.
23:42 melia ok I will ask about that as well. thanks jcamins!
23:42 jcamins In some cases I suppose it might not be possible to reverse the sorting.
23:42 jcamins But we hope those cases are few and far between.
23:43 melia :)
23:47 tcohen joined #koha
23:47 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1096: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 7 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1096/
23:47 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 9879 - Use DataTables on suggestions management page
23:47 jenkins_koha * Marcel de Rooy: Bug 7368: POD doc in
23:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9879 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Use DataTables on suggestions management page
23:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7368 trivial, P5 - low, ---,, Pushed to Master , General staff client typo omnibus
23:49 jenkins_koha Starting build #1097 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #1088 1 day 18 hr ago)
23:51 mtompset Greetings, tcohen and jcamins.
23:51 tcohen hi mtompset
23:51 mtompset Greetings, melia.
23:51 melia hello mtompset
23:51 mtompset CentOS is a serious pain!
23:51 jcamins Hello.
23:51 jcamins That would be why I don't use it.
23:52 mtompset I've figured out a way to nicely package the missing perl libraries for Koha. But there getting it there is painful.
23:52 mtompset Just like my bad grammer.
23:52 mtompset And spelling. :)
23:53 jcamins Good news about the Perl libraries!
23:54 mtompset If I succeed... then installing Koha should be easy after that.
23:54 mtompset But why oh why does CentOS 6.4 only have 5.10.x perl? That's like years out of date!
23:55 tcohen and next major release is a couple of years far....

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary