IRC log for #koha, 2013-02-19

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:09 drojf1 joined #koha
00:54 eythian_ joined #koha
00:54 eythian_ joined #koha
01:03 bgkriegel rangi?
01:04 rangi yes?
01:04 bgkriegel bug 7387 needs another sign-off or is signed?
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7387 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, chris, Needs Signoff , Add Template::Toolkit plugin to allow caching of includes
01:06 rangi i changed the patch, another sign off would be good
01:06 bgkriegel how to you test that?
01:08 rangi you have to have memcached enabled, then edit a template and make a change like in the commit message
01:08 rangi if the page still renders fine, its working :)
01:08 bgkriegel besides, there are tabulation problems :(
01:23 Callender joined #koha
01:41 bgkriegel rangi, I did a followup for the tabulations
01:41 * jcamins throws a whole bunch of leftover ingredients into a pan with some chopped spinach, calls it a meal.
01:42 rangi thanks
01:45 rangi !jenkins build koha_master now
01:45 jenkins_koha rangi: job koha_master build scheduled now
01:45 mtj hey eythian, about?
01:45 jenkins_koha Starting build #1054 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #1051 3 days 10 hr ago)
02:13 dcook jcamins: Me thinks that is more of a meal than dried apricots and macadamia nuts :p
02:14 jcamins dcook: it actually was really good.
02:14 jcamins And very filling.
02:15 jcamins And it used up the thawed chicken, half an avocado, salsa from druthb, the yogurt, and...
02:15 jcamins spinach.
02:18 jcamins Not so happy about using up the spinach.
02:19 dcook Spinach is pretty essential. Mmm, leftover meals. I'm starting to think that a real lunch might be an idea sometime soon...
02:21 jcamins And it hasn't been on sale in ages.
02:23 jcamins Probably because it's the middle of winter.
02:23 jcamins Stupid winter, killing all the leafy greens.
02:24 jcamins dcook: bet you missed this while you were in Canada.
02:25 dcook I had forgotten about that!
02:25 dcook Vancouver is pretty nice all year round, but there was a serious lack of spinach...
02:25 jcamins I was talking about the constant food talk, but, yeah, I guess in Australia you also have summer right now. :)
02:26 dcook Don't even get me started on my childhood O_O
02:26 dcook Yep ^_^
02:26 * dcook grew up in the rural prairies. He didn't have fresh mushrooms until he was 10+.
02:27 dcook It has been a while since I heard any food talk on here too
02:51 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
02:51 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1054: FIXED in 1 hr 6 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1054/
03:30 bgkriegel jcamins?
03:30 wahanui i heard jcamins was too young to be the President of the United States.  Which is a pity, because he had the votes at the 3.12 election.
03:31 jcamins Yes?
03:31 bgkriegel Bug 9412 is self-signed.
03:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9412 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, hugh, Signed Off , add optional_params to C4::Service
03:31 bgkriegel Change to need sign-off?
03:31 wahanui bgkriegel: that doesn't look right
03:32 wahanui joined #koha
03:32 jcamins Yes please.
03:32 bgkriegel ok
03:34 bgkriegel rangi, bug 9611 is signed. I can go to sleep now.
03:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9611 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Signed Off , Changing the password hashing algorithm from MD5 to more secure Bcrypt
03:35 bgkriegel bye
04:20 mtj peeps, is there a way to use git-bz to append a 'passed QA' string for each patch?
04:20 mtj i know 'git-bz apply -s' adds a 'signed-off by xxx' string...
04:21 mtj i'm looking for the 'passed-qa by xxx' equiv, here…
04:23 mtj hmm, i might just got with a 'signed-off' string - when passing qa, for now
04:31 dcook I think that's what jdruart does
04:31 dcook jcamins: would a separate 'passed QA' string be useful to you?
04:32 mtj yeah, i think so
04:32 mtj to make a distinction between a sign-off and a passed-qa patch
04:33 mtj im just attempting to gbz-attach 5 'signed-off' patches to 9611, and making a nice mess
04:34 mtj i really want gbz to handle a range of commits :)
04:34 dcook You could always add another param to community's git-bz branch :p
04:34 mtj (currently it only handles 1 at a time,  yeah?)
04:34 dcook I don't think so
04:34 dcook I think it's supposed to handle multiples
04:35 dcook[…]Attaching_patches
04:35 dcook I don't know if I've ever done it myself though
04:36 mtj ah, it does do a range, after all
04:40 mtj woah, you gotta be smooth to edit/obsolete 5 commits, without a timeout
04:41 mtj but, successful :p
04:41 mtj sure makes the bug history confusing as hell tho :/
04:50 dcook :/
04:51 dcook Could a person edit the commits beforehand using commit --amend, and then just obsolete during git bz attach?
04:52 mtj thats exactly what i did
04:52 mtj its the obselting thats still tricky, that happens for every patch in the range
04:53 mtj so, too slow on any of them, and it fails
04:53 dcook Hmm, that's not good
04:53 mtj the workaround might be to obsolete them before the upload, in bugzilla
04:54 mtj ...then you would be able to skip/avoid that step
04:54 mtj ok, gotta scoot
04:54 dcook Hmm, that's true
04:55 dcook Have a good one!
05:31 cait joined #koha
05:32 bigbrovar_ joined #koha
05:35 cait hi #koha
05:52 dcook hi cait :)
05:52 cait hi dcook
06:11 druthb_mobile joined #koha
07:20 * magnuse vawes
07:20 alex_a hello o/
07:22 * cait waves
07:37 reiveune joined #koha
07:38 reiveune hello
07:38 wahanui salut, reiveune
07:48 sophie_m joined #koha
07:49 cait @wunder Konstanz
07:49 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is -3.8°C (8:45 AM CET on February 19, 2013). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 95%. Dew Point: -4.0°C. Windchill: -4.0°C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1018 hPa (Steady).
07:49 cait brr.
07:49 cait left #koha
07:56 magnuse @wunder boo
07:56 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is -4.0°C (8:20 AM CET on February 19, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 64%. Dew Point: -10.0°C. Windchill: -11.0°C. Pressure: 30.42 in 1030 hPa (Steady).
08:04 rangi evening
08:05 asaurat joined #koha
08:07 asaurat hi
08:07 wahanui niihau, asaurat
08:08 paul_p joined #koha
08:09 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:10 magnuse kia ora rangi asaurat paul_p gaetan_B
08:11 aqualaptop joined #koha
08:14 paul_p 'morning #koha & magnuse !
08:19 bigbrovar___ joined #koha
08:21 lds joined #koha
08:23 * dcook thinks it's pretty cool that ByWater Solutions provides the sandbox for the SLAIS class on library automation :)
08:31 kf joined #koha
08:43 magnuse dcook: the library education in oslo provides each and every student with their own personal koha instance, thanks to the packages ;-)
08:43 magnuse guten morgen kf
08:43 dcook hey, kf ;)
08:43 dcook magnuse: that is awesome!
08:44 dcook magnuse: But how does it do that? Does the library education in oslo provide packaged virtual machines, server space, or URLs?
08:44 magnuse i'm not sure about the specifics
08:45 magnuse but they have a server where they run it
08:45 magnuse so they probably have something like or something similar
08:46 rangi the packages make it super easy to run multiple instances on one machine
08:46 * dcook is intrigued.
08:47 kf morning and hi all :)
08:47 dcook I really do need to spin up that Debian vm sometime and play
08:47 dcook But are they just using it as users or as developers?
08:47 magnuse dcook: if you don't know the packages yet they are definitely worth a look!
08:47 bigbrovar_ joined #koha
08:47 magnuse dcook: users
08:47 dcook magnuse: that's what I hear ;)
08:47 magnuse they just get access to the opac and the intranet, no hacking
08:48 dcook I suppose it could inspire hacking on their own in any case
08:48 magnuse they use it for doing homework in cataloguing etc
08:48 magnuse yeah, at least they have the possibility
08:48 dcook Mmm, I've helped set up Koha for a college that did that as well
08:48 dcook Yeah, I remember using Horizon and getting frustrated...
08:48 dcook Wishing that I had more power
08:48 dcook Or flexibility
08:49 magnuse koha = power + flexibility :-)
08:50 dcook Yeah! :D
09:01 aqualaptop left #koha
09:03 christophe_c joined #koha
09:03 christophe_c hi
09:07 gerundio joined #koha
09:09 magnuse bonjour christophe_c and gerundio
09:09 gerundio hey magnuse, good morning
09:10 drojf joined #koha
09:10 kf dcook: you were a horizon user? :)
09:10 christophe_c bonjour magnuse ;-) hello everybody
09:11 dcook bonjour, christophe_c
09:11 dcook dcook: Yep. It's been a few years now, but it's probably the ILS that I've used the most (other than Koha now)
09:12 christophe_c hello dcook
09:12 * dcook facepalm
09:12 dcook kf: Yep. It's been a few years now, but it's probably the ILS that I've used the most (other than Koha now)
09:12 dcook Nothing like talking to myself...
09:13 * dcook should probably go home soon
09:13 kf dcook: I supported it for a while
09:16 dcook kf: I seem to remember you mentioning that yesterday :). How did you find it?
09:23 dcook Eeep!
09:23 dcook Must be running along for real this time
09:23 dcook Have a good day at work, kf.
09:23 dcook Cheers tout le monde!
09:29 kf ah, now I missed him
09:33 drojf joined #koha
09:33 drojf goofd morning #koha
09:44 kf hi drojf
09:45 drojf hi kf
09:56 vfernandes joined #koha
09:58 vfernandes hi :)
10:07 Barrc joined #koha
10:07 Barrc left #koha
10:10 Barrc joined #koha
10:37 drojf is there a way to make cataloguing plugins do their thing automatically after i save the record? if i have to click into a field to start the plugin, the values i get (like next free callnumber) might be outdated due to another cataloguer using it. running the plugin in the saving process would at least decrease the chance of running into that problem
10:38 kf hm I think the creation date does that or used to
10:38 kf and I think dpavlin has done some work on stocknumber calculating like that
10:40 drojf with a plugin? or by manually the calculations into the saving process?
10:40 kf I think with a plugin
10:41 drojf cool, thanks
10:41 drojf oh, my sentence no verb. but you understood me anyway ;)
10:42 kf who needs verbs...
10:42 kf drojf: the date fields autofill... but not sure if that's the database's doing or the plugins
10:42 kf hm maybe
10:43 kf if you made the field mandatory
10:43 kf ... like it works in cataloguing?
10:45 * kf thinks there has to be a way but no ida how it works :)
10:55 gaetan_B joined #koha
10:57 drojf if it is mandatory i geht a warning and a highlight. but yes, that would be a nice moment to check if there is a plugin available and just run it and save :)
11:05 mtj fredericd++ thanks for the sign-off :)
11:12 kf mtj: are you ever sleeping? :)
11:14 mtj i'm often up at midnight :)
11:25 kf true :)
11:53 bazinga joined #koha
11:54 bazinga Hello
11:54 wahanui salut, bazinga
11:54 bazinga Hi wahanui
11:55 bazinga just popped in looking for some help
11:55 drojf hi bazinga
11:55 drojf first question?
11:55 wahanui "What are you trying to do?" or "What is the goal?"
11:55 bazinga I have intalled koha and trying to use it
11:57 drojf sounds good so far
12:00 bazinga to my dismay, i have not managed to add new patrons
12:00 kf what version of koha did you install?
12:01 kf have you defined patron categories in administration?
12:01 kf And a library? :)
12:03 bazinga yes, i have created a library and a patron category
12:03 bazinga and set the library to the one i created
12:04 kf and when you go to the patrons module now, there is no new button?
12:05 bazinga no
12:10 drojf bazinga: so you have never added a user and are logged in with the database user from the beginning? or did it work before and you are using another user account right now?
12:11 bazinga i created a new instance and i am using the database user for this instance
12:13 drojf ok that is odd then. have you set the library to use atm? what does it say in the upper right corner? (something like  NO LIBRARY SET ( Set library ) | koha_koha ( Log out ) | Help )
12:14 bazinga it is set to the library
12:15 drojf what version of koha are you using, on what operating system and how did you install it (=did you use packages?)
12:16 bazinga Could you do me favour and tell me the steps after creating a new instance, just to make sure i have not messed up something on the way
12:17 bazinga I am using ubuntu 12.04, and installed it using packages
12:17 gaetan_B joined #koha
12:18 jcamins @later tell mtj I would prefer you signed off on patches rather than marking them "Passed-QA-by." I use Passed-QA-by to indicate a member of the QA team did not apply a patch when QAing.
12:18 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
12:19 bazinga I am not sure how to find out the koha version because i installed it from ubuntu repository and didn't notice
12:20 mtj hi jcamins , i'm still up
12:20 jcamins Isn't it kind of late for you?
12:20 mtj jcamins, ok - so i just add 'signed off by xxx' to my qa-ed patches, yeah?
12:21 drojf bazinga: if you choose "More"->"About Koha" you should find "Koha version"
12:21 mtj yeah, just about to hit the hay...
12:21 jcamins Right.
12:21 jcamins git commit --amend -s
12:22 mtj ok, understood
12:22 bazinga oh, thanks it is
12:23 mtj hi bazinga :)
12:24 bazinga hello mtj
12:24 drojf bazinga: if you did not use sample data, i think adding a library and a patron category  should be enough to add a patron. but that is what you said you did
12:26 bazinga drojf, i failed to mention i added sample data(libraries, and categories)
12:28 drojf bazinga: it should be even easier then. like, just log in with the database user, click on patrons and then "new patrons". i think that is what you did though
12:28 drojf how does the patron screen look for you? maybe you can make a screenshot?
12:30 bazinga drojf, how can i send you the screenshot?
12:31 drojf you could put it on some image hoster, like
12:31 jwagner joined #koha
12:31 drojf oh, that does not seem to work
12:32 kf bazinga: sorry, got called away
12:32 drojf its really slow for me, does it work for you?
12:32 kf and gone again...
12:34 drojf my internet is weird, brb
12:35 drojf1 joined #koha
12:35 bigbrovar_ joined #koha
12:37 drojf joined #koha
12:37 drojf back
12:38 bazinga drojf: let's say i somehow managed to add a patron(since you have made the steps clear for me), then there is cataloguing. Could you please tell me the steps for that(since the official manual is not, i think, written for beginners
12:39 drojf bazinga: do you have experience with the MARC format?
12:39 bazinga No
12:39 bazinga drjf, newbie for this stuff :-)
12:40 drojf then you will experience quite a learning curve ;)
12:40 nengard joined #koha
12:40 bazinga drojf: I am ready for that since i have to master this :-)
12:41 drojf i'm afraid i am not able to walk you through MARC here, it's a strange beast of labyrinths ;) you could start with looking at the "fast add framework". it has a reduced number of fields
12:41 drojf generally, you will have to see what kind of metadata you need to catalogue for your collection, and find out what goes in which field
12:42 drojf i don't know any MARC introductions, maybe someone else does?
12:43 bazinga drojf: Thanks a lot for your help. I will keep digging :-)
12:48 jcamins bazinga: <-- this may help a bit with MARC
12:49 tcohen joined #koha
12:50 drojf bazinga: you're welcome. and feel free to express anger towards MARC at any time, we all do ;)
12:50 drojf marc?
12:50 wahanui The MARC specs live at - abandon hope all ye who enter here.
12:50 kf heh
12:50 kf back... kinda
12:50 kf bazinga: where are you from?
12:50 drojf marc must die?
12:50 wahanui
12:52 bazinga kf: I am from Ethiopia
12:53 bazinga kf: It is a great nation on some corner of planet Earth :-)
12:55 drojf :)
12:57 drojf @wunder addis abeba
12:57 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Brusly, Louisiana is 11.9°C (6:54 AM CST on February 19, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 79%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 30.10 in 1019 hPa (Rising).
12:57 drojf heh, that is wrong
12:58 drojf @wunder addis abeba, ethiopia
12:58 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Brusly, Louisiana is 11.9°C (6:55 AM CST on February 19, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 79%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 30.10 in 1019 hPa (Rising).
12:58 drojf hm
12:59 drojf @wunder addis ababa, ethiopia
12:59 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia is 28.0°C (4:00 PM EAT on February 19, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 20%. Dew Point: 3.0°C. Pressure: 30.15 in 1021 hPa (Falling).
12:59 drojf ha
12:59 drojf weird english spelling :P
13:00 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
13:00 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Berlin Pankow, Weissensee, Germany is 1.6°C (1:57 PM CET on February 19, 2013). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 85%. Dew Point: -1.0°C. Windchill: -3.0°C. Pressure: 29.89 in 1012 hPa (Steady).
13:00 bazinga drojf: We don't talk much about weather here: it is almost the same the whole year, except for the rains :-)
13:00 drojf i see :)
13:01 jcamins Brusly, LA?
13:01 drojf jcamins: no idea how it makes that connection
13:04 * drojf goes shopping
13:06 jenkins_koha Starting build #21 for job Koha_Docs_3.10.x (previous build: STILL FAILING)
13:06 jenkins_koha Starting build #289 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: STILL FAILING -- last SUCCESS #60 9 mo 27 days ago)
13:07 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs_3.10.x build #21: STILL FAILING in 1 min 1 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]a_Docs_3.10.x/21/
13:07 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: formatting fix
13:07 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #289: STILL FAILING in 1 min 1 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/289/
13:07 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: formatting fix
13:31 oleonard joined #koha
13:31 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
13:31 huginn tcohen: The current temperature in Cordoba, Argentina is 12.0°C (10:00 AM ART on February 19, 2013). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 100%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 30.18 in 1022 hPa (Steady).
13:32 mib_bv0074 joined #koha
13:32 alohabot Hi mib_bv0074, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
13:33 bazinga joined #koha
13:36 oleonard Hi #koha
13:38 tcohen hi oleonard
13:39 bazinga joined #koha
13:45 bazinga joined #koha
13:45 edveal joined #koha
13:50 jenkins_koha Starting build #22 for job Koha_Docs_3.10.x (previous build: STILL FAILING)
13:50 jenkins_koha Starting build #290 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: STILL FAILING -- last SUCCESS #60 9 mo 27 days ago)
13:51 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs_3.10.x build #22: STILL FAILING in 17 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]a_Docs_3.10.x/22/
13:51 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: add 952$x to cataloging guide
13:51 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #290: STILL FAILING in 18 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/290/
13:51 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: add 952$x to cataloging guide
13:51 bazinga joined #koha
13:51 NateC joined #koha
13:52 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:52 gaetan_B joined #koha
13:55 talljoy joined #koha
13:59 bazinga joined #koha
14:04 bazinga1 joined #koha
14:05 bazinga joined #koha
14:19 Barrc left #koha
14:45 oleonard gmcharlt, jcamins_away:[…]oss-your-keyboard
14:47 kf hi oleonard :)
15:03 sophie_m joined #koha
15:04 maximep joined #koha
15:06 gmcharlt oleonard: hehe
15:07 gmcharlt the cat was just providing some illumination for an otherwise bare manuscript
15:07 kf very thoughtful cat :)
15:08 oleonard You have to picture the moment right before the pawprints appeared when the cat deliberately knocked over the bottle of ink and walked through it
15:10 kf heh
15:10 * kf hums happily as she accesses the web installer for a new library
15:21 paul_p joined #koha
15:22 magnuse kf: yay?!?
15:22 kf yea :)
15:23 nengard left #koha
15:32 maximep back to working on koha for a few weeks and I should have a few hours to contribute. yay =)
15:32 kf yay!
15:33 magnuse yay!
15:45 tcohen can anyone point me to code that makes the GUI show a warning box?
15:45 kf tcohen: maybe look at the wiki. oleonard wrote up something about the styling at least
15:46 oleonard I don't see that on the wiki page though
15:47 oleonard tcohen, we use <div class="dialog alert"> [ warning message ] </div>
15:47 kf[…]rors_and_messages
15:47 kf oleonard++
15:48 oleonard Oh thanks kf I was looking at the coding guidelines page :)
15:48 oleonard I need to revise that page with updated screenshots
15:48 tcohen i was aleready on the coding guidelines, but couldn't find that
15:48 tcohen thanks
15:49 kf tcohen: it's separate :) and if not even owen remembers writing it ;)
15:50 jcamins_away oleonard: Bootstrap also has a collapsible widget which you might (or might not) find preferable to jQueryUI.
15:50 jcamins_away (that is, the equivalent widget in jQueryUI)
15:51 oleonard jcamins_away: I did not find that. Do you have a link?
15:52 oleonard Oh never mind jcamins_away there it is.
15:52 jcamins_away oleonard:[…]ipt.html#collapse
15:52 jcamins_away I'm not using jQueryUI for my other project, so I have no idea how they compare.
15:53 oleonard I believe we don't already have that widget included in our Bootstrap build, so I'm going to try to get it working in jQueryUI first
15:54 oleonard ...since we do already have it available in jQueryUI
15:54 jcamins_away Ah.
15:54 jcamins_away In that case, we should use the jQueryUI version.
15:54 * oleonard assumed Bootstrap had its own version and was surprised not to find it.. poor searching
15:54 jcamins_away I hadn't realized that we had a custom Bootstrap build.
15:55 oleonard Yes, for the sake of keeping the file size down
15:55 kf :)
15:55 jcamins_away I didn't even know that was an option.
15:56 oleonard[…]ap/customize.html
15:57 jcamins_away Nifty.
15:57 tcohen jcamins_away: how would u like to present the warning for bug 9659?
15:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9659 minor, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Undefined authorised value category yields empty dropdown menu on SQL reports
15:57 jcamins_away I'm fine with either an alert in-page or a pop-up.
15:58 tcohen should the user be able to run the report anyway?
15:58 tcohen (the warning saying a null value will be used for the field?)
15:58 * jcamins_away doesn't have an opinion- up to you. :)
15:59 tcohen ack
16:05 oleonard jcamins_away: Bug 7969 says "pushed to master" but doesn't seem to be?
16:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7969 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , select all / unselect all on fines page
16:07 jcamins_away Hm.
16:07 jcamins_away No it doesn't.
16:07 jcamins_away Now it is.
16:07 oleonard Thanks
16:10 reiveune bye
16:10 reiveune left #koha
16:12 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_7969' into 3.12-master <[…]71a680af377c617c0>
16:17 Morthland joined #koha
16:17 Morthland Hey, I recently upgraded to 3.10,
16:18 Morthland I wanted to switch to ccsr, but it's not giving me the option.
16:20 jcamins_away The opacthemes syspref only has one option?
16:21 Morthland ah. Thanks. I was looking at the template syspref
16:22 asaurat left #koha
16:25 jenkins_koha Starting build #1055 for job Koha_master (previous build: FIXED)
16:26 christophe_c left #koha
16:53 drojf are those the people from this other weird study with lots of liblime?
16:54 oleonard ?
16:54 jcamins_away Yes.
16:55 kf jcamins_away: easy analytics - that's tied to the item, right? so I could catalog items for a serial subscription and link each issue/item record to articles?
16:55 jcamins_away kf: right.
16:55 mib_qs71vd joined #koha
16:55 alohabot Hi mib_qs71vd, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
16:57 kf jcamins_away: thx
16:57 kf will have to test that on the train tomorrow :)
16:58 oleonard catalogue/ requires "export_catalog" permission, but its functionality is the same as isn't it?
16:58 jcamins_away oleonard: I don't know, but that would make sense to me.
16:58 oleonard In fact seems to have even more formats
17:03 jcamins_away Probably because I added some, and wasn't even aware that catalogue/ existed.
17:04 melia joined #koha
17:09 nengard joined #koha
17:16 kf left #koha
17:20 drojf left #koha
17:20 NateC joined #koha
17:24 drojf joined #koha
17:31 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1055: SUCCESS in 1 hr 6 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1055/
17:31 jenkins_koha Owen Leonard: Bug 7969 - select all / unselect all on fines page
17:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7969 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , select all / unselect all on fines page
17:32 bgkriegel joined #koha
17:44 oleonard The export script has "endnote" as an option but it doesn't seem to be exposed in the template. Is that just an oversight?
17:45 aqualaptop joined #koha
17:50 oleonard Perhaps not an oversight. It doesn't seem to work.
17:52 jcamins_away Perhaps the name was changed to RIS?
17:54 oleonard both are listed in the OPAC script (marc2endnote and marc2ris)
17:56 cait joined #koha
18:01 * cait waves
18:18 gerundio joined #koha
18:33 jcamins_away cait: "Sonderheft"?
18:33 jcamins_away "Offprint"?
18:33 cait hm not sure what the english term is actually
18:33 cait hm special issue maybe?
18:33 jcamins_away Ah!
18:33 jcamins_away Of course.
18:33 jcamins_away Thanks.
18:34 cait yw
18:37 oleonard joined #koha
18:42 jwagner joined #koha
18:55 John_Crockett joined #koha
18:58 nancyk joined #koha
18:59 talljoy hey John_Crockett
19:00 nancyk just about ready to start
19:01 John_Crockett Hi <talljoy>!
19:02 John_Crockett joined #koha
19:02 nancyk #startmeeting
19:02 huginn nancyk: Error: A meeting name is required, e.g., '#startmeeting Marketing Committee'
19:02 wahanui if there is a meeting then Brooke must want me
19:02 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
19:02 nancyk #chair nancyk
19:03 nancyk #startmeeting Kohacon plan Feb2013
19:03 huginn Meeting started Tue Feb 19 19:00:54 2013 UTC.  The chair is nancyk. Information about MeetBot at
19:03 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:03 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Kohacon plan Feb2013)
19:03 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'kohacon_plan_feb2013'
19:03 nancyk #chair nancyk
19:03 huginn Current chairs: nancyk
19:04 nancyk who is with us today?
19:04 nengard #info Nicole Engard, ByWater Solutions
19:04 talljoy #info Joy Nelson ByWater Solutions
19:05 John_Crockett John Crockett, Washoe County Library System
19:05 John_Crockett #info John Crockett, Washoe County Library System
19:06 edveal #info Ed Veal, ByWater Solutions
19:06 nancyk anybody else?
19:06 nengard it's the bywater gang :)
19:06 edveal :)
19:06 jcamins_away #info Jared Camins-Esakov, C & P Bibliography Services, RM for Koha 3.12 (sort of here only)
19:06 nancyk Ok let's get started
19:07 nancyk #topic Overview of proposed schedule and discussion
19:07 Topic for #koha is now Overview of proposed schedule and discussion (Meeting topic: Kohacon plan Feb2013)
19:08 nancyk We have oct 16 - oct 18 as presentations
19:08 nancyk #info oct 16-18 presentations
19:08 laurence joined #koha
19:08 nancyk #info roadtrip sat oct 19
19:09 nancyk #info Oct 20-22 Hackfest
19:09 nancyk anyone have a better or different idea?
19:09 nengard Sounds good
19:10 nengard That's usually how it goes
19:10 talljoy roadtrip++
19:10 nancyk #info i was thinking last year it was 9-4
19:10 nengard You mean time of day?
19:10 nengard 9am-4pm?
19:10 nancyk yes
19:11 nengard I forget :)
19:11 talljoy might have been 10am
19:11 nengard but that works - I'd say we wait until we get our speaking proposals in to set the times of day
19:11 nengard we might not have enough to fill 9-4 or we might have too much
19:12 nancyk then we talk to each other , and share info
19:12 nancyk #info Brooke wants to go to UNR to see their Makerspace
19:13 nancyk maybe we can squeeze that in somehow.  It will take logistics
19:14 cait #info Katrin Fischer - sorry for being late
19:14 nancyk on to next topic
19:14 nancyk #topic how many we will be expecting
19:14 Topic for #koha is now how many we will be expecting (Meeting topic: Kohacon plan Feb2013)
19:15 cait not an easy question :)
19:15 talljoy i'll be there.
19:15 nengard I think we need to know the cost of the hotel for sure
19:15 cait I will try to
19:15 nengard All of ByWater will be there
19:15 nengard The entire team
19:15 nancyk #info we are planning on 200 for the first three days and 50 for each hackfest day,  too many?
19:15 nengard I think people need prices and dates so that they can go to their admin for budgeting approval
19:16 cait I think a programme would help too
19:16 cait or knowing that you will get to speak
19:16 cait for some
19:16 nengard true
19:16 nengard some places will only pay if you're speaking
19:16 cait I feel like it will probably be bigger than last kohacons... but not sure how much bigger
19:17 cait yes, especially for some countries outside of the US
19:17 nengard nancyk will the washoe libraries who all voted be there?
19:17 nengard that should give you an idea
19:17 nancyk #info that's up on the site
19:17 nancyk #link
19:17 John_Crockett rooms at the Atlantis are $81/night (includes $12 resort fee) + tax
19:18 cait woohoo :) that's affordable :)
19:18 nengard yeah very
19:19 magnuse cheap by norwegian standards :-)
19:19 John_Crockett @nengard, most of the Washoe County staff will be attending the Nevada Library Association Annual Conference which will be held concurrently with KohaCon13 at the Atlantis.
19:19 huginn John_Crockett: I've exhausted my database of quotes
19:19 nancyk #info actually some are $69 plus resort fee and tax
19:19 JesseM joined #koha
19:20 John_Crockett right,  $69 + $12 resort fee is $81
19:20 cait true, paid more for that room in oslo and got no pool!
19:20 nengard hehe
19:20 * talljoy gets out her abacus to confirm that math
19:20 nengard I forget what the room in Bergen was
19:20 nancyk #info we will need 125 for the three programming days and I forget for hackfest
19:20 nengard but Nevada is known for cheap accomodations
19:21 cait nancyk: can you explain?
19:21 drojf it depends on how much tax is whether that is affordable ;)
19:21 nengard @John_Crockett wasn't the idea to hold KohaCon and NLA near each other so people could attend both?
19:21 huginn nengard: I've exhausted my database of quotes
19:21 nancyk #info the hotel will provide free meeting space, internet for meetings 10MB up and down all meeting days.
19:21 nengard oh ... no @
19:21 nengard stilly me
19:21 nengard silly
19:22 nancyk i can get the tax rate information so we all will know the bottom line
19:23 nancyk #topic NLA  Nevada Library Association
19:23 Topic for #koha is now NLA  Nevada Library Association (Meeting topic: Kohacon plan Feb2013)
19:23 John_Crockett @nengard, absolutely.  Koha attendees are most welcome to attend NLA speakers and workshops, however we do charge a registration fee of $20 per day.
19:23 huginn John_Crockett: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
19:24 nengard John_Crockett I meant the other way around - KohaCon is free so NLA folks can come to ours
19:24 nengard :)
19:24 nancyk #info We are sharing some break time .space with NLA on Thursday and Friday
19:24 cait :)
19:24 John_Crockett yes, Washoe County staff and NLA attendees will be made aware they are welcome at KohaCon workshops
19:25 John_Crockett yes, we definitely want to maximize mingling during breaks
19:25 nancyk #info we did the sharing to get better room rates.  You can also chat with Nevada librarians during the breaks
19:26 nancyk #topic Further discussion on presentations
19:26 Topic for #koha is now Further discussion on presentations (Meeting topic: Kohacon plan Feb2013)
19:26 cait I think it would be good to get the call for papers out soon
19:26 nengard Yes - you want me to set that up
19:26 cait so people can start planning and the programme is set early
19:26 nengard like in previous years?
19:26 cait I wouldn't try to ask for special topics I think - maybe have a wiki page again for suggestions what people wnat to hear and just see what comes in
19:27 cait so um. like in previous years maybe?
19:27 nancyk #info so far we have newbie tips, panel discussions, for hackfest, virtual servers
19:27 nengard I find a form much easier as a program planner to sort through then a wiki page
19:27 nengard but we can have a wiki page where people ask for topics they'd like to see
19:27 nengard but we had an official form for proposals in previous years
19:27 nengard And then that info went on to the wiki once approved
19:27 cait nengard: right, I meant a form to send in your abstract
19:28 cait but maybe a iwki page for people to note what they would like to hear
19:28 nengard yup
19:28 nengard agreed
19:28 nengard sounds great
19:28 cait sorry :) bit tired
19:28 nancyk #info we are going to get a call for papers ready soon, just wanted any suggestions
19:28 nengard I can get that done today and share the link with John for the conference page
19:29 nengard nancyk you want to do it? I had volunteered for program planning so I can set it up
19:29 nengard I think I still have previous year's templates
19:29 nengard and can just change the date and publish :)
19:30 cait quite sure the one from last year I did for slef shoudl be still around in wordpress too
19:30 nancyk ok nicole, we should talk about getting that out asap
19:30 nengard I can do it now
19:30 nengard be done today
19:30 nancyk great
19:30 nengard be done in a few minutes actually
19:31 nancyk ok
19:31 nancyk #topic plans for a trip somewhere fun on saturday
19:31 Topic for #koha is now plans for a trip somewhere fun on saturday (Meeting topic: Kohacon plan Feb2013)
19:32 nancyk #info What do you think about arranging for a bus to and from a couple of locations?
19:32 nengard #info call for speakers:[…]2hJQ2U4S3hXX2c6MA
19:34 nancyk ok
19:34 talljoy what kind of locations nancyk
19:34 cait nengard: can you make the fields a bit longer? title is very short :)
19:34 nengard I'll try ... it's a google thing
19:35 nengard don't think they let you change field sizes
19:35 John_Crockett call for programs link added to
19:35 nancyk #info Lake Tahoe, either a cruise or just messing around, or Virginia City, an historic  western town
19:35 cait nengard: the link to registration needs an update :)
19:35 nengard already did
19:35 nengard refresh
19:36 nancyk nicole, you are making my head spin
19:36 talljoy she does that to us all.  whirling dervish she is
19:36 * nengard takes it as a compliment
19:36 talljoy as you should
19:37 nancyk #topic Anything else for now?
19:37 Topic for #koha is now Anything else for now? (Meeting topic: Kohacon plan Feb2013)
19:37 talljoy nancyk can you post some interesting sites to visit and ask for interest on the wiki?
19:37 talljoy or did nengard already do that?  ;-)
19:38 nengard i don't know a darn thing about NV :) so that's all Nancy :)
19:38 nancyk #info I'll get John C. to do that next week
19:38 talljoy get to it John_Crockett
19:38 John_Crockett I'm on it!
19:38 nancyk #info We also have phone apps for visiting reno
19:39 talljoy cool
19:39 drojf for firefox os?
19:39 nengard oh - phone tips - we needed tips when we went to the UK about how to get our phones to work and where to get sim cards, etc etc
19:40 John_Crockett the Reno-Tahoe Visitors Association link that's on the wiki now is most helpful
19:40 nengard that would be nice for those coming from outside of the US
19:40 John_Crockett great suggestion, we'll be sure to add that
19:41 nancyk #info the phone apps are for apple and android
19:41 nancyk #info So I guess we will wait to see what comes in for programs, and I'll get the room tax info out to the list with links
19:42 nengard John_Crockett can you put a blog post on Koha-Community about the conference page and the info on it - and the call for speakers
19:42 nengard or do you want me to?
19:42 jcamins_away If it hasn't been done or mentioned yet, someone should announce the call for speakers.
19:42 nancyk yes please
19:42 jcamins_away Oh, and nengard said that while I was waiting for my keylag to catch up.
19:43 nengard hehe
19:43 nancyk #topic next meeting March 19, same time or another time?
19:43 Topic for #koha is now next meeting March 19, same time or another time? (Meeting topic: Kohacon plan Feb2013)
19:44 nancyk are you tired of meeting at 19UTC?
19:44 John_Crockett @nengard, will do
19:44 huginn John_Crockett: I've exhausted my database of quotes
19:44 cait it's a good time for europe - early evening
19:44 cait probably bad for india?
19:44 nengard the time works for me
19:44 nengard but it does seem like we're a small group today
19:45 nancyk #info ok March 19   19 UTC for our next meeting
19:45 drojf isnt europe travelling to france at that time?
19:45 nancyk #info I'll be contacting the screeners soon
19:45 nengard I will not be able to attend (just an fyi)
19:46 nancyk anything else?
19:46 wahanui rumour has it anything else is a guess
19:46 nengard hehe
19:46 nengard Nothing else I can think about
19:46 nancyk nice
19:46 cait drojf: true, but not all europe :)
19:46 nancyk ok that's it for now, lots of info to come.
19:47 nancyk #endmeeting
19:47 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to irc:// this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
19:47 huginn Meeting ended Tue Feb 19 19:44:39 2013 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
19:47 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-02-19-19.00.html
19:47 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]3-02-19-19.00.txt
19:47 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]19-19.00.log.html
19:49 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software The next general meeting is 13 March 2013 at 18:00 UTC
19:49 tcohen bye #koha
19:52 NateC joined #koha
20:07 oleonard jcamins_away: You going to Reno?
20:10 jcamins_away oleonard: I will go to at least part of it, I think.
20:11 jcamins_away You?
20:11 wahanui You are welcome, I also tried the other - moving js out of translated paths
20:11 oleonard Yes
20:13 oleonard I'm missing Marseille Hackfest, so I can't miss KohaCon
20:13 oleonard Anyway, I haven't been to a KohaCon since 2008. That's ridiculous!
20:13 * jcamins_away has never been to a KohaCon!
20:14 oleonard At least you were at the last one virtually
20:14 jcamins_away True.
20:15 NateC_ joined #koha
20:16 drojf will there be live streaming?
20:16 rangi 2009 oleonard :)
20:16 drojf best question, too late for meeting :(
20:16 rangi we didnt have one in 2008 :)
20:16 oleonard You're right of course rangi
20:16 rangi drojf: its incredibly hard to set that up and have it work reliably
20:16 oleonard Just goes to show how long it's been :P
20:17 rangi drojf: you basically either need someone who doesnt mind missing the whole conference to look after it
20:17 rangi or pay someone
20:17 jcamins_away Even recording a conference is difficult.
20:17 * rangi bailed for kohacon10
20:17 rangi but we did get everything recorded
20:17 rangi we rented equipment to do that
20:17 jcamins_away And was it easy?
20:18 rangi with a few stationery cameras, its not so bad
20:18 jcamins_away I guess it's the post-recording part that's problematic, when you want to make the video available to people.
20:18 rangi stationary too
20:18 rangi yep
20:18 rangi we had antisirk for that :)
20:18 drojf yeah streaming is probably a lot of work and in the end it does not function properly
20:19 cait and she did part of it at the hackfest I tihnk?
20:19 rangi yeah and sucks all the bandwidth out of the room :)
20:19 cait also utilizing some other macs
20:19 rangi yup
20:20 * oleonard hoards the bandwidth
20:23 rangi
20:23 rangi theres all the kohacon10 ones
20:27 rangi should I offer to do a history of Koha talk?
20:27 cait totally :)
20:28 cait and do your thing to really confuse them at the beginning :)
20:28 rangi heh
20:29 rangi ill submit 2 proposals they can pick one
20:29 drojf there was a point when i thought i could speak it together with rangi for the edinburgh video. it was my test for the html5 video enhancement, i don't know how often i had to watch the beginning :D
20:30 rangi heh
20:30 NateC joined #koha
20:31 cait heh
20:31 cait wise choice tho
20:32 jcamins_away I should probably submit a proposal to talk about something.
20:33 jcamins_away I feel like that's expected of the former RM.
20:33 oleonard Like maybe a talk about how obnoxious developers are
20:36 drojf germany opened an "open data" portal, like minutes ago. and it crashed immediately. i'm so proud of my country :P
20:36 rangi heh
20:36 cait lol
20:37 drojf at least java throws nice errors ;)
20:39 drojf germ engineering…
20:40 cait drojf: hm
20:41 cait drojf: starting to wonder if you are not really serious in your appreciation for this great country's achievements
20:41 cait yay oleonard is giving memore to qa!
20:42 cait well... we need sign-offers first of course...
20:45 jcamins_away oleonard: will all the save buttons get replaced with Bootstrap buttons too?
20:46 oleonard We could decide to style all input buttons as Bootstrap buttons if we wanted to. It's a matter of adding a class or two to each
20:47 jcamins_away Is there a strong argument for doing that (or for not doing that)?
20:48 oleonard I would say there is an argument for keeping standard submit buttons visually different from toolbar buttons, but that isn't necessarily an argument against Bootstrap all around because we could do it with color
20:54 jcamins_away NYU is testing Summon.
20:54 oleonard Whassat?
20:55 jcamins_away Ebsco's "discovery layer."
20:55 jcamins_away NYU just implemented a discovery layer two years ago.
20:55 jcamins_away It didn't work on mobile browsers.
20:56 * jcamins_away discovered that. :D
20:57 * jcamins_away nudges oleonard enthusiastically... you see what I did there? :P
20:57 oleonard :D
20:58 drojf jcamins_away, discovery layer deficiency discoverer
20:58 jcamins_away drojf: you can simplify that: "jcamins_away, discovery layer user."
20:59 drojf hehe
20:59 oleonard So, a discover layer is what you add when the default search interface sucks? Is that right?
21:00 NateC joined #koha
21:00 rangi the only thing that a discovery layer adds (in theory) is the ability to search databases and your catalogue at the same time
21:00 rangi but yes most ppl use it cos their opac sux
21:01 rangi however so do almost all discovery layers
21:01 jcamins_away rangi: unfortunately, most discovery layers fail to include databases due to licensing restrictions.
21:01 rangi exactly
21:01 rangi its pretty much a fail all round
21:01 rangi you no longer have realtime info, lose features (in koha anyway)
21:01 cait I have been thinking about saying something like that
21:02 cait because they put my koha presentation in the discovery service session...
21:02 rangi id say discovery layers promise lots, deliver nothing
21:03 rangi
21:04 nengard left #koha
21:04 rangi
21:04 rangi (aquabrowser and EDS respectively)
21:05 rangi try linking to a search result page in either
21:05 rangi oh wait you cant
21:05 rangi 1997 called it wants its dumbarse sessions in urls back
21:05 jcamins_away Hehe.
21:05 oleonard Wow yeah
21:06 Dyrcona rangi: You need to convince WCL to use Koha!
21:06 rangi believe me, we've tried
21:06 rangi its TLC CarlX and aquabrowser
21:06 rangi im not happy my rates are paying (in a tiny part) for that
21:06 rangi try finding any of the 4 cd's they have by the the
21:06 rangi :)
21:07 Dyrcona Anyone ever gotten aquabrowser to work with Koha?
21:07 Dyrcona We've had some people ask if aquabrowser works with Evergreen.
21:07 rangi ive never tried, im sure you could, just not sure of the point .. worse search results? :)
21:07 Dyrcona rangi: Next time anyone asks, I'll quote you on that!
21:08 rangi go right ahead :-)
21:08 Dyrcona ot, but I just read something about Mt. Cleese in Palmerston North today.
21:08 * rangi went to university there
21:10 jcamins_away I'm sure Aquabrowser would work fine with Koha or Evergreen.
21:10 jcamins_away It just loads all your records and promptly loses track of them.
21:11 jcamins_away cait: the Taschenbuch thing is music.
21:11 cait that makes sense with the joy stuff then
21:11 rangi i quite like how all your searches for a library 140km away, go to the US and back
21:11 rangi oh wait
21:11 rangi no i dont
21:11 oleonard Wow is that really how that works?
21:11 rangi yup
21:12 rangi is 12 hops away from me
21:12 rangi somewhere in the US
21:13 rangi you probably get faster search results
21:13 rangi than someone in the library
21:13 rangi how many hops for you?
21:14 maximep could someone confirm something with me on >= 3.10 ? bug 7437
21:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7437 normal, P5 - low, ---, fcapovilla, In Discussion , Baskets become invisible in bookseller's list when all their items are received
21:14 maximep are all orders shown on the basket page or only orders with items not received ?
21:14 Dyrcona rangi: I get 6 hops.
21:14 rangi see, thats just wrong :)
21:15 rangi maximep: i dont know im afraid
21:15 * oleonard gets 9
21:15 oleonard I guess that helps narrow down the geography
21:15 maximep so hard to track down because that code was completly rewritten twice last year :/
21:16 rangi maximep: yeah :(
21:16 maximep having too much activity is a great problem to have :D
21:18 Dyrcona rangi: Catalyst need to create a service like aquabrowser only better, then convince NZ libraries to use it. :)
21:18 rangi like blacklight? or vufind?
21:19 druthb_mobile joined #koha
21:19 Dyrcona yeah, or even better. :)
21:22 cait maximep: on the basket page it should be all- received ones with rcvd in front
21:23 cait or it used to be like that... still hope it is
21:30 NateC joined #koha
21:30 oleonard Later #koha
21:31 kathryn joined #koha
21:31 kathryn morning :)
21:32 cait morning kathryn
21:32 kathryn hiya cait
21:34 bgkriegel joined #koha
22:21 dcook joined #koha
22:21 tcohen joined #koha
22:43 brylie joined #koha
22:55 JesseM_away left #koha
22:55 BobB joined #koha
22:55 BobB_ joined #koha
23:03 qu-bit joined #koha
23:22 cait noone here?
23:24 * dcook pops his head up
23:24 dcook Ish?
23:26 cait ah someone here :)
23:35 mtj hi cait, dcook  - im about-ish too… :)
23:35 dcook hi mtj :)
23:35 * cait hands out cookies to everyone around
23:37 mtj ive been nibbling chocolate and coffee, my parents are gonna kill me!
23:37 cait sugar high?
23:37 cait :)
23:38 mtj yeah, then on the trampoline for 30 mins :)
23:40 cait lol
23:42 maximep left #koha
23:53 papa joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary