IRC log for #koha, 2013-02-12

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:05 bgkriegel dcook: a cronjob, or put to work
00:08 dcook Hmm, I don't even see that file anywhere. Is it debian specific?
00:09 dcook Or maybe just newer than my install
00:09 dcook jcamins++
00:09 dcook eythian++
00:11 maximep left #koha
00:18 rambutan left #koha
00:20 bgkriegel sorry, was working on a boring bug. The file: kohaclone/misc/bin/
00:20 bgkriegel is in master
00:23 bgkriegel but you can do " -a -z; -b -x -nosanitize -z" every 2/5/x minutes
00:31 jcamins dcook: your koha-dev directory is probably well out of date... you might want to run the installer to update to latest master.
00:35 dcook Hmm, sounds reasonable, jcamins
00:35 dcook Thanks for the path, bgkriegel. I don't know why it didn't show up in my grepping..
00:54 dcook Hmm, doesn't look like I can upgrade my koha-dev directory on my own, jcamins. Looks like one needs to sudo for that
00:55 jcamins That explaind your permissions problem.
00:55 jcamins *explains
00:55 dcook ?
00:55 jcamins Purring cat makes typing difficult.
00:55 dcook Hehe.
00:56 jcamins Dev installs should not be installed with sudo.
00:56 dcook Ahh, I haven't tried
00:56 dcook I was looking at the documentation
00:56 bag ah koha-dev shouldn't be root
00:56 dcook It says:
00:56 dcook perl Makefile.PL --prev-install-log /path/to/koha-install-log
00:56 dcook make
00:56 dcook make test
00:56 dcook sudo make upgrade
00:56 jcamins For standard installs.
00:57 jcamins Just `make upgrade` for dev installs.
00:57 dcook Intriguing
01:00 bag time to make the dinners
01:00 dcook bon appétit, bag
01:02 dcook Hmm dom or grs1...
01:03 dcook Looks like I was using dom before
01:05 dcook Hmm, I don't have all the Perl module prereqs
01:06 dcook Are any of these enough to blow up Koha?
01:06 dcook Warning: prerequisite AnyEvent 5.0 not found.
01:06 dcook Warning: prerequisite AnyEvent::HTTP 2.13 not found.
01:06 dcook Warning: prerequisite Cache::Memcached::Fast 0.17 not found.
01:06 dcook Warning: prerequisite Test::YAML::Valid 0.04 not found.
01:10 pastebot "rangi" at pasted "Perl training notes" (37 lines) at
01:11 dcook Today is the day of interesting connections
01:11 dcook Paul Fenwicks is a friend of a friend
01:11 jcamins No, none of those are required.
01:11 dcook Excellent. Thanks, jcamins
01:53 dcook Cool. Thanks for the info, jcamins.
02:18 eythian_ there are far too many DB dependent modules in master that aren't skipped.
02:18 eythian_ (aren't skipped in tests, that is)
02:18 jcamins Oh?
02:18 jcamins Which ones?
02:18 wahanui Which ones are those?
02:18 eythian_ I've patched about 3 so far
02:19 rangi 3.10 is ok, well it was yesterday
02:19 jcamins Yes, which ones?
02:19 wahanui which ones are those?
02:19 eythian_ C4::Breeding, C4::XSLT, C4::RotatingCollections
02:19 jcamins There haven't been any changes to any of those recently that I recall.
02:19 eythian_ it's possible something the depend upon has changed
02:20 jcamins Odd.
02:23 pastebot "eythian" at pasted "Error log for test cases" (18 lines) at
02:23 eythian_ jcamins: ^
02:23 eythian_ looks like
02:23 eythian_ hmm, maybe
02:24 rangi bgkriegel++ #thanks for the signoff
02:24 bgkriegel rangi: is good to finish it!
02:25 bgkriegel works very well
02:25 rangi excellent
02:25 rangi im going to do the ccsr template next
02:25 rangi (should be easy just 2 files to touch)
02:25 rangi then i might do the staff side
02:26 rangi cos im sick of having to remember a bunch of passwords for the koha i look after hehe
02:26 rangi but ill do those as sep bugs
02:26 bgkriegel i'm with frameworks, I'll end up blind
02:26 eythian_ jcamins: oddly, it seems to work if I do it manually
02:26 rangi heh
02:26 eythian_ it's just during the package build they fail
02:27 jcamins eythian_: yeah, for me too.
02:28 jcamins Oh well.
02:29 eythian_ I don't know what'd differ in the environment.
02:35 jcamins eythian_: I just built master packages successfully a few days ago.
02:36 eythian_ I can't figure it out, it doesn't make sense.
02:36 jcamins And I have not pushed anything that wasn't UI-only.
02:36 jcamins So maybe stale data in your pbuilder environment?
02:36 eythian_ maybe I'll try cleaning everything and trying again
03:08 eythian_ cleaned out everything I could, no change :/
03:15 eythian_ jcamins: what's odd is that 3.10 works OK, so it's something in master
03:15 jcamins That's very odd, because I can't see anything, and, as I said, I built a package off master three days ago.
03:16 eythian_ might see if I can automate a git bisect to run over night.
03:17 jcamins Sounds like a good idea.
03:18 druthb joined #koha
03:20 druthb o/
03:31 eythian_ rolled this back a fair way, still failing :/
03:32 eythian_ need to build master packages more.
03:37 eythian_ OK, I've found a commit that builds. I can hopefully script a bisect to run from there.
04:02 eythian Bisecting: 9 revisions left to test after this (roughly 3 steps) ... getting there.
04:15 eythian wahanui: @quote 123 is <reply>
04:15 wahanui ...but @quote 123 is <reply> @quote get 123...
04:16 eythian wahanui: @quote get 123 is <reply>
04:16 wahanui OK, eythian.
04:16 eythian @quote get 123
04:16 huginn eythian: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
04:16 wahanui
04:16 eythian perfect
04:16 druthb wahanui:  eythian?
04:16 wahanui eythian is great at jokes. That everyone else misses them isn't his problem.
04:17 druthb wahanui: eythian is also an expert bot trainer
04:17 wahanui okay, druthb.
04:17 druthb :P
04:23 Oak joined #koha
04:23 druthb Hi, Oak!
04:24 Oak hi druthb :)
04:24 wizzyrea haha!
04:24 wizzyrea be eythian
04:24 wahanui Sod it all, let's head to the pub!
04:24 dcook I'm with wahanui on this one...
04:24 wizzyrea be wizzyrea
04:24 wahanui do you like my aspirational, irritatingly American, optimism?
04:24 druthb be druthb
04:24 wahanui Harrumph!
04:24 wizzyrea hehehehe
04:24 druthb !
04:25 * druthb gives wahanui the ebil eye
04:25 druthb be bag
04:25 eythian wahanui: be zippy
04:25 wahanui Are we live or on tape?
04:25 wizzyrea I was hoping it would flutter around shouting "I'm a pixie!"
04:25 eythian wahanui: be zippy
04:25 wahanui Mr and Mrs PED, can I borrow 26.7% of the RAYON TEXTILE production of the INDONESIAN archipelago?
04:25 eythian wahanui: be zippy
04:25 wahanui Boys, you have ALL been selected to LEAVE th' PLANET in 15 minutes!!
04:26 * druthb goes :P at wizzyrea.
04:26 wizzyrea but you *are* a pretty little pixie
04:26 druthb Awr!  Thanx!
04:28 eythian @later tell jcamins_away apparently commit 92782d38328e712ddde5c7f879473c6cb46aaef3 is the issue
04:28 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
04:28 druthb wizzyrea: I'm blaming you for the weather in Lawrence.  Since you left, it's been indecisive ever since.
04:29 wizzyrea hmm
04:29 wizzyrea I think wellington may have a corner on the market for indecisive weather
04:30 druthb *I* have been wandering around like I don't know what to do since you left, so I'm not surprised that the weather is, too.
04:30 wizzyrea this morning it rained, then it was fine, and then it sprinkled, and then it was fine, and then it was a little windy, and then it rained, and now it's more or less fine.
04:30 druthb lol
04:35 druthb yesterday was very windy here, after some rain on Saturday.  The trailer rumbled and boomed all day!
04:36 wizzyrea oh you had a *day* where the weather was the same.
04:36 wizzyrea a whole day!
04:36 druthb :P
04:36 wizzyrea oh look there's rain coming over the hill again.
04:37 druthb Tomorrow, windy and cloudy with a chance of sun and earthquakes.
04:37 wizzyrea tomorrow: NOBODY KNOWS
04:37 wizzyrea seriously.
04:37 wizzyrea not even the metservice.
04:37 druthb So does the metservice just roll d20 and pick from a list?
04:37 druthb (that's what they do in west TX)
04:37 wizzyrea @wunder wellington, nz
04:37 * wizzyrea taps her toe
04:37 huginn wizzyrea: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 20.0°C (5:00 PM NZDT on February 12, 2013). Conditions: Light Rain Showers. Humidity: 78%. Dew Point: 16.0°C. Pressure: 29.89 in 1012 hPa (Steady).
04:38 wizzyrea see, it couldn't even decide what the weather was
04:38 druthb @wunder 66046
04:38 huginn druthb: The current temperature in Lawrence Live-Courtesy of the Khoury's, Lawrence, Kansas is -0.9°C (10:35 PM CST on February 11, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 74%. Dew Point: -5.0°C. Windchill: -1.0°C. Pressure: 30.18 in 1022 hPa (Rising).
04:38 wizzyrea that's downright tropical
04:38 wizzyrea cold.
04:38 wizzyrea br.
04:38 druthb yusss.
04:38 dcook Can anyone confirm that the majority of Bib-1 relation attributes don't work when using ICU indexing? I've noticed the same results as this person:[…]April/002190.html
04:43 dcook I suppose it doesn't really need confirmation from us, since one of the Index Data folk have already pointed out that it is a bug...
05:00 eythian @later tell jcamins_away belay that, similar but different error
05:00 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
05:56 cait joined #koha
06:03 Oak joined #koha
06:21 JGD joined #koha
06:22 JGD hi, if u just enter the ISBN of a book, will the other details automatically get filled in?
06:23 JGD this is regarding new book cataloguing
06:24 wizzyrea it will if you use z39.50 targets
06:24 wizzyrea to bring in your records
06:25 JGD u mean if click on z39.50
06:25 wizzyrea yep
06:25 wizzyrea and put in your ISBN there
06:26 JGD i dont need to add any other sources or libraries ?
06:27 JGD ok thanks will do
06:33 wizzyrea you can, but you don't have to
06:35 JGD thks so much
06:39 * magnuse waves
06:56 magnuse @wunder marseille
06:56 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 1.0°C (7:30 AM CET on February 12, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 0.0°C. Windchill: -3.0°C. Pressure: 29.56 in 1001 hPa (Steady).
06:56 magnuse @wunder boo
06:56 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is -3.0°C (7:20 AM CET on February 12, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 59%. Dew Point: -10.0°C. Windchill: -9.0°C. Pressure: 30.36 in 1028 hPa (Steady).
06:56 magnuse ha, just 4 degrees difference!
06:56 wizzyrea good morning europe :)
07:01 magnuse hiya wizzyrea
07:01 magnuse have you heard the good news? how extatic are you?
07:14 wizzyrea more marmite?
07:14 wizzyrea wait which news
07:14 magnuse hehe yeah
07:14 magnuse[…]uction-Sanitarium
07:16 magnuse the best part: "Details of the release have been kept so secret, that up until today's announcement, only van Heerden and Prime Minister John Key knew the date it would be back on shelves. "
07:18 Oak magnuse
07:18 Oak cait
07:18 magnuse Oak
07:18 magnuse cait
07:19 cait Oak magnuse
07:20 * cait waves to wizzyrea
07:20 cait :)
07:22 magnuse :-)
07:24 alex_a hello
07:30 cait hi alex_a
07:31 rangi evening
07:31 cait evening rangi
07:37 reiveune joined #koha
07:37 reiveune hello
07:38 Callender joined #koha
07:38 BigRig joined #koha
07:38 moodaepo joined #koha
07:39 mtate joined #koha
07:42 phasefx joined #koha
07:45 JGD hi
07:46 JGD if we have an old book which does not have ISBN or barcode - then how does one enter in koha
07:47 cait you can try a search by title
07:47 cait or author
07:47 cait and if you don#t find it
07:47 cait you catalog it.
07:47 cait look at the search options the z39.50 form provides
07:47 JGD u mean we fill in all details and the ISBN would be generated?
07:48 cait if it does not have an isbn
07:48 cait it does not have one
07:48 cait that's just like it is, isbn are not mandatory
07:48 JGD s, if it does not have ISBN or barcode
07:49 cait sorry, I really have to go :(
07:49 JGD ok tks
07:49 cait check out isbn in wikipedia - they have all the details :)
07:49 cait left #koha
07:49 JGD ok
07:52 laurence joined #koha
07:57 asaurat joined #koha
07:58 asaurat hi
08:04 lds joined #koha
08:13 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:13 gaetan_B hello
08:18 sophie_m joined #koha
08:20 kf joined #koha
08:25 francharb joined #koha
08:26 francharb good morning
08:27 kf hi francharb :)
08:28 francharb 0/ kf
08:32 kf francharb: you will be in marseille, right? :)
08:32 kf for the hackfest?
08:33 francharb kf, not sure yet
08:33 francharb maybe from wednesday to friday
08:33 francharb hopefully
08:33 francharb :)
08:37 kf oh
08:37 lds joined #koha
08:37 kf francharb: hope it works out!
08:38 francharb :)
08:48 melia joined #koha
08:51 paul_p joined #koha
08:53 kf good morning paul_p
08:55 paul_p kf good morning to you kf (for me, morning is gone ;-) )
08:56 kf ah right, india
09:01 magnuse namaskar paul_p
09:02 magnuse first day of the conf is over?
09:04 paul_p magnuse not at all. atm, Savitra (who was involved in Koha some months ago, and could be again in the next months) is demo-ing AWS calculator.
09:06 magnuse paul_p: ah cool
09:06 magnuse guess the time difference is not as great as i thought
09:16 paul_p magnuse the time diff is 4:30 hours
09:17 paul_p magnuse 14:45 here
09:19 gerundio joined #koha
09:23 magnuse paul_p: got it
09:26 BigRig joined #koha
10:11 bgkriegel joined #koha
10:12 kf *sigh*
10:12 kf indesign--
11:04 magnuse kf: sounds like fun? ;-)
11:44 kf magnuse: it does :)
11:45 magnuse yay :-)
12:24 drojf joined #koha
12:24 drojf good day #koha
12:26 kf good day drojf
12:26 drojf hi kf :)
12:27 kf :)
12:38 nengard joined #koha
12:48 magnuse so how does the SIP server know which koha installation to serve? environment variables? is it possible to have SIP for several instances on the same machine?
12:50 kf magnuse: not sure about instances... but we have it working for a library with more than one branch
12:50 kf and different entries in the xml file for each branch
12:51 magnuse yeah, i see how to do that
12:51 magnuse i'm trying to figure out how to do it with more than one koha installation on the same machine
12:52 magnuse kf: do you know if that library is alone on it's server?
12:52 kf yeah it is
12:52 magnuse ah
12:52 kf I remember some patches from robin for starting/stopping sip
12:52 kf maybe there is a note on one bug?
12:53 magnuse ah, that would be cool
12:54 kf bug 9250
12:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9250 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, Needs Signoff , Provide commands to allow handling of SIP servers in the packages
12:54 kf that looks like a good fit for your question :)
12:54 magnuse yay!
12:54 magnuse kf++
12:55 kf if you sign off jcamins_away can push it - we agreed to not qa packages patches from the packaging manager
12:55 kf hmn try to say that fast 3 times in a row :P
12:58 magnuse lol
12:59 kf hi matts
12:59 matts hi !
13:00 kf but you will be in marseille, right?
13:00 magnuse eythian++
13:04 kf hm someone smuggledin another $
13:04 kf Overdue Fines Cap ($)
13:04 kf meh.
13:14 magnuse ?
13:14 magnuse ah
13:15 oleonard joined #koha
13:16 oleonard Hi #koha
13:23 kf h oleonard :)
13:25 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:27 * jcamins_away just watched a Coronet instructional video from 1950s on "making good use of your leisure time."
13:27 jcamins_away So much fun!
13:28 talljoy joined #koha
13:28 jcamins Excellent way to start a day. :)
13:28 kf lol
13:28 kf jcamins: what was the recommendation?
13:29 drojf i bet it had to do with bugzilla
13:29 jcamins Photography, bird watching, sewing, a part-time job, or piano playing.
13:30 drojf hahaha
13:30 drojf a part-time job
13:30 drojf way to spend your leisure time
13:30 jcamins Yeah, that was my favorite, too.
13:30 drojf like, why not do it unpaid
13:30 drojf oh, that is what i do here :)
13:31 drojf not that i have done much lately
13:32 kf go and study!
13:32 kf :P
13:32 drojf i'm at the library. have to change the import before studying. so they have stuff to play with while i'm gone :)
13:38 jcamins "And baseball games and taffy pulls. I think they're swell!"
13:38 * drojf kicks kde in the balls
13:38 drojf and restart
13:43 drojf joined #koha
13:43 edveal joined #koha
13:44 * drojf has fun watching patrons.
13:45 kf ouch
13:46 kf scheuklappen? :P
13:46 drojf he is right in front of me :(
13:47 kf folding wall
13:53 jcamins Yes! "Then we chop the peanuts!"
13:55 kf jcamins: did you see my note about on the gpl license change bug?
13:55 jcamins kf: Yes.
13:56 kf ah ok
13:56 kf separate bug?
13:56 jcamins Yes please.
13:56 kf np - we just should not forget doing that :)
13:57 drojf i have to write a test for that indicator feature i did not do myself and am not sure what all is supposed to do. that is going to be fun ;)
13:57 Dyrcona jcamins: Cut the tofu. Turn the plate.
13:57 kf hi Dyrcona
13:58 drojf hail seitan. that i really evil, from a no-gluten point of view
13:59 jcamins Dyrcona: yeah! It's as much fun as these instructional videos from the 50s!
14:00 kf bug 9595
14:00 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9595 normal, P5 - low, ---, nengard, NEW , Update About page for license update to GPL3
14:00 kf nengard is default for the about page it seems
14:00 jcamins Thanks!
14:01 kf np
14:03 magnuse kf++
14:03 jcamins Is there a reason we don't use datatables on the patron search results page?
14:04 oleonard jcamins: It would have to be done with AJAX pagination and that's hard?
14:04 jcamins oleonard: ah. Good reason, then.
14:04 NateC joined #koha
14:05 oleonard If you pull the string on Web Developer Barbie's back she says "AJAX pagination is hard!"
14:05 jcamins Hehe.
14:06 kf lol
14:08 jcamins How do I make serial claims work?
14:08 jcamins It tells me I need a template defined, but not what it should be called.
14:08 kf notices
14:09 kf just choose the right module, the code can be anything :)
14:09 kf you can have more than one serial claim - like one in english and one in german
14:10 jcamins Thanks.
14:11 oleonard Did I just hear someone whisper "Serials test data..." ? I'm sure I did.
14:11 jcamins oleonard: where
14:11 jcamins *?
14:12 oleonard That's what I'd like to know.
14:12 jcamins Oh.
14:12 trendynick joined #koha
14:13 kf it's probably not so easy to provide
14:14 kf records are not enough, you need the content from... a lot more tables
14:14 datadoctor joined #koha
14:14 kf and if you create items for your subscriptions which you shoudl do for testing because it complicates things then it gets even more complicated
14:15 oleonard I agree :(
14:17 datadoctor Has anybody noticed a weird branch where the IndependantBranches preference overrides the AutoLocation preference?
14:18 datadoctor So if you have IndependantBranches set to "Don't Prevent" you lose control of your ip range?
14:19 datadoctor if (C4:Context->boolean_prefer​ence('IndependantBranches') && C4::Context->boolean_preference('AutoLocation')){
14:19 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_9462' into 3.12-master <[…]93fb362ce4fd14f45> / Bug 9462 [Revised] Use DataTables on patron detail page <[…]34f83654968da5edf> / Merge branch 'bug_9469' into 3.12-master <[…]mmitdiff;h=aeaea1
14:19 datadoctor [from the]
14:19 alohalog` joined #koha
14:20 datadoctor So to limit access by ip address range you have to have AutoLocation set to require and IndependantBranches set to "Prevent"
14:20 datadoctor Any other combination means you can log in from anywhere.
14:24 jenkins_koha Starting build #1047 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:31 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_9471' into 3.12-master <[…]57cf1dafa26f29fa7> / Bug 9471 - Use DataTables on serials claims page <[…]8c9f2914635a37c23>
14:31 drojf datadoctor: what exactly is your question?
14:32 Callender joined #koha
14:32 drojf or, is there a question? :)
14:33 datadoctor I guess I am thinking that if people aren't aware they have to have both preferences set correctly, then their system can be easily hacked because anyone can get to the login interface
14:34 datadoctor so the documentation needs to be improved, or the AutoLocation preference needs to take prioirity.
14:34 datadoctor If you set an ip address range and then choose "Require" you to log in from that range, it should not be overridden.
14:34 drojf i see, makes sense
14:34 datadoctor By this construction: "if (C4:Context->boolean_prefer​ence('IndependantBranches') && C4::Context->boolean_preference('AutoLocation')){"
14:36 datadoctor I want to remove the first clause checking the IndependantBranches, but I operate in a single branch environment, and I'm not sure of the implications for Multi-Branch environments
14:36 drojf i would not say that the system »can be easily hacked« though
14:36 datadoctor I can try to think that through...
14:36 drojf or is there something i don't know about?
14:36 drojf like, security issues with the staff client
14:36 datadoctor Well, if you can remotely access a Koha installation
14:37 datadoctor And you can get to the login screen, there is no timeout, no scrambled text to enter, and no limit on password attempts.
14:37 drojf require staff to choose safe passwords ;)
14:39 datadoctor It's a good idea. However anyone with borrower privileges can change their own password.
14:39 datadoctor I like your optimism though.
14:39 drojf you can set the lenght of the password
14:40 drojf but i see your point
14:40 drojf it's a feature, it is supposed to work
14:40 datadoctor Thank you. That is a good idea. I didn't think to set the length of the password.
14:40 * oleonard shudders at the thought of having to enter a CAPTCHA upon each Koha login
14:41 datadoctor I don't like CAPTCHA either.
14:41 drojf our staff would probably kill me if i require passwords with a minimal length of 20, but i should do it anyway
14:41 datadoctor ;)
14:42 oleonard I'll send post-it notes for your monitors!
14:42 drojf at the university people still think the best password is something like %/r.CZa1, but please max 8 characters or something
14:42 drojf lol oleonard
14:42 kf we limit access by ip too
14:42 kf but using a firewall
14:43 drojf we did too, but i could not access it from wifi. since i don't have an office and use my own laptop, that did not work
14:43 kf ah right
14:43 drojf wifi only has dhcp
14:43 datadoctor That might be the best solution for our library, but right now we have our Koha server facing out.
14:44 drojf we'll see how it is done once we are live
14:44 datadoctor So staff go out for name resolution, then return. If I could route staff side requests internally that would solve my problem.
14:44 drojf we are not allowed to leave the univerity network anyway at the moment
14:45 ryansipes joined #koha
14:46 datadoctor Thanks for helping me think this through. I think I will edit the code locally so that I do not check for the IndependantBranches setting. As for others...
14:46 datadoctor they will have to test their security.
14:47 kf I am not sure why it shoudl be tied to indybranches... maybe a bug?
14:48 druthb joined #koha
14:48 drojf i would of course like to encourage you to look into the implications of a change in koha source code, it sounds like it is not supposed to be the way it is now
14:48 datadoctor The idea may have been that "Don't Prevent" access from other branches would allow the other branches to log in remotely?
14:48 drojf otherwise you will make your updates more complicatd
14:49 datadoctor But they should log in locally...then request that materials be sent to their branch.
14:49 kf datadoctor: but if you wanted that... you coudl maybe solve it by configuration? or does ip only take one, I never tried
14:50 * magnuse has a customer who has talked about combining ip-limitations with email confirmations. use 'AutoLocation' for "office IPs" and then let staff who want to log in from off site generate an email, click on a verification link in the email, and then the ip the request comes from is opened for that session only
14:50 datadoctor I'm single branch here, but thinking about the implications if the " if (C4:Context->boolean_prefere​nce('IndependantBranches')" is removed - then the ip range test works correctly, but may affect remote login in libraries with remote branches.
14:51 datadoctor Thanks magnuse! That is interesting.
14:51 datadoctor We didn't realize we had a security problem until our outreach librarian logged in remotely.
14:53 datadoctor magnuse - your method might allow us to secure the ip address range, but allow outreach to access.
14:53 kf datadoctor: you only have 1 branch?
14:53 datadoctor one branch
14:53 magnuse datadoctor: yup, that is the idea, i think
14:53 kf so why not just turn indiependentbranches off?
14:53 kf maybe a better workaround then modifying the code?
14:53 datadoctor I believe it is turned off.
14:53 kf the setting should not make any difference for you
14:53 magnuse datadoctor: talk to Viktor about it if you see him popping his head in here :-)
14:54 datadoctor Thanks!
14:54 oleonard Bug 9591 is a weird one
14:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9591 blocker, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Set Library changes after viewing Holds Queue >> reserves item
14:55 * magnuse wonders idly when we will hit bug #10k
14:55 huginn Bug[…]how_bug.cgi?id=10 normal, P2, ---, chris, CLOSED FIXED, doesn't check for mysql connectivity
14:56 magnuse hehe, nice try huginn
14:56 kf soonish? :)
14:57 kf i filed bug 9595 earlier today
14:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9595 normal, P5 - low, ---, nengard, NEW , Update About page for license update to GPL3
14:58 drojf i claim 9999
14:58 drojf no sure what for
14:59 nengard sorry - was on a call - i'm the default for the about page? should I have known that?? :)
14:59 oleonard Bug report 9999: "Database update causes Koha to become self-aware, kills all humans."
14:59 nengard heading in to a demo, but if I have bugs I need to address I will do so later today
14:59 maximep joined #koha
14:59 datadoctor chuckles
14:59 drojf yay for killing all humans
15:00 drojf zebras, zebras everywhere
15:00 datadoctor prepare to be re-indexed!
15:00 nengard left #koha
15:00 kf nengard: I only noticed when I filed the bug - was not sure who else to assign it to so left default
15:04 magnuse kf: you might want to repeat that with a @later?
15:06 kf @later tell nengard  I only noticed when I filed the bug - was not sure who else to assign it to so left default (bug 9595)
15:06 huginn kf: The operation succeeded.
15:08 jcamins Three more patches to QA.
15:08 jcamins *push
15:30 laurence left #koha
15:30 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1047: SUCCESS in 1 hr 5 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1047/
15:30 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 9583 - OPAC cart button display problem in Chromium
15:30 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 9323 [Counter-proposal] Untranslatable string in serials search
15:30 jenkins_koha * Marcel de Rooy: 9105: Followup for closing Zoom connections
15:30 jenkins_koha * Mason James: Bug 9440 - update Koha's LICENSE file from GPL2 to GPL3
15:30 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 9469 - Use Datatables in serials statistics wizard
15:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9583 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , OPAC cart button display problem in Chromium
15:30 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 9462 [Revised] Use DataTables on patron detail page
15:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9323 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Untranslatable string in serials search
15:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9440 trivial, P5 - low, ---, mtj, Pushed to Master , update Koha's LICENSE file from GPL2 to GPL3
15:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9469 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Use Datatables in serials statistics wizard
15:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9462 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Use DataTables on patron detail page
15:31 jenkins_koha Starting build #1048 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:33 magnuse \o/ success!
15:37 drojf yay!
15:45 ryansipes joined #koha
15:57 datadoctor I am thinking that you hit the nail on the head kf. If singlebranchmode is turned on, that should disable independent branches and disable the authentication issue in the
15:57 datadoctor So instead of checking for  if (C4:Context->boolean_prefer​ence('IndependantBranches') && C4::Context->boolean_preference('AutoLocation')){
15:58 datadoctor It would first check if singlebranchmode is on - if it is, it would only check for C4::Context->boolean_preference('AutoLocation'){
15:58 datadoctor and skip the independent branches test
16:00 datadoctor For multi-branch operations, with remote access, they should already be aware about security issues...
16:00 drojf i just found "FIXME FIXME FIXME" in my code. i like how i decided to express the FIXMEcity at that point
16:04 gmcharlt any instance of DONTFIXMEIWANTOLIVE is clearly an insertion by the bug itself :P
16:05 jcamins Heh.
16:05 jcamins gmcharlt++ # for the new MARC::Record.
16:05 jcamins gmcharlt: did you do any testing to see if the new LibXML code made a difference with Koha?
16:06 gmcharlt jcamins:not yet; I planning to do that for both Koha and Evergreen before recommending that the projects bump up the minimum version of MARC::File::XML required
16:06 jcamins Incidentally, did I comment on my findings about XML parsing performance with koha-conf.xml?
16:07 jcamins It's very interesting... XML::Simple with ExpatXS is more or less equivalent to XML::LibXML::Simple.
16:07 gmcharlt I dunno, did you? ;)
16:07 jcamins YAML is, of course, much faster.
16:07 gmcharlt naturally
16:08 jcamins Yeah. But that kind of puts paid to the idea that a different XML parser would make a difference for our use case.
16:09 gmcharlt yeah, that has always seemed to me to be the very definition of a micro-optimization
16:10 gmcharlt if anything, I would think that caching would be suffice
16:10 jcamins Oh, caching is much preferable.
16:14 drojf that february 14 is getting crowded. valentine's day, one billion rising and now "i love free software"-day?
16:16 drojf oh, looks like they did it last year already
16:22 jcamins drojf: don't you love free software every day?
16:23 drojf actually, i do
16:23 jcamins Ugh. should use C4::XSLT.
16:23 drojf i think the point is to thank your favourite projects and donate to the fsf(e) ;)
16:24 jcamins Well, as RM, you're very welcome. :P
16:25 oleonard jcamins: I suspected you were going to say that :P
16:26 jcamins oleonard: yeah, I'm pretty predictable.
16:26 jcamins Fixing the immediate problem like that is acceptable, though.
16:27 drojf if i would want sru/z39.30 to give me a JSON output option i would have to hack zebra, not some part of koha, i suppose?
16:28 jcamins Yes.
16:28 * drojf shudders
16:28 jcamins Well...
16:29 jcamins arguably a better option would be to implement a Z39.50 server for Koha using SimpleServer.
16:29 drojf something about search rewrite?
16:29 drojf :)
16:29 jcamins Someone proposed doing that.
16:29 drojf heh
16:29 jcamins With the SimpleServer-based Z39.50/SRU interface, it'd be much easier, I think.
16:29 jcamins magnuse: around?
16:30 santy joined #koha
16:33 drojf btw i had to modify the public report feature to give me jsonp instead of json for a project, is that something worth putting into git (with a syspref for callback or something)?
16:34 jcamins Yes, I think so.
16:34 drojf ok, will do that some day if i don't forget
16:35 kf drojf: for sru... you could try a special stylesheet maybe?
16:35 kf I think marcelr said they use their own stylesheet with sru
16:35 kf nto sure how easy it is to transform marcxml to json using xslt...
16:36 jcamins kf: horrifyingly painful. :(
16:36 * kf refers to marcelr's talk at kohacon in edi
16:36 * kf think jcamins must be exaggerating
16:36 kf :)
16:37 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1048: SUCCESS in 1 hr 5 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1048/
16:37 jenkins_koha Owen Leonard: Bug 9471 - Use DataTables on serials claims page
16:37 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9471 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Use DataTables on serials claims page
16:40 sivoais_ joined #koha
16:40 drojf kf: i actually took a look at that, but it generated some default header thing that i don't know where it comes from. i did not have much time so i went with the public report instead. but maybe i shouls look at that again
16:40 nengard joined #koha
16:41 santy hello everybody, I was wondering if it is possible while checking out to give a specific HOUR on which the item must have been returned (not just a specific date at 23:59 pm).  If not, is it possible to set up a closing hour per library for this purpose?
16:41 drojf in newer koha there is hourly loans
16:41 drojf newer as in 3.8 i think
16:41 kf I think you can set a specific time now... but not sure if that is in 3.10 but no opening times
16:41 drojf 3.8+
16:42 asaurat left #koha
16:42 santy I have
16:42 kf it might be possible to do useing specify due date and koha 3.8+ more likely 3.10 for using the date due like hat
16:42 drojf 1a?
16:42 santy let me check
16:42 nch joined #koha
16:43 drojf how safe is hourly loans nowadays?
16:43 drojf does it work with fines now?
16:43 kf santy: I just checked, you can set a time with specify due date (in circ) with 3.10.3
16:43 santy sorry its
16:43 kf but it's not calculating that automatically yet
16:45 santy humm, ok, but it's a feature that is being worked on, right?
16:45 jcamins There has been very little progress on it.
16:46 santy ok, thanks
16:46 jcamins Certainly I would not anticipate it being fixed in 3.12.
16:47 santy I also wanted to ask if there have been zebra indexing issues on 3.8 (other than having to use cron instead of the daemon)
16:47 drojf :(
16:47 kf hm it does work... but it's missing bits and pieces probably
16:47 jcamins What do you mean by issues?
16:48 santy like not indexin every record because of diverse reasons (special characters, etc)
16:49 jcamins You'd have to give very concrete examples, but probably the problem is that you should be using ICU.
16:50 santy ICU... that is a configuration parameter during installation right?
16:50 jcamins Yes.
16:50 drojf that depends
16:50 drojf does it work with packages now?
16:51 oleonard Interesting... 255 patrons in our database whose card numbers are completely out of the range of cards we have printed
16:51 jcamins drojf: I'm not sure.
16:51 santy can that parameter be set up after installation? or at least verified?
16:52 santy ok I found it
16:52 drojf santy: you can do it afterwards
16:53 santy it says "Not Using"...
16:53 drojf no
16:53 drojf that is not it
16:53 drojf that is the one telling koha that ICU is used
16:53 drojf it does not activate or deactivate it
16:53 rambutan joined #koha
16:53 santy ok, how can I find out, I installed evthing from packages
16:53 drojf check[…]of_Arabic_records
16:54 santy ok
16:54 kf if you installed from packages it's not activated :(
16:56 drojf oleonard: that's funny. perhaps they have borrowed the 150 records that do not get a control number from my script, while more than 30k do
16:57 oleonard drojf: The Koha shadow economy
16:57 santy hmmm, well the only special chars we use are like áéíóúñ ...
16:57 drojf santy: ignore the arabic part
16:57 santy But i'll try and activate ICU and see if more records get indexed
16:58 santy which is the arabic part?
16:58 drojf on the wiki page for icu
16:58 nch Hi, does anyone know the best way to use Koha through Windows? Have you had luck with Virtualbox or something like that?
16:58 oleonard nengard demo/training = new bugs for us! Every time :)
16:58 jcamins nch: VirtualBox or other virtualization software is best.
16:58 oleonard nch: If you must use Windows, of course
16:59 nengard yep
16:59 nengard why not steal all the ideas and share them with you all?? :)
17:00 nch Sadly, we must. We are a small non-profit and are trying to get a library set up on a really small budget. Is it best to install VirtualBox & Koha on a web server?
17:01 santy drojf: what is ICU for... preparing marcxml strings for correct indexing?
17:05 drojf it is for indexing records that include non-latin script. i think the cases you described could be done without it
17:06 drojf i don't know what your problem is. are not all records indexed, or do you just not find them? that are two different things
17:15 santy drojf: thank you, I think I'll have to find out, it is probably indexing fine
17:16 drojf santy: if you do not use icu, there is a language mapping file. that might need fixes for your non-ascii letters
17:17 koyauni joined #koha
17:17 santy where can I learn more about that language mapping file? can it be configured?
17:18 slef nch: I think the VirtualBox will become a webserver itself, so be aware that the machine you put it on will be accessible to library users (who may be on the internet, if your library's public catalogue is internet-accessible)
17:18 koyauni hi guys,
17:18 wahanui hi guys, is there a way to search for and delete duplicate entries in koha?  I got a spreadsheet from our librarian which I converted to marc file and imported to koha. however (despite bigbrovar's warning) some of the files in the spreadsheet she gave me were duplicates of entries already in koha.
17:18 slef wahanui: forget hi guys,
17:18 wahanui slef: I forgot hi guys,
17:18 jcamins wahanui: forget hi guys,
17:18 wahanui jcamins, I didn't have anything matching hi guys,
17:19 drojf santy: there is a bug needing signoff for a german file, that might give you an idea
17:19 koyauni we have just got problem with our koha, ethe result of searches is not linked to the item found and it give 401 error , please help if you have any idea
17:20 drojf santy:[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9248
17:20 huginn Bug 9248: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Needs Signoff , Add a German Zebra language definition file
17:20 koyauni this is an example, search for culture some results are shown but the error occur when clicked http://library.koyauniversity.[…]
17:22 santy looks nice drojf... I'll check it out thanks
17:22 oleonard koyauni: The error is a 404, which is an important distinction. It means the record wasn't found.
17:22 oleonard koyauni: Sounds like a problem with your index?
17:23 koyauni can do a reindexing
17:24 koyauni is it the command # sudo koha-rebuild-zebra --full -v
17:26 moodaepo joined #koha
17:26 oleonard Can anyone confirm for koyauni?
17:27 drojf i think it is miising the instance name
17:27 drojf missing
17:27 koyauni I need to stop and restrat and the reindex, am I right, my instance name is LIBRARY
17:37 koyauni this guy says run these command to fixed it, but I run Debian 6+ and I do not know about deamon
17:38 koyauni http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]04-td3063474.html
17:38 koyauni what do you day in Debian please
17:39 santy Is it possible to reindex only a branch or even only a record?
17:39 francharb` joined #koha
17:40 koyauni I want to stop the whole and then do a total reindexing
17:40 koyauni what are the commands please,
17:41 drojf santy: you can give ranges at least
17:41 oleonard Bummer, git bisect blames me for Bug 9572
17:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9572 trivial, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Opac info tooltip from branches is not well positioned
17:41 santy drojf, ok that sounds really sweet, where can I find out?
17:43 jcamins santy: there's a script called I've never used it, but that should do it.
17:43 drojf santy: i dont know if a "man koha-rebuild-zebra" or "koha-rebuild-zebra -h" does anything, otherwise you would have to look for the .pl file.
17:43 drojf ah and there is the thing jcamins mentions, that i also have never used
17:43 jcamins I don't think you can do it with koha-rebuild-zebra.
17:44 jcamins So you have to run using sudo as your instance-koha user.
17:44 jcamins (replace "instance" with your instance's name)
17:44 santy ok as cc-koha user
17:44 drojf you can do single records or like "the first 100" or stuff like that
17:44 santy but sudoing
17:45 santy and that script is in misc?
17:45 talljoy misc/migration_tools
17:45 jcamins drojf: you can? That must be new.
17:45 santy ok
17:45 jcamins drojf: I had thought you could choose to do the first n records, but not any other subset.
17:46 santy superb, thank you
17:47 talljoy there is $where in
17:47 talljoy could use that perhaps to limit to biblionumber < xxx  ?
17:47 * talljoy has never done so
17:49 jcamins talljoy: hmm... that does ring a bell with me, now that you remind me.
17:49 drojf jcamins:  'where:s'; 'length:i';  'offset:i' . not sure what the "where" does
17:49 jcamins --where="biblionumber <= 100" I think.
17:49 talljoy claims to allow a where statement to be added.  the example is where itemtype=Book
17:50 drojf $strsth.=qq{ WHERE $where } if ($where);
17:50 drojf lol
17:50 drojf whatever that might mean ;) but you might be right
17:51 drojf maybe it works for branch even?
17:51 talljoy --where                 let you specify a WHERE query, like itemtype='BOOK'
17:51 talljoy or something like that
17:51 jcamins drojf: I don't think so... branches are in the items table.
17:51 drojf ah
17:51 drojf makes sense
17:52 talljoy it looks like it applies it to biblioitems though.
17:52 talljoy
17:53 talljoy so even the example given of itemtype wouldn't work here
17:53 talljoy curious....
17:54 drojf heh
17:54 talljoy oddly enough i suppose you could specify something like pages>300 .
17:55 * talljoy would mock this usage...but imagines there is a library somewhere who want this
17:55 jcamins Hehe.
17:55 jcamins You're probably right.
17:55 santy I want this
17:56 talljoy :-D
17:56 talljoy then there you go.
17:56 talljoy oh and i do see itemtype in biblioitems.   <need to break out the reading glasses>
17:56 santy ok, I'll try to "exploit" this
17:56 talljoy good luck santy!
17:57 santy thanks
17:58 koyauni can someone direct me to reindexing zebra please, It sreached but I can not fine it
18:04 slef koyauni: packaged or tarball?
18:04 slef wahanui: reindex zebra?
18:04 wahanui slef: i don't know
18:04 slef wahanui: help
18:05 drojf wahanui: initiate self-destruct sequence
18:05 wahanui drojf: i'm not following you...
18:05 drojf at least he is answering me
18:06 koyauni sorry I keep looking and searching to solve this issue,
18:06 oleonard koyauni: You installed using packages right?
18:06 slef koyauni: yeah, it's fine, just ignore anyone who tries to help, that'll work(!) :-(
18:07 * slef goes to do something else
18:07 koyauni packaged or tarball? koha is
18:07 koyauni i used common installation
18:08 koyauni and we had no problem, this is just happend recently
18:10 cait joined #koha
18:12 koyauni I ran this and now it says no result is there :(  sudo koha-rebuild-zebra -v –full `/usr/sbin/koha-list`
18:12 koyauni may be it takes some time
18:12 koyauni I hope I did not do something stupid :(
18:13 cait don't run it with sudo
18:14 cait it will cause permission problems
18:14 cait and your zebra won't work
18:14 cait_afk sorry, will be back later
18:15 koyauni so should I remove SUDO, but that is in the instruction provided at Koha here[…]ch-stuff-up-help/
18:16 koyauni well what ever it did, now I do not get any results at all, I am not sure if it still working create new indexing
18:21 datadoctor rebuild with -b -v - see if it halts during the process
18:23 koyauni do I need to stop it first
18:24 koyauni you mean koha-rebuild-zebra -v -b –full `/usr/sbin/koha-list`
18:24 datadoctor that's what I'm talking about
18:24 nengard left #koha
18:25 datadoctor the verbose flag -v helps detect problem records that may be halting the index process
18:25 datadoctor specifically problem biblios that halt the -b indexing
18:27 datadoctor using a -x flag can also be helpful for rebuilding the MARC XML indexing, but for troubleshooting you will save time with -b -v
18:27 datadoctor you can stop an indexing script at any time, but you will be left with an incomplete index
18:27 koyauni then I will run this koha-rebuild-zebra -v –full `/usr/sbin/koha-list`
18:27 koyauni koha-rebuild-zebra -v -b --full `/usr/sbin/koha-list`
18:28 datadoctor I am thinking that the --full covers both the -a and -b flag - can someone correct me if I am wrong?
18:29 koyauni please!
18:29 koyauni someone!
18:29 wahanui i heard someone was missing
18:31 datadoctor so again, for troubleshooting purposes, you might omit the --full, and do a rebuild with -b -v first, then if that works, -a -v, that way you get the biblios and the authorities.
18:31 datadoctor the -b -v gives you your search results, to if you don't see any errors and you still have no results, there is a separate problem going on
18:33 koyauni so I should run it as koha-rebuild-zebra -v -b `/usr/sbin/koha-list`  first
18:33 jcamins --full is for rebuild. -b and -a are irrelevant for koha-rebuild-zebra, as both bibs and authorities are always handled by it.
18:33 datadoctor Thanks jcamins, I usually use the script from misc/migration_tools/
18:34 datadoctor Sorry to give out bad information koyauni!
18:34 jcamins datadoctor: if you have packages you should always use koha-rebuild-zebra. As you do not, you don't have any choice in the matter.
18:34 datadoctor :/
18:35 jcamins You can always upgrade to packages later. :)
18:35 datadoctor So you are already doing the right rebuild koyauni! I hope it works better for you this time.
18:35 koyauni it is package installation
18:36 * drojf heads home
18:36 koyauni Zebra 2.0.44 (C)  this is my zebra
18:37 koyauni so only this should works then  koha-rebuild-zebra -v --full `/usr/sbin/koha-list`
18:37 koyauni or only koha-rebuild-zebra
18:38 datadoctor There is one update to zebra, 2.0.54, but 2.0.44 is very similar.
18:38 cait_afk I might have been worng about the sudo
18:38 cait_afk I don'tknow if that's a problem with indexing with packages
18:38 koyauni :(
18:38 koyauni help!
18:38 cait_afk i misread what you wrote earlier
18:39 koyauni i followed this
18:39 koyauni[…]e_Debian_packages
18:42 koyauni I did this, I hope it will work > koha-stop-zebra library then > koha-start-zebra library, then > sudo koha-rebuild-zebra -v --full
18:43 koyauni is there any way to check whether it is indexing, or process is moving
18:44 datadoctor not sure why that one line in the wiki says sudo, when all the rest do not...
18:45 koyauni I am a only a student do not much about that, but used it
18:45 koyauni but it is logical question
18:48 datadoctor The full indexing could take a while, depending upon your processor speed and RAM, could be around an hour and a half for a mid-size library. Usually more like 30 to 40 minutes though.
18:50 koyauni is this correct then > koha-stop-zebra library then > koha-start-zebra library, then > sudo koha-rebuild-zebra -v --full
18:52 datadoctor It should be the same, but instead of sudo koha-rebuild-zebra - v --full, I would omit the sudo, and use koha-rebuild-zebra -v -f
18:53 datadoctor if you have an immediate permissions error, then you would need the sudo, otherwise don't use it.
18:55 koyauni when I run that it says exporting authority ====================  Records exported: 0 ==================== REINDEXING zebra ==================== skipping biblios ==================== CLEANING
18:55 koyauni what does that mean
18:57 datadoctor It is likely that it is not seeing your mysql database.
18:57 koyauni waw why, how did that happen
18:58 koyauni I can see from admin mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.63, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 6.1
18:59 datadoctor Your database appears to be intact and functional.
19:00 datadoctor So why is zebra not seeing it?
19:00 koyauni I did sudo koha-rebuild-zebra -v --full library
19:01 koyauni has that anything to do with it
19:01 talljoy and you do have authorities loaded in the database?
19:04 koyauni that has never been an issue, I am sure what has happend
19:08 datadoctor I would look at the zebra-authorities.cfg and the zebra-biblios.cfg - for me they are in koha-dev/etc/zebradb and at the koha-conf.xml. Check the paths.
19:09 datadoctor Also verify that your environment variables are correct - it appears they are, but good to double-check. Also did you restart the server?
19:11 koyauni the things is that this has been a fully functional koha and this indiexing issue just happened
19:11 datadoctor That's why restarting and rebuilding might be your best bet.
19:12 datadoctor But if the rebuild still might need to seek support from one of the great Koha support services.
19:12 koyauni so I did this and I hope it will work, koha-stop-zebra library then > koha-start-zebra library, then > sudo koha-rebuild-zebra -v --full
19:12 koyauni i wait for an hour and check later
19:13 datadoctor I am wishing you best of luck on your rebuild. Will check back
19:13 koyauni thanks
19:24 kathryn joined #koha
19:36 talljoy can someone tell me what in the data drives the search for 'currently available items'?  i've checked for NULL in onloan, 0 in itemlost and a valid 942$c and still cannot limit my searches to only available items.  i get no results
19:36 talljoy on 3.8.8
19:37 jcamins talljoy: currently available items does not work as a limit in any version of Koha.
19:37 talljoy i saw the bug 4481.  but on some installs i've got it at least returns something.
19:37 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4481 major, P1 - high, ---, koha.sekjal, Patch doesn't apply , Search's Limit to Available filters out many available items
19:38 talljoy is there another bug report or is that it?
19:38 jcamins That sounds right.
19:38 talljoy thanks.
19:42 oleonard Should we have a bug to remove the option until it can be fixed?
19:42 cait_afk there was discussion about this
19:43 cait_afk it got an id
19:43 cait_afk it works in some situations I was told
19:43 cait_afk so people don't want to remove it but you can hide it now
19:43 cait_afk iirc
19:44 rambutan joined #koha
19:44 cait_afk hope that made sense
19:45 oleonard Yes
19:45 talljoy it's odd that it works at times.  and yes cait_afk it made sense.
19:45 talljoy thanks
19:45 * talljoy breaks out the jquery
19:45 cait_afk talljoy: css should work too :)
19:46 talljoy better yet, i'll toss this one over to the opac guru here. ;-)
19:46 cait_afk the patch adding the id was not too long ago, not sure if it's in your version yet
19:46 cait_afk oleonard: thx for your answre about the tooltip :)
19:46 cait_afk even if it's not the pathc I hoped for :P
19:47 oleonard cait_afk: The problem confounds me :(
19:47 cait_afk now you made me look up confound
19:47 jcamins talljoy: it works only in libraries that have exactly one item per bib.
19:47 talljoy well that's interesting.
19:47 oleonard cait_afk: Checking out the jQuery widget now
19:47 cait_afk oleonard: you are a hero :)
19:47 oleonard jcamins: That sounds rather uncommon
19:47 jcamins It does.
19:48 talljoy and doesn't match exactly what i've seen either.  (not that i'm seeing accurate limits)
19:48 oleonard cait_afk: And of course bumping the jQueryUI version introduces a 1-pixel display problem on tabs >:(
19:48 cait_afk ew
19:49 jcamins talljoy: it's not that you won't get results in other situations, it's that the results will be accurate only in that one situation.
19:49 talljoy that makes sense.
19:50 jcamins For some definition of "sense," anyway. ;)
19:51 oleonard I'm going to start my own Koha support company for all the libraries who have only one item per bib
19:52 cait_afk oh? :)
19:53 talljoy and one item type and one branch right oleonard?
19:53 * talljoy dreams of such a support contract.
19:54 cait_afk talljoy: it would get boring fast :)
19:54 talljoy cait_afk: very true!  part of what i like is that this job is never boring.
19:59 drojf joined #koha
20:00 cait_afk me too :)
20:00 drojf me three :)
20:02 barriers joined #koha
20:06 nengard joined #koha
20:08 wizzyrea mornin
20:08 drojf hi wizzyrea
20:09 * drojf is not sure what he 'three'd' on
20:09 cait_afk that easy libraries with one branch, one itemtype and only one item per book would be boring ;)
20:09 wizzyrea the job is never boring
20:09 cait_afk morning wizzyrea
20:10 cait_afk drojf: but I am glad you trusted us ;)
20:13 drojf cait_afk: of course! *lets go off the panic switch*
20:13 * cait_afk nick cait
20:14 cait_afk ok, I am probably not really afk
20:14 drojf now do the password :)
20:15 cait_afk hm?
20:15 drojf (21:11:34) ***cait_afk nick cait <- i thought you tried to change your nick
20:15 cait_afk oh
20:18 bag afternoon peeps
20:18 cait hi bag
20:19 bag hi there cait
20:24 cait oleonard: retesting acq navigation now :)
20:24 * oleonard crosses his fingers
20:24 wizzyrea oh did someone do something magical to acq navigation?
20:25 cait oh yes someone did
20:25 wizzyrea omg. <3
20:25 wizzyrea fantastic
20:25 cait heh
20:25 cait a second set of eyes is welcome ;)
20:25 oleonard A start of a cleanup anyway
20:25 cait bug 8913
20:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8913 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Signed Off , Improve acquisitions navigation
20:26 cait oleonard: can I add a todo for the invoices page? :)
20:26 oleonard Yes
20:26 cait yay
20:29 cait delete vendor button looks good now
20:30 * wizzyrea hugs oleonard
20:30 wizzyrea i am really excited about that patch.
20:30 cait ...
20:30 * cait hugs oleonard more
20:30 cait :P
20:30 oleonard Yay, hugs!
20:30 cait hm
20:31 wizzyrea I would bounce and squee but i'm not sure I have the energy for that
20:31 cait lol
20:31 cait tired?
20:31 wizzyrea hehe yes
20:31 wizzyrea up late + strange dreams
20:31 * chris_n hands wizzyrea more strong coffee
20:31 wizzyrea :) thank you
20:34 jcamins chris_n: how on earth did you figure out the datatables+jeditable stuff for the quotes editor?
20:34 jcamins I'm shamelessly cribbing off your work for a different project, and it is fiendishly complex.
20:34 * wizzyrea proposes it has something to do with "he's brilliant"
20:34 chris_n jcamins: indeed it is
20:34 chris_n but not due to my brilliance
20:35 * chris_n has spent the morning in samba+ldap purgatory
20:35 chris_n jcamins: its really not bad once you get a handle on what's going on with datatables
20:36 chris_n and very slick things can be done with it all
20:36 jcamins I finally got datatables loading my data happily, but as a result I have killed the saving.
20:36 chris_n ouch
20:36 * rangi pops in
20:36 rangi if we could rip out tinymce and replace it wiath that
20:36 rangi that would make our lives a lot easier
20:37 jcamins rangi: I'm using tinymce too.
20:37 jcamins jEditable doesn't support rich text... does it?
20:37 rangi tinymce has been removed from debian
20:38 jcamins A quick Google search says "sure, why not?"
20:38 oleonard rangi: Why?
20:38 jcamins Huh.
20:39 rangi well tinymce2 anyway which we use has been, cos its obsolete
20:39 * wizzyrea faints
20:40 * cait feels guilty
20:40 rangi so we could move to 3
20:40 wizzyrea no fait from happiness
20:40 * jcamins is using tinymce3.
20:40 rangi or get rid of it all together
20:42 cait oleonard: you pass qa :)
20:42 oleonard Hooray!
20:42 * cait hopes wizzyrea does not faint again
20:42 jcamins Hmm... jeditable+markitup will not do what I need.
20:43 oleonard I guess my commit message on Bug 9172 fails to mention that I upgrade to version 3.5.8
20:43 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9172 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Move TinyMCE library outside of language-specific directory
20:43 oleonard But yeah, upgraded.
20:43 oleonard FWIW
20:44 rangi cool thats alright then
20:46 kathryn joined #koha
20:48 oleonard Oh I guess I do mention it
20:49 * oleonard pushes a freshly-rebased and conflict-resolved version of the branch
20:49 cait morning kathryn :)
20:49 cait oleonard: so now we need to find a volunteer for sign-off
20:49 cait :)
20:56 jcamins No I will not do your homework for you.
20:57 drojf do i have a dejavu?
20:58 * jcamins hopes he never graduates, because he's going to be the worst programmer ever at this rate.
20:58 drojf lol
21:00 oleonard Wow that guy has quite a history
21:02 cait hm?
21:02 cait ah
21:02 cait forget I kinda asked
21:03 jcamins oleonard: yeah, none of it good.
21:05 cait oleonard++
21:06 cait i found 8662 :)
21:06 drojf good day. i have a one line question for you. please answer in essay form so i can tell you that this is not what i was looking for :)
21:07 cait oleonard: hm jonathan requested we make a survey or something
21:07 cait could we get some quick votes on that bug from #koha?
21:07 cait bug 8662
21:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8662 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Remove unused famfamfam icons
21:09 * jcamins does not have an opinion.
21:11 cait jcamins: do you want me to add this to the bug? :)
21:11 drojf that did not sound like he wants us to vote on the bug
21:13 cait he probably just has really no opinion
21:14 jcamins I don't think you have to update the bug with the fact that I don't have an opinion.
21:14 cait I was joking
21:17 cait um
21:17 drojf »Shocking: RM does not have opinion on proposed icon removal. Read all about it on Bugzilla« … nah
21:17 cait what is $DBversion = ""; doing?
21:17 cait it looks like it untranslates a lot of my translated permissions.
21:18 cait drojf: better in the newsletter
21:19 drojf cait: exactly :9
21:19 drojf :)
21:19 * cait glares a tiny little bit at wizzyrea
21:19 wizzyrea WHY
21:20 cait bug 9283
21:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9283 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Change structure of export checkouts form
21:20 cait hm no
21:20 cait not that one
21:20 cait bug 9382
21:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9382 trivial, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Pushed to Stable , Bold necessary permissions for staff client access.
21:20 wizzyrea oh no why does that induce glaring
21:20 cait see comment - you untranslate my translations
21:20 wizzyrea oh. well I'm sorry :(
21:21 * wizzyrea is making an omelet
21:21 jcamins Mmmm. Omelets!
21:21 cait wizzyrea: is that an attempt to distract me?
21:21 wizzyrea nope, just pointing out that making an omelet requires breaking eggs
21:22 cait it coudl be done without breaking eggs
21:22 wizzyrea but yes, we can probably fix that
21:22 cait well, not the omelett maybe... not without some special equipment
21:22 wizzyrea right, we'll add some mushrooms or something.
21:22 wizzyrea ;)
21:23 wizzyrea copious amounts of butter
21:24 cait wizzyrea: you could check for the bad text
21:24 cait instead of ofr the flag
21:24 cait so if someone corrected or changed, it would not overwrite
21:26 wizzyrea yep I'll look into it
21:26 cait also
21:26 cait +INSERT INTO `userflags` VALUES(17,'staffaccess','Allow staff members to modify permissions for other staff members',0);
21:26 cait might not e correct
21:26 cait I think tha tis what  INSERT INTO `userflags` VALUES(5,'permissions','Set user permissions',0);
21:26 cait does
21:27 cait we ran into that recently
21:28 cait hmmm
21:28 cait I think it#s about changing other staff accoutns
21:28 gmcharlt excuse me one moment -- need to check something about the bot
21:28 wahanui gmcharlt: internet is needed to catch the etherbunny
21:28 cait like we had a library that couldnot set a password on another staff acount without it, but was not able to give or take permissons iwth it
21:29 gmcharlt #startmeeting
21:29 huginn gmcharlt: Error: A meeting name is required, e.g., '#startmeeting Marketing Committee'
21:29 wahanui if there is a meeting then Brooke must want me
21:29 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
21:29 gmcharlt #starting meeting test
21:29 gmcharlt #startmeeting test
21:29 huginn Meeting started Tue Feb 12 21:26:59 2013 UTC.  The chair is gmcharlt. Information about MeetBot at
21:29 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:29 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: test)
21:29 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'test'
21:29 gmcharlt #topic the question
21:29 Topic for #koha is now the question (Meeting topic: test)
21:29 gmcharlt #startvote Cake, or death?  Cake, Death
21:29 huginn Begin voting on: Cake, or death? Valid vote options are Cake, Death.
21:29 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
21:29 gmcharlt #vote Cake
21:29 gmcharlt #showvote
21:29 huginn Cake (1): gmcharlt
21:29 gmcharlt #endvote
21:29 huginn Voted on "Cake, or death?" Results are
21:29 huginn Cake (1): gmcharlt
21:30 gmcharlt #endmeeting
21:30 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
21:30 huginn Meeting ended Tue Feb 12 21:27:40 2013 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
21:30 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-02-12-21.26.html
21:30 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]3-02-12-21.26.txt
21:30 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]12-21.26.log.html
21:30 gmcharlt thanks!  and sorry about that
21:31 * chris_n waves at gmcharlt as he goes by
21:31 gmcharlt chris_n: howdy!
21:32 gmcharlt by the way, if you're still poking around with Strawberry, I'd be curious to know how the new releases of MARC::File::XML and MARC::Charset I made fare
21:32 cait hm
21:32 cait[…] - last lines, do they make sense?
21:33 chris_n gmcharlt: I'll make a note to check
21:33 gmcharlt chris_n++
21:33 * chris_n generally only pokes at strawberries with a fork though ;-)
21:34 chris_n preferably supported by shortcake and covered with a heavy layer of whipped cream
21:34 * chris_n heads off to find food with that thought
21:35 mib_ap2b9d joined #koha
21:35 alohabot Hi mib_ap2b9d, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
21:35 eythian hi
21:35 drojf hi eythian
21:37 cait hi eythian
21:39 rambutan gmcharlt: think you had a passing interest in this previously, it's been updated a bit, and we're going to do some more work on it starting soon.
21:39 gmcharlt rambutan: indeed, thanks for that
21:39 nengard left #koha
21:41 jcamins rambutan: what does it do?
21:42 rambutan It's a public access control system. Controls patron logins, time allocations, printing controls, etc
21:42 jcamins Ah.
21:42 rambutan A la Envisionware, PC-Cop, Cassie, et al
21:44 wizzyrea very cool
21:44 rambutan Server side is MySql and web interface in node.js, client side is pure linux base with python code
21:46 rambutan it's probably at pre-alpha right now, but just needs some feature code on the server side to bring it up to beta.
21:48 rambutan Major thing it lacks is a SIP interface. We have some sample code for for SIP, but expect that will require the team to do a snake dance to get implemented.
21:48 jcamins Why didn't you use libki?
21:49 drojf i'm afraid to ask but who was it that mentioned putting koha to google summer of code?
21:50 jcamins drojf: I said that someon else should do it.
21:52 magnuse rambutan, jcamins: there's also Mycel from Oslo public library:
21:52 jcamins magnuse: I was just thinking about you earlier.
21:53 magnuse awww...
21:53 magnuse ;-)
21:53 jcamins I am in the midst of staking MARC through the heart repeatedly, and thought you would like to know. :)
21:54 * magnuse does a happy dance and cheers jcamins on
21:54 magnuse how?
21:54 jcamins magnuse: I'm working on a cataloging interface that is natively... non-MARC, anyway.
21:55 jcamins It has user-specified fields, input is via rich text, etc., etc.
21:55 magnuse and then "something" is turned into marc behind the scenes, or?
21:55 jcamins It's stored as "something."
21:55 magnuse ah
21:55 jcamins XML.
21:55 magnuse even better
21:55 wahanui well, even better is what oleonard said just after that
21:55 magnuse heh
21:56 magnuse any rdf/linked data?
21:56 jcamins Eventually.
21:56 magnuse yay!
21:56 magnuse is it for koha, or more generic?
21:56 jcamins I'm also running roughshod over the distinction between bibs and authorities.
21:56 jcamins Much more generic.
21:57 magnuse ah
21:57 jcamins It's the cataloging tool _I_ need _now_.
21:57 magnuse so a standalone cataloguing thingy?
21:57 jcamins Yup.
21:57 magnuse hehe scratching_itches++
21:57 jcamins So far it doesn't do much.
21:57 jcamins But I've learned a lot about datatables.
21:57 magnuse hehe
21:58 jcamins What I can't figure out is, why does the jeditable go away after I tab into it?
21:58 magnuse just make sure it will still work when i have marc replaced by rdf
21:58 magnuse ;-)
21:58 jcamins Since my MARC crosswalk is still "TBD," that's not a problem.
21:59 magnuse here's my latest foray into marc-slaying:
21:59 magnuse working on the backend now
21:59 magnuse when i have time, which i really don't have...
22:00 magnuse oops gotta run - have fun folks
22:00 wizzyrea give leonard a squeeze
22:01 magnuse :-)
22:01 jcamins Nifty!
22:12 dcook joined #koha
22:12 dcook Good morning, #koha
22:17 druthb joined #koha
22:17 druthb rangi about?
22:18 gaetan_B bye!
22:18 eythian druthb: he's out at a client for the morning.
22:18 druthb Thanks, eythian.  :)
22:19 druthb @later tell rangi are we going into 3.8.x and 3.10.x string freeze on Friday-ish?
22:19 huginn druthb: The operation succeeded.
22:19 drojf »What is your plan for dealing with disappearing students? Please be as specific as possible.« GSOC sounds a little threatening
22:19 jcamins Stupid tabs.
22:20 jcamins Everything else is working, so why won't they?
22:21 drojf any objections to me being mentor and student for koha together? i could use $5k ;)
22:22 jcamins Heh.
22:23 cait drojf: suggest tying them to a chair?
22:24 cait hm good night #koha :)
22:24 cait left #koha
22:25 rangi yup druthb
22:25 druthb Awesomeness.  I'll be adding the ccsr files for 3.10.x at the same time, so one commit... :)
22:26 jcamins Okay, I made it work, but now I get a javascript error.
22:26 jcamins And working.
22:26 * jcamins is not amused.
22:26 * druthb crosses her eyes at jcamins.
22:33 jcamins Well, since it does work, I think I will ignore the problem.
22:36 cjh \o/
22:39 jcamins Ha!
22:39 jcamins Fixed it _and_ eliminated the javascript errors.
22:40 jcamins Hey, why don't we just use datatables+jeditable for our cataloging module?
22:47 drojf »You also grant Google the right to use your name, city, state, country, likeness, Project deliverables and statements made by or attributed to you relating to Google or your Project Submission or Google Summer of Code, for purposes of publicizing, advertising, or otherwise promoting the Google Summer of Code or similar future programs without any payment to you or to any other person or entity.«
22:47 drojf my… likeness?
22:47 cjh they only want to clone you, nothing to worry about.
22:47 drojf ah, alright then :)
22:48 wizzyrea your picture.
22:50 sivoais joined #koha
22:50 drojf anyway, it is no problem to be a student ina project you already contriubuted to, so i am seriously considering to force someone of you to be a mentor and hand in one of those projects i never have time for
22:51 jcamins If it's search, I'll be your mentor. :P
22:51 drojf hahaha. i'm sorry. it is not search :D
22:51 * jcamins will not be your mentor then.
22:52 jcamins I might also consider being your mentor if it is an overhaul of the cataloging module.
22:52 jcamins Or authorities.
22:52 wahanui authorities are records that describe particular entities.
22:53 drojf that program is about showing students the fun of programming free software, not showing them the evils of your project
22:53 cjh hahaha
22:54 dcook Detail pages that actually showed the MARC fields that corresponded to the bibliographic framework they were catalogued in would be pretty sweet...
22:54 dcook Was there a limit to the number of students a mentor could have?
22:55 dcook It's not exploitation if the students are paid?
22:55 drojf i have not read the mentor part yet
22:55 dcook Wait...
22:55 dcook :p
22:55 jcamins dcook: I don't think anyone involved in Koha would be willing to take enough students for it to be an issue for Google.
22:55 dcook I'm sure you're right, jcamins.
22:56 drojf (e) That Google may publicly host a copy of the finished Project code;
22:56 drojf yeah, free mirror
22:56 gmcharlt I've been org admin for GSoC for Evergreen before ... no way do you want to have more than one student per mentor, ever
22:56 dcook I was just having a daydream about enlisting corps of students to do all the projects that we don't have time to do
22:56 drojf lol gmcharlt
22:56 * jcamins was thinking a half a student or a quarter student per mentor would be more reasonable.
22:56 gmcharlt in fact, I'm strongly of the opinion that each student should have at least two mentors, or at least a mentor and somebody willing to be an active secondary mentor
22:57 dcook Sort of like a teacher and a teaching assistant?
22:57 gmcharlt and even beyond that, it's even better for the entire active community to be ready to act as mentors, at least in terms of interacting with the students
22:57 drojf 7.1 Under no circumstances should the student's project involve a Koha search rewrite.
22:58 jcamins lol
22:58 cjh heh nice try drojf
22:58 rangi drojf: html5 circulation app
22:58 gmcharlt as I said in #evergreen just today ... Google looks unkindly on actually killing the students ;)
22:58 drojf rangi: that is one
22:58 drojf of the thinks i was thinking about, i mean
22:59 rangi cool
22:59 eythian[…]s-blind-date-with
22:59 rangi the nice thing is, it totally works on android with firefox too
22:59 gmcharlt also, another tip: the point of the execise isn't really to get code from the student
22:59 jcamins gmcharlt: good thing, because that's not likely to happen.
22:59 drojf err. s/thinks/things
22:59 rangi altho we did get biblios out of the last koha one
23:00 gmcharlt I mean, of course you want that to happen, since you want the student to succeed, but the student's education, as it were, should come first
23:00 jcamins Okay, so it happens occasionally.
23:00 rangi so far 100% of the time on koha heheh
23:00 rangi but yeah, chris catalfo was a special case
23:01 * gmcharlt would actually be quite optimistic about Koha's chances if we were to apply, given that on the whole we've done a good job of bringing in new developers anyway
23:04 jcamins gmcharlt: we still have the problem of finding someone to volunteer to organize it.
23:04 dcook Agreed, jcamins.
23:05 dcook But I think gmcharlt is right too. I actually wrote a post the other day about how wonderful all of you have been in helping myself and others to get more involved in developing Koha.
23:05 gmcharlt jcamins: I'd be up for acting as org admin if a sufficient number of folks are willing to consider being mentors
23:06 drojf i volunteer to be an easy student that does not need too many mentors :)
23:06 gmcharlt but caveat mentor: at the very *lieast* one should plan on a time committment 5 hours a week during the course of GSoC to be a good mentor
23:07 dcook How long is the GSoC? 12 weeks?
23:08 drojf June 17: Students begin coding for their Google Summer of Code projects.
23:08 drojf September 23: 19:00 UTCFirm 'pencils down' date. Mentors, students and organization administrators can begin submitting final evaluations to Google.
23:08 drojf[…]c2013/help_page#2._What_is_the_program_timeline
23:09 bag @bug 8215
23:09 huginn bag: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8215 new feature, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Add Course Reserves
23:09 bag oh needs sign-off - anyone up for it :)
23:09 gmcharlt and potential mentors in particular I'd expect to be involved in the student selection process
23:09 bag I'll trade you by testing one of yours that needs sign-off?
23:09 dcook I'll take a look, bag
23:09 edveal left #koha
23:10 bag sweet thank you!
23:10 dcook Whew. It's not small!
23:10 bag oh no :(
23:10 bag yeah it's not small
23:10 bag I think it's failed before and khall-away has made the correct changes
23:11 drojf can we have a signoff-project too? we could call it… git experience? ;)
23:12 jcamins Heh.
23:12 bag HA
23:12 * gmcharlt starts a new project on gitorious called pun-killer
23:13 gmcharlt :-P
23:13 cjh drojf: when do you graduate?
23:13 bag dcook: I got another one - that maybe better for you
23:13 drojf cjh: ha, don't ask ^^
23:13 bag @bug 7710
23:13 huginn bag: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7710 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , multiple holds per title
23:14 drojf cjh: no seriuosly its probably not going to happen before beginning of next year
23:14 cjh drojf: heh sorry :p, in *theory* I graduate mid June.
23:14 drojf my typing sucks today
23:15 drojf cjh: i think you could still play in the GSOC then
23:16 drojf As long as you are accepted into or enrolled in a college or university program as of May 27, 2013, you are eligible to participate in the program.
23:17 cjh drojf: I meet the requirements, but im not sure I would have sufficient time during the week to work on it.
23:17 drojf its funny that they give a number of hours for mentors, but none for students
23:18 jcamins drojf: 40 hours/week.
23:18 cjh drojf: they mention a little about how it depends on the difficulty of the tasks
23:18 dcook bag: All right. I'll give the test plan for 7710 a whirl
23:19 drojf jcamins: come oooon. students! with money! you don't expect that :P
23:19 bag cool thank you
23:19 bag dcook++
23:21 drojf so is that semester break time in the US? because its like right in the semester for me
23:21 cjh in the US they have a big summer holiday
23:21 jcamins Yeah, no school May/June-August.
23:21 bag I think in march they have "spring break"
23:22 drojf with 20h/week jobs and writing my thesis it sounds pretty easy to put another 40h/week in ;)
23:22 gmcharlt cjh: yeah, we all gotta farm during the summer
23:22 cjh heh
23:22 bag that's farmers tans gmcharlt
23:23 gmcharlt bag++
23:33 maximep left #koha
23:36 dcook Not looking good, bag :/
23:36 dcook But I think it might be my circ rules
23:36 dcook Koha certainly does have way too many different places that affect circ rules
23:40 bag yup there are a lot
23:44 rambutan joined #koha
23:45 dcook Mmm, I think I see...
23:49 eythian jcamins: 1b4a26691529eec39319585f12a67575ca2b476d is the build-breaking patch. I haven't looked into why yet.
23:50 jcamins Hm. And the follow-up didn't fix it?
23:56 dcook It did end up being a bug, bag. I marked it as "Failed QA". That's the right procedure at the sign-off stage, right?
23:57 bag your comments are enough thanks
23:57 rangi yep
23:57 bag khall-away: can look at it and then write up a patch and change it to needs sign off :)
23:58 bag oh whoops - your comments are enough (for me)  left that part out :)  but yup failed QA
23:58 dcook I was confused for a second there
23:58 dcook Thanks bag and rangi :)

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary