IRC log for #koha, 2012-03-12

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 mtj thx rangi  :)
00:08 jcamins cait: did that work?
00:08 cait tsting
00:09 cait but looks good - I made a mistake
00:09 cait ( {... ) }...
00:09 cait *sigh*
00:09 jcamins Whoops.
00:11 Oak joined #koha
00:11 Oak no sleep cait ?
00:11 cait lol
00:11 Oak :)
00:12 Oak go to sleep.
00:13 jcamins See? Everyone agrees.
00:13 cait conspiracy
00:14 mtj eythian: pssttt,  your elbonia scoop is safe with me ;)
00:15 eythian *phew*
00:18 cait ok
00:18 cait why would my git diff show changes
00:18 cait but git status will not show the changed files?
00:18 jcamins Not sure.
00:18 jcamins Time for me to eat dinner, though.
00:18 jcamins And you to go to sleep.
00:18 jcamins Good night, #koha.
00:19 cait that's not good
00:20 cait Dirty index: cannot apply patches..??
00:20 rangi halfway through a rebase, or halfway through an apply already?
00:21 cait git am
00:21 cait *sigh*
00:21 rangi git am --abort maybe
00:21 cait and now I made a typo and really screwed up
00:26 cjh jcamins_away: oops sorry, i often have a number in their for local testing and then forget to remove before making a patch *facepalm*
00:26 cait cjh: you don't need a numbe for local testing :)
00:27 cait cjh: that's what I was trying to explain in one of the comments
00:27 cait cjh: just put in XXX and increase kohaversion by 1
00:27 cait cjh: it will work :)
00:27 cjh sorry havent read the comments yet
00:27 cjh really? hmm
00:29 cait yep
00:29 Space_Librarian hehehe.
00:29 Space_Librarian I love the bot
00:29 Space_Librarian what? where my response?
00:30 cait cjh: it detects the XXX and will update, so you only have to make a little cange in kohaversion - quite easy
00:30 cait and now :) good night #koha
00:30 Space_Librarian night cait
00:30 Space_Librarian :)
00:30 cjh cait: thanks for that and good night :)
00:31 cait left #koha
01:00 talljoy joined #koha
01:47 Space_Librarian So, I've used jcamins_away excellent script to do something about the bookplates, and I'm getting this. What have I missed?! That is a wee section of the logo in the background, but I can't for the life of me fins what's going wrong.
01:48 jcamins_away Space_Librarian: you need to change the size as well.
01:48 jcamins_away That's in the CSS.
01:48 jcamins_away .no-image { width: 50px; height: 80px; }
01:49 * Space_Librarian devkes into the css
01:50 Space_Librarian delves, even
01:51 Space_Librarian ah-ha!
01:51 Space_Librarian rangi: is the no image text embedded in the css for our opac?
01:52 rangi could be, i didnt do the css
01:52 jcamins_away Space_Librarian: I think you might need to do something so the text doesn't show up.
01:52 Space_Librarian jcamins_away: that's my thought. I need to find it to do something about it
01:53 jcamins_away I don't remember how I did that, though.
01:54 jcamins_away Worst-case scenario, use jquery.
01:55 jcamins_away $('.no-image').html('');
01:55 jcamins_away Wait, that won't work.
01:55 jcamins_away $('.no-image').html(' ');
01:55 jcamins_away (that's to deal with FF having buggy XHTML handling)
01:55 Space_Librarian orly...
01:55 * Space_Librarian tries that
01:57 jcamins_away Space_Librarian: interestingly, the seized-up part of the fudge separated from the rest after I'd let it sit for a half hour, and I was able to peel it off.
01:57 jcamins_away (and I found perfectly good fudge underneath)
01:57 jcamins_away Yay!
01:58 mtj meh, anyone recall a weird RSS bug in Koha, where the base_url was not added to the RSS feeds?
01:58 mtj looks to be busted on 3.4, but fixed on 3.6... ?!?
01:59 jcamins_away mtj: yes, I do.
01:59 jcamins_away I don't remember anything about it, though.
02:00 mtj ok, a bug search didnt come up with anything obvious.. :/
02:01 Space_Librarian jcamins_away - yay for good fudge!
02:14 rangi another kenyan library goes live with Koha
02:15 rangi all self done too :)
02:15 rangi and running 3.6.2
02:43 mtj jcamins_away:  fyi  - looks like this was the bug....
02:43 mtj[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7307
02:43 huginn Bug 7307: normal, P3, ---, adrien.saurat, Failed QA , OPACBaseURL not used in
02:43 mtj 'OPACBaseURL' not getting sent thru to ./ correctly
02:44 rangi thats never been pushed tho
02:44 mtj and many s/OPACBaseurl/OPACBaseURL/ typos in templete
02:44 rangi so cant be what fixed it for 3.6
02:44 mtj ha, yeah good point... :/
02:45 rangi (it currently wont be pushed either until its fixed)
02:45 mtj my 3.4 problem is def. related to that bug
02:46 mtj (there are plans to upgrade the 3.4 real-soon, i'm just going for a quick-fix here)
03:06 ibeardslee fresh install .. marc21 or unimarc?
03:06 eythian ibeardslee: marc21
03:06 eythian unless you're in france
03:07 * ibeardslee checks
03:09 eythian it's easy, if you can look out your window and see the Eiffel tower, you're in France.
03:10 ibeardslee oh right .. sorted then
03:24 mtj man, i have a really stupid template question, but here goes.....
03:25 mtj so, heres how you set a template variable... pretty easy..
03:25 jcamins_away @quote search tt
03:25 huginn jcamins_away: 23 found: #101: "<darling> I still need to catch up with current...", #113: "<jcamins> I merely opened my hands and allowed...", #119: "<wasabi> wow, and a pig!!! -> http://www.blaine...", #122: "<member:oleonard>Everyone is doin' the hot new...", #127: "Oracle now has little choice but to abandon its...", #12: "<owen> Every time you check in a book a little...", #143: "rhcl: Blame the C coders; if (3 more messages)
03:25 mtj $template->param( 'zzzzzzzzz' => 'aaaaaaaaaaaaa');
03:25 jcamins_away mtj: no, that's now how we set them anymore.
03:25 jcamins_away @quote more
03:25 huginn jcamins_away: I suck
03:25 jcamins_away Okay, I can't find the quote.
03:26 jcamins_away I think it's like this, though: $template->{VARS}->{'zzzzz'} = 'aaaaa';
03:26 mtj but, how do you get the result of variable  $template->param( 'zzzzzzzzz' ) ?
03:26 jcamins_away In Perl?
03:26 jcamins_away my $foo = $template->{VARS}->{'zzzzz'}
03:27 mtj sheesh, even a warn seems to undef the variable :/
03:27 jcamins_away In the template [% zzzzz %]
03:27 jcamins_away mtj: really? It should just be a hash.
03:27 mtj ah, ok - i was looking for that , but could'nt find an example :/
03:27 jcamins_away mtj: did you switch to the new variable assignment method?
03:28 mtj hmm, wot is that?
03:28 jcamins_away What I just described.
03:28 jcamins_away I think it's like this, though: $template->{VARS}->{'zzzzz'} = 'aaaaa';
03:28 jcamins_away @quote search template
03:28 huginn jcamins_away: No matching quotes were found.
03:28 jcamins_away @quote search variable
03:28 huginn jcamins_away: No matching quotes were found.
03:28 jcamins_away @quote search typo
03:28 huginn jcamins_away: 2 found: #135: "rangi: $tempate->{VARS}->{'LoginBranchname'} -..." and #82: "<pianohack> nengard: If you were using a..."
03:28 jcamins_away @quote get 135
03:28 huginn jcamins_away: Quote #135: "rangi: $tempate->{VARS}->{'LoginBranchname'} - without the typo" (added by cait at 07:30 PM, May 20, 2011)
03:29 mtj ah, thats the new way.. ok :)
03:29 jcamins_away ^^ like that
03:29 mtj ah, cheers! :)
03:29 jcamins_away Right, bed time
03:29 jcamins_away Good night.
03:30 * mtj sprinkles pixie-dust under jcamins pillow...
03:30 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
03:30 Amit_Gupta heya bag
03:55 Space_Librarian good evening all you crazy kids - see ya'll tomorrow. :)
05:11 luisb joined #koha
05:14 eythian so one of the smaller libraries I'm converting has one of the largest biblio collections I've dealt with. It's quite strange.
05:15 eythian (their actual item counts are pretty small though.)
05:35 cait joined #koha
05:44 cait goog morning #koha
05:44 eythian hi cait
05:44 cait hi eythian :)
05:46 Oak joined #koha
05:46 Oak hello miss cait.
05:46 Oak kia ora #koha
05:46 cait hi Oak :)
05:46 cait am I allowed to be awake now? ;)
05:47 Oak yes you are, if you don't have a headache :)
05:47 cait heh, ok
05:59 eythian So I have zebra saying: "18:54:42-12/03 zebraidx(12254) d016f9b5 [warn] d1: 1: Malformed tag" and bailing out. Anyone know how to deal with that?
06:01 cait oh ouch
06:13 luisb joined #koha
06:24 eythian hmm, that error seems to only occur if you use marcxml, usmarc works OK.
06:24 eythian that's good to know.
06:27 cait invalid xml?
06:29 eythian no, the XML itself is valid.
06:29 eythian and assuming I was looking at the right record, it's pretty boring.
07:05 mbalmer joined #koha
07:05 luisb joined #koha
07:06 Manderson joined #koha
07:09 laurence joined #koha
07:23 magnuse kia ora #koha!
07:24 cait morning magnuse
07:25 magnuse guten morgen cait
07:26 magnuse cait: still wondering about 773 and normarc?
07:26 cait nope
07:26 cait I trusted jared
07:26 cait and just made it work like for marc21
07:30 magnuse cait: probably a good idea
07:30 alex_a joined #koha
07:30 mbalmer joined #koha
07:30 mbalmer kohaistas!
07:30 magnuse it's mostly the same too, but marc21 hsa some more fields
07:30 magnuse hiya alex_a and mbalmer
07:30 alex_a bonjour magnuse
07:31 mbalmer plan for today: finish my SIP library and make the Lua binding.
07:31 ibeardslee joined #koha
07:36 Oak magnuse
07:37 magnuse Oak
07:43 reiveune joined #koha
07:44 paul_p joined #koha
07:44 reiveune hello
07:44 paul_p good morning #koha
07:44 cait good morning paul_p
07:44 paul_p cait, just seen your later talk.
07:45 paul_p the login is test/test, it should be written on the wiki page
07:45 magnuse bonjour reiveune and paul_p
07:45 paul_p hi magnuse !
07:45 paul_p and thanks for your gift we recieved on friday
07:45 reiveune hi magnuse cait and everybody
07:45 magnuse :-)
07:46 magnuse paul_p: good to hear it arrived, i was a bit afraid it might get eaten in customs... :-)
07:47 paul_p magnuse well, I think it has been open, because it was in a very bad state. Do you confirm there were 3 inside ?
07:47 rangi[…]posts/ZRdtjTL1MpM  <--- thats how you run an opensource project
07:48 rangi screw you and your patches!
07:48 rangi google ... you're doing it wrong
07:48 magnuse paul_p: yup: 3 bags
07:48 paul_p magnuse on, so everything is OK ;-)
07:49 paul_p the good news being that we succedeed to prevent reiveune from eating all of them immediatly ;-)
07:49 cait paul_p: I didn't find it
07:49 cait it states that passwords logins will be different for each
07:49 magnuse paul_p: yay!
07:49 magnuse rangi: way to go! ;-)
07:49 reiveune paul_p: I have yet one week to try to eat them
07:50 paul_p cait = [edit] marc21 tiny dataset (1)
07:50 paul_p default config, login with test/test, superlibrarian, 1 biblio with 10 items (barcode 1 to 10)
07:50 cait reiveune: you better not - I can get really mean!
07:50 paul_p (maybe show it in bold ;-)
07:50 cait paul_p: will try to check again later
07:51 reiveune cait: ;-)
07:51 sophie_m joined #koha
07:52 cait reiveune: no lie, I can!
07:52 reiveune me too :-p
07:53 * magnuse shudders at the thought of the wrath of cait
07:53 cait reiveune: want to fight over chocolate? you are going to loose! heh
07:53 cait ok
07:53 cait time for work
07:53 cait bbiab
07:53 reiveune bye :)
07:54 sophie_m hi #koha
07:55 julian_m joined #koha
08:00 asaurat joined #koha
08:01 rangi slef: about?
08:01 * rangi has his flights sorted, arrive the 4th, leave on 13th, just hotel to sort out now
08:02 hdl joined #koha
08:04 mbalmer rangi, speaking about kohacon?
08:04 francharb joined #koha
08:04 rangi yup
08:05 mbalmer I will have to leave on the 11th already
08:05 francharb hello
08:05 wahanui privet, francharb
08:07 Guillaume joined #koha
08:07 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:08 gaetan_B good morning !
08:10 paul_p kf++ (for more 7001 testings)
08:14 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:14 hdl1 joined #koha
08:18 rangi well that mail makes zero sense
08:19 kf joined #koha
08:19 kf hi again #koha
08:19 kf reiveune: what is the chocolate status?
08:20 reiveune full... for the moment
08:21 asaurat what's full ? the bag or your stomach ? :D
08:21 rangi heh
08:22 reiveune asaurat: do not denounce myself immediately please
08:22 asaurat ok, I won't tell anything ;)
08:22 clrh hello
08:23 rangi its in the public log there are 3 bags.... :-)
08:23 rangi hi clrh
08:23 asaurat haha
08:24 reiveune I see only one
08:24 reiveune others may be lost during transport :)
08:24 rangi chocolate?
08:24 wahanui reiveune ate them all
08:24 asaurat loll
08:27 laurence joined #koha
08:29 kf lol
08:29 kf asaurat: I trust you to stop him
08:30 mle joined #koha
08:30 rangi hi mle
08:30 rangi just the person :)
08:30 mle hey rangi
08:30 mle : )
08:30 rangi what if anything do you know about Cairn Edinburgh Hotel?
08:31 kf hi mle :)
08:31 mle nothing off the top of my head rangi
08:31 mle hey kf
08:31 * mle googles
08:31 rangi it seems not bad, and is only a short bus ride away
08:35 mle[…]rgh_Scotland.html
08:35 mle mixed reviews.  only 5 minutes from my new flat. not bad location. i can check it out this week
08:35 rangi ohh cool
08:36 rangi safe and clean .. thats all i care about
08:36 rangi i dont plan to do much more than sleep in it :)
08:36 mle 22 minute walk from Teviot/Bristow Sq - Kohacon
08:36 rangi *nod*
08:37 rangi or you can catch the number5 bus apparently
08:37 mle yes the number, caught that yesterday
08:37 kf how far from hackfest?
08:37 mle number 5 even
08:37 mle hackfest same venue.
08:37 kf ah cool
08:40 mle Cairn hotel just North of Calton hill.  Wonderful place.[…]/wiki/Calton_Hill
08:40 rangi oh
08:41 rangi tea coffee and shortcake .. im sold :)
08:42 mle Is it worth trying to get a group booking for that hotel?
08:42 rangi hmm not sure, it might be, its certainly a good price
08:42 * magnuse tries telling himself over and over again "there is no such thing as kohacon12"
08:43 rangi sorry magnuse
08:43 magnuse :-)
08:43 mle are you busy during Kohacon12?
08:43 mle magnuse?
08:43 wahanui i heard magnuse was afraid that we added another 10000 bugs while he was eating pizza.
08:44 magnuse mle: long story short: we're having a baby that is due June 26. ;-)
08:44 mle yes not a great time to be away!
08:45 magnuse nope
08:45 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:46 mle is it your first baby?
08:46 magnuse yup
08:46 magnuse and now i gotta run - we're going to do an ultrasound! :-)
08:46 rangi ohhh
08:46 mle : )
08:53 kf magnus_away: say hi to the little enger baby from us :)
08:54 mle kf has reminded me, if there is anythign I can do here to help your planning let me know and I will see what I can do.
08:54 rangi hmmm
08:54 kf not exactly what I did :)
08:54 kf but htx for offering mle! mle++
08:55 mle : )
09:24 mbalmer ok, my SIP client decodes all fields, regardless of their order
09:47 juan_sieira joined #koha
09:52 mle joined #koha
09:53 mle so still no joy with finding original koha logo art.  I have the jpg. but was hoping for vector art to hack on. last call.
09:54 kf mle: I think perhaps ask mtj
09:54 kf I think someone did an svg
09:56 mle ty
10:05 sekjal joined #koha
10:10 mtj mle:  i have a koha vector files about somewhere....
10:11 mtj the catch is - it's probably traced from a hi-res gif
10:11 mtj i'll take a quick look :)
10:13 kf mtj++ :)
10:16 mle mtj what is the font?
10:20 mtj hmm, pass!
10:21 mtj ive always been curious, myself
10:21 mtj i asked rach from katipo, she couldn't remember :)
10:21 mle hehe
10:21 mle i asked he a while ago too. : 0
10:22 mle : ) even
10:22 mle well thats easy then - i get to choose ; )
10:22 kf mle: I think it's in the logs
10:22 kf there is a website
10:22 kf which helps you find fonts
10:22 kf and we found one that was similar enough
10:22 kf not sure... where in the logs... you might want to search around some
10:23 mtj yep, its a pretty generic-ish font :)
10:23 mle tyvm
10:24 mtj wow, i have so many dirs of backup svg files on my lappy
10:29 kf mle: have you checked misc/interface_customization
10:29 mle not yet. first font finder failed
10:29 kf[…]7a12148671fa1dddd
10:30 mle tyvm
10:30 mtj meh, i can only find my vector-from-bitmap version of the logo
10:30 mtj not the orig. one
10:31 mle tyvm for looking
10:33 kf sorry mle
10:33 kf can't find the chat protocol with the link
10:33 mle i got it ky. ; )
10:33 mle ack!
10:33 mle kf. ; )
10:33 * mle goes for more coffee
10:33 mle ahem
10:33 kf ?
10:34 * sekjal follows mle, only to his own kitchen
10:37 * mle cant type this morning
10:40 paul_p kf one more coming to the hackfest ( juan_sieira ). We will be 34 (and will try to find a solution to have everybody sitted...)
10:40 kf paul_p: wow - getting more every day
10:40 kf which is good
10:40 kf but hope not too crowded to get work done
10:41 paul_p kf yes, i'm very happy... I hope so, that's why we're looking for an alternate room now.
10:42 kf oh
10:42 mtj mle: my logo is here... ->[…]5ddec02d4cd28e674
10:44 paul_p kf I think we will have a lot of ppl for testing/sign-offing. So you can go to the "ergonomy" group for all the week imo.
10:44 paul_p (if you want to)
10:46 kf I think I will see how things work out when there
10:46 kf I want to compile a list of things... bugs and patches... hopefully before next week
10:47 kf that I want to look at / work on
10:47 kf paul_p: you changed the menu :)
10:48 paul_p kf = it was last year menu !
10:48 paul_p now it's 2012 ;-)
10:48 kf you kept the susi and pizza - I am happy
10:49 mbalmer my SIP C client now is really decoding anything.
10:49 * mbalmer is happy
10:53 paul_p kf you'll also enjoy the "french cheese" lunch & the lebanon lunch I hope ;-)
10:54 kf ;)
10:54 kf talking about food... time for lunch here
10:54 kf and had no breakfast
10:54 paul_p wow... good lunch kf_lunch
10:59 sekjal paul_p:  just to confirm, hackfest is next week?
10:59 paul_p sekjal yep
10:59 paul_p sekjal you want to come ? ;-)
11:00 sekjal very much so, but circumstances prevent
11:00 paul_p (good morning)
11:00 sekjal not only the new job, but also a conference in Washington DC
11:00 sekjal (and good morning to you, as well)
11:00 sekjal (or afternoon... not sure now, since we just time-shifted here in the US)
11:01 Oak joined #koha
11:01 paul_p sekjal just 12:00 here !
11:01 sekjal ah ha!
11:02 dpavlin joined #koha
11:06 hdl joined #koha
11:07 mbalmer our SIP server is not very robust.  You send it an illegal message (I did on purpose) and it goes down the abyss.
11:07 mbalmer I guess it needs some love during the hackfest
11:07 sekjal mbalmer:  yes please!
11:08 mbalmer having a SIP client library surely helps
11:15 hdl joined #koha
11:17 mbalmer codifying the while SIP standard is boring.
11:21 jwagner joined #koha
11:32 clrh juan_sieira: good news for hackfest :)
11:33 mbalmer sekjal, are you using SIP?
11:33 juan_sieira thank Claire
11:34 sekjal mbalmer:  not anymore
11:34 sekjal I worked with it a bit when I was with ByWater, but not since
11:34 mbalmer ok, I see.
11:35 mbalmer I managed to connect our POS system to Koha (to pay fees etc.), it is surprisingly stable (unless you send illegal messages)
11:36 sekjal there are still some areas of the SIP2 Spec that aren't fully implemented yet, and better exception/error handling would be welcome, but yes, it works pretty well
11:37 sekjal what I'd like is a clean set of Perl scripts to act as a SIP client, so I can create a web front end for testing and using a SIP connection to Koha
11:37 mbalmer For now, I just check if the remote end closed the connection, and if so, I reconnect
11:38 mbalmer well, my client is written in C (robust/fast) and I have a Lua binding.
11:39 sekjal a Perl library for SIP clientry would also allow us to create easy Koha ad-hoc lending networks.
11:40 * jcamins_away was just thinking what he really wanted was a Koha ad-hoc lending network. :P
11:40 jcamins_away Well, maybe not.
11:40 jcamins Good morning, #koha.
11:40 sekjal morning, jcamins!
11:40 jcamins However, it is an intriguing idea. :)
11:41 mbalmer is it common in perl to use libraries written in C?  i.e. to interface C stuff from Perl?
11:41 sekjal mbalmer:  I don't know
11:41 mbalmer like is done all the time in the Lua community
11:41 sekjal I don't think that it's unheard of
11:42 jcamins Pretty common. You just append _XS to the package name.
11:42 mbalmer A Perl module written in C, I mean
11:42 mbalmer Blafoo_XS ?
11:42 jcamins Right.
11:42 jcamins At least, that's my understanding.
11:42 mbalmer What does XS stand for?
11:43 jcamins I have no idea what XS stands for, but it seems to be pretty consistent.
11:43 jcamins eXternal Subroutine.
11:43 mtj
11:43 jcamins There's another option called SWIG, apparently.
11:44 mbalmer swig is a generator
11:44 mbalmer 774 lines of code ;)
11:46 jcamins Does anyone know who Prosentient is?
11:46 sekjal jcamins:  Australian company, I believe
11:47 sekjal my understanding is that they have a fork of Koha they're offering, but they're not being clear that it's a fork
11:47 sekjal but I could be wrong; I'm not fully educated on the details
11:47 jcamins sekjal: they seem to have forked Koha 3.2?
11:48 sekjal that's believable
11:48 mbalmer do they make the source code available?
11:48 mtj afaik... no
11:48 jcamins They don't appear to.
11:49 mbalmer then they are in violation of the license and must be sued….
11:49 mbalmer ;)
11:50 mbalmer[…]/intersearch-koha
11:50 mbalmer what they do seems perfectly fine to me.
11:50 nengard joined #koha
11:52 jcamins mbalmer: their FAQ discusses sysprefs that don't exist.
11:52 mbalmer oh.
11:52 kf_lunch Koha:IndependantSuggestions
11:53 kf_lunch SearchGlobalBranch.
11:53 kf_lunch yeah
11:53 mbalmer bastards ;)
11:53 kf_lunch itseems they also use the old editor for systempreferences
11:53 kf_lunch so 3.2 probably
11:54 jcamins kf_lunch: yeah, this question was inspired by the patch I just failed.
11:54 kf and good morning jared :)
11:54 jcamins (which is for 3.2)
11:54 jcamins Good morning.
11:56 * magnuse waves
11:56 jcamins Hrm. Doesn't oleonard usually show up on #koha around now?
11:56 collum joined #koha
11:57 sekjal jcamins:  could be the time-shift
11:58 jcamins sekjal: oh yeah.
11:58 jcamins I should adjust my watch before I go out today.
12:01 * jcamins heads over to the new apartment to meet the contractors.
12:04 sekjal time to head to work.  cheers, #koha
12:08 mbalmer kf, will you be at the swiss BIS conference in Konstanz?
12:12 kf mbalmer: hm I don't hink I will
12:12 kf I think it's at the Konzil?
12:12 kf do you have a date?
12:15 mbalmer 12.-15. Sept. yes, in the Konzil
12:16 kf hm leaving for a presentation near berlin on 14th
12:17 kf will you be there?
12:17 oleonard joined #koha
12:18 oleonard Hi #koha
12:18 kf morning oleonard :)
12:18 kf next week... this time!
12:18 mbalmer kf, yes
12:19 kf I think someone from BSZ will probably be there
12:20 mbalmer we will have a booth as "Koha Support Schweiz"
12:20 kf ah cool
12:24 paul_p good morning oleonard & jcamins_away
12:24 NateC joined #koha
12:27 tcohen joined #koha
12:34 oleonard jcamins_away was a bug-testing machine this weekend.
12:36 magnuse yeah jcamins++
12:42 Shane-S joined #koha
12:49 kmkale joined #koha
12:50 ago43 joined #koha
12:56 asaurat1 joined #koha
12:56 schuster joined #koha
13:02 oleonard Bug 7703: New bug report, old pet peeve.
13:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7703 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Don't block bulk hold action on search results if some items can't be placed on hold
13:15 talljoy joined #koha
13:36 sturmtruppen joined #koha
13:37 sturmtruppen hi #koha
13:37 kf hmm
13:37 kf the italian library has qr codes
13:37 kf hi sturmtruppen
13:37 sturmtruppen hi kf
13:37 sturmtruppen i changed my problem...
13:38 kf new problem?
13:38 sturmtruppen now my problem is DBD::mysql::db selectrow_array failed: Table 'koha.systempreferences' doesn't exist at /home/koha/kohaclone/blib/PE​RL_MODULE_DIR/C4/ line 542.
13:39 kf have you run the webinstaller?
13:39 sturmtruppen this is one part... make test fails!
13:39 kf ah
13:39 kf running the db dependent test suite will fail
13:39 kf because you don't have a populated database
13:39 sturmtruppen yes
13:39 sturmtruppen oh,...
13:40 sturmtruppen DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'koha.marc_subfield_structure' doesn't exist at /home/koha/kohaclone/blib/PERL_M​ODULE_DIR/C4/Heading/ line 69.
13:40 sturmtruppen is this the same kind of error?
13:41 kf yes
13:41 kf you can't have tables
13:41 kf before running the webinstaller
13:41 sturmtruppen but i run only make
13:42 sturmtruppen not make test or make install
13:43 Oak joined #koha
13:43 sturmtruppen Test Summary Report
13:43 sturmtruppen -------------------
13:43 sturmtruppen t/Heading_MARC21.t                (Wstat: 65280 Tests: 1 Failed: 0)
13:43 sturmtruppen Non-zero exit status: 255
13:43 sturmtruppen Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 3 tests but ran 1.
13:43 sturmtruppen Files=89, Tests=7498, 99 wallclock secs ( 4.30 usr  1.74 sys + 61.61 cusr 11.99 csys = 79.64 CPU)
13:43 sturmtruppen Result: FAIL
13:43 sturmtruppen Failed 1/89 test programs. 0/7498 subtests failed.
13:43 sturmtruppen make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
13:44 kf hmm
13:44 JesseM joined #koha
13:44 kf which version?
13:44 kf jcamins_away: around?
13:44 sturmtruppen git
13:48 sturmtruppen dev installation, and following the instructions in INSTALL.debian
13:48 sturmtruppen locate mysql_config
13:49 sturmtruppen sorry, wrong monitor
13:54 Shane-S joined #koha
13:55 Oak guys, you know any good Koha Live cd? I mean the link?
13:56 Oak uh oh, electricity will go in few minutes...
13:56 maximep joined #koha
13:58 oleonard Oak: This was announced the other day:
13:58 oleonard But I haven't tried it
13:58 Oak ah cool. thanks.
14:01 jcamins_away kf: yes.
14:02 juan joined #koha
14:02 jcamins_away kf: if you're referring to the Heading_MARC21.t test, I have a bug, and a patch.
14:02 jcamins_away oleonard++
14:03 juan_home joined #koha
14:05 Shane-S poop! I wanted SQL to make a Dynamic Title for a report...but alas you can not CONCAT in an AS statement *cries*
14:06 kf jcamins_away: thought you might now if that is something that can be safely ignored
14:06 tcohen joined #koha
14:07 jcamins_away kf: it can be.
14:07 kf sturmtruppen: all ok then :)
14:07 sturmtruppen all ok?
14:08 sturmtruppen but the "make test" tell me Result: FAIL
14:08 sturmtruppen Failed 1/89 test programs. 0/7498 subtests failed.
14:08 sturmtruppen make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
14:08 kf failing the test, ignore it
14:08 sturmtruppen ok. i move on
14:11 jcamins Does anyone have any idea what Paolo means by "the graphical aspect of the Koha OPAC has been reshaped"?
14:11 kf it looks like css mostly
14:11 jcamins As far as I can tell, ther OPAC is almost completely standard.
14:11 kf perhaps that :)
14:11 kf but
14:11 magnuse "we changed how it looks"? :-)
14:11 kf they have qr codes
14:12 magnuse where?
14:13 kf items
14:13 kf last tab
14:13 jcamins Ah, interesting.
14:13 magnuse link?
14:13 wahanui i heard link was wrong.
14:13 magnuse wahanui: forget link
14:13 wahanui magnuse: I forgot link
14:13 jcamins[…]?biblionumber=104
14:14 magnuse ah, thanks - i deleted the email...
14:15 magnuse what happens if you read the code? are you taken to that page in the opac? or something else+
14:15 magnuse s/+/?/
14:16 jcamins magnuse: no idea.
14:16 jcamins magnuse: I shall photograph my screen and find out.
14:16 kf i can try
14:16 jcamins It's a link to the OPAC.
14:17 oleonard that same page :|
14:17 kf yep
14:17 kf it's a link
14:17 * kf was too slow
14:17 oleonard Customized templates... I see a <FONT> :P
14:17 magnuse yeah and i forgot i have a barcode reader on my mobile too :-)
14:17 magnuse woohoo!
14:18 magnuse koha needs more <font>s - we all do!
14:18 asaurat joined #koha
14:18 jcamins oleonard: how did they customize the template, though? It looks entirely vanilla.
14:20 jcamins How as in "what did they change?" not as in "what technique did they use."
14:22 sturmtruppen i just run the web installer
14:22 sturmtruppen he says ok
14:23 kf sturmtruppen: yay :)
14:23 sturmtruppen wait... i till have to start zebra....
14:23 oleonard jcamins: Besides the QR code I just see stuff that could have been changed using CSS
14:24 kf oleonard: yep
14:28 * wizzyrea waves
14:32 * jcamins waves back.
14:32 * magnuse waves back too
14:34 wizzyrea oo, the filtering on holds to pull
14:34 wizzyrea I like that.
14:34 wizzyrea Is neat.
14:35 wizzyrea question though, the libraries filter
14:35 wizzyrea it's coming across as "CPLMPL"
14:35 wizzyrea and even if you have one that is in both, if you set that filter it doesn't work
14:35 kf hi wizzyrea :)
14:36 wizzyrea hi kf
14:36 wizzyrea is that the datatables stufF?
14:36 wizzyrea it is super cool
14:36 wizzyrea
14:36 wizzyrea this is what I mean
14:37 jcamins francharb: around?
14:38 oleonard Yes, that's datatables wizzyrea
14:41 jcamins I will not be signing off on bug 7590. I can't figure out how to reproduce it.
14:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7590 normal, P5 - low, ---, frederic, Needs Signoff , Cataloging authorities search result page is broken
14:41 paul_p a new french librarian coming to the hackfest...
14:41 kf 35?
14:41 wizzyrea holy smokes
14:41 paul_p kf yep ;-)
14:42 kf paul_p: were you able to get another room? :)
14:42 mbalmer should I bring my friends ? ;)
14:42 jcamins paul_p: since you're here, do you have more UNIMARC records?
14:42 sturmtruppen kf... i suppose the problem is the user that own zebra.
14:42 jcamins (for testing)
14:42 jcamins unimarc data?
14:42 paul_p kf fortunately, our neibourgh is a NPO, that has a lot of place, and we will have a room here !
14:42 sturmtruppen how can i verify mi idea?
14:42 kf oh nice!
14:42 jcamins unimarc data is[…]ree;f=sql/unimarc
14:42 paul_p jcamins = I can send you the database I use on the sandbox.
14:43 kf paul_p: marc version works with mbalmer :)
14:43 jcamins paul_p: yes please!
14:43 kf oops
14:43 kf veron
14:43 kf paul_p: please send it to me too or put it up for download somehwere?
14:43 paul_p kf really ? the company is called "MARCs rule the world" ? :D
14:44 * paul_p wanted to put it on contrib.git repo, but can't do it for now.
14:44 paul_p ok, meeting time, will be back soon !
14:44 francharb jcamins, i'm here but not available
14:45 jcamins francharb: it's okay, paul_p is going to send me the UNIMARC data from the sandbox later. :)
14:45 kf mbalmer: you know, that would be really realyl scary
14:45 jcamins Don't forget RUSMARC.
14:45 kf CANMARC
14:45 francharb by the way, jcamins, I still have in mind that you ask me to test your patch
14:45 kf NORMARC
14:46 francharb I should have done it weeks ago
14:46 mbalmer NEITHERNORMARC
14:46 jcamins francharb: paul_p tested it on UNIMARC, so it's okay. :)
14:46 francharb \0/
14:46 francharb paul_++
14:46 francharb paul_p++
14:46 francharb jcamins++
14:46 francharb ;)
14:46 mbalmer crap, Sunrise does not respond to a SIP login message, but closes the connection
14:47 jcamins mbalmer: better rename it to Sunset.
14:47 mbalmer yes.
14:47 mbalmer but it's nice to test SIP against it.
14:48 wizzyrea bug 7619
14:48 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7619 blocker, P2, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , 3M self checkout don't work in France
14:49 * jcamins hums Fiddler on the Roof.
14:52 kf wizzyrea: I think we should not change it back
14:52 kf wizzyrea: perhaps we need a configuration option
14:53 sturmtruppen nothing for me?
14:54 kf what is your current problem sturmtruppen?
14:54 sturmtruppen how can i see who is the user of zebra?
14:55 wizzyrea maximep - did you say your mobile solution was CSS only?
14:55 wizzyrea if you're about.
14:55 sturmtruppen zebraidx(23158) [warn] zebra_lock_create fail fname=/home/koha/koha-dev/var/​lock/zebradb/biblios/norm..LCK [Permission denied]
14:55 sturmtruppen my suppose was right, as you suggest, kf
14:57 kf yeah permissions again
14:57 kf make your koha user the owner of the zebra files
14:57 sturmtruppen ok, i'll try.
14:57 sturmtruppen i'm suer i'll write here agian fo my failure in it...
14:57 sturmtruppen :)
15:02 maximep wizzyrea: css + 2 lines in the header
15:03 wizzyrea what's the URL again?
15:03 maximep pretty sure marc boivin from libeo talked about it on the ML
15:03 sturmtruppen[…]?biblionumber=104
15:03 maximep[…]org/msg02887.html
15:03 wizzyrea maximep++ thx
15:04 sturmtruppen doh'...
15:04 maximep he would really like feedback from anyone btw
15:10 mbalmer hmm, it seem like it is not possible to get fee details via SIP, only the sum of all fees.  Is that so?
15:10 wizzyrea I believe that's right
15:12 mbalmer crap.  The I think I need to extend the protocol and inform 3M of that extension
15:12 mbalmer s/The/Then/
15:12 wahanui i heard YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEs was the long answer
15:12 sturmtruppen sorry....
15:12 sturmtruppen yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
15:13 kf it works?
15:13 sturmtruppen again: yes
15:13 kf congratulations :)
15:13 mbalmer the fee paid message has field CG, to identify a specific fee
15:13 sturmtruppen permission problem
15:13 sturmtruppen solved
15:14 sturmtruppen another problem for my hero...
15:14 oleonard I'm impressed that wahanui knows the exact spelling of "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEs"
15:14 sturmtruppen in the ISBD format, the ISBN is wrong,
15:15 sturmtruppen in the athoer label, it's right
15:15 sturmtruppen i suppose there is an error in the query
15:15 sturmtruppen how can i see if is it right?
15:16 kf ?
15:17 sturmtruppen after the search, i i choose the label "ISBD"
15:17 jcamins sturmtruppen: I recommend simply disabling the ISBD view.
15:17 sturmtruppen the field: "ISBN" display "Milano" instead of "8840813241"
15:18 sturmtruppen "LCCN" display the right isbn
15:18 oleonard sturmtruppen: I don't find that to be the case with the default ISBD configuration
15:19 sturmtruppen oleonard: ?
15:19 kf sturmtruppen: perhaps something in your data
15:19 kf oh
15:19 kf did you use marc21 or unimarc?
15:19 sturmtruppen unimarc
15:19 kf and where did you download the record from?
15:19 jcamins sturmtruppen: you'll probably have to modify the ISBD syspref if you don't like the way it shows up. As I said, though, I'd recommend simply disabling it since it doesn't really have any use as far as I can tell.
15:19 tcohen joined #koha
15:19 sturmtruppen because italian support unimarc
15:20 * jcamins leaves for the post office and Manhattan.
15:21 sturmtruppen jcamins: thanks for the tip! This is a work for the school where i teach but i want to learn to how koha works!
15:26 mbalmer so I need to extend SIP to provide fee detail information and feedback which fees have been paid, which have been canceled etc.
15:26 mbalmer that will be some fun
15:34 mbalmer does Lori Bowen Ayre or Ian Walls hang out in this channel?
15:34 wizzyrea ping sekjal
15:34 wizzyrea ping lba
15:34 oleonard Lori not very often. sekjal often.
15:34 mbalmer ok, cool, tnx
15:36 mbalmer a cool self payment machine would list all individual fees a patron has, and let them select which ones to pay now, and which ones to leave open.
15:37 mbalmer and lba, sekjal seem to have been involved in the Fee paid support in the SIP server
15:37 mveron joined #koha
15:38 * mbalmer waves at mveron
15:38 mveron Hi #koha
15:38 * mveron Waves back to mbalmer.
15:41 Shane-S is it easy to change the timeout? I want to make a room here where teacher can "checkout" books, and have a kiosk logged in all the time for them to easily scan an ID and checkout all the books/movies they need, would that be hard?
15:41 sekjal joined #koha
15:42 kf Shane-S: changing the timeout is not a good idea - it's the same for staff and opac
15:42 kf Shane-S: you could look at the self check
15:42 kf Shane-S: web based self check that is
15:42 matthewboh joined #koha
15:43 schuster Shane-S - yes that sounds like what you need.
15:43 schuster self checkout
15:43 Shane-S ah okay :P
15:43 kf check the manual :) is has instructions
15:44 matthewboh Quick question about Koha install - it used to use different ports for OPAC and Staff interface. Is that still the case?
15:44 mbalmer when I started this, it ws not my intend to hack the SIP server.  But at least, unlike with Sunrise, here it's possible to extend the protocol/server.
15:44 sekjal matthewboh:  by default, yes, port :80 for OPAC and port :8080 for staff client
15:45 sekjal you can adjust that however you wish, of course
15:45 mbalmer matthewboh, very easy to run them both on the same port (with different hostnames, of cours)
15:45 matthewboh Thanks so much for the quick answer.
15:45 mbalmer sekjal, you seem to have been involved with the fee paid SIP message, correct?
15:46 sekjal mbalmer: yes
15:46 mbalmer do you know any folks at 3M?  It looks like I will need to extend the protocol a bit wrt to fee payment.
15:47 sekjal the bulk of the code was written by PTFS-Europe; I tested it, and added some followup modifications based on my client's feedback
15:47 sekjal mbalmer:  no, I didn't get as far as talking to the 3M people
15:47 sturmtruppen Syck parser (line 300, column -1): syntax error at /usr/lib/perl5/YAML/ line 76, <$fh> line 1.
15:47 sturmtruppen For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@koha), giving this error message and the time and date of the error
15:47 sekjal it was in the works when I left ByWater... they may have more up to date info
15:47 mbalmer sekjal, do you know the folks at PTFS or any folks I should contact?
15:48 mbalmer to share infos and code?
15:48 sekjal mbalmer: colin campbell
15:51 kf mbalmer: ptfs europe
15:52 mbalmer so is colin campbell hanging around here?
15:53 sekjal mbalmer:  I don't think so... I don't see his nick
15:53 mbalmer I think I got his email.  at least one to try.
15:53 kf mbalmer: extending the format sounds a bit dangerous - perhaps I would go for standard compliant first
15:53 oleonard @seen colin
15:53 huginn oleonard: colin was last seen in #koha 1 year, 9 weeks, 3 days, 17 hours, 51 minutes, and 17 seconds ago: <Colin> Colin Campbell, PTFS Europe Ltd
15:54 kf @seen ColinC
15:54 huginn kf: ColinC was last seen in #koha 9 weeks, 5 days, 3 hours, 16 minutes, and 46 seconds ago: <ColinC> And look at their technical stuff I found I knew less after I read it
15:54 mbalmer kf, standard does not cover what we need, but standard says "unknown messages must be ignored to be compatible with future extensions"
15:55 mbalmer so it should be safe to add extensions all the more as the ACS only responds to the SC messages, it can not break exisitng installs.
15:56 mbalmer extending the protocol was a misnomer.  adding a new message and response would be correct.
16:00 luisb joined #koha
16:01 melia joined #koha
16:11 mtate joined #koha
16:22 reiveune bye
16:22 reiveune left #koha
16:28 asaurat left #koha
16:39 gaetan_B joined #koha
16:44 jcamins_away sturmtruppen: if you don't figure out how ISBD works, I don't think you'll be missing out on much. As I said, I don't think it really has any use at this point.
16:44 jcamins oleonard: you should be receiving a package on Wednesday or Thursday.
16:45 * oleonard solemnly swears to share
16:45 jcamins :)
16:45 ago43_ joined #koha
16:46 oleonard jcamins: I'm still perplexed about the local image load time
16:46 kf oleonard: stay away from reiveune !
16:46 jcamins oleonard: yeah, that's really weird.
16:46 kf witht he package :)
16:47 oleonard I stripped out all the JavaScript and have the template displaying the image (no JS loading), and the load time is still 5 seconds each
16:47 kf ouch
16:47 jcamins That's bizarre.
16:47 jcamins When I ran it with NYTProf, it took 300ms.
16:48 oleonard If I point my browser to the image URL it doesn't take 5 seconds
16:48 jcamins That's *really* bizarre. I was going to say "maybe it's an Apache transferring thing, not that there should be any such issue."
16:49 mbalmer it is strange that SIP defines a field CG, fee identifier, but now way to list open fees.  I wonder if I oversee sth, but I doubt not.
16:52 oleonard jcamins: Could there be some kind of overhead in repeatedly calling the opac-images script which wouldn't be noticeable in a single call?
16:53 * oleonard tried loading a single image with a biblionumber URL parameter to make sure it wasn't cached, those loaded fine
16:53 jcamins oleonard: I guess it's possible.
16:53 libsysguy joined #koha
16:53 jcamins oleonard: hard to see how, though.
16:55 jcamins @seen libsysguy
16:55 huginn jcamins: libsysguy was last seen in #koha 1 week, 3 days, 19 hours, 42 minutes, and 45 seconds ago: <libsysguy> thanks :)
16:56 jcamins I thought it had been a while. Vacation?
16:56 jcamins And, welcome back, libsysguy.
16:57 kf left #koha
16:57 libsysguy haha no just a lot of work outside of koha sadly
16:57 libsysguy thanks jcamins
16:57 jcamins Well, welcome back to fun-ness.
16:57 libsysguy hehe
16:57 jcamins You'll be glad to know that I am not going to be bugging you to test 7284.
16:58 libsysguy i thought I saw where that got pushed
16:58 libsysguy or at least passed
16:58 jcamins Yup. :)
16:58 libsysguy P
16:58 jcamins Pushed.
16:58 libsysguy w00t
16:58 libsysguy what is the next jcamins project?
16:59 jcamins libsysguy: I'm not sure. I have a bunch of enhancements filed in Bugzilla.
16:59 Shane-S_ joined #koha
16:59 jcamins libsysguy: I guess it depends what other people are most interested in.
17:00 libsysguy haha…hmm libsysguy is interested in hourly
17:00 libsysguy :P
17:00 jcamins I'd kind of like to see the see-from references searched (optionally), so possibly that.
17:03 sekjal jcamins:  arbitrary biblio relationships!
17:04 jcamins sekjal: that'd be great, but I don't see anyone being interested in funding that.
17:04 sekjal true enough...
17:06 * jcamins has all sorts of projects he'd like to work on like that. ;)
17:15 laurence left #koha
17:15 sekjal jcamins oleonard:  just tried the local images on my test machine.  it's loading the image twice, at about 530ms each (entirely on localhost)
17:15 oleonard sekjal are you testing the search results page?
17:16 sekjal details
17:17 oleonard It's on the results page that I'm seeing the long delays
17:17 sekjal k
17:17 sekjal need to reindex, then I'll try a search
17:23 sekjal ::sigh:: my Zebra search is fried
17:24 jcamins sekjal: how so?
17:24 sekjal just won't return any results
17:24 sekjal not sure why
17:24 mbalmer that's not a lot.
17:24 jcamins And the Zebra server is running?
17:24 jcamins sekjal: the solution that I've taken to using when I break my Zebra config is to just rerun make install.
17:25 sekjal ah ha
17:25 sekjal it wasn't running, because my permissions were wrong in koha-dev
17:25 sekjal this test box is wicked clunky..
17:26 sekjal oleonard:  getting about 630ms per search result for image retrieval
17:27 sekjal oddly enough, no image found takes just as long as downloading an actual file
17:27 jcamins sekjal: really?
17:27 jcamins I mean, that it's only 630ms.
17:27 jcamins That's odd.
17:27 jcamins I had the same issue as oleonard.
17:28 wizzyrea
17:28 oleonard sekjal: Are you using Firebug to track the time?
17:28 sekjal oleonard:  yes
17:32 oleonard Hmm... a symptom of a low-resource VM?
17:34 gaetan_B left #koha
17:34 sekjal oleonard: could it be a limit on the number of images downloadable from a single server at once
17:34 sekjal ?
17:35 jcamins sekjal: are you using VirtualBox or something else?
17:35 sekjal jcamins: VirtualBox, yes
17:35 jcamins Hm.
17:35 sekjal Windows Host, Ubuntu guest
17:36 oleonard If I'm not mistaken, sekjal, firebug is taking that into account. The grey part of the graph represents the delay caused by waiting for an available connection, the purple represents time spent processing
17:38 sekjal oleonard:  it's all purple on both search results I retrieved
17:38 jcamins sekjal: oh, you only have two results?
17:39 oleonard sekjal:
17:40 sekjal oleonard: do you have indexes on biblioimages.biblionumber in your database?
17:41 jcamins sekjal: ooh, did I forget to put an index on that?
17:41 sekjal jcamins:  it's indexed on mine
17:41 sekjal but i manually renamed from bibliocoverimage to biblioimages
17:42 jcamins Hm. You may be right about it not being indexed.
17:42 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_7458' <[…]2cb7a46cf49530aef> / bug_7458: Correct existing existing call numbers retrieval <[…]f9ba865a1d4fe5fb1> / Bug 7577 follow-up <[…]h=e0115a8f43ea9b9
17:42 oleonard bibliocoverimage_fk1
17:43 jcamins Ah. Right. Foreign keys create indexes.
17:45 jcamins sekjal: testing with NYTProf, retrieving a single image only takes a few hundred milliseconds, so it's probably not anything about the database.
17:45 jenkins_koha Starting build #652 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #644 5 j 1 h ago)
17:47 edveal joined #koha
18:00 cait joined #koha
18:09 oleonard Thinking about load times reminds me of Bug 1918
18:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1918 enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Minify JavaScript and CSS
18:12 jcamins sekjal: working on the mobile interface? :)
18:14 mle I broke the wiki.
18:14 mle I broke the wiki. Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/wiki/web/w/includes/GlobalFunctions.php on line 2176
18:14 mle Warning: wfMkdirParents: failed to mkdir "/home/wiki/web/w/images/thumb/arch​ive/20120312180712!Koha-logo12.png" mode 511 in /home/wiki/web/w/includes/GlobalFunctions.php on line 2179
18:15 cait oh
18:15 cait where?
18:15 mle[…]e:Koha-logo12.png
18:15 mle maybe because it is over 50kb? image?
18:15 cait ooh
18:15 cait it works for me
18:15 mle cool
18:15 cait and it's beautiful!
18:15 mle aww ty
18:15 sturmtruppen very nice
18:16 oleonard I see the errors at the top of the page but the page loads
18:16 cait make a note of the font!
18:16 sturmtruppen me too
18:16 cait no errors for me
18:17 sturmtruppen mle: made with?
18:18 mle inkscape and gimp and some allegedly open source font
18:18 mle and ripped off from debconf7
18:18 mle[…]banner-split1.png
18:18 oleonard Very strange mystery here. We got a shipment from Baker & Talor which we didn't order. When we asked why they said that our Koha acquisitions module submitted the order!
18:18 sturmtruppen thanks for the info. very nice
18:19 jcamins oleonard: wasn't me, because I didn't use Baker and Taylor to ship the fudge. ;)
18:19 oleonard In what world would Koha submit an order directly to Baker & Taylor?
18:20 cait email
18:20 sekjal jcamins: I've been looking at it, yes
18:20 cait hm
18:20 cait no only for calims
18:21 sekjal the big thing I think we need is a consistent set of input and output params on each page
18:21 jcamins sekjal: agreed.
18:21 bag @wunder 93109
18:21 bag @wunder 93109
18:21 bag hmmm
18:21 sekjal then we'd be able to make as many templates as we like
18:21 huginn bag: The current temperature in K6LCM-Westside/Mesa, Santa Barbara, California is 13.1°C (11:20 AM PDT on March 12, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 80%. Dew Point: 10.0°C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017.2 hPa (Steady).
18:21 huginn bag: The current temperature in K6LCM-Westside/Mesa, Santa Barbara, California is 13.1°C (11:20 AM PDT on March 12, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 80%. Dew Point: 10.0°C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017.2 hPa (Steady).
18:21 jcamins And I think you're just the person to do that!
18:22 sekjal I can identify what we're currently using, and perhaps what could be added/removed
18:22 sekjal but agreeing to it, and policing it, would be a community-wide job
18:22 sekjal we'd have to have a policy in place; no new params within a stable release
18:23 jcamins Well, yes, but without actual code, agreeing on things wouldn't actually help much. ;)
18:23 oleonard an example of responsive web design: Shink your browser window to see it change
18:23 sekjal jcamins:  true enough.   though I think this would be more charts and diagrams than code
18:24 jcamins That is beautiful.
18:24 oleonard Wouldn't Koha require EDI support to submit an order directly to a vendor? Is that what EDI does?
18:24 cait oleonard: but means the vendor also has to support edi
18:24 jcamins oleonard: that's my understanding.
18:24 cait I think emailing ordersis much more common
18:24 cait and we can't do that even
18:25 oleonard Baker & Taylor received an order from us from the future?
18:25 cait lol
18:26 * oleonard doesn't want to live in a future in which we were ordering extra copies of Sarah Palin's biography!!
18:26 cait could it be someone was testing
18:26 cait and sent a claim instead of an order?
18:26 cait that looked like an order to them?
18:26 cait that can happen quite easily by accident
18:26 oleonard We don't use acquisitions at all. No vendor data in our database.
18:27 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #652: STILL UNSTABLE in 41 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/652/
18:27 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 7577: Adds a display page for suggestions
18:27 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 7577 follow-up
18:27 jenkins_koha * srdjan: bug_7458: Correct existing existing call numbers retrieval
18:27 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7577 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Suggestion show page
18:27 cait oh
18:49 libsysguy joined #koha
18:53 jwagner /quit
18:54 Shane-S joined #koha
18:59 oleonard Client side validation of the add item form is completely broken.
18:59 cait :(
18:59 wizzyrea !
18:59 wizzyrea seems like I just looked at a patch for that recently
19:00 wizzyrea define completely broken
19:00 oleonard It completely misidentifies which fields are mandatory
19:00 oleonard I think because the order in which the fields are generated differs from the order in which they are output in the template
19:00 wizzyrea you probably don't have jquery customizations on your test server
19:01 wizzyrea mine seems alright...
19:01 * wizzyrea marks more fields required
19:03 oleonard In my system, for instance, the script thinks 952 a is at index [0]. It is output to the page at index[8]. so instead of warning me that 952a is empty, it warns me that 952 0 is empty
19:03 wizzyrea oh I SEE
19:03 wizzyrea yea, mine's doing that too
19:18 edveal I am looking to yellow highlight the background of a single line in the detailed display.  Specifically the class="results_summary online_resources" Any suggestions?
19:19 jcamins .online_resources { background-color:yellow; } ?
19:19 wizzyrea in your opac or intranet usercss
19:19 edveal Duuuu
19:19 edveal Thanks...LOL
19:19 wizzyrea :)
19:20 edveal It is Monday. I was trying to make it much harder than it is... LOL
19:20 jcamins wizzyrea: does intranet use results_summary?
19:20 wizzyrea i thought cait added it
19:20 wizzyrea maybe not
19:20 jcamins I don't recall.
19:20 cait me niether
19:20 cait i thought i did
19:20 jcamins Then you probably did.
19:20 cait or not :)
19:22 jcamins Agreed.
19:25 oleonard Are lines in the add item form for things like "total checkouts" there because the script require that they be submitted even if they are not displayed?
19:25 * oleonard is wondering why we output them at all even if they are display:none
19:27 sekjal oleonard:  good question
19:30 oleonard jquery's each() function seems to hit elements which are display:none, but jquery's eq() function does not :P
19:41 oleonard Hmm... maybe that's not it after all...
20:04 Space_Librarian joined #koha
20:04 oleonard Okay, additem validation should now work
20:04 wizzyrea bug?
20:04 wahanui well, bug is always bad news, particularly if you haven't filed it yet.
20:05 oleonard Yes
20:05 * wizzyrea will qa/signoff right now
20:05 kathryn joined #koha
20:05 oleonard Fixed it in an update to Bug 7670
20:05 wizzyrea more signoff.
20:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7670 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , make required fields red in
20:05 wizzyrea cool
20:07 rangi oleonard++
20:07 cait oleonard++
20:07 * jcamins decides to call it a day.
20:07 jcamins So long, #koha.
20:07 cait you deserve it :)
20:07 oleonard Bye jcamins
20:08 wizzyrea oleonard: I like it
20:08 * wizzyrea signs off
20:10 wizzyrea I like that better, actually
20:10 wizzyrea than the old way.
20:10 * oleonard suspects now catalogers will complain about how bright red the field labels are :P
20:11 cait :)
20:14 * libsysguy just wrote my first perl crawler :)
20:15 * oleonard calls it a day too
20:15 cait have a nice evening oleonard
20:15 oleonard pretty soon you all are going to have to admit it's a day
20:16 * cait is already there
20:16 rangi ohhh
20:17 rangi[…]x-Koha-logo12.png
20:17 rangi mle++
20:17 wizzyrea preeeetttyyyy
20:17 cait mle++
20:28 mbalmer edinburgh rules
20:30 Space_Librarian *sighs*
20:31 Space_Librarian mle++
20:35 mbalmer err, should I also mle++?  what's it about?
20:36 rangi that logo he made
20:36 wizzyrea mle++
20:37 mbalmer the kohacon12 logo?  definitely deserves a "++"
20:37 bag I wanna go :(
20:37 Space_Librarian bag, me too
20:37 * mbalmer will go
20:38 * wizzyrea can't, no $$ in the budget :(
20:38 * Space_Librarian can't - too far away for work to justify sending me. :(
20:38 mbalmer wizzyrea, they take GBP, not $$
20:39 wizzyrea then there are not enough dollars -> GBP in the budget
20:39 mbalmer hmm, the kerning on that logo is wrong.
20:39 wizzyrea oh god, bad kerning.
20:39 * wizzyrea recalls the xkcd
20:40 mbalmer the kerning is really bad, actually
20:45 nengard left #koha
21:01 mle mbalmer> hmm, the kerning on that logo is wrong.
21:01 mle 20:40 < mbalmer> the kerning is really bad, actually
21:01 mle ok. lets sort it
21:02 mle can you describe how it could be better?
21:02 mle i dont want bad kerning
21:03 * mle googles for the xkcd
21:03 * wizzyrea will find it for you
21:04 wizzyrea
21:04 mle i got it
21:04 mle : )
21:05 mbalmer mle, well look at the text
21:05 * mle <3 xkcd
21:05 * wizzyrea too
21:05 mle whcih bit of the text
21:05 mle the 12 or the koha / con?
21:06 mbalmer the distance between the first o and h is to large imo
21:06 * mle has been looking at the text for a while now
21:06 mle ok
21:06 mle i was workign with what i was given
21:06 wizzyrea well koha is spaced, and it looks like con maybe isn't
21:07 mle ty wizzyrea
21:07 wizzyrea mbalmer may be more of an expert at it than me though
21:07 mle argh
21:07 mle i can't replace the 'koha' since the font isnt exact, and i cant find the font
21:07 mle and the new one now looks wrong
21:08 mle the 'k' is too curly
21:08 mle and we don't seem to know what the original font it
21:08 mle s/it/is
21:08 mle meh
21:08 wizzyrea oh gee, i used to know
21:08 * mle tries kerning
21:08 wizzyrea sec
21:09 * mle also wishes that mediawiki woudl accept svg so that others could sort the kerning. : )
21:09 cait :)
21:09 mbalmer mle, you know what?  in the end this logo is just nice.  there is always details to make better, but the software itself is not perfect either ;)
21:09 mle dammit kerning is improtant
21:09 mle ; )
21:10 * wizzyrea giggles
21:10 mbalmer sure, lerning means life ;)
21:10 mbalmer err, kerning
21:10 * mle giggles
21:10 mbalmer one pixel less to the left ;)
21:11 mle : P
21:12 mbalmer and when we meet in edinburgh, I will tell you that the kerning was bad ;P
21:12 rangi i vote we toss a caber at ppl who say that
21:13 * wizzyrea gets the popcorn
21:13 * rangi just wants to see caber tossing
21:13 mbalmer rangi, I want to see the loha dev that really tosses the caber 180 degrees...
21:14 * wizzyrea looks on youtube for this
21:14 wizzyrea oooh, definitely popcorn-worthy
21:15 mbalmer tossing the caber is fun.
21:15 eythian hi wahanui
21:15 wahanui niihau, eythian
21:15 wizzyrea[…]een&v=lrLNqw0UWQA
21:15 cait hey eythian
21:18 mbalmer koha highland games..
21:18 wizzyrea sounds terrifying.
21:18 mbalmer do we have to wear kilts during kohacon2012?
21:18 cait more amazing
21:19 wizzyrea that would be so awesome.
21:19 * mle wonders if there is any re-enacting going on
21:19 mle[…]e:Koha-logo12.png
21:19 mle re-kerned and mroe errors
21:19 mle wiki errors
21:19 mle but re-kerned
21:19 mib_e754xo joined #koha
21:20 mle pls check for kerning
21:20 mbalmer mle, I could re-enact as librarian ;)
21:20 * wizzyrea thinks it's better
21:20 * wizzyrea is not an expert
21:20 Space_Librarian while you lovely people are making me envious. I really want to go to kohacon... riddle me this. Can one turn the cart option off in the OPAC (silly, I know, but can it be done?)
21:20 mle mbalmer is the kerning better?
21:20 wizzyrea I thought so
21:20 mib_e754xo yes
21:20 * wizzyrea looks in the prefs.
21:20 mib_e754xo go to admin page for opac
21:20 jcamins_away Space_Librarian: you can, yes.
21:21 mib_e754xo turn of bookbag
21:21 mbalmer I get ons of errors on that page
21:21 mle me too
21:21 mib_e754xo Can you turn off lists?
21:21 * wizzyrea didn't get any
21:21 mle[…]s/Koha-logo12.png try that then
21:21 mbalmer we should do a tossing the caber session at kohacon12
21:21 Space_Librarian turn off bookbag?
21:21 wizzyrea yep
21:21 * Space_Librarian looks for bookbag
21:22 wizzyrea opacbookbag
21:22 cait lists is virtualshelves i think
21:26 magnus_away joined #koha
21:27 mib_e754xo that didn't do it.
21:27 mib_e754xo Is koha deployable on CentOs 5?
21:27 wizzyrea doable? yes. Advisable? probably not.
21:27 jcamins_away mib_e754xo: not easily.
21:28 Space_Librarian got it. Right, the reason for this people keep emailing us .iso lists from the cart, and it comes up as anonymous - we don't know who they are, and can't follow up with them - is there a way around this?
21:28 jcamins_away mib_e754xo: if you spend enough time, you can make it work, but it'll be very unpleasant.
21:28 mib_e754xo what's the best system, debian?
21:28 jcamins_away mib_e754xo: Debian, Ubuntu, something apt-based.
21:28 mib_e754xo Has anyone ever deployed koha on a GoDaddy server?
21:29 wizzyrea I think that would not go well.
21:29 jcamins_away mib_e754xo: I don't think it can be done, sorry.
21:29 jcamins_away You need a VPS.
21:29 eythian wizzyrea: nice understatement there :)
21:29 jcamins_away mib_e754xo: you should change your nick. I can't pronounce it in my mind. ;)
21:29 wizzyrea I do my best.
21:29 eythian jcamins: eetesazho
21:29 eythian if you parse it as leet speak
21:30 Space_Librarian l337 5p34k
21:30 jcamins eythian: I rest my case.
21:31 mib_e754xo How can I doll up the url for the intranet
21:31 mib_e754xo ?
21:31 mib_e754xo right now it is or something
21:31 mib_e754xo I am building a library system for my college, and have it deployed on Ubuntu 10.10
21:32 jcamins mib_e754xo: you use DNS and virtual hosts.
21:32 mib_e754xo virtual hosts?
21:32 jcamins In Apache.
21:32 jcamins virtual hosts are[…]sts/examples.html
21:34 jcamins I guess a heading flipper script a la bug 7418 should probably come before handling see-from references in searches.
21:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7418 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, NEW , Add heading flipper script
21:35 mib_e754xo how do I configure the DNS, at the router?
21:35 jcamins mib_e754xo: you don't do it at the router.
21:36 jcamins mib_e754xo: you have campus IT set up the DNS for you.
21:36 mib_e754xo I can do it server side? or do I have to individual fix the hosts file client-side?
21:36 mib_e754xo I see.
21:36 mib_e754xo we don't serve our own DNS.
21:36 mib_e754xo I think we use Google's
21:36 jcamins mib_e754xo: you either have IT set it up on the DNS server (better), or you edit /etc/hosts on every single client.
21:37 jcamins Oh, your college doesn't have a website?
21:37 mib_e754xo It does, but we are not hosting the library online, as we host our website through a GoDaddy server
21:38 jcamins That's a little outside the scope of what we can help you with, I think.
21:38 mib_e754xo can I have a link that forwards to it and disguises the url?
21:39 jcamins mib_e754xo: I don't know, sorry.
21:39 * jcamins runs his own servers.
21:39 mib_e754xo allrighty then. Thanks for the help!
21:45 mle mbalmer:[…]s/Koha-logo12.png  better? (good enough?)
21:45 mbalmer mle, way betterer
21:46 mle ty.  well the first was a draft anyhow
21:46 mle ; )
21:46 mbalmer great logo.
21:46 mbalmer am looking forward to the event.
21:47 mle well your re-enactment comment got me thining
21:47 Space_Librarian mle - I love the castle. It looks awesome.
21:47 mle /s/thining/thinking even
21:47 mle the castle is actually Teviot
21:47 mle the venue itself
21:47 mle (I think)
21:48 libsysguy joined #koha
21:50 * mbalmer buys a kilt
21:51 mbalmer reminds me of a joke
21:51 mbalmer "oh, btw, what is worn underneath your kilt?"
21:51 mbalmer scotsman: "nothing is worn, it's all in perfect order!"
21:52 Space_Librarian lol
21:54 * wizzyrea nods sagely
21:55 wizzyrea that's what they all say.
21:55 wizzyrea hm, that came out wrong-ish.
22:07 edveal left #koha
22:08 maximep left #koha
22:33 mtj the spacing looks ok on the kohacon-12 logo, to me
22:37 rangi im replying jcamins
22:37 jcamins rangi: I replied already.
22:38 rangi oh ill reply too
22:38 jcamins My response was even diplomatic, I think.
22:38 rangi explaining patches should be written for master not specific branches
22:39 jcamins Makes sense.
22:39 rangi yours was more diplomatic than mine ;)
22:40 jcamins Though, I don't think I'd provide much support for 3.2.x either.
22:40 rangi :)
22:53 Judit joined #koha
22:53 Judit morning
22:54 Space_Librarian morning
22:55 Judit1 joined #koha
22:57 mtj morning Judit
22:57 Judit1 hi knitta, mtj
22:58 mtj wow, beer and programming ->[…]es/brewtarget.png
22:58 NateC joined #koha
22:58 rangi hi Judit1
22:58 rangi sup NateC
22:59 eythian hello Judit1
22:59 eythian mtj: you program _without_ beer sometimes? How does that work?
23:01 cait left #koha
23:02 mtj well, first i make a nice espresso...  :)
23:07 eythian it'll never catch on
23:29 BobB joined #koha
23:29 mle /away zzZZzz
23:29 mle even

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary