IRC log for #koha, 2011-12-05

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:06 bag is now known as bg
00:08 cait left #koha
00:10 bg is now known as bag
00:17 lizzy left #koha
00:18 Brooke left #koha
00:18 lizzy joined #koha
00:35 rangi
00:35 rangi orcas in the harbour
00:37 bag cool
00:39 BobB Amazing.  Very cool.
00:51 bag heya bag
00:51 bag whoops
00:51 bag hey BobB
00:51 lizzy nice! (and hi)
00:51 rangi hi lizzy
00:51 lizzy is now known as wizzyrea
00:51 rangi you need to fix that :-)
00:51 wizzyrea I so do!
00:52 * wizzyrea stops being lazy and fixes it
00:52 BobB Hi bag, rangi, wizzyrea
00:52 rangi heya BobB
00:52 BobB Where's the Koha Christmas party going to be?  Here on the channel?
00:53 rangi heh, most likely
00:53 wizzyrea left #koha
00:53 BobB Meeting Wed should fix a time!
00:54 wizzyrea joined #koha
00:54 rangi yay!
00:55 rangi hmm someone should send out a reminder for that meeting and by someone i mean not me
01:00 wizzyrea di someone say party?1
01:02 rangi[…]ember_2011#Agenda
01:02 rangi there
01:02 rangi its on the agenda
01:08 wizzyrea hehe
01:08 * wizzyrea will bring the egg nog.
01:19 Soupermanito left #koha
01:27 eythian our koha christmas party is at the zoo on wednesday
01:31 jcamins Why didn't I receive an invitation?
01:33 jcamins Oh, budget cuts at the USPS, I suppose.
01:42 eythian yeah, must be. I'm sure we sent one...
01:42 jcamins :)
01:51 Brooke joined #koha
01:59 jenkins_koha Starting build 10 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE)
02:00 * jcamins pre-emptively complains to rangi.
02:01 rangi heh
02:01 rangi not gonna work
02:01 rangi ill just make it pester you on irc too
02:01 Brooke you can preemptively complain to me
02:02 Brooke I've had almost a whole bottle of Frambois. I prolly won't even notice the complaints.
02:02 * jcamins preemptively complains to Brooke that rangi is being mean to him.
02:02 * Brooke confides to jcamins that oh wait, can't speak ill of my Native Brother.
02:03 chris_n rangi: check this out:[…]=refs/heads/3.6.x
02:03 rangi your automatic release notes?
02:03 rangi pretty sweet
02:04 rangi except i notice on the second one its missing a bunch
02:04 rangi ie the first generated one looks better?
02:04 Brooke oooh there are version colours!
02:05 * Brooke is amused.
02:05 chris_n rangi: actually the first is incorrect
02:05 jcamins Koha 3.6.2 Frambois fudge.
02:05 chris_n I typo'd the start tag as 3.6.0 rather than 3.6.1
02:05 rangi ahhh
02:05 chris_n so it included all bugs since 3.6.0
02:05 * chris_n just pushed up the template
02:05 chris_n for 3.6.x notes
02:06 rangi the 2nd one doesnt have the 6629 and 6628 listed tho?
02:06 Brooke jcamins you filthy tease.
02:06 chris_n they made 3.6.1
02:06 rangi ahh yeah
02:06 rangi i was thinking 3.4.7
02:06 rangi duh
02:06 chris_n its about ready for jenkins
02:06 * chris_n needs to add usage notes
02:06 rangi sweet
02:07 jcamins Brooke: I love frambois fudge.
02:07 jcamins I should make some.
02:07 Brooke yes.
02:07 Brooke And then have some chick from VA sign off for QA.
02:07 Brooke Very important that it's tested. Purely selfless.
02:07 jcamins Of course.
02:10 * chris_n adds .mailmap to help standardize authors' name/email addy
02:13 rangi good plan
02:13 Brooke chris_n++
02:14 Brooke surely we must mod him up so that we don't needs share him with society.
02:20 * jcamins supposes he has a couple of patches for the .mailmap.
02:20 jcamins Well, one patch with several lines.
02:21 * chris_n built this from what he saw in the log
02:21 chris_n so probably missed a bunch of folks stuff
02:22 jcamins chris_n: I haven't had any recent patches from my other addresses.
02:22 jcamins However, there are unpushed patches from all three other e-mails that I've used.
02:23 chris_n jcamins: feel free to send along a patch, and I'll promptly apply it
02:24 jcamins chris_n: will do. Not just now, but when I get a chance.
02:25 chris_n great
02:25 chris_n if everyone does that, things should be in order shortly
02:26 Brooke time to leave you gents alone. Framboise's busted.
02:26 Brooke left #koha
02:40 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #10: STILL UNSTABLE in 41 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/10/
02:40 jenkins_koha chris.nighswonger: Release Notes for 05 Dec 2011 01:51:54 Z
02:40 jenkins_koha Starting build 11 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE)
02:40 chris_n "STILL UNSTABLE".... *sigh*
02:41 rangi down to only 6 now
02:41 rangi and im pretty sure sekjal knows how to fix those
02:41 rangi @later tell sekjal fix the tests ill give you a cookie
02:41 huginn` rangi: The operation succeeded.
02:41 rangi there, sorted
02:42 chris_n hehe
02:42 chris_n ok, sleepy time
02:42 rangi cya chris_n
02:45 jenkins_koha Starting build 64 for job Koha_3.4.x (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #50 1 mo. 27 j ago)
02:53 Culinforge left #koha
03:19 druthb joined #koha
03:20 druthb left #koha
03:23 AmitG joined #koha
03:23 AmitG heya chris gm
03:41 kmkale joined #koha
03:59 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #11: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 h 18 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/11/
03:59 jenkins_koha * chris.nighswonger: Adding template for autogeneration of 3.6.x release notes
03:59 jenkins_koha * chris.nighswonger: Adding a git mailmap file to allow standardizing of commit author's names/email
04:03 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.4.x build #64: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 h 18 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.4.x/64/
04:03 jenkins_koha * chris.nighswonger: Adding template for autogeneration of 3.4.x release notes
04:03 jenkins_koha * chris.nighswonger: Adding a git mailmap file to allow standardizing of commit author's names/email
04:05 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
04:07 Oak joined #koha
04:07 Oak kia ora #koha
04:07 Oak :)
04:08 Oak Tēnā rā koe, e te hoa rangi
04:27 kmkale left #koha
04:34 kathryn left #koha
05:01 wizzyrea left #koha
05:03 bag evening
05:03 bag yo AmitG
05:03 bag how's it going
05:04 * bag wonders if mtj?  is around
05:04 bag mtj?
05:04 wahanui DeM KraZy NutZ!!
05:04 bag heh
05:20 cait joined #koha
05:20 Oak Guten Morgen miss cait :)
05:21 Oak @seen druthb
05:21 huginn` Oak: druthb was last seen in #koha 2 days, 16 hours, 33 minutes, and 1 second ago: <druthb> o/
05:21 cait hi mr Oak
05:21 Oak :)
05:21 cait hope she will show up today!
05:21 Oak yes...
05:23 bag heya cait and Oak
05:23 Oak hello bag :)
05:23 cait hi bag :)
05:23 bag yo
05:23 eythian hi all
05:27 Oak hello Brave Sir Robin :)
05:28 cait hi robin :)
05:33 bag heya eythian
05:33 wahanui somebody said eythian was in NZ. ;) or a good influence
05:33 bag I'll go with NZ ;)
05:34 mtj bag:  im about - but soon to head off
05:34 bag no worries - was just saying HI
05:34 * mtj waves to the herd
05:35 mtj bg?
05:35 bag :D
05:35 mtj zangGG!!
05:35 cait hi mtj :)
05:37 mtj heya cait
05:37 eythian wahanui: coincidence is <reply>...or enemy action?
05:37 wahanui i haven't a clue, eythian
05:37 eythian wahanui: coincidence is <reply>...or enemy action...
05:37 wahanui OK, eythian.
05:39 mtj hey robin, might see you at HZ tomorrow?
05:40 eythian mtj: probably late if at all, I have seishinkan training tomorrow evening.
05:41 mtj fyi: there's a beer tasting 6->9pm
05:48 cait hm I don' tget the jokes about sweets
05:48 cait worrying
05:49 Oak probably a bug
05:49 Oak :)
05:50 Oak hm I'm not funny
05:50 Oak worrying
05:50 eythian mtj: yeah, I have training 6-8, so don't usually make tastings. Also, it's not so much a tasting as "here's a lot of older stock for really cheap!"
05:51 mtj aaah, i forgot that was the 'theme' :p
05:52 mtj ok, gotta scoot peeps....
05:56 eythian you gotta poop sceets?
06:37 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6740] can add items at ordering but not remove items <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6740>
07:31 alex_a joined #koha
07:32 alex_a morning koha !
07:36 cait hi alex_a :)
07:40 alex_a bonjour cait :)
07:40 reiveune joined #koha
07:41 reiveune hello
07:41 wahanui hola, reiveune
07:43 cait hi reiveune :)
07:43 reiveune hi cait, everybody:)
07:47 cait and before I leave... I need a sign-off for bug 6740 *hinthint*
07:47 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6740 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, NEW , can add items at ordering but not remove items
07:48 cait bbiab :)
07:48 cait left #koha
07:50 marcelr joined #koha
07:51 marcelr morning koha
07:51 rangi hi marcelr, reiveune and alex_a
07:51 marcelr hi rangi
07:51 reiveune hi rangi
07:52 marcelr i am looking for a signoff on follow up 6786
07:52 marcelr just one line of code touched
07:53 rangi ill take a look now
07:53 marcelr great
07:53 alex_a left #koha
07:53 alex_a joined #koha
07:54 rangi ahh yep, that looks fine
07:55 matts_away is now known as matts
07:56 rangi and yep it works
07:56 rangi signed off
07:56 marcelr rangi: thanks
08:00 julian_m joined #koha
08:12 asaurat joined #koha
08:12 asaurat hi!
08:13 marcelr hello asaurat
08:13 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:13 gaetan_B hello
08:14 marcelr hi gaetan_B
08:18 sophie_m joined #koha
08:22 kf joined #koha
08:22 kf hi #koha
08:24 magnus_away is now known as magnus_afk
08:24 kf from away to afk?
08:24 kf god morgen magnus_afk
08:24 kf marcelr++ rangi++
08:25 magnus_afk is now known as magnuse
08:25 magnuse g'day kf marcelr rangi & #koha
08:26 rangi heya magnuse
08:26 wahanui magnuse is afraid that we added another 10000 bugs while he was eating pizza.
08:26 magnuse hehe
08:28 asaurat lol
08:29 marcelr hi kf
08:29 asaurat hi kf!
08:29 marcelr hi magnuse
08:29 kf hi asaurat :)
08:31 kf @wunder Konstanz
08:31 huginn` kf: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 5.3�C (9:24 AM CET on December 05, 2011). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 91%. Dew Point: 4.0�C. Windchill: 3.0�C. Pressure: 29.76 in 1007.7 hPa (Rising).
08:31 magnuse @wunder boo
08:31 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 0.0�C (9:20 AM CET on December 05, 2011). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 69%. Dew Point: -5.0�C. Windchill: -5.0�C. Pressure: 28.47 in 964 hPa (Steady).
08:31 magnuse oh? feels colder!
08:31 kf asaurat: schöneres wetter in marseille?
08:33 magnuse @wunder marseille
08:33 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 14.0�C (9:00 AM CET on December 05, 2011). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 77%. Dew Point: 10.0�C. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011 hPa (Steady).
08:34 rangi @wunder wellington nz
08:34 asaurat ja, die Sonne ist da und wir haben noch 10 grad!
08:34 huginn` rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 15.0�C (9:00 PM NZDT on December 05, 2011). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 12.0�C. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011 hPa (Rising).
08:34 kf asaurat: ooh!
08:34 asaurat 14 hmm =)
08:35 asaurat Diese Winter soll bequem sein :p
08:35 kf bisher ist es nicht so kalt hier - aber viel Nebel
08:36 kf a lot of fog
08:38 asaurat will the lake get frozen ? :)
08:39 kf unlikely
08:39 kf or not all of the lake, that's very rare
08:39 kf but some parts do and my coworkers go ice skating in the lunch breaks sometimes
08:39 Oak magnuse
08:40 magnuse Oak
08:40 kf wb Oak
08:40 Oak :)
08:56 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7154] Group borrower attributes and link between patron category and attribute <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7154>
08:56 stuartyeates joined #koha
09:01 francharb joined #koha
09:01 francharb morning #koha
09:02 magnuse bonjour francharb
09:14 kf morning francharb
09:22 magnuse is now known as magnus_afk
09:41 stuartyeates left #koha
09:52 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7013] required format is not enforced for authorized values <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7013>
10:03 matts is now known as matts_away
10:10 chris_n` joined #koha
10:10 chris_n is now known as Guest19371
10:10 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
10:11 Guest19371 left #koha
10:49 tcohen joined #koha
10:49 reiveune left #koha
10:53 reiveune joined #koha
11:22 Guillaume1 joined #koha
11:38 tcohen left #koha
11:43 BobB left #koha
11:56 gaetan_B left #koha
12:12 AmitG left #koha
12:28 julian_m left #koha
12:28 julian_m joined #koha
12:31 jwagner joined #koha
12:34 Oak left #koha
12:37 matts_away is now known as matts
12:38 tcohen joined #koha
12:41 nengard joined #koha
12:47 marcelr kf: about 7167: if we force it, why not force the linear order too like we do now?
12:48 kf marcelr: I think we should do that...
12:48 marcelr but why the change then?
12:48 kf marcelr: I am not totally persuaded by the 'dilenarize' part of the idea
12:48 kf I am worrying about not being able to find out what's going wrong for someone
12:48 marcelr i can understand that
12:48 kf making it easier for devs is one thing, but mostly we have users with not so much knowledge about the database structures
12:49 kf and they should apply everyting
12:49 kf and in a certain order
12:50 kf because things build on each other
12:50 kf so the interface sould suggest that at least and make it easy
12:50 marcelr only prevent the merge stuff in updatedb?
12:50 kf sorry?
12:50 marcelr prevent that you resolve conflicts in script
12:50 kf sorry, I don't understand
12:50 marcelr in (the old way)
12:51 kf I think the idea was to make it easier to have local changes and manage that
12:52 marcelr well, maybe the list should say some more about it first
12:55 jcamins_away marcelr: the reason I support the delinearization is that it makes it possible for us non-geniuses to test interactions between updates.
12:55 kf I like the idea of seeing the updates donein a central place
12:56 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
12:56 marcelr jcamins: example?
12:56 jcamins From a user function point of view, I don't see this as being any different from what we have now.
12:57 jcamins marcelr: hourly loans + anything else.
12:58 marcelr isn;t that just dev stuff? git + run a a sql file or so?
12:58 NateC joined #koha
12:59 jcamins marcelr: yes, as I said, I see minimal changes for the user.
12:59 marcelr do we need it then in the staff client?
13:00 jcamins I think the idea with showing what's been applied is just to make it easier for troubleshooting.
13:01 jcamins So that a person trying to troubleshoot an odd problem doesn't have to open up updatedatabase and figure out what database changes have been applied.
13:01 marcelr yes i can see that
13:01 marcelr but it could create new strange problems
13:02 jcamins Everything can create new problems.
13:02 marcelr wasn't there an idea also about reverting db revs?
13:02 jcamins That was sekjal's idea. It is *not* part of this.
13:02 marcelr ok
13:02 gaetan_B joined #koha
13:03 jcamins I agree with you about reverting adding new levels of complexity.
13:03 marcelr some dbrevs could easily add a revert portion of code
13:03 jcamins As far as I'm concerned, the delinearization is a developer-only feature, and if someone doesn't want to apply an update, it's their problem to avoid it.
13:04 jcamins Yeah, but some couldn't. And it would certainly raise the bar to entry.
13:04 marcelr well, i wait for comments on my testing
13:05 marcelr thanks
13:05 kf sorry, coworker in office :) now reading back
13:08 kf jcamins: so you agree it should force teh normal user to do all?
13:08 kf updates?
13:08 jcamins kf: if I were dictator of the world, that's what I'd do.
13:08 kf marcelr: about granular permission for lists - will try to comment tonight
13:09 jcamins Require everyone to run everything.
13:09 kf jcamins: you have my vote ;)
13:09 kf marcelr: I wanted to add a feature - I think you have seen the bug. but the list code is very confusing and I think we can make it better now with the new templating system.
13:10 kf marcelr: I think an overhaul of that code is a good idea and talking about how it shoudl work first is also good :)
13:12 marcelr kf: will look forward to your feedback
13:15 oleonard joined #koha
13:16 jcamins oleonard: marcelr seeks your input on his lists proposal.
13:16 jcamins And good morning.
13:16 oleonard Hi
13:16 marcelr hello oleonard
13:18 kf hi oleonard
13:18 kf :)
13:18 kf could you look at a patch perhaps?
13:18 * oleonard hasn't read the thread carefully yet but will do so and respond
13:18 kf I was struggling with javascript last night
13:18 oleonard kf: Sure
13:19 kf ah, I forgot to send it to the list
13:19 jcamins oleonard: I thought you might have comments, given your experience with "A list of books appropriate for young adults with overdeveloped interests in escapism developed by too much time spent reading the Lord of the Rings books as children."
13:20 kf bug 6749
13:20 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6749 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, RESOLVED INVALID, Use insert_fields_ordered instead of insert_grouped_fields in C4::Biblio::ModBiblioMarc
13:20 kf bug 6740
13:20 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6740 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, NEW , can add items at ordering but not remove items
13:20 kf I never get the bug numbers right on first try
13:21 jcamins I've noticed this about you. :P
13:21 kf oleonard: I am quite sure I am right about the problem - but not sure my solution is a good one
13:21 kf jcamins: not good with numbers
13:23 jcamins :)
13:24 kf oleonard: so horribleß
13:24 kf ?
13:26 oleonard kf: I noticed that bug report and knew some difficult js work must be involved
13:29 kf it was a bit hard to find out - but learned about some features in firebug that way :)
13:29 kf how to step through javascript step by step, that was really useful
13:30 kf the problem is quite simple in the end: selecting the first and second link element does not work any longer now that you can have plugins, so we need a better selection of the right elements
13:38 JesseM joined #koha
14:02 trea joined #koha
14:02 NateC left #koha
14:02 ago43 joined #koha
14:08 marcelr left #koha
14:10 NateC joined #koha
14:20 oleonard jcamins: I like how you had that list name right on the tip of your tongue
14:33 sekjal joined #koha
14:46 francharb` joined #koha
14:54 maximep joined #koha
14:54 francharb left #koha
14:57 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7319] Improve specificity of title and breadcrumbs on acquisitions Z39.50 search pages <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7319>
14:57 * oleonard is happy to have gotten a quick signoff for Bug 1623
14:57 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1623 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Retain history of approved comments
15:02 * oleonard polishes the "needs signoff" badge on Bug 6933
15:02 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6933 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Add a view of titles with a particular tag to the staff client
15:14 jcamins oleonard: I may have gotten a few words in that list name wrong, but that was the gist, no?
15:15 oleonard Yup :)
15:21 wizzyrea joined #koha
15:21 nengard is now known as nengard_PT
15:32 druthb joined #koha
15:38 francharb` left #koha
15:38 francharb joined #koha
15:46 Brooke joined #koha
15:46 Brooke o/
15:46 magnus_afk \o
15:46 wizzyrea hi
15:46 wahanui hola, wizzyrea
15:46 magnus_afk is now known as magnuse
15:46 jcamins magnuse: I had something to tell you. I don't remember what.
15:47 jcamins Did you have a question that I promised to answer?
15:47 magnuse jcamins: that's ok, i don't remember it either
15:47 magnuse :-)
15:47 jcamins :)
15:47 magnuse not that i recall
15:47 jcamins Good.
15:58 kf oleonard: thx a lot!
15:58 kf oleonard++
16:05 francharb left #koha
16:06 francharb joined #koha
16:06 francharb left #koha
16:06 francharb joined #koha
16:09 * Brooke hugs francharb
16:09 francharb hi Brooke !
16:10 Brooke ca va?
16:10 francharb fine! you?
16:10 francharb i just a 15min break
16:10 Brooke good enough for gummint woik
16:10 francharb hehe
16:11 francharb i'm coming back!
16:17 alex_a left #koha
16:17 sophie_m left #koha
16:19 asaurat left #koha
16:23 rhcl joined #koha
16:23 libsysguy joined #koha
16:24 libsysguy seen druthb
16:24 wahanui druthb was last seen on #koha 3 days, 3 hours, 35 minutes and 42 seconds ago, saying: o/ [Fri Dec  2 12:46:13 2011]
16:24 libsysguy druthb I have a question for you
16:24 jcamins Flee! Run for your lives! libsysguy has a question for druthb!
16:24 kf uhoh
16:24 magnuse oh noes
16:25 libsysguy everyone scatter libsysguy is doing an import of ALL THE OLD MARC RECORDS
16:25 * jcamins takes cover under a desk.
16:25 kf why would he do that?
16:25 libsysguy oops druthb nevermind...i see the file
16:26 libsysguy well a lot of our records came in with broken diacritics and truncated subjects
16:26 libsysguy so I'm checking on a test server to see if it happens again
16:26 jcamins libsysguy: you saw kf's fix for stage_biblios or whatever it's called?
16:27 libsysguy i didn't
16:27 libsysguy but if its been pushed i have it
16:27 libsysguy i just did an update
16:27 * druthb is hiding under a table, Just In Case
16:28 jcamins libsysguy: not sure it's been pushed. If it hasn't, cherry-pick it.
16:28 libsysguy \0/ druthb
16:28 kf libsysguy: you have to select utf-8 or whatever when staging, don't go with default
16:28 libsysguy ahh
16:28 libsysguy hmm well I think i have to do this import with the shell script
16:28 kf when you use the gui, but same for the command line stage script
16:28 libsysguy its about a gig
16:29 kf tell it explicitly
16:29 libsysguy gotcha
16:29 libsysguy so there was my downfall
16:29 kf and I am talking about the stage command line script
16:29 kf not about bulkmarcimport
16:29 libsysguy oh...interesting
16:29 jcamins Right. Don't use bulkmarcimport.
16:29 libsysguy oh really
16:29 jcamins We used bulkmarcimport at the ANS. Big mistake.
16:29 libsysguy crap...i think thats what I used
16:29 jcamins Huge mistake.
16:29 libsysguy *facepalm*
16:30 * jcamins thought he was the only one who didn't know about that.
16:30 jcamins I guess we should put that in the documentation?
16:30 libsysguy yeah I would concur with that
16:30 libsysguy so this will lead me to my next question
16:30 jcamins "If you have diacritics, don't use bulkmarcimport."
16:30 kf what's the problem with the bulk script?
16:30 libsysguy how can i fix it
16:30 kf interesting
16:30 wahanui interesting is good
16:30 kf I used it in the past and they did work
16:30 kf hmp.
16:30 kf recent bug?
16:31 * libsysguy sobs quietly in corner
16:31 jcamins libsysguy: matching rules with stage_biblio_file.
16:31 libsysguy ahh yes
16:32 libsysguy wait...I thought that didn't work...or it just doesn't work on item mods
16:32 kf items can't be modified
16:32 kf never with no tool
16:32 jcamins kf: not that recent. This was a problem back in 3.2. It's maybe only an issue for libraries with records converted from MARC-8 to Unicode?
16:32 kf jcamins: perhaps?
16:32 jcamins libsysguy: matching rules work for overlaying *bibs*.
16:32 libsysguy ahh
16:32 kf what he says :)
16:32 libsysguy oh oh now I have a druthb question
16:32 jcamins kf: that would be my guess. The problem was records from LC.
16:33 kf jcamins: could be then, we get them directly and do some additonal normalization
16:33 kf directly in utf and highly unlikely they were marc-8 before :)
16:33 libsysguy if i have a biblios file from an ILS that shall remain unnamed...can I just use the stage script on the bib mrc file instead of merging the items
16:33 jcamins kf++ # normalization and no conversions = good ideas
16:33 reiveune bye
16:34 reiveune left #koha
16:36 kf libsysguy: matching on?
16:36 kf and not suer what you want to do
16:37 libsysguy yeah I just thought about that
16:37 libsysguy sad day...this merge is taking forever
16:37 francharb left #koha
16:40 druthb libsysguy:  if you're not wanting to add or modify items, then yeah.
16:41 francharb joined #koha
16:42 kf ok, leaving :)
16:42 kf cya all later :)
16:43 kf left #koha
16:43 * Brooke curses these fat fingers.
16:48 libsysguy druthb how can it do the matching then?
16:48 libsysguy i had the same question as kf
16:49 melia joined #koha
16:49 druthb you need some match-point, obviously--the 020$a, or the 001, or something.
16:50 libsysguy ahh ok so I can use the 001 :)
16:50 libsysguy yayy
16:50 libsysguy no mashing for libsysguy today
16:50 jcamins libsysguy: if the old system had some sort of ID number, that's the best option.
16:51 libsysguy well the oclc number should be unique
16:51 * libsysguy would think it would be anyway
16:51 jcamins libsysguy: bwahahahaha!
16:51 jcamins Yeah, that should be fine.
16:52 libsysguy well I had some kind of terrible misconceptions about ISBN's
16:52 jcamins You thought they were unique?
16:52 * libsysguy shamefully says yes
16:53 jcamins There there. It's okay. We've all been there.
16:53 oleonard "Hey everybody, let's create a long, arcane identifying number to attach to things, but then make it non-unique!"
16:53 oleonard Who was not there to smack that guy?
16:53 jcamins Those of us who handled Central Asian books just learned a bit faster than others.
16:53 oleonard call the time cops.
16:53 * libsysguy goes back to the corner to sob softly with his ignorance of library crazieness
16:53 Brooke time cops hell, send word to snail ;)
16:54 jcamins Who's snail?
16:55 Guillaume1 left #koha
16:57 libsysguy so kf or jcamins
16:57 julian_m left #koha
16:57 libsysguy you said I had to specify the encoding in the stage file
16:57 libsysguy right?
16:58 jcamins libsysguy: yeah, you'll want to check in the script what command line argument is needed.
16:58 libsysguy yeah i just said if it was blank encoding = utf8
16:58 rhcl If I remember, snail is a developer in NZ who works on something dealing with code and commit statistics and publicity or something link that. Obviously I don't know what I'm talking about.
16:59 rhcl s/like/link
16:59 jcamins libsysguy: set it to utf8 explicitly.
17:00 jcamins "Not specified = UTF-8" is a gross oversimplification.
17:00 libsysguy if($encoding = ""){$encoding = "utf8"'}
17:01 jcamins Oh, kf must have added that.
17:01 jcamins Nice!
17:01 libsysguy kf++
17:01 jcamins kf++
17:01 jcamins cait++
17:01 libsysguy is now known as libsysguy_afk
17:03 matts is now known as matts_away
17:03 gaetan_B left #koha
17:11 Brooke cheers
17:11 Brooke left #koha
17:15 bag is now known as bg
17:16 bg is now known as bag
17:18 libsysguy_afk hehe bag
17:18 libsysguy_afk is now known as libsysguy
17:23 rhcl In military terms, a BAG is a Brigade Artillery Group. Also RAG = Regimental Artillery Group, CAG = Corps Artillery Group, DAG = Divisional Artillery Group
17:23 bag bag = brendan arthur gallagher ;)
17:23 wizzyrea Arthur!
17:25 cait joined #koha
17:28 jcamins wizzyrea: as in King.
17:28 jcamins ;)
17:29 cait king?
17:29 cait what did I miss?
17:29 cait koha a monarchy now?
17:29 wizzyrea i always thought it was "alexander" or "arcturis"
17:30 jcamins cait: Brendan's middle name.
17:30 cait :)
17:32 oleonard "artillery" would be a good middle name.
17:32 * wizzyrea knows of a "Digby Danger"
17:32 wizzyrea yes, that's the kid's first and middle names.
17:32 wizzyrea Danger really is his middle name.
17:35 jcamins wizzyrea: is this a celebrity child?
17:35 wizzyrea not yet
19:29 logbot joined #koha
19:29 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.6.1 & 3.4.6 & 3.2.11 are now available ; Next General IRC Meeting 7 December 2011 at 18:00 UTC+0  | |
19:30 tcohen left #koha
19:32 trea-lunch left #koha
19:38 * wizzyrea sings "all I want for christmas is the chick-en pox..."
19:38 wizzyrea wait, no I don't.
19:39 cait lol
19:40 rangi hehe
19:41 * oleonard has heard of moms hoping to get their kids chicken pox over with
19:41 * cait got vaccine too
19:42 jcamins oleonard: if you get chicken pox in your teens, it's much worse.
19:42 jcamins That happened to my best friend's younger sister.
19:43 jcamins Well, I guess she was 11- not quite a teen. Tens, anyway.
19:44 * chris_n went to a pox party long ago
19:44 chris_n and still got the shingles :-P
19:49 * jcamins catalogs sealing wax.
19:49 * jcamins now realizes that Puff the Magic Dragon is not about "ceiling wax."
19:49 cait sealing wax...
19:49 jcamins Siegellack.
19:49 cait in marc??
19:50 jcamins Not in MARC.
19:50 jcamins Maybe I should, though.
20:02 anthonyl left #koha
20:02 Phlunk3 joined #koha
20:04 jcamins cait: what does "Entwurf" mean?
20:05 chrisdothall outline, sketch, design or blue print maybe?
20:06 cait draft
20:07 cait normally I would say draft - notes about something but not the finished document, a first version or somehting
20:07 jcamins Ah, so "nach dem Entwurf von Someone" = "based on the design of Someone"?
20:07 NCARMichael joined #koha
20:07 cait hm
20:08 cait based on the draft of someone or on the idea of someone
20:08 cait are we still talking about wax?
20:08 cait and hi chrisdothall :)
20:10 jcamins Thanks.
20:10 jcamins Yes we are.
20:10 cait oook.
20:10 cait you catalog weird things.
20:11 NCARMichael Hi all. Is there no way to send a single overdue notice, manually?
20:12 cait hmm.
20:12 cait so it was not sent out and you want to repeat it manually?
20:12 cait or what are you trying to do and why?
20:13 kathryn joined #koha
20:13 cait hi kathryn
20:13 kathryn Morning Cait :  )
20:13 kathryn Well morning for me
20:13 NCARMichael basically, yes.
20:13 cait heh
20:14 chrisdothall cait: terry pratchett reference?
20:14 druthb_lunchin is now known as druthb
20:14 cait chrisdothall: didn't mean to?
20:15 chrisdothall cait: you 'oook'd
20:15 ibeardslee heh
20:15 cait oh
20:15 cait chrisdothall: I only read them in German... so by accident :)
20:15 cait ugh?
20:15 melia is now known as melia_lunch
20:15 cait (that was what the librarian does, right?)
20:17 kathryn cait: so it turns out (rangi just let me know your full name) that I was going to email you today : )
20:17 chrisdothall cait: yeah, so it was very fitting in this channel :)
20:17 cait ah :) what about?
20:18 kathryn cait: we have a potential client looking for translation and a digital library solution
20:19 kathryn cait: and just wanted you to ask you a couple of things - and I will do! : )
20:19 cait ok
20:19 cait :)
20:20 cait not seeing the connection yet
20:20 cait but feel free to ask :)
20:22 cait kathryn: now you made me really curious
20:24 NCARMichael left #koha
20:26 kathryn cait: hello! sorry just went away for a sec, will write you a message shortly!
20:26 cait ok :)
20:28 mtj[…]ence-on-eye-gouge
20:29 mtj interesting stuff
20:40 rangi oooh burn
20:51 jwagner left #koha
20:57 tcohen joined #koha
21:01 collum left #koha
21:01 melia_lunch is now known as melia
21:06 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7321] Silence warns in <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7321>
21:12 talljoy joined #koha
21:12 oleonard left #koha
21:18 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
21:27 cait bye all :)
21:28 cait left #koha
21:30 Soupermanito joined #koha
21:43 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
21:56 Culinforge is now known as Culiforge_away
22:04 druthb left #koha
22:20 francharb left #koha
22:26 sekjal left #koha
22:31 ago43 is now known as ago43_away
22:33 rhcl Well, I guess Galen/Equinox is finishing up moving?
22:34 chris_n moving where?
22:34 rhcl new house -[…]sitem.php?id=2181
22:34 nengard left #koha
22:35 chris_n nice
22:35 JesseM left #koha
22:36 * phasefx likes that there is a Chinese restaurant within walking distance :)
22:38 chris_n chinese++
22:39 chris_n now I'm hungry...
22:41 eythian hmm, Korean for lunch could be a goer.
22:42 eythian It's a good sort of day for mildy spicy food.
22:42 rhcl Must be nice to have a Korean restaurant in the area.
22:42 rhcl left #koha
22:42 rhcl joined #koha
22:43 rangi rhcl: we have 5 within 10 mins walk
22:45 NateC left #koha
22:47 maximep left #koha
22:52 trea is now known as trea-away
23:05 * chris_n has to settle for fried chicken
23:05 chrisdothall spicy fried chicken?
23:06 ibeardslee KFC is just too far away now
23:06 chrisdothall there location in wellington is horrible.
23:07 eythian unless you happen to live in Mt Vic.
23:07 chrisdothall spoilt...
23:07 ibeardslee but it is better for me that they are so far away from work!
23:07 chris_n KFC crispy aamof
23:07 chrisdothall heh, I live in the hutt so there are kfcs everywhere.
23:08 chrisdothall I will miss them once I move...
23:25 talljoy is now known as talljoy_away
23:29 Soupermanito left #koha
23:30 tcohen left #koha
23:49 mtj please keep the discussion of chicken off this channel, folks
23:49 mtj .. some people here are 'poultry averse'
23:52 jcamins_away mtj: I hope no one is chocolate averse!
23:52 jcamins_away Mmm. Chocolate.
23:57 Judit joined #koha
23:57 Judit good morning
23:57 Judit on the day of saint nicholas
23:58 Phlunk3 isnt that the 5th? :/
23:59 Judit he is coming on the evening/night on the 5th
23:59 Judit but his day  is the 6th

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary