IRC log for #koha, 2011-07-26

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:37 chris_n left #koha
00:45 eythian left #koha
00:45 bugg left #koha
01:07 talljoy joined #koha
01:46 chris_n joined #koha
02:19 jenkins_koha Starting build 19 for job Koha_3.4.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
02:34 bigbrovar left #koha
02:39 Brooke joined #koha
02:40 Brooke 0/
02:52 druthb joined #koha
02:52 * Brooke wolf whistles at the pretty layday
02:53 * druthb wonders who Brooke is whistling at.
02:53 Brooke oh nm, she left town :P
02:54 Brooke <--- might be way overstimulated from a rowdy night of swashbuckling.
02:54 druthb :P
02:55 Brooke Is it too late to be Errol Flynn when I grow up?
02:55 druthb Probably.
02:55 Brooke aww man.
02:56 druthb But if you figure it out, let me know...I wanna Mae West.
02:57 druthb :P
02:58 * druthb loves typing on her droid, oh yes.
02:59 Brooke meh unfair handicap
02:59 Brooke my sword hand is as useless as a t rex's forelimb atm
02:59 druthb Especially with a fresh hit of percocet.
02:59 Brooke evenly matched, then :P
02:59 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.4.x build #19: UNSTABLE in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.4.x/19/
02:59 jenkins_koha * ian.walls: Bug 6476 Followup: more Baker and Taylor bookcover fixes
02:59 jenkins_koha * januszop: Bug 6480 - Koha produces a lot of apache logs for UNIMARC
02:59 jenkins_koha * koha: Bug 6503 - Variable $sth is declared 3 times (with keyword "my") in "makepayment" sub of ""
02:59 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6476 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, ian.walls, ASSIGNED , Baker & Taylor Content Not Working after Upgrade
02:59 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6578, serial items have misaligned columns in holdings table
02:59 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6599 - Don't show dictionary definition table if there are no definitions
02:59 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6601 - dictionary items not adding to query
02:59 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6484 - due date sorter on 'my summary' missing
02:59 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6480 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, januszop, ASSIGNED , Koha produces a lot of apache logs for UNIMARC
02:59 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6612 - Sort pulldown for messages in alphabetical order
02:59 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6622 - Remove closing style tag from staff-global.css
03:00 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6503 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW , Variable $sth is declared 3 times (with keyword "my") in "makepayment" sub of ""
03:00 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6578 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, serial items have misaligned columns in holdings table
03:00 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6599 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Don't show dictionary definition table if there are no definitions
03:00 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6601 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Dictionary items not adding to query
03:00 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6484 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Due date sorter on 'my summary' missing
03:00 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6612 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Sort pulldown for messages in alphabetical order
03:00 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6622 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Remove closing style tag from staff-global.css
03:00 Brooke don't you limbaugh on me, woman.
03:01 druthb Nah.  I only have about a dozen of these.  Getting the cath out should reduce the news.
03:01 druthb Need, even
03:01 * Brooke winces at the very notion of such things.
03:02 druthb Yeah.  Tomorrow could be a lil rough.
03:14 bg heya druthb
03:14 bg @wunder 93109
03:14 huginn` bg: The current temperature in K6LCM - Westside / Mesa, Santa Barbara, California is 19.7�C (8:13 PM PDT on July 25, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 78%. Dew Point: 16.0�C. Pressure: 29.81 in 1009.4 hPa (Steady).
03:15 bg it was a hot one here today - at least 25 I'd guess
03:15 druthb Hi bg
03:16 bg druthb?
03:16 wahanui well, druthb is gonna be out the week of July 18-22, and you won't see much of her for a couple of weeks after that.
03:16 bg heh
03:16 druthb Lol
03:16 Brooke forget druthb
03:16 wahanui Brooke: I forgot druthb
03:16 druthb Thanx brooke
03:24 Brooke left #koha
03:24 bg bg?
03:24 wahanui you are showing off
03:25 bg bg?
03:25 wahanui you are showing off
03:29 druthb I didn't work much today boss...started catching up on email, is all
03:31 talljoy mark your calendar for Wednesday.
03:31 talljoy i'll be a callin'.  ;-)
03:31 druthb Yay!
03:31 Agent_Dani heya druthb
03:32 druthb Hi talljoy n dani.
03:33 Agent_Dani I'm outta here - shower and bed for about 5 hours of sleep before work tomorrow.
03:33 * Agent_Dani knows her boss will be on her to have progress tomorrow on at least two items.
03:34 druthb K  see ya
03:34 Agent_Dani I'm apparently on KP these days - getting the grunt work nobody else wants to do and kept on one short leash.
03:34 druthb Ugh
03:34 Agent_Dani Guess this is what I get for scheduling a vacation at an inconvenient time. ;)
03:35 * Agent_Dani does note that she scheduled the vacation seven months in advance.
03:35 druthb Maybe.  But ugh
03:35 * Agent_Dani &
03:39 * druthb heads to bed too.
03:39 druthb left #koha
04:12 talljoy is now known as talljoy_away
04:13 talljoy_away left #koha
04:35 LBA left #koha
04:44 Phlunk3 left #koha
05:52 cait joined #koha
06:00 cait morning #koha
06:03 clrh_ left #koha
06:36 reiveune joined #koha
06:36 reiveune hello
06:38 cait morning reiveune
06:38 reiveune hi cait
06:47 cait left #koha
06:48 julian joined #koha
06:48 julian hello
07:01 lds joined #koha
07:10 matts_away is now known as matts
07:22 paul_p joined #koha
07:23 paul_p good morning #koha
07:23 paul_p (well, not morning for everybody, so good evening, afternoon, whatever ;-) )
07:25 clrh joined #koha
07:31 julian_ joined #koha
07:33 francharb joined #koha
07:33 francharb hello #koha
07:38 julian left #koha
07:53 julian joined #koha
07:54 jati joined #koha
07:59 julian_ left #koha
08:11 jati left #koha
08:20 jati joined #koha
08:43 bigbrovar joined #koha
08:46 kf joined #koha
08:46 kf hi #koha
08:53 Guillaume joined #koha
08:54 lds hello koha
09:09 paul_p hi kf. Good morning !
09:29 kf hi paul_p :)
09:30 paul_p hello kf. Still very happy with your new laptop ?
09:30 kf yes
09:30 kf why are you asking?
09:31 paul_p just because you were very impatient to get it ;-)
09:31 kf ah not so impatient
09:31 paul_p so I want to be sure you're not disappointed...
09:31 kf it took me over a year to decide which model I wanted... ;)
09:31 paul_p kf, do you think you could have some/many time to test a big patch in the next days ? I'll submit a fully rebased patch for #5872
09:32 kf ah, now I see what you are thinking ;)
09:32 paul_p and I would be happy to have your comments on it
09:32 paul_p (and sign-off if OK, of course)
09:32 paul_p definetly no: there is no relation between my 1st and 2nd question ;-)
09:33 kf I can try - if you provie some good description what it's supposed to d
09:33 kf o
09:33 kf that's the main problem with this big circ enh thing
09:33 paul_p yep, agreed
09:33 kf and I think it would need more than one sign off, because it's really a lot to test in a very critical module
09:34 kf but I can start testing and see how far I get and document what I have tested
09:34 paul_p kf, comment 1 is already a good start to understand what it does I think
09:34 kf there has been a lot of work for short loans and some for bringing parameters to circ matrix (opacitemhold, allowonshelfhold)
09:34 kf not sure how we canmake that all fit together
09:35 kf and is your rebased stuff dependent on the fine in days development?
09:35 kf lots of things for circ for 3.6 - hope we canmake it all work
09:35 paul_p kf, yes, partially
09:35 kf bug 5872?
09:35 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5872 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , Enhancements to circulation management
09:35 paul_p kf, I think make that all fit together means more communications.
09:36 paul_p kf, yep, 5872
10:28 matts is now known as matts_away
10:54 druthb joined #koha
10:55 druthb hi, #koha
10:57 paul_p good morning druthb
10:58 kf hi druthb :)
10:59 druthb :)
10:59 Agent_Dani Hi!
11:00 kf druthb: no working!
11:00 druthb hi, Agent_Dani! :D
11:00 druthb kf:  :P
11:00 jati left #koha
11:01 Agent_Dani kf: I tried that; boss put me on a short leash. ;)
11:02 * Agent_Dani wonders if she's going to find her bike damaged when she leaves work.
11:03 jcamins_away Hello, druthb.
11:04 druthb hi, jcamins!
11:04 druthb Agent_Dani: storm?  or vandals?
11:07 Agent_Dani druthb: More the second. Someone parked a Lexus SUV across all but one of the motorcycle parking stalls at work.
11:07 Agent_Dani So they're now pretty much wedged between my Voyager and the loading dock.
11:07 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
11:07 * Agent_Dani has noted the license plate number of said vehicle.
11:07 druthb dandy
11:08 druthb called the campus fuzz on em?
11:08 Agent_Dani Haven't bothered; they usually do a pass through the lot about 7:30-8 A.M.
11:08 druthb cool
11:09 jati joined #koha
11:10 Agent_Dani The one ticket I got here, "no permit displayed" (I had forgotten to swap my permit to the front and left the wife's Duke permit up,) was issued promptly at 08:00.
11:11 Agent_Dani Mind, my bike is old and in such a state that I'm not too horribly concerned if something happens...
11:12 * druthb likes owning a bike like that...mine was kinda decrepit, too--it got me around, but wasn't fancy
11:16 JesseM joined #koha
11:19 * magnuse has been woken from holiday slumbers by bug 6603...
11:19 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6603 major, P5, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW , Patron card numbers not automatically assigned
11:19 magnuse ...and hiya #koha
11:19 druthb hi, magnuse!  *hug*
11:19 magnuse yay!
11:20 magnuse straight back at ya, lady!
11:20 druthb :D
11:20 kf and me?
11:20 wahanui somebody said kf was cait or really, really sweet.
11:20 Agent_Dani heh
11:21 Agent_Dani Bots are fun sometimes.
11:21 kf hmpf
11:21 * kf waves at magnuse
11:21 * druthb hugs kf, too.
11:21 * magnuse hugs kf
11:21 kf aw
11:21 druthb wahanui: druthb?
11:21 wahanui wish i knew, druthb
11:21 * kf feels better suddenly
11:21 magnuse yay
11:23 jwagner joined #koha
11:24 * Agent_Dani sets about her work-day...need to have this task wrapped-up before my daily 1:1 status meeting with my manager.
11:55 magnuse problem solved, see ya later #koha!
11:55 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
11:59 tcohen joined #koha
12:01 matts_away is now known as matts
12:20 BobB left #koha
12:22 druthb left #koha
12:54 NateC joined #koha
13:06 talljoy joined #koha
13:17 NateC left #koha
13:17 NateC joined #koha
13:44 LBA joined #koha
13:57 libsysguy joined #koha
13:57 wizzyrea mornin
13:57 libsysguy morning :D
13:57 Agent_Dani Morning wizzyrea
13:58 dan left #koha
13:59 kf hi libsysguy
13:59 libsysguy hey kf and wizzyrea
14:01 dan joined #koha
14:01 paul_p good morning USA !
14:02 jwagner Good afternoon, Europe
14:02 kf good morning USA
14:03 bg NateC?
14:03 wahanui I LIKE SPACE!
14:05 talljoy lol
14:10 libsysguy can anybody give me a hand on something i was working on yesterday, checking out the bug 5549 branch
14:10 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5549 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, ian.walls, ASSIGNED , Hourly Loans
14:10 wizzyrea where did you get to?
14:11 libsysguy umm...right up to total failure
14:11 libsysguy lol
14:11 libsysguy i couldn't get the remote branch to checkout correctly
14:12 libsysguy i was doing git remote add[…]fs/heads/bug_5549
14:14 bg libsysguy: I think there is a awaiting_qa branch on that's pretty easy to pull for that bug
14:15 bg try that one first it maybe easier than pulling from catalyst
14:15 libsysguy ok ill give that a shot
14:16 bg yup here you go -->  remotes/origin/new/awaiting_qa/bug_5549
14:16 kf libsysguy: what bg said :) try without adding a remote using the branch directly from the normal repository
14:17 kf and the url for the remote looks a bit too long
14:18 libsysguy so the git command would just be: git branch -b bug_5549 remotes/origin/new/awaiting_qa/bug_5549
14:18 libsysguy err
14:18 libsysguy checkout instead of branch
14:18 kf git checkout -b
14:18 kf yep
14:18 kf hm
14:18 kf no
14:18 kf without the remotes thing
14:18 wizzyrea[…]n_a_pushed_branch
14:18 kf origin/new...
14:18 wizzyrea maybe that would help you
14:19 kf git checkout -b bug_5549 origin/new/awaiting_qa/bug_5549
14:19 libsysguy gotcha
14:19 libsysguy ok that checked out successfully
14:19 kf yay :)
14:20 kf ok, next thing to worry about - database updates :P
14:20 kf I think you have 2 things to do
14:20 kf the updatedatabase and running the script colin mentions
14:20 kf and perhaps dump your testing database first so you can go back
14:20 libsysguy gotcha
14:21 libsysguy this could take awhile...i think our db is pretty big
14:21 libsysguy :-\
14:22 wizzyrea libsysguy
14:22 wizzyrea one thing to think about
14:22 wizzyrea is to skip the actionlogs
14:23 libsysguy when dumping?
14:23 wizzyrea they can get quite huge
14:23 wizzyrea yes
14:23 libsysguy i think ours is huge because we have 400K+ records
14:23 kf oh
14:23 wizzyrea example, with actionlogs, NExpress was close to 11G, without, it was more like 6
14:23 libsysguy geez
14:23 libsysguy was that on a prod db?
14:23 wizzyrea but that was with 3 years of actionlogs
14:23 libsysguy oh ok
14:23 wizzyrea yea, you might not have that much
14:24 wizzyrea but, it can be substantial
14:24 libsysguy yeah this instance has only been up for about a month
14:24 libsysguy ill keep that in mind for when i do backups
14:24 wizzyrea *nod* what I do now is pull them separately
14:24 wizzyrea and archive
14:25 libsysguy what is your general backup procedure wizzyrea
14:25 libsysguy or anybody really
14:25 wizzyrea well our vendor takes care of it generally
14:25 wizzyrea but for the ones we run in house (small libraries)
14:25 libsysguy i was thinking since this was a VM i could do snapshots and regular db backups
14:25 clrh left #koha
14:25 kf hm, full backup every night and I think transaction logs hourly?
14:25 wizzyrea they get backed up to our remote backup thinger nightly
14:26 kf coworker's part
14:26 libsysguy brb...the electrician is here
14:26 wizzyrea (they're not open huge hours, nightly is good for them) plus I keep a week's worth of previous backups.
14:38 rhcl_away is now known as rhcl
14:45 dan with gitweb for koha is there any way to annotate a file to figure out what commit last touched a particular line in a file?
14:47 kf for files there is the history
14:47 kf showing you all patches that changed the file
14:47 kf I am not sure yu can limit that to specific lines, you can find out on command line I think
14:47 kf using git blame
14:48 dan ok.  Was hoping to not need to clone but I can do that.
14:49 dan ty
14:50 jati left #koha
14:54 rhcl I need to come up with a 40+ minute presentation related to security. Are there any Koha-related topics anyone might suggest?
14:55 rhcl @seen sekjal
14:55 huginn` rhcl: sekjal was last seen in #koha 19 hours, 11 minutes, and 47 seconds ago: <sekjal> :)
14:58 rhcl @seen rangi
14:58 huginn` rhcl: rangi was last seen in #koha 1 day, 5 hours, 2 minutes, and 54 seconds ago: <rangi> 5.3, feels like 0
14:59 kf a bit too early for rangi
14:59 jati joined #koha
15:00 wizzyrea opinion time: showing the branchcode in this display - like it or does it need a switch flipping syspref?
15:03 Guillaume left #koha
15:04 paul_p wizzyrea, I strongly vote AGAINST a syspref !
15:04 * wizzyrea too but I had to ask
15:05 paul_p remove, let it, display the description, whatever, but don't add a syspref for that !
15:05 jati Hi, Paul, is there Henri?
15:05 paul_p (hello wizzyrea though)
15:05 wizzyrea (hi :))
15:05 paul_p jati, hdl is AFK for 3 weeks. And he really has no internet access for at least 2 weeks.
15:05 wizzyrea good for him!
15:05 paul_p yep, it was highly needed !
15:06 wizzyrea paul_p: I added the branchcode to that display, one of the consortia in kansas wants that
15:06 wizzyrea it was a super simple thing to add.
15:06 jati ok thanks��
15:06 paul_p I like the branchcode, and I think it's usefull. The description is probably too large
15:07 kf hm
15:07 reiveune bye
15:07 wizzyrea what i'm wondering is if we need to make it so people can turn it off.
15:07 kf perhaps we could not display it for single brnch libraries?
15:07 * wizzyrea was thinking of kf
15:07 reiveune left #koha
15:07 * kf confesses to be a fan of sysprefs ;)
15:07 kf but perhaps we could bind it to the existing singlebranch syspref
15:08 kf or like bug xxx (will find it) suggests check if there is more than one brnch
15:08 wizzyrea you mean independent branches?
15:08 kf no
15:08 kf singlebranchmode
15:08 wizzyrea oh single branch mode right
15:08 kf but might make sense for independantbrnches too
15:08 wizzyrea well there's a ton of work that needs to be done on independent branches :(
15:09 kf so perhaps we could use singlebranchmode?
15:09 kf it's already there so would be easy to add a check for that
15:09 wizzyrea *nod* agreed
15:09 kf paul_p: agreeable? :)
15:09 wizzyrea show it if we have a singlebranchmode, don't if we have multiples
15:09 wizzyrea er the other way round.
15:09 kf not show if on
15:09 * wizzyrea facepalms.
15:09 kf = 1 I think
15:10 paul_p well, singlebranch mode, i agree, except we spoke recently of removing this syspref (should be useless, just count branches !)
15:10 kf ep
15:10 kf I was searching for that comment of yours
15:10 kf I like the idea
15:10 kf but as long as we don't have it, might be easier than adding a check for the number of defined branches
15:11 paul_p independantbranches, it may be usefull, except superlibrarians could be confused not to have the branch.
15:11 wizzyrea ^^ i agree with paul_p on that one
15:11 kf yes
15:11 wizzyrea independentbranches = 0 -> show it
15:12 wizzyrea 1 -> don't show it
15:12 * paul_p think we should start a big rewrite, to have object, that behaves the same everywhere. For example "PatronList" => returns a standard list, that can contain whatever you want, but the same everywhere
15:12 * paul_p dreaming...
15:12 kf dreaming is always a good start :)
15:12 paul_p kf++
15:12 paul_p !
15:13 kf I like what owen did tot he paging bar
15:13 kf make it an inlcude
15:13 kf I think we could do that for a lot of other things too - like you said, have reusable objects
15:14 * paul_p spent a second day working on 5872. It's clean, and should be submitted in the next minutes !
15:14 kf trying to get on that on the weekend
15:14 kf also promised magnuse and druthb to test something :( but getting there
15:14 paul_p wizzyrea, if you have some time to test it (i already asked kf this morning), feel free, it's circ rules enhancements
15:14 kf bug 4941- finally found it
15:14 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4941 normal, P5, ---, paul.poulain, NEW , Can't set branch in staff client when singleBranchMode is enabled
15:14 paul_p kf, if I promise a croissant for every morning of your next coming to Marseille, will I be 1st ?
15:15 paul_p ;-)
15:15 kf pain au chocolat? (I didn#t try it also rangi said everyday that I should)
15:15 kf although...
15:15 Johnindy joined #koha
15:15 paul_p if you prefer, I can promise a pain au chocolat, it's OK
15:15 paul_p ;-)
15:15 kf hehe
15:16 kf you don't have to promise me something, I will try to spend time on everything, but I have a few own projects I have to get started on
15:16 wizzyrea paul_p: I will see what I can do -- rules are far reaching, maybe kf and I can come up with a good way to test it
15:16 kf paul_p: do you have somethign going on for email orders from acq?
15:16 paul_p (was just kidding !)
15:16 paul_p kf, ask clrh tomorrow, she will answer for sure (I think yes)
15:17 kf wizzyrea: we should perhaps document on the wiki or somehting - this is big, write down what was tested so more people can help without starting over
15:17 kf ah
15:17 wizzyrea right
15:17 paul_p wiki, or just the bugzilla entry ?
15:17 kf because there is some code in bugzilla, and I wanted to try and make it work a bit better
15:17 kf paul_p: I think we need more space than on bugzilla
15:17 wizzyrea dunno, I'm getting good at being succinct ;)
15:17 kf as I said - deliver documentation and test plans and you will make us go faster ;)
15:21 bigbrovar left #koha
15:22 bigbrovar joined #koha
15:24 kf paul_p: reading your comment
15:27 julian left #koha
15:33 kf paul_p: so it doesn't require the fines in days feature now?
15:34 paul_p kf, yep
15:34 kf ok
15:34 wizzyrea paul_p:[…]irc_rules_testing
15:34 wizzyrea anything else you want us to check/
15:34 paul_p because the fine in days DB part is already in koha 3.4 (even if it does not work well, until my patch has been fixed)
15:35 paul_p s/fixed/applied/
15:36 paul_p wizzyrea, remove the 3 "certify that fines are calculated correctly ", and 6 => it's somewhere else
15:36 kf paul_p: I was thinking about the bug waiting for qa with the change for the debarMember :)
15:36 paul_p otherwise, it's OK. You could add "do the tests for item-level-itype ON and OFF, and ccode/itype syspref
15:37 wizzyrea you wouldn't feel it necessary to make sure that the fine rules defined were actually being applied in a proper manner?
15:37 kf paul_p: I think wizzyrea is right, we have to check that too
15:37 kf because the fines cronjob is using the smartrules to find out about fines
15:37 kf how much when, etc.
15:38 wizzyrea i'm ok with letting 6 go, since it's a work in progress
15:38 paul_p in fact, in 3.4, the fine in days was partially applied. Thus the DB is OK, but the behaviour is KO. The 5872 does nothing about fines
15:40 paul_p so, OK to check smart-rules saves the DB, but it won't work better than in 3.4.3
15:40 kf saving and being able to override to add a new rule, and delete rules, right?
15:40 wizzyrea nah, we're just trying to make sure that it doesn't break circ. :)
15:41 paul_p kf, right
15:41 paul_p wizzyrea, ???
15:41 wahanui wizzyrea, are you from Kansas?  I think we talked at KudoCon in Madison.
15:42 paul_p I spent 2 days testing & fixing things. I hope things will go smoothly for you !
15:42 wizzyrea where break circ = the rules are still applied like we expect. it might be needlessly anal.
15:42 * wizzyrea can be like that sometimes.
15:42 paul_p (I made tests from a new DB, tests from an updated DB, with various parameters....)
15:42 paul_p wizzyrea, gotcha (and agreed, of course)
15:44 wizzyrea of course you've always got the
15:44 wizzyrea @quote get 123
15:44 huginn` wizzyrea: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
15:44 wizzyrea problem
15:45 paul_p yes, it's like the murphy's law rule
15:45 paul_p it works until you need it to work ;-)
15:46 kf there might always be some tiny little difference
15:47 kf doesn't hurt to double check stuff
15:47 kf but perhaps not triple and more check - so  have a wiki page :)
15:47 kf I have to go now - ttyl :)
15:47 wizzyrea bye kf
15:48 libsysguy left #koha
15:48 kf left #koha
15:50 libsysguy joined #koha
15:57 wizzyrea bummer that oleonard isn't around.
15:57 matts is now known as matts_away
16:07 tcohen left #koha
16:28 paul_p it's time to leave for me !
16:35 wizzyrea what does
16:35 wahanui does is calculate the discount on this price or the tax is removed before to calculte the discount on the price before taxes?
16:35 wizzyrea 'forced branchtransfer' mean in branchtransfers?
16:40 cait joined #koha
16:44 paul_p left #koha
16:44 cait hi all
16:45 wizzyrea nm actually i figured it out.
17:07 talljoy is now known as talljoy_lunch
17:19 slef left #koha
17:19 liw left #koha
17:19 francharb left #koha
17:19 Irma left #koha
17:19 fredericd left #koha
17:19 jati left #koha
17:19 matts_away left #koha
17:19 cait left #koha
17:19 jenkins_koha left #koha
17:19 Ropuch left #koha
17:19 talljoy_lunch left #koha
17:19 JesseM left #koha
17:19 chilts left #koha
17:19 moodaepo left #koha
17:19 mtj left #koha
17:19 dan left #koha
17:19 LBA left #koha
17:19 NateC left #koha
17:19 jwagner left #koha
17:19 ibeardslee left #koha
17:19 alohalog` left #koha
17:19 phasefx_ left #koha
17:19 gmcharlt left #koha
17:19 pastebot left #koha
17:19 huginn` left #koha
17:19 bg left #koha
17:19 davi left #koha
17:19 magnus_away left #koha
17:19 phasefx left #koha
17:19 libsysguy left #koha
17:19 bigbrovar left #koha
17:19 Johnindy left #koha
17:19 lds left #koha
17:19 Callender left #koha
17:19 sijobl left #koha
17:19 thd-away` left #koha
17:19 jcamins_away left #koha
17:19 rangi left #koha
17:22 slef joined #koha
17:22 liw joined #koha
17:22 fredericd joined #koha
17:22 jenkins_koha joined #koha
17:22 Ropuch joined #koha
17:22 matts_away joined #koha
17:22 Irma joined #koha
17:22 francharb joined #koha
17:22 jati joined #koha
17:22 cait joined #koha
17:22 hankbank joined #koha
17:22 magnus_away joined #koha
17:22 phasefx joined #koha
17:22 davi joined #koha
17:22 huginn` joined #koha
17:22 bg joined #koha
17:22 rangi joined #koha
17:22 jcamins_away joined #koha
17:22 thd-away` joined #koha
17:22 sijobl joined #koha
17:22 Callender joined #koha
17:22 lds joined #koha
17:22 Johnindy joined #koha
17:22 bigbrovar joined #koha
17:22 libsysguy joined #koha
17:22 talljoy_lunch joined #koha
17:22 JesseM joined #koha
17:22 chilts joined #koha
17:22 mtj joined #koha
17:22 moodaepo joined #koha
17:24 NateC joined #koha
17:24 dan joined #koha
17:24 LBA joined #koha
17:24 jwagner joined #koha
17:24 ibeardslee joined #koha
17:24 alohalog` joined #koha
17:24 phasefx_ joined #koha
17:24 gmcharlt joined #koha
17:24 pastebot joined #koha
17:26 nengard joined #koha
17:35 miguel joined #koha
17:44 SirDekar joined #koha
17:46 SirDekar Hi ppl, I've got a question
17:47 SirDekar can I get a translation for koha users interface to spanish?
17:57 LBA SirDekar - Yes, there is a Spanish version of Koha.
17:58 SirDekar where can I get it?
17:58 LBA check
18:09 libsysguy left #koha
18:11 talljoy_lunch is now known as talljoy
18:12 libsysguy joined #koha
18:26 paul_p joined #koha
18:27 paul_p left #koha
18:59 sekjal joined #koha
19:04 libsysguy1 joined #koha
19:07 libsysguy left #koha
19:11 wizzyrea sekjal: did you see the patch for 6611?
19:11 wizzyrea bug 6611
19:11 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6611 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, kyle.m.hall, ASSIGNED , patron barcode removed when editing an attribute
19:11 sekjal I saw a glimmer of it, but will read it in earnest now
19:11 wizzyrea (it may be my fault that you didn't see it >.<)
19:16 sekjal 6611 is now passed QA
19:16 wizzyrea brilliant, thanks <3
19:16 wizzyrea that was just a wow bad deal bug. :/
19:16 wizzyrea we got round it by adding jquery that hides the small edit buttons
19:17 sekjal yeah, sometimes those little template toolkit issues can really break things
19:32 rangi morning
19:32 nengard afternoon
19:35 * rangi is tired, would have stayed in bed today but have clients onsite and a new presentation to write by tomorrow
19:35 rangi yesterday was tiring
19:36 wizzyrea oy
19:37 bg rangi?
19:37 bg :)
19:37 wizzyrea hehe!
19:38 rangi least the weather is nice
19:38 rangi @wunder wellington nz
19:38 huginn` rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 9.0�C (7:00 AM NZST on July 27, 2011). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 66%. Dew Point: 3.0�C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
19:38 bg @wunder 93109
19:38 huginn` bg: The current temperature in K6LCM - Westside / Mesa, Santa Barbara, California is 24.8�C (12:37 PM PDT on July 26, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 56%. Dew Point: 15.0�C. Pressure: 29.84 in 1010.4 hPa (Steady).
19:39 bg can't really beat that :D
19:40 sekjal @wunder philadelphia pa
19:40 huginn` sekjal: The current temperature in Grant and Academy, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is 32.9�C (3:39 PM EDT on July 26, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 46%. Dew Point: 20.0�C. Pressure: 29.67 in 1004.6 hPa (Steady).
19:40 cait @wunder konstanz
19:40 huginn` cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 15.8�C (9:35 PM CEST on July 26, 2011). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 13.0�C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014.1 hPa (Rising).
19:42 JesseM_ joined #koha
19:42 cait hi JesseM
19:42 JesseM left #koha
19:42 JesseM_ is now known as JesseM
19:42 rangi heya JesseM
19:42 JesseM Hey cait and rangi
19:44 jwagner left #koha
19:46 talljoy hi rangi
19:47 rangi heya talljoy
19:47 wahanui talljoy is magnificent! or tall.
19:47 rangi how's it going?
19:47 talljoy good.
19:47 talljoy i was wondering if you know of any kind of data dictionary for Koha?
19:47 talljoy I'm trying to figure out how the fields relate and what affects what in other tables.
19:49 rangi brb
19:50 cait talljoy: do you have a specific question?
19:50 cait there is some database documentaiton, but it's not up to date
19:50 cait and there is kohastructure, but that's not very visual
19:51 rangi search for db documentation on the wiki
19:51 wahanui left #koha
19:51 wahanui joined #koha
19:51 rangi then ask questions and update it :)
19:51 rangi its mostly in our heads
19:51 talljoy i've seen kohastructure, but it was lite on docmentation.
19:51 rangi brb my bus stop
19:52 talljoy i figured it was in the minds of Koha.
19:52 cait
19:52 cait but not up to date - better ask around to find the right tables
19:52 cait or look through them and write something :) ask for those that does not make sense to you
19:52 cait not all fields are used
19:53 nengard talljoy there is no documentation on the db structure yet
19:53 nengard it's my job
19:53 nengard but i forget what format i'm supposed to do it in
19:54 nengard and got distracted with other things :)
19:54 talljoy cait- you rock.  this is certainly out of date. (3.0!!) But gives me something to start from when I have a question.  Thanks.
19:54 talljoy cait++
19:54 cait ah, rangi gave me the right search words :)
19:54 cait rangi++
19:54 talljoy nengard++
19:54 cait the schemaspy stuff is newer
19:54 talljoy because i know she'll rock it when she gets to it!
19:54 cait but not sure new acq tables are already in
19:55 cait hehe
19:55 talljoy i'm at the beginning anyway..  patrons, bibs, items, etc.
19:55 talljoy haven't made it acq yet!
19:55 cait ah ok
19:55 nengard rangi do you remember what format we voted on for db documentation?  comments with // at the end of each line?
19:55 talljoy baby steps
19:55 cait nengard: I think it should be in the logs, was the meeting I chaired
19:56 nengard yeah but i have to remember what meeting it was
19:56 nengard and right now i'm scrounging around for articles for the newsletter
19:56 cait hmhmhm let me think
19:56 cait it was when I ras in reutlingen.. should be last month
19:56 cait I will try to look it up for oyu
19:56 cait I think it was -- or /* */
19:56 nengard that will be a good project for me during recovery
19:56 cait oh
19:56 cait getting surgery for your hip? :(
19:56 nengard yes
19:57 nengard sept 12th
19:57 cait that's soon
19:57 nengard it's on the calendar finally
19:57 cait replacement?
19:57 nengard yes
19:57 nengard complete right hip
19:57 cait and left is ok?
19:57 nengard but you know me - i don't sit still well :) so I need a job to do while recovering - like documenting the db :) heeh
19:57 nengard left is okay for now
19:57 nengard it has arthritis, but is not dead like the right
19:57 cait :
19:57 cait :(
19:57 nengard it's all okay
19:58 nengard it's necessary and i'll feel awesome afterwards
19:58 cait * vote is to use -- style comments for db documentation  (cait,     19:32:20)
19:58 cait[…]1-06-14-18.04.txt
19:58 nengard thanks!
19:58 nengard will do
19:59 cait we will all think about you
19:59 rhcl left #koha
20:03 libsysguy joined #koha
20:07 libsysguy1 left #koha
20:11 rangi back
20:12 wizzyrea wb
20:12 rangi thanks
20:41 nengard left #koha
20:42 libsysguy left #koha
20:47 rhcl joined #koha
21:00 talljoy is now known as talljoy_away
21:01 SirDekar left #koha
21:02 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6614: Remove newlines from order notes when exporting to CSV <[…]925bd6024640cda2a> / Bug 6611 : With the change to making cardnumber a nullable field, we need to pass... <[…]aee6b09a3bdc1e77f>
21:02 hankbank left #koha
21:02 dan left #koha
21:02 francharb left #koha
21:04 jenkins_koha Starting build 336 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
21:27 JesseM left #koha
21:37 danmc joined #koha
21:38 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
21:41 cait hi magnuse
21:41 cait and good night all
21:41 cait left #koha
21:42 lds left #koha
21:44 magnuse kia ora #koha
21:48 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #336: UNSTABLE in 44 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/336/
21:48 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6611 : With the change to making cardnumber a nullable field, we need to pass it around when we are updating borrowers, to make sure we don't null it
21:48 jenkins_koha * ian.walls: Bug 6614: Remove newlines from order notes when exporting to CSV
21:48 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6611 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, kyle.m.hall, RESOLVED FIXED, patron barcode removed when editing an attribute
21:48 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6614 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, ian.walls, ASSIGNED , CSV Basket Export gives blank lines
21:48 rangi heya magnuse
21:48 wahanui rumour has it magnuse is afraid that we added another 10000 bugs while he was eating pizza
21:49 magnuse hehe
21:49 magnuse hiya rangi
22:17 ras0ir joined #koha
22:25 libsysguy joined #koha
22:25 libsysguy hey rangi you around?
22:25 bg alright I think I'm missing something -- how does one remove the "Subject Cloud" from the more searches in the OPAC
22:26 magnuse bg: subject cloud?
22:26 bg
22:26 bg look at the top there
22:27 rangi kinda libsysguy
22:27 bg in-between tag cloud and most popular
22:27 bg I know it's a system preference - but I must be blind right now
22:28 magnuse hm...
22:29 magnuse OpacBrowser syspref?
22:30 magnuse nah, probably not
22:30 rangi i think thats it actually
22:30 bg nope that removes the book jacket call-number viewy thing
22:31 bg just removed that - and I've still got the Subject Cloud showing
22:32 bg oh whoops
22:32 bg nope that's set to Don't Allow
22:32 bg OpacBrowser
22:33 magnuse "book jacket call-number viewy thing" should be OPACShelfBrowser
22:33 bg actually that adds -->  Browse by Hierarchy
22:33 bg yeah - I can't find how to remove the Subject Cloud either
22:34 bg I'm certain it used to be there
22:34 matts_away left #koha
22:34 magnuse time to look at the code, methinks... ;-)
22:35 matts_away joined #koha
22:36 magnuse hm, looks like there should be a syspref OpacCloud, but it's not in my test install...
22:37 magnuse[…]9b93;hb=HEAD#l115
22:39 magnuse hmf, it's in the db but does not show up when i search for it?
22:39 rangi not in localuse even?
22:40 magnuse ah yes, there it is
22:40 magnuse i never understood why some sysprefs show uo there?
22:40 magnuse "my" OPACMyProfileHTML is there, and so is OpacPrivacy...
22:41 rangi they are ones someone hasnt put in .pref
22:44 magnuse hm, thought i did that for OPACMyProfileHTML...
22:45 jati left #koha
22:48 bg OpacCloud
22:48 bg that's got to be it
22:48 bg It's in the database
22:48 magnuse yup
22:48 bg ah doh - read the scroll back
22:48 magnuse ;-)
22:49 rangi if you added it to the opac.pref it should show up in the opac tab
22:49 rangi magnuse: it might be in a patch not pushed yet?
22:50 sekjal left #koha
22:50 magnuse rangi: as far as i can see it's in the original/main patch:[…]hment.cgi?id=3630
22:51 rangi maybe typo/diff spelling?
22:53 magnuse sorry. looks like my dev/test install is funky, when i check one of my live installs it shows up on the opac tab...
22:53 * magnuse breathes a sigh of relief...
22:53 magnuse but OpacCloud is still local use
22:54 jati joined #koha
22:56 magnuse guess that's my cue to bid #koha a good night or other time of the day, so here goes...
22:56 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
22:56 libsysguy left #koha
23:04 NateC left #koha
23:04 miguel left #koha
23:05 jati left #koha
23:13 LBA left #koha
23:14 miguel joined #koha
23:14 jati joined #koha
23:24 bug joined #koha
23:24 bug is now known as bugg
23:25 rhcl left #koha
23:31 Space_Librarian joined #koha
23:32 ras0ir left #koha
23:40 rhcl joined #koha
23:52 eythian joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary