IRC log for #koha, 2011-04-08

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Fix for Bug 6114 - Conflicting warnings about Koha to MARC links <[…]93018811ffc7133ad>
00:03 druthb left #koha
00:08 JesseM joined #koha
00:09 JesseM left #koha
00:13 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 5903 : French authorised values fixed <[…]acb1dab1a2150d341> / Bug 5275: enable switching back to default biblio framework <[…]5d32431c70ef78b61>
00:25 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug #6107 - Problems when duplicate a patron on <[…]e84747032828ad004> / Bug 6099: error in report pagination when GROUP BY <[…]8e0d5cd3e3ba9d178>
00:31 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #140: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/140/
00:31 jenkins_koha * Colin Campbell: Bug 6096 Correctly return arrayref from GetAllShelves
00:31 jenkins_koha * Marcel de Rooy: Bug 3072: Search for Heading-Main in authorities
00:31 jenkins_koha * Stéphane Delaune: Fix for Bug 6037, Invalid markup, missing breadcrumbs on Keyword to MARC Mapping page
00:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6096 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, colin.campbell, ASSIGNED, GetAllShelves has obfuscated return type
00:31 jenkins_koha Starting build 141 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
00:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3072 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---,, ASSIGNED, 'Heading-Main' authority-index breaks authority searching in STABLE
00:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6037 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED, Invalid markup, missing breadcrumbs on Keyword to MARC Mapping page
00:39 druthb joined #koha
00:40 rangi zomg
00:40 druthb ?
00:41 rangi the meeting times email
00:44 jcamins_away Yeah.
00:45 jcamins_away My cat just carried a single piece of his dry food all the way across the apartment, and is now sitting over it looking miserable.
00:46 jcamins_away (nothing to do with the meeting times e-mail, but so adorable I had to share)
00:50 rangi hehe
01:10 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Fix for Bug 6109, Hey! <[…]4f520e88dced6d790> / Merge remote branch 'kc/new/bug_4912' into kcmaster <[…]e44c6a1df47be8517> / Bug 4912: Follow-up fix for Bug 4912, redirect user to correct lists <[…]t;a=commitdiff;h=
01:10 NateC left #koha
01:12 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #141: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/141/
01:12 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Fix for Bug 6114 - Conflicting warnings about Koha to MARC links
01:12 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 5275: enable switching back to default biblio framework
01:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6114 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED, Conflicting warnings about Koha to MARC links
01:12 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 5903 : French authorised values fixed
01:12 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 6099: error in report pagination when GROUP BY
01:12 jenkins_koha * Alex Arnaud: Bug #6107 - Problems when duplicate a patron on
01:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5275 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED, no way to change framework by editing
01:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5903 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED, French authorised values fixed - country codes must be in capital letters
01:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6099 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED, pagination error on GROUP BY guided reports
01:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6107 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW, Problems when duplicate a patron on
01:12 jenkins_koha Starting build 142 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
01:22 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote branch 'kc/new/bug_5949' into kcmaster <[…]48e0e417a59aaa63a> / Bug 5949: Hide 'Edit record' link when creating new order <[…]c0e0899282b6634b1> / Bug 4189 : Searching z39.50 without selecting any servers results in error message <http://git.koha
01:34 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6024 : Show "Run report" link after sql update as wel <[…]e184b7a238766c9fb> / Bug 6024 : add "Run report" link on the new report creation success page <[…]e66fb1766056ac8a4> / Bug 5895: Translation error in German fast add framework <http://git.koha-comm
01:40 rangi i think my fingers may catch fire
01:40 rangi lucky most of these patches are tiny and easy to test
01:46 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 3803 Show ISSN in orderline of basket display <[…]290c4943f0d5b90aa>
01:52 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 4245] Bestseller's Club and email notifications <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4245> / [Bug 6053] Improvement of letter HOLD_PRINT <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6053> / [Bug 5692] Adds an alternative cataloguing plugin for 210$c <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5692>
01:52 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #142: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/142/
01:52 jenkins_koha * Alex Arnaud: Bug #6112 - Missing fields in overdues csv file
01:52 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 4912: Follow-up fix for Bug 4912, redirect user to correct lists
01:52 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6112 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW, Missing fields in overdues csv file
01:52 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Fix for Bug 6109, Hey!
01:52 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 6072: fixing permission inconsistencies MT5306
01:52 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4912 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED, After editing private list, user should be redirect to private lists
01:52 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6109 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED, Hey!
01:52 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6072 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED, Acquisition permissions inconsistencies
01:52 jenkins_koha Starting build 143 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
01:56 ronald joined #koha
01:56 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 5415 Let calls of SimpleSearch utilize considtent interface <[…]a7e655eda97c79ffa> / Bug 5415 More consistent returns from SimpleSearch <[…]7eab69e953c515d69>
01:59 eythian
02:03 rangi am i the only one who thinks the times issues wasnt broken and didnt need to be fixed
02:03 rangi ?
02:04 druthb no, I don't think you are the only one.
02:08 jcamins_away I would tend to agree with you on this.
02:08 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 5251 : Enhancement: [3.2] (Resubmission) Adding code to support using gmail as... <[…]8b2a1785e81f6da05>
02:08 rangi ah well, i could worry about it, or i could push patches
02:10 rangi there goes one from you druthb
02:11 druthb hm?
02:11 rangi bug 4340
02:11 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4340 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, guillaume.hatt, ASSIGNED, patron name search does not handle punctuated names
02:11 rangi just pushed it
02:13 druthb woah, that is an oldie moldie.  Glad it finally made some progress
02:14 rangi yep thanks to guillaume
02:14 * jcamins_away has lot of patches that aren't going to make it. :(
02:14 rangi if they are bugfixes that dont touch the templates
02:14 rangi theres still time
02:15 druthb Did guillaume manage to resolve what happens when you get to large numbers of borrowers? It may still be a Bad Idea that kinda works.
02:15 rangi if they touch templates lots and/or are new features, then yep, wont go into master until after the release
02:16 jcamins_away Only one that touches templates a lot is the fix for...
02:16 rangi druthb: it wont be any worse
02:16 rangi its the like %something%
02:16 jcamins_away bug 5859.
02:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5859 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, jcamins, ASSIGNED, Can't set character encoding with stage MARC records
02:16 rangi that mean no index can be used, gonna kill us anyway
02:17 druthb hm.'s a beast.
02:17 rangi if we want decent performance
02:17 druthb when I first wrote it, it does what I told it to; but that was a foolish thing to tell it to do.
02:17 rangi we would need to make the ui harder
02:18 rangi and have a sep box for firstname and surname
02:18 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 4340 - patron name search does not handle punctuated names <[…]38da737e711b9e9b1>
02:18 rangi but as we let people type partial names, in any order
02:18 rangi this is the price we pay
02:19 druthb Ah, yes...
02:19 * druthb remembers the REGEXP thing now...that helped it a lot over my initial approach to that.
02:19 jcamins_away Actually, bug 5859 doesn't even make any template changes that require translation.
02:20 rangi thats fine then
02:20 jcamins_away It changes "UNIMARC" and "MARC21" to "MARC-8" "UTF-8" "ISO-6496" (or whatever), and "ISO-8599-1" (or whatever).
02:21 rangi right
02:21 rangi yeah thats fine
02:21 * jcamins_away has set a goal of 50 patches.
02:21 rangi for 3.4 ?
02:22 rangi or for the year
02:22 rangi im hoping hte latter ;)
02:22 rangi you have about 36 at the mo
02:22 jcamins_away 3.4.
02:22 jcamins_away Yeah, but I have 8 awaiting sign-off.
02:22 rangi some might end up in 3.4.1
02:23 jcamins_away Yeah, I know.
02:23 rangi only new features get deferred to 3.6
02:23 jcamins_away But we all must have some audacious goal. ;)
02:23 * druthb debates putting on her cheerleading costume for jcamins, then decides that'd just be too much.
02:24 jcamins_away My decision that indexing not working just isn't cool will probably help with my efforts.
02:24 rangi right from 55 -> 23
02:24 jcamins_away Well done!
02:25 rangi im gonna take a little break before i lose my mind
02:25 jcamins_away Probably wise.
02:26 rangi did you see this?
02:26 rangi[…]bin/
02:27 rangi its all ready to be ajaxed into a nice page somewhere
02:27 jcamins_away That's pretty nifty.
02:28 jcamins_away Incidentally, 44. :D
02:28 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote branch 'kc/new/enh/bug_5921' into kcmaster <[…]750bb420c1ff41e1c> / Bug 5921 follow-up: fix text wrapping <[…]299b8affad35a0c1c> / Bug 6017 : MT3157 : editing an attribute lead to Error500 <[…]=koha.git;a=commi
02:30 rangi
02:30 space_librarian whew!
02:31 rangi druthb: you might need to fix you git config
02:31 rangi hmm let me run that again not counting merges
02:32 druthb to use my name instead of email?  I did that, last time you reminded me;  haven't been any patches since, I don' think.
02:32 rangi ahh cool
02:33 rangi oh it is without the merges, duh me
02:33 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #143: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/143/
02:33 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 6088: remove Perl warning
02:33 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 4189 : Searching z39.50 without selecting any servers results in error message
02:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6088 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED, remove a perl warning
02:33 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 5949: Hide 'Edit record' link when creating new order
02:33 jenkins_koha * Alex Arnaud: Bug 6095: Add UTF8 encoding in template
02:33 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 5895: Translation error in German fast add framework
02:33 jenkins_koha * Srdjan Jankovic: Bug 6024 : add "Run report" link on the new report creation success page
02:33 jenkins_koha * Srdjan Jankovic: Bug 6024 : Show "Run report" link after sql update as wel
02:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4189 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, tomascohen, ASSIGNED, Searching z39.50 without selecting any servers results in error message
02:33 jenkins_koha * Colin Campbell: Bug 3803 Show ISSN in orderline of basket display
02:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5949 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, REOPENED, Popup alert when deleting orders from a basket
02:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6095 trivial, PATCH-Sent, ---, henridamien, NEW, Wrong display of acute charaters in html letters
02:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5895 trivial, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, REOPENED, Correct translation error in German frameworks
02:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6024 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, srdjan, ASSIGNED, Run a Report immediately after creating or editing
02:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3803 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, henridamien, NEW, Show PO Number and ISSN in orderline of basket display
02:33 jenkins_koha Starting build 144 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
02:35 jcamins_away rangi: I'm counting total commits.
02:35 jcamins_away Not since 3.2.
02:35 rangi ah
02:35 jcamins_away So you won't be getting 13 more patches from me in the next two weeks. ;)
02:35 rangi good
02:35 rangi :)
02:36 jcamins_away Well... maybe...
02:39 jcamins_away I don't think the changed lines is right, though.
02:40 rangi you probably moved some files
02:40 rangi or added an icon set
02:40 rangi yeah looks like a move
02:40 jcamins_away Oh, right.
02:41 rangi as you have 20276 removed too ;)
02:46 jcamins_away Okay, time for bed.
02:46 rangi http://theopensourceschool.blo[…]e-forks-luke.html
02:46 jcamins_away rangi++ # for all the patch-pushing
02:47 jcamins_away Good night (again), #koha
02:48 druthb I'm headed for the hay, too.  see you soon
02:48 druthb left #koha
02:51 ronald left #koha
03:04 kmkale joined #koha
03:04 kmkale Namaskar #koha
03:14 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #144: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/144/
03:14 jenkins_koha * Colin Campbell: Bug 5415 More consistent returns from SimpleSearch
03:14 jenkins_koha * Colin Campbell: Bug 5415 Let calls of SimpleSearch utilize considtent interface
03:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5415 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, christophe.croullebois, ASSIGNED, Simplify Returns from SimpleSearch
03:14 jenkins_koha * Chris Nighswonger: Bug 5251 : Enhancement: [3.2] (Resubmission) Adding code to support using gmail as an SMTP server
03:14 jenkins_koha * J. David Bavousett: Bug 4340 - patron name search does not handle punctuated names
03:14 jenkins_koha * Henri-Damien LAURENT: Bug 6017 : MT3157 : editing an attribute lead to Error500
03:14 jenkins_koha * Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 5921 follow-up: fix text wrapping
03:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5251 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, cnighswonger, ASSIGNED, Add support for using a gmail account as an SMTP server.
03:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4340 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, guillaume.hatt, ASSIGNED, patron name search does not handle punctuated names
03:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6017 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, henridamien, ASSIGNED, Editing an extended attribute can cause a 500 error
03:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5921 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, jcamins, ASSIGNED, Enumchron does not show up on item details screen in staff client
03:28 AmitG joined #koha
03:28 AmitG heya chris
03:33 bg heya AmitG
03:33 AmitG heya bg
03:57 kmkale Hi AmitG
03:57 kmkale Hi bg
04:14 Oak joined #koha
05:02 kmkale @quote random
05:02 huginn kmkale: Quote #110: "chris: im rm, not god" (added by kf at 10:20 AM, December 08, 2010)
05:02 cait joined #koha
05:02 kmkale hiya cait :)
05:09 Brooke_ joined #koha
05:09 Brooke_ kia ora
05:10 space_librarian kia ora
05:10 kmkale Namaste Brooke_ & space_librarian
05:11 space_librarian namaste kmkale
05:11 space_librarian time to run around, see if I can get some errands done before the hour... I'll be back for the meeting. :)
05:11 kmkale :)
05:11 cait mornign kmkale
05:11 cait and morning #koha :)
05:12 * Brooke_ waves to cait
05:12 cait hi Brooke
05:12 cait there is another meeting?
05:13 kmkale cait: Kohacon11 volunteers meeting at 6UTC today
05:13 cait how many hours away is that?
05:13 kmkale about 45 mins
05:19 cait oh
05:34 SpaceLibrarian_home joined #koha
05:34 AmitG heya kmkale
05:34 kmkale hi AmitG
05:34 AmitG heya SpaceLibrarian_home
05:34 * Brooke_ waves to Amit
05:34 AmitG heya Brooke
05:35 * SpaceLibrarian_home waves to AmitG
05:37 AmitG brendan around?
05:55 thd-away is now known as thd
05:59 kmkale #startmeeting KOhacon11 vlounteers 2nd meeting
05:59 huginn Meeting started Fri Apr  8 06:00:10 2011 UTC.  The chair is kmkale. Information about MeetBot at
05:59 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
05:59 kmkale Hi all
05:59 Brooke_ howdy
05:59 SpaceLibrarian_home hey
05:59 kmkale #topic introductions
06:00 thd Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
06:00 SpaceLibrarian_home Shelley Gurney, Catalyst NZ
06:00 kmkale Koustubha Kale Anant Corporation, VPM, Thane,
06:01 AmitG Amit Gupta, Nucsoft Osslabs, Bangalore
06:01 kmkale Shall we move on? Anyone wiching to join in can introduce themselves later
06:02 SpaceLibrarian_home sounds like a plamn
06:02 SpaceLibrarian_home plan*
06:02 kmkale #topic Progress report
06:02 kmkale #info Minutes of last Kohacon11 volunteers meeting
06:02 kmkale #link[…]-03-08-14.01.html
06:03 kmkale #info Logs of last Kohacon11 volunteers meeting
06:03 kmkale #link[…]08-14.01.log.html
06:03 kmkale #info A Kohacon volunteers page is set up on Koha wiki at
06:03 kmkale #link[…]aCon11_Volunteers
06:03 kmkale #info A conference websitre was set up at
06:03 kmkale #link based on the "Open Conference System" open source conference management software
06:03 kmkale #info Registrations were opened on 4-Mar-2011 at
06:04 kmkale #link[…]Conf/registration. So far we have 114 registrations from 16 countries
06:04 kmkale I am ratteling off pre-prepared text
06:04 kmkale anyone wants to comment pl go ahead
06:04 kmkale #info Call for papers was sent out on 12-Mar-2011. Its at
06:04 kmkale #link[…]k11/schedConf/cfp. So far we have one abstract submitted.
06:04 kmkale #info An appeal for sponsorship was sent out. It can be found at
06:05 kmkale #link[…]orship_appeal.pdf
06:05 kmkale #info Sponsorship payments can be made at
06:05 kmkale #link[…]n11/insert_cc.asp
06:05 kmkale #info The form leads to a secure payment gateway of ICICI Bank, One of India's largest banks. The credit card stuff is handled only at the banks gateway. So far we have one sponsor Bharat Grahak which is a local co-operative store in Thane. They have contributed INR 100000/- about USD 2222/- We need about five times that amount
06:05 kmkale #info A hackfest discussion was kicked off by Paul. Its at
06:05 kmkale #link http://lists.koha-community.or[…]March/035245.html. This is still undecided and needs to be quickly decided upon so that people can start planning travel and stay.
06:05 kmkale #info Accommodation assistance page is set up at
06:06 kmkale #link[…]onf/accommodation
06:06 SpaceLibrarian_home re: hackfest this was touched on in the meeting on wednesday.
06:06 kmkale #info I have visited some more hotels and will add that info to the above page over the weekend. Most hotels have agreed to give us approximately 15% discount on the above rates. I will link the form to ICICI banks payment gateway soon so that people can start booking hotel rooms asap. Once we receive payment VPM will book the desired room at the desired hotel for the payer at the discounted rate.
06:06 kmkale #help Need help from people on different continents to compile a list of good flight routes and rates. Will put that up on the conference site once I start receiving info
06:07 kmkale OK. Thats about it on the progress report
06:07 kmkale comments?
06:07 wahanui comments are turned on
06:08 thd Paul's message may raise the issue of having a weekend break for resting prior to the hackfest but it may not be clearly articulated in the email message.
06:08 SpaceLibrarian_home the question of the hackfest was raised at the Wednesday meeting. It was queried whether there was going to be a weekend break between the conference and the hackfest
06:09 thd paul had raised the issue at the previous general meeting.
06:09 kmkale the conference ends on a wednesday
06:09 SpaceLibrarian_home also, numbers of attendees, languages and streams
06:10 kmkale so t6he question is what do we do on Thu, Fri?
06:10 thd Ending on a Wednesday. hmmm ...
06:10 kmkale 31st Oct is Monday
06:10 kmkale Conference ends 2nd November which is Wednesday
06:10 thd kmkale: yes I think that is the question or something like that
06:11 SpaceLibrarian_home yes. how much of a break between conference end and hackfestr
06:11 kmkale So I had proposed that we do a break on Thursday
06:11 SpaceLibrarian_home and how long for the hackfest
06:11 kmkale we are planning a day trip to Mumbai if there is interest
06:11 thd At least a one day break seems sensible for travelers.
06:11 Brooke_ there will be, I'd wager
06:11 SpaceLibrarian_home hey Brooke! And yes, I believe there will be
06:11 cait left #koha
06:12 kmkale and do th hackfest Friday and Saturday atleast the learning stream and maybe developer stream in paralllel in a separate room
06:12 kmkale also developers who want to sttay on can take a break on Sunday and continue from Monday
06:12 thd Of course, rest means excursions which are not strictly Koha :))
06:12 kmkale for may be 2 / 3 day eh?
06:12 kmkale that was my thinking
06:13 SpaceLibrarian_home thd? What do yo think?
06:13 kmkale but this is for the developer community to decide and finalize on
06:14 SpaceLibrarian_home sounds plausible, but I won't be there for the hackfest. :)
06:15 thd I do not have a company with customers clamouring for my attention for which to be responsible, therefore, my thought may have less weight than some others.
06:15 kmkale we seem to be missing most of the key developers today
06:15 SpaceLibrarian_home it is a Friday with a major release in a few days time
06:16 SpaceLibrarian_home and a string freeze about to happen
06:16 kmkale so shall we say I will push this back on the mailing list?
06:16 thd kmkale: You sent a reminder of the meeting but this hour may be a little early for some people.
06:17 SpaceLibrarian_home or a little late on a Friday evening for others. :)
06:17 thd yes
06:17 kmkale thd: I know but we had decided on 8hr rotation for these meetings
06:17 thd kmkale: I think that a strict 8 hours is a mistake.
06:17 SpaceLibrarian_home this came up on Wednesday as well.
06:17 SpaceLibrarian_home don't worry about it, kmkale
06:18 thd See my email for the issue concerning the general meeting times.
06:18 kmkale thd yeh I know.
06:18 SpaceLibrarian_home right, moving on.  Themes and streams? How's the promotion for the conference going? Are you going to present theme ideas for submission.
06:18 kmkale Theams and streams. Good any suggestions?
06:19 Brooke_ I was fond of the single stream in NZ
06:19 SpaceLibrarian_home you were saying something about engaging librarians earlier.
06:19 kmkale Last meeting I had suggested learning Koha both for librarians and developers as a theme
06:19 thd Were there themes previously?
06:19 SpaceLibrarian_home And a single stream is far less complicated.
06:19 kmkale as there is very high interest in Koha in India
06:19 SpaceLibrarian_home also good for recording purposes
06:20 SpaceLibrarian_home and I like the librarian-focused idea. Especially if you want to engage them in using it.
06:20 thd Multiple streams requires more recording equipment.
06:20 kmkale So far we have not specified anything beyond whats there in the call for papers. Should we?
06:20 Brooke_ nope
06:20 SpaceLibrarian_home it may make getting submissions easier
06:20 Brooke_ > creativity the better
06:20 SpaceLibrarian_home who knows.
06:21 kmkale This also brings up the topic on the agenda How to handle paper / abstract submissions.
06:21 SpaceLibrarian_home also how much of this conference is going to be to a non-English speaking audience?
06:21 kmkale who will review them?
06:21 SpaceLibrarian_home I"m happy to.
06:21 SpaceLibrarian_home Do we have guidelines though?
06:22 kmkale space_librarian: most will be very well conversant in english
06:22 * slef = MJ Ray,
06:22 SpaceLibrarian_home excellent.
06:22 SpaceLibrarian_home we were wondering about the plausibility of a hindi stream if necessary today around the office, that's why I ask.
06:22 thd We had many streams at KohaCon 2009 in the US which made choosing a little difficult but there was a huge wealth of material presented.
06:23 kmkale so far we have only a single paper abstract submitted
06:23 kmkale should I start worrying about getting people to present just yet?
06:23 SpaceLibrarian_home which is why I was asking about the promotion
06:23 SpaceLibrarian_home have you invited keynotes?
06:23 kmkale nope
06:24 SpaceLibrarian_home And have you posted the CFP on several different conference alert sites?
06:24 kmkale yep
06:24 kmkale at-least on several library related mailing lists
06:24 kmkale If you can suggest some conference alert sites will do it later today
06:24 SpaceLibrarian_home try something like
06:25 kmkale ok
06:25 kmkale #action kmkale to post CFP at conference alerts sites
06:25 thd kmkale: Active recruiting of notable library science / free software people may help develop interest even where they are not focussed on Koha.
06:25 kmkale thd: I have invited Wikimedia people. I know someone on the board
06:25 SpaceLibrarian_home yes. So open source lists and library lists
06:26 kmkale I have also posted the CFP on local Linux and FOSS mailing lists
06:26 Brooke_ this is a neat site, though they needs chop the past date stuff
06:26 Brooke_
06:26 kmkale Do we have some suggestions as to Keynote ?
06:26 slef SpaceLibrarian_home: know any other conference alert sites?
06:26 SpaceLibrarian_home so you may want to populate the conference page with more information to engage with interested parties too.
06:27 thd kmkale: Active recruiting often requires a more personal touch than mere posting of a message.
06:27 SpaceLibrarian_home I'll dig around. I'm used to the English Lit CFP sites, so I'll see what I can do
06:27 slef SpaceLibrarian_home: thanks
06:28 SpaceLibrarian_home slef: CILIP's branches usually don't do too badly, but it doesn't appear to be all that unified...
06:28 kmkale thd: I was hoping we will have enough stuff from Koha community.
06:28 kmkale In fact the initial discussions led us to believe we may have to arrange for multiple parallel sessions
06:28 SpaceLibrarian_home re: Keynotes. Again, depends on what sort of theme you want to run with for the conference.
06:29 thd kmkale: Yes, maybe but everyone needs personal proding.
06:29 slef SpaceLibrarian_home: that makes me think of an idea.
06:29 thd kmkale: I am a firm believer in the telephone.
06:29 kmkale thd: Ok. Will take that up. But then the question is who to go after?
06:29 slef kmkale: can you send me a link to a CFP? Then I will send it to LIS-LINK (big UK library list)
06:29 Brooke_ *sneeze* Krishnan *sneeze*
06:30 slef nengard! :)
06:30 kmkale slef:[…]k11/schedConf/cfp
06:30 slef kmkale: ta
06:30 slef #link[…]k11/schedConf/cfp
06:31 kmkale ok so things we are still undecided on 1) Hackfest duration and organization 2) Themes / Streams for main Conference 3) Keynote
06:31 kmkale do we need 2?
06:31 thd kmkale: Perhaps you do not know the people but ask librarians, other programmers who may know people.
06:31 SpaceLibrarian_home 2, you may want a catchy motto
06:32 SpaceLibrarian_home and leave it at that
06:32 Brooke_ 1) sounded pretty well sorted to me
06:32 kmkale If there is no suggestion from the Koha community, we have a couple of names in Library Science from India in mind for the keynote
06:32 Brooke_ 2) you figure out based on the number of suckers, err presenters that come forward
06:32 slef I think someone may have emailed me suggestions
06:32 kmkale Brooke_: care to summarize for 1?
06:32 Brooke_ thought you said
06:33 Brooke_ conference
06:33 Brooke_ a day off
06:33 Brooke_ hackfest
06:33 SpaceLibrarian_home what she said!
06:33 kmkale I did too :)
06:33 SpaceLibrarian_home hackfest sounds good.
06:33 SpaceLibrarian_home nice and simple and straightforward
06:33 thd kmkale: One of my reason for wanting to come to any particular place is to learn about library science and free software work in that place not necessarily Koha related.
06:33 SpaceLibrarian_home no need to sweat the fine print, really.
06:34 slef can we ask cait / kf if Beate Rusch (;[…]nen/beate_rusch/) and Dr. Thorsten Koch ( would be good ideas?
06:34 kmkale Brooke_ will make a dictator out of me yet
06:34 kmkale about hackfest the question of duration is still undecided IMHO
06:34 SpaceLibrarian_home you need to be a dictator when organising a conference.
06:35 thd kmkale: Once I have taken the trouble and expense to go somewhere the longer the better.
06:35 * Brooke_ considers a post south of the Equator...
06:35 Brooke_ yeah
06:36 thd paul raises the longer the better after the expense of going point in his message about the hackfest.
06:36 kmkale about keynote and presentations I would love to see people stepping forward and putting names in the hat
06:36 Brooke_ I think folks are prone to overstay hackfest so I wouldn't worry too much about that given a friendly open wifi connection
06:36 SpaceLibrarian_home yes re: hackfest, but also the whole needing-to-work-thing came up
06:36 Brooke_ I pestered Krishnan over email, but haven't got a response.
06:36 Brooke_ I wanted to see whether he planned to attend
06:37 Brooke_ so I'd know if we might sucker him into presenting
06:37 kmkale After the conference for the hackfest place and wi-fi I can guarranty
06:37 kmkale so stay as long as you want
06:38 slef Yeah, each extra day is either extra cost which needs to be taken from clients or holiday. Love you all, but a hackfest is not (should not be?) holiday.
06:38 kmkale thd, slef space_librarian Brooke_ are ye all going to present at the conference?
06:38 SpaceLibrarian_home if work allows, and I get a paper in and accepted, yes.
06:38 * kmkale guesses its better to go after individuals
06:38 slef kmkale: I haven't made the numbers add up yet, sorry.
06:38 * Brooke_ is actually quite boring.
06:39 * SpaceLibrarian_home doesn't believe Brooke
06:39 thd I intent to be present.  The only limitation is being certain to have done enough work to afford the excursion.
06:39 kmkale Request you all to put in some presentations ideas into the cfp link
06:39 thd I will probably not make a very early reservation.
06:40 kmkale also follow up any interesting people you may know who will
06:40 thd I will think about an RDA-linked data presentation.
06:41 slef I'd be quite interested to know how much kohacon adds to vendor prices, but that's commercially-sensitive data :)
06:41 kmkale #action Kohacon volunteers to start contacting people about presenting at the Kohacon11 particularly Keynote
06:41 thd slef: :)
06:41 SpaceLibrarian_home slef: :)
06:42 SpaceLibrarian_home also, although money may be an issue for them...
06:42 slef I'll exchange that info for kohacon10 with most other vendors. Ask me.
06:42 SpaceLibrarian_home look at the South Pacific libraries, several are running Koha
06:42 slef (as a %)
06:42 kmkale from past kohacon experience, can someone tell me how we are doing as far as getting people to present?
06:43 SpaceLibrarian_home it may be interesting to see if they could talk about it
06:43 kmkale is it too early yet or should we be worrying?
06:43 Brooke_ it's too early
06:43 thd SpaceLibrarian_home: Do you know about the speaker lead time from past conferences?
06:44 SpaceLibrarian_home not quite sure I follow?
06:44 thd SpaceLibrarian_home: Do you know how long in advance of the conference speakers were procured in the past?
06:44 slef SpaceLibrarian_home: I can't see them on[…]a_Users_Worldwide (maybe I look in the wrong place?) so do you have contact info?
06:45 SpaceLibrarian_home usually within 4-6 months for other conferences i've organised. That way, you use them as a draw card.
06:45 SpaceLibrarian_home rangi should have the contact info somewhere. And the wiki needs to be updated, badly.
06:47 kmkale Anything else to discuss?
06:47 SpaceLibrarian_home I'll get the info for you from the office on Monday. I have to email them anyway
06:47 SpaceLibrarian_home not that I can think of
06:47 kmkale date & time for next meeting?
06:48 thd kmkale: It is too early to worry but the earlier you start, the easier.  Also, having backup or substitute speakers in case some do not appear is important.
06:48 kmkale thanks thd
06:48 kmkale will start working in that
06:48 kmkale We would really love to have an international Keynote speaker for Kohacon
06:48 thd s/not appear/not appear or have a late change of mind or schedule/
06:49 kmkale Please let me have suggestions and contact info. And I will start personal touch with them
06:49 SpaceLibrarian_home you could try Jo Ransom, she's look at the future of libraries at the moment
06:49 Brooke_ he heh
06:50 Brooke_ em
06:50 Brooke_ requires sponsorship
06:50 Brooke_ but ye didn't hear that from me
06:50 Brooke_ cause I said naught of the sort.
06:50 SpaceLibrarian_home yes, I was just putting a name out there, I say nothing else...
06:51 Brooke_ Oz is stealing her just before conference
06:51 kmkale Anyone has a name in mind for Kaynote / presentation please email me contact info
06:51 Brooke_ thought I suppose
06:51 Brooke_ even if she stays home
06:51 SpaceLibrarian_home is this the ALIA conference?
06:51 Brooke_ we could twist her arm to present from afar.
06:51 SpaceLibrarian_home we could try
06:52 SpaceLibrarian_home anyway. where were we? oh... meeting time for the next one...?
06:52 kmkale yep date & time for next meeting?
06:53 Guillaume joined #koha
06:53 SpaceLibrarian_home may 4?
06:54 * SpaceLibrarian_home throws out a date and runs
06:54 slef That's also Day against DRM :)
06:54 kmkale timewise for me anything from 4:00UTC to 19:00UTC makes sense
06:54 thd 4 May is good
06:54 kmkale but I can make it anytime we decide
06:55 SpaceLibrarian_home how about 8UTC? Not as early as now
06:55 thd UTC 19 has historic good participation for general meetings.
06:55 kmkale lets have the americans and the europeans in here next time
06:55 Brooke_ oi@
06:55 kmkale so decide a time accordingly
06:55 SpaceLibrarian_home hahaha. yeah. a little early for us
06:55 francharb joined #koha
06:55 Brooke_ there are two yanks, thanks :P
06:55 SpaceLibrarian_home and a kiwi
06:56 slef erm, and a europena
06:56 SpaceLibrarian_home :)
06:56 francharb hello all
06:56 slef who clearly isn't awake enough to ytpe
06:56 kmkale slef: :)
06:56 SpaceLibrarian_home :)
06:56 thd UTC 19 is very good for the US but a little late for Europe.
06:56 Brooke_ hi francharb
06:56 francharb 0/ Brooke
06:56 SpaceLibrarian_home and very early for australiasia
06:56 slef not sure where the lot in France are... they get up earlier than Brits
06:57 thd A little earlier than 19 would be better for Europe but would exclude Oceania
06:58 kmkale by the 8 hr thing it will be 14:00
06:58 Brooke_ poifect
06:58 SpaceLibrarian_home utc?
06:58 kmkale yep 4th May 14:00 UTC?
06:58 SpaceLibrarian_home you want us up at 2am?
06:59 thd UTC 14 is not good for Ocieania
06:59 SpaceLibrarian_home I'll see just how much I love you guys,
06:59 kmkale space_librarian: it will be like that for someone sometime :(
06:59 thd s/Oceania/NZ/
06:59 slef SpaceLibrarian_home: we're up at 3am next general meeting IIRC
06:59 SpaceLibrarian_home yeah, I know. rule of thumb, we;re 12 hours ahead of utc
06:59 SpaceLibrarian_home yeah true.
06:59 SpaceLibrarian_home we did decide to be evil with that
07:00 SpaceLibrarian_home I can be up at 2am for you lot.
07:00 hdl joined #koha
07:00 Brooke_ I feel the <3
07:00 kmkale space_librarian++
07:00 SpaceLibrarian_home which may be the day before you have to be up at 3am for us
07:00 Brooke_ 0/ hdl
07:00 SpaceLibrarian_home :)
07:00 sophie_m joined #koha
07:00 kmkale so decided then? 4th May 14:00 UTC ??
07:00 SpaceLibrarian_home 4 May, 14:00 UTC sounds good to me
07:00 thd I will try to be awake at any hour but I do not expect that of others.
07:01 kmkale #action Next Kohacon11 volunteers meeting on 4th May 2011 14:00 UTC
07:01 kmkale #endmeeting
07:01 huginn Meeting ended Fri Apr  8 07:02:30 2011 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
07:01 huginn Minutes:[…]-04-08-06.00.html
07:01 huginn Minutes (text):[…]1-04-08-06.00.txt
07:01 huginn Log:  […]08-06.00.log.html
07:01 Brooke_ right
07:01 Brooke_ bid!
07:01 Brooke_ left #koha
07:02 kmkale Have to run too. BBL
07:02 SpaceLibrarian_home ciao. Time for dinner. cya
07:02 SpaceLibrarian_home left #koha
07:04 thd slef: see my message to mailing list about sparing you UTC 2 for general meetings.
07:04 slef thd: I wouldn't: someone gets it in the clock each month.
07:05 thd slef: yes, but interested people are not equally distributed throughout the globe.
07:06 slef thd: has anyone mapped them?
07:06 thd slef: interest is bunched in particular regions.
07:06 thd slef: I have very roughly.
07:06 slef I thought it was four bunches? approx -0500, +0200, +0900 and +1200
07:07 thd slef: somethng very like that.
07:07 thd ByWater is in UTC -8
07:08 slef oh I thought they were spread -8 to -4
07:08 thd Kansas and Texas are somewhere between UTC -8 and -5
07:09 thd UTC -4 is Brazil and Argentina
07:09 julian joined #koha
07:10 slef no summer time?
07:10 thd I ignored summer time for simplification :)
07:11 adnc joined #koha
07:11 thd s/-4/-3/
07:12 kmkale left #koha
07:12 slef aaanyway
07:12 thd slef: my suggestion for times recommends adjustment for local seasonal variation
07:12 slef so are there times that fit in with all of those zones? I'll look at the mail :)
07:13 slef was it sent in the last 24h?
07:13 thd slef:Yes, sent yesterday
07:13 thd to the koha list
07:13 slef ok, I've not seen it yet, but that's why
07:14 slef (the other possible reason was that I use Lingua::EN::Summarize on a lot of emails to reduce them to 750 characters or less)
07:15 thd There are not really times which fit everyone but there are times which fit more people than other times.
07:15 paul_p joined #koha
07:15 magnuse joined #koha
07:15 thd This was definitely more than 750 characters yet very short by my standard.
07:15 slef[…]p.misc.koha/24228
07:16 thd yes
07:17 thd slef: I basically argue against optimising for underpopulated coral atolls or strict arithmetical clock division.
07:19 slef thd: but coral atolls are so pretty!
07:20 thd slef: Yes but they have very limited internet connectivity :)
07:23 clrh hello everyone
07:24 thd hellp clrh
07:24 thd clrh: Would you like to give a presentation in Thane?
07:26 clrh I didn't think about this
07:26 thd clrh: Not enough people are thinking about this.
07:27 thd clrh: We just had a special meeting about encouraging people to think about it.
07:27 thd clrh:[…]k11/schedConf/cfp
07:34 hdl thd: what subject are you thinking of ?
07:34 hdl solr ?
07:34 wahanui it has been said that solr is fast
07:34 hdl solr is great
07:34 hdl wahanui: solr is great
07:34 wahanui ...but solr is fast...
07:35 thd hdl: Yes that is what I was thinking that someone from BibLibre should present.
07:35 hdl ah... bots
07:36 hdl well we could present also Plack and Memcached and so on...
07:36 thd hdl: Present them all :)
07:36 thd hdl: The schedule is empty now.
07:36 hdl maybe a little bit too technical
07:37 thd hdl: kmkale is concerned that more people than just one signify some intention of making presentations.
07:37 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6130] Letters: Fixing Subject encoding <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6130>
07:38 thd hdl: You can save Plack and Memcached for the developer sessions.
07:38 hdl thd : I may make a presentation to invite ppl and forces to join  the community
07:39 hdl kind of How to help
07:39 hdl How to get in.
07:39 thd hdl: However, Solr need not be a technical presentation.
07:39 thd s/technical/overly technical/
07:39 hdl thd: yes... But leaving that to clrh ;)
07:39 thd hdl: exactly :)
07:40 clrh Solr can be a technical one... or not - or both
07:40 hdl thd: but some other folks, and librarians (Brooke, or Jransom) should/could be better placed than me to invite organisations, and federate forces.
07:40 thd clrh: The host is a technical institute.
07:42 thd kmkale had been a little uncertain how to encourage people to participate for presentations.
07:42 clrh ok thd maybe, but attendees are from differents backgrounds
07:42 thd clrh: Yes, that is true.
07:43 thd clrh: I think that at KohaCon 2009 in the US there was most interest in some technical how-to's
07:44 thd clrh: Librarians seemed very interested in JavaScript magic for the OPAC which owen demonstrated and SQL reports which nengard demonstrated.
07:44 clrh and not searching?
07:45 * clrh is trying to understands patches from Srdjan - does he "frequent" the chan?
07:45 thd clrh: No one presented anything about searching that I remember at KohaCon 2009.
07:46 * thd does not frequent the channel enough lately to know who frequents #koha
07:46 clrh ok, nevermind - I have to think about this but nothing sure for the moment
07:46 cait joined #koha
07:47 * thd sleeps
07:47 thd is now known as thd-away
07:47 magnuse bonjour cait & #koha
07:47 cait bonjour #koha
07:47 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6131] (unimarc only) improper index name for personal-name <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6131>
08:22 alex_a rangi: around ?
08:23 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6133] Authorised values administration, warn for modifs <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6133>
08:29 cait hm.
08:29 cait I want to take back my last sign-off
08:45 alex_a In which component can i put a bug related to ILSDI in bugzilla ?
08:46 cait hm, can someone check the helf files on master?
08:49 hdl alex_a: in OPAC
08:49 alex_a hdl: thx
08:50 hdl an External services Component should be better.
08:52 alex_a it should be ...
08:53 cait perhaps a new category should be added
08:53 cait you could drop chris a mail about that
08:53 alex_a Why not a ILSDI component ?
08:56 magnuse or a "Web services" component to match the tabs in the sysprefs editor...
08:56 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6134] rename ILS-DI:Authorized_IPs. it was wrong written <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6134>
08:57 * clrh signed off bug 5579 a big one - don't hesitate to have a look
08:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5579 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, ASSIGNED, Remove items from biblioitems.marcxml
08:57 magnuse clrh++
08:57 clrh :)
08:58 cait clrh++
08:58 alex_a clrh: \o/
09:00 cait clrh: have so sent in a patch or small bugfix yet?
09:06 clrh cait:[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5904
09:06 huginn Bug 5904: enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED, members improvements (Independant branches behaviour)
09:06 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5904] members improvements (Independant branches behaviour) <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5904>
09:10 clrh and maybe cait one day, you will see some work on solr integration from me and others ;)
09:48 hdl clrh++
10:05 Oak left #koha
10:07 druthb joined #koha
10:17 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6070] On a new order defined from suggestion some fields were missing. <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6070>
10:28 cait kmkale: around?
10:28 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6139] Automatic incrementation of call number does not work if given prefix contains a ' <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6139>
10:32 mib_r85k57 joined #koha
10:32 mib_r85k57 Hi!
10:34 mib_r85k57 First of all let introduce myself... my name is Vitor Fernandes and working with one portuguese library in order to customize Koha and use it
10:35 cait @later tell kmkale there is a small typo on the cfp site: 'expect to have Interest access'
10:35 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
10:35 mib_r85k57 you can see the progress here
10:36 druthb Very attractive catalog page, Vitor.  :)   Welcome to #koha.
10:38 mib_r85k57 but I'm having a problem in the Staff Client. With any user I can't schedule task
10:38 cait hm, yes
10:38 cait It's a security/permission problem
10:39 cait I think the koha user needs permission to write/execute something but this is not seen as a secure way of doing it?
10:39 * cait remembers it was something like that
10:39 druthb The task scheduler is a known problem (see community Bug 1554 and Bug 1993 ), and it needs to be redone.
10:39 slef man at should tell you
10:39 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1554 enhancement, P3, ---, chris, NEW, Couple of issues with task scheduler
10:39 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1993 enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, Task Scheduler Needs Re-write
10:40 hdl mib_r85k57: you have to add /etc/at.allow
10:40 mib_r85k57 and add the username in that file?
10:41 slef mib_r85k57: yes, I think so
10:43 mib_r85k57 ok i will try it... :)
10:44 mib_r85k57 I've also another problem that I've asked a few minutes ago in the Koha mailing list which is a problem with the label item search by dates
10:46 mib_r85k57 I'm using Zebra for indexation... and I saw in the code that the search is done by a ccl query with date = acqdate
10:46 mib_r85k57 I think that acqdate is a field of Zebra right?
10:50 conan joined #koha
10:51 conan hi everybody
10:53 mib_r85k57 I've tested to add the username to the at.allow but it didn't work :(
10:53 cait have to leave
10:53 cait goodbye all1
10:53 slef mib_r85k57: do you have a link to your list explanation of the scheduling problem?
10:54 magnuse left #koha
10:55 mib_r85k57 the error in the koha-errors.log is: You do not have permissions to use atq. http://localhost:8888/cgi-bin/[…]ools/
10:55 cait left #koha
10:56 mib_r85k57 *koha-error_log
10:56 mib_r85k57 and the message that appears in the Staff Client is "Failed to add scheduled task"
10:58 mib_r85k57 the error ocurres in the method add_at_job in C4::Scheduler
10:58 slef ok, so I will run man atq
10:59 slef so you have created /etc/at.allow with the apache-running User in it?
11:00 slef and do you have an /etc/at.deny ?
11:00 slef mib_r85k57: ^^
11:00 mib_r85k57 the file at.deny is empty... the file at.allow was created by me
11:01 slef and it contains the username from the User line in your apache config?
11:02 mib_r85k57 contains the name of the user of the Web Server.... which is the same of one user of the SO
11:03 mib_r85k57 e.g. vfernandes
11:05 slef mib_r85k57: so if you ps aux | grep 'apache\|httpd', it says vfernandes as the user?
11:05 slef (at the start of the line)
11:06 mib_r85k57 root
11:06 mib_r85k57 it says root
11:09 slef mib_r85k57: for all of them? That seems odd :-/
11:09 slef mib_r85k57: what operating system? All from packages?
11:09 mib_r85k57 root or www-data.... Ubuntu 10.10 apache2
11:10 slef right, I think it is www-data that runs your koha then
11:10 slef so that is what you would need to add to at.allow
11:10 mib_r85k57 ok... adding it now
11:10 slef but I am not sure if running as both www-data and cronjobs as vfernandes may cause problems elsewhere
11:11 mib_r85k57 I've to restart any service after chaging the file?
11:13 mib_r85k57 omg it worked :P
11:13 mib_r85k57 thank you very much for the help slef
11:16 mib_r85k57 but there isn't sending the result to the correct email :S
11:17 druthb left #koha
11:17 slef mib_r85k57: no problems.  You know where I am if you want to hire me ;-)
11:17 mib_r85k57 i'm not the boss :P
11:18 slef mib_r85k57: what isn't sending the result to the correct email?
11:18 slef mib_r85k57: if koha, it's in the system preferences; if cron/at, then it's in the mail-transport-agent setup.
11:21 mib_r85k57 it is sending to www-data@teste.local
11:21 mib_r85k57 teste.local it's set in the postfix
11:33 adnc left #koha
11:35 jwagner joined #koha
11:35 slef mib_r85k57: cron is sending it to that? Sounds like a system problem, not koha.
11:38 mib_r85k57 looks like... i will try to solve it later
11:38 mib_r85k57 thanks slef :)
11:39 slef mib_r85k57: no problems. Tell your boss it'd be cheaper to hire the co-op than spend your time on it ;-)
11:39 mib_r85k57 eheheh :)
11:53 gmcharlt good morning
11:54 druthb joined #koha
12:05 mib_r85k57 left #koha
12:06 paul_p hackfest is slowly seing hackers leaving...
12:06 paul_p magnus & cait on their way back home...
12:08 paul_p gmcharlt, to answer your question about french law = yes, it applies.
12:08 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6142] CanBookBeReserved function is redefined in C4/ILSDI/ <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6142> / [Bug 5683] can corrupt records <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5683>
12:08 paul_p (and yes, parliament sometimes votes stupid laws. i think it's the same everywere...)
12:09 gmcharlt stupid laws?  perish the thought! ;)
12:11 oleonard joined #koha
12:13 gmcharlt paul_p: so in principle, libraries in France would be obligated to release patron account and password informatin?
12:14 paul_p gmcharlt, not to release, but to have it available at judge request.
12:14 gmcharlt right
12:14 gmcharlt oy
12:14 gmcharlt I hope it gets overturned
12:14 paul_p note that everything about patron activity is available in Koha, without the user password. So I think it's enough
12:24 tcohen joined #koha
12:28 AmitG left #koha
12:28 oleonard What is the reason for bug 6143?
12:28 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6143 enhancement, P5, ---, oleonard, NEW, New feature: capability to limit the RSS results
12:37 sekjal joined #koha
12:40 druthb Hello, Ian. :)
12:40 sekjal good morning, druthb!
12:40 hdl oleonard: because it would kill performance and overload reader.
12:41 oleonard Which RSS results are we talking about hdl?
12:42 hdl those from opac/rss/ (i.e. coming out of SQL search)
12:42 tcohen hi, I have a question on unimarc authorities (hierachies stuff)
12:43 hdl tcohen:listening.
12:44 tcohen I posted a patch (recently) for to handle non-existent authids consistently
12:44 tcohen the patch does not apply anymore
12:44 tcohen the thing is
12:44 tcohen we had: my $authtypecode = &GetAuthTypeCode($authid)
12:44 tcohen the first use of authid
12:44 tcohen so I checked
12:45 tcohen if (defined $authtypecode) ...
12:45 tcohen the patch does not apply because a recent commit put:
12:45 tcohen # Using default authtypecode, so all fields are seen
12:45 tcohen my $authtypecode = '';
12:45 tcohen $tagslib = &GetTagsLabels(1,$authtypecode);
12:46 tcohen what can I test in the case of hierachies
12:47 tcohen to know if the authid is invalid?
12:47 alex_a oleonard: also it allows to have most results in rss page than there is in the opac results, and sorts them by acquisition date
12:50 tcohen SELECT authif FROM  auth_header where authid=?; is a valid check for hierachies?
12:51 tcohen s/authif/authid/
12:53 tcohen is now known as tomascohen
12:53 tomascohen is now known as tcohen
12:57 jwagner gmcharlt, online?
12:57 BobB left #koha
12:57 gmcharlt jwagner: yes
12:58 jwagner Thanks much for the fix on Bug 6102!  It got my site happy again :-)
12:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6102 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, RESOLVED FIXED, Bib record log viewer displaying wrong biblionumber entries
12:58 jwagner gmcharlt++
12:58 gmcharlt jwagner: you're welcome
12:59 sekjal left #koha
12:59 sekjal joined #koha
13:02 hdl sekjal: if you want to test bug_5872 it is on koha-biblibre repository on wip/bug5872 (admin/ enhancements)
13:03 sekjal thanks, hdl!
13:03 tcohen hdl: will SELECT authid FROM  auth_header where authid=?; be a valid test for unimarc auth hierachies?
13:03 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5724] Sometimes deletes aren't processed correctly by rebuild zebra <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5724>
13:05 hdl tcohen: yes... But I havenot read your patch so I donot know your context.
13:05 hdl Any link to the patch you sent ?
13:05 tcohen[…]hment.cgi?id=3194
13:10 hdl tcohen: GetAuthority($authid) is returning undef if authority $authid is undefined or has a problem
13:10 briceSanc joined #koha
13:10 hdl could be used.
13:10 briceSanc Hello all !
13:11 tcohen hdl: that's right, but it is called only if not in hierachies context
13:11 hdl hi briceSanc
13:11 hdl could be called before.
13:11 hdl authority will be decoded twice.
13:11 tcohen the problem I have is that I've no idea what hierachies are :-D
13:11 tcohen maybe y can make a new function for checking authid is valid
13:13 briceSanc i would like to show you our new top "toolbar" for the Opac, in case you want to take the idea :
13:13 hdl Say You have authid 1 Europe Specific Term authid 2 France, authid 2 France Specific Term authid 3 Paris Generic Term authid 1 Europe, authid 3 Paris Generic term authid 2
13:13 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5630] CAS improvements <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5630> / [Bug 4888] pre-set of field indicators value <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4888>
13:13 hdl idea is to see the hierarchy
13:14 tcohen i get it
13:14 tcohen if I test for the 'original' authid
13:14 tcohen i wont catch invalid referenced authid errors, right?
13:15 hdl mmm I think.
13:16 tcohen right now we might be showing "incomplete" auth hierachies
13:16 Ahmuck joined #koha
13:18 tcohen $parentrecord is not tested in BuildUnimarcHierarchies
13:18 tcohen ufff
13:19 tcohen (and not used either?         my $parentrecord = GetAuthority($subfauthid);)
13:23 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5713] Intranet - Circulation - Fines : debug calculation when fines are reversed then re-payed <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5713>
13:28 tcohen hi wizzyrea: in the coding guidelines there's no info on naming for subs that test an object exists
13:28 tcohen AuthExists ?
13:30 tcohen #koha: is <Object>Exists (be <Object> Auth for example) a valid sub naming
13:31 tcohen ?
13:37 wizzyrea tcohen: I believe I moved those from the old wiki, I didn't write them
13:37 tcohen ok
13:39 sekjal having some problems with Authority searching on current HEAD
13:39 sekjal I know a lot of work has been done in that area recently
13:39 sekjal anyone have any insights?
13:39 tcohen i just know my error handling patches don't apply anymore :-P
13:41 sekjal hmmm... ok, if I "Search Authorities" on, I get nothing.  But if I "search Main Heading", I get the correct results
13:53 briceSanc left #koha
13:55 tcohen paul_p: changed status
13:55 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5872] Enhancements to circulation management <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5872> / [Bug 4329] OPAC search by shelving location option <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4329> / [Bug 5166] Refactor into a library <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5166>
13:55 tcohen i won huginn, I won
13:55 paul_p tcohen, thx.
13:56 tcohen paul_p: by the way, how'd you call a function that test if an object exists?
13:56 paul_p tcohen, defined ?
13:57 tcohen AuthDefined?
13:57 tcohen (an object in the database, I mean)
13:57 paul_p tcohen, what is an object in the database ?
13:58 tcohen (SELECT authid FROM  auth_header where authid=?) ? authid : undef
13:58 tcohen (it it was an existent syntax)
13:59 Guillaume left #koha
14:02 matts_away is now known as matts
14:05 sekjal ah, I think I found my problem: authority searching for Heading-Main works for unimarc, but not marc21
14:20 sekjal or not...
14:20 brendan_ heh
14:21 brendan_ sorry sekjal - was hoping you had
14:26 sekjal well, somehow there is a problem with Heading-Main
14:26 sekjal because if I search just Heading, it works fine
14:26 conan one quick question: is 3.2 frozen for new enhancenments ? should they go straight to 3.4 ?
14:27 oleonard conan: 3.6. 3.4 is frozen for new enhancements (features) too.
14:27 oleonard 3.4 is bug-fixes only now.
14:33 mib_jiz4qi joined #koha
14:33 mib_jiz4qi Hi there.
14:33 mib_jiz4qi Can anybody help me configure the Zebra as a daemon on OpenSUSE
14:34 mib_jiz4qi I'll be aprecciated
14:35 conan oleonard: so 3.2 is for bug fixes too
14:35 oleonard conan: Yes
14:36 tcohen oleonard: the check for invalid records, should go before your
14:36 tcohen if($query->cookie("holdfor")){ , right?
14:36 tcohen i'm fixing the patches as they don't apply anymore :-D
14:37 tcohen s/invalid/non-existent/
14:37 oleonard tcohen: Can you elaborate?
14:37 tcohen take
14:37 tcohen my patches checked for the existence of the requested record
14:38 tcohen to catch errors in the staff interface
14:38 tcohen you added a check for 'holds' cookies
14:38 tcohen I am refactoring the patches so they apply
14:38 oleonard Yes, if the whole process is going to abort because the record is invalid then handling the holdfor cookie is pointless.
14:39 tcohen thanks oleonard
14:39 sekjal ah ha!  bug 3072 added Heading-Main support for GRS-1 authorities, but not DOM.
14:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3072 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---,, ASSIGNED, 'Heading-Main' authority-index breaks authority searching in STABLE
14:43 mib_jiz4qi no one can help me?
14:47 wizzyrea few here use openSUSE, even fewer daemonize zebra.
14:47 wizzyrea :(
14:47 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6143] New feature: capability to limit the RSS results <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6143>
14:53 mib_jiz4qi :|
14:54 mib_jiz4qi the problem is that OpenSUSE doesn't have update-rec.d
14:54 tcohen wizzyrea: what do u need in opensuse?
14:54 wizzyrea tcohen: not me, mib_jiz4qi
14:54 tcohen ack
14:56 mib_jiz4qi i read something like use chkconfig
14:56 tcohen yes, you need to create the symlink in /etc/init.d/
14:57 tcohen and use chkconfig to set the runlevels you want it tu run in
14:57 tcohen (3,5)
14:57 mib_jiz4qi I've already done the symlink
14:58 mib_jiz4qi then sudo /usr/sbin/chkconfig --? koha-zebra-daemon??
14:58 tcohen run chkconfig --list
14:58 mib_jiz4qi --level (3,5) ??
14:58 tcohen so you see if everything is right
14:59 tcohen if you created the links
14:59 tcohen you will see them with
15:00 tcohen 0:off  1:off  2:off  3:off  4:off  5:off  6:off
15:00 mib_jiz4qi 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:on 4:off 5:on
15:00 tcohen on their right side
15:00 tcohen exactly
15:00 mib_jiz4qi 3 and 5 are on
15:00 mib_jiz4qi it's that correct?
15:01 tcohen runlevel 3 is the 'state' the operating system yields when started in 'console' mode
15:01 tcohen runlevel 5 is used for graphical login setups
15:02 tcohen so, yes if 3 and 5 are on, then it should be ok
15:02 tcohen rckoha-zebra-daemon start
15:02 tcohen works?
15:03 mib_jiz4qi if I run sudo /etc/init.d/koha-zebra-daemon start.... it fails with the error daemon: command not found
15:06 mib_jiz4qi :/ what's wrong?
15:20 Oak joined #koha
15:20 slef mib_jiz4qi: sounds like you need the daemon package installed.
15:20 slef as in, the package for GNU/linux called daemon
15:21 slef I assume it exists for openSUSE
15:27 francharb bye all
15:27 francharb left #koha
15:29 matts is now known as matts_away
15:29 wizzyrea does koha keep the date an item is withdrawn?
15:29 wizzyrea (and if so, where)
15:30 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6143] New feature: capability to limit the RSS results <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6143>
15:30 oleonard wizzyrea, I don't see how it could. It's just one column in items;
15:30 wizzyrea i have a library who wants to know how many items were withdrawn in the last year
15:31 * oleonard gives "withdrawn" a wide berth
15:31 wizzyrea ^ agreed there
15:31 wizzyrea there are lots of ways to 'withdraw'
15:31 wizzyrea items with withdrawn status?
15:31 wizzyrea items deleted?
15:34 wizzyrea lol dangit. She wants to know how many items they "removed from the catalog using any means"
15:34 wizzyrea dangit is not really the word I want to use.
15:35 alex_a left #koha
15:35 oleonard durnit? dagnabbit?
15:35 druthb The Psychic Module development is waiting for a sponsor.
15:36 wizzyrea do we even keep a trace of deleted items?
15:36 wizzyrea actionlogs I guess
15:36 * wizzyrea shudders thinking about going into actionlogs
15:42 julian left #koha
15:45 tcohen mib_jiz4qi: did you even tried rckoha-zebra-daemon start ?
15:49 tcohen fr the daemon command not found, try replacing 'daemon' for 'startproc' in the init files
15:51 clrh left #koha
16:01 Johnindy joined #koha
16:02 cait joined #koha
16:09 Johnindy_ left #koha
16:12 bg_ joined #koha
16:14 cait left #koha
16:19 bg_ left #koha
16:19 bg left #koha
16:20 bg joined #koha
16:32 wizzyrea derrrrr
16:32 wizzyrea i forgot about deleteditems
16:32 * wizzyrea facepalms
16:33 oleonard deleteditems.timestamp?
16:34 oleonard Works if you actually delete, not if you mark withdrawn and stop there.
16:37 wizzyrea right
16:37 wizzyrea I did them as 2 queries
16:37 wizzyrea i got the withdrawns
16:37 wizzyrea then added them to the deleted ones
16:37 wizzyrea :)
16:37 wizzyrea maths, it works.
16:37 sophie_m left #koha
16:39 sekjal is now known as sekjal_lunch
16:42 mib_jiz4qi left #koha
16:43 paul_p left #koha
16:44 tcohen oleonard: i sent a refactored patch for bug 5791
16:44 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5791 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, tomascohen, ASSIGNED, Robust handling of deleted biblios/authorities
16:47 tcohen is now known as tcohen_lunch
16:54 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5791] Robust handling of deleted biblios/authorities <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5791>
17:18 HBankhead joined #koha
17:20 Oak left #koha
17:25 oleonard sharing_forks_as_downloads--
17:26 conan left #koha
17:36 tcohen_lunch is now known as tcohen
17:43 sekjal_lunch is now known as sekjal
17:44 briceSanc joined #koha
17:45 briceSanc Hi, do you know how works the search sort by relevance ?
17:54 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6150] UNIMARC field 225 plugin: allow $a value data entry <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6150>
18:02 hdl left #koha
18:03 druthb1 joined #koha
18:03 druthb left #koha
18:03 druthb1 is now known as druthb
18:24 tcohen #koha, have a nice weekend
18:25 tcohen oleonard: any fix needed for the patches i posted (that touch the ui) just let me know
18:31 tcohen left #koha
18:32 briceSanc Someone know how works the search results sort by relevance ?
18:33 sekjal briceSanc:  not really
18:33 sekjal different MARC fields are ranked, and a hit within one will increase the records overall rank
18:34 sekjal but the exact mechanism is mysterious to me, and many of us, I believe
18:42 HBankhead left #koha
18:53 briceSanc sekjal, ok i think it is mysterious too...
19:44 briceSanc left #koha
19:45 Ahmuck-Sr joined #koha
19:46 Ahmuck left #koha
19:56 Guillaume joined #koha
20:06 jwagner left #koha
20:12 oleonard left #koha
20:38 druthb left #koha
21:19 rangi morning
21:20 sekjal morning, rangi
21:22 rhcl afternoon
21:56 sekjal okay, I've just about gone cross-eyed looking at AddReturn(), so I think it's time for a rest
21:56 sekjal until later, #koha!
21:56 sekjal left #koha
21:59 magnuse joined #koha
22:19 Johnindy left #koha
22:20 Johnindy joined #koha
22:21 Guillaume left #koha
22:28 rhcl is now known as rhcl_away
22:28 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6104] Modify item looses branch <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6104>
22:28 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6118 - Title-host missing in <[…]9cb99501c32ef21e5> / Merge remote branch 'kc/new/bug_5234' into kcmaster <[…]b0a0f5a9ba400b236> / Fix for Bug 5234 - Remove unused CSS files <[…]mmitdiff;h=846410
22:29 jenkins_koha Starting build 145 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
22:38 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug #6130 - Letters: Fixing Subject encoding <[…]57414dc9da78810d8>
22:38 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6104] Modifying an item causes it to lose its branch <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6104>
22:50 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6108 - Quicksearch in does not display paging correctly <[…]fd3ab1834755733a0> / Bug #6052 - BranchTransfer Limit :Adds a default value <[…]2e00edbe0e6fa396b>
23:02 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: BZ6087: remove duplicate budget link <[…]7946e68f3fa303910> / Fix for Bug 5950 - changing frameworks doesn't change anymore <[…]01c3dd53cc67b3e6f>
23:09 magnuse ooh shiny new commits!
23:10 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #145: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/145/
23:10 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Fix for Bug 5234 - Remove unused CSS files
23:10 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 6118 - Title-host missing in
23:10 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5234 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED, Remove unused CSS files
23:10 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6118 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED, Title-host missing in
23:10 jenkins_koha Starting build 146 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
23:14 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: bug #6053 Improvement of letter HOLD_PRINT <[…]f0d3e92f1ab5d659e>
23:26 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: bug #6054 - Add a filter by active budget on acqui-home <[…]0e90b8407c8140a08> / Bug #6049 - Add a filter by date in <[…]5b4bd58af2714182e>
23:38 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug #6119 - Add biblioitems.itemtype in columns for items.content <[…]a5f9125ab3774677b>
23:48 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 4394 Adding preference definition change to opac.pref <[…]05182bb7679534735> / Bug 4394 REVISED Allow opaccolorstylesheet syspref to use an external URL <[…]2b49bdc3afbcb3f0b> / Merge remote branch 'kc/new/enh/bug_4449' into kcmaster <http://git.koha-comm
23:51 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #146: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/146/
23:51 jenkins_koha * Alex Arnaud: Bug #6130 - Letters: Fixing Subject encoding
23:51 jenkins_koha * Alex Arnaud: Bug #6052 - BranchTransfer Limit :Adds a default value
23:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6130 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, henridamien, NEW, Letters: Fixing Subject encoding
23:51 jenkins_koha * Stéphane Delaune: Bug 6108 - Quicksearch in does not display paging correctly
23:51 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Fix for Bug 5950 - changing frameworks doesn't change anymore
23:51 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: BZ6087: remove duplicate budget link
23:51 jenkins_koha * Sophie Meynieux: bug #6053 Improvement of letter HOLD_PRINT
23:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6052 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, alex.arnaud, ASSIGNED, BranchTransfer Limit :Adds a default value
23:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6108 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, mark.gavillet, ASSIGNED, Quicksearch in does not display paging correctly
23:51 jenkins_koha Starting build 147 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
23:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5950 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED, changing frameworks doesn't change anymore
23:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6053 trivial, PATCH-Sent, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW, Improvement of letter HOLD_PRINT
23:59 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bumping database version <[…]ce570712d1cdb83b7> / Bug 5422: Add missing fields to deletedborrowers and change datatype to text <[…]daf0fd923b39984f7> / Bug 5422: Small layout correction to borrower search result list <

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary