IRC log for #koha, 2022-08-03

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:03 wajasu is that why i saw smtp server configuration? it new
00:14 wajasu what about uucp?
00:14 wajasu just kidding.
01:27 wajasu for all my historical notices with <<biblio.title>> syntax, must i change to [% biblio.title %] or are both substitutions supported?
03:05 caroline_catlady joined #koha
03:31 Oak joined #koha
03:56 Oak joined #koha
04:01 Oak joined #koha
05:38 caroline_crazycatlady joined #koha
06:00 cait joined #koha
06:12 reiveune joined #koha
06:13 fridolin joined #koha
06:14 reiveune hello
06:14 wahanui bidet, reiveune
06:47 cait joined #koha
06:51 cait good morning #koha :)
06:51 cait didier++
09:18 fridolin left #koha
12:00 cait very very quiet today
12:49 paulderscheid[m] Hi #koha
12:51 cait hi paulderscheid[m] :) finally no longer alone here...
12:51 Joubu be little more calm please
12:52 cait more calm?!
12:52 * cait is totally calm
12:53 Joubu compared to others you are not
12:55 JBoyer joined #koha
13:10 oleonard BANG
13:10 reks joined #koha
13:10 * oleonard slamming open the door
13:10 oleonard What's up kids
13:13 reks Greetings, I am trying to find a setting that sends a notification when things are checked in or out to an email as well as overdue notices.
13:14 oleonard reks: Look at Tools -> Overdue notice/status triggers for setting the schedule of overdue notices
13:15 oleonard reks: Notices on check-in or checkout are governed by patron messaging preferences which are set at the patron level
13:15 oleonard reks: See the  EnhancedMessagingPreferences and  EnhancedMessagingPreferencesOPAC system preferences
13:18 reks Okay so in overdue notice/status triggers that is sending an email to the patron or this generic email that a staff member uses?
13:21 oleonard Overdue notices are sent to the patron on a schedule you define, triggered by a cron job you have to set up.
13:24 reks Thank you for your help.
13:28 oleonard Joubu did you investigate the option of using a time-only Flatpickr in the staff interface curbside pickup form?
13:30 oleonard Joubu, cait, I've been working on the style of the OPAC interface: https://snipboard.io/CYbH5d.jpg
13:43 Joubu oleonard: nope
13:44 Joubu that looks great :)
14:01 marcelr joined #koha
14:01 marcelr o/
14:06 cait oleonard: preeetty!
14:07 cait ...and thx for making some noise :) oleonard++
14:11 oleonard Oh, Joubu and cait I should point out that I removed the count of existing pickups from the display in the OPAC. I felt that it wasn't relevant information from the patron's perspective. What do you think?
14:16 Joubu Maybe it was a behaviour from the plugin I've kept. Or me who wanted to add more info. But you might be right, that's not useful for the OPAC user
14:19 oleonard An example with a time disabled because there are too many existing appointments: https://snipboard.io/RQmHn2.jpg
14:21 Joubu do we have a tooltip to explain why it's disabled?
14:22 oleonard I think that's a good idea
14:23 cait i think in staff it makes sense, but as you said, not relevant for the opac user
14:23 cait hm
14:23 cait could it be a use case that a family wants to shcedule multiple at the same time but for different accounts?
14:25 oleonard Even with the count shown there it is theoretically a possibility that someone else is selecting the same time
14:25 cait true
14:26 cait the red cross blood donaton site has a similar interface
14:26 cait they show the number, so you cant ry and schedule with family members for open slots
14:32 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:39 Joubu lot of new ERM enhancements applied on the sandbox today ;)
14:43 cait I wanted to look into KBART; but it's so warm today!
14:45 cait *melting*
14:46 paulderscheid[m] Does someone know how I can use a shared "library" of modules between /var/lib... for the opac stuff and /usr/share... for the main module?
14:46 paulderscheid[m] When using plugins
14:49 cait sorry, no idea - Joubu maybe?
14:50 paulderscheid[m] Also I'd appreciate some help with Koha::Email. I want to send a message to the KohaAdminEmailAdress after a task has been executed. Where can I find an example?
14:51 caroline_crazycatlady with a plugin or within Koha?
14:51 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 31288: Regression tests <https://git.koha-community.org[…]52ccdd4b3f28b3a03>
14:51 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 31288: (QA follow-up) Check userenv in disown_or_delete <https://git.koha-community.org[…]6b7e9c7d37e10e698>
14:51 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 31220: (QA follow-up) Add missing filter <https://git.koha-community.org[…]d55454d333759f599>
14:51 paulderscheid[m] With a plugin
14:51 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 31220: Pass label batch and ids to label-create-pdf <https://git.koha-community.org[…]721fb139ced45a532>
14:51 caroline_crazycatlady I only know the patron emailer plugin that sends emails...
14:51 cait paulderscheid[m]: i think not a lot go to the global address these days, sec
14:52 cait mostly a fallback
14:52 caroline_crazycatlady there is emailLibrarianWhenHoldIsPlaced I think that goes to KohaAdminEmailAddress
14:52 paulderscheid[m] Any full blown example of Koha::Email will work
14:52 cait caroline_crazycatlady: good one caroline
14:53 paulderscheid[m] Not even sure that it's the right module
14:53 cait paulderscheid[m]: are you sure you want kohaadmin?
14:53 cait for us that#s usually only a noreply@
14:53 cait and the real one is in replyto
14:53 Joubu paulderscheid[m]: I don't understand your question. A perl module? from Koha?
14:54 paulderscheid[m] Wait, I'll make a screenshot
14:54 Joubu (your first question)
14:54 cait paulderscheid[m]: i think you could use EnqueueLetter
14:54 cait that uses Koha::Email internally somewhere
14:54 cait https://git.koha-community.org[…]ggestions.pm#L290
14:54 cait that has the fallbacks yo'd probably want - pref, replyToDefault, KohaAdminEmailAddress
14:56 cait youc an also send enqueued immediately - there is a line that needs to be added, the self registration verification mail has it
14:56 paulderscheid[m] Thanks cait
14:58 Joubu paulderscheid[m]: recent example on bug 28787 in Koha/REST/V1/TwoFactorAuth.pm
14:58 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28787 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Signed Off , Send a notice with the TOTP token
14:58 Joubu It's sending a TOTP by email, so generate the notice then send them
14:58 paulderscheid[m] https://snipboard.io/KQgMkB.jpg
14:58 Joubu but indeed there are other examples in the code base (28787 is not pushed yet)
14:59 paulderscheid[m] Thanks Joubu
15:00 Joubu Calendar should not be in "opac"
15:00 cait Joubu: did the original curbside plugin have a shared library somehow?  wonder if I read that somewhere...b ut maybe it was objects
15:00 Joubu it should be Koha::Plugin::...::RoomReservations::Calendar
15:01 paulderscheid[m] Joubu: You're right, I left it until now because I didn't know how to share it
15:01 Joubu the plugin dir is in PERL5LIB, so you can 'use' the module if it's correctly written
15:01 paulderscheid[m] Ok
15:01 paulderscheid[m] I'll try that
15:01 Joubu "package" line must be Koha::Plugin::... following the path
15:05 paulderscheid[m] It just works 0.0
15:05 paulderscheid[m] Thanks again Joubu
15:06 cait Joubu++ # even if he called me loud earlier...
15:07 paulderscheid[m] Joubu++
15:08 paulderscheid[m] I bow to you, sir.
15:17 cait left #koha
15:40 tcohen rmaints: please consider bug 30918 and friends for the next point releases. It is a big deal for several libraries
15:40 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30918 normal, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Pushed to stable , Non-public note is visible in OPAC in Title Notes tab
15:40 tcohen oh, lukeg++
16:09 oleonard Did we lose the ability to log in with a card number or is my system messed up somehow?
16:30 oleonard I'm confused by the outcome of Bug 31138. It appears that this triggers a "Something went wrong when loading the table." error when we try to initialize a DataTable when no table exists.
16:30 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=31138 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Pushed to master , DataTables is not raising error to the end user
16:59 reiveune bye
16:59 reiveune left #koha
18:04 fridolin joined #koha
18:08 fridolin yellow
18:08 fridolin wahanui: yellow
18:08 wahanui fridolin: sorry...
18:08 fridolin no sens of humor ^^
18:11 lukeg joined #koha
18:14 thd joined #koha
18:18 thd tcohen are you present
18:24 bag joined #koha
19:35 tuxayo Does anyone know how to check that a perl lib package is present in our repo?
19:35 tuxayo I don't know how to navigate https://debian.koha-community.org/
20:12 fridolin https://wiki.biblibre.com/pole[…]ludo#fourche_2111
20:12 fridolin oups
20:12 fridolin https://debian.koha-community.[…]ry-amd64/Packages
20:12 fridolin tuxayo: here is an example
20:12 fridolin or you may install the repo and use apt-cache policy
20:51 alexbuckley joined #koha
21:09 thd Is there a meeting now?
21:09 rangi[m] i think so
21:09 davidnind[m] #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 3 August 2022
21:09 huginn` Meeting started Wed Aug  3 21:09:54 2022 UTC.  The chair is davidnind[m]. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
21:09 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:09 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_3_august_2022'
21:09 aleisha joined #koha
21:09 aleisha kia ora!
21:10 davidnind[m] #topic Introductions
21:10 davidnind[m] #info David Nind, New Zealand
21:10 alexbuckley #info Alex Buckley, Catalyst IT NZ
21:10 aleisha #info Aleisha Amohia, Catalyst IT NZ
21:10 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
21:10 rangi[m] #info Chris Cormack, Catalyst IT NZ
21:11 davidnind[m] #chair tuxayo
21:11 huginn` Current chairs: davidnind[m] tuxayo
21:13 cait joined #koha
21:13 davidnind[m] I'll give it another couple of minutes, not sure where everyone is today...
21:14 cait here
21:14 rangi[m] i think katrin is on the way
21:14 rangi[m] hehe see
21:15 cait what a coincidence, noone told me to come here
21:15 rangi[m] heh
21:15 davidnind[m] #topic Announcements
21:16 davidnind[m] Any announcements/events anyone is aware of?
21:16 rangi[m] not from me
21:16 cait oh did we info already?
21:17 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
21:17 rangi[m] we did
21:17 davidnind[m] #info Closing date for registrations for KohaCon22 is 31 August 2022
21:17 davidnind[m] #link https://koha-us.org/events/conferences/kohacon22/
21:18 davidnind[m] #info Closing date for KohaCon23 proposals is 6 September 2022 (none yet) https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]haCon23_Proposals
21:18 davidnind[m] I'll send out a reminder about KohaCon23 proposals this week
21:19 davidnind[m] #topic Update from the Release manager (22.05)
21:20 rangi[m] i need to convince frido to propose tahiti for kohacon23 :)
21:20 davidnind[m] +1
21:20 davidnind[m] Not sure whether tcohen is around, so will skip
21:21 rangi[m] maybe they all turned up yesterday like I did when i read the time wrong :)
21:22 cait I think we messed up the calendar entry a little
21:22 cait so some migh tnot have seen it
21:22 davidnind[m] oops - that is probably my fault...
21:23 cait no, I think we missed that the script didn't work right
21:23 cait not your fault at all
21:24 davidnind[m] I think we should carry on then, anyone got some radical proposals?  🙂
21:24 davidnind[m] #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
21:24 cait ... I am trying, but too tired to come up with something
21:25 davidnind[m] Are any of the release maintainers around, otherwise will skip
21:26 davidnind[m] #info Maintenance releases were released for all supported versions, was also a security release as well
21:27 davidnind[m] #topic Updates from the QA team
21:28 cait oh sorry
21:28 cait not much new, just the usual: numbers in the queues are a bit high, but we are working on it an dther ehas been movement
21:28 cait we had some big patches pushed
21:28 cait item bundles, curbside pickups, patrons being able to cancel waiting holds
21:29 rangi[m] oh cool
21:29 davidnind[m] nice!
21:29 cait summer holidays on this half of the globe and Joubu leaving very soon now will mean less QA'ers for quite a while
21:29 cait hope the remaining can step up their game a bit (including me) :)
21:29 cait join the QA team, we have cookies!
21:30 cait (ok... the cookies are jus software cookies... but join anyway!)
21:30 davidnind[m] 🍪
21:30 cait that's it from me, any questions? :)
21:31 davidnind[m] thanks cait!
21:31 rangi[m] you should make a proposal that people have to send the qa team cookies
21:31 rangi[m] ill vote for it
21:32 cait :)
21:32 davidnind[m] #topic Status of roadmap projects
21:33 thd Wiki now restoring in pg_restore with no errors by using Debian 8 for restore and DB migration.
21:34 rangi[m] cool
21:34 davidnind[m] No release manager, so deferred unless anyone has an update on specific items https://annuel.framapad.org/p/koha_22.11_roadmap
21:34 cait thd: is end of August still the goal?
21:34 thd The further from Debian the more errors reported by pg_restore.
21:35 thd We might start migrating next week.
21:35 cait awesome
21:35 davidnind[m] thd++
21:36 thd The pg_restore errors were probably false warnings but were scary.
21:36 cait thd++
21:36 thd https://koha-mw-pg-test02.agog[…]om/wiki/Main_Page Postgres restore in Debian 8 pg_restore no errors.
21:36 thd https://koha-mw-my-test02.agog[…]om/wiki/Main_Page MySQL migration in Debian 8
21:37 thd https://koha-mw-my-test00-upgr[…]om/wiki/Main_Page Upgraded to LTS Debian 10 but not currently built from error free pg_restore.
21:37 davidnind[m] Sandbox available for ERM module using Vue - https://staff-erm.sandboxes.bi[…]n/koha/erm/erm.pl
21:38 thd Debian 10 was easy.  Debian 8 was tricky.
21:38 tuxayo aaaaah there is a meeting!!!!
21:38 thd tcohen found a good Docker container to use.
21:38 cait you are just in time
21:38 thd https://github.com/CanastaWiki[…]master/Dockerfile
21:38 rangi[m] ohh the ERM module is looking good
21:39 davidnind[m] plus a nice sneak preview https://bywatersolutions.com/e[…]es-sneak-peek-erm
21:39 tuxayo #info Victor Grousset, Tuxayo IT, France
21:39 cait Joubu said he pushed some more updates/enh just today
21:39 cait so might be worth haveing another look
21:40 cait (ERM)
21:40 davidnind[m] excellent!
21:40 wahanui darn tootin' it is.
21:41 davidnind[m] I haven't had a chance to look at the staff interface redesign recently, but I think good progress is being made - some recent discussion on the mailing list
21:41 cait there also is a sandbox now
21:41 cait dedicated, so everyone can have a look
21:42 davidnind[m] cool
21:42 aleisha it looks very cool!
21:42 alexbuckley yes very impressive :)
21:42 aleisha we had some thoughts about the icons in the search bar (i.e. search patrons, check out etc) being a bit ambiguous. it would be cool if the text changed when you hovered on them, rather than just having alt text, otherwise you're required to click
21:42 cait i think the search bar is the most dicussed feature
21:43 aleisha understandably
21:43 cait there have been accessibility concerns
21:43 tuxayo #info dedicated sandbox to view the staff interface redesign: https://sandboxes.biblibre.eu/
21:43 davidnind[m] #link https://staff-bug30952.sandboxes.biblibre.eu/
21:43 cait and I think it might clash with soem of our 'sysprefed' features that go there
21:43 cait so that is probably the area that needs the most work an dmaybe some ideas still
21:43 aleisha true true
21:45 cait move on?
21:45 cait so quiet :)
21:46 davidnind[m] #info Thanks for those reviewing the staff interface redesign, please continue to provide feedback on bug 30952 and can preview at https://staff-bug30952.sandboxes.biblibre.eu/
21:46 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30952 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, ASSIGNED , New interface for staff client
21:46 davidnind[m] #topic Actions from last meeting
21:47 davidnind[m] Extended support/LTS release is the on the agenda for voting, postpone the other items?
21:48 cait ok for me
21:48 davidnind[m] #action liliputech (deferred from previous meeting) discuss koha CI (docker image built + manual build) hosting on gitlab instance provided by BibLibre's partner AFI.
21:48 tuxayo yes
21:48 davidnind[m] tuxayo?
21:48 wahanui tuxayo is on a role
21:48 tuxayo «postpone the other items?» it was about that ^^"
21:48 davidnind[m] sorry, meant any update on your action point?
21:48 tuxayo ah
21:49 tuxayo i moved it to the coding guidelines section of the agenda
21:49 tuxayo (I just did that ^^")
21:49 tuxayo So we will get to it
21:49 davidnind[m] thanks!
21:49 davidnind[m] #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
21:50 davidnind[m] #topic Vote on LTS version
21:50 davidnind[m] Who would like to summarise the proposal?
21:50 davidnind[m] Then we can vote, if we think there are enough people here...
21:51 cait it's a little late here, but I can try
21:51 tuxayo I can get stuff from the tickets
21:51 davidnind[m] thanks cait
21:51 tuxayo https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]g.cgi?id=31008#c1
21:51 huginn` Bug 31008: new feature, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Long Term Support (LTS) version of Koha
21:51 cait we have worked out some models for how an LTS could work
21:52 cait the main differences are in overlap time and maintainers required
21:52 cait could someone post the link?
21:52 tuxayo #info graph of LTS proposal https://lite.framacalc.org/29o8a7mlwc-9v57
21:52 cait we ended up mostly agreeing that we will need 4 rmaints, to ensure that the normal versions are ther elong enough, overlap is long enough etc.
21:52 rangi[m] yeah
21:53 cait so we should decide what we want - each mode is summarized on the right of the example
21:53 cait mode = model
21:53 cait and then the next question would be to name the first (second if you count 19.11) LTS
21:53 cait I think at the moment it's only a quesiton between 22.05 and 22.11
21:54 cait the older ones are probably too late
21:54 cait tuxayo: anything to add?
21:55 tuxayo Mandate = security + things that are broken (APIs (external), dependencies (such as Elasticsearch), etc) + essential backports only once past oldoldstable
21:55 tuxayo Irregular release - only when something is needed once past oldoldstable
21:56 rangi[m] i think irregular release makes sense to me
21:56 rangi[m] for an lts
21:57 tuxayo With the last info, most of the proposal should be here and in the table link
21:57 davidnind[m] I'm just formatting the 2 questions for voting - hope I get it right!
21:57 cait thx davidnind[m]
21:58 davidnind[m] #startvote Which Koha version will be the first LTS version? 22.05, 22.11
21:58 huginn` Begin voting on: Which Koha version will be the first LTS version? Valid vote options are 22, 05, 22, 11.
21:58 huginn` Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
21:58 tuxayo > i think irregular release makes sense to me
21:58 tuxayo That's what makes it doable to find a 4th RMaint otherwise it would be too much of a commitment for limited value.
21:58 cait the idea is to ensure we have a version that can be used by people who don't manage to update that often and still have security patches
21:58 cait i think sticking ot scheudle might be nice as long as you still have bug fixes... but when it dwindles you can skip
21:58 cait up to the rmaint then in the later phase of maintenance
21:58 davidnind[m] argh, formatted wrong will try again..
21:59 davidnind[m] #endvote
21:59 huginn` Voted on "Which Koha version will be the first LTS version?" Results are
21:59 davidnind[m] #startvote Which Koha version will be the first LTS version? 22-05, 22-11
21:59 huginn` Begin voting on: Which Koha version will be the first LTS version? Valid vote options are 22-05, 22-11.
21:59 huginn` Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
22:00 tuxayo #vote abstain
22:00 huginn` tuxayo: abstain is not a valid option. Valid options are 22-05, 22-11.
22:00 tuxayo I have no idea what is best
22:00 tuxayo i know!
22:00 davidnind[m] #vote 22-11
22:00 rangi[m] #vote 22-11
22:00 thd #vote 22-11
22:00 cait #vote 22-11
22:00 cait I'll just vote what everyone else voted :P
22:01 alexbuckley #vote 22-11
22:01 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, Tahiti
22:01 thd tuxayo: the latter option gives more time to approach the issue.
22:01 fridolin #vote 22-11
22:01 fridolin sorry, i was too focused did not trick time
22:01 tuxayo Is there any difference on which of XX.05 or XX.11 tends to be most stable when reaching oldstable?
22:01 fridolin trask
22:01 fridolin track
22:02 cait yeah, I'd have preferred 22-05 a little, but it's ok as long as we get the ball rolling :)
22:02 cait tuxayo: not really... depends on a lot of things
22:02 tuxayo ok
22:02 fridolin we use xx-11 at biblibre but it is hazard
22:02 fridolin from first version 16.11 i bet
22:03 rangi[m] i picked 22.11 cos we just have more time to get sorted out :)
22:03 thd :)
22:03 tuxayo fridolin: I don't think so, it's because you are on the north hemisphere and libraries prefer major upgrades in summer. Isn't it that?
22:03 fridolin ahhh maybe
22:03 cait yeah, it got too late for 22.05 probably
22:03 davidnind[m] you have one minute to cast/change your vote
22:03 fridolin using xx.05 woould be too fresh for july in deed
22:04 cait I stand with my vote :)
22:04 tuxayo But for LTS the hemisphere thing doesn't change anything if we choose to have a year of overlap (4 RMaint constantly)
22:05 fridolin we just need good brain hemispheres ^^
22:05 davidnind[m] #endvote
22:05 huginn` Voted on "Which Koha version will be the first LTS version?" Results are
22:05 huginn` 22-11 (6): cait, rangi[m], fridolin, alexbuckley, davidnind[m], thd
22:05 tuxayo 🎉
22:05 cait I love decisions
22:05 cait next! :)
22:05 davidnind[m] #agreed The first LTS/extended support version will be 22.11
22:05 davidnind[m] not sure how to phrase the next question - can anyone help
22:05 tuxayo So how many RMaint?
22:06 cait I think maybe... sec
22:07 cait 1-3-1, 1.5-3-1, 1.5-3.5-1.5
22:07 tuxayo 👀
22:07 fridolin !bingo
22:07 cait that's regular regular releases, LTS release, overlap of LTS
22:07 cait or...1 2 and 3 from the calc document
22:08 cait but that might go away some day
22:08 tuxayo > but that might go away some day
22:08 tuxayo indeed
22:08 tuxayo Ah I get it
22:10 cait I lean towards the last at the moment
22:10 cait every 4th release is an LTS
22:10 tuxayo 1-3-1, 1.5-3-1, 1.5-3.5-1.5
22:10 tuxayo length of support for regular releases - length of support for LTS - duration of LTS overlap(the 1st 6months are when the release is "stable" so not stable enough for migration, subtract 6mo to get the safe overlap)
22:10 cait and you have 1.5 overlap.. which should work with all seasons
22:11 cait do people have an idea what they want?
22:11 tuxayo certainly not 1-3-1 because it's not possible to upgrade every year and choose when to do so. You are forced
22:12 thd 4 years is not in the spreadsheet is it?
22:12 tuxayo 1.5-3.5-1.5 (the last) works better no matter when they want to upgrade
22:13 tuxayo > 4 years is not in the spreadsheet is it?
22:13 tuxayo Was a 4years proposal made?
22:13 thd sorry 4 releases is not in the spreadsheet.
22:13 cait I meant evey 4th is an lts
22:13 cait what do you mean by 4 releases?
22:13 cait we'll always maintain 4 parallel
22:14 thd Ah ok
22:14 tuxayo 1.5-3-1 and 1.5-3.5-1.5 (proposal 2 and 3) have 4 un parallel
22:14 davidnind[m] So question would be: Use every 4th version as the LTS/extended support version of Koha (see https://lite.framacalc.org/29o8a7mlwc-9v57 for details)? Yes, No
22:15 tuxayo That doesn't discriminate between the 3 proposals
22:15 tuxayo They all work with LTS being one of every 4th release
22:16 cait yes
22:16 cait the difference is the overlap time
22:16 cait in general the mainenance times and such
22:16 * fridolin goes to lunch will read the logs
22:16 cait I know i prefer the 3rd
22:16 cait tuxayo persuaded me
22:17 cait and it#s the same amount of maintainers, only difference is that it's always 4 people to the second model
22:17 tuxayo So hard to phrase concisely the proposals
22:17 cait it's why I needed to draw it
22:17 davidnind[m] We have 3 options - if someone can give me a short description for each one I'll run the vote and then end the meeting
22:18 cait hm I tried :)
22:18 davidnind[m] How about: What maintenance model will we use for LTS/extended support version of Koha? Option 1, Option 2, Option 3 (every 4th version)
22:18 cait The short description is either 1-3-1, 1.5-3-1, 1.5-3.5-1.5
22:18 cait or what is written next to the tables
22:18 cait for model 3: 4 RMaints
22:18 cait 1.5 years maintenance for regular releases
22:18 cait 3.5 years maintenance for LTS release
22:18 cait 1.5 year overlap
22:19 cait all are every 4th, so I think we can leave that off :)
22:19 tuxayo Format of the proposals: N1-N2-N3
22:19 tuxayo N1: length of support for regular releases - N2: length of support for LTS - N3: duration of LTS overlap (including the first 6 months of lifecycle that aren't well suited for upgrade)
22:19 cait but yes, 1 2 or 3 migh work best
22:20 tuxayo 3 RMaints vs 3.75 RMaints vs 4 RMaints
22:21 cait maybe we should just decide between 2 and 3 to make it easier
22:21 cait I tihnk people might agree that having to update every year of they are not on LTS is not enough time
22:22 thd ++
22:22 tuxayo They can't even do when they want
22:22 cait and the only differnce between 2 and 3 is that we have no cycle where we only need 3 rmaints
22:22 cait we always need 4
22:22 tuxayo 2 RMaint for regular releases gives a constraint to do that in winter or summer (depending of when we start)
22:22 cait but we get 1.5 years overlap
22:23 cait so... I think maybe we just vote if 3 is ok :)
22:23 tuxayo ^^
22:23 cait This would be:
22:23 cait 4 RMaints constantly
22:23 cait 1.5 years maintenance for regular releases
22:23 cait 3.5 years maintenance for LTS release
22:23 cait 1.5 year overlap between LTS releases
22:24 davidnind[m] Nearly there...
22:24 cait ok
22:24 tuxayo proposal 1: keep 3 RMaints and shorten support of regular releases
22:24 tuxayo proposal 2: 4 RMaints (1 out of every 4 cycles, only 3 RMaints) and same support of regular releases. 6 months of effective overlap between LTS
22:24 tuxayo proposal 3: 4 RMaints always and same support of regular releases. 12 months of effective overlap between LTS
22:24 tuxayo Can't make it much sorter
22:25 davidnind[m] #Info Option 3 for voting = 4 RMaints constantly, 1.5 years maintenance for regular releases, 3.5 years maintenance for LTS release, 1.5 year overlap between LTS releases
22:25 davidnind[m] #vote Use option 3 as maintenance model for LTS/extended support version of Koha (see https://lite.framacalc.org/29o8a7mlwc-9v57 for details)? Yes, No
22:25 davidnind[m] #vote Yes
22:25 tuxayo #vote yes
22:25 cait #vote yes
22:26 rangi[m] #vote Yes
22:26 thd # vote Yes
22:26 thd #vote Yes
22:26 davidnind[m] one minute to go..
22:27 davidnind[m] #endvote
22:27 alexbuckley #vote yes
22:28 tuxayo It was #startvote !
22:28 davidnind[m] #agreed To use option 3 (see details in comments) as the maintenance model for the LTS/extended support version of Koha (see https://lite.framacalc.org/29o8a7mlwc-9v57 for details)
22:28 tuxayo anyway we can manually do it
22:28 davidnind[m] I won't rerun - it was unanimous!
22:28 davidnind[m] #info All other agenda items deferred to the next meeting
22:28 cait yes and it's soo olate :)
22:28 davidnind[m] #topic Set time of next meeting
22:29 cait here at least
22:29 tuxayo same time? (for the meeting in 4 weeks)
22:29 tuxayo The one it two week has been decided 2 weeks ago, let me find it
22:30 tuxayo #info see bug 31008 for other details about how the LTS should be handled (scope of what to include, regularity of releases)
22:30 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=31008 new feature, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Long Term Support (LTS) version of Koha
22:30 tuxayo #info Next meeting: 17 August 2022, 14 UTC
22:31 davidnind[m] thanks tixayo
22:31 davidnind[m] tuxayo even
22:31 tuxayo For meeting in 4 weeks the 31th then?
22:31 davidnind[m] #endmeeting
22:31 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Aug  3 22:31:22 2022 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
22:31 huginn` Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-08-03-21.09.html
22:31 huginn` Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]2-08-03-21.09.txt
22:31 huginn` Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]03-21.09.log.html
22:31 tuxayo same hour?
22:31 cait thx davidnind++
22:31 davidnind[m] Thanks everyone, apologies that went longer than the hour...
22:31 cait and everone else for being patient
22:31 tuxayo davidnind++ thanks for the chairing
22:32 cait it's good to have a decision now
22:32 davidnind[m] yeah for decisions!
22:32 tuxayo Not your fault, some stuff needed time
22:33 davidnind[m] right, time for breakfast (a little later than usual for me....)
22:33 tuxayo Unless someone suggests otherwise:
22:33 tuxayo #info meeting after the next one: 31 August 2022, 21 UTC
22:33 cait logs are already done :)
22:33 tuxayo (so I can find this in two week)
22:34 davidnind[m] I'll run the script later on and make sure the time is in the calendar...
22:34 tuxayo It doesn't matter, I search the end of the last meeting in the global logs to pull the next meeting time :P
22:34 tuxayo davidnind++
22:34 davidnind[m] thanks cait for staying up so late!
22:34 tuxayo great, you can run the script :D
22:34 cait might be too hot to sleep anyway
22:34 cait :)
22:34 tuxayo 29°C in my room
22:35 davidnind[m] Will try and add a comment to the bug that explains the option we chose, and then a draft email for the mailing list
22:35 tuxayo davidnind++ thanks again for the communication about the LTS process
22:35 davidnind[m] If I could send some cold your way I would - I still have the fire on....
22:36 cait fire.. ugh.
22:36 cait not a picture that is helpng right now :)
22:36 cait bye all!
22:36 tuxayo Cold would be welcome. We already have the fire in my region
22:37 tuxayo bye cait
22:37 davidnind[m] that's not great at all 😥
22:40 tuxayo Nothing unusual it's since forever in the south east. Unlike the west where this year in burned a lot and it's not usual.
22:51 aleisha woops i had to run off to a meeting so missed the end of our meeting. thanks davidnind[m] for chairing!
23:00 davidnind[m] No problem!
23:06 cait joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary