IRC log for #koha, 2021-10-27

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
01:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #334: STILL FAILING in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U16/334/
01:40 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
01:40 wahanui Congratulations!
01:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #371: FIXED in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/371/
02:12 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
02:12 wahanui Congratulations!
02:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #323: FIXED in 1 hr 7 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/323/
02:21 dpk_ joined #koha
04:53 lds joined #koha
05:46 lmstrand joined #koha
06:16 reiveune joined #koha
06:16 reiveune hello
06:33 IgorASychev joined #koha
06:43 alex_a joined #koha
06:43 alex_a Bonjour
06:43 wahanui privet, alex_a
06:48 lds joined #koha
07:00 cait joined #koha
07:01 cait1 joined #koha
07:05 lds_ joined #koha
07:14 lds joined #koha
07:17 sophie_m joined #koha
07:24 alex_a joined #koha
07:25 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14957: DBIC changes - Remove MarcOverlayRulesModule.pm <https://git.koha-community.org[…]e066b7e2a20ce018c>
07:25 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14957: Fix perlcritic error on admin/marc-overlay-rules.pl <https://git.koha-community.org[…]fd6cc5390765d8286>
07:25 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 27526: Correct NULL vs empty string when editing <https://git.koha-community.org[…]b151d949e9a0835c8>
07:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #222: FAILURE in 15 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/222/
07:49 magnuse joined #koha
07:49 magnuse sweden has declared a national holiday to celebrate bug 14957
07:49 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=14957 new feature, P5 - low, ---, glasklas, Pushed to master , Write protecting MARC fields based on source of import
07:49 magnuse ;-)
07:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #53: FAILURE in 7 min 58 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D12/53/
07:53 ashimema morning #koha:matrix.org
07:56 cait1 good morning all
07:56 cait1 magnuse: can I join? :)
07:59 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
07:59 wahanui Congratulations!
07:59 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #428: FIXED in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/428/
08:01 magnuse cait1: yes, let's make it a global holiday!
08:08 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
08:08 wahanui Congratulations!
08:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_My8 build #676: FIXED in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ster_D11_My8/676/
08:12 Joubu spent 1 hour to fix a bug that is not a bug...
08:13 Joubu oleonard was lying
08:13 Joubu Do we want to batch mod itemlost for items?
08:18 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
08:18 wahanui Congratulations!
08:18 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_MDB_Latest build #711: FIXED in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]1_MDB_Latest/711/
08:22 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
08:22 wahanui Congratulations!
08:22 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_CPAN build #459: FIXED in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D11_CPAN/459/
08:25 Joubu bug 29331
08:25 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29331 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, In Discussion , Batch edit items.itemlost
08:25 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
08:25 wahanui Congratulations!
08:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U_Stable build #295: FIXED in 58 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_U_Stable/295/
08:30 magnuse @quote get 123
08:30 huginn` magnuse: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
08:30 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn`.
08:33 mkuhn joined #koha
08:33 mkuhn Hi
08:33 wahanui que tal, mkuhn
08:33 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
08:33 wahanui Congratulations!
08:33 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U21 build #8: FIXED in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_Master_U21/8/
08:34 mkuhn What time is it?
08:48 ashimema depends where in the world you are
08:50 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
08:50 wahanui Congratulations!
08:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1802: FIXED in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1802/
09:08 cait1 (10:13:45) Joubu: Do we want to batch mod itemlost for items? - yes please
09:08 cait1 i had a case where they did inventory and wanted to have all the missing ones marked lost
09:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1803: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1803/
09:11 Joubu cait1: but we remove the lost status for the items that have been batch mod :)
09:11 Joubu cait1: please comment on the bug
09:11 Joubu bug 29331
09:11 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29331 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, In Discussion , Batch edit items.itemlost
09:11 cait1 oh
09:12 cait1 will do
09:12 Joubu There is another question about the subfields marked as hidden from the editor, should we display them for the batch mod?
09:12 Joubu /from the editor/for the editor/
09:14 cait1 commented, hope it makes sense, there was not a lot of info on the bug
09:14 cait1 I believe not displayig them would be ok
09:15 cait1 i wonder what could be filled in but not visible in the editor... but thinkign about things like the number of issues an item had etc... if they didn't show before (pretty sure about that) we shoudln't open that can of worms now
09:16 cait1 commented on that too...
09:21 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
09:21 wahanui Congratulations!
09:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #54: FIXED in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D12/54/
09:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1796: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 2 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1796/
09:32 mtj hi Joubu, ill take a look at jen6 nowish
09:33 mtj i stopped rebooting it, so i can debug it broken
09:34 mtj "Error response from daemon: You cannot remove a running container 977a614ba7feb5d98abaa0bf56d9268fd​518d7150b01d1f5708e0b79faf1db0f. Stop the container before attempting removal or force remove"
09:34 mtj ^... i wonder if fixing those errors will solve the memcached error
09:42 abneiman_ joined #koha
09:57 mtj Joubu: i'll attempt to fix jen6, using master_d12 with a more aggressive build.pl
10:01 Joubu mtj: yep
10:02 Joubu mtj: the docker_cleanup sub looks quite aggressive already
10:02 mtj agrees :)
10:05 oleonard I wasn't lying about batch mod, Joubu!
10:06 Joubu oleonard: I've tried with 21.05 and "Lost" was not displayed on the batch mod form
10:07 Joubu Also I noticed that we are removing the lost status for the items we are processing
10:07 Joubu I think that were the behaviours pre-28445
10:08 oleonard Bug 28445
10:08 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28445 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, RESOLVED FIXED, Use the task queue for the batch delete and update items tool
10:09 oleonard Here's a screenshot from our production system, 20.05.14 https://snipboard.io/EA6nRp.jpg
10:36 Joubu oleonard: ok I will check again on an earlier version then. Is itemlost marked as visibile in the framework?
10:38 oleonard Yes
10:41 ashimema hmmm
10:41 ashimema the additional contents blocks stuff
10:42 ashimema is the branch filtering meant to work prior to login at all?
10:42 ashimema I'm testing at the moment and finding that it displays all libraries news.. that doesn't feel right somehow.
10:47 kellym joined #koha
10:49 kellym joined #koha
10:55 ashimema bug 29332.. feels like a major to me 😉
10:55 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29332 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , AdditionalContents displays blocks for all libraries prior to login
11:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #1: ABORTED in 20 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_Master_D12/1/
11:07 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #2: FAILURE in 3 min 21 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_Master_D12/2/
11:10 ashimema oleonard.. do you agree with bug 29332 ?
11:10 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29332 major, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , AdditionalContents displays blocks for all libraries prior to login
11:10 * ashimema goes for a quick walk.. bbiab
11:11 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #3: STILL FAILING in 3 min 29 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_Master_D12/3/
11:22 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #4: ABORTED in 7 min 13 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_Master_D12/4/
11:23 marcelr joined #koha
11:23 marcelr hi #koha
11:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #5: ABORTED in 1 min 29 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_Master_D12/5/
11:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #6: ABORTED in 18 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_Master_D12/6/
11:24 tcohen hola
11:24 wahanui hey, tcohen
11:25 oleonard I'm staring off my morning this way: "Oh hey look at that new feature you didn't know existed! When did that get added?" Checking the bug... Oh I signed off on it :|
11:27 tcohen Joubu ashimema bug 29325
11:27 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29325 major, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, ASSIGNED , commit_file.pl error 'Already in a transaction'
11:27 tcohen I didn't find a way to properly debug the forked process in the UI
11:27 tcohen ideas?
11:27 wahanui ideas are good!
11:28 tcohen hint: my patch breaks it
11:29 ashimema Will take a look once back from walk
11:30 marcelr the forked stuff and Plack dont like each other
11:31 tcohen just tell me how to find any warn I add heh
11:31 tcohen that'd be a start
11:31 marcelr add them on the right place, is important :)
11:31 tcohen was thinking just moving to the new background jobs, but this is hurting 21.05
11:32 tcohen so needs to be backportable
11:33 tcohen cait1: bug 29272 is ready with the required follow-up
11:33 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29272 major, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , API not respecting $category->effective_change_password
11:44 marcelr tcohen 27358 ok, you might wanna test 28943 now ;)
11:45 jzairo joined #koha
11:45 tcohen sure
11:47 jzairo morning
11:47 wahanui morning is always someone's afternoon
11:55 khall joined #koha
11:56 marcelr hmm Koha/UI/Form/Builder/Item.pm
11:56 ashimema morning jzairo
11:56 marcelr author didnt add his name, haha; we know him anyway
11:57 ashimema ?
11:57 marcelr ^
11:57 jzairo hi ashimema
11:57 ashimema nice ot see you here 🙂
11:58 jzairo :)
11:59 cait1 ashimema: all libraries should display without login, all branch specific ones did only display after login before the switch
11:59 * cait1 waves at jzairo
11:59 cait1 i think i didn#t do my homework for this meeting :(
11:59 ashimema huh
12:00 ashimema my brain hurts
12:00 ashimema do you mean the 'All libraries' option should display regardless and branch specific ones should only display when the branch is passed?
12:00 ashimema or..
12:01 ashimema 'All libraries' and 'Any branch specific' should display when not branch is selected?
12:01 khall_ joined #koha
12:02 jzairo hi cait
12:03 cait1 all librareis shoudl always display
12:03 cait1 unless you tell it to only show branch specific
12:03 cait1 i think there is ap ull down or something
12:03 cait1 jzairo: maybe a good question for you too - about when which news displays
12:05 ashimema I'm confused
12:06 cait1 ashimema: why?
12:06 jzairo I would say ‘All Libraries’ should display without login, usually for general messages. Then all branch specific ones should display after the user logs in
12:06 cait1 jzairo: but at this point, should the all libraries go away?
12:06 ashimema I think 'All libraries' should always display.. regardless of whether there's a branch selected or not (branch selection can be either a login or if you've enabled the pref that allows selecting the branch).
12:06 cait1 i feel it's not the case now, but would have to run test on our 18.11
12:07 cait1 my feeling is that something important would be added for all libraries... so logging in should not make it go away
12:07 ashimema my point is that right now.. if we're not logged in (i.e. no branch is selected) we see every item.. those that are marked as 'All libraries' and every single branch specific one too
12:07 cait1 yeah taht's a change in ehaviour
12:07 cait1 it shoudl not show the branch specific
12:08 ashimema right..
12:08 ashimema that's what my bug report is about
12:08 ashimema it's hard to describe 😉
12:09 ashimema bug 29332
12:09 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29332 major, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , AdditionalContents displays blocks for every library prior to login
12:09 cait1 i feel like that migh be a duplicate
12:09 cait1 to one of the bugs on my major list i sent you every week...
12:10 cait1 you = QA team
12:11 cait1 bug 28698
12:11 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28698 major, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Needs Signoff , News for all displays in all locations
12:11 cait1 hm  a little different, but same area
12:12 khall joined #koha
12:14 marcelr bug 29146 is ready for your testing
12:14 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29146 normal, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Needs Signoff , Should framework default values be applied to existing biblios and items?
12:16 ashimema ah.. I'm out of touch with that one cait
12:16 ashimema sorta same area.. but totally different code as 21.11/master did a Koha:: rewrite
12:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #7: STILL FAILING in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_Master_D12/7/
12:18 cait1 ah that one was before? maybe can be closed then
12:18 cait1 I am just really running out of time here again :(
12:22 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
12:22 wahanui Congratulations!
12:22 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #335: FIXED in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U16/335/
12:26 Joubu I am stuck
12:26 Joubu Anyone familiar with www/search_utf8.t?
12:26 tcohen me
12:26 Joubu yes but I PMed you! :D
12:26 tcohen and Zeno
12:26 Joubu pm me
12:32 khall_ joined #koha
12:37 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:49 thd joined #koha
12:58 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #223: ABORTED in 19 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/223/
13:06 alex_a_ joined #koha
13:15 Joubu oleonard: tried again the lost batch mod. If I set 952$1 visible for the editor I see it in the batch mod form and I am able to change the value
13:16 Joubu oleonard: can you try on master and detail what's not working for you please?
13:18 Joubu oleonard: However, if itemlost was "0", you cannot mark it as lost
13:18 Joubu but it shouldn't be caused by 28445
13:20 Joubu oleonard: see bug 12311
13:20 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=12311 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, CLOSED FIXED, Batch modification of checked out and lost items checks them in
13:21 Joubu the LostItem call exists there since this bug (pushed long time ago)
13:29 cait1 hm the returning shoud depend on the pref
13:29 cait1 but that bug doesn't say anything about what it shoudl do with items lost being batch editd?
13:30 cait1 i understaood that the lost woudl be removed (that I think would be a bug)
13:32 Joubu indeed
13:32 Joubu Bug 12311: Do not return a lost item if modified in a batch
13:32 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=12311 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, CLOSED FIXED, Batch modification of checked out and lost items checks them in
13:32 Joubu -                            LostItem($itemnumber, 'MARK RETURNED') if $item->{itemlost};
13:32 Joubu +                            LostItem($itemnumber, 'MARK RETURNED') if $item->{itemlost} and not $itemdata->{itemlost};
13:32 Joubu it's not only checking it in
13:33 Joubu This behaviour has 6 years however
13:34 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
13:34 wahanui Congratulations!
13:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #8: FIXED in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_Master_D12/8/
13:43 marie-luce joined #koha
13:46 Joubu dev meeting in 15
13:46 cait1 :)
13:47 ashimema time flies
13:48 cait1 yeah, sadly
13:48 * cait1 galres at her to do list for today
13:48 * ashimema hasn't actually started on his todo list for today yet!
13:50 davidnind joined #koha
13:54 petrova joined #koha
13:56 oleonard Joubu: Batch mod can change itemlost but only if it != 0?
13:59 Joubu I think so
13:59 oleonard I'm confused...that is intentional?
14:00 Joubu I don't know
14:00 Joubu I am not sure
14:00 Joubu but it's a long standing behaviour apparently (reading git log)
14:01 Joubu the change I pasted above is saying "do not return lost item if". It does not say anything about the lost status
14:01 Joubu wait
14:01 Joubu I am wrong
14:01 nugged (we have also one issue with itemlost which prevented cron script to remind people return books which "lost")
14:01 Joubu meeting, see that later
14:02 cait1 oh right
14:02 Joubu LostItem is not effectively marking the item as lost
14:02 cait1 jzairo: do you want to?
14:02 Joubu that confuses me every time
14:02 Joubu #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 27 October 2021
14:02 huginn` Meeting started Wed Oct 27 14:02:59 2021 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:02 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:02 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 October 2021)
14:02 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_27_october_2021'
14:03 Joubu #chair jzairo
14:03 huginn` Current chairs: Joubu jzairo
14:03 Joubu #chair cait
14:03 huginn` Warning: Nick not in channel: cait
14:03 huginn` Current chairs: Joubu cait jzairo
14:03 Joubu #chair cait1
14:03 huginn` Current chairs: Joubu cait cait1 jzairo
14:03 Joubu #topic Introductions
14:03 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 October 2021)
14:03 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
14:03 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy, Rijksmuseum, The Netherlands
14:03 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
14:03 cait1 #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:03 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:03 Joubu qa_team?
14:03 wahanui i guess qa_team is cait, dcook, amoyano, ashimema, marcelr, kohaputti, jajm, tcohen, kidclamp, khall, tuxayo, petrova, nugged
14:03 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:03 nugged #info Andrew Nugged, National Library of Finland, HELSINKI
14:03 NateC joined #koha
14:04 NateC left #koha
14:04 Joubu The agenda is full!
14:04 petrova #info Peter (Petro) Vashchuk, National Library of Finland, HELSINKI
14:04 tuxayo #info Victor Grousset, Tuxayo International Unlimited, France
14:04 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_27_October_2021
14:04 NateC joined #koha
14:04 davidnind #info David Nind, New Zealand
14:04 cait1 davidnind++
14:04 jzairo #info Jessica Zairo, ByWater Solutions
14:05 cait1 3am!
14:05 davidnind I happened to be awake!
14:05 nugged 🤗
14:06 oleonard davidnind++
14:06 marcelr keep awake david
14:06 Joubu jzairo: do want to chair?
14:07 Joubu #topic Announcements
14:07 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 October 2021)
14:07 * cait1 sends davidnind some hot coffee and dark chocolate
14:07 Joubu Anyone have something?
14:07 cait1 deadlines maybe?
14:07 davidnind thanks cait1!
14:07 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
14:07 tuxayo KohaCon: I got the confirmation that it will be in-person only :(
14:07 Joubu cait1: yes, after
14:07 jzairo sure, I will give it a shot
14:07 Joubu tuxayo: from who?
14:08 tuxayo kohapakistan [AT] gmail.com
14:08 tuxayo I think it's Sher
14:08 oleonard Duplicate announcements to the Koha list and neither mentions in-person only :(
14:09 Joubu please fwd the email to "some of us"
14:09 tuxayo ok!
14:09 fridolin joined #koha
14:09 ashimema indeed
14:09 fridolin hi
14:09 Joubu continuing with my section then letting the meeting in other hands
14:10 Joubu #topic Update from the Release Manager (21.11)
14:10 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Manager (21.11) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 October 2021)
14:10 Joubu I don't have much to say. Nothing different from the usual.
14:10 thd Perhaps someone could reach them with an offer to support a remote conference effort.
14:10 tuxayo fridolin: hi :D
14:10 Joubu * Feature freeze is end of the week!
14:10 alex_a joined #koha
14:10 Joubu Release dates sent to the list:
14:10 Joubu Oct 29th - "Soft" feature freeze, nothing big or with high risk of side-effects will be included into the final release if not marked as Passed QA
14:10 Joubu Nov 3-5 - "Hard" feature freeze, nothing considered as an improvement will be pushed if not marked as Passed QA
14:10 Joubu Nov 10th - String freeze, draft of release notes published
14:10 Joubu Nov 17th - Only bug fixes considered major, critical or blocker will be pushed
14:10 Joubu Nov 26th - Final release
14:10 Joubu * Please focus on this list - https://link.infini.fr/koha_bz[…]l_21_11_candidate
14:10 Joubu I am keeping it up-to-date, so everything there is high priority (especially the bugfixes!)
14:11 Joubu * Missing release notes for new enh - Check that list, if you see your name please fill them in: https://link.infini.fr/koha_bz[…]ease-notes-needed
14:11 cait1 tuxayo: was any reason given?
14:11 Joubu * 3 big things pushed in the last week, that were part of the roadmap: bug 11175, bug 14957 and bug 19185. Thanks to everybody involved!
14:11 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=11175 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Pushed to master , Show the parent record's component parts in the detailed views
14:11 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=14957 new feature, P5 - low, ---, glasklas, Pushed to master , Write protecting MARC fields based on source of import
14:11 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=19185 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Pushed to master , Web installer and onboarding tool selenium test
14:11 Joubu 14957 is missing some stuffs to be fully ready, have a look at the last comments and follow-up bug reports.
14:11 kidclamp #info nick Clemens, ByWater solutions
14:11 tuxayo cait1: not really, I will see if I can get more info and forward it to you
14:12 Joubu 19185 is driving me crazy, I am having a hard time to make the tests pass (failing tests from Koha_Master, the full run). It seems that the "zebra srv mock" trick we have been doing for years in www/search_utf8.t isn't actually working as expected.
14:12 Joubu I based my last work on it assuming that... help welcome!
14:12 Joubu Ho, and we have a new blocker: bug 29330
14:12 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29330 blocker, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Koha cannot send emails with attachments
14:12 ashimema nice work
14:12 Joubu and a critical one: bug 28236
14:12 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28236 critical, P5 - low, ---, johanna.raisa, Signed Off , Selecting database columns for system preferences in standard and dev installs is broken
14:12 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre
14:12 Joubu that's all for me
14:13 ashimema has anyone actually tested the new blocker?
14:13 ashimema I saw it float by.. but my understanding was that Email::Stuffer handles it transparently now
14:13 Joubu I haven't yet
14:13 oleonard The bug doesn't say how to reproduce the problem
14:13 nugged Joubu: I rebased and checked 20447 (right now installing on production) but seems because just 2 days to FF... that won't pass? (ashimema?) (yeah that's big feature)
14:14 marcelr bug 20447
14:14 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=20447 new feature, P5 - low, ---, ere.maijala, Needs Signoff , Add support for MARC holdings records
14:14 ashimema I'd say lets push it over the edge first thing next cycle
14:14 ashimema it's very close.. but it's also very big 😉
14:14 cait1 there is still also the bug for return-path, i m sorry we didn't get to test it yet
14:14 marcelr if it is a bug there is more time
14:15 Joubu nugged: my last comment is "Provide a full test plan and release notes please." and has been ignored, so... well..
14:15 Joubu I think it's too big and too late for that one
14:15 nugged ok
14:15 cait1 maybe for fridolin - early next release
14:15 cait1 to catch things
14:16 ashimema if anyone has time to test bug 28729 that would be awesome.. that's the return-path one cait1 was talking about.
14:16 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28729 critical, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , Return-path header not set in emails
14:16 marcelr nice 500K patch
14:16 marcelr cait?
14:16 wahanui i heard cait was going to add one for a follow-up on the receive/currnecy/preselect we talked about
14:16 * ashimema is trying hard to focus on Joubu's list and anything else that feels blocker like
14:16 cait1 yes?
14:16 ashimema I'm testing lots at the moment... hence spotted a few oddities this morning.. like the content blocks issue I promoited this morning
14:17 marcelr i am in for qa on that one ashimema
14:17 marcelr i just came across some authorised value problems
14:17 Joubu #action marcelr QA 28729
14:17 cait1 marcelr++
14:17 tcohen marcel++
14:17 cait1 marcelr "the brave"
14:17 cait1 not shying away from big patches ever
14:17 cait1 :)
14:18 marcelr hmm
14:18 ashimema beware.. the unit test is clear.. the code is clear.. but actually testing it is challenging to say the least..
14:18 Joubu were you talking about another one? I can add another action :D
14:18 marcelr actions can be reverted too Joubu
14:18 cait1 moving on?
14:19 ashimema it relies on having a working email server and checking the results of sending an email... it's the MTA that actually sets the return path
14:19 ashimema fun aye.
14:19 marcelr sure
14:19 Joubu using gmail?
14:19 cait1 yah, really thankful you dug into the documeantions
14:19 ashimema av problems marcelr?
14:19 marcelr yes
14:19 marcelr we have matching problems on the fields
14:19 marcelr field length
14:19 marcelr av is 80 but authority just is on 10 still
14:20 marcelr maybe a few more
14:20 ashimema ah,. yes.. think I've spotted that a few times.. feel free to punt it my way if you come up with a decent idea on how to resolve
14:20 marcelr trivial dbrev
14:20 ashimema 🙂
14:20 Joubu #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:20 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 October 2021)
14:21 Joubu sorry, we need to move on, trying to make the meeting fit in 1h
14:21 marcelr good plan
14:21 Joubu nothing from rmaint I think
14:21 fridolin yey nothing about 20.11.x
14:21 tuxayo Will release the minor in the next hours
14:22 davidnind I successfully worked out how to setup koha-testing-docker so you can send email using gmail: https://gitlab.com/-/snippets/[…]email-for-testing
14:22 Joubu #info expect the next minor releases in the next hours
14:22 cait1 we had some issues with translations - something to check on next time maybe
14:22 tuxayo (20.05.x at least ^^")
14:22 cait1 to see if things go smoothly again
14:23 cait1 I suggested adjusting the mail text slightly - somtimes the strings are not updated yet when string freeze is called
14:23 tuxayo cait1: yes, I'll propose that we check that before announcing the string freeze
14:23 cait1 so maybe good to word it like "check on new strings in the coming days" or so
14:23 cait1 that would also be great :)
14:24 tuxayo That could be another way, I'll see if we can announce when it's ready but otherwise, yes changing the email text
14:24 Joubu Or ask Bernardo when he is usually doing it?
14:24 Joubu #topic Updates from the QA team
14:24 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 October 2021)
14:25 tuxayo I asked a long time ago, it's the 15th and the 17th but didn't ask if it's automated.
14:25 Joubu it's not
14:25 fridolin Bernardo is usually doing it around 15th yep
14:25 tuxayo ok
14:25 Joubu (well, I don't think it is, I saw run in the history every month around ~15-17th)
14:26 Joubu cait1, QA?
14:27 marcelr thats an answer too
14:27 cait1 sorry
14:27 cait1 I've been pushing for the bad and old bugs
14:27 cait1 i'd really like to see a little mor QA action so close to freeze
14:28 cait1 but overall... I was really happy to see some of the old and big go in this week
14:28 * ashimema is trying.. and marcelr has been magnificent
14:28 cait1 a big thank you to those involved with that
14:28 cait1 yes, as usual the wrong ones listen up :)
14:28 marcelr 58 is not that bad currently
14:28 cait1 i know it was a big piece of work, so thanks a lot
14:29 cait1 ashimema++ marcelr++
14:29 cait1 i'll keep on pushing for some more old to new action next release cycle
14:29 nugged (from our side can say that we not directly placing QAs but we have current master on one pilot production and (I hope) that bunch of feedbacks we did directly to Joubu helped to move as well)
14:30 cait1 every bit of feedback helps of course
14:30 Joubu yes, nugged, very useful!
14:30 cait1 i can only talk about QA
14:30 cait1 and we could use more hands/heads/exes there regularly to make things move better
14:30 nugged (and that production is alive with current master (1 week old though, just installing latest today - so will be more feedback these days)
14:31 cait1 i didn't want that to sound too negative, but spreading the work more would really help I think
14:31 ashimema 🙂
14:32 Joubu # Status of roadmap projects
14:32 cait1 I only see encoding error, but I hope it's a good one?
14:32 tcohen there are some roadmap projects PQA
14:33 Joubu ?
14:33 marcelr should you use # and topic
14:33 Joubu good news or complaining because it's not pushed?
14:33 Joubu there is something on the agenda
14:33 tcohen the latter
14:33 wahanui it has been said that the latter is the last of the list, no?
14:34 tcohen :-D
14:34 marcelr topic change?
14:34 Joubu so I was going to pick the stuff from there first
14:34 Joubu #topic Bug 19532 (Recalls)
14:34 Topic for #koha is now Bug 19532 (Recalls) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 October 2021)
14:34 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=19532 new feature, P1 - high, ---, aleisha, Needs Signoff , Recalls for Koha
14:34 Joubu marcelr wanted to chat a bit about 19532
14:34 marcelr wont repeat my email here but wanted more feedback on it
14:34 Joubu everybody has the page opened?
14:34 Joubu "(Recalls) was on the roadmap; it is a feature that many libraries probably want; Aleisha rebased it around thousand times. It is too large to push it to 21.11 short before release. Some questioned the fundamentals too. It would only be fair if QA formulates an opinion on it as a team, and when agreed upon, new RM and QA coordinate pushing it early. As a side note, I really dislike patch sets of this size; we
14:34 Joubu should avoid them wherever possible"
14:35 khall joined #koha
14:35 marcelr think personally that we should try to adjust its current form; an other way will be harder in several aspects
14:35 fridolin i discover this bug
14:35 marcelr its 4 years ago so we cant say now rewrite it
14:35 Joubu If some of us are interested in it, we should help Aleisha
14:35 Joubu not letting her rebasing endlessly
14:35 marcelr right
14:36 Joubu I think that's marcelr's point
14:36 marcelr and since it is so large, asking for more opionions
14:36 marcelr hm
14:36 fridolin good thinks these feature can be turned off/on
14:36 Joubu once it's pushed, it's code to maintain
14:36 fridolin sure
14:36 Joubu so no, it's not because you can turn it off that you must push it, fridolin :D
14:37 fridolin ^^
14:37 cait1 I have had a galcne at the spec
14:37 cait1 it doesn't quite work as academics expect it
14:37 cait1 but i see potential to extend
14:37 Joubu I think it's something for next month anyway
14:37 cait1 i'd like to have a closer look and can offer GUI testing
14:37 Joubu it's too late for 21.11 and we have plenty of things to focus on
14:37 cait1 but i'll need help with the code side
14:38 cait1 yes, this is for after release
14:38 marcelr we need the new RM not to push other large stuff before it ?
14:38 fridolin i'll look at code
14:38 Joubu we need the team to focus on it and know if it's how we want this feature
14:38 Joubu if it's not, it's our job to rework it
14:38 kidclamp I worry that it is independent of holds as the workflows are similar, but if it is made clear how they interact it can be its own feature
14:39 cait1 i believe maybe it can be separate
14:39 cait1 if we can add an automatism too
14:39 cait1 like... unmoderated recalls
14:39 marcelr kidclamp: building on holds is a tricky thing too
14:39 ashimema indeed
14:39 ashimema holds is a scary place
14:39 marcelr but it is a clear point
14:39 kidclamp thta would be nice - I feel it is a different workflow than others expect for recalls
14:39 cait1 somaybe it is good to have it separate
14:39 kidclamp unmoderated is a nice compromise
14:40 cait1 i think it might not be int here yet, but that's a direction we could look for
14:40 oleonard The workflow being different than some expect isn't a reason to reject it
14:40 cait1 i have to study specs and docs more
14:40 ashimema It would be nice if it was written in a modern style.. that's my main issue.. yes it was written many moons ago.. but unless it's changed allot since.. it was a massive copy paste of holds at the time as far as I could tell
14:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1797: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 5 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1797/
14:41 cait1 so maybe we could agree on making this a priority after release?
14:41 oleonard I think that would be great
14:41 cait1 fridolin volunteered for code - a second one maybe?
14:41 marcelr we should, or we should have disapproved much earlier
14:41 marcelr i am looking too
14:41 cait1 ok
14:41 cait1 so let's make that an agreed
14:41 ashimema I asked for a rename at some point.. I spoke to a number of interested parties and none of them recognised it as 'recalls' once I explained how it worked/what it did
14:41 ashimema which is a shame
14:42 cait1 #agreed marcelr, fridolin and cait to look at recalls for QA after 21.11 release
14:42 ashimema not a blocker.. but I feel naming it recalls misleads over half the stakeholders interested in it.
14:42 marcelr did you put a better name on the report ?
14:42 ashimema 🙂
14:42 ashimema seems I didn't.. I am dredging the brain from reviewing it years ago 😉
14:42 cait1 let's look at this with fresh eyes
14:42 marcelr what is the better name actually ?
14:42 kidclamp bug 17015 - if we want to save old much worked on code
14:43 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=17015 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, maryse.simard, Failed QA , New Koha Calendar
14:43 cait1 i think it#s somethig like... a patrn iitiated request to get something earlier?
14:43 cait1 at th emoment
14:43 tuxayo patron driven recalls?
14:43 cait1 i am nto done yet with docs, ran out of time an donly had a quick look
14:43 oleonard "stakeholders" aren't stakeholders if they're not chipping in
14:43 ashimema look at the bug 😉
14:43 cait1 oleonard: hm?
14:43 kidclamp patron driven or unmoderated
14:44 cait1 i think they are moderated
14:44 ashimema indeed
14:44 Joubu https://www.library.cornell.ed[…]es/request/recall # searched for "library recall"
14:44 cait1 what we are looking for later might be unmoderated
14:44 cait1 or more "uatomated" from staff side
14:45 cait1 shall we leave it with the action/agreed and move on for now?
14:45 kidclamp this lets the patron place the recall on their own and automatically (cronjob) shortens the due date - no staff action (moderation)
14:45 ashimema either way.. lets attack it as a group at the beginning of the next cycle.
14:45 marcelr thats the plan
14:45 cait1 kidclamp: ah ok - need to read up
14:45 cait1 yep
14:45 cait1 Joubu: moving on?
14:45 kidclamp I wondered if we were using different meanings :-)
14:46 Joubu #topic Actions from last meeting
14:46 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 October 2021)
14:46 Joubu #topic ashimema initiate the advent calendar - create a pad to collect ideas + send email to the list
14:46 Topic for #koha is now ashimema initiate the advent calendar - create a pad to collect ideas + send email to the list (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 October 2021)
14:46 cait1 kidclamp: i missed out on my homework - that's the problem, I will catch up
14:46 ashimema ooh.. I forgot about the pad.. but did send an email
14:46 ashimema cait1 is the only one to have replied so far
14:46 cait1 oops
14:47 Joubu Shouldn't we have a place to put ideas?
14:47 cait1 i was not sure how technical so suggested something like "bugzilla search tips and tricks"
14:47 Joubu at least to know what others have in mind?
14:47 cait1 so pad?
14:48 Joubu No action, in 2 weeks it will be too late
14:48 cait1 we have about a month now... not a lot of time
14:48 khall_ joined #koha
14:48 cait1 but if multiple authors know what to write and how it's doable still
14:49 ashimema yup
14:49 ashimema I have a list
14:49 ashimema and a small group of people
14:49 cait1 will you get in touch?
14:49 ashimema but so far it's been a bit 'slack centric'
14:49 cait1 maybe email?
14:49 ashimema yup
14:49 cait1 slack?
14:49 wahanui i guess slack is expensive, but it falls under the 'just works' camp
14:49 tcohen let's do it!
14:50 cait1 I don't have access to slack, so just let me know what's up please
14:50 cait1 moving on?
14:50 thd slack is non-free
14:50 cait1 thd: yes, it's not a community resource
14:51 ashimema lets move on
14:51 Joubu I haven't been approached to I guess you don't need help
14:51 Joubu good :)
14:52 Joubu #topic  LTS version
14:52 Topic for #koha is now LTS version (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 October 2021)
14:52 Joubu a fun one
14:52 Joubu won't fit in 1h..
14:52 tuxayo yes :D
14:52 tcohen lets make 20.05 the LTS
14:52 Joubu Should we skip it or discuss?
14:52 Joubu 20.05 is gonna be dropped in 1 month
14:52 cait1 i think we can skip - but we shoudl agree on a next sstep
14:53 cait1 are we postponing by 2 weeks
14:53 cait1 or ... move back to mailing list?
14:53 tuxayo ok
14:53 tcohen what is to be discussed?
14:53 cait1 i just put the questions there since I felt that the ml list thread got too quiet
14:53 Joubu it was stuck on the ML so decided here
14:53 cait1 maybe too lost in the security discussion
14:53 tcohen 19.11 has volunteers to make it LTS
14:53 cait1 shoudl we start a new thread just LTS?
14:54 Joubu ok, quick
14:54 Joubu * Will a 2 year cycle work for Koha?
14:54 Joubu yes/no?
14:54 Joubu is that too short or 2 years is fine?
14:54 cait1 is that a lot of different to maintaining up to 3 now?
14:54 cait1 i mean does it win us much time
14:54 tuxayo yes
14:54 Joubu as cait1 said, 2 is not much longer than what we do now
14:54 cait1 half a year longer guaranteed then, right
14:54 ashimema if we're doing an LTS I would like to see us drop oldoldstable
14:55 cait1 ashimema: that's question 2 or 3
14:55 cait1 had you in mind :)
14:55 cait1 ohw long is debian/ubuntu lts? 2 years?
14:55 tuxayo 6 at least
14:55 ashimema yup
14:56 cait1 oh wow
14:56 Joubu 3y sounds better to me, but we need something to maintain it, and keep on doing it
14:56 Joubu someone* oops
14:56 fridolin indeed
14:56 marcelr does 3y make sense?
14:56 cait1 3 feels better, agree
14:56 ashimema 3y seems reasonable
14:56 Joubu * How will updates work? Can you jump from LTS to a version in between?
14:56 tuxayo 20.04 LTS released 2020-04-23, maintenance until 2030-04-23
14:56 tuxayo 10y!
14:56 Joubu I dont' think this question make sense, we have a strong upgrade progress
14:56 cait1 i think that's too hard for us
14:56 tuxayo yes
14:56 Joubu what would be the problem?
14:56 ashimema indeed
14:56 tuxayo no issues
14:57 cait1 it was raised last meetiing
14:57 cait1 i try to remember what the point made was
14:57 Joubu * How many versions should be maintained apart from LTS?
14:57 ashimema LTS -> LTS would be a massive jump..
14:57 ashimema 3 years worth of DB upgrade
14:57 cait1 yes, i think we need to give people an out
14:57 ashimema that's gonna be fun for anyone doing it.
14:58 cait1 it does work (i just did one from 16.11) :) but people might follow LTS and want to switch
14:58 Joubu like those doing 3.22 to 20.11? :)
14:58 fridolin we have some jumps actually from 16.11 to 20.11
14:58 cait1 if idempotent db updates is enough, we are good
14:58 tuxayo > LTS -> LTS would be a massive jump..
14:58 tuxayo A certain number of instances are upgraded like that right?
14:58 Joubu ok, so shouldn't be a problem
14:58 Joubu * How many versions should be maintained apart from LTS?
14:58 cait1 just something to keep in mind and maybe soemthing to test
14:58 Joubu (bis)
14:58 ashimema I used to think following the ubuntu cycle made some sense.. but now I can't for the life of me see any patturn to it.
14:59 cait1 heh
14:59 Joubu the number of versions we can maintain, depending on the rmaints available
14:59 ashimema personally.. I feel like the numerious stables pull resource away from QA and SO
14:59 Joubu at least 2, maybe 3
14:59 marcelr or say 4 and LTS==2 y
14:59 marcelr 'L'
14:59 ashimema I've felt for a while that it would be good to have 1 or 2 longer supported versions with more of a rolling option too
14:59 fridolin same feeling, we should focus on stable+oldstable in my opinion
15:00 tuxayo Ideally managing to keep only 3 RMaints in total since between half or a third of them could be doing QA instead of RMaint. To account for the QA workforce shortage.
15:00 tuxayo fridolin: how does that work for people doing yearly upgrades? Like BibLibre
15:00 ashimema LTS is basically security only isn't it.?
15:00 Joubu yes
15:00 Joubu shouldn't be too problematic for the maintainer
15:01 tcohen what about supported platforms?
15:01 Joubu more for the devs
15:01 marcelr even that may be hard to rrebase on older versions ?
15:01 Joubu but it will prevent us from delivering .patch files to apply, like we did last sec release
15:01 * ashimema would love to see 'LTS or Rolling'
15:01 ashimema monthly release for selected LTS versions for whatever period we decide.. monthly rolling release between times
15:01 cait1 i don't know what Rolling means
15:02 ashimema rolling releases are the modern not quit continuous integration approach
15:02 marcelr heading for the canyon haha
15:02 cait1 what about a compromise for next ccycle?
15:02 ashimema i.e. we just keep releasing as soon as feature are ready.. rather than have a dev branch that can be anything up to 6 months ahead
15:02 cait1 we already have some gap
15:03 Joubu we have time to think it anyway, will postpone for next meeting
15:03 Joubu or even the one after
15:03 Joubu moving on
15:03 cait1 ok
15:03 Joubu #topic KohaCon22
15:03 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon22 (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 October 2021)
15:03 tuxayo > i.e. we just keep releasing as soon as feature are ready.. rather than have a dev branch that can be anything up to 6 months ahead
15:03 tuxayo Can it work for software that need training for users?
15:03 Joubu * Bidding deadline?
15:04 cait1 sorry, as we decided no more general so often, I didn't know where to put that one
15:04 ashimema should 'LTS' actually be called 'ESM'
15:04 ashimema 'Extended Security Maintanence'
15:04 ashimema anywho.. we move on
15:04 cait1 #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]haCon22_Proposals
15:04 marcelr Later To See
15:04 tuxayo ashimema: good point, don't forget it for for next meeting ^^
15:04 cait1 caroline_catlady++ set it up
15:05 cait1 i'd like to add a lmore prominent link to processes
15:05 cait1 ah ok, it's there already
15:05 cait1 but deadline is missing
15:05 cait1 how long for biddings?
15:05 cait1 next year is appraoching soon
15:05 cait1 end of january too late?
15:06 cait1 *coughs*
15:06 ashimema partly depends on when the organisors want to host it.
15:06 Joubu when do we open them?
15:06 ashimema if they're thinking end of year Jan isn't too late
15:06 cait1 i thinkw e should open them now
15:06 Joubu has the email sent to the ML?
15:06 ashimema if they're thinking early summer.. Jan is pretty late
15:07 cait1 we are already running late
15:07 ashimema yeah.. we should open asap
15:07 * ashimema has no idea if there are any interested parties out there already.
15:07 Joubu yes, open and close bid end JAN
15:07 Joubu Jan
15:07 ashimema decided 🙂
15:07 cait1 so i am puttin gen dof january
15:07 cait1 woudl someone be so kind and send email to list?
15:07 cait1 ooh
15:07 tuxayo I have a draft for a section about avoiding holiday clash. Shall I sent it to cait1 and caroline in the next days when I finish it?
15:07 cait1 let's make it end before next general
15:08 cait1 we might need to organize voting...
15:08 ashimema perfec tuxayo
15:08 cait1 january 8th?
15:08 ashimema go for it cait1
15:09 cait1 we also need to adjust teh rporting section
15:09 cait1 it says to send soemone to IRC meetings
15:09 cait1 maybe we could ask for a monthly update to koha list?
15:09 cait1 https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ons#Communication
15:09 davidnind +1
15:10 tuxayo +1
15:10 tuxayo more feasible than attending meeting and would solve most problems
15:10 cait1 sorry, the richt section is "Expectations
15:10 Joubu cait1 is waiting for a volunteer to send the email I think
15:10 cait1 https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]successful_bidder
15:10 cait1 we can updat ethe process page first
15:10 cait1 i think the holiday clash one and themailing list one
15:11 cait1 will check back with people on IRC
15:11 cait1 maybe outside a meeting
15:12 Joubu can we move on then?
15:12 cait1 yes
15:12 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
15:12 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 October 2021)
15:13 Joubu Nov 10
15:13 cait1 #action tuxayo to send draft for holiday clash
15:13 tuxayo yes
15:13 Joubu #info Next meeting: 10 November 2021, 14 UTC
15:13 cait1 #action cait to update expectations to monthly report to mailing list
15:13 Joubu #endmeeting
15:13 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software https://koha-community.org
15:13 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Oct 27 15:13:35 2021 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
15:13 huginn` Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-10-27-14.02.html
15:13 huginn` Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]1-10-27-14.02.txt
15:13 huginn` Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]27-14.02.log.html
15:14 fridolin thanks a lot Joubu
15:14 tuxayo thanks all
15:14 tuxayo thanks Joubu++ for chairing
15:14 ashimema Joubu++
15:14 davidnind Joubu++
15:14 * fridolin waves and goes back to bed
15:14 fridolin left #koha
15:14 cait1 thx Joubu
15:14 cait1 lots of interesting, but exhausting topics we got :)
15:14 cait1 Joubu++
15:15 * oleonard was in over his head for most of it
15:15 Joubu oleonard: did you open a bug report about the lost status?
15:15 reiveune bye
15:15 reiveune left #koha
15:15 tuxayo tcohen:  «what about supported platforms?» like supporting recent OSes when the LTS gets old?
15:15 oleonard Joubu: No
15:15 Joubu I think I didn't make any senses
15:15 Joubu please open one and I will have another look tomorrow
15:16 oleonard Okay thanks
15:17 cait1 i think we need something like an action keeper
15:17 thd Building postboxes fell open and jammed the building door :(
15:17 cait1 not the RM
15:17 cait1 for things like KohaCon bidding etc.
15:17 cait1 anything that happens besides development
15:17 cait1 something for another day
15:17 * thd rushes to post office for a fix.
15:19 Joubu like taiga? lol...
15:19 tcohen tuxayo: if we have an LTS version of Koha, it is important to narrow the OS versions it is considered to be supported. Like, Ubuntu 20.04, Debian 9
15:20 Joubu I should better go, bye!
15:20 tcohen JOubu++
15:20 thd Unjamed at the moment but such a simple device needs a better mechanism.
15:24 tuxayo tcohen: Would there be one to drop there? https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]endations#Koha_19.11
15:27 tuxayo Ubuntu 20.04 support was added after the release of Koha 19.11. But people installing 19.11 after .06 could be doing it on 20.04
15:28 tuxayo We might want to adverse a version as LTS after .06 anyway.
15:28 * tuxayo updates the System requirements for 20.05 it doesn't match the CI anymore
15:31 Dyrcona joined #koha
15:33 gooble_gobble joined #koha
15:34 khall joined #koha
15:35 ashimema where are we at with bug 28692 and bug 28700 ?
15:35 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28692 major, P5 - low, ---, stalkernoid, Failed QA , Reduce DB action_log table size
15:35 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:35 wahanui Congratulations!
15:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #224: FIXED in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/224/
15:35 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28700 major, P5 - low, ---, stalkernoid, In Discussion , "Unblessed" method in Object.pm has blessed values for keys in some cases
15:37 ashimema Joubu, marcelr.. do you agree with my suggestion to move the two middle patches from 28700 to 28692 as a basis for passing objects to the actionlogs and working from there to json/dumper/diff ?
15:41 nugged ashimema: yeah, thinking to get with 28700 forward too, just got pointed by Joubu to read yesterday's morning logs/talks, ...
15:41 ashimema 🙂
15:42 nugged I was in hesitation because actually adding JSON for logs will fix my problem with logs too big, "can accept", but for sure it won't make ->unblessed behave to "give hash of 'for sure' scalars" back, what is the actual bug
15:44 ashimema I find the 'unblessed' method name confusing honestly.. we are unblessing the object itself.. what we're not doing it working down the structure and unblessing everything inside it.
15:44 ashimema whether we should or not I'm not really sure
15:45 ashimema there are various bugs around the use of unblessed.. I've hit a few.. where developer have assumed unblessed will give them a fully dereferenced data structure...  that's why I tried to introduce an exception.
15:45 ashimema I think we need to handle the bugs distinctly at this point..
15:46 ashimema for me.. 28700 is a long standing bug and 28692 is just one symptom of it..
15:46 ashimema moving to json for bug 28692 fixes that symptom.. and delays the need to properly fix 28700 (this cycle at least) in my opinion.
15:46 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28692 major, P5 - low, ---, stalkernoid, Failed QA , Reduce DB action_log table size
15:58 ashimema right...
15:58 ashimema my brain is done for the day
15:58 ashimema have a good evening #koha
16:00 cait joined #koha
16:08 magnuse have fun ashimema
16:19 cait2 joined #koha
16:19 cait2 Joubu: more thinking of someone than a tool :)
16:41 khall joined #koha
16:43 nugged >  I've hit a few.. where developer have assumed unblessed will give them a fully dereferenced data structure...
16:43 nugged as well I hit in this expecting it gives "hash of scalars", yeah
16:43 nugged ashimema: let's figure out some solution,
16:43 nugged I am ok for any and even intermediate, for now I installed on that PILOTING single customer/production exactly that patch Petro added in 28700 as temporary for not to claim for extra disk space for customers so often :),
16:44 nugged more: I can say this "as in 28700 1st patch now" HOTFIX tested "in empirical way": it lives since summer for now, manually patched for some (15) customers and nothing big popped out with that method Petro added (it ... works :), nothing else broken at least "seems like that" :P )
16:45 nugged ok, /me back to consume latest community master to my custom based on it build to install on that "piloting customer" tomorrow morning (huh! :) )
17:30 cait1 joined #koha
17:34 cait1 left #koha
18:01 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1798: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 4 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1798/
18:43 davidnind joined #koha
18:57 domm joined #koha
19:13 davidnind left #koha
19:41 jdonaldson[m] joined #koha
19:48 james joined #koha
19:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U_Stable build #15: SUCCESS in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]0.05_U_Stable/15/
20:04 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #209: SUCCESS in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U18/209/
20:15 davidnind joined #koha
20:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #336: SUCCESS in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U16/336/
20:17 davidnind What's the easiest way with koha-testing-docker to start the installation process for a site? (create a new instance or empty kohadev database)
20:17 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #372: SUCCESS in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/372/
20:17 davidnind I'm sure I've done it in the past, but I didn't make any notes :-(
20:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D11 build #726: SUCCESS in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D11/726/
20:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #331: UNSTABLE in 59 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/331/
20:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #324: SUCCESS in 1 hr 3 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/324/
20:27 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D11 build #727: FAILURE in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D11/727/
20:39 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U21 build #6: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.05_U21/6/
20:46 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D11 build #728: STILL FAILING in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D11/728/
20:47 gooble_gobble joined #koha
20:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U21 build #7: SUCCESS in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.05_U21/7/
21:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #373: UNSTABLE in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/373/
21:14 fridolin joined #koha
21:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #210: SUCCESS in 58 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U18/210/
21:18 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
21:18 wahanui Congratulations!
21:18 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #332: FIXED in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/332/
21:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #374: FAILURE in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/374/
22:01 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
22:01 wahanui Congratulations!
22:01 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D11 build #729: FIXED in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D11/729/
22:03 davidnind I got part of the way to get to the web installer in KTD, but I think I'm missing something obvious - progress so far: https://gitlab.com/-/snippets/[…]the-web-installer
22:31 cait1 joined #koha
22:31 cait1 left #koha
22:46 fridolin davidnind: thanks a lot for your hard work
22:46 fridolin cool I'm near NZ timezone now B)
22:47 fridolin its really tricky to be in a different day that France, actually 12h diff
22:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U_Stable build #56: SUCCESS in 24 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9.11_U_Stable/56/
22:55 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U21 build #2: UNSTABLE in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_19.11_U21/2/
22:55 davidnind fridolin: no problem - will probably need to concentrate on the docs for the next little while
22:56 fridolin great
22:56 davidnind trying not to fill up the QA queue too much, but the needs sign off keeps on filling up as well
22:57 fridolin your our master signoff-man ^^
22:57 davidnind hope the time difference doesn't make it too hard to keep up with colleagues
22:57 davidnind Ii try (sometimes....)
22:57 fridolin its a challenge but hé its a world community
22:58 fridolin we have internet over optic fiber its great
22:58 davidnind I'm not normally on during the day, but just slacking off a bit this morning :-D
22:58 fridolin we are connected over sea with NZ :)
23:00 davidnind that's good!
23:01 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #432: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/432/
23:07 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #352: SUCCESS in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U18/352/
23:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D11 build #19: SUCCESS in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D11/19/
23:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U16 build #109: SUCCESS in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U16/109/
23:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #369: SUCCESS in 25 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/369/
23:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U20 build #254: SUCCESS in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U20/254/
23:46 kellym joined #koha
23:50 davidnind left #koha
23:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D10 build #206: SUCCESS in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_D10/206/
23:59 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #370: ABORTED in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/370/

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary