IRC log for #koha, 2019-06-06

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:54 dpk_ joined #koha
01:19 alexbuckley joined #koha
01:35 alexbuckley Hi all!
01:59 wizzyrea joined #koha
02:09 wizzyrea huh. lastseen doesn't seem to actually log the last opac login like the schema suggests it should
02:09 wizzyrea but updated_on... seems to update with a login
02:09 wizzyrea (and lots of other stuff
02:09 wizzyrea )
02:12 wizzyrea akshully never mind it doesn't track a login anywhere that must have been a coincidence
02:28 alexbuckley joined #koha
03:06 wizzyrea hi alexbuckley - are you back from your massive holiday?
03:09 alexbuckley hi wizzyrea, yup back from my massive holiday. landed at 11am this morning after 36 hrs of commuting from Geneva
03:09 wizzyrea lol omgosh just today
03:09 wizzyrea you aren't at work are you?!
03:10 alexbuckley hehe yes I am, keen to get back into it
03:10 wizzyrea it looked like you had THE BEST time
03:10 alexbuckley I did have the best time. So many amazing experiences like staying with my Moroccan guide's family which was so cool
03:11 wizzyrea <heart eyes>
03:11 wizzyrea so awesome
03:13 alexbuckley will take a few weeks to process as seen so much the start of the trip ends up a bit of a blur
03:13 wizzyrea hehe yeah I reckon!
03:17 alexbuckley its nice doing the group tours in Morocco as you meet a load of travel obsessed people from all around the world (most were from Canada) and make lots of new friends (we're all still in contact weeks after that tour finished and plan to meet up again at some point) :)
03:18 alexbuckley and how are you?
03:27 wizzyrea yeah doin ok ;)
03:29 wizzyrea i have a fluffy doggie next to me, that's nice
04:14 indradg joined #koha
04:39 indradg joined #koha
05:05 chris joined #koha
05:18 kohaputti joined #koha
05:30 cait joined #koha
05:49 calire joined #koha
05:59 indradg joined #koha
06:20 magnuse joined #koha
06:23 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:09 alex_a joined #koha
07:10 indradg joined #koha
07:14 reiveune joined #koha
07:18 fridolin joined #koha
07:22 reiveune joined #koha
07:24 cait joined #koha
07:26 sophie_m joined #koha
07:28 liliputech_asu joined #koha
07:28 liliputech_asu 'lo :)
07:28 magnuse 'i liliputech_asu
07:30 * cait waves
07:41 magnuse kia ora cait
07:42 cait it's good to be back :)
07:45 matts hi :)
07:47 ashimema hi
07:47 wahanui bidet, ashimema
07:47 cait hi matts, hi boss
07:50 magnuse joined #koha
08:13 indradg joined #koha
08:14 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:33 davidnind joined #koha
08:51 magnuse joined #koha
09:19 indradg joined #koha
09:35 magnuse joined #koha
10:10 marcelr joined #koha
10:10 marcelr hi #koha
10:16 calire hi marcelr
10:20 marcelr hi calire :)
10:21 khall joined #koha
10:24 gk joined #koha
10:24 gk hi koha
10:25 gk I am trying to install 19.05 on ubuntu 18.04 using packages and not able to update after adding repository Error: apt-secure(8)
10:44 gk joined #koha
11:29 oleonard joined #koha
11:29 oleonard Hi all
11:29 * cait waves at marcelr
11:31 dpk_ joined #koha
11:33 calire hi oleonard
11:33 wahanui hi oleopard
11:34 cait @later tell wizzyrea - just updated demo versions again, 3 on 19.05 already
11:34 huginn` cait: The operation succeeded.
11:34 cait @later tell gmcharlt equinox demo is lat on 17.11 now - maybe give it a little push?
11:34 huginn` cait: The operation succeeded.
11:36 oleonard That 3.22 installation, still hangin' on!
11:37 cait oh which one?
11:37 wahanui which one is that
11:37 oleonard Biblibre's https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]emo_Installations
11:37 cait https://koha-community.org/demo/
11:38 cait guess we should deduplicate :)
11:38 oleonard ...except folks can update their own listings in the wiki but not on the web page
11:39 cait yeah
11:39 cait link and updat both?
11:40 oleonard Maybe someone could watch the wiki page and make updates to the other page as needed
11:40 cait https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]jor_release_tasks
11:41 cait i can take care of bug clean-up next week i think have to ask rangi
11:45 * oleonard always worries we're missing wiki features because we're on an old version of MediaWiki
11:45 cait yeah :(
11:45 cait and the stange navigation behaviour is not nice too
11:45 cait for new pages without categories
11:47 khall joined #koha
11:47 * ashimema has been trying to get the mediawiki verson upgraded for literally years
11:47 ashimema I gave up
11:47 oleonard I can't remember the reason for the hold-up, but I know it wasn't just inertia.
11:47 ashimema we have lots of random plugins installed which prevent us from upgrading I believe
11:48 ashimema but.. I would argue most of them can be removed as we're not using the majority properly and those we are have often become core features in recent mediawiki's
11:48 ashimema there's a docs meeting later today.. perhaps it could be brought up
11:48 oleonard Good idea
11:54 cait i think go back to basic
11:54 cait and a recent version
11:55 cait if we really end up missing something, reimplement.. but i doubt we will
11:56 oleonard Maybe if gmcharlt is available he could pop into the meeting
11:58 kidclamp should 'New subscription' when viewing a subscription default to the same biblionumber? it seems odd to have diffeeent behaviour
11:59 kidclamp link when viewing a subscription: http://localhost:8081/cgi-bin/[…]w_subscription=42
11:59 kidclamp link on serials home: http://localhost:8081/cgi-bin/[…]bscription-add.pl
12:03 oleonard pass
12:10 magnuse kia ora marcelr! so nice to meet you in dublin!
12:10 magnuse marcelr: i wonder if misc/bin/set-selinux-labels.sh still makes sense. it has not been updated since it was submitted in 2012...
12:16 laurence joined #koha
12:25 khall joined #koha
12:27 eythian hi
12:29 oleonard Is it plack or memcached which makes it necessary to restart_all after making a change to columns_settings.yml?
12:30 oleonard Hi eythian
12:30 eythian hi oleopard
12:31 eythian marcelr: I spent a while the other day hanging around your work, because I have a visitor who visited there.
12:32 eythian oh, that made him leave before I even pressed enter.
12:32 sophie_m joined #koha
12:33 magnuse eythian: maybe he doesn't like stalkers
12:34 eythian magnuse: nah, that can't be it.
12:41 AndyBoze joined #koha
12:56 lucyvh joined #koha
12:56 magnuse joined #koha
12:58 davidnind Hi AndyBoze and lucyvh!
12:58 AndyBoze Hello!
12:59 ashimema it's an hour until the docs meeting right?
12:59 ashimema or did I get my timezones wrong again
12:59 oleonard Sounds right to me
13:00 ashimema coolios
13:00 AndyBoze I thought it was now.
13:00 lucyvh My converter thingy says it should be now
13:02 lucyvh I think we decided at the last meeting to hold it slightly earlier
13:02 ashimema oh wierd..
13:02 ashimema the wiki and the calendar dissagree with eachoher
13:03 oleonard Joubu around by any chance?
13:04 ashimema caroline around yet?
13:04 ashimema caroline_catlady:
13:05 cait hi :)
13:05 cait am I late?
13:06 oleonard We just don't know!!
13:06 ashimema your either a few minutes late or nearly an hour early cait
13:06 cait oh
13:06 ashimema depending on if you look at the calendar or the wiki page
13:06 ashimema oopsi
13:07 georgew joined #koha
13:09 lucyvh Where's the calendar ashimena?
13:09 lucyvh I always look on the wiki page only
13:10 oleonard https://calendar.google.com/ca[…]XIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ
13:11 lucyvh Thanks
13:11 oleonard Or this, without requiring login: https://calendar.google.com/ca[…]merica%2FNew_York
13:11 ashimema or https://koha-community.org/calendar/
13:11 davidnind joined #koha
13:12 davidnind Apologies everyone, my network cable fell out and I was talking to myself!
13:13 magnuse the meeting that was yesterday started 24 hours and 12 minutes ago, i think
13:13 davidnind #startmeeting Documentation IRC meeting 6 June 2019
13:13 huginn` Meeting started Thu Jun  6 13:13:24 2019 UTC.  The chair is davidnind. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:13 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:13 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 6 June 2019)
13:13 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_6_june_2019'
13:13 magnuse for what it is worth
13:13 davidnind #topic Introductions
13:13 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 6 June 2019)
13:13 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
13:14 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS-Europe
13:14 lucyvh #info Lucy Vaux-Harvey, PTFS Europe
13:14 AndyBoze #info Andy Boze, University of Notre Dame, USA
13:14 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
13:16 davidnind Hi everyone, thanks for coming along, and apologies for the late start!
13:16 davidnind #topic Action points
13:16 Topic for #koha is now Action points (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 6 June 2019)
13:17 davidnind #info Agenda https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eting_6_June_2019
13:18 davidnind No progress to report on my actions points, so I think I will skip over these
13:19 caroline_catlady #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro
13:19 caroline_catlady Hi sorry I'm late!
13:19 davidnind Will try and get on top of these in the next few days, particularly the list of suggested tasks to work on (from easy to hard)
13:19 davidnind hi caroline_catlady!
13:20 davidnind no worries, we started a but late because of "technical difficulties" on my end!
13:20 davidnind #topic What's been done so far
13:20 Topic for #koha is now What's been done so far (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 6 June 2019)
13:21 davidnind I've added a quick update on the agenda, but to summarise...
13:22 davidnind there was kohacon...
13:22 davidnind I've not done much, apart from some minor updates
13:23 caroline_catlady Before KohaCon, I updated taiga with the release notes
13:24 davidnind caroline_catalady++
13:24 davidnind it is a bit of a mission trying to keep all the things pushed updated on taiga!
13:24 caroline_catlady yeah ,that's about all I did for the whole cycle, so no ++ for me
13:25 davidnind ashimema added a section to the intro on contributing to Koha
13:25 ashimema :)
13:25 davidnind every little but helps, and everyone has been busy I think
13:25 lucyvh Thanks for adding me to the Taiga team btw.  I've not had chance to do any updates though
13:26 davidnind sorry that took so long, AndyBoze is added now as well
13:26 wizzyrea joined #koha
13:26 caroline_catlady davidnind: did I make you admin on taiga?
13:26 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ
13:26 AndyBoze I've been trying to get prepared for working on documentation, so I'd love to tackle some of the easier things to get started.
13:27 caroline_catlady Also, did you get merging rights on gitlab?
13:27 davidnind caroline_catalady: yes you did!
13:27 cait and davidnind did a great presentation and capitalization updates
13:27 caroline_catlady yes awesome presentation! davidnind++
13:28 davidnind caroline_catlady: not yet I think for merging rights (although I haven't tried!)
13:28 caroline_catlady ok, let me check right now
13:29 davidnind thanks, not the greatest at presentations...
13:29 caroline_catlady it didn't show, it was great
13:30 davidnind also did a "workshop" at kohacon, which was more of a presentation on adding text for the release notes in bugzilla and the easy way to edit the manual on GitLab
13:30 davidnind :-D
13:30 cait davidnind++
13:30 cait we shoudl probably #info more
13:30 oleonard If it doesn't look to others like you're bad at presentations it means you're good at presentations
13:31 cait #info Kohacon had a documentation presentation and a workshop, thelatter focusing on release notes in bugzilla and editing with gitlab
13:31 davidnind thanks cait, I forget to do those!
13:31 cait #info davidnind to get merging rights on gitlab
13:31 cait who do go to for taiga access?
13:31 cait just for the info
13:31 cait i got it :)
13:31 * ashimema apologises the 'workshops' didn't go as to plan as I'd hoped.. I wanted to try and make them more interactive but on the day the facilities didn't really lend themselve to it.
13:32 caroline_catlady for taiga, I guess any team manager present or past
13:32 dpk_ joined #koha
13:32 caroline_catlady :)
13:32 caroline_catlady so lee, me or david
13:32 davidnind it still worked out okay in the end with the workshops
13:32 cait #info If you need to get access to taige, ask caroline_catlady, davidnind or Lee
13:33 cait shoudl we got ot the action points?
13:33 davidnind there was a lot of interest in getting started with editing the manual
13:34 davidnind cait: I skipped over those as I haven't made much progress on those...
13:34 cait ah ok
13:34 cait i got a question :)
13:34 caroline_catlady after talking with severine and lucyvh, I think we should do a "git for librarians" section
13:34 cait do we refrain from updating screenshots until we have figured out automation?
13:34 caroline_catlady to explain the process because for most of us, git isn't a part of our day to day and may be hard to get a hold of
13:35 caroline_catlady (on the wiki I mean, not in the manual)
13:35 cait would you be able to write it?
13:35 cait not sure what is needed
13:35 caroline_catlady cait: unless we need a new one right?
13:35 caroline_catlady (screeshots)
13:36 * ashimema is happy to help but would need guidance as to what sort of thing you needed
13:36 cait i was not sure about the guideline (screenshots) - my coworker was filing bugs for outdated ones
13:36 cait so we got stuck ont he question how to fix them
13:36 davidnind agree, we also talked about having a visual guide or diagram of the git workflow
13:36 ashimema what sorts of tasks you're wanting to carry out and then I can advice on how best to approach them
13:37 davidnind for screenshots, I think just manually updating them at the moment until I get the automated part sorted out
13:38 caroline_catlady re: git: this is a course I followed when I first started here, and it clears it up a lot (though I still need my git sensei at work) https://www.pluralsight.com/co[…]e-school-git-real
13:38 cait #info manually updating screenshots is ok, until automation is sorted out
13:38 davidnind #action create a section on git for beginners for editing  manual, aimed at those who aren't familiar with git
13:38 cait i think codeacademy has a free git tutorial as well
13:38 caroline_catlady #link https://www.pluralsight.com/co[…]e-school-git-real
13:39 caroline_catlady this is the one, codecademy ws merged with pluralsight
13:39 cait oh!
13:40 caroline_catlady oh no nevermind, its codeschool that was merged
13:40 cait #link https://www.codecademy.com/learn/learn-git
13:41 davidnind I like this one too http://ohshitgit.com/
13:41 cait #link http://ohshitgit.com/
13:41 davidnind I guess pulling together some of the useful guides for beginners would be useful as well
13:42 davidnind luncyvh and AndyBoze: is git something you are familiar with?
13:43 lucyvh No, I'd never used it until I started doing the manual
13:43 AndyBoze I've only had a little experience with git, and nothing too recent.
13:44 lucyvh I think those links will be really useful - particularly the last one!
13:44 caroline_catlady there's this, but it seems really detailed https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Control_Using_Git
13:44 davidnind perfect for providing feedback on anything we come up with, or on Editing the Koha Manual page!
13:45 fridolin left #koha
13:46 davidnind just to finish ff the agenda item, rangi has made some changes on gitlab so that if you fork the repository you don't get continuous integration errors when you make a change
13:46 davidnind ff s/be off!
13:46 cait yay!
13:47 cait #info gitlab configuration has been fixed so forking doesn't give you CI errors
13:47 caroline_catlady is that the pipeline fials?
13:47 cait yep
13:47 caroline_catlady woohoo!
13:47 caroline_catlady rangi++
13:48 davidnind I just did something yesterday to test it out, and I didn't get any of the errors
13:48 davidnind I guess to summarise we need to make it as easy as possible for people to get up to speed (in a gentle way) using git and the workflow
13:50 davidnind and I need to put together a list of tasks from easy to harder that people to get started on
13:51 davidnind #action davidnind to put together a list of documentation tasks from easy to harder to help those getting started
13:51 davidnind any other thoughts before we move onto the next agenda item?
13:52 davidnind #topic Workflow
13:52 Topic for #koha is now Workflow (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 6 June 2019)
13:52 davidnind I think we've covered this, unless anyone has anything to add or any more ideas?
13:53 davidnind #topic Next steps
13:53 Topic for #koha is now Next steps (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 6 June 2019)
13:54 davidnind I think I
13:54 davidnind I think I'll skip over translation - I haven't got my head around how this works...
13:54 davidnind yet...
13:55 cait we are actively wrking on the German tarnslation for 18.11 currently
13:56 davidnind excellent!
13:56 wahanui darn tootin' it is.
13:57 davidnind do you feedback into the english version where you find it difficult to translate the text?
13:57 caroline_catlady I know the fr-FR team is working on the french version a lot... not so much for fr-CA
13:58 davidnind #info active work being done on German and fr-FR translations
13:58 caroline_catlady I instructed the fr-FR team to open bugs on bugzilla if they found typos or things that needed work
13:59 davidnind that's great, english-only speakers can get lazy when we write!
14:00 magnuse joined #koha
14:00 davidnind #info raise bugs on bugzilla for any text that is difficult to translate or where there are typos
14:00 caroline_catlady that's fine, everyone makes typos. It's just that when we translate, it's one sentence at a time, so it's obvious
14:01 cait davidnind: mostly my coworker doing translation right now, he filed bugs for screenshots at least
14:01 cait yeah, true for the typos
14:02 davidnind great, I'll make sure I pick those up, add to taiga, and be  a bit more responsive
14:03 davidnind For the 19.05 release I'm conscious of trying to get the new features such as mana and the changes to system preference incorporated
14:04 davidnind There should be tasks in taiga (thanks caroline_catlady!) for all of these
14:04 davidnind So if you are looking for something to do, this may be a good place to start
14:04 * ashimema is going to slowly ramp up the requirement for original bug submitter to at least submit a first cut manual entry
14:05 caroline_catlady ashimema is getting his whip ready lol
14:06 davidnind ashimema: that would be great, even if it is a text file or something attached to the bug would provide a great starting point
14:06 davidnind has anyone got any ideas on specific priorities, or things they want covered first?
14:06 lucyvh Sorry, I have to drop out of the meeting for school run - bye for now
14:06 davidnind thanks lucyvh!
14:07 davidnind apologies for going over, I'm conscious hat you are all working at the moment I think!
14:07 cait maybe sysprefs, notices
14:07 cait those are quick and i think might be often looked up
14:08 davidnind #info things to work on for 19.05 release - system preference changes and notices
14:09 davidnind #info other things to work on are the new features
14:10 davidnind is everyone able to hang in there for a few minutes to do the koha-docs mailing list or would you prefer just to set the time for the next meeting?
14:10 caroline_catlady I'm around anyway
14:10 * ashimema is still listening
14:10 davidnind thanks!
14:10 calire left #koha
14:10 davidnind #topic Other items
14:10 Topic for #koha is now Other items (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 6 June 2019)
14:10 AndyBoze I can stay.
14:12 davidnind I sent a message to the mailing list about making the archive open https://lists.koha-community.o[…]-June/thread.html
14:12 davidnind the feedback was all in agreement (thanks for those that provided it!)
14:13 davidnind does anyone have anything they would like to add, or should we just vote on it?
14:13 davidnind (have always wanted to runga vote thingy!)
14:13 davidnind if it is something we need to vote on...
14:13 caroline_catlady if everyone is in agreement, I would say go ahead, but we can vote too
14:14 davidnind I'll start a vote...
14:14 davidnind #startvote Do you agree to making the koha-docs mailing list archive open? Yes, No, Abstain
14:14 huginn` Begin voting on: Do you agree to making the koha-docs mailing list archive open? Valid vote options are Yes, No, Abstain.
14:14 huginn` Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
14:15 davidnind #vote Yes
14:15 caroline_catlady #vote Yes
14:15 AndyBoze #vote Yes
14:15 ashimema #vote Yes
14:16 davidnind #endvote
14:16 huginn` Voted on "Do you agree to making the koha-docs mailing list archive open?" Results are
14:16 huginn` Yes (4): ashimema, davidnind, caroline_catlady, AndyBoze
14:17 caroline_catlady does anyone else have a security warning when going to that page?
14:17 davidnind #agreed The koha-docs mailing list archive will be made open
14:17 oleonard caroline_catlady: Yes. Self-issued SSL certificate.
14:18 caroline_catlady ok, glad to know it's not just me :)
14:18 oleonard Self-issued by Biblibre, so it's just a technicality. But unfortunate.
14:18 caroline_catlady I'd already sent an email to paul
14:18 caroline_catlady but that was weeks ago, I was wondering if they were able to reproduce
14:19 davidnind I didn't notice as I added an exception probably ages ago...
14:19 reiveune left #koha
14:20 davidnind maybe add on bugzilla under the  infrastructure area
14:21 cait oh oops sorry, yes from me too!
14:21 cait for the archive
14:21 davidnind thanks cait!
14:22 davidnind #action mailing list website security certificate causes browser errors, raise an issue on bugzilla
14:22 davidnind #topic Set time for next meeting
14:22 Topic for #koha is now Set time for next meeting (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 6 June 2019)
14:23 davidnind The general IRC meeting is a week later because of US holidays, should we do the same?
14:23 davidnind that would make it 11 July 2019
14:23 davidnind any is everyone happy with this time?
14:24 AndyBoze It's good for me.
14:24 caroline_catlady I am away training that week, but feel free to hold it sans moi
14:25 davidnind happy to keep to the normal time which would be 4 July
14:26 AndyBoze 4 July works for me, too.
14:26 davidnind we have no more public holidays until October in NZ  :-(
14:26 davidnind thanks AndyBoze!
14:26 davidnind #info Next meeting 4 July 2019 13:00 UTC
14:26 davidnind #endmeeting
14:26 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software http://koha-community.org
14:26 huginn` Meeting ended Thu Jun  6 14:26:57 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
14:26 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-06-06-13.13.html
14:26 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]9-06-06-13.13.txt
14:26 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]06-13.13.log.html
14:27 davidnind phew, thanks everyone and apologies for going over time!
14:27 oleonard Schedule all meetings on US holidays to keep the loudmouths out ;)
14:27 caroline_catlady oleonard: lol!
14:28 oleonard davidnind: Did you see our brief discussion earlier about upgrading the wiki?
14:29 davidnind I did see it, when I woke up!
14:29 davidnind Who looks after the hosting for the wiki?
14:29 oleonard I think Equinox
14:30 oleonard Yes
14:30 oleonard https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ministration#wiki.koha-community.org
14:31 davidnind MediaWiki 1.16.2 is really quite old now - 2011!
14:32 oleonard An straight upgrade might be impossible because of plugins, so it may require some kind of manual migration of content
14:33 davidnind What's the best approach, log a bugzilla item and take the discussion from there?
14:33 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 10215: DBRev 19.06.00.002 <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]40a7dd7a891c713b4>
14:33 oleonard I think that's as good an approach as any
14:33 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 10215: (follow-up) Fix the failing test <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]4702446e60f7de4b6>
14:33 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 10215: (follow-up) Correct existing data <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]9b23b72a25170462e>
14:33 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22958: Fix help link on the SMS providers page <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]73476de1f91000502>
14:33 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23027: Make Suggestions.t pass even if no biblio in DB <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]8970a3f8e85c1a4e8>
14:33 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22919: Fix insert of authorities_normal_marc21.sql with strict SQL modes <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]8b9c0cc492016455d>
14:34 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 10215: Increase the size of opacnote and librariannote for table subscriptionhistory <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]50bd1776a76942397>
14:35 davidnind I'd be happy to test and find any problems (I think setting up a mediawiki install was relatively easy, although I've not done it for a long time...)
14:39 AndyBoze left #koha
14:41 davidnind Extensions installed https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Special:Version
14:42 ashimema it's the categorytree stuff that I think was the sticking point in particular
14:42 ashimema but.. personally I don't like it ;)
14:42 davidnind I'm happy to log a request on bugzilla and take it from there (when I next wake up!)
14:42 oleonard Yeah I think the categories are often more confusing than helpful
14:43 davidnind You'd think with some librarians around we would be good at categorising things!
14:44 davidnind To many categories can be just as bad as not enough
14:44 cait i think noone knows how it works
14:44 cait and it was a bit buggy
14:44 davidnind :-D
14:44 wizzyrea hi
14:44 davidnind See if anyone misses it?
14:45 davidnind hi wizzyrea!
14:45 caroline_catlady we'll dewey everything on the wiki, lol
14:45 cait yeah tht would totally be my approach
14:45 wizzyrea !!!
14:45 AnnaBoten Error: "!!" is not a valid command.
14:45 wahanui i already had it that way, AnnaBoten.
14:45 cait if you make the bug, maybe add galen charlton to it in cc
14:45 ashimema yup
14:45 cait I think we'll need his help in figuring this out
14:47 cait bye all, bbl :)
14:47 cait left #koha
14:47 davidnind Will do!
14:47 davidnind bye cait!
14:57 davidnind night/morning/evening everyone!
14:58 davidnind left #koha
15:12 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22867: DBRev 19.06.00.003 <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]0994be1869b0ac629>
15:12 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22910: Do not copy unique patron attributes to duplicated patron <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]dea46f70366237699>
15:12 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22867: Update the syspref's description in sysprefs.sql <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]6d2f0efad2fda50a1>
15:12 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22867: (QA follow-up) Build items.json for UniqueItemFields <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]21fdf371f8c51f1ba>
15:12 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 8558: (QA follow-up) a little more text clean up <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]6b49a0db516e67bda>
15:12 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22867: UniqueItemFields preference value should be pipe-delimited <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]fbd0e4899b11e3c42>
15:12 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 8558: Improve confirmation message for importing frameworks <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]57bbdc4c5bddb4d5f>
15:12 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 20986: (follow-up) Avoid br tags, but allow for line breaks to be added easily... <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]d6a1e1351d0e1de9b>
15:12 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 20986: Add 867 and 868 holdings display <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]b7c471402965b3e1b>
15:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #755: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/755/
15:20 indradg joined #koha
15:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #249: STILL UNSTABLE in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/249/
15:33 dpk_ joined #koha
15:33 laurence left #koha
15:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #265: SUCCESS in 24 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/265/
15:35 cait joined #koha
15:53 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #756: UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/756/
15:58 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #266: UNSTABLE in 24 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/266/
16:03 indradg joined #koha
16:15 khall joined #koha
16:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #250: STILL UNSTABLE in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/250/
16:30 huginn` News from kohagit: Revert "Bug 22867: (QA follow-up) Build items.json for UniqueItemFields" <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]30cb81f255f4104d7>
16:31 oleonard Oooh I made a patch too big for git-bz. Is there a prize for that?
16:33 ashimema lol
16:34 oleonard (Bug 23013)
16:34 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=23013 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Upgrade DataTables in the staff client
16:37 Joubu @later tell alex_a Tu pourrais jeter un coup d'œil à ça stp: https://gitlab.com/koha-commun[…]/merge_requests/1
16:37 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
17:03 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:03 wahanui Congratulations!
17:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #757: FIXED in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/757/
17:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #251: STILL UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/251/
17:15 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:15 wahanui Congratulations!
17:15 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #267: FIXED in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/267/
17:25 oleonard Bug 23013 ready for testing, but I couldn't get the patch on Bugzilla
17:25 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=23013 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Upgrade DataTables in the staff client
17:26 oleonard ...which is a bummer because I'm excited about it and want it to be easily tested.
17:26 lukeG joined #koha
17:28 oleonard cait did you see my comment the other day on Bug 23031?
17:28 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=23031 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Improve UX of buttons on order search page
17:34 dpk_ joined #koha
17:58 Shane-S joined #koha
18:00 Shane-S So I have report I made via SQL sorting in itemcallnumber and the results don't make sense. We are using text like "F AP" and "F AL" for stuff...but some records are sorted out of place. https://snag.gy/K6EBd3.jpg
18:00 Shane-S Would I have to the CLI and pull the records out to see if there are odd characters now being presented in HTML?
18:01 Shane-S Version is 18.11.05.000
18:03 oleonard Shane-S: And you're sorting specifically by itemcallnumber?
18:04 Shane-S oleonard: ORDER BY i.itemcallnumber ASC, b.title, datelastseen DESC
18:06 caroline_catlady Shane-S: try sorting by cn_sort
18:06 caroline_catlady also, make sure your items have the "other classification scheme" value in the classification field (952$2 I think)
18:07 oleonard I am curious, though, why the values in Shane-S's report are sorting the way they are.
18:08 caroline_catlady it is weird, somehow I wonder if the classification scheme is not lcc or something
18:08 Shane-S No clue what scheme we use...I will check that out and try the cn_sort
18:08 Shane-S thank you!
18:08 oleonard caroline_catlady: Bug if you're simply sorting by itemcallnumber that's looking at call number as-is, nothing to do with classification scheme.
18:09 oleonard s/Bug/But
18:09 caroline_catlady oh right...
18:10 caroline_catlady must be encoding then?
18:11 caroline_catlady Shane-S: can you share your sql here? paste.koha-community.org
18:15 pastebot "Shane-S" at 127.0.0.1 pasted "My SQL" (9 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/2699
18:17 Shane-S We imported all our record from an old Follet System running on OS 9 using the MARC converter and have been using this DB since 3.x days, server is a new build since 2016. Not that it helps much, I just try and get it working I will try and adjust the sort
18:19 Shane-S cn_sort looks perfect
18:20 caroline_catlady oh cool
18:21 caroline_catlady still weird, like oleonard said that itemcallnumber doesn't sort the right way though
18:21 ashimema 23013.. do you have GitHub or anywhere to post a branch for that bug Owen?
18:21 ashimema That's probably the easiest thing to do and then recommend people use the bywater or newest ptfs-e sandboxes and pount them at the branch instead of using git bz
18:22 oleonard ashimema: That's what I did. Posted a link to my GitLab
18:25 wizzyrea can someone tell me, off the top of their heads
18:25 wizzyrea when does lastseen get updated?
18:25 wizzyrea I keep trying to get it to change on say, opac login
18:25 wizzyrea but it doesn't seem to?
18:25 wizzyrea that's with the pref to track that on
18:26 cait joined #koha
18:26 wizzyrea if nobody knows I'll just go chase it down
18:26 caroline_catlady lastseen for borrowers you mean?
18:27 caroline_catlady I thought lastseen was for transactions (like loan, return, etc), but I might be wrong
18:27 caroline_catlady If you do chase it down, let us know?
18:27 wizzyrea yeah
18:27 wizzyrea the syspref says...
18:27 wizzyrea TrackLastPatronActivity
18:28 wizzyrea track last patron activity. Every time a patron will connect, the borrowers.lastseen will be updated with the current time.
18:28 wizzyrea so that seems to indicate a "connection" idk what that means really
18:28 wizzyrea what is a connection in this context?
18:28 wizzyrea a new session?
18:28 wizzyrea anyway
18:28 wizzyrea that's where I'm at :)
18:31 wizzyrea ohhhh
18:31 wizzyrea it'll only do it daily
18:31 wizzyrea so once a day
18:32 wizzyrea if you log in, it'll update your lastseen
18:32 wizzyrea that's a bit dumb because it's a datetime
18:32 wizzyrea but whatever!
18:32 wahanui whatever is local.
18:33 ashimema I think it's also set by SIP
18:34 ashimema Oh really.. I wasn't aware of that at all
18:35 ashimema Glad I'm not testing it.. lol
18:35 ashimema So is it not a timestamp but just a date
18:35 ashimema That could be fun to test
18:36 ashimema Do something, wait a day.. lol
18:36 ashimema Wha..
18:37 wizzyrea it *has* a timestamp
18:43 lisettelatah joined #koha
18:43 ashimema Wierd
18:50 lukeG joined #koha
18:51 oleonard See y'all tomorrow
19:35 dpk_ joined #koha
19:55 kathryn joined #koha
20:10 wizzyrea ashimema, weird is exactly what I said!
20:21 Joubu wizzyrea: have you seen bug 15504?
20:22 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=15504 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Track Patron's Last Activity
20:23 Joubu and also bug 18821 (updated only once a day since that bug has been pushed)
20:23 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=18821 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, RESOLVED FIXED, TrackLastPatronActivity is a performance killer
20:29 wizzyrea right, I just went and read the code to find out what I found out - but thatks bvery much for the bugs those are interesting
20:35 lukeG joined #koha
21:05 sophie_m joined #koha
21:06 alexbuckley joined #koha
21:34 cait davidnind++
21:34 cait good night all
21:36 dpk_ joined #koha
21:43 lukeG1 joined #koha
21:58 vero joined #koha
22:00 vero what to do for the user to start with his cardnumber replacing the userid, thanks
22:01 alifa joined #koha
22:02 alifa Hi
22:02 alifa Is there any way to restrict permissions to download attached files so just a specific patron group or list can download attached file or even specific material type through Opac? Also is it possible to restrict number of files every group can download per day or mounth?
22:02 alifa If not I thinks it is neccessary that it should be a system that control permissions for download attached files for example dissertations of PHD just was downloadable for PHD degree patrons; or patron accounts can be charged by payment or something else so patrons can download based on creadit of his account
22:02 alifa In our library we use a library system that very complete and multi-layer system for access to files for example by patron groups, libraries, material type etc. but it seams that koha has not any solution for it.
22:03 aja joined #koha
22:06 vero what system we use, alifa
22:09 alifa we have a library system named Azarsa, one of most popular library softwares in my country
22:11 alifa but its unimarc based and has a lot of problems so we want replace it by another marc21 based
22:23 alifa you know someone can create custom plugins for koha?  vero
22:26 wizzyrea joined #koha
22:27 vero modules of your library.programming
23:20 papa joined #koha
23:37 dpk_ joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary