IRC log for #koha, 2018-10-15

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:03 Margaret joined #koha
00:03 SuccubusInTraining joined #koha
00:11 Margaret joined #koha
00:19 Margaret joined #koha
00:27 Margaret joined #koha
00:41 jo joined #koha
00:43 Margaret joined #koha
01:00 Margaret joined #koha
01:12 Margaret joined #koha
01:15 jo joined #koha
01:20 Margaret joined #koha
01:29 Margaret joined #koha
01:37 Margaret_ joined #koha
01:45 Margaret joined #koha
01:53 Margaret joined #koha
02:01 Margaret joined #koha
02:09 Margaret joined #koha
02:17 Margaret_ joined #koha
02:25 Margaret_ joined #koha
02:32 Margaret_ joined #koha
02:38 Margaret joined #koha
02:46 Margaret joined #koha
02:49 cait1 joined #koha
02:55 Margaret joined #koha
03:09 Margaret joined #koha
03:19 Margaret joined #koha
03:27 Margaret joined #koha
03:29 hjb4 joined #koha
03:35 Margaret joined #koha
03:44 Margaret_ joined #koha
03:53 aleisha joined #koha
03:53 Margaret joined #koha
03:58 cdickinson joined #koha
04:01 Margaret joined #koha
05:46 Margaret joined #koha
05:55 Margaret joined #koha
05:56 calire joined #koha
05:58 laurence joined #koha
06:00 cait joined #koha
06:03 Margaret joined #koha
06:08 m23_ joined #koha
06:36 marcelr joined #koha
06:36 marcelr hi #koha
06:36 reiveune joined #koha
06:37 reiveune hello
06:37 wahanui what's up, reiveune
06:44 alexbuckley joined #koha
06:46 AndrewIsh joined #koha
06:53 alex_a joined #koha
06:54 alex_a bonjour
07:02 deb-CSPL joined #koha
07:02 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
07:02 Margaret joined #koha
07:03 janPasi1 joined #koha
07:10 laurence joined #koha
07:15 magnuse joined #koha
07:15 magnuse \o/
07:16 paul_p joined #koha
07:19 paul_p_ joined #koha
07:21 fridolin joined #koha
07:22 fridolin hi :):):)
07:23 cait joined #koha
07:34 drojf joined #koha
07:35 drojf o/
07:35 sophie_m joined #koha
07:39 cait morning #koha
07:51 ashimema mornin' #koha
07:53 marcelr hi cait and ashimema, fridolin and magnuse
07:53 marcelr drojf
07:53 calire morning #koha
07:54 ashimema looks like a busy weekend was had.. I have some catching up to do
07:54 ashimema master unstable though :*
07:54 marcelr hi calire
07:55 marcelr ashimema: let tomas fix it
07:55 marcelr :)
07:55 ashimema looks like it's Joubu's test
07:55 ashimema though I did QA it, and it worked fine here
07:55 ashimema merge error perhaps
07:55 marcelr ow ow
07:56 ashimema ?
07:58 ashimema oh.. it's string freeze day..
07:58 ashimema I best get pushing before I announce that
07:58 ashimema man those come around quicker and quicker
07:58 marcelr climate change
07:58 ashimema hehe
07:59 marcelr better than age
08:00 ashimema roles are filling up nicely now.. though we're still lacking a volunteer for 18.05's next rmaint
08:03 drojf when do we vote?
08:04 drojf https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_7_November_2018
08:04 drojf to answer my question
08:05 drojf still time to talk someone into it after too much beer :P
08:05 ashimema hehe
08:05 ashimema hi drojf
08:07 ashimema nice to have you back online
08:08 * ashimema can't believe he's let his rmaint queue get up to 87.. I've been so good at keeping it under 10 most of this cycle
08:08 ashimema rmaint day today I reckon
08:08 * cait sends cookies
08:09 * drojf sends coffee
08:15 magnuse ashimema++
08:26 Margaret joined #koha
08:46 theod Hello everyone, we had a user reporting a 'strange' behaviour when creating a new authority. More specifically, autority fields 000, 001 and 005 are EMPTY, until you click on them. Then the proper values show up properly in the textfields. Anyone experiencing similar behavior? We have koha 17.11.x with USMarc
08:47 theod In biblio cataloguing, all similar (non-static) fields show up properly without having to click on the appropriate textfields
08:51 cait magnuse++
08:51 cait ... now only the xslt bug... ;)
08:52 SuccubusInTraining joined #koha
08:57 magnuse yeah, i know... :-)
08:57 cait 2 weeks to feature freeze..
08:58 magnuse :-O
08:59 * magnuse hopes more ill patches can make it in
08:59 ashimema do we know if anyone is already working through the release notes to embelish them?
08:59 ashimema https://gitlab.com/koha-commun[…]notes_18_06_00.md
09:02 cait embelish?
09:02 cait i've not seen much activity to that yet
09:02 ashimema fill out the 'Text to go in the release notes' box in bugzilla for those bugs that are missing it
09:03 cait i had to look up embellish first :)
09:03 ashimema there's a huge number of them in this release.. would be good to get some people working on it sooner rather than later in my opinion
09:03 * ashimema should leave this rallying of troops to kidclamp really should he
09:03 cait i think caroline has started some updates to the manual
09:03 ashimema indeed
09:03 ashimema :)
09:04 cait but actually the docs team relies on those too - woudl be good if the devs filled them out
09:04 ashimema want me to send a chaser to the dev lists?
09:04 cait it might not hurt
09:04 ashimema I wasn't ever really aware kidclamp had rehashed the notes last week
09:04 ashimema it's a useful list to work through
09:05 cait he'll probably have to do it again this week :) queue is full
09:05 cait REST api bugs me
09:05 * ashimema wants to automote a rebuild of those release note with each push to master.. that would be a cool way to see changes in bugzilla for the ntoes
09:05 cait but that's because of the module name in bugzilla... which also does it
09:05 cait maybe a daily thing woudl work too
09:05 cait i think it queries bugzilla a lot
09:05 ashimema we can get rangi to fix that when he fixes the status's perhaps?
09:06 cait you can ask him not sure if you can ranme used ones easily
09:06 cait but you get what i mean? :)
09:06 ashimema it's not so bad ;)
09:06 ashimema don't know what I'd call it instead
09:06 ashimema API
09:06 ashimema API's
09:09 Archie^ joined #koha
09:11 cait REST API
09:11 cait api is an abbreviation :)
09:12 Margaret joined #koha
09:42 davidnind joined #koha
09:48 matts joined #koha
10:08 Margaret joined #koha
10:09 AnnaBoten joined #koha
10:09 m23 joined #koha
10:20 Margaret joined #koha
10:25 SuccubusInTraining joined #koha
10:32 davidnind left #koha
10:33 kohaputti joined #koha
10:43 andreashm joined #koha
10:44 * andreashm waves
10:44 tcohen hi
10:44 * cait waves
10:44 andreashm hi cait
10:47 andreashm and tcohen
10:47 andreashm tcohen: up early again?
10:48 marcelr hi tcohen andreashm
10:48 andreashm hey marcelr
10:49 tcohen hi andreashm and marcelr
10:49 tcohen It is true
10:49 tcohen and we have a holiday!
10:49 andreashm oh no! get back to bed! =)
10:50 tcohen andreashm: I was dreaming of an account's bug, need to solve it to go back to bed!
10:50 andreashm haha
10:50 andreashm what a nightmare. =)
10:52 tcohen the dream was about the unit tests reproducing the issue, and me failing to provide an easy fix. And that's the situation!
10:52 tcohen hahaha
10:52 tcohen I know, I'm lost
10:55 * andreashm remembers dreaming about Koha when we were in the process of implementing it... but don't think I have since.
10:56 tcohen andreashm: your brain is still healthy
10:57 andreashm haha
10:58 * andreashm looks at the weather forecast for Luleå. Swedish user group meeting coming up.
10:59 andreashm #meeting up north
11:02 drojf1 joined #koha
11:03 ashimema tcohen.. good luck
11:03 tcohen haha
11:04 * ashimema wonders when kidclamp returns
11:05 marcelr the return of kidclamp sounds like a western
11:05 ashimema lol
11:05 ashimema anyone here use OverDrive?
11:05 * ashimema is trying to work out whether bug 21082 is a required backport or not
11:05 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=21082 normal, P5 - low, ---, nick, Pushed to Master , OverDrive authentication method no longer supported
11:06 ashimema or rather.. whether it's a breaking change
11:08 drojf oh. is bug 21567 related to that?
11:08 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=21567 normal, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , WebService:ILS related tests fail during package build
11:08 tcohen They changed the API so it is broken
11:08 tcohen but we need someone to test how it works on maintenance branches
11:09 ashimema it reads as though they've changed the API for new sites only in kidclamps first comment
11:10 ashimema so do pre-existing customers continue to work without the changes here?
11:10 ashimema and if that's the case.. does my backporting mean they're going to be surprised when it breaks because it needs more/new configuration doing?
11:10 ashimema perhaps I port it but add text to the release notes to highlight the change of functionality..
11:10 ashimema thoughts?
11:17 ashimema could well be related drojf
11:31 oleonard joined #koha
11:32 oleonard Hi #koha
11:33 josef_moravec hi oleonard
11:33 wahanui hi oleopard
11:34 calire hi oleonard
11:34 wahanui hi oleopard
11:38 tcohen ashimema++
11:38 ashimema huh..
11:38 ashimema what I do?
11:39 tcohen backported a patch I needed
11:39 tcohen :-D
11:39 ashimema oh.. cool
11:39 tcohen I now only need to brive fridolin :-P
11:40 ashimema if it's an api or plugin one I'm not sure his policy aligns with mine yet ;)
11:40 ashimema but I'm encouraging it.. hehe
11:41 tcohen hehe, this was only an XSLT patch
11:41 tcohen a reasonable one
11:41 ashimema oh, that one :)
11:41 ashimema where I chose to backport the fix, but not the tidy up :)
11:41 tcohen I know, that's why it was splitted hehe
11:41 ashimema I do like the tidy up.. but from experience of people here customising the xslt's to the hilt.. tiding the code really confuses git ;)
11:42 ashimema all good for a feature release though :)
11:44 fridolin tcohen: i'm there for it, wat is the number ?
11:45 ashimema bug 20910 fridolin
11:45 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=20910 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Stable , 773$g not displayed if $0 is present
11:45 ashimema should be right at the tip of my pushed branch I think
11:45 ashimema I only pushed a few minutes ago
11:45 fridolin ah yes i'm not yet done with backporting but 'im not too late
11:45 * ashimema wonders if tcohen stalks bz ;)
11:46 ashimema indeed
11:46 cait @seen kidclamp
11:46 huginn cait: kidclamp was last seen in #koha 4 days, 16 hours, 55 minutes, and 8 seconds ago: <kidclamp> bye koha! see you next week! (find tcohen in my absence)
11:46 ashimema I'll be calling string freeze for my branch tonight
11:47 cait hm maybe todayis the day of return?
11:47 ashimema could be :)
11:48 alex_a joined #koha
11:48 ashimema I'll badger him about OverDrive later if he comes online
11:48 ashimema I know he had something to say about it.. but can't remember the whole conversation
11:51 cait @wunder Konstanz
11:51 huginn cait: Konstanz, Germany :: Clear :: 70F/21C | Wind Chill: 70F/21C | Monday: Sunny. High near 70F. Winds light and variable. Monday Night: A clear sky. Low 48F. Winds light and variable.
11:51 cait @wunder Lulea
11:51 huginn cait: Lulea, Sweden :: Clear :: 48F/9C | Monday: Partly cloudy. High 54F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Monday Night: Cloudy skies. Low 36F. Winds light and variable.
11:52 oleonard @wunder 45701
11:52 huginn oleonard: Athens, OH :: Overcast :: 61F/16C | Monday: Periods of rain. High 63F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch. Monday Night: A few clouds. Low near 35F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
12:05 khall_away joined #koha
12:06 khall thanks oleonard  for the fast s/o!
12:06 oleonard A nice quick signoff is a good way to start the day
12:07 khall :)
12:08 andreashm hi khall oleonard
12:08 khall hi andreashm !
12:08 tcohen do we have some guidelines for class names?
12:09 marcelr :)
12:09 oleonard It is the wild west out there
12:09 marcelr shoot first
12:10 tcohen khall: can I make it item_callnumber on QA?
12:10 tcohen :-D
12:10 * tcohen trying to shoot first
12:11 jo joined #koha
12:12 andreashm khall: during kohacon we talked about plug-ins, and I mentioned that Gothenburg univ had done something with regards to hooks, but coludn't remember what. Apparently there was a bug in Bugzilla for it, that might be of interest: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=19306
12:12 huginn Bug 19306: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Adding hooks to the plugin system
12:12 andreashm I thought I would post it, before I forgot again. =)
12:13 khall andreashm: that looks interesting!
12:17 kidclamp joined #koha
12:18 tcohen khall: forget my proposal, its a bad idea as you are adding the class on places it was just missing
12:19 andreashm khall: good!
12:20 * kidclamp waves
12:20 tcohen wb kidclamp!
12:20 marcelr hi kidclamp
12:20 andreashm hey kidclamp
12:20 wahanui kidclamp is getting the queue as clean as possible before Kohacon
12:20 marcelr time enough
12:21 kidclamp wahanui forget kidclamp is getting the queue as clean as possible before Kohacon
12:21 wahanui kidclamp, I didn't have anything matching kidclamp is getting the queue as clean as possible before kohacon
12:21 marcelr aah
12:21 marcelr wahanui forget hey kidclamp
12:21 wahanui marcelr, I didn't have anything matching hey kidclamp
12:21 marcelr hm
12:21 kidclamp wahanui forget kidclamp
12:21 wahanui kidclamp: I forgot kidclamp
12:22 kidclamp I will never be remembered
12:22 marcelr so bad
12:22 andreashm it's hard at the top
12:22 ashimema lol
12:22 ashimema hey kidclamp.. wanted to pick your brains about bug 21082 when you have a moment.
12:22 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=21082 normal, P5 - low, ---, nick, Pushed to Master , OverDrive authentication method no longer supported
12:22 kidclamp pick away
12:23 oleonard wahanui: kidclamp is an ethereal spectre who will never be remembered
12:23 wahanui oleonard: wish i knew
12:23 oleonard wahanui: I just told you.
12:23 wahanui oleonard: what?
12:23 marcelr oleonard: still starting the day with bug 21475 ?
12:23 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=21475 critical, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Needs Signoff , Error in the OPAC when viewing a record which has no biblio-level itemtype
12:24 ashimema so.. am I right in thinking it's a breaking change kidclamp
12:24 kidclamp yeah, OD circulation does not work in stable versions
12:24 kidclamp this hsould fix it
12:24 ashimema and have I read it right that it's currently working for existing koha + overdrive customers.. it's just new overdrive customers that will have issues setting it up
12:25 ashimema oh.. so OverDrive have killed off the old auth type we relied on entirely
12:25 ashimema not left it on for old consumers
12:25 kidclamp they didn't completely, but it only works with their older accounts, so they are the ones that upgrade customers and break the service
12:26 ashimema cool.. so this change is fine to backport then.. as it's really a bugfix that will allow libraries to get it working again rather than a bugfix that may break existing working configs
12:26 kidclamp they should be fixing it, but they preferred us to use this method
12:26 * ashimema ponders further.. something for the release notes should cover it.
12:26 kidclamp yes, no one was ever able to get a working instance before, they should be able to with this, but in either case they must work with overdrive for access to the api
12:27 kidclamp bug 21542 should go along with it though
12:27 ashimema ta
12:27 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=21542 normal, P5 - low, ---, nick, Needs Signoff , OverDrive password submission should use a password field to mask input
12:27 kidclamp could use an SO and QA
12:27 ashimema lol
12:43 kmlussier joined #koha
12:44 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:51 cait anyone seen khall? :)
12:51 dilan joined #koha
12:51 tcohen he's around
12:51 andreashm cait: 45 min ago at least
12:52 tcohen I think he's waking up the girls right now
12:52 cait :)
12:56 ashimema oleonard about?
12:56 oleonard Yes
12:57 ashimema any thoughts on aproach to backport bug 21493 ?
12:57 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=21493 trivial, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Remove incomplete icon style from serial issues tabs
12:57 ashimema I'm sure I can dig it out.. but wondered if you had a method for such things ;)
12:57 dilan joined #koha
12:57 oleonard I can do it ashimema
12:58 ashimema that'd be aswesome if you're happy to :)
12:58 marcelr joined #koha
12:58 marcelr oleonard: please retry ?
12:59 dilan joined #koha
12:59 oleonard Okay
12:59 dilan_ joined #koha
13:00 marcelr oleonard: it was a problem with operator precedence
13:05 blou cait: Hello!  regarding qa, my url says url = https://gitlab.com/koha-commun[…]qa-test-tools.git
13:06 cait maybe you are on the wrong branch?
13:06 blou master
13:06 cait have you done a git pull?
13:06 blou yes
13:06 cait latest commit should be      Issue #3: Skip tests if module does not exist in Koha src yet
13:06 cait maybe try a git fetch first
13:06 blou Alright, I'll dig what my server is doing
13:07 blou thanks
13:07 cait sorry for that, but important to get them going again
13:07 cait the qa tools
13:07 ashimema huh
13:08 cait ashimema: started as a bug conversation - last commit on blou's is 6 months old - and not finding the filter errors then
13:08 oleonard kidclamp: What kind of mess did tcohen leave in your RM office? All sorts of empty coffee cups and cigarette butts?
13:09 ashimema lol
13:09 ashimema fair enough
13:09 kidclamp lots of crusts from pb&j - empty jager bottles
13:09 cait mate cup maybe
13:09 kidclamp tcohen++
13:09 marcelr thx oleonard++
13:10 oleonard kidclamp: Do you get a cut of the bribes he accepted in your absence?
13:11 kidclamp bribes? the RM never gets any bribes /me polishes his gems on his fur coat and eats another cookie
13:12 marcelr wahanui kidclamp is the first RM not to be bribed
13:12 wahanui OK, marcelr.
13:12 kidclamp not that I am above it! (/me waits)
13:13 marcelr withdrawing?
13:13 cait ok... report with empty cache time... and it won'tdisplay the same result with JSON as when run with SQL...
13:13 cait :(
13:13 cait oh it finally updated... hmpf
13:14 mtompset joined #koha
13:14 mtompset @seen tcohen
13:14 huginn mtompset: tcohen was last seen in #koha 22 minutes and 45 seconds ago: <tcohen> I think he's waking up the girls right now
13:15 mtompset Ping. You here, tcohen?
13:15 marcelr look under the table
13:17 cait first khall... now tcohen...
13:19 marcelr cait: khall also under the table?
13:19 tcohen family, holiday
13:19 tcohen what's up mtompset?
13:19 kidclamp he'll be back in a sec marcelr
13:19 kidclamp kyle that is
13:19 marcelr no need
13:19 marcelr he is comfortable there :)
13:20 marcelr afk in a sec btw
13:21 Joubu blou: what's the problem with the QA script?
13:22 mtompset tcohen, just curious about my merge request on kohadevbox to deal with DEPRECATED stuffs.
13:22 mtompset No rush.
13:23 mtompset Greetings, #koha kidclamp tcohen -- and happy holiday (whatever it is :) )
13:23 mtompset Greetings, cait :)
13:26 oleonard ashimema: I attached a 18.05.x patch to bug 21493 but I didn't know if I should change the status
13:26 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=21493 trivial, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Remove incomplete icon style from serial issues tabs
13:26 mtompset https://www.timeanddate.com/ho[…]ultural-diversity -- cool.
13:26 ashimema excellent, thanks oleonard
13:26 ashimema I'll grab it directly.. give it a quick test and then mark it appropriatly :)
13:26 ashimema ta
13:29 mtompset oleonard, just eyeballed that... curious about the stuff that isn't there... like the font-weight move. That wasn't necessary for 18.05?
13:29 tcohen mtompset: 'Cultural diversity respect' day
13:29 oleonard mtompset: No, probably because of the SCSS move
13:29 sonOfRa joined #koha
13:35 khall what's up?
13:35 * cait waves
13:36 cait I want to test the new sandboxes and feel like I didn't pay enough attention at kohacon *hides*
13:37 oleonard cait was too busy goofing off doing stuff like, uh... QA and helping?
13:37 * ashimema is waiting for a quiet moment to switch the ptfs-e sanboxes to the new versions
13:38 magnuse cait++
13:38 blou cait: regarding 12502, any wiki to help with the filters to add?  Thanks (i fixed the other issue
13:39 ashimema bug 12502
13:39 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=12502 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, david.bourgault, Failed QA , Add columns for note, order number and ISBN to late orders page
13:44 mtompset Greetings, khall magnuse ashimema oleonard blou
13:44 khall cait: I'll make a video. It's been on the todo list.
13:45 mtompset khall, I think you may have missed some code to remove on bug 20629.
13:45 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=20629 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Remove ability to 'reverse' payments
13:45 cait khall: i need to know until Thursday :)
13:45 cait blou: check the codign guidelines page - lots of info there
13:45 cait blou: it's mostly a stick | html... with some exceptions
13:46 mtompset khall, nevermind. Didn't read the template file.
13:46 ashimema hmm
13:46 khall mtompset: kk :)
13:46 ashimema does bug 15734 really depend on bug 13618..
13:46 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=15734 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Audio Alerts broken
13:46 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=13618 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Add additional template filter methods and a filter presence test to Koha
13:47 * ashimema tries to extract.. is To.json not in my branch
13:48 cait khall: I will just have to try them out and gather questions :) was just checking if you'd be around just in case
13:50 mtompset *cringe* Reading code... so {some Koha::Account::Line object}->unblessed returns the is_credit and is_debit values into the hash too?
13:51 mtompset That is a lot of perl magiks going on.
13:54 Joubu mtompset: it should not
13:55 Joubu (if against master, I am missing context)
13:55 mtompset bug 20629.
13:55 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=20629 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Remove ability to 'reverse' payments
13:55 mtompset Reading code with patch applied.
13:55 mtompset The condition was changed to is_credit.
13:56 mtompset So I was trying to figure out where it came from.
13:56 cait qa_team++
13:56 mtompset It seems that unblessed does do the magik conversion of is_credit and is_debit from the object.
13:57 mtompset Otherwise, I don't see the members/boraccount.pl line that adds the is_credit.
13:57 mtompset I'll go check the schema, but I don't think it is there.
13:57 mtompset I think it is the method on the object.
14:01 mtompset Does that give enough context, Joubu?
14:02 Joubu If it's an "attribute" (column), it will be part of the hash, otherwise not. Reading the code there is something
14:03 Joubu wrong
14:07 mtompset so the magik shouldn't be functioning like that?
14:08 mtompset Or we shouldn't be expecting the magik?
14:08 Joubu there is not magic
14:08 mtompset So then why is is_credit in unblessed?
14:09 mtompset Is it an attribute?
14:09 mtompset How do I tell?
14:09 mtompset My OO Perl is weak.
14:10 Joubu mtompset: did you try? did you confirm is_credit is unblessed?
14:10 Joubu or you are guessing it by reading this patch?
14:10 mtompset I haven't run it yet. I'm guessing. I'll try running.
14:10 Joubu imo the patch is wrong, it wanted to get an object, but hashref are passed to the template, the so "IF line.is_credit" will always be false
14:11 mtompset okay, in which case void will never appear. Let me test. :)
14:13 Joubu ashimema: around?
14:16 mtompset There is not is_credit, so yes... always false.
14:16 mtompset ^not^no^
14:16 mtompset Sorry, khall. I hate failing. :(
14:19 Joubu @later tell tcohen Please backport "Fix #93 - Add curl to the dependency list"
14:19 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:23 calire left #koha
14:23 khall cait: this should work at some point in the future: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvMmdBGrwRc
14:24 cait thx khall!
14:24 cait are you aroudn tomorrow? hope to try it tonight
14:41 caroline joined #koha
14:41 caroline Hi #koha!
14:42 mtompset Greetings, caroline :)
14:42 oleonard Hi caroline
14:43 * mtompset starts humming Neil Diamond.
14:43 * caroline waves to mtompset and oleonard
14:43 * cait waves to caroline
14:43 caroline mtompset: Sweet Caroline?
14:43 caroline hi cait!
14:43 mtompset -- of course. :)
14:44 Joubu kidclamp: can you push the follow-up I have just attached to bug 21479 please? It should fix Jenkin's failure
14:44 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=21479 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Removing from cart removes 2 items
14:44 caroline better than the one in French "Dors Caroline" which is about prostitutes >_<
14:45 * mtompset cringes.
14:46 mtompset No no no! That would be a bad musical association to make.
14:46 Joubu @later tell ashimema did you see that 15734 depended on 13618? Did you make sure you needed it for 18.05?
14:46 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:47 Joubu @later tell ashimema you removed the dependency on 13618 btw
14:47 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:51 deb-CSPL joined #koha
14:53 Joubu @later tell ashimema As you backported one patch from 20287 it will appear in the release notes for 18.05. I guess you will need to remove it manually (or add a note to tell only 1 patch has been backported?)
14:53 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:56 mtompset Joubu, bug 21554 -- you went with that fix, so it would get back ported?
14:56 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=21554 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Using Subscription Batch Edit produces Software Error
15:08 Joubu yes
15:08 Joubu why not?
15:09 ashimema Hi Joubu
15:13 mtompset Joubu, because there was the comment about doing it differently.
15:13 mtompset (this should be moved to...)
15:13 Joubu not related
15:14 Joubu well yes it is, but indirectly
15:14 Joubu the fix here is to add the missing statement
15:14 mtompset Right... indirectly... because if you did that, then you would inadvertently fix the problem.
15:16 mtompset Just thought I'd ask, because it's a quick and easy fix, rather than a more wholistic cleanse.
15:16 ashimema did you just get my PM Joubu
15:16 ashimema got a feeling my irc client has an old link to pm's with you and it didn't get through
15:16 mtompset @seen CrispyBran
15:16 huginn mtompset: CrispyBran was last seen in #koha 2 days, 15 hours, 59 minutes, and 55 seconds ago: * CrispyBran waves
15:17 Joubu ashimema: nope
15:17 mtompset @later tell CrispyBran bug 21446 -- your use of <strong> is confusing to me. Could you explain it?
15:17 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
15:17 mtompset ashimema, always use later tell, and just feel silly when they are here. :)
15:19 ashimema I use later lots :)
15:21 ashimema Joubu: as for bug 20287 thanks for the heads up.. I've already made a note to remove it from the release notes before release next week :)
15:21 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=20287 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, Move AddMember and ModMember to Koha::Patron
15:22 reiveune bye
15:22 reiveune left #koha
15:23 ashimema as a side note.. i've just forked my own version of koha-release-notes and have a job running so that draft copies of release notes are generated refularly.. it's helping me work towards making the notes more helpful at release time.https://gitlab.com/mrenvoize/koha-release-notes
15:27 kmlussier joined #koha
15:28 Joubu ashimema: I think you should push to koha-community/koha-release-notes:18.05.x instead
15:28 Joubu don't you think?
15:30 ashimema I was going to discus that idea with kidclamp first ;)
15:30 ashimema plues.. I don't currently have access as a contributor to that repo ;)
15:31 ashimema as a side issue Joubu
15:31 ashimema I've noticed allot of `| html` where `| uri` seems more appropriate.. is there a reason we're using `| html` instead?
15:32 ashimema at a guess I'd have said anywhere tt variables are inside an href is should use the `| uri` filter instead
15:32 Joubu bug 21526
15:32 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=21526 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , TT variables used to build a link should be uri filtered
15:32 Joubu patch is coming...
15:32 ashimema oooh
15:32 ashimema haha
15:32 ashimema brill.. you're already on it
15:32 cait bye all bbl
15:33 ashimema I've been doing it manually on all my backports when i've spotted it
15:34 Joubu ashimema: I have added you as dev to the project
15:34 cait left #koha
15:34 kmlussier joined #koha
15:36 Joubu ashimema: Actually I am not sure it will be necessary to create a new branch, a new file release_notes_18_05_x.md may be better (?)
15:37 ashimema In my fork I created a directory for each the 18.05 and 18.11 branches..
15:38 Joubu I would not mind having everything in the root dir
15:38 ashimema and my integration is pretty simple at the minute.. it's triggered by the same stuff I use to throw patches into a todo list for my rmaint stuff.. so runs every few hours and if stuff's been pushed to the branch just regenerates the files, commits them and pushes
15:39 ashimema okies.. that's fine by me :)
15:39 ashimema will adapt to that now :)
15:39 ashimema tooling++ :)
15:40 Joubu ashimema: you should not do that
15:40 Joubu for instance:
15:41 Joubu https://gitlab.com/mrenvoize/k[…]03fde8ad7a1998ebf
15:41 Joubu is empty
15:41 Joubu did you have a look at the bash function I wrote? It's on the wiki
15:41 ashimema ooh.. my script isn't identifying 'stuff has changed' properly yet then
15:41 ashimema grr. I'll fix that too
15:41 Joubu https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]pre-release_notes
15:41 ashimema link for that bash function?
15:42 Joubu It also includes the commitid in the commit msg
15:42 ashimema haha, ta
15:42 Joubu I then called it: "release_notes v17.11.00 HEAD" just after I pushed something
15:43 mtompset Joubu, wouldn't that script also work in bash?
15:44 mtompset Not everyone loves zsh. ;)
15:44 kidclamp @later tell LeeJ i want to chat about the PALCIRedirect plugin
15:44 huginn kidclamp: The operation succeeded.
15:45 mtompset @later tell LeeJ Ooooo... you are in trouble. ;) Hee hee hee. :)
15:45 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
15:45 kidclamp :-D
15:45 kidclamp bbiab
15:49 caroline Is there a reason the translations for the dev version are not available? Is it because they would change too much?
15:51 Joubu I use zsh, so wrote it in zsh. It's simple enough to adapt it if needed
15:52 Joubu caroline: yes, there are only generated on string freeze
15:57 caroline Joubu: so that means we only have ~1 week to translate everything?
15:57 Joubu should be 2w
15:58 caroline Still...
15:58 caroline Anyway, you all probably thought about it before. I don't want to changes processes
15:59 Joubu but actually I think I am wrong, let me check
15:59 Joubu we should ask Bernardo to create a 18.11 project on pottle
15:59 Joubu pootle
16:00 caroline do you think that would be possible? And update it regularly
16:01 caroline I think it woulnd't be so much of a strain if we could translate it little by little instead of rushing 2 weeks before release
16:01 Joubu yes, I think it is what we did for previous releases, maybe Bernardo forgot when he upgraded the translation server
16:01 caroline Ok I'll email him (though he tends to not answer me, I might be too annoying)
16:03 Joubu yep, then resend one, then resend one, then ping tcohen, then resend one, then ping tcohen
16:03 Joubu usually it works
16:03 caroline hehehe!
16:04 caroline glad to know it's not just me ;)
16:05 ashimema Haha, me too Caroline
16:05 ashimema Not just you at all
16:07 ashimema Feels like creating the dev branch for translations is another task that's ripe for automation to me
16:09 caroline automation ftw!
16:11 SugarHiccup joined #koha
16:14 * mtompset grumbles about ILL documentation on Wiki being disjointed and unsmooth.
16:14 laurence left #koha
16:15 ashimema mtompset.. it's getting better.. we're working on it
16:15 ashimema and.. se the manual.. there's allot more there in the past few days
16:15 cait joined #koha
16:16 caroline yes! lots of new stuff in the manual! :D
16:16 ashimema tell me whats up with it and I'll work to fix at least some of it tonight whilst I'm sitting in the unbearable heat of the balcony at my daugters martial arts ;)
16:16 ashimema brb
16:19 * cait waves
16:19 caroline I'm confused about the "Local use" syspref category
16:19 caroline They're not really for local use, are they?
16:20 caroline And the strings are not translatable
16:20 * caroline sighs
16:34 * ashimema is back
16:34 * ashimema coming to you from the hot balcony
16:35 cait caroline: we have some local use ones
16:36 cait you can add prefs there, the editor is different
16:36 cait it's very handy if you have some local changes to Koha that need configuration
16:37 caroline but are sysprefs that are already in another category supposed to be there?
16:37 cait hm which one are you looking at?
16:37 caroline For example, I have ArticleRequestsMandatoryFieldsItemsOnly in both local use and circulation
16:37 cait hm odd
16:37 cait it should only show what's not in the yaml i tihnk
16:37 caroline I *just* updated my master to be sure
16:38 cait are they spelled exactly the same?
16:38 caroline let me check
16:38 caroline one has an S to items the other one does not
16:39 caroline so they are not the same syspref or is it a typo?
16:39 ashimema a typo
16:39 caroline the description is not the same either
16:39 ashimema possibly you applied it before release at some point for testing.
16:39 ashimema then during qa it changed name
16:40 ashimema but you got left with the original spelling in your database too
16:40 ashimema that's usually how I end up in that state myself
16:40 caroline I git pulled and went through the installer 30 mins ago
16:40 caroline Do I have to erase all my database and start over?
16:41 ashimema ah.. but have you played with a feature that's been pushed before it was pushed.. perhaps to do a signoff
16:41 ashimema no.. not at all
16:41 ashimema it's just a bit of mess left behind.. it won't do any harm
16:41 ashimema if you really don't like it then you can nuke just that setting from the database
16:42 ashimema with a `DELETE FROM systempreferences WHERE code=wheteveritwas`
16:42 caroline I admit it just did "git checkout master" and then "git pull" I didn't check if there was anything weird in my "git status" before pulling, but usually it tells me
16:43 ashimema they're in the database ;)
16:46 caroline So when, in the installer after I pull, it says that they're updating my database, they don't actually remove stuff that shouldn't be there?
16:46 Bliss joined #koha
16:47 caroline I thought it went back to the way it's supposed to be when I did that. I guess I assumed wrong
16:48 cait only if you do a reset_all i tthink
16:48 cait I have the pref too
16:48 cait i tihnk there might be a bug hiding
16:49 caroline yay! cait can reproduce something I have on my comp! Makes me so happy! :D
16:49 cait the name in the yaml file is wrong
16:50 cait theres more than likely a bug hiding there
16:50 cait the pref and a template check is without the s
16:50 cait but in sysprefs.sql and updatedatabase it's with s
16:52 cait bug 21575
16:52 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=21575 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Fix ArticleRequestsMandatoryFieldsItem(s)Only variants
16:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21479: Zebra index can return different result <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]917e772d28cd38bc5>
16:52 Joubu cait: it's a bug, the entry in sysprefs.sql has a typo
16:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21337: (RM follow-up) Adjust number of tests <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]d667b4e38895703e4>
16:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19687: (RM follow-up) Export correct function name <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]c9fefdef0762e5daf>
16:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21550: DataTables four button pagination uses the wrong icon for disabled buttons <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]29edef6985130c8ba>
16:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21537: Fix typo for options_for_item_types <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]e08c300b40822d700>
16:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21279: Fix &nbsp; in transport cost matrix <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]09f3175c5acfeec28>
16:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21113: Corrections to patron merge confirmation prompt <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]aa6d117d23a032eea>
16:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21291: (follow-up) Pass subscriptionsnumber to all tools in staff detail's sidebar <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]c69acbff18e283542>
16:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21337: (QA follow-up) Rollback for partial delete <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]4f0d4667274872555>
16:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21409: Add column configuration to course reserves <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]2d985ec0a69dd4a11>
16:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21351: Rename the Taiwanese language pack to use correct file name <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]fa22fede5f0ad37cd>
16:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21365: Call BiblioAutoLink from AddBiblio and ModBiblio <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]de0cdf26cbd4e30ac>
16:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21337: (follow-up) Add parameter for move_to_deleted action <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]4180cc0ebb61c2b4d>
16:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21337: Add Koha::Patrons->delete (trivial wrapper) <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]623ec5674640555ec>
16:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21291: request-article.pl doesn't show MARC, LabeledMARC and ISBD in sidebar <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]8f31cc553484637bd>
16:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18480: Get rid of unwanted / distracting link in patron search for fund owner <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]f07566931b6149678>
16:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15139: Add non-public item notes to overdue report <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]5d0442e3f3a2eed6b>
16:53 cait yep exactly :)
16:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21115: Add multi_param call and add divider in cache key in svc/report and opac... <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]e4728db705b4100d1>
16:53 Joubu ha, too late :)
16:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20131: Inventory optional filters correct "For loan" addition <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]9a8b0516ba1645876>
16:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18655: Correct the choose link in unimarc_field_210c value builder <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]aa98618d20698e89b>
16:53 kidclamp you can get more pushes Joubu - just want to let jenkins run his course first :-)
16:54 Joubu the push I suggested was to fix jenkins
16:54 kidclamp 21479? I got that one, did I miss one>?
16:55 cait Joubu: follow-up for bug 15184 in the cards?
16:55 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=15184 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Ability to duplicate existing order lines to a given basket
16:56 Joubu kidclamp: selenium follow-up on 15184
16:56 Joubu /clear
16:56 Joubu kidclamp: selenium follow-up on 21479
16:57 Joubu cait: the missing filters?
16:57 cait yep
16:58 cait only if you want to, i will continue anyway, but probably not today :(
16:58 Joubu nope, but it's a 1min work :)
16:58 Joubu I am currently working on a script to automagically add the missing filters
16:58 Joubu so it will be a good candidate
17:03 kidclamp joubu, yep, i got that
17:06 ashimema noooo.. my queue just grew again
17:06 ashimema think I'm just gonna have to arbitrarily call it at some point tonight and send out my string freeze notice
17:12 cait pickthe ones with strings first? :
17:12 cait :)
17:14 ashimema mm
17:14 ashimema but then.. that's not always obvious ;)
17:36 mtompset khall, thanks for the patch... move in a better direction. Still issues. :)
17:54 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21337: Koha::Objects->delete must return the number of deleted rows <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]79c75a4673a15e348>
17:54 Joubu kidclamp: another follow-up attached to bug 21479, fingers crossed :D
17:54 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=21479 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Removing from cart removes 2 items
17:54 Joubu erk, 10s too slow
17:55 kidclamp :-)
17:56 georgew joined #koha
17:56 mtompset 10s to get the number of deleted rows? Yikes.
17:58 kidclamp bbiab
18:31 edveal joined #koha
18:36 mtompset what's the best condition to check if a search of Koha::ObjectS has results?
18:40 Joubu if Koha::Patrons->search({ attr => $val })->count
19:02 mtompset Joubu++ # thanks.
19:02 mtompset @seen khall
19:02 huginn mtompset: khall was last seen in #koha 4 hours, 39 minutes, and 11 seconds ago: <khall> cait: this should work at some point in the future: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvMmdBGrwRc
19:03 mtompset @later tell khall bug 20629 needs your sign off, because I tweaked up the necessary patches to get it good enough. :)
19:03 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
19:05 khall mtompset: saw that :)
19:05 khall gotta run!
19:09 alexbuckley joined #koha
19:15 andreashm joined #koha
19:16 * andreashm waves
20:07 kidclamp running off, see you tomorrow!
20:29 cait @wunder Lulea
20:29 huginn cait: Lulea, Sweden :: Clear :: 45F/7C | Monday: Cloudy. Lows overnight in the mid 30s. Monday Night: Cloudy. Low around 35F. Winds light and variable.
20:37 Joubu @later tell kidclamp can you make bug 21526 and bug 21576 a priority please?
20:37 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
20:37 Joubu @later tell ashimema See bug 21526 and bug 21576 for the uri filters
20:37 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
20:44 Joubu @later tell kidclamp New patch attach on bug 21479 (to fix selenium tests)
20:44 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
20:48 cait good night #koha!
20:50 SugarHiccup joined #koha
21:12 deb-CSPL joined #koha
22:38 caroline good night #koha!
23:14 lavamind joined #koha
23:52 alexbuckley joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary