IRC log for #koha, 2018-09-24

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:23 edveal joined #koha
00:34 BobB joined #koha
01:29 bshum joined #koha
01:31 blou joined #koha
01:46 jcamins joined #koha
02:29 paxed joined #koha
02:52 abneiman joined #koha
03:54 hjb2 joined #koha
04:55 cait joined #koha
04:57 Joubu joined #koha
04:59 ibeardslee joined #koha
05:38 sameee joined #koha
05:49 josef_moravec joined #koha
05:49 josef_moravec morning #koha
05:52 sameee Mornin' josef_moravec
06:02 cait joined #koha
06:08 fridolin joined #koha
06:09 fridolin hi there
06:09 wahanui niihau, fridolin
06:16 calire joined #koha
06:26 cait good mornign #koha
06:33 reiveune joined #koha
06:34 reiveune hello
06:34 wahanui kia ora, reiveune
06:37 rkrimme1 joined #koha
06:45 alex_a joined #koha
06:45 alex_a bonjour
06:54 kohaputti joined #koha
07:00 paul_p joined #koha
07:01 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:07 sophie_m joined #koha
07:27 greenjimll joined #koha
07:29 ashimema Mornin' #koha
07:31 gveranis joined #koha
07:36 magnuse \o/
07:48 alexbuckley joined #koha
07:58 sophie_m joined #koha
08:00 marcelr joined #koha
08:00 marcelr hi #koha
08:01 josef_moravec hi marcelr, magnuse, ashimema
08:01 marcelr o/
08:01 ashimema 🙂 Hi josef_moravec
08:05 magnuse any known workarounds for making the nightly debian package work?
08:05 josef_moravec magnuse: what is your exact problem?
08:06 magnuse libnet-oauth2-authorizationserver-perl but it is not installable
08:06 magnuse perl-modules-5.26 but it is not installable or libtest-simple-perl (>= 1.302073)
08:07 pastebot "magnuse" at 127.0.0.1 pasted "Full error" (15 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/88
08:07 magnuse on debian 8.11
08:13 sameee joined #koha
08:23 lavamind joined #koha
08:24 laurence joined #koha
08:24 josef_moravec magnuse: try to log into the build environment and run apt-get update, at least libnet-oauth2-authorizationserver-perl is in koha community debian repository
08:24 josef_moravec and libtest-simple-perl is also here
08:36 laurence joined #koha
08:53 magnuse josef_moravec: "log into the build environment"?
08:54 josef_moravec sudo pbuilder --login --save-after-login
08:55 andreashm joined #koha
08:55 josef_moravec Magnuse: I am using this "manual" when building packages: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]es_-_The_Easy_Way
08:59 magnuse i'm not building my own packages, but using the nightly ones from http://apt.abunchofthings.net/koha-nightly
09:09 josef_moravec magnuse: I see, sorry for misunderstanding, do you have in apt sources both repositories? the koha-nightly and debian.koha-community.org unstable?
09:19 magnuse ah, no, guess i only have the nightly!
09:22 magnuse looks like enabling both is solving the problem
09:23 magnuse josef_moravec++
09:27 laurence joined #koha
09:29 laurence left #koha
09:37 marcelr joined #koha
10:00 CharlesQuain joined #koha
10:21 janPasi joined #koha
10:42 cait josef_moravec++
10:47 alexbuckley joined #koha
10:47 * kidclamp waves
10:49 josef_moravec hi cait
10:50 josef_moravec hi kidclamp
10:51 cait do we have documentation on setting prefs with apache? and does it work with plack still?
10:51 marcelr hi kidclamp
10:53 andreashm joined #koha
10:53 kidclamp hi all
10:53 * andreashm waves
10:53 marcelr o/
10:55 andreashm hi marcelr kidclamp
11:07 kidclamp hi andreashm
11:21 jenkins Project Koha_17.11_D8 build #92: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_17.11_D8/92/
11:28 magnuse cait: you mean overriding prefs in the apache config file?
11:29 magnuse it works, also with plack
11:31 pastebot "magnuse" at 127.0.0.1 pasted "sample syspref override" (5 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/89
11:32 magnuse not too much documentation on it, i think i pieced it together from a couple bug reports
11:33 magnuse bug 16520
11:33 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=16520 minor, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, CLOSED FIXED, Per-virtualhost SetEnvs don't work with Plack
11:35 magnuse the POD in http://git.koha-community.org/[…]02eab3f60;hb=HEAD also hs some info
11:35 oleonard joined #koha
11:35 oleonard Hi #koha
11:36 magnuse hi oleonard
11:36 wahanui hi oleopard
11:36 josef_moravec hi oleonard
11:36 wahanui hi oleopard
11:36 laurence joined #koha
11:43 calire hi oleonard
11:43 wahanui hi oleopard
11:53 edveal joined #koha
12:14 edveal joined #koha
12:21 * oleonard whispers, What's everyone workin' on today?
12:25 * calire had a 2.5hr meeting this morning and can't remember what she was doing before that
12:28 oleonard meetings--
12:30 ashimema Joubu about?
12:30 tuxayo hi #koha o/
12:30 cait oleonard: meetings... and now update stuff :)
12:30 oleonard Hi tuxayo
12:31 tuxayo oleonard:  «What's everyone workin' on today?»
12:31 tuxayo At BibLibre we have our autunm meeting almost everyone is commingto Marseille for the week :)
12:32 oleonard Oh nice
12:32 * oleonard sends his greetings to everyone there
12:32 cait say hi to everyone .)
12:32 cait oleonard: what are you working on? :)
12:32 * calire gatecrashes the Marseille party
12:33 oleonard Seeing if I can resurrect some failed-QA/not-applying patches
12:33 calire oleonard++
12:34 oleonard I missed that Joubu added xt/find-missing-filters.t
12:34 oleonard Very useful
12:34 oleonard Joubu++
12:36 ashimema anyone fancy sanity checking me on bug 21385.. I can't see why my updated test fails...
12:37 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=21385 major, P2, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , Vendor search: Item count is incorrectly updated on partial receive.
12:37 ashimema think perhaps it's can't see wood for trees syndrome
12:37 marcelr tomorrow you will see it
12:37 ashimema lol
12:40 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:42 tuxayo calire: I didn't knew the word gatecrashing, it's funny that it exists ^^
12:44 tcohen morning!
12:44 tuxayo o/ tcohen
12:44 * calire writes in diary: 'day 2 at the Biblibre staff meeting, still noone suspects me...'
12:44 tcohen \o
12:44 calire hi tcohen
12:44 tcohen hi calire
12:44 marcelr distinguished gatecrashers :)
12:44 cait lol
12:45 cait i didn't think that not seeing the wood for the trees was an english saying too
12:45 cait we have the same in german
12:45 marcelr door de bomen het bos niet meer zien
12:45 tuxayo calire: despite not speaking french, awesome blending in skills :P
12:45 calire bonjour!
12:46 tuxayo :o
12:46 cait den Wald vor lauter Bäumen nicht sehen
12:47 tuxayo pro multo da arboj arbaron ne vidi
12:48 oleonard calire: You cover will be blown as soon as you are asked to type competently on a French keyboard
12:48 tuxayo mdr
12:48 tuxayo i mean, lol
12:48 tuxayo ^^
12:48 calire is it worse than a german one?
12:48 tuxayo Worse, i dont know, different yes.
12:49 calire I ended up getting a german one at home cos having uk at home and german at work was getting tricky
12:49 oleonard tuxayo: Is mdr French for lol?
12:49 tuxayo yes :P
12:49 * calire adds mdr to French vocabulary
12:49 calire ah, oui, le mdr
12:49 oleonard :D
12:49 tcohen -.-
12:49 tuxayo hue hue hue
12:49 marcelr be careful with mdr guys
12:50 tuxayo marcelr: does it also means something else?
12:50 marcelr certainly
12:50 calire it's a tv  channel here
12:50 marcelr it looks like somebody's initials ;)
12:50 tuxayo Is it a funny one?
12:50 marcelr sure
12:51 marcelr lol
12:51 tuxayo marcelr: ow
12:52 tuxayo My message was about the TV channel, but it also works great as a response about "somebody's initials ;)"
12:53 jzairo joined #koha
12:53 * tuxayo realise who's initials these are.
12:53 * tuxayo mdrs/lols
12:53 * marcelr hides
12:53 calire :D
12:55 calire yeah I checked, I would have no chance on the French keyboard
12:56 kmlussier joined #koha
12:57 cait kidclamp: do we have a string freeze date yet?
12:57 cait question on the translate mailinglist
12:57 jzairo left #koha
13:02 ashimema joined #koha
13:15 tuxayo Is there someone from ByWater around?
13:15 tuxayo The new sandboxes don't provision
13:15 tuxayo http://sb1.sandboxes.bywaterso[…]vision_log/tuxayo
13:16 tuxayo Maybe it's expected due to these sandboxes are work in progress
13:23 calire tuxayo it looks provisioned now?
13:23 calire ah no the links are dead
13:23 deb-CSPL joined #koha
13:23 tuxayo Exception message: (1049, "Unknown database 'mysql'")"}
13:32 mtompset joined #koha
13:32 Margaret joined #koha
13:34 oleonard Hi mtompset, Margaret
13:34 Margaret good morning oleonard
13:34 calire hi Margaret
13:34 Margaret hi calire
13:37 * cait waves
13:37 cait hi Margaret :)
13:38 Margaret hi cait!
13:38 Margaret hey oleonard, question for you if you have a moment?
13:38 oleonard You bet
13:39 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
13:39 mtompset greetings, oleonard Margaret
13:39 calire hi mtompset
13:39 mtompset Greeting, calire cait
13:40 caroline joined #koha
13:40 caroline Good morning(ish)!
13:41 caroline Ooh! I'm back to no underscore
13:41 Margaret Late last week I was looking up bugs related to emailing lists and came across this set: Bug 13260 and Bug 6973, and Bug 3679. their pretty unloved, but you'd commented that they're likely duplicates of each other. So why haven't 2/3 been closed due to duplication?
13:41 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=13260 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , lists sent from kohaadmineamailaddress instead of patron email
13:41 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6973 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Allow reply-to on cart emails to go to the sender of the cart.
13:41 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3679 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Specify "from" address when emailing a list or cart from opac
13:41 cait morning caroline :)
13:41 cait Margaret: waiting for your patch! ;)
13:42 cait caroline: feeding your little sugar leafs to the coworkers
13:42 Margaret Hopefully I can get it uploaded today, BZ isn't accepting it.
13:42 cait oh n
13:42 cait o
13:42 oleonard Margaret: When I commented on Bug 13260 I hoped that someone more familiar with the issue might confirm
13:42 cait does someone remember an issue with merging invoices where the invoice number ended up empty?
13:42 cait i thought i saw a bug about that, but not spotting it
13:43 caroline cait: :) how are they linking it?
13:43 cait bug 13260
13:44 cait i think best we coudl do is the reply-to address
13:45 cait everything else would not work because of spam filters on the mail servers
13:45 cait ashimema: correct?
13:45 oleonard Since Bug 6973 is the only one with actual patches on it perhaps that should be the one that stays
13:45 cait but I'd say they are all duplicates
13:45 ashimema huh.. hello
13:45 calire hi caroline
13:46 cait hm the patch also adds something about using hte message queue
13:46 caroline hi calire! :)
13:46 cait i think we could do that now with the new thing for password recovery probably
13:46 cait ashimema: was thinking about spam-safe email addressing
13:47 ashimema mmm
13:47 ashimema emailing no the behalf of a user is hard
13:48 ashimema it'll need to remain 'from' the koha server
13:48 ashimema but as you say, we could alter the reply-to I think to be the users address
13:48 sophie_m left #koha
13:48 ashimema so long as the return-path still matches the koha server domain that 'should' get through servers
13:48 ashimema I believe
13:49 Guest1239 Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #66: SUCCESS in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.05_D9/66/
13:49 edveal joined #koha
13:49 ashimema damn it.. who just filled up my email inbox with more bugzilla updates!
13:49 ashimema seems to always be full these days...
13:49 ashimema was that you cait ;)
13:49 cait we are gaining speed... much needed
13:49 cait nope not me
13:50 cait i hope to add to it later today... but i might fall asleep instead
13:50 ashimema lol
13:50 ashimema I am just subscribed to tooooo many bugs these days ;)
13:50 cait i subscribe to all of them :P
13:50 ashimema https://koha-community.org/koha-18-05-04-release/
13:50 * cait tries to lure kidclamp out with some chocolate
13:51 oleonard ashimema++
13:51 ashimema done and done.. bit later in the day than usual for me today.. I kinda entirely forgot about it untill lunch time
13:52 * ashimema thanks the calendar gods for reminders :P
13:52 Margaret kidclamp might not make an appearance till later today, fyi.
13:54 * ashimema is scared that he's just more than doubled a tests coverage.. found that some of it fails to do what is expected and hasn't even completely covered the method he's trying to cover yet!
13:54 Guest1239 Project Koha_18.05_D8 build #66: SUCCESS in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.05_D8/66/
13:54 cait for my question earlier - found the bug: 20318
13:54 cait bug 20318
13:54 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=20318 normal, P5 - low, ---, christophe.croullebois, Pushed to Stable , Merge invoices can lead to an merged invoice without Invoice number
13:56 paul_p joined #koha
13:56 fridolin ashimema: bravo ;) im catching now
13:57 ashimema :)
13:57 * ashimema goes back to trying to see what's wrong in bug 21385
13:57 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=21385 major, P2, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , Vendor search: Item count is incorrectly updated on partial receive.
13:59 * fridolin ready for release 17.11.10 in the end
14:00 ashimema 🙂
14:00 ashimema fridolin++
14:01 fridolin i was 2 month late piouf
14:01 fridolin and I have prepared last 17.05.x release
14:04 ashimema well done.. hard slog
14:05 * oleonard wonders why this column visibility menu is empty
14:07 mtompset Greetings, ashimema :)
14:07 mtompset Greetings, fridolin
14:08 mtompset oleonard, because they all hate you? Columns are very snobby from what I hear. ;)
14:08 fridolin thanks a lot mt
14:08 ashimema ola mtompset
14:08 fridolin mtompset (autocompetion)
14:09 mtompset mt doesn't auto-complete well if mtj is around. ;)
14:09 mtompset #seen mtj
14:09 mtompset @seen mtj
14:09 huginn` mtompset: mtj was last seen in #koha 2 weeks, 6 days, 9 hours, 18 minutes, and 1 second ago: <mtj> ^ ... i think that problem  is fixed in later versions?
14:09 calire left #koha
14:19 Guest1239 Project Koha_18.05_U18 build #65: SUCCESS in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_U18/65/
14:30 reiveune bye
14:30 reiveune left #koha
14:33 Guest1239 Project Koha_17.05_D8 build #105: UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_17.05_D8/105/
14:53 * mtompset tinkers around installing a base debian 8.11 with a kohaclone directory for bug testing.
14:55 Guest1239 Project Koha_17.11_D8 build #93: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_17.11_D8/93/
14:56 * kidclamp waves
14:56 Margaret hi kidclamp
14:57 Margaret i think cait has some chocolate for you.
14:58 kidclamp nomnomnom
14:58 kidclamp I looked at past dates today to plan out cait, will try to email today or tomorrow
14:59 ashimema kidclamp++
15:00 * ashimema wonders if kidclamp is intending to continue as RM next cycle... This cycles gone super quick
15:00 * kidclamp is interested
15:02 * oleonard is interested in kidclamp being interested
15:02 mtompset Greetings, kidclamp
15:03 * mtompset has to refresh memory... which rm is which?
15:04 oleonard If everyone stands up when they enter the room, but they don't stand up for anyone, they're the Release Manager
15:04 kidclamp morning mtompset
15:04 mtompset oleonard, that sounds like a twisted version of something.
15:04 ashimema Lol
15:04 kidclamp oleonard: I don't think I  am wielding as much power as I should
15:05 * mtompset has his memory triggered: https://youtu.be/4zIoElk3r2c
15:08 kidclamp the QA team are the real gatekeepers, send cookies their way
15:11 cait left #koha
15:26 fridolin left #koha
15:29 mtompset can someone please sign off bug 16690?
15:29 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=16690 major, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Remote DB installation is less secure.
15:29 mtompset It simplifies things so nicely.
15:31 Guest1239 Project Koha_17.11_D8 build #94: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_17.11_D8/94/
15:56 laurence left #koha
16:04 ashimema only comment on bug 16690 mtompset is that i'd correct the comment to say 'has' instead of 'have'.. but that's being picky and doesn't actually affect anything
16:04 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=16690 major, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Remote DB installation is less secure.
16:06 mtompset Oops... you are correct in your pedantic commentary, ashimema :)
16:06 Guest1239 Project Koha_17.11_D8 build #95: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_17.11_D8/95/
16:06 ashimema hehe..
16:10 mtompset Thank you, ashimema :)
16:10 mtompset ashimema++ # for the sign off. :)
16:11 ashimema nice solid test plan.. I like those ;)
16:11 mtompset I try to give them, so people who know next to nothing, except they want to try testing can.
16:12 oleonard To save time I'm just going to start using "This should be self-explanatory" as the test plan for all my patches.
16:12 * mtompset frowns at oleonard.
16:12 oleonard :D
16:12 mtompset It's like people with the translating bugs...
16:13 mtompset Yes, I know you know how to do the translation steps... but guess what... not everyone does. :)
16:13 mtompset And those are the bugs I want to test.
16:13 mtompset And while I try to figure it out... I don't always, so I can't test.
16:14 ashimema totally
16:14 mtompset Very frustrating to have a bug that you want to test, but the lack of test plan makes it next to impossible to test, because even if you try to figure it out, you don't get what you expect, and you don't know if that is because you didn't translate correctly or because there is something missing in the bug.
16:15 cait joined #koha
16:15 * cait waves
16:15 mtompset Greeting, cait
16:15 cait does someone have experience with syspref overwriting in apache?
16:16 mtompset don't you just set the environment variables in the apache config?
16:16 mtompset -- oooo... PLACK.
16:16 * mtompset grumbles.
16:16 cait i thought it was fixed for plack, but not sure
16:16 mtompset No, it is not.
16:16 cait the idea was to use it to have a different selfcheck user for various
16:16 cait shoudl there not be a bug report then?
16:16 mtompset Can't remember the bug number... someone was thinking of a plack middleware thing on one bug.
16:17 mtompset and translating the headers to environment variables.
16:17 cait hm thought that was shibboleth
16:17 * mtompset smirks, "Might be both."
16:17 cait bug 16520
16:18 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=16520 minor, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, CLOSED FIXED, Per-virtualhost SetEnvs don't work with Plack
16:18 cait fixed?
16:19 * mtompset shrugs, "I stay away from any mention of Plack. Plack is such a pain to test."
16:20 cait i couldn't live without plack
16:21 * mtompset grumbles, "flush this cache, restart that cache, empty that cache. cache cache cache."
16:23 cait nah
16:23 cait restart_all
16:23 cait with kohadevbox
16:23 cait does it all
16:23 cait it's gotten way easier than it used to be
16:24 edveal_ joined #koha
16:25 oleonard_ joined #koha
16:25 cait is oleonard_ oleonard's evil twi?
16:25 cait twin
16:26 oleonard_ Spoiler alert: they're both evil!!
16:28 cait plot twist!
16:29 tcohen mtompset: disable memcached
16:29 tcohen completely
16:29 tcohen and enjoy it
16:29 tcohen (plack)
16:32 mtompset tcohen, plack still has issues, which we've hacked with reverseproxy lines. I'm not going to use plack until we don't have to hack the configuration like that. ;)
16:34 tcohen having the 'changelanguage' feature not keep the original page is very minor compared to the benefits!
16:35 caroline I'm with mtompset, I don't know the technical part, but everytime one of our systems is down, it's because of plack
16:36 mtompset tcohen, had marc file upload issues the other day... plack on... plack off.. it worked.
16:36 mtompset So, I left plack off.
16:37 mtompset And yes, there is a vast speed improvement with plack... but I want functionality over speed. :)
16:39 tuxayo mtompset: Are these plack bugs, missing features or the principle of workers to cache the compilation that are the root cause?
16:43 cait we haven't had any issues with functionatliy and plack in a long while
16:43 cait apart from the known ones like shibboleth not working (which i hope will be fixed one day)
16:44 mtompset tuxayo, I don't know. Fresh package install with plack on couldn't import marc records.
16:44 tcohen marc file upload doesn't run under plack
16:44 mtompset tcohen, exactly.
16:44 tcohen are you using a source install?
16:44 mtompset No.
16:44 mtompset package install.
16:44 tcohen because
16:45 mtompset I think there was a bug that fixed the missing reverseproxy... and
16:45 tcohen https://snag.gy/P0bkwx.jpg
16:45 tcohen those are not passed to the pack backend
16:45 mtompset there was discussion about needing to get more multi-step'd in the ajaxy part.
16:46 ashimema 😞 My stats are poor this month..
16:46 mtompset well, the package install we had didn't mention upload.
16:46 mtompset ashimema, stats are over-rated.
16:46 * ashimema should get a few more SO's and QA's to his name before October.. pick them back up a bit
16:46 ashimema haha, indeed
16:47 ashimema thought they're good motivation sometimes ;)
16:47 mtompset joined #koha
16:48 * ashimema goes hunting for a couple of easy signoffs.. get me back in that top ten ;)
16:50 tuxayo cait: I don't know the detail but we have few client with shibboleth and plack
16:52 mtompset ashimema++ # join me in the top 10. :)
16:54 ashimema joubu about?
16:57 ashimema one down :)
16:58 kidclamp bug 21078 is a small fix which would be lovely to see signed off :-)
16:58 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=21078 normal, P5 - low, ---, nick, Needs Signoff , Overdrive JS breaks when window opened from another site
16:59 ashimema lol.. I wondered how long it would be before someone spotted I was on a so hunt and passed accross their favourite bug of the moment..
16:59 ashimema :)
17:02 cait tuxayo: it seems some people have figured out workarounds. but none are documented
17:02 cait and not sure all of them are safe
17:03 abneiman_ joined #koha
17:05 jcamins_ joined #koha
17:06 lavamind joined #koha
17:07 ashimema marcelr++ #taking on bug 18736 for qa
17:07 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=18736 critical, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , Problems in order calculations (rounding errors)
17:13 mtompset @seen alexbuckley
17:13 huginn` mtompset: alexbuckley was last seen in #koha 4 days, 17 hours, 8 minutes, and 59 seconds ago: <alexbuckley> yeah
17:17 mtompset cait, what say you on bug 15529?
17:17 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=15529 normal, P5 - low, ---, alexbuckley, Needs Signoff , Process Message Queue may send duplicate emails if process is launched twice
17:24 ashimema I agree with your comment on that bug if you want qa backup there mtompset ;)
17:26 mtompset I forgot to move it to in discussion so some other person doesn't in their eagerness ignore my comment and just sign it off. :)
17:26 davidnind[m] joined #koha
17:26 mtompset Greetings davidnind[m]
17:31 CrispyBran joined #koha
17:32 mtompset CrispyBran!
17:32 mtompset Greetings, CrispyBran.
17:32 CrispyBran mtompset!
17:32 wahanui i guess mtompset is about to test and sign off bug 21385. :)
17:32 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=21385 major, P2, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , Vendor search: Item count is incorrectly updated on partial receive.
17:33 mtompset Oops... :)
17:33 mtompset Never got back to that one. :)
17:33 CrispyBran :)
17:33 mtompset ashimema, did you rework your patch on it?
17:34 mtompset And now I have to search IRC logs to remember why I was looking for CrispyBran  the other day. :)
17:35 CrispyBran You helped me a couple weeks ago to get my devbox back in shape.  :)  Thanks again!
17:36 ashimema no worries mtompset
17:36 ashimema I need ot add a comment on the bug..
17:36 mtompset No no... I was trying to sign off bugs, and I found one of yours, CrispyBran
17:36 CrispyBran ah!
17:37 ashimema turned out there was a simple way.. it was just too late on friday for my brain to work it out
17:38 ashimema just move the `AND` clause out of the WHERE and turn it into a HAVING
17:38 mtompset It was bug 13272, CrispyBran
17:38 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=13272 trivial, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Many inputs lack a type attribute
17:38 ashimema however..
17:38 ashimema I can't for the life of my work out why I can't get the updated tests to pass now
17:38 ashimema :'(
17:38 * mtompset chants, "reset_all! reset_all!" ;)
17:39 ashimema back in a bit.. time to cook dinner
17:39 ashimema ttfn #koha
17:40 CrispyBran mtompset, yes...I believe more instances were discovered, and a couple issues I addressed in the patch that need to be fixed.  You had a question?
17:41 mtompset don't remember the question. :)
17:43 CrispyBran Okay then.  :)  On to other things!
18:15 cait joined #koha
18:35 mtompset CrispyBran, are you working on a patch for bug 13272 to address comment #13?
18:35 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=13272 trivial, P5 - low, ---, cbrannon, Signed Off , Many inputs lack a type attribute
18:37 mtompset oleonard, CrispyBran -- sorry I didn't put a test plan. :)
18:38 huginn joined #koha
18:41 AndrewIsh joined #koha
18:42 CrispyBran mtompset, I will be.  Working on another bug at the moment.
18:43 gmcharlt joined #koha
18:44 mtompset CrispyBran, I already put up a patch to address comment #13. ;)
18:44 mtompset I did not test it. that's the fun of it all. ;)
18:50 CrispyBran okay
18:54 mtompset So between you, CrispyBran and oleonard (who is probably winding down for the day), I figure one of you could test and sign off. :)
18:56 * oleonard leaves in 5
19:00 cait i was just going to ask you
19:00 cait if you could take a look at bug 18211
19:00 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=18211 minor, P5 - low, ---, cbrannon, Signed Off , Circulation.pl / Moremember.pl has errors in table row id
19:05 magnuse cait still around?
19:05 cait yes
19:05 magnuse did you see my comments about plack and sysprefs?
19:06 magnuse it works, also with plack
19:06 magnuse <pastebot> "magnuse" at 127.0.0.1 pasted "sample syspref override" (5 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/89
19:06 magnuse <magnuse> not too much documentation on it, i think i pieced it together from a couple bug reports
19:06 magnuse bug 16520
19:06 magnuse <huginn`> Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=16520 minor, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, CLOSED FIXED, Per-virtualhost SetEnvs don't work with Plack
19:06 magnuse <magnuse> the POD in http://git.koha-community.org/[…]02eab3f60;hb=HEAD also hs some info
19:06 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=16520 minor, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, CLOSED FIXED, Per-virtualhost SetEnvs don't work with Plack
19:06 huginn Bug 16520: minor, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, CLOSED FIXED, Per-virtualhost SetEnvs don't work with Plack
19:06 cait no i didn't - thx!
19:07 cait we should really document these things
19:07 cait i which file does this go?
19:07 cait httpd conf?
19:08 magnuse yup
19:10 magnuse and in my experience it works very well with plack
19:10 magnuse i have a couple sites using this trick since early summer
19:12 cait :)
19:12 cait pondering where we could document it
19:12 cait so we don't lose it again
19:13 magnuse the wiki?
19:13 cait woudl be best, but not sure i will get it right
19:13 cait could you make a start maybe?
19:14 tcohen joined #koha
19:14 cait josef_moravec: late night shift? :)
19:14 rangi joined #koha
19:14 cait hi rangi
19:17 magnuse hi rangi
19:17 magnuse <3 bug 17282
19:17 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17282 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, Passed QA , Ability to create charts for SQL reports
19:19 cait yess
19:29 magnuse cait: its a start https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_in_Apache_config
19:33 cait magnuse++ thx!
19:34 cait did you see hte bug where we were talking abuut this? or my comments earlier?
19:36 cait bug 10060
19:36 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=10060 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Self Checkout module does not honour circ control
19:38 magnuse me? nope
19:40 cait can i say there you confirmed it works? :)
19:41 magnuse yup :-)
19:41 cait done :)
19:41 magnuse cait++
19:45 CrispyBran cait, when submitting a patch that contains changes to the staff-global.scss, do I also need to submit the recorded changes to the staff-global.css, or do I omit those?
19:45 cait you could submit them as a separate patch
19:46 cait i am not sure if the sandboxes already create the css
19:46 cait or you can leave it
19:46 cait but never put it in the patch with the other changes, because that's harder to fix if there is a conflict
19:47 cait would be good if the new sandboxes would run the script sfor the css automatically when there is an scss file
19:48 kidclamp poke kyle for that cait
19:48 kidclamp owen and I have too
19:48 CrispyBran okay.  Thanks.  I'll just undo the changes to the css that yarn made (if I understand correctly).
19:48 rangi morning
19:48 cait i tried, but he is not here :)
19:48 kidclamp though I guess we shoul;d file as an issue
19:48 kidclamp morning rangi
19:48 cait CrispyBran: just don't git -add them :)
19:48 cait morning rangi
19:49 CrispyBran thanks
19:57 magnuse kia ora rangi
20:04 kathryn joined #koha
20:05 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:07 CrispyBran Bug 17985 has a working patch for proof, but needs input on the next step.  I welcome feedback.
20:07 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17985 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Hold request fails if only item in transit
20:08 CrispyBran Whoops, wrong bug.
20:08 CrispyBran Should be bug 17854
20:08 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17854 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, In Discussion , Print Slip and Close button
20:11 CrispyBran I welcome any input on this for the next step.
20:16 cait it's a little too late here for holds :)
20:20 cait hm might be not that related to holds
20:20 cait in discussion is a bit of a dangerous status - not a lot of people look there
20:20 cait maybe nso?
20:22 CrispyBran Hmmm....I could.  It's just not "complete".
20:23 CrispyBran https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=17854
20:23 huginn Bug 17854: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, cbrannon, Needs Signoff , Print Slip and Close button
20:27 magnuse habe fun, #koha!
20:28 cait bye magnuse :)
20:37 CrispyBran joined #koha
20:39 * CrispyBran is convinced cait has super powers!
20:45 cait breaking things?
20:45 cait it probably depends what you define as a super power
20:46 cait i am also really good at running into things
20:46 wahanui okay, cait.
20:51 caroline wahanui doesn't seem convinced
20:51 wahanui caroline: huh?
20:52 cait cait?
20:52 wahanui hmmm... cait is qa manager
20:52 cait cait?
20:52 wahanui hmmm... cait is qa manager
20:52 cait cait?
20:52 wahanui you are really good at running into things
20:52 cait *sigh*
20:52 caroline hehe!
20:53 cait be careful what you say when wahanui is listening
20:57 * cait is PQA on bug 12747
20:57 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=12747 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, charles.farmer, Signed Off , Add extra column in Z3950 search result
20:57 wizzyrea I had to read that bug update twice, first time I read "cheese farmer"
20:58 wizzyrea and was like YES, community cheese!
21:07 wizzyrea magnuse around?
21:09 janPasi__ joined #koha
21:10 cait he left earlier - late in europe :)
21:11 wizzyrea I figured, it was a long shot :)
21:11 wizzyrea it was re: 10060
21:11 wizzyrea I don't see how what he did solves the problem in a multibranch (not multitenant!) situation.
21:12 cait you ad a virtual host thing per branch
21:12 wizzyrea unless you're doing some IP based trickery?
21:12 cait so you have a different url
21:12 wizzyrea which honestly is kind of a terrible hack.
21:12 cait no need for different IP
21:13 cait and then you'd use that as the url for the self check and it will use the right prefs
21:13 wizzyrea !
21:13 wizzyrea I don't like that.
21:13 wizzyrea (sorry)
21:14 cait it's a workaround
21:14 cait using th epatrons branch won't work
21:14 wizzyrea not the way it is now.
21:14 cait you need a way to say 'we are at branch X'
21:15 wizzyrea yeah, an autologin account per branch would do it, but that's not how it is. ^.^
21:15 cait not really
21:15 wizzyrea not really do it or not really how it is?
21:15 cait becuase you'd still have to solve the problem on how to determine which one to log in
21:16 cait if you just have one opac url
21:16 cait there is no indicator where the self check station actually is
21:16 cait if you want it to auto log in
21:16 cait it needs to be able to decide which to use
21:16 cait if that makes sense?
21:16 wizzyrea mmm
21:17 cait the computer doesn't know at which branch it is
21:17 wizzyrea It does if you've got a logged in user that has a branchcode
21:17 wizzyrea and more than one autologin account.
21:17 wizzyrea i.e. defined in the branch definitions, for example
21:18 cait but how does the computer know which branch it's in?
21:18 cait which branch info to look up
21:20 wizzyrea I admit that is a siginificant problem - but I still don't like "add this to the apache config" because average users will probably never get there.
21:21 cait yeah, then don't use the autologin
21:21 wizzyrea also not terribly practical, significant librarian overhead.
21:21 cait i think asking the user which branch he/she is at.... could be an option. but not all libraries will like that
21:21 cait easy to create a mess picking the wrong
21:22 wizzyrea what about a param at the end of the URL
21:22 wizzyrea instead of an actual different url
21:22 cait might work
21:22 wizzyrea we can generate that in the config "use this for the selfcheck url"
21:23 wizzyrea "actual different url" I mean one that comes from the apache config
21:24 wizzyrea of course a url with a branch param will be different. :P
21:24 wizzyrea i wonder if just that bit would do it
21:24 wizzyrea i.e. leave the autologin alone, but add a branch param?
21:24 wizzyrea and if you're in a branch, use that url?
21:24 cait hm and overwrite the home branch of the staff user
21:25 cait ?
21:25 cait might still mess with stats
21:25 cait maybe better to still have more than one user and move the credentials to branches?
21:25 wizzyrea depends on whether you count a circ as owned by the autologin user or the borrower actually borrowing
21:26 cait might want to be able to figure out where the items where checked out from
21:26 cait can't tell right now where we might record the staff users's branch
21:26 wizzyrea yeah, but having the branch on the end would set that circ branch, no matter which borrower issued items right?
21:26 cait but i guess it's used in some places
21:26 wizzyrea it depends on how you have circ control
21:26 cait ah yep, might work
21:27 cait hm not sure only circ control - for the issuing rules yes
21:27 wizzyrea the main problem is, people think that the autologin user is the one circulating
21:27 wizzyrea but it's the borrower
21:27 wizzyrea and the issues go to that borrower's branch
21:27 cait but we still record where it's checked out from (location), but will probably work if it behaves like 'set library'
21:27 wizzyrea not the autologin user's one
21:27 wizzyrea so stats are already kinda not right
21:28 cait sorry, have to go to sleep
21:28 wizzyrea so
21:28 wizzyrea sok
21:28 cait probably woudl require some testing to see
21:28 wizzyrea yep probably
21:28 wizzyrea anyway
21:29 cait bye all and good night :)
21:29 cait well... good Tuesday
21:29 mtompset Greetings, wizzyrea
21:29 wizzyrea sleep well cait
21:29 wizzyrea hi mtompset
21:29 mtompset Stay healthy! -- I have a bad cold. *sneeze*
21:33 wizzyrea I'm just over a quite bad illness actually
22:09 caroline bye #koha!
22:33 Margaret See ya later #koha, good night!
23:00 mischievio joined #koha
23:13 Delicious joined #koha
23:22 CrispyBran joined #koha
23:50 CrispyBran wizzyrea, are you here?
23:50 CrispyBran @wizzyrea ^
23:51 huginn CrispyBran: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
23:51 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary