IRC log for #koha, 2018-02-14

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:07 NateC joined #koha
00:18 janPasi_ joined #koha
00:18 magnuse joined #koha
00:18 ashimema joined #koha
00:18 khall_away joined #koha
00:18 paxed joined #koha
00:18 jajm joined #koha
00:18 kivilahtio joined #koha
00:18 KotH joined #koha
00:18 fredericd joined #koha
00:18 mirkh joined #koha
00:18 lari joined #koha
00:39 JoshB joined #koha
00:56 valterbarreira[m] joined #koha
02:50 edveal joined #koha
03:09 edveal joined #koha
03:20 Kafilini joined #koha
04:59 test joined #koha
05:26 mtompset Have a great day, #koha.
05:34 janPasi_ joined #koha
05:34 magnuse joined #koha
05:34 khall_away joined #koha
05:34 fredericd joined #koha
05:34 mirkh joined #koha
05:35 ashimema joined #koha
05:35 paxed joined #koha
05:35 jajm joined #koha
05:35 kivilahtio joined #koha
05:35 KotH joined #koha
05:35 lari joined #koha
06:38 josef_moravec joined #koha
06:38 LibraryClaire joined #koha
06:38 LibraryClaire morning #koha
06:39 cait joined #koha
07:07 laurence joined #koha
07:33 alex_a joined #koha
07:33 alex_a bonjour
07:34 reiveune joined #koha
07:34 reiveune hello
07:35 wilfrid joined #koha
07:59 BobB does anyone have experience importing serials data in bulk?
07:59 BobB it looks very complex?
08:02 BobB I should check if there are scripts, eh
08:02 paul_p joined #koha
08:07 sophie_m1 joined #koha
08:25 cait joined #koha
08:25 cait josef_moravec: was wondering, will you or someone else be in Marseille?
08:26 cait I have a couple of things concerining GDPR i'd like to discuss
08:26 cait like documenting our cookies properly
08:26 josef_moravec cait: I will not be there, and as I know, nobody from Czech Republic ;(
08:27 LibraryClaire :(
08:27 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:27 cait yeah :(
08:28 gaetan_B bonjour
08:28 wahanui niihau, gaetan_B
08:28 cait woudl be nice to meet you!
08:28 josef_moravec cait: I could ask Mike Denar - m23, if he can come at least to IRC, he is working on GDPR long time
08:28 cait I will try to update the wiki page then (hopefully soon)
08:28 cait my todo list is killing me a bit
08:28 cait maybe we coudl organize an irc meeting sometime to discuss
08:28 cait but i'd need to prepare a bit more for it
08:28 josef_moravec cait: it would be great
08:30 cait ok, let's talk about that again soon :) or if youwant go ahead and talk to others about a date?
08:32 josef_moravec cait: OK, I will send an e-mail to mailing list and try to find time for GDPR meeting
08:33 cait cool
08:33 cait josef_moravec++
08:33 josef_moravec ;)
08:34 cait i've used framadate recently for finding a date, but as we are possibly all in europe, it might be easier to find a good one :)
08:34 tuxayo hi #koha o/
08:34 josef_moravec hope so ;)
08:37 LibraryClaire hi tuxayo
08:47 magnuse ~~~
08:47 magnuse josef_moravec++
08:47 josef_moravec hi magnuse
08:47 wahanui kamelåså
08:48 cait josef_moravec: i am adding documenting cookies to the dev meeting agenda
08:50 josef_moravec cait: great
09:03 magnuse don't forget to add gdpr-related stuff to https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]nd_patron_privacy
09:03 cait joined #koha
09:12 eythian something else for your list is apache access logs, which can correlate an IP address (which is usually PII) with records viewed, so having a strict by default logrotate policy or something could be good.
09:13 eythian > Do we need one of those "This site uses cookies, click here to agree" thingies?
09:13 eythian probably not. They're stupid and most sites use them even when they don't need to.
09:44 petter joined #koha
10:04 magnuse eythian++ i added the apache logs to the wiki page
10:05 cait joined #koha
10:19 alex_a_ joined #koha
10:51 cait eythian: i am just discussing this question with our data privacy expert because a library asked
10:52 cait do we need the silly pop-up
11:06 cait left #koha
11:13 cait joined #koha
11:17 eythian cait: so, something like: the popup is needed if you're using cookies for things other than required functioning of the site.
11:18 eythian koha uses a cookie for your session and one or two other things, that afaik are part of the site function.
11:20 cait but if a library used a tracking tool...
11:21 eythian then they have to do a whole lot more GDPR related research anyway
11:22 eythian also, I think it only applies to tracking if it's done cross-site, so Google analytics is OK because it only tracks you returning.
11:24 eythian (that last part is a bit less certain to me however.)
11:24 cait thx, hope will get the same answer - I'd realyl like to avoid adding one of those
11:26 eythian also keep in mind that if you add cookies that require the banner, Dutch law requires those cookies to be opt-in, so it can't just be a notification that they're there, there has to be actual logic going on to not set them initially.
11:26 eythian Otherwise the Rijsmuseum may get turned into apartments.
11:30 cait hm?
11:30 cait ah
11:31 eythian +k
11:31 cait eythian: it seems like you have had fun with those laws lately
11:31 cait want to join our gdpr group? ;)
11:31 eythian I don't! I'm being barraged with GDPR stuff through work as it is :)
11:31 cait yeah well... unvoluntary expert then :)
11:31 eythian (not that it closely applies to me at the moment, but it might some day.)
11:34 cait involuntary expert *corrects herself*
11:34 eythian more or less, yeah :)
11:57 oha is there a irc meeting now?
11:57 josef_moravec oha: i think it will in 1 hour
11:58 oha ok
12:06 cait joined #koha
12:11 sonOfRa joined #koha
12:21 greenjimll joined #koha
12:26 m23_KohaCZ joined #koha
12:30 oleonard joined #koha
12:31 m23_KohaCZ joined #koha
12:32 oleonard-away Hi all
12:32 LibraryClaire hi oleonard
12:32 wahanui hi oleopard
12:33 eythian hi oleopard
12:33 josef_moravec joined #koha
12:36 meliss joined #koha
12:38 kidclamp hi oleonard
12:38 wahanui hi dear loon
12:38 oleonard Welcome back to drab reality kidclamp
12:39 kidclamp ah, from disney
12:39 kidclamp I was confused for a moment
12:45 oleonard Dev meeting in 15?
12:46 LibraryClaire I believe so
12:49 magnuse next meeting?
12:49 wahanui hmmm... next meeting is https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Next_IRC_meetings
12:49 tcohen joined #koha
12:49 magnuse https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_14_February_2018
12:50 tcohen morning
12:50 magnuse ¡hola tcohen!
12:50 * LibraryClaire is grabbing pre meeting coffee
12:51 tcohen oh!
12:51 * tcohen goes grab coffee too!
12:53 * oleonard looks around in vain for coffee
12:59 * cait waves
12:59 * cait had pre-meeting espresso and some fried apple thing :)
13:00 * LibraryClaire is back with tea
13:02 * josef_moravec envy ;)
13:02 m23_KohaCZ Cofee? Me too, pls
13:03 josef_moravec m23_KohaCZ: use your coffee maker, but quickly, meeting is starting soon ;)
13:04 oleonard Chci kavu
13:05 jzairo joined #koha
13:05 m23_KohaCZ back
13:05 kidclamp ah yes, lemme get settled and start that
13:06 kidclamp #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 14 February 2018
13:06 huginn` Meeting started Wed Feb 14 13:06:23 2018 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:06 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:06 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 February 2018)
13:06 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_14_february_2018'
13:06 kidclamp #topic introductions
13:06 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
13:06 Topic for #koha is now introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 February 2018)
13:06 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
13:06 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
13:06 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
13:07 LibraryClaire #info Claire Gravely, BSZ, Germany
13:07 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
13:07 m23_KohaCZ #info Michal Denar, Municipal Library Ceska Trebova, KohaCZ
13:09 petter #info Petter Åsen, Oslo public library, Norway
13:09 kidclamp #topic Announcements
13:09 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 February 2018)
13:09 kidclamp anyone have announcements?
13:09 oleonard Joubu not here?
13:10 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_14_February_2018 Agenda
13:10 benjamin joined #koha
13:10 josef_moravec #info Josef Moravec, Czech Republic
13:10 tuxayo #info Victor Grousset, BibLibre
13:11 magnuse #info Magnus Enger, Libriotecf, Noeway
13:11 benjamin #info Benjamin Rokseth, Oslo Public Library
13:11 magnuse *Norway
13:11 tuxayo Hooray for asset versionning? Bug 12904
13:11 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=12904 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Force browser to load new javascript files after upgrade
13:11 kidclamp indeed
13:11 kidclamp #info Bug 12904 pushed, some follow ups too, excellent news :-)
13:12 kidclamp #topic Update from the Release manager (18.05)
13:12 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (18.05) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 February 2018)
13:12 cait do we need to change something again now with the bug fixes pushed?
13:12 cait to fix the installations?
13:12 kidclamp I think he is not here, but read his 'What's on' email - QA stuff, he will push it
13:12 tcohen cait: yes
13:12 kidclamp if you pull latest misc4dev and reset_all
13:12 cait ok
13:13 cait maybe another email to koha-devel?
13:13 cait i was not sure if all known bugs are fixed now
13:13 tcohen there's been two emails
13:13 kidclamp or run cp_debian_files.pl
13:13 * tcohen is running a full kohadevbox creation to test if its fixed
13:14 cait hm I have only seen one for the first push
13:14 kidclamp all the blockers are pushed
13:15 kidclamp bugs 20187 20189 20190
13:15 kidclamp moving on?
13:16 tcohen yup
13:16 kidclamp #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
13:16 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 February 2018)
13:16 kidclamp hey, that's me
13:16 kidclamp will try to catch up on master today/tomorrow, was away for a week so a bit behind
13:16 kidclamp string freeze tomorrow
13:17 kidclamp if you need stuff in, let me know
13:17 tcohen @later tell Joubu sql_mode can be set by the client...
13:17 huginn` tcohen: The operation succeeded.
13:17 kidclamp #info kidclamp will be catching up to master - string freeze tomorrow
13:17 kidclamp fridolin?
13:17 wahanui i guess fridolin is busy at the moment, I asked him to backport the bug fix
13:17 kidclamp wahanui forget fridolin
13:17 wahanui kidclamp: I forgot fridolin
13:18 kidclamp wahanui fridolin is that guy with the great hair
13:18 wahanui OK, kidclamp.
13:18 cait forget fridolin
13:18 wahanui cait: I forgot fridolin
13:18 cait Rmaints?
13:18 wahanui well, Rmaints is kidclamp (17.11), fridolin (17.05), rangi (16.11)
13:19 clrh hi, just for information, code4lib conference should begin in a few moments, stream available and program https://www.youtube.com/watch?[…]&feature=youtu.be http://2018.code4lib.org/schedule/day-1/
13:19 cait fridolin is that guy with the great hair
13:19 cait fxed.
13:19 kidclamp #topic Updates from the QA team
13:19 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 February 2018)
13:19 kidclamp qa_team?
13:19 wahanui i heard qa_team was alex_a jajm marcelr khall kidclamp tcohen josef_moravec
13:20 * kidclamp has been away so v behind, fridays are qa day
13:20 cait Nothing much new, we still need to do a lot of QA
13:20 kidclamp but every day rhymes with qa :-)
13:20 * tcohen has been away too
13:20 cait I have started sending weekly emails to the qa team to bug them ;)
13:20 kidclamp cait++
13:21 kidclamp khall is away today, so bug him for all the QA, he told me to say that :-
13:21 kidclamp :-D
13:21 cait i will
13:21 cait he also requested a bugging mail update on friday, which I will gladly send :)
13:21 cait we are stuck around 90 atm, which shoudl be lower, but I am really worried about the NSO queue
13:22 kidclamp anyone else?
13:22 cait for when it hits us and for the stuff stuck in there
13:22 kidclamp if someone wanted to hold a GBSD and drum up support I would give them hugs
13:22 cait the hackfest in Marseille is soon, but 220 is really a lot
13:23 * LibraryClaire would liek to see the NSO queue shrink a bit
13:23 * cait too
13:24 oleonard LibraryClaire++ # for helping shrink the NSO queue
13:24 cait so... someone GBSD?
13:24 kidclamp LibraryClaire^^
13:24 LibraryClaire :P
13:24 LibraryClaire only if everyone does hte bugs I don't wanna do
13:25 LibraryClaire the major queue has quite a few in it right now and we have one critical needing sign off too
13:26 tcohen if its friday, I can guide and SO too
13:26 tcohen i.e. help you LibraryClaire
13:26 LibraryClaire tcohen++
13:27 kidclamp #action LibraryClaire will organize a GBSD in the near future
13:27 DonnaB joined #koha
13:27 kidclamp moving on
13:27 kidclamp #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
13:27 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 February 2018)
13:27 mtompset joined #koha
13:28 talljoy joined #koha
13:28 kidclamp #info Bug 19474, Convert staff client CSS to SCSS: Should compiled CSS be part of the codebase?
13:28 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=19474 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, In Discussion , Convert staff client CSS to SCSS
13:28 kidclamp oleonard^
13:29 oleonard The question is whether there should be a compiled version of staff-global.css (compiled from staff-global.scss) in the codebase or whether it should be compiled during installation
13:30 tcohen *packaging?
13:30 oleonard Right now, for instance, in the OPAC the compiled version of the LESS file is tracked.
13:30 oleonard We ask that people making changes to the OPAC LESS file attach a separate patch for the compiled CSS
13:30 oleonard Do we want to continue to work that way in the staff client, or change that process somehow?
13:31 oleonard I don't have a preference either way. I wanted to take the opportunity to ask whether we are doing it the best way.
13:32 cait hm what are the consequences for the workflows?
13:32 cait i think package installatons can be fully automated...standard too -  git installations need to run a script?
13:32 tcohen I think we should do it at packaging time, and have our dev environment generate it for us
13:32 cait and for testers and sandboxes?
13:32 oleonard The current practice creates an extra step for patch-submitters but makes it very easy for testers.
13:33 tcohen and I would also add we should bundle all the perl deps on packaging time too
13:33 kidclamp what would be required for testers in this scenario?
13:33 oleonard ...except when testers find that opac.css conflicts every time I guess...
13:34 cait it seems we don't change the css too often, but staff might be different
13:35 tcohen in kohadevbox and koha-testing-docker it would be fairly easy to just add a watcher that re-generates the file on each change
13:35 kidclamp if there is a simple process for sandboxes and dev installs for testing I am for it - I guess is better to place burden on devs - ideal world none of us have to generate it
13:35 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
13:35 mtompset I've commented on this topic before. Compiling LESS files is technical. We should not introduce technical difficulties to those who wish to participate.
13:35 kidclamp tcohen what about traditional git
13:35 Freddy_Enrique Good morning everyone
13:36 tcohen kidclamp: we are working closely with khall to move the sandboxes into using koha-testing-docker
13:36 josef_moravec there is about 20 commits per year to staff-global.css, so it is changed relatively often...
13:36 tcohen in my opinion, this should be a RM task (regenerate) when pushing the patches
13:37 kidclamp test plans do require things now like 'reindex, run this script, etc' if it is as simple as 'perl compile_css.pl' I think it can be okay for testers
13:37 mtompset I agreed with tcohen.
13:37 tcohen in kohadevbox we already have the less-opac alias to do the job
13:37 mtompset kidclamp, perhaps recompile all the less files as part of restart_all? ;)
13:37 mtompset Oh... didn't know about that alias.
13:37 mtompset Sweet.
13:38 cait so same as schema changes?
13:38 tcohen mtompset: https://github.com/digibib/kohadevbox#aliases
13:38 cait hm not quite the same
13:38 Joubu (oops)
13:38 cait i think the important part is make it easy for testers
13:38 * LibraryClaire waves to Joubu
13:38 mtompset tcohen, I never pay attention to aliases. :)
13:38 cait we already talked about hte size of queue
13:38 cait :)
13:38 kidclamp with schema we ask devs to include the files to ease testing, could it be the same?
13:40 oleonard Include a patch with the compiled css but don't push it?
13:40 * kidclamp nods
13:40 oleonard I'm not sure if that's easier, since the patch is always going to conflict.
13:40 Joubu we will have conflicts all the time
13:40 * LibraryClaire hates conflicts
13:40 * kidclamp is conflict avoidant
13:42 oleonard Joubu: What do you think?
13:43 kmlussier joined #koha
13:44 Joubu what oleonard said
13:45 Joubu we should provide an easy way to generate the .css file
13:45 Joubu we could even patch git-bz
13:46 kidclamp #chair cait
13:46 huginn` Current chairs: cait kidclamp
13:47 NateC joined #koha
13:47 cait i think we need to make sure testers know waht to do
13:48 cait and that the solution works for devbox and sandbox
13:48 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:48 cait otherwise i have no preference :)
13:48 kidclamp oleonard should get what he wants :-)
13:48 Joubu how can we make sure testers know what do do?
13:48 oleonard kidclamp: But I didn't express a preference :P
13:49 cait might be a metter of people willing to help fixing devbox and sandboxes?
13:50 oleonard I get the impression that's its more typical these days that compiled assets are not tracked in git and it's handled in the packaging process.
13:50 oleonard Keeping the process the same as it is in the OPAC means that no new work is pushed onto anyone, so maybe that's better.
13:52 cait could you name the tasks that need to be done to make one or the other work for testers?
13:53 oleonard Keeping the status quo means testers need to resolve the compiled css conflict every time they test patches with css changes
13:53 oleonard Updating the workflow means changing devbox, sandboxes, git-bz, packaging process, etc.
13:53 oleonard ...which sounds like a lot to me!
13:55 oleonard Anyone want to argue against keeping things the way they are for now?
13:55 kidclamp well, if we change all that we reduce conflicts and keep ease of testing? pay now for savings later?
13:55 Joubu nope, just git-bz, or reset_all, that's all
13:56 cait not everyone wnats to throw their db out all the time :)
13:56 cait so please nothing that requires a reset_all
13:56 Joubu it can also be in the test plan, "first step, run this command to update the css file"
13:56 rkrimme1 joined #koha
13:57 * LibraryClaire does not like reset_all after losing her db
13:57 Joubu so just run the script that will update the css file
13:57 Joubu or an alias, it's the same
13:57 gaetan_B joined #koha
13:57 mtompset Right, but people write lousy test plans, Joubu.
13:57 Joubu ok
13:57 mtompset They aren't likely to remember to add that step.
13:58 Joubu I am out for this conversatino I think
13:58 LibraryClaire I think it should be written in the test plan to run the script
13:58 Joubu people do not read email, do not read test plan, do not want to run alias
13:58 mtompset Soooo true!
13:59 cait i think an alias would work after a little get used to
13:59 oleonard Alright, let's keep things the way they are. I'll revise my patch to include the CSS.
13:59 mtompset Are we going to add a staff alias for compiling less too?
13:59 oleonard We should move on before everyone falls asleep.
14:00 cait any decision to log?
14:00 Joubu and people do not test anyway
14:00 mtompset write better test plans which include the command to compile any modified less files? :)
14:00 cait ok, moving on
14:01 cait but please still find a solution
14:01 cait next one is about merging the tables
14:01 cait petter: ?
14:01 petter woho!
14:01 petter this is gonna be fun:)
14:01 petter So, I guess we first should agree to do it
14:01 petter The agree on how to do it
14:02 petter I don't know if I should describe problems of the current db architecture?
14:02 oha we skip the whys, i guess we agree on that
14:03 cait it creates massive problems with PKs and the schema? :)
14:03 petter yes
14:03 petter https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]uto_increment_fix
14:03 petter this i one problem
14:03 petter is one
14:04 petter another, is that we are loosing data when moving row from one table to another, when the row is used in a relation to anther table
14:04 petter example: when we move from items to deleteditems, any old_issue which is refering to the item is set to NULL
14:04 petter so its no longer possible to find out what that checkout was
14:05 mtompset oh yuck! Hadn't thought of that one.
14:05 cait oh ugh
14:05 cait i didn't know fo that one
14:05 cait i thought they kept the number an donly nulled for patron
14:05 Joubu it depends
14:05 oha depends sounds even worse :)
14:05 Margaret joined #koha
14:05 Joubu on the value, but it sucks anyway as the link is not updated it it needs to be
14:06 cait joined #koha
14:06 petter Anyways, there are many problems, if all agree that we should merge, then we can focus on how to to the merging
14:06 mtompset Is there anyone opposed to the idea?!
14:06 petter As far as I could find out, the original reason for splitting the tables was for performace ?
14:06 petter But I don't think it is a viable argument any more
14:06 petter With proper indexes
14:07 Joubu petter: did you read the previous discussions on the list and bug reports?
14:07 petter millions of rows in issues table should be no problem
14:07 petter There was some discussion on the recent Recalls in koha bug
14:07 cait we might have to be careful with the merge - like warn big libraries they need to plan more time for update or so
14:07 cait we had some issues there with changes on statistics
14:08 cait my feeling is that we already agreed on doing it multiple times?
14:08 petter OK good lets do it!
14:08 petter Shall we vote to do it?
14:08 oha cait: I guess it will be a problem for custom reports
14:08 cait like everyone says we shoudl, but noone wants to tackle it
14:08 andreashm joined #koha
14:08 cait so was the move of marcxml
14:08 cait but it hink we got some helpful things from that we coudl use
14:08 cait like highlighting reports that need work after update
14:08 Joubu petter: we do not need a vote to do it, it's more: Who/How/When?
14:08 petter Great
14:08 petter So we can do some inital work
14:09 oha I actually did a quick test
14:09 Joubu and... who is going to update the sql report on the wiki, who is going to write bugfixes when pushed
14:09 Joubu I am oppose to do it now
14:09 Joubu I have started already
14:09 oha Joubu: i have no idea what is the sql report on the wiki
14:10 Joubu I would like to remove the related C4 modules before, and when the code is moved to Koha we can do it easily
14:10 oha can you explain?
14:10 oleonard oha: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]L_Reports_Library
14:10 oha oleonard: ty
14:10 Joubu https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]L_Reports_Library
14:10 oha I guess I will read it _after_ this meeting :)
14:10 oha unless you want to wait... :o)
14:10 Joubu after the tables are merged the reports librarians wrote will be broken
14:11 cait true, but same now for marcxml ones
14:11 cait we need to document, but I don't think we can prevent it
14:11 LibraryClaire oha it's a collection of reports which have been written for use in koha
14:11 petter I understand you want to move C4 to Koha, but that would take years still, don't you think?
14:11 cait Joubu: wuld it be ok to start with... old_reserves for example after all hold things have been moved?
14:12 Joubu yes, that's why we have 2 versions for some reports now
14:12 cait or do you want to finish the whole rewrite before?
14:12 Joubu "Versions 17.05 and later: "
14:12 petter I think reports are the least of the challenges with doing the merge
14:12 Joubu petter: yes it takes years as nobody tests the patches I wrote
14:12 oha Joubu: I understand the frustration, but isn't this a bit off topic now?
14:13 Joubu the easier would be the borrowers tables I think
14:13 oleonard oha: Updating reports is part of the process. It's part of the workload we take on when we take on the change.
14:13 oha oleonard: i mean, signing joubu patches :)
14:14 petter I volunter to fix the reports
14:14 cait i can help with the sql reports
14:14 cait on the wiki
14:14 wahanui on the wiki is more information about the packages
14:14 cait and also with testing, i am already trying to help there
14:14 cait but it would be cool if got more help there
14:14 cait i think what we might have to do is agree on a plan
14:15 cait it feels like we have a lot of unfinished big projects right now
14:15 petter Yes
14:15 petter For a start
14:15 petter Make one bug about each table merge?
14:15 cait REST API, C4->Koha, etc.
14:15 cait I think maybe a wiki page even first
14:15 cait name the tables, the sequence, steps
14:15 cait and then make the bugs
14:15 oha anyways, i did a quick test today. I managed to remove deleteditems and have intra working, with the admin reports and apis. it didn't take long and it was 17 files changed, 51 insertions(+), 82 deletions(-)
14:16 oha I might have missed something, but going around in intra and testing few apis was ok
14:16 oha but i haven't checked the tests which will surely fails if they mingle with the db
14:19 BobB joined #koha
14:19 cait I am all for it, but I think we need to see that we not only produce new code, but also have a clear plan in place
14:19 cait as we have problems processing the new code at the moment
14:19 cait i think a wiki page wth steps etc for next meeting and then really get people to dedicate to do it would be good
14:19 petter Shall we open a bug for merging items and deleteditems, provida an initial patch and continue discussion there?
14:20 petter Or we could start with another couple, borrowers + deletedborrowers
14:20 cait Joubu?
14:20 wahanui Joubu is probably not sure how to fix that correctly
14:20 LibraryClaire maye a wiki page for the project
14:20 LibraryClaire outlining what needs to be done
14:21 Joubu I have started already borrowers tables I think
14:22 Joubu oha: start with a wiki page I'd say, link with a bug report, and attach a patch if you have on
14:22 Joubu e
14:22 oha I can help you in the next month, but then i'm off for other tasks. so I'm happy to give you patches to test now
14:22 oha sounds good
14:23 petter great!
14:23 cait next meeting is in 2 weeks
14:23 cait let's see status then?
14:23 petter I'll make the wiki page and start adding to it
14:23 cait please make sure it's on the agenda
14:23 cait moving on ok?
14:23 oleonard A month probably isn't long enough to see the process through.
14:24 Joubu and maybe read the previous discussins on the list, I talk about this merge for 2,3y already ;)
14:24 cait yeah worried about that too, especially as we only have 1.5 left
14:24 cait hm ok 3
14:24 cait 3 months until release
14:24 cait but let's take another look in 2 weeks?
14:25 petter Yes, sounds good
14:25 cait I have put another thing on the list - I have learned that we need to document cookies for the data privacy documentation (GDPR etc)
14:25 cait instead of all of us doing that separately
14:25 cait I suggest creating a wiki page and collect the information there and maintain it together
14:25 oha I will do my best to give you something usable, but surely there might be some fine tuning after I'm gone
14:25 cait we'd need how long a cookie is stored, what is stored, what it's used for
14:25 oha cait: i think petter volunteered already :)
14:26 cait for the cookies?
14:26 oha cait: no, i read to hastly
14:26 oha ignore me :)
14:26 cait ok ;)
14:27 cait and amybe we could make a coding guideline about documenting new cookies added?
14:27 cait anyone home? :)
14:28 oleonard I think it's a good idea cait
14:29 cait ok, so i will start a wiki page
14:29 cait oleonard: would you be willing to proof read my findings maybe?
14:29 m23_KohaCZ Wiki page for user data & privacy will be great.
14:29 oleonard cait: Yes
14:29 m23_KohaCZ adn coding guidelines for developers too
14:29 cait #action cait to start a wiki page about cookie use in Koha
14:29 cait #action oleonard to proof read
14:30 cait #action cait to suggest a coding guideline for maintaining cookie documentation
14:30 cait I have also learned me might need to implement one of those cookie banners
14:30 m23_KohaCZ but GDPR isnt just about cookies, its easy part
14:30 cait that wanrs you about cookie use...
14:30 cait i might come back to this another time
14:31 cait a lot of the data privacy stuff is about documenting
14:31 cait what do you store, why do you store it, how long do you store it, when do you delete it?
14:32 m23_KohaCZ if someone want to quit service for some reason, shoul have some waay to delete cookis on their device easy, by click on link for example.
14:33 cait hm haven't seen that yet
14:33 m23_KohaCZ GDPR mantra: what user data we store, how we legal reason for it, which (law, agreement...)
14:33 petter https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/MergingOfTables
14:33 cait but we got a request for taking you data with you in a machine storable format
14:33 cait §20?
14:33 cait still have to look into it
14:33 cait in general, we might have to discuss this at a separate meeting
14:33 cait ok to move on?
14:34 cait #topic Review of coding guidelines
14:34 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 February 2018)
14:34 cait there are no topics listed
14:34 cait if it's ok, I will jump right to the next topic as we are running late today
14:34 cait #topic Set time of next meeting
14:34 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 February 2018)
14:35 cait Joubu: can you help me out?
14:36 cait February 28, 19 UTC?
14:36 josef_moravec ok for me
14:37 cait #info Next meeting: 28 February 2018, 19 UTC
14:37 cait #endmeeting
14:37 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software http://koha-community.org
14:37 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Feb 14 14:37:07 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
14:37 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-02-14-13.06.html
14:37 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-02-14-13.06.txt
14:37 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]14-13.06.log.html
14:37 cait thx all!
14:37 oleonard Thanks everyone
14:37 LibraryClaire kidclamp++
14:37 LibraryClaire cait++
14:56 * andreashm reads the meeting log
14:57 * Freddy_Enrique reading X2
14:59 andreashm merging tables. wow.
15:09 barton|laptop joined #koha
15:21 edveal joined #koha
15:28 tcohen1 joined #koha
15:45 laurence left #koha
15:46 kellym joined #koha
15:54 oleonard Bug 19474 has been updated and another follow-up added.
15:54 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=19474 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Convert staff client CSS to SCSS
15:54 oleonard I hope someone might have time to test.
15:59 Joubu oleonard: better than patching git-bz we could write a git hook to regenerate the css file if scss if modified
16:00 josef_moravec oleonard++
16:00 TGoat joined #koha
16:01 oha what about checking mtime of css and scss, and rebuild when the latter is newer?
16:05 tcohen oha: npm install watcher
16:06 tcohen *watch*
16:06 tcohen it does that, and runs the command you specify
16:07 reiveune bye
16:07 reiveune left #koha
16:11 oha tcohen: i was suggesting an alternative to git hooks
16:11 * LibraryClaire goes in search of wine
16:11 LibraryClaire laters #koha
16:11 LibraryClaire left #koha
16:12 jbeno joined #koha
16:12 * tuxayo realizes that there is a mirror of the code at https://gitlab.com/koha-community/Koha   which allows to easily link to lines of code in Bugs. <3
16:12 * tuxayo When gitweb is a bit of a pain for that
16:14 mtompset @seen paxed
16:14 huginn` mtompset: paxed was last seen in #koha 1 day, 4 hours, 16 minutes, and 55 seconds ago: <paxed> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_plugins has a link to https://bywatersolutions.com/koha-plugins/ which doesn't exist
16:15 paxed mtompset: yes?
16:42 rocio_ joined #koha
16:43 Joubu jajm: bug 20178 - you meant "subroutines" instead of "prefs", right?
16:43 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=20178 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Failed QA , Fix output_pref with dateformat=iso
16:47 jajm Joubu, no I meant pref, the user should know what it means to change dateformat syspref to 'iso'
16:49 Joubu ha, it exists in the pref...
16:50 jajm yes
16:51 Joubu I do not think it is used, it should not
16:52 mtompset We should add more and more... ymd ymddot ymddash :)
16:52 mtompset Isn't there a date delimiter system preference?
16:53 cait1 joined #koha
16:58 LibraryClaire joined #koha
17:10 cait joined #koha
17:30 mtompset BTW, easy sign off: bug 20197
17:30 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=20197 trivial, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Missing rfc3339 in systempreference choices for dateformat
17:31 Joubu It's not missing
17:32 Joubu we do not want it
17:32 Joubu do you want it?
17:34 mtompset Why don't we want?
17:35 DonnaB joined #koha
17:35 mtompset No, I don't believe I would use it, but if the API uses it, why not let the user set things to see what the API sees?
17:37 andrewfh joined #koha
17:38 Joubu because it's only used by the api to format date for JSON
17:39 tcohen mtompset: if you are curious about it, better look at the RFC :-P
17:40 Joubu mtompset: you should also keep in mind that we do not want to add stuffs that nobody asked for :)
17:41 Joubu it will adds code to maintain for nothing
17:42 paxed mtompset: also see date-format.inc
17:43 paxed although it doesn't explicitly need change, ...
17:52 edveal joined #koha
17:55 oleonard See you later #koha
17:57 mtompset paxed: Eeeew! Okay.
18:10 edveal joined #koha
18:27 jenkins joined #koha
18:48 cait left #koha
18:50 CrispyBran joined #koha
18:50 mtompset @seen kidclamp
18:50 huginn` mtompset: kidclamp was last seen in #koha 4 hours, 54 minutes, and 49 seconds ago: <kidclamp> well, if we change all that we reduce conflicts and keep ease of testing? pay now for savings later?
18:51 tcohen @later tell khall I'm preparing koha-testing-docker for your come back
18:51 huginn` tcohen: The operation succeeded.
18:57 mtompset Does the dashboard load fine for everyone else?
19:01 tcohen yup
19:01 tcohen what's the symptom?
19:01 mtompset EVERY ONE
19:01 wahanui rumour has it EVERY ONE is welcomed
19:01 mtompset white screen of death
19:01 mtompset nothing visible
19:01 mtompset reload a million times and it might show.
19:06 tcohen Joubu: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]r_Tomas/2/console
19:08 jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
19:08 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
19:08 jenkins Project Koha_17.05_D8 build #80: FIXED in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_17.05_D8/80/
19:16 bag @seen cait
19:16 huginn` bag: cait was last seen in #koha 4 hours, 39 minutes, and 40 seconds ago: <cait> thx all!
19:37 * LeeJ waves
19:37 LeeJ hi #koha
19:37 LeeJ sorry for missing the meeting this morning...we had a 2 our delay due to an unanticipated ice storm :-\
19:38 tcohen hi LeeJ!
19:38 * LeeJ waves to tcohen
19:39 LeeJ anyone know if $cgi->Vars is supported in Koha's configuration?
19:40 Trash joined #koha
20:28 mtompset LeeJ, why would you use that archaic form? It is, but why?
20:29 Kafilini joined #koha
20:30 LeeJ mtompset: was an approach I was playing around with...I have a checkbox group and I was trying to see which were unchecked
20:31 mtompset Grab the group id, and then scan the array?
20:32 LeeJ doesn't CGI return only the checked boxes back to the perl file?
20:35 LeeJ mtompset: so all checkboxes get returned to the script not just the checked ones?
20:54 tuxayo see you #koha! o/
21:09 tallerjoy joined #koha
22:17 cait joined #koha
22:21 jbeno joined #koha
22:25 jbeno joined #koha
22:36 dilan joined #koha
23:00 Kafilini joined #koha
23:13 Kafilini joined #koha
23:40 Kafilini joined #koha
23:42 Dyrcona joined #koha
23:56 mtompset LeeJ, sorry I was out for Valentine's Day.
23:57 mtompset No, it returns an array of all the items with the same group id.
23:57 mtompset As far as I recall.

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary