IRC log for #koha, 2017-07-12

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:05 kathryn_ joined #koha
00:06 Francesca joined #koha
00:56 jbeno1 joined #koha
01:11 JoshB joined #koha
01:38 caboose-afk joined #koha
01:53 jbeno joined #koha
02:01 kathryn_ joined #koha
02:16 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
02:45 wizzyrea joined #koha
03:04 Francesca joined #koha
03:45 kholt joined #koha
03:46 papa joined #koha
03:53 papa joined #koha
03:54 JoshB joined #koha
04:13 JoshB joined #koha
04:44 irma joined #koha
04:57 Francesca joined #koha
05:04 BobB joined #koha
05:23 dilan joined #koha
05:24 deb-CSPL joined #koha
05:24 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
05:29 JoshB joined #koha
05:42 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
05:42 deb-CSPL joined #koha
05:45 kidclamp joined #koha
05:50 irma joined #koha
05:58 kidclamp joined #koha
06:01 laurence joined #koha
06:11 chris_n joined #koha
06:18 LibraryClaire joined #koha
06:23 BobB_ joined #koha
06:24 reiveune joined #koha
06:24 reiveune hello
06:48 cait joined #koha
06:51 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:15 fridolin joined #koha
07:15 fridolin hie there
07:15 * fridolin feeding 17.05.x
07:16 fridolin my little baby is growing ;)
07:29 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:29 gaetan_B hello
07:29 greenjimll joined #koha
07:57 baptiste joined #koha
08:53 Francesca joined #koha
09:26 Francesca joined #koha
09:38 Francesca joined #koha
09:38 BobB joined #koha
09:48 paul_p joined #koha
09:49 koha joined #koha
09:50 koha hai
09:50 koha i need koha windows version
09:57 fridolin is it a joke =-O
09:57 fridolin wahanui: im i online ?
09:57 wahanui fridolin: bugger all, i dunno
10:04 khall joined #koha
10:59 laurence joined #koha
11:15 kholt joined #koha
11:18 marcelr joined #koha
11:18 marcelr hi #koha
11:20 LibraryClaire joined #koha
11:22 oleonard joined #koha
11:30 meliss joined #koha
11:31 kidclamp hi marcelr
11:31 marcelr o/
11:35 laurence left #koha
12:07 JoshB joined #koha
12:13 JoshB left #koha
12:17 jzairo joined #koha
12:18 ashimema joined #koha
12:20 NateC joined #koha
12:24 caboose joined #koha
12:27 nengard joined #koha
12:34 Francesca joined #koha
12:36 edveal joined #koha
12:39 caboose joined #koha
12:41 byMatess joined #koha
12:41 byMatess left #koha
12:42 liv_ong joined #koha
12:42 talljoy joined #koha
12:46 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:53 kmlussier joined #koha
12:54 edveal joined #koha
13:05 JoshB joined #koha
13:12 kellym joined #koha
13:17 edveal joined #koha
13:24 tcohen joined #koha
13:28 tcohen morning
13:28 kidclamp morning tcohen
13:29 tcohen hi kidclamp
13:29 tcohen Joubu: I did some research and couldn't find a way to roll REST api tests data back
13:30 tcohen (using the provided tools in Test::Mojo)
13:30 Joubu tcohen: the least would be to create a END block to cleanup
13:31 tcohen yes
13:31 tcohen there are examples subclassing some Mojo libs and implementing a custom rollback method
13:31 tcohen which is basically the same
13:31 tcohen I wonder what people using Mojo are doing
13:35 BobB_ joined #koha
13:35 liw joined #koha
13:50 kholt joined #koha
13:56 rangi_ joined #koha
13:57 rangi_ The following packages have unmet dependencies:  koha-common : Depends: libconvert-basen-perl but it is not installable                Depends: libmodule-bundled-files-perl but it is not installable                Depends: libmojolicious-perl (>= 6.0) but it is not going to be installed                Depends: libswagger2-perl (>= 0.59) but it is not going to be installed E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
13:57 rangi_ any one know,  how to remove this error @ koha installation time .
13:58 rangi_ hey
13:59 liw joined #koha
13:59 jac joined #koha
14:01 rangi_ Any one know about HOW TO REMOVE BELOW MENTIONED ERROR
14:01 rangi_ The following packages have unmet dependencies:  koha-common : Depends: libconvert-basen-perl but it is not installable                Depends: libmodule-bundled-files-perl but it is not installable                Depends: libmojolicious-perl (>= 6.0) but it is not going to be installed                Depends: libswagger2-perl (>= 0.59) but it is not going to be installed E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
14:02 Joubu yes yes, we received it
14:02 Joubu on which system are you working on?
14:03 rangi_ Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
14:04 liw I tend to run "apt install foo" and see what errors it gives me
14:05 rangi_ @Joubu There is any issue with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS ?
14:05 huginn rangi_: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
14:06 Joubu I do not think so
14:08 Joubu try `sudo apt update;sudo apt-cache policy koha-common`
14:12 rangi_ koha-common:   Installed: (none)   Candidate: 16.05.14   Version table:      16.05.14 0         500 16.05/main amd64 Packages
14:12 rangi_ i got this, as a result
14:14 eythian do you have any help packages?
14:14 eythian dpkg --get-selections | grep hold
14:14 eythian will tell you
14:14 eythian *held packages
14:15 rangi_ I got blank as a result now
14:15 eythian OK.
14:15 eythian try, as liw suggested, 'sudo apt install koha-common'
14:15 eythian it might give more info
14:16 marcelr joined #koha
14:16 liw apt is very clever about error messages, but sometimes assumes its user is as clever as the PhDs who wrote apt, which means us mortals are sometimes mystified
14:16 rangi_ it give me same above mentioned error
14:17 eythian hmm, perhaps try with aptitude instead, sometimes it can be smarter.
14:17 eythian it can also find broken packages and give you options to fix them
14:18 rangi_ Aptitude is also not working for me
14:18 eythian why?
14:18 rangi_ I dont know
14:18 rangi_ After running aptitude , it show none error .
14:19 eythian worked?
14:19 eythian like, what did it do?
14:19 rangi_ but it does not install koha
14:19 rangi_ on my system\
14:19 eythian what did it do?
14:21 rangi_ I dont know
14:21 eythian did it turn your computer off?
14:21 rangi_ no
14:21 eythian which would be weird, but otherwise you should be able to see something
14:23 rangi_ Now it shows me this error
14:23 rangi_ The following packages have unmet dependencies:  libmojolicious-perl : Depends: libjs-prettify which is a virtual package.  koha-common : Depends: libconvert-basen-perl which is a virtual package.                Depends: libmodule-bundled-files-perl which is a virtual package. The following actions will resolve these dependencies:       Keep the following packages at their current version: 1)     koha-common [Not Installed]                         2)     libjs
14:24 eythian put the whole thing into the pastebin
14:28 eythian I suspect the options that it's giving you that I can't see are what you want
14:28 tcohen isn't 14.04 based on wheeze? it might be incompatible
14:29 eythian that's possible
14:29 eythian it's not in the supported OS list:
14:30 tcohen it is possible that Mojolicious version we ship isn't compatible
14:31 eythian it was removed from the list on the 6th of Dec. So it's probably that.
14:32 eythian https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]tall_the_Database <-- also, someone needs to tidy this section. It's not very nice and is unclear.
14:34 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
14:40 meliss joined #koha
14:48 fpyrih joined #koha
14:54 fridolin left #koha
14:57 TGoat joined #koha
15:00 LibraryClaire left #koha
15:15 kellym joined #koha
15:22 rocio joined #koha
15:34 Assumpta joined #koha
15:38 jbeno joined #koha
15:55 edveal joined #koha
16:07 nickname joined #koha
16:20 meliss joined #koha
16:44 kellym joined #koha
16:51 kellym_ joined #koha
17:01 kholt joined #koha
17:31 edveal joined #koha
19:36 jbeno_away joined #koha
20:01 reiveune bye
20:01 reiveune left #koha
20:17 kathryn joined #koha
20:43 pianohacker joined #koha
20:43 pianohacker shalom
20:45 TGoat WTH! pianohacker :)
20:46 pianohacker well hi TGoat :)
20:46 edveal hey you two!
20:46 pianohacker hi edveal!
20:46 TGoat howdy sir! edveal no way! :)
20:47 edveal old home week. LOL
20:47 TGoat Right on :D
20:47 JoshB left #koha
20:47 edveal And JoshB runs away!
20:47 TGoat heh
20:49 kholt joined #koha
20:50 pianohacker I hope people show up... I have exciting things to discuss
20:52 TGoat show up pianohacker ?
20:52 pianohacker to the dev meeting in 8 minutes :)
20:53 TGoat ahhh
20:53 TGoat I'll put that in the BWS channel
20:54 edveal I will lurk since I am not doing much any more. But would love to get plugged in somewhare. I need to go back to bug testing.
20:56 Joubu pianohacker: Hi! :) Good to see you here
20:57 Joubu pianohacker: could you add your topic to the agenda please?
20:57 Joubu pianohacker: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ting_12_July_2017
20:57 Joubu you did!
20:57 pianohacker hi Joubu! already did under general development discussion
20:57 pianohacker jinx
21:00 Joubu #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 12 July 2017
21:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Jul 12 21:00:08 2017 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
21:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 July 2017)
21:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_12_july_2017'
21:00 Joubu #topic Introductions
21:00 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
21:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 July 2017)
21:00 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
21:00 pianohacker #info Jesse Weaver
21:02 Joubu exciting
21:02 pianohacker no kidding
21:02 Joubu rangi, bag, barton: around?
21:02 TGoat I'll try to get them
21:03 thd joined #koha
21:03 barton Joubu: Just barely -- I need to prep for a talk at my Linux User Group meeting tonight.
21:03 TGoat I let them knoiw they're being requested to the #Koha channel
21:03 caboose-afk left #koha
21:03 caboose-afk joined #koha
21:03 Joubu #topic Announcements
21:03 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 July 2017)
21:03 barton but I'll hang out while prepping :-)
21:03 Joubu #info I am going to share the result of the poll beginning of next week.
21:04 Joubu #info Next "what's on in koha-devel" email should be ready soon
21:04 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
21:04 Joubu I will certainly complain a lot, no need to complain here...
21:04 caboose-afk #info Michael Cabus, Princeton, NJ
21:04 Joubu Not a lot of attendees and I guess nobody read the IRC log (if you do, send me an email :))
21:04 Joubu anyone else?
21:05 Joubu #topic Update from the Release Manager (17.11)
21:05 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Manager (17.11) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 July 2017)
21:05 Joubu #info Few refactoring patches have been pushed this week. It highlighted a problem with item type, I sent an email to koha-devel to get feedback
21:05 Joubu #info I also sent an email today about the MySQL AI behaviours that caused us lot of trouble. Review and test the procedures on the wiki page please. There is also a patch on the bug report for the alert message on the about page (bug 18931)
21:05 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18931 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Add a "data corrupted" section on the about page
21:06 Joubu skipping updates from Rmains and QAers...
21:06 Joubu #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
21:06 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 July 2017)
21:06 Joubu pianohacker: your turn to monologue
21:07 pianohacker all right
21:07 pianohacker I've been starting work on reviving bug 15522
21:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15522 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, ASSIGNED , New interface for revamped circulation rules
21:08 caboose-afk nice I've been wanting that
21:08 pianohacker As part of that, I would very much like to use React, but there have issues with pulling React into our frontend; I have an idea that might help with some of them
21:08 pianohacker #link[…]8cae202379f11940a
21:08 barton #info Barton Chittenden, BWS
21:08 pianohacker the above is a very very minimal proof of concept
21:09 caboose-afk nice
21:09 pianohacker but the basic idea is a) to use prebundled versions of React, so we don't need to add a JS package manager
21:09 pianohacker and b) to show React code without ES6 or JSX
21:09 pianohacker the commit above directly brings in prebundled packages from, but these could easily be added to the Koha source tree instead
21:10 Joubu #info pianohacker is working on reviving bug 15522 (revamp circ rules)
21:10 pianohacker I would very much like feedback on the above; I think it's a low-friction, minimal-change way to bring in a nicer UI framework
21:10 caboose-afk I'd be on board for feedback
21:11 thd Will there be a graceful fallback for noscript?
21:11 pianohacker excellent :)
21:11 Joubu pianohacker: personnaly I am more wondering "what" instead of "how". The mockup image you put on the wiki is no longer available
21:11 Joubu and IIRC there were concerns about the UI
21:12 pianohacker thd: this interface would strongly depend on JS, but the old interface could perhaps be preserved?
21:12 Joubu before starting the tt part it would be great to show people (to get feedback and ideas) what you are doing
21:12 caboose-afk I've been rethinking that interface..if that UI doc is gone I can get together what I was thinking
21:12 Joubu that will be a good way to interest them and so find testers easily (maybe...)
21:13 pianohacker Joubu: oh, absolutely; that needs some work, though, and I want to figure out this piece as well
21:13 Joubu the staff interface does not work without JS, it's completely out of the discussion here
21:13 pianohacker I'll be posting an updated wireframe soon for feedback
21:13 caboose-afk nice
21:14 pianohacker long story short; the UI needs to be discussed, but for now I would like to know if this is a viable way to bring in React. Not much of a quorum here; do we send this to the mailing list?
21:14 Joubu pianohacker: I think we (core team) more or less agreed on React at the last KohaCon in Marseille, so I do not think it will be an issue
21:15 Joubu prove us and show us how nice it is, and I am sure we will follow you ;)
21:15 pianohacker okay, cool :) will do
21:15 wizzyrea pianohacker!
21:15 wahanui regexes are AWESOME
21:15 Joubu keep in mind 1. release early and 2. small steps :)
21:15 pianohacker I was also curious about bug 15395, but that can wait until later
21:15 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15395 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , Allow correct handling of plural translation
21:15 pianohacker hi wizzyrea :)
21:16 wizzyrea sorry I see you and I get excited :)
21:16 Joubu I would send an email to the general list with the mockup and more generally with what you have in mind (ergonomic)
21:16 Joubu and 1 the koha-devel with the commits and testable code
21:16 Joubu to*
21:17 Joubu pianohacker: what is the questions about 15395?
21:18 pianohacker I'll probably just put together a super-bare-bones React version, so both the general UI and the underlying code can be examined
21:18 pianohacker Joubu: whether it's likely to move forward, and anything that can be done to help it along
21:19 Joubu you can let a note and/or ask the QA team to take a look
21:19 pianohacker kk will do
21:20 pianohacker that's all from me
21:20 Joubu thanks
21:20 Joubu anybody else?
21:20 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
21:20 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 July 2017)
21:21 Joubu #info Next meeting: July 26, 14 UTC
21:21 Joubu #endmeeting
21:21 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is | kanban is[…]rm-1711/wiki/home
21:21 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jul 12 21:21:13 2017 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
21:21 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-07-12-21.00.html
21:21 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]7-07-12-21.00.txt
21:21 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]12-21.00.log.html
21:21 pianohacker thanks for chairing, Joubu
21:35 pianohacker ttfn
22:05 thd joined #koha
22:26 mtompset joined #koha
22:26 mtompset Shoot. I missed the meeting, didn't I?
22:27 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
22:28 wizzyrea hi mtompset
22:29 mtompset Greetings, wizzyrea
22:30 mtompset Silly me wanted to bring up patches related to remote DBs.
22:30 mtompset DOH!
22:30 mtompset Missed my chance. :(
22:35 mtompset Interesting perspective in this article:[…]everything-wrong/
22:56 supermini joined #koha
22:57 supermini cool url  http://fej2mxjpdn4aqm5l.onion/closable-retrain
22:57 supermini left #koha
23:02 wizzyrea I saw that "doing everything wrong" article the other day
23:02 wizzyrea my instinct was "if you are serving your population, you are doing it very right"
23:13 jbeno_away joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary