IRC log for #koha, 2017-06-14

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:16 Francesca joined #koha
00:21 Francesca joined #koha
00:21 rocio joined #koha
00:31 * Francesca waves hi!
00:35 aleisha hi Francesca
00:35 Francesca how are you aleisha?
00:35 aleisha good! you?
00:35 Francesca busy busy busy
00:36 aleisha true
00:36 Francesca got any major assignments? or exams?
00:36 aleisha your theming guides on the wiki are very helpful btw!
00:36 aleisha yup 4 exams coming up
00:36 aleisha you?
00:36 Francesca oh great! I'm glad they work
00:36 Francesca I really miss doing that stuff
00:36 Francesca (the themeing stuff that is)
00:37 Francesca re uni: 3 essays all due within 2 days of each other next week
00:37 aleisha yikes
00:37 aleisha any exams?
00:37 Francesca nope
00:37 Francesca thank god
00:37 wahanui thank god is, like, not a liver failure i have
00:37 Francesca omg
00:37 aleisha thats a positive then!
00:38 Francesca yup for sure
00:38 Francesca 3 essays is enough
00:38 aleisha id rather be in your position than mine! i much prefer writing essays than doing exams
00:39 Francesca essays are better if only because I get more time to perfect them
00:39 Francesca Exams are just like how much can you write/remember in the time alloted
00:45 Francesca ok I should go and do more study/practice
00:46 Francesca nice talking to you aleisha! say hi to the #koha gang for me :)
00:46 aleisha you too :) will do
00:51 mtompset Doh! I missed Francesca.
00:51 * mtompset attempts a ping.
00:51 mtompset @seen aleisha
00:51 huginn mtompset: aleisha was last seen in #koha 5 minutes and 25 seconds ago: <aleisha> you too :) will do
00:52 mtompset You there, aleisha?
00:52 aleisha yup, hi mtompset
00:52 mtompset Greetings.
00:53 wahanui i guess Greetings. is it a terrible idea to set up Koha for fun and catalogue one's personal bookshelf contents in it?
00:53 mtompset No, no it is not. :)
00:53 mtompset Question for you.
00:53 mtompset https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=14385
00:53 huginn Bug 14385: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, chris, Failed QA , Extend OpacHiddenItems to allow specifying exempt borrower categories
00:53 mtompset Are you going to resurrect it?
00:54 aleisha i am currently going through my list of patches to resurrect and that was on it, but you can absolutely feel free to take it!
00:55 Francesca joined #koha
00:56 mtompset Where is it on your TO DO list?
00:56 mtompset Because I'd rather you resurrect and me sign off. :)
00:58 aleisha i probably wont get to it till next week, friday at the very earliest, just because of my schedule at the moment
00:59 mtompset I understand real life getting in the way.
00:59 Francesca joined #koha
00:59 mtompset Okay, if you haven't resurrected it by July 1, I will: Happy Canada Day. :)
01:00 aleisha sounds good to me :)
01:02 Francesca I'm baaack because the room I need is currently in use
01:55 rocio_ joined #koha
02:23 Putti joined #koha
02:44 dilan joined #koha
02:45 Francesca joined #koha
03:06 dilan joined #koha
03:09 Francesca joined #koha
03:12 dilan1 joined #koha
03:13 BobB joined #koha
03:21 Kafilini joined #koha
03:25 irma joined #koha
03:28 Francesca joined #koha
04:52 marielaure joined #koha
04:58 mtompset Have a great day (24 hour period, #koha.
05:00 marielaure Good day, I need help with installing Koha on Ubuntu 16.04. I followed the instructions posted in the koha-community Wiki. Right now, the installer is stuck on Choose your Language step. Here's the first line in the intranet error log: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'koha_library.systempreferences' doesn't exist [for Statement ": /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/ Thank you in advance.
05:02 cait joined #koha
05:10 Francesca joined #koha
05:14 khall joined #koha
05:20 laurence joined #koha
05:38 JoshB joined #koha
05:39 JoshB joined #koha
05:40 JoshB joined #koha
05:41 JoshB joined #koha
05:42 JoshB joined #koha
05:42 JoshB joined #koha
05:43 JoshB joined #koha
05:44 JoshB joined #koha
06:08 marielaure Good day, I need help with installing Koha on Ubuntu 16.04. I followed the instructions posted in the koha-community Wiki. Right now, the installer is stuck on Choose your Language step. Here's the first line in the intranet error log: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'koha_library.systempreferences' doesn't exist [for Statement ": /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/ Thank you in advance.
06:08 oha o/
06:13 paul_p joined #koha
06:14 alex_a joined #koha
06:14 alex_a bonjour
06:14 wahanui hey, alex_a
06:26 cait marielaure: which version are you trying to install?
06:27 cait there is a bug in 17.05 that you might have run into - it will be fixed by the 17.05.01 release :[…]8107f800a44cc217c
06:30 marielaure Yes, I believe it's 17.05.
06:32 Francesca joined #koha
06:37 reiveune joined #koha
06:37 reiveune hello
06:37 wahanui bonjour, reiveune
06:39 LibraryClaire joined #koha
06:40 gaetan_B joined #koha
06:40 laurence joined #koha
06:42 rkrimme1 joined #koha
06:52 Francesca joined #koha
06:56 LibraryClaire morning #koha
07:00 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:02 marielaure Good day, I need help with installing Koha on Ubuntu 16.04. I followed the instructions posted in the koha-community Wiki. Right now, the installer is stuck on Choose your Language step. Here's the first line in the intranet error log: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'koha_library.systempreferences' doesn't exist [for Statement ": /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/ Thank you in advance.
07:10 Putti joined #koha
07:21 paul_p joined #koha
07:33 cait joined #koha
07:35 irma joined #koha
07:36 fridolin joined #koha
07:48 baptiste joined #koha
07:55 Francesca joined #koha
08:09 alex_a joined #koha
08:15 Tylathos joined #koha
08:15 Tylathos HEy #koha
08:20 atheia joined #koha
08:27 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
08:39 juan_s joined #koha
08:41 magnuse @seen Oak
08:41 huginn magnuse: Oak was last seen in #koha 2 weeks, 4 days, 16 hours, 8 minutes, and 46 seconds ago: <Oak> Thanks
09:02 alex_a joined #koha
09:39 Francesca joined #koha
09:52 Francesca joined #koha
10:09 Francesca joined #koha
10:15 alex_a joined #koha
11:05 marcelr joined #koha
11:05 marcelr hi #koha
11:07 magnuse_ joined #koha
11:07 eythian hoi marcelr
11:08 marcelr o/
11:33 oleonard joined #koha
11:34 * oleonard waves
11:43 * LibraryClaire waves back
11:49 laurence left #koha
11:49 rsantellan joined #koha
11:51 kholt joined #koha
11:51 caboose joined #koha
11:52 Joubu hi #koha
11:53 rsantellan good morning #koha
11:54 caboose-biab joined #koha
11:57 Joubu nobody was willing to help marielaure whereas she had trouble to install Koha?
11:58 Joubu ha sorry, cait did
12:02 alex_a joined #koha
12:04 barton joined #koha
12:08 kmlussier joined #koha
12:09 caboose-biab joined #koha
12:13 edveal1 joined #koha
12:16 ashimema cait did yeah
12:16 ashimema when she stepped in I stopped typeing ;)
12:19 cait hm?
12:19 * cait just heard cait
12:20 cait which list was that?
12:21 ashimema was on here cait
12:21 ashimema this morning
12:21 cait oh
12:21 ashimema marielaure asked the same question three times.. you answered between the second and third ask
12:21 cait ah
12:22 cait I ahd to run out, she caught me while getting ready for work
12:22 cait hope she won't give up
12:26 misilot joined #koha
12:39 nengard joined #koha
12:53 NateC joined #koha
12:55 cait @wunder Konstanz
12:55 huginn cait: Error: No such location could be found.
12:55 cait hm i really miss that
12:55 Joubu fridolin: on bug 18728, you are agreeing with me, right?
12:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18728 trivial, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, In Discussion , use html filter in suggestions datatable sort
12:58 caboose-biab joined #koha
12:59 fridolin Joubu: yep mister
13:00 fridolin it works but we dont know why ;)
13:00 fridolin is it possible datatable changed its behavior to auto set html  ?
13:00 JoshB joined #koha
13:01 jzairo joined #koha
13:03 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:04 LeeJ joined #koha
13:04 LeeJ morning all
13:05 jzairo hi LeeJ
13:05 LeeJ hiii jzairo!
13:07 LeeJ jzairo: I gave of copy of that scenario to David to get his opinion on..once he gives me his feed back I'm going to reply to the email :)
13:08 jzairo awesome LeeJ
13:08 jzairo Al is wicked smart at seeing the vision
13:10 LeeJ I thought so too! I was blown away when I first read it because a concept/approach like that never dawned on me
13:11 LeeJ I'm interested to hear David's feedback because of his decades of experience involved in it..including being one of the founders of our state consortium
13:12 oleonard joined #koha
13:12 jzairo for sure LeeJ
13:15 LeeJ jzairo: I have more side projects in the pipeline that I'll be showing off in the next few months hopefully :)
13:15 jzairo nice LeeJ, can’t wait to see
13:15 jzairo let me know if I can help with anything too
13:16 jzairo I will let you know if our poster session gets accepted
13:20 LeeJ alrighty :)
13:20 LeeJ I can't believe we've been using Koha for a year already!
13:25 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
13:32 jzairo I know LeeJ I remember that training like it was yesterday :)
13:32 LeeJ it's incredible how much happier everyone is since we switched...employees and patrons :)
13:33 LeeJ we get complemented all the time on how easy the OPAC is to use :)
13:40 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
13:41 Freddy_Enrique Hi everyone
13:41 Freddy_Enrique I saw that there's gonna be a meeting
13:41 Freddy_Enrique in this chat?
13:43 LeeJ forgot about the Freddy_Enrique it's actually another way..hold on a sec
13:44 LeeJ I'll paste Christopher's email for you
13:45 pastebot "LeeJ" at pasted "Invitation to Koha-US mtg, June 14, 2017" (9 lines) at
13:45 LeeJ Freddy_Enrique see the paste I just sent :)
13:48 cait it's here, but not yet :)
13:52 marcelr kidclamp: not sure if we should remove Default from the template
13:52 kidclamp marcelr, it looked at quick glance like we pull default from the types - and default there is ""
13:53 marcelr bug 17380
13:53 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17380 normal, P5 - low, ---,, ASSIGNED , Cannot edit authorities with authtypecode = default
13:55 gaetan_B joined #koha
13:56 kidclamp hmm..we still get duplicate 'Default' in the dropdown
13:56 LeeJ cait, you said you are running on debian with sync_repo..could I ask a favor? What does your line look like for the '/etc/hosts.allow' entry for kohadevbox? Is it "ALL:"?
13:57 kidclamp I don't think default needs to be hardcoded, the only case i nwhich it wouldn't show is if someone deleted it
13:57 kidclamp and that's their own problem :-)
14:00 marcelr kidclamp: iirc on bug 17380 there were occurrences of referencing Default by Default instead of empty string; i would prefer to go further with that report (completer)
14:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17380 normal, P5 - low, ---,, ASSIGNED , Cannot edit authorities with authtypecode = default
14:03 kidclamp marcelr, yes, yours answers in case any have been set to default - i would still argue for removal, add my patchto yours or make it dependent
14:04 jac joined #koha
14:05 marcelr kidclamp: i will resume that one soon and link them somehow :)
14:06 kidclamp sounds good :-)
14:07 kidclamp marcelr, worht mentioning - you can't edit the 942 of an authority when creating, but it appears you can when editing, though you can't save it - confusing as end user
14:08 marcelr ok
14:19 deb-CSPL joined #koha
14:32 jbeno joined #koha
14:36 kellym joined #koha
14:39 LibraryClaire left #koha
14:43 caboose-afk joined #koha
14:49 fridolin left #koha
14:50 marcelr Bareword "dt_from_string" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at C4/Search/ line 47.
14:57 marcelr oh forget that error
14:58 cait @later tell fridolin sorry, forgot to cc you - asked bgkriegel to update the po files last night, he usually sends an email once it's ready
14:58 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
14:58 cait @seen fridolin
14:58 huginn cait: fridolin was last seen in #koha 1 hour, 58 minutes, and 5 seconds ago: <fridolin> is it possible datatable changed its behavior to auto set html  ?
14:59 marcelr bug 17600 will provide us some work obviously
14:59 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17600 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Patch doesn't apply , Standardize the EXPORT
14:59 marcelr have to go
15:08 TGoat joined #koha
15:09 caboose-afk joined #koha
15:10 caboose-afk joined #koha
15:22 kidclamp has anyone noticed errors while using the 'TrackLastPatronActivity' system preference?
15:23 cait not using it yet - haven't seen bug reports
15:30 kidclamp we are seeing "Already in a transaction" errors in big sites using it - it apparently updates the staff user lastseen on every page load - I am thinking during high circ the staff user is getting hit too many times, slowing the db, and erroring out
15:30 kidclamp I don't have proof yet, but is my working theory
15:31 wizzyrea joined #koha
15:37 Joubu kidclamp: do you have the whole error line?
15:46 cait left #koha
15:47 blou joined #koha
15:47 reiveune bye
15:47 reiveune left #koha
15:48 pastebot "kidclamp" at pasted "DBD::mysql::db begin_work fail" (61 lines) at
15:48 kidclamp joubu^
16:07 rocio joined #koha
16:20 talljoy joined #koha
16:20 tallerjoy joined #koha
16:20 jmsasse joined #koha
16:26 LeeJ joined #koha
16:40 khall joined #koha
16:40 deb-CSPL joined #koha
16:52 caboose-lunch joined #koha
17:33 jmsasse kidclamp: Sorry I missed you at the meeting this morning. Had audio trouble.
17:43 jac joined #koha
17:57 juan_r joined #koha
18:27 kholt joined #koha
18:35 canucksailor_ joined #koha
18:36 canucksailor_ NICK canucksailor
18:38 barton @later tell oleonard
18:38 huginn barton: The operation succeeded.
18:47 cait joined #koha
18:53 kholt joined #koha
18:59 jeff joined #koha
19:21 Joubu my $biblionumber = $jsonresponse->{ aaData }[0]->{ import_record_id };
19:21 Joubu
19:37 juan_s joined #koha
19:39 juan_r joined #koha
19:46 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
19:47 cait1 joined #koha
19:58 Bovinity joined #koha
20:38 juan_s joined #koha
20:39 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 18763: Fix swagger/definitions.t <[…]b1fbdd31f2006fe1d> / Bug 18685: (bug 18551 follow-up) Fix patron toolbar <[…]c1d83ac05ba982b92> / Bug 18762: Remove some warnings from Search.t <[…]tdiff;h=6d78d7a61
20:40 cait1 16.11.x is "blue" again!
20:42 Joubu yes, all stable releases are "green" :)
20:43 cait1 :)
20:43 Joubu Even more awesome, `prove -r` is going to pass in the next few days, without warnings
20:44 cait1 very cool :)
20:49 kathryn joined #koha
20:51 cait1 Joubu: do we have an epic yet about accounts rewrite?
20:52 Joubu nobody asked me for it
20:52 cait1 just noticing kyle is working on features again
20:53 cait1 well features/fixes
20:53 aleishaa joined #koha
20:53 cait1 khall_away: epic for accounts rewrite? :)
20:54 Joubu rangi: could you update the dashboard for 17.11 please? Where is the code to generate the assets/kudos.json?
20:55 rangi its not part of the dashboard itself, its it own thing, ill update
20:56 rangi
20:56 rangi you can update the orgmap here
21:00 kidclamp did somebody say meeting time?
21:00 Joubu rangi: apparently the repo is not up-to-date
21:01 Joubu kidclamp: meeting time!
21:01 wahanui meeting time is always going to favour one section of the globe
21:01 kidclamp #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 14 June 2017
21:01 huginn Meeting started Wed Jun 14 21:01:36 2017 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
21:01 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 June 2017)
21:01 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_14_june_2017'
21:01 kidclamp #Topic Introductions
21:01 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
21:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 June 2017)
21:01 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
21:01 rangi Joubu: updated, ill update the repo now too
21:02 rangi #info Chris Cormack, Catalyst IT
21:02 bag #info Brendan Gallagher, ByWater Solutions
21:02 thd joined #koha
21:03 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
21:03 cait1 #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
21:04 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
21:05 kidclamp #topic Announcements
21:05 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 June 2017)
21:05 kidclamp Anyone have something?
21:06 barton #info Barton Chittenden, BWS
21:06 kidclamp should be quick meeting then :-)
21:07 kidclamp #topic Update from the Release Manager (17.11)
21:07 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Manager (17.11) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 June 2017)
21:07 kidclamp psst..Joubu, that;s you man!
21:07 Joubu I just want to say that I am very happy with the answers of the poll, but I have already told it at the last meeting I think
21:07 kidclamp you can say it twice :-)
21:07 Joubu I am a bit less happy with the participation from "regulars" and especially by the QA team
21:08 Joubu not sure it is the way to tell it
21:08 Joubu but I sent an email on the list, then ping on the kanban (on the  "QAer card")
21:08 caboose #info caboose Princeton NJ
21:08 Joubu and did not get any replies
21:08 cait1 I think we get you - you need more QA work to keep things flowing
21:08 kidclamp there has been a lull since the release
21:08 Joubu QA queue is growing, I am QAing all what I can, skipping QA for small patches, etc.
21:09 rangi in my opinion there's been a lull since we havent had cait doing QA Manager (and doing tons and tons of QA too)
21:09 caboose I'm getting on the QA train, with help from kidclamp, so I will be in the game
21:09 Joubu but I do not think it is good (to bypass steps) and the lack of people just make the queue growing and growing
21:09 rangi caboose++
21:09 Joubu So I may take decisions in the next weeks if nothing changes
21:10 Joubu like not pushing anything else than what I asked for
21:10 Joubu (what I really do not want to do)
21:10 thd Some people may also have some uncertainty about how Taiga is meant to work.
21:10 kidclamp Kyle and I talked about each spending one day a week on QA etc
21:10 juan_r joined #koha
21:10 Joubu And the happy side, we did a big jump on the tests: Jenkins is happy (for all stables and master)
21:11 bag also we have sprint weeks planned for QA time.  you’ll get 2 weeks one from nick and one from kyle
21:11 Joubu and, said just before the meeting, `prove -r` is going to pass, without warnings
21:11 Joubu what I never ever seen since I work on the project
21:11 bag every 5th week is a full week of QA time from us
21:11 kidclamp #info there is a QA lull and RM will take steps if necessary to keep things moving, please help out
21:11 Joubu not sure it has even passed once
21:11 cait1 bywater++
21:12 kidclamp #info prove -r will pass without warnings on master (this is a big deal!)
21:12 cait1 Joubu++
21:12 Joubu back on the first point: it is unacceptable to have checkin broken for an ILS (really men!!?)
21:12 rangi yep
21:12 Joubu bug found, fixed 2hours after, then release is done, and 3w later the patch is still waiting for a signoff
21:12 Joubu what can I do??
21:13 cait1 is this the one about the issue_id problem?
21:13 Joubu the priorities are very easy to find: dashboard -> overall bug tracker status
21:13 cait1 can you paste the bug number?
21:13 Joubu (at the moment 6 criticals, 22 majors)
21:13 Joubu nothing else should be done
21:14 kidclamp bug 18242
21:14 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18242 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Move of checkouts to old_issues is not handled correctly
21:14 Joubu bug 18651
21:14 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18651 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Move of checkouts is still not correctly handled
21:14 kidclamp thanks
21:14 Joubu bag: I do not think 1w of QA every 5w is best
21:15 Joubu better than nothing, heh :)
21:15 kidclamp #info bug 18651 is critical and affect stable, needs immediate attention
21:15 Joubu but I would prefer something more smooth
21:15 bag Joubu: you pay the bills ;)
21:15 bag :P
21:15 Joubu I am not asking more
21:15 cait1 I think the thought was asking more regular
21:15 Joubu just regular
21:16 cait1 one day a week?
21:16 bag yeah like nick said 1 day a week
21:16 cait1 ah
21:16 bag and we are also doing sprints too
21:16 wahanui okay, bag.
21:16 indradg joined #koha
21:16 Joubu and... the wiki please...
21:17 LeeJ joined #koha
21:17 Joubu I am waiting for it to trigger actions for new contributors
21:17 Joubu but not sure keeping asking is the good solution :)
21:17 kidclamp I think people are getting used to the kanban and figuring out what to do
21:17 LeeJ did my message come through? I hit enter but it didn't show up in the chat log so I re-logged
21:18 kidclamp many people still want to be told: edit this page please
21:18 cait1 LeeJ: hm not seeing it
21:19 Joubu about the poll: I also got very upset answers, which will lead to new discussion for sure
21:19 LeeJ thanks cait1 :) it was probably because I was inactive for a while LOL
21:19 Joubu things like: we are not focussed on librarian problems, but only techs ones
21:20 Joubu but no need to discuss that now :)
21:21 Joubu move on?
21:21 kidclamp #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
21:21 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 June 2017)
21:22 * thd is testing syntax for minor wiki issues with category redirection to avoid breaking any old links.
21:22 cait1 releases are on track
21:22 kidclamp fridolin prob not here, cait1?
21:23 cait1 I talked to fridolin and we are both in string freeze now
21:23 cait1 waiting for bgkriegel to update the po files
21:23 cait1 there have been a lot of translation fixes pushed, so I expect some strings to work on
21:24 cait1 I plan to release on 22nd as usual
21:24 kidclamp #info releases are on track, string freeze for 17.05 / 16.11
21:24 kidclamp #info bgkriegel working on translations
21:24 kidclamp #info release on the 22nd
21:25 kidclamp All set cait?
21:26 kidclamp #topic Updates from the QA team
21:26 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 June 2017)
21:27 cait1 yep sorry
21:27 kidclamp I said my news earlier, kyle and I looking to do one day a week and a sprint every 5 weeks
21:27 kidclamp As Joubu said there are many patches eneding attention
21:27 bag We’re just getting into our summer routine and organizing some processes.  But you should see a better output from ByWater very soon on QA
21:28 bag that includes my day a week too ;)
21:28 kidclamp I would appreciate attention on 15438 - this is a critical that has been sitting a long time - kyle added a new solution this week
21:28 kidclamp bug 15438
21:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15438 critical, P3, ---, colin.campbell, Needs Signoff , Checking out an on-hold item sends holder's borrowernumber in AF (screen message) field.
21:28 kidclamp #info ByWater is doing some reorg and will have more consistent QA output soon :-)
21:29 kidclamp #info Please look at critical and major, especially those affecting stable releases
21:30 kidclamp I am goign to be looking at some ES stuff next week and trying to get an explanation for bug 18434 - i thinkit is module version
21:30 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18434 major, P5 - low, ---, nick, Failed QA , Elasticsearch indexing broken with newer catmandu version
21:30 Joubu #info QA must come from several companies
21:30 cait1 you can click on the section on the dashboard to unfold it
21:30 * Joubu subliminal message
21:30 cait1 maybe we shoudl add some visual clue there
21:31 bruce joined #koha
21:31 rangi random question, how many support vendors have their own dashboard/intranet?
21:31 bruce IDENTIFY
21:31 Joubu rangi: demo you mean?
21:32 cait1 no dashboard for us
21:32 rangi naw, like a company dashboard or intranet where they track what they are working on?
21:32 rangi I know we do, I can see how many wr are assigned to me etc
21:32 cait1 tts redmine
21:32 bag we use RT
21:32 rangi because if they do, we can easily make the critical/blocker bugs
21:32 rangi available as a json feed
21:33 bag that’s a good thought
21:33 rangi so that people can display it on their dashbaords
21:33 Joubu that was the point of the kanban, but yes we could create a feed easily
21:33 cait1 i was just thinking about a little error pic or an indicator that it's a link :) but that's a cool idea
21:33 Kafilini joined #koha
21:33 bag yeah if we can make that available - I’d love to ingest that
21:34 rangi like that
21:34 wahanui i guess like that is hard to vote on. :)
21:34 rangi
21:34 rangi k
21:34 kidclamp #info ranig suggests a feed of critical/major bugs that can be used to pull info in for vendors/contributors
21:35 kidclamp shoudl we move this into General disc.?
21:35 cait1 sounds good
21:35 kidclamp #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
21:35 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 June 2017)
21:36 Joubu Yes it could be helpful, with less criticals and majors :)
21:37 Joubu because with 30 very importants, none are important...
21:37 Joubu (it starts to be late here)
21:37 kidclamp does anyone have any other topics?
21:37 Joubu yes
21:38 Joubu I have created a new Epic today
21:38 Joubu "Make our intranet interface more shiny"
21:38 Joubu I put in contact Owen, Josef and Juan (juan_r)
21:39 kidclamp #info Epic added to the kanban: make our intranet more shiny
21:39 Joubu Juan is willing to work on the interface, to "move to bootstrap"
21:39 cait1 cool
21:39 kidclamp
21:39 Joubu so maybe you will see nice patches coming in the next months :)
21:40 caboose I will be happy to help
21:41 caboose I am the UX designer for ByWater, so I can lend support
21:41 Joubu caboose: add you as watcher of the epic then :)
21:42 kidclamp any more topics?
21:42 Joubu[…]a-rm-1711/epic/98
21:42 caboose awesome thanks Jobu
21:42 * kidclamp 's tummy is rumbly
21:43 kidclamp no codign guidelines so we can set next meeting, but I will wait a minute for anyone to add thoughts :-)
21:45 kidclamp #topic Set time of next meeting
21:45 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 June 2017)
21:45 kidclamp two weeks: June 28th, 14 UTC?
21:45 Joubu #info LeeJ was the first to finish the how-to
21:45 Joubu #info Please edit/update the wiki pages to welcome new contributors ([…]-rm-1711/task/24)
21:46 * LeeJ pats himself on the back
21:46 Joubu (I forgot 2 things)
21:46 kidclamp LeeJ++
21:46 kidclamp LeeJ++
21:46 cait1 LeeJ++
21:46 LeeJ Joubu: speaking of the how-to...
21:46 Joubu LeeJ++
21:46 Joubu wait wait, let finish the meeting :)
21:46 Joubu Yes kidclamp!
21:46 wahanui Sandwich King of the Northeast
21:46 Joubu I will miss it, holiday
21:47 LeeJ https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eveloper_handbook notice the how-to link is a redlink? :P want it updated?
21:47 kidclamp #info Next meeting: June 28, 14 UTC
21:47 kidclamp #endmeeting
21:47 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
21:47 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jun 14 21:47:35 2017 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
21:47 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-06-14-21.01.html
21:47 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]7-06-14-21.01.txt
21:47 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]14-21.01.log.html
21:47 Joubu LeeJ: I need to write the page, but I first need to integrate it to kohadevbox
21:47 kidclamp thanks Koha!
21:48 cait1 thx kidclamp!
21:48 cait1 kidclamp++
21:48 kidclamp I have to go see a kid who just found a giant stuffed giraffe
21:48 * kidclamp hugs!
21:48 LeeJ Joubu: I know you're busy so just wanted to remind while it was mentioned :)
21:48 LeeJ kidclamp++
21:48 Joubu Yep, it's on my list, just need to figure out how to integrate it quickly and easily with kohadevbox
21:48 thd Joubu: I know it is late for you, but I had two confusions during the meeting which I did not ask about to not slow the meeting.
21:49 Joubu and then to write a very short wiki page to link to the project
21:49 LeeJ well time to head out of work..see you all later :)
21:49 LeeJ (figuratively)
21:49 bmetcalf Anyone have a moment for a 16.11/17.05 upgrade bug question?
21:50 thd Joubu: You said words to the effect that some x was the reason for using a kanban interface.  I was uncertain of the reason given.
21:51 Joubu I do not understand the question
21:51 Joubu I have explained on the about page of the taiga project why and how I wanted to use it
21:51 thd Joubu: rephrasing and scrolling back ...
21:53 thd Joubu: You said "that was the point of the kanban" during the meeting but I did not follow what paint was "that".
21:54 thd s/paint/point/
21:54 cait1 I think to highlight the important issues
21:54 cait1 people shoudl focus on
21:54 Joubu yes, I wanted to clarify but did not do it: "that was *one* of the point of the kanban"
21:55 Joubu "that" was "highlight important bugs"
21:55 Joubu others are "list of others do", "form working group", "put people with the same interest in contact", "prioritize tasks", etc.
21:57 thd so in the context of some large number of very important bugs but some of those are more important than others.
21:57 bag hey Joubu can you add the url for the kanban to the topic for the #koha channel?
21:57 sonOfRa joined #koha
21:57 bag Also Joubu do you want to write a blogpost about it on our website?  Maybe just get some more people to look at it
21:57 Joubu it's:
21:57 Joubu kanban?
21:57 wahanui i think kanban is[…]rm-1711/wiki/home
21:58 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is | kanban is[…]rm-1711/wiki/home
21:58 cait1 maybe both - bywater and
21:58 Joubu bag: I can try a blogpost yes
21:58 bag good thought cait1
21:58 bag maybe a blogpost that everyone could share on their own sites
21:59 thd Joubu: Also, you referred to a poll during the meeting to which I did not know the reference.
21:59 Joubu I wanted to add the "what's on in koha-devel" emails to the website too
21:59 bag Joubu: do you have admin privileges on the website?
21:59 Joubu when I refer to them it's always to the archives, not friendly to read (for everybody)
21:59 Joubu nope
21:59 bag ah ok
22:00 bag @later tell wizzyrea can you get Joubu some posting privileges on the website?  If you’re no longer doing that (my bad) can you let me know who to ping?
22:00 huginn bag: The operation succeeded.
22:01 thd Joubu: How would reading email on the website be more friendly than reading email in the archive?
22:01 cait1 thd: Joubu did a survey, it was on the mailing lists
22:01 Joubu thd: yes, that is why I sent more-or-less monthly a what's on email, please read them
22:01 cait1 also discussed at one of the meetings
22:02 thd I was trying to find the reference in the email and did not find it.
22:03 Joubu "What's on in koha-devel #13"
22:03 Joubu "Contact people" section
22:04 bag Ok Joubu for a blogpost - Just send me an email - I can get it up on the blog and then send you a preview.  I’ll help with any english that you need help with too :)
22:04 wizzyrea which blog.
22:05 bag and cait1 maybe you can help me post it to too
22:05 wizzyrea yes, I can get him posting privileges
22:05 bag when I was speaking wizzyrea I meant bywaters blog
22:05 bag ah there we go!  thanks wizzyrea
22:05 bag wizzyrea++
22:05 cait1 wizzyrea: did you see my later from yesterday about the link on the front page?
22:05 wizzyrea just now
22:06 Joubu have to run, see you #koha!
22:06 wizzyrea joubu I'll send you email
22:07 Joubu wizzyrea: thx!
22:07 cait1 i think for RM best to pust to
22:07 wizzyrea yep
22:07 cait1 and then maybe some bywater person can explain and link?
22:07 wizzyrea 100% that.
22:07 wizzyrea 1000000000% that
22:08 bag is that about the link yesterday?  or about me asking joubu to write a blog post about kanban
22:08 cait1 sorry, doing too many things at once
22:09 bag heh
22:09 bag I’m confused ;)
22:09 wizzyrea RM notes belong on the kc website
22:09 wizzyrea I'll get joubu access.
22:09 wizzyrea I haven't had a spoon yet to look at what was discussed yesterday
22:10 wizzyrea re: kanban but definitely RM updates belong on the KC website.
22:10 thd_ joined #koha
22:10 bag wizzyrea: two different things going on…  RM what’s on emails - should be posted to kc website ;)  and #2 was asking for a blogpost on kanban
22:11 bag but if joubu puts the kanban blogpost on kc - that’s easier - we just repost it ;)
22:11 wizzyrea \o/
22:12 bag totes \o/
22:13 thd_ Joubu cait1: Lost connection again just now.  Sorry, I think my some over active regular expression in one of my spam filters must have redirected the message.
22:13 wizzyrea cait1, link is fixed
22:14 cait1 thx! how is it done?
22:14 wizzyrea in the theme settings, appearance, theme options, home page
22:15 bag wizzyrea++
22:15 * bag has trouble with CMSs
22:16 cait1 wizzyrea: ah i think i might not have permissions for that
22:16 cait1 at least i didn't spot it :)
22:26 thd_ Joubu cait1: I had read the message but insufficiently well to follow every link, etc. and recognise what was what.  Having said that I am necessarily behind reading all messages, meeting logs, etc. and I cannot compete with my own circa 2005 level of extreme crazy dedication to Koha when injury prevented me from doing much of anything else. :)
22:28 wizzyrea it was kind of a good thing that you did around that time anyway :)
22:28 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #201: SUCCESS in 1 hr 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/201/
22:28 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 18749 - xt/sample_notices.t fails
22:28 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 18601: OAI/Sets.t mangles data due to truncate in ModOAISetsBiblios
22:28 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 18752 - Automatic item modifications by age should allow 'blank'
22:28 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 18761: Fix tests for AutomaticItemModificationByAge.t - clear cache
22:28 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 18762: Remove warnings from xt/author/valid-templates.t
22:28 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 18762: Remove a warning from History.t
22:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18749 normal, P5 - low, ---, ldjamison, Pushed to Master , xt/sample notices fails with "No sample notice to delete"
22:28 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 18762: Remove some warnings from Search.t
22:28 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 18685: (bug 18551 follow-up) Fix patron toolbar
22:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18601 normal, P5 - low, ---,, Pushed to Master , OAI/Sets.t mangles data due to truncate in ModOAISetsBiblios
22:28 jenkins * jonathan.druart: Bug 18763: Fix swagger/definitions.t
22:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18752 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Automatic item modifications by age should allow 'blank' values
22:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18761 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , AutomaticItemModificationByAge.t tests are failing
22:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18762 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Some tests are noisy
22:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18685 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Patron edit/cancel floating toolbar out of place
22:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18551 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Pushed to Master , Hide with CSS dynamic elements in member search
22:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18763 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , swagger/definitions.t is failing
22:30 thd_ wizzyrea: There is nothing like being crippled even temporarily to focus attention to a task.  Now I a have spent the past week helping a neighbour obtain care as she cannot manage the stairs.
22:31 rocio joined #koha
22:32 JoshB left #koha
22:37 caboose-afk joined #koha
22:49 wizzyrea Sorry to hear about your injury though :(
23:06 Francesca joined #koha
23:16 thd__ joined #koha
23:24 thd_ joined #koha
23:29 Francesca joined #koha
23:45 LeeJ joined #koha
23:45 * LeeJ waves
23:59 jamesb joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary