IRC log for #koha, 2017-04-12

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 TGoat left #koha
00:04 dilan joined #koha
00:19 papa joined #koha
00:21 kidclamp @later tell tcohen ping me about the onloan index stuff please
00:21 huginn` kidclamp: The operation succeeded.
00:44 * dcook waves to kidclamp
00:44 dcook Just responding to the listserv email
00:45 kidclamp awesome!
00:45 wahanui That'll be €1 for the awesome jar, kidclamp
00:45 kidclamp awesome awesome awesome awesome!
00:45 kidclamp heh, I can circumvent the fine by being extra enthusiastic
00:45 dcook hehe
00:51 JoshB joined #koha
02:00 kmlussier joined #koha
02:36 Francesca joined #koha
04:45 cait joined #koha
04:52 Francesca joined #koha
04:58 * magnuse waves
04:58 * dcook waves
05:12 cait joined #koha
05:20 Francesca joined #koha
05:48 shalom joined #koha
05:59 irma_ joined #koha
06:00 kathryn joined #koha
06:16 laurence joined #koha
06:18 irma joined #koha
06:22 LibraryClaire joined #koha
06:36 alex_a joined #koha
06:37 alex_a bonjour
06:45 reiveune joined #koha
06:46 reiveune hello
06:46 wahanui bonjour, reiveune
07:06 fridolin joined #koha
07:06 fridolin hie tehre
07:07 paul_p joined #koha
07:16 bapt_w joined #koha
07:19 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:20 gaetan_B hello
07:38 fridolin joined #koha
07:38 fridolin left #koha
07:40 fridolin joined #koha
07:41 * magnuse waves to the french people
07:41 magnuse today is half a workday in norway, and then we have 3 whole days off - first day back at work is tuesday :-)
07:44 magnuse @later tell atheia i get 404s for /intranet-tmpl/prog/en/lib/jquery​/plugins/jquery.checkboxes.min.js and intranet-tmpl/prog/en/lib/jquery/​plugins/jquery.tablesorter.min.js on /cgi-bin/koha/ill/
07:44 huginn` magnuse: The operation succeeded.
07:45 magnuse @later tell atheia there are some issues around translatability in the ill module, i think. e.g. the names in the status_graph
07:45 huginn` magnuse: The operation succeeded.
07:47 magnuse @later tell atheia would it make sense, on /cgi-bin/koha/ill/, to have "manage request" be a dropdown of available actions, instead of a link to the details page, that has the actions? save some clicks
07:47 huginn` magnuse: The operation succeeded.
08:14 atheia joined #koha
08:17 alex_a joined #koha
09:22 cait joined #koha
09:24 sameee joined #koha
09:40 * cait waves
09:41 * kidclamp waves
09:46 vfernandes joined #koha
09:46 vfernandes hi #koha
09:52 vfernandes it's possible to force the authentication for one user? I want to create a .pl script that authenticates (create a session) the user using only an email
09:53 vfernandes there is any method on C4::Auth to create the session?
09:59 paul_p magnuse hi. How would you translate "Fjernlån og innlån" ? gtrans don't know "Fjernlan" :(
09:59 magnuse fjernlån = ill
10:00 magnuse i think "innlån" is like transfer, a loan from another library within the same koha instance
10:01 magnuse paul_p: i'm off for easter holiday now. i will reply to email if you have other questions
10:02 magnuse have fun #koha, see you on tuesday!
10:02 paul_p matts thanks. Will share a translated google doc with my comments soon !
10:33 sameee joined #koha
11:01 kmlussier joined #koha
11:23 janPasi joined #koha
11:25 ashimema Joubu about yet?
11:25 marcelr joined #koha
11:25 marcelr hi #koha
11:26 ashimema @latter tell Joubu we've fallen at the first hurdle testing bug 18403, seems it doesn't like a fresh install.. shout when you're about and I'll give you the errors
11:26 huginn` ashimema: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
11:26 ashimema @later tell Joubu we've fallen at the first hurdle testing bug 18403, seems it doesn't like a fresh install.. shout when you're about and I'll give you the errors
11:26 huginn` ashimema: The operation succeeded.
11:27 cait @wunder Konstanz
11:27 huginn` cait: Error: No such location could be found.
11:30 atheia joined #koha
11:31 ashimema is it just historical that we've never insisted on a proper user being created at install time?
11:31 ashimema or is there a reason against it?
11:40 oleonard joined #koha
11:49 caboose joined #koha
12:02 alex_a joined #koha
12:04 oleonard Oh yay another dev meeting I'll miss. Not that I've been much of a dev lately.
12:04 nengard joined #koha
12:08 eythian hi
12:19 caboose joined #koha
12:23 kidclamp joined #koha
12:25 oleonard Did I already ++ Bug 15705?
12:25 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15705 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Notify the user on auto renewing
12:25 oleonard Bug 15705++
12:25 oleonard Want it.
12:26 cait :)
12:34 NateC joined #koha
12:43 laurence left #koha
12:48 * ashimema would love a qa on that one too oleonard
12:48 ashimema we tested the c**p out of it.. :)
12:54 caboose joined #koha
12:58 jzairo joined #koha
12:59 janPasi joined #koha
13:00 janPasi joined #koha
13:02 kellym joined #koha
13:04 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:12 JoshB joined #koha
13:19 francharb joined #koha
13:28 deb-CSPL joined #koha
13:52 francharb joined #koha
13:54 kholt joined #koha
14:05 alex_a_ joined #koha
14:05 talljoy joined #koha
14:08 mrkastan joined #koha
14:08 mrkastan hi #koha
14:23 kastan joined #koha
14:33 jac joined #koha
14:37 LibraryClaire left #koha
14:52 kastan hey guys, I know there is an article about running koha on RHEL, but do you have any personal experience with it?
14:54 Joubu kastan: Hi! What is the article you are talking about?
14:56 kastan https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]dhat_Enterprise_6
14:56 jbeno joined #koha
15:00 Joubu I am not a redhat user but version 6 is quite old, right? :)
15:01 reiveune bye
15:01 reiveune left #koha
15:01 Joubu There is a guy that maintain rpms iirc
15:02 Joubu http://lists.koha-community.or[…]ember/043142.html
15:02 kastan well our enterprise server runs 6.6...
15:08 dac joined #koha
15:10 TGoat joined #koha
15:23 AdamB_ joined #koha
15:45 cait left #koha
15:52 fridolin left #koha
16:28 cait joined #koha
16:48 Dyrcona joined #koha
16:57 oleonard I don't suppose there is a way to pass URL parameters to in order to pre-populate some of the fields.
16:59 oleonard I guess what I really need is an authenticated API to pass data directly into the catalog :|
16:59 oleonard Someone should work on that.
17:22 khall joined #koha
17:22 kholt joined #koha
17:35 kholt joined #koha
18:07 chris_n joined #koha
18:13 Dyrcona joined #koha
18:37 caboose joined #koha
18:40 kellym joined #koha
18:43 Joubu khall: Hi! Take a look at bug 18276 comment 19 please.
18:43 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18276 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Koha::Biblio - Remove GetBiblioFromItemNumber
18:44 khall Joubu: will do!
18:44 Joubu thx
18:46 CrispyBran joined #koha
18:55 AdamB joined #koha
18:56 CrispyBran Anyone know how to use https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=5670?  No documentation.  Test notes don't give much detail.
18:56 huginn` Bug 5670: new feature, P5 - low, ---, alex.sassmannshausen, Pushed to Master , Housebound Readers Module
18:58 Matt_S joined #koha
19:00 kidclamp hi all!  meeting time! just giving a heads up and will start in a few
19:00 Matt_S Hello
19:01 bjohnson joined #koha
19:02 kidclamp #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 12 April 2017
19:02 huginn` Meeting started Wed Apr 12 19:02:56 2017 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
19:02 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:02 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 April 2017)
19:02 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_12_april_2017'
19:03 kidclamp #topic Introductions
19:03 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
19:03 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 April 2017)
19:03 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
19:03 mveron joined #koha
19:03 mveron Hi # koha
19:03 kidclamp meeting mveron?
19:03 mveron #info Marc Véron, Koha Support Schweiz,
19:03 barton #info Barton Chittenden, BWS, Louisville KY, USA
19:04 ashimema joined #koha
19:04 AdamB #info Adam Brooks, ByWater Solutions
19:04 kidclamp meeting ashimema Joubu cait?
19:05 CrispyBran #info Christopher Brannon, Cooperative Information Network/Coeur d'Alene Public Library, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
19:05 bag #info bag brendan gallagher bywater
19:06 kidclamp looks to be a light meeting :-)
19:06 kidclamp #topic Announcements
19:06 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 April 2017)
19:06 kidclamp anyone?
19:06 wahanui Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
19:08 kidclamp well - khall is gone for the day, cait mtj juliam are not here so release updates are lacking
19:08 cait sorry on phone
19:08 cait everything will be on time
19:08 cait string freeze on 15th, release on 22nd
19:08 kidclamp #topic Update from Release maintainers
19:08 Topic for #koha is now Update from Release maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 April 2017)
19:09 kidclamp info 16.11.x string freeze on 15th, release on 22nd
19:09 Joubu (sorry not around)
19:09 kidclamp #topic Updates from the QA team
19:09 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 April 2017)
19:09 kidclamp no worries Joubu
19:10 kidclamp We have a good amoutn of patches in the queue and NSO queue is growing
19:10 kidclamp Everyone should read Joubu's email and encourage more involvement
19:11 kidclamp #info joubu sent  What's on in koha-devel #11, please read and encourage involvement
19:12 kidclamp any one else have bugs to highlight?
19:12 kidclamp #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
19:12 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 April 2017)
19:12 kidclamp I just had two things to mention
19:12 kidclamp #topic Elasticsearch status
19:12 Topic for #koha is now Elasticsearch status (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 April 2017)
19:13 kidclamp There are a number of open bugs, I am testing what I can and submitting patches
19:13 kidclamp We need more testers to help us identify what needs to be improved and to help keep patches moving
19:13 kidclamp Kohadevbox installs ES and makes it very easy to test it out
19:13 kidclamp I will send an email with more specific bug numbers asap
19:14 kidclamp #info ES needs testers and patchers, talk to kidclamp if you have questions
19:14 kidclamp comments?
19:14 wahanui comments are turned on
19:15 kidclamp #topic Noisy logs
19:15 Topic for #koha is now Noisy logs (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 12 April 2017)
19:15 CrispyBran When you send out that e-mail, can you include specifics to ES use in kohadevbox?
19:15 kidclamp CrispyBran, sure, kohadevbox instructions should include it too but wil highlight
19:16 kidclamp We have notices lots of noisy warns in production on value comparison with uninitialized values
19:16 kidclamp bug 18400 is an example
19:16 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18400 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Noisy warns in during itemtype sorting
19:16 kidclamp these may be data related but are causing huge numbers of errors in logs
19:17 kidclamp will bring this up at next meeting or in lists
19:17 kidclamp Anyone else have announcements?
19:17 cait kidclamp: about ES - is there any current documentaion/overview right now?
19:17 cait i think it would help
19:17 cait sorry, just reading back
19:18 kidclamp docs on how to use? or what is to be expected?
19:18 cait what works/is exepcted
19:18 cait to wor
19:18 cait k
19:18 kidclamp :-)
19:19 kidclamp basically most things should work - otherwise search bugzilla for 'elastic' and those thigns might now
19:19 cait hm ok
19:19 kidclamp bug 18318
19:19 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18318 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Unicode support for Elasticsearch
19:20 kidclamp ES is different from zebra, so some things are learning
19:20 kidclamp partial terms don't find things, you must add a '*'
19:20 kidclamp bug 18374
19:20 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18374 major, P3, ---, nick, Failed QA , Respect QueryAutoTruncate syspref in Elasticsearch
19:20 kidclamp but we need to decide if we want to try and auto truncate, or train suers
19:20 kidclamp users
19:21 kidclamp but testers are needed to tell us what they expect and it doesn't do
19:22 kidclamp unicode support is big and necessary
19:23 kidclamp I am trying to get an organized chain of thought together to send out cait
19:23 kidclamp instead of just me shouting things :-)
19:24 barton kidclamp: what's not working in respect to unicode in elastic?
19:24 kidclamp currently all characters must be exactly searched for
19:25 kidclamp there are no equivalencies between accented and unaccented characters
19:25 barton gotcha.
19:25 kidclamp so pokemon <> pokémon
19:26 kidclamp no coding guidelines on agenda, so I think we just have to set next meeting (and hope is a better time for all)
19:26 kidclamp :-D
19:26 eythian I'm somewhat sure that can be defined, but I've never looked at it.
19:27 kidclamp I changed 18318 to NSO - there is a patch there - basically makes it use the unicode plugin and analyzers
19:28 kidclamp Next meeting: April 26th
19:28 kidclamp 13 UTC
19:28 kidclamp any objections?
19:29 barton real quick, should we talk about the database update that was hanging?
19:29 barton ^^ kidclamp.
19:29 kidclamp the floor is yours barton
19:31 barton larryb was running upgrades from 3.22, there's a database update to add itemtypes to statistics where type='return'.
19:32 barton ... this ended up taking 12 hours on one of our sites.
19:33 kidclamp bug 14598
19:33 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14598 major, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Master , itemtype is not set on statistics by C4::Circulation::AddReturn
19:33 kidclamp the db update to 'guess' the type in statistics is panifully slow on large statistics tables
19:33 barton kidclamp: do you know if larryb filed a bug about the upgrade itself?
19:33 kidclamp I do not
19:33 bag usually that doesn’t happen barbara
19:34 bag ha! barton
19:34 bag auto-tab fail :)
19:34 kidclamp #info bug 14598 DB update can be very slow/problematic in production sites with large statistics tables
19:34 kidclamp I would say file a bug and announce to lists barton
19:34 barton will do kidclamp.
19:35 kidclamp #info Next Meeting: 26 April, 2017, 13 UTC
19:35 kidclamp last chance anyone :-)
19:35 barton it caused enough consternation that I figured that is deserved to be more widely known ;-)
19:35 kidclamp barton++
19:35 kidclamp #endmeeting
19:35 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
19:35 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Apr 12 19:35:54 2017 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
19:35 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-04-12-19.02.html
19:35 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]7-04-12-19.02.txt
19:35 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]12-19.02.log.html
19:36 cait kidclamp++
19:36 kidclamp thanks all
19:36 mveron kidclamp++
19:37 * CrispyBran needs and infusion of bacon
19:41 caboose joined #koha
19:53 TGoat joined #koha
20:27 kellym joined #koha
21:00 rocio joined #koha
21:04 mveron Let's call it a long Koha-Sign-off-day, good night (daytime) everybody...
21:15 kathryn joined #koha
21:22 caboose joined #koha
21:24 Francesca joined #koha
21:27 alexbuckley joined #koha
22:03 JoshB left #koha
22:06 caboose joined #koha
22:07 kellym joined #koha
22:34 caboose-afk joined #koha
22:38 caboose-afk joined #koha
22:39 NateC joined #koha
22:56 caboose-afk joined #koha
23:00 JoshB joined #koha
23:02 caboose-afk joined #koha
23:08 kholt left #koha
23:09 tcohen joined #koha
23:25 rocio joined #koha
23:32 JoshB joined #koha
23:49 caboose-afk joined #koha
23:49 caboose-afk joined #koha
23:55 dcook joined #koha
23:57 caboose-afk joined #koha
23:59 papa joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary