IRC log for #koha, 2017-04-05

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:03 Francesca joined #koha
00:19 dilan joined #koha
00:55 caboose-afk joined #koha
00:56 kathryn joined #koha
01:00 dilan joined #koha
01:00 kathryn joined #koha
01:39 kmlussier joined #koha
01:46 irma joined #koha
02:05 dilan1 joined #koha
02:09 dilan joined #koha
02:11 dilan1 joined #koha
03:15 dcook Interesting... both C4::Calendar and Koha::Calendar deal with single holidays..
03:19 Francesca joined #koha
04:06 dilan joined #koha
04:20 Francesca joined #koha
05:17 cait joined #koha
05:30 sameee joined #koha
06:04 laurence joined #koha
06:05 LibraryClaire joined #koha
06:24 reiveune joined #koha
06:25 reiveune hello
06:37 * ashimema wonders why so many people seem to want t bake their own when it comes to SSO.
06:39 dcook Depends on the client, I gues?
06:39 janPasi joined #koha
06:39 * dcook doesn't really understand it either
06:51 alex_a joined #koha
06:52 alex_a bonjour
07:03 fridolin joined #koha
07:03 fridolin hie there
07:04 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:08 paul_p joined #koha
07:09 dilan hey does anyone know if playing media from external links in koha uses the system resources of your koha server?
07:17 sophie_m joined #koha
07:20 sophie_m joined #koha
07:22 BobB_ joined #koha
07:29 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:30 gaetan_B hello
07:44 cait joined #koha
07:48 greenjim2 joined #koha
08:19 mveron joined #koha
08:20 mveron Hi #koha
08:20 mveron @wunder Allschwil
08:20 huginn` mveron: Error: No such location could be found.
08:20 mveron @wunder Nowhereland
08:20 huginn` mveron: Error: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
08:20 mveron :-)
08:21 * mveron Looks out of the window, oh, it's sunny...
08:32 baptiste joined #koha
08:37 winston_obrien joined #koha
08:53 * magnuse waves
08:55 * mveron waves
09:08 rkrimme1 joined #koha
09:22 * LibraryClaire waves
09:34 mrkastan joined #koha
09:34 mrkastan hi there
09:36 mrkastan is there a way of having multiple branches with separate patrons and preferences OR multiple instances with shared biblio database?
09:38 kidclamp there is an 'independent branches' setting mrkastan but prefs are still shared
09:38 kidclamp you can override sysprefs if you have a virtualhost for each branch
09:41 mrkastan I mean the idea is Shared catalogue for libraries all over our country. From the smallest in schools or hospitals to regional. So every library has different policy but catalogue should be searchable all at once
09:42 janPasi joined #koha
09:42 mrkastan I am really new to Koha, just considering it as possible solution
09:44 mrkastan The independent branches says (at leat at wiki), that everything is shared (even patrons)
09:52 kidclamp that would be correct then likely. I would try sending something out to the lists mrkastan, I don't know if koha works as you want out of the box, but there might be solutions
09:52 kidclamp lists?
09:52 wahanui try 'listserv', kidclamp
09:53 kidclamp listserv?
09:53 wahanui try 'mailing list', kidclamp
09:53 kidclamp mailing list?
09:53 wahanui mailing list is at[…]ha-mailing-lists/
09:53 kidclamp 3 tries, every time
09:57 mrkastan :D okay thanks kidclamp. I know that Koha miss more or less functionality I need but I am trying to make 'case study'. Finding out which ILS would be best to work with.
10:10 Francesca joined #koha
10:18 sameee joined #koha
10:23 mveron Lunchtime...
10:23 wahanui i think lunchtime is a terrible time for a meeting
11:32 marcelr joined #koha
11:32 marcelr hi #koha
11:34 oleonard joined #koha
11:39 magnuse hiya marcelr and oleonard
11:39 * oleonard waves
11:40 marcelr magnuse! oleonard!
11:40 * LibraryClaire waves
11:40 magnuse BüchereiKlara!
11:40 marcelr LibraryClaire!
11:40 wahanui hmmm... libraryclaire is the monster under my bed
11:40 magnuse poor wahanui
11:40 wahanui That's so condescending, magnuse
11:41 magnuse oops, sorry about that
11:41 marcelr wahanui is a monster
11:41 LibraryClaire :D
11:41 marcelr what is wahanui?
11:41 wahanui wahanui couldn't be bothered to show up
11:41 * magnuse takes bug 12836 for a spin in real life
11:41 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12836 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Needs Signoff , SRU Explain file needs to be rewritten
11:47 meliss joined #koha
11:48 NateC joined #koha
11:53 eythian hi
11:54 alex_a joined #koha
11:59 magnuse @wunder enbo
11:59 huginn` magnuse: Error: No such location could be found.
12:00 caboose joined #koha
12:02 alex_a joined #koha
12:06 kellym joined #koha
12:14 mveron joined #koha
12:15 mveron Hi again #koha
12:16 magnuse hiya mveron
12:17 mveron hiya magnuse
12:19 kmlussier joined #koha
12:26 rocio joined #koha
12:31 marcelr hi mveron
12:31 mveron hi marcelr
12:48 kidclamp_away joined #koha
12:56 nengard joined #koha
13:04 barton joined #koha
13:12 atheia joined #koha
13:25 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:34 talljoy joined #koha
13:39 kmlussier joined #koha
14:00 irma joined #koha
14:02 schnydszch joined #koha
14:04 thd joined #koha
14:04 kholt joined #koha
14:06 thd I missed the meeting by 1 hour?
14:07 thd The computer I checked was in the wrong time zone?
14:08 andreashm joined #koha
14:09 thd No, should there not be a meeting now?
14:09 schnydszch meeting has not started yet, right?
14:09 thd Apparently not.
14:10 thd Was there a reminder to the mailing list?
14:11 * andreashm waves
14:11 andreashm I haven't seen any mail about a meeting today, But haven't really looked either, I must admit
14:12 mrkastan joined #koha
14:12 cait kidclamp: ping?
14:12 wahanui Using deft allegory, the authors have provided an insightful and intuitive explanation of one of Unix's most venerable networking utilities.[…]oks/dp/0448421658
14:12 thd cait: are you here for a meeting?
14:13 cait not quite :)
14:13 mrkastan joined #koha
14:14 cait https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ting_5_April_2017
14:15 cait i can run it
14:15 cait #startmeeting General IRC meeting 5 April 2017
14:15 huginn` Meeting started Wed Apr  5 14:15:11 2017 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
14:15 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:15 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 April 2017)
14:15 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_5_april_2017'
14:15 thd This is generally the well attended time internationally.
14:15 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ting_5_April_2017 Today's agenda
14:15 cait #topic Introductions
14:15 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
14:15 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 April 2017)
14:15 cait please introduce yoruself following wahanui's example
14:15 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:16 schnydszch #info Eugene Espinoza Philippines
14:16 andreashm #info Andreas Hedström Mace, Stockholm University Library, Sweden
14:16 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Geramny
14:17 cait hm empty
14:18 cait #topic Announcements
14:18 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 April 2017)
14:18 cait I encourage people to read Joubu's new summary
14:18 cait #link http://lists.koha-community.or[…]April/043611.html What's on in koha-devel #11
14:19 cait moving on?
14:19 andreashm I have one
14:19 cait go for it :)
14:19 andreashm Stockholm Univserity Library is working on a project for RDF in Koha. There's an RFC up at: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]s_RDF_in_Koha_RFC
14:20 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy, Netherlands
14:20 andreashm Not exactly what Bywater is doing, so the projects complement each other.
14:21 cait #info Stockholm Univserity Library is working on a project for RDF in Koha. There's an RFC up at: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]s_RDF_in_Koha_RFC
14:21 mrkastan #info Krystof Sadek, Czech Republic
14:21 cait very cool thx
14:21 andreashm np
14:21 cait any questions?
14:22 cait #topic Update on releases
14:22 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 April 2017)
14:22 cait khall? jajm? mtj? :)
14:23 khall cait: Nothing out of the ordinary
14:23 khall Feature slush will be approaching soon!
14:23 cait #info 16.11.06 was release a week later than usual, as we had 16.11.05 just a few days before the normal release as a security release
14:23 cait #info 16.11.07 is planned for the usual schedule, string freeze on 15th and release on April  22nd
14:24 cait khall: wow true!
14:24 cait khall: will you send an email witht he dates?
14:24 andreashm khall: do you know which date?
14:24 wahanui which date are we discussing?
14:24 khall will do cait!
14:24 khall I have not picked a specific date yet
14:25 andreashm ok, thanks
14:25 cait #info 17.05 will enter feature slush soon, khall will inform on the mailing list
14:25 cait #action khall to send an email to the list with feature slush, string freeze, etc.
14:25 cait anything else?
14:25 wahanui anything else is probably just being crap
14:26 cait #topic KohaCon
14:26 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 April 2017)
14:26 cait schnydszch?
14:26 wahanui it has been said that schnydszch is it June 12-16 Monday - Friday?
14:26 cait forget schnydszch
14:26 wahanui cait: I forgot schnydszch
14:27 schnydszch june 19-23 whanui
14:27 schnydszch it has been that since december :)
14:27 schnydszch
14:27 cait #link KohaCon17 website
14:28 schnydszch updates on KohaCon: we already have 156 registered participants
14:28 cait nice!
14:28 cait #info 156 persons registered so far
14:28 andreashm great!
14:28 schnydszch june 19-21 (main conference), june 22-23 hackfest
14:28 cait #info june 19-21 (main conference), june 22-23 hackfest
14:28 schnydszch 305+ foreign participants
14:28 schnydszch sorry 35+
14:29 schnydszch less 2, which already sent regrets
14:30 cait 33?
14:30 schnydszch Paul P. and Biblibre will be coming over. We're working on the topics, so far we have 20, 4 needs confirmation, local speakers, 1 is from the institution which had the first known koha installation in the Philippines
14:30 * cait confused :)
14:30 schnydszch 35+ cait
14:30 cait ok
14:30 cait #info 35+ foreign participants
14:31 schnydszch within that number. One KOHAnep sponsor still up. :)
14:31 cait #info working on the programm, 20 presentations planned, 4 need conformation still, 1 is from the institution with the first known Koha installation in the Philippines
14:31 cait so you need one more sponsor?
14:32 schnydszch yeah one more major sponsor
14:32 cait or more smaller ones?
14:32 schnydszch one major
14:32 cait #info Still looking for sponsors, one major sponsor still needed
14:33 schnydszch bywaters emailed us way back they're donating, hi kidclamp ;)
14:33 cait i think he is in a meeting
14:33 cait schnydszch: maybe ask on the mailing list if sponsorship is still an issue in a bit
14:34 schnydszch Program  will be out third week of April, as well as invitation for local participants. We're positive we'll hit the 200+ target for KohaCon
14:34 cait cool :)
14:34 schnydszch okay, will do that cait.
14:35 cait #info programme will be out third week of April as well as invitation for local participants
14:35 schnydszch we have one topic The future for Koha ILS/Roadmap for Koha ILS that up for developers who will be attending KohaCon :) Paul Poulain already has a lot on his plate.
14:35 cait thx for the update schnydszch
14:36 cait difficult topic
14:36 cait :)
14:36 schnydszch they can email the organizing committee, can be a collaboration on the topic :)
14:37 cait #info speaker wanted for 'The future for Koha ILS/Roadmap for Koha ILS'
14:37 schnydszch and also Linked Data, however it seems we won't have one aside from Scanbit (Spain)
14:37 schnydszch or RDF
14:37 cait #info also speaker for topics Linked Data/RDF
14:38 schnydszch Linked Data/RDF another topic up for grab
14:38 schnydszch thanks Cait
14:38 cait yw
14:38 cait questions?
14:38 wahanui questions are good :)
14:38 cait wahanui botsnack cookie
14:38 wahanui :)
14:38 cait ok, moving on to the next topic then!
14:38 cait hm i think NateC is not here?
14:38 cait so we will probably come to an end
14:39 cait 3 may
14:40 cait 19 UTC
14:40 thd Was 20 UTC not previously?
14:40 cait i was thinkign because of daylight savings
14:40 cait nz and germany just switched
14:41 cait us too
14:41 thd Yes, with daylight savings some hour adjustment should be in order.
14:41 cait should be 8 am in nz and 9 pm in germany (i hope)
14:41 eythian 10 hours difference euro -> nz now
14:41 thd Is 19 the correct direction of adjustment?
14:41 eythian I think
14:42 thd Should the adjustment not be to 21?
14:42 cait that's 11 pm
14:42 cait maybe keeping it to 20 is better
14:42 thd Ah, OK.
14:43 cait ok, may 3 20 utc
14:43 thd I think 19 preserves the time.
14:43 cait 7am
14:43 thd I suggest that 19 is correct relative to before.
14:44 cait i am going with 20 for now - i think we won't have the dieal
14:44 kidclamp 21 would be friendly to NZ at some point
14:44 thd cait: What was your local time before the change?
14:44 LibraryClaire left #koha
14:44 cait i think that's not too bad for either side for now
14:45 cait #agreed May 3, 20 UTC
14:45 cait #endmeeting
14:45 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
14:45 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Apr  5 14:45:13 2017 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:45 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-04-05-14.15.html
14:45 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]7-04-05-14.15.txt
14:45 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]05-14.15.log.html
14:47 cait sorry, afk for a bit
14:49 andreashm We at Stockholm univ. are experiencing that one of the yellow (warning) dialog boxes is empty (no text is displayed). This seems to be when attempting to check out a book to a patron whose patron category isn't allowed to check it out according to the circulation rules. Other warnings/dialog boxes, like Barcode missing, works fine. Anyone else experience this? And/or has tips on where to look to fix? Where are the dialog box texts stored,
14:50 greenjimll Hi all. Is there a good reason why doesn't use the C4::MarcModificationTemplates routines? I've just been hacking it in so that we can convert 852 fields to 952 fields (for item holdings) but want to make sure I'm not going to blow something up!
14:51 Joubu andreashm: texts are in template. If you recreate (sandbox?), open a bug report please
14:51 Joubu greenjimll: the script has been written before C4::MMT
14:52 greenjimll Joubu: Ah ha, in which case would a patch to use C4::MMT be of general interest?
14:52 andreashm joubu: thanks
14:53 andreashm I tested with a devbox and was unable to recreate. but will try again.
14:53 Joubu greenjimll: I have never touched this script, I am a bit afraid of it to be honest
14:54 Joubu greenjimll: what this change could bring?
14:55 jbeno joined #koha
14:56 Joubu greenjimll: ok got it. Yes I think that would be great
14:59 mrkastan can plugins alter UI? for example add plugin execution (or part of it) button into OPAC when viewing record
15:00 jac joined #koha
15:02 blou mrkastan: I've done that using the sysprefs.  Added a button using js, pointing to a plugin.
15:03 blou You need to modify your httpd, though, to create a script alias.  It's not kosher :P
15:04 LibraryClaire joined #koha
15:06 alex_a_ joined #koha
15:07 mrkastan okay thanks blou
15:07 mrkastan that httpd - can be modified by that plugin's installation step or has to be done manually<
15:16 alex_a joined #koha
15:24 milaspl joined #koha
15:30 fridolin left #koha
15:31 mrkastan okay, I have next stupid question - can Koha update modify sysprefs? and can plugin do that?
15:38 thd_ joined #koha
15:44 talljoy joined #koha
15:52 greenjimll Joubu: OK, I'll hack on the a bit more in the next few weeks and then make a patch to submit.
15:53 laurence left #koha
15:57 thd__ joined #koha
15:59 lisettelatah joined #koha
16:03 JoshB joined #koha
16:12 lisettelatah joined #koha
16:23 greenjimll Joubu: I've just submitted Bug 18389 to Koha's Bugzilla with a patch to add C4::MarcModificationTemplate support to
16:23 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18389 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , does not take notice of MARC modification templates
16:24 Joubu greenjimll: sounds like you should read https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ubmitting_A_Patch ;)
16:24 cait greenjimll: did you see you can also use staged tools from comamnd line?
16:24 cait coudl be interesting to add it there too to match the gui
16:25 cait and possibly easier
16:25 cait[…]b50b249cafe12ddb6
16:25 cait and
16:25 greenjimll Cait: can you? Doh! I tried staged tools via the web browser but it ate all the RAM on our dev box with 614000+ works.
16:25 cait i think the file naming is unfortunate
16:26 cait not a lot of people discover it - we use it for our daily imports from the union catalog
16:26 cait sometimes up to 100.000 records
16:26 cait works fine
16:26 cait but you have to clean your database sometimes, as koha stores all the import data (also means you have an undo option)
16:27 cait clean database = clean the imports - the database clean up cron job can do that
16:29 greenjimll Oh well - I live and learn.  Got to rush off now, but I'll try to get my bugzilla reformatted correctly at some point!
16:30 cait leagin too - bye all!
16:30 cait left #koha
16:30 reiveune bye
16:30 reiveune left #koha
16:43 caboose_ joined #koha
16:50 tcohen joined #koha
17:06 cait joined #koha
17:11 nengard joined #koha
17:16 jbeno joined #koha
17:28 tcohen joined #koha
17:37 atheia left #koha
17:50 sophie_m joined #koha
18:11 mveron joined #koha
18:35 nengard joined #koha
18:36 nengard joined #koha
18:39 kmlussier joined #koha
19:20 wizzyrea joined #koha
19:28 kmlussier joined #koha
19:40 eythian[…]-hidden-libraries
19:54 kathryn joined #koha
19:55 meliss joined #koha
20:08 nengard joined #koha
20:11 nengard joined #koha
20:39 caboose-afk joined #koha
20:52 kidclamp night koha!
20:53 tcohen1 joined #koha
21:21 irma joined #koha
21:26 mveron Good night #koha
21:40 caboose-afk joined #koha
21:40 talljoy joined #koha
21:57 ashimema joined #koha
22:12 irma_ joined #koha
22:17 tcohen joined #koha
22:19 JoshB left #koha
22:30 KentSlack joined #koha
22:31 KentSlack Does Koha work on mysql databases > 5.6.20?
22:32 wizzyrea we know that 5.7 support is dodgy
22:32 wizzyrea but we are working on it.
22:33 KentSlack Thank you for your efforts on this.
22:36 KentSlack Does Koha work with MariaDB?
22:36 wizzyrea Yep, that's the recommended current work around
22:45 espen___ maybe it's should be the standard rather than the work-around these days? (I'm on a conversion course, sort to speak, here)
22:45 wizzyrea oh, it's always been an option
22:45 wizzyrea it's a drop in replacement
22:46 wizzyrea and more or less if you want to, you can
22:46 wizzyrea it's just, you have to choose one when you write "how to install" docs
22:46 wizzyrea so I suppose if someone wanted to go through and make all of the references to mysql say mariadb
22:46 wizzyrea that's their right :)
22:46 wizzyrea (people get overwhelmed when you say "do this, or maybe that."
22:46 wizzyrea )
22:47 espen___ may take less time than keep having to say "watch this space" on mysql 5.7 :-)
22:48 wizzyrea It's coming ANY DAY NOW (lol)
22:54 irma joined #koha
22:55 espen___ quickie: is there a way to define an alternative OPAC logout link other than messing with JavaScript
22:56 wizzyrea I am unsure of the context of this request, what are you wanting to accomplish exactly?
22:57 espen___ followup from yesterday; I'm using an external single-sign-on system
22:57 espen___ it has it's own logout handler
22:58 wizzyrea Ah. Without changing the Koha code itself, javascript is probably your best bet.
22:58 wizzyrea sorry I missed the part from yesterday ;)
22:59 espen___ seems people thought what I was doing was well retro, but it actually works out very well so don't drop it!
23:00 wizzyrea you do you
23:00 wizzyrea (as long as you're not like, endangering patron privacy or exposing your users to risk.)
23:01 espen___ as I said then, apache auth mechanisms do trundle along, but away from the public eye some times; and it makes sense to support generic apache auth rather than reinventing everything in koha
23:01 espen___ the auth itself is very robust security wise!
23:01 wizzyrea If you're happy I'm happy.
23:04 espen___ very happy here; our 'legacy' auth system is very robust, and I expect oauth2 to do most of the things we wanted from shibboleth but were just not working out in the end
23:10 alexbuckley joined #koha
23:29 irma joined #koha
23:35 Francesca joined #koha
23:39 kholt joined #koha
23:42 caboose-afk joined #koha
23:45 BobB joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary