IRC log for #koha, 2017-03-29

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:03 caboose joined #koha
00:14 caboose joined #koha
01:15 Francesca joined #koha
01:39 Francesca joined #koha
01:55 Francesca joined #koha
02:37 winston_obrien joined #koha
02:39 winston_obrien joined #koha
03:17 winston_obrien joined #koha
03:37 ashimema joined #koha
03:57 cait joined #koha
04:37 Francesca joined #koha
04:42 alexbuckley joined #koha
05:05 cait joined #koha
06:05 LibraryClaire joined #koha
06:43 * magnuse waves
06:50 oha a-ohy!
06:52 magnuse \o/
06:53 alex_a joined #koha
06:53 reiveune joined #koha
06:55 magnuse bonjour le france
06:55 magnuse @wunder enbo
06:55 huginn` magnuse: Error: No such location could be found.
06:55 magnuse @wunder boo
06:55 huginn` magnuse: Error: No such location could be found.
06:55 magnuse @wunder Bodø, Norway
06:55 huginn` magnuse: Error: No such location could be found.
06:55 magnuse I'm free!!!
06:55 reiveune hello
07:01 alex_a bonjour le reste du monde
07:01 alex_a ;p
07:04 eythian @wunder ams
07:04 huginn` eythian: Error: No such location could be found.
07:04 eythian Me too
07:04 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:09 fridolin joined #koha
07:14 baptiste joined #koha
07:16 fridolin1 joined #koha
07:27 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:28 gaetan_B hello
07:32 sophie_m joined #koha
07:34 espen_ joined #koha
07:36 paul_p joined #koha
08:09 alex_a joined #koha
08:14 LibraryClaire left #koha
08:14 LibraryClaire joined #koha
08:17 * magnuse waves to espen_ and wonders about the norwegian sounding name :-)
08:20 sameeenz joined #koha
08:21 sameeenz joined #koha
08:50 Infra_3600 joined #koha
09:19 Francesca joined #koha
10:38 cait joined #koha
10:39 * cait waves
10:40 eythian @wunder ams
10:40 huginn` eythian: Error: No such location could be found.
10:40 eythian I still don't exists
10:40 eythian -s
10:49 Joubu hi #koha
10:58 Joubu khall: please push critical things quick and fist
10:58 Joubu first
10:58 khall Joubu: will do!
11:00 Joubu for instance 18312 has not been pushed, then not backported
11:00 Joubu people will have to wait one more month to export records from 16.11
11:04 francharb joined #koha
11:04 francharb Hello #koha
11:09 Dyrcona joined #koha
11:33 oleonard joined #koha
11:36 marcelr joined #koha
11:36 marcelr hi #koha
11:37 marcelr do we have a developer meeting today at 13 utc ?
11:40 Putti joined #koha
11:41 cait i think so - but we have another meeting so BSZ won't be there
11:43 oleonard I don't see it listed https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]IRC_Meetings#2017
11:45 Joubu kidclamp sent an email to postpone the last one, it was during the hackfest
11:47 marcelr probably he forgot to send the reminder yesterday..
11:48 meliss joined #koha
11:51 alex_a joined #koha
11:54 caboose joined #koha
12:12 kmlussier joined #koha
12:13 kellym joined #koha
12:22 jzairo joined #koha
12:26 kidclamp joined #koha
12:41 magnuse anyone else seen problems with adding and updating patrons in Explorer after upgrading to 16.11.05?
12:43 magnuse Gefeliciteerd met uw jubileum, eythian
12:44 * kidclamp waves
12:45 eythian magnuse: je mag "je" zeggen :) maar, dankjewel
12:45 kidclamp meeting in a bit all
12:46 nengard joined #koha
12:46 magnuse nengard!
12:46 wahanui nengard is fast
12:46 nengard hehe
12:46 nengard morning magnuse
12:53 magnuse kia ora nengard
13:00 kidclamp morning all - who is here for meeting?
13:00 marcelr hi kidclamp
13:00 kidclamp hi marcelr
13:01 marcelr eythian: niet allemaal tegelijk
13:01 Brooke joined #koha
13:02 kidclamp well, Ill start meeting and we can see :-) nothing on agenda so should be quick
13:02 marcelr i have two small announcements for you
13:02 marcelr requests actually
13:02 kidclamp before or during meeting?
13:03 marcelr during :)
13:03 kidclamp #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 29 March 2017
13:03 huginn` Meeting started Wed Mar 29 13:03:09 2017 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
13:03 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:03 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 March 2017)
13:03 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_29_march_2017'
13:03 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy
13:03 kidclamp #topic Introductions
13:03 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
13:03 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 March 2017)
13:03 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
13:03 marcelr this will be a crowdy meeting
13:03 marcelr meeting !
13:04 khall #info Kyle Hall, ByWater Solutions
13:04 kidclamp Joubu?
13:04 wahanui i think Joubu is not sure how to fix that correctly
13:04 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
13:04 marcelr 13utc was a good tome
13:04 marcelr time
13:04 marcelr but after changing the clock?
13:04 magnuse #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
13:05 kidclamp last call..
13:06 kidclamp #topic Announcements
13:06 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 March 2017)
13:06 marcelr I still want to ask for a signoff on bug 9988. This development gets stuck in Needs Signoff.
13:06 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9988 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, Needs Signoff , Leave larger authority merges to merge_authorities cronjob (pref AuthorityMergeLimit)
13:06 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:06 marcelr And there is a security bug too: 18019, awaiting some attention for weeks already.
13:06 kidclamp #info Bug 9988 needs sign off
13:07 kidclamp #info security bug 18019 is also in the sign off queue
13:07 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18019 is not accessible.
13:07 marcelr no in NSO
13:07 marcelr but we probably mean the same
13:07 kidclamp #info security bug 18019 is also in the needs sign off queue
13:07 wahanui okay, kidclamp.
13:07 kidclamp :-)
13:08 Joubu does not mean the same, in SO I would have QA it for weeks...
13:08 kidclamp was a typo
13:08 Joubu seems like people have trouble with security/critical/blocker
13:09 Joubu these bugs HAVE TO BE processed quickly
13:09 Joubu sounds like quite easy to undestand why
13:09 marcelr secu bugs are only seen by a few
13:10 kidclamp I can look at 18019 today and test
13:10 marcelr great
13:10 kidclamp anything else?
13:10 wahanui hmmm... anything else is just being crap
13:11 kidclamp #topic Update from the Release manager (17.05)
13:11 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (17.05) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 March 2017)
13:11 kidclamp khall
13:11 khall Not much to say, I've been pushing to master when I can, Brendan has also been pushing some as well.
13:12 khall The queue is pretty long now, so I'll take some time on Friday to clear it out
13:12 marcelr there is one about
13:12 khall marcelr: just pushed that ; )
13:12 marcelr oh you pushed it now
13:12 marcelr great
13:12 sophie_m joined #koha
13:12 kidclamp we have a bit but reminder of slush/freezes khall?
13:13 Joubu push order is quite weird, how do you process it?
13:13 khall Joubu: not sure what you mean
13:13 Joubu LIFO does not sound like a good method to process it
13:13 khall I go by severity
13:14 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #137: STILL FAILING in 55 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/137/
13:14 jenkins * kyle: Bug 18144: Restore pieces of C4/Auth to make Google OpenID Connect work
13:14 jenkins * kyle: Bug 18312: Fix export unless a file is supplied
13:14 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18144 critical, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Pushed to Master , Removal of persona broke Google OAuth2
13:14 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18312 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Export is broken unless a file is supplied
13:14 Joubu nope 13757 has been QA then push in the 2 hours
13:14 Joubu it's an enh
13:14 khall Joubu: I also take requests ; )
13:15 khall if something has passed qa and someone PMs be to request it gets pushed, more the likely I'll take care of it
13:15 Joubu k
13:15 marcelr be careful, you will be mailed a lot :)
13:15 khall lol
13:16 khall we must remember, when everything is a priority, nothing is a priority
13:16 Joubu > major and security are priority
13:17 Joubu nothing else is priority
13:17 blou khall: about taking requests,  is that a quote we can put on the "quote list" for the bot?  :)
13:17 Joubu I fix stuff in hours, then it takes day to see stuffs included
13:17 khall blou: sure!
13:17 Joubu 16.11 is going to spend one more month with a critical issue, just because SO+QA+push takes too long
13:18 khall Joubu: if it's not getting pushed to master fast enough, just ping me. I've been so bogged down bag was acting as the primary pusher in the recent past
13:18 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 18312: Fix export unless a file is supplied <[…]1c9a9b9cc9ed4e4d6> / Bug 18144: Restore pieces of C4/Auth to make Google OpenID Connect work <[…]1d21b6aa99ac8cefd>
13:18 marcelr Joubu: it was in PQA friday
13:18 Joubu (do not want to be polemical, just saying, you can move on)
13:19 kidclamp moving on
13:19 kidclamp #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
13:19 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 March 2017)
13:20 kidclamp I don't know if we have any here...cait, mtj, jajm?
13:21 Brooke *crickets*
13:21 kidclamp #info please watch for critical,major, security bugs for current releases and move these along
13:22 kidclamp #topic Updates from the QA team
13:22 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 March 2017)
13:23 kidclamp Joubu? marcelr?
13:24 marcelr no
13:24 Joubu nope
13:24 Joubu nothing new
13:24 kidclamp #info please help keep the queue down
13:24 Joubu Hea v2 is pushed
13:24 Brooke Nice!
13:25 Joubu will get backported on next release, will need to contact the RMaints
13:25 kidclamp I have been encouraging more to join for future - more members who can hit easier patches would keep things moving
13:25 Joubu and check with lds to update the production server
13:25 kidclamp #info Hea v2 has been pushed and will be backported in next release
13:25 Brooke is there someone on project with enough exp to tie hea into the wiki so we can get a nice map?
13:25 Joubu release*s* hopefully
13:26 Joubu Brooke: Hea v2 includes a map
13:26 kidclamp #info Hea v2 has been pushed and will be backported in next releases
13:27 kidclamp moving on
13:27 kidclamp #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
13:27 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 March 2017)
13:29 kidclamp Just to mention there are number of things open for ES - would be nice to see them in to 17.05 so please test QA where you can
13:29 kidclamp I am working on submitting more as well
13:29 Joubu Is there a plan?
13:30 Joubu things that is going to be done, need to be done, will be done later?
13:30 Joubu are*
13:30 kidclamp I will try to send something out to the list before in the next week
13:30 kidclamp need to review what there is
13:30 kidclamp hackfest helped find a few things
13:31 kidclamp in general though we need testers to figure otu what is working and what is not
13:31 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
13:31 kidclamp #action kidclamp will send an update on ES to the lists
13:32 paul_p joined #koha
13:32 kidclamp bug 18189 would be good to get in
13:32 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18189 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , Elasticsearch sorting broken
13:32 kidclamp it fixes sorting (somewhat) and some authority  issues
13:32 kholt joined #koha
13:33 Joubu authority related stuffs are completely broken under ES
13:33 kidclamp in what way Joubu?
13:34 Joubu in a way that SearchAuthority sub is called instead of the compat method from Koha::SE
13:34 caboose I'd be happy to be a tester for ES
13:35 Joubu bug 18131
13:35 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18131 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Matching staged records when using elastic search fails
13:35 blou We (inLibro) also could find ressources to test ES.
13:35 kidclamp kohadevbox should work with ES5 out of box - frido worked on setting it up independently and may be have tips
13:35 Joubu guys, please tests then :)
13:35 kidclamp should be NSO
13:36 kidclamp #info ES needs testing as well - caboose and inlibro will try to help
13:37 kidclamp skipping coding guidelins unless anyone has anything for that?
13:37 marcelr no
13:37 kidclamp #topic Set time of next meeting
13:37 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 March 2017)
13:37 marcelr but we should add one for exceptions
13:38 kidclamp more please marcelr
13:38 marcelr :)
13:39 kidclamp #action marcelr will draft a coding guidelines exceptions policy for next meeting
13:39 kidclamp :b
13:39 marcelr ok ;)
13:39 kidclamp April 12th, but not this time for next meeting
13:40 marcelr we toggle between the two
13:40 kidclamp 12 April 2017, 19UTC?
13:40 kidclamp I think 19 was preferred to 20
13:40 kidclamp unless any new zealanders want to speak up
13:40 eythian they will be sound asleep I expect
13:40 marcelr they are kind of quite around this time
13:40 kidclamp yeah
13:41 marcelr except for eythian
13:41 marcelr of course
13:41 kidclamp #info next meeting 12 April 2017, 19UTC
13:41 kidclamp last call for comment, questions or snide remarks
13:42 kidclamp #endmeeting
13:42 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
13:42 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Mar 29 13:42:35 2017 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
13:42 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-03-29-13.03.html
13:42 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]7-03-29-13.03.txt
13:42 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]29-13.03.log.html
13:42 kidclamp thansk all
13:42 kidclamp thanks even
13:42 marcelr kidclamp++
13:43 Joubu Are meetings with 4 attendees really useful?
13:45 oleonard Oh dang I missed my chance to opine on the Oxford comma.
13:45 * oleonard was afk
13:45 eythian that was bad planning oleopard
13:46 marcelr Joubu: maybe if 50 read the logs ??
13:46 marcelr we could have decided to change the workflow or something lol
13:46 eythian I see it was decided to rewrite it all in java
13:47 marcelr aarg
13:47 kidclamp not bad for those who were there to touch base Joubu
13:47 eythian no, public static int main(String[] aarg)
13:47 oleonard Don't make Joubu mad eythian, he was holding out for PHP
13:48 Joubu can do in python if needed
14:02 barton joined #koha
14:23 rocio joined #koha
14:31 oleonard Does Koha log SIP requests in any way?
14:32 Joubu marcelr: are you going to rewrite the inventory tool?
14:32 marcelr no but it should :)
14:32 marcelr oleonard: look in syslog
14:33 Joubu marcelr: I am not sure there are 2 people on earth knowing how it works
14:33 jbeno joined #koha
14:33 marcelr david cook spent some time on it but wrote no patches yet
14:33 marcelr it is very weird
14:34 marcelr hope to improve a bit now
14:34 Joubu be care, it's a dangerous area :p You touch something, it falls down on the other side
14:37 marcelr yeah
14:39 cait oleonard: not koha, but i think there is aserver side log
14:40 oleonard We have been thinking about how to consider what 'active' means for a patron who only uses digital services
14:40 oleonard For others we can use checkouts, but not for those whose accounts are only used for SIP authentication
14:41 cait hm
14:41 cait maybe it would be a good enhancement to log logins
14:41 marcelr i think they are logged
14:41 marcelr for sip i mean
14:41 marcelr look in syslog
14:41 kidclamp bug 15504
14:41 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15504 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Track Patron's Last Activity
14:41 kidclamp bug 14513
14:41 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14513 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , keep track of patron last activity
14:42 kidclamp would be nice to have those exist and update with sip login
14:42 marcelr and there is a pref with tracking
14:42 cait marcelr: i was thinking about koha reports :)
14:42 oleonard Agreed kidclamp
14:42 cait for hsoted libraries it's not easy to check syslogs
14:43 cait and we don't keep them for long - for privacy reasons
14:43 marcelr no true
14:43 LibraryClaire left #koha
14:43 marcelr ,
14:43 oleonard That might be a feature we could throw money at.
14:43 kidclamp kidclamp opens his money catching sack
14:43 marcelr you too throwing money (see ml)
14:46 jac joined #koha
14:52 eythian[…]-stolen.html?_r=0 <-- drojf has funding to provide too
14:56 oleonard I would not advise anyone trying to catch that coin in their catching sack.
15:00 kidclamp that's roughly like catching me
15:00 * kidclamp jumps!
15:02 reiveune bye
15:02 reiveune left #koha
15:03 marcelr dont throw with that coin eythian; shout first
15:03 marcelr bye #koha
15:03 eythian bye magnuse
15:03 eythian err
15:03 eythian marcelr
15:03 eythian[…]washitallaway.pdf a concise and interesting thing on how web browsers and such actually work
15:17 fridolin1 left #koha
15:23 caboose ^great article
15:28 Joubu bug 18347
15:28 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18347 blocker, P1 - high, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Hanging of the computer system having koha
15:28 * Joubu does not know what to answer
15:28 jbeno_away joined #koha
15:29 Joubu if someone feel inspired...
15:38 cait Joubu: hm let me try
15:38 * kidclamp deletes his draft
15:38 kidclamp :-)
15:39 cait oooh no post yours
15:39 cait i was just gong to say tht it sounds more like a general problem with the system and to try the mailing list/linux mailing list instead
15:39 * oleonard usually searches for a previous "this is not a support forum" bug comment and copies that
15:39 kidclamp I was going to say try the koha list instead of here
15:39 cait that's good too
15:39 * cait deletes her draft
15:39 kidclamp I will respond
15:48 cait kidclamp++
15:49 kidclamp cait++
15:49 kidclamp oleonard++
15:49 kidclamp Joubu++
15:49 kidclamp group effort
15:53 talljoy joined #koha
15:59 Joubu
15:59 wahanui are the better stats to optimise
15:59 Joubu 2 majors in QA I cannot QA
16:33 Joubu wahanui: while ( [bug 18329, bug 18131] not PQA ) { ping QAers; sleep 1h; }
16:33 wahanui Joubu: i'm not following you...
16:33 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18329 major, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Signed Off , Batch record deletion broken
16:33 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18131 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Matching staged records when using elastic search fails
16:40 talljoy joined #koha
17:01 tcohen joined #koha
17:01 ashimema haha
17:02 ashimema I love that while Joubu
17:02 tcohen hi
17:03 * ashimema grabs 18329
17:09 ashimema not so familiar with the other one.. and it's dinner time
17:10 kidclamp ashimema++
17:10 kidclamp meat me by a minute
17:11 kidclamp beat
17:12 tcohen hi kidclamp
17:12 kidclamp hi tcohen
17:18 sameeenz joined #koha
17:29 sameeenz joined #koha
17:48 ashimema hehe
17:51 francharb joined #koha
17:53 agoforth joined #koha
17:54 tcohen joined #koha
17:55 nengard joined #koha
18:04 kmlussier joined #koha
18:19 edveal left #koha
18:32 rocio joined #koha
18:37 jbeno joined #koha
18:48 talljoy joined #koha
19:07 kathryn joined #koha
19:24 cait joined #koha
19:31 rangi morning
19:41 a_goforth joined #koha
19:42 Joubu hi rangi :)
19:43 rangi heya Joubu :)
19:45 tcohen hi rangi
19:45 rangi oh I forgot to tell you tcohen
19:45 rangi cordoba athletic club were in wellington last weekend
19:45 tcohen !!
19:46 tcohen :-D
19:46 rangi I guess it was the rugby team
19:46 tcohen sure
19:46 tcohen there's rugby and hockey I think
19:46 rangi oh could have been hockey too
19:47 rangi i just saw them all getting off the bus, looked like the junior team
19:48 * cait waves
20:20 Francesca joined #koha
20:25 JesseM joined #koha
20:31 wizzyrea joined #koha
20:43 caboose-afk joined #koha
20:45 edveal joined #koha
21:03 kidclamp bye koha!
21:21 * rangi has a meeting bbl
21:27 tcohen joined #koha
21:44 caboose-afk joined #koha
21:44 kholt joined #koha
22:03 tcohen joined #koha
22:59 jamesb joined #koha
23:34 papa joined #koha
23:46 caboose-afk joined #koha
23:49 caboose-afk joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary