IRC log for #koha, 2016-08-22

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 jamesb joined #koha
00:46 chrisvella__ joined #koha
00:53 JoshB joined #koha
01:01 jcamins @later tell dcook It turned out I was too impatient to wait for a holiday to get that yoga DVD I was telling you about. Yay Vancouver!
01:01 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
01:08 rocio left #koha
02:17 Francesca joined #koha
02:21 Francesca joined #koha
03:17 drotsk joined #koha
03:25 aleisha joined #koha
04:08 Francesca joined #koha
04:16 irma joined #koha
05:56 Francesca joined #koha
06:10 cait joined #koha
06:39 morgane joined #koha
06:39 morgane hi #koha !
06:40 drojf joined #koha
06:40 drojf morning #koha
06:49 * cait waves
06:49 drojf hi cait :)
06:51 Francesca joined #koha
06:53 wilfrid joined #koha
07:08 reiveune joined #koha
07:08 reiveune hello
07:16 fridolin joined #koha
07:17 fridolin hie
07:17 sophie_m joined #koha
07:30 cdickinson_ joined #koha
07:33 LibraryClaire joined #koha
07:33 LibraryClaire morning #koha
07:36 alex_a joined #koha
07:55 eythian morning
07:55 LibraryClaire hi eythian
07:56 eythian howdy LibraryClaire
07:57 eythian @wunder ams
07:57 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Schiphol, Badhoevedorp, Netherlands is 17.8°C (9:52 AM CEST on August 22, 2016). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 17.0°C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1020 hPa (Rising).
07:57 eythian forecast for tomorrow is 27°. Wouldn't believe it from the weekend, which had torrential points.
07:57 LibraryClaire yeah we had some good rain, meant to hit 30 again on Wed I think and then back to storms Thurs...
07:57 LibraryClaire @wunder LCY
07:58 huginn LibraryClaire: The current temperature in London City, United Kingdom is 19.0°C (8:50 AM BST on August 22, 2016). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 78%. Dew Point: 15.0°C. Pressure: 30.21 in 1023 hPa (Steady).
08:02 aliki joined #koha
08:03 drojf joined #koha
08:03 drojf hello again
08:05 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
08:05 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Berlin Tegel, Germany is 17.0°C (9:50 AM CEST on August 22, 2016). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 30.21 in 1023 hPa (Steady).
08:05 LibraryClaire hi drojf
08:06 drojf hi LibraryClaire
08:10 eythian hi there drojf
08:14 drojf hi eythian
08:15 eythian[…]lectric-ladyland/ <-- did I make you all see my latest museum trip? Trip is bordering on literal here.
08:18 Francesca joined #koha
08:26 drojf eythian: looks fun :D
08:27 eythian it is, you should go
08:27 drojf is that a friend of yours or the guy running the place on the one picture?
08:28 eythian the guy running the place
08:30 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:31 gaetan_B hello
08:31 LibraryClaire hi gaetan_B
08:32 LibraryClaire eythian: pretty
08:41 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:51 mrangel joined #koha
08:53 * cait waves again
08:53 * cait puts a tray warm cherry vanilla muffins in the middle of #koha
08:54 * LibraryClaire runs off with muffins
08:58 cait hehe
08:58 cait bit greedy today? :P
08:59 * cait has to wait for the second tray to be done...
09:00 LibraryClaire :3
09:01 * LibraryClaire puts some back
09:01 drojf errr
09:01 drojf used muffins?
09:02 LibraryClaire hah
09:02 LibraryClaire no, just the ones I didn't eat :D
09:03 * LibraryClaire goes to make coffee
09:03 cait heh
09:12 sophie_m joined #koha
09:12 mrangel Hello, anyone knows where i cant find a how-to, tutorial or something like this, on how to enable rfid? (I already found thanks!
09:13 * LibraryClaire shares coffee
09:15 Francesca joined #koha
09:18 kmlussier joined #koha
10:05 alex_a joined #koha
10:07 khall joined #koha
10:13 morgane1 joined #koha
10:19 alex_a joined #koha
10:41 Joubu @later tell rangi I've just create a new commit for koha-dashboard but cannot merge request via gitlab (get a 404?!). It's the last commit of this branch:[…]commits/Add_1605x
10:41 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
10:41 Joubu create*d*
11:04 cait what are you adding? :)
11:08 cait @later tell tcohen ping!
11:08 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
11:29 Joubu cait: 16.05 and remove 3.18 in the build statuses
11:29 cait ah :)
11:40 nengard joined #koha
11:42 oleonard joined #koha
11:42 oleonard Hi #koha
11:42 meliss joined #koha
11:43 eythian oleopard: hi
11:45 cait hi oleonard
11:45 cait :)
11:45 LibraryClaire hi oleonard
11:46 cait i almost wrote oleopard
11:46 * cait blames LibraryClaire
11:47 LibraryClaire :D
11:50 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16960: Delete previous patron modifications <[…]83c65cc66278f2c37> / Bug 16960: Fix error on validating the registration <[…]3ecc542f084ffc851> / Bug 16960: Update 1 missing occurrence of GetModifications <;
11:50 marcelr joined #koha
11:57 ericar joined #koha
12:00 cait oleonard: still around?
12:00 NateC joined #koha
12:00 oleonard Yes
12:00 cait yay
12:00 cait one second
12:01 cait bug 8030
12:01 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8030 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , Change pickup location of a hold from patron record
12:01 cait there was a question about the icons for you
12:02 oleonard I'll take a look
12:03 cait thx
12:03 cait i am working on it, there is another issue i iwll note
12:04 rhamby joined #koha
12:07 DrLang joined #koha
12:10 Joubu @later tell khall please push follow-up on 17023
12:10 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
12:10 Joubu @later tell fredericd please push follow-up on 17023
12:10 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
12:11 fridolin joined #koha
12:29 kidclamp joined #koha
12:30 fridolin joined #koha
12:30 tcohen joined #koha
12:31 tcohen bonkour
12:31 tcohen cait: pong
12:31 kidclamp morning koha
12:31 tcohen hey kidclamp
12:31 wahanui i think kidclamp is the vm savior today!
12:31 kidclamp hah
12:32 LibraryClaire hi tcohen, hi kidclamp :)
12:33 kidclamp hi LibraryClaire tcohen et al
12:36 kidclamp cait, the '(set)' was meant to indicate which one is currently being used, I could just as easily use and asterisk '*' or something and avoid translation all together
12:36 tcohen Joubu: I think most of the stuff we do using Plugins should be done through the REST api
12:36 cait ah so i misunderstood
12:37 tcohen hi cait
12:37 cait hm not sure asterisk would work
12:37 cait maybe 'current'?
12:37 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
12:37 Joubu tcohen: I don't think so
12:37 kidclamp current works for me
12:37 Joubu Here you will have to hit 1 GET per result
12:38 drojf hello new people
12:38 kidclamp Joubu: nobody hates the person who puts things 'in discussion' it's the occasional lack of discussion that traps things there that is disliked
12:38 tcohen Joubu: if we think of moving to stuff like angular or react, the templates might stop being used
12:39 Joubu tcohen: it's only Monday, please keep these discussion for a Friday afternoon :d
12:39 tcohen ah, right :-D
12:39 cait you need beer to go with it?
12:39 cait or why friday? heh
12:39 nengard morning all
12:39 * LibraryClaire did not need a reminder it was Monday
12:39 * cait hands LibraryClaire another muffin
12:41 LibraryClaire :D
12:41 cait tcohen: bug 11592
12:41 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11592 major, P3, ---, mtompset, Signed Off , opac detail scripts do not respect MARC tag visibility
12:41 tcohen signed on a local branch already
12:41 tcohen I was wondering why mtompset did some weird thing
12:41 tcohen but I will just provide a followup
12:42 cait ok, so i will wiat for your note on the bug - thx!
12:43 cait will you QA? or do you want me to test the follow up?
12:43 tcohen cait: I'll QA it
12:43 cait even better :)
12:43 cait tcohen++
12:43 tcohen we just need to remove uneedwed extra processing he introduced
12:44 tcohen #koha: this is why I've been intermitently online the last 2 weeks
12:44 tcohen
12:44 cait it's finally done?
12:45 tcohen almost, we need to paint, and clean it all, but mostly, yeah!
12:46 drojf is there a reason not to make packages automatically restart memcached after an upgrade?
12:47 drojf it is what makes the webinstaller show over and over again after upgrade for 3.22.x
12:49 cait woohoo
12:49 cait congrats :)
12:49 * drojf breaks the ice at every party
12:49 Joubu oleonard: could you please have a look at bug 17157?
12:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17157 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , Middle click on dropdown menu in header may cause software error.
12:50 kidclamp congrats tcohen
12:52 oleonard Joubu: I was just looking at it. I think there are two issues: 1) How should we handle clicks on those menus in general, and 2) How should we perform error-checking on pages which expect to always receive certain parameters.
12:54 Joubu exactly
12:54 Joubu :)
12:55 Joubu oleonard: I think it would make sense to redirect to the adv search on middle click: we kept the old behavior (1 click to go to adv search)
12:55 Joubu but not sure about "More"
12:55 oleonard I agree
12:57 oleonard I think linking to the staff client home page is a good compromise.
13:00 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 17023: Repair "cancel" link <[…]ce0581e8fd6426b83>
13:04 edveal joined #koha
13:07 Joubu Does someone also receive emails like "New Panama Papers Series Exposes Secret Deals in Africa "?
13:08 drojf Joubu: i think i got that a while ago
13:09 Joubu I received it on my bugz email address, and in the email there is a "Click here for more details." with a link to http://iffoadatabase.trustafri[…]?biblionumber=740
13:09 JoshB joined #koha
13:09 drojf heh yes i had something like that
13:10 drojf oh i got one today with that too
13:10 drojf ended in junk, have not seen it
13:10 drojf i got a lot with koha links apparently. first was 9, may
13:11 marcelr can I trust that link Joubu .. LOL
13:12 LibraryClaire I didn't get anything like that. But I did get the offer of 40% of 37million if I send all my personal details to them. :P
13:12 drojf i have not tried it
13:12 marcelr eythian: it is a porsche
13:12 drojf Joubu: did you click it?
13:12 drojf it's in the logs now ^^
13:12 marcelr right
13:12 Joubu I did
13:13 marcelr brave
13:13 Joubu :)
13:13 Joubu "TrustAfrica is working to build an effective advocacy movement for  accountable economic governance to stem the tide of illicit financial  flows from the continent."
13:13 Joubu they should start with not spamming people
13:13 eythian marcelr: yes, but it almost says Rijksmuseumpolitie
13:13 marcelr you can still work three days on your laptop Joubu :)
13:14 marcelr eythian: and an old one too
13:14 marcelr we can put it under the Nachtwacht
13:14 eythian heh
13:16 eythian I think the Nachtwacht in Rembrantplein should open up, thunderbirds-style.
13:20 talljoy joined #koha
13:37 Baby joined #koha
13:40 mario joined #koha
14:07 alex_a joined #koha
14:07 barton @seen nengard
14:07 huginn barton: nengard was last seen in #koha 1 hour, 28 minutes, and 0 seconds ago: <nengard> morning all
14:08 barton nengard: bug 14504
14:08 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14504 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, barton, Passed QA , Add command-line script to batch delete items based on lost/withdrawn statuses
14:16 barbara joined #koha
14:16 sophie_m1 joined #koha
14:19 tcohen barton: maybe you could change the bug name, as the --where parameter can be anything
14:26 barton tcohen: bug 14504
14:26 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14504 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, barton, Passed QA , Add command-line script to batch delete items based on data in items table.
14:26 tcohen great
14:36 sophie_m joined #koha
14:41 rocio joined #koha
14:42 LibraryClaire @wunder LCY
14:42 huginn LibraryClaire: The current temperature in London City, United Kingdom is 25.0°C (3:20 PM BST on August 22, 2016). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 50%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 30.21 in 1023 hPa (Steady).
14:43 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
14:43 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Berlin Tegel, Germany is 24.0°C (4:20 PM CEST on August 22, 2016). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 44%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 30.24 in 1024 hPa (Steady).
14:43 oleonard @wunder 45701
14:43 huginn oleonard: The current temperature in Heatherstone, Athens, Ohio is 22.4°C (10:43 AM EDT on August 22, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 67%. Dew Point: 16.0°C. Pressure: 30.21 in 1023 hPa (Falling).
14:43 drojf @wunder txl
14:43 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Rue du Capitaine Jean Maridor, Berlin, Germany is 27.4°C (4:41 PM CEST on August 22, 2016). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 49%. Dew Point: 16.0°C. Pressure: 30.24 in 1024 hPa (Steady).
14:44 oleonard Nice and cool here today, after a month of punishing heat
14:44 LibraryClaire Berlin is confused about the weather then, huh
14:44 LibraryClaire we're about to have another heat blast in the next couple of days apparently
14:44 drojf we have different climate zones
14:44 LibraryClaire I see
14:45 drojf the more tropical airport and the mild berlin city center
14:47 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:50 reiveune bye
14:50 reiveune left #koha
14:51 morgane1 bye #hoka
14:51 tcohen bye!
14:51 morgane1 left #koha
14:58 amyk joined #koha
14:59 TGoat joined #koha
15:24 LibraryClaire laters #koha :)
15:24 oleonard Bye LibraryClaire
15:31 eythian crap, I think I just asked vim to repeat something 900 million times, several times over.
15:32 oleonard very thorough
15:34 alex_a_ joined #koha
15:39 barton eythian: oh, I hate that... I've done that by pasting in something with an initial number followed by something that was a valid vi command... not pretty.
15:39 eythian pretty much what I did here, pasted from a spreadsheet.
15:39 barton oy.
15:47 fridolin left #koha
15:52 oleonard kidclamp: What do you mean by "do you have the REST API running?"
15:52 kidclamp mojo should be set on packages now, but it wasn't before
15:53 kidclamp just making sure the rest api is accessible in general
15:53 kidclamp I don't get any errors
15:53 oleonard kidclamp: What do I need to check or turn on in order to test that bug?
15:54 kidclamp oleonard, visit http://localhost:8081/api/v1/holds
15:54 kidclamp or wherever your staff interface is
15:54 kidclamp if you get a list of holds then you are all set
15:55 oleonard I get a 404 error
15:56 kidclamp sign in to opac first, then disable SessionRestrictionByIP
15:56 kidclamp sing in to staff that is
15:56 kidclamp do you have plack enabled?
15:57 kidclamp if on gitifed (kohadevbox) also need to copy over the files as in this bug: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=17030
15:57 oleonard I don't know at the moment. Should I?
15:57 huginn Bug 17030: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Stable , Configure the REST api on packages install
15:59 tcohen latest kohadevbox:master is setting the master nightly repos, so the API should be available
15:59 tcohen oleonard: what are you trying to do?
15:59 kidclamp I think either way should be fine, under plack you hit bug 17050 (that is why disable SessionRestrictByIP)
15:59 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17050 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Accessing the REST API through Plack kicks the session out
15:59 kidclamp tcohen, but only on a newly created box right? otherwise you have to copy the files
16:00 tcohen true
16:00 tcohen well
16:00 tcohen no
16:00 tcohen if you reprovision, it should upgrade the packages
16:00 kidclamp ah
16:00 kidclamp I should probably make that habit
16:00 kidclamp I just up it
16:00 tcohen so /etc/koha/apache-*.conf get updated
16:00 tcohen BUT
16:00 DrLang joined #koha
16:01 tcohen I now recall instance's plack.psgi needs to be adjusted manually
16:01 tcohen (because the gitified setup puts a instance-specific plack.psgi)
16:01 kidclamp that makes sense
16:02 tcohen Joubu: can I mark 17050 PQA?
16:02 tcohen maybe ashimema could take a look just in case?
16:02 DrLang Is there a way in Kona to restrict accessing online content to registered users?
16:02 tcohen DrLang: defined online content
16:03 DrLang Content linked to in the catalog record
16:03 kidclamp can the raptor 404 page be customized? it is a bit confusing as there is no koha mention anywhere
16:03 tcohen kidclamp: should ask jajm or ashimema
16:04 kidclamp @later tell jajm can the raptor 404 page be directed to a koha page?
16:04 huginn kidclamp: The operation succeeded.
16:04 kidclamp @later tell ashimema  can the raptor 404 page be directed to a koha page?
16:04 huginn kidclamp: The operation succeeded.
16:04 kidclamp did we help at all oleonard ?
16:05 oleonard still trying to follow those instructions
16:05 tcohen oleonard: you have a dev setup on a virtualbox machine, right?
16:05 kidclamp DrLang, you can hide content with JS (not really secure) or direct to a login page but you can't limit access directly thorugh koha
16:05 tcohen on windows?
16:06 tcohen oleonard: a regular dev install should give you a working REST api
16:06 tcohen maybe you need to reinstall
16:06 DrLang Thank you
16:06 oleonard tcohen: I have a gitified package installation in a VM on Windows
16:07 tcohen well
16:07 tcohen you should add drojfs repo
16:07 tcohen and upgrade
16:07 tcohen do u happen to run plack?
16:07 oleonard Last time I tried it didn't seem like kohadevbox worked on Windows
16:07 tcohen oleonard: it doesn't
16:07 kidclamp it doesn't oleonard, because of ansible
16:07 tcohen because ansible cannot be ran on windows
16:07 kidclamp jinx
16:08 tcohen but we will find a way, soon
16:08 oleonard So I can't communicate in real time with faraway planets and bypass the speed of light limitation
16:08 tcohen hehe
16:09 tcohen I think we will eventually ship kohadevbox in a docker container or a vagrant box
16:09 kidclamp tcohen, barton mentioned packer a while back, so we could potentially autocreate OVA files from a kohadevbox
16:09 oleonard What's this about adding drojf's repo?
16:10 kidclamp oleonard:
16:12 kidclamp add those to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list
16:13 nengard barton I'm here
16:13 kidclamp or I guess replace the entry there
16:13 kidclamp then you need to upgrade the koha package
16:18 drojf oleonard: what is the question?
16:18 wahanui well, the question is "What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?"
16:18 oleonard drojf: I'm trying to get the REST api working in my gitified package installation and tcohen said I should add your repo
16:20 drojf oleonard: ah, ok. did you manage or do you need help? you just need to add a line to yout /etc/aptz/source.list or /etc/apt/ or where your other koha repo is
16:20 drojf sorry, sucky typing :)
16:20 oleonard That's all I need to do?
16:21 * oleonard is not moving quickly due to too much task-switching
16:23 nengard barton great news on that patch!!!
16:24 jls joined #koha
16:24 gaetan_B bye
16:25 drojf oleonard: yes. "deb unstable main" in addition to the normal koha unstable repo. and then do an apt-get update. that should do
16:25 oleonard Thanks drojf
16:25 drojf somebody is using it. exciting :D
16:26 oleonard So now I can phone you any time night or day with questions?
16:27 drojf oleonard: you can certainly try :D
16:27 drojf there is not much to ask i guess. it is just a newer version of the master build
16:34 barton|lunch nengard: yeah, that definitely had the w00t-nature :-)
16:35 nengard :)
16:35 nengard @barton++
16:35 huginn nengard: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
16:35 nengard barton++
16:40 kidclamp brb
16:43 cait joined #koha
16:59 z0k joined #koha
17:16 tcohen @seen mtompset
17:16 huginn tcohen: mtompset was last seen in #koha 1 week, 0 days, 23 hours, 51 minutes, and 17 seconds ago: <mtompset> ^dat^day^ :)
17:17 cait tcohen: i got a question
17:17 cait ar you around?
17:17 * tcohen hides
17:17 cait heh
17:17 cait bug 8030
17:17 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8030 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , Change pickup location of a hold from patron record
17:17 cait in my understanding the restful api was optional
17:17 cait ?
17:18 tcohen interesting question
17:18 tcohen what should we do if people start using the REST api to implement things
17:19 * kidclamp thinks he is a guinea pig
17:19 tcohen right now, I can say the REST api is fully integrated on all install methods
17:19 tcohen so, it is available on master setups
17:19 tcohen and 16.11 will have it enabled, because it is installed and configured
17:20 tcohen is it a statisfactory answer?
17:22 tcohen cait?
17:22 wahanui cait is the best friend you could ever have.
17:22 cait reading
17:23 cait what's with the dependencies, is that all solved
17:23 cait ?
17:23 cait i thought the idea was to have it as a separate app
17:23 tcohen it has been
17:23 cait but no longer?
17:23 tcohen not sure current master
17:23 tcohen drojf?
17:23 wahanui drojf is from Germany and developing Koha on a raspberry pi!
17:24 tcohen cait: current master packages include everything
17:24 tcohen that's what the devbox does
17:24 tcohen install koha-common
17:24 cait yeah packages
17:24 cait what about tarballs?
17:24 tcohen people using tarballs can install koha-perldeps of course
17:24 cait do we have instructions on how to activate the api?
17:25 tcohen the configuration files already include everything that is needed
17:26 tcohen just to make it clear, the REST api has been inside Koha since 3.22.00
17:26 tcohen the question now is what if people write patches that make use of it
17:26 tcohen[…]fc7e;hb=HEAD#l117
17:27 tcohen that's the tarball's koha-httpd.conf file, that points to the API
17:27 tcohen in both the staff and OPAC
17:27 cait ok
17:27 tcohen interfaces
17:27 cait so it will automatically activate?
17:27 cait my question is - if we make this mandatory
17:27 tcohen I recently wrote a couple patches that set things up for packages
17:27 cait we should probably amend any installation instructions
17:27 tcohen which was the missing piece
17:28 cait and i need help in activating it on a git installation or at least a pointer to some instructions
17:28 tcohen people doing source installs should probably tweak their apache files
17:28 cait well you can't really expect that without telling them anything about it
17:28 tcohen but people on packages would get them patched automatically
17:28 tcohen wether they use plack or not
17:29 tcohen whether
17:35 cait sorry kidclamp :)
17:35 cait the good thing is, the meeting is in 2 days
17:36 * kidclamp shrugs
17:36 kidclamp I kind of wondered how it would go when i switched over
17:36 kidclamp but better to have the discussion and get it in use
17:38 * oleonard is still getting a 404 when trying to access /api/v1/holds
17:39 cait kidclamp: i will also try to activate it
17:39 cait oleonard: did you activate it alredy? or are you using kohadevbox?
17:39 kidclamp cait bug 17030 should help
17:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17030 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Stable , Configure the REST api on packages install
17:39 kidclamp and turn off restrictsessionbyip so to avoid bug 17050
17:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17050 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Accessing the REST API through Plack kicks the session out
17:39 cait kidclamp: not so much worried about me than about normal users - i think we can't just do this silently
17:39 cait we should make it a decision and then add to instructions etc
17:40 cait and we are also making mojolicious mandatory
17:40 wahanui okay, cait.
17:40 cait and all the other dependencies that come with it
17:40 kidclamp I think it should work silently for most users, gitified instances will be the porblem
17:40 * oleonard is used to be a porblem
17:40 cait standard git too apparently :)
17:42 kidclamp typing--
17:42 * kidclamp has a bad case of the Mondays
17:43 * cait had Monday off
17:43 cait i am so confused.
17:44 cait kidclamp: i think your suggestion about the academy keyword got a bit lost last meeting
17:44 cait people didn't know what you meant - shoudl we readd that too?
17:44 kidclamp we can bring that up this time
17:44 kidclamp I should be present
17:46 kmlussier joined #koha
17:48 cait hm mojolicious is not required in the
17:51 cait kidclamp: i iwill be too
17:51 cait i missed lat time as well
17:56 oleonard Dev meeting  24 August 2016, 7 UTC? Is that correct?
17:57 kidclamp oh yeah, is 3am, I will be there but may be a bit sleepy
17:57 oleonard 3AM is a no-go for me, sorry!
17:58 kidclamp aren't you central? so 2am?
17:58 cait ugh
17:58 kidclamp oh ohio, nvm
17:58 cait i9 am for me
17:58 cait can hardly complain
17:58 oleonard Ohio is Eastern, despite everyone saying Ohio is in the "Midwest."
17:59 oleonard I think the term "midwest" must have come into use before the Louisiana purchase.
18:10 jcamins oleonard: it's the Cleveland twang that got Ohio grouped into the midwest.
18:16 * cait is confused
18:17 jcamins cait: there is no Cleveland twang.
18:18 liw confused: adj. two conferenced joined together into one
18:20 * cait hides
18:20 * oleonard thinks jcamins must get bored sitting around waiting for just the right moment to say something in #koha
18:20 jcamins oleonard: you do seem to take an awfully long time to feed me appropriate straight lines.
18:22 jcamins But, actually, it's more that mosh doesn't work at the office and our VPN's constant flapping means that I don't have irssi up most of the time.
18:24 liw jcamins, ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
18:24 drojf joined #koha
18:25 * liw is in a silly mood today
18:26 jcamins liw: me too. I'm blaming my presence on #koha.
18:27 liw I gave a nostalgic talk today and it seems to have been funny in the right way ("with me", not "at me"), and so I spread my questionable humour to all the places
18:27 liw but ignore me, and concentrate on making Koha awesomerest
18:38 * druthb blames cait and jcamins for her presence here, mostly.
18:39 cait :P
18:44 oleonard For libraries who use  BiblioAddsAuthorities, do they first generate authorities from their existing bibliographic records?
18:47 cait i seem to remember that there was no feature in koha to do that
18:47 cait but some external script maybe?
18:47 ashimema_ joined #koha
18:48 oleonard Seems like it would be a logical counterpart to BiblioAddsAuthorities, especially for a library first setting up a catalog
18:51 jcamins fredericd wrote a script that did that.
18:51 jcamins I believe it used Moose.
18:51 cait hm yeah i think he has it public somewhere
18:52 jcamins Yeah, I used it.
18:52 cdickinson_ joined #koha
18:54 oleonard misc/
18:55 cait you need to have authority records for that
18:55 cait it just adds the links ($9)
18:55 cait jcamins?
18:55 wahanui jcamins is probably the brilliant and irascible President of the United States.
18:56 oleonard Oh nice jcamins got a promotion.
18:56 drojf joined #koha
18:56 cait heh
18:57 jcamins wahanui: literal jcamins
18:57 wahanui jcamins: jcamins =is= RM for 3.12, and just about the only one crazy enough to work on major projects in both authorities and search.|brilliant|too young to be the President of the United States.  Which is a pity, because he had the votes at the 3.12 election.|very, very irascible.|the brilliant and irascible President of the United States.|<reply> 'scuse me while I cue up "Hail to the Chief!"|a spoilsport|<reply>ask him about serials and/or acquisi
18:58 oleonard A complicated man.
19:00 oleonard Bye all
19:01 druthb wahanui: literal druthb
19:01 wahanui druthb: druthb =is= <reply> She's really more trouble than she's worth, you know?|an amazing person
19:01 * druthb chuckles
19:01 druthb wahanui:  literal cait
19:01 wahanui druthb: cait =is= the best friend you could ever have.
19:01 druthb YAS.
19:16 sophie_m joined #koha
19:19 tcohen bye #koha
19:19 cait now he was too fast
19:23 mrangel joined #koha
19:50 cait left #koha
19:50 cait1 joined #koha
20:21 LibraryClaire joined #koha
20:33 cait joined #koha
20:38 cait left #koha
20:47 kathryn joined #koha
21:05 CrispyBran joined #koha
21:07 CrispyBran Anyone here familiar with SIP?
21:12 JoshB left #koha
21:41 kidclamp joined #koha
21:50 wizzyrea CrispyBran: depends, what's your problem?
22:02 CrispyBran I think I found the bug already.  https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=15438
22:02 huginn Bug 15438: critical, P3, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Checking out an on-hold item sends holder's borrowernumber in AF (screen message) field.
22:02 CrispyBran It's causing issues on our self check.
22:03 CrispyBran I'll just have to wait for a fix.
22:03 CrispyBran Gotta run.  See you folks.
22:28 wizzyrea ah yeah I've heard of that.
22:53 Francesca joined #koha
23:22 jcamins wizzyrea: you have an absurd number of electronic devices. How do you deal with storing them on your desk?
23:27 wizzyrea erm
23:27 wizzyrea well, I don't store them on my desk, for one.
23:27 wizzyrea and actually you'd probably be alarmed at how few gadgets I routinely use now >..
23:27 wizzyrea >.>
23:27 jcamins wizzyrea: how do you put books on them, then?
23:28 wizzyrea believe it or not, I read paper books!
23:28 wizzyrea because I can't get behind encouraging libraries to use adobe digital editions
23:28 wizzyrea and I use linux and it doesn't work
23:28 jcamins They weigh too much for me.
23:29 wizzyrea (basically, I refuse to give them a stat for ebook usage)
23:29 wizzyrea and eh I don't really buy ebooks because I don't feel like I own anything. It'd be different if they sold me a paper copy with a digital edition
23:29 wizzyrea yeah I can sympathise with the weight problem
23:30 jcamins I only use library ebooks, mostly. One can't own an ebook these days. :(
23:31 wizzyrea it's pretty challenging to own bits.
23:31 jcamins I don't know... it seems pretty straightforward to me in the abstract.
23:34 jcamins wizzyrea: I have a phone and two tablets, all of which get books copied on by hand.
23:34 wizzyrea owning them is fine, making money off of them as a finite resource is challenging
23:35 wizzyrea that sounds hard :(
23:35 wizzyrea anyway, in terms of charging,  i found a pamphlet stand that had some holes in the back big enough for cords to go through
23:35 wizzyrea we used that for a charging station for a while
23:36 jcamins wizzyrea: a bit, but doing it automatically entails using a service that gives someone else direct access to my tablets' hard drives.
23:36 wizzyrea[…]ic.t8CoqESVkB.jpg similar but not exactly like
23:37 wizzyrea do the tablets connect to the internet?
23:37 wizzyrea bc uh, if they do, you're already doing that :/
23:37 jcamins No.
23:37 jcamins Well, one doesn't.
23:38 wizzyrea ah, safe then :)
23:38 jcamins The other one was $30, so... meh.
23:38 Francesca joined #koha
23:39 jcamins The phone has internet access, of course, but I never figured out how to automatically copy books to it, anyway.
23:41 wizzyrea yeah sorry I don't have solutions for you there :(
23:42 jcamins No problem. I just had a vague recollection of you having more devices than people in your household, so I figured you would have a good way of storing said devices.
23:44 jcamins (we now also have more devices than people in our household, FYI)
23:48 papa joined #koha
23:50 wizzyrea oh, that was probably true at one point :)
23:50 wizzyrea it's still probably technically true
23:50 wizzyrea (especially if you count laptops/desktops/tablets/phones which... uh I guess you would.)
23:51 wizzyrea dunno, guess I don't feel device overload at the moment :)
23:52 jcamins Oh, I feel like we have the right number of devices. I just want them to take up less space on my desk.
23:53 jcamins I guess one option would be to get one of those things that you had, and put it on the wall behind my desk. That might be nice.
23:55 jcamins That might be a good option. I just have to find a way to get the cables to stay in the slots.

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary