IRC log for #koha, 2016-04-28

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 papa joined #koha
00:14 rocio left #koha
00:26 chrisvella_ joined #koha
00:44 oleonard joined #koha
00:52 jamesb_ joined #koha
01:00 BobB joined #koha
01:03 irma joined #koha
02:11 dcook joined #koha
02:50 Oak joined #koha
02:52 * Oak waves
02:52 Oak Happy Birthday jcamins,.
02:54 dcook That email from Larry Letelier <> was neat
02:54 dcook Who knew that Chile stopped using daylight savings time in 2015?
02:54 * dcook didn't
02:54 dcook @later tell eythian I think that might be the opposite of consolation :p.
02:54 huginn` dcook: The operation succeeded.
02:55 dcook joined #koha
02:55 dcook @later tell drojf Fascinating. I wonder if the Debian team fixed libhttp-oai-perl then...
02:55 huginn` dcook: The operation succeeded.
02:56 dcook @later tell drojf What do you mean when you say that you can build catmandu-oai? You can build it from CPAN on Debian Testing? Or on Jessie?
02:56 huginn` dcook: The operation succeeded.
03:05 kathryn joined #koha
03:27 geek_cl Off-Topic: who uses Atom text editor?
03:34 dcook Oh that's really neat, geek_cl
03:34 dcook I actually just had an urgent matter come up... but I can send off what I have so far
03:38 dcook Yikes...  Koha might not like Perl 5.22...
03:38 dcook Or at least openSUSE and Perl 5.22...
03:39 dcook Wait... this is actually one of the few Debian boxes I have..
03:44 blou_ joined #koha
03:44 francharb_ joined #koha
04:10 Oak when applying a patch, what does it mean" CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog​/en/includes/
04:11 Oak Bug 16369
04:11 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16369 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Clean up and improve plugins template
04:11 Oak report to Owen?
04:12 rangi yep and set it to patch does not apply
04:12 Oak okay cool.
04:19 thd-away` joined #koha
04:29 thd-away joined #koha
04:34 chrisvella___ hey everyone
04:34 wahanui everyone is doin' the hot new dance the Cracked Out Kitty Tail Shiver
04:34 chrisvella___ quick question, does anyone know how to display all search results in a single page with Koha?
04:40 magnuse joined #koha
04:52 dcook chrisvella___: Don't think you can do that
04:52 dcook Partially since Koha would probably explode if you tried
04:52 chrisvella___ hahaha
04:52 chrisvella___ damn it
04:52 chrisvella___ cheers Dcook
04:52 dcook Why do you need it in Koha?
04:52 dcook no worries :)
04:53 chrisvella___ we want to extract a list of particular titles
04:53 dcook to what end? Could you just use yaz-client for that?
04:53 chrisvella___ in a way thats automatically updated
04:53 dcook Mmm
04:53 chrisvella___ so I know we could generate a report
04:54 chrisvella___ but that will take the staff too long to do
04:54 dcook I'd say RSS and a search for those particular titles?
04:54 chrisvella___ so I was hoping I could hack a search in koha (using a saved url), then apply some js to tidy up the results
04:54 chrisvella___ yea I was considering that...
04:55 dcook I reckon that's your best bet
04:55 chrisvella___ cheers dcook. that gives me something to work with
04:55 Oak but... can't you export a report result as spreadsheet?
04:56 dcook Oooh there are also public reports
04:56 dcook You save the SQL, and then use a AJAX request to get it... that could maybe work
04:56 chrisvella___ thats a great idea
04:56 dcook I mean... leveraging Zebra probably better than trying to use the SQL, but you could do that too..
04:56 chrisvella___ Oak yes we could, but the client wants it all within Koha
04:57 Oak hmm
04:57 * dcook points to his comments :p
04:57 dcook I mean... if it's a large database, that query would also be a beast
04:57 * dcook always forgets about public SQL reports..
04:57 chrisvella___ I am reading about that now
04:58 chrisvella___ looks really hopeful
04:58 dcook You get the result as JSON I think and then you can do whatever
04:58 dcook I think it might cache results actually to get around that performance overhead..
04:58 chrisvella___ interesting...
04:58 wahanui interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
05:14 francharb_ joined #koha
05:22 drojf joined #koha
05:22 drojf morning
05:22 Oak Ahoy drojf
05:23 drojf hi Oak
06:06 drojf joined #koha
06:30 marcelr joined #koha
06:31 marcelr hi #koha
06:31 dcook yo marcelr
06:31 marcelr :)
06:34 laurence joined #koha
06:39 * magnuse waves
06:41 * dcook waves
06:41 reiveune joined #koha
06:41 marcelr hi magnuse
06:42 reiveune hello
06:42 wahanui hey, reiveune
06:42 magnuse hiya dcook marcelr reiveune
06:42 dcook If anyone doesn't have a good handle of time, enjoy https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=16376
06:42 huginn` Bug 16376: critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Koha::Calendar->is_holiday date truncation creates fatal errors for TZ America/Santiago
06:43 dcook If you do have a good handle of time, and understand why there is a date truncation in Koha::Calendar->is_holiday, I'd be so grateful to hear about it :D
06:43 * dcook grumbles about impossible times
06:43 magnuse sounds innaresting :-)
06:43 dcook It really is
06:43 dcook I mean... the fact that certain local times don't exist... *mind blown*
06:43 dcook But it creates massive problems in Koha in Chile :(
06:43 magnuse :-(
06:44 dcook Well, so long as their is an overdue before a DST+1 shift and the present
06:44 dcook Which would happen in the case of a long overdue or an overdue around that DST shift in the latter part of the year
06:45 dcook I don't really get the use of DateTime->truncate in that case... as I would think you'd only truncate a date before comparing two datetimes...
06:45 dcook Ahhh... which is probably what is happening under the hood
06:45 dcook Blarrrrrrg
06:45 dcook So that should really be done with a 'floating' datetime..
06:49 dcook Except you can't because of the other subs used in Koha::Calendar
06:49 dcook Yikes!
06:49 * dcook seems to recall mentioning that timezones would be a serious issue in Koha back in September or October...
06:49 dcook October
06:49 dcook And being told that it wouldn't be a problem :p
06:50 dcook I can see why people store datetime in UTC and not local time in a database...
06:56 * magnuse cheers dcook on
06:56 alex_a joined #koha
06:56 dcook hehe
06:56 dcook Oh God...
06:56 dcook I have enough work to do already
06:57 dcook Troubleshooting that problem... how could I not?
06:57 dcook But fixing it... that's way harder
06:57 alex_a bonjour
06:57 dcook Or at least more intimidating
06:57 dcook yo alex_a
06:57 alex_a dcook: \o
06:57 dcook The other thing is that unless we all agree on how to handle time in Koha... we're going to run into these problems again and again
06:58 dcook And because we've used local time all over the place... it makes things less than ideal to sort out now
06:58 dcook I wonder how many timezones Turkey has..
06:58 dcook Only one I think..
06:58 dcook I don't know how you could ever use Koha in a place with multiple time zones
06:58 dcook Well, you might be able to hack something together...
06:59 * dcook will stop monologuing :p
06:59 * dcook is a little bit passionate about time
07:04 cdickinson joined #koha
07:04 marcelr wow dcook
07:05 marcelr so quiet..
07:06 dcook hehe
07:06 dcook I take it everyone missed me when I was away for 6 weeks with the baby? ;)
07:11 Oak ooh how is the baby?
07:11 Oak magnuse
07:11 Oak hello alex_a, marcelr
07:12 marcelr hi Oak
07:13 dcook Baby is well :)
07:13 Oak cool :)
07:18 dcook On that note, I should return home to them!
07:18 dcook ta
07:27 magnuse Oak:
07:27 magnuse s/://
07:36 ibeardsl1e joined #koha
07:51 paul_p joined #koha
07:51 kathryn joined #koha
08:09 LibraryClaire joined #koha
08:12 LibraryClaire morning
08:17 Oak joined #koha
08:31 Francesca joined #koha
08:33 cait joined #koha
08:43 amyk-away joined #koha
08:57 Francesca joined #koha
08:57 andreashm joined #koha
08:58 * andreashm waves
09:00 * magnuse waves then wanders off to a rare irl meeting
09:03 andreashm quiet morning here? but notice some action in bugzilla, so that's good.
09:13 cait a lot of action in bugzilla :)
09:13 cait marcelr++
09:14 cait marcelr: I created the branch for the opac suppression bug before i went to bed last night - was going to start there today :)
09:21 marcelr hi cait
09:21 marcelr i want to finish that now
09:21 cait of course
09:21 cait just funny it was the same bug again
09:21 marcelr hehe
09:21 marcelr i failed it before one time
09:21 cait i will leave a note too on the first on i start with today
09:22 marcelr great
09:22 marcelr i have bug 16155 for you :)
09:22 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16155 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, Signed Off , Composite keys in TestBuilder and more
09:22 marcelr i will not qa that one
09:22 cait it scared me a bit to be honest
09:22 marcelr it should not
09:22 cait i was hoping someoen who knows more about testbuilder could take a look
09:23 marcelr tomas already did; i will ask him again
09:37 cait looking at bug 16373
09:37 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16373 blocker, P3, ---, gmcharlt, Signed Off , reports success but files are not merged
09:40 * cait wants to cry
09:40 cait now authority merge is broken again
09:41 cait hm might b the record
09:42 cait ok, was the record.
09:46 atheia joined #koha
09:46 marcelr cait++
09:46 marcelr i picked bug 15532
09:46 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15532 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Add ability to allow only items whose home/holding branch matches the hold's pickup branch to fill a given hold
09:47 cait 16372 next
09:51 cait marcelr: i started working on this yesterday - but didn't get very far, only some first checks of the gui in circulation rules
09:52 marcelr yeah this will be time consuming
09:52 marcelr but several others depend on it again
09:52 cait yeah
09:52 cait it will also make a library very happy if those could pass
09:55 cait 16360 next
09:59 cait bug 16378 looks as a good candidate for a sign-off if somoene is free
09:59 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16378 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Can't call method "store" without a package or object reference
10:01 cait 16363 next
10:08 cait morning khall :)
10:08 khall mornin!
10:11 cait 16080 next
10:12 cait marcelr and I are having a QA party
10:12 marcelr fun with holds etc
10:12 marcelr hi khall
10:12 khall mornin!
10:18 cait khall: grab a bug and join the fun ;)
10:18 khall heh, will do!
10:18 cait confetti!
10:18 wahanui confetti is[…]1qh8hleo1_400.gif
10:32 cait 13877 next
10:36 cait Jacek++
10:44 amyk-away joined #koha
10:45 Francesca joined #koha
10:48 cait 12721 next
10:49 khall looking at 16170
11:01 khall afk, bbiab!
11:27 cait 10171 next
11:28 cait 40 bugs signed off... the 3... is close!
11:38 oleonard joined #koha
11:39 oleonard Hi #koha
11:46 barton morning oleonard!
11:46 oleonard Hi barton
11:46 barton @seen magnus
11:46 huginn` barton: magnus was last seen in #koha 2 years, 51 weeks, 4 days, 3 hours, 20 minutes, and 48 seconds ago: <magnus> hehe
11:47 oleonard @seen magnuse
11:47 huginn` oleonard: magnuse was last seen in #koha 2 hours, 46 minutes, and 6 seconds ago: * magnuse waves then wanders off to a rare irl meeting
11:47 barton oh.
11:47 barton heh.
11:47 irma joined #koha
11:49 meliss joined #koha
11:56 barton @later tell magnuse working on ... what is the minimum version of vagrant for kohadevbox?
11:56 huginn` barton: The operation succeeded.
12:02 cait morning barton and oleonard :)
12:02 barton morning cait!
12:13 marcelr looking at bug 16378
12:13 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16378 blocker, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Signed Off , Can't call method "store" without a package or object reference
12:14 cait cool, thx marcelr
12:14 cait marcelr++
12:14 alex_a joined #koha
12:15 cait marcelr: khall was faster
12:15 khall heh
12:15 marcelr khall++
12:15 marcelr 10 sec spoiled
12:15 marcelr lol
12:16 khall looking at 16300
12:16 marcelr bug 16300
12:16 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16300 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Remove the use of "onclick" from circulation and fine rules template
12:16 marcelr cait: below 40 now
12:17 cait :)
12:17 cait having some soup, will rejoin the party in a little bit
12:18 khall bug 15581
12:18 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15581 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Signed Off , Add a circ rule to limit the auto renewals given a delay
12:18 cait 37 even
12:18 cait go qa peeps!
12:19 cait just to keep it safe - i was almost done with 10171
12:21 marcelr qa: looking  at bug 7560
12:21 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7560 minor, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , SIP Self Checkout Ignoring Fines Thresholds for Not Being able to Check Out Books
12:21 cait marcel the brave :)
12:23 oleonard qa_team++
12:25 cait oleonard: it's fun to watch you and aleisha prettying up things :)
12:25 oleonard It's a shame our hours don't overlap more
12:25 cait gui_team++
12:25 cait yeah that's true
12:26 cait do yo get to see her in your afternoons/evenings?
12:26 oleonard Not during my work day. If I come in during my evening I might.
12:27 cait hm yeah - daylight savings here mean i see the nzers only if i stay up late
12:27 cait ... which is the normal thing... but it's still a bit strange
12:27 cait is this bag's day?[…]fo/zeitzone/utc-7
12:28 ericar joined #koha
12:29 oleonard Yes, GMT -7 is where bag is.
12:29 cait ok, some time left then... let's see if we can get his queue up to 100+ ... ;)
12:30 cait what happened to the patron qick add?
12:30 cait bug 3534
12:30 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3534 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Failed QA , Patron quick add form
12:31 cait ah
12:31 oleonard I can't win them all.
12:31 oleonard I'll take another look at it today
12:32 cait was just wondering - looking at my bug list from a few days ago
12:35 khall bug 15564
12:35 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15564 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , Display "print slip" option when returning an item which is in a rotating collection
12:35 cait cool, i was going to ask you for that one :)
12:36 cait 13961 next
12:36 Oak joined #koha
12:36 * Oak waves
12:37 paul_p joined #koha
12:38 oleonard Hi Oak
12:38 Oak oleonard, I'd love to submit the follow up patch for bug 11088, as soon as I figure out how to do it.... I mean, I don't know how those patch files get generated with those line add remove (+ / -) things.
12:38 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11088 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, aleishaamohia, Needs Signoff , Patron entry page should use floating toolbar like cataloging interface
12:38 Oak I'll consult wiki now.
12:40 oleonard Oak: I suggested it so that you could get credit as the author
12:40 Oak yup :) I know.
12:40 cait Oak: how did you set up your koha installation?
12:41 Oak cait, it's kohadevbox.
12:41 Oak using vagrant...
12:41 cait hm sad no tcohen is here
12:41 cait i thik all you probably need to do is set your git config
12:41 cait to yoru name and email
12:41 cait and you might be ready to go
12:42 cait someone else using kohadevbox?
12:42 Oak alright, let me check.
12:43 cait https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Control_Using_Git
12:43 oleonard Bug 16080 was very satisfying. I love deleting cruft.
12:43 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16080 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , Remove unused images from the staff client
12:44 cait 34 now in the queue :)
12:44 amyk-away joined #koha
12:47 oleonard Is this an impromptu QA party or a planned one?
12:47 khall bug 14834
12:47 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14834 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, Signed Off , Make membership_expiry cronjob more flexible
12:47 cait not really planned
12:47 cait even happier for it :)
12:54 magnuse joined #koha
12:54 * magnuse waves again
12:55 magnuse barton: "minimum version of vagrant for kohadevbox?" truth is, i don't know
12:57 Oak cait, or oleonard, for follow up patch, what I'll need to do is checkout a branch for it, apply Aleisha's patch, then make my own changes, and the create a patch and use git send-email?
12:57 barton magnuse: that seems to be the consensus ;-) ... presumably it's somewhere between the version that ships in wheezy aaaaand ... something else.
12:58 cait Oak: when you have the patch committed
12:58 cait try git bz attach -e bugnumber HEAD
12:58 barton ... whatever the current version was on the vagrant web site when the project started.
12:58 cait we don't use the email anymore andthe devboxis probably not set up to send any
12:58 Oak okay cait
12:59 cait git bz allows you to upload to bugzilla directly
12:59 Oak alright
12:59 cait Oak: and for making your branch: git bz apply bugnumber will get the patches and apply them
12:59 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:02 tcohen joined #koha
13:02 cait wow 31
13:03 tcohen guten morgen
13:03 wahanui well, guten morgen is german :)
13:04 cait morning tcohen!
13:04 magnuse barton: yes ;-)
13:04 cait khall: you stole my bug! :)
13:04 khall ack, sorry!
13:04 cait i have something to add too
13:05 khall I don't pay enough attention to the board ; )
13:05 barton gruss dich, tcohen!
13:05 cait khall: that's ok
13:05 khall we need a new status "QA In Process" ; )
13:05 cait i was looking into having it format the output -like we do for item.fine
13:05 cait items.fine
13:05 cait i left a comment on the bug ;)
13:05 khall cait: yes, that's a very good though!
13:06 cait maybe a big sign heh :)
13:06 cait i'll finish
13:06 cait and add my notes too
13:07 NateC joined #koha
13:13 marcelr tcohen++
13:13 marcelr khall++
13:14 JoshB joined #koha
13:15 janPasi__ joined #koha
13:18 khall bug 12532
13:18 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12532 new feature, P5 - low, ---, maxime.beaulieu, Signed Off , Redirect guarantee email to guarantor
13:18 khall unless cait is looking at it ; )
13:18 cait hehe
13:19 cait actually i thought i would just starting to look at one of yours :)
13:19 khall excellent!
13:19 cait marcelr: do you want to continue with holds later? or shall i take 15533?
13:19 marcelr cait: go ahead; i will dive into sip :)
13:20 cait ok
13:20 cait bug 15533 next
13:20 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15533 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Allow patrons and librarians to select itemtype when placing hold
13:21 Oak cait, before I do the attach..HEAD, I'll do git commit --amend -s?
13:23 oleonard "--amend -s" is for signing off on someone else's patch
13:23 Oak yeah, that's what it looked like.
13:23 cait joined #koha
13:24 oleonard Oak did you already commit your changes?
13:24 Oak on local branch I've made changes
13:24 Oak nothing else.
13:25 Oak and now the floating save looks O
13:25 Oak OK
13:25 khall bug 14144
13:25 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14144 minor, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Signed Off , Silence warnings t/db_dependent/Auth_with_ldap.t
13:25 oleonard Oak, if you're done making changes, you "git add <file>" and "git commit"
13:26 Oak alright
13:30 Oak oleonard, now the commit message. umm, should I explain what I did... with background on Aleisha's work...?
13:31 oleonard The first line of a commit message is always the bug number and title
13:31 oleonard "Bug 11088 - Patron entry page should use floating toolbar like cataloging interface"
13:31 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11088 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, aleishaamohia, Needs Signoff , Patron entry page should use floating toolbar like cataloging interface
13:31 oleonard Or perhaps, "Bug 11088 [Follow up] Patron entry page should use floating toolbar like cataloging interface"
13:31 Oak okay
13:31 oleonard Then a brief description of what your patch does, and a test plan.
13:31 Oak okay, thanks!
13:34 cait oleonard++
13:36 Oak oleonard++
13:36 Oak cait++
13:36 khall bug 15414
13:36 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15414 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, aleishaamohia, Signed Off , Noisy warns when creating new layout for patron card creator
13:37 Oak done.
13:38 cma joined #koha
13:38 Oak sounds silly when I'm about to ask: what will happen now?
13:39 oleonard Oak: You did your commit?
13:39 Oak yes
13:39 Oak it said: [qa_mybug_11088 120ef94] Bug 11088 [Follow up] - Patron entry page should use floating toolbar like cataloging interface
13:39 Oak 2 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)
13:40 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11088 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, aleishaamohia, Needs Signoff , Patron entry page should use floating toolbar like cataloging interface
13:40 oleonard If you do "git log" do you see your commit with the correct author information?
13:40 cait ... people, we are in the green zone - 26 in qa queue and the dashboard turned it green :)
13:41 Oak yes!!! :)
13:41 Oak that's it?
13:42 oleonard Oak: Then you use git-bz to send your patch to Bugzilla
13:42 Oak oh
13:42 Oak okay
13:43 oleonard https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]gs_with_one_patch
13:43 oleonard git bz attach 11088 HEAD
13:45 mario joined #koha
13:46 pastebot "Oak" at pasted "git bz attach threw error(s)" (14 lines) at
13:46 Oak may be I need to set-up git bz as explained here: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_bz_configuration
13:47 oleonard Oak: Maybe so. I don't know how much kohadevbox does for you.
13:49 oleonard I notice the wiki says "If your patch is an ENHancement, please add [ENH] just after the patch number" Nobody does that. Should we take it out, or should we start doing that?
13:51 gmcharlt I suggest we take it out; we have a perfectly good severity field to use in BZ
13:53 gmcharlt and in the context of that particular wiki page, @bug_severity can be used in the email if you want to submit an ehancement that way
13:54 Oak oleonard, after configuring git bz, I re-did git bz attach 11088 HEAD and then it asked (yn)... and then it said Attached Bug-11088-Follow-up---Patron​-entry-page-should-use.patch
13:55 Oak what happens now?
13:55 oleonard Oak: Look at the bug report in Bugzilla. You'll see that your patch has been added.
13:55 oleonard The bug status was already "needs signoff," so that doesn't need to be changed.
13:56 Oak whoa
13:56 cait magic :)
13:56 oleonard Oak++
13:56 cait your FIRST?
13:56 Oak I think.
13:56 gmcharlt Oak++
13:56 cait Oak++ :)
13:57 cait and i agree wth gmcharlt about the [ENH]
13:57 Oak oleonard++
13:57 Oak cait++
13:57 Oak oh man. I want to hug someone.
13:57 oleonard Oh no the Koha history timeline hasn't been updated in ages
13:58 * Oak goes to tell someone about this.
14:00 amyk joined #koha
14:02 cait we've almost reached the amount of yesterday's bugzilla changes already
14:02 Oak wow. i'm happy.
14:02 Oak enough. i'll be quiet now.
14:02 oleonard Very good commit message too, Oak, well done.
14:03 Oak :-]
14:03 cait Oak: we are happy that this makes you happy :)
14:03 Oak thank you!
14:09 Oak see you later guys! thank you oleonard! thank you cait (you started this... I still have your notes on signing off bugs)!  :)
14:11 cait :)
14:15 cait khall: which one are you on? :)
14:15 khall cait: I wondered off to some other work, is there anything you'd like me to look at?
14:15 khall s/wondered/wandered
14:16 cait maybe the edifact pref bug?
14:16 khall bug #?
14:16 wahanui well, bug # is there
14:16 cait sec
14:17 cait bug 16288
14:17 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16288 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Edifact sysprefs EDIfactEAN and EDIInvoicesShippingBudget problems
14:19 kidclamp joined #koha
14:20 oleonard What are "upload categories?"
14:21 cait hm where do you see them?
14:21 oleonard Tools -> Uploads. "No upload categories have been defined. All uploads will be marked as temporary."
14:22 cait hm not sure
14:22 oleonard I guess it's looking for an authorized value, 'UPLOAD'
14:23 cait hm related to the bilbiographic file upload feature?
14:23 cait mine shows the same
14:23 cait could also be missing conf in kohaconf maybe - i haven't defined a directory to save those to i think
14:25 oleonard I wonder what a temporary upload is.
14:25 talljoy joined #koha
14:29 cait pass
14:30 kidclamp oleonard - I supposed it could have the quick add for checking the form, I did it the other way thinking at that point, where a duplicate may have occurred, you would likely want the full form for editing and possibly adding fields to confirm it is not a duplicate
14:31 oleonard Okay, I'll buy that :)
14:36 francharb_ @khall and Bernardo, by signing off bug 14622, you made my day! Thanks!! :)
14:36 huginn` francharb_: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
14:36 khall np!
14:38 cait :)
14:39 cait khall: do oyu know when pianohacker will appear?
14:39 cait i was hoping on a follow-up for the standing orders :)
14:39 khall should be soon-ish
14:40 cait ok!
14:50 bag morning
14:52 cait morning bag
14:52 ericar_ joined #koha
14:52 cait you should go back to sleep.. we haven't got your queue up to 100 yet :)
14:52 bag morning cait!!!
14:53 bag oh we can do it!!!
14:55 cait heh
14:58 pianohacker joined #koha
15:00 oleonard joined #koha
15:18 magnuse bag: HI
15:18 wahanui what's up, magnuse
15:19 magnuse Oak++
15:19 bag hi magnuse
15:20 reiveune bye
15:20 reiveune left #koha
15:20 magnuse whey!
15:31 blou joined #koha
15:33 francharb joined #koha
15:34 rocio joined #koha
15:49 Dyrcona joined #koha
16:02 andreshm joined #koha
16:02 * andreshm waves
16:03 andreshm hurray for bug 15532!
16:03 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15532 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Passed QA , Add ability to allow only items whose home/holding branch matches the hold's pickup branch to fill a given hold
16:05 andreshm marcelr++
16:16 andreshm .
16:19 cait happy andreshm :)
16:23 andreshm hi cait!
16:23 cait hi andreshm
16:23 andreshm happy indeed
16:24 cait lots of emails in your inbox again :)
16:24 andreshm yessir
16:24 andreshm now I'm just hoping for the last one... :)
16:24 cait i am looking at it
16:24 cait but i am slow
16:25 andreshm eat more chocolate!
16:25 cait ah better not
16:25 andreshm might not make you faster, but its yummy
16:28 andreshm or some nice tea?
16:28 * andreshm is hungry... one track mind, and all of that
16:29 pianohacker joined #koha
16:31 andreshm ok, I'm off to make dinner. Good luck with the qa:ing all of you!
16:31 cait andreshm: tea sounds ok :)
16:31 andreshm hope to bbl.
16:57 mmm1234 joined #koha
16:58 mmm1234 hello
16:58 mmm1234 i just upgraded koha to 3.20.10
16:58 mmm1234 and i tried to reindex zebra
16:59 mmm1234 but i get the following message
16:59 mmm1234 p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs​11/ /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs​11/ cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
16:59 mmm1234 we are on Wheezy
17:00 mmm1234 i tried to reindex zebra because when doing a search i get "kw,wrdl:"
17:01 cait how did you install koha?
17:01 cait and which command are you running?
17:01 mmm1234 i installed it with git
17:02 mmm1234 ran the dependencies
17:02 mmm1234 everything seems to be working until searching for an author or book or anything
17:03 mmm1234 to reindex i ran
17:03 mmm1234 perl /home/koha/kohaclone/misc/mig​ration_tools/ -b -w
17:03 cait i haven't seen the error above before
17:04 mmm1234 hmmm
17:04 cait try without the w
17:04 cait -b -v for verbose
17:05 mmm1234 it still gave that error but it is reindexing
17:05 mmm1234 so that is going
17:06 mmm1234 when i upgraded from 3.20.8 to 3.20.10 and i went to the browser to finish up, i got the error "p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs​11/ /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs​11/ cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
17:06 mmm1234 but it let me login
17:06 mmm1234 and finish up the upgrade
17:07 cait i am not sure that's related to koha
17:08 mmm1234 i will investigate further. Thank you so much for your help!
17:09 cait maybe ask again at another time
17:09 cait pretty quiet in hereright now
17:09 mmm1234 :-) Sounds good.
17:18 JesseM_ joined #koha
17:24 laurence left #koha
17:30 cait pianohacker: around?
17:31 pianohacker cait: yup, but in a meeting
17:31 cait any update on the standing orders?
17:31 pianohacker cait: not yet, slow morning, but will have time soon
17:36 burdsjm joined #koha
17:37 burdsjm_ joined #koha
17:37 cait oleonard-away: ...
17:37 cait all busy and gone... tsk
17:37 cait ah :)
17:38 cait oleonard: with you rpatches to move css and js - I think we will have to do a follow-up later for patches that add new pages right?
17:38 cait just seeing this in a patch: +<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="[% themelang %]/css/datatables.css" />
17:39 oleonard Yes
17:51 cait ok, something to put on the todo list
17:52 andreashm joined #koha
17:54 andreashm nice work on 15533 cait! Never thought of testing placing holds directly from the results lists!
17:54 andreashm so something for khall to look at!
17:54 cait yeah, keeping fingers crossed
17:54 andreashm thumbs up!
17:55 cait hope he can fix!
17:55 * andreashm too
17:58 ericar_ joined #koha
17:59 andreashm Any chance of getting bug 15165 looked at (QA)?
17:59 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15165 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, Signed Off , REST API routes to list, edit and pay borrower's accountlines
17:59 andreashm t was signed off pretty late, so I can imgaine it being somewhat down the list. But, like the rest of the rest api patches (pun intended), it would be sweet to see in the next release!
18:00 andreashm It
18:29 cait marcelr++ # late in the day qa'ing!
18:34 oleonard Wow Chromium is suddenly failing spectacularly in my Debian VM...
18:39 cait oh?
18:39 cait what does it do? dying? or bad display?
18:41 oleonard All I get is a big black box where the browser should be
18:42 oleonard don't know if it's Chromium, or the Virtualbox upgrade I just did, or something else...
18:45 gmcharlt fredericd: could you push the v3.20.11 tag, please?
18:49 geek_cl joined #koha
18:49 * cait waves at gmcharlt
18:49 gmcharlt hi cait
18:50 cait oleonard: you are still smuggling patches into the qa queue... :)
18:50 oleonard Uh oh, is there an embargo?
18:51 cait nah
18:51 cait just my wish to get thenumber lower :)
18:51 cait looking at them now
18:55 cait but hey... we wanted to bring bag's queue up to 100 right...
18:55 bag you can do it
18:59 oleonard Good luck and see you all later
19:22 ericar_ joined #koha
19:30 geek_cl joined #koha
19:46 meliss joined #koha
19:49 cait gmcharlt++
19:53 kathryn joined #koha
19:53 rangi morning
19:54 cait morning rangi
19:58 Karl_H joined #koha
20:00 jrm joined #koha
20:00 nuentoter joined #koha
20:01 nuentoter is there a way to create a list of every item in the DB?
20:02 kidclamp sql report nuentoter
20:02 cait nuentoter: sure
20:03 burdsjm joined #koha
20:04 nuentoter im just starting to understand sql stuff, practice
20:05 cait nuentoter: what information do you need?
20:05 cait and how big is your database?
20:05 cait the item search can create a list of all items - but it might be a bit slow
20:06 cait then an sql report might be better
20:35 nuentoter its not that large, maybe 30000 items
20:35 cait have you tried the iem search?
20:35 cait if you have only one library, limit to that and search
20:35 cait or choose export
20:36 nuentoter i am unsure of how to get the item search to return every item. putting in simply a wildcard does not do it
20:36 cait how many libraries do you have?
20:37 cait just leave everything empty and search
20:37 cait i jus ttested
20:37 cait it's preset to 'all libraries'
20:37 cdickinson joined #koha
20:37 cait the other option is to do a custom sql report like: select * from items - where * could be a list of the columns you want, but we needmore information :)
20:41 geek_cl joined #koha
20:43 nuentoter wow i never noticed the "go to item search" link in the advanced search area. that would have saved some head scratching time
20:45 cait it's nto been there that long
20:45 cait if that helps :)
20:45 mmm1234 joined #koha
20:45 nuentoter thanks i needed a little bit of my pride to survive lol!
20:46 mmm1234 i upgrade koha from 3.18.13 to 3.20 using git and right now i am at the Web installer Step 1 phase
20:46 Dyrcona joined #koha
20:47 mmm1234 it takes a very long time to do anything after pressing Next
20:47 mmm1234 and then it times out
20:47 mmm1234 i believe it's the database
20:47 mmm1234 building
20:47 wahanui it has been said that building is a co-op, so even after the landlord approved me, I still had to get approval from the co-op management.
20:48 mmm1234 and only the next morning it would seem it all went through
20:48 mmm1234 any thoughts?
20:49 bag do you have a lot of biblios and items?
20:49 bag some of the updates are alters to the biblios or items table and have to run through each record… so they are slow
20:49 bag I’ve seen them take hours to update on really really large datasets
20:50 mmm1234 this is our dev, but yes, probably there are plenty
20:50 mmm1234 so, i just have to wait
20:50 bag pretty much
20:50 mmm1234 it this just for upgrading to 3.20?
20:51 DooRooK joined #koha
20:51 bag I don’t know for sure - it seems like most of the last few major upgrades - have one or two really big database changes that have to loop through every single item or biblio
20:52 DooRooK Hello, is there some some French guy that use marcedit and koha in order to batch import notice from a list of ISBN here ?
20:53 * cait is not french nor a guy
20:53 cait well and no idea about the question either :)
20:53 cait sorry
20:54 mmm1234 thank you, that makes sense. Now I feel better. I will just wait
21:00 bag :)
21:03 kidclamp cait++
21:03 kidclamp I always forget item search exists
21:04 cait kidclamp: me too :)
21:11 JoshB left #koha
21:12 wizzyrea oh!
21:12 wizzyrea item search
21:12 wizzyrea so
21:12 wizzyrea aleisha and I were thinking about that
21:12 wizzyrea we had a thought about the search link at the top
21:12 wizzyrea making it a drop down menu that included links to many of the different searches in Koha (except borrowers)
21:13 wizzyrea so "catalogue search" "item search" "order search" "vendor search" etc etc
21:13 cait gmcharlt++ # packages!
21:13 wizzyrea clicking the main one would do the same thing it always does, but hovering it would bring the list
21:13 wizzyrea bc a lot of those things are 3 click deep things
21:26 DooRooK Ok, I fixed my problem, itwas coming from problems with my z39.50 configuration
21:27 DooRooK the BNF Z39.50 isn't configured by defaut for utf-8 and you have to specified a specific database-name if you don't want diacritic polluting every entry in your catalog
21:30 kidclamp wizzyrea: you mean the link that goes to 'advanced search' currently?  That would be supa cool
21:30 wizzyrea yep
21:31 wizzyrea even cooler would be to allow libraries to choose which searches turned up there
21:34 Francesca joined #koha
21:35 irma joined #koha
21:59 pianohacker cait++
22:04 Francesca sup
22:08 wizzyrea heya
22:12 cait btw... if someone has time to try a few things css
22:12 cait bug 11088
22:12 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11088 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, aleishaamohia, Failed QA , Patron entry page should use floating toolbar like cataloging interface
22:13 cait Oak was so happy about his patch - but we have a problem if there is the language chooser at the bottom
22:13 cait so more than one active language for staff
22:19 aleisha joined #koha
22:34 Francesca joined #koha
22:36 cait bug 15434 ...
22:36 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15434 normal, P5 - low, ---, srdjan, Signed Off , Make search results breadcrumbs human readable
22:38 bag ooh yes please
23:10 pianohacker bag/cait: the only quick fix I can think of for bug 11088 is putting it a fixed number of pixels above the bottom of the screen that makes sure it always clears the language chooser
23:10 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11088 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, aleishaamohia, Failed QA , Patron entry page should use floating toolbar like cataloging interface
23:10 pianohacker (but means it's a bit high without the chooser)
23:11 cait i didn't have a better idea
23:11 cait i seems pixels would be better than  % as now?
23:11 cait i tried with zooming in and out
23:16 bag hmm no opinion at the moment
23:24 Francesca joined #koha
23:24 pianohacker cait: still alive?
23:24 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16378: Can't call method "store" without a package or object reference <[…]a0d83df2a7e5c2006>
23:24 pianohacker I found the best fix
23:25 Francesca hey pianohacker
23:25 wahanui regexes are AWESOME
23:25 pianohacker hi Francesca !
23:25 Francesca hows it going?
23:25 pianohacker good, not enough sleep but good
23:25 pianohacker how go classes and work?
23:25 cait kind of
23:26 pianohacker bug 11088
23:26 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11088 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, aleishaamohia, Signed Off , Patron entry page should use floating toolbar like cataloging interface
23:26 Francesca not enough sleep and I'm currently on midterm
23:26 Francesca work goes well
23:26 Francesca choir goes better/busier
23:26 Francesca and I have a cat cuddling me
23:27 pianohacker jealous on the last one :)
23:28 Francesca heh it won't be for long I'm leaving for work soonish
23:28 cait btw... does the about page need updating?
23:29 cait probably change version to 16.05 and such?
23:29 * cait is in release-mode somehow
23:29 Francesca there are 23 days till the next koha realease
23:29 Francesca *release
23:29 Francesca theres a countdown on the dashboard
23:30 cait Francesca: I know
23:30 cait it's the Feature Freeze side effects... just ignore me :)
23:30 cait that's only a few hours away
23:30 cait pianohacker: tsting now
23:30 Francesca cait: must be late where you are - here have some virtual cat cuddles
23:30 cait thx :)
23:31 rocio left #koha
23:31 pianohacker Francesca: do I get any?
23:31 cait pianohacker: works for me!
23:32 pianohacker excellent
23:33 Francesca pianohacker: said cat has just jumped up but you get virtual cat cuddles anyway
23:33 pianohacker yay
23:34 Francesca done any piano hacking recently
23:34 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 12752: FIX letter names in <[…]80c10c0d8568ef03d> / Bug 16373: reports success but files are not merged <[…]49abd8628d75dd8f6>
23:36 pianohacker Francesca: still just slowly learning songs :) you?
23:36 Francesca I've been more busy with choir stuff than piano stuff
23:37 Francesca we have a concert in a week and a day
23:37 cait aleisha: bug 11089 refuses to float for me
23:37 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11089 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, aleishaamohia, Needs Signoff , Item edit screen should use floating toolbar like cataloging interface
23:38 cait aleisha: also keep thinking - what if you switch from edit to add? should we have floating toolbar for one and floating save for the other?
23:38 aleisha will have a look
23:39 aleisha yeah i'm not too sure about that - i guess we would. I'm trying to work out if there's a more consistent way to do it
23:39 cait aleisha: please also keep the language chooser in mind :)
23:40 cait the fix pianohacker just did on the other patch - if we keep the float save
23:40 cait night all!
23:40 wahanui goodnight cait. You'll be back.
23:40 cait left #koha
23:48 pianohacker bye all
23:57 andreashm joined #koha
23:59 Francesca joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary