IRC log for #koha, 2016-03-22

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:19 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15868: Ask for confirmation when deleting a MMT action <[…]d249232a573375468>
00:35 florent rangi: do I need to worry about test failures when running make test?
00:35 wizzyrea yes :) (sorry)
00:36 rangi depends on the failure, generally yes, but sometimes someone put a test in the wrong place, ie it depends on the db
00:36 rangi if that is the case, you can ignore it
00:37 rangi so if the error is anything to do with mysql .. ignore, any other error, yep have to fix it
00:42 florent No visible issue with mysql. I will look at the problems (3 failures, many warnings)
00:49 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16077 - Remove unused script and template card-print <[…]f585676abe49efb73>
00:51 cdickinson joined #koha
00:59 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16020 - Remove unused CSS and images following label creator UX changes <[…]5d202692700b4ba20> / Bug 16023 - Use Font Awesome icons on audio alerts page <[…]88058ae8b3d12da22> / Bug 16029: Hide patron toolbar if patron does not exist <http://git.koha-comm
01:02 irma joined #koha
01:03 wizzyrea florent: the warnings are pretty normal, sadly
01:08 florent wizzyrea: good to know. I sorted 2 test failures: ttf-dejavu font was not installed
01:09 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: DBREV for Bug 16019 - Remove unused blue.css <[…]30b689ae9905e9466> / Bug 16019 - Remove unused blue.css <[…]52d61f02aeac22902> / Bug 16019: Add a warning in the update DB process if intranetcolorstylesheet=blue.css <
01:10 wizzyrea \o/
01:11 Francesca joined #koha
01:19 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15984 - Correct templates which use the phrase "issuing rules" <[…]f72abd8ab02cf9ad6>
01:49 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16106 Correct loose to lose in comment <[…]8596f1d9e5e699315> / Bug 15421: Show 'Duplicate' and 'Schedule' on Reports toolbar <[…]430ea07cdd3513148>
02:29 mario joined #koha
03:30 wizzyrea hm, I wonder if there's a bug for "ttf-dejavu not being installed breaks tests" I feel like that should be a requirement
03:44 florent joined #koha
03:47 florent wizzyrea: I moved from Master to 3.22.x branch and add several more dependencies only showing through make test.
03:47 florent wizzyrea: koha is working now. I took notes, we can discuss then I might restart a clean install
03:48 wizzyrea ah coolio
04:33 a_goforth joined #koha
05:20 cait joined #koha
05:27 SamEEE joined #koha
05:40 Francesca joined #koha
06:58 * cait waves
07:08 cait @later tell oleonard could you take a look at the suggested change to the checkout screen on bug 11565 maybe?
07:08 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
07:12 cdickinson_ joined #koha
07:18 drojf joined #koha
07:18 drojf morning
07:19 magnuse moin drojf
07:19 drojf hei magnuse
07:29 magnuse ah, meeting today?
07:29 magnuse in 11.5 hours?
07:32 cait morning drojf and magnuse
07:32 cait happy belated birthday drojf :)
07:32 cait bbiab ;)
07:32 cait hm and in case someone sees it... my opac is totally broken - need help (see comment on bug 11998)
07:32 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11998 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Syspref caching issues
07:33 laurence joined #koha
07:37 sophie_m joined #koha
07:48 reiveune joined #koha
07:50 reiveune hello
07:50 wahanui que tal, reiveune
07:54 alex_a joined #koha
07:54 alex_a bonjour
07:54 wahanui niihau, alex_a
08:06 paul_p joined #koha
08:30 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:34 gaetan_B hello
09:06 Francesca joined #koha
09:18 magnuse letsencrypt++
10:17 reiveune joined #koha
10:29 drojf thanks cait
10:29 drojf oh shes gone
11:21 lari_ joined #koha
11:21 kivilahtio_ joined #koha
11:31 laurence joined #koha
11:50 meliss joined #koha
11:52 oleonard joined #koha
11:52 oleonard Hi #koha
11:59 kivilahtio joined #koha
11:59 lari joined #koha
12:09 francharb hello #koha
12:11 tcohen joined #koha
12:12 tcohen bongiorno
12:23 tcohen Joubu: thanks (?) for failing my patch, I completely forgot about the followup
12:32 alex_a joined #koha
12:41 cait joined #koha
12:53 NateC joined #koha
12:55 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:56 alex_a_ joined #koha
12:57 edveal joined #koha
13:10 JoshB joined #koha
13:12 paul_p joined #koha
13:13 nengard joined #koha
13:23 magnuse joined #koha
13:23 matts joined #koha
13:23 janPasi__ joined #koha
13:23 nage joined #koha
13:23 jajm joined #koha
13:23 fredericd joined #koha
13:23 jenkins_koha joined #koha
13:27 mario joined #koha
13:31 cma joined #koha
13:38 laurence joined #koha
14:04 amyk joined #koha
14:06 gaetan_B joined #koha
14:16 oleonard Group checkout settings in an expandable panel?
14:17 oleonard Prompted by the discussion on Bug 11565
14:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11565 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , decreaseLoanHighHolds needs Override
14:27 ibeardslee joined #koha
14:41 cbrannon joined #koha
14:41 cbrannon https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=14095
14:41 huginn Bug 14095: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Automatic Renewal Enhancements
14:43 oleonard Yeah it is interesting that automatic renewal is the only "checkout setting" which isn't turned on and off via a pref.
14:47 drojf joined #koha
14:47 cbrannon Especially since default behavior for specific patrons or types IS a setting in the Circulation Rules.
14:54 oleonard It just goes to show that some settings seem very important to some libraries and not to others.
15:04 pianohacker joined #koha
15:08 alex_a joined #koha
15:15 rocio joined #koha
15:17 alex_a joined #koha
15:18 cait oleonard: i like it
15:18 oleonard Instead of having both  OnSiteCheckouts  and  OnSiteCheckoutsForce, shouldn't we have one preference with the options "enable," "disable," and "require?"
15:18 cait i think it was just something that we missed
15:18 cait we could still introduce a pref for auto renew on checkout
15:19 paul_p joined #koha
15:19 cait it's separate from the circ rules - it allows you to set any item to auto renewal, independent from circuation conditions
15:22 cait oleonard: good idea for the pref
15:22 cait hm but require only applies to debarred
15:22 cait so maybe it doesn't fit into one
15:22 cbrannon cait: a pref would be preferable.  ;)  Although, should it be a setting in the circ rules?  One under each library, and one under default?  That way each library has the option, and if it is set in the default, that overrides all libraries?
15:23 cait there is no precedence for that reaqlly right now
15:23 cait so that would be more difficult
15:23 cait we might want to have a complete new configuration page
15:23 cait if we start breaking the prefs down to branches and not into the circulation conditions table
15:24 cait i mean... i am not sure where to place it - but I think circ rules could get a bit crowded :)
15:24 oleonard You're right cait I misunderstood the use of OnSiteCheckoutsForce
15:24 cait ... and sorry if i make no sense, just tell me. had a day full of meetings so far
15:24 alex_a_ joined #koha
15:25 cbrannon cait: Isn't that a precedence we would want to set and work towards?  It seems like it would be the right place, and in a way we do that with circ rules already.  It is circ related.
15:25 cait hm yeah, but it would be another table there
15:25 cait i am just not sure where to place ti - I am fine with the general idea
15:26 cait i mean having the option makes sense, as it would for a lot of prefs
15:26 cbrannon I think that would be okay, as long as it makes sense.
15:26 cait maybe it would also be interestng to have it by patron category... and library... to complicate things a bit more :)
15:27 cbrannon I think it would make sense for use to migrate more of the circ prefs to the circ rules pages, as they are enhanced and fixed.
15:30 cbrannon you know, it is a step towards granularity, which make the ILS more appealing and useful.  Complicated, yes, but I will take a little complication over having my hands tied any day.
15:37 cbrannon https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=16121
15:37 huginn Bug 16121: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Reports need a counter of uses, and date of last use
15:41 cait cbrannon: really, i think it's a good thing :) i like prefs, but i like granular things even more :)
15:41 pianohacker cait: this is one of the problems the new circ rules editor will hopefully solve :)
15:41 pianohacker also hi y'all
15:43 cait hi pianohacker
15:43 cait maybe we make a pref... and later move it?
15:47 cbrannon why move it later when you can start working towards the end goal?
15:47 cbrannon https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=16122
15:47 huginn Bug 16122: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Item record needs to keep Local Use count
15:48 cait pianohacker: are you around for a while longer today? maybe tonight before the meeting?
15:48 cait ah... maybe the wrong to ask
15:48 cait i need someone involved with caching patches
15:48 cait to help me figure out why my opac is broken :)
15:49 cait actually more a :(
15:51 pianohacker well that's worrisome
15:51 pianohacker cait: which caching paches?
15:51 cait syspref cache patch
15:51 cait it's ok, i am a bit confused
15:52 cait maybe it will be easy to figure out - but have to get to my laptop first
15:53 pianohacker cait: I've been working pretty heavily with the caching patches, and I'll be in until 21 UTC
15:53 cait hm might be long enough, i will just shout out here if i can't get it working
15:53 cait broken opac is not very handy for qa :)
15:54 tcohen hi cait
15:55 cait hi tcohen
16:06 reiveune bye
16:06 reiveune left #koha
16:07 pianohacker cait: broken roughly how?
16:07 oleonard Bug 16125
16:08 oleonard Bug 16125?
16:08 oleonard lazy bots.
16:09 cait ah i left the error on the bug -i already got a hint
16:10 cait bug 11998
16:10 wahanui bug 11998 is probably ready for signoff if anyone wants something to do...
16:10 cait was just wondering if someone will be around if i don't figure it out
16:10 cait https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=11998
16:10 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11998 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Syspref caching issues
16:10 huginn Bug 11998: major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Syspref caching issues
16:11 oleonard huginn why you gotta be that way?
16:11 huginn oleonard: I've exhausted my database of quotes
16:11 cbrannon oleonard: 16125, I think the Edit, Change Password, and Duplcate should be combined into a dropdown, and add Add message to it.
16:13 oleonard Edit, change password, duplicate, renew, delete, update child to patron, set permissions. They could all be under edit.
16:16 cbrannon Agreed, although I'm up in the air about delete.  I think the dangerous button should be kept away from the others.
16:17 oleonard We include delete in the "edit" menu for bibliographic records
16:18 cait there is also a confirm i think?
16:18 cait or i hope there is :)
16:20 cbrannon I hope.  There should be.
16:20 oleonard There is a confirm on the patron delete menu item
16:20 cbrannon Okay.  Let's just throw it all in the mix then.  :)
16:21 pianohacker does anybody know why fastmmap caching was added to begin with?
16:22 pianohacker it feels on the face of it like a rather poor compromise if memcached isn't installed
16:29 cait no idea
16:29 cait i think they want to kill it? looking at the other bu
16:29 cait g
16:36 oleonard Ugh, of /course/ I can't put an "add message" button in the toolbar... the add message feature only works on
16:36 oleonard Boo.
16:37 cbrannon Well, make it work everywhere too.  :P
16:38 oleonard That seems to be today's refrain: "Make it work everywhere"
16:43 cbrannon Gotta run.  It's been fun.  See you folks later.
16:46 cait left #koha
16:58 oleonard Patron image upload fails without warning sometimes... maybe because file size is too large?
16:58 gaetan_B bye
17:15 laurence left #koha
17:52 Karl_H joined #koha
17:55 Karl_H Hello, I have a question about installing Koha from these directions: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]a_on_ubuntu_-_git
17:56 Karl_H When I try to install koha-deps and koha-perldeps I get an error saying koha-perldeps : Depends: libnet-z3950-zoom-perl but it is not going to be installed
17:57 Karl_H Is anyone else running into problems with perl dependencies in ubuntu?
17:59 Karl_H I tried using cpan to update, no luck. I even tried compiling perl 5.22.1 from source but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
17:59 eythian I suggest putting the whole command and output into a paste, also specify versions.
18:00 eythian And don't go compiling stuff yourself, it will cause problems and solve none.
18:00 eythian Seen it all before :)
18:00 wahanui I haven't seen 'it', eythian
18:00 eythian wahanui: hush
18:00 wahanui eythian: sorry...
18:01 pianohacker Karl_H: do you have the indexdata repositories enabled?
18:01 eythian pianohacker: unless things have changed, they're not needed
18:01 Karl_H I followed the directions on the wiki up until the part where it asks you to do the following
18:01 Karl_H kho@kohatest3:~$ sudo apt-get install koha-deps koha-perldeps make
18:01 Karl_H Reading package lists... Done
18:01 Karl_H Building dependency tree
18:01 Karl_H Reading state information... Done
18:01 Karl_H Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
18:01 Karl_H requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
18:01 Karl_H distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
18:01 Karl_H or been moved out of Incoming.
18:02 Karl_H The following information may help to resolve the situation:
18:02 Karl_H The following packages have unmet dependencies:
18:02 Karl_H koha-deps : Depends: idzebra-2.0 but it is not going to be installed
18:02 Karl_H Depends: yaz but it is not going to be installed
18:02 wahanui i already had it that way, Karl_H.
18:02 Karl_H koha-perldeps : Depends: libnet-z3950-zoom-perl but it is not going to be installed
18:02 wahanui i already had it that way, Karl_H.
18:02 Karl_H E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
18:02 eythian Use a Pastebin
18:02 Karl_H sorry
18:03 pianohacker common mistake :)
18:03 eythian But also, you need to say what versions you're using, what you're installing on, etc.
18:04 Karl_H Okay, I'm installing on Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
18:05 Karl_H I'll get a pastebin up in a bit with the full set of commands and outputs
18:05 cdickinson_ joined #koha
18:05 eythian That should be supported.
18:06 eythian That'd be good. Also, "apt-cache policy" on all the package names involved.
18:07 eythian (also, is there a specific reason you're trying to install the git version?)
18:08 eythian There are good reasons to do that, they're just not so common 🙂
18:09 Karl_H do I need to clone the git repository first, before installing the kohadeps or should that not matter
18:10 eythian It shouldn't matter
18:13 Karl_H okay
18:14 Karl_H I just tried it again and I'm having more luck. I think I must've copied and pasted something wrong last time I tried it
18:15 eythian That can happen too
18:18 oleonard Bugs bugs bugs.
18:18 Karl_H I think I just must've missed a repository somewhere, its not giving me the same error anymore. Thanks for helping though.
18:19 eythian wahanui: bugs
18:19 wahanui i guess bugs is found at Please fix any bugs you find. :) or reporting them is helpful, too.
18:19 eythian That's less exciting than I hoped
18:20 oleonard Does anyone here use the new discharge feature?
18:22 eythian Sounds medical.
18:24 cait joined #koha
18:24 oleonard I know. Blech.
18:25 laurence joined #koha
18:25 eythian So maybe a medical library uses it.
18:25 laurence left #koha
18:25 oleonard :P
18:36 pianohacker oleonard: mostly french libraries, to my understanding
18:37 cait meeting in 20?
18:38 oleonard leaving in 20 :(
18:38 * oleonard leaves his votes in a pile for someone to hand out.
18:39 cait if you add an apology and a vote to the wiki, we can use that :)
18:44 * eythian takes the votes
18:44 * eythian offers them to the highest bidder
18:53 cait heh
18:54 oleonard Have a nice meeting, everyone.
18:57 cait meeting in 3
19:01 cait ok
19:02 cait #startmeeting  Development IRC Meeting 22 March 2016
19:02 huginn Meeting started Tue Mar 22 19:02:19 2016 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
19:02 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:02 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC Meeting 22 March 2016)
19:02 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_22_march_2016'
19:02 cait #topic Introductions
19:02 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
19:02 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC Meeting 22 March 2016)
19:02 cait please introduce yourself with #info, following wahanui's example
19:02 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
19:02 cait #chair bag
19:02 huginn Current chairs: bag cait
19:02 cait today's agenda is at
19:03 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ing_22_March_2016
19:03 cait hm anyone around?
19:03 cait pianohacker: ?
19:03 bag hello
19:04 magnuse joined #koha
19:04 bag #info Brendan Gallagher - ByWater
19:04 pianohacker #info Jesse Weaver - ByWater
19:04 pianohacker we aren't too late for EU and too early for NZ, are we?
19:04 gmcharlt #info Galen Charlton - ESI
19:05 eythian wahanui: anyone around is <reply>no one but us, $who
19:05 wahanui OK, eythian.
19:05 cait it's 8pm in europe, so after work hours
19:05 eythian 8am in NZ
19:06 cait kind of in between i guess
19:07 pianohacker guess we can wait until 15 after or so for stragglers?
19:08 cait yeah, let's wait a bit
19:10 drojf joined #koha
19:11 cait rangi is still on the bus
19:11 cait hi drojf - please introduce yourself
19:12 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
19:13 jajm #info Julian Maurice, BibLibre
19:14 cait ok
19:14 cait I think we can continue
19:14 pianohacker barton is coming
19:14 cait #Announcements
19:14 cait #topic Announcements
19:14 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC Meeting 22 March 2016)
19:14 barton #info Barton Chittenden, Bywater Solutions, Louisville KY, USA
19:14 cait bag?
19:14 wahanui it's his birthday!
19:14 bag HA
19:15 bag not much to report.  working on PQA
19:15 barton I thought it was Trae's birthday.
19:15 bag I also plan to have a talk with gmcharlt later this week dealing with a URL::Encode package isue
19:15 bag gmcharlt: and I have already communicated about this.  More to follow
19:16 cait ok
19:16 bag we both feel that it should be rewritten using some packages that are already in koha
19:16 bag now I just need to find someone to do that ;)
19:16 * gmcharlt sneezes
19:16 cait I got something too: I'd like to remind about the GBSD on Thursday this week
19:17 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]bug_squashing_day
19:18 cait anything else?
19:18 wahanui anything else is just being crap
19:18 bag any questions for me?
19:18 drojf #info mirko tietgen, berlin, germany
19:18 cait quiet... :)
19:18 cait ok, moving on
19:19 cait #topic Review coding guidelines
19:19 Topic for #koha is now Review coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC Meeting 22 March 2016)
19:19 cait there are no suggestions for new coding guidelines on the wiki
19:19 cait after discussion on the mailing list it was decided to remove PERL12
19:19 pianohacker just killing that one
19:20 cait and also remove the remaining versions from the source code
19:20 cait pianohacker: do you have the bug number on hand?
19:20 pianohacker no :/
19:21 rangi #info chris cormack, catalyst
19:21 cait bug 16011
19:21 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16011 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Remove $VERSION from our modules
19:21 cait if noone disagrees i will log that as an info
19:22 cait #info PERL12 to be deleted, remaining $VERSION will be removed by bug 16011
19:22 pianohacker fine by me
19:22 cait i think no khall - and i think he won't have time for the revamp of the coding guidelnes for a bit longer :)
19:23 pianohacker nope :)
19:23 cait so i'd jump over that if noone wants to add something
19:23 pianohacker do we want to vote on the idea, at least?
19:23 cait we already did
19:23 cait he wanted to add a new page with the suggested changes
19:23 cait and that was agreed on
19:24 cait does someone have other things for thistopic?
19:25 cait ok, moving on then
19:25 cait #topic Bugs in discussion
19:25 Topic for #koha is now Bugs in discussion (Meeting topic: Development IRC Meeting 22 March 2016)
19:25 cait bug 9254
19:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9254 enhancement, P2, ---, vfernandes, In Discussion , New option to block patrons from changing messaging preferences in OPAC
19:25 cait A lot of people have asked for it, but it's kind of stuck
19:26 cait It would be great to get some comments and see this moving again
19:27 cait there was some disagreement about which options to offer
19:27 SebastianDE joined #koha
19:27 pianohacker bag: do we have any partners that can poke that who would want it?
19:27 bag not sure
19:27 cait we currently hide it with jquery for a lot of ours... but a pref would be nicer (and safer)
19:28 rangi hmm
19:29 NateC joined #koha
19:29 rangi seems the patches are a bit broken
19:29 cait nengard commented she#d like it ;)
19:29 rangi Works as described. But the patch only hides the link,
19:29 rangi not disable the feature. If you refresh OPAC after unset
19:29 rangi EnhancedMessagingPreferencesOPAC, you can still change
19:29 rangi your messaging preferences.
19:29 barton pianohacker, bag: I had a ticket requesting that recently, I'll dig it up.
19:29 rangi that doesn't seem finished to me
19:29 cait thx
19:30 cait ... there are more stuck in discussion... but have to start somewhere :)
19:30 cait anyone else?
19:30 cait moving on?
19:31 cait #topic General development discussion
19:31 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (Meeting topic: Development IRC Meeting 22 March 2016)
19:31 cait ok, there are 4 topics listed
19:31 jls joined #koha
19:31 cait we already discussed a bit about the  merge of the borrowers tables at one of the last meetings
19:31 cait i am not sure if we have new info on this?
19:31 pianohacker I don't think so
19:31 pianohacker and no Joubu
19:32 cait ok
19:32 cait Preventing XSS attacks
19:32 cait our first attempt failed - anyone new info/ideas to share?
19:32 rangi no
19:32 rangi just that it is the right direction
19:32 rangi it just has to be done in a faster way
19:33 rangi ie, everything should be escaped by default
19:33 rangi The approach was dead right, it was just not performant
19:33 pianohacker why was the previous one so slow?
19:33 cait i tihnk being too many variables on some pages
19:34 bag perhaps as we get more of the caching done - then we could retry that?  see if it’s still such a big hit?
19:34 cait adding up to a bigger performance issue
19:34 pianohacker right, but a lot of those are completely unavoidable (without major rearchitecting)
19:35 pianohacker bag: and the caching we've been adding wouldn't really affect that , unfortunately.
19:35 bag boo
19:35 pianohacker rangi: would marking more things as pre-escaped help any, do you think?
19:35 rangi probably not
19:36 rangi caching template fragments would though
19:36 rangi 2 secs
19:38 rangi https://perldoc.koha-community[…]Plugin/Cache.html
19:39 rangi probably would need to reorganise some pages, but I think there are big chunks that don't need to be rerendered every page
19:40 rangi does that make sense?
19:40 cait i think one of he problmatic pages was authority import?
19:40 cait just trying to remember, it's probably on the bug
19:40 jajm will it prevent template variables to be escaped ?
19:41 rangi sorry I dont understand the question jajm
19:42 jajm template variables that are used only in cached template fragments
19:42 rangi no
19:42 jajm i thought all variables were automatically escaped
19:42 rangi no
19:42 rangi thats what this bug tried to do
19:43 rangi but it was too slow
19:43 jajm ok
19:43 rangi at the moment we manually escape them, and people forget to do it, and we get xss vulnerabilities
19:44 rangi what caching bits of the template means, is they get evaluated once, the same way as everything does now, and then put in a cache, and just returned from that, until it is stale. if you cache the borrowernumber as part of the key you could easily cache the top part of pretty much all the opac etc
19:45 rangi anyway, something to experiment with maybe
19:45 pianohacker yeah
19:45 pianohacker do we know why the variable escaping itself was slow?
19:45 jajm rangi, i am not sure to understand, you suggest to use template::stash::autoescaping + caching, or just caching ?
19:45 pianohacker because that's a really common practice in modern html template libraries
19:45 rangi both
19:46 rangi pianohacker: exactly, so i feel like it's something we can fix
19:46 pianohacker and, well, it's a friggin regex, perl can handle those :P
19:46 rangi it's written up on the bug i think
19:46 rangi jajm: both, i think the caching will help anyway, and I think we need to autoescape too
19:47 cait ithink more information to be found at the bug
19:47 SebastianDE joined #koha
19:47 rangi pianohacker: it may be we just looped too much, not sure
19:47 cait are we ok to move on for now? something that i should log?
19:47 pianohacker cait: just one thing
19:47 pianohacker rangi: do you have that bug number?
19:48 rangi bug 13618
19:48 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13618 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, BLOCKED , Prevent XSS in the Staff Client and the OPAC
19:48 pianohacker thanks
19:48 cait pianohacker: it's on the agneda ;)
19:48 pianohacker I totally missed that :)
19:48 cait i'd like to talk about benchmarking first if that's ok?
19:48 cait or next
19:49 cait as we have seen a lot of activity there
19:49 barton #link https://perldoc.koha-community[…]/Plugin/Cache.htm
19:49 pianohacker cait: yeah, definitely
19:49 cait i think the bug linked on the agenda is not right
19:49 cait probably me getting the sequence wrong again
19:50 cait bug 15342
19:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15342 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, NEW , Performance 3.22 - Omnibus
19:50 cait pianohacker: could you maybe say something about the work so far?
19:50 cait link on the agenda is fixed now
19:51 pianohacker cait: reviewing all the linked bugs real quick
19:51 cait bug 11998 is the pushed one
19:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11998 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Syspref caching issues
19:51 cait ... which broke my opac
19:51 cait and yes, that's a complaint ;)
19:51 pianohacker which is... less than good, but we'll fix it
19:51 cait hope so :)
19:52 pianohacker bug 15350 is a big pain point, though it's less of a big deal for Plack
19:52 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15350 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , DBIx::Class Startup speed
19:52 bag yes
19:53 pianohacker any suggestions there are welcome; I had a basic POC that only really helps with Plack (and even then only with the first load on a new worker)
19:54 pianohacker finally, I've been working with Joubu on a very promising set of patches
19:54 pianohacker bug 16044?
19:54 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16044 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Define a L1 cache for all objects set in cache
19:54 pianohacker yes, okay
19:54 rangi excellent
19:55 pianohacker this is intended to bypass the unexpectedly high cost of deserializing stuff from memcached
19:55 pianohacker Joubu added what amounts to a per-process in-memory cached
19:56 pianohacker I added some code to a) clear this new L1 cache less often, by storing a modification time in memcached and b) avoid some of the object-cloning protections Joubu/Jacek have put in place
19:57 rangi cool
19:57 pianohacker any technical comments on that bug would be very very welcome; I know that the approach we've made is _spectacular_ for performance, especially search, but we need to make sure it's safe
19:57 bag could be good to bring up on GBSD
19:57 pianohacker cait: that's all I've got
19:57 cait that's not bad - i am very glad to see work on the performance issues
19:58 cait :)
19:58 bag 61 days until release - that would be good to get in quickly so we have time to test
19:58 pianohacker agreed
19:58 cait true
19:58 cait pianohacker: could you add anything you need testers for to the gbsd page?
19:58 pianohacker cait: yup yup
19:58 cait thx
19:58 rangi pianohacker: yeah im happy to spend time testing that on gbsd
19:58 bag ES too - everyone is really excited for it - but need sign off ;)
19:58 cait ES is on it already :)
19:59 bag yuppers - just mentioning again ;)
19:59 cait ok, last topic would be item-level_itype
19:59 cait do we want to discuss or postpone?
19:59 pianohacker rangi: cool. If you have any ideas on other ways to do the memcached-modification-time thing (second to last patch) I'd love to hear them
19:59 rangi righto
19:59 bag I think we need Joubu here to talk about that cait
19:59 rangi ill take a look
19:59 pianohacker cait: we don't have much of a quorum for that touchy of a subject
19:59 pianohacker rangi: thanks#
19:59 pianohacker !
19:59 cait so postpone
20:00 cait we can move it to top for the next meeting
20:00 pianohacker yup
20:00 cait #topic Updates from the QA team
20:00 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC Meeting 22 March 2016)
20:00 cait nothing much from me I am afraid - I have been quite busy but hope to do more this week and probably next
20:00 pianohacker it may also be worth making a hot-topics list on the agenda that bag could copy-paste into his reminder email and perhaps encourage more people to come
20:00 bag cool
20:01 cait ah, maybe it would be good to talk about freeze dates sometime soon
20:01 bag good point - I’ll work something up this week cait
20:01 cait #action bag to set freeze dates
20:01 cait looking at the list of horrible bugs
20:02 cait there is quite a lot of red at the moment
20:02 cait also unhappy jenkins
20:02 pianohacker cait: are you looking at the "FIXME NOW" list?
20:02 cait 21 bugs critical - blocker
20:02 cait pianohacker: looking at the one linked on the agenda :)
20:03 cait #link https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]20NOW&sharer_id=1
20:03 pianohacker yup, same one, cool
20:03 cait yep, didn't see the name first
20:03 cait 21 is not so nice... should try to bring that way down before release
20:03 cait some maybe can be recategorized, but needs some work to check
20:03 rangi and get jenkins green
20:03 pianohacker tcohen: any comments on the current status of jenkins?
20:04 bag I can get on 15585 today
20:04 cait quite a few are LDAP or SIP
20:04 cait anyone able to test this, please do
20:04 tcohen i tried providing patches for several failures
20:04 tcohen but we really need to encourage the devs to fix them
20:04 tcohen probably with a warning about patches reverted
20:05 cait #idea add hot topics list to the agenda for use in the reminder email
20:05 wizzyrea one of those is a 3.8
20:05 cait fix or revert threat?
20:05 bag hmm tcohen can you talk with me on GBSD about those patches?  I can do the leg work on getting some comments on those bugs
20:05 tcohen of course!
20:05 bag awesome!  thanks
20:06 pianohacker wizzyrea: bug 9626?
20:06 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9626 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , can't pay FU fines without messing things up
20:06 wizzyrea bug 14003
20:06 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14003 critical, P1 - high, ---, koha-bugs, In Discussion , SIP2 AF Field return 1
20:06 cait i think that's on mster too - waiting for another test from me or someone else
20:06 cait i need to verify some weird behaviour i saw is real or not
20:06 cait for the FU one
20:07 cait nothing more from me for now :)
20:08 cait #action bag and tcohen to talk about fixing jenkins
20:08 cait moving on?
20:08 tcohen yeah
20:09 cait #topic Set date for next meeting
20:09 Topic for #koha is now Set date for next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC Meeting 22 March 2016)
20:09 cait when shall we meet again?
20:10 bag April 5th
20:10 cait or asked differently, which rhythm
20:10 cait next general meeting is on 6th
20:10 cait so maybe too close
20:10 bag 12th then?
20:10 cait +1
20:11 bag what time?
20:11 wahanui time is like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff. or generously donated to giving support in #koha but if you need more help faster than we can give it try
20:12 cait if we use the one from before this one
20:12 cait it would be 15 UTC
20:12 bag ok 12 April 2016 at 15 UTC
20:12 drojf there is the catmandu hackathon. but i think its only half the day
20:13 cait oh, where is that?
20:13 drojf berlin
20:13 drojf stabi
20:13 drojf johann is organising. 11.+12.04
20:13 cait ah ok
20:13 cait 13th?
20:14 cait 13th, 15 UTC?
20:14 cait please saysomething :)
20:14 drojf woud work for me
20:14 drojf would
20:14 cait bag?
20:14 wahanui I LIKE BASEBALL!
20:14 drojf everyone else? :)
20:14 bag works for me
20:14 bag 13th
20:15 cait #agreed Next meeting will be April 13th, 15 UTC
20:15 cait #endmeeting
20:15 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the IRC home of Koha | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
20:15 huginn Meeting ended Tue Mar 22 20:15:26 2016 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
20:15 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-03-22-19.02.html
20:15 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]6-03-22-19.02.txt
20:15 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]22-19.02.log.html
20:15 cait thx all
20:15 bag thanks cait
20:16 tcohen cait++
20:16 pianohacker cait++
20:16 cait not sure that's the best time, everyone is tired but rangi :)
20:16 cait well, maybe just europe
20:17 cait ..or me
20:17 pianohacker it's not ideal for the two western US time zones, but we should have france
20:18 * cait recruits pianohacker to help her fix her opac
20:19 drojf i was asked to say something about ES in koha at the catmandu hackathon, so we better get that tested :)
20:20 cait you can start right now :P
20:20 bag drojf++
20:20 drojf unfortunately i can't. but i will at gbsd
20:24 tcohen bye #koha
20:30 cait pianohacker: ? :)
20:30 cait or someone else keen on helping me fix my opac?
20:32 rangi did you see the last comment on the bug?
20:32 rangi about fastmmap?
20:32 cait yeah
20:32 cait buti have no idea where that setting is :(
20:32 rangi thats the way to fix it
20:32 * cait confesses to have no idea about this
20:32 cait where do i need to look?
20:33 rangi basically we need to remove fastmmap as an option
20:34 rangi until then
20:34 kathryn joined #koha
20:34 rangi you want to switch it to memcache in apache
20:35 rangi or
20:35 cait ok
20:35 cait hwich file?
20:35 rangi sudo apt-get remove cache-fastmmap-perl
20:35 cait http-conf?
20:35 rangi yup
20:35 cait thx, maybe that was the missing piece
20:35 cait let me see what i am using
20:36 Francesca joined #koha
20:36 cait SetEnv MEMCACHED_SERVERS ""
20:36 cait SetEnv MEMCACHED_NAMESPACE ""
20:36 cait SetEnv CACHING_SYSTEM fastmmap
20:36 rangi yeah
20:36 rangi change that
20:36 wahanui rangi: that doesn't look right
20:36 wahanui joined #koha
20:36 rangi the CACHING_SYSTEM one
20:36 cait changing and restarting sec
20:37 cait opac is back
20:37 cait !
20:37 cait do i still need to restart the memcache server for changes to take effect?
20:37 cait or can i just turn off caching?
20:39 rangi if you want to actually test the caching
20:39 rangi you need to definie your server etc
20:39 rangi if you want to test it without a cache, leave it as it is
20:39 rangi make sense?
20:39 cait but keep sytem memcached or empty that out again?
20:41 cait it's late for tonight - i think i will skip memcache fo rnow
20:41 cait and spend some more time with bugs
20:41 rangi either or
20:41 cait i also need to figure out why i can't receive serial issue items
20:41 cait hm?
20:43 cait does it mean both is fine?
20:45 rangi yeah the same thing should happen with both
20:45 cait ok, thx a lot
20:59 cbrannon joined #koha
21:13 Karl_H Hi, I've got another question. I'm running into a problem with my maketest and I'm not sure what's going wrong:
21:14 Karl_H Using Ubuntu 14.04 here
21:14 cait Karl_H: whch version are you installing?
21:14 rangi are you doing some dev work?
21:14 rangi or building packages?
21:14 wahanui hmmm... building packages is really easy.
21:15 Karl_H I'm trying to follow the directions here: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]a_on_ubuntu_-_git
21:15 rangi (because if you are installing you should be using packages on ubuntu :))
21:15 rangi ah, so you can do dev?
21:15 rangi ie, you arent going to run from production with git eh? (cos that's a really bad idea)
21:15 Karl_H I'd like to do some dev stuff eventually but I feel like I'm still learning the ropes on git
21:15 rangi if you want to just get a koha up and going, the packages are the easiest way
21:16 Karl_H we already have a production server, this is just a test server for development and debugging
21:16 rangi cool
21:16 rangi in that case
21:16 rangi you can continue the way you are going
21:16 rangi or you could use the devbox
21:16 rangi
21:17 rangi Karl_H: that looks like a bug in the test itself, not the code, so you can ignore that, we will try to fix the test
21:19 Karl_H okay that is good to know
21:20 wizzyrea prices.t there was a bug for that
21:21 wizzyrea https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=15323
21:21 huginn Bug 15323: normal, P5 - low, ---, chris, REOPENED , ./t/Prices.t fails without a valid database
21:22 wizzyrea which is exactly your error looks like
21:24 Karl_H okay, I'll proceed with the install and see if it affects anything
21:25 Karl_H rangi: appreciate vagrant link but don't know vagrant either :)
21:25 wizzyrea there are good instructions >.>
21:26 wizzyrea hm actually that devbox is a little broken at the moment
21:32 wizzyrea Karl_H: in truth though you have to know about 0 about vagrant to run the devbox
21:32 bag Karl_H: it’s totally worth it when you’ve got sometime to do the kohadevbox
21:32 wizzyrea you do need to know how to work an editor, and that's pretty much it.
21:33 wizzyrea (except that the devbox is a bit broken)
21:33 wizzyrea broken = you can't set up a superlibrarian
21:33 bag using the ansible branch has saved me mucho times ;)
21:34 wizzyrea *shrug*
21:34 Karl_H I guess if it is simpler to use then I will give it a shot
21:35 pianohacker just to add one more voice: I'm the only dev at bywater that doesn't use it, and that's purely because I'm an old curmudgeon :) So you should give it a shot
21:37 Karl_H okay, I will give that a try next. :) but first I am going to see if this install I'm doing now will actually work if I make it
21:38 Karl_H thanks all!
21:39 wizzyrea good luck :)
21:54 rocio joined #koha
22:04 irma joined #koha
22:09 * drojf calls it a day
22:09 drojf good night #koha
22:34 rocio left #koha
22:36 Francesca joined #koha
22:39 irma joined #koha
22:39 magnuse joined #koha
22:44 Francesca joined #koha
22:51 BobB joined #koha
23:00 Francesca joined #koha
23:01 tcohen joined #koha
23:11 tcohen hi
23:11 wahanui kia ora, tcohen
23:12 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15585: Remove "shift on reference is experimental" warning <[…]18beabb3980b0b1d0> / Bug 15585 - Move C4::Passwordrecovery to the new namespace Koha::Patron::Password... <[…]3dbe5d75740552445>
23:17 bag hi tcohen
23:19 tcohen hi bag
23:19 bag how’s the little dude doing?
23:20 tcohen ah, he's doing great, he's laughing all the time
23:20 bag excellent!   made me crack a big smile reading that
23:20 tcohen i couldn't keep my stressed face
23:20 tcohen he just made me smile heh
23:20 bag see great minds think alike
23:21 bag manuel++
23:28 cait bye all
23:30 bag bye bye cait
23:30 bag sleep well
23:30 edveal joined #koha
23:32 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15809: Redefine multi_param is CGI < 4.08 is used <[…]f9b98ec884c2c25b5>
23:45 tcohen bye cait!
23:51 papa joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary