IRC log for #koha, 2016-03-01

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:07 pianohacker when did login stop redirecting to the page you were trying to access?
00:16 wizzyrea which login
00:16 pianohacker bug 15945
00:16 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15945 minor, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Not redirected back to original page after login
00:16 pianohacker 912f238c5e4efa275e74cde77de184473e1f2dd7,
00:17 wizzyrea oh I guess you know the answer then
00:18 pianohacker wizzyrea: yes, but it makes me sad
00:18 pianohacker because I really liked that and I'm not sure how to fix that
01:28 rocio left #koha
01:30 rocio joined #koha
01:30 rocio left #koha
03:04 jcamins wizzyrea: if you line up custard brownies, regular brownies, and soufflé brownies, the differences are quite striking. The soufflé brownie is 50% taller than the custard brownie, with the regular brownie roughly in the middle. The soufflé brownie has a much finer crumb, though the other two look more-or-less the same, crumb-wise. The top of the soufflé brownie is a matte brown so dark as to be nearly black, the custard brownie has a much ...
03:04 jcamins ... lighter, glossy top, and the regular brownie has a mixture of dark matte and light glossy.
03:04 jcamins The More You Know.
03:04 Rastus_Vernon joined #koha
03:05 wizzyrea I approve of your scientific approach to brownies
03:06 jcamins wizzyrea: I told you how to select a non-dairy shortening for brownies, right?
03:06 wizzyrea lol no
03:06 jcamins Well... which one to choose.
03:06 wizzyrea just use coconut oil?
03:06 wizzyrea >.> that's my solution.
03:07 wizzyrea DONE>
03:07 wizzyrea ^.^
03:07 jcamins Good guess, but I didn't have enough coconut oil on hand, and that wasn't the question.
03:07 wizzyrea I am not a very technical baker.
03:07 wizzyrea ok how?
03:07 wizzyrea which?
03:07 wahanui which is a different bucket of crazy
03:07 jcamins Step 1: Consider your audience. Step 2: Decide if they are sophisticated. Step 3: If they are sophisticated, use cold pressed olive oil; if they are not, use vegetable oil.
03:07 jcamins Or, rather, have a sophisticated palate.
03:07 wizzyrea hm.
03:07 * wizzyrea still goes for coconut oil
03:07 wizzyrea ^.^
03:08 wizzyrea I always have a jug of it
03:08 jcamins Also, coconut allergies.
03:08 jcamins They suck.
03:08 wizzyrea yes, that's problematic.
03:08 jcamins One of my best friends is allergic to coconut. :(
03:08 wizzyrea what a terrible thing to be allergic to
03:08 jcamins Everyone else is lactose intolerant.
03:08 wizzyrea I'd be unhappy. If I lost either avocados or coconut my life would be sadder.
03:08 wizzyrea more sad.
03:08 wizzyrea there we go.
03:09 wizzyrea Skipping rebuild/update because flock failed on /var/lock/koha/site/rebuild/rebuild..LCK: Resource temporarily unavailable
03:09 wizzyrea I STILL LOVE THIS.
03:09 wizzyrea best ever.
03:09 jcamins That is such a good idea.
03:09 wizzyrea it's in Koha now!
03:09 wizzyrea it does this smart thing all on it's own!
03:10 wizzyrea a+ team :)
03:10 jcamins Anyway, regarding the selection of vegetable oil or olive oil, I was expecting to find that (almost) everyone preferred olive oil, or that it was random.
03:10 wizzyrea (it's been like this for a while)
03:10 jcamins I know.
03:10 jcamins It changed while I was still using Koha.
03:10 jcamins Regularly.
03:10 wizzyrea hehe
03:11 jcamins In a surprise of epic proportions, I was able to predict which brownie a person would prefer by asking "do you cook a lot" in all but three cases.
03:11 wizzyrea tfw you realise that the reason the item type searches are bringing no results is because there are NO RECORDS PROVIDED in that item type.
03:11 wizzyrea lol
03:11 jcamins In those three cases, they didn't cook but still preferred olive oil.
03:11 jcamins Confetti!
03:11 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
03:11 jcamins Search is working!
03:11 jcamins Search?
03:11 wahanui Search is for the patrons not the librarians
03:13 wizzyrea working as expected given the parameters, I'd say. :)
03:18 burdsjm joined #koha
03:44 wizzyrea 3.10 -> 3.22 takes aaaaaages
04:03 burdsjm_ joined #koha
05:42 Francesca joined #koha
05:59 cait joined #koha
06:02 mario joined #koha
06:12 hyvaria joined #koha
06:35 magnuse joined #koha
06:38 cdickinson_ joined #koha
06:46 * magnuse waves
07:15 * cait sighs about uri escaping in xslt
07:15 cait bug 14441
07:15 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14441 normal, P5 - low, ---, mtj, Signed Off , TrackClicks cuts off/breaks URLs
07:35 alex_a joined #koha
07:42 reiveune joined #koha
07:43 reiveune hello
07:43 wahanui privet, reiveune
07:54 laurence joined #koha
08:08 Joubu hi
08:15 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:15 gaetan_B bonjour
08:39 magnuse bonjour!
08:50 LibraryClaire joined #koha
08:52 LibraryClaire morning
08:58 magnuse hiya LibraryClaire
09:01 LibraryClaire hey magnuse :)
09:02 Joubu @later tell tcohen, ping me about the Circ_issuingrule tests, I don't understand what you meant
09:02 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
09:07 LibraryClaire @wunder LCY
09:07 huginn LibraryClaire: The current temperature in London City, United Kingdom is 9.0°C (8:50 AM GMT on March 01, 2016). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 87%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Pressure: 29.89 in 1012 hPa (Falling).
09:09 cait joined #koha
09:10 cait morning #koha
09:10 magnuse @wunder boo
09:10 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo Vi, Norway is 2.0°C (10:00 AM CET on March 01, 2016). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 55%. Dew Point: -4.0°C. Pressure: 29.79 in 1009 hPa (Falling).
09:10 magnuse kia ora cait
09:15 LibraryClaire hi cait :)
09:15 cait hi all
09:24 johan joined #koha
09:27 johan hello, i was wondering if anyone can help me, with a question concerning adding books with Cyrillic letters, when I add the books the letters are simle dark blocks with question marks.  I am new in koha (any help will really be appreciated!
09:31 cait johan: how are you adding the letters?
09:31 cait um adding the records
09:32 gaetan_B johan: hello, also what kind of computer are you using?
09:32 amaravati joined #koha
09:32 johan i am using ubuntu,
09:32 * gaetan_B is not sure if it really matters
09:33 cait are you entering the data manually or are you trying to import records?
09:33 gaetan_B cait's idea is probably better
09:33 johan i go to tools, Stage MARC records for import,
09:33 cait ok
09:33 cait are your records utf-8/unicode?
09:33 johan yes
09:33 cait did you select that encoding on improting?
09:34 cait koha can handle data in all kinds of scripts - an encoding issue with the data is the most likely thing
09:34 amaravati Hello! I was hoping to get some help with search in Koha. We have English books, but also chinese, korean, japanese books. But Opac/koha can't search these records (it just give all the 'non' latin records). I tried this[…]-in-koha-and.html but can't complete it becuase the cfg files doesn't seem to be there (running Koha 3.22 on Jessie)
09:34 johan well, not exactly sure what yo mean, i apologise, it is a rusmarx file
09:35 johan rusmarc file
09:35 cait amaravati: have a look for ICU in the koha wiki - it's an indexing option that is needed in order for non-lating search to work alright
09:35 cait amaravati: but it's a solvable thing - once you have icu, things will work
09:35 johan .rmc
09:35 amaravati is Turned on...but still doesn't give any difference (i did rebuild zebra afterwards)
09:36 cait it#s not enough to switch the preference
09:36 amaravati Fuzzy search etc are turn off..
09:37 amaravati cait: what do you mean? what else todo?
09:37 Francesca joined #koha
09:38 cait you need to set it up server side too one sec
09:38 cait take a look here for an example: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]of_Arabic_records
09:39 amaravati I saw that before. Does that mean I have to add 'manually' for chinese the edits on words-icu.xml?
09:39 amaravati Also for korean, for japanese 'etc'
09:39 amaravati (like polish https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]f_Polish_records)
09:41 cait no
09:41 cait just leave that out and use the standard file that is already part of koha
09:41 cait that is only some advanced things that you don't need when you enter the characters as you want them to be found
09:42 cait ah sorry, i misread
09:42 cait sorry, i am confusing
09:42 amaravati ?
09:42 cait you want to change manually the default.idx file
09:43 amaravati Yes... done!
09:43 cait but using the words-icu.xml that comes with koha as is should be fine
09:43 amaravati add the line icuchain words-icu.xml (twice), which I didn't do before...
09:43 amaravati Now I am rebuilding zebra
09:43 amaravati let's see
09:43 cait johan: i think your .rusmarc file is maybe not unicode encoded
09:43 cait i am not sure what other differences between rusmarc and marc21 there are, but maybe something to investigage
09:44 cait amaravati: keeping fingers crossed
09:44 johan thank you, will continue to look
09:45 amaravati finger crossed
09:52 amaravati is working! Thanks Cait!
09:53 amaravati But need to say, it is a bit of confusing with all those 'solutions' on the net! :(
09:55 cait sory for that - not really a way to stop it tho
09:55 cait in general starting at the wiki is a good advice
09:57 cait it's probably the most up to date documentation apart from the manual
09:58 amaravati Would it also make sense to add some 'extra text' in the Koha -> icu option. That one need to 'do more on the server side'?
10:09 cait it could be more clear i think
10:09 cait Please note: This setting will not affect Zebra indexing, it should only be used to tell Koha that you have activated ICU indexing if you have actually done so, since there is no way for Koha to figure this out on its own.
10:09 cait it does try to tell you :)
10:40 cait but the word 'server-side' would probably help
11:02 Joubu alex_a: what's the status of bug 15832?
11:02 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15832 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Pending reserves: duplicates branches in datatable filter
11:02 Joubu (test plan missing)
11:10 alex_a I did that ?
11:12 alex_a oh yes
11:32 alex_a Joubu: status changed, test plan added. Sorry for that
11:32 Joubu np!
11:39 irma joined #koha
12:42 kivilahtio joined #koha
12:44 tcohen joined #koha
12:44 meliss joined #koha
12:56 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:59 amaravati joined #koha
12:59 ericar joined #koha
13:00 amaravati Hey... anyone know why /cgi-bin/koha/ in koha stops in October 2015? (About Koha --> timeline)
13:01 Joubu amaravati: because it has not been updated since October
13:02 amaravati haha :)
13:02 amaravati OK, Joubu..touche
13:02 Joubu see bug 7143
13:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7143 trivial, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Passed QA , Bug for tracking changes to the about page
13:02 amaravati Thankss! didn't know this was logged already
13:03 kidclamp joined #koha
13:08 amaravati Hi, anyone know how to 'solve' You are missing the <log4perl_conf> entry in your koha-conf.xml file. Please add it, pointing to the log4perl.conf file for your Koha instance
13:08 tcohen morning
13:09 kidclamp morning
13:22 atheia joined #koha
13:28 magnuse kia ora tcohen kidclamp atheia
13:28 nengard joined #koha
13:28 francharb Good morning #koha
13:30 NateC joined #koha
13:30 kidclamp hi magnuse
13:31 oleonard joined #koha
13:31 oleonard Hi #koha
13:32 atheia hi magnuse!
13:37 magnuse nengard! NateC! oleonard!
13:38 nengard :)
13:38 nengard magnuse!!!
13:38 wahanui magnuse is a Norwegian giant.
13:38 NateC greetings magnuse !!
13:38 tcohen hi magnuse NateC
13:39 druthb magnuse! nengard! NateC! oleonard! cait!!
13:40 NateC druthb!!!
13:40 wahanui She's really more trouble than she's worth, you know?
13:41 * druthb pats wahanui on the head
13:42 vera joined #koha
13:47 drojf joined #koha
13:47 drojf hi #koha
13:49 edveal joined #koha
13:51 bigbrovar joined #koha
14:01 JoshB joined #koha
14:17 Joubu @later tell tcohen about "t_db_dependent_Circulation_I​ssuingrule_t.GetIssuingCharge returns issuingrule1's informations (47)", could you check the table structure of issuingrules on D7?
14:17 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:17 meliss joined #koha
14:22 tcohen joined #koha
14:23 cma joined #koha
14:26 mario joined #koha
14:34 drojf left #koha
14:40 Rastus_Vernon joined #koha
14:50 bag morning
14:51 amyk joined #koha
14:51 bag @nickometer BAG
14:51 huginn bag: I've exhausted my database of quotes
14:51 bag :P
15:01 * cait waves
15:01 cait am here
15:01 bag hi there
15:01 wahanui hey, bag
15:02 cait but could someone else co-chair please?
15:02 bag hmm let me see
15:02 bag khall: can you chair?
15:02 khall bag: I don't know how!
15:02 khall are there any quick docs?
15:02 cait i will start the meeting
15:02 cait and just add you as another chair
15:02 bag I will not be here for the whole meeting but I’ll help you khall
15:02 cait so you can switch topic etc
15:03 khall cool, can do then!
15:03 cait it's been quite a chaotic day - sorry I am a bit confused today
15:03 bag well let’s see how many people we have today cait
15:04 bag if it’s just the 3 of us - maybe no meeting
15:04 cait #startmeeting Development IRC Meeting 1 March 2016
15:04 huginn Meeting started Tue Mar  1 15:04:25 2016 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
15:04 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:04 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC Meeting 1 March 2016)
15:04 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_1_march_2016'
15:04 cait #chair khall
15:04 huginn Current chairs: cait khall
15:04 cait #chair bag
15:04 huginn Current chairs: bag cait khall
15:04 cait #topic Introductions
15:04 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC Meeting 1 March 2016)
15:04 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
15:04 cait Please introduce yourself with #info
15:05 bag #info Brendan Gallagher, ByWater
15:05 cait Today's agenda is at https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ting_1_March_2016
15:06 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ
15:06 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
15:06 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
15:06 hector joined #koha
15:07 slef #info MJ Ray,
15:07 bag hey slef
15:07 slef hi
15:07 wahanui hello, slef
15:08 cait moving on?
15:08 slef +1
15:09 cait #topic Announcements
15:09 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC Meeting 1 March 2016)
15:09 cait just giving the RM a chance to say something ;)
15:09 bag caught up last week with the queue - well sort of
15:09 bag lots of follow up this week
15:09 bag somethings are broken - but we’ve got time to work on those
15:10 bag jenkins being stable is a going to be a big push in the next month or two
15:10 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
15:10 bag I will keep looking at the patches
15:10 atheia #info Alex Sassmannshausen, PTFS Europe
15:10 bag I am interested in a discussion about 11081
15:10 bag bug 11081
15:10 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11081 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, frederic, Pushed to Master , Port Koha::Contrib::Tamil indexer into Koha code base
15:10 hector #info Hector Castro, Universidad de El Salvador
15:10 khall bag: It's on the agenda
15:10 nengard #info Nicole Engard, ByWater Solutions
15:10 cait ah, channel is filling up
15:11 NateC #info Nate Curulla ByWater Solutions
15:11 bag but I think we need more people here - so maybe I’ll bring that to general meeting instead?
15:11 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries
15:11 cait bag: this or next meeting?
15:11 barton #info Barton Chittenden, Bywater
15:12 khall bag: I think the subject matter is more appropriate for a developer meeting than a general meeting, but that's your call
15:12 cait my feeling is that we should evaluate how much needed it is... becuse Moose is rather big I was tol
15:12 cait d
15:12 bag let’s talk now
15:12 cait and we keep adding a lot to the dependencies
15:12 cait wait a sec
15:12 jzairo joined #koha
15:12 cait switching topic
15:12 cait #topic Discussion on bug 11081 - Moose
15:12 Topic for #koha is now Discussion on bug 11081 - Moose (Meeting topic: Development IRC Meeting 1 March 2016)
15:12 cait ok now
15:13 bag yes cait that’s a “con”  - it’s big
15:13 khall I don't consider that such a con unless that has an acutal impact somehow
15:13 bag https://bugs.koha-community.or[…].cgi?id=11081#c30
15:13 huginn Bug 11081: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, frederic, Pushed to Master , Port Koha::Contrib::Tamil indexer into Koha code base
15:13 khall it's always very popular and widely used
15:14 cait #link  https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=11081
15:14 huginn Bug 11081: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, frederic, Pushed to Master , Port Koha::Contrib::Tamil indexer into Koha code base
15:14 bag I think that’s the comment that we need to understand - right?  comment number 30
15:14 cait i haven't had time to research where we left discussion last time
15:15 cait I think there was a big consensus that Moo is ok - but disagreements about Moose
15:15 cait what is not clear to me - we already have the koha indexer - does the tamil one bring a big advantage over it?
15:15 cait just trying to understand the importance of this dev
15:15 khall as far as my research has shown, the only downside to Moose is the startup cost, after startup Moose is about as fast as Moo, but that startup cost is why we cannot use it for CGI scripts
15:16 cait I ws told it pulls in a lot of packages - so that makes me a bit worried about maintaining it as a dependency for a single feature
15:16 khall cait: afaik the current indexing daemon has issues and is not recommended, this is a replacement for that
15:17 khall I think the standard practice at the moment is to use the fast indexer cron script
15:17 khall but, that means a delay of at least minutes between a record being catalogued and it showing in searches, which frustrates librarians
15:17 khall the daemon is meant to resolve that issue
15:18 cait khall: hm that's new to me
15:18 cait to my knowledge tcohen has used it for a while
15:18 cait i think we are talking about different things
15:18 khall cait: to address your last comment, Moose is very popular, so the only real issue is the use of MooseX modules which are not in Debian. However, they've already been packaged in our own debian repo
15:19 cait the old old way was dropped in prefrence of the cronjob, but i know tcohen has been running an indexer
15:19 khall I don't think we need to worry about Moose maintenance due to it's popularity
15:19 khall cait: I may be out of date on the current state of the old indexing daemon ; )
15:19 cait i'd really like to get an opinion from gmcharlt is packaging maintainer
15:19 slef Is Moose upstream friendly towards packaging and backwards stability?
15:20 cait khall: give me a moment to dig it up
15:20 cait i think you might have missed something - but we will check that :)
15:20 slef (I've just seen another popular package elsewhere be abandoned due to upstream hostility/abusiveness)
15:20 cait koha-indexer in the packages i think
15:21 cait ok, this is a bug related to the feature, but not the base bug
15:21 cait https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=15011
15:21 cait gmcharlt: ?
15:21 bag ok well still more discussion is needed.  I will leave it for now.  I was hoping tcohen could be around
15:22 Joubu http://meetings.koha-community[…]15-15.06.log.html
15:22 cait khall: maybe bug 8773
15:22 Joubu this is the meeting log of the Moo vs Moose discussion
15:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8773 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, CLOSED FIXED, Add per-instance koha-index-daemon in .deb setup
15:22 bag ah good thanks Joubu - I’ll read that later - that should help me
15:22 cait Launch an indexing daemon ( -daemon) process for each enabled instance. Enabling/disabling the use of the indexer is handled by global configuration variables in /etc/default/koha-common.  Also provides command line tools to manage the running indexer daemons for your instances.
15:23 bag I think we can move on for now cait - that has taking a bunch of time
15:23 cait ok, one sec
15:23 khall Joubu: That entire discussion was in the context of using Moose in CGI scripts, so I don't believe it applies in this case.
15:23 cait any action items we shoudl log?
15:23 khall What we need to do is decide if we should allow Moose in CLI applications, or make it verboten in general
15:23 khall cait: I suggest we start a koha-devel thread for this
15:23 cait ok
15:23 Joubu khall: I don't think so, it was about bug 11190, which is a cmd line script
15:23 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11190 new feature, P5 - low, ---, frederic, Pushed to Stable , -- Generate a catalog sitemap
15:24 cait can you start it?
15:24 bag I would say - yup what khall said
15:24 cait #action khall to start mailing list thread about Moose in context of command line scripts
15:24 cait moving on to the coding guidlines
15:24 cait #topic Review Coding Guidelines
15:24 Topic for #koha is now Review Coding Guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC Meeting 1 March 2016)
15:25 cait there are currently no proposals for new coding guidelines
15:25 khall Joubu: you are correct, my memory was not so good ; )
15:25 cait so we will move to the 'reword/update'
15:25 cait i had something prepared... but left the file on my laptop at home
15:25 cait so if you are ok with that, i'd move to the second first
15:25 cait JS4
15:26 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]h_other_variables
15:26 cait We used to recommend: Avoid building sentences by concatenating multiple translatable strings.  Your language may not use the same sentence structure. The best options  keep strings at the beginning or end of a construction. This is  incorrect:
15:26 cait IMO this no longer applies
15:26 cait we have a better wy now to handle this
15:27 * oleonard agrees
15:27 cait Introduced by bug 15662
15:27 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15662 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, aleishaamohia, Pushed to Master , String and translatability fix to Label Creator
15:27 cait hmm
15:27 cait maybe that is the wrong bug
15:28 cait ok, does someone have the right informationa bout the format syntax? :)
15:28 khall bug 12138
15:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12138 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, pasi.kallinen, CLOSED FIXED, Use placeholders in translatable javascript strings
15:28 cait thx a lot
15:28 cait khall++
15:28 khall : )
15:28 cait #link[…]_bug.cgi?id=12138
15:28 huginn Bug 12138: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, pasi.kallinen, CLOSED FIXED, Use placeholders in translatable javascript strings
15:28 cait so we shoudl recommend that
15:29 cait and vetos? :)
15:29 khall +1 by me
15:29 cait the example looks somewhat like this: _("Are you sure you want to delete the %s attached items?").format(count)
15:30 cait and this will give the translator %s placeholders they can move around and a single sentence to translate instead of bits and pieces of a sentence
15:30 cait +1 by me too
15:30 oleonard +1
15:30 Joubu +1
15:30 cait would someone volunteer to rewrite the rule with an example?
15:30 atheia +1
15:31 kidclamp +1
15:31 * oleonard volunteers
15:31 khall thanks oleonard!
15:31 bag +1
15:32 cait #action oleonard to rewrite JS4 rule in light of bug 12138
15:32 cait next is PERL7
15:33 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ERL7:_Definitions
15:33 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]lines#Terminology
15:33 ablj joined #koha
15:33 cait i'd like to replace PERL7 and the terminology link at the top by a single rule
15:34 talljoy joined #koha
15:34 cait referring to our terminology page first
15:34 cait and pointing out that the terms of the english interface should be considered the standard for naming things?
15:34 cait inside... andout - templates and code
15:35 khall agreed!
15:35 cait and maybe at odlis for new things to be named?
15:35 barton seconded! (or thirded?)
15:35 Joubu is the page ref
15:35 khall cait: that sounds reasonable and good
15:35 khall Joubu++ for his work to this end
15:35 cait hm terminology link at the bottom not at the top.... but i gave you a link anyway :)
15:36 cait Joubu++
15:36 bag Joubu++
15:36 cait so... terminology, english templates, odlis?
15:36 barton Joubu++
15:37 khall +1 from me
15:37 barton what is (are?) odlis?
15:38 khall #link
15:38 khall barton: a standard for library terminology
15:38 cait +1
15:38 cait someon willing to write that up?
15:39 * khall volunteers
15:39 cait #action khall to write up a new PERL7 version "terminology wiki page, templates, odlis"
15:40 cait are we ok to move on?
15:40 bag yup
15:40 barton +1
15:40 cait PERL12
15:40 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]s#PERL12:_VERSION
15:40 cait [Deprecated as of start of 3.12 release cycle] Each module should have a  $VERSION variable to preserve progressive levels of compatibility with  dependent code.
15:41 cait Action from last meeting: Verify if perlcritic complains about missing VERSION and figure out, if we want/can reconfigure it.
15:41 cait [mtompset] perlcritic does not complain about missing $VERSION  until -2, but since we only perlcritic to -5, there is no need to keep  this.
15:41 cait the vote would be to obsolete this one and remove it from the coding guidelines
15:41 cait i am not sure if there are remaining $VERSION that shoudl be actively removed from the codebase
15:43 Joubu Maybe the best would be to keep it up to date
15:43 cait hm?
15:43 Joubu perl-reversion can help us
15:44 Joubu[…]es/perl-reversion
15:44 Joubu There is no point to keep $VERSION=3.07.*, as we don't update it
15:44 cait ok, so that would be a second proposal
15:44 cait instead of removing - using it :)
15:44 Joubu but it would make sense to keep it (I think I have read somewhere it's a good practice)
15:45 cait maybe a silly question... but what is it good for when we are using git to track all changes?
15:45 Joubu it could be added to the release script
15:45 cait hm what do people think?
15:45 barton it can help with dependency tracking.
15:46 khall I tend to agree, for example the NCIP server uses Koha libraries, and could have different connector modules depending on the Koha version.
15:46 khall since the API may change
15:47 khall I would suggest it be a function of the RM ( scriptable if possible ) to update the Module versions with each release.
15:47 cait could you write up proposal about this?
15:47 khall Joubu: would you be willing to add that to the release script?
15:48 khall cait: I think that pretty much *is* the proposal ; )
15:48 Joubu yes, will do
15:48 bag sweet
15:48 khall Joubu++
15:49 ericar_ joined #koha
15:49 khall cait: Add and update $VERSION variables for all Koha modules so API changes can be dealt with by external projects using Koha modules
15:51 cait ok - waht about the coding guiedeline?
15:51 cait undeprecate it?
15:52 cait or just add a note that they will be dealt with automatically and hsould not be touched?
15:52 khall Joubu: what do you think?
15:53 Joubu yes, should not be touched, but what about new modules?
15:53 Joubu set as the version used in master I'd say
15:53 khall agreed
15:54 cait ok, someone to write that up?
15:54 khall Joubu: initially? I don't think the Module versions should change unless some api changes
15:55 khall but I think using the Koha version to set the initial version would be fine
15:55 cait the first version to be set on a new file?
15:55 cait was that the question?
15:55 Joubu I will have a look at the common best practices, and let you know
15:55 khall and then if any api changes, update the module version to the current Koha version?
15:55 khall Joubu: excellent
15:55 Joubu I'd say: Set Koha::version to all our modules
15:56 Joubu for new modules, use the current koha::version
15:56 Joubu and update module $version for stable branches only
15:56 khall #action Joubu will look into best practices for dealing with module versioning
15:56 khall I think that sounds pretty good
15:56 cait #info New proposal to make use of the Versioning instead of removing it
15:57 cait ok
15:57 cait the last is a proposal from khall about restructuring hte page
15:58 cait i think we have some double ups and inconsistencies
15:58 cait and also probably we need a better numbering/naming scheme
15:59 geek_cl joined #koha
15:59 cait it's a bit long and daunting... maybe pslitting it up into smaller pieces?
15:59 khall Maybe we get rid of the numbering scheme altogehter and just use names
15:59 Joubu I'd love to get all of them on the same page
15:59 cait one page for all?
16:00 khall e.g. Coding Guidelines => Perl => Object Oriented
16:00 cait it would help with deprecating things
16:00 khall I think one page is still adequate for the time being
16:00 oleonard I thought the proposal was to break it into separate pages?
16:00 cait it was something i suggested
16:00 cait maybe it could be just clear sections
16:00 TGoat joined #koha
16:00 cait not every new developer will need database/perl - my idea was if we could make it a bit less daunting
16:00 khall I think one page vs many pages is not a serious issue at the moment, we can always break it up later if need be
16:01 cait but yeah, mostly it needs a restructuring i think
16:01 khall I would still propose we follow the structure of[…]coding-standards/
16:01 cait i'd like to see how khall's idea turns out
16:01 cait #link[…]coding-standards/
16:01 khall and maybe take some of it's suggestions as well
16:02 oleonard I like that, and plan to suggest some of their guidelines for HTML and CSS.
16:02 cait ok
16:02 cait so shall we vote?
16:02 cait on having kyle draw up a draft ?
16:03 khall sure!
16:03 cait +1
16:03 oleonard +1
16:03 hector +1
16:03 bag +1
16:03 Joubu +1
16:03 khall +1
16:03 nengard +1
16:03 kidclamp +1
16:04 cait #action khall to draw up a draft following the structure of[…]coding-standards/
16:04 cait khall: could you take over for your suggestion for PERL7?
16:04 khall ok
16:05 khall I propose the following verbiage:
16:05 khall The same vocabulary should be used both in internally in source code ( Module names, variable names, etc ) and externally ( javascript, templates, etc ).
16:05 khall Canonical Koha terminology is listed on the [Terminology] page.
16:05 khall If you are developing a new feature that requires new terminology, please locate and use the matching term defined by [ODLIS](
16:05 khall If you cannot find an appropriate term via ODLIS, please bring the question to the Koha community via the Koha Developers Mailing List or the next Koha Developers IRC Meeting.
16:07 khall any questions? or shall we vote?
16:07 atheia typo: …used both in internally in…
16:07 atheia Should change to …used both internally in…
16:07 khall noted, thanks atheia. will fix
16:08 atheia np :-)
16:08 khall The same vocabulary should be used both internally in source code ( Module names, variable names, etc ) and externally ( javascript, templates, etc ).
16:08 khall Canonical Koha terminology is listed on the [Terminology] page.
16:08 khall If you are developing a new feature that requires new terminology, please locate and use the matching term defined by [ODLIS](
16:08 khall If you cannot find an appropriate term via ODLIS, please bring the question to the Koha community via the Koha Developers Mailing List or the next Koha Developers IRC Meeting.
16:08 wahanui i already had it that way, khall.
16:09 Joubu /(members|borrowers|users)/patrons/g #easy
16:09 khall heh
16:09 khall any other questions or comments?
16:10 khall shall we vote then?
16:11 kidclamp yes
16:11 khall +1
16:11 hector +1
16:11 cait +1
16:11 kidclamp +1
16:12 bag +1
16:12 Joubu +1
16:12 atheia +1
16:14 khall #action khall will update the PERL7 rule to match the agreed verbiage
16:15 cait thx khall
16:15 cait ok, onw it's about 1:15 in
16:15 cait shall we try to look at another topic or continue next time?
16:15 khall If we have a minute I think we can put the Moose / Moo issue to rest
16:16 khall I would like to recant my position based on the fact the Joubu pointed out that my memory is bad ; )
16:16 cait ok?
16:16 cait so are we sticking with Moo?
16:17 cait i haven't read up on Joubu's link *confesses*
16:17 khall Based on the past discussion I think we should add a simple rule that says "No Moose, use Moo" and we should revert the bug
16:17 Joubu use Moo for cli scripts only?
16:17 khall I think the rule should just be "Use Moo, not Moose" in general
16:17 cait ok, quick vote?
16:17 Joubu that is the current consensus iirc
16:18 khall if it applies to CLI, it certainly applies to CGI
16:18 bag ok
16:18 Joubu if it applies to cgi, we will have to accept Koha::* using Moo
16:20 khall Joubu: would you propose only Koha::Object(s) and Class:Accessor only for CGI?
16:20 Joubu that's the current position
16:20 khall and bespoke OOP of course when applicable
16:21 khall that seems reasonable, I will write up a rule proposal for next time
16:21 pianohacker joined #koha
16:21 Joubu IMO we should not accept 3 different ways to implement Koha classes
16:21 edveal joined #koha
16:22 khall Joubu: I agree, I think Koha::Object(s) for db table driven objects, and Class:Accessor for non-db driven objects is acceptable
16:22 Joubu yep
16:22 * cait thinks either Joubu or khall shoudl write a proposal
16:23 cait we could also use this to fix the first point we left out today
16:23 cait [kfischer] Merge new PERL20 and PERL20.1 into PERL15
16:23 * khall volunteers
16:23 cait because that also touches koha::object and class::accessor
16:23 cait and shoudl be in one place imp
16:23 cait imo:)
16:23 khall cait: agreed, I will take all that into account
16:23 edveal left #koha
16:24 oleonard Speaking of the wiki, I'd love to get something like this to use:[…]SyntaxHighlighter
16:24 cait #action khall to propose a wording for the Moo,not Moose and PERL20, PERL20.1 and PERL15 fusion ;)
16:25 Joubu off topic: It would be good to know if people are using 3.22 in production, and if they have perf issues or not
16:26 cait i worked with one of our installations today.. it seemed certainly slower than 3.18
16:26 cait it's not live yet
16:26 cait and not using plack
16:26 Joubu I'd not recommend 3.22 without Plack
16:26 Joubu it will be terribly slow
16:26 cait in general,.. there were complaints about speed in the comments from Marshall's survey - but hard to tell without knowing specs/hardware
16:27 cait oleonard: i'd like the wiki to be updated a bit
16:27 cait not sure how possible it is
16:28 cait oleonard: maybe ask gmcharlt or put it on next meeting's agenda?
16:29 laurence left #koha
16:29 cait are we good to end here?
16:29 khall I think so
16:29 Joubu I have asked once to add a plugin to the wiki, someone told me no.
16:29 * Joubu does not remember who/what/when
16:29 cait #topic Set time and date of next meeting
16:29 Topic for #koha is now Set time and date of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC Meeting 1 March 2016)
16:29 gmcharlt I think a syntax highlighting plugin makes sense for the wiki
16:29 * oleonard will think of a good bribe
16:30 cait i think our wiki is a bit nonstandard... that's my impression
16:30 gmcharlt but first step will be a general mediawiki upgrade, as it's long overdue for one
16:30 cait gmcharlt: action item? ;)
16:30 hbraum joined #koha
16:30 gmcharlt cait: sure, why not
16:31 cait #action gmcharlt to update wiki and consider highlighting plugin
16:31 cait #link[…]SyntaxHighlighter
16:31 cait we got a lot done
16:31 cait do we need a meeting again in 2 weeks or switch to monthly?
16:32 bag no opinion
16:33 * oleonard votes 2 weeks
16:33 cait ok
16:33 cait so that woudl leave us with
16:33 cait 15th
16:33 cait I won't be able to attend in that week
16:34 cait because I will be at the german library congess
16:34 cait so someone else would have to take over chairing
16:34 bag I’ll be in italy so I can’t make it either
16:34 oleonard Okay never mind :)
16:34 cait 3 weeks? :)
16:35 cait tuesdday 22nd
16:35 cait 19UTC?
16:35 bag seems doable
16:36 cait #agreed next dev meeting will be at 22 march, 19 UTC
16:36 cait #endmeeting
16:36 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the IRC home of Koha | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
16:36 huginn Meeting ended Tue Mar  1 16:36:19 2016 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
16:36 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-03-01-15.04.html
16:36 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]6-03-01-15.04.txt
16:36 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]01-15.04.log.html
16:36 cait thx all - have a good rest of your day :)
16:37 oleonard cait++
16:37 bag thanks cait
16:38 reiveune bye
16:38 reiveune left #koha
17:03 edveal joined #koha
17:04 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Revert Bug 11081 - Port Koha::Contrib::Tamil indexer into Koha code base <[…]a7abc6c188af71e47>
17:08 geek_cl hi #koha pipl !
17:08 cait left #koha
17:08 geek_cl " Illegal date specified (year = 0, month = 0, day = 00) at /usr/share/koha/intranet/c​gi-bin/catalogue/ line 210" where i need to specify that timezone or date format ?
17:16 atheia left #koha
17:40 ericar joined #koha
17:40 oleonard geek_cl: Is that error causing problems? Or is it simply something you noticed in your error log?
17:41 geek_cl sometimes some items or records, not are 'showed', at opac or staff, giving a 504 Gateway Time-out / The server didn't respond in time.
17:44 JesseM joined #koha
17:45 cait joined #koha
17:47 geek_cl oleonard, also i'd like to know  where i need to specify that timezone or date format ?,  OS,KOHA,MYSQL
17:48 oleonard I think the error is saying that somewhere in your data there is a date '0000-00-00'
17:48 oleonard There is a dateformat system preference, but I don't think that is relevant to the error.
17:48 oleonard Koha gets the date and time zone from the server.
17:56 * oleonard grumbles that the error logs are so full of garbage these days it's hard to find what's relevant
18:16 hbraum joined #koha
18:16 rocio joined #koha
18:21 cdickinson_ joined #koha
18:34 gaetan_B bye
18:40 eythian oleonard: perhaps some selenium tests that also count errors?
18:40 eythian Warnings, rather
18:48 JesseM joined #koha
18:48 oleonard eythian: ?
18:49 eythian So that people who are things that increase warnings can be suitably punished.
18:49 eythian Because yes, the warnings in the logs cover up real issues.
18:50 eythian At catalyst, I had a monitor that would collect them and when things were quiet, we'd fix the most frequent ones. But there's a long, long tail.
18:51 oleonard I think it's mostly Bug 15809, so not introduced by a change to our code
18:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15809 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Failed QA , versions of CGI < 4.08 do not have multi_param
18:51 nengard left #koha
18:51 eythian Here, it you do a rollout, you have to watch the monitors for 15 or so minutes. It there's an increase in warnings, you must roll back.
18:51 eythian Ah yeah
18:52 eythian You can't control everything 🙂
18:52 oleonard Especially not unicode thingys which show up as little squares :P
18:55 eythian Get a better font, you can totally control that.
18:55 eythian Works fine in Ubuntu, iirc.
18:55 oleonard But you can't ;)
18:56 eythian I'm sure I could if I really wanted to 😉
18:59 * oleonard blames all future computer issues on eythian hacking him to install better fonts
18:59 eythian It's worth it, I'm sure.
19:08 rangi morning
19:14 oleonard Hi rangi
19:15 rangi hey oleonard
19:15 wahanui somebody said oleonard was not really here.  He said so.  He did!
19:16 oleonard eythian and rangi you missed a noncontroversial developers' meeting today.
19:16 rangi maybe thats why it was noncontroversial? :)
19:16 oleonard Yes, perhaps it wasn't controversial because you weren't there to tell us we made terrible choices?
19:17 rangi hehe
19:17 rangi i think the most controversial things at the moment are what frontend tools to use, and what to name the next release :)
19:18 oleonard Yeah I figured I'd agitate on the frontend tools issue at the next one if no progress had been made. I haven't heard the discussion about naming the next release.
19:19 * cait waves
19:19 cait baking muffins tonight :)
19:19 * chris_n breaks out the chocolate milk
19:19 rangi im leaning towards date based naming
19:20 rangi 16.05  and then 16.05.01 etc .. for a few reasons, 1/ it avoids confusion with the stuff that was called koha 4.x  2/ its easier for people to realise they are running old stuff
19:21 rangi otherwise we kinda just stick with 3.x forever .. or maybe jump to 5.x ... or give them names .. i dunno
19:21 rangi maybe it's not that contorversial
19:21 oleonard 16.05 as in May 2016?
19:21 rangi yup
19:21 cait date based would be fine by me too
19:21 rangi like ubuntu does
19:22 oleonard As long as we don't switch to using names which I have to go look up because I can't remember which comes after which.
19:22 rangi yup
19:22 * oleonard glares at Debian
19:22 rangi heh
19:22 bag that’s my plan - to bring that up
19:22 rangi they have numbers too, they are moving more towards that
19:22 bag I want to switch to 16.05
19:22 bag ;)
19:22 eythian I do like the idea of date based.
19:22 pianohacker as long as we're alphabetical it's not so bad
19:22 rangi ( oleonard jessie is 8 etc)
19:22 pianohacker Koha 16.05 Aggravated Authoritarian
19:23 rangi heh
19:23 bag Jesse is pianohacker ;)
19:23 rangi id be happy enough with just 16.05 i think
19:23 pianohacker pianohacker version 23
19:23 pianohacker gonna be rolling out a new release in early april
19:24 rangi its a hell of a lot easier to explain than 3.24
19:24 rangi which is actually the 12th 3.x release
19:24 rangi :)
19:25 eythian wahanui: oleonard jessie is debian 8
19:25 wahanui OK, eythian.
19:25 pianohacker the odd-even versioning would be more useful if we released more alphas or something under the odd numbers
19:26 pianohacker as it stands this won't make much of a difference
19:29 hector Hi oleonard
19:29 hector bug 15950 signed-off
19:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15950 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Use Font Awesome icons for acquisitions basket close confirmation
19:30 oleonard Hi hector. I don't think we've met on IRC yet have we?
19:30 oleonard Thanks for all your signoffs!
19:30 hector Noup, not yet
19:30 hector Your welcome
19:30 hector Hi, how are you?
19:31 oleonard I am well, thank you
19:31 oleonard @wunder 45701
19:31 huginn oleonard: The current temperature in Heatherstone, Athens, Ohio is 19.1°C (2:30 PM EST on March 01, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 37%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Pressure: 29.65 in 1004 hPa (Falling).
19:32 hector How do you get that?, i'm really newbie on this
19:33 eythian @wunder ams
19:33 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Schiphol, Badhoevedorp, Netherlands is 6.9°C (8:19 PM CET on March 01, 2016). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Windchill: 6.0°C. Pressure: 29.65 in 1004 hPa (Falling).
19:33 oleonard "@wunder" and then the name of the city or a zip code. Sometimes it take a few tries to get it right
19:33 oleonard eythian: An airport code?
19:33 hector @wunder El Salvador
19:33 huginn hector: Error: No such location could be found.
19:33 pianohacker hi hector !
19:33 hector Hi pianohacker
19:33 eythian oleonard: yeah, they work too
19:33 eythian @wunder nzwn
19:34 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 14.0°C (8:00 AM NZDT on March 02, 2016). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 59%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Pressure: 30.27 in 1025 hPa (Steady).
19:34 pianohacker I'm Jesse Weaver, I think I've seen you on a few of my bugs too. Didn't you test bug 11559?
19:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11559 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Pushed to Master , Professional cataloger's interface
19:34 bag @wunder pdx
19:34 huginn bag: The current temperature in Mikeshouse Cully, Portland, Oregon is 12.2°C (11:33 AM PST on March 01, 2016). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 88%. Dew Point: 10.0°C. Pressure: 29.71 in 1006 hPa (Falling). Wind Advisory in effect until 7 PM PST this evening...
19:34 oleonard @wunder san salvador, el salvador
19:34 huginn oleonard: The current temperature in APRSWXNET, San Salvador, El Salvador is 31.7°C (12:48 PM CST on March 01, 2016). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 43%. Dew Point: 18.0°C. Pressure: 30.00 in 1015.8 hPa.
19:34 eythian APRS eh. That's interesting
19:35 eythian Maybe when I get my local license I should build one of those.
19:37 eythian If I ask for Amsterdam weather, it tends to be further away than the airport:
19:37 eythian @wunder Amsterdam, nl
19:37 hector painohacker: yep I comment on that one, your interface is awesome
19:37 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Aalsmeer - Oost, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Netherlands is 7.7°C (8:36 PM CET on March 01, 2016). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Windchill: 6.0°C. Pressure: 29.65 in 1004 hPa (Falling).
19:38 eythian ...that is just past the airport.
19:39 oleonard hector do you work for a library or a support company?
19:39 eythian @wunder Amsterdam centraal
19:39 huginn eythian: Error: No such location could be found.
19:39 hector I'm librarian in Universidad de El Salvador
19:42 hector oleonard: That's why I sometimes do some weird questions
19:42 pianohacker rangi: been talking to bag about 3.22 performance; he mentioned something about reloading the schema. Is that referring to the initial startup cost, or what?
19:42 hector please be please be patient with me
19:43 bag of course hector
19:43 bag and welcome :)
19:43 hector thank you :)
19:44 rangi pianohacker: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]g.cgi?id=15341#c5 and https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=15350
19:44 huginn Bug 15341: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Performance - Retrieve all sysprefs at once
19:44 huginn Bug 15350: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, NEW , DBIx::Class Startup speed
19:44 oleonard wiki updated: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]4:_Use_the_format.28.29_method_to_join_variabl​es_with_translatable_strings
19:45 rangi the graph on 15350 is interesting
19:46 bag yup
19:46 rangi thats the startup cost of creating the schema object, I think under plack we do that way more than we should .. (we cant really avoid it under cgi)
19:46 pianohacker hmm
19:46 rangi i think it needs more investigation anyway
19:47 bag yeah
19:47 rangi certainly the more we use dbix::class the slower things get
19:47 rangi what we need to know is are we doing it wrong .. or is this just a cost of db independence, in which case .. are we sure want to keep doing it
19:47 rangi etc
19:49 bag ok the really important question - should I get lunch now?  and what should I eat?
19:50 bag I think I’ll have an iced espresso and then figure out that answer
19:51 pianohacker burrito
19:51 pianohacker rangi: do you know offhand how to get the NYTProf plack debugging thing to work?
19:52 rangi havent tried in a while, i'd drop joubu or tcohen a mail
19:52 pianohacker kk
19:55 JesseM joined #koha
19:59 oleonard Bye #koha
20:01 magnuse joined #koha
20:02 * cait waves at hector
20:02 hector Hi cait
20:05 pianohacker rangi: crazy idea I had that would require a bit of perl hacking; load stubs for all of the resultsets that only load the actual Result/*.pm's on demand?
20:06 bag the wind and rain outside is pretty intense on the windows in this tower
20:07 nuentoter joined #koha
20:13 rangi hmm that might work
20:14 pianohacker I'm also trying to figure out why Koha::Database::_new_schema is called on every page load
20:16 bag seems unnessicary
20:16 rangi yes
20:16 ericar_ joined #koha
20:19 * magnuse waves at all the cool people
20:21 pianohacker GAH
20:22 pianohacker C4::Auth::BEGIN -> C4::Context->preference -> C4::Context->dbh -> Koha::Database->schema({ new => 1 }) :(
20:22 pianohacker is that new => 1 really necessary?
20:23 pianohacker hm, I may be being confused by dead code
20:29 kathryn joined #koha
20:35 nuentoter testing out things and when I goto check out an item, i find the patron, enter the item barcode and click checkout, it tells me barcode does not exist. I look up the item and the barcode box is empty but when I click edit the barcode is there..... help?
20:39 aleisha joined #koha
20:39 cait nuentoter: interesting
20:39 wahanui interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
20:40 cait could you check your koha-to-marc-mappings?
20:41 kidclamp nuentoter - just to check, is the barcode in the barcode field?  I have often hit my head againast a barcode in the callnumber field
20:41 cait also that yes :)
20:41 nuentoter let me check right now,
20:47 nuentoter hmmmm In my koha to marc mapping it has barcode as 852 p when i believe it should be 952 p right?  if this is the case why is it even displaying one at all? my imported records have nothing in the 852 line, i swapped it all over to 952
20:49 cait some displays look up the mapping
20:49 cait others might look in items.barcode
20:49 cait s items.barcode mapped for the koha link?
20:49 cait it should be 952 - so your search works
20:50 nuentoter im sorry what do you mean?
20:51 cait hm things i'd do
20:51 cait - remap to 952p
20:51 cait also check the items table in your database to see where your barcode ended up
20:53 cait the database field is configured in the bibliographic marc framework - koha link - it maps items columsn to 952 subfields
20:53 nuentoter yeah just remapped it properly, when i set up the framework I had very little idea of the convoluted mess winnebago was going to give me with all the records, and I was also unnaware of many things
20:53 pianohacker rangi/bag: proposed slight improvement on bug 15350
20:53 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15350 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, NEW , DBIx::Class Startup speed
20:55 rangi cool
20:58 hector joined #koha
20:59 bag looking pianohacker
20:59 nuentoter everything looks ok in database and the rest of the matching stuff to me.
20:59 tcohen joined #koha
21:00 cait so the barcode column is filled? hm
21:01 nuentoter I missed an entire framework when importing stuff, didnt map anything for the dvds/vhs's
21:01 nuentoter seems ok now, just to find another error ..... not having a good day lol
21:01 nuentoter no cranchcode arguement
21:01 nuentoter no branchcode arguement
21:02 cait did you set a and b to the branchcode?
21:03 tcohen hi
21:03 wahanui hola, tcohen
21:03 tcohen hi cait
21:03 tcohen @seen mtompset
21:03 huginn tcohen: mtompset was last seen in #koha 6 days, 0 hours, 18 minutes, and 27 seconds ago: <mtompset> Have a good day, #koha.
21:11 nuentoter ok so i've never messed with branch code except during initial setup and I set it under admin to our one branch. but I have not done anything concerning branchcodes to the items ... where can i edit that?
21:16 irma joined #koha
21:20 cait maybe batchediting
21:20 cait ?
21:21 cait homebranch and holdingbranch
21:21 wahanui homebranch and holdingbranch are two different fields.
21:33 barbara joined #koha
21:33 gmcharlt howdy folks, please meet my newest colleague, barbara, who will be working with us as a project manager
21:34 tcohen hi barbara!
21:35 cait hi barbara :)
21:35 barbara Howdy!
21:36 nuentoter hello barbara
21:44 bag hey barbara
21:54 pianohacker hi barbara
21:58 hector Bye #koha
22:01 pianohacker tcohen: have you had a chance to retest bug 13805? It'd be really nice to revert that patch if we safely can
22:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13805 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Installer does not work under Plack
22:04 tcohen i can retest it
22:14 cait hector++ ... for gazillions of sign-offs
22:17 magnuse joined #koha
22:18 tcohen pianohacker: you noticed that file only applies to source installs, right?
22:19 tcohen i.e. is not what people use
22:22 pianohacker tcohen: the syspref cache is also disabled in debian/templates/plack.psgi
22:23 pianohacker tcohen: and based on the timeline, the above was created from misc/plack/koha.psgi after bug 13805 was committed
22:23 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13805 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Installer does not work under Plack
22:23 pianohacker so if we can remove it from both places it could be a big win
22:23 tcohen yes, AND when writing the file, I ommited the line that resets the sysprefs cache on each request
22:24 tcohen that's still a difference between them
22:24 pianohacker does that make a difference if the sysprefs cache is disabled to begin with?
22:32 tcohen of course not, but we need to add it
22:34 pianohacker tcohen: oh, okay. I think I get what you're saying. According to Joubu in https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]g.cgi?id=13805#c4 , though, that doesn't work?
22:34 huginn Bug 13805: normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Installer does not work under Plack
22:34 pianohacker (Thank you for your patience, we're beating our heads against a many-headed performance beast :( )
22:36 irma joined #koha
22:37 tcohen pianohacker: np
22:38 cait bug report against 3.8...?
22:38 cait bug 15948
22:38 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15948 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, RESOLVED WONTFIX, Checked in books being checked back into last patron
22:39 Francesca joined #koha
22:40 lucio joined #koha
22:40 cait hi lucio
22:41 cait hm scaredhim away?
22:43 tcohen bye #koha
22:44 tcohen joined #koha
22:46 eythian geez cait
22:46 eythian so unwelcoming
22:47 cait hmpf
22:49 hbraum joined #koha
22:50 edveal joined #koha
22:51 lucio joined #koha
22:54 Francesca joined #koha
22:59 tcohen cait: do u have a beer?
23:00 tcohen jaegermeister?
23:00 cait virtual jaegermeister?
23:00 cait sounds doable
23:00 tcohen well, i'm not sure how you'll do it
23:00 tcohen but please, enjoy and happy birthday!
23:00 tcohen confetti!
23:00 wahanui somebody said confetti was[…]1qh8hleo1_400.gif
23:00 cait :D
23:00 tcohen confetti!
23:00 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
23:01 cait thx tcohen :)
23:02 tcohen joined #koha
23:05 irma g'day cait :-) We are sending your arms full of sunshine from Downunder, just for you ;-)
23:06 cait thx Irma! :)
23:06 eythian that's just going to stop everyone sleeping, irma :)
23:06 cait i will save it for tomorow
23:06 irma go to sleep eythian!
23:06 cait ... well for *day time*
23:06 irma ;-)
23:07 eythian heh
23:07 * Francesca is tired
23:07 eythian when this ST:TNG episode is finished I will
23:07 Francesca uni is very chaotic
23:07 Francesca ohhh star trek
23:07 Francesca I love star trek
23:09 eythian I've been watching all of TNG lately. Up to season 6.
23:10 ibeardslee TNG .. isn't that like destroying Doctor Who by making new 'Season 1, 2' etc?
23:16 Francesca nope
23:16 Francesca TNG is actually really good
23:19 eythian /kick ibeardslee heathen
23:29 Francesca joined #koha
23:29 aleisha Francesca, if you have nothing to do I have something you might like
23:29 Francesca ohh what is it? I'm at uni today but I'll be in friday and possibly tomorrow as well
23:30 aleisha all good it's not urgent
23:30 aleisha bug 15825
23:31 Francesca hmmm huggin not responding
23:31 Francesca @wunder wlg
23:32 aleisha i thought it would be really straight forward but i think theres some css stuff happening and its probably better for you than for me :)
23:32 aleisha what happened to the bots
23:32 Francesca I dunno
23:32 cait left #koha
23:32 aleisha anyway, https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=15825 if you're interested :)
23:33 Francesca seems pretty straight forward - I'll take a better look at it next time I'm at catalyst
23:33 aleisha sounds good
23:33 Francesca how are you finding your first week at vic?
23:34 gmcharlt joined #koha
23:34 pianohacker hi galen
23:35 dbs joined #koha
23:35 huginn joined #koha
23:35 pianohacker thanks galen
23:35 pianohacker @later tell Joubu could I ask you to clarify your "doesn't work" on bug 13757?
23:35 huginn pianohacker: The operation succeeded.
23:36 aleisha good! a lot to take in
23:37 pianohacker @later tell Joubu also, you said that clearing the sysprefs cache before each request doesn't work on https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=13805 Do you know if that's still the case? tcohen suggested that as a much preferable alternative to bug 13805
23:37 huginn pianohacker: The operation succeeded.
23:37 huginn Bug 13805: normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Installer does not work under Plack
23:37 Francesca i can imagine
23:37 Francesca hey the bots are back
23:37 Francesca @wunder wlf
23:37 huginn Francesca: Error: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
23:37 pianohacker @wunder 80401
23:37 Francesca @wunder wlg
23:37 huginn pianohacker: The current temperature in 16 1/2 St & Washington Ave, Golden, Colorado is 11.3°C (4:37 PM MST on March 01, 2016). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 23%. Dew Point: -9.0°C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Steady).
23:37 huginn Francesca: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 17.0°C (12:30 PM NZDT on March 02, 2016). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 52%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Pressure: 30.33 in 1027 hPa (Steady).
23:37 * pianohacker wants summer
23:38 aleisha pianohacker: i just got your messages from like 2 weeks ago about bug 15531
23:38 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15531 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Failed QA , Add support for standing orders
23:38 Francesca hey pianohacker: if you want summer you could always come and visit (koha exchange programme anyone?)
23:39 pianohacker aleisha: cool :) from the sounds of it, you've just started college? if so, I totally understand that you're not focused on Koha bugs
23:39 aleisha just started uni
23:39 aleisha but ive been here almost every day working on bugs, the messages only just delivered for some reason
23:40 Francesca aleisha: enjoy the first week while you can
23:40 Francesca once tutorials and assingments start rolling
23:40 eythian after the first week it's all sleeping in and drunken parties
23:40 Francesca free time dwindles into not a lot
23:41 pianohacker @yank 17
23:41 huginn pianohacker: 62.6
23:41 Francesca @yank?
23:41 huginn Francesca: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
23:41 aleisha eythian sounds good
23:41 pianohacker Francesca: a converter to american freedom units
23:41 Francesca ah
23:41 Francesca cool
23:41 pianohacker (because I cannot internalize celsius for some reason)
23:42 Francesca hahaha
23:42 Francesca come visit us and you shall have summer
23:43 pianohacker we just need to get another KohaCon there :)
23:43 Francesca that'd be cool
23:49 aleisha pianohacker, i got a problem with updating the db with bug 15531
23:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15531 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Failed QA , Add support for standing orders
23:50 pianohacker aleisha: what'd it say?
23:50 aleisha ERROR 1060 (42S21) at line 1: Duplicate column name 'is_standing'
23:50 rangi hmm looks like its already been run?
23:51 aleisha oh okay
23:52 pianohacker aleisha: yup. khall claims to have magical SQL that can prevent that, but for most atomicupdates like this, rerunning will output a spurious error
23:53 aleisha most of the tests pass now, except for standingorders.t and close_reopen_basket.t
23:53 aleisha oh wait no ignore me
23:53 aleisha only standingorders.t is failing
23:54 pianohacker aleisha: could you pastebin the output of prove -v .../standingorders.t?
23:55 aleisha[…]QU+xhdCpubHdKeg==
23:55 pianohacker aleisha: can't access that site, unfortunately
23:56 aleisha
23:57 kathryn joined #koha
23:57 pianohacker ah, bugnuts. thanks aleisha, I'll take a look
23:57 aleisha sweet :)

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary