IRC log for #koha, 2015-03-11

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:05 papa joined #koha
00:19 NateC joined #koha
01:28 TGoat left #koha
01:36 dcook Hmm, I've somehow broke GetOptions...
01:41 dcook ...
01:42 dcook I've copied the file to a different filename... and now it works differently
01:42 dcook That's... special
01:42 dcook Now it's not..
01:42 dcook :S
01:43 dcook Hmm..
01:44 dcook What's the difference between:
01:44 dcook "perl tester.pl –-test blah"
01:44 dcook and
01:44 dcook "perl tester.pl --test blah"
01:44 dcook Ah, a dash
01:44 dcook Which looked identical in the terminal...
01:45 dcook I really thought I was going crazy for a second there...
01:45 eythian good ole em-dash
01:45 * dcook twitches
01:47 dcook Hmm, I think it might be an en dash?
01:47 dcook Not quite long enough for em?
01:48 eythian yeah, it's an en, I just guessed
01:48 eythian ― <-- not a puny little en-dash
01:48 dcook It really did feel like madness :p
01:49 dcook They looked identical on the commandline
02:18 JoshB joined #koha
02:45 ngourlay joined #koha
04:11 dcook Hmm anyone familiar with "Template process failed: file error - cssinclude: not found at"
04:11 dcook I've seen it in a few bugs... like bug 10309
04:11 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=10309 new feature, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, CLOSED FIXED, New OPAC theme based on Bootstrap
04:12 dcook But it's not quite what I'm encountering..
04:12 eythian yeh
04:12 dcook It works fine when I visit in person, but if I use LWP::UserAgent, it creates a 500 error :S
04:12 eythian it's because you have a non-en language set in the db, but no language files generated, usually
04:12 eythian s/language files/templates/
04:13 dcook Interesting!
04:13 dcook Which language setting?
04:13 rocio joined #koha
04:13 eythian in the sysprefs
04:58 dcook Hmm, not sure which one(s) you mean, but cheers, eythian :)
04:58 dcook have to work on DSpace now anyway, so long Koha..
04:58 eythian the ones that set the language
04:59 eythian in the i18n section
04:59 eythian the place where language is set :)
04:59 dcook Ahh. Hmm. I'll check that quickly.
04:59 dcook They just say English but..
05:00 dcook Oh my...
05:00 eythian if the langauge templates aren't there, then the other options won't show up
05:00 dcook "uk-UA,pt-PT,tr-TR,es-ES,da-DK,ru-RU,gl,fr-FR,n​b-NO,lo-Laoo,id-ID,sr-Cyrl,tet,ko-Kore-KP,en,fi​-FI,de-DE,ur-Arab,nn-NO,am-Ethi,ja-Jpan-JP,bg-C​yrl,mi-NZ,sv-SE,it-IT,he-Hebr,zh-Hans-CN,zh-Han​s-TW,hu-HU,fa-Arab,pl-PL,ar-Arab,nl-NL,el-GR"
05:00 eythian so setting it to en and saving might be enough
05:01 dcook I think you're probably right. I'll give it a whirl.
05:01 dcook Hmm..
05:02 dcook Yep
05:02 dcook eythian++
05:02 dcook You're the best
05:02 eythian we get that a bit when we move a db to staging and don't build the custom translations that a couple of people have.
05:03 dcook Is it an error you get on screen or just in the logs?
05:03 dcook It seemed all right when I visited with my browser... just not automatically with a LWP
05:03 eythian I think both, but I'm not 100% sure
05:04 eythian you may have had a cookie in your browser that overrode the language settings
05:04 dcook That could do it
05:04 dcook I didn't know we did that?
05:04 dcook Ahh, that sounds familiar now that I think about it..
05:05 eythian yeah, it's so you can pick languages if there's more than one option
05:07 dcook :D
05:07 dcook I just realized I didn't say thanks
05:07 dcook Thanks for the tip :)
05:08 eythian :)
05:12 mtj hey dcook, i had a little bit of sql that i have used to fix your problem...
05:12 mtj update  systempreferences set value = '' where variable = 'opaclanguages';
05:12 mtj update  systempreferences set value = '' where variable = 'language';
05:12 mtj .
05:13 mtj i think if the values are '', then 'en' lang is used by default
05:13 dcook Hmm, interesting!
05:13 dcook I just fixed the two I had manually in any case :)
05:13 mtj i too, bump into that problem sometimes - when moving a db to a test/dev koha
05:13 dcook But thanks
05:14 mtj np, just adding my 2c to the irc log :)
05:15 mtj i had not hit the problem via lwp::agent tho
05:15 mtj not sure if my fix works for that.. ^
05:16 eythian it will, it's the same cause
05:17 mtj completely off-topic here folks, anyone have some good suggestions for rooting an andriod fone?
05:18 mtj im a newb
05:18 dcook Nah, I haven't gotten around to that yet.
05:19 dcook Do you just want to root it, or do you plan to flash a ROM as well?
05:19 mtj um, atm i just wanna root it
05:20 eythian it totally depends on the phone.
05:20 eythian the nexus line are very easy to do it with
05:20 eythian I have no experience with others
05:20 mtj hmm, ok
05:21 mtj i should try doing it on an emulator 1st, i guess
05:21 eythian I don't think that'll give you the same result, depending on the method
05:21 * mtj is a bit nervous about bricking it
05:21 eythian at least with the nexus ones, it involves doing it in the bootloader.
05:21 dcook Yeah, I only have this phone, so there's no way I'm going to experiment on it ;)
05:22 dcook I was going to try rooting and flashing a rom on my old LG Optimus before it got nicked
05:22 dcook mtj: what sort of phone?
05:24 mtj http://www.elephone.hk/p8.html
05:24 mtj such wow.. ^
05:28 mtj i think the elephones are quite root friendly
05:28 eythian OK, elasticsearch query language is annoying me now. Time to give it a break until tomorrow.
05:28 eythian later
05:28 mtj cya eythian
05:29 dcook ta eythian
05:29 mtj i'll have a proper readup on the elephone forums, re: rooting
05:29 dcook You have an elephone?
05:31 mtj yeah
05:32 mtj my 1st smartfone.. so far, so good
05:36 rocio left #koha
05:36 dcook :D
06:31 Francesca joined #koha
06:31 * Francesca waves hello
06:33 dcook hey Francesca
06:33 Francesca I've probably missed rangi haven't I
06:33 dcook Probably. I haven't seen him around today.
06:33 dcook Online that is
06:34 dcook Looks like he was here at 7:42am :)
06:34 dcook Although I guess that was 5:42am for you...dang that's early
06:34 ashimema .
06:34 ashimema @seen rangi
06:34 huginn ashimema: rangi was last seen in #koha 9 hours, 52 minutes, and 22 seconds ago: <rangi> morning
06:35 ashimema morning peeps
06:35 dcook yo ashimema
06:40 Francesca hmmm I'll try and catch him tomorrow
06:41 dcook sounds good
06:41 dcook I'm off!
06:41 dcook later all
07:03 * magnuse waves
07:03 magnuse hiya ashimema
07:04 ashimema morning magnuse
07:04 magnuse wassup?
07:05 magnuse isn't it 07 for you?
07:06 ashimema indeed it is..
07:06 ashimema been around since 5
07:06 ashimema Amelia decided it was time for me to get up ;)
07:06 magnuse ah yes
07:07 magnuse there's a new boss in town
07:07 magnuse ;-)
07:07 ashimema indeed ;)
07:10 magnuse don't worry - in 18 years everything will be back to normal again
07:10 drojf joined #koha
07:10 drojf morning #koha
07:17 magnuse moin drojf
07:21 drojf hei magnuse
07:22 antti_ joined #koha
07:23 magnuse ah, irc meeting in ~2.5 hours http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]ing_11_March_2015
07:25 laurence joined #koha
07:28 sophie_m joined #koha
07:28 ashimema hope I can stay awake ;)
07:32 * magnuse sends ashimema some coffe
07:34 * drojf tries to intercept some of the coffee but is too tired
07:39 reiveune joined #koha
07:39 reiveune hello
07:49 magnuse bonojur reiveune
07:49 reiveune salut ma
07:49 reiveune :/
07:49 * magnuse is luckily not a coffee-drinker
07:49 reiveune salut magnuse
07:49 magnuse :-)
07:50 Joubu hello #koha
07:50 alex_a joined #koha
07:51 alex_a bonjour
07:53 newbie joined #koha
07:54 magnuse hiya Joubu alex_a newbie
07:54 alex_a hello magnuse
07:56 hyvaria joined #koha
07:58 antti_ left #koha
08:00 Jul joined #koha
08:07 codavid joined #koha
08:08 akafred I am thinking about an automated build pipeline for patched koha, but cannot wrap my head around how it can be done without bug 13068 ...
08:08 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=13068 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, paul.poulain, Signed Off , New feature for DB update and sandbox
08:16 akafred Am I right that this bug solves the major issue with applying patches 'unattended'?
08:17 drojf akafred: i guess so
08:21 magnuse well, without it you have to make sure you have the right database updates in updatedatabase.pl - which means you might have to resolve conflicts when you apply patches to the branch you want to run from
08:21 magnuse as far as i understand it, 13068 will make this easier by putting db updates in individual files, which means no more conflicts
08:22 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:22 akafred But, will I still have to have a way to know which of these updates have been applied to my database?
08:22 gaetan_B hello
08:22 magnuse but if you want to pick and choose patches to apply to your branch, you will still have to look out for dependencies, so if one patch modifies something introduced by another patch you need them both
08:22 Francesca joined #koha
08:24 * akafred notes that 'list', 'list <plugin>' and 'help <plugin> <command>' were really helpful when learning more about the capabilities of our resident raven
08:27 paul_p joined #koha
08:30 magnuse akafred: i think 13068 will make koha keep track of some things for you, but i am not clear on what or how
08:30 magnuse @wunder boo
08:30 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 4.0°C (9:20 AM CET on March 11, 2015). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 65%. Dew Point: -2.0°C. Windchill: -1.0°C. Pressure: 30.18 in 1022 hPa (Steady).
08:30 akafred good morning, gaetan_B :-)
08:31 gaetan_B good morning akafred :) nice weather back home ?
08:31 m23 joined #koha
08:32 akafred Actually blue skies today, but a but a bit windy and only 4°C ...
08:33 magnuse @wunder oslo
08:33 huginn magnuse: Error: No such location could be found.
08:34 magnuse @wunder oslo, norway
08:34 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Kikut, Oslo, Norway is 3.7°C (9:21 AM CET on March 11, 2015). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 51%. Dew Point: -6.0°C. Windchill: 4.0°C. Pressure: 30.33 in 1027 hPa (Steady).
08:34 magnuse kikut - that is kind of hilarious
08:34 magnuse @wunder osl
08:34 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Oslo Airport, Norway is 4.0°C (9:20 AM CET on March 11, 2015). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 45%. Dew Point: -7.0°C. Windchill: -1.0°C. Pressure: 30.33 in 1027 hPa (Steady).
08:34 akafred Almost like mont puget outside Marseille.
08:35 m23 joined #koha
08:41 sophie_m joined #koha
08:42 fridolin joined #koha
08:42 codavid left #koha
08:43 josef_moravec joined #koha
08:46 magnuse @wunder storgata, oslo, norway
08:46 huginn magnuse: Error: No such location could be found.
08:46 magnuse @wunder storgata, oslo,
08:46 huginn magnuse: Error: No such location could be found.
08:46 magnuse @wunder storgata, oslo
08:46 huginn magnuse: Error: No such location could be found.
08:46 magnuse @wunder storgata
08:46 huginn magnuse: Error: No such location could be found.
08:47 magnuse @wunder IOSLO239
08:47 huginn magnuse: Error: No such location could be found.
08:47 magnuse bleurgh
08:59 fridolin hie all
09:00 magnuse bonjour fridolin
09:01 josef_moravec left #koha
09:01 josef_moravec joined #koha
09:03 mtj hey magnus, i have a general qa question...
09:04 mtj is there much of a problem, submitting new features that use C4/non-dbic code?
09:04 nlegrand Hey #koha.
09:04 m23 hi
09:04 mtj ..any qa-ers have an opinion, on that? ^
09:05 eythian_ joined #koha
09:05 magnuse mtj: that sounds like a question for the qa team and the rm. i am merely a lowly bugwrangler
09:05 magnuse kia ora eythian
09:06 mtj magnuse: aah, oops... i forgot
09:06 eythian_ joined #koha
09:07 mtj Joubu, ashimema maybe.. ? ^
09:08 ashimema it kinda depends on the feature and where you've put the majority of the code
09:09 ashimema completely new features we'd 'prefer' in the Koha namespace with minimal refrences back to C4 and DBIC used (Though DBIC used may well be shifting to Koha::Objects used if people get their way)
09:09 ashimema Personally.. if it make sense to be object oriented, I like it done that way too ;)
09:10 atheia joined #koha
09:10 atheia Good morning.
09:10 ashimema But.. if it's a new feature very closely related to existing ones.. then it's obviosly sensible to use allot of the work already done, and thus we'd expect a fair amount of linkage backto C4
09:11 ashimema morning atheia
09:12 magnuse hiya atheia
09:18 davidnind joined #koha
09:21 indradg joined #koha
09:29 eythian_ Meeting in 30 mins right?
09:34 magnuse yup
09:34 magnuse as far as i have been able to figure out
09:34 jransom joined #koha
09:34 eythian_ Cool. I should put the rubbish/recycling out first.
09:37 drojf take mine too
09:37 drojf ;)
09:38 mveron joined #koha
09:38 eythian_ drojf: I have enough stairs to get my own to the street without having to get it across a couple of oceans too.
09:38 mveron Hi #koha
09:38 drojf heh
09:38 drojf hi mveron
09:39 mveron hi drojf
09:41 joann joined #koha
09:43 magnuse kia ora joann
09:43 joann Kiaora Magnus - and everyone else too
09:43 drojf hi joann
09:45 magnuse what do we do about pull requests on github? https://github.com/Koha-Community/Koha/pull/4
09:45 joann how are we all this evening?
09:45 magnuse evening? ;-)
09:45 mveron Late morning ? :-)
09:45 mveron Daytime?
09:45 joann 10.35pm here - im just about ready for bed :)
09:46 magnuse 10.45 am here - im just about ready for bed too :-)
09:46 * mveron agrees...
09:46 eythian_ magnuse: whoever runs that should disable pull requests
09:46 drojf magnuse: i did not even know there is an official github. also… why? :D
09:47 magnuse hm, is it mtj?
09:47 mtj hey magnuse
09:49 mtj hmm, i thought i did disable pull-requests on that repo
09:49 mtj ahh, perhaps it is not possible..?
09:49 mtj http://laurent.bachelier.name/[…]thub-kinda-sucks/
09:50 drojf ready for bed too. we should all have the meeting in bed. sleepover meeting
09:52 mtj magnuse: we could have a generic reply to pull-requests..
09:53 mtj "thanks for your info, please consider logging a bug at bugs.kc.org... this repo is just a mirror"
09:53 magnuse mtj: yup, that would be nice
09:54 mtj ..and add that info to the repo description, too
09:54 Teejay joined #koha
09:54 magnuse and maybe point to http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]Control_Using_Git or http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]_bz_configuration ?
09:56 oadara joined #koha
09:57 magnuse mtj: or http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]elopment_workflow
09:57 mtj all good ideas++
09:57 * eythian_ tests his tablet keyboard
09:57 drojf eythian_: works
09:57 eythian_ ok, aside from being way small, not too bad.
09:58 drojf that's good, you've already taken out the trash
09:58 Teejay ###teejay
09:59 eythian_ yep:)
09:59 magnuse who's chair?
10:01 Teejay #info Tunji Adepeju of Projektlink Konsult Limited Nigeria
10:01 davidnind deadly silence....
10:01 slef I offer
10:01 davidnind slef++
10:02 magnuse slef++
10:02 slef you've got the time it takes me to find the agenda to object
10:02 magnuse Teejay: a bit too early :-)
10:02 magnuse http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]ing_11_March_2015
10:02 drojf http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]ing_11_March_2015
10:02 magnuse hah!
10:02 magnuse :-)
10:02 drojf :)
10:02 * eythian_ doesn't object
10:02 slef #startmeeting General_IRC_meeting_11_March_2015
10:02 huginn Meeting started Wed Mar 11 10:02:37 2015 UTC.  The chair is slef. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
10:02 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
10:02 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General_IRC_meeting_11_March_2015)
10:02 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_11_march_2015'
10:02 slef #topic 1. Introductions
10:02 Topic for #koha is now 1. Introductions (Meeting topic: General_IRC_meeting_11_March_2015)
10:03 slef Hello, good time-zone-appropriate-greeting and welcome
10:03 slef please introduce yourself and please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes
10:03 eythian_ #info Robin Sheat, Catalyst IT, Wellington NZ
10:03 joann #info Joann Ransom, Horowhenua, NZ
10:03 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart, BibLibre
10:03 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
10:03 drojf #info Mirko Tietgen, Berlin, Germany
10:03 oadara #info Olugbenga Adara  Projektlink Konsult, Ibadan, Nigeria
10:03 slef #info MJ Ray, member of software.coop, England
10:03 magnuse #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
10:03 matts #info Matthias Meusburger, biblibre, France
10:04 thd Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City, (finally warm enough to recover from freezing illness)
10:04 Teejay #info Tunji Adepeju Projektlink Konsult , Ibadan, Nigeria
10:04 josef_moravec #info Josef Moravec, Municipal Library, Ústí nad Orlicí, Czech Republic
10:04 mveron #info Marc Véron, marc veron ag, member of Koha Support Schweiz, Switzerland
10:04 slef ok - introductions can be added any time as people arrive but I'll move on in a minute
10:04 oadara Magnuse: First time at meeting for Teejay :)
10:05 eythian_ welcome, Teejay
10:05 slef I see I defeated wahanui by accident... actually, where is wahanui?
10:05 mtj #info Mason James, NZ
10:05 akafred #info Kjetil JD / akafred, Oslo Public Library, Norway
10:05 m23 #info Michal Denar, Municipal Library, Ceska Trebova, Czech Republic
10:05 slef #topic 2. Announcements (non-release)
10:05 Topic for #koha is now 2. Announcements (non-release) (Meeting topic: General_IRC_meeting_11_March_2015)
10:06 slef Do we have any? None on the agenda...
10:06 magnuse welcome Teejay! :-)
10:06 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
10:07 slef house-keeping note - if you want to make me wait a minute so you can say something, enter something short like ! on a line by itself first - I can't tell if you're typing otherwise
10:07 bensinober joined #koha
10:07 slef shall we move on?
10:07 thd !
10:07 thd yes
10:07 thd :)
10:07 slef heh
10:07 eythian__ joined #koha
10:08 slef #topic 3. Update on releases
10:08 Topic for #koha is now 3. Update on releases (Meeting topic: General_IRC_meeting_11_March_2015)
10:08 bensinober #info Benjamin Rokseth, Oslo Public Library
10:08 slef who can do these?
10:09 wahanui joined #koha
10:09 eythian_ wahanui: welcome back
10:09 wahanui I was trapped in a maze of twisty, turny passages, all alike.
10:09 slef no release mamanegrs
10:10 slef #info 3.18.4 was released on 23 Feb
10:10 slef #info 3.16.8 was released on 3 Mar
10:10 atheia #info Alex Sassmannshausen, PTFS Europe, UK
10:10 atheia
10:10 magnuse poor wahanui
10:10 wahanui Will he ever win?
10:10 eythian_ mtj: ^
10:10 slef #info 3.18.4 was a security fix release
10:11 slef #info http://koha-community.org/ai1e[…]/?instance_id=101 suggests a new stable release on 22nd
10:11 slef anyone got news on that? Will it include the security fix from 3.18.4 or was that 3.18-only?
10:12 * slef digs
10:12 mtj hmm, no security patches for 3.16.8, afaik
10:12 slef 3.14 and 3.16 need the fix
10:13 slef any volunteers to backport?
10:13 magnuse bug 12594
10:13 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=12594 minor, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, ASSIGNED , Get rid of z3950random
10:13 slef bug 12954
10:13 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=12954 is not accessible.
10:13 slef but you can't display it like that
10:13 slef until the fix is backported at least
10:14 ColinC joined #koha
10:14 magnuse ah, typo on http://koha-community.org/koha-3-18-4-released/ then
10:14 slef not my rule but that's how it is
10:14 slef magnuse: good spot. Link is correct though.
10:14 magnuse it says 12594 but links to http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=12954
10:14 huginn Bug 12954: is not accessible.
10:14 slef anyone got a web login handy to fix that?
10:14 eythian_ yeah, that's a nasty one that should be fixed
10:15 eythian_ slef: i do, what do I need to do?
10:15 eythian_ oh
10:15 eythian_ sorry, not to that
10:15 Joubu slef: do you want me to switch the bug from Koha security to Koha?
10:15 slef Joubu: not until backported no
10:15 eythian_ Joubu: it's still an active issue
10:15 mtj hmm, i think i need to backport that one, still
10:15 magnuse @later tell rangi http://koha-community.org/koha-3-18-4-released/ says bug number 12594 for the security fix, but links to 12954
10:15 huginn magnuse: The operation succeeded.
10:15 slef I'd like someone to fix the typo on http://koha-community.org/koha-3-18-4-released/
10:16 slef mtj: one of us backport, the other reviews the patch?
10:16 slef I think I will make the time to work on this too
10:17 slef #action someone to fix typo on http://koha-community.org/koha-3-18-4-released/
10:17 mtj slef: sounds good
10:17 slef #action mtj and slef to backport bug 12954 if no-one does it faster
10:18 slef OK - any more release updates or shall we move on?
10:18 mtj afaik, thats it for me slef
10:19 slef #topic 4. KohaCon15
10:19 drojf does not seem like other release managers/maintainers are around
10:19 Topic for #koha is now 4. KohaCon15 (Meeting topic: General_IRC_meeting_11_March_2015)
10:19 slef As an aside, it would be really helpful if there were nicknames on the agenda items.
10:19 Joubu fridolin is busy at the moment, I asked him to backport the bug fix
10:19 BobB #info Bob Birchall, Calyx - sorry I'm late
10:19 slef Anyone got news about kohacon15?
10:20 slef no worries BobB. Hi. Introductions are good at any point in the meeting IMO.
10:20 oadara Yes. First thanks for welcoming Teejay
10:20 drojf slef: how do you mean? like who is supposed to tell something?
10:20 drojf hi Teejay :)
10:20 slef drojf: yes, that sort of thing, or who wants a question asked
10:20 Teejay #thank you
10:20 oadara Kohacon15 registration now open
10:21 slef #info Kohacon15 registration and Call for Papers are now open
10:21 slef #link http://kohacon15.projektlinkko[…]com/registration/
10:21 slef #link http://kohacon15.projektlinkko[…]/call-for-papers/
10:21 slef oadara: for how long are they open?
10:21 ColinC #info Colin Campbell PTFS Europe
10:21 kivilahtio #info Olli-Antti Kivilahti, Vaara-kirjastot Finland
10:22 oadara Not decided on that yet
10:22 oadara open to suggestions
10:22 slef Any suggestions?
10:22 wahanui Any suggestions are welcome.
10:22 oadara Have 4 people register so far
10:23 fridolin left #koha
10:23 slef I think we kept kohacon12 registration open until workers left their desks the Friday before the event. I don't know if that's possible with the prepayment for meals/rooms?
10:24 slef We closed papers 20 April for a start date of 5 June... so what's that? 6 weeks before?
10:24 Teejay AUGUST 31 was given by IITA venue and accommodation
10:24 oadara slef : That would not be possible but we can look at how close we can get to the date
10:26 oadara International participants would need visa processed too so the earlier the registration, the better
10:26 slef If it's 31 Aug, could that be the deadline for both papers and registration?  Anyway, I will note it as an idea and leave it to you of course
10:26 slef #idea deadline for both papers and registration as close to 31 Aug as possible
10:26 slef #info International participants would need visa processed too so the earlier the registration, the better
10:27 slef That was the same for international participants in kohacon12 too - last successful registration needing a visa was about 25th April IIRC.
10:27 slef Any other news or shall we move on?
10:27 oadara slef : noted
10:27 akafred visa requirement and procedure could be included on registration page ...
10:27 Teejay Thank you all
10:28 drojf oadara or Teejay: are there food options for people with allergies? like lactose or gluten free
10:28 Teejay Yes
10:28 slef #idea please could visa requirement and procedure be linked from http://kohacon15.projektlinkko[…]com/registration/
10:28 slef http://kohacon15.projektlinkko[…]egistration-form/ has a link - oops
10:28 Teejay But we need to notify the IaiTA in advance
10:28 slef but I think it would be good to show it on the first page
10:28 slef it's a big problem for people who need visas
10:29 oadara all ideas noted for action
10:30 oadara processing the visa itself should not be difficult
10:30 slef #idea add information about how best to notify organisers/IaiTA in advance about special requirements (allergies or similar)
10:30 oadara but we will need to write letters for the visa application hence need to start the process early
10:31 slef oadara: is a tourist visa OK because delegates are not being employed locally, or should it be a business visa?
10:31 oadara tourist is ok
10:32 drojf business visa are only for business men
10:32 eythian_ some places have conference visas
10:32 slef drojf: most places that is so, but I think a few are different.
10:32 eythian_ (I had to get one for India)
10:32 oadara drojf :  :-)
10:32 drojf slef: i meant it's not for women ;)
10:33 slef #info oadara says tourist visa is OK
10:33 * slef blames oadara ;)
10:33 slef drojf: ohhhh stop it
10:33 slef anything else or shall we move on?
10:33 drojf slef: its what the website says
10:33 * slef hands that can of worms back to drojf
10:35 slef #topic 5. KohaCon16 - when do we start soliciting for bids?
10:35 Topic for #koha is now 5. KohaCon16 - when do we start soliciting for bids? (Meeting topic: General_IRC_meeting_11_March_2015)
10:35 slef #info We started KohaCon15 process in May 2014
10:36 slef It looks like thd did some of the kick-off work.  Any opinions on when we should start for next year?
10:36 joann did the timing work last time?
10:37 thd The real work was encouraging people to bid.
10:37 slef I don't remember if the timing worked. Does anyone?
10:37 thd Especially, people who may have bid in the past but were not selected.
10:38 thd The timing was only problematic too the extent that there may not have been the degree of interest in bidding to host KohaCon as had been the case in the past.
10:39 thd s/too/to/
10:39 slef So should we change the timing this year or go with similar again?
10:39 thd Maybe we could start a month earlier.
10:39 drojf i see that we have voted end of september, beginning of october a few times. so starting bid in may makes sense to me
10:40 drojf but it does not hurt to start sooner i guess
10:40 thd Maybe we could start a month earlier for soliciting bids.
10:40 joann do you want e to move that?
10:40 joann or just +1
10:40 thd Voting in September seems OK.
10:41 slef #startvote Shall we solicit Kohacon16 bids in April, with voting in September?
10:41 huginn Begin voting on: Shall we solicit Kohacon16 bids in April, with voting in September? Valid vote options are Yes, No.
10:41 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
10:41 drojf yep, about a year to prepare after winning (depending on actual dates proposed)
10:41 thd +1
10:41 eythian_ #vote Yes
10:41 joann #vote Yes
10:41 drojf #vote yes
10:41 thd #vote yes
10:41 slef it appears huginn requires #vote Yes - we could hack that, you know ;)
10:41 BobB #vote yes
10:41 oadara #vote yes
10:41 davidnind #vote Yes
10:42 m23 #vote yes
10:42 mveron #vote yes
10:42 josef_moravec #vote Yes
10:42 Teejay #vote yes
10:42 ColinC #vote Yes
10:42 magnuse #vote yes
10:43 slef #endvote
10:43 huginn Voted on "Shall we solicit Kohacon16 bids in April, with voting in September?" Results are
10:43 * slef glares at huginn
10:43 slef #agreed solicit Kohacon16 bids in April, with voting in September
10:43 drojf results are… ?
10:43 slef If anyone knows what broke there, please tell someone who can fix huginn ;)
10:43 drojf :D
10:43 eythian_ @more
10:43 huginn eythian_: Error: You haven't asked me a command; perhaps you want to see someone else's more.  To do so, call this command with that person's nick.
10:44 slef #topic 6. Release team for 3.22 - when do we hold the elections?
10:44 Topic for #koha is now 6. Release team for 3.22 - when do we hold the elections? (Meeting topic: General_IRC_meeting_11_March_2015)
10:44 drojf i count 13 yes and 0 no
10:44 slef drojf: I only saw yes, so I #agreed it
10:44 drojf makes sense
10:44 drojf :)
10:44 slef Opinions on release team election timing?  What was done recently and did it work?
10:45 slef #info 3.20 elections were in November 2014
10:45 drojf when is 3.20 to be released? april? may?
10:45 slef #info 3.18 elections were in April 2014
10:45 davidnind For the last two releases the elections were held in the month before the new release, or just before the release
10:45 magnuse may i think?
10:46 magnuse if tcohen sticks to tradition
10:46 drojf april would be to soon to get a new team ;)
10:46 slef So we'd be expecting elections next month?
10:47 slef 27 October 2014 wiki nominations opened for 3.20
10:47 slef 17 March 2014 wiki nominations opened for 3.18
10:47 slef drojf: why?
10:48 BobB magnuse: are you suggesting an April vote for a team to take its place from 22 May, the release date?
10:48 * thd forgot info on his introduction
10:48 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City, (finally warm enough to recover from freezing illness)
10:48 drojf slef: i mean a release in april would be early, because we should have a team for 3.22 at that point i suppose
10:48 drojf voting in april seems fine to me
10:49 davidnind Would suggest nominations open two months before, with the election held at the general IRC meeting in the month of the new release
10:49 BobB So nominations can be opened pretty much now?
10:49 magnuse BobB: sounds good to me
10:49 slef #startvote Open nominations immediately with voting in...? April, May
10:49 huginn Begin voting on: Open nominations immediately with voting in...? Valid vote options are April, May.
10:49 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
10:49 * slef tries huginn again
10:49 eythian_ #vote April
10:50 m23 #vote April
10:50 davidnind #vote May
10:50 Joubu #vote April
10:50 drojf #vote May
10:50 akafred #vote May
10:50 BobB #vote April
10:50 joann #vote May
10:50 magnuse #vote May
10:50 matts #vote April
10:50 thd #vote May
10:50 mveron #vote May
10:51 slef #showvote
10:51 huginn May (7): magnuse, davidnind, joann, akafred, mveron, thd, drojf
10:51 huginn April (5): Joubu, eythian_, matts, BobB, m23
10:51 drojf may 7, april 5. so far. i think
10:51 drojf heh
10:51 slef Would anyone like to explain their reason for one over the other?
10:51 thd If we had put the question a month ago I might have cast my vote differently.
10:52 BobB a reason for April is sometimes not all roles are filled at time of voting, and it leaves time to hunt up a voluteer
10:52 Joubu I propose midnight UTC on May 1 :)
10:52 slef see if we can persuade anyone to change which lobby they're in
10:52 BobB joubu +1
10:52 drojf i voted may so i have more tie so see if i will volunteer for something
10:52 joann April is so soon. I think it is a big commitment to stand for release manager and it is helpful to see a deveopment proposal.
10:52 thd I am changing by the argument from BobB
10:52 magnuse i was thinking it is good to have a couple of months to find volunteers
10:52 thd #vote April
10:53 drojf *more time
10:53 thd Which really means voting in April and May
10:53 * magnuse agrees with joann
10:53 eythian_ joann makes a good point
10:53 thd Basically we have voted over two months for a while as I recall.
10:53 * mveron agrees with joann as well
10:54 * BobB agrees April is soon
10:54 davidnind If you go for April then that is about a month for nominations, with the elections at the April general IRC meeting - too soon
10:54 BobB Christmas is soon too :)
10:54 thd BobB are you changing your argument?
10:54 slef So I think I'm hearing a vote for desired/contested positions in April, with any vacancies filled by further encouragement with another vote in May?
10:54 BobB yes ok
10:54 joann should we recast the vote
10:54 BobB #vote May
10:55 thd #vote May
10:55 slef you can recast your votes at any time until I say endvote
10:55 drojf so did everyone change their vote now? ^^
10:55 joann #vote may
10:55 slef #showvote
10:55 huginn May (8): magnuse, davidnind, joann, akafred, BobB, mveron, thd, drojf
10:55 huginn April (4): Joubu, matts, m23, eythian_
10:55 eythian_ #vote May
10:55 m23 #vote May
10:55 josef_moravec #vote May
10:55 slef OK my hearing is poor :)
10:55 slef in the time it took me to type, discussion moved on
10:56 davidnind Creating roles for 3.22 page now
10:56 slef Would Joubu or matts like to argue for April more?
10:56 slef davidnind++
10:56 Joubu slef: actually I don't care :)
10:57 Joubu I am fine with May
10:57 slef ok... I'm about to close the vote
10:57 matts okay for me as well
10:57 thd Joubu abstains :)
10:57 slef #endvote
10:57 huginn Voted on "Open nominations immediately with voting in...?" Results are
10:57 huginn May (11): magnuse, davidnind, joann, josef_moravec, akafred, BobB, eythian_, mveron, thd, drojf, m23
10:57 huginn April (2): Joubu, matts
10:57 slef shall we move on?
10:57 slef #topic 7. A fund for Koha development
10:57 Topic for #koha is now 7. A fund for Koha development (Meeting topic: General_IRC_meeting_11_March_2015)
10:58 slef joann or BobB would you like to introduce this?
10:58 joann sure
10:58 slef #link http://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipe[…]March/042249.html
10:58 slef #link http://kete.library.org.nz/sit[…]mou-for-koha-fund
10:58 eythian_ the sneaky conspirators
10:58 BobB #info the idea is to have  a Fund that can receive donations to fund Koha development
10:59 joann at KohaCon the proposal was discussed that it would be cool if there was a way / mechanism for donations to fund koha development
10:59 BobB #info THT have very kindly agreed to host the Fund
10:59 BobB #info and the draft MOU describes at a high level how it will work
10:59 joann horowhenua trust dont want to interfere too much
11:00 joann so the grant comittee and fundraising committee would be driven by the koha commnity
11:00 BobB So the onus is on the community to have a Fundraising Committee (or group, or even an agenda item at these meetings) to make this work
11:00 Jul_ joined #koha
11:00 BobB with admin support from THT
11:00 paul_p_ joined #koha
11:00 joann lots of work to be done stil on the grants committee etc, but the proposed mou would allow a mechanism to get us started
11:01 joann start collecting donations
11:01 joann a couple of vendors have already indicated they want to contribute
11:01 BobB any questions?
11:01 magnuse sounds good to me
11:02 davidnind sounds good to me too
11:02 akafred One question
11:02 wahanui One question is whether anybody cares to make a committment to revise the schema to match
11:03 BobB relevant as usual, wahanui
11:03 wahanui BobB: i'm not following you...
11:03 akafred The grants committee ... shouldn't it have some appointments for the community as a whole to decide?
11:03 joann absolutely.
11:03 BobB akafred that is very open at the moment
11:03 joann the community would take recomendations to THT trustees to appoit
11:03 BobB the idea though is for grants committee members to come (mostly, at least) from the community, not from the Trust
11:04 joann trustees have no desire to dominate or dictate but to enable
11:04 BobB but it is accountable to the Trust, who need advice before distributing hte money
11:04 BobB So what I expect is: community decides who goes on teh committee
11:04 joann i see it that the community wil work out the bylaws for the grants committee - which tht adopt
11:05 BobB Fundraising committee makes a recommendation to THT finance committee
11:05 BobB who then appoints the grants committee
11:05 joann and trust might like 1 person on it - but possibly not too
11:05 slef Just a note: I feel it's a bit unclear for the grants subcommittee to not be a subset of the finance committee - I could be wrong but I think practice on that varies between places and we'd usually call a delegated body with members that are not members of the delegating body a "working group" or similar - but I bow to HLT's knowledge of its own governing law of course.
11:05 * slef finishes his essay
11:05 BobB who then make recommedations about who/whatto fund
11:06 BobB and the Trust approves the recommendations and sends the cheques (as it were)
11:06 slef also the naming in the PDF isn't consistent: in places, it's Grants sub-committee and in others, it's Grants Committee
11:06 joann sub committee of THT by appointment and secondment  is fine
11:06 BobB typo slef, will fix that
11:06 m23_ joined #koha
11:07 joann and ive gone over the document a dozen times slef
11:07 slef yeah, just waving that at you
11:07 joann (just to keep us humble)
11:07 akafred I think it is a bit unclear how the community can influence grants, but I acknowledge this is way outside my area of expertise.
11:07 drojf more general question: is it supposed to be transparent about what goes in, what goes out? or is there more "woah huge grant from xy" and unknown numbers coming up?
11:07 slef I think it'd help if 6.11 made it clear that the Grants $whatever will contain non-HLTers
11:08 joann I think that is reasonale slef
11:08 joann hlt dont have the expertise or desire
11:08 akafred A process like the one used to choose RMs or somthing perhaps.
11:08 BobB THT doesn't want to have to be  involved in the decision making, so ...
11:09 joann rubber stamping
11:09 BobB a mechanism is needed for the community to provide people to make grants decisions ...
11:09 BobB and all the MOU requires is that the group is not dominated by any organisation
11:09 slef akafred: I've been involved in both successful and abysmal grant-making processes from both sides. I think it's best to delegate it to people with some published rules and transparent process else it easily becomes disruptive noisy mob rule.
11:09 BobB but it is open to the community to make more rules about appointments
11:09 BobB to ensure things are transparent and there is accountability
11:10 * akafred likes published rules and transparent process
11:10 BobB when we start handing out money, there is potential for disagreement, jealousy, all the worst things to come out
11:10 magnuse yay for that
11:10 joann tht is audited by audit nz - govt auditors. every thing is highly transparent - has to be
11:10 thd akafred: I hope that the process of participation in at least voicing an opinion about how to spend any money would be more inclusive than selecting RM etc. has been in practise.
11:10 BobB so we are trying to set up a structure that at least keeps things open
11:10 slef Would people from "Listed Koha Support Company"s on either committee be seen as a conflict of interest by NZ law?
11:11 joann the mou is the first step.
11:11 m23_ joined #koha
11:11 joann that is why we limited it to 1 place - so can only ever be 1 vote
11:11 fridolin joined #koha
11:11 fridolin re
11:12 fridolin sorry i was in a call conf
11:12 drojf yay for transparency
11:12 slef joann, BobB: ok, so what are we looking for now?  General "yes, take this forwards" or more specifics?  Nominations here and now, or next month, or at the same time as the release team election, or later?
11:12 joann so if we can get suport here today, and 4 people who are nomited by the community - and accept - to ener into this agreement on behalf of the comunity, i will set up a bank account,
11:12 BobB I assume anyone with a conflict of interest at a meeting would declare it, but the rules can mandate that if we wish
11:13 joann and ythe community will need to start thinking about the grants committee make up and rules
11:13 BobB #info We seek endorsement of the community entering into the MOU with HLT, first
11:13 davidnind I support this, it is a very positive move
11:13 BobB #info and second, some names to be signatories on behalf of the community
11:14 BobB that then allows fundraising to begin
11:14 BobB there is then a safe and accountable bank account for money to be received into
11:14 BobB more thought is needed about getting the money back out, more rules probably
11:15 BobB but that is less urgent
11:15 slef OK, I think there are two obvious groups of existing role-holders for signatories... RMs who we trust with our assets already; and kohacon organisers who we trusted with money already (and our users/developers safety!).
11:15 BobB what we want now is to be able to get fundraising started
11:15 joann I would like to suggest Chris Cormack as one signatory
11:15 slef Does anyone want to make other suggestions for signatories?
11:15 * mveron thinks that the bank account should be published on the Koha About page
11:15 joann and Bob Birchall as another
11:16 slef joann: rangi was(is?) a RM and a former kohacon organiser so would fit both
11:16 BobB mveron what do you mean by 'bank account should be published'?
11:16 davidnind Suggestions from me - Bob, Chris,Galen, Paul, Nicole? subject to agreeing
11:16 slef oh ok so names?
11:16 akafred So is tcohen
11:16 BobB if you mean the bank balance, there is provision inthe MOU for reporting that
11:17 mveron BobB: In staff client - to gt donations.
11:17 mveron get
11:17 joann I have spoken with him today, and if the community was happy for him to do this he will happily be a signatory.
11:17 slef we can do it by naming but I feel doing that in 0 hours is a bit risky
11:17 joann useful too coz he is an hour away from the trust if we ned face to face
11:17 joann and bob is only 3 hours away :)
11:17 BobB ah ok mveron, good idea
11:17 slef if no-one else has a problem with 0-hour naming, I'll stand aside, though
11:17 eythian_ joann: also we don't have enough exuses for trips to levin :)
11:18 joann lol
11:18 thd slef: "0 hours"?
11:18 magnuse here and now
11:19 joann bob, chris, galen, paul (the david nind combo)
11:19 slef like without warning
11:19 BobB The purpose of the fund eythian_ is definitely not to fund the international travel of committee members  :)
11:19 joann absolutely not
11:19 eythian_ BobB: levin is not so international for me...
11:19 slef joann: with nengard asked next if any of those four are not willing?
11:19 joann absolutely
11:19 BobB but you are special, eythian_  :)
11:19 slef is that OK davidnind ?
11:20 davidnind works for me
11:20 joann is anhyone unhappy?
11:20 akafred slef: I agree this sounds a little rushed
11:20 drojf i think that is happening pretty fast now and with not too many people taking part
11:20 slef I've said why I'm uncomfortable with this.
11:21 joann we mentioned it after argentina and in an ir meting but yes, its been quiet since.
11:21 eythian_ it would seem reasonable to give it a couple of days, given timezones will make responses/acceptances a little slow anyway.
11:21 joann we dont have a deadline to reach
11:21 BobB there was a long paper by bag after Koha
11:21 slef We've mentioned something ever since Edinburgh at least so doing this overnight now feels a bit rushed
11:21 thd getting attention to an issue is always the problem more than the time period passed.
11:21 BobB Con
11:21 mveron Why not decide now and send a message to the mailing list? If somebody disagrees he/she could ask for an other vote.
11:22 joann This basically just sets up a bank account.
11:22 slef mveron: that's a bit like "this is what we want. Does anyone dare oppose us?" like bad old Kings.
11:22 joann nothing can happen until the oha community get the grants committee sorted out
11:22 thd I see this as merely one avenue of funding for which many need to be pursued.
11:22 BobB if we delay this now, what will anyone actually do?
11:22 BobB that is not already done?
11:23 joann i dont want to be a bad old king ;)
11:23 slef mveron: I'd prefer to call for nominations, maybe with a short deadline. We may end up with the same names anyway.
11:23 joann I agree totally with Bob
11:23 mveron slef: Agree...
11:23 wahanui hmmm... agree is not the best approach
11:23 joann but also we have to lose except time
11:23 joann oops
11:23 thd Some granting organisations would never be able to grant to HLT where HLT is foreign and other models will be needed to pursue those.
11:23 joann nothing to lose but time
11:24 BobB yes thd that is true ...
11:24 magnuse i would love to see the donations coming in starting yesterday, but i tend to agree with slef
11:24 joann whats another week or two
11:24 BobB but there have been numerous past attempts to form a US 501 foundation taht have not succeeded
11:24 slef 1 week, let's keep some momentum now you've made it
11:24 drojf i'd prefer a split. like, vote/decide to set up the account and follow the mou now, noinate/vote on people withing a certain time span
11:24 BobB this approach is effective and inexpensive
11:25 eythian_ thd: that seems like an issue that would occur no matter where it was actually hosted
11:25 magnuse drojf: that works for me
11:25 thd Consequently, I see no reason not to go forward with HLT quickly with the understanding that the community can always propose revisions to the bylaws and members of the HLT grants committee.
11:25 mveron drojf: Good idea
11:25 joann we cangt sign the mou without signatories who represent and are supported by the commnity
11:25 davidnind I think we want people initially that the community trusts and respects to do the right thing, all of those nominated would definitely qualify (not that there aren't others as well)
11:26 slef !
11:26 BobB I really don't care whose names are on the MOU, but I would like the MOU itself to be endorsed, so that fundraising can begin
11:26 jwagner joined #koha
11:26 slef How about nominate the davidnind four for the MOU but call for nominations for the fundraising committee at the same time as the release team?
11:26 magnuse we can't put names on the MOU before asking them, though?
11:26 joann I have 3 vendors who want to contribute now
11:26 thd eythian_: Yes, the issue I mentioned about foreign grantors is unavoidable, therefore, should have no effect on funding via HLT.
11:26 slef oh yeah subject to their agreement
11:26 joann i have asked chris, bob is here
11:27 magnuse joann: count me in as well :-)
11:27 joann paul is online now - or was
11:27 slef paul_p_: oi! Are you willing to sign your life away? ;)
11:27 BobB Community control will be exercised by the Fundraising Committe - which is a whole new discussion
11:27 magnuse lol
11:27 joann 4 vendors (thank you magnus)
11:27 BobB take as much time as you like for that
11:27 slef ok, just documenting this:
11:28 slef #startvote Nominate rangi BobB magnuse paul_p_ to sign the MOU on our behalf and call for nominations to the fundraising committee ASAP? Yes, No
11:28 huginn Begin voting on: Nominate rangi BobB magnuse paul_p_ to sign the MOU on our behalf and call for nominations to the fundraising committee ASAP? Valid vote options are Yes, No.
11:28 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
11:28 * paul_p_ reading the backlog, and proud to discover he is "one of the davidnind four" :D
11:28 magnuse um, not me, i think?
11:28 thd #vote Yes
11:28 paul_p_ #vote Yes
11:28 joann #vote yes
11:29 mveron #vote Yes
11:29 davidnind #vote yes
11:29 magnuse oy!
11:29 Joubu #vote Yes
11:29 slef magnuse: I changed it because you're here and Galen/Nicole aren't. Are you unwilling? Sorry :(
11:29 matts #vote Yes
11:29 magnuse well, i havn't actually read the MOU...
11:29 joann Magnus wil do ::D
11:29 * BobB does not want to vote for himself as signatory, but votes in favour of the MOU being signed
11:29 slef I misunderstood "<magnuse> joann: count me in as well :-)"
11:29 BobB #vote Yes
11:29 ColinC #vote Yes
11:29 joann better read it sunshine!
11:30 magnuse joann said "I have 3 vendors who want to contribute now" - it hought that meant want to contribute financially
11:30 slef yeah I see now
11:30 slef sorry
11:30 drojf heh i read it like slef
11:30 drojf so we start over?
11:30 drojf also, we only have 3 then
11:30 joann it did - and i interptreted your 'count me in' as another vendor with $
11:31 joann that aside, why not Magnus?
11:31 slef we're asking him to do work - it's only polite that he be OK doing that work
11:31 joann or run with 3
11:31 joann noone has to do any work.
11:31 joann yet
11:31 slef you're a librarian, you think reading isn't work ;)
11:32 magnuse well, i'm not ready to be voted in anywhere
11:32 slef ok, abort
11:32 slef #vote no
11:32 slef #endvote
11:32 huginn Voted on "Nominate rangi BobB magnuse paul_p_ to sign the MOU on our behalf and call for nominations to the fundraising committee ASAP?" Results are
11:32 huginn Yes (9): Joubu, ColinC, davidnind, joann, matts, paul_p_, BobB, mveron, thd
11:32 huginn No (1): slef
11:32 joann the work will be in getting the Koha community to help develop and support the grants committee bylaws
11:32 thd slef: It depends on whether you are reading uphill or downhill :)
11:32 slef ok... shall I redo with "gmcharlt and/or nengard"?
11:33 magnuse works for me
11:33 * slef apologises
11:33 akafred I guess we were not ready. I suggest the "open for nominations and vote in a week"-approach.
11:33 joann dont we have 9 votes for magnus, bobmpaul and chris?
11:33 drojf akafred: +1
11:33 magnuse akafred: +1
11:33 drojf sorry but that does not make sense now
11:33 * gmcharlt perks up
11:34 gmcharlt redo w me and nengard what...?
11:34 slef joann: yes but if magnuse is not willing it's not fair
11:34 joann i agree but he has not said =he is unwilling
11:34 matts gotta leave the meeting
11:34 paul_p_ if we down the number of sign-up ppl to 3, that would fit, isn't it ? ;-)
11:34 drojf we are obviously not prepared to do this now
11:34 slef yo! gmcharlt! To read and if willing sign the HLT MOU
11:34 joann of course it would
11:34 slef so why was it 4?
11:34 gmcharlt slef: gotcha - thanks; I will in fact be reading in closely today
11:34 joann we picked a number
11:35 paul_p_ so let's pick 3 :D :D
11:36 slef I share akafred drojf misgivings about the lack of preparation but I recognise that the majority here are willing to do this now
11:36 akafred The question is - will a hurried, unannounced vote for unprepared signatories today make everyone feel they "represent and are supported by the community".
11:36 davidnind I think 4 is fine, not too many, not too small
11:36 slef so I feel I must offer the meeting the choice
11:36 drojf i'm not voting on anyone now. sorry. that does not feel right
11:36 slef but with or without gmcharlt?
11:37 paul_p_ we have 3 companies ready to fund, a NPO ready to host us, the MOU are very light, I feel it's just a "checking for checking" time delay. (sorry to be rude)
11:37 slef do you want your name on it gmcharlt perks?
11:37 slef perks???
11:37 * slef looks at autocomplete
11:37 joann Its past midnight here so I am going to head of to bed. THT will do whatever the community wants. I am completely calm abou whetherthis gets through tonight or not. No problems.
11:37 BobB #idea what about a vote for four signatories now, with a direction that they not sign the MOU for one week, during which time people may raise objections, and if three people request, call another meeting?
11:37 gmcharlt heh
11:38 thd drojf: I perfectly agree with your sentiment generally.  However, I think we could vote them out just as easily at the next meeting if we think we acted too hastily.
11:38 paul_p_ BobB sounds fair enough.
11:38 gmcharlt but with respect to all who have already clearly worked hard on it... community approval a DAY after an announcement is meaningless
11:38 gmcharlt I am (a) willing to spend time closely reading it today and (b) willing to sign in within a week unless I have substantive objections
11:38 slef BobB: see my earlier reply to mveron. That feels to me like railroading and a compromise that serves no-one well. We may as well authorise the MOU now and let people block appointment of the fundraising committee.
11:38 BobB Signatories have no role other than to 'iuse their best efforts to ensure the community does stuff"
11:38 gmcharlt and I do not want to delay it unecessary
11:39 BobB we are not electing anyone to office here
11:39 magnuse gmcharlt++
11:40 slef I'm going to call a second test vote unless anyone wants to phrase a vote for me...?
11:40 gmcharlt but I really do think it can take a week -- this is a big step, since, as it's being presented, it's more than just X Koha support providers banding together on a one-time project
11:40 akafred !
11:40 slef And then I'm going to move on rather than drag the meeting beyond 2 hours.
11:40 * slef waits for akafred
11:40 gmcharlt slef: an idea: shall we call for an IRC meeting next week dedicated to the MOU?
11:41 akafred Lets give this authority by first voting "A. decide signatories now B. open nominations now and vote in a week."
11:41 thd BobB: Oh, if we are only electing signatories, why not appoint several notable people by invitation from HLT rather than merely three additional people now?
11:41 slef gmcharlt: would BobB be OK with that? IMO any signatory could hold IRC consultations before they sign if they want.
11:41 akafred If A is chosen we can go ahead now.
11:42 BobB akafred are you calling for a vote on Fundraising committee members in a week?  That is rushing things imo
11:42 akafred No, signatories
11:42 akafred To make sure everyone feels they "represent and are supported by the commnity"
11:43 magnuse akafred's proposal sounds good to me
11:43 Joubu 3 of them have been RM (at least once)...
11:43 slef #startvote Do we A: approve rangi BobB gmcharlt paul_p_ to sign the MOU as soon as they wish or B: open MOU nominations and vote at an IRC meeting next week? A, B
11:43 huginn Begin voting on: Do we A: approve rangi BobB gmcharlt paul_p_ to sign the MOU as soon as they wish or B: open MOU nominations and vote at an IRC meeting next week? Valid vote options are A, B.
11:43 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
11:43 davidnind i would suggest two separate votes 1) Support MOU and purpose (subject to any minor edits deemed necessary) 2) Nominations for signatories with voting in a week - Bob, Galen, Chris, Paul (subject to agreement to represent and open for further nominations)
11:44 slef davidnind: sorry
11:44 magnuse #vote B
11:44 akafred #vote B
11:44 paul_p_ #vote A
11:44 drojf #vote B
11:44 davidnind I can't type very fast, sorry here..
11:44 BobB #vote A
11:44 Joubu #vote A
11:44 mveron #vote B
11:44 chris_n #vote A
11:44 davidnind #vote A
11:45 * BobB again votes in favour of the MOU being signed, not for himself as a signatory
11:45 slef davidnind: that's why I suggest screaming ! to make me wait. Sorry if you did and I missed it.
11:45 ColinC #vote A
11:45 * akafred just wants to clarify that his vote is about the process, not the people.
11:45 slef #info BobB again votes in favour of the MOU being signed, not for himself as a signatory
11:45 slef BobB: so noted
11:45 BobB thx :)
11:45 eythian_ #vote A
11:45 thd Is the apparent haste in the moment for something which has been discussed with long interruptions and not much attention between motivated by the fact that there are three parties willing to contribute funds who may loose interest if delayed?
11:46 gmcharlt for my part - I will make an informed decision and am willing to be on a list of signatories, but feel pretty strongly that the list should not be exclusive
11:46 slef #showvote
11:46 huginn A (7): Joubu, ColinC, davidnind, paul_p_, eythian_, BobB, chris_n
11:46 huginn B (4): magnuse, drojf, akafred, mveron
11:46 gmcharlt i.e., if somebody else chooses to sign, they should be able to do so
11:46 thd #vote B
11:46 slef Anyone want to persuade people to change sides?  Anyone ovvering to change sides?
11:46 slef offering
11:46 * slef switches autocomplete back on
11:47 gmcharlt thd: er, I will choose assume that potential contributors are familiar enough with the ways of our community not to be put off by a week for folks to consider
11:47 eythian_ #vote B
11:48 slef #showvote
11:48 huginn A (6): Joubu, ColinC, davidnind, paul_p_, BobB, chris_n
11:48 huginn B (6): magnuse, akafred, eythian_, mveron, thd, drojf
11:48 magnuse lol
11:48 BobB gmcharlt, I have no problem with that, I do not much care who signs it, as long as they are willing to 'use their best endeavours' to make the community do what it is ageeing to do
11:48 slef I'm going to make a casting vote then...
11:48 slef #vote B
11:49 slef sorry BobB
11:49 BobB so exactly what does that mean chairman
11:49 slef #endvote
11:49 huginn Voted on "Do we A: approve rangi BobB gmcharlt paul_p_ to sign the MOU as soon as they wish or B: open MOU nominations and vote at an IRC meeting next week?" Results are
11:49 huginn A (6): Joubu, ColinC, davidnind, paul_p_, BobB, chris_n
11:49 huginn B (7): magnuse, slef, akafred, eythian_, mveron, thd, drojf
11:49 BobB is  the MOU not endorsed?
11:49 BobB then who is going to step up to fix whatever must be fixed?
11:49 slef not this week, sorry - I think there's no objection to the MOU itself
11:49 BobB and what must be fixed?
11:49 slef just to the rush to names
11:50 drojf BobB: i think we all endorse the MOU. some of us just have difficulties with rushing through this now after sending out the MOU last night (my time zone)
11:50 slef well I'd like the naming consistent ;)
11:50 BobB that is not at all clear from the motion that has been determined just now
11:50 slef could you publish the source code for the MOU so we can patch it, please?
11:50 chris_n lol
11:50 thd BobB: My vote was not against endorsing the MOU but merely waiting a week to give people more opportunity to consider details before endorsing.
11:50 slef I'll open the nominations and chair next week's IRC meeting unless anyone else replaces me
11:50 meliss joined #koha
11:50 akafred slef++
11:51 slef I suspect we'll end up with the davidnind four anyway but it'll be a stronger agreement for it
11:51 m23_ joined #koha
11:51 slef let's move on!
11:51 gmcharlt It's not clear to me that patches would even be required -- I think it's purely a matter of respect for the time of contributors to Koha that if one proposes something to which one also desires general community assent... that a reasonable amount of time be allowed for them to read closely
11:51 slef #topic 8. Actions from General IRC meeting 11 February 2015
11:51 Topic for #koha is now 8. Actions from General IRC meeting 11 February 2015 (Meeting topic: General_IRC_meeting_11_March_2015)
11:51 drojf i don't have any objection to the davidnind four or the MOU. only to the rushed process today
11:52 * magnuse agrees with gmcharlt
11:52 * akafred too
11:52 BobB ok, I'm off to bed, good night all
11:52 * magnuse agrees with drojf too
11:52 slef night BobB - same time next week?
11:52 gmcharlt if community assent was not, in fact, desired -- I don't think there's in fact any bar to whoever who wants to do it from setting up funding pools
11:52 slef anyone know about the Roadmap for Koha?
11:52 magnuse thanks for you work on this BobB
11:53 mveron BobB ++
11:53 drojf BobB++
11:53 magnuse ...and joann
11:53 drojf joann++
11:53 mveron joann ++
11:53 slef akafred did some work on the roadmap?
11:53 akafred I have suggested a couple of things;
11:53 collum joined #koha
11:54 akafred One is that we should "commit" to provide a REST api as per the REST RFC.
11:54 slef This looks to me a bit like a zombie agenda item that has been stumbling on since http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]_17_December_2014 :(
11:55 slef or actually november
11:55 davidnind I only added it as it seemed to still be open, if it's available for contribution and no further discussion required, then that is okay
11:56 slef can we ask if the RMs support this approach?
11:56 slef duhhhh
11:56 slef rephrase
11:56 slef shall we ask if the RMs support this approach?
11:56 akafred The other is that the work on Plack (which is rumored to have real implications for performance) should be brought forward.
11:56 slef otherwise it could become another place where contributors become alienated :(
11:57 * magnuse gotta wander off
11:57 NateC joined #koha
11:57 davidnind I think the idea of the road map has already been agreed, with release manager holding final say inwaht goes int to a release
11:57 slef #idea ask if the RMs support this approach?
11:57 slef I'm going to close the meeting because I need to leave too
11:57 davidnind s/be in what goes into a release
11:57 akafred Both REST and Plack had progress last week in Marseille.
11:58 slef unless anyone else wants to take the chair, finish this and set the next meeting date?
11:58 thd !
11:58 * slef waits for thd
11:58 thd slef: You cannot stay for selecting the next meeting time?
11:59 slef not unless it's dead quick
11:59 akafred next meeting is next week isn't it.
11:59 akafred ?
11:59 slef aha
11:59 akafred The mou vote.
11:59 davidnind Next normal meeting 8 April 2015 10:00 UTC, MOU meeting next week 18 March 10:00 UTC
11:59 slef I mean next general meeting
11:59 m23 joined #koha
11:59 slef MOU meeting next week 18 March 10 UTC
11:59 slef please
11:59 gmcharlt +1 to 8 April 10UTC for next general meeting
12:00 gmcharlt +1 to 18 March 10 UTC for MOU meeting
12:00 slef usual pattern would be 8 April 4 UTC wouldn't it?
12:00 thd gmcharlt: should we not alternate to 21 UTC as recently?
12:00 slef 19 UTC recently
12:00 thd 19 UTC
12:00 gmcharlt sorry, I was just going by what davidnind said
12:01 slef I see teh 4 UTC seems to have dropped
12:01 gmcharlt I'm also fine with 19UTC
12:01 slef #topic 9. Set date/time of next general IRC meeting
12:01 Topic for #koha is now 9. Set date/time of next general IRC meeting (Meeting topic: General_IRC_meeting_11_March_2015)
12:01 davidnind fine with any time, not sure what recent pattern has been
12:01 thd 4 UTC is guaranteed minimal attendance.
12:01 slef seeing as we've already gone with that
12:01 slef 8 April is 2 days after Easter Monday
12:01 slef still OK with everyone?
12:01 gmcharlt yes
12:01 drojf +1 for 19utc on 8 april
12:02 thd +1 8 April 19 UTC
12:02 davidnind +1 for 19utc on 8 april
12:02 Joubu -1 #19 UTC is too late for me
12:02 drojf davidnind: you copied that from me. it's my intellectual property ^^
12:02 slef well we each take it in the neck sometimes Joubu !
12:03 slef #agreed 8 April 19UTC for next general meeting, 18 March 10:00 UTC for MOU agreement meeting
12:03 slef #info Thank you all for lasting this long! See you next week!
12:03 slef #endmeeting
12:03 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.18.4 is released! Welcome to the IRC home of Koha http://koha-community.org | Code of conduct - http://koha-community.org/abou[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Happy Birthday cait_| Please use http://paste.koha-community.org for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Debian
12:03 huginn Meeting ended Wed Mar 11 12:03:19 2015 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
12:03 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-03-11-10.02.html
12:03 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]5-03-11-10.02.txt
12:03 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]11-10.02.log.html
12:03 akafred slef++
12:03 drojf slef++
12:03 mveron slef++
12:03 eythian_ whew, bedtime!
12:03 slef whew, lunchtime!
12:03 davidnind slef==
12:03 davidnind slef++
12:03 mveron Lunch got cold...
12:03 eythian_ everyone is making slef slower and more complicated
12:04 davidnind 1am is getting on a bit..
12:04 slef mveron: salad for me. I know what you lot can be like ;)
12:04 jransom joined #koha
12:04 Teejay Early afternoon here. Nice joining you all
12:04 * mveron will make use of the micro wave...
12:04 gmcharlt slef++
12:05 m23 joined #koha
12:05 slef oh shoot
12:06 slef I should have done a #info on why 7.h was invalid
12:06 slef never mind - people can read the fine logs
12:07 drojf has there been an #action for someone to send out the mail about next weeks meeting?
12:07 drojf we would not want to do the same thing again, would we?
12:07 ashimema_ joined #koha
12:07 ashimema_ hi peeps..
12:08 ashimema_ can anyone direct me at the current documentation related to enabling memcached for koha..
12:08 akafred drojf: slef said: " I'll open the nominations and chair next week's IRC meeting unless anyone else replaces me"
12:09 ashimema_ been a while since I've experimented in that area. The dust seems to have settled a bit now so it's time for me to try again ;)
12:09 drojf ashimema_: i think it is "install/start memcached and set it in koha-conf.xml"
12:09 slef akafred, drojf: feel free to open nominations for me ;)
12:09 eythian_ that's pretty much it
12:09 slef else I'll do it a bit later
12:09 ashimema_ it is conf now is it.. I know it had flip/flopped between koha-conf and apache vhosts a few times
12:09 eythian_ oh
12:09 eythian_ it might be in the apache conf
12:10 drojf akafred: thanks
12:10 drojf slef: no that's fine :)
12:10 akafred drojf: thank slef who volunteered :-)
12:11 * thd needs to sleep to be productive later
12:11 drojf ashimema_ eythian or maybe that. sorry, i'm not helping
12:11 ashimema_ cheers peeps
12:11 ashimema_ eythian.. your around alte aren't you..?
12:11 eythian_ ashimema_: yeah
12:11 eythian_ there was a meeting just then
12:11 akafred ashimema_: When you find out about memcached i'd love a ping with a link
12:11 eythian_ I'm now in procrastinate going to bed mode
12:12 ashimema_ indeed.. I missed it..
12:12 ashimema_ was in a call with a client :)
12:12 ashimema_ so need to read the minutes..
12:20 m23 joined #koha
12:30 m23 joined #koha
12:32 akafred ashimema_: In my setup I find MEMCACHED_SERVERS in apache and memcached_servers in koha-conf. Haven't tried either yet.
12:33 akafred ashimema_: According to http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]formance#Memcache it is environment variables that count (that means apache SetEnv).
12:34 drojf oh yes accourding to http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=11167 too
12:34 huginn Bug 11167: trivial, P5 - low, ---, magnus, In Discussion , Remove memcached config from koha-conf-site.xml.in
12:34 akafred ashimema_: However in the code I see "USE_MEMCACHED" as an option ... I guess that would have to go in the apache config?
12:34 drojf sorry forgot to send that
12:34 drojf i have it in both places ^^
12:35 drojf i don't habe use_memcached anywhere
12:36 akafred Not even set on the server?
12:37 m23_ joined #koha
12:37 indradg joined #koha
12:39 akafred Ok - it is only used in Makefile.PL
12:40 m23_ joined #koha
12:40 tcohen joined #koha
12:40 akafred So putting server(s) into apache config should do the trick.
12:40 JoshB joined #koha
12:44 tcohen morning
12:44 davidnind left #koha
12:44 tcohen hi akafred
12:45 akafred morning tcohen
12:46 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:47 m23_ joined #koha
12:49 ashimema_ cheers people
12:49 ashimema_ all very helpfull
12:49 Topic for #koha is now Nominations for 3.22-roles are open: http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]ki/Roles_for_3.22 | Welcome to the IRC home of Koha http://koha-community.org | Code of conduct - http://koha-community.org/abou[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use http://paste.koha-community.org for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Debian
12:50 m23 joined #koha
12:53 m23 joined #koha
12:56 edveal joined #koha
12:57 fridolin hie tcohen, good morning
12:57 fridolin home sweet home ?
12:57 tcohen hi fridolin, are you alreading drinking mate?
12:57 tcohen yeah
12:57 tcohen took the day off yesterday
12:57 tcohen back at the office today
12:59 fridolin tcohen: of course ;) im not yet used to it
12:59 fridolin its difficult to have it always warm
12:59 fridolin but i realy enjoy it
13:01 * magnuse waves at tcohen
13:02 fridolin just for news : I will release this month 3.14 verison, with backport of Bug 12594
13:02 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=12594 minor, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, ASSIGNED , Get rid of z3950random
13:02 tcohen yeah, you need to drink the whole 1L thermus in a row
13:02 fridolin I mean Bug 12954
13:02 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=12954 is not accessible.
13:03 fridolin and the translations made during HFK
13:03 tcohen hi magnuse
13:03 fridolin if some important bugs for 3.14.x must be pointed to me, do not hesitate to contact me
13:05 tcohen great fridolin
13:06 jransom joined #koha
13:09 m23 joined #koha
13:12 jransom2 joined #koha
13:15 barton @seen dcook
13:15 huginn barton: dcook was last seen in #koha 6 hours, 33 minutes, and 33 seconds ago: <dcook> later all
13:18 barton good $(date +%p), #koha :-)
13:19 mario joined #koha
13:21 paul_p joined #koha
13:24 Joubu tcohen: Hi! I would be nice to see bug 13021 pushed, it's the last use (I think) of SQLHelper. When it will be pushed, SQLHelper.pm could be removed
13:24 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=13021 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , DataTables server-side processing - guarantor search
13:24 Joubu s/I/It
13:25 barton +1
13:28 NateC joined #koha
13:30 barton @later tell dcook when you get a chance, could you look at Bug 6499
13:30 huginn barton: The operation succeeded.
13:31 barton nuts. meant to add more to that later... bloody embeded linefeed in paste...
13:32 barton bug 6499
13:32 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6499 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, barton, Failed QA , MARC21 035 -- Other-control-number --  Indexing & Matching
13:35 jransom joined #koha
13:35 barton ^^ tcohen, dcook (and whoever geeks out on Zebra index stuff) ... this patch adds an index for 035$a and 035$z ... it worked for me and wnickc, but not for cait. I have a feeling that whatever's causing her issues might also be at the root of some of my headaches. Would you mind taking a look?
13:35 nengard joined #koha
13:35 barton morning nengard!
13:35 tcohen barton, I will
13:35 nengard hiya
13:35 barton tcohen++
13:35 cma joined #koha
13:41 magnuse man sftp
13:41 magnuse gah!
13:43 jcamins sftp -- secure file transfer program
13:43 jcamins sftp [-1246Cpqrv] [-B buffer_size] [-b batchfile] [-c cipher] [-D sftp_server_path] [-F ssh_config] [-i identity_file] [-l limit] [-o ssh_option] [-P port] [-R num_requests] [-S program] [-s subsystem | sftp_server] host ...
13:44 Joubu mveron: I don't understand you patch on bug 11364
13:44 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=11364 normal, P5 - low, ---, pasi.kallinen, Signed Off , Label layout types and text justification types are not translatable
13:44 magnuse thanks jcamins :-)
13:44 Joubu mveron: $text_justification_types is still used
13:44 Joubu C4/Creators/Lib.pm:    return $text_justification_types;
13:45 Joubu and perl -wc complains
13:49 mveron Joubu: See Bernardo's comment #2 for Bug 11364
13:49 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=11364 normal, P5 - low, ---, pasi.kallinen, Signed Off , Label layout types and text justification types are not translatable
13:50 Joubu mveron: he was wrong :)
13:50 mveron Oh, then discard my patch :-)
13:50 tcohen Joubu: let's see
13:56 m23 joined #koha
13:57 josef_moravec joined #koha
14:01 paul_p joined #koha
14:03 * magnuse waves at nengard
14:04 * nengard waves at magnuse
14:06 m23 joined #koha
14:07 paul_p joined #koha
14:07 tcohen jcaminsul
14:07 tcohen hi paul_p
14:07 tcohen haha, smuxi autocompletion *cks
14:08 paul_p hi tcohen I hope you're well & cecilia/manuel are happy to get their husband/dad back home !
14:08 tcohen they are =D
14:08 magnuse yay
14:13 hector joined #koha
14:13 chris_n tcohen: is bug 10773 on your radar?
14:13 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=10773 major, P3, ---, dpavlin, Passed QA , Add item-level descriptions for Label Printing
14:13 tcohen it is
14:13 chris_n fantastic
14:13 chris_n tcohen++
14:13 nlegrand I have a db working ok with 3.18, when I switch on master, I loose items in catalogue/detail.pl ('no physical items for this record') or circ/circulation.pl checkouts list (with the right number of checkouted items well written on tab). Someone has an idea what recent could do this?
14:14 tcohen khall: where did you put the db table naming schema on the wiki?
14:14 khall hmm, let me take a look
14:14 khall tcohen: http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_Objects
14:14 jransom joined #koha
14:15 tcohen thanks khall
14:15 khall np!
14:15 tcohen nengard: keep me informed if you find something about that bug
14:16 nengard which bug?
14:17 tcohen oh, smuxi autocompletion again, I intended to write to nlegrand
14:17 tcohen it seems to try to be smart regarding what i use the most for autocompleting
14:17 nengard :)
14:18 nengard hiya jransom
14:18 nengard long time no see
14:19 m23 joined #koha
14:19 jransom2 joined #koha
14:23 m23 joined #koha
14:24 NateC joined #koha
14:24 paul_p nengard = I think jransom is a bot. Joann told us it was more than midnight for her, she left for going to bed ;-)
14:24 nengard interesting
14:24 wahanui i heard interesting was sometimes good and sometimes bad
14:24 nengard okay
14:27 m23 joined #koha
14:34 edveal joined #koha
14:39 tcohen chris_n: I think we should have (easy to do) regression tests for 10773
14:41 TGoat joined #koha
14:41 chris_n tcohen: that sounds good; I'll try to whip one up this afternoon and add it to the bug
14:42 tcohen great chris_n
14:45 jransom joined #koha
14:51 TGoat-Android joined #koha
14:58 rocio joined #koha
15:00 vfernandes joined #koha
15:00 vfernandes hi :)
15:03 vfernandes one strange thing happened on one of my installations.... a loan is repeated twice in the database... same patron, same item, same date, same renewaldate...
15:03 vfernandes what could provoke that?
15:20 fridolin for users of the z3950 of the BNF, does it work better than last weeks ?
15:25 mveron joined #koha
15:27 dani joined #koha
15:29 jransom joined #koha
15:34 slef ok, finding where to create the fundraising wiki page
15:38 fridolin1 joined #koha
15:39 slef @seen fpeon
15:39 huginn slef: I have not seen fpeon.
15:39 NCARMichael joined #koha
15:42 NCARMichael Greetings! Perchance some kind soul can assist me with adding fields to my Default framework?
15:42 carmen joined #koha
15:44 NCARMichael It seems so straightforward, and yet my new fields fail to appear.
15:45 NCARMichael I've added subfields as well...
15:45 NateC joined #koha
15:46 NCARMichael I've watched this, from Nicole: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtRLIv3sEuk
15:47 NCARMichael perhaps there's a particular subfield that must be added for the 099...?
15:51 * slef posts http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Fundraising
15:52 slef @marc 099
15:52 huginn slef: unknown tag 099
15:52 slef @marc 952
15:52 huginn slef: unknown tag 952
15:52 wahanui The 952 field is used by Koha to store item data in MARC21 and is described at http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]_fields_%289xx%29
15:52 slef nope I don't remember where 099 is described
15:52 slef but fields should already be in there
15:53 slef so I don't understand: why would it matter if you added a new one?
15:53 slef NCARMichael: Where do the fields fail to appear?
15:53 slef I may have no answers but I can at least improve the questions :)
15:57 fridolin joined #koha
16:02 NCARMichael sorry...i disappeared there for a bit...
16:02 NCARMichael I go in to Edit at the record level
16:02 NCARMichael and 099 doesn't show for me
16:09 reiveune bye
16:09 reiveune left #koha
16:11 NCARMichael Just tried same thing with 567 field...same result.
16:12 slef NCARMichael: what koha version?
16:12 drojf joined #koha
16:13 mveron Bye #koha
16:13 slef bye mveron ;)
16:14 Dyrcona1 joined #koha
16:14 NCARMichael Koha version 3.14.04
16:17 Dyrcona joined #koha
16:19 jransom joined #koha
16:20 slef jransom: I hope that email was OK
16:26 oleonard joined #koha
16:28 NCARMichael A ha, problem solved!  It was a caching issue, apparently.
16:38 brendan_ joined #koha
17:04 laurence left #koha
17:10 JoshB joined #koha
17:20 NateC joined #koha
17:21 brendan_ @later tell rangi When traveling in europe - Ginny insists she’s a baby turtle —  “no no daddy turtle - me name is not Ginny!!!  it’s baby turtle”
17:21 huginn brendan_: The operation succeeded.
17:21 wnickc joined #koha
17:44 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 13657 - Don't show extra comma after guarantor name on patron details <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]a1450fde481e935e7> / Bug 11364: Label layout types and text justification types are not translatable <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]3a492e2dc6ce28375> / Bug 13804 - Returns via the checkouts tables uses the p
17:44 jenkins_koha Starting build #248 for job Koha_Master_U12_MariaDB (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:44 jenkins_koha Starting build #323 for job Koha_Master_U12 (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:47 jenkins_koha Starting build #313 for job Koha_Master_U14 (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:49 jenkins_koha Starting build #324 for job Koha_Master_D7 (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:53 tcohen ginny++ # baby koala rules
17:53 jenkins_koha Starting build #300 for job Koha_Master_D6 (previous build: STILL FAILING)
17:54 collum joined #koha
17:58 tcohen @later tell matts ìd is not a good name for a colum :-P
17:58 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
18:03 wnickc_ joined #koha
18:05 brendan_ HA tcohen I will have to tell baby turtle that someone said - baby koala rules
18:05 tcohen =D
18:14 chris_n tcohen: regression tests for 10773 will probably need to be db dependent; what did you have in mind as a simple test?
18:15 tcohen hm, i thought we already had code mocking things in t/Labels.t
18:16 chris_n not really
18:16 chris_n nothing is called in those tests which requires db access
18:17 chris_n there are some db_dependent Labels tests
18:17 chris_n but we'd need data to run over
18:17 tcohen we need to mock some things, like GetBranches, etc
18:18 tcohen instead of DB access
18:18 tcohen let me find a good example
18:18 chris_n that would require a rewrite of most of the db_dependent Labels tests
18:18 tcohen no no
18:19 tcohen you should just use Test::MockModule on t/Labels.t
18:19 tcohen to mock a couple things
18:19 tcohen let me find an example, its really easy
18:19 chris_n k
18:22 jenkins_koha Starting build #325 for job Koha_Master_D7 (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:24 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 13578: Make sure the 'public' parameter is passed to the last step <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]e2609ee29cb459ac8> / Bug 11430: DBRev 3.19.00.015 <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]936c0230a08c3cbec> / Bug 11430: (RM followup) DBIx schema update <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]t;a=commitdiff;h=
18:24 tcohen chris_n: look at t/Prices.t
18:24 * chris_n looks
18:25 tcohen my $bookseller_module = Test::MockModule->new('Koha:​:Acquisition::Bookseller');
18:25 tcohen and then
18:25 tcohen $bookseller_module->mock(
18:25 tcohen 'fetch',
18:25 tcohen sub {
18:25 tcohen return { listincgst => 0, invoiceincgst => 0 };
18:25 tcohen }
18:25 tcohen );
18:25 tcohen so, you are mocking the module, and defining what it will do
18:25 tcohen so, mock what you need
18:26 tcohen and make it return exactly what you need for the test
18:26 jenkins_koha Starting build #314 for job Koha_Master_U14 (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:29 tcohen you need to mock C4::Branch, and specifically  ->mock('GetBranchName', sub{ my $branch = shift;  if ($branch eq xxx) { return "label for xxx} })
18:29 tcohen anyway, i'm leaving home
18:29 tcohen just drop me an email if you need help r something
18:30 chris_n sounds good; I'll have a shot at it
18:30 wnickc joined #koha
18:30 bshum joined #koha
18:31 jenkins_koha Starting build #301 for job Koha_Master_D6 (previous build: STILL FAILING)
18:34 jransom2 joined #koha
18:39 jenkins_koha Starting build #324 for job Koha_Master_U12 (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:42 jenkins_koha Starting build #249 for job Koha_Master_U12_MariaDB (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:53 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_D7 build #325: UNSTABLE in 31 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ha_Master_D7/325/
18:53 jenkins_koha * Larry Baerveldt: Bug 13785: koha-disable should also stop SIP and zebra for instance
18:53 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 13785: (QA followup) koha-disable should stop the indexer daemon
18:53 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 11430: delete search history by id - API changes
18:53 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=13785 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, larry, Pushed to Master , koha-disable should also stop SIP/Zebra/Indexer for instance
18:53 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 11430: UT: add unit tests to delete only selected lines
18:53 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 11430: OPAC changes
18:53 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 11430: Intranet changes
18:53 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 11430 [Follow-up] Search history: Delete selected lines
18:53 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=11430 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Search history: Delete selected lines
18:53 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 11430: DB changes: Add the primary key for search_history
18:53 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 11430: (QA followup) small typos in kohastructure.sql
18:53 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 11430: (QA followup) we test for warnings, always
18:53 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 11430: (RM followup) DBIx schema update
18:53 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 11430: DBRev 3.19.00.015
18:53 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 13578: Make sure the 'public' parameter is passed to the last step
18:53 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=13578 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Parameter public is lost on creating a report
18:57 barton a question came up at bywater as to whether it was possible for notices generated by 'gatherprintnotices.pl' to get a status other than 'pending'. I thought that I had seen this discussed in the text of one of the message transport type bugs in bugzilla, but I can't seem to find that. Does that ring a bell with anyone?
19:18 nengard joined #koha
19:40 m23 joined #koha
20:04 NateC joined #koha
20:07 rangi morning
20:09 rangi @later tell magnuse thanks, fixed now
20:09 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
20:09 cait joined #koha
20:10 cait hi #kohs
20:10 cait hi #kohs
20:10 cait hi #koha
20:10 * cait blames the cold
20:11 rangi hi cait
20:11 nengard hiya cait
20:11 nengard I'm sick too :(
20:11 cait hi rangi and nengard
20:11 drojf wizzyrea: that was fast. thanks for adding me :)
20:11 cait nengard: been since sunday night :( but we had our user meeting today - so glad to be home
20:11 cait drojf: congratulations :)
20:11 cait haven't read all mail yet, but saw yours
20:12 drojf hi cait. where have you been since the hackfest?
20:13 cait at work on monday, travelling the last 2 for the user meeting
20:13 drojf travelling to nice places? :)
20:16 cait heidelberg
20:16 cait our first koha library was hosting the meeting
20:16 cait was nice :)
20:16 cait just the cold is really really annoying
20:16 drojf ah cool
20:17 drojf apart from the cold
20:20 rangi drojf++
20:22 drojf what did i do?
20:22 drojf and hi rangi :)
20:23 rangi another support company
20:23 rangi and from someone active in the community :)
20:25 cait :)
20:25 drojf thanks :)
20:25 nengard left #koha
20:27 drojf so i can hand out the real paid support address at the webinar tomorrow, not the fake one i used before :D
20:27 drojf j/k
20:27 * drojf hides ^^
20:29 cait heh
20:31 NateC joined #koha
20:31 rangi heh
20:37 brendan_ joined #koha
20:43 BobB joined #koha
21:07 Viktor joined #koha
21:15 m23_ joined #koha
21:23 mtompset joined #koha
21:23 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
21:23 mtompset wizzyrea: You here?
21:24 m23_ joined #koha
21:26 mtompset I'm curious who added Mirko's entry to the paid support list an hour or so ago. Anyone?
21:30 pastebot "mtompset" at 127.0.0.1 pasted "Request from February 4, 2015." (15 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/5
21:31 mtompset P.S. What isn't mentioned is that I do a lot of the technical work in terms of set up and installs.
21:32 cait cool logo
21:38 andreashm joined #koha
21:38 andreashm hi #koha
21:39 cait hi andreashm - i got your cold!
21:39 cait well... i can't prove it :)
21:40 andreashm ah, too bad. hope it's not as bad as it turned out for me though. came home with 40 C fever... peaked at 41 on sunday.
21:41 andreashm just got back among the living today...
21:42 eythian hi
21:44 cait eek
21:44 cait ok, i just decided it's not yurs
21:44 cait yours
21:44 cait hope you feel better now!
21:45 andreashm cait: haha. yeah, much better. thankfully.
21:48 mtompset Tulong Aklatan's logo. Thank you, cait :)
21:49 mtompset andreashm: Get better soon!
21:49 mtompset Greetings, cait andreashm eythian. :)
21:51 andreashm thanks mtompset
21:56 * dcook waves
21:56 dcook bug 6499
21:56 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6499 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, barton, Failed QA , MARC21 035 -- Other-control-number --  Indexing & Matching
21:56 drojf hi dcook
21:56 dcook @later tell barton sure, I'm pretty busy at the moment, so I might need another reminder later
21:56 huginn dcook: The operation succeeded.
21:56 dcook heya drojf
21:58 eythian dcook: I've figured why you moved to australia: Canada and Australia are both large countries that are mostly uninhabitable, and are full of places with ridiculous place names.
21:58 cait heh
21:58 eythian http://www.futilitycloset.com/[…]iversal-language/
22:00 drojf i was asked if i was canadian today
22:00 drojf that was… different
22:00 eythian well, they didn't want to accuse you of being American first, most likely :D
22:01 drojf heh
22:01 drojf ok then it was way more friendly to ask that way :P
22:01 dcook hehe
22:01 dcook Someone in the lift said "There are a lot of Americans in this building!"
22:02 dcook I replied "Really? I haven't noticed."
22:02 dcook She said "But you're American"
22:02 * dcook stared blankly at her for a bit
22:02 barton dcook: don't worry about it, tcohen said that he would look at it. I certainly appreciate being busy :-)
22:02 dcook Cool :)
22:02 dcook eythian: Canadian names make total sense!
22:02 dcook Sure, it only took me 10 years to learn how to spell Saskatchewan...
22:02 eythian wahanui: newfoundland
22:02 wahanui i guess newfoundland is the Untitled Document of place names.
22:02 dcook hehe
22:03 dcook It makes it extra good that it's Newfoundland & Labrador
22:03 ibeardslee just surely american is the entire continets .. just like you can be european and french
22:03 * magnuse has a cold too
22:03 dcook ibeardslee: It depends on the context in which you're referring to America
22:03 eythian http://mentalfloss.com/article[…]lace-names-canada <-- I'm just going to leave this here, dcook
22:03 ibeardslee you can be american and canadian
22:03 dcook The United States really ruined it for everyone else
22:03 ibeardslee or american and mexican
22:03 dcook The convention would be to say North American
22:03 dcook Unless you're not from North America
22:03 eythian ibeardslee: isn't it two continents?
22:04 eythian ibeardslee: so, you're conflating two different places
22:04 dcook Also that
22:04 wahanui it has been said that Also that is a giant undertaking
22:04 dcook I like how eythian manages to derail me when I should be doing other things
22:04 ibeardslee they are both america .. north and south
22:04 dcook Swastika would've only been a weird name after the 30s and 40s, me thinks
22:05 dcook Named Swastika in 1907... makes sense
22:05 dcook ibeardslee: But it might not follow with the Europe analog
22:05 dcook analogy*
22:05 * dcook reads more place names
22:05 dcook I've never been to Vulcan, but I hear it's great
22:05 dcook If only for the photo ops
22:06 * drojf hums 'there's no canada like french canada…'
22:06 dcook Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha! might take the cake...
22:06 dcook I think I've been to Head-Smashed-In...
22:07 dcook eythian: If it helps, my mum lived in Climax when she was younger :p
22:07 eythian heh
22:07 dcook We have other good ones..
22:07 dcook Big Beaver
22:07 dcook My grandpa lived there for a while when I was a kid
22:07 dcook Climax giveaway -> http://www.broadcastermagazine[…]000031302/?&er=NA
22:08 dcook We used to have a boat at Elbow... which you could get to once you passed through Eyebrow
22:08 dcook Yeah, I think you might be right about the funny name thing after all, eythian :p
22:09 barton dcook: Des Moines, Iowa has "Upper Beaver" and "Lower Beaver" Avenues... I can't quite imagine giving the latter as my mailing address...
22:09 eythian dcook: and then you have Wagga Wagga
22:09 barton I think that takes the cake.
22:10 barton http://poetry.about.com/od/poe[…]/l/blwakawaka.htm
22:11 mtompset drojf: Congratulations on being mistaken for a polite group of people. :)
22:11 barton HA
22:14 drojf mtompset: it was confusing to me too :P
22:17 eythian https://i.imgur.com/IomGkRU.gifv
22:19 dani left #koha
22:33 NateC joined #koha
22:35 drojf lol
22:39 drojf1 joined #koha
22:40 drojf hello there wifi
22:41 eythian drojf: written on OSX no less.
22:41 eythian Well, I suppose it's either that or windows, so neither is particularly better
22:41 rangi not uncommon at all sadly
22:43 drojf or the other way round
22:43 eythian heh
22:45 rangi @later tell magnuse im watching a tv show in the evenings called Lilyhammer its in norwegian with subtitles .. have you seen it?
22:45 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
22:46 drojf rangi: is it good?
22:46 eythian oh yeah
22:46 eythian I've had that on my netflix list
22:46 eythian I've heard good things
22:46 rangi yeah its about a mafia guy who gets relocated there under witness protection
22:46 rangi its really good
22:49 cait night
22:49 eythian hi cait
22:49 eythian bye cait
22:50 cait left #koha
22:50 drojf night cai
22:50 drojf t
22:50 drojf hmpf
22:51 drojf :D
22:52 BobB joined #koha
23:20 drojf i should get some sleep. good night #koha
23:30 Francesca joined #koha
23:30 * Francesca waves
23:35 mtompset Greetings, Francesca. :)
23:35 Francesca hey mtompset
23:35 wahanui i heard mtompset was catching up in the non-coding aspects of his ministry.
23:35 mtompset Something like that.
23:35 mtompset :)
23:36 Francesca anyone know if rangi's around?
23:36 mtompset 19:36 - 18:41
23:36 mtompset about an hour ago.
23:36 mtompset 55 minutes. :)
23:37 Francesca I keep on missing him..
23:55 NateC joined #koha
23:57 rangi am now
23:57 rangi heya

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary