IRC log for #koha, 2014-07-23

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 eternalsword not sure pianohacker, I do remember seeing some warnings related to foreign keys during the import of the phpmyadmin export. didn't see any of those in the mysqldump export.
01:02 carmenh joined #koha
01:02 carmenh left #koha
01:18 JasonBurds joined #koha
01:55 carmenh joined #koha
01:55 carmenh left #koha
03:03 wizzyrea phew glad you got that sorted out.
03:07 dcook Who runs koha-devel these days?
03:07 dcook It says BibLibre?
03:08 eythian I think it is
03:08 eythian not totally sure though
03:08 dcook Dinger :/
03:09 eythian yeah, it's hosted by a french company, so the odds are good.
03:10 eythian @wunder nzwn
03:10 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 10.0°C (3:00 PM NZST on July 23, 2014). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 87%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 29.74 in 1007 hPa (Steady).
03:13 dcook Whelp...not getting any emails from it now when I should...good times
03:13 dcook Or they're just incredibly slow...
03:14 dcook There that should be better...
03:15 dcook @wunder sydney, australia
03:15 huginn dcook: The current temperature in Sydney, New South Wales is 16.0°C (1:00 PM EST on July 23, 2014). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 59%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 30.18 in 1022 hPa (Falling).
03:15 dcook What the...
03:15 wahanui i heard the was a stop word
03:15 * dcook expected blue sky
03:15 eythian dcook: I just got your email from it.
03:15 dcook Sort of a grey/brown, I guess
03:15 eythian well, some time recently anyway
03:15 dcook eythian: About the service stuff?
03:15 eythian yeah
03:15 dcook Cool
03:15 dcook I was trying to change options using the email interface
03:15 eythian oh ah
03:16 dcook Worked out int he end :)
03:16 dcook in the*
03:16 eythian your emails don't thread properly, btw
03:16 eythian you're presumably using some non-standard mail client
03:16 dcook Define properly?
03:16 dcook I use Outlook and it has about a million threading options
03:16 eythian well, they don't thread.
03:16 dcook Hmm
03:16 dcook That's interesting
03:17 eythian
03:17 eythian see yours are all out of whack
03:17 eythian oh, outlook.
03:17 wahanui it has been said that outlook is poor.
03:18 eythian yeah, that is poor.
03:18 eythian It doesn't add the threading headers that most of the rest of the world uses.
03:18 dcook Hmm
03:19 wizzyrea also, outlook? really?
03:19 dcook It's what we use at work
03:19 dcook Mail, calendars, etc.
03:19 dcook Not really a big fan of Thunderbird...
03:19 dcook I suppose I could use Claws O_O
03:20 wizzyrea[…]2013/11/belle.gif
03:20 dcook I think I managed to download my webmail and send myself an GPG encrypted message with Claws before I fully transitioned to using Linux at home
03:20 dcook hehe
03:21 dcook That's actually quite disturbing the longer you watch it...
03:23 eythian well, tbf, you're not really using outlook for mail. You're getting it to abuse and offend our well-meaning email clients :)
03:23 dcook Thread-Topic and Thread-Index?
03:23 dcook Haha
03:23 wizzyrea lol
03:23 dcook Well, what do you folks use for email?
03:24 eythian Outlook structures the References: header wrong
03:24 wizzyrea @quote add eythian: you're not really using outlook for mail. You're getting it to abuse and offend our well-meaning email clients.
03:24 huginn wizzyrea: The operation succeeded.  Quote #307 added.
03:24 eythian it puts the second last email first
03:25 eythian and sometimes doesn't include it at all
03:26 * dcook is still curious about the superior technologies :p
03:27 eythian Oh, I use evolution, because it has calendar stuff built in.
03:27 eythian I sometimes use thunderbird
03:27 wizzyrea Thunderbird, but I will eventually change to evolution
03:27 eythian I used to use mutt.
03:27 wizzyrea one day when I've just had enough of it's nonsense.
03:27 wizzyrea its*
03:27 eythian One day I might change back to it, but I'd spend a day configuring.
03:28 dcook Hmm, perhaps I'll take a look at evolution sometime
03:28 dcook I think there's some talk about switching to Linux for our desktops at some point
03:28 dcook I like the command line, but I don't know if I could use mutt
03:28 dcook Maybe after a bit of getting used to it...
03:29 dcook What was I using a while ago...mailx?
03:29 eythian mutt is fairly different to mailx
03:30 dcook I hope so
03:30 eythian like, really very different
03:31 dcook Hmm, screenshots make it look tolerable
03:33 eythian[…]ush-blitz/5615440 <-- dcook
03:36 dcook Neato!
03:37 dcook Spiders are rather rad
03:37 eythian well you sure did move to the right country
03:39 eythian[…]-new-genus-spider <-- it is particularly leggy
03:41 dcook Apparently! I don't notice too many here in Sydney. I can't remember the names of most of them either. The ones in our garden are pretty harmless. There was a huntsman patrolling our front windows as well, and he was pretty harmless.
03:41 dcook I think I've seen maybe two deadly ones out in the street?
03:41 * dcook researches
03:41 eythian Just hanging out in the streets
03:43 dcook Mmm, maybe just one
03:43 dcook Well, it looked like it was a bit drunk
03:43 dcook Lounging against a brick wall on a sidewalk
03:44 dcook I suppose a lot of the spiders here are considerably larger than the ones back home, so it's fairly easy to see and avoid them.
03:45 dcook Mind you, I don't live in Queensland..
04:01 barton_a1ay joined #koha
04:13 barton_away joined #koha
04:20 wizzyrea I am glad that I live in a place with very few spiders.
04:20 wizzyrea few *dangerous spiders.
04:20 cjh nice save :)
04:20 wizzyrea plenty of friendly spiders
04:20 cjh wizzyrea: fear the daddy long legs.
04:20 wizzyrea pft.
04:20 cjh and little jumpy ones.
04:21 wizzyrea you live with Brown Recluses for a while and let me know how you feel about dangerous spiders.
04:21 wizzyrea they are squish on sight.
04:21 wizzyrea
04:21 wizzyrea ^ one of my favourite memes
04:22 wizzyrea[…]82c00caa8dba0.jpg
04:33 cait joined #koha
06:39 lds joined #koha
06:47 reiveune joined #koha
06:47 reiveune hello
06:47 wahanui hola, reiveune
06:47 cait left #koha
06:54 alex_a joined #koha
06:55 alex_a bonjour
06:55 wahanui niihau, alex_a
06:57 eythian wahanui: circular logic is <reply>circular logic works because circular logic works because circular logic works because circular logic works because circular logic works because circular logic works because
06:57 wahanui OK, eythian.
07:01 yohann joined #koha
07:16 Joubu hello
07:18 eythian hi Joubu
07:33 atheia joined #koha
07:39 cait joined #koha
07:39 cait good morning #koha
07:39 atheia Good morning cait, #koha
07:39 cait good morning alex :)
07:40 eythian hi cait
07:40 cait mornign eythian
07:40 cait why are you still here? :)
07:41 eythian want to get borrowers imported into a system that I'm migrating so that they can be there for tomorrow morning's training.
07:41 eythian nearly there.
07:42 cait :)
07:46 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:46 gaetan_B hello
08:02 cait Remember: today is UTF-8 GBSD
08:02 cait everyone testing and weihging in on bug 11944 welcome!
08:02 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11944 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Cleanup Koha UTF-8
08:03 eythian wahanui: latin-1 is enough for everybody
08:03 wahanui ...but latin-1 is default mysql....
08:03 cait wiki:[…]F8_in_development
08:03 cait eythian: don't make me grumpier! :)
08:03 eythian :D
08:12 Joubu Yes, not sure to understand why we absolutely want to use utf-8, there is no proof that it's a good encoding...
08:14 eythian should use Big-5 instead.
08:16 * eythian &
09:05 gerundio joined #koha
09:24 fridolin joined #koha
09:24 fridolin hie all
09:30 ztajoli joined #koha
09:44 cait hi ztajoli
09:44 cait ready to test? :)
09:44 cait gmcharlt: ping
09:45 cait ashimema: ping
09:52 gerundio good morning
09:52 gerundio jcamins, is the script at /usr/share/koha/bin an alternative to koha-auth or should I ignore it?
09:58 dpavlin joined #koha
10:00 dpavlin how can I help to move Bug 11944 along? Especially, how can I sign-off it? Attaching SO patches to bugzilla?
10:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11944 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Cleanup Koha UTF-8
10:06 cait hi dpavlin :)
10:06 cait dpavlin: i think there is an unresolved issue with facets, but Joubu will know more
10:06 cait ping Joubu
10:06 cait nice to see you :)
10:07 cait i updated the wiki page a bit:[…]F8_in_development
10:07 cait i think the issue is described in the comments from paola on the bug
10:08 Joubu cait: I don't know more, but yes, resort and facets seem still broken
10:08 Joubu and I don't know how to correctl yfix the issue
10:09 dpavlin OK, I will try to work on it...
10:11 Joubu dpavlin: IMO if we fix this issue, nothing could block the push :)
10:12 Joubu ( dpavlin, it's great to see you here! )
10:13 dpavlin I don't quite understand facet problems: for me links works, but result page from facet has broken encoding
10:13 dpavlin is this manifestation of problem or am I missing something?
10:14 Joubu dpavlin: I don't remember exactly. What I remember is: launch a search, click on 2,3 facets, click on [X] to remove a facet, resort, play with facet again
10:14 Joubu something is broken in this workflow
10:16 cait i think any broken encoding that shows up today should be fixed - so if the result page for you is broken, need ti fix that too :)
10:16 Joubu it's caused by uri_escape in C4::Search and the use of TT filtrer (template level) and uri_escape in pl script ( /
10:16 Joubu something is wrong in the combinaison of all these stuffs
10:43 ztajoli hi, i'm here
10:48 ztajoli The two sandboxes 6 and 16 are updated to last code ?
10:49 Joubu ztajoli: not really,
10:49 Joubu commit abd6de7da1f5c33694fc4a29a4e7f7f6aa2c222e
10:49 Joubu Author: Tomas Cohen Arazi <>
10:49 Joubu Date:   Mon Jul 14 16:29:38 2014 -0300
10:49 Joubu Bug 10519: (followup) unit tests leave problematic cruft
10:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10519 major, P3, ---, abl, Pushed to Master , Suggestions: 'Organize by' and correct display of tab descriptions broken
10:49 Joubu + 11944
10:50 Joubu to test 11944, you can consider it's master
10:54 cait dpavlin++ thx!
11:14 jcamins gerundio: is a script for linking bibs to authorities. I don't know exactly what koha-auth does, so I can't comment on whether you can use link_bibs_to_authorities instead.
11:45 francharb joined #koha
11:46 meliss joined #koha
12:01 jwagner joined #koha
12:07 khall mornin all!
12:07 khall I just filed bug 12632
12:07 khall I'm looking for input, I've proposed 4 different solutions to the issue
12:08 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12632 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, NEW , Hold limits ignored for record level holds with item level itemtypes
12:08 oleonard joined #koha
12:09 oleonard Hi everyone
12:13 cait you are alive!
12:13 cait oleonard: we missed you
12:13 cait oleonard: tcohen wanted to send a search party
12:13 oleonard Thanks :)
12:14 khall cait: oleonard: Joubu: I would appriciate your input on bug 12632 if you have a minute to read it.
12:14 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12632 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, NEW , Hold limits ignored for record level holds with item level itemtypes
12:14 cait khall: bit pressured on time today, not sure when i will get to it
12:15 cait and it's holds...
12:15 cait *sigh*
12:15 cait that needs a working brain
12:15 khall cait: this is only a bug report, I've come up with 4 ways to fix it and I need help choosing the right one
12:16 cait could you nudge me again after the first dev meeting?
12:16 khall ; )
12:16 khall will do!
12:23 oleonard khall: If  item-level_itypes is on why would you need another system pref for hold rules?
12:26 khall oleonard: that is the worst solution I came up with
12:26 oleonard :D
12:27 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:27 khall I think solution 4 may be the best one, or solution 2 which is simpler to implement ( but assumes biblio level itemtypes are set )
12:28 oleonard Today is dev meetings and GBSD?
12:29 cait yes
12:34 ztajoli I start to test on sandbox. Patron module is OK
12:34 ztajoli for bug 11944
12:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11944 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Cleanup Koha UTF-8
12:37 oleonard Is there a general testing strategy to follow?
12:39 cait oleonard: i think so far not - i had hoped for some notes on the wiki
12:39 cait there have also been comments on the bug - and some on the wiki for known issues
12:40 cait ztajoli: maybe add some notes where /what you tested on the wiki? than owen could take on something else
12:40 cait oleonard: also verifying it fixes the bugs linked to it could be nice maybe
12:46 tcohen joined #koha
12:46 tcohen morning!
12:46 wahanui morning is a state of cat
12:46 ztajoli Added on wiki
12:59 tcohen is it GBSD already ? :-D
13:04 ztajoli I hope, for me yes
13:06 ztajoli bug 10180 resolved by 11944
13:06 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10180 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , [master] Diacritics in Z39.50 search results in acquisitions are broken
13:09 ztajoli dpavlin: do I need to test situation about resort and facets ?
13:13 dpavlin ztajoli: I just managed to re-create it using query string which has utf-8 in it
13:22 gerundio jcamins, one of the features of koha-auth is to link bibs to authorities too
13:23 gerundio I tried running but I got 0 biblio records updated
13:24 rhcl @seen coffee
13:24 huginn rhcl: coffee was last seen in #koha 41 weeks, 6 days, 16 hours, 13 minutes, and 1 second ago: <coffee> anyone aware of any Koreans planning to attend KC13?
13:28 kmlussier joined #koha
13:31 gerundio jcamins, are you familiar with the and the lib/C4/ (sub LinkBibHeadingsToAuthorities in particular) code?
13:33 tcohen gmcharlt: around?
13:33 tcohen hmm, its early still
13:33 jcamins gerundio: somewhat, but I can't do any sort of in-depth debugging. I need to work on projects that pay bills.
13:34 gerundio of course jcamins, I appreciate all the help you already gave me on this topic
13:35 ztajoli Authorized valuses: OK
13:36 ztajoli on bug 11944
13:36 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11944 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Cleanup Koha UTF-8
13:38 dpavlin ztajoli++
13:44 carmenh joined #koha
13:47 cait left #koha
13:47 ztajoli Find a problem on bug 11944
13:47 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11944 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Cleanup Koha UTF-8
13:47 ztajoli[…]s/
13:49 Joubu ztajoli: what is it?
13:49 ztajoli try to use 'patron list: test중tt'
13:49 ztajoli you see the error:
13:50 Joubu ztajoli: ok seen
13:50 ztajoli an't call method "authorised_value_category" on an undefined value at /home/koha/src/tools/ line 108.
13:54 Joubu ztajoli:[…]?patron_list_id=2
13:54 Joubu what is this character ?
13:55 ztajoli A korean char (hangul)
13:57 ztajoli Hangeul is the name
13:58 ztajoli
14:01 carmenh left #koha
14:01 tubaclarinet joined #koha
14:05 tcohen hi guys, do you have a summary of what you found so far?
14:05 tcohen Joubu: how can we provide followups if needed?
14:06 oleonard Should new bugs be filed if we find problems?
14:06 rhcl 중 is a syllable consisting of three korean letters
14:09 tcohen Joubu: search results are expected to be broken, right?
14:12 tcohen Joubu: can you rebase biblibre/ft/bug_11944 into master?
14:14 Joubu tcohen: you can add a followup on the bug report, I will integrate it into the ft branch
14:15 Joubu tcohen: what kind of patch do you have?
14:15 tcohen not just yet
14:16 Joubu dpavlin are working on the search issues. The search is working, but some links (the "More" facets for instance, or the resort) are broken
14:16 oleonard Joubu: Should we file separate bugs if we find problems or add comments to 11944?
14:17 Joubu oleonard: depending on what you found. If it is blocked, it should be added to 11944. Otherwise another report could be great
14:18 cait joined #koha
14:20 gaetan_B bye!
14:21 Joubu ztajoli: what you described come from the fact you use 'λλλ' as patron category code.
14:22 oleonard If I find a UTF-related bug which exists both in master and biblibre/ft/bug_11944 should it be filed as a bug which blocks 11944?
14:22 Joubu ztajoli: C4::Members::AttributeTypes​::GetAttributeTypes_hashref should be rewrite. Could you please open another bug please?
14:22 Joubu oleonard: maybe in the "see also"?
14:22 oleonard Okay
14:24 ColinC joined #koha
14:27 ztajoli Ok, I open an other bug
14:29 ashimema tcohen.. got a minute?
14:30 tcohen yes
14:30 tcohen Joubu: why do we need SetUTF8Flag($marc_record); in getRecords(); ?
14:31 tcohen removing it didn't change the results
14:31 tcohen (search results are working fine for me now, it was a problem in the record)
14:33 Joubu It fixed a problem on facets and/or resort. But certainly not on the best way
14:37 tcohen new_from_zebra uses new_from_xml('UTF-8', ...
14:37 tcohen so i'm not sure it helps
14:37 tcohen but there might be a bug in MARC::File::XML of course
14:40 Joubu ztajoli: what is the bug report you opened?
14:41 Joubu ztajoli: I don't reproduce your issue on my local instance. It's quite weird.
14:42 ztajoli yes, 12638
14:43 ztajoli the link[…]_bug.cgi?id=12638
14:43 huginn Bug 12638: minor, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , UTF-8 support; C4::Members::AttributeTypes​::GetAttributeTypes_hashref should be rewrite
14:43 Joubu ztajoli: thanks
14:43 cait dev meeting in 17 mins
14:43 ztajoli it is present on biblibre sandbox n. 6
14:45 ashimema will be back shorlty after the dev meeting starts..
14:45 ashimema appologies if i'm late in other words ;)
14:46 cait someone with a public twitter account around to send a reminder?
14:46 Joubu ztajoli: yes, I have seen it, but I created exactly the same patron attr types on my local machine and the modborrower script works...
14:47 cait Joubu: i think galen had suggested to change something about the defaults in the db, could that make a difference?
14:47 trendynick joined #koha
14:48 Joubu cait: ha !
14:53 tubaclarinet left #koha
14:54 tubaclarinet joined #koha
14:55 Joubu cait: It is a good lead, but I don't know if it is possible to change the charset on existing DB
14:55 tubaclarinet left #koha
14:55 Joubu mysql> ALTER TABLE borrower_attribute_types CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
14:55 Joubu ERROR 1025 (HY000): Error on rename of './test6/#sql-501e_bbc34b' to './test6/borrower_attribute_types' (errno: 150)
14:55 Joubu does not seem to work :-/
14:56 gmcharlt @quote random
14:56 huginn gmcharlt: Quote #278: "jcamins: ... OMGOMGOMG MUST FIX ALL THE THINGS." (added by mtompset at 03:50 AM, September 17, 2013)
14:56 gmcharlt Joubu: it does work, but FK contraints have to be disabled first
14:57 gmcharlt otherwise you can't change the collation of a table that has FK constraints on it
14:57 Joubu gmcharlt: ok
15:00 cait ok
15:00 cait meeting time
15:00 wahanui it has been said that meeting time is always going to favour one section of the globe
15:00 tgoat joined #koha
15:00 cait #startmeeting Koha IRC Developer meeting, July 23rd, part 1
15:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Jul 23 15:00:27 2014 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
15:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Koha IRC Developer meeting, July 23rd, part 1)
15:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'koha_irc_developer_meeting__july_23rd__part_1'
15:00 cait #topic Introductions
15:00 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
15:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Koha IRC Developer meeting, July 23rd, part 1)
15:00 cait please introduce yourself with #info
15:01 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries
15:01 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
15:01 ztajoli #info Zeno Tajoli, CINECA (Italy)
15:01 bag #info Brendan Gallagher, ByWater
15:01 khall #info Kyle Hall, ByWater
15:01 ColinC #info Colin Campbell ptfs-europe (UK)
15:01 barton #info Barton Chittenden, ByWater
15:01 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart, BibLibre
15:01 jwagner #info Jane Wagner, LibLime/PTFS
15:01 abl joined #koha
15:02 cait tcohen won't make it to this meeting, but he has told me what he wanted to say :)
15:02 gmcharlt #info Galen Charlton, ESI
15:02 cait so i will try to relay it all correctly
15:03 cait #link[…]ing,_23_July_2014
15:03 cait today's agenda
15:03 wahanui well, today's agenda is on the wiki
15:03 cait #topic RM 3.18 comments
15:03 Topic for #koha is now RM 3.18 comments (Meeting topic: Koha IRC Developer meeting, July 23rd, part 1)
15:04 cait tcohen wants to make t/db_dependent/Search.t run for UNIMARC and needs some help on the default mappings for UNIMARC
15:04 cait and also records that match the specifics of the MARC21 counterpart records
15:04 cait see t/db_dependent/data/marc21/​zebraexport/large_biblio_*
15:04 Joubu I should work on bug 11586 (improve framework and mapping for UNIMARC)
15:04 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11586 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , Better default framework for UNIMARC
15:05 Joubu but... I don't know when
15:05 cait #info Make tests pass for UNIMARC - needed: help with mappings and test records
15:05 cait time is a problem for us all i guess
15:05 cait i will add as info
15:05 reiveune left #koha
15:05 cait #info Work on bug 11586 could help
15:05 cait hope that made sense
15:06 barton made sense to me, cait.
15:06 cait ok, moving on?
15:06 cait #topic Additions to Coding Guidelines
15:06 Topic for #koha is now Additions to Coding Guidelines (Meeting topic: Koha IRC Developer meeting, July 23rd, part 1)
15:06 cait i think people have noticed... i like deprecating things. Today's victim is GRS-1 in favor of DOM indexing
15:07 cait i have an RM comment on this:
15:08 cait if we can agree to deprecate it, next steps would be adding it to the coding guidelines, filing an omnibus bug and linking everything missing from DOM and remaining problems with DOM to it
15:08 cait so we can trace what needs to be done to completely remove it
15:08 barton +1
15:08 cait i paraphrased it, i hope he will agree later :)
15:08 cait ok, can we get a quick vote?
15:09 cait Do we want to move forward officially deprecating GRS-1 with the first steps listed above?
15:09 Joubu for 3.18?
15:09 cait i am not sure if we can achieve that totally, but we could enforce dom in a coding guidelines as a first step i think - we don't have one about indexing so far
15:10 cait a coding guideline that says you have to provide a dom patch that is
15:10 cait i don't have something on the timeframe from tcohen, so not sure
15:10 cait maybe we can still have the vote on the general idea?
15:10 barton I like the idea.
15:10 ztajoli On the general idea,  +1
15:11 rhcl #info Greg Lawson
15:11 cait +1
15:11 khall +1
15:11 cait +1 for tcohen
15:11 barton +1
15:11 Joubu +1
15:11 ColinC I'm not sure that theres much grs specific code but on depreciating it +1
15:11 barton (don't know if that counts as voting twic ;-)
15:11 cait #info removing GRS-1 indexing in favor of DOM, first steps: coding guideline, omnibus bug for tracking what needs to be done (remaining issues, needed changes, etc.)
15:12 gmcharlt +1
15:12 cait #agreed move towards removing of GRS-1 in favor of DOM
15:13 cait can we also agree on having dom mandatory in patches for indexing?
15:13 cait i think we already do that, but it'smissing from the wiki page
15:14 Joubu Isn't it already mandatory?
15:14 cait opinions?
15:14 wahanui opinions are slightly divded :)
15:14 cait Joubu: that#s what i think but we haven't written it down
15:14 ztajoli I'm agree on dom mandatory
15:14 Joubu It makes sense to add it to the wiki
15:14 cait i can't find anything about dom or indexing in the coding guidelines
15:14 ztajoli if you want do a aptch on grs-1, but with the same feature/fix on dom
15:15 ztajoli s/aptch/patch/
15:15 ColinC wondering when anyone last saw a grs-1 specific patch
15:15 cait I volunteered gmcharlt to think up the coding guideline text for me
15:15 cait ColinC: not so far ago actually
15:16 cait well, mostly dom and grs1 now, but still changes to the indexes happen
15:16 cait i know we had some additions for 3.16
15:16 barton I wonder if we could deprecate make_zebra_dom_cfg_from_record_abs -- if DOM is standard, we should be making changes to the DOM config files, then proting back to GRS-1 if necessary.
15:16 ColinC obviously I'm not looking at the right patches
15:16 ColinC it would remove future confusion
15:17 barton s/proting/porting/
15:17 dpavlin #info Dobrica Pavlinusic, FFZG
15:17 cait we could say only adding to dom yes
15:17 gmcharlt proposed wording:
15:18 ztajoli For me is ok, +1
15:18 cait +1 from me, reads well
15:18 barton +1
15:18 khall +1
15:18 ColinC +1
15:19 cait #info proposed wording for new coding guideline:
15:19 Joubu +1
15:19 Joubu (if that does not break Koha ft)
15:20 cait #agreed coding guideline about deprecating GRS-1 in favor of DOM, wording suggested by gmcharlt
15:20 cait anything to add about indexing?
15:20 barton Can we get rid of the record.abs line numbers in biblio-koha-indexdefs.xml as well?
15:21 abl #info Jacek Ablewicz, Cracow Univ. of Technology
15:21 cait about the script make_zebra_dom_cfg_from_record_abs - you are already supposed not to use it :)
15:21 cait hi abl :)
15:21 cait ithink that could be a bug on moving forward to deprecating it
15:21 cait if record.abs goes, the references wouldn't make much sense any mroe i guess
15:22 cait the next topic is a tricky one...
15:22 cait Indenting in templates
15:22 cait indentation in templates?
15:22 cait whatever sounds better to you :)
15:22 khall cait: that makes sense
15:22 cait there is some discussion between 2 or 4
15:22 cait spaces
15:22 cait no tabs!
15:22 ztajoli well make_zebra_dom_cfg_from_record_abs is a script to migrate from grs-1 to dom, so it ie same of the last thing to do
15:22 khall we need a tidy script for TT, but every time I try to write one I give up
15:23 cait ztajoli: i think it was only used for initial move, shouldn't be used now as the file generated is different to the one we have (that's how i understand it at east)
15:23 cait oleonard: maybe you can explain?
15:23 ColinC we need to encourage folk to use those new-fangled newline things too
15:24 oleonard To my knowledge 4 spaces has always been a de-facto standard in the templates
15:24 oleonard I assumed that since the standard for Perl scripts was 4 that it would be so for templates as well
15:24 khall oleonard: I would agree
15:24 fridolin i at biblibre have started to work with DOM
15:24 cait #info coding guideline about indentation i perl scripts[…]ERL6:_Indentation
15:25 fridolin first for our MARC21 clients
15:25 fridolin we will soon start for a unimarc one, lyon3
15:25 cait the other 'side' has argued that the templates have lots of indentation, os 4 is too many and 2 would be better
15:26 Joubu I just have a request: don't fail qa on patches already submited
15:26 khall that is a valid point, the templates need far more indentation levels than most perl scripts
15:26 cait my understanding is that we have a mix now, with the bootstrap templates all using 4
15:26 cait Joubu: i think that's reasonable :)
15:26 Joubu I think I can find 10 indentation levels in some templates
15:26 Joubu 10*4 ...
15:26 * gmcharlt tosses out an idea
15:27 gmcharlt a PostgreSQL-style reindentation at the beginning of each release cycle
15:27 Joubu I have a wide screen I don't care :)
15:27 * gmcharlt also has a wide screen :)
15:27 cait ok, i think i need help to get the joke :)
15:27 * khall must need a smaller font
15:27 gmcharlt the idea is that we'd write an automatic tool that can pretty up the indentation
15:27 gmcharlt and apply it at at each erlease cycle
15:28 barton gmcharlt -- there isn't a code beautifier for tt, unfortunately.
15:28 Joubu gmcharlt: it will be very bad for patches waiting in the queue...
15:28 gmcharlt but in between, *not* sweat changes, except in cases where a patch may need to be tossed back because it is unreadable due to bad indentation
15:28 khall gmcharlt: I think the same thing should be done with perltidy on the scripts, but when Paul wanted to do it, it was voted down.
15:28 gmcharlt well, to be clear
15:28 ColinC Sometimes its harders to decide how to indent in html than code
15:28 gmcharlt my proposal is offerred as a compromise
15:28 gmcharlt my actual preference is that we /not/ do global reindentation
15:29 khall gmcharlt: don't we need an automatic reindenter first?
15:29 oleonard I think the last time we talked about a mass Tidy of Perl scripts we didn't have/weren't aware of git's options for ignoring whitespace in diffs and blames
15:29 gmcharlt as I prefer that we don't do anything that makes it more difficult to integrate patches
15:29 cait agreed
15:29 * khall has tidied some scripts just to read them
15:29 cait i think i can live with both - as long as it's consistent
15:29 gmcharlt khall: yep, my proposal woudl require that we write one, but we wouldn't need it until the 3.20 cycle begins
15:30 cait and there is indentation
15:30 gmcharlt and it would also be incumbent on somebody to really cares to write it
15:30 khall I'm for it
15:31 cait ok, please add ideas as #infos
15:31 ColinC We also need to be explicit about what we want it to do
15:31 oleonard Do the people who want 2-space indentation in templates want to change the standard for Perl scripts as well?
15:31 cait i think probems with git will arise when it changes lines, not just the white space
15:31 cait so i would only want it to change whitespace
15:31 oleonard If not, does it really make sense to have two standards?
15:32 ColinC I have different standards for apples and oranges
15:32 khall I think two space indents for code is perfectly acceptable
15:32 cait hm not sure we can reach a conclusion really
15:32 cait i like 4 :)
15:33 cait can we get a quick vote on preferences on this? something like 2/4/-/both?
15:33 khall it would be nice if there was a way to know which files are affected by all the patches in process on bugzilla, that way we could perltidy any files that aren't affected on a periodic basis
15:33 gmcharlt khall: Joubu put something together that does exactly that
15:34 barton The trick with indentation in tt files is that the indentation of the template can fight with the indentation of the html around it.
15:34 khall gmcharlt: thanks for letting me know!
15:34 cait khall: bz_splitter
15:35 ashimema I tidy tt files locally when I'm eiditing them.
15:35 oleonard barton: I don't think that matters unless you care about the indentation of the HTML which is sent to the browser (which I don't think we do?)
15:35 jcamins Something to consider: if there are two different indenting standards, the people proposing that should probably take the time to write configuration instructions for making that work in commonly-used editors. Otherwise, it just sounds like a barrier to entry for non-expert-level ${TEXT_EDITOR} users.
15:35 khall cait: thanks!
15:35 ashimema I run the file through a parser to strip out the tt bits.. html tidy them.. then put the tt bits back.
15:35 cait hm not getting the URL right right now
15:35 ashimema it works reasonably well
15:35 Joubu khall:
15:35 cait i guess one question is: is it worth the trouble?
15:35 gmcharlt
15:35 cait ah thx
15:35 gmcharlt cait: IMO, it is not worth the trouble
15:35 khall we should have a standard perltidy config, and maybe a vimrc?
15:36 cait #link 6ocS88DLK6u7vtw9
15:36 cait eek
15:36 cait #link
15:36 cait and... just ignore that string.
15:36 fridolin cait it is greate
15:36 fridolin great :)
15:37 fridolin i use it a lot to look if a bug is already reported
15:37 gmcharlt my view: if a whitespace problem prevents somebody from working on a patch, they are free to tidy it (in a separate patch)
15:37 khall I feel like we should automate this, so we a server somewhere they nightly tidys any tt and perl files that aren't currently affected by patches, and the patch is sent to the rm
15:37 fridolin cait: click on Files and enter a text in Search
15:37 cait fridolin: i have tried it - it's really nice, just forgot the link :)
15:37 gmcharlt but I am really hesitant to go along with putting much effort to do global changes
15:37 oleonard khall: We can't automate the process because we haven't settled on a standard yet ;)
15:38 fridolin cait: oh ok
15:38 cait ok, i think we need to postpone this
15:38 gmcharlt and I'm a definite -1 on a *daily* tidying
15:38 khall gmcharlt: that has given me problems in the past. If I tidy a section so it's undertandable, then patch the code, it all gets broken by new commits.
15:38 gmcharlt if we do anything automatic at all, I don't think it should be more frequently than once a release cycle
15:38 cait my personal opinion is - 2 or 4, but consistent for a block of code at least, and spend the time on something like removing SQLHelper or GRS1 :)
15:38 khall tidying afterward is not as useful, because I neeed to tidy the code to make it readable
15:38 ashimema I'de love to see a mass tidy to start with..
15:39 ashimema but not a nightly tidy after that..
15:39 khall gmcharlt: if we tidy on a nightly basis, it keeps patches from having merge conflicts, if we only do it every 6 months, then every 6 months we'll have many patches that no longer apply
15:39 phasefx2 attempting mass reindentation caused pain with evergreen, fwiw
15:40 ashimema I'de say a tidy should be done before a merge into master for all patches.. jsut my two pence
15:40 cait #idea automated tidy at begin/end of release cycle
15:40 ColinC I think I've seen an emacs mode that tudies the code every time you save it eeek
15:40 cait #idea don't spend time on it :)
15:40 cait #idea nightly tidy
15:40 gmcharlt khall: which I'd actually interpret as an argument not to do periodic tidying at all :)
15:41 cait #idea no periodic tidying at all
15:41 cait ok, I think we need to continue that another time
15:41 khall I don't ; )
15:41 khall I think it's something that we have to suffer through to have better code in the end
15:42 Joubu I have a shortcut in my vimrc, I select lines and perltidy them
15:42 khall How about this, if we do a pre-release tidy, then require all patches submitted to be tidied.
15:42 Joubu it's very useful for new code/block of code
15:42 ColinC As history would disappear would it be Koha 4.1?
15:42 khall that is, any file affected by a patch must be tided with a followup.
15:43 cait I tihnk we need to move this to the mailing list - please add #idea now if you want to add something
15:43 * gmcharlt has yet to see an RFP for an ILS that specified tidy whitespace as an evaulation criteria; IMO, effort is better directed at architectural issues and features, relegating whitespace to local improvements
15:43 cait I agree
15:43 gmcharlt but yes, cait is right that we should move disucssion to ML
15:43 cait thx ;)
15:43 cait #topic DBIC
15:43 Topic for #koha is now DBIC (Meeting topic: Koha IRC Developer meeting, July 23rd, part 1)
15:43 slef #info MJ Ray,, England
15:44 khall The idea is to make Koha easier to work on for developers, not for users.
15:44 cait i'd like to suggest that we postpone some of the topics to the next meeting as we are running late already
15:44 cait khall: that sounds bckwards...
15:44 khall just because it doesn't make Koha more interesting to end users doesn't mean we shouldn't do it
15:44 cait dbic is an important topic, but it needs some time i think - would people agree to postpone it?
15:44 gmcharlt +1
15:44 khall I'm saying it's easier to read and modify tidied perl code
15:45 cait khall: dbic? :)
15:45 Joubu what is the topic exactly ?
15:45 khall dbic++ As part of the process of moving toward dbic, I have submitted a couple patches to dbic-ify existing perl modules
15:45 Joubu all things/questions around DIBC?
15:45 Joubu DBIC
15:46 cait if you want to discuss now it's ok, the nextmeeting would be in 2 weeks as suggestd by tcohen
15:46 cait but then we need to move something else to next i think
15:46 gmcharlt I suggest that we defer
15:46 khall that's fine by me.
15:46 cait i think if there are questions and kyle is around later
15:47 ztajoli From me no
15:47 cait we can still talk some about it afte the general meeting
15:47 cait #topic Bugs
15:47 Topic for #koha is now Bugs (Meeting topic: Koha IRC Developer meeting, July 23rd, part 1)
15:47 khall[…]_bug.cgi?id=12608
15:47 huginn Bug 12608: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, BLOCKED , Replace use of DBI with DBIx::Class throughout Koha
15:47 cait i will pull up bugs first, and we will see
15:47 cait today has been the GBSD for the UTF-8 patch
15:47 cait Joubu: can we get a quick summary?
15:47 Joubu whaou, we skipped DBIC, that's it, seriously?
15:48 cait Joubu: i move it to later
15:48 Joubu so, bug 11944 has been tested today by some guys
15:48 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11944 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Cleanup Koha UTF-8
15:48 Joubu nothing to add
15:48 Joubu some bugs have been found, an bug reports opened
15:48 cait Joubu: any progresson the remaining issues?
15:48 Joubu as what I have seen, it's just small/specific issues
15:49 Joubu dpavlin was working on the search issues
15:49 Joubu dpavlin: ?
15:49 oleonard Any testing advice besides "type weird characters into everything?"
15:49 Joubu he has a patch, but it does not fix everything, we need a TT filter uri_escape_utf8, which does not exist (does not provide by TT)
15:50 cait oh
15:50 Joubu oleonard: no, use all sort of characters everywhere into Koha and verify they displays correctly
15:50 Joubu I think it's a good test plan
15:51 cait ok
15:51 Joubu What about testers? ztajoli?
15:51 dpavlin I'm about to submit two patches (and sign-off rest of them) which hopefully fix remaining issues
15:51 Joubu dpavlin: all remaining issues ? :)
15:51 khall idea: have a koha server everyone can log into and create records/patrons/what-have-you using diacritics from his or her language. That test db can be dumped and loaded by qa testers.
15:51 dpavlin all known issues :-)
15:51 ztajoli After meeting I will test all ACQ and Serial fro 11944
15:52 Joubu dpavlin++
15:52 dpavlin there is search history bug documented at wiki, but I don't see it
15:53 ztajoli From monday 28/07 Paola Rossi restart to test bug 11944
15:53 cait khall: i think we could dump the sandboxes maybe after testing is finished
15:53 cait but not sure how helpful
15:53 Joubu no, the sandboxes DB don't seem to be good. Facets don't work...
15:54 khall cait: I was thinking of something more long term and continuous
15:54 cait Joubu: Do you want to say something about Testbuilder?
15:54 Joubu yes, a lot
15:54 Joubu Yohann submitted a lot of patches this week.
15:54 khall Yohann++
15:54 Joubu He has 2 'front lines': 1 to replace SQLHerlper with DBIC, another one  to simply the write of UT (See email on the ML "TestBuilder", or entry  point on bz is bug 12603).
15:54 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12603 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, yohann.dufour, Needs Signoff , TestBuilder - Module to simplify the writing of tests
15:55 Joubu He really needs feedback to continue. He did not want to write and  rewrite UT if the general idea is not approved by the community.
15:55 Joubu It would be great if some UT gurus could take a look at his work.
15:55 Joubu Reminder: it is just a 3-months intership, only 1 remaining..
15:55 Joubu that's all :)
15:56 cait #info Yohann is working on replacing SQLHelper with DBIC and simplifying unit test writing
15:56 cait #link Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12603
15:56 huginn Bug 12603: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, yohann.dufour, Needs Signoff , TestBuilder - Module to simplify the writing of tests
15:56 * khall puts that on the todo list
15:56 Joubu the entry point for sqlhelper is bug 11385
15:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11385 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, yohann.dufour, ASSIGNED , C4::SQLHelper should be removed
15:56 cait info[…]_bug.cgi?id=11385
15:56 huginn Bug 11385: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, yohann.dufour, ASSIGNED , C4::SQLHelper should be removed
15:56 Joubu 4 bugs need SO
15:57 cait next one is a discussion on lot item handling
15:57 cait the bug is bug 9805
15:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9805 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, In Discussion , Lost items are un-lost if returned, but not if renewed.
15:57 cait tcohen suggests that we change it to allow/disallow reneal of lost items as an option on the circulation conditions page (not necessarily the big table, but a by branch setting on that page)
15:58 cait currently it is about resetting the lost satus (finding he item) when you renew
15:59 cait in my opionion it makes sense to not allow renewal of lost items in the first place, but i am not totally sure how it would impact workflows
15:59 khall that would be a fine solution by me.
15:59 oleonard I would think we would need to both allow/disallow renewal of lost item *and* have a preference about whether the status should be removed upon renewal.
15:59 oleonard However I don't speak based on my library's policy, just in the abstract.
15:59 cait i am a bit worried if a patron canremove the lost status by renewing in the opac
16:00 cait that would be confusing about the replacement fee already charged
16:00 barton good point, cait.
16:00 ColinC Or if you allow phone renewals ...
16:00 khall agreed, it's better to block the renewing of lost items altogether
16:01 cait maybe people here can update the bug with opinions/ideas?
16:02 cait ok, quiet
16:02 cait moving on :)
16:02 cait #topic New status/field for bugzilla - abandoned/for adoption
16:02 Topic for #koha is now New status/field for bugzilla - abandoned/for adoption (Meeting topic: Koha IRC Developer meeting, July 23rd, part 1)
16:02 cait it was an idea for bugs - to make it really clear that someone doesn't intend to continue work on something
16:03 cait we have a lot of things in doesn't apply, in discussion, etc. this might apply to
16:03 cait there are patches, but the work won't be continued
16:03 oleonard This would be an additional field, or another value on an existing one?
16:03 cait maybe a comment could suffice? but a field would be searchable
16:03 Joubu In this case, you just have to remove your name from the "asssignee" field, no?
16:03 cait i am not sure what makes most sense
16:04 cait Joubu: in theory yes... but people often forget to assign bugs to them too
16:04 oleonard I agree with Joubu. Un-assign yourself and set the status to NEW?
16:04 cait maybe we just need to enforce thismore :) it's an idea i wanted to put out there to see what people htink
16:04 gmcharlt that may be something to periodically do batch updates?
16:04 gmcharlt i.e., if X months have passed since the last action on a bug, reset the status
16:04 cait i amnot sure how safely we can do that - and if people might be unhappy by it
16:05 khall sounds good to me, I always assign bugs to myself if I plan to work on them.
16:05 fridolin see u
16:05 cait ok, quick preference vote? separate field/status (s) or use assigned (a)? :)
16:05 fridolin left #koha
16:05 cait - for me
16:06 oleonard a
16:06 cait s from tcohen
16:06 gmcharlt -1 to separate status/field
16:06 * khall is sure he has a number of "doesn't apply" patches that can be closed out at this point.
16:06 ztajoli use assigned for me +1
16:06 Joubu no opinion
16:06 khall use assigned for me +1
16:07 khall can we automate an email to the assignee that would warn of the impending status change?
16:07 cait #agreed encourage use of the assigned field - no assignee = open for adoption
16:07 cait hope i got that right?
16:07 oleonard Sounds correct to me
16:07 cait #idea automate 'unassigning' in some way, batch change, warning email or similar
16:07 cait #topic Big stuff we are working on
16:07 Topic for #koha is now Big stuff we are working on (Meeting topic: Koha IRC Developer meeting, July 23rd, part 1)
16:08 cait one of my favs :)
16:08 Joubu I sent an email for the VAT RFC, will be on it at the end of August, please have a look BEFORE
16:09 cait #info spec for GST/tax rewrite in acq:[…]i/GST_Rewrite_RFC
16:09 cait #info Please add comments before end of August!
16:09 cait Joubu: was the deadline in the email? might be good
16:10 Joubu Usually, when I asked for feedbacks, I am waiting for quick feedback :)
16:10 Joubu -ed
16:10 cait people often get moving when you give them a date, in my experience
16:10 cait :)
16:10 Joubu cait: I will sent a reminder later ;)
16:11 cait i still have to look through it actually, the math scaredme off a bit, but will try again :)
16:11 cait ok, khall?
16:11 wahanui it has been said that khall is now travelling home dpk
16:11 cait someone else?
16:11 wahanui i guess someone else is going to have to look at acquisitions
16:11 gmcharlt wahanui: forget khall
16:11 wahanui gmcharlt: I forgot khall
16:11 ColinC I'm going to release my Edifact ordering branch, it going out to a number of sites so they'll be testing
16:11 gmcharlt wahanui: forget someone else
16:11 wahanui gmcharlt: I forgot someone else
16:11 cait ColinC++
16:11 gmcharlt ColinC++
16:12 khall ColinC++
16:12 cait I am going to test Shibboleth patches with ashimemas help
16:12 cait hopefully it will work :)
16:12 * khall is really looking forward to seeing the Edifact code
16:12 cait i had added the accounts hope is, that after we have settled the utf-8 patches, maybe we can have another gbsd on that
16:13 khall that would be great!
16:13 Joubu (TestBuilder is a 'big stuff' Yohann is working on)
16:13 cait I am volunteering to start a wiki page to gather workflows/current functionality for testing
16:13 cait Joubu: yep, and also the SQLHelper removal
16:14 khall I can tell you we have a number of libraries using the code in production, so it's pretty bullet-proof at this point, the biggest issue is likely to be internationalization ( i.e. diacritics )
16:14 cait but probably will take me 1-2 more weeks to do it
16:14 Joubu cait: yes, but the TestBuilder is blocker for him
16:14 cait Joubu: so better test thos epatches first?
16:14 Joubu yep
16:15 khall I think the current accounting system is holding back many libraries who would otherwise be potential Koha adopters
16:15 cait #info Please test TestBuilder patches/give feedback on them first - bit higher prio then SQLHelper for now
16:16 cait ok, looking for actions from last meeting
16:16 cait #Action from last meeting
16:16 cait tcohen will ask on the mailing list if someone still uses misc/cronjobs/rss/ - has been done
16:17 cait not sure about the outcome
16:17 tubaclarinet joined #koha
16:17 Joubu and ? The patch needs SO, we agree?
16:17 cait Joubu: I am not sure we agree - i think some peopel said it doesn't hurt someone so don't remove it
16:17 ashimema I think the outcome was that it shuld be updated to tt..
16:18 ashimema when someone finds a moment.
16:18 cait well that would be best obviously
16:18 Joubu so we can remove it and reintroduce it later?
16:18 Joubu :)
16:18 cait so, we can end the meeting now, or we can get back to dbic
16:18 ashimema certainly.. but finding the moment is hard.
16:18 Joubu Actually, I don't care
16:18 gmcharlt +1 to ending the meeting
16:18 khall one more thing, I need input on bug 12632
16:18 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12632 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, NEW , Hold limits ignored for record level holds with item level itemtypes
16:18 ashimema I wouldn't remove it.. I beleive a fair number of places are using it as is.. it does still work so long as you install the dependancy of html or
16:18 cait Joubu: i think people were worried about libraries using it not knowing how to bring back after an update - not sure f we remove it, if that would remove files changed locally too
16:18 khall if anyone is willing
16:19 ashimema I wouldn't remove it.. I beleive a fair number of places are using it as is.. it does still work so long as you install the dependancy of html pro
16:19 khall agreed
16:19 oleonard I would like anyone who objects to its removal to submit patches to update it.
16:19 cait i'd like to volunteer kyle to answer dbic questions after the meeting ;) and put it first on next times agenda
16:19 cait i think it doesn't hurt if it stays around
16:19 ColinC removing it may force someone to rewrite it
16:19 khall ; )
16:20 cait and the dependency has beenremoved
16:20 khall can do!
16:20 cait i think
16:20 ashimema it's in the queue oleanard.. but so far down it's not going to be reached for like a year on my list.
16:20 khall I volunteer to work on
16:20 ashimema no-one will pay us to update it whilst it still works
16:20 cait khall: wohoo :)
16:20 cait #action khall volunteers to work on
16:20 ashimema khall.. awesome.
16:20 cait #info khall also needs feedback on bug 12632
16:21 ashimema it should be 'reasonably' trivial I hope.. but was super low priority for me at the moment.
16:21 khall ashimema: that's what I'm hoping!
16:21 cait ok, tcohen proposed that we change to a 2 week cycle for th emeeitngs... and seeing the amount of topics and discussion i'd agree with that
16:21 cait until we run out of things to deprecate and discuss :)
16:21 khall lol
16:21 khall +2
16:21 ashimema +1
16:21 cait tat would make the 6th of August a candidate for next meeting
16:22 cait #Set time of next meeting
16:22 cait #topic Set time of next meeting
16:22 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Koha IRC Developer meeting, July 23rd, part 1)
16:22 cait does that work?
16:22 gmcharlt +1 to 6 August
16:22 ashimema I'll try to get my head around bug 12632 khall.. at least to comment on it
16:23 Joubu Note: I will be afk for 3 weeks from next Monday
16:23 tubaclarinet FYI: NAKUG is meeting Aug 6th-9th.
16:23 Joubu but +2 for the the 2 week cycle!
16:23 cait tubaclarinet: ah
16:24 cait what about 5th?
16:24 cait tuesday that is, before nakug?
16:24 tubaclarinet Maybe having fourty or so geeks 2gether in the same room during a dev mtg wud b a good thing?
16:25 cait tubaclarinet: i am not sure, i think it's also presentations - don't want to interfere with schedule
16:25 tubaclarinet cait: true.
16:25 cait gmcharlt: 5th ok too?
16:25 gmcharlt yep
16:25 cait #agreed Next meeting will be (pending agreement from part 2) August, 5th, 15:00 + 22:00 UTC
16:26 cait #endmeeting
16:26 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.16.1 is available! Next general meeting is 13 and 14 August 2014 at 22:00 and 15:00 UTC. Welcome to the IRC home of Koha Please use for pastes.
16:26 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jul 23 16:26:16 2014 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
16:26 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-07-23-15.00.html
16:26 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]4-07-23-15.00.txt
16:26 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]23-15.00.log.html
16:28 cait thx all for attending
16:29 gmcharlt cait++
16:29 abl joined #koha
16:30 abl left #koha
16:31 tubaclarinet left #koha
16:32 * oleonard grumble grumble spaces grumble
16:32 eternalsword not a developer, so didn't want to butt in during the meeting, but something to note regarding indentation in template files. There can be issues with whitespacing between inline-block elements. I typically minify html to resolve this. See[…]e-block-elements/
16:35 oleonard I assume we would deal with that on a case by case basis eternalsword
16:38 dpavlin bug 11944 ready
16:38 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11944 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Cleanup Koha UTF-8
16:38 eternalsword just putting it out there. It can lead to some weird display issues asside from the one mentioned at css-tricks that you wouldn't think, "Oh, whitespace." Shouldn't be a problem with the current layout, but something to consider.
16:44 ColinC left #koha
16:44 martian523 joined #koha
16:46 martian523 morning!  IT just helped me upgrade koha to 3.12 yesterday.  everything looks good until my copy cataloger found that the subfield c in 999 has repeated itself several times
16:46 martian523 is there a way to correct that?
16:56 cait hm that should not be from the update
16:57 cait i think there was a bug that it can happen on merging records
16:57 cait but the update won't change your data
16:57 cait which version did you udpate from? and why 3.12?
16:57 cait we also have 3.14 and 3.16 :)
16:57 cait 3.12 is already almost out of maintenance
16:58 martian523 o, because we haven't updated for a year or so, we tried 3.16, but didn't succeed
16:58 martian523 so we want to try little by little
16:58 martian523 we're testing on next upgrade to 3.14 now
16:58 martian523 then work up to 3.16
16:59 cait :)
16:59 martian523 anyway, thanks for your help. i guess i'll delete repeated fields manually.  thanks!
16:59 martian523 need to go meeting!
17:11 tcohen joined #koha
17:17 collum joined #koha
17:46 cait hm ok
17:47 cait can someone check if patron search in master works for them?
17:47 oleonard What kind of patron search?
17:48 oleonard A standard search by last name from works fine for me.
17:48 cait i addd a staff patron
17:48 cait and now the search won't do anything
17:48 cait and i am stuck with the added patron . in yellow
17:48 cait Added  patrons to .              even
17:49 cait hm chromium if that makes a difference
17:52 cait hm trying in firefox now
17:52 cait oleonard: actually it was firefox.. might just be a little late
17:52 cait not sure how to reproduce it :(
17:52 cait it's not going away for me - still the yellow message and no search results
17:53 cait oleonard: with the latest master it happens for me - always shows Added patrons to. and then can't search
17:53 oleonard added patron to what?
17:54 gerundio joined #koha
17:54 cait sorry
17:54 cait to koha
17:54 cait javascript console says
17:54 cait Added  patrons to .
17:54 cait hm not that
17:54 wahanui rumour has it not that is a probably - you'll just need to learn a few new techinques
17:54 cait Uncaught ReferenceError: filterByFirstLetterSurname is not defined
17:55 cait Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ,
17:56 cait "iDisplayLength": , syntax error
17:58 oleonard For a moment I seemed to be able to reproduce the problem, and now I can't
17:59 cait oleonard: werid
17:59 cait weird
17:59 cait oleonard: this is on a test server with mster, iw ill try on another
18:02 cait can't reproduce it there :(
18:16 oleonard Wide character in print at C4/ line 317
18:16 oleonard That sounds ominous
18:17 cait hm yes
18:17 cait are you testing with the new patchset dobrica uploaded?
18:18 oleonard No
18:18 oleonard Should I be?
18:18 cait i am not usre
18:18 cait i saw he uploaded a new patch
18:19 kohabeto joined #koha
18:19 cait 2 new patches i think
18:19 kohabeto how can i chat with users?
18:20 oleonard You're doing it now kohabeto
18:20 cait oleonard: doesn't look like his changes affect
18:20 kohabeto i mean with my users
18:20 cait there is no built in functionality for that in koha
18:20 kohabeto ok
18:20 cait you can use some existing web service maybe and add it to your opac
18:20 kohabeto no problem
18:21 kohabeto great
18:22 oleonard Are none of dpavlin's patches on 11944 part of the biblibre branch?
18:23 cait i think not yet maybe, haven't checked the branch hm
18:23 cait he uploaded during the meeting
18:23 cait but doesn't look like they woudl change something about
18:23 cait more opac search results
18:40 tcohen #koha: we currently patch GRS-1 related zebra stuff, and regenerate the DOM configuration
18:47 tcohen ^^^^^^ that was a mistake, we did use that script a couple of times for keeping them in sync, but we don't do that anymore
18:48 mtompset joined #koha
18:49 mtompset @later tell khall So bug 11887 is GPLv2? Your latest patch still has version 2 of the license.
18:49 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
18:49 mtompset tell khall_away So bug 11887 is GPLv2? Your latest patch still has version 2 of the license.
18:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11887 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Add script for collections agency reports
18:50 mtompset Greetings and Adieu. :)
18:50 * mtompset hopes he spelt correctly. :)
18:56 tcohen @later tell khall_away speaking of a provided vimrc file, what do u think of bug 12545? There's a vim plugin for instance (cross-editor)
18:56 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
19:13 ashimema is there corrently a bug in in master..?
19:13 ashimema I'm getting lots of
19:13 ashimema Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 408.
19:14 ashimema in the opac-error logs at the moment with a fresh checkout on master.
19:15 cait i am not aware of one
19:15 ashimema hi cait..
19:15 cait but... maybe there is
19:15 cait hey ashimema :)
19:15 ashimema well.. this is on you're shib server ;)
19:16 ashimema my dev server is in flux at the moment so I can't easily check there :9
19:16 ashimema :(
19:16 oleonard I get those errors too ashimema
19:17 cait i can check my local one too
19:17 cait just logging into opac and checking then?
19:17 ashimema anyone happen to spot when it crept in?
19:18 oleonard I get them when I check out 3.14.x too
19:18 ashimema I beleive that's what's breaking my shib patch cait.. the 'useshib' bit is never being reached due to the above error.
19:18 ashimema hmm.
19:18 cait hm we did change something
19:18 cait because there was a bug where you could get superlibraian rights
19:18 ashimema tha'ts less usefull.. maybe it's not that then :(
19:18 cait and that#s in 3.14 too
19:19 ashimema thanks for clarifying though oleanard.. think I need to investigate further
19:20 cait looking for the bug
19:21 oleonard ...and in 3.12.x :P
19:21 cait i filed it an dnow i can't find it
19:21 cait it was a security patch
19:21 cait i think it got backported
19:22 cait bug 12226
19:22 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12226 is not accessible.
19:24 cait that's the only change i can remember
19:25 ashimema i remember the bug..
19:25 ashimema hmm
19:27 ashimema nope.. not that patch.. error is still there even without it..
19:27 ashimema looks like it goes back a while..
19:27 ashimema red herring..
19:27 ashimema thanks for helping un-narrow it down though guys.. certainly helps.
19:28 cait sorry it was not helpful
19:28 cait you could do a git blame maybe?
19:30 cait hm
19:30 cait ashimema: i don't have errors
19:30 cait in my logs
19:30 cait only in templates
19:30 cait [Wed Jul 23 21:29:51.696899 2014] [cgi:error] [pid 4800] [client] AH01215: [Wed Jul 23 21:29:51 2014] Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /home/katrin/kohaclone/C4/ line 103., referer: http://localhost/cgi-bin/koha/
19:30 ashimema interesting..
19:30 wahanui interesting is probably sometimes good and sometimes bad
19:31 ashimema wonder if it's a syspref somewhere that catches it then.
19:34 pianohacker joined #koha
19:36 cait it could be
19:36 cait i can check what mine are
19:38 cait ashimema: my cas auth is turned on
19:39 cait hm no change
19:39 ashimema hmm
19:39 ashimema I'm baffled.
19:39 jcamins ashimema: I think I've had that error for months or years.
19:39 jcamins Well, warning.
19:39 wahanui rumour has it warning is gone now, thanks
19:39 ashimema yeah.. I'm thinking your right jcamins..
19:40 ashimema it's proving rather illusive to track it down and I don't think it's the issue I'm having here by the looks.
19:41 cait the installation is behaving a bit weird
19:41 cait i had problems searching patrons owen couldn't reprocude
19:41 cait but it shoudl be just master plus the patches nothing else
21:23 kmlussier left #koha
21:34 WNickC joined #koha
21:53 edveal joined #koha
21:54 gmcharlt @later tell khall not in person, but schedule permitting, to whatever extent I can virtually
21:54 huginn gmcharlt: The operation succeeded.
21:55 bag @wunder McMurdo Station
21:55 huginn bag: An error has occurred and has been logged. Please contact this bot's administrator for more information.
21:56 bag @wunder blythe, ca
21:56 huginn bag: The current temperature in North Valley, Blythe, California is 44.7°C (2:55 PM PDT on July 23, 2014). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 14%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 29.78 in 1008 hPa (Falling). Excessive heat warning in effect from 10 am MST /10 am PDT/ this morning to 8 PM MST /8 PM PDT/ Thursday...
21:56 gmcharlt drat, has Antarctica fallen off again?
21:56 gmcharlt @wunder McMurdo Base
21:56 huginn gmcharlt: An error has occurred and has been logged. Please contact this bot's administrator for more information.
21:56 gmcharlt @wunder McMurdo
21:56 huginn gmcharlt: An error has occurred and has been logged. Please contact this bot's administrator for more information.
21:56 bag heh
21:57 bgkriegel joined #koha
22:00 gmcharlt #startmeeting Deveopment meeting, 23 July 2014, part 2
22:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Jul 23 22:00:43 2014 UTC.  The chair is gmcharlt. Information about MeetBot at
22:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
22:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Deveopment meeting, 23 July 2014, part 2)
22:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'deveopment_meeting__23_july_2014__part_2'
22:00 gmcharlt #info Agenda[…]ing,_23_July_2014
22:01 gmcharlt #info Part 1 minutes: http://meetings.koha-community[…]-07-23-15.00.html
22:01 gmcharlt #info Part 1 logs: http://meetings.koha-community[…]-07-23-15.00.html
22:01 gmcharlt #topic Introductions
22:01 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
22:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Deveopment meeting, 23 July 2014, part 2)
22:01 gmcharlt #info Galen Charlton, Equinox
22:01 bgkriegel #info Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel
22:02 bag #info Brendan Gallagher, ByWater
22:02 tcohen joined #koha
22:02 bag welcome back to work gmcharlt
22:03 gmcharlt thanks
22:03 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba
22:03 tcohen wb gmcharlt
22:04 bgkriegel so few... :)
22:05 gmcharlt indeed
22:05 gmcharlt but we WILL CHARGE ON REGARDLESS!!!
22:05 gmcharlt #topic RM 3.18 comments
22:05 Topic for #koha is now RM 3.18 comments (Meeting topic: Deveopment meeting, 23 July 2014, part 2)
22:05 gmcharlt tcohen: you have the floor
22:06 tcohen As mentioned earlier, some work is on its way in the Search front
22:06 tcohen and I've been concerned that the test suite doesn't cover UNIMARC
22:06 tcohen i want to run the same tests we run for MARC21, but on UNIMARC and
22:06 tcohen need UNIMARC people's help in crafting the sample data
22:07 tcohen Jonathan offered to help earlier, so, that's it
22:07 bgkriegel what kind of data?
22:07 tcohen marc data, and having a good default koha<->marc mapping
22:07 bgkriegel Joubu will be away for 3 weeks
22:08 bgkriegel vacation
22:08 * tcohen knows he needs to hurry
22:08 tcohen the only difficulty is having too little UNIMARC knowledge
22:08 tcohen but it seems there's a bug for fixing the default mappings
22:09 tcohen and it should be covered there
22:09 tcohen moving on
22:09 bgkriegel you know bug number?
22:09 tcohen #info bug 11586 might serve as input for having better UNIMARC search tests
22:09 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11586 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , Better default framework for UNIMARC
22:10 bgkriegel ok
22:11 tcohen gmcharlt, moving on?
22:11 gmcharlt ok
22:11 gmcharlt #topic Coding guidelines: Move towards deprecating GRS-1 in favor of DOM indexing
22:11 Topic for #koha is now Coding guidelines: Move towards deprecating GRS-1 in favor of DOM indexing (Meeting topic: Deveopment meeting, 23 July 2014, part 2)
22:11 gmcharlt the first part of the meeting approved deprecated GRS-1 in favor of DOM
22:12 gmcharlt per the following wording - coding guideline about deprecating GRS-1 in favor of DOM
22:12 gmcharlt er, make that
22:13 gmcharlt questions or comments about the proposal?
22:13 tcohen has anyone volunteered for filling a bug on this?
22:13 gmcharlt not specifically, yet
22:13 tcohen a lot has been said about current DOM configuration not being complete (lists, IRC)
22:14 tcohen i'd like to have specific bugs filled from those parties
22:14 tcohen all linked to the deprecation one
22:14 gmcharlt one moment
22:15 tcohen "removing GRS-1 indexing in favor of DOM, first steps: coding guideline, omnibus bug for tracking what needs to be done (remaining issues, needed changes, etc.)"
22:17 gmcharlt bug 12641
22:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12641 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Formally deprecate the GRS-1 indexing mode
22:17 gmcharlt tcohen: and we already have proposed wording for hte coding guideline
22:17 tcohen excellent!
22:18 gmcharlt the immediate step, as I see it, is that at this point, no further patches should be accepted into master that touch the GRS-1 config, with the exception of anything that is meant to be backported to fix an indexing bug
22:18 tcohen +1
22:19 gmcharlt #info The omnibus bug for deprecation of the GRS-1 indexing mode is 12641
22:20 gmcharlt any other comments
22:20 gmcharlt or any objections to adopting the new coding guideline?
22:20 tcohen we should provide a tools (for packages at least) to move
22:20 tcohen either migrating the current (if anyone volunteers)
22:20 tcohen or just a default config
22:21 tcohen but we will discuss that on the bugs I guess
22:21 gmcharlt yeah
22:21 gmcharlt (and we actually already have most of what we need to manage the index migration)
22:22 tcohen make_zebra_dom_cfg_from_record_abs
22:22 wahanui make_zebra_dom_cfg_from_record_abs is a script to migrate from grs-1 to dom, so it ie same of the last thing to do
22:22 gmcharlt exactly
22:23 gmcharlt ok
22:23 gmcharlt since I've heard no objections...
22:23 gmcharlt #agreed Koha adopts a new coding guideline per to deprecate the GRS-1 indexing mode
22:24 gmcharlt and rather than have an action item... one moment please
22:24 pianohacker tcohen: as a clarification, would this migrate custom indexes
22:24 pianohacker ?
22:24 tcohen we could provide a tool for that
22:25 tcohen it is almost there, just need to write the glue
22:25 tcohen i.e. make_zebra_dom_cfg_from_record_abs
22:25 pianohacker kk
22:25 pianohacker thanks
22:26 gmcharlt #info The new DEPR2 coding guideilne can be found at The DOM Zebra indexing mode is now the standard supported method for Koha.  The GRS-1 indexing mode is deprecated for all record types and MARC flavours.
22:26 gmcharlt New Koha patches that update index definitions must change the DOM indexing definitions.  If a patch is intended to be backported to a maintenance release, changes to GRS-1 index definitions should be kept in a separate patch.
22:26 gmcharlt gah
22:26 gmcharlt #info The new DEPR2 coding guideline can be found at[…]ode_is_deprecated
22:27 gmcharlt ok
22:27 gmcharlt moving on
22:27 gmcharlt #topic Coding guidelines - indentation in templates
22:27 Topic for #koha is now Coding guidelines - indentation in templates (Meeting topic: Deveopment meeting, 23 July 2014, part 2)
22:28 bgkriegel 2 or 4?
22:28 wahanui 6
22:28 gmcharlt I think it's fair to say that there was no consensus reached at the first part of the meeting
22:29 gmcharlt and I think the discussion ought to be hashed out on the mailing list first
22:30 tcohen i agree we could make it on the list
22:31 gmcharlt yeah
22:31 gmcharlt #agreed further discussion about new or revised guidelines for whitespace to occur on the mailing list
22:31 tcohen i'd like to mention 12545, which could be used to make it easy to comply with the coding guidelines
22:32 tcohen whichever we find suit better
22:32 bgkriegel bug 12545
22:32 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12545 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Add EditorConfig file to the source tree
22:33 gmcharlt #link[…]_bug.cgi?id=12545
22:33 huginn Bug 12545: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Add EditorConfig file to the source tree
22:34 gmcharlt #topic DBIC
22:34 Topic for #koha is now DBIC (Meeting topic: Deveopment meeting, 23 July 2014, part 2)
22:34 gmcharlt #link[…]s_of_DBIC_in_Koha
22:34 eythian hi
22:34 wahanui niihau, eythian
22:34 gmcharlt the first part of the meeting basically punted the discussion
22:35 BobB joined #koha
22:35 gmcharlt and to be honest, I'm inclined to punt as well
22:35 tcohen idiomatic issues here
22:35 gmcharlt sorry
22:36 gmcharlt punt == defer to the next dev meeting
22:36 tcohen ah
22:36 gmcharlt or discuss on the lsit
22:36 * gmcharlt slaps self for using an American football analogy
22:36 pianohacker that indentation bikeshed is gonna get a lot of comments
22:37 tcohen kck the ball
22:37 tcohen pianohacker: i know that one!
22:37 gmcharlt #topic Bugs
22:37 Topic for #koha is now Bugs (Meeting topic: Deveopment meeting, 23 July 2014, part 2)
22:37 gmcharlt #info UTF-8 cleanup - bug 11944
22:37 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11944 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Cleanup Koha UTF-8
22:38 gmcharlt as part of the GBSD, Joubu and others have been doing some testing and found some minor issues
22:38 gmcharlt that I believe Joubu is working on
22:38 tcohen dpavlin was working on the search results front
22:38 eternalsword punts are also used in rugby if it makes you feel better.
22:39 gmcharlt eternalsword: thanks :)
22:40 * tcohen only speaks tennis
22:40 gmcharlt #info Test builder - bug 12603
22:40 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12603 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, yohann.dufour, Needs Signoff , TestBuilder - Module to simplify the writing of tests
22:40 pianohacker ooh
22:41 gmcharlt that one looks like a good candidate for folks to play with
22:42 gmcharlt #info renewing lost items - bug 9805
22:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9805 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, In Discussion , Lost items are un-lost if returned, but not if renewed.
22:42 gmcharlt my suggestion for 9805 is that somebody send a query to the general mailing list about the propsed changes
22:43 gmcharlt in an effort to identify policy preferences and/or edge cases
22:43 gmcharlt can somebody volunteer to do that (maybe first ask khall if he wants to)?
22:45 pianohacker khall would be the best candidate, I'd think
22:45 tcohen as the author of the patch, he'd be the best one to write it down
22:45 gmcharlt @later tell khall would you be willing to drop a note to the general mailing list soliciting input on library preferences for lost item handling (re bug 9805)?
22:45 huginn gmcharlt: The operation succeeded.
22:46 gmcharlt k, as you can see, I've made the request
22:46 gmcharlt are there other bugs that folks would like to emphasize?
22:46 bgkriegel input on bug 12477 will be most welcome
22:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12477 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , We need better ways to manage MARC Frameworks
22:47 gmcharlt #info Input requested for bug 12477 (better management of MARC frameworks)
22:49 gmcharlt OK, moving on
22:49 gmcharlt #topic "Big stuff we are working on"
22:49 Topic for #koha is now "Big stuff we are working on" (Meeting topic: Deveopment meeting, 23 July 2014, part 2)
22:51 tcohen i'm expecting to become a father by December, 21st. I'm making up my mind :-P
22:51 gmcharlt congrats!
22:51 tcohen :-D
22:52 tcohen thx
22:52 gmcharlt #info Feedback on GST RFC requested by end of August[…]i/GST_Rewrite_RFC
22:52 gmcharlt eythian: can you give an ES update?
22:52 eythian nothing much to report
22:52 eythian I've been distracted on a couple of migrations/new installations
22:53 gmcharlt fair enough
22:53 gmcharlt any other big projects?
22:54 gmcharlt ok
22:54 gmcharlt #topic Set time of next meeting
22:54 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Deveopment meeting, 23 July 2014, part 2)
22:54 gmcharlt the first part of the meeting proposes  August, 5th, 15:00 + 22:00 UTC
22:54 gmcharlt comments?
22:54 wahanui comments are turned on
22:55 bgkriegel +1
22:55 tcohen +a
22:55 tcohen +1
22:56 pianohacker +1
22:57 gmcharlt #agreed The next development meeting will be August, 5th, 15:00 + 22:00 UTC
22:57 gmcharlt ok
22:57 gmcharlt thanks everybody!
22:57 gmcharlt #endmeeting
22:57 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.16.1 is available! Next general meeting is 13 and 14 August 2014 at 22:00 and 15:00 UTC. Welcome to the IRC home of Koha Please use for pastes.
22:57 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jul 23 22:57:27 2014 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
22:57 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-07-23-22.00.html
22:57 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]4-07-23-22.00.txt
22:57 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]23-22.00.log.html
22:57 bgkriegel gmcharlt++
22:57 tcohen thanks gmcharlt
22:57 tcohen gmcharlt++
22:58 jburds_ joined #koha
23:00 pianohacker gmcharlt: question on bug 12603; is testbuilder a module to help generate automatically-deleted test data using DBIC?
23:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12603 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, yohann.dufour, Needs Signoff , TestBuilder - Module to simplify the writing of tests
23:01 gmcharlt pianohacker: yes - as I understand it after a very brief look, it provides sugar to simplify filling in dependent rows
23:01 gmcharlt like branch codes, category codes, etc.
23:02 pianohacker cool
23:03 eternalsword gmcharlt, could take a look at bug 12628? my first bug report and patch and looks like it assigned to you. Just want to make sure I'm clear enough.
23:03 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12628 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , reports/ incorrect checkout range query
23:05 gmcharlt eternalsword: the patch looks straightforward enough
23:05 gmcharlt ideally, though, it should be produced via the git format-patch command
23:05 gmcharlt which will, in addition to the code diff, pass along the commit message and your authorship attribution
23:06 gmcharlt git-bz ([…]bz_configuration) can be used to make the process of attaching a patch to a bug easier
23:07 cait left #koha
23:09 eternalsword looking into git-bz now
23:15 kathryn joined #koha
23:19 eternalsword okay, will redo patch tomorrow following that process, thanks.
23:19 pianohacker you won't regret it. git-bz has made using bugzilla for patch tracking much easier.
23:20 dcook ^
23:20 dcook git-bz is the best :)
23:21 * dcook should read the meeting logs...
23:21 eternalsword I'll redo the one I made for 10188 too and not make it dependent on 12628
23:21 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.16.2 is available! Next general meeting is 13 and 14 August 2014 at 22:00 and 15:00 UTC. Welcome to the IRC home of Koha Please use for pastes.
23:34 papa joined #koha
23:46 dcook I think there was a typo for the part 1 logs in the part 2 logs
23:46 dcook Ah, figured out the link anyway
23:47 dcook hehe: "<cait> i think people have noticed... i like deprecating things. Today's victim is GRS-1 in favor of DOM indexing"
23:47 eythian oh, 3.16.02 is out
23:52 Ant joined #koha
23:53 Dyrcona joined #koha
23:54 Ant quit
23:54 dcook Never!
23:55 eythian quitters never win, Ant
23:55 tcohen hi eythian dcook
23:55 Ant I try to upgrade koha 3.12 to 3.14, but need to CPAN a DBIx module, but never success
23:55 eythian g'day tcohen
23:55 eythian Ant: what distro are you on?
23:56 Ant what is "distro"?
23:56 eythian linux distribution
23:57 Ant Debian
23:57 Ant squezz
23:57 eythian OK. THen just install it through the packaging system, don't do it manually
23:57 dcook ^
23:57 dcook heya, tcohen :)
23:58 dcook December 21st, eh? Yay!
23:58 tcohen today i saw his face
23:58 Ant i can do it in the Synactic ?
23:58 eythian yeah, it'll be libdbix-class-perl or similar
23:59 BobB_ joined #koha
23:59 Ant let me try

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary