IRC log for #koha, 2014-05-08

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:04 jcamins eythian: I know, it made me very sad in parseQuery.
00:04 eythian I don't quite understand the purpose of parseQuery
00:04 eythian As such, I've been ignoring it.
00:11 cait left #koha
00:43 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1748: SUCCESS in 2 hr 14 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1748/
00:43 jenkins_koha Kyle M Hall: Bug 12212: fix error that prevented sysprefs.sql from loading
00:43 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=12212 blocker, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Wrong number of parameters for AggressiveMatchOnISBN in sysprefs.sql
00:57 irma joined #koha
01:51 mtj_ hey #koha, does anyone know of a nice way to upgrade a koha to DOM, via the packages?
01:53 mtj_ ive found this nice reference -> http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]g_to_dom_indexing
01:57 eythian mtj_: IIRC there's no automagic way of doing it
02:06 mtj_ no probs, that was my guess too eythian
02:08 edveal joined #koha
02:26 rocio left #koha
03:33 papa joined #koha
04:17 cait joined #koha
04:40 cait hi #koha
04:42 eythian hi cait
04:42 eythian oh
04:42 eythian bye cait
04:42 cait joined #koha
04:47 eythian hi cait
04:47 eythian hrm, opac-search.pl makes too many assumptions about things.
04:48 eythian like, assuming a built query is going to be a string, so you can just slap the suppression stuff on the end.
04:52 eythian sub getRecords is 351 lines long :/
04:52 * eythian notes that I should start breaking up my code now.
04:54 * eythian also notes that he shouldn't change grammatical person part way through a sentence.
05:00 dcook hehe
05:15 * cait waves
05:58 paxed is there something wrong with this: http://bilious.alt.org/~paxed/[…]t_100-101-103.png
06:18 ashimema eythian, your heading into scary territory with search
06:18 eythian ashimema: I know
06:18 eythian I'm working on elasticsearch support
06:18 cait morning ashimema
06:19 eythian so basically catching all the things that call C4::Search and directing them off to a shim that sends them in the right direction.
06:19 ashimema I got completely lost at the opac suppression bit whilst trying to write a patch for bug 10542
06:19 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=10542 critical, P1 - high, ---, martin.renvoize, Failed QA , QueryParser + OpacSuppression doesn't allow search in 'all libraries'
06:20 eythian I'd quite like to just rewrite how it works, but the search stuff is messy and underdocumented.
06:20 eythian and without understanding it all, I'd lose zebra support, which is a no-no.
06:20 ashimema Yeah, that was my conclusion too.. I'd like to re-write it massively.
06:21 eythian doing a proper rewrite would also take more time than I have budget for.
06:21 ashimema likewise
06:21 ashimema it feels to me that at the moment QueryParser just adds yet another level of complication to it all aswell
06:22 ashimema My initial wondering regarding ElasticSearch was wether you could just write a QP driver
06:22 ashimema oh.. eythian.. as your about, can you comment on whether there's any simple way of having a per instance zebra config using packages?
06:23 ashimema I'm still battling with how it all fits together.
06:23 eythian ashimema: there's not a nice way of doing it, though some have copied the relevant files into koha/sites/whatever and redirected the koha-conf to refer to that.
06:24 dcook The funny thing is at the moment I have per instance zebra config and want the opposite, ashimema ;)
06:24 * dcook doesn't use packages though
06:24 * dcook would also like to do a re-write of Search but alas the budget/time conundrum
06:25 eythian I've been loosely basing it on the solr stuff, but parts of that is done in ways that I don't think are ideal.
06:25 eythian and it's also undocumented.
06:25 eythian but it follows the same basic structure.
06:25 ashimema hint, hint.. can you document what your doing so we can follow suit later ;)
06:26 eythian ashimema: I'm quite a fan of documentation myself :)
06:26 ashimema Yeah, I had a feeling the idea would be to stick the whole set of zebra config into /etc/koha/sites/whatever and rejig the config.
06:26 dcook http://www.codinguser.com/wp-c[…]ll_the_things.jpg
06:26 dcook For once a link for it..
06:26 dcook document?
06:26 wahanui document is not a stylesheet
06:26 dcook document?
06:26 wahanui document is, like, not a stylesheet
06:26 dcook document is also http://www.codinguser.com/wp-c[…]ll_the_things.jpg
06:26 wahanui okay, dcook.
06:26 ashimema is that a lating solution though... if so I may write a script to add to packages to do exactly that for you.
06:27 ashimema s/lating/lasting/
06:28 eythian http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gw?[…]ds/elastic_search <-- e.g.
06:28 irma joined #koha
06:28 dcook ashimema: If you added it to the koha-create command as a flag, I imagine that would work?
06:28 eythian (though keep in mind that's relatively incomplete at this stage, and just doing what I need it to do for now.)
06:28 BobB joined #koha
06:29 eythian http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gw?[…]ds/elastic_search <-- I do have a rebuild_elasticsearch though, that basically calls into this.
06:30 ashimema dcook, I was thinking of adding a new script koha-zebra-customise or similar.. with a flag for do or undo the creation of files and change of config in koha-conf
06:30 dcook I see what you mean now about it not necessarily being that lasting :/
06:31 dcook eythian: Looks neat at a glance :)
06:32 dcook Love the Blade Runner ref ;)
06:32 ashimema I tihnk i'de prefer some way of doing fallbacks, such that only customised files need to exist in /sites/whatever.. as apposed to a full copy
06:32 eythian yeah :) took me a while to work out what craziness was going on there.
06:32 ashimema but I have no idea if that's plausable without some real digigng into how it all fits together at present
06:32 eythian ashimema: an option there might be to use symlinks. Just thinking out loud though
06:33 eythian you could have symlinks to the global files.
06:33 eythian though even better would be something that allows you to use the global files, and then add some small changes to the top of that.
06:33 eythian I don't know how you'd do that.
06:33 BobB joined #koha
06:33 dcook What was the original question again?
06:33 dcook Per instance config...
06:33 dcook I guess it depends on what you're doing?
06:34 ashimema yup
06:34 dcook Just adding new indexes?
06:34 ashimema I want to add phrases to icu config.. whihc means changing one line in default.idx and adding a phrases.xml
06:35 ashimema so.. i'de love to be able to override default.idx but not bother copying all the other files
06:35 ashimema or symlinkin either really.
06:35 ashimema as you say eythian.. it would be nice to have some fallback system such that you look for the custom overriden file in sites/whatever first, then if they don't exist you can fall back to the defaults.
06:36 irma joined #koha
06:36 dcook That is something I rather like about Vufind..
06:36 dcook They're pretty good at that sort of thing
06:36 * dcook is actually just whipping up some fallbacks for the XSLTs...
06:36 eythian ashimema: not even that, but it loads the global file, then you can override small parts of it.
06:36 ashimema or maybe your right.. maybe you could add an import to the end of all the default ones where you can add your overrides..
06:36 eythian yeah, that
06:36 wahanui hmmm... yeah, that is cool - a way to enhance the OPAC without bloating Koha...
06:36 dcook So that a spelling mistake doesn't bring down your search results and detail pages..
06:36 ashimema hmm.. no idea if zebra supports that kinda thing though
06:36 eythian don't know either
06:36 eythian I still tend to treat zebra like a mysterious black box
06:37 dcook ^
06:37 ashimema I'm getting there with zebra.. but there's still a huge amount to learn.
06:37 eythian I've tried reading the docs, and it's not easy.
06:37 dcook The docs aren't always comprehensive either :/
06:37 dcook They word things in some awful ways as well..
06:41 ashimema indeed they do.
06:42 cait brb
06:43 marcelr joined #koha
06:43 marcelr hi #koha
06:44 ashimema morning marcelr..
06:45 ashimema random question for you.. when you wrote the xslt parser stuff, bug 11826, did you test the remote style sheet functionality at all?
06:45 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=11826 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Signed Off , Improving code for XSLT handling
06:45 ashimema I'm not getting nasty error form https anymore.. but it also doesn't appear to be souricng the files at all for me.
06:46 eythian hoi marcelr
06:46 dcook You know ashimema...it might be worthwhile playing with that profilePath in zebra-biblios-dom.cfg
06:47 dcook # profilePath - where to look for config files
06:47 dcook profilePath: some/local/path:/usr/share/idzebra-2.0/tab
06:47 dcook It might be that if it finds a default.idx in the first dir that it might not look in the later ones?
06:48 eythian you could look in the documentahahahahaha
06:48 dcook hehe
06:48 dcook "Specifies a path of profile specification files. The path is composed of one or more directories separated by colon. Similar to PATH for UNIX systems"
06:48 marcelr hi ashimema eythian dcook
06:48 dcook I only somewhat understand PATH for UNIX systems myself, so..
06:48 dcook yo, marcelr
06:49 eythian dcook: PATH behaves exactly as you describe
06:49 ashimema oh.. interesting..
06:49 wahanui interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
06:49 eythian looks through it, and stops at the first one that contains the thing you're looking for.
06:49 marcelr ashimena: i tested the remote with a path to my own server, as i recall well
06:49 ashimema though currently i'm stuggling to navigate the indexdata docs.
06:49 dcook eythian: Sweet as
06:49 ashimema hmm.. might be somthing on my config then.
06:50 ashimema I'll double check it all again before commenting on the bug.
06:50 marcelr ok
06:50 ashimema sorry I didn't get the QA done quick enough.. it took a bit longer than I hoped with the remote stuff not working for me at the moment.
06:50 marcelr ashimena: can you give me your url for a remote xslt?
06:50 marcelr i can retest that one?
06:52 ashimema I was 'borrowing' one from another of our systems: I tried two.. http://tna.koha-ptfs.eu/custom/en/xslt/ was one set, and https://rgs.koha-ptfs.co.uk/custom/en/xslt/ is another.
06:52 marcelr ok i try that in a few moments..
06:53 ashimema i believe only one should work, as the Utils link is right for only the tna one in my current test environment
06:53 ashimema <xsl:import href="/usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmp​l/bootstrap/en/xslt/MARC21slimUtils.xsl"/>
06:53 ashimema that bit.. that's caught me before.. so I double check it now
06:54 * eythian wonders if it's attempting to validate the SSL cert, but has no collection of CA certs to fall back on.
06:54 eythian (totally a guess.)
06:54 eythian s/fall back on/reference/
06:54 ashimema indeed.. that's what the issue was when getURI was the method.
06:55 ashimema i.e. bug 12172
06:55 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=12172 minor, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , Remote XSLT style sheets fail to fetch under https under recent LWP::Simple
06:55 ashimema but I'm hoping marcelr's xslt parser fixes it outside of using LWP or similar.
06:55 ashimema my understanding is that he's using the inbuilt fetching in the xml parser module
06:56 eythian I'd _expect_ that to be smart about things, but who knows.
06:56 dcook ashimema: The only thign explicitly linked to that profilePath pref is http://www.indexdata.com/zebra[…]html#attset-files but pretty sure it's what's pointing at default.idx as well..
06:56 ashimema some errors somewhere would be useful though.. at the moment it seems to just fail silently
06:57 ashimema I think you could be right dcook.. nicely found.
06:57 ashimema time for some testing
06:57 dcook Sorry, broken record. Intrigued by this new issue
06:57 dcook Is getURI no longer used?
06:58 ashimema ack.. this was not my plan for the day.. but having you guys online this morning has certainly helped me get further along with this long standing issue for us.
06:58 dcook Semi high five?
06:58 ashimema getURI is currently still used.. but both my and marcelr's patch get rid of it.
06:58 dcook Just read the patch :)
06:58 dcook Hmm
06:58 dcook Actually, while you guys are around, I have a question about that as well
06:58 dcook What do you think about fetching the remote XSLT higher up in the sub?
06:59 dcook If it fails, you can use the default XSLT instead
06:59 dcook Maybe throw a warn in the logs for an admin to catch
06:59 ashimema it's only used once within the XSLT parsing stuff..  I factor the get into the main code block (as it's only used once anyway, and is like 2 lines of code).. and marcelr's pulls it out compleetleing into his new parser module.. which is muhc nicer
06:59 dcook Hmm, haven't looked at the new parser module
06:59 ashimema actually.. it's allot harder than you think to just use the defaults (in the current implementation at least).. Marcelr's refactor could probably do this though..
07:00 dcook Mmm, I have something working that does it
07:00 ashimema bug 11826
07:00 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=11826 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Signed Off , Improving code for XSLT handling
07:00 ashimema that's the xslt handler a'la marcelr..
07:00 ashimema it's noce
07:02 dcook Hmm..
07:02 dcook I've been thinking a bit about this today
07:02 ashimema Joubu about?
07:02 sophie_m joined #koha
07:02 dcook In search results, we're creating the parser 20 times in a row
07:02 ashimema yeah.. it's horrible..
07:02 dcook I'm wondering why we don't do it once, then just iterate through the records..
07:03 ashimema take a look at marcel's bug..
07:03 dcook I'm looking at it now, but it looks like it still works the same way as in the past :/
07:03 ashimema i think he at least caches
07:03 dcook Better though
07:03 ashimema yeah.. it's a first step..
07:03 ashimema factoring out some bits for a future improvement me thinks
07:03 dcook I've wondered about cacheing..
07:03 dcook Especially due to the line "unless ( $stylesheet->{$xslfilename} ) {"
07:04 dcook I assume that means there is cacheing but my current dev setup doesn't have memcache
07:05 ashimema me too.. in fact we found memcached messes stuff up too much
07:05 ashimema so almost none of our customers have it turned on..
07:05 dcook It can be a bit of a pain :/
07:05 eythian yeah, you've got to be careful with it in testing environments.
07:06 ashimema indeed
07:06 eythian I've improved some aspects of it.
07:06 eythian (my plack patches, for example.)
07:06 ashimema :)
07:06 dcook eythian: Yeah, it looks like you've been busy :)
07:06 eythian just a little :)
07:06 dcook Which reminds me I need to continue on with my custom XSLTing here..
07:08 ashimema packages defualt to DOM + ICU for indexing now right?
07:08 dcook Yata!
07:08 eythian DOM at least.
07:08 dcook DOM, yes. Not sure about ICU.
07:08 eythian not totally sure about icu
07:08 eythian heh
07:08 * dcook stares at eythian
07:08 dcook I know the non-package install is DOM and CHR as of 3.14.5
07:08 dcook But that's about it
07:08 eythian I think that's still the case.
07:08 * dcook may or may not be working on 3.14.5 at present
07:09 eythian IIRC there are issues with going to ICU totally.
07:10 ashimema Thanks..
07:10 dcook Yeah, I think there are a few problems with it here and there
07:10 Joubu hi
07:10 wahanui hey, Joubu
07:10 dcook salut Joubu
07:11 ashimema yeah, we've been using DOM + ICU on our installs for ages.. and it's no causing us pain swithcing to packages without bits of it..
07:11 ashimema but your right.. tere are some issues with the combination.. which we've been trying to fix as we come accross them.
07:11 eythian adding ICU support, even non-default, to the packages would be something I'd approve of.
07:11 ashimema Joubu.. do the biblibre snadboxes all use nginx as the webserver?
07:12 ashimema ah.. so that may be where we're getting confused..
07:12 ashimema we though we we're using ICU in our packages..
07:12 Joubu ashimema: hum, no idea. I don't think so
07:12 ashimema that explains some things.
07:12 ashimema and.. cait thanks you for updating them recently.. what did you update?
07:12 ashimema can't see anything in git 'tis all
07:13 * ashimema has zeno on his back about a utf8 patch he wants to test
07:14 * eythian wonders if the koha list is down again
07:15 eythian it's been Too Quiet™.
07:15 dcook hehe
07:16 * eythian adds "use C4::Search; # :(" to a Koha:: file...
07:16 * eythian feels a little dirty
07:16 ashimema hehe...
07:17 ashimema got wash thy self eythian
07:17 Hasenbear joined #koha
07:17 eythian perhaps I should just go to the pub when I go home, drink it all away.
07:17 eythian *before I go home
07:18 ashimema hehe
07:18 ashimema sounds like a plan to me
07:19 Hasenbear frustrated koha newbie here. working with 3.12 but not getting far with the manual. anyone have an ear and some insight for me?
07:19 dcook The hell is this nonsense: <xsl:for-each select="marc:datafield[(@tag=100 or @tag=700) and @ind1!='z']">
07:20 dcook Hasenbear: Possibly. What's your question?
07:20 eythian wahanui: ask
07:20 wahanui Don't ask to ask, just ask.
07:20 dcook @ind1!='z' is madness...
07:20 huginn dcook: I've exhausted my database of quotes
07:20 eythian dcook: that is pretty mad
07:21 Hasenbear dcook: how do i set up so i can add new items by isbn?  i don't understand the sru service :(
07:21 eythian Hasenbear: what's your workflow that you're thinking of?
07:21 dcook eythian: Looks like Jared added it...he knows his stuff so there must be a reason..
07:21 eythian e.g. often that's done with a Z39.50 search.
07:21 dcook Unless he's trolling me :p
07:22 eythian dcook: either is possible ;)
07:22 dcook :p
07:22 Hasenbear i want to connect with the germany national library and they don't support z39.50 anymore, only sru
07:22 dcook Yikes
07:22 eythian wow
07:22 dcook Where's cait when you need her..
07:22 eythian yeah
07:23 eythian @later tell cait <Hasenbear> i want to connect with the germany national library and they don't support z39.50 anymore, only sru
07:23 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
07:23 eythian Hasenbear: cait is the German Koha expert, she'll be able to tell you what's up.
07:24 ashimema I'm not 100% sure we're supporting fetch by SRU yet?
07:24 Hasenbear thanks. how can i reach her?  i fell like i'm in a paralell universe here :P all new!
07:24 ashimema I'm sure this came up recently..
07:24 ashimema but I may well be wrong
07:24 eythian Hasenbear: she's normally online now, so maybe she's got meetings or something.
07:24 ashimema she'll be online soon enough.
07:24 eythian @seen cait
07:24 huginn eythian: cait was last seen in #koha 41 minutes and 57 seconds ago: <cait> brb
07:25 Hasenbear okay so i should wait.
07:25 eythian yep
07:25 dcook "Embed see from headings into the specified record(s) and return the result.
07:25 dcook +In order to differentiate added headings from actual headings, a 'z' is
07:25 dcook +put in the first indicator."
07:25 dcook :S
07:25 eythian dcook: where'd you see that?
07:25 eythian I skimmed the LOC docs, but didn't see it
07:25 dcook commit bc05b5d1
07:25 eythian ah
07:25 dcook Looks like a local thing Jared is doing :/
07:25 eythian what a hack
07:27 eythian why the hell does getRecords need a list of all the branches...
07:28 dcook Quite a hack. After reading through, I see why he's doing it, but definitely suboptimal...although probably the only option without re-writing search..
07:28 dcook eythian: Good question
07:29 eythian oh, for facets.
07:29 eythian ug
07:29 dcook Damned facets..
07:30 dcook Hey...you're still here rather late, eythian
07:30 dcook If I'm late, you're extra late :p
07:30 eythian yeah, I'm being productive.
07:30 eythian I figure why stop now.
07:30 marcelr ashimena: fetching records via SRU is still on my list; we are doing it in production for some years already but it never got into Koha
07:31 marcelr i now first wanted bug 11826 to reach master..
07:31 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=11826 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Signed Off , Improving code for XSLT handling
07:32 eythian > Can't declare reference constructor in "my" at /mnt/catalyst/koha/Koha/ElasticSearch/Search.pm line 108, near ") ="
07:32 eythian that is not an error I've seen before.
07:33 ashimema Thanks for clarifying marcelr
07:33 marcelr bug 6536
07:33 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6536 enhancement, P3, ---, m.de.rooy, ASSIGNED , Z3950 Enhancements: SRU targets, MARC conversion, additional XSLT processing (umbrella report)
07:33 ashimema I knew I'd seen mention of it somewhere.. and knew there was a reason I was keen to get 11826 moving
07:33 marcelr at that time the marc conversion killed a signoff
07:34 marcelr it was too ambitious
07:34 ashimema Hasenbear.. read the above few comments.
07:34 ashimema I see
07:34 ashimema did you spot anything wrong with my hosted xslt's marcel?
07:35 eythian oh right, don't leave a \@... in a declaration when copy-pasting.
07:35 ashimema I'm thinking for my next test I just take a copy of the Utils script and also host that seperately..
07:35 ashimema hehe
07:36 marcelr i will be trying your xslt very soon
07:36 Hasenbear um.. how?
07:36 Hasenbear sorry, got it now :P
07:37 cait joined #koha
07:37 eythian Hasenbear: cait is here to answer all your questions ;)
07:38 cait huh?
07:38 Hasenbear thanks guys.  so i take it that the sru function doesn't do what i'm looking for?  adding new items via isbn
07:38 eythian wahanui: germs
07:38 wahanui Germs originated in Germany, before rapidly spreading throughout the rest of the world.
07:38 eythian t/hee
07:38 cait eythian: be nice
07:38 cait Hasenbear: what's your question?
07:38 Hasenbear actually i'm canadian :)
07:38 eythian cait: see huginn
07:39 cait could another german z39.50 target help you?
07:39 marcelr ashimema: opacdetail contains <xsl:import href="/usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tm​pl/bootstrap/en/xslt/MARC21slimUtils.xsl > which is a problem for remote
07:40 eythian arrg, this solr code could _never_ have worked, and yet it's in Koha :/
07:40 Hasenbear cait can you recommend one that would have reliable data sets for social sciences?
07:40 eythian it reference modules that don't exists anywhere
07:40 cait i would recommend using one of the big unoin catalogs
07:41 cait I work for swb - so i know where the information you need is, but you can also check if hbz, gbv or others offer similar. irspy might have the connection data
07:41 cait well i work for bsz... and swb is our union catalog, one second
07:42 cait our catalog is here if you want to try some sample searches http://swb2.bsz-bw.de/DB=2.1/START_WELCOME
07:43 ashimema eythian.. I could never get solr working in my testing.. that could explain it.
07:43 ashimema marcelr, yeah.. I had a feeling it might be the Utils import..
07:43 ashimema however.. it works before your patch that way.
07:43 eythian ashimema: it references an entire namespace (Data::) that doesn't exist.
07:44 marcelr ashimena: and http://tna.koha-ptfs.eu/custom[…]im2OPACDetail.xsl contains this line: /home/koha/kohaclone/koha-tmpl/opac-tmp​l/bootstrap/en/xslt/MARC21slimUtils.xsl
07:44 marcelr so both will not work remote
07:44 cait information about the z39.50 target is here https://wiki.bsz-bw.de/doku.ph[…]m:daten:z39.50neu
07:44 ashimema yeah, both have a path that's correct for their environment.
07:45 Hasenbear thank you cait. will see if i can get things going with that. i may have more questions yet!
07:45 marcelr can you make a copy and change the path to a remote one
07:45 ashimema that's my next test ;)
07:45 marcelr just for testing
07:45 cait ashimema: are you trying to use remote xslt files?
07:45 marcelr he is
07:45 cait ashimema: i think i got it working in the past copying the slimutils or using an url there
07:45 eythian yay, now I have MARC coming out of elasticsearch.
07:45 ashimema We already use them in a few places.. so I'm testing that they still work with marcel's xslt patch
07:46 cait eythian: and that was what you wanted? :)
07:46 eythian yes :)
07:46 cait then it#s good i guess
07:46 eythian I'm trying to wire it in so that it'll work with opac-search.pl
07:46 cait shouldn't you be at training?
07:46 eythian not on a Thursday
07:46 eythian I'm still sore from two hours straight of swordwork last night.
07:47 cait after the germs joke... you don't expect pity, do you?
07:47 eythian haha
07:47 marcelr ashimena: or just <xsl:import href="MARC21slimUtils.xsl"/> when it is in the same folder
07:48 marcelr >
07:48 marcelr ?
07:48 ashimema I'll try both..
07:48 ashimema just copying files accross now.
07:48 dcook singleBranchMode...ugh...
07:48 ashimema I never managed to get the 'full-path' option working prior to your patch.
07:49 ashimema hopefully that'll work nicely too
07:49 dcook yay eythian and ES!
07:49 ashimema eythian++
07:57 cait packages?
07:57 wahanui i guess packages is at http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Debian
07:58 eythian hmm, I'm not sure it's quite possible to convert these records back into real MARC.
07:58 eythian oh, no. I lie.
07:58 eythian It's just a funny formatted record in the first place.
08:05 eythian OK, I still can't work out what sort of data opac-search expects. I'm going to leave it there and pick this up next week.
08:05 eythian later all.
08:06 ashimema see ya eythian
08:07 dcook night eythian
08:09 mveron joined #koha
08:11 cait by eythian
08:11 cait bye eythian
08:20 mveron Hi #koha
08:20 * mveron Waves to cait
08:20 marcelr hi mveron
08:20 mveron Daag marcelr. Hoe is het ermee?
08:20 wahanui i already had it that way, mveron.
08:20 marcelr prima bedankt
08:21 mveron :-)
08:21 cait marcelr: sorry about the incomplete link thing... just in a lot of other trouble right now :(
08:21 marcelr ok
08:24 dcook Hmm, bit annoying to have OPACItemsResultsDisplay and OPACItemLocation as sysprefs...
08:24 dcook They almost do the same thing...in different places...hurray!
08:32 ashimema lots of the prefs need some thought
08:33 cait i am not sure both are implemented for xslt
08:33 cait might be worth checking bugzilla with the names
08:42 dcook Yeah, I don't think both are in xslt
08:43 dcook Although I added OPACItemsResultsDisplay to ours locally and kept meaning to submit to the community ;)
08:55 Hasenbear hello again, back with more questions.
08:55 Hasenbear cait, thanks for the info on those catalogues, have got the z39.50 running with swb.
08:56 Hasenbear have added a new item to the catalogue but can't view the item in the staff client. a search keeps coming up with  no results.  what am i doing wrong???
08:56 cait hi Hasenbear
08:56 cait first thing to be careful about is differentiating between record and item
08:57 * dcook thinks it also sounds like an indexing issue perhaps
08:57 cait the record is only the downloaded bibliographic data and the items are then attached to it
08:57 cait yes, i think tha ttoo
08:57 cait after saving the record it will take about 5 mins max normally unti lyou can search for the record
08:58 cait there is a job that needs to be set up for indexing, how that works differes a bit depending on how you installed koha
08:59 Hasenbear indexing? i didn't install koha, that was done by our administrator.
08:59 cait indexing = making it searchable
09:00 cait if it doesn't work after 5 mins or so you might want to contact him/her
09:00 cait the other thing is that the zebra server might not be running and that would also impact search
09:00 cait it's most likely a problem on server side if yo ucould save the record without problems
09:01 Hasenbear i saved the record, then edited the item (i thought). there were no probs there.
09:01 cait ok, that sounds good
09:01 cait is it a new installation?
09:02 Hasenbear it was installed about a month ago, i hjave only now got to the point where i can start adding records (and items...?).  this was attempt #2.
09:02 cait ah, yeah i think best to talk to your admin
09:03 Hasenbear the same thing happened with attempt #1, btw, so now i have 2 ghost books i nthe system...?
09:03 cait they should show up
09:03 cait when the problem is fixed
09:03 cait probably saved correctly into your database, just not being searchable
09:03 Hasenbear can you give a hint as to what he needs to look at?
09:03 cait he will want to look into the zebra setup steps
09:04 cait telling you more is hard without knowing how it was installed
09:04 ashimema you could direct him to here.. withough knowing the install type etc it's hard to advise where to look
09:04 ashimema jinx
09:04 cait ...?
09:05 cait ... .
09:05 cait (i always forget how you get unjinxed :) )
09:05 ashimema ;)
09:05 Hasenbear okay thanks for the help.  you guys have saved me lots of grey hairs!
09:05 ashimema don't tihnk i've ever got that far
09:06 ashimema dcook.. your right.. that profilePath works exactly as you'd expect.  Now to work out a patch for adding it to the default package install
09:08 mveron Hasenbear: Check About page, Server Information. If Index server is not running you get a warning message.
09:10 mveron cait: Shelving control number in German?
09:10 cait no idea
09:10 cait i think we are not even sure what the field is used for in english :)
09:10 cait maybe a numerus currens number
09:10 mveron OK, will put "Keine Idee"  :-)
09:31 dcook ashimema: Awesome! :)
09:31 dcook Speaking of grey hairs...
09:31 * dcook goes back to looking at immigration information
09:31 mveron cait: I'll put Lagerkontrollnummer .  (For the records: http://www.loc.gov/marc/holdings/hd852.html - Shelving control number that is used as the shelving scheme for an item. )
09:36 Hasenbear left #koha
09:47 grex joined #koha
10:00 cait mveron: hm i think lager doesn't sound quite right in terms of libraries, more like a magazinnummer maybe then
10:01 cait mveron: bit hard to tell
10:20 mveron cait:Its about the Shelving scheme, Scheme used to shelve a bibliographic item in the collections of the reporting organization. Hmm, yes, Magazinnummer would be better.
10:23 * mveron ponders about Shelving scheme... Lagerschema... Magazinorganisation... Magazinschema...
10:24 cait mveron: maybe not worth putting too much thought into it :)
10:25 cait not sure the field has much use currently
10:26 * mveron Loves to struggle with words...  :-)
10:26 cait ok, then you can keep pondeirng :)
10:27 mveron :-)
10:36 cait left #koha
11:40 collum joined #koha
11:40 meliss joined #koha
12:12 francharb morning
12:14 oleonard joined #koha
12:16 oleonard Hi #koha
12:27 marcelr hi oleonard
12:31 marcelr does anyone know how to escape quotes in a DBIC search ?
12:32 marcelr i already tried various combinations with \' etc and also with { quote_char => .. } in the connect
12:42 marcelr oleonard: could you please have a look at the followup on bug 9612; it should resolve the issue you reported there
12:42 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9612 minor, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Needs Signoff , SRU Response is different when DOM indexing is enabled
12:44 tcohen joined #koha
13:02 barton does #koha have @later?
13:02 marcelr yes
13:02 barton coolness. thanks.
13:03 oleonard @later tell barton Yes
13:03 huginn oleonard: The operation succeeded.
13:04 barton thanks oleonard ;-)
13:06 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:06 barton @later tell mrenvoize there's a broken link on your zebra index page -- 'koha update procedure' points to "Updating Koha Install", which doesn't exist on the koha wiki.
13:06 huginn barton: The operation succeeded.
13:07 barton morning Dyrcona
13:07 Dyrcona morning barton
13:08 barton this begs the question -- what *is* the koha update procedure, and where is it documented on the wiki? I did search the wiki for anything remotely related, came up empty.
13:13 tcohen morning #koha
13:14 marcelr hi tcohen
13:15 * marcelr resolved the quote issue with dbic search; it was a special quote char..
13:21 kmlussier joined #koha
13:23 kmlussier1 joined #koha
13:26 rambutan @later eat lunch
13:26 huginn rambutan: I've exhausted my database of quotes
13:26 rambutan @wunder 64507
13:26 huginn rambutan: The current temperature in Wyatt Park, St Joseph, Missouri is 21.7°C (8:26 AM CDT on May 08, 2014). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 78%. Dew Point: 18.0°C. Pressure: 29.69 in 1005 hPa (Rising).
13:27 rambutan @later tell rambutan eat lunch
13:27 huginn rambutan: The operation succeeded.
13:32 rocio joined #koha
13:37 tcohen gmcharlt: is there a list of blockers for 3.16?
13:38 tcohen http://snag.gy/6gwLB.jpg
13:40 ashimema can someone sanity check me..
13:40 ashimema bug 5943 is a duplicate of bug 5202 right?
13:40 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5943 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, matthias.meusburger, Failed QA , Merging Authorities
13:40 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5202 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Merge authority records
13:41 ashimema there's a hole bunch of authorities related bugs in interesting states that all seem to duplicate each other.. I'm trying to have a bit of a tidy up
13:44 edveal joined #koha
13:50 talljoy joined #koha
14:03 cait joined #koha
14:11 ashimema @wunder stevenage, uk
14:11 huginn ashimema: The current temperature in Pin Green, Stevenage, United Kingdom is 13.5°C (3:10 PM BST on May 08, 2014). Conditions: Rain. Humidity: 99%. Dew Point: 13.0°C. Pressure: 29.65 in 1004 hPa (Steady).
14:11 cait @wunder Konstanz
14:11 huginn cait: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is 20.0°C (4:00 PM CEST on May 08, 2014). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 27%. Dew Point: 5.0°C. Pressure: 29.99 in 1015 hPa (Falling).
14:11 ashimema oh.. caits back
14:11 cait yeah, meetings
14:11 ashimema been quiet here without you cait.
14:11 cait so you are saying I talk all the time?
14:11 cait ;)
14:13 ashimema hehe..
14:13 ashimema no more than me ;)
14:28 Oak joined #koha
14:28 * Oak waves
14:29 Oak @wunder islamabad
14:29 huginn Oak: The current temperature in Islamabad, Pakistan is 28.0°C (7:00 PM PKT on May 08, 2014). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 51%. Dew Point: 17.0°C. Pressure: 29.74 in 1007 hPa (Rising).
14:34 rambutan hey Oak
14:35 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentia
14:35 huginn tcohen: Error: No such location could be found.
14:35 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
14:35 huginn tcohen: The current temperature in Bo Alto de San Martin, Cordoba City, Argentina is 18.0°C (11:35 AM ART on May 08, 2014). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 78%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 30.33 in 1027 hPa (Steady).
14:36 tcohen @wunder SACO
14:36 huginn tcohen: The current temperature in Cordoba, Argentina is 16.0°C (11:00 AM ART on May 08, 2014). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 88%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 30.33 in 1027 hPa (Steady).
14:39 oleonard @wunder 45701
14:39 huginn oleonard: The current temperature in Windy Ridge, Athens, Ohio is 25.1°C (10:39 AM EDT on May 08, 2014). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 57%. Dew Point: 16.0°C. Pressure: 30.14 in 1020 hPa (Rising).
14:47 Oak hello rambutan :)
14:50 barton hey, I have a utility script that I'm thinking about writing... I want a script that I can supply an itemnumber and an overdue status to, and it will check sysprefs and circ rules and automatically set the due date on the item.
14:51 barton That would make testing notices *so* much easier.
14:52 barton I don't suppose that I would be lucky enough that someone else has already written such a beast, eh?
14:55 cait hm not sure i understand how that would workß
14:55 cait hm the use case i mean
14:55 cait barton: what i do is backdate issues
14:56 cait not sure what an overdue status would be
15:03 rambutan barton: check w/ druthb
15:04 francharb hi
15:04 francharb Is there a way to block holds on biblio if you have checkout AND available items?
15:05 barton cait -- the goal is to trigger a given notification, e.g. 'All libraries'/'DUEDGST' or 'Slushy Grove'/'ODUE'. -- Given an item that is checked out to a patron that *could* trigger a given notice, I would like a script that would look up the right information and backdate the issue appropriately, so that the next time I run overdue.pl or advance_notices.pl, the notice would be generated.
15:05 barton ^^^ I'm using the word 'trigger' loosely here.
15:05 cait currently not - there was a bug/patch tryintg to, but the developer gave up on it
15:06 nengard joined #koha
15:06 francharb cait, did you answer barton or my question?
15:06 francharb :)
15:06 cait i tried ansering yours
15:06 francharb thanks! I wasnt sure
15:06 cait i thik the question was if you can prevent holds if there is still an item on shelf that the user could get?
15:06 francharb and thats what I had in mind as well
15:07 tcohen yay! SSD for building debian packages :-D
15:07 cait yay:)
15:07 francharb cait, exactly
15:07 cait i think the problem is on how to make it work with other branches in the mix
15:07 cait probably not so hard for a single library
15:07 francharb true
15:07 cait it was from a french library it hink
15:09 cait hm or not
15:09 cait bug 6837
15:09 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6837 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, barry, Failed QA , When AllowOnShelfHolds is OFF then holds on records with available items should not be possible
15:09 francharb That's how I know it could have work and I didn't remember if it worked and if it was upstreamed for the community
15:10 francharb thanks for the answer
15:10 cait bug 1148
15:10 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1148 enhancement, P2, ---, chris, CLOSED FIXED, Patron image upload process should offer better instructions
15:10 cait bug 11481
15:10 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=11481 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha, BLOCKED , new reservation syspref HoldOnlyWhenAllItemsOnLoan
15:10 cait the last might be the one you remembered
15:18 chrisvella94 joined #koha
15:24 ashimema bet that makes a difference tcohen
15:24 ashimema I'm just running through your instructions for creating a repository as it happens.
15:26 tcohen ashimema: it does make a difference :-D
15:26 tcohen I'm glad the instructions serve its purpose!
15:26 ashimema it's not 'too' slow on my system. but I bet an SSD makes it fly
15:27 ashimema we're still very much at the early stages of working with packages..
15:27 ashimema it's an interesting endaevour
15:28 tcohen ashimema: let me know any trouble you face
15:28 * liw hears packages being mentioned
15:28 tcohen hi liw, great piece of information # your email
15:28 liw thank you
15:29 ashimema we're just running up against a number of small bugs regarding how we normally configure stuff..
15:29 tcohen ashimema: example?
15:29 wahanui it has been said that example is probably a status change
15:29 ashimema like we've been using DOM + ICU for years now. but ICU is not default as far as I'm aware, and DOM has only just become default..
15:29 tcohen liw: do u have any opinion on launchpad build service (aka PPA)
15:30 ashimema we also, often customise zebra a little (mostly with stuff that's een submitted, but not yet accepted upstream).. and not having simple customisation epr instance yet is a bit of a bain.
15:30 liw tcohen, not really; I don't use it, but I know rangi uses it to build packages of one my personal projects for Ubuntu, and it works well for that
15:30 tcohen i found an interesting difference with how we do things in Koha
15:30 ashimema liw++ for packages and general awesomeness..
15:31 ashimema take it you've relied to those involved in the repo names debate now.
15:31 tcohen launchpad expects you provide a set of patches to be applied when building for a specific target
15:31 ashimema tcohen.. elaborate?
15:31 tcohen on the other hand, we try to have a set of scripts that work on every environment
15:32 tcohen that's a different approach
15:32 ashimema mixed conversations there me thinks.
15:36 tcohen I was mentioning liw something I saw it is handled in a different way we do
15:37 tcohen we expect our maintenance scripts, debian/rules, etc to work on several environments
15:37 tcohen people build for different environments providing patches for each
15:37 ashimema yeah, that's different.
15:38 ashimema did the conversation about repository names ever happen..
15:38 ashimema i.e it's still squeeze at the moment.. that conversation?
15:38 cait maybe you could bring it up on the list again - or call for a meeting discussing it? put it on agenda for dev meeting?
15:39 ashimema I konw liw was going to reply to the email thread.. but i've not seen a reply as yet.. but then.. my emials skills of late have been lacking.
15:40 liw ashimema, I started a new thread, and my mail didn't go through to the list, so tcohen forwarded it for me
15:40 liw ashimema, http://lists.koha-community.or[…]April/040483.html
15:45 ashimema brill, thanks liw.. I probably recieved it then.. just missed it in the mass of mail i'm getting at the moment.
15:52 liw ashimema, I know that feeling quite well
15:53 tcohen liw, I'll soon experiment with the package renaming approach
15:54 liw tcohen, nice
15:54 tcohen and see what can launchpad automate for us regarding the different targets building
15:54 tcohen (at least for testing purposes)
15:54 ashimema tcohen.. any chance you could glance your eye over 12216. I'm sure i've probably missed some things, and you seem pretty adept at packaging patches now ;)
16:04 cait bye bbl
16:04 cait left #koha
16:07 ashimema That's all excellent advice liw, thanks.
16:46 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 9723: display time due for hourly loans in the public catalog <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]a5dde327f8d17b13f> / Bug 4068: (follow-up) use URI::Escape <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]ec8286c3eff574782> / Bug 4068: ensure accepting a suggestion does not hide the 'pending' tab <http://git.koha-community.org/gi
16:46 jenkins_koha Starting build #1749 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
16:54 cait joined #koha
17:24 nengard joined #koha
17:34 tcohen we need a RMaint / RM / QA dashboard
17:37 ashimema don't forget MMaint ;)
17:37 ashimema what are you wanting in such a dashboard..
17:50 tcohen keep track of stuff you already saw, what would u do with it
17:50 tcohen taking private notes/thoughts on them
18:51 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1749: SUCCESS in 2 hr 7 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1749/
18:51 jenkins_koha * Robin Sheat: Bug 9048 - fix quote editor under Plack
18:51 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 12198: remove unnecessary call to GetMemberIssuesAndFines from guarantor search
18:51 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 12198: (code cleanup) remove unused variables, tidy code
18:51 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 12198: (follow-up) fix warning when opening guarantor search form
18:51 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 12196 - Remove unused jquery.qtip.js plugin
18:51 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9048 major, P5 - low, ---, robin, Pushed to Master , Quote editor does not work under Plack
18:51 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 12195 - Remove duplicated plugin jquery.dataTables.min.js
18:51 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 4068: ensure accepting a suggestion does not hide the 'pending' tab
18:51 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=12198 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Guarantor search makes incorrect and unnecessary call to GetMemberIssuesAndFines
18:51 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 4068: (follow-up) use URI::Escape
18:51 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 9723: display time due for hourly loans in the public catalog
18:51 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=12196 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Remove unused jquery.qtip.js plugin
18:51 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=12195 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Remove duplicated plugin jquery.dataTables.min.js
18:51 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4068 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Accepting a suggestion hides 'pending' tab
18:51 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9723 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Hourly loans don't show time due in OPAC
19:27 tgoat joined #koha
19:49 meliss joined #koha
20:06 rangi @later tell tcohen i used to build koha packages with the ppa, gained us nothing really, as they are always _all anyway and the debian packages work fine on ubuntu (we dont have a bunch of C in koha that needs to be compiled for different architectures) it ended up effectively a splinter, best to keep it in one place
20:06 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
20:08 tgoat_ joined #koha
20:14 cait mornin rangi
20:15 rangi hi cait
20:26 barton I have a koha mechanics question -- what happens when I click on the 'Renew or return checked items' button on the moremember.pl? I presume that I'm going to end up hitting C4::Circulation::AddReturn() at some point, but I can't tell how I get there.
20:28 rangi <form action="/cgi-bin/koha/reserve/renewscript.pl" method="post" class="checkboxed">
20:29 rangi it calls that script
20:29 barton thanks rangi!
20:34 talljoy joined #koha
20:35 rangi http://library.nzica.com/infor[…]ofessional/#/all/  <-- what you can do with koha reports + angularjs
20:36 gmcharlt nice
20:37 cait so pretty too
20:51 mike__ joined #koha
20:53 kmlussier1 left #koha
21:19 barton @seen mr
21:19 huginn barton: I have not seen mr.
21:19 barton nuts.
21:19 barton @seen mrenvoize
21:19 huginn barton: mrenvoize was last seen in #koha 8 weeks, 0 days, 12 hours, 3 minutes, and 48 seconds ago: <mrenvoize> don't we all wahanui
21:20 barton aroo?
21:21 barton where'd he go?
21:22 cait it's late here :)
21:22 cait probably to bed
21:22 cait 23:22
21:22 barton cait: 8 weeks ago?
21:23 cait yeah that#s a bit odd
21:23 cait he was here
21:23 barton ok, that's good...
21:24 cait oh right
21:24 cait wrong nick
21:24 barton I'm not in #koha every day, and I don't keep *that* close track on people's comings and goings, but I think I woulda noticed an 8 week gap ;-)
21:24 cait ashimema
21:24 wahanui rumour has it ashimema is on qa now .)
21:25 barton oh, foo.
21:26 barton well ... I guess that I had better send my last @later to the *right* nick ;-)
21:30 kathryn_ joined #koha
21:41 subzero joined #koha
21:41 lolo joined #koha
21:42 kathryn_ joined #koha
21:43 edveal joined #koha
21:44 trea joined #koha
22:46 bshum joined #koha
23:10 pianohacker joined #koha
23:10 papa joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary