IRC log for #koha, 2014-04-22

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:15 eythian @later tell cait bug 10782 is fine, bug 10942 already has my dirty fingerprints all over it.
00:15 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
02:05 wizzyrea has anyone ever experienced a situation where a record merge nukes the original record?
02:06 wizzyrea as in, leaves it utterly empty
02:07 wizzyrea eythian: do you have a preference about apache admin email addresses (regarding NZICA) I'm happy to grab that one and do whatever to it.
02:07 wizzyrea 223295
02:07 eythian wrong channel :)
02:07 wizzyrea well yes, it sure is.
02:07 wizzyrea curses.
02:25 mtompset (homer simpson swears)
02:26 BobB wizzyrea, I am glad I am not the only one who does that :)
02:44 wizzyrea :)
02:44 wizzyrea it's been [30] days since you last accidentally typed your password into a public IRC channel
02:46 dcook hehe
02:48 jcamins *******
02:48 jcamins Argh!
02:49 eythian what's hunter2, jcamins?
02:49 jcamins wizzyrea: I learned something important about the oatmeal coconut chocolate chip cookies.
02:49 jcamins eythian: I love the way seven asterisks is pronounced "hunter2."
02:49 jcamins wizzyrea: they don't scale up terribly well.
02:51 wizzyrea hmmm that doesn't actually surprise me
02:51 jcamins wizzyrea: in *hindsight* it doesn't surprise me either.
02:51 wizzyrea what was the difficulty?
02:51 jcamins Sadly once you've multiplied the recipe by "lots," it's a bit too late to realize you can't do that.
02:52 jcamins The consistency is all weird. The oats don't soak up the milk in the same way.
02:52 * wizzyrea senses a metaphor here
02:52 jcamins lol
02:52 jcamins In my defense, I use that recipe all the time.
02:52 wizzyrea yeah, it's a fantastic cookie.
02:53 jcamins What I should've done was added less milk than the increase would've suggested.
02:53 wizzyrea spud's been way into lemon flavoured essence lately, so I've been making many lemon sugar cookies
02:53 jcamins So instead of 45 g, 30g.
02:53 wizzyrea well or only double/triple instead of say, quadruple
02:53 wizzyrea milk is weird in recipes sometimes
02:53 jcamins Heh. Yeah, maybe.
02:54 wizzyrea double usually works ok
02:54 * eythian wonders how many lemon sugar cookies providing a maybe-working emergency keyboard is worth...;)
02:54 wizzyrea OOH!
02:54 wizzyrea yes!
02:54 * wizzyrea plans a delivery
02:54 jcamins What happened to your keyboard?
02:54 wizzyrea not my keyboard
02:54 jcamins Oh, silly question. Lemon and sugar.
02:54 wizzyrea and the kb works afaict :)
02:55 eythian ah cool
02:55 eythian I guess it's had months to dry out
02:55 wizzyrea (though I haven't had direct experience with it)
02:55 wizzyrea I dropped a phone in a toilet once, it was ok after about a week.
02:55 wizzyrea I wasn't so keen on putting it near my face though :P
02:55 eythian that didn't happen here. I think it was a bottle of water falling into it.
02:55 wizzyrea thank heavens.
02:56 * wizzyrea did not realise you had an especial love of lemon cookies
02:56 wizzyrea or maybe you just like cookies, which is fair enough
02:56 eythian I'm not a buscuit bigot.
02:57 wizzyrea buscuit.
02:57 eythian I make no promises of spelling.
02:58 wizzyrea you spelled it how it's said here ;)
02:58 wizzyrea actually this weekend spud went all sorts of crazy, and made raspberry lemon sugar cookies
02:58 wizzyrea a few of them had half chocolate eggs on them.
02:58 jcamins wizzyrea: wow.
02:59 jcamins That sounds *awesome*.
02:59 wizzyrea yeah, I'm just spud's sous chef at this point
02:59 wizzyrea he says "we should make..." and I get the stuff
02:59 jcamins :)
02:59 jcamins That's awesome!
03:00 wizzyrea it's better now that he actually wants to hang out and help ^.^
03:00 wizzyrea and has the dexterity and stuff to be useful
03:35 cait joined #koha
03:36 chrisvella94 joined #koha
03:48 * cait waves
03:49 dcook yo cait!
03:50 eythian go back to bed, cait.
03:50 eythian wah<Tab>...damn
03:51 wahanui joined #koha
03:51 cait heh
03:51 cait i can't
03:51 eythian wahanui: free hugs is
03:51 wahanui OK, eythian.
03:51 eythian cait: why not?
03:51 cait first day back at work... my plan is to get there and read all the mail before anyone else does ;)
03:52 eythian but if they read it first, they might deal with it first.
03:52 cait nah, just want some quiet time to sort out what happened while i was gone
03:53 eythian everything caught on fire?
03:53 cait got no call, i guess it's all fine
03:54 nc-th joined #koha
04:20 nc-th Hi everyone.. We just found out that LinkerModule option set to "default" would create duplication in the authority records. Now we have one word with many entries. To manually remove it would take ages. I wonder what is the best way to clear authority records?  I am using koha 3.08
04:21 nc-th Clear authority tables in the database?
04:21 * eythian points to jcamins
04:21 eythian sounds like his sort of question.
04:23 Rakesh joined #koha
04:23 eythian you might be able to remove them from authority tables, but the actual storage of them is a bit of a mystery to me.
04:28 Rakesh Is there any one who can help me installing koha
04:29 eythian wahanui: installing koha
04:29 wahanui installing koha is one thing. Doing development with it is something else.
04:29 eythian wahanui: packages
04:29 wahanui well, packages is at
04:29 eythian Rakesh: start there, perhaps
04:30 Rakesh i have cloned the liblime git repo
04:30 eythian liblime isn't koha
04:30 mtompset Rakesh: liblime is not koha.
04:30 Rakesh how can i install from that git repo
04:30 Rakesh sorry
04:30 Rakesh
04:30 Rakesh this one
04:30 wahanui this one is cool as long as someone *wants* acknowledgement
04:30 eythian yeah, that's not Koha
04:31 cait Rakesh: you want to start here:
04:31 cait and here packages?
04:32 cait packages?
04:32 wahanui i think packages is at
04:32 cait hm i should read back :)
04:32 mtompset install?
04:32 wahanui install is done yet
04:32 mtompset installation?
04:32 wahanui installation is, like, running a modified 3.6.x
04:32 mtompset eythian: That's old. :P
04:32 mtompset ubuntu packages?
04:33 cait Rakesh: liblime is a fork of the software, we don't support it in this channel or on the mailing lists
04:33 Rakesh ok
04:33 Rakesh so  i have to use debian package?
04:33 Rakesh can't i use git repo to install and do some development here?
04:33 eythian you don't have to, but it's the easiest way to get started.
04:34 eythian you can do that too
04:34 eythian though, the packages will help you get started
04:34 eythian as it can provide all the dependencies.
04:34 Rakesh yeah i can understand that
04:35 eythian in particular, there's a koha-perldeps package that'll give you all the modules you need.
04:35 Rakesh but it would be super nice, if you guys can help me installing git repo?
04:35 mtompset I personally like Ubuntu, but Debian is the recommended OS.
04:35 mtompset[…]a_on_ubuntu_-_git
04:35 eythian Rakesh: the instructions are on the wiki page linked above.
04:35 eythian
04:35 mtompset Read the Debian page first. If you get confused, then read the Ubuntu one. ;)
04:36 Rakesh thanks
04:36 Rakesh let me follow it
04:36 mtompset Because last I checked, the ubuntu instructions worked under Debian, if you had sudo installed and configured. :)
04:36 Rakesh will come back when i have issue
04:36 Rakesh nice i am using debian
04:36 Rakesh :)
04:44 mtompset @later tell tcohen Any suggestions on how to fix bug 11592's t/db_dependent/Biblio.t, since bug 11912 forced the need for a rebase? My test-fu is not as strong as yours.
04:44 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
05:06 mtompset Have a great day (24 hour period), #koha.
05:29 cait1 joined #koha
05:48 cait1 left #koha
06:01 irma joined #koha
06:12 laurence joined #koha
06:33 mtj hey peeps, do zebrasrv processes start on boot, for 'disabled' kohas?
06:36 sophie_m joined #koha
06:37 cait joined #koha
06:37 cait hola #koha
06:38 ashimema joined #koha
06:38 * dcook waves
06:38 cait hi dcook - go home!
06:39 dcook It's only 4:39pm :)
06:41 khall joined #koha
06:54 reiveune joined #koha
06:54 reiveune hello
06:57 alex_a joined #koha
06:58 alex_a bonjour
06:58 wahanui bonjour, alex_a
07:02 khall joined #koha
07:03 mtj bonjour alex_a , reiveune , dcook , cait
07:04 reiveune hi mtj
07:04 mtj peeps, if you 'disabled' a koha, via the packages… would you expect that koha's zebra to be still running… or not?
07:05 mtj is this a bug, or a feature? :p
07:05 paul_p joined #koha
07:06 cait mtj: dunno :)
07:06 mtj on a reboot, no 'disabled' kohas have their zebras started...
07:07 mtj …but 'disabling' a koha, leaves it's zebra still running
07:07 mtj feels like a bug to me
07:08 cait hm mtj
07:09 cait mtj: i have a request :)
07:09 mtj sure thing, cait
07:09 cait i am looking for someone to qa 2 packages related bugs
07:09 cait bug 10782
07:09 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10782 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Signed Off , Add a koha-mysqlcheck script
07:09 cait bug 10942
07:09 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10942 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , Provide a way for package upgrades to update template translations
07:10 alex_a_ joined #koha
07:10 mtj cool, i'll take a look on those two cait
07:10 cait that'd be awesome
07:11 cait we only got until monday - 28th is feature freeze
07:12 nc-th left #koha
07:15 mtj woah, time flies
07:15 cait yeah indeed :(
07:17 mtj hmm, that reminds me, i still need to sign-off 2 bugs for mtompset...
07:19 mtj hmm, perhaps the 'disabled' thing isnt a bug, after all - just expected behaviour
07:19 mtj i see 'enabling' a koha doesn't start its zebra
07:24 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:24 gaetan_B hello
07:24 cait hi gaetan_B
07:35 cait hm no marcelr
08:39 paxed oh ffs.
08:39 paxed translation broke opacuserjs in bootstrap for finnish.
08:40 paxed what's the best way to get that fixed asap?
08:45 cait not sure what broke it
08:45 cait and how it's broken?
08:51 paxed it'll be fixed once bug 11631 is committed.
08:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11631 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, pasi.kallinen, Needs Signoff , Make translation toolchain ignore useless translatable strings
08:51 paxed the translation is broken because msgstr "%s/%s/%s" - those forward slashes mess up the javascript.
09:23 cait hm
09:23 cait i haven't run into that so far
09:23 cait i think adding a comment woudl be the first step
09:32 cait paxed: ah sorry, misread... first day back at work, too many emails
09:37 ashimema mornin' #koha
09:37 ashimema mornin cait, pazed
09:37 ashimema mornin cait, paxed
09:38 cait morning ashimema :)
09:43 paxed cait: heh, yeah. anyway, the translation in the finnish po-file is wrong and messes it up, but that bug will make that (and other) translatable string go away, so it gets "fixed"
09:44 cait :)
09:44 cait i think lots of good work going into i18n lately
09:45 cait lots of it still waiting for sign offs... *hint* ;)
09:45 sophie_m joined #koha
09:47 paxed sure, if i had time - we should be in production in 1.5 months, so concentrating getting our version working like our users want. eg. bug 12072 works for us, but may never get into master.
09:48 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12072 major, P5 - low, ---, pasi.kallinen, Signed Off , New dateformat
09:49 cait i'd not say never
09:50 cait but the problem really is we need to get the koha::Dateutils / C4::Dates thing resolved
09:50 cait personally I would really like to see that - but similar to you, i never had much time to spend :(
09:50 ashimema there's a fair number of things like that..
09:50 paxed ok, i'll say "it won't get in master in time for us, because we need it _now_ not in a year or so"
09:51 ashimema that really need a good fixing.. but no-one has the time to do it
09:51 cait i put a notion to deprecate C4::Dates officially on the agenda
09:51 paxed also i'm feeling low on tuits when i feel everything will just get marked as "failed qa"
09:51 cait we also need to communicate such things better
09:51 ashimema it's still worth pursuing pazed.. if it gets in in a year.. then your upgrade in a year will be much easier ;)
09:54 paxed ashimema: sure, after we've been in production for few weeks and i've got more time. right now we're just trying to get Koha into a state where it won't be an utter failure from our users' viewpoint.
09:54 ashimema sounds good
09:54 ashimema good luck.
10:14 Joubu hello
10:14 wahanui kia ora, Joubu
10:19 cait wb Joubu
10:48 kivilahtio joined #koha
10:49 kivilahtio does anybody use
10:50 kivilahtio because it looks like it is not working
10:50 kivilahtio with current master
10:50 Joubu kivilahtio: using master, it should, see bug 11995
10:50 cait thereis a patch around to fix it
10:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11995 major, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to Master , Followup for Bug 7688 - FIX GetNextDate in
10:50 cait Joubu++ :)
10:50 kivilahtio oui
10:51 Joubu kivilahtio: oui, tu veux de l'eau ?
10:52 kivilahtio fe pete de l'eau
10:53 kivilahtio I still don't know what it means :)
10:57 kmlussier joined #koha
10:57 cait hi kmlussier
10:58 kmlussier left #koha
11:15 Callender joined #koha
11:31 cait khall: hm did the sign off from sophie_m get lost on bug 9593?
11:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9593 normal, P5 - low, ---, sophie.meynieux, Signed Off , Prices not imported correctly from a staged file
11:32 cait khall++
11:32 khall cait: looking into it
11:34 khall I suspect they removed Sophies signoff due to my failing qa on the patch and the need to rewrite it to make MungeMarcPrice pass the unit tests I uploaded
11:35 khall I would suggest you go ahead and qa it now.
11:35 cait i was afraid you would say something like that
11:35 cait not sure when i can get around to it - still have a lot of other things that I already started on
11:36 khall heh, it's not bad. The unit tests are pretty exaustive now.
11:36 cait unit_tests++
11:38 khall the only changes by the patch were to the subroutine itself, and the addition of ISO code to the currencies table. nothing crazy.
11:38 khall No need to test by uploading marc files or anything, since that hasn't changed at all
11:39 khall you can always throw some more tests in the unit test if you want to try out some more price field strings
11:40 cait I wonder if sophie_m would be willing to do another sign-off
11:41 cait then you coud pass qa
11:41 khall indeed. I don't think she can hear us though ; )
11:41 khall sophie_m: are you around?
11:42 cait logged in, but not seeing us :) maybe a bit later
11:42 khall @later tell sophie_m would you be willing to retest and sign off on bug 9593?
11:42 huginn khall: The operation succeeded.
11:47 cait :)
11:53 meliss joined #koha
12:17 NateC joined #koha
12:22 oleonard joined #koha
12:23 oleonard Hi everyone
12:27 francharb joined #koha
12:29 francharb monrning
12:32 tcohen joined #koha
12:36 kivilahtio gday
12:58 edveal joined #koha
13:02 oleonard Good morning morning people.
13:05 rambutan joined #koha
13:13 tcohen good morning oleonard
13:21 bgkriegel joined #koha
13:26 oleonard When adding an order to a basket why is there a line labeled "collection title?" The name of the form field is "series." What is it supposed to be?
13:27 cait i think i asked this question on a bug once
13:27 cait are oyu testing the missing fields in suggestions?
13:27 oleonard Yes, and I don't think I'm seeing the problem bgkriegel saw but I'm not sure
13:28 cait i think collection title might actually be series, you could check the marc field it's saved to
13:29 oleonard Saved to 440a
13:30 oleonard ...which is deprecated in MARC21 isn't it, in favor of 490?
13:32 cait hm i always confuse those
13:32 cait you could check the koha-2-marc-mapping
13:32 cait i think it might look it up there
13:32 cait but might indicate that collection title should actually be labelled series then?
13:33 oleonard I would think so
13:37 oleonard You're right about the mapping
13:38 cait oleonard: i feel like i wrote a comment about that some long time ago... hm.
13:39 tcohen is gitorious down?
13:40 oleonard http://www.downforeveryoneorju[…]com/
13:40 tcohen thanks oleonard
13:44 francharb joined #koha
13:46 collum joined #koha
13:47 francharb joined #koha
13:55 wajasu joined #koha
14:19 kivilahtio have you daemonized the sip2 server using daemon?
14:20 cait i thik the packages have commands specific to the sip server
14:20 cait i think we are using those now
14:20 kivilahtio ah yeah :)
14:21 kivilahtio cait: thanks, I'll go decompose the packages :)
14:28 kivilahtio erm the packages uses daemon as well. It looks like it doesn't fork more than one server. If I define min_servers = 3, in the SIPconfig.xml, I only get one daemonized server
14:29 cait kivilahtio: i think there wree some interesting mails on the mailinglist from oslo about this
14:29 cait about how it works, they load tested it and worried about some details, but it seemed in the end it ws working ok
14:30 cait[…]SIP2_server_setup
14:30 kivilahtio cait: yeah, but this damonization is another issue
14:30 cait[…].koha.devel/10760
14:33 kivilahtio doesn't make any difference for us tho, we have like 3 self-check machines :)
14:49 cait tcohen++
14:49 cait kivilahtio: we have more than 1 too
14:49 cait and it works with packages :)
14:49 kivilahtio cait: yeah I believe!
14:49 cait so maybe nothing to worry about?
14:49 rocio1 joined #koha
14:51 rocio1 left #koha
14:51 rocio1 joined #koha
14:51 cait kivilahtio: my coworker does take care of sip servers and everything on the server, the bits i know are from qa testing. somene else might know more
14:51 kivilahtio cait: thanks! I think this was enough to get me going. I am using the package scripts to convert sip2 servers as upstart jobs :) just what i was looking for
14:55 kivilahtio yeah got it :)
14:56 tgoat joined #koha
15:01 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 11646: fix untranslatable confirm popup in field 006 and 008 builders <[…]cd1c683c7825c8ae3> / Bug 11639: fix untranslatable strings in 007 builder <[…]9689638f565388025> / Bug 12117 - Remove unused image myshadow.png from the staff client <http://git.koh
15:01 reiveune bye
15:01 reiveune left #koha
15:06 kmlussier joined #koha
15:19 cait @later tell ashimema - just saw that you already signed off on the bug i was thinking about - will have to find another volunteer now :)
15:19 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
15:19 cait left #koha
15:50 tgoat joined #koha
15:50 francharb joined #koha
15:52 mtompset joined #koha
15:52 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
15:52 * wajasu waves
15:52 mtompset Greetings, wajasu. :)
15:53 francharb joined #koha
15:54 mtompset Greetings, francharb. :)
15:54 * francharb waves at mtompset
15:57 francharb joined #koha
15:58 * wajasu just logged onto old usenet newsgroups and also seach for any existing gopher servers out there for posterity
15:58 * mtompset grins.
15:58 mtompset What bug was that?
15:59 mtompset Ah yes...[…].cgi?id=6874#c205
15:59 huginn Bug 6874: enhancement, P3, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , File upload in MARC
15:59 mtompset eythian++ # gopher rocked. :)
16:00 francharb joined #koha
16:01 * wajasu those were the days. when if you wanted a web browser, you needed to compile NCSA's X version.
16:02 mtompset The University of Waterloo had X-terminals. *cringe* I remember getting them to play jingle bells by modifying the beep pitch. ;)
16:03 mtompset Never did get around to trying to synchronize multiple terminals to have them beep in harmony.
16:04 * wajasu to have multiple switchable windows, one would chain serial port A B C switches and turn a knob
16:07 oleonard mtompset: I don't understand the sorting comment you made on Bug 12105. If there is a reproducible bug can you please file a separate report?
16:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12105 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , Remove duplicated plugin jquery.dataTables.columnFilter.js
16:07 mtompset oleonard: 1 10 11 12 2
16:08 mtompset sorted as strings, not numerically.
16:08 francharb joined #koha
16:08 mtompset Does that make sense, oleonard?
16:09 oleonard Yes
16:09 mtompset That's the problem in that column.
16:11 pianohacker joined #koha
16:11 pianohacker good morning
16:13 * mtompset grins.
16:17 mtompset Greetings, pianohacker. :)
16:20 francharb joined #koha
16:30 francharb joined #koha
16:34 paul_p joined #koha
16:36 francharb joined #koha
16:38 francharb joined #koha
16:40 francharb joined #koha
16:44 francharb joined #koha
16:49 bgkriegel @later tell paxed For Bug 11631 to be committed it needs to be signed, Could you please take a look?
16:49 huginn bgkriegel: The operation succeeded.
17:50 pianohacker oleonard: I'm recompiling a .less file, and the flag seems to have changed from --yui-compress to --compress in the latest version of lessc
17:51 pianohacker updating the wiki page, but wanted to let you know
17:52 oleonard Okay thanks
18:04 pianohacker template toolkit help?
18:11 oleonard pianohacker: Are the square brackets around "hidelostitems" really there or is that just an example?
18:12 pianohacker ... they are. I assumed it would work like for qw for some silly reason, oleonard
18:12 oleonard Oh I see that's a syntax I wasn't familiar with
18:12 * pianohacker needs more sleep and less homework
18:14 mtompset Sleep is good.
18:16 laurence left #koha
18:48 oleonard Bug 11905 exists because someone today doesn't want the page to work the way someone in Dec. 2009 decided they *did* want the page to work.
18:48 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11905 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , when editing item, cursor is positioning in search box and not to item
18:48 oleonard Maybe we should just alternate every 5 years.
18:49 oleonard (Actually I think Bug 11905 should be fixed, that the change  made in 2009 was wrong). (Don't tell wizzyrea).
18:59 mtompset bgkriegel++ # thanks for the sign off. :)
19:00 * mtompset laughs, "Good one, oleonard."
19:06 cait joined #koha
19:11 oleonard cait: I don't understand Bug 12109
19:11 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12109 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Authority subfield configuration page for controlled fields is broken
19:12 cait sec
19:13 cait oleonard: let me check that again
19:14 cait oleonard: are you on authority types?
19:14 oleonard Yes
19:15 cait and then look at field 000 for geographic authority
19:15 cait edit it
19:15 cait there is an @tab on top, but the new tab is not on top, butat the bottom of th e page
19:16 oleonard Oh I see, that section at the bottom is supposed to be in its own tab. I didn't register that.
19:18 oleonard Thanks cait
19:18 cait np - thx for looking into it
19:18 cait just got home, but will be around in a bit
19:29 pianohacker cait: trying to remember stuff for bug 10486; what was the problem with links from the detail view? I don't see a link
19:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10486 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Needs Signoff , Allow external Z39.50 targets to be searched from the OPAC
19:29 cait pianohacker: hm the link was on a 773 field
19:30 cait but i guess there are others on authors and subjects?
19:30 pianohacker cait: I fixed the "Online Access" links
19:30 cait cool:) that was the worst bit
19:30 pianohacker cait: there was another problem though
19:31 pianohacker and I seem to have lost track of your notes in the chaos between sunday and today...
19:32 cait hm are they not on the bug?
19:32 cait sec
19:35 cait m
19:35 cait pm
19:38 pianohacker ahhhhh that was it
19:38 pianohacker thx
19:38 oleonard For some reason the authority types edit page only wants to show the tab "[% IF ( tagfield >=10 ) %]<!-- display new only for > 10 fields -->"
19:39 oleonard What does "display new only for > 10 fields" mean?
19:40 cait ah
19:40 cait i think only for fields bigger 010
19:40 cait because those below are control fields
19:40 cait only have @
19:40 cait one ta
19:40 cait b
19:41 oleonard So in the example you showed me there shouldn't be a "New" tab at all?
19:42 cait i guess so
19:42 cait i was not sure, i wasonly sure it shouldn't be below :)
20:02 mtompset Have a great day, #koha.
20:42 cait night #koha
20:42 cait left #koha
21:09 BobB joined #koha
21:55 Joubu left #koha
21:58 rhcl left #koha
22:26 eythian hi
23:11 dcook joined #koha
23:18 kmlussier joined #koha
23:20 pianohacker @later tell cait followup for bug 10486
23:20 huginn pianohacker: The operation succeeded.
23:21 pianohacker eythian: come to think of it, I wanted to ask you a question about packaging pazpar2 for that bug
23:22 eythian bug 10486
23:22 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10486 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Needs Signoff , Allow external Z39.50 targets to be searched from the OPAC
23:22 pianohacker how hard would it be to get pazpar2 back into the packages?
23:23 eythian I have no idea
23:23 eythian does it not have its own packages?
23:23 pianohacker eythian: It does
23:24 pianohacker eythian: The main question is the config files; from what I saw, the debian package stuff didn't have any provision to install/configure the koha pazpar2 configuration files
23:24 pianohacker (because there's been no reason to until now)
23:25 eythian I can't find anything relating to pazpar in debian, is it required to get it from indexdata?
23:25 eythian anyway, it depends on what the configuration needs.
23:25 pianohacker eythian: it is unfortunately only in the indexdata repositories
23:26 pianohacker eythian: it's just some xml files that need to be installed, and a daemon that uses them. How painful would that be for me or someone else to add?
23:26 eythian that's not the end of the world, just that we can't do a hard depends on it (unless we start doing our own builds.)
23:27 eythian dropping files in is trivial. The daemon would best be integrated with the koha-common init script perhaps, in a similar way to how SIP works.
23:27 eythian actually, also how starman is done in the plack stuff, but that's hard to see as it's not in a koha repo anywhere at the moment.
23:27 eythian wahanui: plackify
23:27 wahanui eythian: i'm not following you...
23:27 eythian wahanui: plack
23:27 wahanui Plack is a FastCGI thingy that works with Koha. See for more information.
23:28 eythian wahanui: plackify is
23:28 wahanui OK, eythian.
23:29 pianohacker eythian: cool, okay. Thanks much
23:36 kmlussier left #koha
23:38 larryb joined #koha
23:39 pianohacker @seen dpk
23:39 huginn pianohacker: dpk was last seen in #koha 7 weeks, 5 days, 17 hours, 18 minutes, and 54 seconds ago: <dpk> anyone here familiar with vendors in acquisitions?
23:39 larryb @seen gmcharlt
23:39 huginn larryb: gmcharlt was last seen in #koha 1 day, 6 hours, 25 minutes, and 16 seconds ago: <gmcharlt> also, eliminating deps introduced by rarely used code is a Good Thing
23:45 larryb @later tell gmcharlt Please PM me when you get a chance. I'd like to talk to you briefly about Bug 11078. Thanks.
23:45 huginn larryb: The operation succeeded.
23:45 larryb left #koha
23:46 papa joined #koha
23:53 tgoat_ joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary