IRC log for #koha, 2013-11-06

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:23 manny joined #koha
01:04 bgkriegel joined #koha
01:05 bgkriegel Hi #koha
01:09 * mtj waves to bernardo :)
01:11 eythian hey, anyone know how to make it so that a hold can be applied to a biblio that has no items?
01:14 mtj eythian, that might be impossible, even ? :/
01:14 eythian I'd be surprised, but at the same time I can't find any obvious syspref for it.
01:15 mtj i was expecting some 'print $error if $items == 0' situation
01:40 oleonard joined #koha
01:42 oleonard Hi again #koha
01:43 eythian hi oleonard.
01:43 eythian oleonard: you may know: <eythian> hey, anyone know how to make it so that a hold can be applied to a biblio that has no items?
01:43 oleonard As far as I know you can't. There has to be an item.
01:44 oleonard We have to add dummy items to on-order titles just so that holds can be placed on them before the actual items arrive.
01:44 eythian OK
01:45 edveal joined #koha
01:48 edveal hi #koha
01:54 edveal the general meeting is at the top of the hour right?
01:55 * oleonard believes so
01:55 edveal Just checking, thanks oleonard
01:57 joels68 joined #koha
01:58 cait joined #koha
01:58 * oleonard scolds cait and sends her back to bed
01:59 cait hm?
01:59 oleonard cait it's past your bedtime!
01:59 BobB_ hello
01:59 cait iam just upearly
01:59 joels68 Hello everyone
02:00 eythian cait: didn't you just go to bed about 15 minutes ago?
02:01 gmcharlt howdy
02:01 BobB_ hi joels68
02:01 gmcharlt who is running this meeting?
02:01 JD__ joined #koha
02:02 * edveal not it
02:02 * cait suggests someone who is more awake
02:02 oleonard Smeller's the feller.
02:02 gmcharlt I'll do it, then
02:02 gmcharlt #startmeeting General IRC meeting, 6 November 2013
02:02 huginn Meeting started Wed Nov  6 02:02:40 2013 UTC.  The chair is gmcharlt. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
02:02 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
02:02 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting, 6 November 2013)
02:02 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting__6_november_2013'
02:02 gmcharlt #info Agenda is at http://wiki.koha-community.org[…],_6_November_2013
02:03 gmcharlt #topic Introductions
02:03 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
02:03 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting, 6 November 2013)
02:03 BobB_ Bob Birchall, Calyx Australia
02:03 gmcharlt #info gmcharlt = Galen Charton, Equinox Software, Inc.
02:03 BobB_ sorry
02:03 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ Germany
02:03 bgkriegel #info Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel, Córdoba Argentina
02:03 edveal #info Ed Veal w/ ByWater Solutions
02:03 BobB_ #info Bob Birchall, Calyx Australia
02:03 rhcl #info rhcl = Greg Lawson, Rolling Hills Consolidated Library
02:03 eythian #info Robin Sheat, Catalyst IT
02:03 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries
02:04 joels68 #info Joel Sasse Plum Creek Library System MN USA
02:04 khall #info Kyle Hall, ByWater Solutions
02:05 mtj #info, Mason James, NZ
02:06 clintD joined #koha
02:06 davidnind joined #koha
02:06 gmcharlt ok - latecomers can continue to introduce themselves
02:07 gmcharlt #topic Announcement
02:07 Topic for #koha is now Announcement (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting, 6 November 2013)
02:07 clintD #info clintD
02:07 gmcharlt #info 3.14 beta is out; folks are encouraged to test
02:07 gmcharlt any other announcements?
02:07 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
02:08 gmcharlt going once
02:08 gmcharlt going twice
02:08 Bruce_ joined #koha
02:08 gmcharlt #topic Update on Koha 3.8
02:08 Topic for #koha is now Update on Koha 3.8 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting, 6 November 2013)
02:09 gmcharlt #info Koha 3.8.19 was released on 29 October 2013
02:09 gmcharlt clrh_: around? any further update?
02:09 BobB_ #info there is a volunteer to continue as RMaint for 3.8
02:09 cait cjh: ?
02:10 gmcharlt cait++ # oops
02:10 gmcharlt BobB_: not officially, yet.  Paul A. has discussed doing so on koha-devel but has not to date put his name on the wiki
02:10 cjh cait: I am not yet sure if I will continue on as rmaint.
02:10 johnbljr joined #koha
02:11 BobB_ ok
02:11 gmcharlt OK, moving on
02:11 gmcharlt #topic Update on 3.10
02:11 Topic for #koha is now Update on 3.10 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting, 6 November 2013)
02:12 bgkriegel All well on 3.10, no news. Last release a litle bit late, waiting for 3.12
02:12 gmcharlt bgkriegel++
02:12 gmcharlt charging forward
02:12 gmcharlt #topic Update on 3.12
02:12 Topic for #koha is now Update on 3.12 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting, 6 November 2013)
02:13 Bruce_ #info Bruce Metcalf, Augustan Society
02:13 gmcharlt #info 3.12.6 released on 28 October 2013
02:13 gmcharlt I don't see tcohen here, so moving on
02:13 gmcharlt #topic Update on 3.14
02:13 Topic for #koha is now Update on 3.14 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting, 6 November 2013)
02:13 gmcharlt #info 3.14 beta is available for testing
02:14 cait gmcharlt++
02:14 bgkriegel gmcharlt++
02:14 gmcharlt #action All the people will test the beta
02:14 joels68 #agreed
02:15 gmcharlt #info gmcharlt will branch 3.14.x later this week, thereby allowing enhancements to continue to go into master
02:15 gmcharlt any questions for me?
02:15 bgkriegel no more string changes?
02:15 drojf joined #koha
02:16 gmcharlt bgkriegel: no more string changes for 3.14.x, correct
02:16 bgkriegel ok then
02:16 drojf good morning #koha
02:16 gmcharlt bgkriegel: will there be any problem for you to switch branches from master to 3.14.x for Pootle?
02:17 bgkriegel not at all
02:17 gmcharlt great
02:17 cait bgkriegel++ :)
02:17 drojf #info Mirko Tietgen, Berlin, late
02:18 gmcharlt ok, moving on
02:18 gmcharlt #topic Elections for 3.16
02:18 Topic for #koha is now Elections for 3.16 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting, 6 November 2013)
02:18 gmcharlt #info List of roles and candidates proposed for 3.16 is at http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]ki/Roles_for_3.16
02:19 gmcharlt OK, so, I guess let's do this
02:19 gmcharlt I'll start from the bottom of the page up
02:19 gmcharlt so, Chad Roseburg has volunteered to be Newletter Editor, and Joanne Dillon has volunteered to assist
02:20 gmcharlt floor is open: please indicate your position with +1, 0, or -1
02:20 oleonard +1
02:20 davidnind +1
02:20 cait +1
02:20 drojf +1
02:20 bgkriegel +1
02:20 khall +1
02:20 Bruce_ 0
02:20 eythian +1
02:20 edveal +1
02:20 joels68 +1
02:20 BobB_ +1
02:20 clintD +1
02:21 gmcharlt +1
02:21 gmcharlt #agreed Chad Roseburg is elected Newsletter Editor, with Joanne Dillon assisting
02:21 gmcharlt next up
02:21 gmcharlt Samuell Dasseaux has volunteered to be a meeting chair
02:21 gmcharlt he's located in France, so presumably will cover the UTC+10:00 timeslot
02:22 gmcharlt floor is open for voting
02:22 JDatTeTakere joined #koha
02:22 oleonard +1
02:22 davidnind +1
02:22 bgkriegel +1
02:22 edveal +1
02:22 joels68 +1
02:22 BobB_ +1
02:22 oleonard JDatTeTakere you just missed being elected official assistant to the newsletter editor
02:22 khall +1
02:22 drojf +1
02:22 cait +1
02:22 oleonard It was a glorious victory
02:23 gmcharlt +1
02:23 BobB_ :)
02:23 gmcharlt #agreed Samuel Desseaux elected as a meeting chair
02:23 gmcharlt next up, bug wranglers
02:23 gmcharlt Joanne Dillon and Chris Cormack have volunteered to serve in this capacity
02:23 gmcharlt floor is open for voting
02:23 oleonard +1
02:23 khall +1
02:23 drojf +1
02:24 edveal +1
02:24 eythian +1
02:24 davidnind +1
02:24 bgkriegel +1
02:24 cait +1
02:24 joels68 +1
02:24 BobB_ +1
02:24 BobB_ #idea Is there any controversy about any nomination?  Should we take them as a set?
02:24 gmcharlt BobB_: good question, hold on a second
02:24 gmcharlt #agreed Joanne Dillon and Chris Cormack elected as bug wrangler
02:25 * oleonard votes for all the things
02:25 khall we could vote on voting for the set
02:25 gmcharlt OK, adopting BobB_'s idea, I'll put the question
02:25 gmcharlt +1, 0, or -1 for adopting the remaining project position proposals as per http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]i/Roles_for_3.16?
02:25 khall +1
02:25 joels68 +1
02:25 edveal +1
02:25 BobB_ +1
02:25 Bruce_ +1
02:25 oleonard +1
02:26 davidnind +1
02:26 bgkriegel +1
02:26 cait +1
02:26 eythian +1
02:26 drojf +1
02:27 gmcharlt +1
02:27 * gmcharlt will hold the floor open for two more minutes in case anybody wants to express an objection
02:28 gmcharlt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Obmnz_1hZk
02:29 cait :)
02:29 gmcharlt OK, the two minutes are up, so I'm calling the result
02:29 oleonard For thornier issues there's this version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTyN-vvFIkE
02:29 gmcharlt please bear with me as I do a bunch of #agreeds
02:30 gmcharlt #agreed Samuel Desseaux elected as VM manager
02:30 gmcharlt #agreed Robin Sheat elected as packaging manager
02:30 gmcharlt #agreed Jared Camins-Esakov elected as module maintainer for authorities
02:30 gmcharlt #agreed Kyle Hall elected as module maintainer for holds
02:30 gmcharlt #agreed Tomas Cohen Arazi elected as module maintainer for the Debian scripts
02:31 gmcharlt #aggree Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel elected as release maintainer for 3.10.x
02:31 gmcharlt #agreed Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel elected as release maintainer for 3.10.x
02:31 AndroUser joined #koha
02:31 gmcharlt #agreed Tomas Cohen Arazi elected as release maintainer for 3.12.x
02:31 gmcharlt #agreed Fridolyn Somers elected as release maintainer for 3.14.x
02:32 gmcharlt #agreed Ruth Bavousett, Kyle Hall, Paul Polain, Martin Renvoize, Marcel de Rooy, and Jonathan Druart elected as members of the QA team
02:32 gmcharlt #agreed Katrin Fischer elected as QA manager
02:32 gmcharlt #agreed Joy Nelson elected as database documentation manger, with Samuel Desseaux assisting
02:33 gmcharlt #agreed Nicole Engard elected as documentation manager
02:33 gmcharlt #agreed Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel elected as translation manager
02:33 gmcharlt #agreed Galen Charlton elected as release manager
02:33 cait gmcharlt++ :)
02:34 gmcharlt my fingers have now filed a petition to secede from the union
02:34 gmcharlt ;)
02:34 khall indeed!
02:34 BobB_ congratulations to everyone on that list :)
02:34 JD_take_2 joined #koha
02:34 oleonard Especially those who hold office for the first time! Welcome!
02:35 gmcharlt the position of 3.8.x release maintainer is unfilled.  given that there is some interest from folks to continue that branch, I propose that we postpone the question of whether to fill that role to the December IRC meeting
02:35 cait +1
02:35 BobB_ +1
02:35 joels68 +1
02:36 Bruce_ +1
02:36 oleonard +1
02:36 crose Hello, this is chad roseburg. I missed the voting, but am here to discuss the fate of the newsletter if anyone is interested
02:36 drojf +1
02:36 khall +1
02:36 davidnind +1
02:36 bgkriegel +1
02:36 gmcharlt crose: your election as newsletter editor has been confirmed, by the way
02:36 BobB_ crose, you have been elected Newsletter editor, congratulations!
02:36 cait congrats :)
02:37 joels68 Here here!!
02:37 crose Sounds good. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks!
02:37 BobB_ and you have an assistant - JD from NZ
02:37 gmcharlt #agreed whether to continue the 3.8.x branch and elected an rmaint for it to be decided by the December IRC meeting
02:37 crose Glad to have help. I have a baby on the way any day now
02:37 cait congrats again :)
02:38 gmcharlt crose++ # increaing the number of future Koha hackers ;)
02:38 crose Thanks
02:38 crose And hack we will
02:38 oleonard We need a gallery of Koha babies somewhere.
02:38 dpk1 joined #koha
02:39 gmcharlt #topic Debrief on KohaCon 13
02:39 Topic for #koha is now Debrief on KohaCon 13 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting, 6 November 2013)
02:39 crose Where can I get an infant sized koha onesie?
02:39 khall congrats!
02:40 gmcharlt crose: via CafePress, actually
02:40 crose Ok thanks
02:40 oleonard Didn't bag show off one?
02:40 gmcharlt oleonard: now that you mention it, I think so
02:40 cait future koha developer
02:40 * oleonard does not mean to imply that bag himself modeled the onesie
02:40 cait heh
02:40 BobB_ lol
02:41 khall lol
02:41 gmcharlt as far as the conference goes, first, I'd like to extend kudos to Nancy Keener and the rest of the folks at the Washcoe County Library for doing a wonderful job
02:41 cait :)
02:41 BobB_ here, here, very well done
02:41 cait +1!
02:41 oleonard Many many thanks go to them
02:41 Bruce_ +1
02:41 rhcl +1
02:41 gmcharlt er, Washoe County
02:41 khall +2  even!
02:41 joels68 Jolly good show! +1
02:41 davidnind +1
02:42 gmcharlt #agreed the community thanks Nancy Keener and the other staff at the Washoe County Library system for hosting KohaCon13
02:42 Bruce_ I have to expand: this was the most helpful and successful conference I've ever had the privilege to take part in, and I've attended plenty.
02:42 gmcharlt and kudos to all of the other folks who volunteered for the conference
02:42 cait it was great.
02:43 BobB_ many kittens were saved
02:43 gmcharlt any other comments regarding KohaCon 13?
02:43 rhcl amenities (snacks) were good
02:44 Bruce_ As a first-timer, I would respectfully suggest that the nature of the event might have been explained with a bit greater clarity.
02:44 BobB_ #info Daniel Grobani listed info sources in the last community newsletter - very helpful reference
02:44 Bruce_ Those who have attended before need only "KohaCon", others might need more.
02:45 oleonard Bruce_: Beyond the program listing?
02:45 drojf Bruce_: what would you have liked to know?
02:45 Bruce_ Yes. The program listing was fine, but I had no idea what level the hackfest would be conducted on. I was most happy to discover that I could contribute, but I almost left after Saturday.
02:45 talljoy #info Joy Nelson ByWater solutions
02:46 BobB_ Bruce_ : we are glad you did not  :)
02:46 Bruce_ Me too.
02:46 gmcharlt indeed
02:47 Bruce_ I plan to give this question some thought and contact the hosts of KohaCon14 with my suggestions.
02:47 gmcharlt Bruce_++
02:47 Bruce_ ... assuming they don't call me first!
02:47 BobB_ Bruce_ ++
02:47 gmcharlt also, a nice seque to ...
02:47 gmcharlt #topic KohaCon 14 and 15
02:47 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon 14 and 15 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting, 6 November 2013)
02:48 cait1 joined #koha
02:48 bgkriegel We are beginning the organization and found raising (for KohaCon14)
02:49 Bruce_ Idea: Ask those who will not be able to attend to contribute an "absence fee" in an amount of their choosing.
02:49 BobB_ hmm, the idea has merit
02:49 bgkriegel Ok
02:50 Bruce_ Even a small amount sent by all those who *wish* they could attend might do wonders.
02:51 gmcharlt another idea, via feedback from KohaCon12 that I got from slef: consider offering an "enhanced ticket" as a way for libraries who want to sponsor, but who are not allowed to directly give funds for such a thing, to pay extra
02:51 eythian At a conference here, they call them high-rollers.
02:51 eythian They get better chairs :)
02:51 gmcharlt heh
02:51 BobB_ business class?
02:52 davidnind joined #koha
02:52 gmcharlt any other questions/comments for bgkriegel?
02:52 * talljoy just needs extra legroom
02:53 eythian * talljoy is now known as shortjoy
02:53 eythian fixed.
02:53 BobB_ bgkriegel, it will be good to set the date as soon as you can
02:53 gmcharlt reason #1 to avoid an outfit calling itself the Procrustean Hotel
02:53 rhcl yes indeed
02:54 bgkriegel Ok
02:54 gmcharlt regarding KohaCon 15 -- an observation: Africa is the one continent that has not yet hosted a KohaCon
02:55 gmcharlt (I'm making the wild assumption that an Antarctic one is never going to be practical any time soon)
02:55 gmcharlt so move on
02:55 BobB_ gmcharlt: I had to Google procrustean - very funny (and apt)
02:55 rhcl what about Asia, particularly the far east?
02:56 oleonard It was suggested that for KohaCon 15 the voting be limited to proposals from Africa.
02:56 gmcharlt rhcl: that's also a region not yet represented, but there was a KohaCon in India a couple years ago
02:56 BobB_ we can't mandate that, but the sentiment is out there
02:57 gmcharlt agreed, and one that I for one am inclined to reinforce
02:57 oleonard I would think we could vote on that proposal at some time in the future
02:58 gmcharlt indeed
02:58 Bruce_ Cons need hosts, and it may be that those most likely have little experience in organizing such events. Perhaps a group of former hosts could be formed as a support group?
02:58 gmcharlt Bruce_: yes; that has happened anyway; most/all of the KohaCons to date have had volunteer help from folks who were involved in previous ones
02:59 Bruce_ I'm sure that's so, but is that offer of help advertised?
02:59 BobB_ and two potential bidders (Nigeria and Zambia) were at KohaCon12, so know the format
03:00 gmcharlt yes -- and to be clear, there have already been viable bids from Africa; I don't think there are any particular reservations concerning that
03:01 gmcharlt #topic Action items from the October IRC meeting
03:01 Topic for #koha is now Action items from the October IRC meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting, 6 November 2013)
03:01 gmcharlt #info the one action item from the October IRC meeting, creating the 3.16 project roles wiki page, was completed by rangi
03:01 oleonard rangi++
03:01 gmcharlt any last minute agenda items before we do the final one, setting the date of the next meeting?
03:02 edveal Should have done this at the top but I have a quick announcement.
03:02 * edveal and nengard created an XSLT Library page on the wiki. I have added a few snippets and I am sure the group can edit them and add to them. Just wanted to get the page up and running.
03:03 gmcharlt #info Announcement: edveal and nengard have created an XSLT library page on the wiki - http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/XSLT_Library
03:03 gmcharlt edveal++
03:03 gmcharlt nengard++
03:03 talljoy yay!
03:03 gmcharlt OK, moving on
03:03 gmcharlt #topic setting time of next meeting
03:03 Topic for #koha is now setting time of next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting, 6 November 2013)
03:03 davidnind 18:00 UTC is the next one up, 4 December?
03:04 gmcharlt we go 2-18-10?
03:04 cait1 we go backwards
03:04 gmcharlt ok
03:04 cait1 i think
03:04 gmcharlt cait1, that's consistent with the previous meeting
03:05 gmcharlt OK, so putting the question: shall the next metting be at 18:00 UTC on 4 December 2013?
03:05 davidnind +1
03:05 Bruce_ +1
03:05 BobB_ sounds right, but eek, it'll be 5am here
03:05 drojf +1
03:05 edveal +1
03:05 rhcl +1
03:05 BobB_ +1
03:05 drojf BobB_: it's 4am here now :P
03:05 bgkriegel +1
03:05 joels68 +1
03:05 talljoy +1
03:05 oleonard +1
03:05 BobB_ droif, point taken'
03:05 drojf :)
03:06 gmcharlt #agreed the next general IRC meeting will be held at 18:00 on 4 December 2013
03:06 oleonard @later remind someone to change the topic to reflect the next meeting date and time
03:06 huginn oleonard: I suck
03:06 cait1 +1
03:06 cait1 sorry, sleepy :)
03:06 khall +1
03:06 gmcharlt OK, thanks everybody
03:06 gmcharlt #endmeeting
03:06 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.14-beta is available for download and testing. Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software http://koha-community.org. Next general IRC meeting 6th November, 02:00 UTC
03:06 huginn Meeting ended Wed Nov  6 03:06:53 2013 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
03:06 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-11-06-02.02.html
03:06 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]3-11-06-02.02.txt
03:06 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]06-02.02.log.html
03:07 drojf gmcharlt++
03:07 BobB_ thanks gmcharlt, thanks everyone
03:07 cait1 gmcharlt++
03:07 cait1 and good night :)
03:07 davidnind gmcharlt++
03:07 bgkriegel gmcharlt++
03:07 * edveal waves by to everyone.
03:07 davidnind left #koha
03:07 joels68 khall  got a minute?
03:07 talljoy night night
03:07 * oleonard turns in
03:08 khall good morning, afternoon and night all!
03:08 Bruce_ ttfn
03:09 joels68 Hi BobB
03:12 joels68 bye.
03:15 jcamins eythian: I am now, for a few minutes.
03:15 eythian just looking at the patches to csvtomarc from you, you add a 'text' source. Does it differ from the 'literal' one that already exists?
03:16 jcamins Lemme check.
03:17 jcamins Doesn't look like it's different.
03:17 eythian OK cool.
03:17 eythian I'll have a go integrating some of them, though I think you were writing agaisnt a fairly old version, so we'll see how it goes.
03:18 jcamins Thanks.
03:18 eythian I really want the fixed-field support.
03:51 bag darn missed the meeting eh?
03:52 eythian yarp
03:56 bag well I meant to volunteer to QAA again - just added my name to the wiki page - but will be happy to QA a few patches again
03:56 bag started late in the last cycle - but will be better this next time :)
04:55 ebegin joined #koha
05:00 drojf joined #koha
05:02 drojf left #koha
05:23 bag ah nice Aloo has finally cuddled up next to me on the couch
05:41 PSC joined #koha
06:19 cait joined #koha
06:35 bag heya cait
06:37 cait hi ba
06:37 cait bag
06:37 cait sorry, still sleepy
06:37 bag well I'm getting sleepy but not yet
07:20 rangi evening
07:20 bag evening rangi
07:26 sophie_m joined #koha
07:35 cait hi rangi
07:37 reiveune joined #koha
07:37 reiveune hello
07:40 rangi hi reiveune
07:41 reiveune hi rangi :)
07:48 laurence joined #koha
07:54 mtj hey peeps
07:54 alex_a joined #koha
07:55 samueld joined #koha
07:55 mtj rangi, are you gonna go to kiwicon this weekend?
07:55 samueld hi everybody
07:55 mtj hi samueld
07:57 rangi yup
07:58 cait hi samueld
07:59 mtj cool, me too :p (my 1st time)
08:00 rangi you'll enjoy it
08:00 rangi just dont bring a laptop that you havent nailed down ;-)
08:01 mtj ha!..., yeah i heard
08:01 mtj hermm.  i *think* my laptop is nailed down :)
08:02 mtj ...tho, i might discover otherwise :/
08:02 rangi i never take mine
08:02 rangi you dont need it
08:02 mtj good advice
08:02 cait pen and paper then? :)
08:04 mtj inside palm
08:05 mtj heh, not to be confused with one's 'outside palm' :)
08:07 lds joined #koha
08:07 rangi :)
08:09 cait brb
08:35 * magnuse waves
08:43 pug joined #koha
08:44 pug left #koha
08:47 kf joined #koha
08:48 magnuse kia ora kf
08:57 paul_p joined #koha
08:59 magnuse kia ora paul_p
09:00 kf hi magnuse and paul_p
09:00 * magnuse missed the meeting, again
09:01 ashimema joined #koha
09:01 paul_p good morning/evening/afternoon/whatever everybody
09:01 magnuse @wunder marseille
09:02 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 16.0°C (9:30 AM CET on November 06, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 72%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 29.92 in 1013 hPa (Steady).
09:02 magnuse nice
09:02 ashimema morning paul
09:02 magnuse @wunder boo
09:02 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 2.0°C (9:50 AM CET on November 06, 2013). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 1.0°C. Windchill: 0.0°C. Pressure: 29.21 in 989 hPa (Rising).
09:02 kf magnuse: we made you rm
09:02 paul_p magnuse I confirm : very nice and sunny weather today ;-)
09:02 paul_p kf really ? congrats magnuse :D :D
09:02 magnuse woohoo!
09:03 paul_p kf or do you mean rm -fr magnuse ? which would not be a good news ;-)
09:03 * magnuse is instantly drunk with power
09:03 kf magnuse: no we didn't - hope i didn't send oyu into shock
09:03 paul_p magnuse "with great power comes great responsibilities" said spiderman uncle !
09:03 * magnuse read the minutes this morning ;-)
09:03 magnuse yeah, too much responsibility, i'll pass ;-)
09:45 quoc_uy joined #koha
11:07 kivilahtio wow my zebra doesn't index
11:07 kivilahtio It ran out of idex memory
11:07 kivilahtio 12:43:01-06/11 zebraidx(27798) [fatal] mf_write: recdB error (4) no more space
11:07 kivilahtio 12:43:01-06/11 zebraidx(27798) [fatal] /var/lib/koha/openlibrary/biblios/register: max=21474836480 used=21474834528 available=1952
11:07 kivilahtio Increased both biblio and shadow registers from 20G to 25G
11:08 kivilahtio doing a full reindex
11:08 kivilahtio hope it helps
11:13 magnuse fingers crossed!
11:14 kivilahtio strange thing is that i got the memory limit on my n:th reindex_zebra.pl query
11:35 laurence left #koha
11:58 kivilahtio lol It took me 1h to send email with Koha vs 1 week for Evergreen
11:58 kf 1 week?
11:59 kivilahtio kf: not sure if it was ctive work, but this seems to have been the case with our Evergreen efforts
11:59 kivilahtio kf: I didn't do those things with Evergreen
11:59 kivilahtio kf: so I wouldn't know 100% but my experience has been very negative.
12:00 kivilahtio kf: I think it included getting to know the system and configuring some email servers, but I did the same with Koha so...
12:00 kivilahtio now to crack the SMS and snailmail from email nuts
12:18 marcelr joined #koha
12:18 marcelr hi #koha
12:21 drnoe left #koha
12:24 kf hi marcelr
12:25 kf kivilahtio: sorry, quite busy here - might always take a while for me to read back these days
12:25 marcelr hi kf
12:25 marcelr kf: we will have another six months of qa..
12:25 marcelr :)
12:25 kf yeah... why did we agree to that again? :)
12:25 marcelr no idea
12:26 gmcharlt and more after that six months has expired, I hope ;)
12:26 marcelr probably
12:27 jwagner joined #koha
12:29 drnoe joined #koha
12:31 tcohen joined #koha
12:46 fredericd joined #koha
12:49 meliss joined #koha
12:51 kivilahtio any suggestions how I should make a HTTP-request from a Perl module?
12:51 kivilahtio I am working to integrate our SMS provider to Koha
12:51 kivilahtio they provide a SMS-gateway with some nice things, like sms-delivery checks
12:52 kivilahtio any ideas does Koha use some preset packages so I wouldnt have to add yet another dependecy
12:55 kivilahtio Well LWP::Simple seems to be in Koha already
12:55 kivilahtio so I think I got the answer already :)
12:55 marcelr grep -r SMS *
12:57 Joubu kivilahtio: If you are interested by sending SMS in Koha, maybe you will be interested by bug 9016 (and others linked).
12:57 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9016 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Multi transport types for notices
13:11 tcohen morning #koha
13:12 jcamins kivilahtio: I always give at least 40GB for both biblio and shadow.
13:13 kivilahtio jcamins: yikes
13:13 gdunbar joined #koha
13:13 kivilahtio jcamins: I fixed a "small" bug in our data migration toolset and we got all of our child records with the migration. DB jumped from 350 000 to 1 100 000 records :)
13:14 kivilahtio Joubu: interesting
13:14 wahanui well, interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
13:14 jcamins kivilahtio: with 1.1m records I'd probably go up to 100G.
13:14 ebegin joined #koha
13:16 samueld joined #koha
13:18 kivilahtio jcamins: you think Zebra really needs so much space?
13:18 kivilahtio jcamins: I thought we could squeeze our DB smaller with Koha :(
13:18 kivilahtio jcamins: can we run it from RAM?
13:19 kivilahtio jcamins: this 100G is just for indexes or?
13:19 jcamins Probably not, but disk space is cheap, and the worst feeling ever is when you get 90% of the way through a reindex only to have it run out of space; and no, the indexes need to be stored somewhere no matter what system.
13:19 jcamins If you had enough RAM you could use a ramdisk.
13:20 tcohen Buy SSD disks for your server
13:20 kivilahtio tcohen: Already using
13:20 kivilahtio tcohen: couldn't live without :)
13:20 kivilahtio tcohen: And I feelthis might solve the zebra-issue
13:21 kivilahtio somehow zebra searches are still super fast
13:21 jcamins Oh, Zebra's very fast.
13:29 collum joined #koha
13:32 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:34 tcohen icu?
13:34 wahanui somebody said icu was a good idea.
13:41 kivilahtio Joubu: This looks pretty awesome! We need things like these definetely.
13:42 kivilahtio Joubu: We have the need to create a 2€ notification fine for letter1 letter2 letter3.
13:42 kivilahtio Joubu: I guess I could add your module as a dependency for it
13:42 kivilahtio Joubu: now that I am working on this notifications issue
13:55 kf gmcharlt: about the translation problem - it's only in CCSR i think
13:55 kf gmcharlt: so not sure if it's worth investing a lot of thought here if Owen didn't do something like it (which i doubt :) )
13:56 gmcharlt kf: there are a few uses of content: in prog and Bootstrap, but at first glance not for strings that need to be translated
13:56 gmcharlt I was just being through in my response :)
13:57 kf yep :)
13:57 kf and i appreciate translation problem taken seriously :)
13:57 kf we never introduced ccsr templates to our libraries here, so we kind of avoided running into that
14:20 nengard joined #koha
14:35 jenkins_koha Starting build #104 for job Koha_3.12.x (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #98 29 days ago)
14:41 samueld hi, i've forgotten something: how to apply manually a patch in koha?
14:45 JesseM joined #koha
14:48 maximep joined #koha
14:58 talljoy joined #koha
14:59 tcohen samueld: are talking about a production server?
14:59 tcohen if you're talking about git it must be something like
14:59 tcohen git am -3 -u  patch
15:00 samueld it's apatch on bugzilla
15:00 samueld a patch
15:01 tcohen and where do u want to apply it?
15:02 tcohen a git repository clone?
15:02 tcohen git bz apply XXX
15:04 samueld ok, i'll test
15:04 tcohen git bz?
15:04 wahanui i heard git bz was so much fun :) or http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]_bz_configuration or just about anything except intuitive or AMAZING and WONDERFUL
15:09 tcohen is fridolyn here?
15:09 alex_a joined #koha
15:15 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.12.x build #104: STILL UNSTABLE in 39 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_3.12.x/104/
15:15 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 9531: Make SIP2 message terminator configurable via SIPconfig.xml
15:15 jenkins_koha * Janusz Kaczmarek: Bug 10331 - Little errors in unimarc_field_4XX.pl (punctuation)
15:15 jenkins_koha * Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 10564 - use OPACURLOpenInNewWindow in UNIMARCslim2OPACResults.xsl
15:15 jenkins_koha * Colin Campbell: Bug 10817: return hold items info in SIP Patron Info Response
15:15 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9531 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Stable , Make SIP2 message terminator configurable via SIPconfig.xml
15:15 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=10331 trivial, P5 - low, ---, januszop, Pushed to Stable , Little errors in unimarc_field_4XX.pl (punctuation)
15:15 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=10564 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Stable , use OPACURLOpenInNewWindow in UNIMARCslim2OPACResults.xsl
15:15 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=10817 normal, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, Pushed to Stable , SIPserver does not return holds info when requested
15:26 mtompset joined #koha
15:26 mtompset Greetings, #koha
15:37 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 11204: make pendingreserves use datatables.inc <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]d8cd28316e929a027>
15:47 jenkins_koha Starting build #212 for job master_maria (previous build: FIXED)
15:51 jenkins_koha Starting build #1498 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:53 nengard left #koha
15:53 banana joined #koha
16:14 banana If anybody gives a hoot, the newest version of Freenas is pretty cool. A NAS box based on it would make a good Koha data backup/storage unit.
16:16 tcohen joined #koha
16:20 tcohen back online
16:24 mtompset Greetings, tcohen. :)
16:24 tcohen hi!
16:25 mtompset Question: Does the date displayed in OPAC News annoy you? Does it even make sense to display it all the time?
16:38 jenkins_koha Project master_maria build #212: SUCCESS in 51 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]master_maria/212/
16:38 jenkins_koha Jonathan Druart: Bug 11204: make pendingreserves use datatables.inc
16:38 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=11204 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , pendingreserves should use datatables.inc
16:38 nengard joined #koha
16:46 tcohen rangi: is it possible to restore a 3.12.x DB for jenkins 3.12 build?
16:55 kf oh no oleonard
16:55 kf mtompset: if it annoys a library i use css on that :)
16:55 kf display:none
16:55 wahanui somebody said display:none was usually what is used. Where's that from?
16:56 mtompset kf: But what if it is only annoying for SOME of them?
16:56 talljoy morning #koha
16:56 kf then you might want to rethink how you are using them?
16:58 mtompset Perhaps. I was thinking of using News items for publishing Library Hours.
16:58 mtompset I suppose you can say when the library hours were published.
16:59 kf you could use the mainuserblock for that
16:59 maximep left #koha
17:00 mtompset but filter mainuserblock for branches doesn't make as much sense as filtering news by branch. :)
17:01 maximep joined #koha
17:06 kf if you care deeply about it you could add a checkbox to display the date -but maybe just hide it and add it to the news entry if you need it?
17:16 kf Joubu++ :) and ashimema++ too
17:36 kf left #koha
17:46 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1498: SUCCESS in 1 hr 55 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1498/
17:46 jenkins_koha Jonathan Druart: Bug 11204: make pendingreserves use datatables.inc
17:46 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=11204 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , pendingreserves should use datatables.inc
17:46 jenkins_koha Starting build #105 for job Koha_3.12.x (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #98 29 days ago)
17:50 sophie_m left #koha
18:24 Bruce_ joined #koha
18:24 rangi @later tell tcohen not easily no, what you could do is get bgkriegels node set up to run that, and put the job to run on there, I won't have time to do that this week
18:24 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
18:25 * Bruce_ waves hello
18:26 Bruce_ I have a wee SQL challenge, if someone feels inclined to assist.
18:26 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.12.x build #105: STILL UNSTABLE in 40 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_3.12.x/105/
18:26 jenkins_koha * Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 10718: fix items with no checkouts report
18:26 jenkins_koha * Magnus Enger: Bug 10810 - Fix synopsis for -html option to overdue_notices.pl
18:26 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=10718 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Stable , items with no checkouts report does not work
18:26 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=10810 trivial, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Pushed to Stable , Fix synopsis for -html option to overdue_notices.pl
18:31 Bruce_ A Director has asked me for a list of our few most valuable books. I do have "replacment cost" entered for most, but could neither find a report on the web that included that, nor something that looked like I could adapt it. Might someone suggest a URL which could be of help to me?
18:33 ebegin joined #koha
18:51 reiveune bye
18:51 reiveune left #koha
18:58 * magnuse pokes a finger into the ribs of bug 6554
18:58 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6554 critical, P3, ---, ketan, Failed QA , Resolve encoding problems with corrected UTF8 handling in templates
18:59 magnuse anyone feeling like fixing the encoding problems before our pi hits the streets?
19:05 rangi not that way, no
19:06 rangi cos all those patches just make it worse
19:07 magnuse ah, there is a better way?
19:07 rangi @later tell Bruce_ you want to include the items.replacementprice column
19:07 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
19:07 rangi magnuse: much better, find where the non utf8 characters are sneaking in, and fix it there
19:08 rangi we should never be trying to encode/decode in the pl scripts
19:08 magnuse rangi:  i think you had some idea about that before kohacon?
19:08 rangi because if your are actually using utf8 all those patches do is double encode
19:08 rangi they only work if you have non utf-8 data
19:08 magnuse yeah, we don't want that :-)
19:09 magnuse but fixing it at the source will mean we will have double encoding in some places, i guess?
19:09 rangi what we want is to only store utf8
19:10 magnuse btw, i was working with the fine folks at opl on monday and tuesday, and we had a weird encoding problem
19:10 rangi not munge it on output
19:10 magnuse 3 of the tabs showing sysprefs were showing norwegian wovels weirdly
19:10 rangi theres lots of munge on output bandaids
19:10 magnuse yeah
19:10 rangi that result in exactly those issues
19:11 magnuse so we need to fix it at the source and then weed out the bandaids?
19:11 rangi thats my plan
19:11 magnuse ooh you have a plan? :-)
19:11 magnuse does the plan come with a timeframe? ;-)
19:12 rangi not much beyond that, the hard thing is spotting what the encoding is, on input and making sure we dont store crud
19:12 magnuse kill all the crud!
19:14 magnuse the problem we saw was ok on debian, both master and 3.12.6, and it was ok with master on ubuntu, at least for me. when i checked out 3.12.6, i could reproduce it. but for petter i think master was broken on ubuntu too
19:14 magnuse it looked like it might have something to do with versions of YAML.pm or something related to that
19:15 magnuse what happened was that the contents of the YAML files generated by installing a translation were different
19:16 rangi hmm interesting
19:16 wahanui interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
19:16 rangi it could be locales
19:16 magnuse the bad ones had unquoted strings and showed norwegian vowels directly, the ok ones had quoted strings and showed norwegian vowels as um, something involving {} i think it was
19:16 rangi ie if you run the translate scripts on a machine not set up with a utf8
19:16 rangi maybe you get iso files
19:16 rangi not utf8 ones
19:16 cait joined #koha
19:17 magnuse but for me it changed between master and the 3.12.x branch
19:17 magnuse ...too
19:17 * magnuse waves to cait
19:17 rangi interesting
19:17 wahanui i heard interesting was sometimes good and sometimes bad
19:17 rangi yeah, encoding ones are hard to track down, because so many variables
19:17 magnuse we didn't have the time to really get to the bottom of it
19:17 magnuse yeah
19:18 * magnuse hates encoding problems
19:18 * cait waves
19:20 magnuse debian did not seem to have the problem, and the version of YAML there was older than on ubuntu
19:20 rangi that should be testable
19:20 rangi by cpanning on a newer version
19:21 rangi then removing it again
19:21 bag heya magnuse and cait
19:21 bag oh yeah rangi too :P
19:21 magnuse yeah, i thought about writing a minimal test case thinger, but didn't get around to it
19:21 magnuse hiya bag!
19:21 bag how's the boy doing magnuse
19:22 bag err girl (if I didn't remember correctly)
19:22 magnuse bag: apart from a broken thighbone, *he's* doing fine ;-)
19:22 cait heh
19:23 bag wow broken thighbone - poor little guy
19:23 bag climbing on something and fall off?
19:24 magnuse nah, being carried by his mother, who fell on some slippery stairs
19:24 magnuse oops, that's him, gotta run
19:27 bag oh man poor mommy too
19:28 banana joined #koha
19:28 bag hey cait - I'd like to volunteer to do QAA again for 3.16  (that's if you'll have me again)  I was thinking that I will add that to the next general meeting agenda - so that we could get a vote on it
19:28 cait bag: that's exactly what i wanted to say to you too :)
19:29 cait so of course and yep
19:29 bag cool thanks as always cait
19:29 cait you just volunteered... so i should say thank you :)
19:34 maximep starting to work on bug 6934. I wonder if I should transform that new report into a plugin
19:34 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6934 enhancement, P3, ---, pelletiermaxime, ASSIGNED , New report Cash Register Statistics
19:34 maximep I guess plugins won't make it into the core, but probably easier to maintain
19:35 banana @seen jcamins
19:35 huginn banana: jcamins was last seen in #koha 6 hours, 14 minutes, and 34 seconds ago: <jcamins> Oh, Zebra's very fast.
19:37 mtompset Anyone here familiar with gitolite?
20:08 jatara joined #koha
20:38 hankbank joined #koha
20:51 pianohacker joined #koha
21:05 marjorie joined #koha
21:10 marjorie Hi, i think that we can not make partial writeoff? Is there already a demand for it on bz ?
21:14 cait hi marjorie
21:14 cait i think there is no report yet
21:15 marjorie i think too, i did not found a bug on bz but i wanted to be sure
21:15 cait you should file one :)
21:18 pianohacker $ git vim
21:18 marjorie yes i do! thanks cait!
21:18 pianohacker git: 'vim' is not a git command
21:18 pianohacker derp
21:21 rambuten @later tell wizzyrea Big article in Computers in Libraries by NEKLS/Robin Hastings about a big Kansas digital project
21:21 huginn rambuten: The operation succeeded.
21:22 rambuten @later tell wizzyrea  cf Kete, DSpace and Omeka. They chose Omeka.
21:22 huginn rambuten: The operation succeeded.
21:24 eythian hi
21:24 rambuten In other news of the day...
21:25 rambuten It's in the current issue of Computers in Libraries....just came in today
21:25 pianohacker wow
21:26 pianohacker shame = sqrt(-0)
21:27 eythian 0?
21:30 pianohacker eythian: I was going for an imaginary 0, but stretching the math a bit :)
21:36 tcohen joined #koha
21:37 tcohen hi #koha
21:41 pianohacker joined #koha
21:50 tcohen hi rangi
22:00 bag heya tcohen
22:00 tcohen hi bag!
22:03 pianohacker hey tcohen
22:07 papa joined #koha
22:11 tcohen rangi, i've never set a jenkins node
22:11 tcohen is it idficult?
22:12 rangi not really, basically that machine has a user (jenkins) that jenkins connects with
22:12 rangi it just needs koha being set up on there with a 3.12.x database, and the rest can all be configured from within jenkins
22:13 tcohen and that Koha setup has some specific details ?
22:16 rangi not really it just needs to finish its install, and then all i need to know is where the koha-conf.xml is
22:17 rangi then jenkins does a git checkout, and runs all the tests using the koha-conf.xml
22:19 rangi ill just find sample config
22:20 rangi http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]nuous_Integration
22:20 rangi thats for the master branch
22:20 rangi so what jenkins does is ssh to a node, run up a java programme that then runs the commands you tell it to, and reports back
22:21 rangi so theres really nothing you have to install on the node, except an ssh key and java, (thats all done)
22:21 rangi and then the rest is specific to your project, so install a koha in this case (thats not finished)
22:23 rangi tcohen: does that make sense?
22:23 tcohen almost
22:23 tcohen :-D
22:23 rangi :)
22:24 tcohen so I fire a VM, with java installed and a jenkins user
22:25 rangi yep, so bgkriegel has one
22:25 rangi http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]omputer/Bernardo/
22:26 rangi so if we get a 3.12.x on there, and then i can switch jenkins to run the 3.12.x job there instead
22:26 rangi its currently not doing much of anything
22:28 tcohen i'll ask him to let me access the server
22:28 rangi perfect
22:33 poorguy joined #koha
22:35 pianohacker cait: I had an idea about bug 8133
22:35 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8133 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Failed QA , hourly loans doesn't know when library closed
22:35 poorguy hello, I'm trying to import patrons from csv, it works however when I visit patrons page, I see unicode chars corrupted. I'm using 3.12.06 and I've checked my database, patron names look ok there.
22:36 poorguy any my csv file is utf8 encoded
22:36 poorguy and*
22:41 cait pianohacker: sorry was afk  - what's the idea?
22:43 pianohacker cait: np, know it's late for ya. I was thinking of taking out all the preliminary refactoring and putting it in it's own bug
22:43 pianohacker making 8133's patches more focused
22:43 rangi poorguy: hmm i havent seen that before, it sounds to me like the display is doing a double conversion
22:45 poorguy how can i prevent it from doing that?  I think it's related to bug 6554
22:45 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6554 critical, P3, ---, ketan, Failed QA , Resolve encoding problems with corrected UTF8 handling in templates
22:47 rangi you probably cant, until that is fixed properly the fixes on that bug dont actually fix the problem
22:47 cait sounds good
22:47 cait pianohacker:
22:48 pianohacker cait: sweet, will do
22:48 pianohacker how are you doing? :)
22:48 cait well i don't know completely what it means... but splitting sounds good heh
22:48 cait bit tired
22:48 cait work is crazy
22:49 cait how are you doing? did the course work out where you missed the presentation?
22:49 * cait tries to remember it right
22:53 pianohacker cait: Yeah, my classmates were a bit grumpy with me, but they seemed okay and things apparently went well
22:53 pianohacker the only bad thing was that Tuesday, when I ended up with three tests in one day
22:54 cait ew
22:55 pianohacker yeah, not fun, though they all went decently. What do you have going on at work?
22:56 cait too much to start listing
22:56 cait i might not get sleep then :)
22:56 cait support, migrations, all that :)
22:58 poorguy yeah i've found the problem
22:58 cait poorguy: whatwas it?
22:58 poorguy if a patron category contains unicode characters
22:59 poorguy render fails
22:59 cait ah
22:59 cait yeah we avoid that
22:59 poorguy i mean patron category description, not the patron category code
23:01 cait why do you have the description in your csv?
23:04 poorguy i dont have description in csv
23:05 poorguy i just define category code in csv
23:05 cait hmm
23:05 cait wonder if i ever tried that
23:05 cait i think by accident our usual import categories don't have umlauts
23:05 poorguy i'll show you on a demo page if you want
23:06 cait you shoud file a bug i think
23:06 poorguy https://demo-admin.calyx.net.au/ login with user: anne password: koha  then click patrons
23:07 poorguy you should see  Ã‡ (which should be Ç) in alphabet
23:07 eythian that's definitely double encoding
23:08 poorguy should i update the bug 6554 ?
23:08 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6554 critical, P3, ---, ketan, Failed QA , Resolve encoding problems with corrected UTF8 handling in templates
23:09 cait hm better file a separate bug with how to reproduce and link to it i think
23:09 poorguy ok
23:14 nengard left #koha
23:21 dpk1 joined #koha
23:24 poorguy cait: http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=11212
23:24 huginn Bug 11212: normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Using non english characters in patron category description causes double encoding
23:25 cait cool thx
23:31 pianohacker kk. I missed the meeting, but where would I volunteer as a module maintainer for admin starting next release?
23:31 rambuten joined #koha
23:33 cait pianohacker: i think put it on there - and I think we will have another vote at the next meeting
23:33 cait you will not be hte only one :)
23:35 pianohacker I'm not sure if I'll survive the _tremendous volume_ of patches to the admin interface, but I'm willing to try my best
23:36 cait there is a tremendous amount?
23:37 pianohacker massive sarcasm :)
23:38 * cait is translating

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary