IRC log for #koha, 2013-04-07

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
06:37 cait joined #koha
06:56 * magnuse waves, then wanders off to have breakfast, threatening to be back later
06:58 cait heh
07:08 cait morning #koha
07:47 quocuy joined #koha
08:18 magnus joined #koha
08:18 * magnus waves from the laptop
08:19 rangi hi magnus
08:19 magnus hiya rangi
08:20 magnus rangi: 3.10.4 should be ready for production by now, right?
08:21 rangi yep
08:21 rangi i have a couple of publics running 3.10.3
08:21 rangi one testing 3.10.4 now
08:21 magnus yay
08:22 magnus i usually let my customers test new major versions with real data etc, but the wait has been so long now, i'll just upgrade
08:23 magnus and then let them test 3.12 beta if they want to
08:24 rangi sounds good
08:27 cait heya magnuse :)
08:27 * cait is creating a mess in bugzilla this morning :)
08:28 cait please check I made no mistake!
08:28 cait heh wrong window :)
08:29 magnus :-)
08:32 cait magnus: could I interest you in a sign off of 9980?
08:32 cait it's quick to test
08:32 magnus bug 9980
08:32 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9980 blocker, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , Anonymous searches in the OPAC entirely broken
08:32 magnus yes, after i upgrade :-)
08:38 rangi gah
08:38 rangi i wish this whole numbering thing hadnt been brought up, now we are relitigating 6 monthly releases ... lets derail the entire process and not do any work, just talk about it
08:45 magnus gah!
08:46 * magnus tends to think small changes often are better than big changes seldom
08:48 rangi yeah i think big ones are much more error prone and things all get left to the end
08:49 magnus yup
08:49 magnus and the list of changes for a 6 months-in-the-making release is already huge
08:50 magnus a 12 month one would be ginormous
08:50 rangi i just think back to 3.0.0 and 3.2.0
08:50 rangi and what a nightmare they were to get released
08:50 cait yep
08:50 cait exactly what I am trying to write up right now
08:50 cait to send to the list :)
08:50 magnus cait++
08:51 rangi right these all seem to work, and dont cause a problem
08:52 rangi karam might like to do a patch for ccsr next if he wanted
08:52 cait and imagine the complains with yearly releases if a development misses the deadline...
08:52 magnus ooh 7 bugs to go before we reach 10k
08:52 cait oooh now you spotted it hehe
08:52 cait the race is on :)
09:15 * magnuse kicks off the upgrade
09:17 * cait crosses fingers
09:17 * magnuse too :-)
09:27 * cait submitted bug 9994
09:27 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9994 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Changing 'rows per page' on saved sql reports doesn't work with runtime parameters
09:29 magnuse ...and it's done
09:29 cait :)
09:29 cait isn't that the moments where you really love Koha?
09:29 cait when a major updates performs just nicely?
09:30 magnuse yup!
09:30 magnuse not to mention the packages!
09:31 magnuse well, i still have to install norwegian and swedish
09:31 magnuse which will waste a lot of time moving tiny_mce files around
09:31 magnuse hooray for bug 9172
09:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9172 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , Move TinyMCE library outside of language-specific directory
09:31 * cait installs arabic
09:32 cait magnuse: ah, so there is still somthing you have to do after installing the packages currently?
09:33 magnuse yeah, run the translate script
09:33 magnuse because i never got around to helping eythian move his i18n work on the packages forward
09:33 cait ah, I just ran into the problem karam talked about .. the arabic po files in master are not good
09:35 magnuse norwegian is done
09:36 magnuse well, they will probably be updated soonish?
09:36 cait help files are not all in yet
09:36 cait we need some more sign-offs on those
09:40 magnuse swedish is done
09:41 magnuse the moment of truth: running my little test::www::mech script...
09:43 magnuse gah, have to rebuild all the zebras
09:43 * cait imagines magnuse doing zebra puzzles
09:43 cait *giggles*
09:44 magnuse :-)
09:45 cait too many legs!
09:52 magnuse well, this is going to take some time...
09:54 magnuse legs?
09:54 magnuse ( Holdings ( 5
09:54 magnuse that's not good...
09:55 cait zebra legs
09:55 magnuse ah
09:55 cait magnuse: yeah not perfect, but that happens
09:55 cait probably would be a bit better if holdings was translated
09:56 magnuse yeah
09:56 cait i used po fiels from 3.8
09:56 cait as the ones in master have some bugs
09:56 magnuse ah
09:56 cait I think overall that looks pretty good
09:58 * magnuse tries to figure out what the major enh in 3.10 were
09:59 rangi release notes should have it
10:00 magnuse yup, looking at that now
10:00 magnuse there is a 48 page pdf version... :-)
10:00 rangi ah thats right
10:01 magnuse the new "new feature/enh" categories will be awesome, if they work out
10:02 rangi yep
10:02 cait i don't envy jared writing the notes :)
10:02 cait i mean it#s easier now with the scripts
10:02 cait but we change a log.
10:02 cait lot
10:03 rangi yep
10:03 cait but it#s also cool we do :)
10:07 rangi 771 patches, from 59 developers and still a month to go
10:08 cait ugh
10:08 cait my koha won't switch back to english
10:08 magnuse rangi: awesom!
10:08 magnuse english? who needs it!
10:08 cait or arabic
10:09 cait magnuse: could you check switching languages works for you on master some time?
10:10 cait ah ok
10:10 cait guess my german templates were to balme
10:13 drojf joined #koha
10:13 drojf good day #koha
10:14 cait hi drojf
10:14 drojf hi cait
10:15 drojf did anyone else just get a random mail for some "open source crowdfunding site"?
10:15 cait hm
10:16 rangi not me
10:16 cait me neither
10:18 drojf weird
10:19 cait you got an exclusive random mail!
10:19 magnuse moin drojf
10:20 drojf cait: yay, i'm special :D
10:20 drojf hei magnuse
10:20 cait not going to argue
10:21 drojf :P
10:38 drojf What fees does <site> charge? The only fees charged by <site> are 10% of the total feature funding amount after the full funding amount has been reached.
10:38 drojf heh. »only«
10:39 magnuse hey, it could have been 90!
10:39 drojf true!
10:40 magnuse cait: looking at bug 9980 now
10:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9980 blocker, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , Anonymous searches in the OPAC entirely broken
10:49 cait thx :)
10:49 cait 10... how modest
10:50 magnuse cait: i can't seem to reproduce the problem...
10:51 magnuse i'm not logged in, but i can search just fine
10:52 cait it didn't work for me
10:52 cait check the detail page
10:52 cait result was good, detail broken
10:52 magnuse ah
10:53 magnuse nope, that looks good too
10:53 cait weird
10:53 magnuse yup
10:53 cait it is def exploding for me when not logged in
10:56 magnuse looks good to me
10:57 cait log in and log out again?
10:57 cait patch not applied?
10:57 magnuse i'm on normarc, but that shouldn't matter, as far as i can tell from the bug report
10:57 magnuse yeah, did log in and out
10:57 magnuse patch not applied
10:57 cait hm
10:57 cait master?
10:57 wahanui hmmm... master is the development branch of koha
10:57 magnuse master
10:58 magnuse was there something about this only working with !xslt?
10:58 cait hm i have xslt
10:58 cait oh
10:58 cait and I didn#t activate the feature
10:59 magnuse ah, without xslt i get the error both for search result and detail
10:59 cait interesting
10:59 wahanui rumour has it interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
10:59 cait :)
11:01 magnuse i have: HighlightOwnItemsOnOPAC = Don't emphasize
11:01 cait i think I probably have normal display set somwwhere
11:02 magnuse HighlightOwnItemsOnOPAC does not affect the error for me
11:13 magnuse cait: bug 9980 is signed off
11:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9980 blocker, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Signed Off , Anonymous searches in the OPAC entirely broken
11:13 cait magnuse++
11:14 cait and special thx for the test plan :)
11:14 magnuse and i'm on the dashboard again - woohoo! :-)
11:14 cait yay :)
11:15 magnuse ooh, jonathan has the lead in the qa list!
11:15 cait trying to influence me?
11:17 magnuse huh, me? nooo...
11:46 magnuse WHAT? why am i seeing bug 9256 on 3.10.4?!?
11:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9256 critical, P5 - low, ---, magnus, RESOLVED FIXED, Search is broken for 3.10 package-installs when marcflavour != marc21
12:01 magnuse ah, because i only fixed it for new instances, of course, not upgraded ones...
12:51 jcamins Heh. One feature release every year.
12:52 jcamins That would rather cut down on the pool of prospective RMs.
12:55 jcamins And would almost certainly result in demands for drastically reduced standards.
12:56 drojf how does that "LTS" thing come up all the time?
12:57 drojf we could have a release that is supported for four years and do feature releases every four years ;)
12:57 jcamins drojf: we have a troll who thinks that he can get us to do more work for free if he compares us to Ubuntu.
12:57 jcamins drojf: we did that for 3.0/3.2.
12:57 jcamins The result was that everyone forked 3.1.
12:59 drojf now that you say it, i think it's really mostly the same person asking for LTS
12:59 drojf i think there were others at some point. others mostly active in the "demanding" department of koha ;)
13:00 jcamins Yup.
13:05 magnuse jcamins: search is still broken for upgraded package installs. i'll report a new bug later
13:05 * magnuse wanders off
13:06 jcamins magnuse: yeah, that will probably need a koha-upgrade-to-3.10 script.
13:06 * jcamins wanders off as well.
13:17 manny joined #koha
13:35 bgkriegel joined #koha
14:09 cait oleonard++
14:09 cait now I missed the discussion? oh.
14:11 cait hm
14:11 cait i might reach 10.000
14:11 cait if I continue testing
14:55 magnuse cait++
15:22 cait hmm
17:04 cait lol
17:04 cait why this time?
17:05 jcamins Oh, creating a basketgroup is spectacularly non-obvious.
17:05 cait ah
17:05 cait it's pseudoautomatic
17:05 cait somehow
17:06 jcamins Oh, look, trying to delete a basketgroup fails under Plack+MariaDB.
17:06 jcamins Shocker!
17:08 jcamins cait: bug 7449 worked for you?
17:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7449 major, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Passed QA , billingplace and freedeliveryplace not saved when creating a new basketgroup
17:10 jcamins Okay, it works.
17:11 jcamins Vaguely.
17:11 magnuse hehe
17:11 cait jcamins: yep
17:11 cait it saved
17:11 jcamins magnuse: well, like most of acquisitions, it's broken, but that's not the fault of the patch.
17:11 cait I tested it in marseille and again today
17:12 cait what is not working for you?
17:12 cait I filed a patch about the brnach pull downs
17:12 jcamins Saving.
17:12 cait a bu
17:12 cait g
17:12 cait oh what doe sit do?
17:12 jcamins Half the time, nothing.
17:12 cait hm interesting
17:12 wahanui interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
17:12 cait but I need more information :)
17:12 jcamins Deleting the basket groups fixed it.
17:12 jcamins It's undoubtedly a Plack thing.
17:12 cait aah
17:12 cait that might make totally sense
17:13 cait someone an idea about how to react to this?
17:13 cait [Sun Apr 07 19:06:15 2013] [error] [client] You do not have permission to use atq., referer: http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/[…]ools/
17:13 jcamins I do not.
17:13 jcamins But I think we should prounce "atq" like "atque."
17:13 jcamins It amuses me, and amusing the RM is always a good idea.
17:14 cait lol
17:14 cait latin speaking RM at least
17:14 jcamins lol
17:14 jcamins Right.
17:14 cait ;)
17:15 jcamins Hey, I already reported that basketgroups were broken broken broken under Plack, didn't I?
17:15 cait hm not sure you did
17:15 cait but someone who wnats to use plack for staff should fix that
17:15 jcamins Maybe not.
17:15 jcamins Agreed.
17:16 * magnuse hopes all his instances are fixed now
17:16 jcamins cait: did you QA all the help file patches?
17:17 cait only the signed off ones
17:19 jcamins Okay, because they don't all have your sign off. But if you didn't QA them all, that makes sense. :)
17:20 quocuy joined #koha
17:21 jcamins Ummm...
17:21 cait yes?
17:21 cait ah, could you make koha = Koha in the last one?
17:21 jcamins What is the point of the "Click to add item" button in the serial receive?
17:21 jcamins Sure.
17:21 cait you can add an item.
17:21 cait for the issue
17:21 cait ?
17:22 jcamins Right, but don't you do that by marking the issue arrived?
17:22 cait but back to the help files - it's the plugin one at the very bottom and I forgot to git add
17:22 cait yes, then the form opens up automagically
17:22 cait I think the link is for creating items when you don#t do that by default
17:22 jcamins Ah.
17:23 jcamins Well, this patch works, whether or not the duplicate functionality makes sense.
17:23 quocuy helo #koha
17:25 cait i guess it's not related to that.
17:25 cait duplicate functionality?
17:25 cait in serials?
17:25 magnuse bug 9996 created
17:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9996 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Fix search for existing/upgraded Debian package instances
17:26 jcamins No, I didn't expect the patch to be related to it.
17:26 jcamins I just couldn't figure out the instructions for a while.
17:26 jcamins Because I never noticed the "Click to add item" button before.
17:29 cait magnuse: the race is still on?
17:29 cait :)
17:30 cait qa'ing the z39.50 patch from marcel
17:31 * cait wishes really hard thatsomeone would fix git bz unhappiness about character sets
17:31 cait UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 943: ordinal not in range(128)
17:31 jcamins Ouch.
17:35 magnuse ouch
17:40 jenkins_koha Starting build #1135 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:46 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_7853' into 3.12-master <[…]35086f8b1714aa1ac> / Bug 7853 - should correctly redirect back to, if... <[…]2a2098d157f4fe380> / Merge branch 'bug_9459' into 3.12-master <
17:53 cait hm
17:53 * cait is working on bug 8746
17:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8746 major, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , don't work where Record length of 106041 is larger than the MARC spec allows
17:54 jcamins wtf?
17:54 jcamins What *possible* reason could there be for this comment:  # FIXME: '$thisacct' is a string literal!
17:55 cait I wondered about that myself.
17:56 * jcamins is using git log to find out who to complain to.
17:56 cait lol
17:56 cait i think healready did that
17:56 cait there is acommit message linked in the bug
17:56 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_9381' into 3.12-master <[…]d9dd4a94c20d0219f> / Bug 9381: Increment version number <[…]c9b419341def7c720> / Followup 2 - Bug 9381 - Add Catalan language <[…]15d54b7a00869f6c7
17:56 cait I mean a commit
17:58 jcamins Ah, so there is.
17:58 cait I have to say it looked well researched on first glance
17:59 * jcamins doesn't think Rosalie *really* wanted the fines broken.
17:59 cait hehe
17:59 cait probably not
17:59 jcamins I had only noticed the other commit ID, which is the FIXME but not the cause.
17:59 jcamins But I'm done pushing for today.
18:01 cait you did lots
18:01 cait jcamins++
18:01 cait what exactly does this sliced zebra thing do?
18:02 jcamins That's the script in charge of separating the chuck from the rib, etc.
18:03 jcamins As RM, I have instructed it to reserve the tenderloin for me. :)
18:03 cait *rolleyes at the rm*
18:04 jcamins I did!
18:04 jcamins I feel that it is my prerogative.
18:05 jcamins So far no one has objected, so clearly I was right.
18:05 cait but you don't like meat
18:05 * jcamins resells it at a premium because Zebra tenderloin is very uncommon in New York.
18:05 cait that sounds more like you
18:05 cait magnuse was rebuilding a lot of zebras today
18:05 jcamins It makes economic sense.
18:06 cait maybe has has some leftover parts for you to seel
18:06 cait sell
18:06 jcamins I should've sold him the tenderloin he was missing.
18:06 jcamins ;)
18:06 cait you know how it goes... there is always something left when you try to reassemble a lot of zebras
18:06 jcamins True!
18:06 jcamins Very true.
18:06 wahanui I know. That's why I said it.
18:07 cait it's like with ikea furniture
18:22 drojf left #koha
18:37 gmcharlt @quote random
18:37 huginn gmcharlt: Quote #45: "<CGI988> sekjal - you are a genious!!!!! asking me about the browser!!!! yes it's the #$%$#%$#ing IE was messing my cataloguing, oh I hate miscrosoft, the evil!" (added by gmcharlt at 07:00 PM, November 05, 2009)
18:51 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1135: SUCCESS in 1 hr 11 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1135/
18:51 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 9980: Fix for anonymous searches
18:51 jenkins_koha * D Ruth Bavousett: Bug 8061: RTL CSS overrides (staff client)
18:51 jenkins_koha * D Ruth Bavousett: Bug 8061: RTL CSS overrides (OPAC)
18:51 jenkins_koha * Karam Qubsi: Bug 8061: Follow up - RTL CSS overrides (staff client)
18:51 jenkins_koha * Karam Qubsi: Bug 8061: Follow Up (Opac-Prog) - enhancement to D Ruth's patch
18:51 jenkins_koha * Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 7449: billingplace and freedeliveryplace not saved when creating a new basketgroup
18:51 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 9902 - item subfields not populating
18:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9980 blocker, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , Anonymous searches in the OPAC entirely broken
18:51 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: Bug 9850: Cataloging Help for 3.12
18:51 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: Bug 9850: Update Reports Help for 3.12
18:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8061 major, P1 - high, ---, karamqubsi, Pushed to Master , Koha's templates do not cope well with right-to-left languages
18:51 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: Bug 9850: Serial Help Files for 3.12
18:51 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: Bug 9850: Suggestion Help File for 3.12
18:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7449 major, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Master , billingplace and freedeliveryplace not saved when creating a new basketgroup
18:51 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: Bug 9850: Offline Circ Help Files for 3.12
18:51 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: Bug 9850: Update Circ Help Files for 3.12
18:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9902 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , item subfields not populating
18:51 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: Bug 9850: Add Plugin Help File for 3.12
18:51 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: Bug 9850: Update Tools Help for 3.12
18:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9850 normal, P5 - low, ---, nengard, ASSIGNED , Koha 3.12 Help Files Update
18:51 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: Bug 9850: FOLLOW UP: Add Missing Plugin Help for 3.12
18:51 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 9459 [Revised] Use DataTables on hold ratios report page
18:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9459 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Use DataTables on hold ratios report page
18:51 jenkins_koha * Mason James: Bug 7853 - should correctly redirect back to, if no updates are outstanding
18:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7853 normal, P5 - low, ---, mtj, Pushed to Master , should correctly redirect back to, if no updates are outstanding
18:51 jenkins_koha Starting build #1136 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:53 cait joined #koha
19:48 rangi Morning
19:48 wahanui hmmm... Morning is a state of cat
19:48 jcamins Morning.
19:48 wahanui Ah, morning. The cat must be wanting breakfast.
19:50 cait morning rangi
19:51 jcamins Could you please run the database update on jenkins when you get a chance?
19:51 rangi Will do once I'm off the bus
19:52 jcamins Thanks.
19:54 rangi Should I suggest the next rm should put the version number scheme they want as their proposal and then ppl can decide when picking the release team
19:54 rangi ?
19:54 cait you expect us to get more than 1 person applying to be rm next release?
19:55 rangi If someone suggests a mad scheme it might happen
19:55 rangi :)
19:56 jcamins I was thinking of putting an item on the agenda for the next meeting: "* Vote (NOT DISCUSS) on a proposal to change the version numbering for Koha to whole numbers starting with version 4 instead of what would otherwise be called 3.16"
19:56 rangi Sounds perfect to me
19:57 cait ?
19:57 rangi Fwiw it's always been x.x.x
19:57 * cait likes consistencs
19:57 rangi Starting with 1.0.0
19:57 cait I think changing just to change it is stupid
19:57 jcamins cait: I think discussing it is much more stupid than changing it.
19:58 jcamins ;)
19:58 rangi But I'd be fine with 4.x and then 5.x
19:58 jcamins Okay, I'll revise that to... "begin incrementing the major number of Koha's version every feature release starting with the release after 3.14."
19:58 cait hm
19:58 jcamins Actually, that's clearer, anyway.
19:58 rangi I mean it's not like it matters
19:59 cait so how do we cound bugfix relases then? one level higher?
19:59 rangi Yep
19:59 jcamins 4.1.0
19:59 cait after we kept epxlaining the other scheme over andover
19:59 sabzy1 joined #koha
19:59 cait I still htink it's not a needed change.
19:59 jcamins It's not.
19:59 rangi It's marketing
19:59 jcamins But if this sort of discussion doesn't stop on koha-devel, I am unsubscribing from the Koha mailing lists on May 22.
20:00 rangi There I said it
20:00 jcamins I will vote for anything that makes people focus on actually releasing a working version of Koha.
20:01 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1136: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 10 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1136/
20:01 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 8200 - removing misc/translator/ - deprecated file
20:01 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 8200: Follow up - Removing unused file
20:01 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 9812 - Forbid access to several files through the browser
20:01 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8200 trivial, P5 - low, ---, chris, Pushed to Master , /home/chris/git/koha.git in /usr/share/koha/misc/translator/
20:01 jenkins_koha * Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel: Bug 9381: Add Catalan language
20:01 jenkins_koha * Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel: Followup Bug 9381 - Add Catalan language
20:01 jenkins_koha * Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel: Followup 2 - Bug 9381 - Add Catalan language
20:01 jenkins_koha * Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 9381: Increment version number
20:01 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9812 minor, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Master , Several files shouldn't be exposed or browseable through a URL
20:01 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9381 trivial, P5 - low, ---, bgkriegel, Pushed to Master , Add Catalan language
20:02 cait we could say in order to vote for the version
20:02 cait you have to fix one of the bugs i reported
20:02 jcamins lol
20:03 jcamins Except that people don't actually want to vote.
20:03 rangi Lol
20:03 jcamins People want to argue.
20:06 rangi Fibonacci seq starting next week
20:06 jcamins lol
20:07 cait I am against doing stupid things for marketing
20:07 cait especially if osmeone else is using that idea already
20:07 jcamins So am I.
20:07 jcamins But, as I said, I am more against people spamming me.
20:08 cait hm
20:08 jcamins Every single message in that thread (33!) is a patch that did not get written, signed off, or QAed.
20:08 rangi Oh I signed off 3 for every response I wrote
20:09 rangi To balance the ledger
20:09 jcamins Okay, 31 missed patches.
20:09 rangi But yeah
20:09 jcamins I pushed about 5 patches for each response I wrote, I guess.
20:09 cait ... I only wrote one answer!
20:09 cait and I qa'd more
20:09 rangi Hehe
20:11 rangi Yours was a good answer
20:11 rangi I think we need a big diagram
20:11 rangi On the main site, showing releases
20:12 cait hm?
20:12 mib_r9gxk8 joined #koha
20:12 alohabot Hi mib_r9gxk8, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
20:12 mib_r9gxk8 i am new to Koha. Is there any librarians in London using Koha
20:13 jcamins mib_r9gxk8: there are some, definitely.
20:13 rangi I think so
20:13 rangi Can someone paste the wiki page?
20:14 jcamins I'm looking for it now.
20:14 * rangi will brb
20:14 jcamins mib_r9gxk8:[…]a_Users_Worldwide
20:14 mib_r9gxk8 i am getting used to adding new books. But still not sure about authority records. Anyone a koha pro here?
20:15 jcamins Ask your questions, and if people have answers, we'll give them.
20:15 kathryn joined #koha
20:16 cait morning kathryn
20:16 cait :)
20:16 kathryn hello dear cait of swift greetings!
20:16 kathryn :)
20:17 cait :)
20:17 * jcamins pictures kathryn singing that to the tune of "Knight of the Woeful Countenance."
20:17 mib_r9gxk8 Does anyone know how to add more subfields to tag 111 i.e. corporate author?
20:17 jcamins mib_r9gxk8: what subfields do you want to add?
20:17 * kathryn looks up what must be a familiar ditty
20:18 jcamins Most likely you just need to click where it says "HEADING--CORPORATE NAME"
20:18 mib_r9gxk8 i'd like to add n (conference no)
20:19 jcamins Or, rather, HEADING--MEETING NAME.
20:19 jcamins You said 111 not 110, sorry. :)
20:19 mib_r9gxk8 i did but a few subtags appear but not all
20:19 cait @marc 111 n
20:19 huginn cait: Number of part/section/meeting A number of a meeting or a number designation for a part or section of a work. (Repeatable)
20:19 jcamins Okay, if you did that most likely you need to add it to the framework.
20:20 mib_r9gxk8 how do i add to the framework
20:20 jcamins Take a look in Administration -> Authority types -> MEETI_NAME -> MARC structure
20:20 mib_r9gxk8 thanks
20:21 jcamins Odd.
20:21 jcamins That shows up for me.
20:21 jcamins And I did not modify my authority frameworks at all.
20:21 jcamins Do you possibly mean 111 in the *bib* record?
20:22 mib_r9gxk8 Yes apologies I meant bib record
20:22 jcamins Okay.
20:22 jcamins Administration -> MARC bibliographic frameworks -> (choose the framework you want) -> MARC structure
20:22 rambutan joined #koha
20:27 kathryn Bah haha! jcamins, but yeah I would sing that
20:29 rangi jcamins: updatedatabase run
20:29 jcamins The scansion is a bit off, but I'm sure you could find a way to make "hello dear cait of the swift greetings work."
20:30 * Guest1341 gives jcamins some sunday fudge.
20:30 wizzyrea1 hm no, he makes fine fudg.
20:30 jcamins rangi: thanks!
20:31 wizzyrea1 um, Pi?
20:31 wahanui i guess Pi is fine. glad i made a new card with fresh debian and koha stable before so i can still play with it ;)
20:31 * wizzyrea1 runs gigglig
20:31 * jcamins will take it.
20:31 jcamins Hehe.
20:33 * wizzyrea1 does not have in internet cold, just monday typing fingers.
20:33 wizzyrea1 an*
20:43 rangi i should set up jenkins to build 3.12.x too now eh
20:46 * magnuse waves to #koha before going off to sleep
20:46 rangi jcamins: http://opac.koha.workbuffer.or[…]e_dsc&format=opds
20:47 rangi[…]395cb38a3992b214d
20:47 mib_r9gxk8 not been successful as yet in adding subfield code n to 111. Subfields c d g e appear in template but cant find n? Have checked authority Admin > authority type ..
20:47 rangi the bit i like is the possibilities given with
20:47 rangi[…]isition_Relations
20:48 rambutan would it make sense to have a section on koha-community for "features that would be nice to code if they could get some funding"?
20:48 rangi make your open access stuff easily discoverable
20:48 rangi rambutan: we kinda have that on the wiki, but yeah tidying that up into one place might not hurt
20:48 rangi we'd need a volunteer to curate
20:49 rangi jcamins: an ebook reader like calibre or aldiko can ingest an opds feed
20:50 jcamins Interesting!
20:50 wahanui interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
20:50 jcamins I like it!
20:51 rangi mib_r9gxk8: you checked the marc framework right?
20:51 wizzyrea1 it's not hidden or set to a ludicrous hidden value in the framework
20:51 wizzyrea1 ?
20:53 * cait sighs
20:53 rangi we are working on something that might help rambutan
20:53 cait i need to pass one more... i need a bug that passes!
20:54 wizzyrea and it would work really well if people would mark things Feature instead of enhancement.
20:55 mib_r9gxk8 It says hidden. Tab:1, Repeatable, Mandatory, hidden,. Any ideas on how to unhide
20:55 wizzyrea click into edit
20:55 wizzyrea and click the help
20:55 wizzyrea in the upper right hand corner
20:55 wizzyrea then, click "more constraints"
20:55 wizzyrea and where it says "hidden"
20:55 rambutan we are?
20:55 wizzyrea put in the appropriate value.
20:56 wizzyrea we could do some kind of CSS in our bugzilla that makes the enhancements not grey, but some other color.
20:56 wizzyrea whose bugzilla was I looking at that was super cheerful.
20:56 wizzyrea was it mahara maybe?
20:58 cait they have those super cute graphics too
20:58 wizzyrea cait:[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9894
20:58 huginn Bug 9894: normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , 'hidden' value is hard to understand in frameworks
20:59 cait that's a bit big for tonight
20:59 cait :)
20:59 wizzyrea is it? it's only JS
20:59 cait but I test things you know :)
20:59 cait and it's almost 11
21:00 cait we are 10 hours apart now
21:00 wizzyrea ok yea, it might be heavy for 11
21:00 cait @wunder Konstanz
21:00 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 2.1°C (10:55 PM CEST on April 07, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 79%. Dew Point: -1.0°C. Windchill: 2.0°C. Pressure: 29.89 in 1012 hPa (Falling).
21:00 rangi @wunder nzwn
21:00 Irma joined #koha
21:00 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 11.0°C (8:00 AM NZST on April 08, 2013). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 30.15 in 1021 hPa (Steady).
21:01 wizzyrea this was the one[…]/selection083.png
21:01 wizzyrea and it's all red and stuff.
21:01 wizzyrea but that worm is super cute.
21:01 wizzyrea in his little red shir.t
21:01 wizzyrea shirt*
21:09 * cait fails another :(
21:11 cait1 joined #koha
21:11 cait joined #koha
21:12 cait2 joined #koha
21:12 cait2 left #koha
21:13 rambutan left #koha
21:13 cait1 left #koha
21:14 * cait waves
21:15 cait joined #koha
21:21 cait ok
21:21 cait I am tired
21:21 cait but those dates are not sorted correctly, are they?
21:23 rangi no
21:23 wizzyrea yea no.
21:23 cait meh
21:23 * cait fails another
21:23 wizzyrea which bug?
21:23 cait the third datatables bug in a row :(
21:23 rangi thats one i tested
21:23 rangi you have flushed all your caches eh
21:23 cait i can try that again
21:23 rangi you arent using a mismatch of js ?
21:24 cait mismatch?
21:24 rangi i thought i had it working
21:24 rangi half new half old
21:24 cait hm still the same
21:24 wahanui the same is true in the U.S. It's more propaganda than anything approaching the truth.
21:24 wizzyrea forget the same
21:24 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot same
21:24 cait no errors
21:24 rangi ah well, im sure owen will figure it out
21:24 cait probably
21:25 wizzyrea cait: you are using which date format?
21:25 wizzyrea out of curiosity
21:25 cait dd-mm-yyyy
21:25 cait there is no 17th month ;)
21:25 mib_ng0t0x joined #koha
21:25 alohabot Hi mib_ng0t0x, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
21:25 * wizzyrea wonders if the US dates are working ok
21:25 cait probably.
21:25 cait but I can check
21:26 wizzyrea naw
21:26 wizzyrea that's kind of beyond your pay grade. :)
21:26 wizzyrea it doesn't work with proper dates
21:26 wizzyrea it's bustid.
21:26 cait yep it does work with us
21:26 wizzyrea or you are beyond testing that
21:26 wizzyrea is what I meant.
21:27 rangi maybe i had us on or somthing
21:27 rangi when i tested
21:27 rangi its possible
21:27 rangi or just didnt have enough dates to spot it
21:27 wizzyrea that's the default way *shrug* it'd be easy to miss.
21:28 mib_ng0t0x Please can someone tell me how to suppress the 100 field when the main entry is not the author but the title is. The book has an editor. thanks
21:28 rangi mib_ng0t0x: youve found the manual eh?
21:28 rangi manual?
21:28 wahanui manual is at
21:32 mib_ng0t0x i have checked under Author create authorities etc but each time I save record it says 100 is mandatory field.
21:33 rangi mib_ng0t0x: its the frameworks again
21:33 rangi you need to edit your marc framework to make it not mandatory
21:40 mib_ng0t0x I have selected no to repeatable and no to mandatory in framework. Still cant save because tag 100 sub a field not filled.
21:40 wizzyrea you have to edit the subfield
21:40 wizzyrea to make it not mandatory
21:41 wizzyrea or you have to turn on "biblioaddsauthority"
21:41 wizzyrea or edit the subfield to make it not authority controlled
21:41 wizzyrea it's under "more constraints"
21:41 wizzyrea for subfield a
21:49 mib_ng0t0x You have all been great. Many thanks I am getting used to the idea now of checking the framework.
21:50 mib_ng0t0x Please can you give me another tip so that I can display the subtitle in normal view. I can see the complete title in marc view though.
21:53 mib_ng0t0x sorry to trouble you again. I am not able to see the subtitle tag 100 in the normal view.
22:05 eythian hi all
22:05 * cait waves
22:05 cait and good night :)
22:05 cait left #koha
22:08 wizzyrea[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9983 < this thing is output, and should be configurable as such... anyone want to fight about it? :)
22:08 huginn Bug 9983: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , printable fines page should include name/barcode
22:08 wizzyrea or tell me I'm wrong
22:08 wizzyrea because... that would be ok
22:09 rangi no you are right
22:11 wizzyrea so slips/notices, in my opinion
22:11 wizzyrea if you print it, and a library might want to control what's on the thing they hand to the patron
22:11 wizzyrea it should be in there
22:11 wizzyrea print it, email it
22:11 wizzyrea phone call it
22:11 wizzyrea SMS it
22:12 * wizzyrea tries to fit it into the field of dreams thing, can't
22:16 eythian Work It Make It Do It
22:45 jenkins_koha Starting build #1 for job Koha_3.12.x
22:51 * eythian notes the main koha list seems to still be down (or suspiciously quiet)
22:52 rangi yeah i pinged sijobl but he doesnt seem to be around
22:52 rangi ill drop him an email
22:53 eythian @seen sijobl
22:53 huginn eythian: sijobl was last seen in #koha 2 weeks, 4 days, 0 hours, 21 minutes, and 39 seconds ago: <sijobl> as you do
22:54 rangi email away
22:55 eythian of course, depending on the nature of the problem, he may not get it :)
22:55 rangi heh i think they run a couple of mailservers
22:55 rangi one specifically for the lists, which is a good idea, thats where the spammers hit
22:56 rangi well they used to anyway
22:56 eythian yeah
22:59 mib_kyit98 joined #koha
22:59 alohabot Hi mib_kyit98, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
23:02 mib_kyit98 '/nick paul.a'
23:04 CanuckPaul Anyone here?
23:13 jcamins eythian++
23:23 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.12.x build #1: SUCCESS in 47 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.12.x/1/
23:23 CanuckPaul Good evening|morning -- never used IRC before
23:46 CanuckPaul joined #koha
23:49 dcook joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary