IRC log for #koha, 2013-02-05

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:03 drojf mtj: i'm sure i'm missing the complicated part since i cannot login, but it looks less cluttered than going through long bugzilla threads to see who said what about a patch some time ago ;)
00:04 mtj hey drojf, you are preaching to the converted here :p
00:05 drojf :)
00:26 dcook joined #koha
00:26 dcook Hi #koha
00:32 libsysguy joined #koha
00:32 libsysguy o/
00:39 rangi mtj: yeah i turned it off in frustrations
00:47 libsysguy gerrit?
00:48 mtj … surely its about time for an irc-proxy libsysguy ? :p
00:49 libsysguy if I could figure out bip I would use it
00:53 dcook Anyone out there working on making Koha more RDA compliant?
00:53 dcook Seems like a bit of a nightmare
00:53 rangi its compliant already
00:53 rangi just load in the RDA framework
00:54 rangi now .. what the hell you are supposed to do with that data after you have catalogued it
00:54 rangi well, no one actually knows that
00:54 wizzyrea up to you really >.>
00:54 rangi somehow it magically is better for people or something
00:54 dcook Well, that's what I mean
00:54 trea ......magically
00:54 rangi meanwhile LOC lost interest in it and did bibframe instead
00:54 libsysguy *magic*
00:54 dcook You can load in the framework, but Koha won't do anything with the data you upload
00:55 wizzyrea what is it supposed to do?
00:55 dcook Hmm, I haven't looked at any of my bibrame emails :p
00:55 dcook Ridiculous things, wizzyrea ;)
00:55 dcook To be honest, I have no idea
00:55 rangi you can change the xslt
00:55 rangi and make it display
00:55 dcook The RDA trainer I talked to didn't have a clue either, although she "talked the talk"
00:55 rangi but the fact is .. the new fields dont really provide any added value for anything
00:55 dcook I couldn't agree more
00:55 wizzyrea so... how can we make it more compliant if no one knows what it should do or what value it provides?
00:55 libsysguy left #koha
00:55 dcook 374 Gender? wth?
00:55 * wizzyrea boggels
00:55 rangi heh yeah
00:56 dcook hehe
00:56 rangi so i think having the framework
00:56 rangi[…]i/MARC_frameworks
00:56 rangi so you dont lose data
00:56 rangi its all there
00:56 dcook Well, I was wondering if anyone had done more investigations
00:56 rangi and then when someone figures out what the hell to do with it
00:56 rangi we can :)
00:56 dcook Mmm, I thought that would be the case
00:56 rangi but im not holding my breath, it feels dead in the water to me
00:56 rangi RDA as MARC that is
00:56 wizzyrea floating and putrid.
00:56 dcook I figure we'll do up a new RDA framework and then customize as folk desire
00:56 wizzyrea Mmmmmmm
00:56 wizzyrea it's done
00:57 wizzyrea rangi did it :)
00:57 rangi yeah i did that already :)
00:57 rangi see the link :)
00:57 dcook Hmm
00:57 rangi only the actually accepted links, not all the random proposed ones not accepted yet
00:57 dcook I don't know if I'd classify it as a miracle, but we really shoudl have a sainthood for you, rangi
00:57 rangi s/links/fields/
00:57 * wizzyrea agrees with that.
00:58 rangi someone did send 3 months sending me emails addressed to christ
00:58 rangi spend even
00:58 rangi its in the mailing archives :-)
00:58 dcook lol
00:58 wizzyrea rofl.
00:59 * dcook decides to look back over at Bibframe
00:59 dcook In partnerships with Library and Archives Canada? hmm, they're hooped
01:00 rangi :)
01:00 rangi woo nice email about italy
01:00 dcook Italy?
01:00 dcook Hmm, it is lunch time..
01:00 wizzyrea yuss gazillion italian libraries ^.^
01:00 rangi wanting to put koha into 200+ schools
01:01 dcook :D
01:02 dcook Turkey, Italy, seems like Koha is becoming ever more popular
01:03 dcook Still not very popular in Canada, although I want to do a few volunteer Koha projects for friends back home when I have a few minutes. I'm thinking LiveCDs might be the way to go since they'll be in Windows environments with very low technical expertise
01:03 dcook (and no desire to learn)
01:03 dcook (and volunteers themselves)
01:06 dcook Hmm, can the sql file be uploaded through the webui or does it need to be done directly through mysql?
01:06 * dcook thought that he saw a webui option recently
01:07 wizzyrea "the sql file"
01:07 dcook Ah, export to SQL. Perhaps no import as SQL?
01:07 wizzyrea ?
01:07 dcook The one that chris linked above
01:07 dcook For the framework
01:07 wizzyrea it can be imported
01:07 libsysguy joined #koha
01:07 wizzyrea in administration -> frameworks
01:07 wizzyrea sorry, administration -> MARC bibliographic frameworks :P
01:08 dcook Thanks, wizzyrea
01:08 dcook I was in the right spot. Koha just had a bad label
01:08 dcook It was asking for a spreadsheet
01:08 wizzyrea bad label?
01:08 dcook When you click on "Import"
01:08 wizzyrea oh lordie.
01:08 dcook It says "Spreadsheet File:"
01:08 * wizzyrea fixes it
01:08 wizzyrea file a bug for that?
01:09 glawson_ joined #koha
01:09 dcook Sure
01:09 wizzyrea please and thank you
01:09 wizzyrea :
01:09 wizzyrea :)
01:12 dcook Bug 9545
01:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9545 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Fix Import Marc Bibliographic Framework Text Label
01:12 wizzyrea ty :)
01:12 dcook np :)
01:19 mtj libsysguy, i tried bip too, and didnt succeed…. :/
01:20 libsysguy what do you use?
01:20 libsysguy I was just messing with it again
01:20 mtj but.. i did then try znc, and volia! - too easy
01:21 libsysguy installing...
01:23 mtj s/volia/voilà/
01:26 libsysguy_afk joined #koha
01:26 libsysguy hey hey
01:26 libsysguy there I am
01:26 eythian yeah znc is pretty easy
01:26 * wizzyrea wants to get a rpi for her bouncer.
01:26 libsysguy now I just have to configure adium to point to it
01:28 dcook Rangi, how did you create the RDA framework? Did you edit it as a spreadsheet or as SQL? I think I might end up adding in a bunch of the other 3xx fields that Libraries Australia seems keen to add
01:29 rangi just edit it in framework editor
01:29 rangi adding new ones is easy
01:29 dcook Seems like a lot of clicking to save changes before moving on to a new subfield or tag though :/
01:31 dcook Glad the marc21 plugin has been updated for the 006 and 008 though :D
01:32 dracoling joined #koha
01:34 libsysguy_afk ah that's much better
01:36 wizzyrea you're not afk.
01:36 wizzyrea lol
01:36 * wizzyrea gets all picky on you
01:37 dcook This might sound random, but do Koha folks ever sort of do a random table and say what projects they're working on?
01:38 wizzyrea hm not really?
01:38 wizzyrea i mean, not formally.
01:38 dcook It seems like I'm always bug fixing, so I wonder where people find the time to develop and what they work on
01:38 rangi we normally tell people on irc
01:39 dcook Makes sense.
01:39 wizzyrea yea, if you're working on something, and you want everyone to know you're working on it, you'd tell the IRC and the developer mailing list.
01:39 wizzyrea that would hit most people.
01:40 wizzyrea like, jcamins is doing a search rewrite, he did that.
01:40 wizzyrea there's probably also a proper spec somewhere
01:40 wizzyrea on the wiki.
01:40 wahanui rumour has it on the wiki is more information about the packages
01:40 * jcamins_away stops banging his head on the table briefly at the sound of his name.
01:40 jcamins_away search rewrite?
01:40 wahanui i think search rewrite is[…]earch_Rewrite_RFC
01:40 jcamins_away ^^ there
01:40 wahanui ^^ there is that very good point
01:40 wizzyrea why are you bruising your brain
01:40 dcook jcamins is doing a search rewrite?
01:40 dcook He might be my new hero
01:40 jcamins_away Yes.
01:40 jcamins_away See the above wiki page.
01:40 wizzyrea oh.
01:40 wizzyrea no you need your brain to do that
01:41 * wizzyrea gets you a bit of foam to put between your skull and the table
01:41 jcamins_away No, the above wiki page was for dcook.
01:41 jcamins_away :)
01:42 dcook Thanks, jcamins :)
01:42 wizzyrea forget ^^ there
01:42 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot ^^ there
01:42 jcamins_away Also, one client sent me someone else's 1099, and I have four books of deposit slips that seem to have the wrong routing number.
01:43 libsysguy will not bug jcamins_away this day
01:43 * libsysguy ^^
01:43 wizzyrea that is really pants.
01:44 jcamins_away If I had gotten paid all the money that they just reported to the government, I wouldn't mind so much.
01:44 jcamins_away Heck, I wouldn't mind at all.
01:44 jcamins_away I would also have a new bathroom, and possibly quartz countertops.
01:45 libsysguy hbt
01:45 libsysguy I smell a lawsuit for mail fraud?
01:45 jcamins_away I'm hoping that the client just fixes the problem.
01:46 jcamins_away I mean, the checks were made out to someone else, so surely they can send a letter to the IRS saying "sorry, 'C' and 'H' are very close on the keyboard."
01:46 wizzyrea[…]588&type=1&ref=nf
01:46 wizzyrea does that work?
01:46 wizzyrea this really tickled me
01:47 jcamins_away lol
01:47 wizzyrea[…]200&type=1&ref=nf <- from my high school librarian, whom I loved dearly.
01:47 wizzyrea (also, how awesome is it that I can be internet friends with my beloved high school librarian?)
01:47 dcook hehe
01:47 * dcook thumbs up
01:56 wajasu joined #koha
02:40 Irma joined #koha
02:41 wajasu so. what is the current goal these days.  bug 8309 DBIx::Class   or stick with Class::Accessor style.
02:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8309 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , Koha namespace organisation, first implementation
02:42 rangi those are 2 totally different things for totally different use cases
02:44 rangi if you check the patches there, its actually Moose + DBIx::Class
02:44 wajasu bug8798 is what I mean.
02:44 rangi my preference would be Class::Accessor + DBIx::Class
02:45 rangi moose is huge and slow
02:45 wajasu i thought DBIx::Class depended on Moose.
02:45 rangi no
02:45 rangi not in the slightest
02:45 wajasu ok. then
02:46 wajasu i just read about 50 emails for all the signoffs since August.
02:47 wajasu i am mad at myself that bug 8378 caused problems.
02:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8378 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, In Discussion , <fine> syntax not working on overdues anymore
02:47 libsysguy before dbix::class sees any action nginx needs to get in
02:48 wajasu i guess i could do  a rewrite with a class::Accessor
02:51 wajasu is plack an option yet?
02:52 wizzyrea meh people make mistakes it's alright.
02:52 wizzyrea :)
02:53 rangi plack is an option yes, but everything has to still function without it also
02:54 wajasu your right.
02:56 eythian wajasu: your right is <reply>No! Go Left!
02:56 eythian err
02:56 eythian wahanui: your right is <reply>No! Go Left!
02:56 wahanui i already had it that way, eythian.
02:57 eythian wahanui: your right is also <reply>No, the other right.
02:57 wahanui okay, eythian.
02:59 wajasu you arer right
02:59 wizzyrea your right
03:00 wizzyrea it's not workinggggggg
03:00 wajasu your right.
03:00 wizzyrea your right?
03:00 wizzyrea curses.
03:02 jcamins_away Everything does not function with Plack.
03:02 jcamins_away That's a problem.
03:05 eythian wahanui's right
03:05 wahanui No, the other right.
03:05 eythian wahanui: \your right is <reply>No! Go Left!
03:05 wahanui OK, eythian.
03:05 eythian wahanui: \your right is also <reply>No, the other right.
03:05 wahanui okay, eythian.
03:05 wizzyrea your right
03:05 wahanui No! Go Left!
03:06 wizzyrea eythian++
03:08 jcamins_away And yes, I know some people say that Plack works perfectly.
03:08 jcamins_away It does not.
03:12 mtj peeps, is there a patch about - to allow koha packages to run using a git repo?
03:12 wizzyrea >.>
03:12 wizzyrea ping chrish
03:12 mtj ta wiz
03:14 cjh you just need to make changes to the git config, I have a script that can do this for you.
03:14 cjh gah, sorry make changes to the koha config >.>
03:14 eythian also apache config
03:14 cjh that too, third time lucky >.>
03:18 jcamins_away cjh: it sounds really useful! You should share the script!
03:18 cjh it's managed to now break a few installs now, so was planning to release it at some point.
03:18 jcamins_away Yay!
03:18 cjh ill throw it up on my git server as well as github.
03:19 mtj i reaally wanted to patch koha-create to add this…
03:20 mtj but then i looked at the code, and ran away
03:20 cjh heh
03:20 jcamins_away I found koha-create easy to understand.
03:20 jcamins_away But I think a separate script would be better.
03:20 cjh the script i suseful for migrating already created sites as well.
03:20 cjh although its really just regex and a little arg passing.
03:21 jcamins_away Or, of course, we could simply revise all the scripts to work on any kind of installation. :)
03:22 dcook :D
03:22 cjh I also plan to make some changes to koha-foreach and koha-shell, as they currently don't behave as well as I would like (when using a git repo)
03:24 rangi of course you have to be mental to run a production site on anything other than the packages, so this is all just for dev/staging stuff :)
03:25 wizzyrea right, the idea is to have a nice accessible way for people to create a development environment
03:25 wizzyrea not a way to make it easier to run a production system on git
03:25 wizzyrea because that is menta.
03:25 wizzyrea mental.*
03:26 * dcook does feel mental sometimes
03:27 cjh if we are lucky:
03:27 mtj i want a prod koha running using the packages, from a git repo
03:27 jcamins_away mtj: what?
03:27 wizzyrea why?
03:27 cjh I wouldn't particularly recommend using my code to handle the conversion.
03:28 * cjh doesn't want to break prod
03:28 jcamins_away cjh++
03:29 mtj .. .because every now and again, i might want to apply a safe, tested, and urgent patch to a prod koha
03:29 eythian I think what you're actually asking for is what we do.
03:29 wizzyrea you could create and deploy your own packages
03:29 rangi build a package and deploy
03:29 rangi exactly
03:29 jcamins_away You should be building packages with those patches.
03:29 dcook jcamins has a script for that up on his github I believe
03:29 rangi deploy to staging test, and deploy live
03:30 wizzyrea there's a script in koha to do that
03:30 cjh yay, consensus!
03:30 jcamins_away Having a git repo for production is entirely missing the point.
03:30 eythian I think that's what mtj said, just in a slightly turned-about way.
03:30 dcook Well, unless you use an OS that doesn't support packages, non?
03:30 jcamins_away wizzyrea: yeah, but for those of us who are lazy, there's also a script I wrote which runs build-git-snapshot and a whole bunch of other things.
03:31 wizzyrea oh, well ok then.
03:32 mtj i admit i havent yet learnt to build a new debain package to deploy a trival patch
03:33 dcook But if it's a trivial patch, why not just use git bz?
03:33 dcook Actually...
03:33 * wizzyrea gives dcook "the look"
03:33 * dcook goes back about his business
03:34 cjh dcook: they are talking about making a patch live, not sharing with the community :)
03:34 wizzyrea it's withering
03:34 jcamins_away dcook: yes, you use git-bz to apply the patch.
03:34 jcamins_away It's the deployment that the packages are for.
03:34 rangi then build-git-snapshot
03:34 rangi to make your package to deploy
03:34 rangi that puts things in the right places, and with proper security
03:34 jcamins_away Two different parts of the process.
03:34 rangi and file permissions
03:34 glawson_ joined #koha
03:34 rangi running out of git you expose a lot of files that have no need to be
03:35 dcook It took me a minute to remember that I use a different process :p
03:36 dcook I'd be interested to know what other folk not running Debian and Ubuntu do...
03:36 jcamins_away Suffer.
03:36 dcook Well, besides that :p
03:36 * wizzyrea tries not to spit drink on her computer
03:36 rangi id hope they run from tarballs
03:36 dcook I was just thinking that
03:36 rangi and build and deploy their own
03:36 dcook We had this discussion last year
03:36 jcamins_away Well, yeah, they use the tarballs.
03:36 jcamins_away But that doesn't negate the suffering.
03:37 eythian they should presumably use git export or similar to make their own tarballs
03:37 eythian they can pretend they're using slackware.
03:38 jcamins_away eythian: sounds like suffering to me. :P
03:38 rangi perl
03:38 rangi make tardist
03:38 rangi if you want to do that
03:38 dcook To be honest, I figure it's just switch over to Debian :p
03:38 jcamins_away Cool, that's a new one for me.
03:39 dcook just easier*
03:39 jcamins_away I use git archive.
03:39 rangi sorry make manifest tardist
03:39 rangi or make manifest zipdist
03:40 jcamins_away Still new. :)
03:41 wizzyrea oh yep
03:41 wizzyrea cool, thanks for that
03:43 wizzyrea rangi++ that will be in the logs forever!
03:45 mtj cjh, thanks for koha-gitify paste too ^^
03:45 rangi http://perldoc.koha-community.[…]_RELEASE_TARBALLS
03:46 rangi its even documented :)
03:46 wizzyrea ^.^
03:46 * wizzyrea read "make tardis" and thought "awesome!"
03:46 wizzyrea if only briefly.
03:49 dcook hehe
03:50 dcook The secret was there and documented all along
03:50 jcamins_away rangi: why would you use that instead of git archive?
03:50 rangi it uses the Manifest
03:50 jcamins_away Alternatively, why am I using git archive instead of that for packaging release tarballs?
03:51 rangi someone probably broke it, that's often what happens
03:52 jcamins_away What we really need is to get back to our MakeMaker roots... the installer used to be way less fragile.
03:53 * wizzyrea thinks we really ought to make the webinstaller less ridiculous
03:53 wizzyrea it ought to be like wordpress's famous 5 minute one.
03:53 jcamins_away That too.
03:53 rangi ah yep, someone broke MANIFEST.skip
03:53 wizzyrea curses.
03:53 rangi easy fix
03:53 rangi ill send a patch
03:54 rangi MANIFEST.skip is handy to specify stuff we dont want in the tarball
03:54 rangi but once i fixed that, it ran just fine
03:54 rangi its gzipping as we speak
04:01 wizzyrea how often is regenerated?
04:02 trea left #koha
04:02 wizzyrea or is that automagic
04:02 rangi automagic
04:02 wizzyrea noice.
04:03 rangi bug 9546
04:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9546 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , MANIFEST.SKIP breaking regexp when running make manifest tardist
04:13 Irma1 joined #koha
04:24 Irma joined #koha
04:29 glawson_ joined #koha
04:37 dcook_ joined #koha
04:38 dcook_ Hmm
05:01 glawson_ joined #koha
06:20 cait joined #koha
06:29 cait good morning #koha
06:32 barriers joined #koha
06:41 cjh morning cait :)
06:41 cait morning cjh :)
06:45 Irma left #koha
06:45 cait hm evening :)
07:05 glawson_ joined #koha
07:39 cait oh of course...
07:39 cait I have to go to work and it starts raining heavily
07:41 reiveune joined #koha
07:41 reiveune hello
07:47 cait hi reiveune
07:47 reiveune salut cait, magnuse :)
07:49 cait @wunder Konstanz
07:49 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 6.4°C (8:45 AM CET on February 05, 2013). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 85%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Windchill: 4.0°C. Pressure: 29.77 in 1008 hPa (Falling).
07:49 magnuse @wunder boo
07:49 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is -1.0°C (8:20 AM CET on February 05, 2013). Conditions: Light Snow. Humidity: 80%. Dew Point: -4.0°C. Windchill: -5.0°C. Pressure: 29.00 in 982 hPa (Steady).
07:49 cait overcast turns out to be super windy and raining
07:49 magnuse :-(
07:49 magnuse @wunder marseille
07:49 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 8.0°C (8:30 AM CET on February 05, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 87%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Windchill: 6.0°C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1018 hPa (Steady).
07:51 cait left #koha
08:01 francharb joined #koha
08:01 laurence joined #koha
08:01 francharb hi
08:02 lds joined #koha
08:21 paul_p joined #koha
08:22 sophie_m joined #koha
08:30 rangi evening
08:31 magnuse kia ora!
08:37 kf joined #koha
08:38 kf good morning #koha
08:57 gerundio joined #koha
09:03 mtj hi reiveune francharb rangi magnuse kf
09:03 reiveune hi mtj
09:04 magnuse kia ora mtj et al
09:04 francharb hi mtj
09:04 kf hi mtj :)
09:51 magnuse lesson learned: some people can't access port 8080
09:52 kf ah
09:52 kf I had lots of trouble with that when doing presentations in various institutions
09:52 magnuse yeah
09:52 magnuse better to not use 8080 at all, methinks
09:53 kf we changed our demo installations to run on 80 and 443 only
09:54 kf having different ports for production is nice, because you can limit ip adress access for intranet in the firewall
09:58 magnuse ooh, good point
10:05 magnuse there is no way to customize the text on /cgi-bin/koha/, right? where it says "Don't have a password yet?" etc
10:06 magnuse the text you see when yo uare not logged in , i mean
10:07 kf I have done it with jquery
10:07 kf I coudl show you an example?
10:08 magnuse yes please!
10:08 * magnuse should have thought about that...
10:09 kf look for the comment /* Anmeldung, the 2 lines below that
10:09 kf hm interesting
10:09 wahanui i heard interesting was sometimes good and sometimes bad
10:09 magnuse yup, got it
10:09 kf the text vanished
10:09 magnuse kf++
10:10 kf oh wrong cataog, that explains
10:10 magnuse hehe
10:10 magnuse might be an idea to turn that area into a syspref...
10:11 magnuse (kf will say it can't be translated then, which is of course correct)
10:11 magnuse :-)
10:11 kf magnuse: true, she will say that
10:11 kf want an example for "translated" jquery? :)
10:12 magnuse yes please?
10:12 magnuse we could also have the syspref be a tt fragment and evaluate it in the template
10:13 kf I think what we'd need is some kind of control structure
10:13 kf but it might beesier to just integrate it in the news system?
10:13 kf that is supposed to do what we want... but we are still missing a standard language definition to be used as a proper fallback
10:13 magnuse then we coul dhave this in the syspref: [% IF language = de-DE %]Guten tag[% ELSE %]Hello[% END %]
10:23 francharb joined #koha
10:43 lds joined #koha
11:12 drojf joined #koha
11:14 kf hi drojf :)
11:15 drojf hi kf :)
12:14 drojf joined #koha
12:19 francharb` joined #koha
12:24 kf quiet day on #koha
12:31 tcohen joined #koha
12:35 jcamins Good morning, #koha.
12:36 kf welcome back!
12:36 wahanui I was trapped in a maze of twisty, turny passages, all alike.
12:36 kf wahanui: not you.
12:36 wahanui kf: huh?
12:36 jcamins Hehe.
12:37 kf back home safe and sound? :)
12:37 jcamins Yup.
12:37 kf :)
12:37 kf yay!
12:40 drojf joined #koha
12:40 drojf back
12:41 kf drojf: see who is back from vacation!
12:41 kf :P
12:41 kf jcamins: is myshkin around too?
12:41 jcamins Nope.
12:41 kf oooh :(
12:43 drojf myshkin is still on vacation? i picture him sitting somewhere with a hat and a cocktail glass. with a little cocktail umbrella (no idea what they are called in english, probably not that)
12:43 jcamins Cocktail umbrellas. :)
12:43 drojf ha. languages, so easy
12:43 jcamins Hehe.
12:43 kf drojf: and a toothpick with a mouse in the cocktail? *ew*
12:43 drojf lol
12:44 jcamins Hehe.
12:48 * jcamins prepares to flex his RM muscles.
12:50 kf heh
12:50 kf scary
12:51 jcamins Hey, do you know where that chart showing bug statuses is?
12:55 nengard joined #koha
12:57 tcohen good morning
13:00 lds1 joined #koha
13:01 gerundio joined #koha
13:05 kf jcamins: hmm
13:05 kf jcamins: look on the gbsd wiki pages
13:05 jcamins Where would I find them?
13:05 kf look for gbsd in the wiki?
13:05 kf :)
13:05 kf gbsd?
13:05 wahanui gbsd is, like, Global Bug Squashing Day
13:05 jcamins What am I looking for?
13:05 jcamins I see a whole bunch.
13:06 jcamins The last one in November.
13:06 kf[…]ug_squashing_week
13:06 jcamins Oh.
13:06 jcamins Right.
13:06 jcamins Sorry, I forgot my question.
13:06 kf jcamins: are you sure the vacation was a good idea?
13:06 jcamins lol
13:06 * kf hides
13:07 jcamins Right now I am writing a message about the 3.12 timeline.
13:07 jcamins And fortifying my office against the waves of protest that will follow.
13:07 kf now you made me curious :)
13:22 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:23 oleonard joined #koha
13:24 * jcamins does a duck-and-cover drill.
13:25 TJGom joined #koha
13:27 glawson_ joined #koha
13:29 jcamins @later tell rangi Could you please run updatedatabase on jenkins.
13:29 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
13:29 jcamins @later tell rangi Could you please add a 3.14 version to Bugzilla?
13:29 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
13:33 kf jcamins: now you stole my idea :)
13:34 oleonard Hi everybody
13:34 gerundio joined #koha
13:34 kf hi oleonard :)
13:38 nengard hiya oleonard and all
13:41 Oak joined #koha
13:55 khall wizzyrea: can you SO the QA followup on bug 5790 ?
13:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5790 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Deleting a biblio should alert/fail if there are existent subscriptions and holds
13:56 kf khall: she is asleep .)
13:56 khall that's kind of what I figured ; )
13:56 khall do we have a bot here that supports @later ?
13:56 jcamins Yeah, huginn.
13:57 edveal joined #koha
13:57 khall thanks!
13:57 kf @later tell khall boo
13:57 huginn kf: The operation succeeded.
13:57 khall @later tell wizzyrea can you SO the QA followup on bug 5790?
13:57 huginn khall: The operation succeeded.
13:57 khall ahh!
13:57 oleonard All the Koha timeline events I put in my calendar get automatically scheduled for 3:12PM
13:57 * khall frightens easily
13:58 kf hehe
13:58 kf oleonard: lol
13:58 kf not a bad time :)
13:59 oleonard Feature freeze is coming up quite soon. Time does fly.
13:59 khall jcamins, thanks for the push update, I kind of figured I just had to wait a but
13:59 khall s/but/bit/
13:59 magnuse hehe
14:01 magnuse gah. i had my sip2 client code talking nicely to the koha sip2 server on thursday. today all i cen get out of the server is "new Sip::MsgType: Skipping message '63' unsupported by protocol rev. '1'". what the dickens?
14:01 jcamins magnuse: eww.
14:01 jcamins What SIP2 client?
14:01 magnuse the one i'm writing ;-)
14:01 jcamins Why are you writing a SIP2 client?
14:01 magnuse just checking the usernames/passwords
14:02 Dyrcona magnuse: Why reinvent the wheel?[…]IP2.git;a=summary
14:02 magnuse i'm working on an ebook thing that will authenticate users against ILSes using SIP2
14:02 magnuse i am leeching off some code dpavlin wrote
14:03 khall magnuse, this may help[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9288
14:03 magnuse thanks Dyrcona, but perl is my weapon of choice...
14:03 huginn Bug 9288: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Add a script to test SIP from the command line
14:04 khall it would be really nice to have a SIP2 Client module in CPAN
14:04 magnuse it would!
14:04 magnuse i was mildly shocked to find there wasn't one already
14:04 * Dyrcona wishes Standard Interchange Protocol would just die already.
14:04 magnuse Dyrcona: yup
14:05 magnuse here's the code i have been using:
14:05 magnuse as i said it was working nicely on thursday
14:05 magnuse today the server seems to insist on not using sip v. 2
14:06 drojf do i need ICU to search french î? or is that a matter of improper mapping file?
14:07 jcamins drojf: you should not.
14:08 kf jcamins: maybe if it's not mapped to i you need to add it?
14:09 jcamins kf: maybe.
14:09 kf oleonard++ for working on bootstrap
14:09 drojf that's what i meant with improper mapping file. i'll see what is in there
14:10 NateC joined #koha
14:10 drojf i remember doing one for german as there was none. and nobody signed off on it :P
14:10 kf drojf: why are you not using icu?
14:10 oleonard kf: I'm going to dump a big pile of patches on you if the first couple from bug 9420 get pushed
14:10 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9420 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Work on Bootstrap for Koha
14:11 drojf kf: we do on the test server but not on the other, test-but-one-day-productive server
14:11 kf hm
14:11 kf that is not exactly an explanation :)
14:11 drojf not my call…
14:11 drojf nobody listens to me
14:11 drojf or something like that
14:11 drojf ^^
14:12 kf oleonard: could I ask you for a bug list with the right sequence maybe? :)
14:12 kf drojf: do it the sneaky way? :P
14:12 drojf i don't understand the one thing after the other approach some people use
14:12 drojf i can very well do a lot of things at a… OH LOOK a squirrel!!!
14:13 oleonard kf: I haven't filed separate bugs for each patch, but I could. The order should not matter once the first couple are pushed.
14:13 kf ok, so what was the first couple again? I am going to write myself a big note
14:14 kf ah right
14:14 kf 9420
14:14 kf bug 9420
14:15 kf and the other was acq navigation, right?
14:15 * kf is a bit confused today, sorry
14:15 oleonard Yes
14:16 kf ok :)
14:19 gerundio joined #koha
14:42 gerundio joined #koha
14:49 maximep joined #koha
14:50 francharb joined #koha
15:04 magnuse oh for crying out loud. all my sip2 woes were caused by my updating the code of the koha installation, but not running the web installer to do the upgrades. so what i was seeing was the sip2 equivalent of the "maintenance" sign in the opac... i think i'll go to bed now...
15:05 kf lol
15:05 kf bit early? :)
15:05 magnuse yeah...
15:06 * kf hands you a cookie
15:06 kf note it down somewhere, so it won't be a problem next time :)
15:07 magnuse thanks for the cookie
15:07 magnuse now i have forgotten what i catually wanted to work on today...
15:07 oleonard Signing off on lots of patches?
15:08 kf organize gbsd? :)
15:10 libsysguy kf
15:11 drojf so it's called KOHA in your proprietary system? :P
15:11 kf you shouldn't do KOHA
15:12 libsysguy thats the unique key
15:13 kf it's a bit irritating it shows the oldest versions first everywhere
15:13 libsysguy ah yeah, I'm sure there is a setting for that
15:13 libsysguy I was actually pointing out the graph
15:14 kf hm
15:14 kf which tab was that? when I click your link now it always brings me to "agile" because I was looking around a bit
15:14 kf ah summary
15:15 libsysguy ah yes summary
15:15 kf yeah it's building up
15:15 kf but we also got more developers and people..., only not more sign-offers
15:16 kf hm well you might just have wanted to point out that it#s a nice graph :)
15:17 libsysguy I guess it was known that sign-offs have slipped, I just didn't know the gap was growing like that
15:17 jcamins Yup.
15:17 gerundio joined #koha
15:18 chris_n cat quot of the day: "To err is human.  To purr, feline"
15:19 drojf @seen mveron
15:19 huginn drojf: mveron was last seen in #koha 3 weeks, 1 day, 7 hours, 46 minutes, and 17 seconds ago: <mveron> BRB
15:19 drojf lol
15:20 drojf it's been quite a while for "brb"
15:20 jcamins drojf: he inadvertantly fell through a temporal rift and is going to reappear in a few weeks unaware that it's been months.
15:21 drojf we should send out those facebooky "where are you? your bugs are missing you. maybe you know 9876, 8765 or eight other bugs?" emails
15:21 jcamins Heh.
15:21 jcamins bug 9876
15:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9876 was not found.
15:21 jcamins bug 8765
15:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8765 minor, P5 - low, ---, dcook, RESOLVED FIXED, Add series title to intranet search results (non XSLT)
15:21 drojf i improvised ;)
15:21 jcamins I gathered.
15:21 drojf :)
15:21 jcamins Eventually.
15:23 drojf there sure is a lot of enhancement bugs waiting. people should spend more time fixing stuff ;)
15:28 jcamins drojf: or at least ushering the enhancements already submitted through.
15:30 libsysguy jcamins, kf I've canceled any of the atlassian software related to koha and shutdown the server
15:30 libsysguy sorry for causing a fuss
15:32 kf libsysguy:  :(
15:34 oleonard Nobody's opposed to trying to address workflow issues libsysguy, we're just opposed to doing it using non-FOSS software
15:34 kf libsysguy: I didn't want to discourage you :(
15:34 oleonard libsysguy: You seem to have ideas about how we can improve our workflow. Are they all tied to software, or are there issue that can be addressed organizationally?
15:34 libsysguy I know, but after seeing what rangi went through with gerrit
15:34 libsysguy I just don't want to try
15:34 oleonard ?
15:35 libsysguy I would like to work on the review process
15:35 oleonard "what rangi went through with gerrit?"
15:35 jcamins Okay...
15:35 jcamins I have a question.
15:35 libsysguy he pushed with gerrit adoption
15:35 libsysguy and didn't really get anywhere
15:36 libsysguy shoot jcamins
15:36 oleonard Shooting jcamins won't solve anything
15:36 libsysguy hehe
15:36 jcamins Why does the jQuery documentation suggest things like $(element).load if the only object that handles .load is $(window)?
15:36 drojf joined #koha
15:36 libsysguy a backporting failure?
15:36 jcamins If I'd *known* that that was the only object with a .load event that triggers, I wouldn't have bothered with anything else first!
15:37 libsysguy lol well maybe they make money on a per keystroke basis
15:38 jcamins lol
15:38 oleonard jcamins: used on which element?
15:38 jcamins oleonard: I tried it on an img element, then a div, then document.
15:38 oleonard The warnings about img are pretty big ( but it does imply you can use it elsewhere
15:39 jcamins Yeah.
15:39 jcamins I saw the warnings.
15:39 kf jcamins: what are you trying to do?
15:39 oleonard jcamins: Is it documentation or experience that tells you it doesn't actually work on others?
15:39 jcamins But I was hoping to get around the fact that ajaxStop doesn't seem to get triggered.
15:39 jcamins Experience.
15:39 jcamins Hard won, miserably endured.
15:39 oleonard Deprecated in 1.8 anyway...
15:40 Dyrcona Heh...
15:40 oleonard jcamins: What about .ready() ?
15:40 jcamins oleonard: .ready() fires before AJAX requests are completed.
15:40 jcamins And .ajaxStop doesn't do anything that I can find.
15:41 jcamins Unless maybe I put .ajaxStop inside .ready?
15:41 drojf the one thing i learned about jquery the last days is that it is very persistent and backwards compatible. not. :(
15:43 mib_7uw2es joined #koha
15:43 alohabot Hi mib_7uw2es, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
15:43 jcamins See, <-- that example never gets triggered.
15:45 kf people, stop complaining and eat cookies :)
15:46 jcamins Well, problem solved with $(window).load()
15:46 chris_n did someone say cookies?
15:47 kf hey chris_n :)
15:49 chris_n heya kf
15:52 barriers_ joined #koha
15:57 matts_ joined #koha
16:06 jajm joined #koha
16:07 kf wahanui: 90-04095802
16:07 wahanui kf: what?
16:07 kf 3/2
16:07 kf wahanui: 2/2
16:07 wahanui 1
16:08 kf wahanui: 90-4095802
16:08 wahanui -4095712
16:08 drojf wahanui: get me some food
16:08 wahanui drojf: what?
16:08 oleonard kf: No cheating on your math homework!
16:08 drojf wahanui: now that you ask… not sure. gluten free kebab?
16:08 wahanui drojf: bugger all, i dunno
16:08 kf oleonard: oooh
16:09 chris_n wahanui: tan(45)
16:09 wahanui chris_n: what?
16:09 chris_n I guess wahanui never got to trig
16:09 drojf wahanui: kebab²
16:09 wahanui drojf: sorry...
16:09 kf wahanui: 4%3
16:09 wahanui 0.052
16:09 oleonard wahanui probably switched to art class like I did
16:09 wahanui oleonard: what?
16:09 kf that doesn't look right?
16:10 reiveune left #koha
16:12 chris_n no, 4%3 is 1
16:12 chris_n sorry wahanui
16:12 chris_n go back to painting
16:14 jcamins 4 \ 3
16:14 jcamins wahanui: 4 \ 2
16:14 wahanui jcamins: excuse me?
16:14 jcamins wahanui: 4 \ 3
16:14 wahanui jcamins: sorry...
16:14 jcamins wahanui: 4 / 3
16:14 wahanui 1.33333333333333
16:14 jcamins wahanui: 4 // 3
16:14 wahanui 4
16:14 jcamins wahanui: 4 mod 3
16:14 wahanui jcamins: i'm not following you...
16:15 oleonard wahanui: Why was 6 afraid of 7?
16:15 wahanui oleonard: i haven't a clue
16:15 jcamins lol
16:30 laurence left #koha
16:40 drojf joined #koha
17:03 drojf people who bought "please provide step by step instructions" on the web also bought "can you do it for me?" in real life
17:03 * drojf feels ranty
17:03 jcamins lol
17:03 glawson_ joined #koha
17:07 kf $Caitli
17:07 kf ignore that :)
17:07 * oleonard feels ranty about patches without test plans
17:07 oleonard Even the small patches need test plans!
17:07 kf people, stop ranting, eat more cookies.
17:08 * oleonard rants while eating cookies, sprays crumbs on his keyboard
17:08 kf lol
17:14 nengard you need one of those keyboard vacuums
17:19 drojf usb powered?
17:19 nengard yes
17:19 nengard[…]uct/dp/B000MVD55E
17:19 nengard :)
17:20 drojf lol
17:21 nengard you've never seen that?
17:21 jcamins lol
17:21 jcamins I hadn't.
17:22 oleonard Useful for a laptop I guess. I just take this desktop keyboard apart and bathe it.
17:22 drojf me neither. i expected its existance, still it's funny to actually see it being sold :)
17:23 nengard :) hehe
17:23 nengard There are more funny ones on thinkigeek
17:23 nengard thinkgeek
17:26 kf bye all :)
17:29 gerundio joined #koha
17:50 drojf my kingdom for a mini usb cable. or is it micro?
17:50 * oleonard offers one of his 5
17:51 jcamins We have a chronic shortage.
17:52 * oleonard blames jcamins' cats
17:52 drojf i have some at home. but to get there i would like to put more music on my music player here and now :(
17:53 drojf i need wireless usb
17:53 jcamins You mean... bluetooth? :P
17:54 drojf heh maybe. maybe there are little-usb dongles
17:54 rangi jcamins: done and done
17:55 drojf »Persona. Simplified sign-in«. cool. just can't login
17:55 drojf rangi: have you visited the dev part of the mozilla marketplace by any chance?
17:56 rangi yep
17:57 rangi that reminds me, i have to finish my persona code for koha before march 15
17:57 drojf hm. i get a popup that says "connecting to persona" and nothing ever happens
17:57 drojf i can login directly to persona though. just don't use it for anything :D
17:57 drojf s/don't/not/
17:58 rangi hmm i just logged in ok
17:58 jcamins rangi: thanks.
17:58 drojf strange. i even turned off all adblockers, cookie stuff, script blockers etc
17:59 rangi weird
18:00 rangi speaking of apps
18:00 rangi updated version of kiritaki koha just came out
18:00 rangi jcamins: i switched 3.4 to inactive too
18:01 jcamins Thanks!
18:07 * jcamins successfully tied an Eldredge knot!
18:07 jcamins Much easier than a bowtie.
18:12 jcamins It's not the right kind of tie for an Eldredge knot, but it's still pretty awesome.
18:14 drojf rangi: works in safe mode. looks like it does not like one of my extensions
18:14 * magnuse finally groks the last part of his sip2 puzzle and calls it a day before he can discover anything wrong with the solution
18:15 drojf oh wow, 100 pages of TOS
18:17 oleonard So, shorter than average drojf?
18:17 drojf lol
18:18 cait joined #koha
18:18 talljoy joined #koha
18:19 * cait waves
18:20 * chris_n hands jcamins a gordian knot
18:24 drojf ha. firefox os is not even released and has more apps than webos ever got
18:25 rangi heh
18:25 rangi morning
18:25 * rangi gets up to feed the horde
18:27 cait morning
18:27 * chris_n offers to help rangi carry the zillion nearly-empty boxes of cereal to the table
18:28 * drojf packs and heads home
18:34 libsysguy hey jcamins
18:34 libsysguy I heard back from index data
18:34 libsysguy they recommend writing mapping files from PQF -CCL
18:35 cait hm?
18:36 jcamins libsysguy: ... that makes no sense at all.
18:37 pastebot "libsysguy" at pasted "indexdata" (7 lines) at
18:37 libsysguy there you go
18:37 jcamins Hm.
18:37 jcamins I see.
18:37 jcamins Okay, metaproxy ftw.
18:38 libsysguy thats kind of what I'm thinking
18:39 jcamins If they're saying "you need to map from unambiguous to ambiguous so we can re-map it to unambiguous," better to just go with an unambiguous-unambiguous mapping.
18:41 libsysguy so paz expects ambiguous
18:41 libsysguy meta expects unambiguous
18:42 mtate joined #koha
18:42 jcamins Right.
18:43 * libsysguy should start removing paz from master
18:44 cait shouldn't we have something working before we remove something?
18:44 * libsysguy is just messing around
18:44 libsysguy but paz doesn't work anyway
18:44 jcamins cait: pazpar2 doesn't work.
18:44 libsysguy its just sitting there hogging up disc space
18:44 cait I think rangi had it working not too long ago
18:44 cait so maybe don't kick it out yet
18:44 jcamins I did too.
18:45 libsysguy I asked
18:45 jcamins rangi clarified that the Pazpar2 code in Koha was broken, and he wrote a proof-of-concept not using that code.
18:45 libsysguy I think he said it wasn't working anymore
18:45 libsysguy yeah that
18:45 wahanui rumour has it yeah that is fine as it is
18:45 libsysguy wahanui forget yeah that
18:45 wahanui libsysguy: I forgot yeah that
18:45 jcamins And I said "jeez, wth do we have the code, then, if it has never functioned?" And his response was something like "I don't need to tell you that."
18:45 jcamins He was right.
18:46 libsysguy jcamins is a fast learner
18:47 libsysguy so if I were to enter an enh for this
18:47 libsysguy could I say, replace pazpar2 with metaproxy?
18:48 libsysguy or should I have one for remove pazpar2 and one for adding meta
18:48 jcamins I have no problem with a combined enhancement.
18:49 jcamins Grr.
18:49 jcamins I really wish I knew my PIN for the local library's catalog.
18:49 libsysguy 7777?
18:50 jcamins Wow.
18:50 jcamins I figured it out.
18:50 jcamins It only took...
18:50 jcamins thirty...
18:50 jcamins tries.
18:50 libsysguy they let you try 30 times and didn't lock you out?
18:50 libsysguy geez
18:50 oleonard Uh...
18:50 jcamins libsysguy: I've been trying twice every few days for the last six months.\
18:51 libsysguy oh wowza
18:55 rangi we dont lock people out
18:55 rangi if someone wanted to add that as a syspref, that would be cool, on by default for new installs, off for upgrades
18:56 oleonard rangi said it, so somebody better go do it!
18:56 * oleonard snaps his fingers impatiently
18:57 * libsysguy is already rewriting searching
18:57 jcamins libsysguy: you are rewriting metasearch.
18:57 libsysguy ^^ this
18:58 libsysguy jcamins is rewriting searching
18:58 libsysguy :p
18:58 jcamins Exactly.
18:58 jcamins Hey... I could take out a book with Overdrive.
18:58 jcamins Oh, wait.
18:59 * jcamins chuckles. I'm so funny.
18:59 jcamins I wonder how many books I can request at a time...
18:59 libsysguy none, they are all already checked out
19:00 libsysguy at least that has been my experience with it
19:00 oleonard And because it's an electronic file, only one person can view it at a time.
19:00 * oleonard gets in line behind 38,000,000 other people to use Google
19:00 rangi i think overdrive
19:01 jcamins libsysguy: I meant paper books.
19:01 rangi is an example of why libraries are in trouble
19:01 rangi 'oh it sux, it's horrible for our borrowers .. meh lets do it anyway'
19:01 jcamins After I finished cracking myself up, I went ahead and requested a book I could actually read.
19:01 libsysguy I need metadata searching for dummies
19:02 jcamins What was the other book I wanted?
19:02 jcamins Something non-fiction-y.
19:02 jcamins Oh well.
19:03 rangi oh, and lets throw a ton of cash down the discovery layer hole too while we are creating things that don't actually help people
19:04 * jcamins is very excited about learning the 85 ways to tie a tie.
19:04 rangi heh
19:04 jcamins Queens Library's discovery layer did not prevent me from requesting the book.
19:04 jcamins Though it did freeze when I tried to do a search.
19:04 oleonard rangi: Do you think libraries should be pursuing alternate ways of lending ebooks, or do you think ebooks are part of the problem?
19:04 rangi the former
19:04 wahanui rumour has it the former is much more complicated
19:05 oleonard wahanui has it right there :)
19:05 wahanui oleonard: huh?
19:05 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_9509' into 3.12-master <[…]8e9e0f4773b394f4c> / Bug 9509 - does not ensure each barcode is unique <[…]b289bc9d3bbf10ab0>
19:05 jenkins_koha Starting build #1035 for job Koha_master (previous build: UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #1033 4 days 1 hr ago)
19:06 rangi yep its not an easy problem, and they would have to break a habit formed over years and years
19:06 rangi and actually call vendors on their bullshit publicly
19:06 rangi while loudly applauding publishers like Tor who provide drm free ebooks
19:07 rangi you'd think something like ALA would do it
19:07 rangi but they spend time arguing about streaming the council meetings instead
19:07 rangi </rant>
19:08 jcamins rangi: ALA... the organization that claims that there's an impending librarian shortage?
19:08 jcamins rangi: hey! Would you like a piece of the Brooklyn Bridge?
19:08 rangi heh
19:09 oleonard If you had to know how to use the tab key to move between form fields to qualify there really would be a librarian shortage.
19:09 rangi you know whats even worse than offering overdrive
19:09 rangi its doing it outside of your catalogue
19:10 jcamins oleonard: granted.
19:11 rangi so the library just becomes a patron database for overdrive to use
19:11 rangi ive seen that a lot :(
19:11 cait yeah that's bad :(
19:11 jcamins Oh... at least Overdrive is apparently now offering books that can be read on e-readers.
19:12 jcamins However, I can have the paper books in the time it takes to mail a book from Flushing.
19:12 jcamins The ebook would take about...
19:12 jcamins two months.
19:14 rangi heh that's awesome
19:30 oleonard Batch patron deletion... Does it work? Did I already ask this?
19:30 jcamins oleonard: it did when I tested it.
19:31 cait oleonard: I haven't needed it yet I am afraid - so don't know
19:32 oleonard I get a gateway time-out when I test it in my VM
19:32 jcamins Odd.
19:36 rangi if it takes a while, you will get that, if its not working in the background, like stage marc import
19:36 rangi all those things like patron import, batch changes etc, would work a lot more reliably if we backgrounded them using the same technique
19:37 jcamins That's the idea behind C4::Service or C4::BackgroundJob or whatever.
19:42 oleonard I guess we don't have a cron job for it
19:44 rangi yep
20:12 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1035: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 7 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1035/
20:12 jenkins_koha kyle: Bug 9509 - does not ensure each barcode is unique
20:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9509 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , does not ensure each barcode is unique
20:13 jcamins Still unstable?
20:13 wahanui unstable is probably sid
20:13 jcamins I'd like to know why XISBN fails randomly.
20:16 rangi jcamins: network to thingxisbn i think
20:16 jcamins Ah. Makes sense.
20:17 BobB joined #koha
20:18 cait hi BobB :)
20:18 BobB hi cait
20:19 BobB early morning here, still bleary eyed.  :)
20:19 rangi !jenkins build koha_master now
20:19 jenkins_koha rangi: job koha_master build scheduled now
20:19 jenkins_koha Starting build #1036 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #1033 4 days 3 hr ago)
20:20 cait BobB: and getting late here... can feel the day
20:21 talljoy joined #koha
20:24 jcamins LibreOffice is now using gerrit.
20:28 jcamins How do you find out which tags have a particular commit?
20:29 senator git tag --contains <commit>
20:29 jcamins Thanks!
20:29 cait oh
20:29 cait I should note that somewhere :)
20:29 cait useful
20:29 oleonard Who says our nation's Congress isn't tech-savvy?
20:30 jcamins oleonard: uh-oh.
20:30 senator :-)
20:38 drojf joined #koha
20:40 drojf is bug 9381 a valid bug? i don't see wgat is there to test. we know the translation functionality works
20:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9381 trivial, P5 - low, ---, bgkriegel, Needs Signoff , Add Catalan language
20:41 jcamins Yes.
20:41 drojf ah i did not see the attachment and was confused what to do :)
20:41 jcamins :)
20:44 drojf »Depends: EEEK: unknown package for Data::Pagination« lol is that supposed to look like that?
20:44 oleonard Huh... How long have we had a "clone this bug" link in Bugzilla?
20:45 drojf i have never seen it. where is it?
20:45 drojf ah
20:45 drojf i foun dit
20:46 drojf do we have a "add 'needs a test plan' to every bug" button?
20:47 jcamins drojf: building a package?
20:48 drojf jcamins: it's in the patch for bug 8806
20:48 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8806 minor, P5 - low, ---, robin, Needs Signoff , Debian packaging updates
20:48 jcamins Ah.
20:54 aqualaptop joined #koha
20:57 glawson_ joined #koha
21:07 nengard left #koha
21:19 glawson_ So yesterday an asteroid entered earth's atmosphere and scattered Kr-band ionizing rays over the world, and none of our Windows XP computers would connect to Koha or Google.
21:20 glawson_ Network/koha problem you know, and of course, I was off work yesterday.
21:20 jcamins lol
21:20 glawson_[…]dows-xp-machines/
21:20 drojf windows + xp + antivirus sounds like a good combination
21:21 glawson_ However, at our remote branch I have a single user running Linux Mint, and her computer ran just fine all day and saved the world as they know it from total meltdown.
21:21 jcamins glawson_: huh! I thought it was just that the old XP computer we have plugged into our TV sucks.
21:21 glawson_ hey, how'd I get to be me?
21:22 jcamins I uninstalled Kaspersky and installed the Microsoft alternative and it worked fine.
21:23 rambutan I had to do that on three machines. The others I just kept beating Kaspersky with updates. Sometimes it would only install one or two, and I'd reboot, get another 1-2 to load, lather, rinse, repeat
21:23 rambutan If I could get a complete Kaspersky update to finish the those machines were OK>
21:23 rambutan .
21:24 jcamins I didn't know there was an actual problem.
21:24 rambutan Fortunately, fortunately, in my absence they didn't try to reboot Koha endlessly.
21:25 jcamins I'd laugh appreciatively, but I know you're serious.
21:26 rambutan well, thinkgs are ok now, but it's been a long day.
21:26 rambutan I need coffee.
21:26 drojf jcamins: what is acqui/ and how do i get there?
21:26 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
21:26 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1036: FIXED in 1 hr 7 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1036/
21:26 jcamins drojf: good question.
21:26 jcamins It is...
21:26 jcamins oh, right.
21:27 jcamins Adding an item to an order from a staged record.
21:27 drojf staged for… acquisition? where would i do that? i don't see that option
21:29 * drojf is an acquisition noob. but i'm trying to spell the word correctly
21:29 jcamins Open a basket.
21:29 jcamins At the bottom it says "Add order to basket"
21:29 jcamins There's a link for "From a staged file."
21:30 drojf ah i see it
21:30 drojf thanks
21:33 cait :)
21:33 drojf hrmgl. no. i still don't get where that file should have been staged. i see no files. i didn't stage any so that is ok i guess
21:33 cait drojf: stage a file in tools
21:33 cait like you would do for an import
21:33 drojf for importß
21:33 cait but don't import it
21:33 jcamins Oh, right. You need to stage some files first.
21:33 drojf hm i had files there
21:33 cait if tey are imported
21:33 drojf but i dont see any of them
21:33 cait they won't show up
21:33 drojf AH!
21:33 drojf ok
21:33 drojf wait
21:33 cait if you undo an import... they will show up again
21:34 cait and authority imports show up there accidentally - but i filed a bug for that
21:34 drojf imported and reverted. alright. then i'll find me a nice file
21:34 cait drojf: one of my tricks is to send me a cart from opac
21:34 cait nice tiny marc file for testing with all the records I want
21:36 drojf ok that shows up, thanks
21:43 drojf that's a nice functionality i did not know of :)
21:43 cait the staged order? :)
21:43 drojf yes
21:44 drojf and now it could work with plack too. if only someone would qa it ;)
21:44 drojf bug 9213 scares me off every time i open it
21:44 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9213 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Needs Signoff , Implement analytics for NORMARC XSLT
21:45 drojf if the test plan does not fit on my screen i probably do not have enough time to follow it
21:45 jcamins lol
21:46 drojf and then the last sentence is »- Do all of this both for GRS-1 indexing and for DOM indexing...«
21:55 cait drojf: you are not afraid of proper tst plans, are you?
22:05 drojf i wish i could skip sleep for a week or two. days too short
22:07 drojf problem is, i feel like i had skipped sleep for a week
22:08 BobB :)  .. familiar feeling
22:12 cait drojf: oh yes...
22:15 barriers joined #koha
22:20 rangi oh joy
22:21 cait hm?
22:22 cait ah
22:22 cait mailing list?
22:22 wahanui mailing list is at[…]ha-mailing-lists/
22:22 cait I don't see how that is not caching?
22:23 * cait may be too tired
22:23 cait good night #koha :)
22:23 cait left #koha
22:23 jcamins Caching what?
22:23 wahanui hmmm... Caching is good. Caching using module variables is not.
22:24 rangi it was the spam
22:24 rangi someone has been hacked
22:24 jcamins Ah.
22:25 rangi however i think we can implement frederircd idea totally clientside
22:25 rangi using html5 and localstorage or indexdb
22:25 rangi i dont think we need to build a new server/service
22:25 drojf jcamins: i don't see these errors in intranet-error.log, or should i look somewhere else? bug 9451
22:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9451 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , gives off warnings and is not Plack-compatible
22:26 drojf heh, rangi speaks firefoxosish
22:27 drojf make it a cover app
22:27 rangi exactly
22:27 jcamins I got those in intranet-error.log.
22:27 rangi and it will work fine in modern browsers too
22:27 drojf jcamins: then i cannot reproduce it. i could try the plack part anyway, i have oinly tried apache so far
22:28 jcamins Oh, that problem occurs only under Plack.
22:28 drojf ah, then i misunderstood it, alright then
22:28 jcamins The point of the Apache bit was to make sure that it still worked the same.
22:29 drojf i read it like in apache it gives warning and under plack its broken
22:29 edveal I just submitted a bug report dealing with the ccsr theme.  Apparently OPACMobileUserCSS being overriden by OPACUserCSS.
22:30 drojf rangi: yes, having a centralized server is the wrong idea for most things and i'm very sure it is for the cover stuff
22:31 drojf while we're at it, let's make the mobile view an app too
22:32 rangi heh
22:33 drojf i have managed to use localstorage once and read half a canvas tutorial this morning. i am fully prepared for the app business :D
22:34 rangi he
22:34 rangi h
22:34 rangi localstorage is cool
22:35 drojf indeed. it took me some time to get out the same that i put in but now it works
22:35 rangi you totally could store the urls to images in it easily
22:39 drojf sure. something like lot's of {"isbn":"http://my.url/path/file.png"}ses should work. or something more sophisticated i have not learned yet
22:39 rangi yeah
22:40 rangi and then a library to conver isbn to asin or whatever
22:40 rangi then hit the url if it 404, try the next place, etc
22:41 rangi if none are found cache that too
22:41 rangi with some kinda timeout thing
22:42 drojf yeah
22:43 Irma joined #koha
22:43 rangi that way it can handle local images too
22:44 rangi and then in the syspref, you just define the priority
22:44 rangi ie local first, then openlibary, then google etc
22:44 drojf yeah that should work
22:46 * jcamins bounces excitedly on his exercise ball- drojf is making multiple cover images play nice together!
22:46 drojf[…]-in-localstorage/ <- heh
22:47 drojf we can draw the covers in canvas ;)
22:47 rangi heh
22:47 rangi sweet
22:48 rangi im not sure we want to go that far down the rabbit hole tho :)
22:49 drojf :)
22:50 jcamins As long as it's drojf going down the rabbit hole, I'm all for it! :P
22:50 drojf jcamins: i also don't get the error with plack. it just does the report. i do a statistics wizard-patrons and include my extended attribute. is there something else i am missing?
22:51 drojf add 'report' somewhere in that sentence
22:51 jcamins I don't think so.
22:51 jcamins I got it every time.
22:51 drojf weird
22:55 edveal left #koha
23:09 rambutan how timely, I was just thinking I needed some Raspberry drops
23:10 rangi heh
23:11 rangi yeah unfortunately its hard for spam filters to catch ppl who are legitimately subscribed to the list and post urls, without stopping almost everyone :)
23:17 drojf i'll take the drops while i wait for the raspberry pi camera module
23:22 drojf hm. model a needs only 1/3 of the power of model b. but with one usb slot only i cannot power my wifi adapter, otherwise that would scream "raspberry solar koha" ;)
23:25 rambutan 1 usb slot only? the Mod A you mean?
23:26 drojf yes
23:26 drojf
23:26 jcamins drojf: what's the problem with 1 USB?
23:27 drojf jcamins: my wifi dongle needs the power of two it seems
23:27 jcamins But one is just power?
23:27 drojf ?
23:27 jcamins You only need to plug one USB into the computer, right?
23:28 jcamins i.e. the other one could be plugged into a power source?
23:28 jcamins Like a solar panel?
23:28 drojf ah, yes
23:28 drojf okok, i'll buy one… :D kidding, maybe later
23:29 drojf i suppose they will upgrade model a to 512mb ram in a few months
23:30 jcamins Hehe.
23:31 drojf but with one running koha and one running my harddisk and bittorrent… where am i going to plug in the camera? /o\
23:33 dcook joined #koha
23:34 dcook Morning #koha
23:35 rambutan I just found the 15pin CSI port for the PiCam
23:36 Irma joined #koha
23:38 drojf that camera module is tiny 20x25mm or something. excellent for clumsy people like myself
23:38 drojf morning dcook
23:38 dcook morning drojf
23:39 dcook Very early morning, perhaps? :P
23:40 drojf dcook: late evening ;)
23:40 drojf i think i'm too tired to go to bed
23:40 dcook Gotta love that feeling
23:41 rambutan time to go...ltr
23:41 rambutan left #koha
23:42 dcook I actually managed to get enough sleep, but 3rd day of work with no air conditioning. 8 hours of 30 times
23:43 drojf sounds like it
23:45 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
23:45 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, Germany is 1.8°C (12:13 AM CET on February 06, 2013). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 70%. Dew Point: -3.0°C. Windchill: -3.0°C. Pressure: 29.44 in 997 hPa (Steady).
23:45 drojf heat is definitely not a problem around here :D
23:45 dcook Hehe. I was wondering what part of Germany you were in
23:45 dcook @wunder sydney, australia
23:45 huginn dcook: The current temperature in Sydney, New South Wales is 25.0°C (10:30 AM EST on February 06, 2013). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 44%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 30.15 in 1021 hPa (Steady).
23:45 bag @wunder 93102
23:45 huginn bag: The current temperature in Near Mission - TC, Santa Barbara, California is 13.7°C (3:43 PM PST on February 05, 2013). Conditions: Haze. Humidity: 47%. Dew Point: 3.0°C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Falling).
23:48 dcook I suppose it is technically summer here after all, but still!
23:48 dcook @wunder vancouver, canada
23:48 huginn dcook: The current temperature in Vancouver, British Columbia is 8.0°C (3:00 PM PST on February 05, 2013). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 81%. Dew Point: 5.0°C. Windchill: 5.0°C. Pressure: 29.78 in 1008 hPa (Steady).
23:48 dcook That doesn't sound so bad...
23:50 jcamins dcook: I guess you're back in Australia?
23:51 bag @seen cait
23:51 huginn bag: cait was last seen in #koha 1 hour, 27 minutes, and 53 seconds ago: <cait> good night #koha :)
23:51 dcook Yep. Got back about a month ago.
23:51 bag night night cait
23:51 dcook jcamins: are you back in New York or still in California?
23:51 jcamins Back in New York.
23:51 jcamins As of last night.
23:51 bag you have a good trip jcamins
23:51 dcook Good trip?
23:51 jcamins Yeah, very nice.
23:51 jcamins And the weather...
23:51 wahanui the weather is nigh-on perfect here this morning...clear, 65F, supposed to get into the high 80s.  Rain possible later in the week.
23:52 * jcamins sighs rapturously.
23:53 bag did you go up the tram?
23:53 jcamins We did not.
23:53 bag I haven't
23:53 jcamins My grandparents pointed out that we did go up last time I was there.
23:53 bag maybe next time I'm there
23:53 jcamins I had thought that we had done that on a different trip.
23:53 bag AHHH  when was that?
23:53 jcamins Twelve years ago.
23:54 jcamins It was very nice.
23:54 bag heh
23:54 bag grandparents rule btw
23:55 jcamins They sure do!
23:58 maximep left #koha
23:59 jcamins Hehe.
23:59 papa joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary