IRC log for #koha, 2012-12-05

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:16 rambutan left #koha
00:29 jenkins_koha Starting build #242 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
01:07 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #242: SUCCESS in 38 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/242/
01:07 jenkins_koha oleonard: Bug 8820 [3.8.x] Don't show orders table if there are no orders
01:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8820 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Stable , Don't show orders table if there are no orders
01:27 trea anyone know if you can modify the SetEnv OPAC_SEARCH_LIMIT in your apache virtualhost directive to include more than one institution ID?
01:28 trea ie, if you wanted to have a specific url search two branches at once, for example
01:59 drojf trea: this sounds like it[…]FC#Search_Limits:
02:00 drojf you could try something like 'branch:CPL OR FFL' (with valid branch codes) and see what happens
02:05 eythian drojf: this is an odd time for you to be online
02:05 jcamins_away trea: you can, I think, but the method is non-obvious.
02:06 jcamins_away Let me see if I can find it.
02:06 drojf eythian: true. i was really tired all day, and when it was time to sleep i was awake :/
02:06 eythian ah right
02:06 eythian those days are annoying
02:06 trea i've had a couple of those days in a row myself
02:10 jcamins_away branch:CODE or branch:OTHER
02:10 jcamins_away I believe that will work.
02:10 jcamins_away However, that will also break non-simple searches.
02:11 jcamins_away You would probably be better off signing off on Waylon's patch to add that feature in a more useful way.
02:11 trea you're probably correct
02:16 * jcamins_away goes to read Les Miserables.
02:17 * drojf imagines that to be a code for emails of special clients
02:25 wizzyrea jcamins_away: define "non-simple"
02:53 trea left #koha
02:57 jcamins_away wizzyrea: no advanced search, no CCL.
03:00 jenkins_koha Starting build #28 for job Koha_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
03:01 wizzyrea ah yea, not cool
03:42 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.10.x build #28: SUCCESS in 42 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.10.x/28/
03:42 jenkins_koha jcamins: Bug 9135: fails when DEBUG is set
03:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9135 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Stable , fails when DEBUG is set
05:07 thd-away` joined #koha
05:38 cait joined #koha
05:42 cait hi #koha
05:43 eythian hi cait
05:43 cait hey :)
05:43 cait still at work?
05:44 eythian yep. Got a go-live of a new system tomorrow, so making sure that everything is up and running for that, so that when their data comes in, that's all that has to be done.
05:44 eythian so far it's going nice and smoothly, so I should be out of here fairly soon.
05:47 cait cool
06:44 jenkins_koha Starting build #243 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
06:55 * magnuse waves
06:57 * cait waves back
06:59 jenkins_koha Starting build #29 for job Koha_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
07:34 lds joined #koha
07:35 mveron joined #koha
07:35 mveron Good morning #koha
07:35 cait good morning mveron :)
07:36 mveron Hi cait :-)
07:37 mveron If somebody new to koha would like  to have an overview over system requirements (Opac and Staff), where would (s)he find it?
07:38 mveron system requirements?
07:38 reiveune joined #koha
07:38 reiveune hello
07:38 mveron Hi reiveune :-)
07:39 reiveune salut mveron magnuse cait and everybody
07:43 magnuse hiya lds mveron reiveune
07:43 mveron hi magnuse :-)
07:45 cait hey reiveune :)
07:45 alex_a bonjour
07:45 wahanui niihau, alex_a
07:45 alex_a niihau wahanui !
07:45 alex_a et bonjour cait magnuse and marc
07:46 magnuse bonjour alex_a
07:46 magnuse @wunder marseille
07:46 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 6.0°C (8:30 AM CET on December 05, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 76%. Dew Point: 2.0°C. Windchill: 5.0°C. Pressure: 29.77 in 1008 hPa (Steady).
07:46 magnuse @wunder boo
07:46 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is -8.0°C (8:20 AM CET on December 05, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 79%. Dew Point: -11.0°C. Windchill: -16.0°C. Pressure: 29.68 in 1005 hPa (Steady).
07:46 cait @wunder Konstanz
07:46 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 0.8°C (8:45 AM CET on December 05, 2012). Conditions: Light Snow Showers. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: -0.0°C. Windchill: -1.0°C. Pressure: 29.62 in 1003 hPa (Rising).
07:47 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #243: SUCCESS in 1 hr 2 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/243/
07:47 jenkins_koha jcamins: Bug 9135: fails when DEBUG is set
07:47 wahanui i already had it that way, jenkins_koha.
07:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9135 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Stable , fails when DEBUG is set
07:48 mveron @wunder basel
07:48 huginn mveron: The current temperature in Basel, Switzerland is 3.0°C (8:30 AM CET on December 05, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 81%. Dew Point: 0.0°C. Windchill: 0.0°C. Pressure: 29.65 in 1004 hPa (Steady).
07:48 cait snow showers... meh.
07:48 cait bbl
07:50 magnuse success! \o/
07:54 julian_m joined #koha
07:56 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:56 gaetan_B hello
07:58 magnuse bonjour julian_m and gaetan_B
07:58 julian_m hello magnuse
07:58 julian_m hello all
08:00 francharb joined #koha
08:00 francharb ho
08:00 francharb hi
08:00 wahanui hello, francharb
08:05 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.10.x build #29: SUCCESS in 1 hr 6 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.10.x/29/
08:05 jenkins_koha nengard: Bug 8945: Did you mean help file
08:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8945 normal, P5 - low, ---, nengard, Pushed to Stable , Koha 3.10 Help Files Update
08:10 kf joined #koha
08:11 paul_p joined #koha
08:16 sophie_m joined #koha
08:56 * mveron would like to mark Bug 9205 as RESOLVED WONTFIX
08:56 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9205 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , "No items available" is it awkward
08:59 kf I think I can agree with that
09:07 asaurat joined #koha
09:08 gerundio joined #koha
09:28 magnuse mveron, kf: maybe it could be solved by using a .po file?
09:29 kf yes, I think so, but they probably don't want to start their own english translation
09:51 magnuse yeah, probably not
09:58 * mveron will comment the suggestion with the .po file to Bug 9205 and then mark it as resolved
09:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9205 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , "No items available" is it awkward
10:07 magnuse mveron++
10:08 mveron :-)
10:09 * mveron has to head away
10:13 thd-away joined #koha
10:13 thd-away joined #koha
10:26 thd-away` joined #koha
10:43 kf jcamins_away: ping me when you are awake?
10:48 kf
10:48 wahanui somebody said was complicated and has been the source of much contention in the wake of KohaCon with BibLibre rewriting it for Solr/Lucene instead of Zebra support.
10:48 kf @karma
10:48 huginn kf: Karma for "" has been increased 0 times and decreased 2 times for a total karma of -2.
10:58 drojf @karma
10:58 huginn drojf: Karma for "" has been increased 0 times and decreased 2 times for a total karma of -2.
10:58 drojf that is surprisingly not low enough ;)
11:05 magnuse hehe
11:07 reiveune1 joined #koha
11:08 magnuse @karma C4::Search
11:08 huginn magnuse: Karma for "C4::Search" has been increased 0 times and decreased 32 times for a total karma of -32.
11:08 magnuse there you go :-)
11:09 thd-away joined #koha
11:09 gerundio hi, are the Mark framework fieldnames translatable?
11:14 kf gerundio: yes, you can do so in the interface or you can create your own installer with translated sql files
11:16 gerundio kf, by translated I meant if the field names are shown according to selected language for the UI
11:16 gerundio I have 2 languages available in my installation PT and EN
11:16 kf gerundio: that is not possible I am afraid :( at the moment it's one langauge only for marc - the xslt for normal view are translatable
11:17 gerundio ok, thanks a lot kf
11:17 gerundio a colleague of mine changed the fieldnames to PT and now at OPAC, in the MARC view, they are show in PT even if EN is selected
11:18 gerundio just wanted to make sure that is an expected behavior :)
11:18 kf ah right
11:18 gerundio btw, are you by any means a Zebra expert?
11:18 kf they are stored in the database
11:18 kf pretty much everything from the database is one language only
11:18 kf not an expert, but you can try and ask anyway :)
11:22 gerundio I'm getting some weird results on the search values
11:23 gerundio I've searched for "Nature" on my catalog and the 1st result doesn't even have that word in the 200a title field
11:24 gerundio I then went for the item MARC view and noticed that the word is present in the 200e field
11:24 asaurat joined #koha
11:24 sophie_m joined #koha
11:24 gerundio is it possible to define relevance weights for the different fields so this doesn't happen?
11:26 kf gerundio: you should talk about that to jcamins_away
11:26 gerundio will do :) thanks again
11:27 kf he is working on search features and a rewrite of the existing code that would allow that, he knows most about the search related code currently
11:27 kf search rewrite?
11:27 wahanui search rewrite is probably[…]earch_Rewrite_RFC
11:48 tcohen joined #koha
11:50 paul_p joined #koha
11:55 drojf joined #koha
12:07 paul_p_ joined #koha
12:07 reiveune joined #koha
12:08 asaurat1 joined #koha
12:12 alex_a_ joined #koha
12:14 drojf oh meeting today. already had forgotten about it again.
12:15 drojf paul_p_: around?
12:16 kf same for me
12:16 kf er ist grade raus - aber vielleicht eh nur automatisch
12:16 kf lol
12:16 drojf heh
12:17 drojf er ist erst geflogen, nachdem er neu reingekommen ist :)
12:17 * drojf ruft deutsch als kanalsprache aus
12:18 kf :)
12:18 kf \o/
12:19 kf was ist mit deiner umfrage passiert?
12:19 kf what happened to your survey?
12:19 drojf almost done
12:20 drojf haha. windows. have to reboot. lol
12:20 drojf brb
12:23 drojf joined #koha
12:24 magnuse guten tag drojf
12:24 drojf hei magnuse
12:25 magnuse wie gehts?
12:25 sophie_m joined #koha
12:25 drojf mir geht es gut, danke der nachfrage. und dir? :)
12:29 kf drojf: don't say such things about magnuse!
12:29 kf only joking... of course :)
12:36 jwagner joined #koha
12:37 tcohen joined #koha
12:38 tcohen mornin' #koha
12:43 drojf hi tcohen
12:44 tcohen hi drojf
12:45 alex_a joined #koha
12:48 drojf is there some information on how to use koha with solr for non-devs available somewhere or would people have to go through rfcs and bugzilla?
12:49 kf drojf: I think currently it's the wiki
12:49 kf I know rangi tried it out, you have to install lots of extra things but probably not too hard from there
12:55 sophie_m joined #koha
12:55 NateC joined #koha
12:55 drojf the things i can find on the wiki regarding koha&solr are not for "normal" people ;)
12:57 kf clrh: around?
12:57 kf drojf: since when are you normal people?
12:58 drojf a more normal person from the workshop asked about it ;)
12:58 kf hm I think it's still experimental kind of
12:58 kf not sure it's recommendable for normal people yet
12:59 magnuse normal people don't install koha :-)
12:59 drojf there is a syspref in 3.10 i think, so it would be nice to at least find some info on what to do
12:59 kf irspy?
12:59 wahanui well, irspy is a good source for identifying Z39.50 targets. See
13:01 magnuse drojf, kf: did you have the workshop yet?
13:02 kf drojf had the workshop, kf stayed at home and waited for news
13:06 drojf magnuse: yes, it was a lot of fun. i think 10-12 people left with a brand new koha installation. so far i got only positive feedback
13:07 paul_p__ joined #koha
13:07 reiveune1 joined #koha
13:07 tcohen @later tell druthb_away: please try to log into
13:07 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
13:07 drojf paul_p__'s tail is growing
13:08 paul_p__ that's the beauty of having no more WIFI and moving from a meeting to another one...
13:09 drojf paul_p__: heh. i'd have a mailing list question if you have a minute now or later
13:09 asaurat joined #koha
13:09 magnuse drojf: very cool!!
13:11 magnuse drojf: you'll tell about it in the next newsletter, right? ;-)
13:12 drojf magnuse: of course kf did not tell you to ask that question :P
13:12 drojf but yes, i will try to write a few sentences about it
13:12 magnuse nooooo....
13:13 magnuse drojf++
13:13 paul_p drojf = throw your question (i'm between 2 meetings ;-) )
13:14 kf lol
13:16 drojf paul_p: we would like to have a "main" german list 'Koha-de'. if i understand correctly, renaming the old list Koha-i18n-german would be a PITA. if so, could we get Koha-de additionally?
13:17 drojf the old one was intended for translation stuff only and that scares regular library folk away
13:17 kf I second that :)
13:17 drojf i had several people at the workshop ask about it too
13:17 paul_p drojf yes, of course, it's possible to have Could you please throw a mail to That's lds that will take care of it (our sysop)
13:17 kf same for the workshop we did earlier this year
13:18 drojf paul_p: will do, thanks :)
13:21 tcohen paul_p: the same applies for finally having ?
13:32 drojf in OAI set mappings, i can specify field values with "equal to". would having a negative (like 'value is not') be against OAI standards or is it just not implemented in koha?
13:34 edveal joined #koha
13:39 jcamins Good morning, #koha.
13:40 drojf hi jcamins
13:46 talljoy joined #koha
13:48 drojf shouldn't we kill the koha-win32 mailing list?
13:48 * jcamins thinks it should have an auto-responder: "Koha does not work under Windows, sorry."
13:50 drojf maybe in form of a daily out of office notice? :P
13:50 jcamins lol
13:50 jcamins Exactly.
13:52 drojf argh. "Error 503 - Server busy". no emails for drojf
13:53 drojf one would think a university has working webmail available
13:57 jcamins drojf: pfft. This one wouldn't. :P
13:57 magnuse drojf: oai does not care how the sats are constructed as far as i know, so feel free to add 'value is not'
13:57 drojf lol. ours is up again
13:58 magnuse s/sats/sets/
13:58 drojf magnuse: cool, thanks
14:00 kf :)
14:00 kf jcamins: I left a message for jcamins_away...
14:01 hdl joined #koha
14:01 jcamins kf: oh, I saw the instructions for gerundio to contact me, didn't realize you wanted me as well.
14:02 hdl hi dpavlin around ?
14:02 drojf leaving messages for someone_away to read when s/he is here is a funny thing ;)
14:02 hdl Or anyone using Plack in production ?
14:02 jcamins hdl: I'm using Plack for testing, but not production.
14:03 hdl jcamins, have you tried preloading perlModules on Starman command-line ?
14:03 jcamins hdl: let me check my config.
14:04 jcamins I am not, no.
14:07 paul_p_ joined #koha
14:07 reiveune joined #koha
14:08 asaurat1 joined #koha
14:09 libsysguy joined #koha
14:11 alex_a_ joined #koha
14:18 jcamins What does BOR_NOTES do?
14:18 kf ah
14:18 kf messages in borrower account
14:18 kf some defaults
14:18 kf the little pull down you have there
14:18 kf and sorry for bad grammar :)
14:18 jcamins Ah-ha.
14:18 jcamins Thanks.
14:19 drojf grammer is for loosers
14:25 sophie_m joined #koha
14:26 vfernandes joined #koha
14:26 vfernandes hi :)
14:32 hdl hi vfernandez
14:32 hdl hi vfernandes sorry
14:34 hdl jcamins, dpavlin i tried this : PERL5LIB=/home/koha/src KOHA_CONF=/home/koha/etc/koha-conf.xml starman -MFindBin -MC4::Context --workers 6 --port 5000 --pid /home/koha/var/run/ /home/koha/src/opac.psgi 2>/home/koha/var/log/starman_opac.err >/home/koha/var/log/starman_opac.log
14:34 hdl and it works.
14:34 hdl And preload C4::Context,
14:35 hdl rather than creating a mysql connection for every session, it could be used to federeate mysql connections.
14:36 maximep joined #koha
14:37 jcamins hdl: I thought that loading C4::Context in the psgi file would do it.
14:37 * jcamins will find out.
14:38 jcamins It seems to.
14:39 jcamins Well- I have two active database connections.
14:39 jcamins Hm.
14:40 jcamins No, it doesn't work quite right.
14:44 jcamins How do I get the Asort1 values to be used in neworderempty?
14:45 kf jcamins: not at all
14:45 kf hm or let me think
14:45 kf ah right
14:45 kf go to the fund
14:46 kf that you want to use
14:46 kf and select asort1 there as to be used for the first or second statistic value
14:46 jcamins Ah-ha!
14:46 kf I am sorry, my first reaction was not quite correct
14:46 jcamins Got it, thanks. :)
14:46 kf you are very welcome :)
14:46 kf I like helping you test thorougly :)
14:49 hdl jcamins, we have done that too.
14:49 hdl But it is showing more than 2 connections
14:49 hdl to sql
14:50 jcamins hdl: yeah, it turns out that didn't work quite as I thought.
14:54 gerundio jcamins, is it possible to define relevance weights for the different MARC fields for the search?
14:54 jcamins gerundio: not easily.
14:54 gerundio I don't know if you had the chance to read what I was talking with kf earlier
14:54 jcamins I did.
14:55 jcamins You could modify C4::Search::_build_weighted_query, but I can't recommend it.
14:55 gerundio so it's normal to get those kind of results?
14:55 jcamins Yes.
14:55 gerundio modifying that doesn't sound good :D
14:55 jcamins Fixing this is one of the goals of the search rewrite.
14:56 laurence joined #koha
14:57 * hdl loves jcamins daydreaming.
14:57 * kf loves it too, because it tends to get reality :)
14:58 jcamins :)
15:00 jcamins Okay, I think I'm going to push bug 7919.
15:00 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7919 new feature, P1 - high, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , Display of values depending on the connexion library (authorised values, patron categories, extended attributes)
15:00 jcamins I love the feature, and I can't seem to break it.
15:02 kf :)
15:02 kf I love the idea too, even better when it works like described
15:04 vfernandes the idea is to have different categories, etc for different libraries?
15:05 kf and make them only see their categories I think
15:05 jcamins I can think of some improvements, but I think the changes the proposed changes are reasonable, and work well.
15:05 kf jcamins: you can still have categories for all libraries right?
15:05 jcamins Yes.
15:05 kf ok
15:05 kf so no regression for libraries, most important bit :)
15:05 jcamins It doesn't change anything by default.
15:06 gerundio bug 8347
15:06 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8347 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, vfernandes, Needs Signoff , Koha forces UNIMARC 100 field code language to 'fre'
15:06 gerundio vfernandes, this is the bug to which you submitted a patch
15:06 gerundio the one we discussed yesterday
15:06 jcamins At least, so far as I can tell from an hour of testing.
15:07 vfernandes that seems a nice improvement jcamins
15:08 gerundio I noticed that you addressed the occurences of 'frey50' in lib/C4/
15:08 gerundio but I found more in lib/C4/ and lib/C4/
15:09 gerundio should those be handled in the patch too?
15:09 vfernandes C4/ - bug 9145
15:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9145 major, P1 - high, ---, vfernandes, Signed Off , Authorities: standard language for UNIMARC
15:10 hdl see you
15:10 hdl left #koha
15:11 vfernandes the lib/C4/Charset is used when?
15:11 vfernandes the method SetMarcUnicodeFlag
15:12 vfernandes i will change it in the bug 8347
15:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8347 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, vfernandes, Needs Signoff , Koha forces UNIMARC 100 field code language to 'fre'
15:14 gmcharlt @quote random
15:14 huginn gmcharlt: Quote #13: "<atz> ricardo: ask and ye shall receive.... eventually, ye shall stop asking." (added by gmcharlt at 08:31 PM, July 09, 2009)
15:14 jcamins Woohoo!
15:15 jcamins There are no bugs set to Passed QA.
15:15 gerundio vfernandes, I went through alls the comments on both bugs
15:15 gerundio there's still something I don't understand
15:16 vfernandes jcamins SetMarcUnicodeFlag is used where?
15:16 gerundio you've added a new preference for the country code for UNIMARC in order to fix the hardcoded "fre" references
15:16 vfernandes yes...
15:16 jcamins gerundio: if it makes you feel any better, I don't understand either. It's UNIMARC. :P
15:16 jcamins vfernandes: I think every time a record is edited.
15:16 jcamins I'm not certain, though.
15:17 gerundio but what should be the expected behavior if we set a default value in that subfield on the MARC framework editor?
15:17 gerundio I don't know if my question is clear enough
15:17 vfernandes ok... if you set a default value for field 100 the default code will be used
15:17 vfernandes *default value
15:18 gerundio not sure about that
15:18 gerundio my default value is "        d        k||y0pory50      ba"
15:18 gerundio but the records are being populated with "        d        k||y0frey50      ba"
15:18 gerundio which means that por is being replaced with the fre value
15:18 vfernandes using my code?
15:18 gerundio which is understandable given the current source code
15:19 gerundio with your code it seems like the country code value will be replaced with whatever value we insert in the system preference
15:19 gerundio am I thinking this right?
15:19 vfernandes yes
15:20 vfernandes only if 100 is not filled
15:20 gerundio so what happens if 100 is empty but we have a default value set?
15:20 gerundio it gets replaced the same way, right?
15:20 vfernandes wait...
15:21 jcamins Yes, because the default value applies only when you are editing a record.
15:21 jcamins So if you import a record without a 100 field, the 100 field will be populated with whatever you have set in the syspref.
15:21 vfernandes if there is no 100, a new 100 field will be added to the record with the language set in the system preference
15:22 gerundio I'm just looking at this from the programmer point of view, I don't have enough librarian knowledge to understand the context of these operations :p
15:22 clrh drojf: did you found answers about koha & solr question ?
15:22 vfernandes if there is a field 100, when editing shouldn't do nothing (uses the language already set in the field)
15:22 jcamins gerundio: it's UNIMARC... I don't understand it at all anyway.
15:23 vfernandes gerundio you problem happens with my patch?
15:23 gerundio still haven't been able to test it
15:23 gerundio I'm setting up a new testing environment soon
15:23 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7919: Increment version number <[…]c8b49458a9e6be2c8> / Bug 7919: Followup: Fix plural and GetAuthvalueDropbox <[…]26fb37f6fab0b157b> / Bug 7919 : Display of values depending on the connexion library <[…]?p=koha.git;a=com
15:23 vfernandes I will change to use the default language
15:25 vfernandes my ($subflength,$encodingposition)=($ma​rc_flavour=~/AUTH/?(21,9):(36,22));    this line is killing me :P
15:25 drojf clrh: i found[…]ons_for_Koha#Solr.2FLucene_Record_Indexing_Se​rver_Aspect_of_Configuration are these files in 3.10? (i mean solr/ and solr/ and is there a list of prerequisites to install? i have to admit i haven't read all things on the wiki closely yet
15:26 gerundio jcamins, yesterday you told me that the best way to correct all the occurences of the records on the DB was using a script
15:26 jcamins gerundio: that would be my recommendation, y es.
15:26 jcamins *yes
15:27 jcamins I'd use the touch_all_biblios script as a model.
15:27 gerundio wouldn't an update on the marcxml collumn of the biblioitems table be suffice?
15:27 clrh drojf: today, iif you install everything in 3.10 to work with koha:[…]hEngine_Layer_RFC you will have nice ui configuration for indexes, facets, mappings and a poc of simple opac search
15:28 jcamins gerundio: not if you want your system to still work when you're done.
15:28 clrh I would like, before investing (again) more time, see the zebra refactoring work going foreward (franglish?) because what is important is that the switch (search engine layer) would be fully functionnal
15:29 clrh not sure to be clear
15:29 jcamins clrh: "forward," but other than that, it was all correct English. :)
15:29 jenkins_koha Starting build #967 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:29 drojf clrh: thank you, i will have a look at it and return with more questions if needed :)
15:29 clrh ok drojf you're welcome
15:29 drojf clrh: your english is fine btw :)
15:30 clrh thx jcamins  :)
15:30 * kf agrees with jcamins and drojf
15:30 clrh :)
15:31 kf jcamins: so when are you done with the rewrite? :P
15:31 jcamins kf: hehe.
15:38 vfernandes changed on bug 8347... but it affects also bug 9145... what I should do?
15:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8347 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, vfernandes, Needs Signoff , Koha forces UNIMARC 100 field code language to 'fre'
15:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9145 major, P1 - high, ---, vfernandes, Signed Off , Authorities: standard language for UNIMARC
15:41 gerundio jcamins, what would stop working if I went for that shot in the DB?
15:41 vfernandes sorry my bad... in authorities the method SetMarcUnicodeFlag isn't used... so the bugs aren't connect
15:42 vfernandes gerundio is now updated...
15:42 vfernandes :)
15:42 gerundio well done vfernandes :)
15:43 jcamins gerundio: chances are every single record would be corrupted.
15:44 gerundio is that value stored elsewhere or just in that field on that particular table?
15:44 jcamins It's in biblioitems.marcxml and biblioitems.marc.
15:45 jcamins Seriously, I absolutely will not help you if you insist on modifying the database directly.
15:45 vfernandes gerundio you should develop a script to do that...
15:46 gerundio jcamins, I won't insist, I'm just trying to understand it :)
15:46 jcamins gerundio: good.
15:47 jcamins Koha uses the marc and marcxml fields in different places.
15:47 vfernandes is very easy to transform a record in a MARC::Record object and then modify fields/subfields
15:48 vfernandes marcxml and marc will be automatically updated after using the ModBiblio
15:48 jcamins Also, direct database manipulation will screw up your indexes.
15:50 gerundio jcamins, implication in the indexes was what I was thinking could be one of the problems
15:50 gerundio thanks for confirming :)
15:50 jcamins gerundio: yeah, you can address that by reindexing.
15:51 jcamins But it's not ideal, and the marc/marcxml distinction is a lot more pernicious.
15:57 jcamins clrh: does BibLibre have a demo of the complete Solr search?
15:58 tcohen joined #koha
15:58 jcamins (as opposed to just what is in Master)
15:58 clrh jcamins: some months ago yep, I can search
15:58 clrh jcamins: about solr ful in biblibre version ?
15:58 clrh ok community vesion ?
15:58 clrh I think I have both somewhere
15:59 jcamins I particularly want to see the BibLibre version.
16:00 clrh jcamins: ok 2 sec
16:04 clrh jcamins: ve started: http://lists.koha-community.or[…]2-May/037298.html pro index configuration has a better ergonomy I think in community
16:05 rambutan joined #koha
16:06 jcamins Thanks.
16:24 reiveune bye
16:24 reiveune left #koha
16:25 rambutan @meeting
16:25 huginn rambutan: I suck
16:26 libsysguy heh
16:32 kf left #koha
16:38 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #967: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 8 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/967/
16:38 jenkins_koha * dcook: Bug 9130 - Remove old javascript from Parcel
16:38 jenkins_koha * dcook: Bug 9130 follow up: add statesave cookie and "all" option for parcel drop-down menu
16:38 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 7919 : Display of values depending on the connexion library
16:38 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 7919: Followup: Fix plural and GetAuthvalueDropbox
16:38 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 7919: Increment version number
16:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9130 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Pushed to Master , Remove old javascript from Parcel
16:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7919 new feature, P1 - high, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Display of values depending on the connexion library (authorised values, patron categories, extended attributes)
16:39 jcamins Hm.
16:40 jcamins That passes on my system.
16:46 asaurat1 left #koha
16:47 jcamins Oooh.
16:47 jcamins I see the problem.
16:47 jcamins PERL5LIB was set wrong.
17:07 melia joined #koha
17:07 rambutan I want a Koha conference like this one for $414 USD:[…]tlimits/home.html
17:10 thd-away` joined #koha
17:11 drojf joined #koha
17:16 cait joined #koha
17:41 khall joined #koha
17:47 ericar joined #koha
17:49 laurence left #koha
17:49 davidnind joined #koha
17:53 gerundio jcamins, I've been studying the touch_all_biblios like you recommended
17:54 gerundio the only thing to change would be to remove the unecessary code before the DB query prepare line
17:55 jcamins gerundio: no, the only thing you need to change is add in some code to modify the record after GetMarcBiblio.
17:56 jcamins Remember the chief virtue of the programmer: laziness!
17:56 gerundio and inside the while replace the code after the GetMarcBiblio with something like the code for field update in the script
17:57 gerundio would this be a good approach?
17:57 nancyk joined #koha
17:59 jcamins Yes, though your code for modifying the field should be pretty simple.
17:59 jcamins Ooh, it's time for a meeting.
17:59 jcamins Guess who is not chairing it?
17:59 libsysguy yup
18:00 jcamins That's right, me.
18:00 libsysguy not it
18:00 jcamins I am _not_ chairing it.
18:00 * druthb nominates cait.
18:00 jcamins cait++
18:00 druthb cait++
18:01 slef @seen cait
18:01 huginn slef: cait was last seen in #koha 10 hours, 13 minutes, and 38 seconds ago: <cait> bbl
18:03 drojf hey huginn, cait is in the channel?!
18:03 * slef enquires about druthb chairing...?
18:03 drojf blind bot
18:03 drojf cait: you know you want to
18:04 slef *** cait has been idle for 00:00.27
18:04 slef hmm
18:04 slef you can run, but you can't hide from the server
18:04 libsysguy nominates druthb
18:04 libsysguy she can run the meeting with her poking stick
18:04 druthb she's here.  I could do it, I s'pose.
18:04 talljoy oooooo
18:04 * thd is suffering from the flu and wants a refund on the influenza vaccine.
18:05 drojf thd: did you get the flu right after vaccination? that seems to be more common than people think
18:05 jcamins druthb++ # since cait is a more effective hider
18:05 slef drojf: the vaccination is the flu, isn't it?
18:05 drojf slef: technically, yes, of course. a little flu
18:06 druthb I will get her for this.  I will.    If there is no objection, I'll take it.
18:06 talljoy yay druthb
18:06 druthb @later tell cait you owe me, babe.
18:06 huginn druthb: The operation succeeded.
18:06 libsysguy doo eet
18:06 druthb #startmeeting
18:06 huginn Meeting started Wed Dec  5 18:05:46 2012 UTC.  The chair is druthb. Information about MeetBot at
18:06 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:06 wahanui if there is a meeting then Brooke must want me
18:06 talljoy ^ ?
18:06 wahanui ^ is what I think too
18:07 druthb #info introductions
18:07 libsysguy #info Elliott Davis, ByWater Solutions: Houston Tx
18:07 druthb #topic introductions
18:07 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
18:07 Topic for #koha is now introductions
18:07 thd drojf: No< I merely have the unreasonable expectation of immunity from vaccines.
18:07 druthb #info D Ruth Bavousett, ByWater, Lawrence, KS, TM 3.12
18:07 talljoy #info Joy Nelson ByWater Solutions
18:07 jcamins #info Jared Camins-Esakov, C & P Bibliography Services, RM 3.12
18:07 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, NZ
18:07 drojf #info Mirko Tietgen, HU Berlin
18:07 slef #info MJ Ray, member, Norfolk, England, past RMaint
18:07 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
18:07 bag #info Brendan Gallagher ByWater Solutions having THE FUN
18:07 * slef asks bag to pass a beer
18:07 nancyk #info Nancy Keener Reno
18:08 rhcl #info RHCL = Rolling Hills Consolidated Library - Greg
18:08 bag noice
18:08 * druthb wields her pointy stick and evil librarian glasses, putting her hair into a bun.
18:08 gmcharlt #info Galen CHarlton, Equinox Software
18:08 druthb #topic announcements not otherwise on the agenda, which is at[…],_5_December_2012
18:08 Topic for #koha is now announcements not otherwise on the agenda, which is at[…],_5_December_2012
18:09 druthb #info There will be a newer, faster Pootle server in the next couple of days.  Kudos and hugs to tcohen for help with that.
18:09 JDatTeTakere joined #koha
18:09 talljoy tcohen++
18:09 jcamins tcohen++
18:09 libsysguy @karma tcohen
18:09 cait tcohen++ druthb++ :)
18:09 huginn libsysguy: Karma for "tcohen" has been increased 51 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 51.
18:09 druthb Anyone else have short announcements of general interest to the Koha community?
18:09 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater, Meadville, PA
18:09 JDatTeTakere #info jdattetakere
18:10 drojf for a second i thought i had seen cait
18:10 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ
18:10 cait sorry, I thought the meeting started at 8!
18:10 druthb #topic 3.8 update
18:10 Topic for #koha is now 3.8 update
18:10 drojf its cet, not cest anymore :P
18:11 druthb News on 3.8?  Probably the wrong time of day for those folks.
18:11 jcamins Chris is not here, but so far as I know there will be a string freeze on the fifteenth and 3.8.8 will be released on the twenty-second.
18:11 cait I can take over - or eat my dinner while druthb chairs :)
18:11 libsysguy if the world still stands :p
18:11 talljoy lol
18:11 slef It'd be nice if a short update could be put in the agenda just in case they're not here.
18:11 druthb eat your dinner, cait; I've already got my pointy stick out to poke things along with.
18:12 druthb #info jcamins reports that as far as he knows there will be a string freeze on the fifteenth and 3.8.8 will be released on the twenty-second.
18:12 slef druthb: just beat me to it!
18:12 druthb :P
18:12 * druthb is a fast typist.
18:12 * slef is doing 3 things at once :-/
18:12 druthb #topic 3.10 update
18:12 Topic for #koha is now 3.10 update
18:13 druthb 3.10, anyone?
18:13 cait RM?
18:13 wahanui somebody said RM was busy :) or paul_p
18:13 jcamins #info Koha 3.10.0 was released on November 23/24. 3.10.1 will be released on December 22.
18:14 drojf what's with the broken package installation? is there going to be a 3.10.0-1? (or -2 or how it is numbered?)
18:14 slef drojf: it would be 3.10.0-2
18:14 slef drojf: after the - is packaging version
18:14 slef drojf: broken? :)
18:14 jcamins drojf: yes, if the patch is signed off and QAed, which I believe we are still waiting on.
18:14 slef I missed this
18:14 drojf jcamins: ah i see
18:14 slef bug number please?
18:15 drojf slef: wrong path of some files makes OPAC broken
18:15 jcamins #info Bug 9052 should be signed off and QAed ASAP since it breaks the 3.10 packages.
18:15 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9052 blocker, P5 - low, ---, robin, Needs Signoff , YUI assets installed in the wrong place by packages
18:15 druthb jcamins++
18:15 slef #link[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9052
18:15 huginn Bug 9052: blocker, P5 - low, ---, robin, Needs Signoff , YUI assets installed in the wrong place by packages
18:15 druthb Anything else about 3.10 out there to fret over?
18:16 slef I may be in a place to review that in a few minutes. Is there a QA who can follow me?
18:16 druthb Grooooovy.  Moving right along:
18:16 druthb #topic 3.12
18:16 Topic for #koha is now 3.12
18:16 * druthb cues up "Hail to the Chief"
18:16 jcamins We'll get mtj to do it.
18:17 jcamins #info We are about two weeks into the release cycle of 3.12.
18:17 cait good plan
18:17 jcamins #info At this point there is no backlog of patches that have Passed QA, but there is a backlog of patches awaiting QA and awaiting sign off.
18:18 * cait agrees
18:18 jcamins #info I have written up guidelines on commit messages.
18:18 jcamins (looking now)
18:18 jcamins #link[…]i/Commit_messages
18:18 jcamins #info We have also updated the general coding guidelines somewhat.
18:18 slef jcamins: can that link be in the HACKING file in the repository, please?
18:18 jcamins #link[…]Coding_Guidelines
18:19 cait HACKING file?
18:19 jcamins I don't think we have a HACKING file.
18:19 jcamins #todo Add a HACKING file to the Koha repo.
18:19 cait slef: I tend to agree with jcamins, first time ever I heard about htat
18:19 vfernandes jcamins when you wrote this page?
18:19 slef we should. It's one of the GNU files, alongside README, INSTALL, Changelog
18:19 jcamins vfernandes: the commit message page?
18:19 jcamins Last week.
18:20 vfernandes ohh because I never know what to write when submitting a patch :)
18:20 jcamins If I am able to understand what's going on with a patch, I will not ask for it to be revised.
18:20 cait it also helps the QA team a lot - documentation++
18:20 vfernandes nice :)
18:21 jcamins However, if decrypting the commit message or divining the intent of the patch looks to be a time-consuming project, I will fail a patch for lack of commit message.
18:21 vfernandes that will help me in future a lot
18:21 slef hmm, I thought it was in[…]l_node/index.html but it's not
18:22 jcamins #info jcamins intends to continue updating and fleshing out the coding guidelines, so it is easier for new (and experienced) developers to figure out what to do.
18:22 jcamins I do intend to continue Paul's monthly RM newsletters.
18:22 drojf yeah!
18:22 cait jcamins++
18:22 gmcharlt newsletters++
18:22 druthb jcamins++
18:23 vfernandes in my next patches I will set the commit messages correctly... jcamins++
18:23 druthb Awesomeness.  Anything else, jcamins?
18:23 cait maybe I can add a few things?
18:23 jcamins And I plan to roll tarballs of monthly previews, and talk to eythian about updating the packages at the same time so that if a non-developer wants to see what they can look forward to, they can do so easily.
18:23 jcamins And that's all from me.
18:24 druthb Great.  cait?
18:24 cait unit tests for new routines are mandatory now - if you are not sure how to do  it, I think there will be people to help you with it
18:24 slef jcamins: maybe README.developer is a better name?
18:24 * jcamins might be one of those people.
18:24 cait there is also a new 'rule' that qa and patch should be done by different parties, extending our existing set of rules a bit
18:25 cait we will try to stick to that, with being less strict for patches wiating for longer than 1 month
18:25 cait also my usual reminder to everyone: please remember that signing off is as important as providing patches
18:26 cait and fixing bugs is always more important than new features ;)
18:26 jcamins cait++
18:26 slef my usual worry is I don't like being mean and I'm afraid I will be, finding bugs in fixes :-/
18:26 cait ok, I think that's it from me :)
18:26 jcamins slef: this might put your mind at ease:
18:26 druthb All right.  Anything else on 3.12?
18:27 vfernandes fixing bugs is more important, but new features are always welcome :P
18:27 cait I don't like being mean too - it's not nice to fail patches, but if you provide good reason it should be ok :)
18:27 jcamins if you don't fail it, I will.
18:27 libsysguy jcamins the gate keeper
18:27 druthb #topic KohaCon2013
18:27 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon2013
18:27 druthb nancyk, you're up.
18:28 nancyk #info We are in the last stage of hotel negotiations.  After that, I will be getting volunteers together to plan.
18:28 nancyk not much to tell yet
18:28 vfernandes when KohaCon2013 will be? sorry for don't know :/
18:28 druthb Still working October, yes?  But dates remain un-firm at this point?
18:28 cait is the date set now?
18:29 nancyk looks like mid october
18:29 druthb All right.  Anything else you'd like to mention, ask for, or rant about, nancyk?
18:30 nancyk Not yet.
18:30 druthb Okie dokie.  Questions from the floor?
18:30 druthb I love easy meetings.
18:30 slef nope
18:30 druthb #topic Vote on license change.
18:30 Topic for #koha is now Vote on license change.
18:30 druthb So much for an easy meeting.
18:31 libsysguy heh
18:31 vfernandes is there any schedule for koha 3.12 release?
18:31 thd Sorry that I had missed the recent mailing list discussion of the license upgrade issue admist all the systems needing repair after last month's storm.
18:31 drojf lol
18:31 slef ah this is why cait was hiding :)
18:31 jcamins vfernandes: yes, we remain on schedule for May 22, 2013.
18:31 thd Unfortunately, we cannot meaningfully pursue upgarding the license without resolving the issue over the OpenNCIP GPL 2 license invocation omission of an upgrade clause.
18:31 jcamins thd: but that has been resolved.
18:31 slef jcamins: got link?
18:31 jcamins OpenNCIP is licensed GPLv2+.
18:31 thd When was that resolved?
18:31 jcamins gmcharlt: do you have it handy?
18:31 druthb Okay, this has been *beaten to death* over the last couple of years on the mailing list.  If you have something *new*, bring it.  If you don't, keep your peace, please.
18:31 jcamins thd: six months ago?
18:32 slef druthb: can we allow tying up loose ends?
18:32 druthb certainly.
18:32 jcamins thd: http://lists.koha-community.or[…]April/035334.html
18:32 gmcharlt jcamins: yes, it's been resolved
18:32 jcamins #link http://lists.koha-community.or[…]April/035334.html
18:32 gmcharlt and that's indeed the link
18:32 vfernandes I have to go, bye :)
18:32 slef vfernandes: bye!
18:33 druthb Any other loose ends or new issues/concerns that haven't been flogged already?
18:34 thd gmcharlt: That message did not indicate to me that the issue had been resolved.
18:34 cait I think the currenct license is an issue for using bootstrap and maybe other things
18:34 cait so we need to decide how to decide it - for real this time
18:34 jcamins Yes.
18:34 slef anyone remember the last threads, for the record?
18:34 gmcharlt thd: I disagree -- but I suggest we take this on to the mailing list
18:35 cait could we agree to have a vote on this next meeting?
18:35 thd cait: We had an entire meeting on a license upgrade voting procedure.
18:35 druthb heck, I thought that's what we were gonna do *this* time, cait.
18:35 slef when would we be aiming to relicense by? 3.12.0?
18:35 jcamins Yes.
18:35 libsysguy tomorrow
18:35 wahanui i heard tomorrow was pizza friday! or the day after today.
18:36 cait hm could we already start working on things like bootstrap in the repo before release?
18:36 * druthb pokes libsysguy with the pointy stick.
18:36 oleonard joined #koha
18:36 jcamins thd: if you have actual concerns, I encourage you to bring them to the mailing list and *resolve* them.
18:37 jcamins Otherwise, we are just spending a half an hour every month doing nothing.
18:37 slef I'm not finding this on koha-devel in Sep or Oct, now trying Nov
18:37 slef ah found it!
18:37 slef #link http://lists.koha-community.or[…]ember/038454.html
18:37 druthb slef++
18:37 thd The actual concern I have is that the license of OpenNCIP has not changed.
18:38 thd http://openncip.cvs.sourceforg[…]wvc/openncip/src/
18:38 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries
18:38 slef #link http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]se-td5732930.html
18:38 slef thd: a later statement from the licensor would take priority, no?
18:38 thd There is no file reflecting a change in the license invocation posted to the code repository.
18:39 thd slef: Yes, but that would need to actually be from the party holding copyright and not merely another interested party.
18:40 jcamins Okay, so what I'm hearing is that we're not making any progress. Mailing list, please?
18:40 cait can we still announce a vote on this next meeting?
18:40 druthb concur.  We'll bump this *again*.
18:40 slef thd: true, so are you proposing an amendment that we'll change once the OpenNCIP project actually changes their published licence or we stop using OpenNCIP?
18:40 gmcharlt cait: perhaps a straw vote?
18:40 oleonard Are there actual objections to the upgrade in principle or just concerns over the details?
18:40 cait no, but given it is resolved by then, could we have a vote?
18:40 cait i fear we will bump this.. forever.
18:40 thd I will take my question about whether the openncip license has actually changed to the mailing list so we can discuss what to do if it has in fact changed properly.
18:40 cait without setting deadlines
18:41 slef I'd rather vote now, with an amendment making it conditional on resolving OpenNCIP one way or the other.
18:41 jcamins slef++
18:41 druthb slef++
18:41 gmcharlt agreed
18:41 talljoy slef++
18:41 libsysguy slef++
18:41 druthb Suits me.  Objection?
18:41 oleonard slef++
18:41 thd cait: We had a procedure for upgrading the license which is documented in the wiki.
18:41 cait slef++
18:41 druthb link?
18:41 cait thd: and it didn't work
18:42 oleonard[…]opyright_license?
18:42 thd cait: It could not be put forward because the issue was moot in consequence of openncip.
18:42 slef #link[…]copyright_license
18:42 thd oleonard ++
18:42 * slef arrives at the same point at oleonard
18:43 druthb Holy shmoley--that's forever and a week ago.
18:43 slef huginn: query openncip
18:43 cait i think what we are talking now is different than before too
18:43 huginn slef: No results for "openncip."
18:43 cait we just want to switch from 2 to 3
18:43 cait as I see it
18:43 slef ok, can someone report openncip to please?
18:43 cait and are not discussing different licenses
18:43 slef (thd? report openncip to
18:43 oleonard Yeah I don't think anyone is lobbying for AGPL3+ this time around
18:43 cait so we can make this a simpler process
18:44 thd oleonard: I am
18:44 slef thd: that's not the published proposal this time.
18:44 libsysguy of course
18:44 jcamins Let's focus on one step at a time, and just upgrade to GPLv3+?
18:44 cait +1
18:44 oleonard +1
18:44 talljoy +1
18:44 druthb Okay, I'm gonna bring this around, right now--it's beyond past time.  Let's vote.  It's been moved that we move to GPL 3+, with two amenedments in the agenda, plus the one that this is dependent on resolution of the openncip issue.
18:44 jcamins Per the proposal that has been mooted.
18:44 rangi +1
18:44 libsysguy +1
18:44 slef so maybe the openncip thing can wait and block a later upgrade.
18:44 oleonard Doing so does not prevent us from arguing over AGPL3+ later
18:44 jcamins +1
18:44 drojf +1
18:44 druthb +1
18:44 * slef thinks about this a moment
18:45 davidnind +1
18:45 thd +1 However, should there not be a community wide vote?
18:45 khall +1
18:45 talljoy isn't this that?
18:45 bag +1
18:45 edveal +1
18:45 talljoy +1
18:45 slef hehehe
18:45 druthb Community wide meeting, published agenda.  If they care, they should be here.
18:45 cait i think if we advertise this, anyone intersted can show up next meeting
18:46 gmcharlt +1
18:46 druthb Any nays?
18:46 slef oh drat
18:46 thd Am I reconnected?
18:46 cait yes
18:46 slef my question in http://lists.koha-community.or[…]ember/038484.html remains unanswer
18:47 slef ed - basically, is the upgrade even necessary? ;-)
18:47 druthb #agreed GPLv3+, as of 3.12.0, with two exceptions, and pending the openncip issue.
18:47 jcamins slef: yes, because we are upgrading the distribution license.
18:47 slef -1
18:48 druthb #topic Actions from general IRC meeting last month
18:48 Topic for #koha is now Actions from general IRC meeting last month
18:48 druthb "libsysguy to publish repo of his mechanized testing suite"  ?
18:49 * libsysguy has changed his mind and is instead pursuing Selenium tests
18:49 * druthb snorts.
18:49 rhcl +1
18:49 libsysguy but will publish those as they are written
18:49 druthb Awesome.
18:49 druthb "Find out if we can set Bugzilla permissions so that only the QA team can mark things "Passed QA""  ?
18:49 libsysguy also, I would like to welcome anyone else to write them as well
18:49 jcamins druthb: doesn't seem to be doable, so we'll survive without.
18:50 druthb all righty then.
18:50 druthb #topic Miscellaneous -- Wiki spam
18:50 Topic for #koha is now Miscellaneous -- Wiki spam
18:50 cait I think any test is good, whatever you use for writing them
18:50 cait that was me - I noticed we still got a big spam problem
18:50 cait and people spend a lot of time cleaning up
18:50 * gmcharlt jumps in with a proposal -- a call for volunteers to manually approve wiki user registrations
18:50 cait that could be much better used
18:51 cait and I support gmcharlt's proposal for that reason :)
18:51 * oleonard hopes to start writing tests for JavaScript if he can integrate what he learned over the last couple of days
18:51 rangi Me too
18:51 slef gmcharlt: me, as long as we can do it without mailbombing me :)
18:51 rangi Having deleted 116 pages
18:51 cait would be nice to get people from different timezones
18:51 gmcharlt slef: indeed - *multiple* volunteers, I should point out :)
18:51 rangi In the last month
18:51 druthb gmcharlt has made a proposal--does anyone *not* like that idea?
18:52 cait how do you see if it's a real person? form the chosen user name?
18:52 druthb ...anyone think they have a *better* idea?
18:52 rangi And of quit doing that so vote yes
18:52 rangi Or clean it urself
18:52 rangi :)
18:52 cait rangi: I think we are not voting, we just silently agreed :P
18:52 thd Do we not have automation to better assist with the problem?
18:52 trea joined #koha
18:52 gmcharlt cait: yeah, that's one of the ways
18:53 nengard joined #koha
18:53 cait gmcharlt: as it was my idea... sign me up
18:53 gmcharlt thd: what mediawiki provides has thus far been insufficient without imposing draconian captchas
18:53 slef oh, could we add something like "please put a message for the moderators here saying what you'll do" and a message to the thank-you saying to ask on-list if moderators are very very slow ;-)
18:53 thd There are antispam extensions.
18:53 slef thd: got links?
18:53 cait well your solution really, I only wondered about the spam :)
18:53 rangi Look
18:53 talljoy o.o
18:54 rangi Can we just do the moderation
18:54 sophie_m joined #koha
18:54 * jcamins moves that if there are antispam extensions we could use, they should be considered for later, and in the meantime we should take advantage of the people willing to do moderation.
18:54 slef far too many mediawiki "antispam" extensions I've seen have little to do with testing spamminess and :-/
18:54 rangi You guys can then argue for months after that
18:54 druthb #agreed the wiki will be set to moderate registration--and cait and slef have volunteered to help with that.  Other vols are welcome.
18:54 rangi About automation
18:54 oleonard I volunteer as well
18:54 rangi It's been 2 years already
18:54 thd rangi: By moderation do you mean that all updates would by pending approval?
18:54 cait druthb: now we only got 'europe' covered
18:54 druthb beats nothing.
18:55 cait oleonard++
18:55 druthb oleonard++
18:55 rangi I volunteer
18:55 thd s/by/be/
18:55 * gmcharlt volunteers
18:55 davidnind I volunteer to help as well
18:55 rangi No just users thd
18:55 slef thd: "moderate registration"
18:55 druthb rangi++  davidnind++
18:55 cait rangi++ gmcharlt++ and davidnind++
18:55 druthb #info davidnind, rangi, oleonard volunteered as well.  Kudos to all of 'em.
18:55 druthb All right, moving along.
18:56 druthb #topic Miscellaneous --disabled features review
18:56 Topic for #koha is now Miscellaneous --disabled features review
18:56 jcamins That's mine.
18:56 jcamins This does not require a vote, nor discussion.
18:56 druthb jcamins has the floor.
18:56 jcamins (nice, huh?)
18:56 oleonard I vote yes!
18:56 drojf -1
18:56 drojf :P
18:56 druthb jcamins++
18:56 cait sorry, what does it mean?
18:56 jcamins I wanted to suggest that people start thinking about if we have disabled any features by default that shouldn't be.
18:57 jcamins For example, ExtendedPatronAttributes is disabled by default.
18:57 cait aah
18:57 cait enhancedmessaging
18:57 rangi Case by case basis
18:57 slef #action people start thinking about if we have disabled any features by default that shouldn't be
18:57 jcamins However, even if you enable it, it doesn't do anything without further consideration.
18:57 jcamins *configuration
18:57 gmcharlt good thought -- for example, I'd been in favor of enabling both mentioned by default
18:57 rangi Yep and open bugs to change then?
18:57 slef does enhancedmessaging still email you every day if it's enabled and not configured correctly?
18:57 rangi Yes
18:57 jcamins So I wanted people to think about things that shouldn't be disabled, and file bugs (and provide patches) about them.
18:58 jcamins slef: so that would be one that shouldn't be enabled by default.
18:58 druthb rangi++  #these are minor annoyances when setting up a box, nothing more.  A bug and patch to fix them should do.
18:58 rangi (to slef)
18:58 slef rangi: I thing that behaviour would need changing then.
18:58 rangi Yep
18:58 jcamins Or we leave it disabled. Which is fine.
18:58 jcamins Disabled features are not a bad thing.
18:58 slef !!:s/thing/think
18:58 jcamins It's just pointlessly disabling features which is pointless.
18:58 jcamins And that's all I had.
18:58 rangi So bug would fail :-)
18:58 rangi Easy peasy
18:59 cait it mails without any configuration for patron categories?
18:59 druthb Awesomeness.    Okay, we're at the end of the agenda for this meeting, other than fixing the time for our next.
18:59 druthb #topic next meeting time?
18:59 Topic for #koha is now next meeting time?
18:59 rangi Cait: discuss on bug :)
18:59 cait ok :)
18:59 oleonard January 9?
18:59 slef 9th at 10 UTC?
18:59 rangi Wfm
19:00 slef if it's the usual pattern
19:00 rangi Yep
19:00 drojf i think it is
19:00 * slef checks his calendar ;)
19:00 jcamins +1
19:00 drojf and it's 11 for cait :P
19:00 druthb January 9, 2013, at 10:00 UTC, it is.
19:00 * cait ignores drojf
19:00 druthb Thank you all for your participation.
19:00 druthb #endmeeting
19:00 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software The next general meeting is 5 December 2012 18:00 UTC
19:00 huginn Meeting ended Wed Dec  5 18:59:41 2012 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
19:00 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-12-05-18.05.html
19:00 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]2-12-05-18.05.txt
19:00 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]05-18.05.log.html
19:00 drojf cait: ignore me and be late :P
19:00 drojf no chair for you
19:01 cait you are so mean
19:01 slef would people like meetbot to count votes?
19:01 cait no cookies for drojf!
19:01 * druthb unpins her hair from the bun, and puts away her glasses and pointy stick.
19:01 drojf no i'm not. i just want to hear "you are right"
19:01 druthb slef:  Yes, that'd be awesome!
19:01 gmcharlt slef: yes
19:01 slef I've asked gmcharlt and he's willing to change the module over.
19:01 cait be prepared to live without coookies for a long time then
19:01 oleonard druthb++ # Well-chaired!
19:01 cait druthb++ :)
19:01 drojf druthb++
19:02 talljoy druthb++
19:02 slef Would we want secret-at-time-of-voting-but-published-at-end votes?
19:02 davidnind druthb++
19:02 druthb It's possible, but I'd think it very rare.
19:02 slef if that makes sense... too many hyphens... bad adjective
19:02 drojf cait: unfair. punishment by no-cookies should be ruled out by some law i am going to make up
19:02 cait heh
19:03 cait just agree with me that timezones are confusing... and oyu are back on the cookie list
19:03 druthb Thanks, folks.
19:03 rambutan druthb++
19:03 rangi We never have before
19:03 drojf i never disagreed with that
19:03 rangi For irc meetings
19:03 slef rangi: is that to me?
19:03 drojf i dont trust voting computers and bots
19:03 rangi Yep
19:03 druthb huginn: botsnack cookie
19:03 huginn druthb: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
19:03 cait I like the open votes
19:03 cait better not have an option
19:03 drojf how do i know it does not make up the votes if its secret?
19:03 slef drojf: it would publish who voted how at the close of the vote
19:04 slef drojf: so if it stole your vote, you can object then ;)
19:04 drojf ah ok. people would probably notice :)
19:04 druthb cait:  meeting-chairsnack?
19:04 rangi What's the advantage?
19:04 drojf anyway, i don't need it. isn't that just some toy that may break?
19:04 rambutan is it not possible to both show votes publicly and have a tally?
19:04 slef rangi: stops you being influenced by the other votes ;)
19:05 jcamins slef: is that a concern?
19:05 drojf slef: if people don't want to make up their own minds, i dont care
19:05 slef jcamins: I don't know. I'm not saying whether I agree with it. I did code it because someone else was concerned.
19:05 drojf i suppose who doesn't care does not bother to actually vote
19:05 rangi Public vote + tally sounds good to me
19:05 gmcharlt +1
19:05 cait druthb meeting-chairsnack bowl of cookies
19:06 cait +1 from me too
19:06 slef gmcharlt: ok, so I think we want
19:06 gmcharlt slef: ok
19:06 slef gmcharlt: which is documented at
19:06 druthb :)
19:06 slef anyone would think I did democracy as part of my day job ;)
19:07 thd gmcharlt: Sorry that I had overlooked the portion of the quoted message from Elizabeth McKinney where she asserts the change for GPLS.
19:07 slef thd: is GPLS the only copyright holder?
19:07 thd slef: exactly
19:07 slef thd: hehehe *bonk*
19:08 slef (sound of a man laughing his head off)
19:08 rangi Well that's that solved :)
19:08 slef ;-)
19:08 thd slef gmcharlt: I had misread the message becouse of the reference to other copyright holders.
19:08 slef thd: I missed it too. np
19:09 thd gmcharlt: Do either Joe Atzberger, David Fiander, or Dan Scott hold any independent copyright interest from GPLS in openncip?
19:09 gmcharlt David Fiander does not
19:10 gmcharlt Joe and Dan do, but I can readily get consent from them
19:10 jcamins gmcharlt: it's already been given.
19:10 thd I had periodically been checking the CVS repository to check for changes and seeing none I assumed none.
19:10 gmcharlt the CVS repo is a dead issue
19:11 gmcharlt git://
19:11 jcamins http://libmail.georgialibrarie[…]April/004662.html
19:11 jcamins http://libmail.georgialibrarie[…]April/004661.html
19:11 jcamins http://libmail.georgialibrarie[…]April/004660.html
19:12 drojf that was easy all of a sudden
19:12 slef drojf: the meeting's over. That happens. ;-)
19:13 huginn joined #koha
19:13 slef gmcharlt: lost access to the unload and load commands?
19:14 drojf slef: will you be taking care of bug 9052?
19:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9052 blocker, P5 - low, ---, robin, Needs Signoff , YUI assets installed in the wrong place by packages
19:15 thd gmcharlt: COPYING.TXT still needs an update,[…]ddec0020c;hb=HEAD
19:15 slef drojf: if I do, it'll be in the next hour
19:15 slef next 45 minutes
19:16 gmcharlt #startmeeting
19:16 wahanui if there is a meeting then Brooke must want me
19:16 huginn gmcharlt: Error: A meeting name is required, e.g., '#startmeeting Marketing Committee'
19:16 gmcharlt #startmeeting test vote
19:16 huginn Meeting started Wed Dec  5 19:15:12 2012 UTC.  The chair is gmcharlt. Information about MeetBot at
19:16 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:16 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: test vote)
19:16 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'test_vote'
19:16 gmcharlt #topic answer a pressing question
19:16 Topic for #koha is now answer a pressing question (Meeting topic: test vote)
19:16 slef oh yeah, it titles meetings
19:16 slef I forgot huginn didn't
19:16 gmcharlt #startvote Who rules?  Kittens, Puppies
19:16 huginn Begin voting on: Who rules? Valid vote options are Kittens, Puppies.
19:16 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
19:16 slef #vote Kittens
19:16 gmcharlt #vote Kittens
19:16 druthb #vote Kittens
19:17 jcamins #vote Kittens
19:17 oleonard #vote Puppies
19:17 drojf #vote Kittens
19:17 slef #showvote
19:17 rangi #vote puppies
19:17 huginn Puppies (1): oleonard
19:17 huginn Kittens (5): gmcharlt, jcamins, drojf, slef, druthb
19:17 oleonard Had to have an opposition didn't we?
19:17 gmcharlt now that I have the result I want... :)
19:17 gmcharlt #endvote
19:17 slef oleonard: splitter!
19:17 huginn Voted on "Who rules?" Results are
19:17 huginn Puppies (2): oleonard, rangi
19:17 huginn Kittens (5): gmcharlt, jcamins, drojf, slef, druthb
19:17 gmcharlt #endmeeting
19:17 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software The next general meeting is 5 December 2012 18:00 UTC
19:17 huginn Meeting ended Wed Dec  5 19:16:43 2012 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
19:17 huginn Minutes:        koha/2012/koha.2012-12-05-19.15.html
19:17 huginn Minutes (text): koha/2012/koha.2012-12-05-19.15.txt
19:17 huginn Log:            koha/2012/koha.2012-12-05-19.15.log.html
19:17 slef #agreed Kittens rule
19:17 slef oh well
19:18 druthb Cats rule; dogs drool.
19:18 * oleonard concedes that puppies indeed drool
19:18 slef gmcharlt: config needs again :-/
19:18 * thd is not allergic to drool :)
19:18 slef and generally putting in the right place for that
19:19 drojf i think i asked that before, but how would i test a package bug like bug 9052? if i ever did, it did not involve actually rolling the package.
19:19 jcamins drojf: I'd just roll a package.
19:20 drojf then maybe i never did :)
19:20 drojf the last time i wanted to try how to make packages from git the sd card in the raspberry pi died, i never tried again
19:21 gaetan_B bye
19:21 jcamins lol
19:21 slef rangi: I'm a bit worried about this tv programme (War on Britain's Roads) is going to be full of what you call asshats.
19:22 rangi I suspect so
19:22 slef rangi: we had a budget today, so it's the day for such hattery.
19:23 slef amusingly, identica made the shortlink for where I was commenting
19:23 rangi Ahh hehe
19:23 gmcharlt #startmeeting testy-testy
19:23 huginn Meeting started Wed Dec  5 19:22:38 2012 UTC.  The chair is gmcharlt. Information about MeetBot at
19:23 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:23 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: testy-testy)
19:23 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'testy_testy'
19:23 gmcharlt #endmeeting
19:23 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software The next general meeting is 5 December 2012 18:00 UTC
19:23 huginn Meeting ended Wed Dec  5 19:22:42 2012 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
19:23 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-12-05-19.22.html
19:23 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]2-12-05-19.22.txt
19:23 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]05-19.22.log.html
19:23 slef oooh
19:23 rangi Cool
19:24 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software The next general meeting is 9 January 2013 10:00 UTC
19:24 slef fixed
19:25 rangi My stop bbiab
19:26 magnuse gah, i forgot the meeting!
19:26 gmcharlt @quote random
19:26 huginn gmcharlt: Quote #4: "< kf> I often get asked: You have to study to be a librarian? perhaps MARC was invented to answer it ;)" (added by chris at 12:50 PM, June 12, 2009)
19:26 drojf why is "Allow for html in letters in overdue notices" a critical bug? html in emails is a bug
19:27 druthb @quote random
19:27 huginn druthb: Quote #100: "chris: well, one of them is overhauling the whole templating system jcamins: Koha's other swiss army chainsaw" (added by wizzyrea at 07:41 PM, October 11, 2010)
19:27 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
19:27 slef magnuse: would you have changed anything in http://meetings.koha-community[…]-12-05-18.05.html ?
19:27 slef drojf++
19:27 jcamins drojf: because without that patch, it doesn't work at all?
19:27 drojf jcamins: then the option is the bug :P
19:28 jcamins No, I mean without that patch no non-English e-mails worked.
19:28 jcamins That's why it was critical.
19:30 * thd goes to the console.
19:31 drojf jcamins: oh. that's odd. i haven't read all comments, i thought html is optional and broken if turned on, otherwise fine
19:31 magnuse slef: no, but i would (will) volunteer for moderating registrations on the wiki
19:31 slef magnuse: tell it to the gmcharlt ;)
19:33 jcamins drojf: I think at some point it got switched around.
19:33 druthb First meeting I chair here, and magnuse misses it.  I'm hurt.
19:33 magnuse gmcharlt: i hereby volunteer for moderating registrations on the wiki (i already have some kind of extra privileges, not sure if any more are needed)
19:33 slef druthb: magnuse hates you. It's clear.
19:33 magnuse moahahah
19:33 * druthb pouts.
19:33 druthb beware the ebil Norwegians!
19:33 magnuse i couldn't stand te suspense - would druthb be able to pull it off?!?
19:33 magnuse moahahah
19:33 eythian_ joined #koha
19:34 magnuse land of black metal...
19:34 magnuse kia ora eythian
19:34 eythian_ wasn't there a meeting thing about now, or are my timezones off?
19:34 drojf lol
19:34 druthb your timezones are off.
19:34 eythian_ that'll do it.
19:34 drojf cait could chair a meeting for magnuse and eythian
19:34 * eythian_ returns to breakfast
19:34 oleonard So are we waiting for a configuration change before learning how registration moderation will work?
19:35 slef oleonard: I think gmcharlt likes keeping us in suspense here
19:35 cait oleonard: I was hoping gmcharlt would give us hints after changing the config
19:35 * oleonard can't wait to start crushing people's wiki dreams!!
19:35 rangi back
19:35 cait lol
19:36 cait how was your conf oleonard? :)
19:36 gmcharlt oleonard: yes, there's a configuration change first
19:36 gmcharlt give me a few minutes
19:36 slef can someone remind me how I remove git remote branches and objects that I don't care about any more?
19:36 oleonard cait: It was very informative. Got over my head a bit at the end, but really good stuff.
19:36 rangi the big sideeffect of this will be
19:36 slef git remote prune only does so much
19:36 rangi recentchanges actually becomes useful again
19:37 kathryn joined #koha
19:37 cait yay :)
19:37 oleonard cait: They spent some time on git, so I had no trouble there, but the more advanced javascript was pretty heavy
19:37 cait oleonard: I saw your tweets - hoped you were having fun :)
19:37 magnuse recentchanges++
19:38 oleonard Hopefully after I spend some time going over what was covered I will have some suggestions for Koha
19:39 magnuse not sure how we tell what are legitimate registrations, though? and there might still be a lot of spam from accounts already created, unless gmcharlt finds some magic way to delete all accounts that have not made any edits yet, or something
19:39 * cait is hoping for some simple instructions
19:39 slef "secret ballot is a voting method in which a voter's choices in an election or a referendum are anonymous. The key aim is to ensure the voter records a sincere choice by forestalling attempts to influence the voter by intimidation or bribery." (wikipedia)
19:39 rangi i think we start from now magnuse
19:39 rangi ie all old ones just stay
19:39 rangi the spam always comes from new accounts
19:39 slef Not sure how much it achieves that if the results are published, actually.
19:40 magnuse yeah, i expect so, rangi
19:40 magnuse oops, gotta run
19:40 slef I think gnustep asks people to mail the list to get editing enabled.
19:40 rangi slef: yeah
19:40 slef Not sure if that's good or not.
19:40 oleonard I think this is a good option to try out
19:41 oleonard We'll see how it goes and re-evaluate if necessary
19:41 slef "The United Kingdom secret ballot arrangements are sometimes criticised because it is possible to link a ballot paper to the voter who cast it. Each ballot paper is individually numbered and each elector also has a number." (wikipedia again)
19:41 slef oh great, I'm like the United Kingdom :-/
19:41 gmcharlt magnuse: actually, trimming accounts that have made no edits yet is easy to do
19:42 wizzyrea cait: separate thing - scanning ISBN's or barcodes in acquisitions - the auto carriage return on barcode scanners is an ergonomic thing (submits the form before people are usually ready) - do you know if there is a bug for it? I can't find one but I thought since you had done all that work in acq you might know if that had been fixed
19:42 gmcharlt I'm sure that will catch folks that have registered but never made any edits, but that can be readily explained via postings to the mailing lists
19:42 cait wizzyrea: yes - and it should be fixed in master I tihnk
19:42 wizzyrea cooooooool
19:42 rangi gmcharlt: true
19:42 wizzyrea do you know which bug number?
19:42 wahanui which bug number is probably it?
19:42 cait not sure about isbn's but I know I checked one for barcodes
19:42 wizzyrea fab fab fab
19:42 wizzyrea :D
19:42 cait trying to figure it out, give me a sec
19:43 wizzyrea ah is np
19:43 davidnind left #koha
19:43 wizzyrea I found it bug 8557
19:43 cait bug 8557
19:43 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8557 normal, P3, ---, christophe.croullebois, Pushed to Stable , in and the use of a barcode scan send the form unexpectedly
19:43 cait lol
19:43 wizzyrea HIGHFIVE
19:44 cait HIGHFIVE
19:44 slef[…]ballot#Secrecy_vs._reliability if anyone wants more
19:44 eythian_ wahanui: highfive is <reply>gimmie six!
19:44 wahanui OK, eythian_.
19:45 * slef gives wahanui a highfive and a finger
19:45 slef oh wait
19:47 BigRig joined #koha
19:49 slef warning while applying bug 9052's patch:14: tab in indent.
19:49 slef $(TMP)/usr/share/koha/opac​/htdocs/opac-tmpl/lib/yui
19:49 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9052 blocker, P5 - low, ---, robin, Needs Signoff , YUI assets installed in the wrong place by packages
19:49 rangi that patch doesnt work
19:50 slef hahaha
19:50 rangi we already tested it
19:50 * slef goes changes the status
19:50 jcamins The indentation in that file *must* be a tab.
19:50 jcamins FWIW
19:50 rangi and yes
19:50 rangi do not change that :)
19:50 slef someone's tip on git config was wrong then
19:50 rangi but its more that the files are still not in the right place
19:51 rangi is why that patch didnt work
19:51 slef is this new in 3.10?
19:51 slef as in, will a diff against 3.8 illuminate?
19:51 rangi yep, the files were moved
19:51 rangi no
19:51 jcamins slef: that is the only file in the whole Koha codebase that should have tabs for indentation.
19:51 rangi we know the files are moved
19:51 rangi its just the packaging doesnt
19:52 rangi and that fix, doesnt move them correctly
19:52 slef Changes submitted for bug 9052
19:53 slef [apply]
19:53 slef whitespace = fix
19:53 slef ^^ I just delete that from the git config, right?
19:53 * slef RTFMs
19:53 jcamins You should do that only when testing this one patch.
19:54 slef y'all suck ;)
19:54 slef torturing me
19:54 jcamins Blame Debian.
19:54 slef I do. Frequently. Haven't you heard?
19:54 slef They loooove me ;)
19:55 slef whitespace = warn is the default
19:55 slef I can leave it disabled and think for myself I think
19:56 rangi i only clean up trailing whitespace
19:56 rangi git config --global core.whitespace trailing-space,space-before-tab
19:57 rangi and spaces before tabs
19:57 rangi i dont automatically change tabs to spaces
19:57 rangi cos thats just dangerous
19:58 sophie_m joined #koha
20:01 slef hrm, wonder who persauded me to add that
20:01 slef nm
20:01 rangi[…]patches-with-git/  <-- that's what i do
20:01 slef yeah, I found that. Twice. ;-)
20:02 slef Plus rickw arguing for nowarn.
20:02 rangi someone may have extended it to do tabs too
20:02 rangi rickw did a lot of arguing for not a lot of code
20:02 slef it's like you say on the wiki, added by drojf IIRC
20:02 rangi his energy could have been chanelled better
20:03 slef meh, I disagree... best discover if you agree with a project before wasting work on it
20:03 slef else it just makes you resent it even more later
20:04 rangi yeah but 1.5 years of discovering
20:04 rangi ?
20:04 rangi seriously?
20:05 rangi thats a good use of your life, specially if you are being paid to work on said project
20:05 rangi i guess i value my own time more than that
20:07 slef yeah that's a bit more
20:07 slef I wonder if he was being ordered to work on it too, but didn't want to.
20:07 rangi could be
20:07 slef So the pressure escaped sideways.
20:07 rangi or he might have just been argumentative by nature :)
20:07 rangi some ppl are doers some are talkers
20:07 rambutan joined #koha
20:08 rangi so maybe just in the wrong role
20:08 slef I don't think there are such people.  It's a dog helps dog world.  But sometimes we can't overcome all the nurture-caused problems.
20:08 slef Probably wrong role.
20:09 rangi either way, id like the 17 or so hours i wasted on emails wiht him back *grin*
20:09 rangi did you ever see the movie in time?
20:09 slef it's gone, let go
20:09 slef the movie "in time"?
20:10 rangi
20:10 rangi trading in time
20:10 oleonard Oh my god that movie was so bad.
20:10 slef not that I remember
20:10 rangi i saw it on the flight to kohacon
20:10 rangi it is bad
20:11 slef oleonard: I thought that from the cast, but 6.6/10 ???
20:11 rangi interesting premise .. could have been a good movie, instead was crap
20:11 oleonard Hey I think I saw that on an airplane too!
20:11 rangi thats where i watch movies
20:11 rangi i get no time anywhere else
20:11 slef I think I was watching the avengers films and something else on planes this year
20:11 slef seen skyfall at cinema... and I'm sure I've seen something else but I can't tell you what.
20:11 wahanui I haven't seen 'skyfall', slef
20:12 slef wahanui: no, you don't watch many films, do you?
20:12 wahanui slef: i haven't a clue
20:12 slef wahanui: prat
20:12 wahanui slef: i'm not following you...
20:12 slef wahanui: clearly
20:12 wahanui slef: excuse me?
20:12 slef wahanui: figures
20:12 wahanui I like *your* figure
20:12 slef wahanui: pervert
20:12 wahanui slef: huh?
20:12 slef wahanui: sixth question?
20:12 wahanui sixth question is "Why are you still asking wahanui?" or "How bored are you?"
20:13 slef bug 7494
20:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7494 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mjr, In Discussion , Use partial barcode or callnumber as a fallback for the barcode search in checkout
20:14 drojf jcamins: how do i reproduce bug 9136? i try adding a tag in opac detail view and it works the same (=not really) with plack and without: i can enter the tag text, click 'add' and nothing happens, when i reload the page the tag is added. no error
20:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9136 major, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , C4::Tags not Plack-compatible
20:15 jcamins drojf: does Firebug give youa 500 error?
20:17 phlunk joined #koha
20:17 cait drojf++ for signing off
20:17 drojf no but i get some other funny error. maybe something is weird on my end
20:17 drojf let me see
20:17 slef huginn: query street address
20:17 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4041 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Address Format as a I18N/L10N system preference
20:17 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3765 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Road Types and Street Numbers on Patron Rec Inconsistent
20:17 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1633 enhancement, P3, ---, jcamins, ASSIGNED , Add ability to take book cover images from local img db
20:17 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8516 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mjr, Pushed to Master , Add a "Street Address" search option to the patrons search
20:18 slef huginn: query autoMemberSuffix
20:18 huginn slef: No results for "autoMemberSuffix."
20:18 slef huginn: bum
20:18 huginn slef: downloading the Perl source
20:18 slef huginn: query analytic item types
20:18 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7716 enhancement, P3, ---, mjr, ASSIGNED , Statistical/analytic item type
20:18 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8738 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Pushed to Master , DateTime object being compared to a date string in circulation
20:19 cait slef: what are you looking for?
20:19 phlunk Hey everyone, I have what I presume is a basic question. Can someone tell me how to add the where statement to not display books which are checked out to the following query?
20:19 slef cait: things I need
20:19 cait and items.onloan is NULL
20:20 cait untested
20:20 slef cait: I'm just trying to track stuff I've touched with a particular hat on but not used for a while, but now is dinner.
20:20 phlunk thank you cait
20:33 drojf jcamins: found my error (remainder of a test in opacuserjs). can't reproduce your bug, works ok for me, i get an "added tags" (or similar, using german version) message. i am not using starman, just running opac.psgi, could that be a reason?
20:35 edveal left #koha
20:35 jcamins drojf: yeah, it might be STarman-specific.
20:35 jcamins *Starman
20:35 jcamins I can reproduce it every time.
20:36 drojf ok i should start to use starman then. but not tonight. unless i return at 3am again :/
20:36 drojf good night #koha
20:37 cait good night drojf
20:38 edveal joined #koha
20:39 edveal left #koha
20:41 edveal joined #koha
20:41 edveal left #koha
20:47 magnuse @later tell slef: someone was asking about edifact the other day, maybe you could update bug 2443 with a status, and comment on the relationship to bug 7736
20:47 huginn magnuse: The operation succeeded.
20:48 slef magnuse: why not just ask me? I'm aware of it, need to check my case notes for a long-dead :-( project and I don't think there's any relationship to bug 7736.
20:48 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7736 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mark.gavillet, Failed QA , Edifact QUOTE and ORDER functionality
20:48 slef I'm aware of the thread
20:49 magnuse slef: i just asked you :-)
20:50 slef Without looking, I'd love to extract the code and throw it over the wall (which is probably the best we can do now) in case someone can still use it, but we've failed to get it into a publishable (let alone QA-ready) state, as did our partners.
20:50 slef So not easy. Not great code.
20:50 slef If I had more money = more time, ...
20:50 slef more money||time
20:51 slef I hesitate to suggest someone pay for that time, as it might still not work :-/ - maybe I should put it up on a crowdfunding site, first to publish, then to get it to release.
20:51 magnuse yeah, could be worth a try
20:52 slef Then no-one would be under any illusions that the published code would work.
20:52 slef I fear it's at least vendor-specific and might even be client-specific.
20:52 slef Vendors don't exactly run forwards to support EDI development :-/
20:53 slef That surprised me. I thought vendors might want to sell stuff to more people more easily ;)
20:54 magnuse you'd think that would make some kind of sense, yes...
20:57 * magnuse calls it a day
20:58 rangi cya magnuse
20:58 cait bye magnuse
20:58 magnuse :-)
20:59 * slef breaks for dinner
21:00 jatara joined #koha
21:08 oleonard See you later #koha
21:11 francharb joined #koha
21:12 wizzyrea bah lol just as I have a question for him :)
21:12 francharb hi all
21:16 jatara Are there any ways we can allow a user to run reports, but not create them?
21:19 talljoy joined #koha
21:19 cait jatara: have you checked user permissions?
21:20 cait I am nto sure it works like advertised, but I think we got the permissoins to do just that
21:20 jatara Yes, we have. We disabled "create SQL reports" for them, but it prevented them from being able to run reports, believe it or not.
21:21 jatara We want them to run previously created reports, but not create new ones themselves.
21:24 mtj jatara, it sounds like a bug?
21:24 mtj .. perhaps you could document your problem in Koha's bugzilla
21:25 cait yep, def a bug
21:26 jatara Ok. Will document.
21:31 * rangi boggles
21:37 cait hm?
21:37 wizzyrea you are boggling?
21:37 rangi see the patches mailing list
21:37 wizzyrea ohh...
21:38 rangi http://lists.koha-community.or[…]ember/017583.html
21:38 rangi im gonna forward it to the main list
21:38 wizzyrea indeed - wut?
21:38 rangi but yeah 3.00.06
21:38 rangi thats like from 312 BC
21:39 wizzyrea hehe we used to say that about 2.x ;)
21:39 wizzyrea that one is from the 'before time'
21:39 wizzyrea in the beginning there was koha, and it was good.
21:39 wizzyrea and then there was 3.2, and it was better.
21:40 wizzyrea and then came the golden age of Koha
21:40 wizzyrea and many songs were written
21:40 wizzyrea (the rest of the story - who knows)
21:54 eythian I think we should have an email party on koha-patches when returns and turns off the auto-away.
21:54 jcamins lol
21:54 jcamins Agreed.
21:58 nengard joined #koha
21:59 nengard hi all,
21:59 nengard I'm training a new library and i remember a dev/enh that i can't find a bug report for
22:00 nengard am i dreaming or was there a dev to keep the history of messages put on a patron's record?
22:00 nengard anyone know the bug number?
22:00 wizzyrea message history has been in for a long time
22:00 cait library messages? or notices?
22:00 nengard messages left on the circulation page - not notices
22:01 nengard where you click 'add a new message' on the checkout screen
22:01 nengard those messages
22:01 wizzyrea that has also been there for a long time - but it depends on how you add the message. There is no history if you delete them.
22:01 nengard i thought i saw somehting where a log was being kept of the messages even after they were deleted
22:01 nengard i probably am imagining it
22:01 gmcharlt since the MediaWiki ConfirmAccount plugin suggets one, I've created a "terms of service" page for the wiki
22:01 gmcharlt[…]:Terms_of_Service
22:02 gmcharlt as you can see, it's *very* minimal, but if anybody wants to extend it or discuss extending it ... here it is
22:02 rangi ohh cool
22:05 cait gmcharlt++
22:08 rangi jatara: i think you might have updated the wrong bug, that one is only for exactly 1 report, the overdue items .. not all
22:09 rangi so even if htat was in, it wouldn't do what you were asking
22:12 nengard left #koha
22:15 gmcharlt cait: slef: rangi: you're now set to confirm/deny new user registrations on the wiki - go to[…]l:ConfirmAccounts to see the queue
22:15 gmcharlt @later tell oleonard you're now set to confirm/deny new user registrations on the wiki - go to[…]l:ConfirmAccounts to see the queue
22:15 huginn gmcharlt: The operation succeeded.
22:15 rangi thanks
22:16 gmcharlt @later tell davidnind you're now set to confirm/deny new user registrations on the wiki - go to[…]l:ConfirmAccounts to see the queue
22:16 huginn gmcharlt: The operation succeeded.
22:16 maximep left #koha
22:16 cait ah, empty queue?
22:16 eythian what table(s) do authorities end up in?
22:16 gmcharlt wizzyrea: thd-away: and any other folks who have the admin or the beaurecrat bit on the wiki ... you can do that too
22:16 jcamins auth_header.
22:16 wahanui i guess auth_header is empty
22:16 jcamins Sorta.
22:16 gmcharlt cait: yep
22:16 eythian jcamins: say I wanted to delete them all from SQL, I'd just truncate that?
22:17 jcamins Yes.
22:17 jcamins And reindex the authorities.
22:17 eythian cool ta
22:17 jcamins But that will leave any links that might have been in the bibs.
22:17 eythian how do I delete them?
22:17 eythian oh
22:17 eythian I'm deleting all the bibs too
22:17 jcamins So if you want to remove those you need to either delete all $9s or ...
22:17 jcamins okay, no problem there.
22:18 eythian (this is tidying up the database in prep for a final migration)
22:18 wizzyrea oh cooool
22:18 wizzyrea ty gmcharlt
22:18 wizzyrea gmcharlt++
22:23 magnuse gmcharlt: i'm in the Administrators group, but not Bureaucrats. on[…]l:ConfirmAccounts i get "Permission error - The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Bureaucrats."
22:25 * magnuse goes to sleep
22:27 phlunk exit
22:27 phlunk oops lmao
22:29 tcohen joined #koha
22:34 gmcharlt magnuse: ah, OK
22:34 gmcharlt I'll make admins bureaucrats, then
22:34 gmcharlt *also* bureaucrats
22:36 rangi gmcharlt++ # good email
22:37 gmcharlt magnuse: ok, it should work for you now
22:37 gmcharlt (and holy cow, there are a ton of accounts)
22:37 rangi yes, yes there are
22:40 tcohen existing accounts remain untouched, right?
22:40 cait can we block someone approved that starts spamming too?
22:41 tcohen i'll try not to ask too much then :-P
22:43 rangi cait: yep
22:43 gmcharlt tcohen: heh; correct, existing accounts won't be touched unless they meet the criteria for the purge
22:43 gmcharlt namely: already blocked, or "contributed" spam, or at least 10 days old and *never* made any edits
22:45 tcohen perfect
22:45 rangi hehe
22:45 rangi[…]hors&wpShowHeld=0
22:45 rangi for those that can see
22:46 gmcharlt rangi: I dunno.. that character seems mighty suspicious
22:46 * rangi rejects them
22:46 gmcharlt :P
22:46 trea left #koha
22:46 rangi works perfectly
22:46 rangi gmcharlt++
22:59 jcamins bag: if you're interested in looking at a squashed and rebased version of the search rewrite, I have that in an sr_squashed branch.
23:02 eythian[…]ps-and-workflows/ <-- nothing too exciting there, but good for people who want to know a few more handy tricks
23:03 jcamins As an aside, a side-effect of the way the configuration works is that with a tiny code change it would be possible to specify callbacks in the configuration file.
23:08 jcamins I'm not sure about that git stash tip... why would I want to do that?
23:09 thd-away` joined #koha
23:10 eythian the workflow there would work fine without the stash entirely, I think
23:10 jcamins Yeah, that's what I thought.
23:15 tcohen joined #koha
23:17 mtj oh man, just reading back the meeting from last nite
23:18 libsysguy joined #koha
23:18 mtj jesus wept
23:19 jcamins mtj: the new license passed.
23:20 edveal joined #koha
23:20 mtj ah, i hadnt clicked to that yet
23:21 mtj 18:46druthb#agreed GPLv3+, as of 3.12.0, with two exceptions, and pending the openncip issue.
23:21 mtj ah, so it was… :)
23:21 jcamins The OpenNCIP issue was resolved.
23:21 jcamins Well prior to the meeting.
23:23 mtj thats the best Koha news i've heard in many years
23:41 libsysguy joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary