IRC log for #koha, 2012-07-26

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 mib_jtzy1e ok
00:02 rangi id have a look on the wiki
00:02 rangi wiki?
00:02 wahanui wiki is
00:02 rangi and see if someone else has started :)
00:03 rangi also
00:03 rangi bugs?
00:03 wahanui bugs is found at Please fix any bugs you find. :) or reporting them is helpful, too.
00:03 mib_jtzy1e how about for a built in digital repository
00:04 rangi there has been some talk of that
00:04 Judit good morning
00:05 rangi however im off the opinion that there are already good floss digital repositories out there
00:05 rangi so best to make it work well with them
00:05 mib_jtzy1e yes we have inspected Dspace
00:05 rangi fedora/fez i like too
00:05 mib_jtzy1e cool
00:05 mib_jtzy1e i will look at that
00:06 mib_jtzy1e i am fairly new to the koha world and I am not much of a programmer, but what would suggest I do if I wanted to start learning to program for koha
00:06 rangi do you know much perl?
00:06 mib_jtzy1e no
00:07 mib_jtzy1e i learn languages fairly quickly when I use them
00:07 rangi id start off with the learning perl book, you'll rip through that fast
00:07 rangi once you have the basic concepts .. then doing some unit tests is a good way to learn the code base
00:07 mib_jtzy1e awesome
00:07 mib_jtzy1e thank you
00:31 rangi oh hey Judit :)
00:31 rangi just realised i didnt say hi
00:32 Judit hi rangi how is winter treating you guys
00:33 rangi pretty mild actually, rainy but not cold at all
00:33 rangi no snow like last year :)
00:34 JoeLib001 joined #koha
00:44 Irma joined #koha
01:06 melia left #koha
01:06 dcook joined #koha
01:07 dcook morning #koha
01:07 rangi afternoon :)
01:08 Judit haha
01:08 Judit monring
01:08 rangi moonring to you too
01:09 dcook Gotta love the diversity of timezones :D
01:11 Judit this is just reminds me of this:[…]ice%20divide.aspx
01:25 dcook I don't suppose anyone knows if it's possible to include a default value in the jQuery Datatables select list?
01:26 dcook In other words, for "holds to pull", to have the user's branch be the default rather than "none"
01:26 rangi no idea sorry
01:26 rangi but id expect yes
01:27 dcook No worries. I'm thinking so too. I just hope it doesn't involve too much code additions
01:27 dcook too many *
01:27 rangi you'd need to set seomthing in the template, that the jquery can use to know the users branch of course
01:27 dcook Mhm
01:27 dcook I suppose it would be easy enough to do that after the table is drawn
01:28 dcook But it would look a little sloppy to have JS choosing the branch after
01:28 dcook Hmm
01:29 * dcook digs a bit more
01:38 ago43 joined #koha
02:37 schnydszch joined #koha
02:40 dcook Partial success!
02:52 dcook Total success!
03:47 rangi woot
03:48 rangi
04:07 cait joined #koha
04:10 cait good morning #koha
04:16 wizzyrea1 joined #koha
04:26 mtj wow, that test is next-level
04:26 mtj is it the first Test::MockModule test for koha, ever?
04:29 mtj the other thing i've just clicked to is...
04:29 mtj all our Koha db testing code could (or should?) be replaced with a DBD::Mock database?
04:30 mtj ... which removes the problem of people having to set up a 'test' db, with mysql user-perms and such
04:30 mtompset joined #koha
04:30 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
04:30 mtj (which they usually never do, or do correctly)... and get a bunch of failed db tests
04:31 mtj hi mtompset
04:33 mtompset Greetings, mtj
04:35 AndroUser2 joined #koha
04:36 mtompset Cool! jcamins_away found a sources.list generator. Great! He'll be able to test to his heart's content once the script is polished up some more. :)
04:38 wizzyrea joined #koha
05:06 chris_n` joined #koha
05:07 rangi mtj: thats the plan
05:08 rangi im hoping to teach the 2 academy kids how to do that
05:12 cait rangi++ academy_kids++
05:13 bartjorgensen joined #koha
05:13 rangi hey bartjorgensen
05:14 rangi http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ter/HTML_Report/?
05:15 rangi
05:19 mtj rangi:  ->   ....  work for you ?
05:19 cait does for me
05:20 mtj thanks cait -  i had some 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' problems, that i've hopefully fixed
05:21 cait not sure what that means, but I see a dashboard :)
05:21 cait are you planning to enhance it?
05:21 mtj yep, thats the plan :)
05:21 mtj ... just setting up a dev instance
05:23 mtj hey bart - long time, no see
05:26 mtj and on that successfully note, i'm off....
05:26 mezwor joined #koha
05:27 mtj ciao cait - have a great day :)
05:29 cait good night mtj :)
05:32 jorgia joined #koha
05:32 rangi hey its jorgia !
05:33 jorgia bartjorgensen, hows it going ? :)
05:49 mezwor Hi all
05:51 mezwor 3what are the advantages and disadvatges of installing koha via Git or .tar file?
05:53 mezwor 3any1 there?
05:55 cait it depends on what you want to do
05:55 cait will you be developing?
05:55 cait do you want to customize the code you run in production (which is not strictly recommendable)?
06:02 mbalmer joined #koha
06:05 mtompset which install to use?\
06:05 mtompset which install to use?
06:05 wahanui If you're developing, you should use git. If you're not developing on a deb-based system, you should use packages. If you're not developing on a different flavour of Linux, you should use the tarball.
06:07 mtompset (packages = koha-common, etc.)
06:07 laurence joined #koha
06:08 pastebot "rangi" at pasted "testing paste" (1 line) at
06:11 mezwor 3I want to use for production env
06:12 mbalmer joined #koha
06:13 mezwor 3Cait: Yes no detail customization only changing the look and feel
06:14 alex_a bonjour !
06:15 cait git is mostly good if you want to develop
06:15 pastebot "jorgia" at pasted "testing" (1 line) at
06:15 cait mezwor: why are you not using the packages? it's a third option and easier than the tarball
06:15 mezwor 3You guys are suggesting to use tarball for production env
06:16 cait mezwor: suggesting you use the debian or ubuntu packages for Koha
06:16 cait packages?
06:16 wahanui packages is, like, at
06:16 mezwor 3I use Debian mostly
06:18 mezwor 3cait: packages, does the link provide all the necessary packages ?
06:21 cait the link provides instrustions
06:21 cait instructions
06:21 wahanui instructions are coming right now to the wiki near you
06:22 mezwor 3Ya I got it, it is really helpful
06:22 cait[…]on_Debian_Squeeze
06:23 mezwor 3Cait: Thanks I got it, I understand what you mean.
06:24 mezwor 3Any idea on how to make the OPAC online - I mean DNS , Domain issues
06:24 mezwor 3And which file I have to edit to dos so ...
06:25 mezwor 3And which file configuration I have to edit to do so ...
06:25 mezwor 3Cait: any idea ...
06:26 cait mezwor: these are not really koha questions
06:26 cait koha is not different to other things you run on servers
06:27 mezwor 3I think there is a configuration issue to make OPAC available online so ...
06:28 alex_a1 joined #koha
06:28 cait you will need to look at apache
06:28 cait and your virtualhosts for koha
06:28 mtompset The instructions do contain some instructions on that.
06:29 * mtompset just realized how recursively weird that sounded.
06:29 cait heh
06:29 rangi Well that was productive from an empty ubuntu. To working koha installs from packages then switching the config to use the git clone in less than 2 hours
06:30 mezwor 3Ya I did it, both staff and OPAC interface works fine in my localhost now I want to make OPAC online
06:30 rangi And we even wrote 3 new tests
06:31 cait woot
06:31 cait mezwor: then the question is probably if your server is reachable from the outside
06:31 mezwor 3And I think there exists a configuration issue rlated to DNS and Domain name in koha, am I wrong?
06:32 francharb joined #koha
06:32 francharb hi
06:33 rangi They are coming back next week to do some more, but are planning to do some from home too
06:33 rangi Hi francharb
06:33 francharb 0/ rangi
06:35 cait rangi: sounds awesome
06:35 mezwor 3Any help on what to do after successful installation of koha to make the OPAC live
06:36 mezwor 3Cait: if apache was not configured properly, could I have access for staff and opac interface locally?
06:36 cait it's about your server I think - I am not a system administrator, so someone else might be more able to help you here. but it's really not a koha specific problem I think.
06:37 cait no it looks like what you have works. but you may have to change something if you want to access it from outside of the computer koha is running on
06:37 mezwor 3How about the link you gave me earlier it says something about DNS
06:38 rangi That's not koha that's dns
06:38 rangi Ie a networking thing, not koha specific
06:39 mezwor 3ok , sorry I think I am stupid about it
06:40 rangi Ie you need to be able to access your server from the network
06:40 rangi If you can access locally koha is ok
06:40 rangi The rest is network/apache setup
06:41 * rangi hopes that's helpful
06:41 mezwor 3rangi: can you help on that?
06:41 mezwor 3Just instructions
06:41 rangi No it will be specific to your set up
06:42 rangi I would tell you the wrong things
06:42 mezwor 3means ?
06:42 mezwor 3If you can help on general issues I will cascade it ... please
06:43 rangi Means no I can't help with that
06:43 mezwor 3ok
06:43 mezwor 3 10Q
06:46 reiveune joined #koha
06:46 reiveune hello
06:47 rangi Hmm is tweetbot dead?
06:47 rangi Hi reiveune
06:48 rangi Also DBD::Mock rules
06:49 cait it looks not too hard to copy from the unit test you attached
06:49 cait hope to see more exampls :)
06:49 cait brb
06:49 cait left #koha
06:55 mtompset That is sweet. It will help Koha be more clean regardless of backend used.
06:55 laurence joined #koha
07:01 julian_m joined #koha
07:02 julian_m hello
07:03 * magnuse waves
07:04 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:06 gaetan_B hello
07:06 dcook_away allo gaetan_B :)
07:10 asaurat joined #koha
07:11 asaurat hello
07:14 mtompset Greetings, julian_m gaetan_B asaurat and dcook_away
07:14 julian_m hello mtompset
07:18 paul_p joined #koha
07:22 dcook_away hey mtompset
07:22 wahanui i guess mtompset is a human being in the Philippines, and is having musical flashbacks.
07:24 mtompset wahanui forget mtompset
07:24 wahanui mtompset: I forgot mtompset
07:24 asaurat1 joined #koha
07:26 mtompset .msg wahanui mtompset?
07:26 mtompset Oops... :)
07:28 mtompset There... much better. :)
07:28 kf joined #koha
07:28 mtompset Greetings, kf.
07:28 * dcook_away swears that he sees a new bug every time he looks at Koha these days...
07:28 kf dcook_away: it's normal sometimes, don't worry, it will work out
07:28 kf dcook_away: but file them :)
07:28 mtompset They aren't bugs. They are unintentional features. ;)
07:29 dcook_away lol
07:29 dcook_away nice one, mtompset :p
07:29 dcook_away Good call, kf. It's 5:27pm but I want to fix it..
07:30 kf I think documenting htem is really the first step to make things better
07:30 kf and to make people aware
07:30 dcook_away Hmm, true enough!
07:30 * dcook_away patters away to bugzilla
07:36 kf dcook++ :)
07:37 dcook_away :)
07:37 dcook_away Bug 8508. I think it might have to wait until tomorrow...
07:37 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8508 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Holds to Pull : jQuery datatable dropdown not displaying correctly when an item can be pulled from multiple libraries
07:38 kf the filing or the fixing?
07:39 kf :)
07:41 dcook_away The fixing ;)
07:41 dcook_away Actually, I'm still just learning jQuery, so it might take a little while.
07:50 kf dcook_away: also fixing the bugs you file is perfect - but you can also file stuff you don't intend to fix and you stumble upoon
07:53 dcook_away I have done that on a couple of occasions :). In this case, I've been doing a lot of work on the Holds Pull List, so it makes sense to keep plugging away at it
07:54 mtompset But, kf, if you leave it for someone else to do, it won't get done as fast.
07:54 mtompset Generally speaking.
07:54 dcook_away I'll just read up on how jquery datatables works tomorrow. I almost wonder if there are spaces rather than <br> tags that jquery might interpret them as separate pieces of data and thus break them into different strings to make different options
07:55 mtompset Also, if you find it, that means the library group you are working with are probably aware of it and want it fixed yesterday.
07:55 kf mtompset: true, but undocumented bugs are super evil - documentation is the first step always
07:55 dcook_away I'm definitely in agreement with kf
07:55 kf we also encourage libraries to file bugs
07:55 mtompset Yes.
07:55 dcook_away I have a tendency to sometimes hold off on the bug report until I already have a patch
07:56 dcook_away But it makes sense just to report it and then patch it when you can, even if it is immediately
07:56 mtompset Bug file first... treat bugzilla like a TODO list. :)
07:56 kf dcook_away: you can assign yourself to the bug and add a note you are working on it
07:56 dcook_away Mmm, good one, kf
07:56 kf sometimes you will miss a duplicate bug
07:56 kf so a bug report can prevent doubled up work
07:57 kf and also someone might have an idea about the problem or a solution in mind
07:57 mtompset True. marcel caught a duplicate for me. :)
07:58 mtompset Certain was glad when I realized I didn't have to do anything because the attached patch on the other looked like it included the thing I caught.
08:00 mtompset The nice thing about the bugzilla as a TODO list, someone MAY actually do part of it. :)
08:01 kf yep
08:01 kf you pick on more people*s minds than only your own :)
08:01 kf and now I have a meeting :)
08:02 dcook_away it looks like one of my enhancements may have caused a bug..
08:03 kf_mtg good that you caught it :)
08:03 mtompset so fix it, no foul. :)
08:04 mtompset @wunder YVR
08:04 huginn mtompset: The current temperature in Marpole, Vancouver, British Columbia is 17.1°C (12:50 AM PDT on July 26, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 89%. Dew Point: 15.0°C. Pressure: 29.94 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
08:04 dcook_away Thanks, kf_mtg :)
08:04 mtompset That's what I thought. Isn't it after 1AM where you are, dcook_away?
08:05 dcook_away True, mtompset. Now if only I could figure it out..
08:05 dcook_away I'm in Sydney, Australia :p
08:05 dcook_away I don't go back to Vancouver for another 3 weeks
08:05 mtompset AH! Okay.
08:06 mtompset @wunder MNL
08:06 huginn mtompset: The current temperature in Manila, Philippines is 29.0°C (4:00 PM PHT on July 26, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 74%. Dew Point: 24.0°C. Pressure: 29.71 in 1006 hPa (Steady).
08:06 magnuse @wunder boo
08:06 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 10.0°C (9:50 AM CEST on July 26, 2012). Conditions: Light Drizzle. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 9.0°C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Steady).
08:06 mtompset Why does boo call up Bodo?
08:07 dcook_away Must be the code?
08:07 * dcook_away has an idea about his enhancement come bug...
08:07 * mtompset shrugs, "Probably an airport code, I guess."
08:08 dcook_away Mhm
08:08 * dcook_away dances a bit
08:08 dcook_away I'm glad that no one can see that...
08:08 mtompset Coding victory dance?
08:08 dcook_away Yep
08:08 * mtompset grins, "I like those moments too."
08:09 dcook_away I've introduced some extra JS to use the user's branch as the default filter for the hold's pull list
08:09 dcook_away So you don't see all the other branch's holds right away
08:09 dcook_away But I was forcing the filter before the other dropdowns were being populated
08:09 dcook_away tsk tsk
08:10 dcook_away So all the other dropdowns would be limited to options for the holds to pull for that library rather than all libraries
08:10 dcook_away Which isn't a problem choose another library to filter and then you're hooped
08:10 dcook_away But yes, I like these moments :)
08:11 magnuse yeah, boo is the airport code for Bodø
08:11 mtompset @wunder NAIA
08:11 huginn mtompset: Error: No such location could be found.
08:12 dcook_away @wunder YQR
08:12 huginn dcook_away: The current temperature in Regina, Saskatchewan is 13.0°C (1:00 AM CST on July 26, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 100%. Dew Point: 13.0°C. Pressure: 29.90 in 1012 hPa (Rising).
08:13 dcook_away I've always liked that airport code. I assume the Q relates to the Queen...
08:13 mtompset Seems like a reasonable assumption.
08:15 dcook_away I might stay away from huginn. Around 15 years ago, I broke an IRC bot, so I've been wary of them ever since ;)
08:15 * dcook_away should be doing homework but bug fixing is too attractive...
08:25 mtompset What homework?
08:27 dcook_away I'm doing a class on developing educational programs for adult learners. Just need to wrap up my last assignment and then I'm free for another month ;)
08:27 dcook_away My project is actually about developing training programs for Koha :p
08:28 mtompset Sounds like you should be talking with nengard?
08:29 dcook_away Well, the assignment is finished. I just need to include some reflective statements about the overall process at the start and end.
08:29 dcook_away But I like the suggestion :)
08:29 asaurat joined #koha
08:31 reiveune joined #koha
08:32 alex_a joined #koha
08:33 * dcook_away wonders if anyone has any insight into the "createSelect" javascript method...\
08:34 mtompset I haven't dived into the javascript world yet. Sorry.
08:40 paul_p joined #koha
08:44 asaurat is it normal that the "Expected" status of a serial disappears once another status has been selected ? when a librarian chooses something else by mistake, it's impossible to come back.. would that cause problems if I allowed the Expected status to be selected again?
08:50 asaurat1 joined #koha
08:50 paul_p_ joined #koha
08:51 asaurat1 I've been disconnected, if someone answered me please repeat =)
08:51 reiveune1 joined #koha
08:51 asaurat1 or I can just check the logs :p
08:56 magnuse asaurat1: noone answered while you were away ;-(
08:56 dcook_away Sorry, I don't have an answer off the top of my head and it doesn't look like anyone else wrote anything either
08:56 magnuse to me it sounds like it would be a good thing to be able to correct mistakes, but i'm no expert on serials!
08:57 dcook_away Actually, now that I think about it...
08:58 dcook_away If they've made a mistake and they want it to say "Expected", they can just delete it and "generate next" again
08:58 mtompset Sadly, I know nothing.
08:58 dcook_away I suppose the idea is that you don't want people to be able to change it to "Expected" manually, since "Expected" is changed programatically to "Late"
08:59 mtompset jcamins?
08:59 wahanui jcamins is A-Grade developper on Koha willing to rewrite it from top to bottom. Good Luck jcamins
09:00 mtompset I thought it had something in there related to serials or bibliography at some point in time. Oh well.
09:01 mib_r3iam5 joined #koha
09:01 mib_r3iam5 No holds allowed in koha it can be resolved
09:01 mib_r3iam5 any body help me???????????
09:06 mtompset Sorry, I don't know enough to be able to help you.
09:06 alex_a joined #koha
09:07 mib_r3iam5 any one else?
09:08 cjh there are a few settings that need to be checked, searching for "hold" in system preferences should get them
09:09 cjh by default you cant place holds on items that are on shelf, something like AllowOnShelfHolds
09:11 cjh mib_r3iam5: does that help?
09:11 cjh oh also OPACItemHolds set to allow (so patrons can place holds in the OPAC)
09:11 cjh although that allows holds on specific items.
09:12 cjh mib_r3iam5: within the circulation tab in system preferences there is an entire "Holds Policy" section you may need to look at.
09:16 francharb I'm looking for a zebra expert. Anyone?
09:16 francharb It's an easy question I think
09:16 francharb I want to use the Title-host index
09:16 magnuse francharb: try your nearest zoo?
09:16 francharb \0/
09:16 * magnuse couldn't resist the temptation ;-)
09:17 cjh heh
09:17 francharb good answer
09:17 francharb so...
09:17 francharb it's set up in the record.abs file
09:17 francharb I need to add it in the file
09:17 francharb I was thinking about doing this : Title-host 1=4
09:17 francharb 4 is the attribute in bib1.att for title
09:18 francharb but it"s already used for the tifle index
09:18 francharb Title 1=4
09:18 francharb si my question is
09:18 francharb can I use the same attribute for 2 differents index?
09:19 francharb I think no but I want to be sure
09:19 francharb :)
09:22 julian_m joined #koha
09:31 magnuse francharb: all the other mappings seem to be 1:1 i think?
09:32 magnuse i think it would be better to change record.abs, to get the data into the Title index there, if that is what you want
09:37 * dcook_away glares at the holds to pull datatable
09:38 dcook_away I finally figure out a way to break apart the "branch<br>branch" string and get it to output as separate options...
09:38 dcook_away Then I realize that they're not distinct values
09:41 francharb ok magnuse, thank you
09:53 kf marcelr++
09:56 kf frido_s++
10:08 tweetbot` joined #koha
10:21 * dcook_away twitches a bit
10:26 kf shouldn't you be asleep? :)
10:30 dcook_away I should be doing homework :(
10:30 dcook_away Instead of finding ways to fix the holds pull list
10:31 kf oh what are you studying?
10:32 dcook_away I've been doing a course on planning programs for adult learners
10:33 dcook_away I just need to put the final touches on my final assignment, but playing with javascript is a bit more interesting ;)
10:33 tweetbot` joined #koha
10:36 kf dcook_away: I know... Koha is always more intersting than any study *sigh*
10:37 chris_n` joined #koha
10:39 dcook_away Agreed
10:39 dcook_away But then I have a month off from study :)
10:39 dcook_away When I head back, I need to do some required courses, an odd elective, and then courses on preservation and taxonomies for my MLIS :)
10:40 dcook_away After that, I'll have my degree and I'll come back to Oz to work on Koha all the time, muahhaa
10:40 dcook_away I'll be doing some work while I'm back in Canada, but the rate will definitely be slower and I won't be able to do these ridiculous nights where I procrastinate study in favour of work...
10:47 * mtompset grins and chants, "ko-ha! ko-ha! code! code! code! code!"
10:47 kf dcook_away: the plan to work only on koha after that sounds good to me :)
10:47 dcook_away :)
11:16 ropuch_ joined #koha
11:19 ibeardsl1e joined #koha
11:24 wizzyrea joined #koha
11:34 kf hi matts
11:35 matts hi !
11:35 kf :)
11:38 jwagner joined #koha
11:39 nengard joined #koha
11:44 * dcook_away wonders if jcamins ever sleeps
11:45 jcamins dcook_away: it's 7:43.
11:45 dcook_away True, but you're often up when it's considerably earlier/later as well :P
11:46 * kf sends cait to sleep while kf is here :P
11:46 jcamins dcook_away: this is true.
11:46 dcook_away I was going to PM you about that kf :P
11:46 dcook_away Mind you, the difference might only be 12 hours, so maybe that's not so bizarre...
11:46 dcook_away In either case, hi :)
11:48 jcamins clrh: good morning/afternoon.
11:51 libsysguy joined #koha
11:52 kf dcook_away: pm me?
12:12 chris_n joined #koha
12:12 mtompset joined #koha
12:12 Irma joined #koha
12:12 dpavlin joined #koha
12:12 jenkins_koha joined #koha
12:12 wahanui joined #koha
12:12 mhk joined #koha
12:12 janPasi_ joined #koha
12:13 julian_m joined #koha
12:13 mtompset That was an interesting bump.
12:13 mtompset I'm glad you find a URL, jcamins.
12:14 clrh jcamins: hello
12:14 mtompset I haven't had a chance to tweak the scripts, because today I had to get some backup scripts revised and working.
12:15 clrh jcamins: I am going to a internal meeting/training see you later
12:15 jcamins clrh: okay. Just wondering if you had an update on bug 7419. It can wait. :)
12:15 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7419 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, ASSIGNED , Add authority deduplication script
12:16 clrh jcamins: ask julian_m for bug 7419 (after training) the script is gone in production so we can now proposed for a comunity version :)
12:17 jcamins Thanks. :)
12:18 drojf good day #koha
12:21 oleonard joined #koha
12:22 dcook_away au revoir, #koha
12:22 dcook_away See you in...11 hours :p
12:23 kf ah, now I missed him
12:23 oleonard Hi #koha
12:24 mtompset Greetings, oleonard.
12:43 drojf1 joined #koha
12:43 tcohen joined #koha
12:51 asaurat joined #koha
12:51 julian_m_ joined #koha
12:52 paul_p__ joined #koha
12:54 reiveune joined #koha
12:55 jcamins julian_m_: clrh instructed me to nudge you for the script for bug 7419. :)
12:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7419 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, ASSIGNED , Add authority deduplication script
12:59 nengard joined #koha
13:07 mtompset So have you downloaded all the source.list files that you can think of, jcamins? ;)
13:08 jcamins mtompset: I have four.
13:08 ago43 joined #koha
13:08 jcamins Squeeze, Wheezy, Lucid, and Precise.
13:08 mtompset Why not Maverick?
13:08 mtompset We have an ubuntu  .packages for it.
13:09 jcamins 'Cause I don't care? :P
13:09 alex_a joined #koha
13:09 mtompset I'm going to see what I can whip up in an hour.
13:10 mtompset I have to get to sleep on time tonight, as I have an appointment in the morning.
13:10 jcamins Good plan. :)
13:11 mtompset Could you save me the effort and just email me the zip file of the four source.list files? ;)
13:11 jcamins Sure.
13:12 mtj mtompset:  if its older that old-stable... we dont care (is the rule)
13:12 mtj ie: its offically unsupported
13:12 mtompset I know, but the file exists.
13:12 mtj deleted it, even
13:12 mtj sorry.. delete it, even?
13:12 mtompset Whose the release manager for 3.6.8?
13:13 jcamins RMaint.
13:13 mtompset and 3.8.4?
13:13 jcamins That's me.
13:13 kf ^^
13:13 jcamins rangi is 3.8.x.
13:13 mtompset I suppose if you two agree, the maverick file can be chucked. :)
13:20 drojf paul_p__: my mail client seems to screw up the patch when sending, please use only my last email with a gzipped patch for german koct translation and ignore the one before, sorry
13:20 mtompset irc logs?
13:20 wahanui irc logs are
13:20 paul_p__ drojf no problem, don't worry
13:26 drojf wow that happens to every line in an attachment that starts with "From". that is annoying. either that is a "feature" of an extension i use or a bug in thunderbird/ iceweasel
13:33 oleonard Proposed revision of the sandboxes interface:
13:33 jcamins Nice!
13:33 jcamins oleonard++
13:36 chris_n oleonard++
13:36 drojf very nice indeed
13:36 drojf oleonard++
13:38 kf oleonard++
13:39 kf very nice!
13:40 oleonard Thanks guys. I've submitted a patch directly to paul_p.
13:43 julian_m_ jcamins, sorry for the late, what do you want to know about 7419?
13:45 jcamins julian_m_: I understand you have a patch that requires signing off. :)
13:45 jcamins Well, and a follow-up adding my deduplication code.
13:45 jcamins :)
13:46 paul_p oleonard++
13:47 oleonard Anyone know how to install rangi's dashboard application for local testing?
13:48 paul_p oleonard = yes I do. I tried (although not finished yet). You have to get the bugzilla database & a config file. Will send you a mail rangi sent to me
13:48 kf mtj did it this morning - but not sure how he did it :(
13:48 oleonard Thanks paul_p
13:48 julian_m_ jcamins, no patch have been sumbitted yet for 7419, i still have to work on it
13:48 paul_p oleonard mail sent
13:49 julian_m_ jcamins, what follow-up are you talking about?
13:49 oleonard tinkering with the dashboard interface would be a nice thing to do when I should be doing other things
13:49 jcamins julian_m_: the one I haven't written yet. :)
13:49 jcamins julian_m_: I started work before I heard that you had a patch for submission.
13:49 kf oleonard: sounds like fun :)
13:49 jcamins So all the code that I wrote should be integrated to work with yours.
13:49 mtompset I am just thinking of parameters again, jcamins.
13:50 mtompset should it be --list-dir or --sources?
13:50 mtompset Do we have to force sanity on the user?
13:50 jcamins mtompset: either one is fine with me.
13:51 mtj oleonard: i'm having a go at a css theme for teh dashboard, too :)
13:51 jcamins I'll only call it from another script.
13:51 kf mtj: why are you not asleep? :)
13:51 oleonard mtj: You were successful in getting it running locally?
13:51 julian_m_ jcamins, ok, i have to leave now, i will try to rebase the patch soon, and maybe we can talk about it once the patch is submitted?
13:51 mtj yes mam, yes sir
13:52 jcamins julian_m_: do you have a sense of when you will be doing that?
13:52 jcamins I hate to duplicate your work, but I also have code.
13:52 * oleonard will not do anything with it if mtj is already working on something
13:52 julian_m_ maybe tomorrow, at last beginning of next week
13:53 mtompset Is this going to turn into the eating philosophers problem?
13:53 mtompset and everyone starves?
13:53 mtj oleonard,  cool, i'll have something sorted in a day or 3...
13:53 jcamins julian_m_: awesome!
13:53 jcamins julian_m++
13:54 julian_m_ jcamins, i have to go, see you!
13:59 wizzyrea has anyone looked at civicrm, I really like how they do their "configuration checklist"
13:59 wizzyrea basically "Set these things up, fool."
14:00 mtompset Are there any linux distribution names that have something other than letters in the name that we care about, jcamins?
14:00 jcamins mtompset: not to my knowledge.
14:00 mtompset I figure I should do SOME sanity checking on the parameters.
14:02 jcamins wizzyrea: I'm not seeing that. Where did you find it?
14:02 jcamins Ah, found it.
14:03 jcamins nengard: sekjal has been working on finding a Meebo alternative for UMass.
14:04 nengard well he might like my list of open source chat options :)
14:04 nengard it's in the comments on that post
14:06 wizzyrea mtj++
14:07 oleonard drojf == Mirko? I did not put that together until now.
14:07 drojf heh. yes
14:08 mtompset You're slower than me. ;)
14:09 mtompset Not enough caffeine, I suppose. :)
14:09 wizzyrea sekjal ought to look at mibew
14:09 jcamins wizzyrea: I think the problem was bridging it to chat networks.
14:10 * oleonard suggests a visit to to all who haven't already
14:11 * drojf thought he already put his name in there
14:11 drojf seems like i did not
14:11 mtompset oleonard++ # for suggesting that.
14:12 mtompset Sometimes it is hard to know what is in the wiki, because you didn't know you were to be looking for it.
14:12 wizzyrea irc regulars?
14:12 wahanui i heard irc regulars was at
14:12 wizzyrea :)
14:12 wizzyrea wahanui knows lots of thigns
14:12 wahanui wizzyrea: i'm not following you...
14:12 drojf lol
14:12 oleonard Looks like libsysguy needs to update his entry
14:12 wizzyrea but is easily confused
14:13 libsysguy heh
14:13 libsysguy true
14:13 oleonard ...and some people should have their "regular" status revoked. *cough*pianohacker*cough*
14:13 * oleonard hopes he's doing well
14:13 * wizzyrea too
14:14 * libsysguy is updated
14:15 wizzyrea hm libsysguy
14:15 wahanui libsysguy is Koha's hottest developer or partying with swedes on his deck
14:15 wizzyrea if you are in there
14:16 libsysguy well
14:16 wizzyrea nuke out (lol) joetho, pianohacker
14:16 libsysguy it was updating
14:16 libsysguy ok going to nuke
14:17 oleonard joetho's not working in a Koha system anymore eh wizzyrea?
14:17 wizzyrea no, sadly
14:17 libsysguy ok they are gone too
14:17 wizzyrea bg turns into bag
14:17 libsysguy now libsysguy is koha's youngest developer again!!
14:18 wizzyrea libsysguy is also koha's youngest developer
14:18 wahanui okay, wizzyrea.
14:18 wizzyrea libsysguy?
14:18 wahanui libsysguy is Koha's hottest developer or partying with swedes on his deck or koha's youngest developer
14:18 libsysguy hehe
14:18 * jcamins is not! o/
14:18 wizzyrea that's a lot of 'ests'
14:18 wizzyrea very good thanks libsysguy
14:18 wizzyrea libsysguy++
14:19 * oleonard hands libsysguy the scissors with the rounded ends
14:19 * wizzyrea giggles
14:19 libsysguy :'(
14:19 oleonard Oh man those sucked so bad didn't they?
14:19 libsysguy oleonard are those to cut out the bad code in Koha
14:19 libsysguy if so, imma need a sharper pair :p
14:19 wizzyrea just remember
14:20 wizzyrea walk with the tips pointed towards the floor.
14:20 libsysguy and don't trip
14:20 wizzyrea don't grab the blades.
14:20 wizzyrea can you tell I recently had this conversation with a little person?
14:20 libsysguy haha little people scare me
14:22 mtompset You once were a little person. :P
14:22 libsysguy I was afraid of myself then too :p
14:22 libsysguy actually I hated being called a little kid
14:23 mtompset jcamins, I decided to tweak the parameters a bit, but I'm not going to get to test them yet.
14:23 jcamins mtompset: take your time.
14:23 mtompset Instead of: [--koha-dir=<path>] [--list-dir=<path> [--dist=<dist> --release=<release>]] [<file> [<full>]]?
14:23 mtompset --file=<file>
14:23 mtompset and --full=[01]
14:24 jcamins Why not just --full to specify full=1 and no --full to specify full=0?
14:24 mtompset that way the parsing of the parameters is a lot easier. :)
14:24 mtompset That's extra code. :P
14:25 jcamins Ah.
14:25 * chris_n upgrades to quantal to get bugfixes which should be in precise >:-(
14:25 mtompset because then I have to check if there wasn't an = and value.
14:26 jcamins Doesn't getopt do it for you?
14:26 mtompset I suppose I could have done it that way. :P
14:26 mtompset But I've never used getopt before.
14:26 * jcamins only uses it in Perl.
14:27 mtompset I was thinking of purposefully writing out a perl script from the bash script just to deal with parameters. ;)
14:27 mtompset but I decided that would be too ugly.
14:27 nengard can someone explain a bit more about the IntranetSlipPrinterJS preference? The description says to 'Define at least function printThenClose(). ' but that function isn't in the box and that seems to imply that you need that in there at the very least
14:28 jcamins mtompset: better to just use Perl in that case?
14:28 mtompset BAH!
14:28 jcamins nengard: no idea, but didn't Kyle write that?
14:28 kf nengard: best to ask mveron - but I think there is also an example on the bug
14:28 kf jcamins: nope, mveron's bug :)
14:29 kf nengard: he did write up a lot about how it works
14:29 jcamins Oh, never mind.
14:30 nengard i'll look at the bug report to see if i can figure it out
14:34 nengard nope, no clue :)
14:34 nengard left a comment on there
14:36 oleonard nengard it looks like there's two basic steps: Install the jsPrintSetup addon, and populate the pref
14:36 oleonard That first comment gives you an example for what to populate the pref with in Step 4
14:36 nengard THANK YOU
14:37 nengard :)
14:37 nengard I was missing the whole install the add on part
14:37 nengard we should update the description on that preference to make it clearer
14:37 oleonard Hmmm... not sure about the "Choose printer using one or more of the following functions" step
14:38 kf nengard: I think you could use other addons too maybe, it allows to add custom javascript
14:39 kf ah never mind
14:39 * kf goes back to rebuilding her dev env and cries a little
14:40 oleonard kf: :(
14:40 kf new computer and my old vm refused migration very stubbornly
14:43 mtompset why would it do that?
14:43 * chris_n hands kf some chocolates
14:43 mtompset what's your VM ware?
14:43 kf virtualbox
14:43 wahanui i heard virtualbox was good for that sort of thing
14:43 kf but it was broken a bit since the day my computer froze while taking a snapshot
14:43 mtompset Oh.
14:44 kf I got it back running... but then I couldn't shut it down and reboot, which made things difficult
14:44 mtompset I've never had a problem transplant my VMs with virtualbox.
14:44 kf long story
14:44 kf starting over is probably best
14:44 mtompset transplantING...
14:44 kf only a bit painful
14:44 * mtompset nods.
14:48 oleonard nengard: Are you trying that now?
14:48 nengard nope ..
14:48 nengard i'm working on the manual right now
14:48 nengard for now i put a placeholder there for the preference
14:56 julian_m joined #koha
15:02 mtompset well, I must go to bed.
15:02 mtompset I think I have the parameter code almost done.
15:02 reiveune bye
15:02 reiveune left #koha
15:02 mtompset Now to integrate it back into the script later.
15:05 alex_a left #koha
15:05 alex_a joined #koha
15:11 jcamins paul_p: rebased bug 3462.
15:11 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3462 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Signed Off , Link see alsos in authorities
15:11 kf wizzyrea: still around?
15:12 paul_p jcamins thx. bug 8204 also just failed QA (but I LOVE it !)
15:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8204 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Signed Off , Authority viewer in OPAC ugly, unfriendly, and mostly useless
15:12 kf wizzyrea: didn't you write a script for updating child to adult? (bug 3410?)
15:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3410 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, REOPENED , Update Child to Adult Patron
15:12 jcamins paul_p: hm. I tested it with UNIMARC, but maybe my authority wasn't valid.
15:12 jcamins Any chance you could attach a UNIMARC authority to that patch?
15:12 jcamins *bug
15:13 NateC joined #koha
15:15 asaurat left #koha
15:15 paul_p jcamins = i've a better suggestion = clone the sandbox repo, sandbox1.sql.gz is a valid UNIMARC database ;-)
15:16 jcamins Oh, right.
15:16 jcamins :)
15:19 kf paul_p++ and jcamins++ - hope to see the new view soon :)
15:19 kf and now leaving - bye all!
15:19 paul_p bye kf
15:19 kf left #koha
15:32 jcamins paul_p: there are no authorities at all in the sandbox.
15:33 paul_p jcamins ??? strange...
15:33 * paul_p investigating
15:33 paul_p jcamins = unimarc is on sandbox2.sql, not sandbox1 !
15:34 jcamins Oh!
15:34 jcamins Thanks.
15:34 jcamins I'll try that, then. :)
15:36 nengard is there a perl module i need to install to be able to use the --help notation?
15:36 paul_p jcamins = about bug 8207: i'm really not sure it's OK. The line "removed" has no frameworkcode, where the line "added" has one. (the rest of the diff being s/tab/space/à
15:36 paul_p )
15:36 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8207 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Signed Off , Modify authority type frameworks to allow see also fields to link to thesauri
15:36 jcamins nengard: maybe perldoc?
15:36 laurence left #koha
15:37 jcamins paul_p: oh, was I looking at something different than what you were looking at?
15:37 * jcamins will check.
15:37 nengard trying that
15:39 paul_p jcamins = for example, line 779- and 781+ have as last parameter '' (authtypecode), where line 780 has 'CORPO_NAME'
15:39 paul_p jcamins = sounds illogical to me to mix authtypes, so I thought it was a mistake
15:39 nengard jcamins how do i install it?
15:39 nengard cpan perldoc didn't work
15:39 jcamins Ohhh.
15:39 nengard what's the module for apt get
15:40 jcamins nengard: use packages, always.
15:40 jcamins perldoc.
15:40 wahanui somebody said perldoc was at for the C4 modules and more
15:40 jcamins paul_p: oh, I see.
15:40 jcamins The last parameter is not for framework but for the thesaurus to use for see also references.
15:40 nengard i'm totally lost
15:41 nengard i see nothing related to perldoc on that page
15:41 jcamins nengard: the package is 'perldoc'
15:41 jcamins apt-get perldoc
15:42 jcamins paul_p: does that answer your question?
15:42 jcamins nengard: wahanui was just making conversation. ;)
15:45 paul_p jcamins yes,
15:46 alex_a left #koha
15:48 paul_p jcamins = not sure I understand "UNIMARC is sensible". Does it mean we should do a patch for it ?
15:49 mtompset joined #koha
15:49 jcamins paul_p: no, I mean that UNIMARC *already* supports thesauri.
15:49 paul_p jcamins ok, thx
15:50 jcamins paul_p: I found the problem with UNIMARC.
15:50 jcamins And fixed it.
15:50 jcamins :)
15:51 paul_p yeah ! will test again immediately ;-)
15:51 jcamins Should I squash it, or attach a follow-up?
15:52 paul_p jcamins a follow-up pls
15:52 paul_p (so it will retain the initial sign-off & i'll add mine on the follow-up
15:52 jcamins Okay, that's what I figured. :)
15:53 jcamins Attached. :)
15:54 mtompset Okay... I obviously don't know when to stop coding.
15:55 jcamins Clearly not.
15:55 mtompset The source.list stuff isnt' done.
15:55 mtompset But the parameters are there mostly.
15:55 mtompset See your email.
15:55 jcamins mtompset: yup, I saw it. :)
15:56 mtompset source.list stuff... tomorrow, and I don't mean 6 minutes from now.
15:56 jcamins lol
15:57 mtompset Shoot... found a bug already... the .fix file is appended.
15:57 mtompset I don't clear it out.
15:57 mtompset well, sleep. really.
15:57 * mtompset waves.
16:10 melia joined #koha
16:19 paul_p time to go back home for me. I'm tired today. Have a nice day/night/whatever & see you tomorrow !
16:20 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 8204: fix UNIMARC display <[…]dee8168bafe8a6002> / Bug 8204: Add user friendly authority view to OPAC <[…]57eed4aa8d64aef93> / Bug 8208 follow-up: move Clear and Create new buttons out of results <[…]oha.git;a=commitd
16:20 jcamins Someone talk me out of peach cobbler for lunch.
16:22 jenkins_koha Starting build #794 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #773 22 days ago)
16:23 SuperSonicSound joined #koha
16:27 jcamins Right, none of those arguments were convincing.
16:27 * jcamins goes to make a cobbler.
16:30 * oleonard would only argue against peach cobbler in order to argue for apple crisp
16:31 jcamins oleonard: apples aren't in season yet.
16:31 jcamins However, good call on the apple crisp.
16:34 martian523 joined #koha
16:35 martian523 hi, is there a way to move the titles in acquisitions to catalog?
16:36 jcamins martian523: you have to attach acquisitions records to a record in your catalog.
16:36 martian523 meaning?
16:37 jcamins martian523: when you create an acquisitions record, you are linking it to a record in your catalog. There's no "moving" involved.
16:37 martian523 but what if those are new titles that are not in the catalog yet?
16:38 martian523 i got these records from the Z39
16:38 martian523 these records got moved to the reservoir,
16:39 martian523 how can i get those records into the catalog?
16:40 jcamins You have to create a record for them. I promise, there will be a record (even if just a short one) by the time you've finished the acquisitions process.
16:40 jcamins You can use the cataloging module.
16:40 * jcamins should mention, though, that the acquisitions module always worked on actual records when he tried using it.
16:40 jcamins (not records in the reservoir)
16:42 martian523 is there an example i can refer to?
16:52 martian523 i'm kinda confused here, sorry
16:54 mbalmer joined #koha
16:54 jcamins manual?
16:54 wahanui somebody said manual was at
16:54 jcamins ^^ look through the acquisitions section.
16:54 jcamins I don't generally use acquisitions.
16:55 martian523 ooh....maybe i get it now
16:55 martian523 i think i need to edit records for each title
16:57 mveron joined #koha
16:57 mveron Hi #koha
16:57 mbalmer goodeveningmrmarcveronhows​lifethefishandeverything?
16:58 mveron Hi mbalmer, everyting OK :-)
17:01 cait joined #koha
17:01 cait hi #koha
17:02 mbalmer grüezi cait
17:02 cait hi mbalmer
17:07 mveron Hi cait :-)
17:07 cait hi mveron
17:07 cait you have been busy :)
17:07 mveron Regarding the slip printer? I shoud set up a wiki page for it
17:07 drojf hi german-speaking feierabendcommunity ;)
17:08 mveron hi drojf
17:08 mbalmer der berliner...
17:08 cait mveron: it would be nice, but in general your documentation is quite good :)
17:08 mveron Thaks, cait :-)
17:08 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
17:08 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, Germany is 30.7°C (6:42 PM CEST on July 26, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 34%. Dew Point: 13.0°C. Pressure: 29.98 in 1015 hPa (Steady).
17:08 cait @wunder Konstanz
17:08 huginn cait: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is 31.0°C (7:00 PM CEST on July 26, 2012). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 19%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 29.92 in 1013 hPa (Falling).
17:09 cait really warm day here today
17:09 mveron @wunder Allschwil
17:09 huginn mveron: The current temperature in APRSWXNET Mulhouse FR, Basel, Switzerland is 33.3°C (6:37 PM CEST on July 26, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 35%. Dew Point: 16.0°C. Pressure: 29.98 in 1015 hPa (Steady).
17:09 oleonard @wunder 45701
17:09 huginn oleonard: The current temperature in OHDOT 31-Athens County Garage, Athens, Ohio is 32.8°C (12:41 PM EDT on July 26, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 54%. Dew Point: 23.0°C. Pressure: 29.77 in 1008 hPa (Steady). Heat advisory in effect until 8 PM EDT this evening...
17:09 mbalmer @wunder gipf-oberfrick
17:09 huginn mbalmer: The current temperature in Erlinsbach, Switzerland is 32.1°C (6:59 PM CEST on July 26, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 36%. Dew Point: 15.0°C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Steady).
17:09 oleonard Hot everywhere
17:09 mbalmer even in erlinsbach...
17:10 cait ah mbalmer beat me
17:10 mbalmer and you have a lake to jump in...
17:10 mveron Back in 30 minutes, dinner time :-)
17:12 cait mbalmer: cold shower ? :)
17:12 mbalmer outdoor sauna....
17:19 * drojf just got his fan from the shelf
17:19 drojf much better
17:23 cait my apartment is nice and cool :)
17:26 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #794: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 3 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/794/
17:26 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 8470: remove depreciated H:T:P test
17:26 jenkins_koha * savitra.sirohi: Bug 7153 - Show Open Library as Search Target in "More Searches" in OPAC detail page
17:26 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 8208: Add fast-add link to auth finder plugin
17:26 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 8208 follow-up: move Clear and Create new buttons out of results
17:26 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 8204: Add user friendly authority view to OPAC
17:26 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 8204: fix UNIMARC display
17:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8470 minor, P5 - low, ---, mtj, Pushed to Master , remove  depreciated  H:T:P test file
17:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7153 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, savitra.sirohi, Pushed to Master , Show Open Library as Search Target in "More Searches" in OPAC detail page
17:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8208 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Add "create authority" button to auth_finder plugin
17:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8204 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Authority viewer in OPAC ugly, unfriendly, and mostly useless
17:37 Elc joined #koha
17:54 Morthland joined #koha
17:54 Morthland I'm having an issue with Amazon AWS
17:57 jcamins Morthland: you should probably contact Amazon.
18:02 martian523 hi, does Koha not support asian languages?
18:06 oleonard martian523:[…]ohaUsers/EastAsia
18:07 cait martian523: do you have a specific problem?
18:11 martian523 i was using the Z39 to search for chinese books and it came back with unreadable characters
18:13 martian523 inputing new records has no problem, but retrieving records from external source has problem
18:13 jcamins martian523: your problem is the encoding you have set up for the Z39.50 server.
18:13 jcamins Change it from MARC-8 to UTF-8.
18:13 wahanui jcamins: that doesn't look right
18:13 wahanui joined #koha
18:15 jcamins (or, less likely, to a different encoding which matches that of the server you are trying to access)
18:15 martian523 hmmm...
18:19 cait hm and maybe try importing and check if it's still unreadable
18:19 cait I had issues with the marc preview and german umlauts lately (again)
19:07 nengard joined #koha
19:20 cait night #koha
19:22 nengard left #koha
19:33 mveron Good night #koha
19:49 mgeist joined #koha
19:52 rangi hi mgeist
19:52 rangi also
19:52 mgeist Hola.
19:52 rangi git show --word-diff=color  <-- for everybody
20:10 kathryn joined #koha
20:14 kathryn morning all
20:35 mgeist Would this be possible as a development:  in a consortium setting, make it so that all holds requests from a specific library and their patrons, are ignored, for a set time period?
20:37 rangi anything is possible :) given resources to do it :)
20:38 rangi but yes, that would be doable, would be a decent chunk of work because it would have to be generic to be useful
20:38 mgeist Thanks, we were trying to find out if it was even feasible to try this with software changes.
20:39 rangi holds are undergoing a decent amount of change at the moment, that should make it easier than it was before
20:39 rangi but it would still need to touch code in quite a lot of places
20:39 mgeist Oh, i will need to read up on the changes.  Is this going to be in v10?
20:40 jcamins mgeist: you might want to think, though, about what exactly your goal is.
20:40 rangi issues, returns, reports, would you need them to be hidden on the biblio record too? or maybe just greyed out
20:40 jcamins You can't do quite what you asked about, but I think once the hold rewrite stuff is done you'll be able to disallow hold requests from patrons at a particular branch (rangi, do I remember correctly that Srdjan was working on this?).
20:40 rangi you'd want to spec it up as fully as you can, and then people will be able to figure out how to do it
20:41 rangi i like using user stories to do this
20:41 mgeist Our goal would be to limit a specific set of libraries, and their patrons, from receiving holds.  ie. If you dont share your new stuff, you cant have new stuff from other branches.
20:41 rangi 1/ librarian a places a hold from branch b
20:41 rangi 2/ something happens
20:41 rangi 3/ ???
20:41 rangi 4/ profit
20:41 mgeist lol
20:41 rangi :)
20:41 rangi and yep srdjan (papa is his irc nick) was working on that
20:41 rangi disallow holds
20:42 jcamins mgeist: it would not be nearly as slick as what you asked about, but it might be a good temporary option.
20:42 jcamins (in 3.10)
20:43 mgeist We hope it woudlnt have to be used for more than a month or two
20:44 rangi ahh the old carrot and stick :)
20:45 rangi mgeist: would not letting them place holds if they are from that branch work?
20:45 rangi its kinda the other way round
20:45 rangi rather than stopping them receiving, they cant even ask to have them
20:45 rangi ?
20:46 rangi if that would work, you might be able to use that
20:46 rangi and
20:46 rangi koha supports holds that dont start until a certain period
20:46 rangi so you could find all their holds in the db
20:46 rangi and do
20:47 rangi update reserves set startdate='2012-10-10' where branchcode='wedontshare';
20:47 rangi so they cant place any new ones, and all the oens in the db now, dont get looked at by koha until after that date
20:48 rangi hackery version 2
20:48 rangi you could cron that
20:48 rangi and juts let them place it, but have a script change the start date
20:48 rangi (im not recommending that approach :))
20:50 mgeist Hrm, that looks like it could work.  I save off your suggestion and recommend that.
20:50 jcamins rangi: ooh, what about some jQuery that automatically sets the startdate to a ways out for users from that library?
20:50 jcamins Users with javascript blockers (or very savvy users) would get around it, but it might be easier to do, politically speaking?
20:50 rangi oh yes that would work
20:51 rangi and the cron could run once a night
20:51 rangi to fix any ones that sneaked past :)
20:51 rangi mgeist: that jquery option, is probably the least work, and will most likely work the best
20:52 mgeist Oh, except, we really only want to limit their holds on items that are 2 months old or less.  Can you restrict it to that, or is it blanket no holds?
20:53 jenkins_koha Starting build #108 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
20:53 rangi hmmm
20:53 rangi no
20:53 rangi its blanket
20:53 mgeist Too bad!
20:53 rangi however you could craft sql that checks that
20:53 rangi eg
20:54 rangi update reserves set startdate='2012-10-10' where branchcode='wedontshare' and itemtype='newbook';
20:54 rangi (that wont actually work, it would be more complicated than that)
20:54 rangi but something like that may be possible
20:54 rangi however we are getting into pretty hacky land
20:54 rangi it depends on how permanent a solution you want this to be
20:55 rangi and if other libraries might ever want it
20:55 mgeist Hopefully mere threats, and some actual "and this is how we would implement it" threats would work.  But we are only looking for ideas now.
20:56 jcamins You could do some fancy jQuery, I suppose.
20:56 jcamins Very fancy.
21:00 mgeist I have what i need now.  Thank you both for your assistance.
21:00 rangi no worries
21:41 eythian joined #koha
21:42 JesseM joined #koha
21:43 rangi hmm 7153 is probbaly safe for 3.8.x because it only affects new installs and just adds openlibrary as a search target for more searches
21:43 rangi bug 7153
21:43 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7153 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, savitra.sirohi, Pushed to Master , Show Open Library as Search Target in "More Searches" in OPAC detail page
21:43 rangi any counter opinions?
21:44 rangi (no updatedatabase, only modifies the syspref.sql file)
21:45 jcamins Fine with me.
21:46 mgeist hometime! bye.
21:51 wizzyrea doesn't bother me
21:51 rangi ill take it
21:51 * rangi pushes
21:57 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #108: SUCCESS in 1 hr 4 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/108/
21:57 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 7943: Authority search results are untranslatable
21:57 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 7943 follow-up: Fix template filename
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7943 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Stable , Untranslatable strings in OPAC's authority search
21:57 rangi ohh a rtfmm
21:57 jenkins_koha Starting build #109 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
21:57 rangi read the f'n marc manual
21:57 rangi doug_dearden++
22:06 hankbank joined #koha
22:47 papa joined #koha
22:59 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #109: SUCCESS in 1 hr 2 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/109/
22:59 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 8470: remove depreciated H:T:P test
22:59 jenkins_koha * savitra.sirohi: Bug 7153 - Show Open Library as Search Target in "More Searches" in OPAC detail page
22:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8470 minor, P5 - low, ---, mtj, Pushed to Master , remove  depreciated  H:T:P test file
22:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7153 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, savitra.sirohi, Pushed to Stable , Show Open Library as Search Target in "More Searches" in OPAC detail page
23:02 rangi jcamins:
23:03 jcamins Yay! I'm winning! :P
23:03 rangi hehe well 9 points is bad
23:03 rangi isnt even
23:03 rangi its 9 more than me :)
23:04 jcamins :)
23:04 jcamins Hmmm...
23:04 jcamins if we're using that, I'll have to push patches one at a time.
23:04 jcamins (presuming I'm elected RM)
23:05 rangi ah yeah i push them in batches, so its not really valid
23:06 rangi tis is silly fun tho :) and requires no effort
23:06 rangi and if you end up in a group that loses -10
23:06 rangi you can gang up on the build breaker *grin*
23:06 * jcamins thinks maybe putting that on the dashboard would be useful.
23:07 rangi *nod*
23:07 rangi i wonder if it has an api, the rest of jenkins does
23:07 rangi its tres cool
23:07 rangi
23:08 rangi nope, not for the game
23:08 rangi i could mechanize it tho
23:08 jcamins 404.
23:08 jcamins Bah.
23:08 chris_n` joined #koha
23:13 dcook joined #koha
23:13 dcook morning, #koha
23:37 Irma joined #koha
23:38 Irma left #koha
23:41 dcook joined #koha
23:52 BobB joined #koha
23:58 * dcook curses IE < 9
23:59 rangi you dont need the < 9 biut
23:59 rangi IE--

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary