IRC log for #koha, 2012-05-03

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 Judit1 joined #koha
00:04 Judit2 joined #koha
00:07 melia left #koha
00:25 Judit joined #koha
00:41 Judit joined #koha
00:53 jan2018500 joined #koha
00:53 jan2018500 Good morning
00:56 Judit morning
00:58 jan2018500 I have problem with my KOHA...every time i try to save my catalog.. I always > committed like this error....Software error: > > Tag "" is not a valid tag. at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 2170
00:59 jan2018500 hello judit:)
00:59 jan2018500 can u help me people about my KOHA problem
01:02 Judit is this something like this:[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8003
01:02 huginn Bug 8003: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Tag "" is not a valid tag. at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 2045
01:21 jan2018500 would u pls help me how can i solved this software error
01:21 jan2018500 Software error: > > Tag "" is not a valid tag. at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 2170
01:30 jan2018500 huginn hi:)
01:30 huginn jan2018500: downloading the Perl source
01:51 jan2018500 I have problem with my KOHA...every time i try to save my catalog.. I always > committed like this error....Software error: > > Tag "" is not a valid tag. at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 2170
02:02 eythian liw: is there a single page version of gtdfh around?
02:07 eythian liw: nm, found the epub version
02:10 chilts gtdfh? what's the fh? (I know the gtd)
02:10 chilts ah, for hackers :)
02:10 chilts found the page -
02:15 * ibeardslee has been starting to apply bits
02:20 * eythian has added it to his epub collection to be read when I get the chance.
02:28 * ibeardslee wuves his nook color
02:36 * eythian has a real android tablet for reading on. Or an ebook reader.
02:36 eythian and a third that is both...
02:37 Judit and do you have time to read?:)
02:57 Judit joined #koha
03:12 chris_n @later tell jcamins added more work on QOTD editor
03:12 huginn chris_n: The operation succeeded.
03:12 chris_n tnx huginn
03:58 Judit joined #koha
04:21 cait joined #koha
04:57 cait good morning #koha
05:08 fredericd morning
05:32 cait hi fredericd :)
06:07 BobB joined #koha
06:07 laurence joined #koha
06:18 laurence joined #koha
06:20 alex_a1 bonjour
06:22 magnuse kia ora #koha!
06:27 cait hi alex_a1 and magnuse :)
06:28 magnuse g`morgen cait
06:29 cait hi magnuse
06:29 cait seeing your mail to the list - what#s the problem?
06:30 cait I think perhaps you could download them and run perl translate update
06:30 magnuse well, the nb-NO files are not updated with the last comits to the help pages i think?
06:30 cait and reupload them
06:30 cait that's what I did
06:30 cait for the german files
06:30 magnuse ah, of course
06:30 cait I think you should have permissions to do so
06:31 magnuse wow, why did i not think of that?
06:31 cait you can download a zip file first - as backup
06:31 magnuse yeah, i can upload and overwrite
06:31 marcelr joined #koha
06:31 marcelr hi koha
06:31 cait hi marcelr :)
06:32 cait magnuse: I have the same problem right now I think
06:32 marcelr hi cait
06:32 cait I want to create files for vietnamese
06:32 cait not sure where to start them from
06:32 cait perhaps master too?
06:32 cait they will get updated to 3.8.1 then soon - but will be less double work
06:32 cait hm.
06:33 cait yeah I think I will do that
06:33 fredericd cait: Yes, you can do that for one language!
06:33 fredericd Base your work on 3.8.x branch, not master
06:34 cait fredericd: trying to update pootle to have vietnamese
06:34 cait fredericd: oh right - I will do that!
06:34 cait another question - do you know the right language code for vietnamese?
06:34 cait I think in pootle it's vi - I see we have some older files for vi-VN in koha
06:34 fredericd Otherwise, for other languages, help file strings inclusion will be done for ALL languages at next string freeze
06:35 fredericd But first class Koha citizens, like magnuse, can do it by themself, and know how to do it...
06:36 magnuse yay!
06:36 cait fredericd: how to find the right language code for koha?
06:36 cait still looking for vietnamese but not sure if vi-VN is right
06:36 magnuse yeah, just need a little reminder every now and then ;-)
06:38 fredericd vi-VN already exists in misc/translator/po: so just use it
06:38 fredericd for a new language, you have to choose a code, and find a equivalence in Pootle languages table
06:38 cait ok
06:38 fredericd language codes beeing different in Koha and Pootle
06:38 cait thx!
06:39 cait yeah, I saw that
06:39 cait so was not sure how to proceed
06:39 fredericd I have such a equivalence in a script which is required to update all language in batch
06:39 fredericd here:;a[…]5df783c7b;hb=HEAD
06:40 cait ah ok
06:40 fredericd So if you add a new language, don't foreget to send me a note with the new equivalence
06:40 cait so we have to addd vietnamese there
06:40 cait ok :)
06:40 cait now I wanted to upload the first file - is there a way to avoid adding all translations as suggestoins?
06:40 cait forget it... was not logged in
06:41 fredericd yes: vi-VN = vi
06:41 reiveune joined #koha
06:42 reiveune hello
06:42 wahanui hola, reiveune
06:42 cait interesting
06:43 cait fredericd: it happened again
06:43 cait the pref file for vietnamese has russian ...
06:43 fredericd haye
06:43 cait http://translate.koha-communit[…]mes=endwhitespace
06:44 fredericd I can see it
06:44 fredericd how was the file you uploaded?
06:44 cait checking
06:45 fredericd It contains already Russian in Git repo
06:45 fredericd so Pootle is not the culprit
06:46 cait I confirm
06:46 cait the 2 strings are already there in my file
06:46 cait I will delete the string from pootle
06:47 cait fredericd: do you want a reminder mail to change the file with the language mapping? :)
06:47 fredericd I've done it, thanks
06:48 cait ok :)
06:48 cait work time - bbl
06:59 julian_m joined #koha
06:59 julian_m hi!
07:01 Guillaume joined #koha
07:05 hdl joined #koha
07:10 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:10 gaetan_B hello :)
07:12 francharb joined #koha
07:12 asaurat joined #koha
07:12 francharb left #koha
07:27 kf joined #koha
07:27 kf hi #koha
07:30 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:34 stuartyeates joined #koha
07:41 asaurat joined #koha
07:54 paul_p joined #koha
07:54 paul_p hello world.
07:54 marcelr hi paul_p
07:54 paul_p today, i'm at a barcamp in Paris about "business model of free software companies"
07:55 paul_p ([…]mp_du_3_mai_2012)
07:56 marcelr that seems to be french ;)
07:58 magnuse paul_p: giving a talk or listening to others?
07:59 * kf waves
08:14 * mtj moos to the herd
08:15 * magnuse moos back
08:16 Oak joined #koha
08:20 ibeardslee joined #koha
08:28 hdl joined #koha
08:35 paul_p magnuse = in a barcamp, everybody is speaking ;-)
08:40 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
08:43 magnuse paul_p: of course. cool!
08:45 Amit_Gupta bug 7970
08:45 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7970 major, P1 - high, ---, amit.gupta, Needs Signoff , Allow OPAC holds per library policy without default rule
09:01 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
09:14 chris_n` joined #koha
09:15 * kf waves again
09:22 * magnuse waves
09:24 mns joined #koha
09:25 Guest398 we are testing koha 3.8 and realised that while using acquisitions even though acq framework is created and creating item selected while receiving the book it does not allow to add any items
09:26 Guest398 below item heading it does not show any thing and if creating item while sending PO it does not allow to add quantity of books
09:26 kf check your system preferences
09:26 kf AcqCreateItem
09:27 kf it controls when items can be added in the acq process
09:27 kf and you also might want to check if your acq framework is set up with correct 952 field
09:29 Guest398 i did that
09:29 Guest398 and in system preferences i have selected add item while receiving the order
09:30 Guest398 but new 3.8 does not give option to add item while receiving the order
09:30 Guest398 i have created acq framework
09:30 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
10:08 Guillaume left #koha
21:00 logbot joined #koha
21:00 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.8.0, 3.6.4 and 3.4.8 Now Available | Koha Community Website - | General IRC meeting, 2 May 2012 at 2:00 UTC+0
21:12 rangi test
21:13 schuster no thanks
21:13 schuster Wizzyrea you hear?
21:13 schuster or here...
21:13 cait rangi: test test
21:13 wizzyrea i am hear, and I hear you
21:13 wizzyrea wait. that came out wrong.
21:13 wizzyrea i am here, and I hear you. there, that's better.
21:13 wizzyrea sup?
21:14 rangi[…]12-05-03#i_962612 looks like its working again
21:14 schuster When do you plan on upgrading to 3.8 or have you?
21:14 wizzyrea ow, rangi, feedback
21:14 wizzyrea j/k
21:14 wizzyrea ;)
21:14 wizzyrea we will probably go to 3.8 in august-ish, 3.8.4 or 3.8.5
21:14 * wizzyrea won't be doing 3.8.0
21:14 cait :)
21:15 bag wizzyrea: should go sooner than that - the suspense of waiting - drives on crazy
21:15 schuster Yeah me either, but we are going live 3.6 early June so will have to watch for release updates.  Doing it over the summer is SOOO much easier.
21:15 bag s/on/one
21:15 wizzyrea no sir
21:15 * wizzyrea is patient
21:16 cait wizzyrea: I understand you :)
21:16 schuster Suspense for new features yes, but pain of bleeding edge can be painful
21:16 bag no need to be - cause 3.8 kicks arse
21:16 rangi schuster: 3.6.5 is out may 23, 3.8.1 may 22
21:16 cait we are very happy 3.6.3 users now
21:16 wizzyrea bag - seriously?
21:16 wizzyrea have you looked at it in chrome?
21:16 schuster Oh great thanks rangi that might be a great opportunity.
21:16 rangi speaking as RMaint, i wouldnt go to 3.8 until 3.8.1 at least .. maybe 3.8.2
21:16 bag wizzyrea: just having my fun
21:17 wizzyrea ;)
21:17 * wizzyrea still doesn't recommend 3.8.0
21:22 schuster I learned a long time ago never to take the first iteration of a release unless you have a support company that will have programmers ready at 7 am to fix what ever is broken...  of course that was with a proprietary company...
21:23 wizzyrea rangi have there been many patches for 3.8.1?
21:23 wizzyrea well koha is a lot better in that regard, but still don't take a .0 release.
21:23 schuster I'm not saying anything bad about open source we love this software!!!  Just a fact of life with upgrades...  Someone though has to take the plunge first to find the problems.
21:23 schuster Then the rest of us owe them a drink!
21:24 cait I think once a .0 is out you can start serious testing
21:24 cait and try finding the bad bugs
21:25 cait you will always miss something bevore it stops moving fast
21:25 rangi wizzyrea: im waiting on paul to push them
21:25 rangi then i can cherry-pick
21:25 rangi so far, just the one since release
21:26 rangi[…]=refs/heads/3.8.x
21:27 wizzyrea *nod*
21:29 schuster Wow pretty stable...  I'm interested in wizzyrea's branch notice per branch...  Could solve a lot of my problems or close to them with overdues.
21:29 wizzyrea new, paul's been on vacation
21:29 rangi s/stable/static/
21:29 wizzyrea naw*
21:29 schuster Thanks all for everything you do for libraries...  Have a great evening!
21:38 jcamins rangi: 3.6.5 will *hopefully* be out May 23.
21:38 rangi :)
21:40 edveal left #koha
21:42 jcamins I'm thinking of writing web-based release management tools.
21:42 wizzyrea define that
21:44 jcamins wizzyrea: rather than using a command line, I think I might use a web browser to access them.
21:44 wizzyrea interesting
21:44 jcamins I am faced with the problem that the tools I have don't really lend themselves to a testing branch... at all.
21:46 jcamins Because as they work right now, I have to go through the cherrypick process twice.
21:47 maximep left #koha
21:47 jcamins And I need more information in order to differentiate between "definitely stable," "probably stable," "definitely not stable even though I thought it was," and "irrelevant."
21:48 libsysguy left #koha
21:49 jcamins What I really want is a tool that gives me a view of Master, and suggests "here are the things that bugzilla says are bugfixes," and I can then choose whether I agree, disagree, etc.
21:50 jcamins If I knew anything about ncurses, that'd be the most logical thing to work with, but I don't, and don't care to.
21:50 jcamins So, time for my swiss army chainsaw, T::T.
21:52 jcamins :)
22:05 melia left #koha
22:06 melia joined #koha
22:09 jcamins If I didn't have a cat on my lap, I'd go start baking cinnamon bread.
22:10 jcamins But I do have a cat on my lap, so I will modify chris_n's release tools to use T::T.
22:13 jcamins @quote search typo
22:13 huginn jcamins: 2 found: #135: "rangi: $tempate->{VARS}->{'LoginBranchname'} -..." and #82: "<pianohack> nengard: If you were using a..."
22:14 cait jcamins: myshkin? :)
22:15 jcamins cait: yup.
22:15 cait :)
22:40 logbot joined #koha
22:40 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.8.0, 3.6.4 and 3.4.8 Now Available | Koha Community Website - | General IRC meeting, 2 May 2012 at 2:00 UTC+0
22:48 logbot joined #koha
22:48 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.8.0, 3.6.4 and 3.4.8 Now Available | Koha Community Website - | General IRC meeting, 2 May 2012 at 2:00 UTC+0
23:21 NateC joined #koha
23:30 chris_n eythian: lol
23:33 papa joined #koha
23:42 edveal joined #koha
23:42 edveal left #koha
23:45 chris_n does anyone else find that vim occasionally looses its way wtih syntax highlighting when scrolling down a file?
23:45 jcamins chris_n: yup.
23:49 jcamins Is there any way to get a list of the files touched by a given commit, easily?
23:49 jcamins Figured it out.
23:57 * jcamins decides the capitalization fixes are not going into 3.6.x.

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary