IRC log for #koha, 2012-02-10

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 jcamins Then rerun the rebuild_zebra,pl, this time adding -k to the command line.
00:00 lculber what does -k do?
00:01 jcamins It keeps the exported records so that it'll be faster next time. :)
00:01 lculber okay
00:01 lculber still to to rebuild.log ?
00:01 jcamins Yup.
00:02 jcamins And some point we'll actually get useful logs, which should be rather massive.
00:07 YoungPublicLibrarian So as a newcomer to the system, are there any hang-ups I should know about?
00:07 jcamins YoungPublicLibrarian: well, it's not going to be identical to Voyager.
00:08 jcamins But you probably know that already. :)
00:08 jcamins Other than that, the parts of the system that require some adjustments on the part of the staff vary greatly between different institutions and different people.
00:11 YoungPublicLibrarian Yeah, the test demo is very different, but not hard to use at all.
00:17 YoungPublicLibrarian jcamins: are you a librarian that uses Koha?
00:17 jcamins YoungPublicLibrarian: I am, but I'm also a service provider.
00:17 jcamins My company, C & P Bibliography Services, offers cataloging to private collectors and special libraries, as well as limited Koha hosting.
00:18 jcamins (that is, we offer Koha hosting to special libraries and private collectors)
00:18 lculber plus he provides help to librarians in distress
00:19 jcamins lculber: yeah, that too.
00:19 jcamins And the resident authority record fanatic.
00:19 YoungPublicLibrarian lol well thats good! We're all very nervous about the new system...everything is so different...
00:20 lculber yeah we really like that part about the authority fanatic
00:20 jcamins (I'm not a martinet though, really!;)
00:21 jcamins YoungPublicLibrarian: it'll be a huge adjustment, but in six months, you'll have trouble believing that you ever used anything but Koha.
00:21 jcamins YoungPublicLibrarian: are you working with a vendor?
00:21 lculber n:  have you played with the demo much?  Thats what we did.  We also set up a small test server before deciding to move
00:23 lculber YoungPublicLibrarian I mean.  We set up a test server in house - very small test
00:24 YoungPublicLibrarian I'm not sure if we're working with a vendor, I have made sure I can complete any task I do now with Voyager in the Demo/test server just to be sure I can manage.
00:24 lculber It was on a PC actually.  It was a bit slow but it worked
00:24 jcamins YoungPublicLibrarian: do you have any sort of training?
00:24 jcamins I mean, on the new Koha system.
00:26 jcamins Most vendors will provide a couple of days of training on the system.
00:26 YoungPublicLibrarian We will be having training the first part of March and going to the new system the beginning of April. And the vendor might be Bywater Solutions...?
00:26 jcamins Ah, yes.
00:26 * jcamins used to work for ByWater.
00:26 * jcamins has to go pick up his wife from the bus stop.
00:27 YoungPublicLibrarian Have a good day and THANKS!
00:27 jcamins lculber: I'll be back a bit later to offer what help I can.
00:27 lculber jcamins: Thanks!
00:28 luisb joined #koha
00:28 luisb_ joined #koha
00:29 luisb_ left #koha
00:29 YoungPublicLibrarian left #koha
00:31 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
00:36 luisb left #koha
00:52 lculber left #koha
00:53 * eythian uploads new dev packages
01:03 jcamins_away eythian++
01:13 * jcamins_away goes to eat dinner.
01:13 jcamins_away Back a bit later.
01:18 edveal-dinner is now known as edveal
01:40 lculber joined #koha
01:40 * jcamins_away waves to lculber.
01:40 melia left #koha
01:41 lculber left #koha
01:42 lculber joined #koha
01:42 lculber hello Koha
01:42 jcamins_away Hello.
01:42 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
01:43 lculber jcamins:  I just saw you email about running rebuild manually, but we went off on a tangent
01:43 jcamins Oh?
01:45 lculber We tried running the instructions to recover from a corrupted index as koha and got a segmentation fault. As root it worked.
01:45 jcamins Really?
01:45 jcamins Hm.
01:45 jcamins That indicates permissions.
01:46 lculber Exactly.  But we couldn't find out where.  So we decided to try to run rebuild as root and it ran
01:46 lculber So it is permissions.  But we do know where we have them set wrong.
01:46 lculber do/don't
01:46 wahanui do/don't is not easy to translate into norwegian...
01:47 jcamins Heh.
01:47 jcamins wahanui: forget do/don't
01:47 wahanui jcamins: I forgot do/don't
01:47 lculber We manually changed the permissions in zebra after running rebuild but we maybe it is somewhere in the config file maybe?  We don't know
01:48 jcamins lculber: could you copy the results of ls -lR /var/lib/catalog to
01:55 pastebot "lculber" at pasted "ls -lR /var/lib/catalog" (115 lines) at
01:55 Space_Librarian my goodness, that analytics stuff looks awesome. It just appears to wipe the MARC record clean once you click on create analytics (for us anyway).
01:56 jcamins Space_Librarian: what do you mean?
01:57 jcamins lculber: hm.
01:57 jcamins This is very odd.
01:58 lculber jcamins: Now that is after we changed it.  They were all root after we ran it. We manually change it to koha.
01:59 lculber But now that it is changed, I just checked the catalog and it is allowing me to modify the catalog and the searches are working.
01:59 Space_Librarian jcamins: just what I said. do the new > analytics > create analytics > pops to the MARC screen with 753 populated.... and nothing else. All other aspects of the record will be blank.
01:59 jcamins Space_Librarian: ah, yes.
02:00 Space_Librarian So will try book some time with rangi when he is finally back and in one place for more than 5 minutes to get it sorted...
02:00 jcamins lculber: but it's odd that if you do a rebuild_zebra -r it won't work.
02:01 lculber exactly.  But it has to be permissions, don't you think?
02:01 jcamins Yes.
02:01 lculber And it is only on the catalog instance.
02:03 lculber Well, we've identified the problem - sort of - just not pinpointed it. So that is progress. Thanks for your help.  We're going home to eat and sleep. It's been a long day.
02:05 lculber Good night, Koha
02:05 jcamins Good night.
02:05 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
02:05 lculber left #koha
03:13 ago43_away is now known as ago43
03:26 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
03:26 Amit_Gupta heya bag
03:26 Amit_Gupta bag around?
03:47 bag heya Amit_Gupta
03:55 Space_Librarian left #koha
04:15 stuartyeates joined #koha
04:16 edveal left #koha
04:42 ago43 left #koha
05:06 cait joined #koha
05:07 cait good morning #koha
05:14 Amit_Gupta heya cait gm
05:16 cait morning Amit_Gupta
06:10 cait existing_permissions_that_are_not_used_anywhere--
06:12 Oak joined #koha
06:13 Oak what's wrong with an egg cait ?
06:13 Oak kia ora #koha
06:13 Oak Guten Morgen cait
06:14 cait hi Oak
06:14 cait :)
06:14 cait only not eating so many eggs
06:14 cait how were your exams?
06:15 Oak date got pushed to 20th February...
06:19 cait oh :(
06:19 Amit_Gupta left #koha
06:21 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
06:51 mbalmer joined #koha
06:51 cait morning mbalmer
06:52 mbalmer left #koha
06:52 mbalmer joined #koha
07:11 Suzzane joined #koha
07:11 Suzzane Good morning
07:12 Suzzane Chris, i need help
07:14 alex_a joined #koha
07:15 Suzzane alex, Hi.
07:15 Suzzane i need to ask a question
07:15 alex_a morning #koha
07:15 alex_a Suzzane: me ?
07:15 Suzzane yes, you alex
07:16 alex_a you mean alex_a ? ;)
07:16 Suzzane i dont know what i touched while trying to configure the system
07:16 Suzzane yes alex_a
07:16 Suzzane the font has just changed
07:16 Suzzane please guide me
07:17 alex_a Suzzane: the font of the system ?
07:17 Suzzane yes
07:18 Suzzane the font for the system
07:18 alex_a which system ?
07:18 Suzzane koha 3.6
07:18 alex_a ah koha
07:19 Suzzane it has changed even the font of the OPAC
07:20 Suzzane please tell
07:21 alex_a Suzzane: i don't know. may be you have disabled a stylesheet on koha ?
07:22 Suzzane ok
07:22 Suzzane lets try that
07:27 Amit_Gupta left #koha
07:29 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
07:35 alex_a left #koha
07:36 alex_a joined #koha
07:38 cait left #koha
07:43 Oak left #koha
07:46 reiveune joined #koha
07:46 sophie_m joined #koha
07:46 reiveune hello
07:46 sophie_m left #koha
07:47 julian_m joined #koha
07:47 julian_m hi!
07:48 sophie_m joined #koha
07:48 sophie_m hello #koha
07:49 hdl joined #koha
07:51 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
07:51 magnuse kia ora #koha!
07:52 * magnuse turns off the bugzilla-to-twitter hose
07:54 Amit_Gupta left #koha
07:55 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
08:00 druthb joined #koha
08:00 druthb \o
08:00 magnuse o/
08:00 magnuse wow, druthb here, now?
08:01 magnuse early or late?
08:01 druthb late-and-then-some.  can't sleep.
08:01 magnuse ah
08:01 magnuse no migration going on?
08:02 druthb I have one scheduled for this weekend, but there have been some quirky data issues--it may or may not happen, at this point.
08:06 magnuse lots of working on the weekends for you, eh?
08:06 druthb yup, quite a lot.
08:07 magnuse hope you can compensate by taking other days off?
08:07 druthb not very often, no.
08:07 magnuse :-(
08:08 druthb I do have two weeks off planned starting March 10.  :)
08:10 asaurat joined #koha
08:10 asaurat hi
08:10 Suzzane druthb
08:11 Suzzane hi
08:11 wahanui que tal, Suzzane
08:11 magnuse druthb: yay :-)
08:11 Suzzane am in a fix
08:11 druthb hi, Suzzana.  :)
08:11 magnuse hiya asaurat and Suzzane
08:12 Suzzane i dont know what i changed when i was configuring the koha 3.6
08:12 Suzzane the font has changed
08:12 Suzzane what to do?
08:13 Suzzane dtuthb please assist
08:14 druthb Not sure what I *can* do to assist, Suzzane.  The only general things I can suggest is, if you have custom templates, turn that off...and you might also check for problems in opacusercss and intranetusercss system preferences.  Other than that, without *seeing something*, there's really not much I can do.
08:14 kf joined #koha
08:14 kf hi #koha
08:14 * druthb waves to kf.
08:14 magnuse guten morgen kf
08:14 kf go to bed druthb! :)
08:15 kf hi magnuse :)
08:15 druthb nope nope nope.
08:16 Amit_Gupta left #koha
08:16 Suzzane thanks druthb
08:16 laurence joined #koha
08:16 Suzzane Hi kf
08:17 kf druthb: yes yes yes
08:17 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
08:17 druthb Wish I could do more for you, Suzzane, but I'm not psychic, particularly at this hour of the clock.
08:17 druthb kf:  :P :P
08:23 matts joined #koha
08:24 Suzzane hahaha what time is it there?
08:24 druthb 02:23.
08:24 druthb @wunder 66049
08:24 Suzzane ops
08:24 huginn` druthb: The current temperature in Lawrence Live-Courtesy of the Khoury's, Lawrence, Kansas is 3.4�C (2:23 AM CST on February 10, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 87%. Dew Point: 1.0�C. Windchill: 3.0�C. Pressure: 30.05 in 1017.5 hPa (Rising).
08:24 Suzzane sorry, its 11.30am here
08:25 magnuse @wunder boo
08:25 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 6.0�C (8:50 AM CET on February 10, 2012). Conditions: Light Rain Showers. Humidity: 81%. Dew Point: 3.0�C. Windchill: 1.0�C. Pressure: 30.27 in 1025 hPa (Steady).
08:25 magnuse yay!
08:25 magnuse @wunder marseille
08:25 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is -3.0�C (9:00 AM CET on February 10, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 55%. Dew Point: -11.0�C. Windchill: -10.0�C. Pressure: 30.09 in 1019 hPa (Rising).
08:25 magnuse wow
08:25 druthb zomg.  It's warmer in NORWAY that it is in Kansas.  Oy.
08:26 magnuse @wunder kautokeino
08:26 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Kautokeino, Norway is -15.0�C (7:00 AM CET on February 10, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 73%. Dew Point: -18.0�C. Pressure: 30.22 in 1023 hPa (Falling).
08:26 druthb very peculiar winter we've had this year.
08:26 druthb hm.
08:26 druthb @wunder mcmurdo
08:26 huginn` druthb: The current temperature in McMurdo, Antarctica is -5.0�C (7:00 PM NZDT on February 10, 2012). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 20%. Dew Point: -19.0�C. Pressure: 29.27 in 991 hPa (Falling).
08:26 Suzzane we have nice weather in Kenya
08:26 druthb @wunder longyearbyen
08:26 huginn` druthb: Error: No such location could be found.
08:26 asaurat1 joined #koha
08:27 druthb tsk.
08:27 kf @wunder Konstanz
08:27 huginn` kf: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is -7.6�C (9:24 AM CET on February 10, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: -10.0�C. Windchill: -11.0�C. Pressure: 30.53 in 1033.7 hPa (Steady).
08:27 asaurat1 @wunder Hof
08:27 druthb @wunder Iqaluit
08:27 huginn` asaurat1: The current temperature in Leupoldsgruen 624m, Germany is -13.5�C (9:19 AM CET on February 10, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: -16.0�C. Windchill: -21.0�C. Pressure: 30.69 in 1039.2 hPa (Steady).
08:27 huginn` druthb: The current temperature in Iqaluit, Nunavut is -30.0�C (3:00 AM EST on February 10, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 76%. Dew Point: -33.0�C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Rising).
08:27 druthb now we're talkin' cold.
08:28 magnuse yeah
08:28 magnuse there were places in norway that had almost -40 about a week ago
08:30 druthb hee maps shows Iqaluit harbor iced solid...and about a 2 km outside the harbor, it's a summer shot...clear.  dead-straight line across...Ice, and not-ice...
08:31 asaurat left #koha
08:32 magnuse heh
08:32 druthb also shows an aircraft off in the snow at the side of the runway, about halfway down.  Wonder what happened.
08:33 francharb joined #koha
08:34 Guillaume joined #koha
08:35 druthb hi, francharb! :)
08:36 kf francharb: can you tell druthb to go to bed?
08:37 druthb he can try.
08:37 druthb he's taller, but I'm bigger (and meaner.)
08:39 hdl druthb: GO2BED
08:40 druthb lulz.
08:40 hdl it is the old story of the hospital and charity...
08:40 hdl :D
08:40 hdl druthb: GO2BED
08:40 druthb hdl:  :P
08:40 hdl druthb: you are in a quiet place.
08:40 hdl druthb:  and everything is quiet and green.
08:41 druthb no, I'm not.  My daughter is snoring like a chainsaw in the next room.
08:41 hdl druthb:  well, in a fancy forest... and there are fairies.
08:41 kf hdl: thx for the hint about the serials permission yesterday :) I sent a patch
08:41 hdl And they have soem sands...
08:41 kf hdl++
08:41 * druthb perks.
08:41 druthb Pixies?
08:41 hdl druthb: and....
08:41 hdl Zzzzzzz
08:42 hdl Zzzz
08:42 druthb :P
08:42 * hdl leave you alone.
08:42 hdl Courage...
08:42 hdl handing coffee and cookies.
08:42 druthb If I can get this one script fixed up, to do *one* more thing coherently, then I'll go to bed, try to get a couple more hours sleep.
08:43 hdl which script ?
08:43 kf hdl: she just will not listen
08:43 druthb It's a squirrelly little custom script for a really strange migration that we have for this weekend.
08:44 hdl kf you can't imagine how much I am with druthb
08:44 hdl ah... custom_script--
08:45 kf on the script or being tired?
08:45 Suzzane left #koha
08:45 druthb yeah, my generic tools just can't hack the messy ugly data this one has given us.
08:45 hdl all biblibre in Marseille today.
08:45 druthb filthy stuff.
08:45 hdl \o/
08:45 hdl \o/
08:45 hdl \o/
08:45 matts left #koha
08:46 * kf waves at biblibre
08:47 druthb \o/
08:49 kf bug 7294 is interesting
08:49 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7294 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, claire.hernandez, NEW , status "in order"
08:51 kf hmm offline circulation plugin - is this the right page to install from?[…]refox/addon/koct/
08:53 magnuse kf: yeah, think so
08:53 kf k, thx :)
08:54 stuartyeates left #koha
08:55 matts joined #koha
08:56 hdl yep.
08:57 hdl But this is the BibLibre offline circ.
08:57 druthb Sure do wish I could wheedle the boss into sending me to Marseille for my vacation-ish time.
08:57 magnuse hm, i tried installing it, but i can't see it anywhere?
08:57 magnuse excellent idea, druthb!
08:57 magnuse i wish i could be there too
08:59 druthb Can't imagine he'd do that, tho.
09:00 magnuse worth a try?
09:01 druthb not my bailiwick; we have devs who would be higher-priority.    Now, if I was planning on a run for one of the community jobs, maybe.
09:01 druthb (but I'm not.)
09:01 druthb (yet)
09:08 Amit_Gupta left #koha
09:09 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
09:10 kf magnuse: right bottom corner of your browser, little icon :)
09:10 * kf is on a documentation quest for the bsz wiki
09:11 alex_a left #koha
09:11 alex_a joined #koha
09:13 kf hdl: something wrong with the biblibre offline circ? :)
09:13 mveron joined #koha
09:14 kf hdl: I am aware there is another implementation from kyle hall, but I like the idea of having a plugin instead of a separate program
09:17 druthb wahoo!  Got my script working.  I'm gonna head to bed for a bit.
09:17 Amit_Gupta heya kf
09:17 kf sleep well druthb
09:17 kf hi again Amit_Gupta
09:17 druthb left #koha
09:17 drojf1 good day #koha
09:19 mveron Hi everybody, I work together in the group with mbalmer. Have a question about bug 6709 / Translating XML files for marc21 fields.
09:19 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6709 normal, P5 - low, ---, frederic, NEW , marc21_field_006.xml and marc21_field_008.xml can't be translated.
09:21 magnuse kf: nope, when i check it says it's incompatible with ff 10...
09:22 mveron Question: I want to have a German translation. Should I translate the German XMLfiles  manually? Are the strings already translated?
09:24 magnuse mveron: german should be 100% translated, all you need to do is install it
09:25 * drojf1 pokes kf, the ruler of german koha
09:25 kf lol
09:25 kf what do you want? :)
09:26 * kf reads back
09:26 drojf1 hi kf ;) mveron had a question
09:26 kf mveron: at the moment you can not translate them with koha tools
09:27 kf mveron: what you can do is translate them and copy them into your template directory, but you will have to do it over and over... for each time you regenerate the german templates
09:27 kf so a better option would be to fix the translation script, so that those xml plugins get their own po file
09:27 magnuse xml plugins?
09:27 kf yeah
09:28 kf not really xml plugins, plugins using xml files for strings
09:28 kf 006 and 008
09:28 kf in my eyes it was oversight - they shoudl not have gone in breaking translation
09:28 magnuse ah, the value builders?
09:28 kf but nobody thought about it until it was too late
09:28 kf and hi mveron - we have met :) I am Katrin Fischer ;)
09:29 kf magnuse: using firefox 9.0.1 - it works there
09:29 kf magnuse: perhaps file a bug report?
09:30 magnuse yeah, i think the admins for the plugin just have to go in and say "yes it works for ff 10" (if it does)
09:30 kf hmm
09:30 kf I can't save
09:30 magnuse clrh around?
09:32 kf ah now it worked
09:33 kf hmm
09:33 mveron Thanks maguse and kf. Yes kf, we met, you did a great demo of Koha a couple of years ago for an ILS evaluation project.
09:33 kf would be nice if it kept the cardnumber
09:33 kf mveron: a lot of things changed and improved since then - it's always amazing to see how fast Koha improves
09:34 Guillaume1 joined #koha
09:35 mveron kf: Yes, I am amazed as well. You did some more Koha installations in Gemrany since then. Would like to spread Koha a little bit more in Switzerland as well.
09:35 magnuse mveron++
09:36 Guillaume left #koha
09:37 kf mveron: yes we grew a little bit :) and more libraries moving to Koha this year
09:39 mveron kf: For the XML files: We will do some demos with German speaking librarians in a couple of weeks. So I will have to go te hard way for now and translate the XMLs.
09:39 kf mveron: perhaps you can add a comment on the bug?
09:40 kf little push... brings back attention perhaps
09:44 Amit_Gupta left #koha
09:45 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
09:45 mveron kf: Ok, will do.
09:47 kf hm
09:56 mbalmer hi mveron ;)
09:57 kf drojf1: sounds ok to me :)
09:57 kf hi mbalmer
09:57 mbalmer ;)
09:58 mveron mbalmer: hi mbalmer :-)
10:01 kf hdl, clrh: I am testing and documenting the koct plugin - I have problems uploading the results - any hints? when I click on commit nothing happens
10:03 Amit_Gupta left #koha
10:05 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
10:17 paul_p joined #koha
10:17 paul_p hello #koha
10:18 magnuse bonjour paul_p
10:25 kf hi paul_p
10:25 kf perhaps you know: I am trying to test the koct plugin
10:25 kf should it work with 3.6.3?
10:25 kf I fail uploading my transactions to koha
10:25 kf and there seems no option to get the a .koc file from it
10:26 paul_p kf, hi
10:26 paul_p the koct plugin should work with master. I haven't tested against 3.6.3
10:26 paul_p do you have the needed tables ?
10:26 paul_p (pending_offline_operations)
10:28 kf no
10:28 kf because they are not ithere
10:28 kf not sure if they are in master
10:30 kf paul_p: seems the table are stuck in bug 5877 :(
10:30 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5877 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Needs Signoff , Offline circulation improvements : upload all files, apply at once
10:30 kf paul_p: but it should work once I have added the table?
10:30 paul_p kf yep
10:30 mveron kf: Regarding the XMLs: I'm not a librarian... Would this be a valid source for the translation?:
10:31 kf mveron: yep, perfect source, it's what I used for all marc related translations :)
10:31 kf mveron: so should be consistent and it is the official german translation
10:31 mveron kf: So let's copy-paste...
10:31 paul_p kf what do you mean by "stuck" ? the updatedatabase & kohastructure.sql contains them ([…]ment.cgi?id=6540)
10:31 kf mveron: be happy the frameworks are already translated... that was no fun
10:32 paul_p it's numbered wrongly though:
10:32 paul_p +$DBversion = "3.05.00.XXX";
10:32 kf paul_p: the bug is not pushed yet :)
10:32 paul_p but the XXX is here, so it's OK
10:32 kf paul_p: so I don't have it in 3.6.3
10:32 paul_p kf of course the KOCT is not here !
10:32 mbalmer just received a wonderful book:  "decodeunicode - Die Schriftzeichen der Welt".  Contains pictures of all(?) unicode characters
10:32 * drojf1 is happy the frameworks are already translated too ;)
10:32 paul_p OK, I misunderstood what you wanted to do.
10:32 drojf1 kf++
10:33 kf paul_p: wanted to document with our current version - so it will not work? I htought bug 5877 was only an improvement of the existing feature
10:33 paul_p kf you'll get a bunch of ++ if you could test & signoff on master, as marcel request another signoff, external of BibLibre
10:33 kf paul_p: let me figure out how it works for a simpler use case first
10:33 paul_p kf yep, but a large one, will be only in 3.8
10:33 Amit_Gupta left #koha
10:33 kf paul_p: so the question remains - any chance that it will work in 36.3 after adding the table
10:33 kf ?
10:34 paul_p kf nope, you'll need the patch
10:34 kf *sigh*
10:34 kf ok
10:34 kf perhaps we should not offer a plugin
10:34 paul_p (but the patch could work on a 3.6.x)
10:34 kf that can never work
10:34 kf without a note
10:34 paul_p kf where is the plugin announced ?
10:34 kf that it is still experimental
10:34 kf[…]on_firefox_plugin
10:35 kf
10:35 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
10:36 paul_p kf wiki page updated ;-)
10:36 kf ok
10:36 paul_p kf but, really, you're more than encouraged to test/sign-off this tool !
10:36 kf and the bug said improvement... so I assumed it would work somehow without
10:36 paul_p (you may get some french croissants next months for this :D :D)
10:37 kf trying to bribe me with food again?
10:37 kf ts. try chocolate ;)
10:37 magnuse uploading .koc files used to work?
10:37 paul_p me ? nooooooo ...
10:37 kf magnuse: yep, but the plugin does not generate a koc file
10:37 kf magnuse: you don't get it out of it
10:37 magnuse oh!
10:37 kf I have perfectly recorded transactions... and I can do nothign with them now :(
10:38 magnuse btw paul_p: i tried installing the plugin on ff 10, and got an error that it was not compatible
10:38 paul_p magnuse ??? really ? I've it on my FF 10.0 from ubuntu
10:39 magnuse huh, looks like it might work now
10:39 magnuse ah, works now
10:40 magnuse i installed it, didn't see anything, looked in Tools > Extensions and it said "not compatible"
10:40 magnuse now when i checked Tools > Extensions again i just had to activate it...
10:40 paul_p strange...
10:40 wahanui i think strange is that, in opac, it remains the same... callnumber is normal... this problem appears only in staff interface
10:40 magnuse wahanui: forget strange
10:40 wahanui magnuse: I forgot strange
10:43 gaetan_B joined #koha
10:43 kf paul_p: would it be possible to add an option to the firefox plugin for downloading .koc files?
10:43 kf paul_p: this way older versions could use the plugin too - because the upload of files works
10:43 paul_p kf I don't know..
10:43 kf I canf ile an enh bug ;)
10:44 paul_p I don't think so because the KOCT contains a timestamp for each transaction that koc don't have
10:44 paul_p you could drop a mail to clrh to ask her
10:44 kf I think the timestamp is in the format too
10:44 kf I have once generated koc files
10:44 kf trying to use it for a migration
10:45 Culiforge joined #koha
10:45 kf[…]ation_file_format
11:00 Amit_Gupta left #koha
11:01 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
11:15 asaurat1 left #koha
11:19 asaurat joined #koha
11:44 Culiforge is now known as cul_away
11:51 asaurat left #koha
11:51 asaurat joined #koha
11:52 mveron left #koha
12:14 jwagner joined #koha
12:18 kf magnuse: around?
12:37 mveron joined #koha
12:40 Amit_Gupta left #koha
12:43 magnuse kf: a bit :-)
12:46 magnuse nah, gone now
12:46 magnuse is now known as magnus_afk
12:53 mveron kf: In the XML I have the entry: url="[…]untries_code.html" urltext="MARC Code List for Countries"
12:54 mveron kf: Is there a German resource or should I leave it as is?
13:07 matts left #koha
13:12 kf mveron: I think I would leave it - not aware of a german list, but there might be
13:14 mveron kf: OK, thanks. I leave the linkas is and translate the urltxt to: Liste der MARC-Ländercodes
13:16 kf sounds right to me :)
13:16 oleonard joined #koha
13:18 sophie_m left #koha
13:19 oleonard Hi #koha
13:20 * oleonard assumes all bugs are now squashed?
13:22 kf alll bugs are dead
13:22 kf you can have a nice weekend .)
13:27 juan_sieira left #koha
13:29 mveron kf: What could be "Direct electronic" in German? - It is not in marc_bd.pdf (pos 23 23 - Art der Vorlage, q)
13:31 kf oh
13:31 kf not sure
13:32 sophie_m joined #koha
13:33 kf oleonard: getting up at 3 am when the next day is a work day is not a lot of fun :(
13:33 oleonard yeah, I know
13:34 * oleonard has missed plenty of meetings that way
13:35 JesseM joined #koha
13:36 kf I like the idea of leaving an apology with a preference - I don't think it will get a big problem
13:36 kf not that many people voting on dev topics
13:38 jcamins_away What's the use of bug 7520?
13:38 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7520 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, srdjan, Failed QA , json script to return advanced search types
13:39 * chris_n wonders in
13:39 chris_n wanders even :)
13:39 chris_n too little coffee
13:40 oleonard Maybe for building AJAX-y things jcamins_away?
13:40 jcamins_away oleonard: any idea what AJAX-y things?
13:40 oleonard Autocomplete is the one that comes to mind first, but I'm not sure where we need that
13:42 jcamins_away Yeah, that was my first thought, but the comment on the bug says it's for types of advanced searches rather than for itemtypes.
13:42 kmkale joined #koha
13:42 kmkale Namaste #koha
13:42 jcamins_away And I can't see how one would use autocomplete with types of advanced searches.
13:42 kmkale Anyone knows which marc tag should hold the date on shich a record was last edited?
13:42 kmkale *which
13:43 jcamins_away kmkale: 005.
13:43 kmkale but loc site says the 005 should be system generated
13:43 kmkale
13:44 oleonard Is that a problem kmkale?
13:44 kmkale I am doing a data migration from an oracle based local ILS
13:45 kmkale they have a field for date last updated
13:45 kmkale would like to retain it
13:45 jcamins_away kmkale: yes, it should be.
13:45 jcamins_away kmkale: that is system-generated to be the date it was last edited.
13:45 jcamins_away Except Koha doesn't automatically generate it.
13:45 jcamins_away That's a bug.
13:45 kmkale so I can convert the date in indicated format and put it in 005?
13:46 oleonard It does in the MARC editor via a plugin
13:46 jcamins_away oleonard: it does? Huh. Didn't know that. Cool!
13:46 jcamins_away kmkale: right.
13:46 oleonard I think you have to trigger it though by focusing on the field
13:46 kmkale cool. Thanks jcamins_away & oleonard
13:46 kmkale yes oleonard  is right
13:46 jcamins_away oleonard: ah, yes, that I knew.
13:46 kmkale if we cllick in the field its auto generated
13:46 jcamins_away The 005 should not be user-editable at all.
13:47 jcamins_away It should be modified on saving.
13:47 kmkale not usefull for importing records though
13:47 mveron kf: Direct electronic. Found something on
13:47 mveron kf: Storage on a directly accessible tangible recording medium, e.g. disc, tape, playaway device, flashdrive, portable hard drive, etc. If a distinction between types of electronic resources is not necessary, code s can be used as a generic code for any form of electronic resource.
13:48 mveron kf: In short "Elektronischer Datentäger"?
13:50 kf have no better idea
13:51 kf jcamins_away: could you take a look at 5337 for me?
13:51 kf the discussion is about marc21 and ean... and I am not sure I foudn the right field
13:51 kf and perhaps you have an idea how to resolve the problem with the mapping
13:52 chris_n jcamins_away: <= are you really ;)
13:52 jcamins_away It's acquisitions, but okay. :)
13:52 jcamins_away chris_n: I should be getting ready to go.
13:52 kf hi chris_n :)
13:52 chris_n heya kf
13:52 trea joined #koha
13:53 kf hi trea :)
13:53 trea left #koha
13:53 ago43 joined #koha
13:53 chris_n so is there any use for a script that walks through bibs & items validating UTF-8 on all fields and subfields?
13:53 chris_n if so, I'll submit it
13:53 jcamins_away chris_n: definitely!
13:53 kf I would think so too
13:53 chris_n that's all it does atm
13:53 kf will not hurt to have that
13:53 chris_n just valid or invalid
13:54 kf and if you submit others can improve it :)
13:54 * chris_n puts it at the top of his Koha-to-do list
13:55 chris_n submitting it, that is
13:55 chris_n I'd love to have someone test it against records with known UTF-8 problems
13:56 chris_n or with a db of mixed UTF-8 and MARC-8
13:56 jcamins_away kf: 024 with ind1=3.
13:57 trea joined #koha
13:57 oleonard I know we have mysterious records which are "corrupt" but I don't know why.
13:57 jcamins_away kf: I'd like to see that have a togglable display, though.
13:57 kf jcamins_away: huh?
13:58 jcamins_away kf: you wan't to know where to put an EAN.
13:58 kf aah
13:58 kf yes
13:58 kf but our mappings don't work with indicators
13:58 kf the problem is
13:58 kf adding a record for orderingin acq means creating a marc record
13:58 trea morning kf
13:58 kf so all the fields in the entry form have to have proper mappings or the values you enter will not save
13:58 chris_n hi trea
13:58 kf ... which is bad of course
13:58 NateC joined #koha
13:59 kf and when you modify an acq record it pulls the values using the mappings...
13:59 trea o/ hi chris_n
13:59 kf would it hurt to map 24 to the new field?
13:59 kf even if other things can be saved there too?
13:59 kf @marc 2
13:59 huginn` kf: unknown tag 2
13:59 kf @marc 024
13:59 huginn` kf: A standard number or code published on an item which cannot be accommodated in another field (e.g., field 020 (International Standard Book Number), 022 (International Standard Serial Number) , and 027 (Standard Technical Report Number)). The type of standard number or code is identified in the first indicator position or in subfield $2 (Source of number or code). (Repeatable) [a,c,d,z,2,6,8]
13:59 * jcamins_away doesn't see how. Just don't do EAN-y things with it if you put something else in for a record.
14:00 chris_n does anyone know if "we" have a place for koha related file-sharing?
14:00 kf not sure I understand what you mean
14:00 jcamins_away kf: I mean, I don't think it would hurt.
14:00 kf chris_n: I think that was what contribs was supposed to be, only that we don't have a new host for it
14:00 * jcamins_away is tired.
14:01 kf jcamins_away: I was worried because they do normalization things on the data in there...
14:01 * chris_n passes jcamins_away more and stronger coffee
14:01 kf there is a new sub
14:01 chris_n can files be uploaded to the wiki?
14:01 kf I think so
14:01 kf there are some pictures
14:02 kf might depend on the file ending
14:02 * chris_n needs a place to have someone upload a koha db for dev foo
14:02 jcamins_away kf: in that case, maybe a switch to only use it for UNIMARC would be a good idea.
14:02 chris_n 36k bibs and 16k items
14:04 jcamins_away We're going to end up with hundreds of bugs "in discussion," aren't we?
14:04 kf we might
14:04 kf so we should close some
14:05 kf can you add that last sentence? ;)
14:06 jcamins_away Okay.
14:10 * jcamins_away marked it failed QA.
14:10 edveal joined #koha
14:11 kf Thank you!
14:16 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_929' <[…]262c25ab96e04871e> / Bug 929 : Follow up, shifting test <[…]4d6b44873631554cc>
14:16 maximep joined #koha
14:17 jenkins_koha Starting build #618 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #612 7 j 17 h ago)
14:23 collum joined #koha
14:26 jcamins_away oleonard: I did a follow-up to bug 7284.
14:26 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7284 major, P3, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Authority matching algorithm improvements
14:26 jcamins_away The follow-up is much easier to test than the first patch.
14:29 jcamins_away And I wrote it in such a way that when both are applied my test plan will work.
14:30 oleonard Okay, so apply both, run through the test plan you had posted before?
14:37 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
14:37 jcamins oleonard: yup.
14:38 * oleonard hopes to have time later today to look at it again
14:39 * jcamins hopes that too. :)
14:39 jcamins paul_p: if you're pushing things today, do you think you could push bugs 7345 and 7392?
14:40 paul_p jcamins /me pushing passed QA bugs now
14:40 jcamins Yay!
14:40 paul_p then trying to play with some "signed-off" ones
14:40 jcamins paul_p++
14:41 jcamins paul_p: I'm looking at your comment on bug 3719. How do I use the translation tool to change terminology? That would be very useful to me!
14:41 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3719 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, jwagner, Failed QA , Create syspref to allow sites to rename OPAC Cart
14:41 kf paul_p++
14:42 kmkale left #koha
14:42 paul_p jcamins ./ create en_mytranslation
14:42 paul_p this will create a en_mytranslation .po file
14:42 paul_p where you can "translate", for example "members" to "patron"
14:43 kf paul_p: I think it's easier now
14:43 paul_p then tmpl_process install en_mytranslation
14:43 paul_p and activate en_mytranslation language in the opaclanguage syspref
14:43 kf hmmmm or not sure,perhaps you are right, you need a po file
14:43 kf but installing languages works differentnow
14:43 kf once oyu have the po file
14:43 kf do
14:43 kf perl translate install <yourlanguagecode>
14:44 jcamins You say to create an file, but I'm not sure how to do that.
14:44 paul_p ./translate install en mytranslation, you're right
14:44 jcamins Ah. Thanks!
14:44 jcamins That's really cool!
14:44 jcamins kf: even easier? That's even better!
14:44 kf the problem is, that there is no en po file
14:44 kf normally you would just do
14:44 kf perl translate install <languagecode>
14:45 kf and when you wnat to update the po file to match current templates, you do
14:45 kf perl translate update <languagecode> and after that you can install them again
14:45 jcamins Right, that's why I wasn't sure how to do it for en. I've always just done translations with existing languages.
14:45 kf not sure how to generate a po file - paul_p's suggestion on how to do it is probably right
14:45 kf or perhaps the translate script has an option for it that I have not used yet
14:46 kf perhaps perl translate update <newcode> will just work
14:47 kf translate create
14:47 * oleonard translates the staff client into Shakespearean english
14:47 kf fredericd++
14:47 jcamins oleonard: brilliant!
14:47 kf heh
14:48 * kf thinks of a swabian catalog
14:50 jcamins Does anyone have IE7?
14:50 * oleonard snorts derisively
14:51 jcamins oleonard: I want to mark bug 6621 RESOLVED--WONTFIX since it's 3.2.
14:51 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6621 normal, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, prosentientsystems, Failed QA , Javascript error in cloning subfields
14:52 hdl jcamins: try ie4linux
14:52 jcamins hdl: I'm on a Mac.
14:53 jcamins Also, do I look like someone who would willingly install IE on my main computer? :P
14:53 paul_p jcamins if you're using linux, install "playonlinux" package, you can install IE7 easilly from here
14:53 paul_p I made that, it worked in a few clics !
14:54 * jcamins could try that in a VM, but worries that his nice Ubuntu VM might burst into flame if he did that.
14:54 jcamins It's just... wrong!
14:55 kf heh
14:55 paul_p jcamins playonlinux is not using a VM but just wine
14:55 jcamins paul_p: I have a nice Ubuntu set up in a VM. IE is so evil I'm worried that it will cause Ubuntu to spontaneously die. ;)
14:56 paul_p will pray for your ubuntu while you run IE7 for the 1st time, to avoid a heart break :D
14:56 oleonard But really, two-versions-back of Koha and two-versions-back of IE? I think that merits a WONTFIX.
14:56 jcamins Woohoo!
14:56 jcamins oleonard++
15:01 jcamins Does anyone else have opinions on bug 3634?
15:01 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3634 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, jwagner, Failed QA , Adding OpenURL link to XSLT ISSN/ISBN
15:02 libsysguy joined #koha
15:03 kf hmm
15:03 kf I wonder if it will affect all links
15:03 kf because this might not work?
15:03 kf I have never worked with link resolvers really
15:03 jcamins I don't think that's sufficiently general.
15:03 jcamins Better to use More searches.
15:04 kf issn would be a nice addittion to more searches
15:04 maximep paul_p: oh nice, didn't know about playonlinux
15:04 jcamins Oh, we don't already have ISSN?
15:04 jcamins Hm.
15:04 kf only isbn
15:04 jcamins Okay.
15:04 kf and it's broken in a lot of views
15:04 kf except normal
15:04 jcamins I thought you fixed it?
15:04 kf I did
15:04 jcamins :D
15:04 kf but it's the bug depending on your new marc export option...
15:05 kf and I have not teted your follow up yet
15:05 kf so.. we are stuck there currently
15:05 jcamins It's set to passed qa.
15:05 kf ooh
15:05 kf both?
15:05 wahanui both is the same
15:05 jcamins Yup.
15:05 kf very cool
15:05 * jcamins thinks that marcelr finally got tired of being nudged.
15:05 magnus_afk is now known as magnuse
15:05 * jcamins is a very good nudger. ;)
15:06 kf paul_p: if you push those, I will bring you chocolate to marseille ;)
15:06 magnuse wahanui: forget both
15:06 wahanui magnuse: I forgot both
15:06 kf jcamins: I noticed:)
15:06 kf jcamins++ and I love it
15:07 magnuse next gbsd - should we just call the marseille hackfest week "global bug squashing week"?
15:07 kf oooh
15:07 kf I like that idea
15:07 oleonard Or are we going to create more bugs than we fix? :)
15:07 magnuse hehe
15:07 kf both possible
15:07 magnuse magnuse?
15:07 wahanui you are afraid that we added another 10000 bugs while he was eating pizza.
15:08 libsysguy lol
15:08 libsysguy libsysguy
15:08 wahanui well, libsysguy is Koha's hottest developer or partying with swedes on his deck
15:09 paul_p kf now that both patches have passed QA, I'll push them, sure !
15:09 libsysguy jcamins one of our cataloging librarians said that your first testing plan was successful
15:10 libsysguy she is working on the second one
15:10 jcamins libsysguy: woohoo!
15:10 jcamins Yay!
15:10 libsysguy and I guess I will have to do #3 lol
15:10 jcamins paul_p: I'm looking at bug 7246.
15:10 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7246 enhancement, P2, ---, paul.poulain, Failed QA , --limit option to allow partial re-indexing
15:10 jcamins Ohh.
15:10 jcamins I see.
15:11 trea is now known as trea-away
15:11 jcamins paul_p: if I were to ammend that patch, could I get your sign off?
15:11 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #618: STILL UNSTABLE in 54 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/618/
15:11 jenkins_koha Chris Cormack: Bug 929 : Follow up, shifting test
15:11 huginn` Bug[…]ow_bug.cgi?id=929 enhancement, P2, ---, chris, Pushed to Master , See details of a budget
15:12 paul_p jcamins yes, of course
15:17 paul_p sorry kf, but bug 7345 fail QA (compilation error !)
15:17 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7345 enhancement, P3, ---, jcamins, Failed QA , Should be possible to export MARC records without private fields
15:18 jcamins Bug 7345 doesn't compile?
15:18 jcamins Hm.
15:18 * jcamins will fix that.
15:20 paul_p yesterday I wrote a small script to automatically detect patches that don't apply anymore. Will do some testing of this script now...
15:20 paul_p git bz++
15:20 paul_p and bugz++
15:20 kf oleonard: can you perhaps give me a hint what to use for copy an element and replace another element with my copy? I used clone and after... but no I don't want to display it after the element but instead
15:20 Soupermanito joined #koha
15:21 kf paul_p: :(
15:21 kf jcamins will fix it
15:21 * kf has faith
15:21 paul_p kf I think it's just a missing "my $error"
15:21 paul_p so it should be easy to fix
15:21 kf oh that could well be
15:21 kf paul_p: I fixed itin my patch
15:21 kf push both on the same branch
15:21 kf it should work
15:22 oleonard kf: You want to replace a tag and its contents with another tag and its contents?
15:22 kf it's in staff right? I remember fixing it
15:22 kf oleonard: correct
15:23 jcamins paul_p: yes, I can confirm that it's fixed with the follow-up.
15:23 paul_p jcamins yikes !
15:23 jcamins kf: no wonder I can't seem to duplicate the problem!
15:23 paul_p my pre-applypatch script don't handle that !
15:23 laurence left #koha
15:24 paul_p the 1st patch don't compile, everything stop
15:24 paul_p :(
15:24 jcamins Hm. Maybe we should squash them?
15:24 jcamins kf: do you mind if I squash them?
15:24 paul_p jcamins would be cool
15:24 paul_p and I think it's a good thing: a patch may be uncomplete, but it should not even not compile !
15:24 francharb left #koha
15:25 paul_p and I think it's a good thing: a patch may be uncomplete (and need a follow-up), but it should not even not compile !
15:25 jcamins Agreed.
15:25 kf k
15:25 paul_p today was a big day = all of BibLibre staff (19) where in our office ! it was the 1st time ever !!!
15:25 kf can you have 2 authors on one patch?
15:25 magnuse yay
15:25 paul_p and there was some snow in Marseille, 2nd rare event ;-)
15:25 magnuse 19 - that's awesome!
15:26 kf yes it is :)
15:26 jcamins kf: no, that's why I asked if you minded.
15:26 jcamins kf: I'd even be willing to change it to you as author.
15:26 kf that would be kinda silly I guess
15:26 magnuse "it'll snow in marseille before all the biblibre staff is gathered in one office" ;-)
15:26 kf you did the hard work, I was only scratching the surface
15:27 jcamins paul_p: should I obsolete the unsquashed patches?
15:27 paul_p jcamins yes please
15:27 Guest2078 wait is it snowing in marseille?
15:27 Guest2078 is now known as wizzyrea
15:28 paul_p wizzyrea yes it is !
15:28 wizzyrea !!!!!
15:28 wizzyrea fwiw it's snowing here too, but only a little.
15:28 wizzyrea but then again, we are nowhere near the mediterranean.
15:28 paul_p only a little in Marseille too.
15:29 kf all white here, but not a lot of snow
15:30 paul_p[…]-bouches-du-rhone
15:30 jcamins paul_p: changed back to Signed off.
15:30 kf oleonard: what I have is: $("#noitems").after($(".volumes a").clone());
15:30 kf but instead of showing it after #noitems
15:30 jcamins You can check it applies, and then change it to Passed QA and Pushed.
15:30 kf I want it to show instead
15:30 paul_p "5 to 10cm, locally 20, most at the end of the day"
15:30 oleonard kf: Maybe this?
15:30 kf oleonard: oh thx! I did a search with replace but missed that!
15:31 kf ah
15:31 kf but it removes
15:31 kf ... hm. Iwill just do it and the library will tell me if they like it or not .)
15:31 oleonard So maybe clone first, then use replaceWith?
15:31 kf oh
15:31 kf I will try that
15:31 gaetan_B bye !
15:31 gaetan_B left #koha
15:31 kf than you :)
15:31 jenkins_koha Starting build #619 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #612 7 j 18 h ago)
15:31 jcamins paul_p: kf will give you chocolate if you QA and push 7345. :)
15:32 trea-away is now known as trea
15:32 * jcamins freely gives away kf's chocolate.
15:33 kf lol
15:33 kf I think you got my code, now I get to keep the chocolate! :)
15:33 jcamins kf: it's for a good cause.
15:33 jcamins Hehe. Gmail thinks messages about Koha 2.2.9 are spam.
15:34 oleonard Wow, you're right
15:35 kf oleonard: remove() at the end worked too :)
15:38 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_6865' <[…]eddc73e3af786e87f> / Bug 6865 - Follow-up, Replace image-based gradient backgrounds with CSS3 gradients <[…]45789289215e90ee4> / Bug 7147 - Style Z39.50 search errors according to style patterns <http://
15:41 hdl kf jcamins sending you some of our cheesecake and tiramisu we ate today...
15:41 kf oooh tiramisu
15:41 kf yum
15:41 kf actually looking forward to the hackfest lunches
15:41 kf :)
15:42 kf hdl++
15:42 kf oh and oleonard++ for jquery help
15:43 sophie_m left #koha
15:43 sophie_m joined #koha
15:46 nengard joined #koha
15:47 sophie_m left #koha
15:47 wizzyrea tiramisu!
15:47 kyle is there a standard for modifying updatadatabasepl in a patch? Should I just use the next dbversion, or something along the lines of 3.07.00.XXX
15:47 magnuse tirmaisu!
15:48 kyle if it's the former, should I also update
15:48 kyle I'm not seeing any guidance from[…]Coding_Guidelines
15:49 jcamins kyle: 3.07.00.XXX.
15:49 jcamins Never modify
15:49 kyle thanks, just wanted to be sure. It's been a while since I've had to make a db change.
15:50 magnuse guess this should be updated[…]system_preference
15:51 slef yes please!
15:51 slef :)
15:51 alex_a left #koha
15:51 wizzyrea holy crap yes please.
15:51 slef I was looking at that about something and thinking "I'm sure it's not like this any more"
15:51 * magnuse didn't volunteer
15:51 slef oh well when I get a round tuit
15:52 * magnuse hand slef a round tuit
15:52 magnuse *hands
15:54 magnuse yay
15:54 magnuse heh "Any English idiotism should be avoided."
15:54 wizzyrea lol
15:55 wizzyrea help help i'm being repressed!
15:55 slef magnuse: ?
15:55 magnuse slef: it says so on the page
15:55 * wizzyrea refrains from idiotism
15:55 slef magnuse: the wiki page?
15:55 wahanui somebody said the wiki page was really not up to date
15:56 slef wahanui: you rock! Have a botsnack!
15:56 wahanui thanks slef :)
15:57 magnuse slef: yup, almost at the bottom
15:59 slef ok, well, that should be idiom then :)
15:59 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
15:59 magnuse slef: that too would make sense ;-)
16:02 adnc joined #koha
16:07 asaurat left #koha
16:08 julian_m left #koha
16:10 reiveune bye
16:10 reiveune left #koha
16:11 libsysguy left #koha
16:24 hdl kf: gehst du zum
16:24 hdl ?
16:25 Guillaume1 left #koha
16:25 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #619: STILL UNSTABLE in 53 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/619/
16:25 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 6842 Alternate fix, Branch transfer limits broken
16:25 jenkins_koha * henridamien.laurent: Bug 6842 FU : library transfer limits edits not stored
16:25 jenkins_koha * duncan: Small fix to allow help popup in IE9, not 7 or 8 - bug 7339
16:25 jenkins_koha * adrien.saurat: Bug 7457: log cleaning on
16:25 jenkins_koha * f.demians: Bug 7505 Superlibrarian can't export all biblios when IndependantBranches is enabled
16:25 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6842 major, P2, ---, paul.poulain, Pushed to Master , Branch transfer limits broken
16:25 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7147 - Style Z39.50 search errors according to style patterns
16:25 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 6865 - Follow-up, Replace image-based gradient backgrounds with CSS3 gradients
16:25 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7339 critical, P5 - low, ---, duncan, Pushed to Master , Help System in IE8-9 Does Not Load With 500 Error
16:25 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7457 normal, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, Pushed to Master , makes a lot of noise in the logs
16:25 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7505 minor, P5 - low, ---, frederic, Pushed to Master , Superlibrarian can't export all biblios when IndependantBranches is enabled
16:25 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7147 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Style Z39.50 search errors according to style patterns
16:25 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6865 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Replace image-based gradient backgrounds with CSS3 gradients
16:27 kyle Anyone interested in signing off on my patch for Bug 7112 ?
16:27 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7112 major, P3, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , Having two prices in 020$c causes basket creation to fail from staged marc import
16:30 wizzyrea i might get to that one  - I'm looking at the cancel all holds button
16:30 talljoy joined #koha
16:31 Soupermanito left #koha
16:33 mib_63rhkq left #koha
16:34 kyle exellent!
16:46 kf hdl: leider nicht / no :(
16:48 kf eek
16:49 kf now I wanted to leave it sounds like it started to rain
16:50 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
16:51 trea is now known as trea-phone
16:51 mveron kf: Regarding the XML: I'm on line 1032 (out of 1302) now... Running out of time for today...
16:52 kf mveron: I know, it's not a nice job
16:52 kf mveron++
16:53 mveron kf: Hmm, it is a little bit like zen...
16:53 kf paul_p: will you push 7392 too? it's the other half of 7345
16:53 paul_p kf i'll try to do it, but not now, I must go back home
16:53 kf oh ok
16:54 * paul_p tested his script to automatically detect "does not apply" patches. Works quite well
16:54 jcamins paul_p: not even for chocolate? ;)
16:54 hdl paul_p: ducked away
16:54 jcamins kf: 7345 hasn't been pushed yet either.
16:55 kf ah ok
16:55 kf sorry, missed that
16:55 kf starting my weekend now :)
16:55 jcamins :)
16:55 jcamins Lucky you!
16:56 kf bye all
16:56 kf left #koha
16:56 mveron kf: have a nice weekend
16:56 wizzyrea bye kf!
16:56 wizzyrea doh
16:56 wizzyrea missed her :)
16:56 magnuse see you kf!
16:56 magnuse heh
16:56 mveron by all!
16:56 magnuse have fun mveron
16:57 mveron maguse: Will do, I have a cooking session this evening with some friends.
16:57 mveron left #koha
16:58 magnuse sounds like a good plan, and one that fits right into #koha to boot :-)
16:58 * magnuse wanders off to flatten some pizzadough
16:58 jcamins Mmm.
16:58 jcamins Pizza!
16:58 jcamins I don't have any yeast.
17:00 talljoy is now known as talljoy_phone
17:01 paul_p left #koha
17:01 melia joined #koha
17:02 trea-phone is now known as trea
17:03 magnuse is now known as magnus_pizza
17:03 oleonard jcamins without yeast? What has this world come to?
17:03 jcamins oleonard: I know! It's awful.
17:04 jcamins Today I will try and figure out where the Costco is so I can buy yeast.
17:05 jcamins Hm. A bit of a schlep.
17:06 * oleonard pictures jcamins with a gallon-sized jar of yeast
17:06 jcamins Maybe I'll just go to a regular grocery store.
17:10 slef Costco yeast?
17:12 jcamins slef: it's the most affordable option.
17:12 jcamins And I've had really good look with it.
17:13 slef[…]ick-yeast-1x125g/ is my usual poison
17:13 slef probably shipping a bit dear for you ;-)
17:14 jcamins I would think so.
17:14 jcamins Also, that's only 125g.
17:14 alaquerre joined #koha
17:14 slef bigger packs are available
17:15 * jcamins buys packages of 900g.
17:15 slef objects are closer in the mirror than in reality
17:17 slef Windows?
17:17 wahanui well, Windows is a poor fit for free software like Koha. Some of the thing's we use heavily are not easily available at the moment. No-one's funded Koha 3.x for Windows and I'm not sure who'd be willing to work on it. You are probably best off using a liveCD for testing, then commissioning a GNU/Linux server.
17:17 slef your internet?
17:17 slef LC?
17:17 wahanui somebody said LC was simply refusing to connect
17:18 slef functionality?
17:18 wahanui i heard functionality was the most important thing
17:18 slef cait's English?
17:18 slef kf's English?
17:18 wahanui kf's English is broken
17:18 alaquerre Hi, Question for you. When we are searching on OPAC we do get a lot of noise.  When we search by Title using the quick search text field : Histoire. - The search string is : "ti,wrdl: histoire" We get let's say 100 results. After that if I try "ti: histoire" I am getting only 75 results.
17:18 alaquerre Question : Is there a way to prevent Koha to automatically add the "wrdl" to the search query ?
17:19 jcamins alaquerre: you could use jQuery to modify the dropdown.
17:22 alaquerre Really, not sure why but I did try a bit and even if I said : "ti" it was still adding the famous wrdl... Let me double check that.
17:23 jcamins It's odd, though, because ti: should be equivalent to ti,wrdl:
17:24 jcamins It's equivalent for me.
17:24 jcamins What version?
17:25 alaquerre 3.6
17:26 alaquerre I take your example on Jquery Library :-)  value = ti and I still getting the "ti,wrdl"
17:26 jcamins If you type "ti:histoire" and "ti,wrdl:histoire" directly into the search box, do they get different results?
17:26 alaquerre yes
17:27 drojf joined #koha
17:27 jcamins And you adjusted the "Add additional searches" jQuery to replace the one that exists?
17:28 alaquerre Yep.
17:28 alaquerre  - try it with the word "québec"
17:28 jcamins I suspect this is something that you can't adjust without modifying C4::Search.
17:29 jcamins Ooh.
17:29 * jcamins likes your design.
17:29 jcamins How do you get the textboxes to look like that?
17:29 jcamins Oh wow.
17:29 jcamins That gradient on the results is beautiful.
17:29 jcamins How did you do that?
17:30 jcamins Ummm...
17:30 wizzyrea that is pretty :)
17:30 drojf1 left #koha
17:30 wizzyrea very grey
17:30 * jcamins likes gray.
17:30 alaquerre To be honest, all work is done by Libéo ( Maxime and Frédéric capovilla from Libéo.  You can ask them how.
17:30 jcamins This is very confusing.
17:30 cait joined #koha
17:30 wizzyrea hi cait
17:31 cait hi wizzyrea :)
17:31 jcamins maximep: I will bug you until you tell me how to make my OPAC as beautiful as yours! :P
17:31 cait heh
17:31 jcamins This is very odd.
17:31 wizzyrea jcamins: they did it with an image background on the result table row.
17:31 alaquerre I represent 22 college library and Libeo work for us...
17:31 cait maximep: he is very good at bugging and nudging -  iwould give up
17:31 wizzyrea but could probably easily be done with css3
17:31 cait hi alaquerre
17:31 cait what did I misss???
17:31 * wizzyrea tries
17:32 jcamins alaquerre: I don't think you can use that jQuery.
17:32 jcamins alaquerre: the code for the search is totally different.
17:33 wizzyrea yea I suspect that they've done something extra custom for you :/
17:33 alaquerre Ok got it :-)
17:33 alaquerre I'll ask that to them then. Thanks again.
17:33 jcamins Phooey.
17:33 jcamins And it was sooo pretty, too.
17:34 jcamins wizzyrea: okay, maybe I was wrong about disliking gradients.
17:34 wizzyrea keke
17:35 wizzyrea maybe you just don't like *some* gradients.
17:35 wizzyrea ;)
17:36 jcamins They managed to get rounded corners on the bar above the search results, too.
17:36 oleonard What are we talking about?
17:36 * jcamins tried and tried and tried, and eventually gave up.
17:36 jcamins https://formation.koha.ccsr.qc[…]=ti&q=qu%C3%A9bec
17:38 oleonard Definitely some template modifications there
17:38 * oleonard wonders if there is more we should be doing to make things flexible
17:39 * jcamins thinks that would be great.
17:40 alaquerre Yes, we did ask a lot of modifications.  I know we put lot's of time & energy ($) to make it work... Going from 3.2--> 3.6.  OPAC was one hard part.
17:40 jcamins Bah! Now I want rounded corners on the bar at the top again.
17:41 cait lol
17:41 cait eat a cookie instead?
17:41 wizzyrea bah that really ought not be so hard.
17:41 jcamins wizzyrea: agreed, but it is. :(
17:42 alaquerre I got to go... i'll sure have more question to the group soon.  Have a good w-e.
17:42 maximep jcamins: oh feel free to bug me, but it won't make my 6 other projects go away and won't make my client give me time to share stuff to the community
17:42 jcamins Ah, it's border-collapse that is causing problems.
17:42 jcamins maximep: fair enough.
17:43 wizzyrea hm, i just added a border-radius: 5px; to the select box and it's rounded my corners ok :P
17:43 jcamins maximep: it turns out it's a custom template, though, so never mind.
17:43 alaquerre left #koha
17:43 maximep today I will probably work on typo3, magento, a C# project, alfresco (java+javascript) and another magento. fun times.
17:43 maximep well there's only modifications in the header
17:44 maximep in masthead
17:44 jcamins maximep: yeah, but that's what I was going to bug you about.
17:44 jcamins ;)
17:44 maximep well I can put the code somewhere if u want
17:44 jcamins That'd be awesome!
17:44 jcamins maximep++
17:46 pastebot "maximep" at pasted "opac/includes/" (276 lines) at
17:46 maximep sry, no time to do better than this :p
17:46 maximep ah
17:46 maximep I think there's some js modifications also
17:46 maximep bleh
17:47 maximep I could do a .patch of our branch if u really want
17:47 jcamins maximep: the js I already... errr... borrowed. :P
17:47 maximep cool
17:47 * jcamins would love to see it.
17:48 hdl left #koha
17:48 maximep 28 .patch. bleh.
17:48 maximep let's try something else...
17:51 pastebot "maximep" at pasted "whole diff of our opac" (1898 lines) at
17:51 maximep so not a good idea
17:52 jcamins maximep: Nifty, thanks.
17:53 maximep shhhhhhhh don't tell anyone about that :p
17:53 jcamins I won't.
17:55 nengard is now known as nengard_lunch
17:57 jcamins maximep++ # for giving me the key to getting rounded corners on the "Selection tools" bar.
17:57 edveal is now known as edveal-lunch
17:57 magnus_pizza is now known as magnuse
17:57 * jcamins feels like he should probably decrement maximep's karma for making him want to give the search results gradients. :P
17:58 maximep haha
18:01 maximep oh shit, didn't see this all spawned from a discussion with my client
18:01 * maximep is reading his history
18:01 paul_p joined #koha
18:02 collum @wunder 41017
18:02 huginn` collum: The current temperature in Van Aachen, Erlanger, Kentucky is -1.2�C (1:00 PM EST on February 10, 2012). Conditions: Light Snow. Humidity: 89%. Dew Point: -3.0�C. Windchill: -4.0�C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1017.8 hPa (Falling). Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to noon EST Saturday...
18:02 collum It's finally snowing.
18:03 oleonard jcamins: Was there anything in your follow-up to Bug 7284 that might cause Step 6 of "testing the cataloging interface" to fail? Or might one of my settings be off?
18:03 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7284 major, P3, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Authority matching algorithm improvements
18:03 maximep and he was there when I said the line about not having time to share stuff haha
18:04 kyle call for opinions on Bug 4045 . I'm looking to get more input before proceeding with a solution.
18:04 * oleonard will continue testing after some lunch
18:04 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4045 critical, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , No check for maximum number of allowed holds.
18:04 oleonard is now known as oleonard-away
18:05 jcamins oleonard: it shouldn't cause that to break. Do you have LinkerRelink turned off or LinkerKeepStale on?
18:05 ago43 is now known as ago43_lunch
18:12 paul_p hi kyle & congrats !
18:13 * maximep looks back at what u answered to my client's question
18:13 maximep because he just asked it to me
18:14 jcamins maximep: it looks like your javascript interacts with the jQuery on the wiki.
18:14 maximep jcaminsI suspect this is something that you can't adjust without modifying C4::Search.
18:14 maximep hmmmm
18:14 maximep so to always remove the wrdl
18:14 jcamins maximep: actually, I revised my opinion.
18:14 jcamins I don't know if that's true, but I think the jQuery doesn't do what we'd want it to because there's other jQuery in there.
18:15 maximep probably
18:15 * jcamins tries again.
18:15 jcamins Actually, let me reinstate my original opinion.
18:15 jcamins It requires a modification of C4::Search
18:15 maximep :/
18:16 mbalmer_ joined #koha
18:17 mbalmer left #koha
18:17 mbalmer_ is now known as mbalmer
18:18 cait paul_p: working on the patch
18:19 paul_p cait++
18:19 cait hopefully figuring it out
18:19 paul_p i'm so sorry there's another problem :\
18:19 cait did you push jcamins's patch first?
18:19 cait because it's a blocker for this
18:19 jcamins (bug 7345, the one I just squashed)
18:19 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7345 enhancement, P3, ---, jcamins, Signed Off , Should be possible to export MARC records without private fields
18:22 jcamins paul_p: bug 7248 has to be pushed before 7249.
18:22 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7248 enhancement, P3, ---, chrish, In Discussion , Caching for services
18:23 paul_p shame on me !! I missed the dependancy !
18:23 jcamins So that's why it doesn't apply.
18:23 paul_p the dependancy is written in bugzilla, trying again
18:23 cait I will still make sure if it works
18:23 cait but the other should go first :)
18:24 stuartyeates joined #koha
18:24 paul_p OK, and 7248 is in discussion...
18:25 paul_p (this discussion seem to have quickly reached an agreement...)
18:26 paul_p QAing bug 7090 now
18:26 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7090 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, srdjan, Signed Off , Add "AllowItemsOnHandCheckout" syspref to allow issue to the patron regardless of hold status
18:26 talljoy_phone is now known as talljoylunch
18:32 cait oleonard-away: still around? somehoe?
18:32 cait did you forget to change status on 7113?
18:33 paul_p BibLibre decided to use today. It's a very nice tool (just to share the tool itself)
18:35 cait paul_p: I have problems applying the patch, but no idea what's wrong
18:35 cait I think the sequence on the bug is wrong for one
18:35 cait but not sure why the main patch is giving me problems
18:35 maximep paul_p: oh, looks good. I imagine it on a big tv to see what everyone is working on at all time
18:36 paul_p maximep : big brother is watching you ;-)
18:36 paul_p maximep you're from CA right ?
18:36 paul_p (CA = canada)
18:37 maximep yes
18:37 paul_p do you speak french ? (your name is typically a french one !)
18:38 maximep yes, from québec
18:38 paul_p ah, un francophone de plus alors :D
18:38 maximep oui mais j'aime pas écrire ici en francais pcq ca doit pas etre le fun pour les autres :p
18:39 paul_p of course: we never speak french on this channel, but i'm happy to see there's another french-native ;-)
18:39 maximep hehe
18:39 maximep really not many from Québec that work with koha
18:40 paul_p are you in touch with inlibro ?
18:40 paul_p (eric beguin)
18:40 jcamins Hm. And marcelr isn't around.
18:41 cait no he isn't
18:41 cait *sigh*
18:41 jcamins Bother.
18:42 maximep we are for translations
18:44 jcamins Oh, damn.
18:44 cait hmm
18:44 cait wonder if yi still have the branch
18:44 cait jcamins: would you sign off again?
18:44 * jcamins just fixed it and squashed it into the wrong patch.
18:44 cait oooh
18:44 cait what was it?
18:44 jcamins I don't know.
18:45 cait what did you do before the sqash?
18:46 nengard_lunch is now known as nengard
18:47 jcamins Yay!
18:47 jcamins Got it.
18:47 cait wooohoooo
18:47 cait jcamins++
18:47 cait my hero of the day :)
18:48 jcamins Now the only thing that's missing are the commit messages, since I did do that wrong.
18:50 trea is now known as trea-lunch
18:50 magnuse is now known as magnus_pizza
18:53 ago43_lunch is now known as ago43
18:56 jcamins paul_p: bugs 7345 and 7392 will now both apply.
18:56 jcamins Please push them ASAP so they don't require revision again!
18:56 jcamins :)
18:57 jcamins paul_p: note that I squashed all patches for bug 7392 together.
18:57 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7392 enhancement, P3, ---, katrin.fischer, Passed QA , Add system preference to configure export options for OPAC detail page
18:58 bag cool they are shooting a movie outside of my office :)
18:58 bag let's see if I can wear my koha shirt and get in as an extra
18:58 jcamins bag: anything good?
18:59 bag no idea what it is - if it's a commerical or movie
18:59 bag but it's a production of something
18:59 bag and they've got some cool cars parked around
18:59 * paul_p fighting against bug 7001, it seem there's something wrong for me...
18:59 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7001 enhancement, P3, ---, srdjan, Signed Off , User Configurable Slips
19:06 talljoylunch is now known as talljoy
19:08 Johnindy left #koha
19:08 cait don't fight against... be like the grass
19:08 cait move with it
19:08 cait ...
19:08 cait sorry - long week :)
19:08 jcamins lol
19:10 edveal-lunch is now known as edveal
19:11 oleonard-away is now known as oleonard
19:12 cait jcamins++
19:13 oleonard cait: I guess I did
19:13 paul_p OK, time to leave now, my 2nd son has finished his hockey training. See you on monday #koha !
19:13 paul_p left #koha
19:15 jcamins Uhhh..
19:15 jcamins This is really, really weird.
19:15 * jcamins will take a screenshoot.
19:15 jcamins Everyone else can stare at it in bafflement too.
19:16 jcamins
19:16 jenkins_koha Starting build #620 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #612 7 j 22 h ago)
19:16 jcamins Tell me that's not bizarre.
19:17 maximep it is
19:17 jcamins Really, *really* weird.
19:18 jcamins It is my considered opinion that linebreaks in MARC records should not cause such dramatic issues.
19:20 cait ok
19:20 cait what do I miss?
19:20 jcamins How many results are there?
19:20 cait oh
19:20 * cait turns red
19:20 jcamins It's late on a Friday.
19:21 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7090 follow-up, setting DBrev number when pushing <[…]3a5b416503c5f362e> / bug_7090: AllowItemsOnHandCheckout syspref <[…]fe215c7b3036c166d>
19:22 oleonard jcamins: Should LinkerRelink be turned off and LinkerKeepStale on when I'm testing step 6 in cataloging?
19:24 jcamins Testing the cataloging interface?
19:24 jcamins LinkerRelink should be on, and LinkerKeepStale should be off.
19:25 * oleonard double-checks and tries again
19:29 jcamins Any UNIMARCers around?
19:30 * oleonard plans a dance number with a chorus line of UNIMARCkettes
19:30 jcamins lol
19:30 jcamins gmcharlt: around?
19:31 * jcamins found a bug in MARC::Record. :(
19:32 cait oleonard++
19:34 jcamins @later tell gmcharlt MARC::Record allows newline characters in its data, but that's not allowed by the MARC standard (so far as I can tell). It seems to me that MARC::Record should probably strip out newlines... unless I'm missing something?
19:34 huginn` jcamins: The operation succeeded.
19:39 YoungPublicLibrarian joined #koha
19:39 oleonard jcamins: step 6 is still not work. Can you check my settings?
19:40 * oleonard tosses in an "ing" for good measure
19:40 jcamins oleonard: sorry, that was dumb of me.
19:41 jcamins oleonard: change CatalogModuleRelink to "Do."
19:41 wahanui jcamins: that doesn't look right
19:41 wahanui left #koha
19:41 wahanui joined #koha
19:41 * oleonard consoles wahanui
19:41 jcamins Sorry, my mind is really fuzzy... I seem to have come down with a cold.
19:42 cait :(
19:42 * cait sends tea
19:42 jcamins Thanks.
19:44 YoungPublicLibrarian I have a small question, is it possible to add a fine manually with Koha? I read that it does it automatically, but what if we need to add one that the system wouldn't know about?
19:44 jcamins YoungPublicLibrarian: it is indeed.
19:44 jcamins View the patron's record, then go to "Add manual invoice" or something like that.
19:47 YoungPublicLibrarian Ah, thank you! I was thinking of invoice as a reciet and not a bill! lol
19:48 * oleonard still has no luck
19:50 jcamins oleonard: so you entered a heading that you know matches an authority record you have?
19:52 * oleonard checks one more thing
19:54 edveal is now known as edveal-away
20:00 trea-lunch is now known as trea
20:05 jcamins Another good reason not to develop your frontend and backend interfaces completely separately: when you change the API on the backend, the frontend suddenly stops working.
20:11 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #620: STILL UNSTABLE in 54 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/620/
20:11 jenkins_koha * srdjan: bug_7090: AllowItemsOnHandCheckout syspref
20:11 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 7090 follow-up, setting DBrev number when pushing
20:11 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7090 enhancement, P3, ---, srdjan, Pushed to Master , Add "AllowItemsOnHandCheckout" syspref to allow issue to the patron regardless of hold status
20:17 oleonard Bye #koha
20:18 oleonard left #koha
20:18 cait have a nice weekend
20:19 edveal-away is now known as edveal
20:20 jwagner left #koha
20:25 YoungPublicLibrarian jcamins?
20:25 wahanui jcamins is an outstanding cook. or well-traveled and brilliant. or trying to think of a solution or awesome fixing broken email notifications or the wizard that forges queries in the deep fires of zebra or against all things wine.
20:25 jcamins YoungPublicLibrarian: yes?
20:25 YoungPublicLibrarian you said you used to work at Bywaters. What did you do for them? (If you don't mind me asking)
20:26 jcamins I was their Lead Support Specialist. trea replaced me.
20:26 trea succeeded jcamins. jcamins cannot be replaced.
20:26 jcamins trea: YoungPublicLibrarian will be working with you. :D
20:27 cait :)
20:27 YoungPublicLibrarian Ah I see. lol. I doubt I will. But maybe my director.
20:27 jcamins Well, maybe not directly.
20:29 YoungPublicLibrarian lol Yeah, I'm just a lowly circulation assistant...
20:29 jcamins Good for you signing onto #koha to learn about the system!
20:30 YoungPublicLibrarian I like to be well prepared. I'm the most tech savy of our little library and so my director is trying to send me to the Koha training classes. But we have over 60 libraries in our consortium and there are only 30 slots of training open.
20:31 jcamins Yikes!
20:33 YoungPublicLibrarian Yeah...I guess there are having certain people from each group of geographically close libraries go to the training and then have those people go around to the libraries and train everyone else...
20:33 YoungPublicLibrarian Okay, off to lunch I go. I'll be back in about forty-five minutes.
20:34 wizzyrea hey that approach works :)
20:41 wizzyrea YoungPublicLibrarian: which system are you working with?
20:41 wizzyrea (library system, that is)
20:48 Johnindy joined #koha
21:01 Johnindy left #koha
21:03 collum left #koha
21:06 nengard if you scan an item that was previously marked lost during inventory will it update the status to available like it does when you check in an item that was lost?
21:10 nengard found the answer
21:10 nengard it does change the statu
21:10 cait left #koha
21:10 nengard status
21:21 grharry joined #koha
21:22 YoungPublicLibrarian wizzyrea: We are using Voyager right now. Moving to Koha in March/April.
21:23 wizzyrea cool, which institution?
21:23 wizzyrea like, what library system is your library a member of?
21:24 drojf left #koha
21:25 grharry after importing an authorities file with bulkmarcimport ( UNIMARC )  observing the auth_headers table I see a bunch of hardcoded authtypecode  values such as FAM, CO_UNI_TI, NP , SAUTTIT, SNC, SNG , TU etc ... could somebody be kind enough to explain what these mean and what is the purpose of their existence .??
21:26 YoungPublicLibrarian Ah I see. We're part of VALnet.
21:26 wizzyrea o cool :)
21:30 YoungPublicLibrarian yeah, we're excited. Our cataloguer is a little bit upset about it. Seems cataloguing is much more involved in Koha than what she uses now...
21:30 wizzyrea meaning "more work" or "much different"
21:30 wizzyrea or some of both ;)
21:31 * wizzyrea works in the central office of a 40 library consortium, thusly has probably heard most of any complaint your cataloger can come up with re: koha
21:34 YoungPublicLibrarian both apparently. Right now she has everything she needs on one screen. When we go to Koha she doesn't like that she has to switch between screens.
21:34 YoungPublicLibrarian LOL
21:35 wizzyrea an an anti-tab advocate. ;)
21:37 YoungPublicLibrarian My only complaint with it is that it looks cluttered. Mainly cuz the links to Circulation and Check Out and what not are not seperated by anything but white space. Well that and the fact that we have to keep our screen resolution down to 800x600 because everyone else here is over 60...
21:38 wizzyrea oooh yea
21:38 wizzyrea 800x600 = yikes.
21:39 wizzyrea so you think on mainpage - it should be separated by something or arranged differently
21:40 wizzyrea when it's smooshed all together, I can see why you'd say it looks cluttered ;)
21:41 wizzyrea there is an awful lot you can do, that doesn't involve modifying koha directly, to change how it looks.
21:49 YoungPublicLibrarian I think it would look better on our screen if each section had a box around it. The News section already does that. But then the Circulation, Patrons, Search, Lists, Cataloguing, Serials, Acquisitions, Reports, Tools, and About Koha. Maybe just a boarder around them would help...
21:49 * wizzyrea ponders
21:52 jcamins Eww. What lousy structure.
21:52 wizzyrea ?
21:52 wizzyrea oh you mean on mainpage?
21:52 jcamins Yup.
21:52 wizzyrea i was just noting that :P
21:53 wizzyrea it's ... challenging to style accurately ;)
21:54 jcamins Ya think?
21:54 YoungPublicLibrarian well, its not really my call anywaies. And wouldn't be a problem if everyone here didn't need
21:55 wizzyrea nah, it's nice to have new people going "hey guysssss this is awkward!"
21:55 wizzyrea because we look at it every day ;)
21:56 wizzyrea so we become inured to it's awkwardness
21:56 YoungPublicLibrarian lol
21:56 wizzyrea jcamins: a project for a boring day would be to add proper divs to that :P
21:57 jcamins wizzyrea: how kind of you to volunteer.
21:57 * jcamins is too fuzzy-minded.
21:57 wizzyrea that's what i meant
21:57 talljoy is now known as talljoy_away
21:57 * jcamins is *much* too fuzzy-minded. :P
21:57 wizzyrea hehe
21:57 wizzyrea dude, it's the weekend where you are
21:57 wizzyrea shoo.
21:58 jcamins Heh.
21:59 YoungPublicLibrarian Aw, its only friday here...and I have to work tomorrow anywaies...
21:59 jcamins It's Friday here too, but in three minutes it'll be after five.
22:00 YoungPublicLibrarian ah, it will only be 2 here...
22:02 jcamins Myshkin says hi.
22:02 maximep yay 5
22:02 * maximep is tired + just got a big beer
22:02 maximep not the best working conditions :p
22:02 wizzyrea maximep: no su after 2!
22:03 wizzyrea (or 1, if it's a big one :P)
22:03 jcamins wizzyrea: lol
22:03 maximep well too late
22:03 wizzyrea kekekekeke
22:03 * wizzyrea will not take responsibility for your drunken system administration.
22:03 wizzyrea I warned you ;)
22:04 maximep my drunken sysadmin fixed the auth of an alfresco server
22:05 maximep ... just took me an hour instead of 5 minutes
22:05 maximep -_-
22:05 wizzyrea lulz
22:07 * jcamins ponders fudge.
22:08 jcamins left #koha
22:08 jcamins joined #koha
22:12 JesseM left #koha
22:16 ago43 is now known as ago43_away
22:19 magnus_pizza have fun, #koha!
22:19 wizzyrea have a good weekend :)
22:19 magnus_pizza will do!
22:19 magnus_pizza is now known as magnus_away
22:28 maximep left #koha
22:31 grharry left #koha
22:33 YoungPublicLibrarian left #koha
22:45 melia is now known as melia_lunch
22:47 NateC left #koha
23:06 edveal is now known as edveal-away
23:09 YoungPublicLibrarian joined #koha
23:30 melia_lunch is now known as melia
23:39 mbalmer left #koha
23:47 YoungPublicLibrarian left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary