IRC log for #koha, 2011-10-24

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:46 Danielle o/
00:47 cait hi Danielle
00:48 Danielle How are you, cait?
00:50 cait i am good - how are you?
00:52 Danielle Great! Just had a girls' night out that I badly needed.
00:52 * Danielle suspects having a drink didn't hurt. ;)
01:21 cait :)
01:25 cait left #koha
01:55 sndwrx joined #koha
03:21 chris_n left #koha
03:31 Soupermanito left #koha
05:13 thd-away` left #koha
05:17 thd-away joined #koha
06:13 alex_a joined #koha
06:14 Oak joined #koha
06:14 Oak \o
06:14 Oak guess not what?
06:15 alex_a left #koha
06:15 alex_a joined #koha
06:16 alex_a hi #koha
06:32 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7001] User Configurable Slips <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7001>
06:38 thd-away left #koha
06:41 thd-away joined #koha
06:46 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
06:50 reiveune joined #koha
06:50 reiveune hello
06:54 magnuse bonjour
07:05 francharb joined #koha
07:06 francharb hello everyone
07:10 julian_m joined #koha
07:11 asaurat joined #koha
07:16 magnuse @arewethereyet
07:16 huginn magnuse: YES!
07:16 sophie_m joined #koha
07:18 paul_p joined #koha
07:18 paul_p rangi: hello & congrats (twice)
07:18 paul_p others : hello
07:23 magnuse kia ora paul_p - and congrats on your new title (but not on the rugby, i guess ;-)
07:28 paul_p hi magnuse. The final was really a great match, and, looking at the whole competition, NZ should win.
07:28 paul_p any kiwi around ? (wanting to speak about Rugby)
07:30 matts_away is now known as matts
07:37 alex_a paul_p: I think kiwis still enjoy their third half-time
07:37 paul_p alex_a: right. Even if, at this time, it's the 4th or 5th ...
07:38 alex_a lol
08:03 kmkale joined #koha
08:05 kmkale Namaskaar #koha
08:55 Oak @wunder islamabad
08:55 huginn Oak: The current temperature in Islamabad, Pakistan is 24.0�C (1:00 PM PKT on October 24, 2011). Conditions: Haze. Humidity: 47%. Dew Point: 12.0�C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Steady).
08:56 magnuse ooh, not too hot?
08:56 magnuse @wunder boo
08:56 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 9.0�C (10:20 AM CEST on October 24, 2011). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 76%. Dew Point: 5.0�C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1018 hPa (Steady).
09:30 stuartyeates left #koha
09:42 cait joined #koha
09:42 cait hi #koha
09:42 kivilahtio hi cait
09:43 magnuse guten tag cait
09:46 cait hi magnuse :
09:46 cait :)
09:46 asaurat hi
09:46 wahanui hola, asaurat
09:46 cait hi kivilahtio and asaurat :)
09:54 Oak magnuse :)
09:54 Oak yes not too hot indeed.
09:55 Oak hello cait. City of Glass finished. :)
09:55 Oak time for electricity to go...
09:56 Oak left #koha
09:56 cait oh
10:17 hdl joined #koha
10:56 kmkale left #koha
11:06 kmkale joined #koha
11:34 kmkale left #koha
11:42 jcamins paul_p: wow, you sure type fast!
11:42 paul_p jcamins: lol. Don't you know "bulk change" feature un bugzilla ?
11:44 jwagner joined #koha
11:45 nengard joined #koha
11:48 cait paul_p: I plan on acq testing today - ok if I mark things closed that are in release now instead of resolved fixed?
11:48 paul_p cait: yep
11:48 cait k
11:53 cait paul_p: all those mails are going to 3.8?
11:53 cait so I can delete? :)
11:54 paul_p cait: writing a mail to koha-devel to explain : * all ENH that are "needs signoff" and/or "signed off" have been switched to Rel_3_8 version.
11:55 cait ok
11:55 Oak joined #koha
11:55 magnuse paul_p++
11:55 magnuse Oak
11:55 Oak magnuse
11:55 cait wb Oak
11:55 cait and still liking it?
11:56 Oak yup, lovin' it
11:56 cait :)
11:56 Oak :-]
11:56 cait paul_p++
11:56 * jcamins starts his day.
11:56 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
11:57 Oak paul_p++
11:58 Oak what did he do? paul i mean
11:58 cait but wrangling
11:58 Oak got it
11:58 Oak bug*
12:15 matts is now known as matts_away
12:17 NateC joined #koha
12:17 paul_p left #koha
12:17 sophie_m left #koha
12:18 hdl left #koha
12:18 julian_m left #koha
12:20 hdl joined #koha
12:20 nengard left #koha
12:22 oleonard joined #koha
12:25 oleonard Why update bugs to say "rel_3_8" instead of "master" ? Is the distinction important?
12:25 reiveune left #koha
12:28 matts_away is now known as matts
12:28 sophie_m joined #koha
12:29 paul_p joined #koha
12:34 cait oleonard: hm you are perhaps right, more important after the release for things that went in
12:34 reiveune joined #koha
12:35 * oleonard has always been confused by the usage of rel_x_x vs. master when the two are seemingly the same
12:35 francharb hi all
12:36 cait hi francharb :)
12:36 paul_p oleonard: maybe you're right. I'm collecting all ideas/changes/inconsistencies for bugzilla, to discuss of them, i add this one ;-)
12:36 sophie_m left #koha
12:37 julian_m joined #koha
12:44 JesseM joined #koha
12:45 francharb anyone knows how does work?
12:45 francharb do i need to define the prefixes somewhere?
12:46 cait hm never used it really
12:46 cait a plugin for cataloging?
12:46 francharb yes
12:47 cait I think there is no place where you can define prefixes
12:47 cait what is it supposed to do?
12:47 sophie_m joined #koha
12:47 francharb and neither do i but one of the library i 'm working with want to know and i can't find out
12:47 francharb cait:
12:47 cait there is a newer plugin for stocknumber - I think it's supposed to take a prefix and count upwards from that
12:47 francharb i read the code of
12:47 francharb well, the beginning
12:47 francharb where it says
12:48 francharb that it calculates a number
12:48 francharb depending on which prefixe you specified
12:48 francharb during cataloguing the item
12:49 cait hm
12:49 francharb it's pretty much the same
12:49 cait there is a 9xx i think
12:50 cait for something like a prefix
12:50 cait in the bilbiographic frameworks
12:50 cait perhaps it's referring to that?
12:50 francharb i think it's referring to items.itemcallnumber
12:50 francharb so obviously, i need to map the subflied with itemcallnumber
12:51 francharb but then, i don"t know if there is a pop up that should open up
12:51 cait hm
12:51 cait trial and error?
12:51 francharb no error
12:51 cait perhaps you have to write the prefix in the field and save?
12:51 cait or click on the ...
12:51 cait ?
12:51 cait only guessing
12:52 francharb i tried
12:52 cait trial and error = test it to find out
12:52 francharb ah ok
12:52 francharb hehe
12:52 francharb i tested it
12:52 francharb i got a number
12:52 francharb but i dont know where it came from
12:53 chris_n joined #koha
12:53 francharb anyway, i was just checking to know if somebody had already use it...
12:53 francharb thanks cait
12:54 francharb hi chris_n
12:55 oleonard Is that the talented young 3.4.x release maintainer I just saw come in?
12:56 cait hehe
12:56 cait and perhaps even 3.6 release maintainer?
12:57 oleonard I don't know cait, I was just buttering him up a little for it
12:57 cait paul_p: I am not sure about closing bugs - they fall off the edge if you do that - from all searches. and we have also libraires logging enhancement requests. I would like to keep them. perhaps we can work with 'searching developer' or a similar status
12:57 cait oleonard: so continue, I will supply cookies
12:58 oleonard Or did chris_n already lose his chance to back out? ;)
12:58 sekjal joined #koha
12:58 cait hi sekjal :)
12:58 sekjal hi, cait!
13:00 collum joined #koha
13:03 * chris_n accepts bribes of coffee and chocolate ;-)
13:06 * oleonard accepts bribes of chocolate-covered espresso beans
13:07 * oleonard isn't sure what he's accepting bribes to do
13:08 paul_p left #koha
13:09 sekjal cait: do you recall the bug where vendor search was broken if a basket was authorisedby a deleted borrower?
13:10 cait I think it was a folloow up on the original bug
13:10 cait I wanted to dive into acq testing next
13:10 sekjal it looks like it didn't make it into 3.6
13:10 cait ooh!
13:10 cait I thought it did
13:10 sekjal me, too
13:10 sekjal I'm replying to someone on-list about it
13:11 sekjal and my source code shows that it's not patched (fresh git pull as of right now)
13:11 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7079] Default values for German system preferences (web installer) <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7079>
13:11 cait :(
13:11 cait and we have no 3.6.x branch yet, right?
13:12 sekjal not that I know of
13:13 sophie_m1 joined #koha
13:13 sophie_m left #koha
13:17 cait sekjal: perhaps we should not 'NULL' but 0 the orphaned baskets
13:17 cait so that superlibrarians can see them
13:17 cait and perhaps even assign a new owner
13:18 sekjal not a bad idea
13:18 sekjal but for that to fix this bug, we'd need to add borrowernumber ==0 support to GetMember
13:18 cait I thik your solution i sok
13:18 cait we only have to think what do to with them - and in other places in the system too
13:19 cait hm
13:19 cait perhaps
13:19 cait when deleting a staff member - there should be an alert and an option to reassign
13:19 cait you want to delete this borrower? who is going to inherit things?
13:19 paul_p joined #koha
13:19 cait oh wb paul
13:20 sophie_m joined #koha
13:21 sophie_m1 left #koha
13:33 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7080] Clean up interface on fine payment screens <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7080>
13:33 oleonard I wonder how many other places there where we should check deletions of staff members? Lists, for instance.
13:36 cait oleonard: I was looking at your screenshots for paying fines
13:36 cait perhaps we could delete notify id and level?
13:36 cait afaik they are unused
13:36 cait I get questions about those columns... one of the reports also has them
13:37 cait oleonard: and lists is a good idea
13:37 oleonard I didn't know enough about those columns to know whether they should be touched or not
13:38 cait I had talked to rangi about them a longe rwhile back
13:38 cait iirc they belonged to a fine system that is broken now
13:38 cait there is also other code for that, but I have never seen any content in there
13:38 oleonard :(
13:38 cait we also have tables
13:38 cait notifys in the database
13:38 cait no content there for me
13:39 cait does your database have something in there?
13:40 oleonard No, it's empty
13:40 cait hm
13:40 cait perhaps open a new bug?
13:40 oleonard I think so
13:40 cait how do I call it?
13:40 cait remove code for .... notify something? hehe
13:41 cait hm, screen frozen
13:41 oleonard You could always frame the bug as "Remove unused notify id and level columns from" and see what bubbles up from there
13:41 cait oleonard: i will file a bug for those 2 columns, perhaps it will stir up some discussion
13:42 cait hehe
13:42 cait same idea :)
13:42 cait filing bug now
13:42 cait ok if I make it templates for now?
13:43 oleonard Sure
13:43 maximep joined #koha
13:46 maximep koha 3.6 :D. Congrats to everyone!
13:46 magnuse koha++
13:47 cait koha++ :)
13:47 cait oleonard: bug 7081
13:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7081 normal, P5, ---, oleonard, NEW , Remove notify id and level from fines in patron account
13:48 oleonard sekjal: Is there a bug for the accounts rewrite?
13:49 sekjal oleonard:  checking
13:50 cait yes there is
13:50 cait I poked robin until he wrote one
13:51 cait bug 6427
13:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6427 enhancement, P5, ---, robin, ASSIGNED , Rewrite of the accounts system
13:51 magnuse poking++
13:52 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.6.0 is now avaliable ; Next General IRC Meeting 16 November 2011 at 02:00 UTC+0  | |
13:52 sekjal thanks, cait!
13:53 maximep avaliable? :p
13:54 * oleonard will brb
13:54 oleonard left #koha
13:55 oleonard joined #koha
13:55 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.6.0 is now available ; Next General IRC Meeting 16 November 2011 at 02:00 UTC+0  | |
13:57 magnuse is now known as magnus_afk
13:58 cait hmpf
13:58 cait <label for="show_mine">Meine anzeigen<br /> Nur Konten</label>
13:58 cait this translaiton makes absolutely no sense :(
14:00 * oleonard assumes this is for a reason other than it is in German, which is the reason for him.
14:01 rhcl joined #koha
14:04 cait oleonard: the line break make it 2 separate strings...
14:04 cait oleonard: and this makes it evil, because separately translating Show my and funds only
14:04 cait is hard
14:04 cait and they don't follow each othr in the po files (of course)
14:04 oleonard Is the <br /> necessary?
14:05 cait no
14:05 cait not in my eyes
14:05 cait I am removing it and sending a patch
14:05 magnus_afk cait++
14:10 tcohen joined #koha
14:10 sophie_m left #koha
14:12 tcohen left #koha
14:14 tcohen joined #koha
14:14 oleonard Could someone check something for me? Create a new list in the OPAC and check to see if the virtualshelves table has stored something in the owner column?
14:14 cait oleonard++ for being so busy improving things right after the release :)
14:14 cait oleonard: I am on it
14:14 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7082] Template improvements for better translatability <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7082>
14:15 Oak cait++
14:15 * oleonard finds 10 entries in his production database which have a null owner
14:16 cait oleonard: perhaps someone with root login?
14:16 cait oleonard: it worked for me
14:16 oleonard Definitely not root login
14:16 cait hm
14:16 cait open list?
14:17 cait I will try that
14:17 cait oh
14:17 cait open doesn't show up for me
14:17 cait did we kill that feature?
14:18 oleonard Just hid it in the OPAC I think
14:21 cait oh
14:23 oleonard Weird, now I can't reproduce it either
14:27 rhcl @seen gmcharlt
14:27 huginn rhcl: gmcharlt was last seen in #koha 4 days, 19 hours, 31 minutes, and 21 seconds ago: <gmcharlt> @arewethereyet
14:27 gmcharlt rhcl: pong
14:30 sophie_m joined #koha
14:30 oleonard I thought maybe the null owner was the reason I'm now able to edit/delete other people's lists in the staff client, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
14:34 cait hm
14:35 cait there was a bug for superlibrarians not being able to do that
14:35 cait oho
14:36 cait I added a fund, added a budget... and now I can't edit my budget, although it belongs to my library :(
14:37 cait ok, my mistake, ignore that
14:37 oleonard Bug 5763 has been fixed by chance?
14:37 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5763 enhancement, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Add users private list management functionality for administrators
14:38 sophie_m left #koha
14:39 cait oleonard: I am not sure
14:39 cait there was some discussion about how to check correctly for superlibrarian rights
14:41 cait oleonard: I am looking at bug 4161
14:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4161 enhancement, P5, ---, henridamien, NEW , When adding Vendor default to active currencies
14:41 cait hm. can you think of an example where I could copy from? about preselecting a value?
14:43 oleonard Something like line 124 of
14:45 oleonard I found this in (related by my bug): return 1 if (($category >= 2) and defined($user) and ($borrower->{authflags}->{superlibrarian} || $user == 0));# public list, superlibrarian can edit/delete
14:45 oleonard that line was changed back in 2008, but the bug report was filed this year. What changed to make that work?
14:46 cait hm
14:46 cait i think that will not work
14:46 cait you could copy my check
14:46 cait from the basket permission bug
14:46 cait or sekjal's way to check for superlibrarian to be exact :)
14:46 cait the flag thing seems to be broken
14:46 cait and some things don't work if you have more than the superlibrarian flags
14:46 oleonard But it does seem to be working. I can edit others' lists as a superlibrarian but not as a regular staff user
14:47 cait oh
14:47 cait not sure then
14:49 sophie_m joined #koha
14:51 rhcl Call for presentations everybody - good, targeted audience and comparatively inexpensive venue....
14:51 rhcl
14:55 rhcl does perl have a "uniq" command like *nix?
15:05 trea joined #koha
15:11 druthb joined #koha
15:11 druthb o/
15:14 bg left #koha
15:14 bg joined #koha
15:17 bg left #koha
15:17 bg joined #koha
15:19 oleonard cait are you going to KohaCon?
15:19 cait no, not this year
15:20 cait but hopefully to scotland
15:20 cait perl errors *sighs*
15:20 cait I am sure I am doing something quite stupid there
15:24 julian_m left #koha
15:24 reiveune bye
15:24 reiveune left #koha
15:26 sophie_m left #koha
15:28 sophie_m joined #koha
15:28 nengard joined #koha
15:30 cait oleonard: what about you?
15:30 oleonard Same as you. Hopefully next year.
15:30 wizzyrea morning
15:31 asaurat left #koha
15:33 oleonard So wizzyrea, remember how I was saying I could now edit/delete other patrons' public lists?
15:33 oleonard Turns out there's code to specifically allow it for superlibrarians, but it apparently wasn't working and now is. :P
15:33 wizzyrea lol
15:34 wizzyrea i actually noted that this morning
15:34 wizzyrea while I was working on the nexpress facelift.
15:34 wizzyrea hey I didn't know I could do that!
15:34 wizzyrea ^.^
15:35 matts is now known as matts_away
15:36 wizzyrea a mystery fix eh
15:40 cait I don't get this to work
15:40 cait :(
15:40 cait I am still trying to preselect the active currency when creating a new vendor
15:40 oleonard wizzyrea: Yeah, only I can't figure out when it happened. Maybe ages ago and I never noticed.
15:40 cait can someone check something for me?
15:41 cait because I think now I am going insane
15:41 oleonard Bug 5763 is actually specific to *private* lists.
15:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5763 enhancement, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Add users private list management functionality for administrators
15:41 cait or seeing things that are not really there to be more specific :)
15:41 cait create new vendor - choose different currencies - edit vendor - check if correct currencies are shown
15:42 sophie_m left #koha
15:46 oleonard cait: Yes, the correct currency is shown
15:47 cait hm on summary and edit?
15:47 cait because summary works for me, but not edit
15:48 oleonard On edit and summary
15:48 cait oh
15:48 cait I see how I broke
15:48 cait it
15:48 cait have to commit... before switching to master
15:48 cait thx for checking owen :(
16:01 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7083] Show creator name on list of public lists <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7083>
16:07 melia joined #koha
16:12 francharb left #koha
16:18 rhcl left #koha
16:22 nengard left #koha
16:34 hdl left #koha
16:52 slef hi - can someone help me replicate paul_p's search? I think there are 5 enh bugs seeking cosponsors untouched for more than 9 months.
16:54 paul_p slef: sorry, I must leave *now* you can catch me here if you want tomorrow
16:54 paul_p left #koha
16:55 slef hrm
16:55 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 4161] When adding Vendor default to active currencies <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4161>
16:56 trea is now known as trea-lunch
17:06 oleonard slef: What's the question? Why paul got more results?
17:07 slef oleonard: yeah. I've saved a stalled-enh search. I'm mailing koha-devel now.
17:08 oleonard slef: If you look for /any/ enhancements, without any other limits, you should get 921.
17:10 slef yeah, but if you look for those untouched more than 270 days, you get 40ish
17:10 slef which really isn't "a large part"
17:11 * oleonard gets 307
17:12 oleonard Severity: enhancement, Status: NEW, ASSIGNED, REOPENED, Days since bug changed: (is greater than or equal to) 270
17:13 oleonard Numbers aside, I agree that closing enhancement bugs which are without activity is a bad idea
17:17 sekjal the more that are open, the more likely it is someone can find a report (and any discussion about it) before they go and submit a duplicate
17:17 slef oleonard: strange :-/
17:17 slef sekjal: are you still QAM? If so, I gave you an in
17:17 sekjal slef:  yes, I am QAM for 3.8
17:18 sekjal I'm trying to keep up with the flurry of emails/discussions today
17:19 sekjal last week was manic coding; this week is all discussion and communications
17:19 sekjal very different taste to the work
17:21 rhcl joined #koha
17:21 cait opposite for me - lots of testing the weeks before
17:21 cait some bug fixing today :)
17:21 cait and I agree about not closing bugs
17:21 cait they stop showing up
17:22 cait and there are lots of good ideas floating in bugzilla
17:22 cait we encourage people to use it for ideas and enhancement requests - so we should not close them
17:26 slef Isn't there a RESOLVED LATER or REMIND?
17:27 slef would need to update the enh-howto though
17:29 cait slef: perhaps we could move them all to seek developer?
17:29 cait all that are new and not assigend
17:29 soundwerks joined #koha
17:29 sekjal we need to update the docs on how to submit fixes/enhancements
17:30 sekjal I've got proposals I need to write up and send to the community
17:34 slef sekjal: is there a reason for your suddent outbreak of Top Post Whole Quote?
17:35 sndwrx left #koha
17:35 sekjal slef: on list?
17:35 sekjal I'm not aware of any recent changes, but I can be sure to trim better for future posts
17:36 tcohen left #koha
17:37 slef maybe I've just been ignoring you recently
17:38 slef I tend to ignore people who don't bother to write easy-to-read emails, figuring it's not usually worth trying to understand badly-written stuff.
17:43 tcohen joined #koha
17:45 Oak sekjal++ slef++ cait++
17:45 Oak take a break guys
17:45 Oak have a drink
17:45 slef Oak: heh. too much to do
17:46 Oak :) hm
17:46 Danielle All work and no play makes a dull slef.
17:46 sekjal Oak:  I took a break over the weekend, went to a local Pumpkin Festival
17:46 sekjal it was much fun
17:46 cait pumkin festival?
17:46 Oak that sounds like fun!
17:47 sekjal cait:  yes, a little town up the road was holding one.  everyone brings their carved Halloween Jack o'Lanterns and puts them out on the street for everyone to see
17:47 sekjal lots of food vendors, and music and other performances
17:47 Oak good times
17:48 wizzyrea oleonard: i'm bewildered, why is the Add text bigger on some of those buttons?
17:48 wizzyrea http://catalog-test.nexpressli[…]Alex+Rider&limit=
17:48 wizzyrea sorry, link first
17:49 wizzyrea i'm sure it's something I've done
17:49 wizzyrea but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is
17:49 slef there was a clip on our news of somewhere in the US just tipping a massive pumpkin on the floor from a forklift 4m-or-so up
17:49 cait very pretty!
17:50 oleonard wizzyrea: The "log in to add tags" text?
17:50 wizzyrea yea
17:50 wizzyrea well the add button
17:50 slef Danielle: I'm off to play on Wednesday.
17:50 wizzyrea oh, sec log in/out derr
17:50 sekjal pumpkins are in a bit of short supply this year, due to Hurricane Irene
17:51 * wizzyrea went to the pumpkin patch this weekend too
17:51 wizzyrea very dusty
17:51 wizzyrea but there was cider and kettle corn
17:52 wizzyrea
17:52 wizzyrea OH
17:52 wizzyrea asking the question then seeing the problem ftw
17:52 wizzyrea the smaller ones have tags already
17:52 wizzyrea interesting.
17:52 wahanui rumour has it interesting is sometimes bad or sometimes good
17:53 wizzyrea wahanui botsnack cookie
17:53 wahanui thanks wizzyrea :)
17:54 wizzyrea I see, Tags has a span, but New tag does not
17:57 rhcl left #koha
17:59 cait inconsistencies--
18:00 trea-lunch is now known as trea
18:01 cait hi trea :)
18:02 trea hi cait
18:26 wizzyrea lol!
18:26 slef copy-paste error :)
18:26 wizzyrea uh huh
18:36 Oak hover color for the horizontal navigation buttons on top-left could be this: #A7DA47
18:36 Oak talking about http://catalog-test.nexpressli[…]Alex+Rider&limit=#
18:38 Oak plus the Cart button is also greenish
18:38 Oak so may look good
18:38 Oak well, not greenish,
18:38 Oak it *is* green
18:38 Oak will stop now
18:39 Oak stupid
18:39 Oak left #koha
18:40 chris_n` joined #koha
18:40 chris_n is now known as Guest14612
18:40 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
18:44 wizzyrea lol, ok.
18:44 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7084] New Tag on results display missing results_summary class, causing display inconsistency <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7084>
18:46 Guest14612 left #koha
18:56 rhcl joined #koha
19:01 wizzyrea christ. This is what I get for trying to do anything on a monday.
19:04 tcohen left #koha
19:05 nengard joined #koha
19:12 Danielle \o
19:12 Danielle wizzyrea: Meep?
19:12 cait wizzyreal kohadevsnack cookies
19:12 cait hm
19:12 cait wizzyrea kohadevsnack cookies
19:13 wizzyrea mee?
19:13 wizzyrea meep?
19:14 wizzyrea hehe
19:14 Danielle wizzyrea: My sympathies, really. I walked in to have the fun of dealing with a jboss issue.
19:14 wizzyrea ew
19:14 Danielle Also made my manager's day that much more interesting by telling him that I'm leaving.
19:16 Danielle On the plus side, it's the sort of place that everyone agrees they'd jump at the opportunity if it came their way, so... :)
19:20 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6994] 'No budget defined' showing up although budgets and funds are defined <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6994>
19:38 cait hm
19:38 cait someone around who can test order search in acq on 3.6?
19:38 cait I never get results there :(
19:54 jwagner left #koha
20:01 sndwrx joined #koha
20:02 hdl joined #koha
20:05 soundwerks left #koha
20:07 trea left #koha
20:13 collum left #koha
20:13 cait oleonard: as you are here...
20:13 cait could you try a search for orders in acq?
20:13 cait and tell me if you find something?
20:14 oleonard Sorry, my database doesn't have anything in acquisitions at the moment
20:14 cait hm ok
20:14 cait no errors in the logs
20:14 nengard cait i'll search
20:14 cait I wonders what's wrong
20:14 cait oh hi nengard
20:14 cait thx!
20:14 cait I tried a date search from before today to the future
20:14 cait and a word from the title
20:14 cait and got no results
20:15 cait I can receive it, so it is there...
20:15 nengard cait title and author works - will try date
20:15 cait weird!
20:15 sndwrx left #koha
20:15 cait I have only one record in acq so far
20:15 cait wonder if I hit an edge case
20:15 nengard i get results ? with the date range the way you said
20:15 nengard i have a lot in acq maybe that's why?
20:16 cait I will try adding more orders
20:16 cait thx for testing :)
20:25 cait nicole: still around?
20:26 cait what happens here is that my title search on the page does not work (click on advancedsearch on top of acq)
20:26 cait did you try searching there?
20:30 kathryn joined #koha
20:31 trea joined #koha
20:33 oleonard left #koha
20:38 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7084] New Tag on results display missing results_summary class, causing display inconsistency <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7084>
20:38 wizzyrea for real this time.
20:41 Guillaume joined #koha
20:49 NateC left #koha
20:54 nengard left #koha
20:58 melia is now known as melia_lunch
21:00 sndwrx joined #koha
21:06 libsysguy joined #koha
21:06 libsysguy hey #koha
21:08 cait hi libsysguy :)
21:08 libsysguy cait!!
21:08 libsysguy i haven't talked to you in forever :)
21:08 cait yes?
21:08 hdl left #koha
21:08 cait you haven't?
21:08 libsysguy i don't think so
21:09 libsysguy oh…you said hi yesterday right
21:09 wizzyrea maybe you just FEEL disconnected :)
21:09 libsysguy i do feel disconnected…you guys are awesome :D
21:10 cait I am on vacation
21:10 wizzyrea it's ok, I've been sick for days now
21:10 cait so not supposed to be here... I guess...
21:10 libsysguy geez everybody has been gone
21:10 wizzyrea haven't much felt like doing anything
21:10 libsysguy aww but you missed us cait?
21:10 libsysguy poor wizzyrea
21:11 * libsysguy offers wizzyrea soup
21:11 * cait offers wizzyrea cookies
21:11 wizzyrea ah thanks :) I'll live though
21:11 wizzyrea finally getting better now
21:11 druthb left #koha
21:11 slef I think you should only accept cookies for the current session.
21:11 libsysguy ^^ heh
21:12 libsysguy man who would have thought the old saying "never take cookies from strangers" would still apply on the internet
21:13 cait lol
21:18 JesseM left #koha
21:25 Guillaume left #koha
21:26 libsysguy if I wanted to delete all the .po files
21:27 libsysguy what could I do
21:27 libsysguy i tried find -name *.po | xargs rm *
21:27 libsysguy to no avail
21:29 slef leave the second * off
21:29 slef but really you want
21:29 slef find -name '*.po' -exec rm -v '{}' ';'
21:29 slef or: find -name '*.po' -print0 | xargs -0 rm
21:30 slef using only find is a little wasteful on processes
21:30 slef hope that helps
21:31 libsysguy thanks slef
21:31 libsysguy i knew i had run something similar to that before but I just couldn't remember where it found it
21:32 cait libsysguy: not sure you want to delete them really
21:32 cait more you want them to remove from your patch?
21:32 libsysguy well i am getting conflicts when i update to master
21:32 cait in the po files?
21:32 libsysguy so i figured i would just delete them and repull
21:32 cait hm
21:32 cait instead of delete
21:33 cait couldn't you do a checkout from master?
21:33 libsysguy well on my master branch it pulled fine
21:33 libsysguy but when i went to merge with hourly
21:33 libsysguy it had issues
21:35 cait hmm
21:35 cait not sure what's going on there
21:35 cait and how the po files got involved in the first place
21:35 libsysguy yeah i know…I would have expected conflicts from anything but the .po files
21:35 cait ehhe
21:35 cait no
21:35 cait they have been updated
21:35 cait so they should confligt
21:35 cait conflict
21:35 cait that's not surprising
21:35 cait only that you have changes in them is surprising
21:36 libsysguy thats true…i didn't change them
21:36 * libsysguy imagines trying to translate
21:36 * libsysguy imagines failure
21:37 cait hm
21:37 cait not sure what to do
21:37 cait it's probably not your last commit that added them?
21:38 libsysguy maybe?
21:38 eythian I've seen that sort of conflict happen before, never entirely sure where it comes from.
21:39 libsysguy well here is the odd part…i ran the remove bit that slef gave me
21:39 libsysguy then ran a merge
21:39 eythian I think usually I see it when working on forked branches and trying to move from one to the other
21:39 libsysguy still got a conflict
21:39 cait because they are not there
21:39 cait probably
21:39 eythian I'd do git checkout kc/master -- file1.po file2.po etc.
21:39 cait or because you  haven't used git?
21:39 cait eythian's idea sounds good
21:39 eythian or whatever branch it is you're dealing with
21:39 cait hey eythian :)
21:39 eythian hi.
21:39 libsysguy yeah that is probably whats happening eythian
21:39 eythian off to a meeting now
21:39 libsysguy later
21:40 libsysguy cait yeah they weren't there
21:40 cait hm
21:40 libsysguy I remember Ian wanted me to remove them
21:40 cait you could
21:40 slef git checkout is the way
21:40 cait start fresh
21:40 cait from master
21:40 slef ah, sekjal fibs ;-)
21:40 cait and cherry pick the commits over
21:40 cait until you get to the commit
21:40 cait messing with the po files
21:40 slef cait: sounds like a mess
21:40 libsysguy yeah cherrypicking is a pain imo
21:40 cait slef: messy situaton I thinmk
21:40 * sekjal just doesn't want to see changes in any of the .po files when doing a git-diff
21:41 libsysguy haha
21:41 libsysguy oh oh
21:41 libsysguy sekjal
21:41 cait me neither
21:41 libsysguy did you see that commentI added to my shelving location ticket ?
21:41 slef sorry I'm not going to get too involved. I'm still trying to finish work :)
21:41 libsysguy the one to exclude white space when pulling with git
21:41 sekjal libsysguy:  yes
21:42 libsysguy cait I think i got it figured out
21:42 libsysguy sekjal…is that acceptable to do i need to go back and redo all the work in a fresh checkout of that file
21:43 sekjal the shelving location XSLT mod?
21:43 libsysguy yeah
21:43 sekjal I'm not too worried about whitespace changes
21:43 libsysguy i figured paul wouldn't push it since he was the rm if it had those changes
21:44 sekjal would be easy enough to clean up in vi, I tink
21:44 * libsysguy thinks if everybody just used emacs (a superior text editor) we wouldn't have this issue :p
21:44 libsysguy i kidd
21:44 cait @wunder Konstanz
21:44 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 7.3�C (11:39 PM CEST on October 24, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 87%. Dew Point: 5.0�C. Windchill: 7.0�C. Pressure: 29.75 in 1007.3 hPa (Steady).
21:44 cait @wunder Reutlingen
21:44 huginn cait: The current temperature in Reutlingen, Germany is 9.2�C (11:43 PM CEST on October 24, 2011). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 37%. Dew Point: -5.0�C. Windchill: 9.0�C. Pressure: 28.44 in 963.0 hPa (Steady).
21:49 * libsysguy uses git like my own personal undo button
21:53 slef libsysguy: git-blame-mode FTW!
21:53 slef libsysguy: seriously, do you use Emacs?
21:55 libsysguy yes I do…are you a VI user?
21:55 sekjal night, all!
21:56 slef sometimes, but I'm a heavy emacs use
21:56 sekjal left #koha
21:56 libsysguy YAYY!!! im not the only one
21:56 slef I'm an agnostic... Emacs, vi, ed, Wily, jed, nano...
21:56 libsysguy seems like everybody uses VI
21:56 libsysguy the only thing i am good at doing in VI is :q
21:56 slef I'm typing this in Emacs, actually.
21:56 slef :q!
21:57 libsysguy :q ftw
21:57 libsysguy ok gotta run…talk to you guys later/tomorrow
21:57 slef bah, just pkill -9 vi from another terminal
21:57 slef ttyl
21:58 libsysguy haha slef ftw
21:58 libsysguy later
21:58 libsysguy is now known as libsysguy_gym
21:58 maximep left #koha
21:58 eythian libsysguy_gym: you should run through the git tutorial, it's a good place to start.
22:00 libsysguy_gym left #koha
22:03 rhcl eythian: which git tutorial? This one (calls itself the "official" tutorial)??
22:04 eythian rhcl: I meant vim tutorial :)
22:04 eythian It's just too early on what is morally a monday for me
22:04 rhcl ah, oh, ok
22:05 rhcl well, clearly you need some coffee
22:05 rhcl :)
22:05 * eythian is largely caffiene free :)
22:05 rhcl ah, oh, ok
22:08 eythian I just had a crappy night's sleep really, hoping today mostly involves work I can just zone out and do.
22:08 rhcl I sleep quite poorly just about always.
22:08 trea is now known as trea-away
22:08 melia_lunch is now known as melia
22:19 Irma left #koha
22:33 Irma joined #koha
22:49 trea-away left #koha
22:58 rhcl is now known as rhcl_away
23:50 Irma left #koha
23:52 Judit joined #koha
23:52 Judit hi
23:59 eythian hi
23:59 * cait waves

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary