IRC log for #koha, 2011-08-09

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:03 Irma joined #koha
00:04 Judit joined #koha
00:04 Judit hullo
00:06 eythian hi
00:06 Judit did you break anything recently eythian?
00:07 eythian certainly not
00:08 Judit :)
00:08 Judit unusual
00:11 eythian in fact, I'm making less things broken.
00:12 eythian fighting the fight against thermodynamics
00:31 Judit so
00:31 Judit i have a nice question here
00:32 Judit i edited a framework
00:32 Judit added, removed subfields, changed the hidden status etc
00:32 Judit but
00:32 Judit when i go to cataloging
00:32 Judit it is not showing the correct fields
00:33 Judit some which are not there- not supposed to be there
00:33 Judit some should be there/ not showing
00:34 Judit rangi suggested to restart the memcache -done, but still the same
00:35 Judit
00:54 luisb joined #koha
01:00 druthb left #koha
01:01 mtj Judit:  is your system running memcached?
01:02 Judit yes
01:03 mtj does the same bug exist without memcached?
01:30 Judit1 joined #koha
01:30 Judit left #koha
01:45 phlunk3 joined #koha
01:47 phlunk3 hi guys, I am trying to change the setting "opachiddenitems" so that it won't show items 'where  itemcallnumber is like "RES%"' (pretend its sql ? :P). can anyone tell me how to do this with yaml?
01:48 rangi hmm, not off the top of my head i suspect someone from biblibre could, but they will all be asleep
02:09 phlunk3 have now changed the setting properly to exclude a simple column = value, but this doesnt seem to work, do we need to re-index data or so after changing that setting?
02:48 rangi crap, ec2 is down
02:53 eythian like, all of it?
02:56 rangi seems to be a good chunk o fit
02:56 rangi  <-- down
02:56 eythian[…]n-vending-machine
02:57 rangi lol
02:58 phlunk3 lol
02:59 phlunk3 ec2 == amazon btw?
03:00 eythian yeah
03:01 rangi yep
03:09 bg ah it's back up now
03:09 bg or maybe it's working for me - is a better statement
03:14 rangi yep its back now
03:15 rangi[…]mazon-ec2-outage/
03:15 rangi 40 mins
03:44 paulnz joined #koha
03:44 rangi hi paulnz
03:45 paulnz howdy
03:45 wahanui salut, paulnz
03:46 paulnz wotcher wahanui
03:47 paulnz any ideas on why i can't create new item types - haven;t had any suggestions via email
03:47 rangi hmm no, ill have a look tho
03:47 rangi all is quiet at waitaki, so i can do that
03:48 paulnz oh, has it been not quiet?
03:48 rangi go live today
03:49 paulnz really - nice one
03:49 rangi no big issues, a few little queries, but all in all pretty smooth
03:49 paulnz sounds a familiar story ;)
03:50 paulnz how about our authentication stuff - still posing some problems?
03:50 rangi yeah, i havent had a chance to poke at the routing again
03:50 rangi ill try to do that tonight or tomorrow night
03:50 rangi dont like to do it when the library is open
03:52 paulnz fair enough
03:54 rangi whats an itemtype you were trying to create?
03:57 paulnz free dvd - FDVD code, 1 week no rental charge
03:57 rangi cool thanks
04:02 rangi thats a weird one alright, no errors, just nothing added
04:08 paulnz yup - just doesn't want to play along
04:12 rangi right i think i fixed it, can you try now please?
04:15 paulnz claps and cheers
04:22 paulnz Thanks - will leave you to your routing now. see ya
04:23 rangi :) cya
04:24 paulnz left #koha
04:30 phlunk3 sorry to ask again, but dont suppose anyone is around who knows if I need to rebuild an index or so after updating the setting of "opachiddenitems" to exclude some search results?
04:45 Irma left #koha
04:53 duen joined #koha
04:54 duen hi
04:55 duen i have some problem after install koha3.01.03  on ubuntu 10.10 , it cannot
04:55 duen it shown localhost that it works but don't have anything
04:56 eythian the first question is why you would pick a strange version like that. 3.4.3 is the current stable release
04:56 duen have anyone have ideas to solves this problme
04:56 duen sorryy 3.4.3 not 3.1.3
04:57 eythian OK, cool
04:57 duen i miss spelling
04:58 eythian how did you install it? Did you use packages, or did you use the tar.gz download from the site, or did you use git?
04:59 phlunk3 left #koha
04:59 duen i follow[…]ntation%2F&anno=2
05:00 duen
05:01 duen fresh ubuntu desktop 10.10
05:01 eythian which page there, there's a lot of documentation on that page.
05:02 duen sorry , that[…]ki/Koha_on_Ubuntu
05:03 eythian OK. So what isn't working? And what happens when you try it?
05:06 duen left #koha
05:29 cait joined #koha
05:32 cait hi #koha
05:47 druthb joined #koha
05:53 druthb left #koha
06:16 BobB joined #koha
06:23 alex_a hi #koha
06:27 cait left #koha
06:30 lds joined #koha
06:38 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
06:52 julian joined #koha
06:52 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
06:53 julian hi #koha
06:57 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
06:59 matts_away is now known as matts
07:10 Irma joined #koha
07:10 magnuse kia ora Irma
07:10 Irma Hi there magnuse :-)
07:10 Irma How are you doing?
07:10 magnuse fine, thanks!
07:10 Irma Good to "hear"!
07:11 magnuse excited that the debian packages are soon about to have translations!
07:11 magnuse and yerself?
07:11 paul_p joined #koha
07:12 Irma My eldest daughter is in Sydney visiting
07:12 paul_p hello every body
07:12 magnuse kia ora paul_p
07:12 Irma hello paul_p Ca Va?
07:13 Irma As tu pris des vacances avec ta famille?
07:14 druthb joined #koha
07:14 Irma magnuse so she is returning to London on Friday but it was great to have her here. The lucky girl saw a large whale breaching yesterday ...
07:14 magnuse yay!
07:14 druthb o/
07:14 magnuse \o
07:14 magnuse that's early, druthb? or late?
07:15 Irma magnuse have you done any AmLib conversion to Koha?
07:15 Judit1 left #koha
07:15 druthb early.  I slept most all afternoon yesterday, so my body is saying "no mores!"
07:16 magnuse Irma: AmLib? never heard of it... norwegian libraries use norwegian systems almost exclusively...
07:16 Irma Actually I would be very interested if anyone has and if they could share some info about the data migration ...
07:17 Irma
07:17 Irma thanks magnuse...
07:18 druthb Irma:  I've not done an AmLib migration yet, either.
07:18 Irma thanks druthb
07:18 sophie_m joined #koha
07:18 druthb Just about everything else under the sn in the US market, but not that one.
07:18 druthb s/sn/sun/
07:18 Irma Ah ha
07:19 Irma what about before your time at bywater? druthb
07:20 druthb nope.  Before I was here, I was involved in a number of Horizon->LEKish migrations, but no AmLibs.
07:20 paul_p hi Irma holiday starts on friday for me. I go here: http://www.saint-avit-loisirs.[…]98490326a9a68b55/
07:21 Irma Merci merci! druthb
07:21 druthb no problem, Irma!  Am I going to get to meet you in India?
07:21 paul_p druthb, how many from bywater come to India ?
07:21 Irma yes we are going to KohaCon2012
07:22 paul_p BibLibre=> 3 = me, Francois Charbonnier (librarian, project manager) and Julian Maurice (developer)
07:22 druthb paul_p:  Four, is the current plan--me, bg, sekjal, and JesseM
07:22 Irma paul_p Great place! Your kids must be so excited!
07:22 paul_p Irma, yep
07:22 magnuse Irma: KohaCon2011 first, probably? ;-)
07:22 Irma and hopefully a bit of R&R for the parents ;-)
07:22 paul_p magnuse, right ;-)
07:23 Irma R&R = rest and recreation
07:23 druthb It will be good to see you again, paul_p.  I look a little different than I did in plano. :)
07:23 paul_p druthb, I know.
07:23 druthb ...and I've been told, Irma, that I should very much look forward to meeting I am!  :)
07:23 Irma Hope I live up to the expectations ;-)
07:24 Irma ciao all ... talk soon
07:24 magnuse c ya!
07:31 paul_p left #koha
07:37 druthb left #koha
07:40 paul_p joined #koha
07:44 magnuse eythian++ # for being awesome
08:30 kf joined #koha
08:30 kf morning #koha
09:30 magnuse hiya kf
09:30 kf hi magnuse
09:38 duen joined #koha
09:40 duen hi eythian
09:41 * kf is not eythian but says hi :)
09:42 duen ok
09:42 duen my computer had break because  electricity off
09:44 paul_p computers works poorly without elerctricity, it's right ;-)
09:44 paul_p (hi kf & duen )
09:44 duen for my question have any one have an ideas,  I had follow[…]ki/Koha_on_Ubuntu with fresh ubuntu 10.10 but it cannot run Admin Page or client page
09:45 duen hi paul all shout down
09:55 kf hi paul_p
09:55 kf what is the message you get?
09:55 kf and client page = opac?
09:56 paul_p (duen, kf questions are for you, not for me ;-) )
09:58 rangi edgar-- #no need to be rude to people trying to help
10:00 kf hm speaking not about edgar but about the problem in general
10:00 kf I think perhaps it should not be a syspref
10:00 kf but a permission
10:00 kf to determine if you are allowed to see all baskets or only your own
10:00 kf and this should be checked before you can see the basket?
10:00 rangi yep
10:00 kf would this work?
10:00 rangi yes
10:01 kf ok
10:01 lds1 joined #koha
10:01 lds left #koha
10:01 rangi just like budgets/funds
10:01 kf so I am going there and will add this to the bug...
10:01 kf so you could try to access a wrong bug by changing the url but you woudl get to the login page - not being authorized
10:04 magnuse probably not the login page?
10:05 magnuse but some page saying you don't have access to this basket?
10:06 kf I think that's what happens now if you don't pass the auth test with permissions
10:06 kf I am open for nicer pages and messages ;)
10:07 kf but you are right of course :)
10:07 magnuse nah, just guessing...
10:07 kf now I can't find my own bug
10:07 kf hmpf
10:08 kf paul_p: could you take a look at bug 6414?
10:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6414 major, P5, ---, henridamien, NEW , actual price not recorded when ordering
10:08 kf ah wrong bug, one second
10:09 kf paul_p: meant bug 4831
10:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4831 critical, P1, ---, henridamien, NEW , Actual Price being ignored after receive
10:14 * paul_p head to grab some food for lunch. kf, will look after lunch
10:16 magnuse and while we a re filling paul_p's plate there is also bug 6537 ;-)
10:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6537 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , Simplified sysprefs for the web installer
10:17 kf hehe
10:19 lds joined #koha
10:19 lds1 left #koha
10:20 matts is now known as matts_away
10:21 rangi paul_p: hmm i dont think jcrockett was spamming
10:22 rangi those links are relevant to the proposal that they added, im undoing it, and unblocking them
10:29 duen left #koha
10:43 paul_p rangi, you're probably right. I missed that Reno Tahoe is the name of the airport. I Apologize
10:44 rangi no worries, yeah reno is the name of the town
10:44 rangi tahoe is a lake near it
10:45 magnuse and a car ;-)
10:45 rangi heh
10:49 rangi nice enough place, im still voting for UK though :)
10:50 rangi 2009 isnt that long ago
10:50 kf uk++ :)
10:50 magnuse uk++ ;-)
10:56 kf how long until the deadline runs out? :P
10:56 magnuse 1. september
11:01 kf ah... not that long
11:02 magnuse nope
11:07 kf hehe
11:08 magnuse time flies...
11:10 druthb joined #koha
11:10 druthb o/
11:10 rangi hi druthb
11:11 druthb hi, rangi! :D
11:12 kf hi druthb :)
11:12 magnuse \o
11:12 * magnuse needs some lunch
11:13 druthb hi, kf and magnuse
11:18 paul_p UK++ I agree. But a little bit more info from slef would be useful
11:19 rangi ok, time for sleep
11:19 kf he added a lot of information to the wiki last year
11:20 rangi have a good day all
11:21 kf bye rangi
11:22 magnuse and i think the coop had to endorse the bid before he could be too specific?
11:23 kf yep
11:23 kf we could ask him next time he shows up
11:25 jwagner joined #koha
11:26 * kf kf_afk
11:26 kf is now known as kf_afk
11:46 matts_away is now known as matts
11:58 paul_p magnuse, if you sign-off my follow-up, we can move to "signed-off" for this one ;-)
11:58 magnuse paul_p: cool" a little busy right now, but i'll get to it!
12:03 NateC joined #koha
12:05 magnuse paul_p: looking at it now, looks fine
12:06 paul_p hello NateC & jwagner . Good morning
12:06 jwagner Bonjour paul_p
12:06 NateC Hi paul_p!
12:07 oleonard joined #koha
12:09 oleonard Hi #koha
12:11 kf_afk is now known as kf
12:11 magnuse paul_p: signed off on your followup!
12:21 kf magnuse++
12:31 magnuse paul_p++ # for signing off
12:32 kf another cool thing for 3.4
12:32 kf and I can stop complaining to people that miss to add sysprefs to all sql files :)
12:35 JesseM joined #koha
12:35 kf hi JesseM
12:35 JesseM Hi kf!
12:36 paul_p hi JesseM
12:36 JesseM hi paul_p
12:43 tcohen joined #koha
12:47 Irma left #koha
12:50 BobB left #koha
13:23 oleonard Congratulations to ByWater:[…]d-implementation/
13:23 wizzyrea ckls++
13:24 wizzyrea only one more to go. :)
13:25 kf left #koha
13:25 kf joined #koha
13:25 magnuse yay!
13:25 magnuse one more?
13:25 wahanui it has been said that one more is better than one less but yeah they should be the same
13:27 kf sometimes his wisdom scares me
13:27 magnuse yeah...
13:27 wizzyrea one more system in kansas that is using Koha that still needs to be upgraded to current. :)
13:33 Agent_Dani infobots are good for that.
13:36 wizzyrea the irony is of course that he learns it all from humans. ;)
13:36 wizzyrea so human wisdom sometimes scares you.
13:36 Agent_Dani Only sometimes?
13:37 oleonard It's not so much our wisdom as our power of interpretation, like reading a fortune cookie.
13:37 wizzyrea depends on the day >.>
13:41 wizzyrea oleonard++ yes, that
13:49 nengard joined #koha
13:58 paul_p oleonard, about 5438 (ext patron attributes display) = there is no updatedatabase if I'm not wrong.
13:58 paul_p was it intended ?
13:58 paul_p oleonard, forget my question
13:59 paul_p sorry I really need 2 weeks of holiday (atomicupdate)
14:06 wizzyrea jcamins:[…]28Budget+Bytes%29
14:27 Barrc joined #koha
14:27 Barrc Does anyone remember doing a 2.2.x upgrade to 3.0? I am following this: but something is missing!
14:31 wizzyrea how are you getting hung up?
14:33 Barrc I know it going to be stupid but I can't see anywhere on that page where I should actually install the 3.0 files
14:34 Barrc there is nowhere to run any 'make' or 'make install'. Therefor I can't see how to get the base 3.0 directory structure in place?
14:34 nengard is anyone having trouble in FF adding attachments to bugs when reporting them?
14:34 nengard I can add them after I report, but not on new bugs
14:34 nengard but attach button doesn't do anything for me
14:36 wizzyrea Barrc: oof, yea, that page really needs some attention.
14:37 wizzyrea i'm not familiar in any significant way with 2.2
14:37 Barrc wizzyrea: Me neither! That's the problem.....!
14:38 libsysguy joined #koha
14:38 libsysguy morning #Koha
14:39 Agent_Dani Hi libsysguy
14:39 * libsysguy looks around...its quiet today
14:42 nengard yes very
14:42 wizzyrea hi libsysguy
14:42 paul_p hi libsysguy what kind of quietness ? on IRC ?
14:42 druthb hi, libsysguy!
14:43 libsysguy paul_p: yeah
14:43 libsysguy but it looks like everybody perked up
14:43 nengard got a question
14:43 paul_p well, we work hard, so we don't have time to chat ;-)
14:43 paul_p (/me does QA this -european- afternoon)
14:43 nengard someone changed the email labels on the patron add form to 'primary' and 'secondary' - but didn't do the phone numbers - do we know why?
14:43 paul_p nengard, yes, because we did that ;-)
14:44 nengard why not the phone labels?
14:44 nengard I love the change
14:44 nengard and want to do make the same one to the phones
14:44 nengard (which I will if no one objects)
14:44 wizzyrea we use jquery to change them at NEKLS
14:44 wizzyrea to primary/secondary
14:44 nengard yep
14:44 paul_p because all emails are sent by default to the 1st email. And sometimes, the main email had to be entered as "personal", and it was the school one (so a "professional")
14:45 nengard does anyone object to me changing the phone labels?
14:45 paul_p I think it can be changes in phone as well (except for mobile, which is clear enough)
14:45 paul_p s/changes/changed/
14:45 nengard paul_p my home phone is my mobile phone
14:45 nengard so having primary secondary and other phone would probably be best
14:46 paul_p mmm... you're probably right.
14:46 paul_p as most ppl give their mobile as 1st, as it's where you can find them everytime.
14:48 wizzyrea my opinion is that the number that goes on the slip/receipt is the one that we should favor, and primary/secondary accomplishes that
14:49 wizzyrea no matter what secondary designation it carries (is it a home/cell/work phone)
14:49 wizzyrea (I submit we don't care what kind of phone it is, only that it's the one where we contact the patron)
14:50 jwagner any z39.50 experts around?  Trying to figure out how to send a search with left-truncation.  001 field has OCLC number which might start with either ocm or ocn -- I want to just send the actual number.
14:51 jwagner I found reference to[…]-July/001664.html in the file, but don't understand a word of it...
14:52 nengard okay, i'm updating it now
14:52 nengard patch coming
14:58 kf @wunder Konstanz
14:58 huginn kf: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 18.9�C (4:55 PM CEST on August 09, 2011). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 55%. Dew Point: 10.0�C. Pressure: 30.14 in 1020.5 hPa (Steady).
14:58 druthb @wunder intercourse, PA
14:59 huginn druthb: The current temperature in, New Holland, Pennsylvania is 24.8�C (10:58 AM EDT on August 09, 2011). Conditions: Rain. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 21.0�C. Pressure: 29.58 in 1001.6 hPa (Falling).
14:59 libsysguy @wunder 75799
14:59 huginn libsysguy: The current temperature in South Central Tyler, TYLER, Texas is 30.2�C (9:58 AM CDT on August 09, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 68%. Dew Point: 24.0�C. Pressure: 29.87 in 1011.4 hPa (Steady). Heat advisory in effect until 8 PM CDT Wednesday...
14:59 * libsysguy is going to be hot :'(
14:59 druthb awwww
14:59 Agent_Dani @wunder 27707
14:59 huginn Agent_Dani: The current temperature in Rockwood, Durham, North Carolina is 30.1�C (10:51 AM EDT on August 09, 2011). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 62%. Dew Point: 22.0�C. Pressure: 29.68 in 1005.0 hPa (Rising).
15:00 Agent_Dani Huh...sounds like the Bulls game might be a might uncomfortable tonight.
15:01 druthb is now known as druthb_away
15:03 libsysguy ok IRC newb question
15:03 libsysguy how do you change your username on the fly
15:03 libsysguy like druthb just did
15:05 Agent_Dani /nick [newname]
15:05 libsysguy w00t
15:05 libsysguy thanks Agent_Dani
15:06 Agent_Dani Welcome.
15:06 libsysguy is now known as libsysguy_away
15:12 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5910] Authorities : allow users to search on all auth types <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5910>
15:14 Johnindy joined #koha
15:14 druthb joined #koha
15:17 rhcl_away is now known as rhcl
15:19 druthb_away left #koha
15:21 druthb1 joined #koha
15:24 oakivil joined #koha
15:24 nengard patch written and sent
15:24 oakivil hello Koha
15:24 libsysguy_away is now known as libsysguy
15:26 druthb left #koha
15:29 julian left #koha
15:34 sekjal joined #koha
15:34 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5252] Emails & Phones On Patron Add/Edit form <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5252>
15:34 sekjal @quote 123
15:34 huginn sekjal: I've exhausted my database of quotes
15:35 druthb1 @quote get 123
15:35 huginn druthb1: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
15:36 sekjal thanks, druthb1!
15:36 druthb1 :)
15:37 kf hi druthb1 :)
15:37 druthb1 hi
15:37 wahanui hey, druthb1
15:37 druthb1 wahanui: botsnack cookie
15:37 wahanui thanks druthb1 :)
15:38 nengard uh oh - rough day sekjal?
15:38 sekjal I forgot how to use huginn
15:38 druthb1 @quote get 102
15:38 huginn druthb1: Quote #102: "<druthb> harrrumph!" (added by gmcharlt at 07:42 PM, November 11, 2010)
15:39 alex_a is now known as alex_away
15:39 matts is now known as matts_away
15:39 nengard sekjal i meant cause of your choice of quote
15:39 sekjal oh, no just sharing with our friends at GMC
15:39 sekjal I like that one a lot
15:39 nengard :) hi GMC!!!
15:41 oleonard GMC = GlobalMegaCorp?
15:41 * kf waves
15:42 nengard Green Mountain College
15:43 clarkc joined #koha
15:43 clarkc left #koha
15:44 druthb1 hi, Green Mountain!  :D
15:44 * druthb1 waves at Cail at Green Mountain, just because!
15:51 sekjal okay, starting in on circ/holds practice.  be back later, I think
15:51 sekjal left #koha
16:07 nengard is now known as nengard_lunch
16:15 druthb1 left #koha
16:17 kf bye
16:17 kf left #koha
16:18 druthb joined #koha
16:22 paul_p ouch, something like 10 patches QAed this afternoon... it's really interesting, but need a lot of concentration and i'm exhausted/very tired now !
16:29 * jwagner sends paul_p a stiff drink
16:31 paul_p stiff ?
16:35 oleonard In this context stiff = lots of alcohol
16:48 cait joined #koha
16:48 cait hi #koha
16:55 rhcl hi #cait
16:56 oleonard "Your branch and 'origin/master' have diverged, and have 1 and 372 different commit(s) each, respectively."
16:56 oleonard Yeah, I guess I let that one go a little...
17:08 cait oh
17:08 cait maybe a little :)
17:11 paul_p jwagner, = just FYI, I don't drink alcohol (I'm ill when I do). but thanks for the virtual gift ;-)
17:12 paul_p ok, time to go back home.
17:12 cait have a nice evening
17:12 jwagner Sometimes it's the thought that counts :-)
17:13 oakivil I cant find the *.csv template file to import patrons from our existing system
17:13 oakivil not from the internet
17:13 oakivil or the downloaded package
17:15 oleonard oakivil: It's linked to from the Import patrons page: /cgi-bin/koha/tools/
17:17 oakivil got it
17:18 nengard_lunch is now known as nengard
17:21 libsysguy is now known as libsysguy_away
17:28 lds left #koha
17:34 nengard for those of you on facebook:[…]4&type=1&comments  -- bengard is famous :)
17:36 nengard time to give an oss webinar
17:36 nengard be back
17:36 nengard left #koha
17:40 NateC left #koha
17:43 sekjal joined #koha
17:44 sophie_m left #koha
17:44 NateC joined #koha
18:00 wizzyrea can one restore items from deleted items?
18:03 cait in theory yes
18:03 wizzyrea hmm
18:03 wizzyrea has anyone ever done it :P
18:03 cait I think you can't do it right now - there is no feature for it
18:03 wizzyrea cuz uh
18:03 cait not sure abou tthe sql
18:04 wizzyrea we have some items that ... how to say
18:04 wizzyrea someone batch deleted 5 years of people magazine.
18:04 wizzyrea sigh.
18:04 wizzyrea wtg.
18:06 libsysguy_away aww poor wizzyrea
18:06 wizzyrea wasn't me that deleted them :P
18:06 wizzyrea rather, I did not delete them
18:06 libsysguy_away well i know how to do it in oracly
18:06 libsysguy_away oracle**
18:07 libsysguy_away but i don't think mysql has the commit function...
18:08 cait hm I thin it has something
18:08 libsysguy_away oh it does[…].0/en/commit.html
18:11 jcamins_away wizzyrea: that looks amazing.
18:11 wizzyrea I know!
18:12 * cait blames wizzyrea
18:12 * cait had gnocchi for dinner
18:12 wizzyrea oh nice
18:12 bg yeah using commit at 3am makes all the difference :D
18:12 cait not self made - will save that for weekend
18:14 luisb left #koha
18:17 jcamins_away libsysguy_away: MySQL using InnoDB has transactions, but you can't roll back an arbitrary transaction sometime in the past.
18:17 libsysguy_away yeah you have to have that flag set
18:18 libsysguy_away to stop auto-committing right
18:18 jcamins_away libsysguy_away: or use start transaction explicitly.
18:18 * jcamins_away enjoys the fact that two _away people are talking to each other. :)
18:19 * libsysguy_away also finds this humorous
18:21 libsysguy_away i was just going to let wizzyrea know that she can set a delay on her big transactions
18:21 * wizzyrea ponders this
18:21 jcamins_away Ah. That would be tricky.
18:21 jcamins_away Though I would love to see Koha start taking advantage of transactions.
18:22 libsysguy_away that would be coo
18:22 libsysguy_away cool**
18:22 jcamins_away Wow...
18:22 jcamins_away primo--
18:23 jcamins_away I thought the old version of Primo was bad, but the new version truly is light years ahead in the badness competition.
18:23 oleonard Would transactions interfere with making Koha more db-agnostic?
18:24 jcamins_away oleonard: not if they were implemented properly, using a DB interface layer.
18:24 libsysguy_away ^^ likes this
18:24 libsysguy_away abstraction++
18:24 * jcamins_away does not think $dbh->execute("START TRANSACTION;") would be a good idea in any situation.
18:25 libsysguy_away is now known as libsysguy
18:25 libsysguy I I just thought about how awesome Koha would be in all OOP
18:25 jcamins_away This is truly the WORST INTERFACE EVER!!!
18:25 gmcharlt yep, that would normally be handled slighly higher up the stack
18:25 libsysguy or an MVC style
18:26 jcamins_away It's a library catalog. Shouldn't it provide an interface to the records?
18:26 cait hm, any other option to get the items back from delitems ?
18:27 jcamins_away How could anyone think this horror is a good idea? NOTIS was more functional.
18:27 libsysguy jcamins_away: linky?
18:27 gmcharlt the EBCDIC aside]\
18:27 jcamins_away libsysguy:[…]vid=NYURD&tab=all
18:27 jcamins_away gmcharlt: have you seen Primo's support for non-Roman character sets?
18:27 jcamins_away Pitiful!
18:28 lds joined #koha
18:28 gmcharlt jcamins_away: no, I haven't.  How bad is it?
18:28 jcamins_away I figured out how to view a record, but it should not have taken me several minutes of frustration.
18:28 jcamins_away gmcharlt: think Zebra-with-NKFD-encoding.
18:29 jcamins_away (for those who don't know, Zebra and NKFD encoding have a hate-hate relationship)
18:29 jcamins_away Wait, I put the K in the wrong place, didn't I?
18:29 jcamins_away NFKD.
18:31 gmcharlt jcamins_away: yeah, I didn't think that the New Hackensack Fire Department had anything to do with Zebra ;)
18:31 jcamins_away I combined NFKD with NKVD.
18:32 wizzyrea norse fowl kicking ducks?
18:32 jcamins_away Hehe.
18:33 jcamins_away At least NKVD was a logical abbreviation to confuse NFKD with. :)
18:33 jcamins_away Both are evil, and in neither case do you want them in your library records. ;)
18:34 gmcharlt hmm, I should figure out a good use for
18:34 jcamins_away Thank you folks, I'll be here all day. Don't forget to tip your waitstaff.
18:35 gmcharlt not that the NKVD is really a laughing matter
18:35 jcamins_away No, of course not.
18:36 druthb is now known as druthb_lunch
18:37 jcamins_away And, with that, I'm off to OCR some Russian texts.
18:40 oleonard Him and his always off to OCR some Russian texts...
18:52 druthb_lunch left #koha
18:54 druthb joined #koha
19:03 oleonard Hmm... It doesn't look like checkouts are getting put in the action log
19:10 cait hm
19:10 cait I thought they were
19:11 lds left #koha
19:11 cait I have some module = circulation action = issue
19:12 oleonard Hm, so do I. I guess the log viewer just isn't finding them
19:12 cait but that's good
19:12 cait so no data lost
19:12 wizzyrea i don't think i've ever gotten the log viewer to work >.<
19:12 cait hm I use it a lot
19:12 wizzyrea too much data, it times out
19:13 wizzyrea or something
19:13 wahanui it has been said that something is not right... :/
19:13 cait ah
19:13 wizzyrea forget something
19:13 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot something
19:13 cait much smaller libraries :)
19:13 wizzyrea something is <reply>
19:13 cait wizzyrea?
19:13 wahanui wizzyrea is amazing!
19:13 cait :)
19:13 cait he is so right
19:13 wizzyrea amazing might be a stretch. ;)
19:13 wizzyrea but thank you all the same
19:15 luisb joined #koha
19:17 jwagner left #koha
19:17 samerrill joined #koha
19:18 druthb wizzyrea, you are awesome, and it's not a stretch
19:21 * magnuse agrees
19:21 cait :)
19:22 wizzyrea oh my, well thank you
19:22 oleonard What was the recent conversation about the action logs? Whether to store such and such info?
19:23 * oleonard sees magnuse signed off on a log viewer patch a couple of months ago
19:24 cait I think there were some viewing problems with tt
19:24 * magnuse hides
19:24 magnuse ;-)
19:25 oleonard No, magnuse, we're just still waiting for it to pass QA
19:25 * oleonard might find the logs work better after that ;)
19:25 magnuse ah, i thought i did something stupid (again)...
19:26 * magnuse can't remember it off the top of his head...
19:26 oleonard Bug 6460
19:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6460 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, januszop, ASSIGNED , No log generated if Action set to All or Modify or Delete
19:27 * oleonard finds the bug he was looking for: Bug 3820
19:27 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3820 normal, P5, ---, paul.poulain, REOPENED , Members in Log Viewer Showing ?? in UPDATE
19:27 cait ah right
19:27 cait but that is about modifying borrowers
19:31 druthb left #koha
19:33 nengard joined #koha
19:35 tcohen hi oleonard
19:36 tcohen just remembered you used gitorius
19:36 tcohen and wanted to ask what is the workflow
19:36 oakivil left #koha
19:36 tcohen for following koha's master from my own repository there
19:37 oakivil joined #koha
19:37 rangi I just have a master their, that I push to, so I git pull kc/master
19:37 tcohen anyone ?
19:37 rangi git push gitorious
19:38 rangi I do the same with github
19:38 tcohen from my local checkout of origin/master?
19:38 rangi yup
19:39 rangi and I never add any commits to that branch
19:39 rangi its just a copy of koha community master
19:39 * bg has disk one of the two towers playing in the background :)
19:39 tcohen ok, create a repo on gitorius
19:40 tcohen create a local branch following koha's origin/master
19:40 tcohen git push gitorius
19:40 tcohen work against gitorius
19:40 tcohen pull origin/master frecquently
19:40 rangi always branching never push commits
19:40 tcohen and git push gitorius
19:40 rangi to your master
19:41 melia joined #koha
19:41 rangi otherwise it will no longer be a copy and u get mess
19:41 rangi yay its Melia
19:41 cait hi melia
19:42 rangi tcohen: thats my workflow any way, all my work is in topic branches
19:42 rangi named after the bug
19:42 tcohen ok rangi, i'll set everything and come back
19:42 wizzyrea always wondered about the origin of kc. Very obvious now.
19:42 bg heya melia
19:42 melia hi!
19:42 tcohen i've been always working on local branches on my desktop
19:43 rangi yep I just use gitorious as backup
19:43 rangi push to it, so it my desktop dies
19:43 rangi I dont lose it
19:43 tcohen yeap
19:43 rangi and can do work on my laptop too etc
19:44 rangi melia: day 2 eh?
19:44 magnuse git++
19:45 magnuse is now known as magnus_afk
19:46 melia rangi: yes, but no internet at my house yet. so I'm loitering around the coffee shop or just making phone calls until tomorrow. :)
19:47 rangi ahhhh
19:47 rangi how very hipster of you :)
19:48 melia yeah, you know what a hipster I am :)
19:48 rangi Hehe
19:48 sekjal left #koha
19:49 rangi did you hear reed is leaving? off to weta
19:49 rangi but we have managed to steal bugg for the koha team
19:50 cait bugg?
19:50 melia yep, I heard the rumour secretly whispered in advance. :)
19:51 melia I'm hoping he does well and is happy over there.
19:52 rangi yeah me too
19:52 rangi he'll be writing python so that will make him happy
19:53 rangi cait: bugg used to be on the elearning team doing moodle stuffs (and maybe drupal?) now he sits up next to me
19:55 rangi ull see patches from brett soonish :)
19:56 cait :)
19:56 cait someone named bugg should be good at sqashing bugs
19:57 rangi ok my bus stop back soon for a little bit then off to do some training
19:57 bg errr or maybe creating buggs
19:57 sekjal joined #koha
20:01 tcohen stuck trying to push koha's origin/master to gitorius
20:03 tcohen anyone willing to write a short tutorial for working with gitorius/github
20:03 tcohen ?
20:05 magnus_afk git push master github <-- is what i use, i think
20:05 magnus_afk or is it git push github master?
20:05 magnus_afk yeah, that should do it
20:06 tcohen left #koha
20:06 magnus_afk if you have a remote called github, that is...
20:06 rangi yep
20:06 rangi back
20:09 Irma joined #koha
20:12 cait hi Irma
20:12 Irma hi there cait how r u?
20:12 cait i am fine, and you?
20:14 Irma Good thanks :-) I have an early start today so that I can enjoy a few hour off this afternoon with my eldest daughter visiting us from London
20:15 cait :)
20:17 Irma cait was slef around in the last hour or so?
20:17 cait have not seen him today
20:17 oakivil left #koha
20:17 cait @seen slef
20:17 huginn cait: slef was last seen in #koha 6 days, 4 hours, 49 minutes, and 1 second ago: <slef> pabloab: better luck next time
20:18 oakivil joined #koha
20:20 Irma What about Michael J Kaye who works with him?
20:20 cait what's his nick?
20:20 cait perhaps best bet is to drop him an email?
20:20 Irma tried that
20:21 Irma no luck and I don't know his nick either...
20:21 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6686] Can't delete messages <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6686>
20:21 cait hm perhaps he is on vacation?
20:21 melia left #koha
20:21 Irma I might have to go to London with my daughter (leaving on Friday) ;-)
20:22 cait :)
20:22 cait hope we will see us at kohacon in uk next year ;)
20:23 Irma that would be good...
20:24 Irma this reminds me to get my visa for India organised!
20:24 oleonard There's something fishy about the "no cover image available" graphics on this page:
20:25 oleonard Could it be that's the Athens County Libraries logo? :|
20:25 rangi lol
20:25 wizzyrea lulz
20:25 rangi oleonard: i would email savitra
20:25 cait it looks a lot like it
20:26 oleonard I was just wondering who to email. I'll even send the PSD file to create their own
20:26 rangi at least they arent fetching it from your site ;) but email savitra
20:26 rangi hes the boss type dude at osslabs
20:26 rangi its quite pretty apart from that ;)
20:28 * wizzyrea wonders if the ACPL logo means something
20:28 wizzyrea to people in india, or if they just like it because it's purty
20:28 * wizzyrea had never noticed that it was little people reading books
20:28 cait looks a bit like a flower
20:28 wizzyrea that's so cute!
20:28 cait oh!
20:28 oleonard Easier to see in color:
20:29 wizzyrea oleonard was that your doing?
20:29 oleonard No, that was contracted logo design work
20:29 rangi ah even more important they get it sorted out
20:29 wizzyrea mhm
20:29 * rangi starts building new packages for obnam
20:30 * oleonard starts packing up to go home
20:30 oleonard left #koha
20:30 cait ah, too fast again
20:39 jcamins_away Mmm. Ricotta gnocchi. What a delicious-sounding dish.
20:39 cait yes
20:39 * cait puts ricotta on her shopping list
20:40 wizzyrea it's super easy to make if you have milk
20:40 wizzyrea ricotta
20:41 jcamins_away I think I'll pass on anything involving standing over boiling water for the moment, though.
20:41 wizzyrea 2 cups milk, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 4 minutes in the microwave
20:41 wizzyrea pinch of salt
20:41 cait no microwave
20:41 wizzyrea then not as easy for you :P
20:41 cait nope :)
20:42 wizzyrea jcamins_away: no standing over boiling water for this
20:43 cait @wunder Konstanz
20:43 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 12.4�C (10:40 PM CEST on August 09, 2011). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 91%. Dew Point: 11.0�C. Pressure: 30.25 in 1024.3 hPa (Steady).
20:43 cait cold :(
20:43 wizzyrea[…]the-food-lab.html
20:44 jcamins_away Oh, you do it in the microwave? Nifty!
20:44 jcamins_away Of course, there's still the gnocchi cooking.
20:44 wizzyrea oh right
20:44 bg hmm  rangi in stats does it show you the first time your nick appeared in the logs for irc?
20:46 jcamins_away A shame I don't have any milk.
20:47 wizzyrea *nod* same
20:49 jcamins_away I have some lactaid, but I don't think that will work.
20:49 jcamins_away Wait, maybe I mean lactase. I always get those confused.
20:50 jcamins_away No, I meant lactaid.
20:50 wizzyrea in the comments
20:50 wizzyrea it says "I just tried this with organic valley 1% lactose free milk... turned out great"
20:53 jcamins_away It does?
20:53 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6690] If multiple issues are received in, changing the status of any issue changes the date of the first issue. <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6690>
20:53 jcamins_away wizzyrea++ # for wise ricotta advice
20:54 bg nice frodo just got away by hiding under his cloak :)
20:55 rangi bg: nope i dont think it does
20:55 jcamins_away bg: you can use the search, though.
20:56 bg ah bummer
20:56 bg but jcamins_away that makes a lot a sense
20:56 jcamins_away bg: looks like the first time you said something as bg was 2011-02-15.
20:56 bg I think owen was like 2003 maybe?
20:56 jcamins_away bg: that's when you stopped being bgallagher.
20:57 bg ah I was originally brendan - maybe 2008
20:57 bg I was a slow one to get into IRC
20:57 jcamins_away bg: owen predated logbot.
21:00 JesseM @seen bgallagher
21:00 huginn JesseM: bgallagher was last seen in #koha 7 weeks, 6 days, 18 hours, 24 minutes, and 56 seconds ago: <bgallagher> hi
21:01 * bg misses having brendan - that was nice and easy
21:01 wizzyrea i'm glad to have a nick that no one wants
21:01 lds joined #koha
21:01 wizzyrea no one *else* wants
21:02 * jcamins_away doesn't generally have to worry either. He's the eldest of the four jcaminses. :)
21:04 cait my real name is always taken :(
21:04 oakivil left #koha
21:04 cait too many duplicates
21:04 cait the public libary in my home town had seven!
21:05 oakivil joined #koha
21:05 rhcl What was the name of the guy from Portugal that used to be on occasionally? Ricardo de Mar... something.
21:06 jcamins_away Ricardo Dias Marques.
21:06 rhcl Ah, yea. Don't see much from him anymore
21:06 bg ah I worked on OpenSUSE instructions with him back in the day
21:06 * gmcharlt is just happy that 'gmcharlt' appears to be globally unique
21:06 bg but we weren't able to get zebra running on OpenSUSE
21:07 rhcl what were the problems w/ zebra & OpenSuse? Something that might be corrected now?
21:07 bg probably
21:07 bg I think that was in 2008 - haven't tried since
21:09 rhcl I'm installing it now.
21:09 rhcl Zebra is a fielded free text indexing and retrieval engine with a Z39.50 front-end. You can use any compatible, commercial, or freeware Z39.50 client to access data stored in Zebra.
21:09 rhcl on OpenSuse 11.4
21:09 jcamins_away zebra?
21:09 wahanui hmmm... zebra is fixable but with support money.
21:09 rhcl it's a standard package
21:09 jcamins_away Hm. That didn't work.
21:09 jcamins_away wahanui: forget Zebra
21:09 wahanui jcamins_away: I forgot zebra
21:09 jcamins_away rhcl: try again.
21:09 rhcl try what again?
21:10 jcamins_away Defining Zebra.
21:10 rhcl Oh, I wasn't trying to define it really, but I can ...
21:10 rhcl Zebra is a fielded free text indexing and retrieval engine with a Z39.50 front-end. You can use any compatible, commercial, or freeware Z39.50 client to access data stored in Zebra.
21:10 rhcl zebra?
21:10 wahanui i think zebra is a fielded free text indexing and retrieval engine with a Z39.50 front-end. You can use any compatible, commercial, or freeware Z39.50 client to access data stored in Zebra.
21:10 rhcl Looks like it installed fine...what can I do to test it w/o Koha?
21:11 magnus_afk is now known as magnus_away
21:12 nengard left #koha
21:12 rhcl is now known as rhcl_brb
21:13 rhcl_brb is now known as rhcl
21:22 bg hmm - not sure I guess you could log into it
21:23 rangi ok, training time, bbl
21:23 wizzyrea gl
21:27 sekjal left #koha
21:28 rhcl OK, well it seems that I got zebra running OK on my system...for future reference.  It was just a package in the repo and I installed w/ Yast
21:35 cait left #koha
21:35 NateC left #koha
21:36 moodaepo left #koha
21:36 moodaepo joined #koha
21:37 bg heya moodaepo
21:38 bg @wunder 93109
21:38 huginn bg: The current temperature in K6LCM - Westside / Mesa, Santa Barbara, California is 19.7�C (2:36 PM PDT on August 09, 2011). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 17.0�C. Pressure: 29.88 in 1011.7 hPa (Steady).
21:38 moodaepo @wunder 56001
21:38 huginn moodaepo: The current temperature in MSU Physics Dept, Mankato, Minnesota is 22.1�C (4:37 PM CDT on August 09, 2011). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 66%. Dew Point: 15.0�C. Pressure: 29.77 in 1008.0 hPa (Steady).
21:38 moodaepo bg: Been a while! : )
21:38 bg no kidding eh?
21:39 JesseM left #koha
21:48 sekjal joined #koha
21:49 JesseM joined #koha
22:07 lds left #koha
22:16 JesseM left #koha
22:26 sekjal left #koha
22:26 sekjal joined #koha
22:29 JesseM joined #koha
22:58 sekjal left #koha
23:12 [1]oakivil joined #koha
23:12 oakivil left #koha
23:12 [1]oakivil is now known as oakivil
23:17 sekjal joined #koha
23:21 tcohen joined #koha
23:36 phlunk3 joined #koha
23:36 rhcl is now known as rhcl_away
23:37 daniel969 joined #koha
23:38 daniel969 Hi there, can anyone please confirm that the OpacHiddenItems setting works in version 3.4.2?
23:51 daniel969 I am talking about 'OpacHiddenItems' in: Administration > System Preferences > OPAC (under the Policy section). The documentation says that it uses YAML syntax to define the rule. I have used a field from the items table and I have entered fieldname: [value] but it doesn't seem to work. Any idea? Do I need to do a re-index?
23:57 bg try the 942$c field instead of in the item record
23:58 bg oh sorry was thinking of OpacSupression (or something like that)

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary