IRC log for #koha, 2011-08-02

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:22 Judit joined #koha
00:22 Judit morning
00:23 rangi hi Judit
00:28 Brooke joined #koha
00:28 Brooke 0/
00:28 rangi hi Brooke
00:33 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 5009 : Turning off autocomplete <[…]3e68e7251fcffaff3>
00:35 jenkins_koha Starting build 351 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
00:41 jransom joined #koha
00:41 Brooke 0/
00:41 jransom hiya all
00:42 jransom glad to see those silly politicians have finally decided to play nicely / act like grownups / get on with it
00:43 Brooke erm
00:43 Brooke mebbe.
00:43 jransom ejits
00:43 jransom is that a word?
00:44 Brooke it's close enough to ijiot to qualify
00:44 Brooke besides, you can pull a S. Palin and claim to have meant it all along ;)
00:46 jransom of course i could - but sadly I'm not pretty enough and i don't shoot mooses
00:46 Brooke pfah
00:46 Brooke you *could* shoot moose.
00:47 Brooke it isn't like they're fast mooving
00:47 rangi or small
00:47 rangi its like shooting a barn
00:47 jransom hehe
00:47 Judit left #koha
00:47 Brooke indeed
00:47 Judit joined #koha
00:47 Brooke and arguably Cleopatra was not fair of face and was a better pol than ever Palin will be
00:48 jransom cleo by all accounts appears to have been stunning
00:48 jransom hello judit :)
00:48 Judit hello
00:48 jransom judit was at NZ koha users group meeting last week
00:48 Brooke by accounts
00:48 jransom we bullied everyone to come to todays meeting
00:48 Brooke are you honestly going to trust poets like me or coins, babe?
00:48 jransom should be about 100 kiwis here today :)
00:49 jransom coins :)
00:49 Brooke[…]ars_Cleopatra.htm
00:52 jwagner joined #koha
00:56 Judit1 joined #koha
00:57 Judit1 hi-again :)
00:57 Judit left #koha
00:57 Brooke 0/
01:00 jransom "the charm of her presence was irresistible and this, combined with her peculiar force of character, made everyone associated with her fall under her spell."
01:00 jransom sounds like brooke
01:00 jransom is that why you poiinted us to that babe?
01:00 Judit1 talking about me? :)
01:00 * Brooke thinks ye've taken ill.
01:00 jransom hello judit1
01:00 jransom anyhoo ...
01:00 Brooke #startmeeting
01:00 huginn` Meeting started Tue Aug  2 01:00:30 2011 UTC.  The chair is Brooke. Information about MeetBot at
01:00 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
01:01 Brooke #topic introductions
01:01 Topic for #koha is now introductions
01:01 Brooke Welcome to the Koha Community Meeting
01:01 Brooke feel free to Introduce yerselves
01:01 jwagner I thought the meeting didn't start until 02:00 UTC?
01:01 jransom I think we are 1 hour early too
01:02 rangi it doesnt
01:02 rangi :)
01:02 Brooke I have time in London at 2AM now
01:02 Brooke I could be an hour off easily enough though XD
01:02 rangi london isnt UTC this time of year
01:02 jwagner huginn thinks you are :-) Meeting started Tue Aug 2 01:00:30 2011 UTC
01:02 Judit1 wow
01:02 Brooke well bust that
01:02 Brooke stupid time zones
01:02 Judit1 confusing
01:02 Brooke #endmeeting
01:02 Topic for #koha is now Next General IRC Meeting 2 August 2011 at 02:00 UTC.
01:02 huginn` Meeting ended Tue Aug  2 01:02:28 2011 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
01:02 huginn` Minutes:[…]-08-02-01.00.html
01:02 huginn` Minutes (text):[…]1-08-02-01.00.txt
01:02 huginn` Log:  […]02-01.00.log.html
01:03 rangi good practice
01:03 jransom that woukld be the quickest meetingh on record
01:03 jwagner And possibly the most productive?  :-)
01:03 mtj Brooke is such an eager beaver
01:03 Brooke that I am
01:04 BobB Can I get a coffee and come back in an hour?
01:04 Brooke I won't tell on ye Bob ;)
01:04 rangi you can get about 5
01:04 rangi in that time
01:04 Brooke mebbe he's an exduhrector
01:04 Brooke I know what those lunches look like.
01:04 BobB Wow,  I'd be pumped for the meeting!\
01:05 BobB Brooke: LOL
01:07 jransom as you were folks ...
01:07 * Brooke falls out.
01:08 rangi !jenkins status
01:08 jenkins_koha status of all projects:
01:08 jenkins_koha Koha_3.2.x: last build: 34 (4 j 20 h ago): UNSTABLE: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.2.x/34/
01:08 jenkins_koha Koha_3.4.x: last build: 25 (4 h 18 mn ago): SUCCESS: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.4.x/25/
01:08 jenkins_koha Koha_master(BUILDING: 32 mn and counting): last build: 350 (4 h 3 mn ago): SUCCESS: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/350/
01:11 * Brooke muses over how predictable people's bidding patterns are...
01:12 jransom and receives stunned silence in retutrn
01:13 Brooke :P
01:13 rangi cryptic irc is cryptic
01:13 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 5418: Follow up fix for translated sys pref sql files <[…]627e18ff8a83867ac> / Bug 5263 - Add support for including fields from the ISSUES table in advanced due... <[…]2788233103d038cb6>
01:13 Brooke 'twould be useful for charity auction purposes.
01:14 Irma left #koha
01:15 Agent_Dani left #koha
01:16 Agent_Dani joined #koha
01:16 Brooke 0/
01:17 Agent_Dani left #koha
01:18 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #351: SUCCESS in 43 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/351/
01:18 jenkins_koha Chris Cormack: Bug 5009 : Turning off autocomplete
01:18 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5009 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, dpavlin, ASSIGNED , add autocomplete="off" to borrowernumbers and barcode forms
01:18 jenkins_koha Starting build 352 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
01:20 rangi hope i timed it right
01:21 rangi that build should finish just before the meeting
01:23 Brooke meh
01:23 Brooke getting stuff done > meetings
01:24 Brooke I hear some mint chocolate chip ice cream begging to be put out of its misery.
01:27 Agent_Dani joined #koha
01:30 Agent_Dani left #koha
01:31 Agent_Dani joined #koha
01:37 Agent_Dani left #koha
01:37 Agent_Dani joined #koha
01:38 danielg joined #koha
01:39 rangi heya danielg
01:40 jransom editor-elect :)
01:40 Brooke not quite yet
01:40 Brooke but soon, I suspect.
01:40 sekjal_mobile joined #koha
01:42 sekjal_mobile i thought Id missed the meeting...
01:42 rangi nope, 15 mins
01:42 Brooke no, I'm just dumb
01:43 Brooke in my defence, the stupid level in DC is at a record high
01:43 danielg083 joined #koha
01:43 rangi i think this may sum the situation up
01:44 rangi http://failblog.files.wordpres[…]spelling-fail.jpg
01:44 Brooke heheh
01:44 sekjal_mobile well that worked out. can't use irc over 3G, so finally found wifi
01:45 Brooke any rural in W Mass used to work, but folks bollocksed things a bunch out that way
01:45 Brooke so I don't think I'm allowed to make that claim any longer.
01:46 danielg left #koha
01:47 sekjal_mobile hmmm, wonder if it'd work if i ran Tor...
01:48 sekjal_mobile time for a quick experiment...
01:48 Irma joined #koha
01:48 sekjal_mobile left #koha
01:48 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
01:51 samerrill joined #koha
01:51 danielg083 left #koha
01:51 rangi[…]ep-hip-hop-awards
01:51 rangi kapow
01:52 Brooke Maorification! *duck*
01:53 paul_p joined #koha
01:54 paulnz joined #koha
01:54 sekjal_mobile joined #koha
01:54 slef hi all
01:54 paul_p good morning
01:55 paulnz howdy all
01:55 paul_p hi slef
01:55 sekjal_mobile experiment failed.
01:55 Brooke yes...morning...
01:55 sekjal_mobile oh, and hi all
01:56 vanzijl joined #koha
01:56 rangi !jenkins status
01:56 jenkins_koha status of all projects:
01:56 jenkins_koha Koha_3.2.x: last build: 34 (4 j 21 h ago): UNSTABLE: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.2.x/34/
01:56 jenkins_koha Koha_3.4.x: last build: 25 (5 h 6 mn ago): SUCCESS: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.4.x/25/
01:56 oleonard joined #koha
01:56 jenkins_koha Koha_master(BUILDING: 37 mn and counting): last build: 351 (1 h 21 mn ago): SUCCESS: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/351/
01:57 Brooke sping
01:57 Brooke good timing, Rangi
01:57 * jcamins fetches some yogurt ice pops for the meeting.
01:57 rangi heh, thats gonna end up in the minutes (build will finish in about 10 mins)
01:57 cait joined #koha
01:57 Space_Librarian brilliant timing rangi
01:57 Space_Librarian hey cait
01:57 Brooke 0/
01:57 cait hi
01:57 wahanui hola, cait
01:57 oleonard Hi everyone
01:58 Space_Librarian hey vanzijl, welcome
01:58 joransom joined #koha
01:58 wizzyrea oh wow everybody's turning up
01:58 wizzyrea :)
01:58 Space_Librarian hi jo!
01:58 joransom hiya
01:58 paulnz yep, nice one vanzijl, you mad eit
01:58 jransom left #koha
01:58 Space_Librarian hey paulnz didn't see you there.
01:59 slef who's a mad eit?
01:59 paulnz hey back Space_Librarian.
02:00 vanzijl Yip, I've been called mad, often!
02:00 roygbivavac joined #koha
02:00 vanzijl We are in the middle of our training - going amazingly well! (of course!)
02:00 Brooke #startmeeting
02:00 huginn` Meeting started Tue Aug  2 02:00:23 2011 UTC.  The chair is Brooke. Information about MeetBot at
02:00 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
02:01 Brooke Haere Mai, Welcome to the Koha Community Meeting, now at the right time and everything.
02:01 rangi meeting, take two :)
02:01 Space_Librarian :)
02:01 Judit1 :)
02:01 Brooke please feel free to introduce yerselves please #info it, too
02:01 rangi #info Chris Cormack, Catalyst IT, Release manager 3.6
02:01 jwagner #info Jane Wagner, LibLime/PTFS
02:01 wizzyrea #info Liz Rea, Northeast Kansas Library System
02:01 Irma Irma from CALYX
02:01 paul_p #info Paul Poulain, BibLIbre
02:01 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Nelsonville Public Library
02:01 BobB #info Bob Birchall, CALYX information essentials
02:01 vanzijl Chris is lurking over my shoulder, until he subsribes
02:01 Space_Librarian #info Shelley Gurney, Catalyst IT
02:01 jcamins #info Jared Camins-Esakov, C & P Bibliography Services
02:01 sekjal_mobile #info Ian Walls, ByWater Solutions, 3.6 QA Manager
02:02 paulnz #info Paul Nielsen, Hauraki District Libraries
02:02 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ
02:02 slef #info MJ Ray,
02:02 Irma #info Irma Birchall, CALYX information essentials
02:02 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #352: UNSTABLE in 43 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/352/
02:02 jenkins_koha * cnighswonger: Bug 5263 - Add support for including fields from the ISSUES table in advanced due notices
02:02 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 5418: Follow up fix for translated sys pref sql files
02:02 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5263 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, cnighswonger, ASSIGNED , Add support for including fields from the ISSUES table in advanced due notices
02:02 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5418 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, kmkale, ASSIGNED , New itemBarcodeInputFilter for libsuite8 style barcodes
02:02 rangi nen
02:02 rangi heh even, i nearly made it
02:03 joransom #info Joann Ransom. NZ. HLT
02:04 Brooke movin' along
02:04 Brooke #topic EOL on 3.2
02:04 Topic for #koha is now EOL on 3.2
02:04 rangi do we have a chris_n ?
02:04 rangi if not ill cover this
02:04 Brooke floor's yours, champ
02:04 rangi 08:20 <chris_n> there's been no activity on 3.2.x now since last release and no volunteers to take it  over, so I'm going to lobby for its EOL at tomorrow's meeting
02:05 rangi im happy with that decision, any volunteers to take it over .. otherwise its EOL
02:05 paul_p +1
02:05 wizzyrea +1
02:05 oleonard +1
02:05 cait +1
02:05 sekjal_mobile +1
02:05 Space_Librarian +1
02:05 jcamins +1
02:05 BobB Sounds like ....
02:06 mtj morning all
02:06 rangi yep i reckon thats an #agreed .. unless ... ?
02:06 vanzijl +1
02:06 Brooke #agreed EOL on 3.2
02:06 BobB #info Mason James, KohaAloha
02:06 Brooke movin' on
02:07 mtj #info Mason James, KohaAloha
02:07 mtj snap
02:07 BobB Oops: echo!
02:07 Brooke #topic Roadmap to 3.4
02:07 Topic for #koha is now Roadmap to 3.4
02:07 rangi with no chris_n, ill try to cover this also
02:07 * Brooke assumed as much.
02:07 rangi 3.4.3 was released last week, while we were at the nz koha users group
02:08 rangi it was held up a little by the translation process, working to get that fixed for 3.4.4
02:08 rangi otherwise its business as usual
02:08 rangi packages for it exist at
02:09 rangi and at
02:09 rangi for ubuntu natty
02:09 rangi thats all ive got
02:09 Brooke hooray
02:09 Brooke music to my ears.
02:09 wizzyrea packages_for_natty++
02:10 Brooke Any questions for the man that's not here?
02:10 joransom its all trucking along really nicely.
02:10 joransom is now known as jransom
02:10 paul_p maybe we can point that there is someone working on security holes those days.
02:10 Brooke #topic Roadmap to 3.6
02:10 Topic for #koha is now Roadmap to 3.6
02:11 rangi http://koha-releasemanagement.[…]s/Work_for_3.6.x/
02:11 rangi nothing new to report, work is continuing nicely, havent had to pull anything out yet
02:11 rangi so the testing is working well
02:12 rangi ill expect a bunch more pushed on friday
02:12 Brooke #link http://koha-releasemanagement.[…]s/Work_for_3.6.x/
02:12 rangi but its all on target
02:13 jransom well done everyone who is involved.
02:13 Brooke movin' on
02:13 Brooke #topic Listing Requirements.
02:13 Topic for #koha is now Listing Requirements.
02:13 Brooke I'm going to flip the agenda
02:13 Brooke and stick 2 first.
02:13 Brooke do we want a link back to the community website?
02:14 BobB Yes, imho
02:14 oleonard Yes
02:14 rangi i have no issue with that
02:14 cait me neither
02:14 paul_p +1
02:14 rangi specially given a period to comply
02:14 slef +1
02:14 mtj yes
02:14 rangi +1
02:14 jransom +1
02:14 cait +1
02:14 vanzijl +1
02:14 sekjal_mobile I believe that is reasonable. +1
02:14 Space_Librarian +1
02:14 mtj +1
02:15 paulnz +1
02:15 jcamins +1
02:16 jransom mandatory: no link back = no listing
02:16 Brooke #agreed bare minimum requirement for listing on the community website is a link from a vendor's site to the community website
02:16 Brooke now
02:16 Brooke for non compliance on that
02:16 Brooke the suggestion was 3 months
02:16 Brooke is that reasonable?
02:16 bg #info Brendan Gallagher ByWater Solutions
02:16 jransom i think that is too long
02:16 jransom i think 5 business days
02:16 rangi seems like a lot of time for a 10 min job
02:16 rangi that seems a bit short
02:16 jransom ok - 10 then
02:16 BobB one month?
02:16 jransom it is a 5 min job
02:16 cait 1 month
02:17 mtj 1 month
02:17 sekjal_mobile no less than 2 weeks
02:17 rangi 1 month seems reasonable to me
02:17 jransom people are either part of the koha community or not.
02:17 oleonard If the link back is mandatory, doesn't that mean they don't get listed unless there's a link?
02:17 oleonard Are we talking about rules about pulling a listing?
02:17 paul_p 1 month seems reasonable to me too
02:17 jransom the philosphical argument will have been / should have been carried out well before asking to list
02:17 rangi yes, but sometimes ppl have a stupid cms and it takes them a while to change their site
02:17 roygbivavac left #koha
02:17 rangi i dont think it hurts us giving htem a month?
02:17 cait or web admin is on vacation
02:17 jransom maybe its a checklist: do this and then we list
02:18 mtj they might *remove* that link , too ?
02:18 jransom 1 month period now to check allexisting listings comply
02:18 Brooke I'm hearing alignment on 1 month...
02:18 Brooke are there objections to my bad ears?
02:18 jransom mutters ....
02:19 jransom you looking for +1s for 1 month?
02:19 oleonard Can someone clarify?
02:19 Brooke that's what I'm trying to do here
02:19 Brooke so
02:19 wizzyrea so moved that companies have 1 month from submission to link back to
02:19 sekjal_mobile 1 month is agreeable for anyone currently listed to add the link if its not already thre
02:19 oleonard We list them, and *then* give them a month to comply?
02:19 Brooke I will say
02:19 Brooke for grandfathering purposes
02:19 Brooke +1 for 1 month time frame for compliance
02:20 jransom agree: grandfathering only, otherwise link back and then we list
02:20 sekjal_mobile my apologies, i must depart early.
02:20 Brooke please do +1
02:20 wizzyrea +!
02:20 Brooke for the record.
02:20 mtj oleonard: some contacts are already listed, but dont currently comply
02:20 sekjal_mobile +1
02:20 cait +1
02:20 wizzyrea +1
02:20 rangi +1
02:20 sekjal_mobile left #koha
02:20 paulnz +1
02:20 Space_Librarian +1
02:20 jcamins +1
02:20 vanzijl +1
02:20 oleonard +1
02:20 BobB +1
02:21 mtj +1
02:21 jransom +1
02:21 Brooke k seeing no objects
02:21 Brooke objections even
02:21 paul_p +1
02:22 Brooke #agreed 1 month to be in compliance for currently listed vendors. (So do check your websites and ensure a link back to
02:22 wizzyrea (I volunteer to check the listed companies, notify the non-compliant, and post the results to the list)
02:22 Brooke wizzyrea++
02:22 oleonard wizzyrea++
02:22 mtj wizzyrea++
02:22 Space_Librarian wizzyrea ++
02:22 cait wizzyrea++
02:22 wizzyrea whoa whoa
02:23 wizzyrea ;)
02:23 jransom ++
02:23 Brooke und nao for the first part
02:23 mtj ok folks,  any requirements as to *where* the link is, on a vendors website?
02:23 Brooke #topic Listing Requirements -- Legitamacy
02:23 Topic for #koha is now Listing Requirements -- Legitamacy
02:23 Brooke ooh
02:23 Brooke good point mtj
02:24 cait I think the main koha page
02:24 jransom obvious
02:24 slef cait++
02:24 cait was a good suggestion
02:24 paul_p mtj, we said "home page or main koha page" iirc
02:24 Brooke first page?
02:24 jransom front page definitely
02:24 cait no not firstpage
02:24 cait not all companies do only koha
02:24 jransom good point
02:24 jransom main koha page then
02:24 wizzyrea I think on the product page for koha offerings, should the company do multiple things
02:24 paul_p yep
02:24 mtj i dont want sneaky vendors hiding that link in a tiny font-size , etc
02:25 mtj paul_p: i agree
02:25 jransom indeed
02:25 slef mtj: color: white; background: white?
02:25 wizzyrea imo, it's a proud thing to be a Koha vendor, they would have no reason not to affiliate themselves with the project
02:25 BobB It has to promote the community.  The company will be supportive of the community or not.  And that will be evident from the way the link is set up.  Its an objective test.
02:25 jransom this probably needs serious thought: re font size, colour options,
02:25 wizzyrea and if they don't, then I don't think they really want to be listed.
02:26 rangi i dont think we need rules about font size
02:26 paulnz logo?
02:26 Brooke Bob++
02:26 jransom yes but i can think of a compnay who will want tobe listed but willnot want to promote the koha-community site
02:26 cait I agree with BobB and rangi
02:26 cait keep it simple
02:26 rangi its pretty easy to point out someone is being devious
02:26 rangi yeah
02:26 rangi rules schmules
02:26 Brooke Mr. Poulain's wisdom about time wasted comes to mind, here.
02:26 jransom even easier to make it very clear how to comply and avoid nasty discussions and claims down the track
02:27 rangi if you want to start dictating font size
02:27 rangi my vote is pulled
02:27 rangi because that is just silly
02:27 rangi it has to fit in with the look of the site its on
02:28 oleonard I agree
02:28 Space_Librarian ditto
02:28 wizzyrea a vendor that's fit to be listed will show their affiliation.
02:28 wizzyrea (proudly)
02:28 Brooke table specifics, or further duke this out?
02:29 slef can we just say a reasonable link?
02:29 paul_p should we just say "provide a link that is normally visible" or something like that
02:29 mtj yes, i think my point re: font-size is unnecessary
02:29 wizzyrea normally visible is fine by me
02:29 paul_p that would point that it's also non necessary to have a proeminent link
02:29 wizzyrea easy to judge
02:30 Brooke so
02:30 Brooke provide a visible link from the main koha page?
02:30 vanzijl I have to go, nice meeting you
02:30 wizzyrea the link will be on the koha product offering page, in a normally visible manner
02:30 Brooke I'm not fond of normally
02:30 Brooke makes me think of quantum physics.
02:31 wizzyrea lol
02:31 cait why not say link
02:32 cait provide a link from the main koha page
02:32 Brooke so that folks don't #fffff on an #ffffff background
02:32 cait I think it's obvious that that doesn't meet the requirements
02:32 Brooke well, it's also obvious that certain property is communal, but here we are.
02:32 vanzijl left #koha
02:33 mtj "the link should be easily visible on the vendor's Koha offering page"
02:33 cait easily visible is ok for me
02:33 paul_p ok for me too
02:33 Brooke +1
02:33 wizzyrea i move to include "provide a visible link back to on the main Koha page for your site"
02:33 Brooke oops not meant to vote.
02:33 paul_p (don't see a big difference between easily and normally, so won't cut hairs in 4 ;-) )
02:34 mtj wizzyrea++
02:34 wizzyrea so vote on that? I guess?
02:35 Brooke gimme an unconventional vote here: either +1 for wizzyrea or +1 for mtj if ye'd prefer
02:35 mtj +1 wizzyrea  :)
02:35 Brooke right
02:35 Brooke gentleman effectively withdraws his motion
02:35 Brooke so then
02:35 oleonard +1
02:35 cait +1
02:35 Brooke any objections on wizzyrea's proposal?
02:35 jransom +1
02:35 jcamins +1
02:35 mtj +1
02:35 paul_p +1
02:36 paulnz +1
02:36 slef +1
02:36 Brooke #agreed provide a visible link back to on the main Koha page for your site
02:37 Brooke back to the first part
02:37 * wizzyrea will update the listing requirements
02:37 wizzyrea #action wizzyrea will update the listing requirements on the website
02:37 Brooke from the agenda: reinstate "legitimate" from the originally-agreed criteria shown
02:37 * Brooke is not neutral on this at all. You've been warned.
02:38 cait can we get the whole sentence?
02:38 cait and a def of legitimate to go with it?
02:38 oleonard Background being the current language doesn't reflect what was voted on?
02:38 Brooke it's got links, go look at the agenda.
02:39 rangi[…]10-05-05#i_434754
02:39 wizzyrea Entries will be added if they represent a current proffer of Koha services.  Entries that are obviously spam (i.e., not relevant to Koha services) will not be accepted.
02:39 wizzyrea is what it says now
02:39 rangi 2. they get accepted if it is a legitamate proffer of Koha services
02:39 wizzyrea Entries will be added if they represent a current, legitimate proffer of Koha services.  Entries that are obviously spam (i.e., not relevant to Koha services) will not be accepted.
02:39 wizzyrea is what it would be
02:40 Brooke my skin crawls on this one at having legitimacy police.
02:40 slef cait: From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 [gcide]:  Legitimate 1. Accordant with law or with established legal forms and        requirements; lawful; as, legitimate government;        legitimate rights; the legitimate succession to the        throne; a legitimate proceeding of an officer; a        legitimate heir.        [1913 Webster]
02:40 slef From Bouvier's Law Dictionary, Revised 6th Ed (1856) [bouvier]:  LEGITIMATE. That which is according to law; as, legitimate children, are   lawful children, born in wedlock, in contradistinction to bastards;   legitimate authority, or lawful power, in opposition to usurpation.
02:40 slef
02:40 Brooke I am also not fond of a single person blocking another.
02:40 wahanui okay, Brooke.
02:41 wizzyrea I do not wish to be the one deciding legitimacy.
02:41 oleonard If we say "legitimate" we have to have an established procedure for deciding it
02:42 oleonard Do we want to get into that?
02:42 jransom we will have to at some point ..
02:42 paul_p well... I think spending a large part of this meeting on this question is not wise
02:42 wizzyrea that is to say, you're welcome to add it back, but I won't be the one judging
02:43 slef I feel we must, else we are expecting website maintainers to direct people to unlawful sites, which is often a crime itself.
02:44 Brooke no
02:44 Brooke as research professionals
02:44 Brooke we are responsible for our own decisions, poor as they might be
02:44 Brooke caveat emptor.
02:44 jwagner slef, I think that is not a valid argument.  The page can easily say the listings are provided as a convenience; you must do your own due diligence.  I thought it used to say that, in fact.
02:45 rangi i think you are confusing reasonable with legitimate
02:45 rangi slef is talking in terms of lawful and unlawful
02:45 rangi not are they just not ratbags
02:45 slef Yes, this is a much baser requirement.
02:46 slef Much as I would love us to have a "no ratbags" policy, I think that would be too hard to make stick.
02:46 oleonard Just as hard as defining "legitimate"
02:46 Brooke a very common turn of phrase outside the hallowed halls of law school is that there's no law against being an arsehole.
02:46 rangi exactly
02:47 rangi but this is against listing unlawful sites
02:47 rangi not assholes
02:47 slef Why is defining legitimate hard?  Let someone cite the law being broken, then see if the requestor rebuts.
02:47 Brooke then it's redundant.
02:47 jwagner slef, what law are you relying on here?
02:47 Brooke and the courts are there to decide legitimacy, not the community.
02:48 oleonard slef: What if there is no clear "winner?"
02:48 mtj slef: its hard , because we are not lawyers?
02:48 rangi what do we lose by having the word there?
02:48 Brooke a lot of time
02:48 jransom what about some plain english 'tests':
02:48 rangi how?
02:49 slef oleonard: then we probably have to pick a jury :-/ but when has there been no clarity?
02:49 Brooke because it's then assumed that we are patrolling things
02:49 jransom do you support koha?
02:49 rangi its assumed by listing people we are already
02:49 jransom as in install support etc
02:49 rangi thats the root problem
02:49 jransom so isnt that the only question to be asked
02:49 rangi is that by listing them, the assumption is we approve of them
02:49 jransom its not a quality test or 'googness' test
02:49 jransom its a yes or no
02:49 chilts instead of having a complex set of rules, how about a majority vote on suspect sites/providers? then nothing needs to be done unless someone raises it at a meeting
02:50 Brooke This directory and its contents, including but not limited to the links to other sites, purveyors, providers, and vendors of other goods, services, or information, whether for informational purposes or in the form of paid advertisement, are made available by the Koha community on an “as is” basis and without any warranties of any kind as to accuracy, merchantability, or fitness of a vendor for a particular service.
02:50 jwagner rangi, as I said earlier, if that's the assumption, then make it plain by a disclaimer on the page.
02:50 rangi i just dont think having the word makes it any different
02:50 Brooke that would imply that that's a poor assumption.
02:50 slef I feel we cannot disclaim all editorial responsibility if there is any moderation at all.
02:50 rangi what slef said
02:50 rangi either its free for all
02:50 rangi or its not
02:50 rangi you cant disclaim moderation and enforce the link back
02:50 jransom what he said
02:51 jransom if you priovide koha support then you get listed
02:51 Brooke it's not an on or off toggle
02:51 Brooke you can easily enforce a link back
02:51 Brooke and have your disclaimer.
02:51 Brooke they aren't mutually exclusive.
02:51 slef If we just want to let people spam links into a search engine, let's find or make a plugin that allows people to do that.
02:51 oleonard If you appear to provide koha support...
02:51 jransom remember a million years ago when joshua was a still a nice guy and ptfs wanted to be listed but because it was a direct competitor for liblime he refused to list
02:51 jransom that was wrong.
02:51 rangi i suspect we probbaly have a stalemate on this, and it wont be resolved this meeting
02:52 rangi id like to move on
02:52 Space_Librarian rangi++
02:52 jcamins rangi++
02:52 paul_p rangi++
02:52 jwagner +1
02:52 mtj rangi++
02:52 oleonard I suggest those with a dog in this fight present argument to the mailing list if they wish
02:53 jransom Owen: great turn of phrase :)
02:53 BobB oleonard +1
02:53 slef yeah, sadly, I agree, but I'm really disappointed that people are willing to block such a basic, simple requirement which was previously acceptable.
02:53 Brooke tabling this unless there's a really bloody good show of votes
02:53 rangi fwiw, i have no issue adding the word, but lets move on
02:54 jransom is there a resolution we can test with a vote?
02:54 Brooke I'm not hearing one
02:54 Brooke that's not procedural
02:54 Brooke it's informational
02:54 slef I've only what was originally said.
02:55 Brooke I'm not sensing concensus.
02:55 mtj vote for a disclaimer on the list page?
02:55 slef -1 irresponsible
02:55 wizzyrea the disclaimer is ez to add
02:55 Brooke it's already there on the page
02:55 Brooke I'd love to see it on ALL pages
02:55 Brooke that are vendor related
02:56 slef I suspect it doesn't get read+understood anyway but doing a survey to confirm that and other stuff is a topic for another meeting.
02:56 mtj lol, facepalm re: disclaimer :/
02:56 rangi slef++
02:56 jwagner Knew I'd seen it somewhere.
02:57 Brooke k tabled
02:57 Brooke I did not note a bloody good show
02:57 Brooke #topic KohaCon2011
02:57 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon2011
02:58 Brooke did anyone get an update from kmkale?
02:58 paul_p The papers I had submitted have been approved recently. No other news
02:58 slef not specifically for this meeting... I think I was cc'd on some emails that jransom and Brooke also got?
02:58 BobB I haven't heard from him for a couple of weeks.
02:58 slef but I've been afk so I may have missed stuff
02:59 BobB afk?
02:59 wahanui hmmm... afk is away from keyboard
02:59 BobB Thanks wahanui :)
03:00 Brooke anyone in house from India in general?
03:01 Brooke *crickets*
03:01 Brooke movin' on then
03:01 Brooke #topic KohaCon12
03:01 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon12
03:01 oleonard Strange, it's a decent hour there
03:02 jransom I'm going and I'm very excited :)
03:02 paul_p jransom, we will meet here then. I'm going too, with 2 other BibLibre staff
03:02 mtj im going tooo :p
03:02 jransom yay
03:02 paul_p (1 librarian -francois- and one techie -julian-)
03:02 * Brooke is going to 11. Dunno about 12 yet.
03:03 mtj i plan on eating myself silly!
03:03 jransom me too
03:03 Brooke anything relevant to KohaCon2012
03:03 Brooke ?
03:04 slef other news
03:04 slef <slef> not specifically for this meeting... I think I was cc'd on some
03:04 slef emails that jransom and Brooke also got?
03:04 slef <BobB> I haven't heard from him for a couple of weeks.
03:04 slef <slef> but I've been afk so I may have missed stuff
03:04 slef [03:59]<BobB> afk?
03:04 slef <wahanui> hmmm... afk is away from keyboard
03:04 slef <BobB> Thanks wahanui :)
03:04 slef <Brooke> anyone in house from India in general?
03:04 rangi whoops
03:04 slef [04:00]<Brooke> *crickets*
03:04 slef <Brooke> movin' on then
03:04 slef <Brooke> #topic KohaCon12
03:05 slef *** huginn` ( has set the topic for
03:05 slef #koha: "KohaCon12"
03:05 slef [04:01]<oleonard> Strange, it's a decent hour there
03:05 slef <jransom> I'm going and I'm very excited :)
03:05 slef <paul_p> jransom, we will meet here then. I'm going too, with 2 other
03:05 slef BibLibre staff
03:05 Brooke uhhh
03:05 slef [04:02]<mtj> im going tooo :p
03:05 paul_p do we have a candidate for 2012 already ?
03:05 slef <jransom> yay
03:05 slef <paul_p> (1 librarian -francois- and one techie -julian-)
03:05 slef * Brooke is going to 11. Dunno about 12 yet.
03:05 slef <mtj> i plan on eating myself silly!
03:05 slef [04:03]<jransom> me too
03:05 paul_p slef fall asleep on his keyboard...
03:05 slef <Brooke> anything relevant to KohaCon2012
03:05 slef <Brooke> ?
03:05 Brooke apparently paul.
03:05 slef ERC> While everyone wishes to meet every year currently, is this this right frequency? Would anyone be upset with local Conferences in addition to our World Conference? Would doing so burn possible hosts out?
03:05 slef argh sorry
03:05 slef in mitigation, it's the first time in years I've done that!
03:05 slef While everyone wishes to meet every year currently, is this this right frequency? Would anyone be upset with local Conferences in addition to our World Conference? Would doing so burn possible hosts out?
03:05 rangi :)
03:06 slef was what I was trying to paste
03:06 jransom am i nuts to be a bit concerned about planning for kohacon11
03:06 paul_p fortunatly, you didn't paste any password ;-)
03:06 rangi i dont think local ones would hurt
03:06 Space_Librarian jransom: no, you're not
03:06 Space_Librarian I've had concerns for months now
03:06 rangi we plan to run 2 nzkoha user group meetings a year
03:06 BobB jransom: you are not nuts.
03:06 Brooke arright
03:06 Brooke hang on
03:06 Brooke #topic #kohacon11
03:06 Topic for #koha is now #kohacon11
03:06 slef paul_p: I think the co-op is willing to bid for 2012 and I think I know where and a possible librarian host.
03:06 paul_p in fact, in France there is a yearly conf already !
03:06 rangi tsk tsk
03:06 rangi keep up people
03:07 Space_Librarian lol
03:07 rangi :)
03:07 paul_p slef++
03:07 Brooke here is what I will say on this
03:07 Brooke at the very worst
03:07 cait co-op++
03:07 paul_p avoid London please = we go there for DrupalCon in august, it's soooo expensive !!!!
03:07 Brooke we will have one hell of an unconference
03:07 Brooke for KohaCon 11
03:07 Brooke so do go
03:07 Brooke we will do stuff
03:07 paul_p "one hell of an unconference" ???
03:08 mtj yeah, i agree with brooke
03:08 BobB There is risk
03:08 oleonard
03:08 jransom that no indian representative is here today concerns me
03:08 slef paul_p: London's second choice atm but I know what you mean.
03:09 jransom we are very close
03:09 Brooke I hear that, jo
03:09 Space_Librarian ditto
03:09 Brooke It's unnerving that they've been absent a number of times now
03:09 Brooke and started with multiple bids
03:09 paul_p I know what "unconference" means. I don't understand "one hell of an unconference"
03:09 rangi as long as there is a venue
03:09 Brooke which there is
03:09 Space_Librarian and I don't think there's been much of a showin the volunteers meeting either
03:09 jcamins paul_p: an unconference with French wine. :D
03:09 jransom 2011: will happen regardless may be unconference so no worries
03:09 rangi everything else is just extras
03:09 slef paul_p: a bloody good unconference?
03:09 paul_p ok, gotcha
03:09 jransom Paul-p: it willgreat big huge Kiwi-style fun :)
03:10 jransom with bollywood dancing instead of haka
03:10 wizzyrea i would pay to see you doing bollywood style dancing
03:10 BobB LOL
03:10 wizzyrea that would be amazing.
03:10 paul_p just FYI = as everybody seemed to enjoy the european hackfest last april, I think we will organize another one in 2012
03:10 jransom well we have seen paul do haka
03:11 paul_p maybe a little bit earlier (march ?)
03:11 Brooke wizzy, I need a clarification on that motion
03:11 Brooke are you moving that Jransom is providing dancing, or that paul p is?
03:11 jransom maybe a duet
03:11 cait reminding everyone - i want to catch a little more sleep ;)
03:11 paul_p cait++
03:11 jwagner cait++
03:11 Space_Librarian cait++
03:11 paul_p (5am here)
03:11 jransom brooke: get thismeeting back ontrack immediately
03:12 Brooke ha
03:12 * jwagner is up past my bedtime....
03:12 slef paul_p: March might be better. Less tax/finance/contract admin going on.
03:12 Brooke says the one that derails things :P
03:12 Brooke fine
03:12 Brooke #topic kohacon12
03:12 Topic for #koha is now kohacon12
03:12 Brooke serious
03:12 Brooke anyone besides MJ currently bidding on 12?
03:12 cait not on the wiki or the mailing lists
03:12 Brooke if you are even vaguely considering it, you've a month. This is your notice.
03:12 paul_p send a reminder on mailing lists ?
03:12 paul_p (as sept 1st is the deadline)
03:12 * oleonard nods off
03:13 cait but the deadlines have been decided on and a reminder was on the newsletter and the mailing list
03:13 * wizzyrea pokes oleonard
03:13 Brooke #help someone send a reminder to the lists for final 2012 Kohacon bids
03:13 jransom if there is only 1 bid it makes it much easier ... jujst saying
03:13 rangi and back to slefs point, i dont think local ones detract as long as they arent advertised as kohacon
03:13 * oleonard jumps
03:13 rangi different audiences
03:13 cait yes
03:13 Brooke anything else?
03:13 wahanui somebody said anything else was reinventing the wheel.
03:14 Brooke #topic Newsletter Editor Nominations
03:14 Topic for #koha is now Newsletter Editor Nominations
03:14 slef any volunteer to send that?  Obviously I'm happy if it's uncontested this year ;-)
03:14 rangi :)
03:14 rangi yeah i want it to be uk too, so someone else needs to send the mail :)
03:14 slef wahanui: forget anything else
03:14 wahanui slef: I forgot anything else
03:14 Space_Librarian au revoir everybody. I've got to sneak off and sign a contract. I'll be lurking here henceforth....
03:14 cait ukukuk :)
03:15 jcamins Daniel G volunteered to be newsletter editor.
03:15 jcamins +1 from me.
03:15 rangi and i vote we accept
03:15 jransom +1
03:15 rangi +1
03:15 cait +1
03:15 oleonard +1
03:15 mtj +1
03:15 slef maybe we'll be off to sunny scotland... oh, wait
03:15 jransom oxymoron
03:15 Brooke this is presumably for Daniel G as editor, yes?
03:15 wizzyrea +1
03:15 jcamins Brooke: that's what I voted on. But it's 45 minutes before midnight, so I could be confused.
03:16 rangi heh
03:16 Brooke #agreed Daniel G is the Newsletter Editor. Congratulations.
03:16 slef +1
03:16 paul_p +1
03:16 * slef waves at jcamins from 0415
03:16 Brooke #topic Roles for 3.8
03:16 Topic for #koha is now Roles for 3.8
03:17 rangi oh missed the global bug squashing
03:17 rangi thats worth recording in the minutes
03:17 wizzyrea it's this friday, hide ya kids, hide ya wife.
03:17 nengard joined #koha
03:17 wizzyrea or s omething.
03:17 rangi #link[…]bug_squashing_day
03:17 Brooke ta
03:17 oleonard Be there or be square.
03:18 rangi ok 3.8
03:18 rangi #link
03:18 rangi volunteer if you are crazy
03:18 * nengard Nicole Engard, Documentation Manager / ByWater Solutions (late arrival)
03:18 jcamins +1
03:18 paul_p OK, so i'm crazy ;-)
03:19 oleonard Is there a deadline?  A scheduled vote?
03:19 paul_p hi nengard
03:19 BobB I have to go.  I'll follow up with others re KohaCon11.  See you all later.
03:19 paul_p oleonard, not yet. I think we could decide one now
03:19 Brooke I am treating this like an expression of interest
03:19 rangi how about september 22nd deadline
03:19 paul_p I think september is a good dead line
03:19 rangi thats one month out
03:19 paul_p ++
03:19 jwagner Is that September deadline for nominations?
03:20 rangi yes
03:20 oleonard And vote at the following meeting?
03:20 paul_p yep. Then oct 3.6 release and new team start working
03:20 rangi vote in the early october meeting
03:20 cait so meeting in november for decision?
03:20 Brooke is that going to leave us enough time for release?
03:20 cait ah october
03:20 cait sorry
03:20 rangi ?
03:20 Brooke do we want a special election meeting
03:20 Brooke ?
03:20 rangi naw
03:20 cait normal irc
03:20 cait general meeting
03:20 wahanui general meeting is probably when?
03:20 Brooke k
03:20 rangi well, if there are contested positions we can rethink that
03:21 oleonard It's hard enough getting everyone to the regular one (myself included)
03:21 paul_p + let's see if we have more than 1 candidate for each position !
03:21 rangi but i doubt we have that many crazies
03:22 oleonard Moving on?
03:22 rangi shall we agree on the times?
03:22 paul_p rangi++
03:22 mtj vote for a  september 22nd deadline?
03:22 Brooke Nomination Deadline of 22 September
03:22 rangi september 22 nomination deadline and a vote at the october irc meeting
03:22 Brooke +1 for yes
03:22 oleonard +1
03:22 Brooke amend it to rangi's
03:22 Brooke so we're not voting 2 times
03:23 rangi +1
03:23 jcamins +1
03:23 jwagner +1
03:23 mtj +1
03:23 wizzyrea +1
03:23 paul_p +1 If more than one candidate for one position, they will have something like 2 weeks to argue
03:23 cait +1 22nd / october
03:23 jwagner Is someone going to do an email to the listserv asking for nominations?
03:23 cait I think some of the proposal's might still give room for discussion
03:24 cait even if there are not a lot of candidates
03:24 paul_p jwagner, ???
03:24 wahanui jwagner, are you thinking of[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5391
03:24 huginn` Bug 5391: critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, cnighswonger, RESOLVED FIXED, can't add multiples to batch
03:24 rangi yeah, its a wiki, discussion can happen on the proposals
03:24 Brooke #agreed Express interest via the mailing list for Nominations by 22 September. Elections in October.
03:24 jwagner wahanui, no I wasn't :-)
03:24 wahanui jwagner: excuse me?
03:24 jcamins wahanui: forget jwagner
03:24 wahanui jcamins: I forgot jwagner
03:25 jcamins Didn't work. Sorry jwagner, you'll have to figure that one out.
03:25 jwagner Mind you, I think paul_p is a fine candidate.  I just think the process should be publicized.
03:25 Brooke No one said otherwise, Jane.
03:25 Brooke the community has always been transparent.
03:26 jwagner I know, just arguing with the robot :-)
03:26 Brooke #topic Old Business
03:26 Topic for #koha is now Old Business
03:26 paul_p jwagner, I plan to send a mail to koha-devel to announce the wiki page of roles and my application
03:26 jwagner great, thanks.
03:27 Brooke anything from July's meeting we want to beat worse than the other dead horses laying about?
03:27 rangi not me
03:27 paul_p not me either
03:28 Brooke #topic New Business and Miscellanea
03:28 Topic for #koha is now New Business and Miscellanea
03:28 Brooke anything else?
03:28 paul_p new business = one new french library has choosen Koha (and BibLibre). That will be  8 universities in France
03:28 jransom :)
03:29 oleonard Congratulations paul_p
03:29 paul_p Misc = some french librarians invited to greek universities conference, in november. To speak of Koha
03:30 Brooke #topic time and date for the next General Meeting
03:30 Topic for #koha is now time and date for the next General Meeting
03:30 Brooke toss out a date, peeps.
03:30 rangi first wednesday of sept
03:30 cait next will be on a normal time again - yay
03:30 paul_p won't propose a date, but the hour should be = 2 + 8 = 10GMT
03:31 paul_p cait++ :D
03:31 rangi yep
03:31 Brooke that is 7 September
03:31 cait hm thought we were going backwards?
03:31 Brooke ^
03:31 rangi lemme check
03:31 paul_p sept 7th ok for me
03:31 jcamins 7 September at... 8 hours before 0200 UTC.
03:31 rangi july was 10utc
03:31 cait I think it was 12 before 4 now, so next hsould be 20
03:32 rangi so yes backwards
03:32 cait in my timezone
03:32 paul_p right, sorry, we're going backwards
03:32 jcamins +1 from me for whatever time is eight hours before 0200 UTC.
03:32 rangi 18:00
03:32 rangi sept 7 18:00 utc  ?
03:33 Brooke calling for a vote 7 September 18.00
03:33 Brooke +1 to agree
03:33 mtj +1
03:33 oleonard +1
03:33 rangi +1
03:33 cait no vote - a bit badfor me personally
03:33 jwagner +1
03:33 paul_p +1
03:34 paul_p cait, another date better for you ?
03:34 oleonard Hey, voting is already in progress :P
03:34 Brooke ^
03:34 cait paul_p: it's ok
03:35 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
03:35 Brooke #agreed 7 September 18.00
03:35 Brooke #endmeeting
03:35 Topic for #koha is now Next General IRC Meeting 2 August 2011 at 02:00 UTC.
03:35 huginn` Meeting ended Tue Aug  2 03:35:11 2011 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
03:35 huginn` Minutes:[…]-08-02-02.00.html
03:35 huginn` Minutes (text):[…]1-08-02-02.00.txt
03:35 huginn` Log:  […]02-02.00.log.html
03:35 Brooke Go home!
03:35 slef I am home!
03:35 cait yes
03:36 slef ttyl
03:36 jwagner Me too.  But now I'm going to bed.....
03:36 * cait goes back to sleep
03:36 Amit_Gupta heya Brooke, Cait
03:36 oleonard See you later everyone
03:36 oleonard left #koha
03:36 Brooke cheers
03:36 cait left #koha
03:36 rangi night all the sleepers
03:36 paul_p ok, bye bye
03:36 paul_p is now known as paul_bed
03:36 Brooke the number of people that can't work a proper kiwi day, I'll tell ya.
03:37 jcamins Amit_Gupta: if you get a chance, could you send the rebased analytics code, with installation script, to the mailing list? I'd love to see it get into 3.6.
03:37 Brooke hey Amit, heard anything about KohaCon11?
03:38 jwagner left #koha
03:38 Topic for #koha is now Next General IRC Meeting 7 September 2011 at 18.00 UTC. This is a nominations meeting.
03:38 rangi it is?
03:39 jransom heya amit
03:39 jransom good night all
03:39 Amit_Gupta heya jransom, chris ;)
03:40 jcamins And now I have to go to sleep before I keel over.
03:40 jcamins Good night, #koha
03:40 Brooke night
03:40 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
03:41 rangi hi Amit_Gupta
03:41 kmkale joined #koha
03:41 Brooke you!
03:41 * Brooke eyes kmkale.
03:41 Brooke you needs make a few meetings, buster.
03:42 kmkale :(
03:42 * kmkale tries to hide
03:42 kmkale too much travelling :(
03:42 Brooke it's once a month
03:43 miguelxercode left #koha
03:43 kmkale a succession of bad dates
03:43 Brooke send a surrogate!
03:43 jati left #koha
03:43 jransom not a good look
03:43 Brooke but folks want your shining, happy face.
03:43 Brooke \
03:43 kmkale wish I had one
03:44 jransom so we have to ask: is KohaCon11 in good heart?
03:44 kmkale yep
03:45 jransom we need to communiucate that better to the community at large. non attendance or represeantation at koha meetings held at time specifically to make it easy for indian koha folk to attend was a very bad look ...
03:45 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5788] Move ReservesMaxPickupDelay system preference to the Circulation Matrix. <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5788>
03:45 jransom what a big growling you are getting - i'm sorry. thats not fair
03:47 Amit_Gupta heya kmkale
03:47 kmkale people I apologies but work schedule has been really hectic with multiple out of station projects.
03:48 kmkale Please take heart that Kohacon11 is on track.
03:48 kmkale hi Amit_Gupta
03:48 kmkale We have all the ground arrangements in hand.
03:48 jransom ok.
03:48 jransom thats good to hear
03:48 kmkale How is the papers and scheduling faring?
03:49 kmkale I did a few new papers reviw assignment but the reviews are just not happening by reviewers
03:49 miguelxercode joined #koha
03:49 Brooke line em up
03:50 kmkale meaning?
03:50 Brooke I can review everything but mine own
03:50 Brooke and I've only got 2 so far.
03:50 jransom i wonder at what point we need to consider reviewing whether to hang out for written papers etc - even abstracts?
03:50 kmkale I think that time is near
03:50 jransom what she menas is she will reviewe any and all that you send her
03:50 Brooke yep, jransom's got the gist of my natterings.
03:50 kmkale ok. I will reassign the unreviewed ones
03:51 kmkale jo's I have already accepted
03:51 jransom and perhaps consider an unconference format ...
03:51 jransom (my pathetic 1 sentence "i;ve been thinking along the lines of ... "
03:51 kmkale I think we have about 12. VPM will contribute a couple
03:51 kmkale we need about 18 to fill the three days
03:51 kmkale so we are not far
03:51 jransom I'd willingly withdraw my paper if the programme is looking full
03:52 Brooke 0.0
03:52 jransom or if better ones come along
03:52 kmkale heh no way jransom
03:52 kmkale we need more imho
03:52 jransom well dont expect too much before hand
03:52 jati joined #koha
03:52 jransom brooke and i are parking up in goa for a week while i write and she brings cocktails :)
03:52 kmkale shall we just accept the abstracts and request full paper submissions?
03:52 Brooke heh
03:53 kmkale heh when is that?
03:53 kmkale before or after?
03:53 jransom the whole week immediately before kohacon11
03:53 jransom then a weekafter we are heading up to delhi / agra / whereever
03:53 kmkale cool so Diwali in Goa. That shoud be real fun :)
03:53 Brooke I'll be murdered by KohaCon, though
03:53 jransom i'm so excited
03:53 kmkale SUPER!!
03:54 kmkale Wich I could re visit those places myself :(
03:54 kmkale *wish too
03:54 jransom its only an hour by plane from mumbai
03:54 * Brooke sneezes.
03:54 Brooke Planes are for richies.
03:54 jransom and i have a local family bruinging me a care package to deleiver to their daughter who under a briedge in a slum somewhere in mumbai with an aid programme
03:55 Brooke that is just going to be wonderful story material.
03:55 jransom may need some help with that wee mission :)
03:55 Brooke I'll be sleeping under the same overpass since ye'll be sick of me by then.
03:56 jransom it might be more peacful than my snoring
03:56 kmkale sure jransom
03:56 jransom kmkale: i'd just accept all papers
03:56 jransom stick them into a programme
03:56 jransom and change it over time as need arises
03:56 wahanui jransom: that doesn't look right
03:56 wahanui left #koha
03:56 wahanui1 joined #koha
03:56 kmkale I am leaning that way since last meeting I managed to attend jransom
03:57 BobB Hi kmkale
03:57 kmkale Hi BobB
03:57 Brooke ha. Disagree with jransom ye stinkin' bot, ye get booted.
03:57 BobB Do you intend that all sessions at KohaCon will be one hour long?  In my view, that's unnecessary.  There can be room for shorter papers too.
03:58 kmkale BobB: that was the general format decided in one of the previous volunteers meeting
03:58 kmkale 'but of course we can be as flexible as required
03:58 BobB We could even have a session for lightning talks - say six 90 second talks to make a 15 minute slot.
03:59 kmkale great idea
03:59 kmkale will it be on the spot? cause we dont have enough papers to fill the three days at present?
03:59 Brooke oof. 90 second talks are cruel and unusual punishment.
03:59 kmkale a panel discussion will be great
03:59 jransom i'd like a shorter time slot
03:59 kmkale lets try to set pne up
03:59 Brooke are you sure we don't have 18 solid papers?
04:00 BobB I've seen it at Linux conf.  Done well, its fantastic fun.
04:00 wizzyrea well 5 minute lightning talks are fun
04:00 Brooke the number i had on my reviews was in that neighbourhood.
04:00 wizzyrea 90s is a bit short
04:00 wizzyrea :)
04:00 kmkale hi wizzyrea
04:00 wizzyrea hello :)
04:00 jransom i thuink 5 min is great
04:00 kmkale how about the panel discussions idea
04:00 wizzyrea i really ought to be going to bed
04:00 jransom and i love panel discussions too
04:00 kmkale any panelists volunteering?
04:00 jransom very good to participate in and also to watch
04:00 kmkale any subjects for it?
04:00 jransom i have to take daughter to work
04:00 kmkale that could be a two hour event
04:00 jransom be back in 5
04:01 jransom what! 2 hours ... you'll kill us
04:01 BobB There could even be two panel sessions - one of librarians and one of support companies.
04:02 kmkale hey for a panel discussion with 5 / 6 panelists such as yourself, bob, brooke, paul etc it will be great
04:02 BobB Has anyone offered a paper on Authorities in Koha?
04:02 BobB That's a topic I'd like to learn more about.
04:02 kmkale and ruth
04:02 kmkale me too bob
04:02 kmkale and on article indexing
04:02 kmkale thats been bugging me past gew weeks
04:03 BobB Step up expert librarians!
04:03 kmkale can anyone do how to arrange a libraries workflow around Koha?
04:03 Brooke article indexing how?
04:03 kmkale that would be a great topis I think
04:04 rangi it should be arranging koha round your workflow
04:04 Brooke as in abstracting, or stop words?
04:04 kmkale heya rangi
04:04 paul_bed left #koha
04:04 rangi we dont have all those sysprefs for nothing
04:04 rangi :)
04:04 Brooke heh
04:04 kmkale hehe
04:04 kmkale but still an interesting topic for librarians looking to make that switch
04:05 kmkale and there are plenty wanting to do that in India
04:05 rangi yep, but we must make sure to stress there isnt a koha workflow
04:05 rangi thats one of our major points of difference
04:06 rangi so sample workflows maybe
04:06 kmkale that would be great
04:06 kmkale rangi will you do a presentation?
04:06 kmkale even remote one will do if you REALLY cant make it
04:06 rangi i really cant
04:07 rangi im presenting in nz at the same time
04:07 rangi and in canada a week before
04:07 rangi but i can try to do a remote one
04:07 kmkale not even a remote one?
04:07 kmkale aahh. you had an idea about the Koha timeline caan you do that?
04:07 kmkale can you take a look and let me know your prefered date and time?
04:08 kmkale I will create a slot
04:10 BobB Australians need a visa to visit India
04:10 Brooke like everyone does bob
04:10 BobB There is a tourist visa and a conference visa.  I'm not sure which one I will need.
04:10 Brooke Indian Visa?
04:10 wahanui1 Indian Visa is multi entry Tourist Visa *wink wink* *nudge nudge*
04:11 BobB To get a conference visa you need a letter from the organisers.
04:11 Brooke a yep
04:11 BobB And I'm not sure what restrictions that may put you on.  Can you do tourist stuff before or after the conference?
04:12 jransom tourist one is loads easier
04:12 jransom hey all those ideas for conference topics sounded good.
04:12 BobB That's prolly the way to go:  get a tourist visa and don't mention KohaCon at the airport.
04:13 jransom lets schedule a couple of those as 30 minute panel discussions
04:13 Brooke !
04:13 Brooke panel discussions warrant more time
04:13 jransom ok - more time then
04:13 rangi kmkale: will do
04:13 BobB Yeah, one hour for a panel.
04:13 kmkale cool rangi
04:13 Brooke Let's ascend Taranaki. 5 minutes. Go!
04:14 Brooke How hard can it be?
04:14 kmkale and yeh panel discussions one per day will do the trick of filling uop the slots nicely :)
04:14 rangi what times are available?
04:14 * Brooke is clearly punchy.
04:14 rangi and what is the time in india now?
04:14 BobB Who could we ask to prepare a paper on Authorities (amongst those attending)
04:15 Brooke I've got 9.44am in Mumbai
04:15 jransom mason maybe
04:15 rangi right
04:15 kmkale rangi: its 9.45 am
04:15 rangi and sessions start at?
04:15 BobB He doesn't claim that as a strength, afaik
04:15 rangi 9.30am?
04:15 kmkale rangi we havent prepared a schedule yet so pick your time
04:16 rangi that way i could do it frmo work
04:16 rangi without dogs and kids helping
04:16 Brooke you're no fun!
04:16 kmkale :) sure so we start day two with rangi?>
04:16 * Brooke cancels the Pro Football Advice from Ata slot...
04:17 kmkale that is 1st NOvember 9.30am for rangi's remote presentation
04:17 kmkale is that ok?
04:17 rangi lemme check
04:17 rangi im presenting at 1.30pm november 1st nz time
04:17 rangi so probably not
04:18 Space_Librarian I thought you were speaking on the 2nd
04:18 kmkale so 2nd november rangi?
04:18 rangi apparently not
04:18 rangi[…]ogramme/index_new
04:18 * Space_Librarian has days confused
04:18 rangi yes that works
04:18 rangi conference here finishes at 1pm nz time on the 2nd
04:18 kmkale hi Space_Librarian
04:19 rangi so i can head back to the office
04:19 kmkale Space_Librarian: are you coming?
04:19 Brooke and it's in wellies :(
04:19 Space_Librarian I'm speaking at the same conference rangi is
04:19 rangi and do the presentation at 4.30 nz time
04:19 Brooke clearly they needs move Lianza to like December.
04:19 Space_Librarian so no, I'm not able to
04:19 kmkale aww how can they dare intrude on Kohacon how can you let them?
04:19 kmkale Space_Librarian: would you like to do a remote presentation too?
04:20 kmkale rangi pick yor time and date between 31st oct to 2nd nov
04:20 * Space_Librarian will think on the logistics
04:21 rangi 2nd november 9.30 your time
04:21 kmkale :) good news Mason just informed me that he has transfered some funds as sponsorship for Kohacon. Thanks Mason
04:21 Brooke hooray
04:21 kmkale cool rangi 1 hour?
04:21 rangi hmm lets aim for shorter
04:21 rangi cos if it goes wrong
04:21 rangi (and technology does a lot)
04:22 rangi then its not a big space to fill
04:23 kmkale ok tell me whats confortable for you
04:24 rangi lets go 30 mins
04:24 kmkale ok
04:24 kmkale great :)
04:24 rangi cos it will be hard to do questions etc
04:24 rangi so just a 30 min presentation
04:24 kmkale hey no rangi
04:24 kmkale we can do questions etc
04:24 jransom 30 mins is quite long to talk
04:24 kmkale we have adobe connect pro
04:24 kmkale or a polycom based hardware video conferencing
04:24 rangi i aint using no proprietary software ;-)
04:25 kmkale take your pick
04:25 kmkale all you need is a browser with flash plugin
04:25 kmkale which you have already :)
04:25 jransom and some decent broadband
04:25 rangi gnash maybe :)
04:25 rangi
04:26 rangi something to test before at least :)
04:26 kmkale yeah
04:26 kmkale lets
04:26 paulnz maybe we could share video of our presentations at lianza for kohacon?
04:27 rangi oh thats a good idea
04:27 paulnz that way communtiy can see what we doing and see what the audience was like?
04:27 rangi how about that kmkale
04:27 rangi we are doing a workshop on koha
04:27 kmkale let that be a second slot
04:27 kmkale i want your face on a big screen ;)
04:28 kmkale talking to us in virtual person at least
04:29 paulnz true - can't compete with rangi on jumbotron
04:29 rangi heh
04:29 Brooke I like Paul's idea
04:29 rangi people better not yell they cant hear me, that was getting old
04:29 kmkale :)
04:29 kmkale so take two slots
04:30 kmkale may be paulnz can do the second one
04:30 kmkale at some time that suites him
04:31 kmkale rangi: if you can let me know the subject of your talk, I will create a placeholder abstract so that its easier when we do the scheduling
04:32 chrisdothall left #koha
04:32 chrisdothall joined #koha
04:33 paulnz kmkale - was thinking more of not realtime contribution
04:33 rangi how about
04:33 rangi[…]s/html/index.html
04:34 Brooke yes
04:34 Brooke want it
04:34 Brooke <3 it
04:34 * Brooke is thinking it's a matter of time before she bogarts part of that platform for American Indian stuff.
04:34 kmkale sure paulnz you can still let me know the length of the video and url etc
04:34 nengard left #koha
04:36 kmkale ok rangi, i will create a slot
04:38 jransom ok folks i am closing this distraction down and going to write
04:38 jransom left #koha
04:39 Brooke yeah, I'ma be a lazy kiwi and log before 5.
04:39 Brooke left #koha
04:39 kmkale paulnz: let me know so I can create one more slot
04:39 chrisdothall left #koha
04:40 kmkale that plus the existing papers plus the panel discussions will fill up the schedule nicely i think
04:40 kmkale let me make a rough schedule and send out on the lists for discussion ok?
04:40 chrisdothall joined #koha
04:41 Oak joined #koha
04:41 * Oak waves
04:43 kmkale ok bbl
04:43 kmkale is now known as kmkale_a
04:44 chrisdothall left #koha
04:46 chrisdothall joined #koha
04:49 paulnz ok, will discuss with rangi once your rough schedule comes out
04:49 chrisdothall left #koha
04:49 chrisdothall joined #koha
04:52 paulnz gotta go
04:52 paulnz left #koha
04:58 chrisdothall left #koha
05:05 chrisdothall joined #koha
05:06 kmkale_a left #koha
05:06 chrisdothall left #koha
05:14 chrisdothall joined #koha
05:27 kmkale_a joined #koha
05:27 kmkale_a is now known as kmkale
06:02 Judit1 i have a question
06:02 Judit1 all ready? here it comes
06:02 Judit1 marc framework
06:02 Judit1 i set the subfield to ignore, but it is still showing when i want to add a biblio
06:02 Judit1 yes i am using the correct framework
06:02 Judit1 3.2
06:04 Judit1 i even have some cases where i set the subfield to show, and itis not showing
06:08 Oak left #koha
06:08 Space_Librarian left #koha
06:10 rangi Judit1: is the server running memcached?
06:10 rangi if so, give that a restart
06:11 Judit1 have no access to server
06:11 rangi ah well ur out of luck if thats the problem then
06:11 rangi if u add a new subfield
06:11 rangi does that show?
06:12 rangi if so, its not memcached
06:12 * rangi has to go now back after kids asleep
06:12 cait joined #koha
06:12 Judit1 thanks!
06:13 cait morning #koha
06:13 Judit1 morning
06:24 alex_a hello #koha
06:26 sophie_m joined #koha
06:28 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
06:28 magnuse morning #koha
06:30 cait morning magnuse
06:32 magnuse guten morgen cait
06:32 * magnuse reads the log from the meeting and is impressed with all the europeans who attended...
06:37 miguelxercode left #koha
06:37 jati left #koha
06:41 julian joined #koha
06:42 julian hi #koha
06:43 miguelxercode joined #koha
06:43 cait morning julian
06:44 cait left #koha
06:45 magnuse bonjour julian
06:45 julian hello magnuse
06:46 jati joined #koha
06:54 lds joined #koha
07:02 matts_away is now known as matts
07:03 Ropuch^ Morning #koha
07:04 Ropuch^ is now known as Ropuch
07:06 Oak joined #koha
07:07 sophie_m hello #koha
07:10 Judit1
07:11 magnuse heh
07:12 Ropuch ;>
07:13 Oak :D
07:13 Judit1 it also reminds me when my brother 'fixes' something
07:15 kf joined #koha
07:17 kf hi #koha
07:18 Oak kf
07:18 kf Oak
07:26 clrh hello
07:26 wahanui1 hello, clrh
07:27 Ropuch hi kf [;
07:29 kf morning Ropuch
07:31 kf :)
07:59 BobB left #koha
08:07 davi Morning
08:07 davi I was not able to attend last night meeting
08:08 davi I am taking note for the next one, at September
08:10 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5872] Enhancements to circulation (see comment 23 for details) <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5872>
08:11 paul_bed joined #koha
08:13 paul_bed hello again #koha
08:13 paul_bed is now known as paul
08:13 paul is now known as paul_p
08:13 paul_p left #koha
08:13 paul_p joined #koha
08:18 kf hi paul_p
08:22 Judit1 left #koha
08:23 Ropuch I'm working on fresh 3.04.03 install, I have installed close to none samplke values and whilke trying to create new patron category I get The format you asked for ('') is unrecognized. at /usr/share/koha/intranet/c​gi-bin/admin/ line 103
08:23 kf ropuch: english templates?
08:24 paul_p hi kf Could you get some more sleep ?
08:24 rangi back
08:24 paul_p (I could & arrive at office at almost 10)
08:24 paul_p hi back rangi
08:26 Ropuch kf: yup, english templates
08:31 sophie_m left #koha
08:31 Ropuch And the koha-error.log looks like
08:34 sophie_m joined #koha
08:34 paul_p rangi, around ?
08:35 rangi yup
08:35 paul_p I try to add the "version" column to my search results, and get only the 5 first digits. So rel_3_0, rel_3_2, rel_... are all displayed as rel_3
08:35 paul_p do you have a solution to display everything ?
08:35 paul_p (what i'm looking is the last digit, unfortunatly !)
08:35 kf paul_p: I got some more, but not enough
08:35 paul_p (murphy's law...)
08:36 rangi you talking about bugzilla?
08:36 paul_p sorry, yep, bugzilla
08:37 paul_p I tried to remove as many columns as possible, the "summary" space is growing, but not the version column :(
08:41 rangi looking now
08:48 rangi try now
08:48 rangi bugzilla uses template toolkit, so i just edited the template
09:01 paul_p rangi++
09:01 paul_p thanks a lot
09:01 * paul_p just discover the difference between "nomination" in english and "nomination" in french...
09:02 paul_p in english = you apply to be elected. in french = you've been choosen
09:02 kmkale_a joined #koha
09:02 paul_p hi kmkale_a / kmkale !
09:02 rangi yep, quite different
09:03 paul_p and I know understand why I was not understanding "nomination sep 22, vote oct IRC meeting" !!!
09:05 Ropuch In polish 'nomination' has same meaning as in french
09:05 Ropuch Good to know english 'nomination' is different [;
09:06 rangi normally someone nominates you
09:06 rangi to stand for election
09:06 rangi in english
09:07 Ropuch < paul_p> in english = you apply to be elected - is it wrong, then
09:07 rangi you can self nominate too
09:07 Ropuch Oh, in that way
09:08 rangi so it can kinda mean both in english, someone has chosen you, or youve chosen yourself :)
09:08 kmkale left #koha
09:08 kmkale_a is now known as kmkale
09:08 rangi depending on context
09:09 Ropuch In polsih there's no such thing like 'self nomination'
09:09 Ropuch Nominated means chosen by someone else
09:10 Ropuch Uh, I'm falling back to 3.02
09:11 rangi must have missed something in the installer, we have quite a few clients running 3.4.x
09:11 rangi who can all add categories
09:12 rangi when you go to add one, does it have a list of category types?
09:13 Ropuch It's not only categories, I've made a fresh one this time with sample categories etc, and after that I was unable to get the intranet login page due to "The format you asked for ('') is unrecognized. at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/"
09:14 rangi weird, ive never seen that
09:14 Ropuch And it all starts with Use of uninitialized value in split at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 182. (and line 190) in koha-error.log
09:15 rangi @languages = split ",", C4::Context->preference("language");
09:15 Ropuch Only thing I can think of is adding polsih translation before running web installer
09:15 rangi yep
09:15 rangi ahh i thought you hadnt done that
09:16 rangi i suspect the polish sysprefs file then
09:16 Ropuch I'll look into it then
09:17 rangi looks like maybe the language syspref doesnt exist?
09:20 Ropuch I switched sysprefs.sql in pl-PL direcotry with english one
09:20 Ropuch Let's see
09:20 rangi does it give you a line number of /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ ?
09:21 Ropuch It was 156
09:21 rangi ta
09:21 Ropuch Let me set up new koha without polish language selcted in installer
09:23 rangi $row->{newdate} = format_date($row->{newdate});
09:23 rangi i wonder if the date format is the issue/
09:25 rangi what value is set for dateformat in the polish sysprefs?
09:25 * rangi looks
09:26 rangi hmm that looks ok, set to us by default
09:26 rangi i wonder why it thinks its ''
09:27 Ropuch Polish sysprefs looks like it hasn't been translated actually ;>
09:27 rangi it doesnt need to be
09:28 Ropuch Ok, after selecting en in 1 step of wen installer everything lokks ok
09:28 rangi because its the .pref files that actually matter
09:28 Ropuch I mean adding patron category
09:28 rangi soon, after magnuse fixes it :)
09:28 rangi we wont have separate language files for sysprefs
09:29 rangi because we only need one, since the translations for them are done with .po and .pref files now
09:29 Judit joined #koha
09:29 rangi its just the installer that needs a separate one
09:29 rangi Ropuch: if you have time, can you do one with polish, and hten just have a look in the db .. check the table is ok?
09:30 rangi if you dont, thats fine, ill try to do it sometime tomorrow
09:30 Ropuch rangi: I'll try to investigate it [;
09:30 rangi thank you
09:32 Ropuch I don't mind englsih intranet, but I'm trying to set up a demo  installation for my friend and I'm sure english marc21 form will scare her ;>
09:32 Ropuch Huh, I'm making lots of typos today, guess it's time for coffee
09:32 Judit rangi is there anyone responsible for translations of koha? who i can ask like 1000questions
09:34 magnuse huh? ah yes, i'll try to get the sysprefs thing done this weekend. but it will break older patches that add/edit sysprefs...
09:34 rangi Judit: fredericd is translation manager
09:35 rangi magnuse: no hurry
09:35 * magnuse would like to get it out of the way...
09:35 rangi *nod*
09:36 Ropuch Huh, that's strange
09:37 Ropuch I think I'll reinstall once again with pl and all sample data selected
09:39 Oak left #koha
09:46 rangi[…]urce_ils.html.csp
09:47 rangi nice writeup
09:51 Ropuch Ow, managed to 4 errors in pl installer files, now I need to learn git once more and submit a patch for  it ;>
09:52 rangi :)
09:54 kf Judit: fredericd is translation manager, but you can ask on channel too
09:54 kf there is also a mailing list - koha-translate
09:54 Judit i know the mailing list thanks
09:54 kf and nominieren in German means suggest someone
09:55 kf so it's the same as english
09:55 Judit i just dont know how to start
09:55 kf which langauge do you want to work on?
09:56 Judit hungarian- i dont speak any other
09:56 Judit unfortunately
09:56 wahanui1 hmmm... unfortunately is is also 11:23pm on Friday where danmc is too ;)
09:56 kf is hungarian already available on pootle?
09:56 kf ah,I see it is
09:56 kf what I would do
09:57 Judit it is, but i would prefer to start with terminology
09:57 kf ignore 3.2, start working on 3.4
09:57 kf terminology is not used in koha
09:57 Judit a
09:57 Judit well
09:57 Judit i guess i should start woth 3.4 then :)
09:58 kf and opac is a good way to start
09:58 Judit the problem is that i am not librarian, so i dont know the terminology
09:58 kf it's small compared to intranet
09:58 Judit okay
09:58 kf and not so librarian specific - because you want users to understand it :)
09:59 Judit how do you start with opac
09:59 kf http://translate.koha-communit[…]000.po/translate/
09:59 kf start at the beginning and work towards the end
10:00 kf if you choose 'Quick translate' on the trsnalte page it will bring you to where you have stopped translating
10:00 Judit that makes sense:)
10:00 kf some things are code or placeholders like %s
10:00 kf copy them over
10:00 kf translate only the words
10:00 Judit oky
10:00 Judit any other suggestions are welcome
10:01 kf there are some things form the xslt files that look quite cryptic, when in doubt copy
10:01 kf you can correct later
10:01 kf when you see it in context
10:01 Judit that i wanted to ask
10:01 Judit how do i see it in context?
10:02 Judit would be easier if i see it too
10:04 kf thre is no way currently :(
10:04 Judit oh
10:04 kf you can sometimes see the files where it's coming from and guess
10:04 Judit :)
10:05 Judit any other advice?
10:05 kf opac-tmpl/prog/en/xslt/compact.xsl:32 - xslt file - cryptic, copy over
10:05 kf hm
10:06 kf no
10:06 kf no other advice for now :)
10:06 Judit for now:)
10:06 kf before you start the syspref file, check how it's done for other languages
10:07 kf there are some things that are good to know before starting
10:07 Judit such as..
10:07 kf http://translate.koha-communit[…]late/?unit=569743
10:07 kf for example: acquisitions.pref#AcqCreateItem# cataloging the record.
10:08 kf you only translate cataloging the record
10:08 kf and don't copy the acquisitions.pref... part
10:08 Judit i see
10:08 kf so if you know that, it's easy
10:08 kf but if you don't it will look a bit strange in the end :)
10:08 kf ok, lunch time - will be back later
10:08 Judit bedtime for me
10:08 kf is now known as kf_lunch
10:09 Judit bon apetite
10:10 Judit left #koha
10:11 kmkale_ joined #koha
10:13 bigbrovar joined #koha
10:16 kmkale left #koha
10:16 kmkale_ is now known as kmkale
10:18 Ropuch kf_lunch: you can set up localize to use links in .po files and shows a translated text in context with just one click [;
10:26 matts is now known as matts_away
10:27 paul_p @later tell oleonard owen, you should change your appearance on chorewars = you've choosen the same as Magnus, and really, Magnus look like this ! really !
10:27 huginn` paul_p: The operation succeeded.
10:27 magnuse Ropuch: that sounds interesting, is it documented somewhere?
10:27 paul_p @later tell oleonard (kidding ;-) )
10:27 huginn` paul_p: The operation succeeded.
10:27 magnuse paul_p: :-)
10:30 Ropuch magnuse: hm, I'm back to koha after quite long time, let me dig it ;?>
10:35 kmkale_ joined #koha
10:36 Ropuch magnuse:[…]scripts/lokalize/ - it's opensrc script
10:37 druthb joined #koha
10:38 druthb O/
10:38 magnuse \o
10:38 paul_p hi druthb. Good morning
10:38 kf_lunch hi druthb
10:38 magnuse Ropuch: looks interesting!
10:39 druthb Hi, paul!  Hi kf!
10:39 Ropuch I remeber having small script to just open new tab in geany with highlighted line after click in link in lokalize
10:39 Ropuch Like 5 lines of python code
10:40 kmkale left #koha
10:40 kmkale_ is now known as kmkale
10:40 kf_lunch Ropuch: you should put that on the wiki :)
10:41 magnuse[…]/Translating_Koha might be a good place for it
10:41 Ropuch I guess I will, since I;m back on the koha road ;>
10:41 magnuse yay!
10:41 Ropuch Just need to re-learn few thing myself [;
10:41 kf_lunch we are here to help :)
10:43 rangi
10:45 Ropuch I don't even remeber why I switched from gtranslator to Lokalize
10:46 Ropuch rangi: the problem was within sysprefs.sql in pl-PL installer directory, after replacing it with english one all is working fine
10:46 rangi yay, i was on the right track :)
10:46 kf_lunch now you get xp for helping on irc ;)
10:46 rangi heh
10:48 Ropuch rangi: yup, just from the start
11:01 druthb left #koha
11:02 magnuse is now known as magnus_lunch
11:05 paul_p_ joined #koha
11:05 paul_p left #koha
11:13 Oak joined #koha
11:14 paul_p_ laptop freezed during lunch. Nothing seen since 12:47 on #koha
11:15 paul_p_ is now known as paul_p
11:16 paul_p left #koha
11:16 paul_p joined #koha
11:19 Ropuch There was something like 'simple aquisition' mode in previous koha, is it still here?
11:20 kf_lunch hm I doubt it
11:20 kf_lunch but not sure, I never used it
11:20 rangi nope its gone
11:20 Ropuch Me neither [;
11:21 rangi you can achieve the same, with a acquisitions framework
11:21 rangi that is edited to get rid of all the marc numbers, and remove a lot of fields
11:22 magnus_lunch is now known as magnuse
11:23 rangi hmm i should sleep
11:23 rangi night all
11:23 magnuse night rangi
11:23 kf_lunch night rangi
11:24 druthb joined #koha
11:24 druthb :)
11:24 magnuse \o
11:24 Oak hello druthb :)
11:24 Oak magnuse
11:25 magnuse Oak
11:25 Agent_Dani Hi druthb
11:25 druthb Hi, magnuse and Oak and Agent_Dani!
11:41 talljoy joined #koha
11:42 * magnuse agrees with stephen fry!/stephenf[…]811906560/photo/1 ;-)
11:50 NateC joined #koha
11:52 JesseM joined #koha
12:04 Amit_Gupta left #koha
12:06 oleonard joined #koha
12:08 oleonard It has been far too few hours since I was here last.
12:08 matts_away is now known as matts
12:09 * kf_lunch hands oleonard a cookie
12:10 paul_p hi oleonard
12:11 * paul_p went back to bed after the irc meeting, was really good to go to bed twice in the same night ;-)
12:12 magnuse heh
12:13 kf_lunch next 2 meetings will be better
12:13 oleonard paul_p: That's nothing. Sometimes my kids help me got to bed three or four times in the same night!
12:14 paul_p lol, i'm ahead from this now ( /me feels old suddenly)
12:15 paul_p in fact, it's not true : now, our 1st son awake us at 2AM or 4AM, when he does too much noise when going to bed after a late xbox game...
12:15 paul_p (Simon is now 16... we have teenagers parents problems now ;-) )
12:15 oleonard Ah, something I have to look forward to :)
12:42 jwagner joined #koha
12:56 paul_p oleonard, my suggestion = never accept a xbox or a ps3 in your home (a wii is OK, the games are sightly different). Since there's a xbox at home, Simon want only playing with it. We made an epic fail with the xbox :\
12:57 paul_p (it was my idea, shame on me...)
12:57 paul_p (was expecting our 2 first sons to play together. But they never do :((( )
13:00 oleonard paul_p: We got an xbox so that we could play Kinect games
13:00 oleonard By the time my son is old enough to play shooters it'll probably be too antiquated for his tastes
13:01 paul_p probably true.
13:01 paul_p Call_of_duty-- = Nightmare_for_parents
13:10 kmkale left #koha
13:14 tcohen joined #koha
13:18 oleonard This "Can't call method "subfield" on an undefined value" problem is out of hand. Second email to the Koha list in as many days with the same problem.
13:20 tcohen oleonard, do u need someone wo work on error catching?
13:21 tcohen s/wo/to/
13:28 oleonard It sounds to me like someone ought to. But I don't know the cause of it myself.
13:28 kf_lunch this is one of the error messages that keep occuring
13:29 kf_lunch I have seen that myself, but not sure what the reasons were :(
13:31 kf_lunch is now known as kf
13:31 kmkale joined #koha
13:37 tcohen that error raises when MARC::Record has problems with a record
13:37 oleonard There must be a reason why this is coming up so frequently now. What has changed?
13:37 tcohen in a script I published some time ago I used a pattern for treating those errors
13:41 NateC left #koha
13:43 NateC joined #koha
13:45 tcohen oleonard: some change in the templates that makes the browser introduce ISO characters instead of UTF(?
13:49 libsysguy joined #koha
13:50 libsysguy morning #Koha
13:58 magnuse morning libsysguy
13:59 libsysguy Hi magnuse :D
14:14 libsysguy seen sekjal
14:14 wahanui1 sekjal was last seen on #koha 17 hours, 31 minutes and 52 seconds ago, saying: I'm planning on it [Mon Aug  1 20:41:46 2011]
14:33 tcohen left #koha
14:37 miguelxercode left #koha
14:37 tcohen joined #koha
14:39 tcohen left #koha
14:39 tcohen joined #koha
14:40 tcohen left #koha
14:40 tcohen joined #koha
14:44 miguelxercode joined #koha
14:54 kf left #koha
14:59 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 4376] A minor change in the “GetMarcAuthors” function of C4/ would allow differentiate the type of authors in the templates <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4376>
15:03 samerrill left #koha
15:05 libsysguy does anybody know if it would be possible to move 050a into 952o for only a certain item type?
15:05 libsysguy i've never done a Marc based sql query
15:06 jcamins_away libsysguy: I'd use MarcEdit.
15:07 libsysguy well that is what i said
15:07 libsysguy but we'd have to export all of the records that are electronic
15:07 libsysguy then re-import right?
15:08 jcamins_away Yes.
15:08 libsysguy ok
15:08 jcamins_away Personally, there is *no* circumstance, in which I would do a bulk edit of marc records using SQL.
15:08 jcamins_away Write a Perl script to do it if you don't want to export.
15:08 libsysguy gotcha
15:11 * druthb fears what libsysguy is doing to his poor data.
15:13 Johnindy joined #koha
15:26 kmkale heya druthb
15:27 kmkale how are you?
15:27 druthb I'm great, kmkale!
15:27 kmkale back to the grind?
15:27 druthb getting there.  ramping back up.
15:28 kmkale good to hear that :)
15:28 druthb I missed it horribly; I love what I do, a lot.
15:30 julian left #koha
15:30 * druthb runs off for a lunchtime nap.
15:31 druthb left #koha
15:31 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 4221] defaultSortField & OPACdefaultSortField non functioning <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4221>
15:31 paul_p oleonard, on my way to rebase 5872
15:37 paul_p oleonard, rebased & resubmitted, you can try again ;-)
15:37 oleonard Thanks paul_p
15:38 kmkale left #koha
15:41 sekjal joined #koha
15:41 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5872] Enhancements to circulation (see comment 23 for details) <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5872>
15:44 alex_a is now known as alex_away
15:46 oleonard paul_p: What is .gitmodules?
15:47 paul_p oleonard, it's a link to automatically retrieve the jquery extension used in smart-rules
15:47 paul_p better than having the plugin embedeed = if a new version is provided, we will just have to update the .gitmodule, and it will be updated
15:47 oleonard Wasn't there a disagreement about whether it was appropriate to use that mechanism?
15:48 paul_p oleonard, there was a discussion between chris & hdl, it was mainly on distributing the releases, but it's not a problem : on your computer you've the code, not the .gitmodule link
15:48 paul_p so you'll distribute the tar.gz exactly as you do today
15:49 paul_p in fact, I think it's so handy that we should use this for all of jquery sources !
15:49 paul_p (but that's another question)
15:51 oleonard I see you've gone ahead and added jqueryUI as a dependency
15:57 lds left #koha
16:03 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5312] XHTML correction in authority summary <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5312>
16:03 oleonard paul_p: Is there some other step I need to take after applying the patch to get the jeditable plugin?
16:04 oleonard I'm looking at the page and the files are not found.
16:05 matts is now known as matts_away
16:06 paul_p oleonard, look at comment 23 = git submodule update --init
16:12 kmkale joined #koha
16:14 cait joined #koha
16:14 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 2809] Some search problems <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2809>
16:28 paul_p ok, time to go back home. I'm tired. read & did something on more than 80 bugs today...
16:28 paul_p see you tomorrow morning guys
16:28 paul_p (& ladies)
16:29 cait bye paul
16:29 cait following your path through bugzilla right now
16:29 cait :)
16:31 paul_p bye cait. Feel free to work on 5872 too !
16:31 cait the problem I didn#t start on tha tis language
16:31 cait ah
16:31 cait confused bugs
16:31 cait travelling for a workshop and presentation tomorrow
16:31 cait after that I hope to have more time
16:31 * paul_p now level 5 enchanter... I suspect chris adds too much CHA and INT, i'm already 18 in both ;-)
16:32 cait have to finish up my slides and notes
16:32 cait paul_p: I think it needs to be rebased now :(
16:32 paul_p cait, the 5872 ? just rebased it 10mn ago !
16:32 cait and you did no follow up but adding to the patch, so I have to create a new branch
16:33 cait ah
16:33 cait sorry
16:33 cait I only saw owen's message
16:33 paul_p git checkout YOURBRANCH
16:33 paul_p git reset --hard HEAD~1
16:33 cait I know that
16:33 paul_p git am -3 NEWPATCH
16:33 paul_p (no need to create a new branch every time)
16:33 cait although I will do it using git bz ;)
16:33 cait I meant redoing the first patch and adding the new
16:34 paul_p I love BZ. I see a bee everytime I read bz ... (because french bees do bzzzzz you know ;-) )
16:35 cait lol
16:35 cait not sure how german bees do
16:35 cait bssssss perhaps
16:36 libsysguy american bees are too fat to make noise
16:38 cait lol
16:41 bigbrovar left #koha
16:47 sophie_m left #koha
16:50 paul_p left #koha
17:02 miguelxercode left #koha
17:09 miguelxercode joined #koha
17:26 druthb joined #koha
17:30 JesseM left #koha
17:33 sekjal does anyone have a second to give a third set of eyes to bug 6634?  I'd like a non-ByWater opinion before pushing it through QA
17:33 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6634 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, ian.walls, ASSIGNED , manager_id not populated when paying fines
17:38 kmkale good night
17:38 kmkale left #koha
18:06 Oak left #koha
18:16 miguelxercode left #koha
18:28 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
18:40 NateC left #koha
18:47 oleonard rangi awake yet?
18:50 druthb1 joined #koha
18:50 oleonard I'm seeing this construction in several places in the templates:
18:50 oleonard [% DEFAULT ORDER_LOO.ordervalue="" %]
18:50 oleonard As far as I can tell that is wrong. Should be:
18:51 oleonard [% ORDER_LOO.ordervalue or "" %] ?
18:51 oleonard Although that's a bad example, because a default "" is dumb.
18:55 druthb left #koha
18:57 talljoy is now known as talljoy_crunchingdata
18:57 * oleonard can't concentrate with all the crunching!
19:00 bg this will cheer you up..
19:00 bg @wunder 99801
19:00 huginn` bg: The current temperature in West Juneau, Juneau, Alaska is 12.9�C (10:53 AM AKDT on August 02, 2011). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 90%. Dew Point: 11.0�C. Pressure: 30.02 in 1016.5 hPa (Steady).
19:04 jwagner @wunder 20740
19:04 huginn` jwagner: The current temperature in Hollywood, College Park, Maryland is 34.2�C (3:03 PM EDT on August 02, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 37%. Dew Point: 17.0�C. Pressure: 29.75 in 1007.3 hPa (Steady).
19:05 tcohen left #koha
19:06 druthb1 is now known as druthb
19:07 cait crunching?
19:07 * oleonard is listening to talljoy_crunchingdata
19:08 cait oh :)
19:09 druthb left #koha
19:10 druthb joined #koha
19:17 rhcl_away I'm listening to Little China Girl (Davie Bowie). Sounds really good on my Ubuntu netbook w/ Banshee (earphones). No crunching here.
19:19 druthb left #koha
19:19 jati left #koha
19:24 miguelxercode joined #koha
19:28 jati joined #koha
19:29 druthb joined #koha
19:29 cait left #koha
19:30 cait joined #koha
19:34 talljoy_crunchingdata tasty data....
19:38 rangi morning
19:39 druthb hi, rangi!
19:39 rangi heya ruth, first day of freedom?
19:40 druthb yes!  We left Philadelphia yesterday.  I'm loving it out here in the Amish country
19:44 rangi awesome
19:44 rangi you going to go see gettysburg?
19:44 rangi if u haven't already
19:45 druthb There's a farm across the fence from us, where we've watched a Mennonite man pulling some sort of ancient gasoline-powered implement behind two horses all day.. :)
19:45 rangi I found that a pretty amazing place to visit
19:45 rangi cool :)
19:46 druthb we're a little farther east than that, near Lancaster.  We'd like to see Hershey while we're here.
19:47 talljoy_crunchingdata mmmmm chocolate
19:47 rangi ah yep been to both lancaster and hershey too
19:48 rangi the McDonald university is near there somewhere
19:48 druthb yup
19:48 rangi and the crayola factory
19:48 rangi iirc
19:48 talljoy_crunchingdata like heaven for kids.
19:48 talljoy_crunchingdata coloring, chocolate, crappy food
19:49 rangi or 26 year olds
19:49 rangi thats when I was there
19:49 rangi hmm 25 even
19:49 rangi 13 years ago
19:50 sekjal hershey is kinda creepy... very Utopian
19:57 oleonard rangi:  Did you see my question above about template variable default values?
19:57 rangi nope
19:57 rangi ill look soon
19:57 rangi my bus stop
20:01 rhcl_away left #koha
20:17 rhcl_away joined #koha
20:21 * cait waves
20:21 rangi[…]fm?rssjobid=17679#.TjgVE827Cho.twitter
20:22 rangi talljoy_crunchingdata: ^^ :)
20:22 rangi this makes me giggle "Must be proficient in MS Office Suite and have programming skills associated with Koha system:
20:22 oleonard I was just about to say the same thing :)
20:23 * druthb loox innocent; she didn't have *anything* to do with that sudden vacancy at Amigos, no ma'am....
20:24 oleonard OMG, druthb disappeared someone just for crossing her!
20:24 talljoy_crunchingdata rangi: that job sounds so familiar.........
20:25 talljoy_crunchingdata why is that.........
20:25 gmcharlt talljoy_crunchingdata: indeed, just seems to ring a bell
20:25 druthb oleonard: better--I brought her all the way into the community, where her brilliance can be appreciated by...erm...people who will appreciate her.
20:25 rangi and who specifically ask her not to use MS Office :)
20:25 oleonard Recursive druthb is recursive.
20:25 talljoy_crunchingdata lol....was just saying...
20:26 * druthb thinks that she and talljoy fit together like peanut butter n jelly.  :)
20:27 oleonard rangi: I'm seeing this construction in several places in the templates:
20:27 oleonard [% DEFAULT ORDER_LOO.ordervalue="" %]
20:27 oleonard As far as I can tell that is wrong. Should be:
20:27 wahanui1 i already had it that way, oleonard.
20:27 oleonard [% ORDER_LOO.ordervalue or "" %] ?
20:27 oleonard Although that's a bad example, because a default "" is dumb.
20:28 rangi im prepared to believe that
20:28 oleonard :|
20:29 rangi i can script sed to do a mass change
20:29 rangi if you want to try a couple and make sure it does work the way you think it should
20:29 oleonard I've got a patch ready for testing, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something
20:30 rangi dont think so
20:31 rangi anyone ever heard of ZING as a library related standard?
20:31 oleonard It should fix Bug 6640
20:31 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6640 normal, P5, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , locations not showing in circ reports
20:32 druthb I've heard the term, rangi.   was bandied around as a next-generation z39.50 implementation, but I don't know if it ever got past the study phase.
20:32 * oleonard is off
20:32 oleonard left #koha
20:33 rangi cool, ill just say no, we dont support i
20:37 libsysguy sekjal: you around?
20:38 sekjal libsysguy: for a little while longer
20:38 libsysguy can i ask you about my patch that you have implemented in a couple of places
20:38 sekjal sure
20:38 libsysguy you said you had some changes to merge with it?
20:39 libsysguy i didn't see anything in the ticket
20:39 sekjal yes, I've not gotten to updating the ticket yet
20:40 sekjal the gist:  the Location line is showing if there are no copies available, so in that case it's always blank
20:40 libsysguy right
20:40 libsysguy nengard was talking about that
20:40 libsysguy was a bug prior to my ticket
20:40 sekjal and, locations aren't really needed for Checked out, Lost, Withdrawn, Damaged, On Hold or In Transit items
20:40 libsysguy but the call number is in the location
20:41 libsysguy and in that ticket i think it said they wanted to show the call number regardless of status
20:42 sekjal hmmm.  the library that's using it found that seeing the same shelving location/callnumber combo for both checked in and checked out items looked "bad" to them
20:42 libsysguy maybe i didn't have an example of that
20:42 libsysguy how can an item be checked in and checked out?
20:43 sekjal in this case, one volume was checked out, and 4 were checked in, but they all had the same callnumber and location
20:43 libsysguy ahh so since there was one checked out it showed them all as checked out?
20:43 sekjal so the location + callnumber was repeated twice, once in green and once in red
20:43 libsysguy right
20:43 libsysguy hmm
20:44 libsysguy so patched that?
20:44 sekjal I think the trick is to XSLT-key on callnumber+location, instead of status
20:44 jwagner left #koha
20:44 libsysguy XSLT is a tricky one
20:45 libsysguy but i don't want to tinker with it if you've already got a working patch
20:45 sekjal <xsl:key name="item-by-callnumber-and-location" match="items:item" use="concat(items:callnumber, ' ', items.location)"/>
20:45 sekjal I think
20:45 sekjal my patch doesn't meet all their needs
20:45 sekjal it was sort of 'halfway'
20:46 libsysguy gotcha
20:46 libsysguy so you're going to hold off on what I have until you have a chance to look at it
20:47 libsysguy i was jw because i accidentally deleted my changes and was just going to snag them from master
20:47 libsysguy but i wanted to have them in place before we launch on the 15th
20:47 libsysguy but i can just go back and snag them as a patch and apply them
20:47 sekjal right
20:47 sekjal at this point, I say pull the patches from Bugzilla as they are, and use them from there
20:48 libsysguy ok
20:48 libsysguy thanks sekjal
20:48 sekjal I plan on spending some time testing this xsl:key theory and seeing if it can be made to do the things my testing library expects
20:49 libsysguy ok cool
20:49 bg rangi?
20:49 libsysguy ^^ that never gets old
20:50 rangi @quote get 146
20:50 huginn` rangi: Quote #146: "rangi: when I was at brendans house we went to the farmers market and bought lots of almonds which I had to eat on the plane, cos can't bringthem into nz, so I was offering ppl nuts on the plane. cait: makes sense rangi: if its sensible for a crazy nzer to be waving almonds in ur face at 3am, then yes" (added by wizzyrea at 08:03 PM, July 28, 2011)
20:52 bg that and NateC?
20:52 druthb talljoy?
20:52 wahanui1 I CRUNCH DATA
20:52 bg NateC?
20:52 wahanui1 I LIKE SPACE!
20:52 bg I love those two
20:52 bg oh wow - know it's three that I LIKE
20:52 bg talljoy?
20:52 wahanui1 I CRUNCH DATA
20:52 bg brilliant
20:52 * druthb is almost afraid to ask...
20:52 druthb druthb?
20:53 druthb be durned.  it doesn't know anything.
20:53 bg bg?
20:53 bg YAY!
20:53 rangi bg?
20:54 bg heh
20:54 bg nice...
20:54 bg it should be I LIKE BASEBALL
20:54 bg ;)
20:54 rangi or LOVE BASEBALL
20:54 bg nice
20:54 * druthb rolls her eyes at bg
20:54 rangi bg?
20:55 bg heh
20:55 rangi done
20:55 bg sweet - happy with that
20:55 bg :)
20:55 sekjal okay, goodnight you silly, silly Koha people... :)
20:55 sekjal left #koha
20:56 rangi libsysguy:[…]ubstep-believe-it
20:56 rangi (rfp response writing music)
20:58 libsysguy rangi: you never fail with the awesome dubstep music
20:58 * libsysguy needs some git conflict resolving music
20:58 rangi oh i have something for that
20:59 rangi[…]dont-stop-mustard
21:00 libsysguy soundcloud never lets me stram
21:00 libsysguy oh wait
21:00 libsysguy i got it :D
21:00 libsysguy let the conflict resolving begin
21:11 cait druthb?
21:11 cait hm
21:11 cait libsysguy?
21:12 rhcl_away left #koha
21:12 druthb yes?
21:12 jcamins_away rangi: when's the string freeze for 3.6?
21:13 rangi 2 weeks out from the 22nd
21:14 rangi of oct
21:14 jcamins_away Thanks.
21:14 cait oh so soon
21:14 rangi feature freeze sept 22
21:14 cait time flies :(
21:14 rangi yup
21:26 Guillaume joined #koha
21:38 druthb left #koha
21:41 cait @wunder Konstanz
21:41 huginn` cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 16.9�C (11:40 PM CEST on August 02, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 78%. Dew Point: 13.0�C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014.1 hPa (Falling).
21:45 bg @wunder 93109
21:45 huginn` bg: The current temperature in K6LCM - Westside / Mesa, Santa Barbara, California is 27.0�C (2:44 PM PDT on August 02, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 51%. Dew Point: 16.0�C. Pressure: 29.84 in 1010.4 hPa (Falling).
21:46 cait bg?
21:46 bg hhe
21:46 bg heh
21:46 bg cait?
21:46 wahanui1 cait is kf or a programmer or really sweet or a source of great chocolate or the purveyor of an infinite supply of virtual cookies or not sure we need the page(s)... but that might just be me
21:47 cait no capitals so far
21:47 Johnindy_ joined #koha
21:47 rhcl_away joined #koha
21:54 Johnindy left #koha
21:55 miguelxercode left #koha
22:00 libsysguy so i was trying to apply bug 5079 but after i resolve the conflict i can't see the correct changes
22:00 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5079 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, tdavis, ASSIGNED , Make display of shelving location and call number in XSLT results controlled by sysprefs
22:02 miguelxercode joined #koha
22:05 libsysguy i think it is because there is an update in
22:09 Guillaume left #koha
22:11 cait good night all
22:11 cait left #koha
22:15 libsysguy left #koha
22:18 phlunk3 joined #koha
22:18 phlunk3 hi guys, after upgrade of version we went from creating labels for patrons and items in the same system to a split system, however templates from the old install were only carried over to patron card creation, can someone tell me the method for copying these templates over to the item card creator?
22:23 edw1npc joined #koha
22:41 mtj phlunk3:  $ mysqldump my_table > foo.sql
22:41 mtj $ mysql my-new-koha < foo.sql
22:42 mtj something easy like that...?
22:42 phlunk3 haha nah :) its not a prob anyway the guy who asked me is looking into it. They just don't know how to create labels or so.
22:43 mtj dump out creator_* tables, then load them into yr new db
22:44 mtj ah, thats a diff. situ completley
22:51 rangi phlunk3: what i suggest
22:51 rangi get them to download the manual as pdf
22:51 rangi cos then you can search over it easy
22:53 phlunk3 yeah I found out they hadn't read the manual after asking u guys ;) thats why I said he's looking into it now haha
22:56 rangi :)
22:57 phlunk3 also, an existing template for "labels" no longer works properly, these are meant to have to be updated with the new version or is it a possible bug/human error (they changed it and claimed they didn't)
23:24 talljoy_crunchingdata is now known as talljoy_away
23:46 Irma left #koha
23:46 nengard joined #koha
23:46 nengard hello all
23:46 nengard i just found a new (to me) feature in Koha
23:47 nengard where you can subscribe via email to know when a new serial is added to the catalog
23:47 nengard has anyone tested this?
23:47 nengard if so can you give me info on this so I can write it up for the manual?
23:47 mtj phlunk3: pass.. search for a bug in bugzilla - if not, log a bug
23:48 mtj nengard: not sure on that one, sorry :/
23:48 nengard no prob mtj, just hoping someone out there has tested :) my test system doesn't have email enabled so I can't test it to write up what it does

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary