IRC log for #koha, 2011-04-07

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:04 Waylon left #koha
00:06 ronald joined #koha
00:08 space_librarian left #koha
00:18 druthb joined #koha
00:45 pauln joined #koha
00:49 pauln left #koha
01:07 space_librarian joined #koha
01:08 space_librarian left #koha
01:13 space_librarian joined #koha
01:18 druthb kia ora, space_librarian. :)
01:18 space_librarian kiaora! :)
01:19 rangi hi druthb
01:19 druthb hi, rangi!
01:22 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6014 : Removing a leftover warn <[…]6cb00a6edc875040d> / Bug 6014 : MT3138 Adding some permission management to viewlog <[…]7e2b63c3b3158ffe8>
01:23 NateC joined #koha
01:23 rangi its kansas NateC
01:23 rangi how were the naked librarians?
01:29 jenkins_koha Starting build 128 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
01:32 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6032: Increase zebra biblio register stores <[…]091b493481a35d3f2> / Bug 6032: Give biblio register and shadow sane default max sizes <[…]d2f1f863fad8c44d6> / Bug 4374 Improve biblio data entry form regarding hidden/mandatory fields <http://git.koha-commu
01:33 NateC Hi rangi! The neked librarians were great
01:33 NateC and yes days not hours :)
01:34 rangi :)
01:46 ronald left #koha
01:47 ronald joined #koha
01:48 NateC left #koha
01:51 eythian
01:51 rangi lol
02:08 space_librarian left #koha
02:10 space_librarian joined #koha
02:10 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #128: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/128/
02:10 jenkins_koha * Henri-Damien LAURENT: Bug 6014 : MT3138 Adding some permission management to viewlog
02:10 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6014 : Removing a leftover warn
02:10 jenkins_koha * Frédéric Demians: Bug 4374 Improve biblio data entry form regarding hidden/mandatory fields
02:10 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6014 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED, Log viewer needs permissions
02:10 jenkins_koha * Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 6032: Give biblio register and shadow sane default max sizes
02:10 jenkins_koha * Robin Sheat: Bug 6032: Increase zebra biblio register stores
02:10 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4374 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, frederic, ASSIGNED, Data entry form doesn't use hidden/mandatory flag as expected
02:10 jenkins_koha Starting build 129 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
02:10 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6032 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, jcamins, ASSIGNED, Give biblios register and shadow sane default max sizes
02:11 space_librarian left #koha
02:13 space_librarian joined #koha
02:16 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6100: should check maxreserves exists <[…]b1cb797a9931bdcf8>
02:21 BobB left #koha
02:27 druthb rangi, is the Marseille hackfest keepin you busy?
02:27 rangi yep, good busy tho
02:36 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: This patch fixes the broken pagination in <[…]c12249de7aaada710>
02:50 ronald left #koha
02:51 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #129: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/129/
02:51 jenkins_koha Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 6100: should check maxreserves exists
02:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6100 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, jcamins, ASSIGNED, should check maxreserves exists before using it
02:51 Brooke_ joined #koha
02:51 jenkins_koha Starting build 130 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
02:51 Brooke_ kia ora!
02:52 ronald joined #koha
02:53 ronald left #koha
02:53 space_librarian kia ora!
03:04 eythian If someone loses a book, and there is no replacement price defined, should a charge (of zero) still be added? That's what currently happens, but it seems weird.
03:05 druthb It would be nice to have a syspref or itype setting that lets you define a standard repl price, if one is not in the item rec.
03:05 rangi i think we should email the kohadmin address
03:05 Brooke_ ^
03:05 Brooke_ or honk loudly with a screen error spam
03:05 eythian OK. I won't do any of those, but I'll make sure they're easy to put in after the fact.
03:05 rangi or druthb's suggestion would work too
03:05 rangi coolio
03:06 Brooke_ hmm only 16 ranked women fencers in the NZ open category...
03:07 rangi thats cos they just tackle people here
03:07 rangi we are the world champs in womens rugby, for like 40 million years
03:07 eythian that's surprising really. We have a lot of fences.
03:08 Brooke_ there are apparently 36 sissy epeeists.
03:09 Brooke_ But really, who says stand and deliver for you are about the epee?
03:09 Brooke_ No one.
03:18 kmkale joined #koha
03:18 Brooke_ namaskar
03:18 kmkale Namaskar #koha
03:18 kmkale Hi Brooke_
03:18 kmkale long time no see
03:19 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6028 : MT3815: Quickfix for CSV export (9999 rows limitation) <[…]51a0f21497d3490a7>
03:19 kmkale missed yesterday's meeting
03:19 druthb namaskar, kmkale. :)
03:19 kmkale hi druthb :)
03:20 kmkale @laater tell cait thanks for signing off 6038
03:20 huginn kmkale: I suck
03:20 kmkale @later tell cait thanks for signing off 6038
03:20 huginn kmkale: The operation succeeded.
03:20 Brooke_ dude! Who taught huginn to cuss?
03:21 * druthb whistles innocently.  She din't have anything to do with that, no.
03:21 Brooke_ gnarly!
03:21 kmkale :)
03:21 druthb wahanui: Brooke?
03:21 wahanui druthb: wish i knew
03:21 Brooke_ yes!
03:21 * Brooke_ throws up the horns
03:21 druthb wahanui: kmkale?
03:21 wahanui rumour has it kmkale is right
03:21 druthb lol
03:21 kmkale huh?
03:21 Brooke_ wahanui: botsnack g&t
03:21 wahanui :)
03:22 kmkale wahanui: forget kmkale
03:22 wahanui kmkale: I forgot kmkale
03:22 kmkale wahanui: druthb?
03:22 wahanui druthb is a rockstar!
03:22 druthb harrrumph!
03:22 Brooke_ pfft.
03:22 kmkale ha! :)
03:22 druthb wahanui: forget druthb
03:22 wahanui druthb: I forgot druthb
03:22 * Brooke_ suspects the hand of wizzyrea.
03:23 * druthb suspects the hand of NateC or bg.
03:23 kmkale druthb: whats your local time now?
03:24 druthb 23:24.
03:24 Brooke_ if you wait 36 mins, druthb turns into a pumpkin.
03:25 druthb :P
03:25 kmkale whaen a patch status is patch pushed whats the next action? Its already part of master correct?
03:26 rangi thats right
03:26 rangi the next action is for the reporter to test it
03:26 rangi and mark it resolved fixed
03:26 rangi or not
03:27 eythian curious. C4::Circulation::MarkIssueReturned does everything except actually mark the item as returned.
03:27 rangi kmkale:[…]nt-patch_Workflow
03:29 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Fix for Bug 5156, JavaScript error when adding list <[…]3c5d6c27bef0513a6>
03:29 kmkale Thanks rangi
03:31 rangi[…]0&hide_resolved=0
03:31 rangi getting there
03:32 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #130: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/130/
03:32 jenkins_koha Koustubha Kale: This patch fixes the broken pagination in
03:32 jenkins_koha Starting build 131 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
03:34 kmkale :)
03:36 Brooke_ don't tell Irma, but beardy Branson's sub looks a fright.
03:36 Brooke_ just looks like they took the wings off his plane and called it a day.
03:39 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6077: qty not incremented for AcqCreateItem=recieve <[…]92d07c1795c617f97> / Bug 5946 : (MT1177), fix the problem of calculating the total remaining. <[…]37d43348feb2a6058>
03:44 Brooke_ left #koha
03:46 kmkale Can someone please change the topic? Preferably to "Next Kohacon volunteers meeting on 8th April 2011 6.00 UTC+0 "
03:48 druthb yeeks!  That'd be 1 AM for me.  I prolly won't make it, kmkale.
03:48 kmkale :(
03:48 kmkale next time druthb we will rotate time by 8hrs
03:49 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 5213 - Suffix number sequence not resetting properly in hmyymmincr barcode autoge... <[…]0f91f5b27a58cf5d5>
03:49 druthb awesomeness.  Since it's looking promising for me to go, I'd like to help, any way I can.
03:49 * kmkale hopes he won't be alone in the meeting :(
03:52 druthb time correction; that'll be 02:00, not 01:00.
03:52 kmkale thats worse
03:52 AmitG joined #koha
03:52 kmkale but in the last volunteers meeting we decided to rotate the times by 8hrs each meeting
03:52 kmkale Hi AmitG
03:52 druthb you might catch a west-coaster up late, but those of us in the east...probably not many.    As irregular as my sked has been lately, though, I might surprise you.
03:53 AmitG heya all
03:53 AmitG heya kmkale
03:53 druthb hi, AmitG
03:53 AmitG hey chris
03:53 AmitG hi druthb
03:53 kmkale hey AmitG how about that link to pazpar2 doc?
03:53 AmitG kamkale: sory for late
03:54 AmitG sure today i will send you
03:55 kmkale Thanks AmitG
03:59 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Removing conflict markers <[…]d8ea6e2d5af2e48d7> / (Bug 4049) Searching itemtypes returning noise <[…]16905e458cab9dbd4>
04:11 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote branch 'kc/new/bug_5957' into kcmaster <[…]2cc4c68470828e12a> / Bug 5957 follow-up: use comparison operator in if <[…]115c997506ab480bf>
04:12 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #131: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/131/
04:12 jenkins_koha * Matthias Meusburger: Bug 6028 : MT3815: Quickfix for CSV export (9999 rows limitation)
04:12 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Fix for Bug 5156, JavaScript error when adding list
04:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6028 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, matthias.meusburger, ASSIGNED, Fixing the 9999 rows limiation on export to csv
04:12 jenkins_koha * Alex Arnaud: Bug 5946 : (MT1177), fix the problem of calculating the total remaining.
04:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5156 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED, JavaScript error when adding list
04:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5946 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED, Acquisitions: Budget planning does not total correctly
04:12 jenkins_koha Starting build 132 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
04:15 Oak joined #koha
04:33 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bumping database version <[…]a41c88bd02a25812a> / 5936: Remove some obsolete db columns from aqbooksellers and aqbudgets if needed <[…]e73816bb94a256d17> / Bug 5923 : Removed link from variable $summary <[…]p=koha.git;a=comm
04:40 eythian Anyone know what the account type code 'FU' was intended to be? I see it referenced from time to time, but never documented.
04:41 rangi there we 2 types of fine originally
04:41 rangi FU = Fine unpaid
04:41 rangi F = Fine paid
04:41 eythian OK cool, then I'll remove all the FU stuff.
04:42 rangi yeah not needed now, just need to do an updatedatabase to migrate any databases that might have FU still
04:43 eythian yeah. The migration process is going to be fairly involved as it is, something like that is pretty easy too.
04:53 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #132: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/132/
04:53 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 6077: qty not incremented for AcqCreateItem=recieve
04:53 jenkins_koha * Chris Nighswonger: Bug 5213 - Suffix number sequence not resetting properly in hmyymmincr barcode autogen pattern
04:53 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6062: ordering basketgroups <[…]86cbf3a8c6a337a1f> / Bug 5951 : consistency change: s/planning/statistic/ <[…]99407c92840d2417c> / Bug 5915 : C4::AuthoritiesMarc AddAuthority <[…]h=c9def9328613401
04:53 jenkins_koha * Henri-Damien LAURENT: (Bug 4049) Searching itemtypes returning noise
04:53 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Removing conflict markers
04:53 jenkins_koha * Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 5957 follow-up: use comparison operator in if
04:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6077 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED, qty not incremented for AcqCreateItem=recieve
04:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5213 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, cnighswonger, ASSIGNED, Suffix number sequence not resetting properly in hmyymmincr barcode autogen pattern
04:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4049 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, henridamien, ASSIGNED, Search on itemtypes returning noise
04:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5957 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, ian.walls, ASSIGNED, COiNS in the OPAC search results should be optional
04:53 jenkins_koha Starting build 133 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
05:00 eythian <-- choosing software licenses
05:10 cait joined #koha
05:18 kmkale is now known as kmkale_a
05:20 cait eythian: still around?
05:20 eythian yarp
05:21 cait I think F is the first fine, and it goes to FU once the second fine is added
05:21 cait when you are using fines for overdue items
05:21 eythian cait: ah right.
05:21 cait I spend a lot of time with fines and notices
05:21 cait more than I ever wanted
05:21 eythian Well, it won't now :) if I need to I'll come up with something to reproduce that kind of functionality.
05:21 cait is your rewrite going to touch this too?
05:21 eythian heh
05:22 eythian it's replacing everything to do with accounts.
05:22 cait I think something like a counter would make more sense
05:22 cait to show how many times a fine has been added, the f and fu is a bit strange
05:23 eythian cait: that could work. A more accounty sort of way might be to make a synthetic transaction that increases the amount owed on it.
05:24 cait a way to track when the fine was increased is what I need here
05:24 cait because of our weekly fines thing
05:24 cait as long as I can get that out of the data I will be happy :)
05:24 eythian accountoffsets has a timestamp
05:24 eythian so that'd do it
05:24 cait hm no
05:24 cait or not sure
05:25 cait will there be an entry to accountoffsets every time the fine is increased?
05:25 eythian yes
05:25 cait I think it updates the same entry setting a new timestamp every time now
05:25 cait and I think I use the fine log to find out when exactly it was increased
05:25 eythian I'm trying to avoid modiying any records, only adding them and flagging them with states.
05:26 cait and it's a bit messy for weekly, because he increases it every day... not really increasing, but resetting, 1.50, 1.50, 1.50, ... 3.00...
05:26 eythian ah right
05:26 druthb left #koha
05:26 cait but I know, that's another kind of problem
05:27 eythian well, if I use an accountsoffset entry to add more onto the fine, then you can easily tell when it was last updated.
05:27 Oak "It's called GNU/Crazy" --
05:32 cait eythian: sounds good to me :)
05:33 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #133: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/133/
05:33 jenkins_koha * Henri-Damien LAURENT: Bug 5923 : Authorities list :removing link on Summary
05:33 jenkins_koha * Julian Maurice: Bug 5923 : Removed link from variable $summary
05:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5923 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, julian.maurice, ASSIGNED, Authorities list :removing link on Summary
05:33 jenkins_koha * Marcel de Rooy: 5936: Remove some obsolete db columns from aqbooksellers and aqbudgets if needed
05:33 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bumping database version
05:33 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 5915 : C4::AuthoritiesMarc AddAuthority
05:33 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 5951 : consistency change: s/planning/statistic/
05:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5915 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED, UNIMARC Authorities : 100$a simple error: Sometimes, language is encoded fre50 and not  frey50.
05:33 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 6062: ordering basketgroups
05:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5951 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED, Acquisitions: changing planning value to statistics value
05:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6062 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED, Basketgroup ordering
05:44 eythian cait: the 'till reconciliation report' that there seems to be code for is never used, right?
05:44 ka-admin_ joined #koha
05:44 wahanui left #koha
05:44 ka-admin left #koha
05:46 eythian I can only see it referenced from one place, and there it's commented out so that it'll never actually appear.
05:46 * eythian deletes
05:47 wahanui joined #koha
06:00 cait eythian: not sure what you are talking about
06:00 cait eythian: never heard of that report
06:00 eythian cait: that's good then :)
06:00 cait hehe
06:01 cait when you are about to delete things, there are columns for notify id and such things in some of the reports
06:01 eythian it would have needed a fair bit of conversion, and was never used, so I figured I was better off removing it
06:01 eythian yeah, notify_id has already gone
06:01 cait in the patron accounts fine table and overdues reports
06:01 cait good - wanted to delete them for ages
06:02 eythian they appear to be half implemented, but completely undocumented, so there was no effective way to reproduce them.
06:02 cait yes
06:03 cait and nobody knows how it is supposed to work
06:03 cait better start from scratch
06:03 eythian yep
06:04 eythian heh, someone's gone through after the fact and attempted to document the overdues system. A lot of "what is this doing? I don't understand it" type comments.
06:04 * eythian rewrites it in order to understand it.
06:05 cait left #koha
06:05 cait joined #koha
06:05 cait sorry
06:05 cait low battery and breakfast time
06:05 eythian fair enough :)
06:06 cait I think if it's breakfast time here it means that you should go home :)
06:06 eythian naw, another hour or two
06:06 cait hehe ok - see you later :)
06:06 eythian cya
06:06 adnc joined #koha
06:06 cait left #koha
06:09 adnc hello, i was following this documentation to install koha on an ubuntu installation[…]ki/Koha_on_Ubuntu. unfortunately misc/ gives me "Looks bad, check INSTALL.* documentation."
06:09 adnc did someone had similar issues?
06:10 eythian I think the INSTALL files talk about sax parser issues on Ubuntu/Debian.
06:10 eythian there's a configuration you have to change.
06:10 adnc eythian, the on described in that wikipages i did
06:10 adnc /etc/perl/XML/SAX/ParserDetails.ini in this file i added the two lines
06:11 adnc LibXML::SAX::Parser]
06:11 adnc
06:11 eythian you added them? or moved them to the bottom?
06:12 mtj 166     You will need to move the entire section for '[XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser]'
06:12 AmitG heya mtj
06:12 mtj 167     to the bottom of the ini file.
06:12 adnc mtj this line is at the bottom of the file
06:12 adnc let me pastebin that file
06:12 mtj[…]d1d44a012;hb=HEAD
06:13 adnc
06:14 mtj we should really remove the install instructions off the wiki, an replace them with links to the git repo
06:14 mtj heya amit
06:15 adnc I'm using 3.2.6 which i downloaded yesterday. the ubuntu installatino file is new to me
06:16 mtj try removing everything but those 2 lines
06:16 mtj after u save the orig. file ;)
06:17 adnc this didn't help ;)
06:18 mtj u have a typo
06:18 adnc ohh where
06:18 mtj [XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser]
06:18 mtj no leading bracket
06:19 adnc mtj, i cant see the typo
06:19 mtj and no [XML...
06:20 adnc mhh
06:20 mtj LibXML::SAX::Parser]
06:20 mtj [XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser]
06:20 adnc [XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser]
06:20 adnc = 1
06:20 adnc is this wrong?
06:20 mtj see the diff?
06:20 mtj no, looks correct
06:21 mtj Move these two lines to the end of the file:
06:21 adnc the documentation you pointed to INSTALL.ubuntu also talks about '[XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser]'
06:21 mtj [XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser]
06:21 mtj
06:21 adnc mtj these to lines are at the end of that file
06:21 adnc I've a pastebin with the content of that file above
06:23 mtj last resort
06:23 mtj comment out your other lines
06:23 mtj sudo cpan XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser
06:24 adnc ok
06:24 adnc is semicolon ; or hash # comment there?
06:25 mtj #
06:26 adnc XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser is up to date (1.70).
06:26 adnc XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser=HASH(0x81fe220)
06:26 adnc You have:
06:26 adnc XML::LibXML::SAX=HASH(0x8719338)
06:26 adnc Looks bad, check INSTALL.* documentation.
06:27 adnc mhh
06:28 mtj pass, i only run Koha on deb boxes
06:28 adnc mtj thank you very much
06:30 adnc what is the minimum ressources I would need to run  koha?
06:32 eythian adnc: it depends what you're doing with it. But I'd give it a minimum of 20GB disk and 2GB RAM. That'll be comfortable for most installations.
06:33 eythian you could get away with less for a small library where it's not used all that often. If it's large or busy, you might want more.
06:35 adnc I would like to use it for my own small library
06:35 adnc for my family. would you recommend using koha or is there a smaller alternative?
06:35 eythian oh, then you'd be able to be quite a bit smaller.
06:36 marcelr joined #koha
06:37 eythian I'm not sure of alternatives. But if it's small and low use, there aren't really any minimum specs, so long as you can fit mysql and apache in there.
06:39 adnc koha looks good, unfortunately i used a vmware image from because of not able to get sax work properly on my ubuntu box
06:39 eythian my usual recommendation is to run it on Debian Squeeze from the packages.
06:40 eythian But if you're putting it on a desktop, that may not be an option.
06:40 eythian the packages apparently work on Ubuntu, but I don't know if that'll avoid the sax parser problem or not.
06:41 adnc i've a tiny atom box which runs a t2 linux with archivista as a document management system with 2gb on ram. i suppose it will be lots of work getting koha run on it
06:42 eythian For test purposes when travelling I run Koha in a VM on a little atom laptop. It's not speedy but it works.
06:43 adnc sounds good, the problem would be with the t2 linux it has no packageing system
06:43 eythian yeah, that could be a lot more work.
06:43 adnc on the other hand that box runs 24h
06:44 eythian if you have the ability to install things from CPAN you should be able to get everything in there though.
06:44 eythian it might just take a while.
06:44 adnc archivista is a strange way of open source, i might change it if i find an alternative
06:44 adnc with debian
06:44 clrh Hi
06:45 eythian I don't think I've even heard of archivista
06:45 adnc
06:46 adnc it is a document management system
06:48 eythian ah, looks nifty
06:48 adnc there is a demo aswell
06:48 adnc principally not bad, but if you look at the support forum and read a bit
06:48 adnc than you might think twice about it
06:49 eythian yeah, it looks very quiet :)
06:50 adnc and that although the project is quite old. i think most of the people just do not want that pseudo open source software
06:50 eythian yeah
06:51 eythian keep in mind that Koha can't replace that, as it doesn't store documents.
06:51 eythian (currently, anyway)
06:51 adnc no, sure, i'm just looking for ways cataloging my books
06:51 eythian OK
06:52 eythian well, that's what Koha is good at :)
06:52 adnc i just see that i can use installations through cpan
06:52 adnc which cpan packages do i need
06:52 francharb joined #koha
06:53 eythian adnc: I'm not sure, there's a lot of them
06:53 eythian I think the makefile might be able to tell you.
06:54 eythian as in, if you run it and stuff is missing, it might give you a list.
06:54 francharb morning #koha
06:54 eythian francharb: hiya
06:54 adnc morning
06:57 eythian I think my module rewrite is going to make Koha smaller in the end, with the amount of unused code I'm stripping out...
06:57 sophie_m joined #koha
06:58 eythian francharb / sophie_m: is the hackfest starting up again for Thursday?
07:00 sophie_m yes
07:00 eythian awesome :)
07:02 magnuse joined #koha
07:03 francharb left #koha
07:06 cait joined #koha
07:07 * cait cait waves
07:07 cait hm... still asleep
07:07 * cait waves
07:08 * magnuse waves
07:09 cait @wunder Konstanz
07:09 huginn cait: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is 11.0�C (9:00 AM CEST on April 07, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 85%. Dew Point: 9.0�C. Pressure: 30.36 in 1028 hPa (Rising).
07:09 magnuse @wunder bodo, norway
07:09 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 4.0�C (8:50 AM CEST on April 07, 2011). Conditions: Light Rain Showers. Humidity: 87%. Dew Point: 2.0�C. Windchill: 1.0�C. Pressure: 29.21 in 989 hPa (Steady).
07:10 magnuse @wunder marseille
07:10 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 13.0�C (9:00 AM CEST on April 07, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 77%. Dew Point: 9.0�C. Pressure: 30.33 in 1027 hPa (Steady).
07:10 hdl joined #koha
07:11 SpaceLibrarian_home joined #koha
07:11 eythian does '' ring any bells? it doesn't appear to be referenced anywhere.
07:11 * eythian prepared to delete it
07:11 eythian *prepares
07:12 magnuse do it, do it!
07:12 julian joined #koha
07:12 eythian oh wait, it's referenced in circulation-home
07:12 cait do it!
07:12 cait oh...
07:12 magnuse better not do it then :-)
07:13 cait is it the report ?
07:13 eythian it's the 'overdues with fines' link there
07:13 cait there are 2 overdues reports on circ one with fines
07:13 cait oh, keep it!
07:13 cait :)
07:13 eythian damn, that means I've got to rewrite a chunk of it :)
07:13 * eythian prefers just deleting things :)
07:14 francharb joined #koha
07:14 adnc is it easy to make backups of the catalog? is there a documentation ?
07:14 eythian it's riddled with levels stuff.
07:14 eythian adnc: you can mysqldump, or you can export as MARC.
07:15 eythian the former from the OS, the latter within Koha.
07:15 adnc is the database from the vmware image of equal to the one from koha-community?
07:15 eythian It's strongly recommended to not use anything on
07:15 eythian it's out of date.
07:16 adnc i understand
07:16 eythian although, I suspect the vmware image there is done by a third party
07:16 eythian so may be more up to date.
07:16 adnc but is there a vmware image from the community
07:16 eythian Then I expect it's close enough that an auto upgrade will take care of it.
07:17 eythian oh, the notify stuff in here is different to the notify stuff in accounts. That's good.
07:19 cait eythian: it's not used
07:19 cait eythian: I never managed to get content into those columsn
07:19 eythian ah. hmm. So is that report used at all?
07:19 cait it's the thing I was talking about earlier
07:19 cait yes
07:20 eythian OK
07:20 cait but youhave columns that never show any content
07:20 eythian cait: no, the notify stuff in the fines is different
07:20 cait so if you could kick them out it would be nice :)
07:20 cait oh?
07:20 cait so what are those columns for?
07:20 eythian oh wait
07:20 magnuse adnc: if yo are unfamiliar with mysqldump there are some tips here:[…]Mysqldump_Library
07:20 eythian similar-but-different maybe
07:21 eythian I think there's two things trying to do similar things.
07:21 eythian The accountlines notify is going.
07:21 eythian But this other thing is just very confusing
07:21 Guillaume joined #koha
07:21 cait hmpf.
07:23 eythian hmm, I might just remove the notify stuff too. I can reimplement it in a better way if needed.
07:23 cait yay!
07:24 eythian it'll be spending a long time just in master, so issues will have plenty of time to be found.
07:35 matts_away is now known as matts
07:36 paul_p joined #koha
07:37 cait eythian: :)
07:41 hdl hi rangi
07:41 hdl Have you pushed a fix for bug 6085 ?
07:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6085 blocker, P5, ---, chris, ASSIGNED, Can't Change language both in OPAC and staff client
07:45 adnc i did a update on the koha management console, now when i try to access the user interface from the webbrowser i get a system maintenance message displaying. how can i get read of it?
07:46 eythian go back to the admin console, it may need something more from you.
07:47 adnc nothing that i could see of.
07:47 adnc it is the vmware image i'm using
07:47 magnuse adnc: you probably need to visit the intranet and do a database upgrade
07:47 eythian magnuse: that's what I just said :)
07:48 eythian (in different words)
07:48 adnc how can this be done?
07:48 eythian adnc: it asks you as soon as you try to go to the admin interface
07:48 adnc i saw that it did a pull from the git
07:48 adnc how do i get to the admin interface
07:48 eythian oh
07:48 adnc ?
07:49 eythian depends how it's set up, but likely http://address:8080
07:49 adnc i see
07:49 adnc that works, but what is the default password?
07:49 adnc and user
07:50 eythian hmm, possibly kohaadmin / katikoan
07:50 adnc yes ;)
07:50 kmkale_a is now known as kmkale
07:52 eythian in that case, magnuse was right and I was unclear :)
07:55 adnc what do the libraries already listed mean. like centerville, fairfield, fairview etc.
07:55 eythian they're defaults.
07:55 eythian or, examples rather
07:55 adnc do they contain books?
07:55 eythian Depends if you installed them/the vm maker installed them.
07:55 eythian Probably not though
07:56 adnc anything i could learn with them?
07:57 eythian I'd start by learning how to delete them, to be honest :)
07:57 cait we don't have example records in the sample files - so probably not
07:57 eythian anyone know how to do a DBI bind parameter to a query with 'IN'? Do I do '... IN ?' and pass an arrayref?
08:00 cait no idea
08:00 eythian according to the docs, no.
08:00 eythian have to create a placeholder for each one.
08:11 Guillaume left #koha
08:14 Guillaume joined #koha
08:15 * eythian goes home. Later all
08:17 adnc i'm sorry asking simple questions but I'm really new to koha. What does Authorized values mean?
08:18 cait bye eythian
08:18 cait adnc: it's a way to define lists of values that are used in several places in koha
08:19 adnc mhh
08:19 adnc cait, thanks
08:20 adnc is the admin user interface language available in german?
08:20 cait yes :)
08:20 adnc cool, where?
08:20 cait bist du aus Deutschland?
08:21 cait adnc: I am from Germany
08:21 adnc jaaa
08:21 adnc ;)
08:22 cait[…]ANET_staff_client
08:22 cait und
08:22 adnc danke
08:22 cait
08:23 cait welche Version möchtest du installieren?
08:24 adnc cait ich habe zum testen die vmware version leider von nehmen müssen. ich spiele ein wenig herum. die koha-community version (aktuelle) bekam ich auf ubuntu noch nicht zu laufen
08:27 cait pm
08:27 Ahmuck-Sr joined #koha
08:28 clrh is jared here?
08:28 Ahmuck left #koha
08:30 cait clrh: might be a bit too early for him
08:30 clrh ok thank you cait  ;)
08:30 cait np ;)
08:33 clrh julian: 2011-03-29 13:08:20 UTC StatusNEWASSIGNED
08:33 clrh oups
08:34 clrh julian[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5916 why don't you change the status?
08:34 huginn Bug 5916: enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED, Don't show the link to edit authorities to people who don't have permissions to edit
08:34 liw left #koha
08:35 clrh ok found sorry
08:35 kmkale cait++
08:35 kmkale :)
08:35 cait kmkale?
08:35 kmkale hehe
08:36 kmkale for being a very helpful soul :)
08:39 cait kmkale: hmpf
08:42 clrh rangi: When we have a "sha1 information is lacking or useless (C4/" on a patch which needs signed off - what should I do (long patch)?
08:42 magnuse rangi still around? would you mind having a look at[…]n_a_pushed_branch and seeing if it makes sense?
08:43 clrh hx magnuse
08:43 clrh +t
08:45 marcelr magnuse: hi; if a signoff patch corrects something in the patch, i would prefer to see it on bugzilla too
08:47 magnuse marcelr: that makes sens, yes
08:48 marcelr read it quickly, only small remark
08:53 magnuse marcelr: the one about corrected patches above, or seomthing else?
08:53 marcelr yes
08:54 magnuse i'm just trying to figure this out myself, so all corrections and enhancements are welcome!
08:56 cait marcelr: round?
08:56 marcelr yes
08:57 marcelr cait?
08:57 wahanui cait is a competent programmer AND really sweet.
08:57 francharb left #koha
08:57 cait hmpf.
08:58 cait I was looking at bug 4839
08:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4839 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---,, ASSIGNED, Adjust default values for MARC21 authority Fixed-Length Data Elements
08:58 cait can you help me testing this?
08:58 francharb joined #koha
08:58 marcelr of course..
08:59 marcelr shall i add a few lines to bugzilla today?
09:00 marcelr will do that, leaving for short now..
09:01 cait ok
09:01 cait thx
09:04 cait marcelr: working on bug 3072 now :)
09:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3072 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---,, ASSIGNED, 'Heading-Main' authority-index breaks authority searching in STABLE
09:06 rangi magnuse: yep that makes sense
09:07 magnuse thanks, rangi
09:07 magnuse but there is a problem...
09:07 rangi you can always push them to a branch and issue a pull request
09:07 rangi after you have signed off
09:07 rangi if there many, or big patches
09:08 magnuse after doing git commit --amend -c de96e09a48b for seven patches in one branch only the last one is showing my amended commit message, with the [SIGNED-OFF]
09:09 magnuse (seven amends with different commit IDs, of course...)
09:09 magnuse rangi: so a pushing to a branch on e.g. github and sending a pull request would be an alternative to sending lots of patches?
09:10 rangi aahhh
09:10 rangi do a git commit --amend -s
09:10 rangi -c
09:10 rangi -s to sign off
09:11 rangi you can sign off on the commit, or on the patch, or when you apply a patch .. lots of ways to do it
09:11 rangi but for this use case, signing off when you amend is probably best
09:11 magnuse so that would be git commit --amend -s -c de96e09a48bf49ada9337470ed4571b1a58cc174 ?
09:11 magnuse adding the -s?
09:14 kmkale_ joined #koha
09:15 rangi yep
09:15 chris_n` joined #koha
09:15 chris_n is now known as Guest964
09:15 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
09:19 kmkale left #koha
09:19 kmkale_ is now known as kmkale
09:20 cait rangi++
09:22 Guest964 left #koha
09:22 magnuse hm, i did "git commit --amend -s -c 130467d..." for 7 commits, adding [SIGNED-OFF] to the first line of the commit message, but when i do git log it's just the one at the top that shows the [SIGNED-OFF]...
09:25 rangi yeah that bit doesnt actually matter
09:25 rangi its the bit at the bottom
09:25 rangi Signed-off-by: fdurand <>
09:25 rangi that actually matters
09:26 magnuse ah, ok cool
09:27 magnuse and should the signed off patches be attached to the bug in bugzilla too?
09:28 rangi a link to the git repo they are in is fine
09:30 magnuse so rather in a git repo than as attachements in bugzilla? (sorry for being very detailed, i'd just like to have the correct procedure nailed down...)
09:30 rangi either is fine
09:31 magnuse ok
09:31 magnuse cool
09:31 rangi sophie_m: did you miss sending the signed off patch for 6104?
09:33 sophie_m rangi : I don't think so... I check
09:36 rangi i cant seem to find it, either on the bug or the mailing list
09:36 * cait accidently chose the wrong authorities file... 30000 authority records being imported and reindexed now
09:42 marcelr cait: thx for 3072
09:42 cait marcelr: thx to you for fixing it - our customer was complaining about that and I found no time to investigate :(
09:43 cait the searchs makes much more sense now
09:43 Oak left #koha
09:44 jenkins_koha Starting build 134 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
09:44 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6105 - Fix a problem when cancel a reserve from <[…]dd55a3061fe7924ed> / bug 4903: enable OAI-DC output when install done in standard mode <[…]c343e6ac1f7bd46f6> / bug6064 adding forgotten news version in kohaversion <http://git.koha-communi
09:46 sophie_m rangi : mail sent directly to koha-patches list. Waiting for moderation
09:47 hdl rangi: have you already pushed a fix for language selection on Template Toolkit ?
09:47 rangi no
09:50 rangi havent had a chance to even look at it today
09:51 hdl ok. I think it will be difficult for me to take a look at that.
09:52 hdl but will try
09:52 rangi not really
09:53 rangi look at C4/
09:53 rangi C4/
09:53 rangi line 51
09:53 rangi you will spot the problem right away :)
09:56 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6084: Follow up - fix more translation markers <[…]847726f363768f578> / Bug 6084: Missing translation markers in javascript alert messages <[…]bfa85d70bf60ee587>
09:56 SpaceLibrarian_home left #koha
09:59 rangi what the hell???
09:59 druthb joined #koha
10:00 magnuse ?
10:00 magnuse o/
10:00 druthb hi magnus.  :)
10:00 rangi
10:01 rangi if i read that right, we cant hash passwords in france anymore
10:01 * rangi hopes the challengers win
10:02 magnuse heh
10:03 paul_p rangi, you're right (& I hope that ASIC will win !)
10:03 rangi me too
10:03 paul_p sometimes politicians don't nothing to a subject and vote totally stupid & dangereous laws...
10:03 rangi yeah
10:03 hdl rangi: spotting the problem ok. and easy... But solving it not so.
10:04 magnuse huh? i do "git push github bug5422so" but only one of the commits on the bug5422so branch show up on github?!?
10:05 rangi hdl: i think what is needed is copying themelanguage from C4/ into C4/ (and making some changes)
10:05 rangi actually it might not need any changes at all, at first glance
10:05 rangi but is a good excuse to refactor ;)
10:05 hdl Well. I would like C4::Template not to rely on query
10:06 hdl since it should have to be passed all the way down.
10:06 hdl And I donot want to add one line to all the pl scripts.
10:06 hdl This would be not efficient.
10:07 rangi i think it is passed to it already
10:07 hdl I haven't seen it
10:07 rangi or it could just make it
10:08 magnuse lunchtime in marseille!
10:08 rangi ill have a think some more
10:09 rangi maybe themelanguage belongs in its own module
10:09 rangi tomorrow i hope to be able to work on template stuff
10:10 rangi and then back to pushing in the weekend
10:10 rangi but now, im gonna sleep :) happy lunching
10:15 clrh left #koha
10:15 francharb left #koha
10:18 druthb left #koha
10:25 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #134: SUCCESS in 41 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/134/
10:25 jenkins_koha * Sophie Meynieux: Bug #6064 Improvement of default value usage in overdue
10:25 jenkins_koha * Stéphane Delaune: bug6064 adding forgotten news version in kohaversion
10:25 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: bug 4903: enable OAI-DC output when install done in standard mode
10:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6064 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, Improvement of default value usage in overdue
10:25 jenkins_koha * Alex Arnaud: Bug 6105 - Fix a problem when cancel a reserve from
10:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4903 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, ASSIGNED, OAI doesn't work out of the box - XSL path
10:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6105 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW, Cancel a reserve from doesn't work
10:26 jenkins_koha Starting build 135 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
10:30 marcelr cait: 4839: some lines added for testing.
10:32 tcohen joined #koha
10:38 adnc is it possible to extract latex, bibtex entries from books in koha?
10:38 conan joined #koha
10:39 conan hi all
10:56 Irma joined #koha
10:58 adnc the z39.50 search only searches in us based libraries. is it possible to add german libraries?
11:06 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #135: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/135/
11:06 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 6084: Missing translation markers in javascript alert messages
11:06 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 6084: Follow up - fix more translation markers
11:06 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6084 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, tomascohen, ASSIGNED, Missing translation markers in javascript alert messages
11:08 AmitG left #koha
11:13 Irma left #koha
11:20 tcohen adnc: both yes
11:21 adnc tcohen i found one called which i added
11:21 adnc unfortunately the results do not show the umlauts
11:21 tcohen there are several parameters you need to know
11:22 adnc i just see that library of congress results do also not show the umlautes
11:22 tcohen don't know what 'umlauts' is
11:22 adnc ä, ü,
11:23 tcohen i use zotero for saving book entries, I then export to whatever format I need
11:23 tcohen ah, you mean you're having some encoding problem
11:23 adnc tcohen, yes
11:24 adnc i search z39.50 for a book
11:24 adnc the results are displayed but the encoding is wrong
11:24 tcohen are you sure you chose the right encoding in the server configuration?
11:24 tcohen (marc-8, utf8, etc)
11:25 adnc well, library of congress was preset with marc21 and utf-8, i suppose that is right. is also marc21 and utf-8
11:25 adnc both show the same problem
11:26 tcohen i don't know the details, but you could use yaz-client to connect to SRU the server
11:26 tcohen and test what the raw output looks like
11:26 adnc how?
11:26 tcohen yaz-client hostname:port
11:27 adnc i've established a connection, how can i than ask?
11:28 adnc and search for a title
11:28 wahanui left #koha
11:28 wahanui joined #koha
11:29 liw joined #koha
11:36 jwagner joined #koha
11:45 adnc can someone please tell me what "Source of classification or shelving scheme" mens
11:45 ebegin left #koha
11:51 jwagner adnc, it's what class scheme the call number is using -- LC, Dewey, whatever.
11:52 adnc i imported the book description from a german university via z39.50, which class scheme is it than?
11:55 jwagner Your item can be whatever you want it to be.  If there are defaults set in the MARC record (assuming US MARC -- I don't know about UNIMARC), it would be the 082a for Dewey or 050ab for LC
11:56 adnc jwagner, could you tell me please what a patron is?
12:00 jwagner patrons are your borrower records -- your library staff and users who borrow materials from your library
12:01 adnc jwagner, thank you very much
12:01 adnc so everyone who is involved in borrowing, adding books etc.
12:02 jwagner Correct.  Staff patron records need to be set up with permissions to use the staff client; regular patrons just need a record with appropriate patron categories
12:02 jwagner What version are you on?
12:03 adnc jwagner, I'm unfortunately with a vmware version I use for playing and learning koha which i have from i'm working on a community-version installation.
12:04 jwagner The community manual site might be of help:
12:04 adnc thank you very much
12:04 adnc nice project, nice community
12:04 adnc i see that there are names in the patron list
12:04 adnc where do they come from
12:06 jwagner did you load the sample data set?
12:06 adnc no
12:06 adnc not that i know of, maybe it was preinstalled in that vmware image
12:08 jwagner I don't know anything about the vmware image but some of the people who developed them are usually on here, so maybe they know.
12:09 kmkale brb
12:09 kmkale left #koha
12:09 tcohen #koha: is 3.0.x still maintained?
12:11 tcohen i've found that doesn't care about syspref filenames for xslts
12:12 jwagner tcohen, do you mean that in 3.0 XSLT doesn't obey sysprefs?
12:12 tcohen exactly
12:12 tcohen XSLTDetailFilename and XSLTResultsFilename
12:12 jcamins_away Is t/db_dependent/Biblio.t working for anyone?
12:12 tcohen i've fixed that for our libraries
12:13 tcohen and wanted to know if those 3' that would take commiting that are worth the trouble
12:14 jwagner Yep.  I fixed that starting in Bug 3108 and Bug 3788 -- other things have been added later
12:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3108 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, RESOLVED FIXED, XSLT stylesheet does not obey URLLinkText syspref
12:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3788 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, RESOLVED FIXED, XSLT does not obey viewISBD syspref
12:14 jwagner Frederic Demains came up with the original fix.
12:14 tcohen oh, there's already a fix?
12:15 jwagner fredericd's original fix allowed for including sysprefs in the data being sent to XSLT.  You have to add new sysprefs as the need arises, then modify the XSLT to read those variables and do something about them.
12:16 kmkale joined #koha
12:17 jwagner See also Bug 3098 and Bug 3545
12:17 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3098 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, RESOLVED FIXED, XSLT stylesheet does not obey OPACURLOpenInNewWindow syspref
12:17 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3545 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, RESOLVED FIXED, XSLT Stylesheet displays material type, format, audience icons based on leader/008 settings
12:20 oleonard joined #koha
12:24 oleonard Good morning all, I'm here to fish for answers again:[…]org/msg01231.html
12:24 cait hi oleornard
12:26 * jwagner gives oleonard some tasty bait for his fishing, but can't help otherwise
12:27 cait we are in past lunch ... coma
12:27 jwagner Are you guys taunting us again?  More pizza today, or something else?
12:29 tcohen jwagner: at some point in 3.0.x  there where introduced two variables: XSLTDetailFilename and XSLTResultsFilename
12:29 tcohen which are used to specify the xslt's to be used
12:29 jwagner tcohen, I didn't do those, but I think they came in when the staff XSLT support was introduced
12:30 tcohen DOESN'T use those variables, it has hardcoded a path to .../prog/en/xslt
12:30 tcohen so i'm not sure those bugs are related
12:31 tcohen directly to my question
12:31 sekjal joined #koha
12:31 jwagner The current head shouldn't have the hardcoded path
12:31 jwagner it builds it something like staff/opac + theme directory + language + filename
12:31 tcohen in master, there is a multi-language approach
12:31 cait tcohen: I think in 3.2 it works
12:32 cait the sys prefs and xslt translation
12:32 jwagner See recent discussion of that section in Bug 4447
12:32 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4447 enhancement, P5, ---, chris, NEW, Allow external URL/storage location for XSLT stylesheets
12:32 tcohen in 3.0.x it works too, the thing is there are variables for specifying the desired xslt files in filesystem
12:32 tcohen jwagner: thanks
12:34 magnuse jwagner: yes, more taunting. today we dove to the beach and had an "asian" lunch buffet - very nice!
12:34 magnuse s/dove/drove/
12:34 jwagner Harrumph!!!
12:34 cait with a great view to the sea
12:34 cait :)
12:35 jwagner My refined sensibilities are stopping me from quoting a relevant line or two from Monty Python and the Holy Grail....
12:38 marcelr left #koha
12:38 magnuse hehe
12:39 * jwagner warns that if there's any more taunting I will issue the command "fetchez la vache!"
12:40 clrh joined #koha
12:40 * cait waves to clrh
12:40 cait jwagner threatened us with something in french when we don't stop talking about the nice lunch we had
12:41 cait it's good we don't speak french :)
12:41 jwagner More accurately, it was a Monty Python bad-French quote!
12:42 hdl tcohen: If you want to send patches... You may. Though I am to ask the community whether a 3.0.7 is still required.
12:42 tcohen ok
12:44 gmcharlt good morning
12:44 gmcharlt hdl: regarding question - security updates are  it for 3.0.x, IMO
12:45 hdl gmcharlt: ok
12:49 francharb joined #koha
12:49 oleonard gmcharlt: I throw myself at your knowledgeable feet:[…]org/msg01231.html
12:50 gmcharlt oleonard: the former is correct - i.e., you can change it, but then must run
12:51 * gmcharlt also takes this opportunity to dub thee Sir Owen of the Cascading Styles
12:51 cait oleonard++
12:51 oleonard Do you think it would be appropriate to move that warning to ?
12:51 gmcharlt oleonard: yes
12:52 oleonard Thank you!
12:52 oleonard gmcharlt++
12:53 oleonard being_a_persistent_pest++
12:53 * chris_n thinks 3.2.7 may have a record number of fixes in it
12:56 JesseM joined #koha
12:58 JesseM morning #Koha
12:59 cait chris_n: how many are there?
13:00 chris_n not sure of the total, but there's a pile going into master
13:01 * chris_n will have a better idea after the next run of cherry-picking
13:08 NateC joined #koha
13:11 tcohen jwagner, cait, hdl: the bug was invalid. My sysprefs where not in good shape
13:12 tcohen I don't know how that happen, was putting the right names...
13:12 jwagner Those darned sysprefs.  They do that out of sheer spite, sometimes!
13:12 tcohen XSLTDetailFilename was XSLTDetailsFilename in my database
13:21 jcamins_away left #koha
13:22 jcamins joined #koha
13:22 jcamins left #koha
13:24 jcamins joined #koha
13:24 jcamins left #koha
13:25 jcamins joined #koha
13:25 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
13:27 JesseM left #koha
13:31 cait jcamins: need the duct tape?
13:31 jcamins_away cait: no, I was having some issues getting IRSSI to behave the way I wanted.
13:32 jcamins_away Also, I had to restart my server because it was reporting 4GB of the 512MB of RAM in use.
13:35 clrh left #koha
13:35 clrh joined #koha
13:35 JesseM joined #koha
13:41 francharb left #koha
13:43 clrh_ joined #koha
13:49 cait oleonard: around?
13:49 oleonard Yes
13:51 cait ah
13:51 cait I was confusing bugs
13:51 clrh_ left #koha
13:51 cait sorry!
13:53 paul_p magnuse++ and cait++ for testing frog legs today :D ( and liking it :D )
13:53 * cait hides
13:53 francharb joined #koha
13:53 gmcharlt paul_p: so, how does write a test case for frog legs?
13:53 * cait waves to francharb from her hiding place
13:53 magnuse paul_p: where do we sign off on them?
13:53 * jwagner warned you! Fetchez la vache!!!!
13:53 francharb cait: i cant see you...
13:53 francharb oh wait
13:54 francharb i see your hands
13:54 francharb ;)
13:54 cait hehe
13:54 francharb jwagner: Fetchez la vache?
13:54 paul_p cait, do you really think you're hidden by Mark ?
13:55 jwagner Monty Python quote.  I warned them what would happen if they kept taunting about their great lunch....
13:55 francharb hehe
13:55 jwagner There are other quotes I could use....
13:55 paul_p tommorrow, cait & magnuse will try a typically marseille meal. not the bouillabaisse (much too expensive), but the aioli
13:56 cait aioli?
13:56 cait garlic?
13:56 jwagner Harrumph!
13:56 magnuse garlic++
13:56 cait paul_p: :P
13:57 paul_p is a small part of the aioli. It's just the mayonnaise. The full  aioli comes with veggetables & fish
13:57 magnuse russel_garlick++ even
13:58 francharb friday is garlic orgy day in france! ;)
13:59 francharb just kidding
13:59 Guillaume Ah, french food !
14:00 * magnuse could do with an overdose of garlic
14:05 kmkale is there anything like a autobarcode for serials?
14:07 cait hm in theory the same plugin should work
14:08 paul_p cait & kmkale = Just submitted a patch today because there was a bug here !
14:08 paul_p some framework specifications where not used by ACQ (or serial) item creation.?
14:08 paul_p one of them being plugins.
14:09 kmkale humm thanks paul_p
14:09 cait paul_p: marked failed qa - didn't work for me
14:09 paul_p so on koha 3.2.x, it won't work.
14:09 * cait hides better
14:09 paul_p cait, didn't worked or didn't apply ?
14:09 cait didn't work
14:09 cait got the ... but didn't work
14:09 cait tested with acq date
14:09 paul_p mmm... I tested it and everything was OK
14:10 paul_p I got the ... and a popup appeared as expected
14:10 cait I still have the branch
14:10 cait hm. perhaps we are talking about different htings?
14:10 kmkale also in koha when I create a new subscription, I get weird date in "History end date" even though I have not entered any manual history. This then prevents me from receiving that serial
14:10 cait ther eis no popup for the items plugins
14:12 kmkale with an error "Date::Calc::Delta_Days(): Not a valid date at /home/kk/kohaclone/C4/ line 1612"
14:13 kmkale If I click "cancel manual history" and save the subscription, the "History end date" is blanked out and then I can receive the serials.
14:14 jwagner I could _swear_ that item non-public notes used to show in staff mode, in the holdings table along with the other item columns.  But I've checked at several version levels and am not seeing them. Am I hallucinating?  Or did they go away at some point?
14:16 oleonard Bug 4222
14:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4222 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, robin, ASSIGNED, Nonpublic note not appearing in the staff client
14:18 chris_n what recall :)
14:18 oleonard Yes, Bugzilla has excellent recall ;)
14:18 jwagner Hmmm.  The non-public notes has apparently been mapped to the paidfor fields for a long time -- the patch is creating a new field & changing that mapping?
14:19 gmcharlt slef: btw, I forgot mention that I installed  the BugZilla::Owen module as well yesterday ;)
14:19 cait oh, what does it do?
14:19 jwagner Solves every problem in sight?
14:19 gmcharlt cait: we just saw a demonstration ;)
14:19 cait pestering people to get answers? :)
14:23 oleonard It would be funny to have a bot that randomly pestered people based on their assignments in bugzilla
14:24 cait hehe
14:25 cait something like: cait, have you forgotten about bug xxxx?
14:25 gmcharlt bugzilla actually has a feature to do that, albeit via email
14:26 cait but you can't feed cookies to mails
14:26 * oleonard goes looking for the oldest outstanding non-enhancement bug and finds bug 2892
14:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2892 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, Modification Log creates incorrect query
14:26 oleonard That should look familiar, gmcharlt
14:26 tcohen cait: in chromium Print > Quick slip doesn't work either
14:26 cait tcohen: ouch
14:27 gmcharlt oleonard: rather
14:27 sekjal so, what about setting up whining (the BZ email out function), then turning the output to RSS, then having huginn bring that in?
14:27 tcohen my patch just calls that function
14:27 cait sekjal: love it :)
14:27 tcohen (i.e. printx_window('qslip')
14:28 oleonard gmcharlt: The second flaw listed by that bug looks valid, but could be a template change.
14:32 tcohen #koha: anyone can confirm that in patron's checkout page
14:32 cait tcohen: I could sign off on it with the caveat that it will not work on chromium?
14:33 tcohen triggering "Quick slip" or "Print slip" desn't work at all in chrome/chromium and perhaps others than firefox??
14:34 gmcharlt oleonard: are you able to reproduce that bug?
14:34 tcohen i'm installing opera to test it too, but don't have iexplorer to test
14:34 oleonard gmcharlt: The date limit one?
14:34 gmcharlt right
14:35 gmcharlt asking because I can't
14:35 gmcharlt and the history shows a few bits that may have fixed that part of the bug as a side-effect
14:37 oleonard gmcharlt: Yesterday when I was testing 6102 I made a change to a biblio record so it would have a modification log. Today if I search for that biblionumber I get no results
14:37 tcohen oleonard, gmcharlt,rangi: there might be a blocker in master if we confirm printx_window javascript function is not being triggered/working properly
14:37 wizzyrea un mo
14:37 wizzyrea testing slips
14:37 * wizzyrea has a particular interest
14:37 gmcharlt oleonard: ok, I'll try again
14:37 * magnuse bets she has more then one too ;-)
14:38 sekjal how does Koha determine which branch an item is allowed to be returned to?
14:38 oleonard gmcharlt: I left "all" selected under "module" and entered the biblionumber in the Object field.
14:38 cait if the problem is only for chromium it might be not a blocker... if it has never worked
14:38 paul_p hackfest news = 156 bugs on 257 that were on biblibre/master are now on bugzilla or confirmed as irrelevant...
14:39 cait sekjal: I think ind branches is one of the things
14:39 gmcharlt cait: I'd consider it a blocker; I think there are enough Koha users using Chrome
14:39 cait seems you can only return ot the home branch when that it turned on
14:39 wizzyrea homeorholdingbranchreturn may be another
14:39 wizzyrea i could be wrong on that, actually
14:39 sekjal I see three possibly policies we could want to implement:
14:40 wizzyrea @quote get 123
14:40 huginn wizzyrea: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
14:40 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
14:40 sekjal issuing branch only (which should be the items.holdingbranch), either issuing branch or home branch, or any branch in the system
14:40 tcohen cait: if is not a blocker, then you can sign-off on it
14:41 gmcharlt oleonard: not seeing; could you try adding a 'die $query;' to after line 236 for C4/ and see what the query looks like?
14:41 lillian joined #koha
14:41 tcohen but i'd like that there where a bug in bugzilla saying printing slips doesn't work in chrome/chromium
14:41 lillian left #koha
14:41 tcohen i'm downloading opera right now to test
14:42 * wizzyrea twiddles her thumbs while she waits for the db update
14:43 Ahmuck joined #koha
14:44 oleonard gmcharlt: SELECT * FROM   action_logs WHERE 1 AND action IN (?)  AND object = ?
14:44 oleonard Certainly looks like it should be working.
14:44 gmcharlt what are you setting the action filter to?
14:45 oleonard I didn't change it, so it was set to all
14:46 gmcharlt around line 223 of C4/, what is $action set to?
14:46 cait tcohen: keep me updated?
14:47 cait tcohen: lots of things happening around here - loosing track a little
14:47 Ahmuck-Sr left #koha
14:49 tcohen cait: don't worry, i'll post anything I find
14:50 oleonard gmcharlt: what do you mean?
14:51 gmcharlt oleonard: I'm asking what the $action variable is set to; it should be blank if you've chosen 'all'
14:56 chris_n left #koha
14:56 cait wizzyrea: around?
14:56 wizzyrea yesm
14:57 cait[…]/faq/authorities/ has a wrong link to hte manual, - can this be fixed?
14:57 cait I know we are moving the manual
14:57 chris_n joined #koha
14:57 wizzyrea yep
14:59 * tcohen installed windows on his box after several years (virtualbox )
14:59 oleonard gmcharlt: If I warn $action at line 225, I get ARRAY(0x9e601f0)
15:03 Guillaume left #koha
15:03 wizzyrea the javascript print/close thing is a well known issue in chrome
15:03 wizzyrea it just doesn't work
15:03 wizzyrea (I just read about it)
15:04 wizzyrea it tries to load the page after the scripts fire, instead of before
15:04 rhcl huggin: bug 5197
15:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5197 enhancement, P5, ---, henridamien, NEW, today's date on notices
15:04 francharb left #koha
15:05 jcamins_away floors--
15:08 cait ?
15:08 jcamins_away left #koha
15:08 rhcl hugginn: bug 6099
15:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6099 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED, pagination error on GROUP BY guided reports
15:08 pastebot0 "gmcharlt" at pasted "oleonard: please try this" (13 lines) at
15:09 jcamins joined #koha
15:11 rhcl If a patch for a bug has been written, that will show up in bugzilla even before a signoff, right?
15:11 oleonard gmcharlt: Making that changes gives me results if I leave "action" as "all." But before or after making that change selecting "modify" does *not* return results.
15:11 tcohen anyone that has safari could please test if slip printing (quick slip and print slip) is working there?
15:11 oleonard rhcl: Assuming someone attached the patch to the bug report.
15:12 rhcl I have rumint (uh, that would be rumor intelligence (information)) that a patch was written for bug 5197
15:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5197 enhancement, P5, ---, henridamien, NEW, today's date on notices
15:12 rhcl but I don't see the patch in bugzilla
15:13 wizzyrea tcohen: similar sort of problem on safari, afaict
15:13 oleonard No patch in bugzilla, no patch sent to the patches list (at least not identified with that bug number)
15:14 tcohen wizzyrea: ack, i'll report a bug, it seems to be a problem with webkit
15:14 wizzyrea it is
15:14 wizzyrea thx
15:15 magnuse paul_p++ # for sharing useful bugzilla tricks
15:15 gmcharlt oleonard: ay-yi-yi; yet another bug with the log viewer
15:16 gmcharlt fortunately, that can be fixed in the template
15:16 gmcharlt in the drop down for choosing the action filter
15:17 gmcharlt add should be ADD; del should be DELETE; mod should be MODIFY, issue shoudl be ISSUE, and return should be RETURN
15:17 gmcharlt (case differences don't matter today, but would matter if we ever require strict SQL)
15:19 gmcharlt oleonard: also, are you seeing that the list of log entries is displayed twice?
15:19 kmkale left #koha
15:19 oleonard yES
15:19 oleonard *ahem*
15:20 oleonard Yes.
15:20 francharb joined #koha
15:20 * oleonard 's voice seems to be cracking
15:22 gmcharlt oleonard: looks like that glitch was added in the commit for bug 6014 (99b49e2b1aa2e5d2629f1167e2b63c3b3158ffe8)
15:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6014 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED, Log viewer needs permissions
15:23 oleonard Bad merge?
15:23 gmcharlt seemingly
15:24 gmcharlt in fact, that bug with parsing the action was added in that patch as well
15:25 sophie_m left #koha
15:33 matts Hey hackfesters, this was my last day at hackfest... It was nice and fun seeing and working with you... Keep up the good work tomorrow ! ;)
15:36 julian left #koha
15:36 matts is now known as matts_away
15:37 rhcl is somebody's private website, or for public use?
15:38 oleonard it belongs to gmcharlt
15:39 rhcl ic
15:39 gmcharlt rhcl: what's up?
15:40 rhcl ah, nothing. I see librarypolice is where the chat transcripts are stored, and was just wondering.
15:41 gmcharlt yeah, I ought to set something up to get them automatically published to a server one of these days
15:41 oleonard rhcl: Regular #koha log is here:
15:44 francharb bye all
15:45 francharb left #koha
15:45 JesseM left #koha
15:46 NateC left #koha
15:55 tcohen cait: got it
15:57 tcohen oleonard: have you got a minute?
15:57 oleonard Sure
15:57 tcohen window.print() seems to wait for the page to render on Webkit
15:57 tcohen so... in moremember-receipt.tmpl
15:57 tcohen as we have
15:58 tcohen window.print;window.close
15:58 tcohen it looks like the close happens before window.print can accomplish its mission
15:58 tcohen (window.print asynchronous?)
15:59 Oak joined #koha
15:59 tcohen if I wrap the window.print();window.close() thing inside a function
15:59 tcohen function printThenClose() {
15:59 tcohen window.print();
15:59 tcohen window.close();
15:59 tcohen }
15:59 tcohen and change body tag like this:
15:59 wahanui tcohen: that doesn't look right
15:59 wahanui left #koha
15:59 wahanui joined #koha
15:59 tcohen <body onload="printThenClose()">
16:00 tcohen it works fine
16:00 wizzyrea tcohen: I think I did exactly that on the transit slip
16:00 * wizzyrea checks to see if that one's broken
16:00 wizzyrea (or something very similar, anyway)
16:01 jcamins left #koha
16:01 oleonard tcohen: $(document).ready(function(){ printThenClose(); }); would be better than the onload I think
16:01 tcohen if I postpone the printThenClose() until the page loads, IT WORKS
16:01 tcohen ok, I didn't use that
16:01 tcohen because I didn't see jquery there
16:01 oleonard Test it, because it may require a "later" ready state than "document"
16:01 oleonard jquery is included by default on all pages.
16:02 tcohen ok, i'll test
16:02 wizzyrea this is how I did it on the transit slip, to fix a different problem
16:02 wizzyrea[…]f55373355;hb=HEAD
16:03 tcohen i've filled  a bug for this (bug 6126)
16:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6126 normal, P5, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW, Slip print doesn't work on Webkit based browsers
16:03 oleonard Yeah, basically the same thing
16:03 wizzyrea but probably fixing the webkit problem on that slip accidentally :P
16:05 wizzyrea oleonard: i thought that for speed it wasn't included in the slips (but that was ages ago) did we change it?
16:05 * wizzyrea plots changing things locally on the receipt if that's true
16:06 oleonard wizzyrea: Hm, maybe you're right, I guess I'm not sure about that.
16:06 tcohen wizzyrea is right
16:06 wizzyrea i would be *for* including it on the slips
16:06 tcohen '$ is not defined' for firebug
16:07 wizzyrea (or at least testing out the speed with it included, it might be fast enough)
16:07 jcamins joined #koha
16:08 wizzyrea i would LOVE to make some things disappear from the receipts w/ jquery
16:08 wizzyrea love love love
16:09 tcohen ui chief architect oleonard: what should we do? :-D
16:09 wizzyrea for now probably do the <body onload="printandclose();">
16:09 tcohen ack wikkyrea
16:10 tcohen I prefer printThenClose, thou
16:10 tcohen :-P
16:10 wizzyrea I almost said "no way, I'm read only" and then I realized that you guys enhance my content every day
16:10 wizzyrea :P
16:11 wizzyrea re "wikkyrea"
16:11 wizzyrea tcohen: that's fine by me :)
16:12 tcohen k and z keys are really far one from the other in a spanish keyboard
16:12 tcohen i really need less coffee in the morning
16:16 cait only half day hackfest left for me :(
16:17 cait it's over for today too - have to go
16:17 cait and try pastis
16:17 cait bye all
16:17 tcohen bye cait
16:17 cait left #koha
16:22 magnuse au revoir #koha
16:22 magnuse left #koha
16:24 tcohen oleonard, there is some cookies stuff that could dissapear once jquery.cookie is in
16:26 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
16:27 tcohen i think jquery.cookie will be included once patches for 5546 are approved
16:27 tcohen unless it is already in by one of your patches
16:29 tcohen if bug reporter and patch writer are the same person, who can close a bug?
16:32 paul_p left #koha
16:36 lac_mib joined #koha
16:36 sekjal idea:  splitting IndependantBranches into multiple system preferences, like IndependantBranchesHolds and IndependantBranchesItems?
16:36 sekjal break it down so that the independence is more granular, on a per-function basis?
16:37 gmcharlt sekjal: possibly, but a counter-idea: introducing a hierarchhical library structure similar to Evergreen's
16:38 gmcharlt in any event, breaking the concept of independent branches apart (into indepdendent pieces, natch) is a good idea
16:38 jwagner left #koha
16:39 hdl left #koha
16:39 sekjal I think starting with the "multiple sysprefs" approach for now, then moving to hierarchical branches, would be a way to go
16:39 gmcharlt an alternative way to structure it would be to define a matrix of visibility rules
16:39 gmcharlt i.e., if you have 5 libraries
16:39 gmcharlt define a 5x5 matrix
16:40 gmcharlt where each entry in the matrix would have the following kinds of attributes: items mutually visibile, patrons mutually visible, holds mutually visible, etc.
16:40 gmcharlt i.e., have a structure that's even more general than a tree
16:41 sekjal or, bring the permissions to do actions on other libraries' stuff down to the account permissions level
16:41 sekjal including things like "see other libraries stuff"
16:41 sekjal and then template those permissions on a per patrontype/branchcode basis
16:42 lac_mib Hey guys, we're planning on moving our koha 3.02 installation from debian over to rhel, other than package and module dependencies, is there anything I should be aware of when migrating?  Changes to files that will need to be made?
16:42 JesseM joined #koha
16:46 lac_mib I'm just sort of asking in general, of course I could look at the install scripts and fix things step by step if there's discrepancies in package versions or something, but as far as koha configuration files go
16:46 gmcharlt lac_mib: nothing occurs to me beyond dealing with the dependencies
16:46 gmcharlt out of curiosity, why make the switch?
16:47 wizzyrea < is also curious
16:47 wahanui okay, wizzyrea.
16:47 * wizzyrea giggles
16:47 wizzyrea wahanui: forget <
16:47 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot <
16:48 lac_mib gmcharlt: Well, we've got a university-wide webapps cluster that's running RHEL 5, and we're trying to move to that and centralize things as opposed to having to maintain our own server and such.  Of course I prefer Debian for my servers :>
16:49 gmcharlt lac_mib: ah, I see
16:49 gmcharlt any chance they could virtualize and let you continue to run Debian as the guest in a VM? ;)
16:50 lac_mib gmcharlt: Hah, it's possible, but I would feel bad for the guy that already worked to get our dependencies taken care of :<
16:51 gmcharlt more seriously, unless you have a ton of local customizations, your best bet might be to install a fresh copy of Koha on the cluster using the current RHEL instructions
16:51 gmcharlt then test, then dump and import your database to the new setup
16:51 gmcharlt that would most likely be less fiddly than attempt an in-place switch
16:52 lac_mib gmcharlt: You know come to think of it I think they may have already done an installation and just need us to move our data over..
16:52 gmcharlt in that case, a database import and dump followed by a rebuild_zebra may be all that's needed
16:52 lac_mib Of course we do have template customizations and such but those aren't any problem to move over
16:55 lac_mib Well thanks for the help, I know that was a .. large..  question
16:59 lac_mib left #koha
16:59 sekjal manual says once IndependantBranches is set, it shouldn't be changed... but doesn't say why
17:00 sekjal and I can't think what data it would corrupt to change it
17:01 gmcharlt sekjal: IIRC, it's not data corruption per se, it's that turning indybranches on after having it off would mean that you'd have things like items out on loan to patrons at the "wrong" library
17:01 sekjal but turning if off if it was on before would just open more possibilities
17:02 gmcharlt agreed
17:04 sekjal I think enough other system preferences and system rules have come into place to let libraries configure their level of independence without having this ON
17:18 druthb joined #koha
17:19 druthb o/
17:22 Ahmuck_ joined #koha
17:23 Ahmuck_ left #koha
17:27 sekjal is now known as sekjal_away
17:28 gmcharlt @later tell paul_p is the law referred to in relevant to libraries in France?
17:28 huginn gmcharlt: The operation succeeded.
17:30 oleonard left #koha
17:40 conan left #koha
17:44 tcohen left #koha
17:45 sekjal_away is now known as sekjal
17:45 tcohen joined #koha
17:49 wizzyrea tcohen yay, you're back
17:49 wizzyrea are you going to hit all of the slips?
17:49 wizzyrea I had a mind to double check all of them for the webkit issues
17:49 tcohen ok
17:50 wizzyrea but I didn't want to start that project if you had already started it :)
17:50 tcohen i didn't know there where various slips :-D
17:50 rangi there are a few, checking them all would be great
17:50 tcohen ./circ/
17:50 wizzyrea whoo hoo! okies, yep, there are transit slips (already fixed) and the quick slip
17:50 rangi you can use the same bugnumber for them all
17:50 tcohen ./koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/m​odules/circ/hold-transfer-slip.tmpl
17:51 wizzyrea and the fines slips
17:51 tcohen i'll check them
17:51 wizzyrea coolio
17:51 tcohen 'as i walk through the valley of the shadow of death.."
17:51 wizzyrea hold-transfer is the one I liked earlier, it should be good
17:51 wizzyrea s/liked/linked
17:52 tcohen i'll check them
17:52 * wizzyrea gives tcohen cookies for the trouble
17:52 wizzyrea thanks :D
17:56 JesseM left #koha
17:57 rangi ok
17:57 rangi straw poll
17:58 rangi do people like the idea of gett huginn to follow the needs-signoff rss feed from bugzilla
17:58 rangi so that whenever a bug is marked needs sign off he tells us about it?
17:58 * wizzyrea is for it
17:58 sekjal sounds neat to me
17:58 druthb +1
17:58 rangi s/gett/getting/
18:03 druthb is now known as druthb_away
18:09 rangi right, no one said no, thats good enough for me to pester gmcharlt about it
18:13 tcohen wizzyrea: should grep -R 'window.print' *  hit all the files (and more)?
18:16 tcohen wizzyrea_away: you owe me some cookies
18:17 huginn left #koha
18:17 huginn joined #koha
18:17 gmcharlt @reload
18:17 huginn gmcharlt: Error: You don't have the owner capability. If you think that you should have this capability, be sure that you are identified before trying again. The 'whoami' command can tell you if you're identified.
18:18 huginn left #koha
18:18 huginn joined #koha
18:20 huginn left #koha
18:21 huginn joined #koha
18:21 gmcharlt @needsignoff
18:21 huginn gmcharlt: [Bug 3448] tmpl_process3 fails on marc21_field_007.tmpl - backport needed <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3448> / [Bug 3498] Allow partial fine payments <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3498> / [Bug 4994] ldap mapping inconsistancy: Net::LDAP returns lowercase names <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4994> / [Bug 5453] (34 more messages)
18:21 gmcharlt rangi: I now consider myself unpestered ;)
18:22 rangi :)
18:23 rangi will it pipe up like it does for commits, or do we need to run the command every so often?
18:23 gmcharlt it'll pipe up automatically
18:26 rangi w00t
18:26 rangi thank you
18:33 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6120] Add search links in detail pages <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6120>
18:34 rangi there we go
18:35 rangi thats actually a 3.6 one
18:35 rangi missed the feature freeze
18:35 Oak left #koha
18:35 tcohen if I close a bug should it appear?
18:35 druthb_away is now known as druthb
18:36 rangi tcohen: only ones that become need signoff
18:36 rangi or it would just be too noisy
18:36 tcohen you mean we close bugs too often?
18:37 tcohen :-D
18:37 adnc is there a way deleting a bunch of patrons. i've many default users, they came with the vmware image. is it possible to delete them in a sort of bach process?
18:37 rangi well we close them when we do a release, it would be a pile at once (we mark them resolved before that)
18:38 rangi adnc: not from inside koha no
18:38 adnc rangi, what is the regular way deleting users?
18:38 adnc patrons
18:38 rangi one by one
18:38 adnc where can i do this
18:38 rangi i really do suggest the manual :)
18:39 rangi and perhaps starting with a livecd or installing from packages, if you got that vm image from its old and out of date
18:40 adnc i did an update, and it downloaded the git source
18:41 adnc which now is the community version. i would like to play around till i install it on a local server
18:41 rangi adnc: s/community/real/ :)
18:41 adnc could you tell me how to localize to german? the admin
18:41 adnc rangi, ;) yes
18:41 rangi hmm didnt cait help you with that?
18:41 adnc you gave me  a wiki link, which i lost unfortunately
18:42 adnc[…]con10_Translators i found this one, but there is no real information to it
18:42 rangi yeah thats cos its to do with the kohaconference :)
18:43 rangi ok
18:43 rangi go to misc/translator
18:43 rangi in there , there is a file translate
18:43 adnc yes
18:44 rangi[…]_your_translation
18:44 rangi ./translate install de-DE
18:44 JesseM joined #koha
18:44 adnc its doing something, i used de-DE
18:44 adnc will this only be for the backend?
18:46 rangi both
18:46 rangi but you have to switch on the systempreferences
18:46 adnc could i do this for other languages too?
18:47 rangi yes
18:48 rangi[…]?ch=c18#l18nprefs
18:48 NateC joined #koha
18:48 rangi hi NateC
18:48 adnc thank you very much, that worked great
18:48 rangi cool
18:49 adnc unfortunately i can't find anything for deletion of patrons in the docu
18:49 rangi just go to a patron record
18:49 rangi in the more dropdown, on the right
18:49 rangi should be a delete link
18:50 rangi find it?
18:51 rangi[…]?borrowernumber=3
18:51 rangi user:staff pass:staff1
18:52 adnc unfortunately there is only save and cancel
18:52 gmcharlt adnc: I think you went one step too far
18:53 gmcharlt you can't delete if you're in edit mode for a patron record
18:53 adnc yes, you are right
18:54 rangi i think there was work on a batch delete at some point
18:54 rangi for things like schools
18:54 adnc i see that the opac login for the patrons are all there opac numbers and a passwort. is this somehow set automatically?
18:54 rangi but i havent seen working code for it
18:54 rangi you just made a new one?
18:54 rangi or are you looking at the ones the vm set up?
18:55 rangi by default a new user will have no password (not be able to login)
18:55 adnc rangi, those in the vm
18:55 adnc for my user, i have set up username and password
18:56 rangi yep, thats what you generally have to do, i lot of ppl use the cardnumber as username
18:56 adnc i just see that the vm users do all have there cardnumber as the login
18:56 rangi s/i/a/
18:56 druthb left #koha
18:56 rangi yeah, its just a library policy type thing, username can be anything
18:56 adnc god, for every letter there are at least 4 users. i would need ages to delete them all ;
18:57 rangi if you dont need anything in your db
18:57 rangi ill show you a trick
18:57 rangi mysqldump it first just in case
18:58 rangi then
18:58 adnc ok
18:58 rangi mysqladmin -uroot -p drop databasename
18:58 rangi mysqladmin -uroot -p create databasename
18:58 rangi and hit the staff client
18:58 rangi and it will fire off the web installer
18:58 rangi and you get to set it up yourself
18:59 rangi without adding the sample libraries and patrons :)
18:59 adnc staff client?
18:59 wahanui staff client is for the staff in the library, OPAC is for patrons
18:59 adnc frontend
19:00 adnc wahanui, thanks
19:00 wahanui adnc: de nada
19:00 adnc ok, it stated the webinstaller
19:01 rangi cool
19:01 adnc nice
19:01 adnc koha is cool
19:02 rangi most of the time :)
19:02 tcohen adnc: koha is super cool
19:02 adnc genau!
19:03 adnc are ther any samples that could be important to have. i'm just asked to select some
19:05 rangi grab the notices
19:05 rangi itemtypes might be useful too
19:06 adnc Abgleichregeln für bibliographische
19:06 adnc MARC21-Datensätze, einschließlich?
19:06 rangi heh, you need cait for that
19:06 rangi i read maori and english :)
19:06 adnc ohh
19:07 jcamins_away Sounds important, though.
19:07 adnc rangi, the notices, are they (sample_news)
19:08 adnc it means synchronizationrules for marc21-data including isbn, issn. it is (marc21_default_matching_rules)
19:08 gmcharlt adnc: yes, you want them
19:09 adnc an index service, nozebra, or zebra
19:09 gmcharlt zebra
19:10 adnc thank you very much
19:12 jcamins_away author_of_the_new_fixed_fields_interface++
19:16 JesseM left #koha
19:18 NateC left #koha
19:20 cait joined #koha
19:20 cait hi #kohq
19:20 cait koha even
19:20 * cait blames the pastis
19:23 rangi how much did you have???? :)
19:24 jcamins_away Has anyone used the authority linking ellipses recently?
19:24 rangi not me
19:25 cait 1
19:25 cait that's enough for me
19:25 jcamins_away Hm. I think it's broken.
19:25 cait linking ellipses?
19:25 jcamins_away I'll file a bug and fix it if it's still a problem in Master.
19:25 jcamins_away In the cataloging module.
19:26 jcamins_away Where you click on the ellipsis next to a heading to make the link.
19:26 cait rangi: I still didn't find the pain... but I had creme brulee
19:26 cait and frog
19:26 cait :)
19:26 rangi cait: its a breakfast food, every bakery has them
19:27 rangi its impossible to NOT find one :)
19:27 cait perhaps tomorrow
19:27 cait I haven't been to a bakery
19:27 rangi ahh
19:27 jcamins_away Pain? Isn't that just bread?
19:27 rangi pain au chocolat
19:27 jcamins_away Ah.
19:27 rangi + espresso
19:27 * jcamins_away loves pain au chocolat
19:27 rangi = best breakfast in the world
19:28 jcamins_away cait: you must go to a bakery while in France. :)
19:28 cait ok
19:28 cait I think there is one on the way to biblibre
19:28 adnc left #koha
19:29 Guillaume joined #koha
19:32 adnc joined #koha
19:33 JesseM joined #koha
19:36 rangi right time to go catch my bus
19:37 rangi spot you peeps later
19:37 wizzyrea later
19:37 NateC joined #koha
19:39 Ahmuck left #koha
19:43 tcohen left #koha
19:54 hdl joined #koha
20:01 sekjal left #koha
20:01 SpaceLibrarian_home joined #koha
20:04 wizzyrea nengard++
20:16 * cait waves to hdl
20:16 hdl hi cait
20:19 rangi back
20:20 rangi so was there consensus on the manual move?
20:20 cait have not seen all mails
20:20 cait but sounds good to me
20:21 rangi ill give it a couple more days, then i can set up the dns
20:21 chris_n consensus, thou art at jewel!
20:21 chris_n methinks
20:22 jcamins_away Actually, you could probably set up the DNS whenever you wanted, since until there are links, the domain might as well not exist.
20:23 jcamins_away If there's never any consensus, you simply remove the DNS, again, when it's convenient for you.
20:23 * jcamins_away doesn't want rangi distracted from 3.4 ;)
20:23 rangi yeah i wont be doing it today :)
20:24 cait we were patching and signing off like crazy for a week - but doesn't seem like the numbers on bugzilla have moved a lot
20:25 rangi they sure have
20:25 rangi you just kept making new patches too
20:26 cait yes, that could be the problem
20:27 hdl left #koha
20:27 * jcamins_away has more patches waiting for sign-off now than he did before sign-off week, so he knows exactly how you feel.
20:28 rangi[…]string&emailtype2
20:28 rangi horrible url
20:28 rangi pretty graph
20:28 cait it would be nice to have alittle statistic
20:28 cait of how much we got done
20:28 rangi the pink line is the important one
20:28 rangi thats just for the last week
20:28 cait hm don't ee a pink line - only a page with links
20:28 cait which one should I click?
20:28 rangi umm none
20:29 rangi you should see a graph
20:29 jcamins_away The link doesn't work. :(
20:29 rangi stink
20:29 cait :(
20:29 rangi you can find the numbers from bugzilla
20:29 rangi[…]rmat=report-table
20:31 cait hm I am probably too tired to work that out now
20:31 rangi 172 patches
20:31 rangi changed status
20:31 rangi 115 signed off
20:32 rangi 28 new ones created that still need to be signed off
20:32 rangi 11 did not apply
20:32 rangi 12 failed qa
20:32 rangi on top of that
20:32 cait hm 115
20:33 cait :)
20:33 rangi 32 were marked as resolved
20:33 rangi so lots
20:33 rangi got done
20:33 rangi (i pushed 60, 55 to push)
20:34 cait poor rangi
20:34 rangi its not so abd
20:34 cait mor than 20 people signing off - one to push them all
20:34 rhcl :)
20:34 rangi string freeze very soon
20:34 rhcl and that speling proves it
20:34 cait heh
20:34 cait tcohen++
20:34 cait for fixing the alert messages
20:41 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote branch 'kc/new/enh/bug_5547' into kcmaster <[…]c6130a1e276252fe5> / Bug: 5547 - corrected insert to database <[…]7d3e747dc7c6b51bf>
20:41 rangi there you go cait
20:41 bg @wunder 93109
20:41 huginn bg: The current temperature in K6LCM - Westside / Mesa, Santa Barbara, California is 14.6�C (1:42 PM PDT on April 07, 2011). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 71%. Dew Point: 9.0�C. Pressure: 29.85 in 1010.7 hPa (Steady). Wind Advisory in effect from noon today to 10 PM PDT this evening...
20:41 cait :)
20:42 rangi hey!!
20:42 rangi is magnuse around?
20:42 cait already sleeping
20:42 cait he is still fighting the cold
20:42 rangi theres a message on koha-devel
20:42 rangi he really should answer
20:42 cait I have seen it
20:43 rangi cool
20:43 cait and will tell him on breakfast
20:43 cait at breakfast
20:43 rangi thank you
20:43 rangi i might answer and say, the NORMARC expert is asleep but I am sure he will answer when he wakes :)
20:44 cait hehe
20:44 cait there was someone German on the channel today too
20:44 rangi swiss i think
20:44 cait :)
20:44 cait hm no
20:44 cait I talked to him for a while
20:44 rangi cool
20:44 NateC left #koha
20:44 jenkins_koha Starting build 136 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
20:44 rangi i just saw the hostname :)
20:45 cait :)
20:47 JesseM left #koha
20:48 JesseM joined #koha
20:49 NateC joined #koha
20:49 cait hm
20:49 cait even 2 new developers?
20:50 cait stephane delaune?
20:51 cait ok, time to sleep
20:52 cait good night all :)
20:52 cait left #koha
20:52 rangi hmm
21:01 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: New developer to the history <[…]9706f8ff614e4704e>
21:09 SpaceLibrarian_home left #koha
21:16 wizzyrea oh that's interesting
21:16 wizzyrea so if you search for a patron, then click the + and set your library
21:16 wizzyrea it brings back all patrons starting with A
21:20 jcamins_away What if you set your library first?
21:20 wizzyrea I haven't tried that
21:20 wizzyrea let me try
21:21 wizzyrea same
21:21 wizzyrea (it does this both in my live system and my test system that's completely up to date)
21:21 wizzyrea bug 6127
21:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6127 normal, P5, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW, Setting library on patron search brings back all patrons regardless of search
21:25 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #136: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/136/
21:25 jenkins_koha Mark Gavillet: Bug: 5547 - corrected insert to database
21:25 jenkins_koha Starting build 137 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
21:27 jcamins_away rangi: would it be reasonable to make the DelBiblio call in t/db_dependent/Biblio.t into a test?
21:28 jcamins_away It seems to me that if that call is failing, you really shouldn't get the message that "all tests were successful."
21:28 rangi yep
21:29 * jcamins_away puts that on his to-do list.
21:29 jcamins_away Is that affected by the string freeze?
21:30 JesseM left #koha
21:41 jcamins_away Time to head home.
21:41 jcamins_away Good night, #koha
21:46 adnc left #koha
21:46 adnc joined #koha
21:52 Guillaume left #koha
22:06 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #137: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/137/
22:06 jenkins_koha Chris Cormack: New developer to the history
22:08 NateC_ joined #koha
22:08 NateC left #koha
22:08 NateC_ is now known as NateC
22:11 rangi[…]bin/
22:12 rangi hmm patch statuses
22:13 rangi[…]bin/
22:13 rangi there we go
22:18 adnc left #koha
22:18 bg ah that's better
22:20 rangi
22:21 rangi script is here, take it, pretty it up, use  it ;)
22:22 rangi ok enough mucking around, down to the grind again
22:27 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug #6110 - fix Callnumber index mistake <[…]66f32855089f96528>
22:29 jenkins_koha Starting build 138 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
22:38 NateC left #koha
22:46 Irma joined #koha
22:47 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6106: add item not respecting framework in acq The PrepareItemrecordDisplay sub... <[…]272086f253ea9404b>
22:48 druthb joined #koha
22:54 rangi heya druthb
22:54 druthb hi, rangi!
22:57 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 5529 Absence or Presence of lists not being reliably returned <[…]8e2babf077e2975d3> / Bug #6082 - On bug on the Statistic's combobox <[…]6e313316f3bcc9a59>
22:58 HBankhead joined #koha
23:10 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #138: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/138/
23:10 jenkins_koha Alex Arnaud: Bug #6110 - fix Callnumber index mistake
23:10 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6110 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, alex.arnaud, ASSIGNED, Callnumber index mistake - UNIMARC Specific
23:10 jenkins_koha Starting build 139 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
23:14 HBankhead left #koha
23:15 eythian anyone (especially you unimarcers) know anything about the errors on bug 6101 ?
23:15 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6101 enhancement, P5, ---, robin, NEW, Debian packaging error on koha-create second and next instances
23:17 eythian <-- I guess that Koha hashing passwords is now illegal in France.
23:17 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6096 Correctly return arrayref from GetAllShelves <[…]a8956db92c1e5b5d2>
23:19 jcamins_away Yup. Main entry ($a only) authority searches are broken.
23:20 eythian jcamins_away: is that in reply to me, or just a general comment?
23:20 jcamins_away That was a response to my statement about four hours ago that I would confirm whether authority searches were broken.
23:20 jcamins_away I don't know anything about bug 6101, sorry.
23:21 eythian ah right :)
23:22 jcamins_away Oh, maybe bug 3072 will fix it.
23:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3072 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---,, ASSIGNED, 'Heading-Main' authority-index breaks authority searching in STABLE
23:22 jcamins_away Bug 5924
23:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5924 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, henridamien, ASSIGNED, Authorities search : Heading Main is defined in unimarc record.abs
23:24 NateC joined #koha
23:27 JesseM joined #koha
23:27 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote branch 'kc/new/bug_3072' into kcmaster <[…]34ced53440c690ed6> / Bug 3072: Search for Heading-Main in authorities <[…]767715ff2d32e8ba8>
23:34 JesseM left #koha
23:39 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Fix for Bug 6037, Invalid markup, missing breadcrumbs on Keyword to MARC Mapping... <[…]5127b82fbcc144914>
23:46 BobB joined #koha
23:50 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #139: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/139/
23:50 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 6106: add item not respecting framework in acq The PrepareItemrecordDisplay sub builds an item framework for later use in ACQ Some cases were missing : item subfield connected to a plugin, hidden subfield, long size subfield.
23:50 jenkins_koha * Alex Arnaud: Bug #6082 - On bug on the Statistic's combobox
23:50 jenkins_koha * Colin Campbell: Bug 5529 Absence or Presence of lists not being reliably returned
23:50 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6106 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED, add item not respecting framework in acq
23:50 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6082 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, henridamien, NEW, On bug on the Statistic's combobox
23:50 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5529 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, colin.campbell, ASSIGNED, Staff client shows "Your lists:" and "public lists:" when there are none
23:51 jenkins_koha Starting build 140 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary