Time  Nick               Message
00:03 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #87: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_19.05_D9/87/
00:08 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #87: UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_19.05_D8/87/
00:16 rangi              caroline_catlady: looks good to me
00:23 ednalyn            Good Morning i just want to enquire about our Koha account
00:24 rangi              Hi ednalyn, not sure what you mean about account?
00:24 ednalyn            about how we can access all the lists of thew names of koha members in our library system
00:26 hayley             hi ednalyn you can use the Reports module, here are some reports you can copy and paste to get the right information https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SQL_Reports_Patrons
00:26 ednalyn            Because someone before us made the account of Koha and right now were having a problem how can we access fully in Koha system
00:28 ednalyn            what can we do as a librarian because we cannot fully access on the acount? like ecoding new list of names for Koha members
00:29 hayley             to access all functions you need to have a user with superlibrarian permissions, if you have an admin user you may be able to assign permissions to a user to be able to access all functions
03:59 edgard             holi
05:21 ednalyn            how we can have superlibrarian permissions,because someone before me is not here anymore
07:03 fridolin           hi
07:37 * magnuse          waves
07:37 * cait             waves
07:39 magnuse            ~~~
07:52 alex_a             Bonjour
07:54 reiveune           hello
07:54 wahanui            hello, reiveune
07:55 marcelr            hi #koha
08:21 cait               good morning #koha
08:22 magnuse            hiya cait
09:28 eythian            hi
09:28 wahanui            hey, eythian
10:10 cait               tcohen: if you have a second, could you weigh in on bug 15331?
10:10 huginn`            Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=15331 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, RESOLVED DUPLICATE, Sort order breaks at offset=1000 (both OPAC and Intranet)
10:12 cait               also ashimema[m] maybe?
10:12 ashimema[m]        ?
10:12 cait               question about the default sort order limit with zebra
10:12 ashimema[m]        ok.. will take a look in a moment
10:13 cait               thx
10:14 kohaputti          if we refactor something in C4::Reserves.pm to make things faster and easier to understand then that would required a new subroutine... Would it be okay in this case to add new one under C4?
10:15 kohaputti          there was a sub called IsItemAvailable or something like that and it does way too many things inside one subroutine and it would benefit from splitting it to more easily understandable chunks
10:21 ashimema[m]        I have no issue with that as a step towards more managable code.. anything that makes C4 clearer to aid the move to Koha:: isn't a bad idea in my book.. adding entirely new code in C4 without making clear it's a clarification step towards Koha:: isn't harder to justify
10:21 ashimema[m]        I personally often do it in two steps like this.. clarify then move
10:22 ashimema[m]        just remember to make sure it's thoroughly tested ;)
10:26 davidnind          @later tell caroline_catlady Hoping to wake up before the documentation meeting, if I don't I will have slept through my alarm! :) (also, have made a couple of small changes to the agenda)
10:26 huginn`            davidnind: The operation succeeded.
10:29 kohaputti          ashimema[m], thanks
10:53 mtj                kia ora #koha
10:53 mtj                hey ashimema[m], i saw you mention debian 10 problems at the meeting today...
10:54 mtj                ...is there a brief list about, of what they are?
10:55 ashimema[m]        I think that's part of the problem.. we've not really got a clear list as yet
10:55 ashimema[m]        let me dig out the email chain.. Mirko and Fridolin were talking about it briefly
10:59 mtj                np, i thought i would have a go at building a koha 19.11.01 package on deb 10
10:59 ashimema[m]        that would be awesome
10:59 mtj                ..and see what problems i hit
11:00 cait               was Unaccent one?
11:00 ashimema[m]        I expect a bunch of tests to fail once we have a package but I don't expect you to fix those.. my hope is that once we have a package that builds we can start running the tests on Jenkins and clean up the mess between us.
11:00 ashimema[m]        Unaccent is certainly one I think
11:01 ashimema[m]        as is Mojo and OpenAPI versions
11:03 ashimema[m]        aha..
11:03 mtj                ^ ah yep.. ive seen those 3 mentioned in various bugs
11:03 * ashimema[m]      sent a long message:  < https://matrix.org/_matrix/media/r0/download/matrix.org/kxJgdoAcCQjczVxfUjuCuGfW >
11:04 ashimema[m]        that was from fridolin to mirko back in september
11:04 * ashimema[m]      sent a long message:  < https://matrix.org/_matrix/media/r0/download/matrix.org/xtnUtDKaQqXgyclqkEEzVTqG >
11:04 ashimema[m]        so.. that's the last I heard from Mirko to be honest
11:05 fridolin           i have not been on it since
11:05 ashimema[m]        so.. I think that's some fairly fundamental things that need thinking about.. stuff I've not even pondered yet :(
11:05 ashimema[m]        hi frido :)
11:05 fridolin           i dont know packaging, i just now the issues ;)
11:06 ashimema[m]        well.. that's certainly a starting place.. I haven't tried to build Koha on a D10 at all yet myself :(
11:06 ashimema[m]        been meaning to fo ages
11:10 mtj                i'll make a start on it, and see if i can work thru the problems as i hit them
11:10 cait               mtj++
11:10 ashimema[m]        reach out as needed.. even if all some of us can offer is a rubber duck ;)
11:10 * ashimema[m]      feels uplifted today.. thanks :)
11:19 mtj                my pleasure :0)
11:24 mtj                the current 19.11 package installs ok on deb10 (at least)
11:25 mtj                ^ the libref-util-perl / perl5.20 problem seems ok too
11:26 ashimema[m]        interesting
11:26 ashimema[m]        any comment there fridolin#?
11:26 ashimema[m]        * any comment there fridolin?
11:26 mtj                ..on deb10, libref-util installs into /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.28 (as expected?)
11:28 fridolin           ashimema[m]: ah but is it OK for Ubuntu Bionic ?
11:29 fridolin           it uses perl 5.26.1
11:30 mtj                pass on ubuntu... yet
11:31 mtj                im really curious why bionic is missing a bunch of packages that exist in releases before *and* after it
11:34 mtj                i think for bionic - we need to package the few missing bionic packages in the kc.org repo
11:36 kohaputti          mtj, are you mirko?
11:36 ashimema[m]        mirko is drojf kohaputti
11:36 mtj                no no, im mason
11:37 mtj                ..from new zealand
11:37 kohaputti          ok, I was hoping to ping drojf about bug 13193 (there is a request for a new debian package)
11:37 huginn`            Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=13193 critical, P3, ---, joonas.kylmala, ASSIGNED , Make Memcached usage fork safe
11:37 ashimema[m]        mirko and mason have been out diligent package maintainers working as a team for the past few releases.. but mirko has gone awol the last few months and mason is being awesome and stepping up a bit :)
11:38 ashimema[m]        yeah.. that's on the list too kohaputti ;)
11:39 kohaputti          I have done few debian packages but it's really not something I'm passionate about soo hoping someone else finds it more interesting :)
11:45 mtj                i'm happy to package it for the kc.org repo  (to me, it seems to be the best way forward)
11:46 mtj                ..and then work on getting the package into debian proper
11:47 ashimema[m]        :)
11:48 ashimema[m]        if we can get the D10 builds running on the nightlies codename to start with.. then we can turn on Jenkins again for D10 and start working through the inevitable bugs :)
11:48 ashimema[m]        to me, that's our first step
11:54 mtj                sounds good, i'll finish off my d10 build
11:57 ashimema[m]        thanks dude
12:04 mtj                hmm, bionic seems to install koha 19.11.01 ok too
12:05 mtj                the missing bionic packages *are* already included in the kc.org repo
12:05 ashimema[m]        :)
12:06 eythian            mtj: aloha
12:07 ashimema[m]        we already have Bionic testing running on Jenkins..
12:07 mtj                hey eythian
12:07 ashimema[m]        and we're not interested in Disco or Eoan I think (Only LTS Ubuntu's was our agreement way back when)
12:08 ashimema[m]        ack.. Focal will be an LTS though.. 20.04... so we'll have this all over again with that
12:08 ashimema[m]        assuming we continue to want to offer that patturn of support
12:08 * ashimema[m]      heads out for a quick walk
12:10 mtj                eythian: giz a ping when youre heading to HZ, im keen to catchup for a bier 🍺 :0)
12:11 eythian            mtj: sure thing :)
12:12 cait               bier? :)
12:18 mtj                bier/beer
12:19 cait               just wondered if you wanted german beer specifically :)
12:23 mtj                hmm, thats a delicious idea cait :p
12:34 BR_                Hi, I was chatting with members yesterday and my computer crashed. Is there an archive where i can check what was the last response from members to my last entry.
12:35 mtj                ping fridolin: the libref-util-perl/perl-5.20 problem seems to only be on bionic (using the ubuntu package too)
12:36 oleonard           Hi #koha
12:36 magnuse            BR_: http://irc.koha-community.org/
12:36 BR_                thanks
12:43 mtj                fridolin: does the perl-5.20 bug stop libref-util-perl from working? - or does it just install the files into an incorrect dir
12:55 fridolin           mtj: indeed, its the pb of perl with compiled code
12:55 fridolin           can we create libref-util-perl-5.2' ? and koha-perldeps-bionic ?
12:57 mtj                hi frido, bug stop libref-util-perl from working?
13:14 mtj                fridolin: i think a fix would be to add libref-util-perl (0.204-1) to kc.org repo
13:15 fridolin           bug is that perl code is not activ since its not in PER5LIB
13:15 fridolin           and compiled code is i think bad
13:16 fridolin           libref-util-perl can be in kc.org repo but how do we provide both perl versions ?
13:18 mtj                aah hmm, the problem is more complex than i thought..
13:18 mtj                ..there are more pkgs with files in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.20, in bionic
13:35 mtj                fridolin: i think your koha-perldeps-bionic package would work well :0)
13:36 fridolin           but we may create a package libref-util-perl-dev that launches the compilation
13:36 fridolin           i dont know with solution is best
13:37 fridolin           ... or CPAN \o/
13:41 mtj                hmm, yeah.. not sure about that too
13:41 * mtj              heads to bed - its late! ;)
13:42 oleonard           I'll say mtj!
13:42 oleonard           mtj++
13:49 caroline_catlady   good morning everyone!
13:52 oleonard           Hi caroline_catlady
13:56 cait               morning caroline_catlady, hi oleonard
13:57 caroline_catlady   davidnind: are you awake?
13:57 cait               oleonard: from your twitter mood... can I hell?
13:57 cait               help!
13:57 oleonard           Thanks cait! It's just, y'know.... 2020.
13:57 * oleonard         gestures to everything
13:59 * oleonard         sets his Bugzilla preferences back to that old comfy purple skin
14:00 cait               oleonard: ah, that.. yeah
14:00 caroline_catlady   ready for meeting?
14:00 cait               oh
14:00 cait               no , but yes?
14:01 caroline_catlady   #startmeeting Documentation IRC meeting 9 January 2020
14:01 huginn`            Meeting started Thu Jan  9 14:01:11 2020 UTC.  The chair is caroline_catlady. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:01 huginn`            Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:01 huginn`            The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_9_january_2020'
14:01 ashimema[m]        ooh.. meeting :)
14:01 caroline_catlady   #topic Introductions
14:01 caroline_catlady   please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes
14:01 ashimema[m]        #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
14:01 caroline_catlady   #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro
14:02 Marie-Luce         #info Marie-Luce Laflamme, inLibro
14:02 georgew            #George Williams, Northeast Kansas Library System
14:02 cait               #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:02 caroline_catlady   davidnind says he set his alarm but might not have woken up... :(
14:02 georgew            #info George Williams, Northeast Kansas Library System
14:03 davidnind          #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
14:03 caroline_catlady   oh hi!
14:04 davidnind          morning!
14:04 wahanui            morning is always someone's afternoon
14:04 caroline_catlady   #topic Review of action points
14:04 caroline_catlady   #chair davidnind
14:04 huginn`            Current chairs: caroline_catlady davidnind
14:04 caroline_catlady   Ok so action point from last time
14:04 caroline_catlady   review of documentation manager role
14:05 caroline_catlady   #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Documentation_management
14:05 caroline_catlady   anybody have comments on what was done?
14:05 davidnind          looks good so far
14:05 * caroline_catlady realizes she hasn't sent a reminder of the meeting on the list like it's written on that page ... -_-
14:06 caroline_catlady   will do better next time!
14:06 caroline_catlady   Also Review of transition workflow
14:06 caroline_catlady   #link https://gitlab.com/koha-community/koha-manual/issues/13
14:07 caroline_catlady   there has been some more dwork done on this
14:07 caroline_catlady   I branched 19.11 so we are effectively working on the 20.05 manual!
14:07 caroline_catlady   hoping to get 19.11 up to date asap before the new features and enhacements start rolling in for 20.05
14:08 caroline_catlady   davidnind: you had a concern about the branching?
14:09 davidnind          that's all good
14:09 thd                #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City - [mild cold]
14:09 caroline_catlady   ok
14:09 * ashimema[m]      should read the latest updates there.. will catch up
14:09 caroline_catlady   Last action point Managing branches and back porting changes
14:10 davidnind          got in the swing of back porting changes, so happy to do that if you would like
14:10 caroline_catlady   Like I said, I branched 19.11, and I have been backporting commits as needed
14:10 Joubu              #info Jonathan Druart
14:10 caroline_catlady   rangi said what I did was ok, so I'll try to document what I did for future reference
14:11 ashimema[m]        ++
14:11 cait               caroline_catlady++
14:12 caroline_catlady   #topic Project updates
14:12 caroline_catlady   #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_Documentation_Team#To_do_lists_and_projects
14:12 caroline_catlady   anybody have updates on projects they have been working on?
14:14 thd                I am back in New York where I can work on Koha instead of cleaning ceiling's etc. for my mother in California.
14:14 caroline_catlady   hehe!
14:15 davidnind          nothing to add from me (did nothing over the xmas break :-()
14:15 * cait             was lazy too
14:16 caroline_catlady   alright so we'll see next time
14:16 caroline_catlady   #topic What's been done so far
14:17 caroline_catlady   davidnind: has been doing some maintenance work
14:17 caroline_catlady   with bernardo
14:18 ashimema[m]        :)
14:18 caroline_catlady   lucyvh has been doing several changes from 18.11, thanks for catching us up!
14:18 davidnind          lucyvh++
14:19 caroline_catlady   ashimema[m] has the trophy for first commit to 19.11 :) add EDI LRP support to stock rotation
14:19 cait               so happy to see all the updates!
14:19 caroline_catlady   and AndyBoze has the trophy for first commit to 20.05 and it's his first contribution!
14:20 caroline_catlady   We also have another first contributor : Alexander Borkowski (not sure what is the irc handle)
14:20 caroline_catlady   ashimema[m]++ lucyvh++ AndyBoze++ everyone++ :D
14:20 ashimema[m]        hehe.. i wrote that submission months ago when i wrote the code :)
14:21 * ashimema[m]      would encourage devs to try to do the same.
14:21 ashimema[m]        awesome to see new contributors too :)
14:21 ashimema[m]        woop, woop
14:21 cait               woop!
14:21 caroline_catlady   yes! yay!
14:22 caroline_catlady   awesome everyone!
14:22 davidnind          caroline_catlady has been adding all the tasks to taiga, and a bit of a flurry of changes in the last week by Holly
14:22 lucyvh             Apologies, lost track of time!
14:22 caroline_catlady   right! I merged them and totally forgot to mention it :)
14:23 lucyvh             Hi everyone
14:23 caroline_catlady   hi lucyvh! we were just ++ing you for your great work :)
14:23 davidnind          hi lucyvh!
14:24 caroline_catlady   #topic Content development guidelines
14:24 caroline_catlady   davidnind has been working on this
14:24 caroline_catlady   New section on commit messages
14:24 caroline_catlady   #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Git_guide_for_documentation#Commit_messages
14:25 caroline_catlady   (though I don't think we will not refuse commits if they don't have this formar)
14:25 caroline_catlady   also more info on how to write links
14:25 caroline_catlady   #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/ReStructuredText_-_Tips_and_Tricks#Links
14:26 caroline_catlady   words to use instead of others
14:26 caroline_catlady   #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Word_usage_-_A-Z
14:26 caroline_catlady   for example use staff clinet instead of intranet, etc...
14:26 caroline_catlady   *client
14:26 cait               wow, very cool
14:26 ashimema[m]        awesome work
14:26 cait               consistent use of words is helpful for translations as well
14:27 cait               although one could argue that we don't have a client
14:27 cait               in technical terms
14:27 lucyvh             Its so useful to have all this written up somewhere - amazing work!
14:27 caroline_catlady   I agree, but that's in the Koha terminology...
14:28 cait               oh i see
14:28 caroline_catlady   Personnaly, I would prefer staff interface
14:28 cait               same :)
14:28 cait               we use the literal translation fo that in German
14:28 caroline_catlady   #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Terminology
14:28 davidnind          I've got a few more, but started with a couple  (staff client was from the current terminology list at https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Terminology)
14:28 cait               so maybe we shoudl rethink that there than if we want to change
14:29 caroline_catlady   is it used a lot in the code of Koha?
14:29 davidnind          do we want to change it? I prefer staff interface myself
14:29 caroline_catlady   Ok, so we'll change it for the documentation
14:30 lucyvh             +1 for staff interface
14:30 davidnind          I think I've seen all of them used so far in the manual
14:30 caroline_catlady   ashimema[m]: you can decide what you want to do in Koha's code itself
14:30 ashimema[m]        code wise we say 'intranet'.. but that all hidden to end users in reality
14:30 oleonard           My quick search only turns up one use of "staff client" in the templates
14:30 cait               i think there is everything in the gui now
14:30 ashimema[m]        terms wise I'm happy with 'staff interface' as the standard
14:30 thd                Even if "X client" may be technically correct in terms of function.  People in the general population at least may relate better to "interface".
14:30 cait               so not too late to change :)
14:31 caroline_catlady   ok davidnind can you change the wiki page?
14:31 ashimema[m]        I think it's most likely to come up allot in the manual but very rarely be a term we use in koha itself
14:31 cait               i think probably in the prefs most
14:31 davidnind          I will!
14:31 oleonard           Switching from "intranet" to "staff client" was an improvement but also an arbitrary decision.
14:31 cait               but t would be an easy clean-up job
14:31 ashimema[m]        coolios
14:31 cait               oleonard: are you ok too with staff interface?
14:31 caroline_catlady   #action davidnind will change the manual terminology from staff client to staff interface
14:31 cait               so maybe we should change both pages
14:32 oleonard           I imagine that support companies might have standardized on "staff client" in their web sites and documentation?
14:32 oleonard           Something to check on.
14:32 oleonard           Otherwise I like staff interface.
14:32 caroline_catlady   we use intranet or staff interface in our local docs
14:32 cait               quickly checking bywater for some samples
14:33 davidnind          as the terminology page is part of the development guide, should we raise at development meeting as well?
14:33 caroline_catlady   #action caroline will add a task to change the terms in the manual
14:33 georgew            I hear staff client, staff interface, and intranet from ByWater all the time.  It depends on who you're talking to.
14:34 cait               hm couldn#t turn up an example yet
14:34 oleonard           ByWater can patch those humans' operating systems in a snap right?
14:34 lucyvh             We use all those variations times also at PTFS
14:34 georgew            I'm sure they'd like to
14:34 georgew            It varies in the documentation I've seen from them to
14:34 cait               thx georgew
14:34 georgew            And it changes overtime
14:35 caroline_catlady   so there isn't a standard, but for the manual, we want it to be consistent
14:35 caroline_catlady   I will be an easy task for a newbie to commit
14:36 caroline_catlady   we're also thinking of adding a glossary to the manual to help ppl who are coming from other systems
14:36 caroline_catlady   I started one on a local branch
14:36 caroline_catlady   I will commit it soon, but I'm not sure how to make it show up in the table of contents
14:36 caroline_catlady   is it automatic?
14:37 davidnind          the glossary is autogenerated I think
14:37 caroline_catlady   is it?
14:37 cait               caroline_catlady: i think it's automatic yes
14:37 cait               hm would it be top level new file?
14:37 caroline_catlady   that's wahat I was thinking
14:38 caroline_catlady   so it could go at the end
14:38 cait               let me quickly check
14:38 pastebot           "caroline_catlady" at pasted "here's what an entry looks like in my file" (5 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/18771
14:39 caroline_catlady   the "see" is "instead of term 1, use term 2
14:40 caroline_catlady   so in my example, loan will refer to checkout
14:40 cait               i thought it was source/index.rst
14:41 davidnind          the terms show up in the index, there is a link to that at the top and bottom of each manual page
14:41 cait               ah it is: https://gitlab.com/koha-community/koha-manual/raw/master/source/index.rst
14:41 cait               gitlab does some rendering that makes some not show, but you can see it in raw
14:41 cait               you just sort your new file in there
14:42 caroline_catlady   ok thanks cait
14:42 caroline_catlady   davidnind: I found the index list, but it's empty
14:42 cait               i thin it just looks like it on gitlab - did you try 'raw'?
14:42 cait               or edit, if you are logge din
14:43 davidnind          that's because there areno entries yet
14:43 caroline_catlady   https://koha-community.org/manual/19.11/en/html/genindex.html
14:43 caroline_catlady   ok so when I add my file, it will populate this?
14:44 davidnind          should do, I think it did when I tested
14:44 caroline_catlady   ok cool!
14:45 caroline_catlady   #topic Next steps
14:45 caroline_catlady   I wanted to talk about priorities
14:45 cait               oh, different file!
14:46 caroline_catlady   I'd really like to catch up 19.11 so that when the devs start to add new stuff to 20.05 we can stay on top
14:46 ashimema[m]        +1
14:46 caroline_catlady   so priority #1 is anything in 19.11 on Taiga
14:46 cait               should we note versions in commit messages?
14:47 caroline_catlady   I started adding "new feature", "enhancement" and "screenshot" tags in taiga, and that is the prioriuty order too (new features, then enhancements, then screenshots)
14:47 ashimema[m]        probably a good idea
14:47 caroline_catlady   write the version number in the commit message or the commit comment
14:47 davidnind          I think adding it to the merge request would be better, e.g. this was added in 19.05, etc
14:48 caroline_catlady   as long as it's written somewhere
14:49 caroline_catlady   There are some interesting agenda points still to cover, but I think we on't have enough time
14:50 caroline_catlady   is it ok if we move these to the next meeting?
14:50 davidnind          that's fine with me
14:50 ashimema[m]        me too
14:50 caroline_catlady   ok good!
14:50 cait               yes
14:50 caroline_catlady   #topic Set time of next meeting
14:51 caroline_catlady   feb 6? 20UTC?
14:51 davidnind          +1
14:52 davidnind          hope it's not too late for everyone else...
14:52 thd                +1
14:52 ashimema[m]        1
14:52 lucyvh             +1
14:53 caroline_catlady   #info Next meeting: 6 February 2020, 20 UTC
14:53 caroline_catlady   #endmeeting
14:53 huginn`            Meeting ended Thu Jan  9 14:53:25 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
14:53 huginn`            Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community.org/2020/documentation_irc_meeting_9_january_2020.2020-01-09-14.01.html
14:53 huginn`            Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community.org/2020/documentation_irc_meeting_9_january_2020.2020-01-09-14.01.txt
14:53 huginn`            Log:            http://meetings.koha-community.org/2020/documentation_irc_meeting_9_january_2020.2020-01-09-14.01.log.html
14:53 caroline_catlady   thanks everyone!
14:53 davidnind          caroline_catlady++
14:54 lucyvh             Thanks all
14:56 oleonard           caroline_catlady++
14:57 davidnind          (I borrowed the format for the word usage list from the IBM Style Guide https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/the-ibm-style/9780132118989/)
15:03 caroline_catlady   ashimema[m]: can you run the script that adds the minutes and things to the meeting wiki page?
15:08 thd                Putting my cold back to sleep before I have to go to work.
15:13 caroline_catlady   I find the email subject "Warning about patron relationship problems" incredibly funny... Like "oh those two aren't together anymore, he never did the dishes"
15:18 ashimema[m]        lol
15:19 ashimema[m]        and I've run the meeting script now
15:19 caroline_catlady   thx!
15:19 oleonard           caroline_catlady: I have a feeling there are library patrons about whom librarians would like to use that message
16:05 wizzyrea           bahaha
16:14 caroline_catlady   is there a bug to remane the "news" tool now that it's not only for news?
16:14 oleonard           Not that I've seen caroline_catlady
16:17 caroline_catlady   Added Bug 24387
16:17 huginn`            Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=24387 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Rename News tool
16:17 caroline_catlady   probably easy enuogh to change
16:24 oleonard           caroline_catlady is drunk with power after renaming the staff client
16:24 caroline_catlady   lol!!
16:29 huginn`            News from kohagit: Bug 18731: (QA follow-up) Spelling and POD corrections <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=8b6d1579b7fdd5e1210283a52f8da3411d0c1c87>
16:29 huginn`            News from kohagit: Bug 18731: Use the stashed koha.embed in objects.search <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=021f5c95d7d0b9bff8eb703abc6fb65a656bd3de>
16:29 huginn`            News from kohagit: Bug 18731: Add API mappings to K::A::{Basket,Invoice} <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=5d8ae2e6c8fd6f0de86f13ed444aec6fe69d9147>
16:29 huginn`            News from kohagit: Bug 18731: Make authenticate_api_request stash the embed structure <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=110170760c3ae2b4ec842bca651f767b71dd0701>
16:29 huginn`            News from kohagit: Bug 18731: Unit tests <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=6659a45b6ea6f957f3c9c0d0f022a086ea78432e>
16:29 huginn`            News from kohagit: Bug 18731: OpenAPI definitions <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=5cd9c904c4ecef58a4e9b8d38ddb587f67c5a617>
16:29 huginn`            News from kohagit: Bug 18731: /acquisitions/orders endpoint <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=441cde5dbdf914953986cae2af9bb7bac569f87a>
16:39 huginn`            News from kohagit: Bug 24257: Fix close of modal on 'Yes, print slip' <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=a2bd9e361a6ec1f489f5a51892dcaa63b7d7a9a5>
16:39 huginn`            News from kohagit: Bug 24255: Add summation methods to Koha::Account::Lines <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=836079c1002273f9c6ab2b1c6b1dc638aa062768>
16:49 ashimema[m]        funny.. I was going to say can we rename the news tool :)
16:49 ashimema[m]        thanks for reporting it caroline_catlady
16:56 huginn`            News from kohagit: Bug 21959: Add sponsor details <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=96ab49823291d441fd43ed0cbef242f7beb58d37>
16:57 reiveune           bye
17:04 * ashimema[m]      is pleased to see the release note already starting to fill up nicely for 20.05 🙂 https://gitlab.com/koha-community/koha-release-notes/blob/master/release_notes_19_12_00.md
17:17 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #36: STILL UNSTABLE in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest/36/
17:17 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_Master_D8 build #590: STILL UNSTABLE in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Master_D8/590/
17:35 caroline_catlady   question: the  BarcodeSeparators syspref, does it affect the barcode files or the barcodes you enter in the box?
17:36 caroline_catlady   it's not clear in the bug description bug 22996
17:36 huginn`            Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=22996 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, RESOLVED FIXED, Move barcode separators to a preference
17:37 caroline_catlady   and other related question do we have to espace all the characters we put in there? it only says to escape the hyphen, but shouldn't the dot be escaped too?
17:47 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1058: STILL UNSTABLE in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Master_D9/1058/
18:03 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #67: STILL UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Master_D9_My8/67/
18:28 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_Master_U18 build #530: STILL UNSTABLE in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Master_U18/530/
18:45 oleonard           Anyone know if there is a way to add multiple patrons to a club at once?
18:47 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #37: STILL UNSTABLE in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest/37/
18:47 oleonard           khall? ^^
18:48 khall              oleonard I'm afraid not
18:48 khall              a batch tool would be nice though
18:48 oleonard           Okay I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing it
18:48 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_Master_D8 build #591: STILL UNSTABLE in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Master_D8/591/
19:52 * oleonard         learns about the UseCashRegisters preference
19:52 cait               how is it?
19:53 oleonard           We're still getting to know each other
20:00 oleonard           See y'all tomorrow!
20:05 wizzyrea           oh bugger he left 4 mins ago.
20:31 caroline_catlady   what does making a cash register "default" do?
20:31 caroline_catlady   I added several cash registers to the same library and made one of them default, but when I go to pay a fee, it's the first alphabetically that is selected by default
20:32 caroline_catlady   not sure what else 'Make default' could mean
20:33 caroline_catlady   oh nevermind, I hadn't saved, hehe
20:40 ashimema[m]        Hehe
20:40 ashimema[m]        Did I not add documentation for cash registers yet..?
20:42 ashimema[m]        Oleonard, there's a team by piece missing from the cash registers stuff.. I'm looking to add a follow-up bug ton over it. It works better if you define a payment_type with the code 'CASH'.. seems it got lost during rebases..
20:43 ashimema[m]        Just thought I'de give you the heads uo
20:43 caroline_catlady   I didn't see it...
20:44 caroline_catlady   I hope I didn't just do this in double
20:45 ashimema[m]        Not surprised if it's missed it..
20:45 ashimema[m]        I'm behind on my own documentation..
20:45 * ashimema[m]      is bad at following his own rules..
20:45 ashimema[m]        Thanks Caroline 😀
21:00 caroline_catlady   Do we have strong opinions about the permissions being all divided up in sub sections? https://koha-community.org/manual/19.11/en/html/patrons.html#patron-permissions-defined
21:01 caroline_catlady   Would it make it too long if we did just one long subsection with all the permissions?
21:01 caroline_catlady   cait?
21:01 wahanui            i think cait is qa manager
21:01 caroline_catlady   I think you're right wahanui
21:04 hayley             hehe
21:17 cait               huh? :)
21:17 cait               no ;)
21:17 cait               maybe even a table?
21:17 cait               could make it shorter
21:19 caroline_catlady   tables are hard to manage in rst i find
21:20 caroline_catlady   unless I'm just not doing it right
21:20 cait               no you are probably right
21:46 ashimema[m]        https://thomas-cokelaer.info/tutorials/sphinx/rest_syntax.html#the-csv-table-directive
21:46 ashimema[m]        Csv-table looks fairly simple?
21:50 caroline_catlady   oh cool! looks much easier!
21:50 caroline_catlady   I'm used to the ones that look like sql
21:50 caroline_catlady   if you write something longer, you have to change all the other lines... ugh
22:09 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #218: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.11_D8/218/
22:09 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #220: SUCCESS in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.11_D9/220/
22:15 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #210: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.11_U18/210/
22:37 tcohen             hi there
22:42 koha-jenkins       Yippee, build fixed!
22:42 wahanui            Congratulations!
22:42 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #88: FIXED in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_19.05_D8/88/
22:43 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #88: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_19.05_D9/88/
22:45 * cait             waves
22:52 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #89: SUCCESS in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_19.05_U18/89/
23:14 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #221: SUCCESS in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.11_D9/221/
23:15 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #219: UNSTABLE in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.11_D8/219/
23:26 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #211: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.11_U18/211/
23:37 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #89: UNSTABLE in 22 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_19.05_D8/89/
23:53 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #90: UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_19.05_U18/90/
23:54 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #89: UNSTABLE in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_19.05_D9/89/