Time  Nick             Message
06:41 reiveune         hello
06:59 alex_a           bonjour
06:59 wahanui          niihau, alex_a
07:21 * magnuse        waves
07:31 cait             good morning #koha
08:29 ashimema         mornin' #koha
08:53 magnuse          kia ora ashimema
11:55 ashimema         :)
12:42 eythian          cait: https://www.the-american-interest.com/2019/08/03/what-germans-are-reading/
12:52 ashimema         meeting soon ladies and gents :)
12:53 magnuse          ashimema: in 7 minues?
12:53 magnuse          Slainte Charles_Quain
12:53 ashimema         lol
12:54 ashimema         yup..
12:54 * ashimema       dashes off to get tea
12:54 corilynn         good morning from Alaska!
12:55 ashimema         mornin' cari lynn
12:57 magnuse          hiya corilynn
13:00 ashimema         Shall we kick it off then :)
13:00 ashimema         #startmeeting General IRC meeting 14 August 2019
13:00 huginn`          Meeting started Wed Aug 14 13:00:53 2019 UTC.  The chair is ashimema. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:00 huginn`          Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:00 huginn`          The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_14_august_2019'
13:01 Charles_Quain    Hi All
13:01 ashimema         #chair cait
13:01 huginn`          Current chairs: ashimema cait
13:01 ashimema         #topic Introductions
13:01 ashimema         Please use #info to introduce yourselves
13:01 ashimema         #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
13:02 Charles_Quain    #info Charles Quain Interleaf Technology
13:02 jzairo           #info Jessica Zairo, ByWater Solutions
13:02 thd              #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
13:02 lisettelatah     #info Lisette Scheer, Latah County Library District
13:03 kidclamp         #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
13:03 khall            #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
13:04 ashimema         we'll give people another minute or two.. seem to be trickling in
13:06 ashimema         #topic Announcements
13:06 ashimema         Hmm, does anyone have any?
13:06 thd              Yes.
13:06 ashimema         fire away thd
13:07 thd              As the agenda is empty  I want to announce good progress with migrating the Koha MediaWiki database from Postgres to MySQL.
13:07 thd              I have updated the bug report.
13:07 ashimema         oh, excellent
13:07 wahanui          darn tootin' it is.
13:08 thd              https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=23073
13:08 huginn`          Bug 23073: normal, P5 - low, ---, gmc, NEW , wiki.koha-community.org needs updating to a later version
13:08 ashimema         #info thd has made good progress with migrating our existing MediaWiki from Postgres to MySQL.. the first step towards upgrading.
13:08 thd              I do have one question.
13:09 ashimema         #into See bug 23073 for ongoing progress
13:09 huginn`          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=23073 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmc, NEW , wiki.koha-community.org needs updating to a later version
13:09 thd              Does anyone know the origin of the anonymized_mwuser table in MediaWiki?
13:10 ashimema         not I
13:11 ashimema         is it populated?
13:12 thd              Yes, it is populated.  Guessing from the database username owning the table it may have been something created in the first day of starting with MediaWiki after which we started again with a different database username.
13:13 ashimema         I think I wouldn't worry too much about it
13:13 ashimema         shall we move on.. anyone else got any announcements?
13:14 thd              I do not intend to worry much about it but it seems t be the only mysterious table for which I do not have a nice MySQL structure to migrate.
13:14 lisettelatah     The koha-US conference is next month in Pueblo, CO from September 18-21.
13:14 tcohen           hi
13:14 wahanui          salut, tcohen
13:15 tcohen           #info Tomas Cohen Arazi
13:15 ashimema         #info koha-US Conference is next month in Pueblo, CO from September 18-21
13:16 ashimema         #info Kohacon20 is all set to take place 19th-25th October in Wellington NZ
13:16 ashimema         #link https://2020.kohacon.org/ Kohacon20
13:17 ashimema         They have not yet called for speakers, but should be doing so any day now I believe
13:18 ashimema         OK.. moving on..
13:18 ashimema         #topic Update on releases
13:18 ashimema         #topic Stable releases
13:19 ashimema         #info Fridolin sends his apologies for not making the meeting. 19.05.x series in in reasonable shape, he's keeping up with bugfixes well but we do have a few bugs still making their way through the SO/QA process
13:20 ashimema         rmaints?
13:20 wahanui          well, rmaints is fridolin, lucas and wizzyrea
13:20 tcohen           is there a list?
13:21 ashimema         only the bugs highlighted in the koha dashboard
13:21 ashimema         6 'Major' in NSO, 1 in NQA
13:21 ashimema         so not huge numbers.. but there are a fair few 'New' that need looking at
13:22 ashimema         at least a couple in my own queue.. I best get to writing patches for those
13:23 ashimema         #topic Update from the RM
13:24 ashimema         #info We are 3 months into the cycle and 2 weeks into a 2 month window for adventurous pushing.
13:25 ashimema         #info 224 Bugs pushed to date, 158 bugfixes, 65 enhancements and 1 new feature.
13:25 ashimema         #info 10 of the above bugs were Sponsored, thankyou sponsors :)
13:26 ashimema         I feel dev meetings have been going reasonably well and are a little more inclusive again now we have moved the late slot a little later again to catch the NZ croud.
13:27 ashimema         Katrin has been doing a great job rounding up the troops for QA as ever, thanks cait
13:27 ashimema         any questions for the RM ?
13:28 caroline_catlady #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro
13:28 ashimema         could be a nice short meeting today
13:28 cait             ashimema: not sure about that... herding cats is hard :)
13:29 tcohen           ashimema: I will try to do more QA for the rest of the cycle
13:29 ashimema         thanks tcohen :)
13:30 ashimema         he dashboard is telling.. it's the usual suspects doing SO and QA..
13:30 ashimema         we certainly notice Joubu's absence too.
13:30 ashimema         though it's nice to have kidclamp back on QA after his stint as RM :)
13:30 kidclamp         Joubu++
13:31 ashimema         and wizzyrea is storming ahead on the SO stats :)
13:31 kidclamp         can we flatter him into returning
13:32 ashimema         okies.. lets move on then
13:33 ashimema         #topic Set time of next meeting
13:34 ashimema         First wednesday of the month as usual... any obvious problems?
13:34 ashimema         ooh.. I'm not around then, heading home from anual leave
13:35 thd              The first week in September is the end of customary academic holidays in many places.
13:36 ashimema         mm, perhaps leave it a week to try and catch people once they've actually returned
13:36 thd              I have no actual objection to the first week personally.
13:36 ashimema         11th September then?
13:36 ashimema         2100 UTC
13:37 thd              Is 21 UTC the time with is now catching people in NZ?
13:37 cait             9 am
13:37 cait             seems good
13:37 ashimema         20:30 has been the dev meeting time that we've caught NZ
13:38 ashimema         21:00 looks like the time we've usually alternated to for NZ for General meetings
13:38 ashimema         11 September 2019, 21:00 UTC
13:39 thd              I have generally been confused by directional drift as local time has changed seasonally.
13:39 ashimema         speak now if anyone has any problems with that proposal
13:39 thd              No problems.
13:41 ashimema         UTC 21 is UK 22, NZ 09 and US (new york) 17
13:41 ashimema         so seems mostly reasonable..
13:41 ashimema         done
13:41 ashimema         #info Next meeting: 11 September 2019, 21:00 UTC
13:41 ashimema         #endmeeting
13:41 huginn`          Meeting ended Wed Aug 14 13:41:56 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
13:41 huginn`          Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community.org/2019/general_irc_meeting_14_august_2019.2019-08-14-13.00.html
13:41 huginn`          Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community.org/2019/general_irc_meeting_14_august_2019.2019-08-14-13.00.txt
13:41 huginn`          Log:            http://meetings.koha-community.org/2019/general_irc_meeting_14_august_2019.2019-08-14-13.00.log.html
13:42 ashimema         thanks all
13:44 tcohen           ashimema++
13:45 * thd            goes back to a little unavoidable screen scraping ugg
14:31 reiveune         ye
14:31 reiveune         bye
14:56 oleonard         Hi all
15:02 caroline_catlady good mornin oleonard
15:04 * cait           waves
15:19 caroline_catlady Is there a way of making line returns in patron card text fields? I've tried with <br/> (it just prints <br/>) dans \n (the pdf doesn't open)
15:20 cait             hm have you checked the context help?
15:21 oleonard         I wonder if that's a bug in the text-escaping stuff
15:21 cait             it generates pdf
15:21 cait             i would have be ton \n
15:21 cait             bet on
15:22 caroline_catlady there is nothing in the help nor in the manual
15:23 cait             not good
15:23 cait             mailing list maybe?
15:23 oleonard         You could invoke the name of chris_n
15:24 caroline_catlady I will check with my devs before to see if they can sport something
15:24 caroline_catlady *spot
15:24 caroline_catlady god I can't type...
15:24 cait             neither can we :)
15:25 caroline_catlady lol, god = cait and she uses the royal we, I love it ;)
15:25 oleonard         Your devs could probably sport a nice tweed jacket. That might suit them.
15:25 cait             i emant it more globally #koha... but... hm. royal we.
15:25 cait             lol
15:25 caroline_catlady I understood, but I thought it was nicer
15:25 cait             yeah :)
15:25 cait             we think that too
15:26 caroline_catlady rofl!
15:26 cait             I think kilt
15:26 cait             this day had way too many meetings
15:27 cait             not including the #koha one i missed : (
15:52 * oleonard       wonders if he had to say chris_n's name 3 times
15:55 cait             oleonard: haven't seen him in a long time
15:55 oleonard         No, but every once in a while he'll magically appear when someone mentions labels
15:56 cait             labels, label printing, labelling ...
15:56 cait             oleonard: oh i saw your comment on one of the bug - the label printer thing on the item table is a pref
15:56 cait             to make it show up
15:57 oleonard         Oh I must have completely missed it when I was looking at the template
15:57 * oleonard       thought he checked
15:57 cait             i thin it#s this one: SpineLabelShowPrintOnBibDetails
15:59 oleonard         Oh yeah, and it should be styled like a button
16:12 cait             23462 is a bit odd too
16:13 cait             bug 23462
16:13 huginn`          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=23462 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Unable to delete a patron list
16:19 cait             bye all :)
16:44 caroline_catlady why does the id of an input field change in the new items form?
16:45 caroline_catlady input id="tag_952_subfield_g_330576" and when I Ctrl+F5, it becomes tag_952_subfield_g_586648
16:48 oleonard         The inputs get a randomized number attached to their id so that they can be tied to cataloging plugins
16:48 oleonard         ...if I recall correctly...
16:49 oleonard         caroline_catlady: Are you trying to use the id to apply some JS or CSS?
17:08 oleonard         Default focus and focus style for hold modal buttons? https://zivotdesign.com/p/view.php?p=15658024645569
17:09 oleonard         Choosing the default might be going too far. Maybe just focus on the first button on the left.
17:09 oleonard         (we didn't want 'print' to be the default until we got slip printers)
17:42 lisettelatah     oleonard: could you set it as a preference so people who wanted to print as default could and others could just confirm? Though with consortium like ours that would still be a problem because not all the branches have printers.
17:43 koha-jenkins     Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #143: SUCCESS in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.11_U18/143/
17:44 caroline_catlady oleonard: yes, I want to auto-fill the replacement cost with the price (952$v with 952$g)
17:44 caroline_catlady (sorry I was out on luch)
17:44 caroline_catlady it works with cardnumber and userid so I though it would work there too
17:45 oleonard         I've got some JS you can use, let me look...
17:47 pastebot         "oleonard" at pasted "Copy date and price data during item add" (16 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/6878
17:52 koha-jenkins     Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #150: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.11_D9/150/
18:04 caroline_catlady oleonard: does your code copy it immediately or just after save?
18:05 koha-jenkins     Yippee, build fixed!
18:05 wahanui          Congratulations!
18:05 koha-jenkins     Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #152: FIXED in 22 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.11_D8/152/
18:06 caroline_catlady ah I see it now sorry! :)
18:09 caroline_catlady and thank you!
18:09 caroline_catlady oleonard++
18:26 koha-jenkins     Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #144: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.11_U18/144/
18:32 koha-jenkins     Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #151: SUCCESS in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.11_D9/151/
19:04 caroline_catlady TT = T_T
19:04 caroline_catlady anyone good with TT around?
19:04 Joubu            caroline_catlady: What's the question? :)
19:05 caroline_catlady hi Joubu! I didn't know you were around :)
19:06 caroline_catlady I'm trying to use conditions to show branches.address2 and branches.address3 in notices only if the library has those filled out
19:07 caroline_catlady I'm basing my template on https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Notices_with_Template_Toolkit#Make_choices
19:07 pastebot         "caroline_catlady" at pasted "This is my footer" (8 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/6892
19:08 caroline_catlady ^ this is what I have right now but it doesn't print even if the library has an address2 and address3
19:08 Joubu            use "library"
19:08 Joubu            not "branches"
19:08 oleonard         Can you mix syntaxes like that? TT and the old style?
19:08 Joubu            yes you can
19:08 caroline_catlady that's what khall told us
19:08 * oleonard       did not know that
19:08 Joubu            but you need to pick the right variables
19:08 caroline_catlady ok thanks Joubu, I will try that
19:10 koha-jenkins     Project Koha_Master_D8 build #349: ABORTED in 1 day 8 hr: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Master_D8/349/
19:10 Joubu            @later tell ashimema Jenkin's run #349 was running forever, I aborted it
19:10 huginn`          Joubu: The operation succeeded.
19:11 Joubu            @later tell ashimema Jenkin's run #349 was running forever, I aborted it. Jenkin's report may have filled the disk space however
19:11 huginn`          Joubu: The operation succeeded.
19:11 Joubu            erk
19:11 Joubu            @later tell tcohen Jenkin's run #349 was running forever, I aborted it. Jenkin's report may have filled the disk space however
19:11 huginn`          Joubu: The operation succeeded.
19:11 caroline_catlady like this? [% IF library.branchaddress2 %] [% library.branchaddress2 %]<br/> [% END %]
19:11 Joubu            yes
19:11 koha-jenkins     Project Koha_Master_D8 build #350: FAILURE in 1 min 32 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Master_D8/350/
19:11 caroline_catlady it doesn't work
19:12 caroline_catlady maybe it's not branchaddress?
19:13 Joubu            which template are you editing?
19:13 caroline_catlady CHECKOUT
19:13 caroline_catlady just because it's easy to test :)
19:13 Joubu            ho, it's "branch", sorry
19:14 Joubu            [% branch.branchaddress %]
19:14 caroline_catlady ok will try that
19:15 Joubu            I thought we renamed the variables
19:16 caroline_catlady ooh! It worked for the library with 3 lines! :D Ok trying with a library with just one
19:17 caroline_catlady yass! Thank you Joubu++
19:17 caroline_catlady so are the variables the same for all notices?
19:17 Joubu            caroline_catlady: to know how to name the variables for the TT syntax you can refer to https://gitlab.com/koha-community/Koha/blob/master/C4/Letters.pm#L1461
19:18 caroline_catlady ok thanks!
19:26 oleonard         I guess $hold->set at line 939 of Reserves.pm can't accept a "reservenotes" parameter?
19:27 * oleonard       is taking stabs in the dark
19:32 * cait           waves at Joubu, caroline_catlady and oleonard
19:33 caroline_catlady hi!
19:34 cait             Joubu:  caroline_catlady Josef started a list on the wiki
19:34 cait             i will find the link
19:34 Joubu            oleonard: why not?
19:34 cait             with the variables
19:34 Joubu            hi cait!
19:34 cait             hi :)
19:34 cait             nice to see you
19:34 cait             just finished cooking - then hopefully another go at the auth_values patches :)
19:36 * cait           is trying to make "Apfelstrudel"
19:36 oleonard         Yum
19:36 caroline_catlady yum!
19:36 cait             caroline_catlady: the table here should help: https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Notices_with_Template_Toolkit
19:36 cait             first one ever, so we will see :)
19:36 cait             ok, back to the oven
19:37 * oleonard       wonders if calire had to bake Apfelstrudel to get German citizenship
19:38 caroline_catlady I didn't even know what that table was for, now I understand :)
19:39 cait             i still have to learn about TT notices too.. haven't really dived into it yet
19:40 cait             but collecting links so far :)
19:40 cait             hi andreashm!
19:40 cait             Joubu: there are some bad bugs around atm, thx for fixing some :)
19:40 andreashm        hi cait
19:41 caroline_catlady I think I will put my footer on the wiki as an example... I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs something like taht
19:41 cait             bug 23454 worries me
19:41 huginn`          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=23454 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Fine for the previous overdue may get overwritten by the next one
19:41 cait             caroline_catlady++
20:01 andreashm        cait: that one does look bad
20:01 * andreashm      now worries about that one since we are just upgrading to 18.11 (this week)
20:08 cait             sorry?
20:09 * ashimema       aims to look at that one tomorrow.. need to try and recreate it
20:10 * oleonard       was trying to add a note to an in-transit hold, that's why it wasn't working
20:11 * oleonard       doesn't even know what hold notes are used for
20:14 andreashm        cait: the bug you just linked to (previous fines being overwritten)
20:18 cait             yes?
20:21 andreashm        just mentioned it looked bad. =)
20:21 cait             it does
20:21 cait             glad to see ashimema poppe dup
20:21 cait             because it does worry me too regards our update to 18.11
20:23 ashimema         I'm struggling to find time for a few bugs at the moment 😔
20:23 ashimema         But that one is right at the top of the list
20:25 cait             thx
20:25 cait             i am trying to keep on top of the worst ones a bit. that are freshly filed
20:26 cait             but not easy right now
20:47 oleonard         Hi alexbuckley
20:48 oleonard         Hi kathryn
20:48 alexbuckley      hi oleonard :)
20:48 kathryn          hi oleonard :)
20:48 kathryn          and hi errybody else too :)
20:58 oleonard         It seems weird to have a heading for "Spine label" but it does add context to the "Print label" button... https://zivotdesign.com/p/view.php?p=15658162441600
20:58 oleonard         "Print spine label" is so long
20:59 cait             worse in german :)
21:03 caroline_catlady could you put "Spine label" on the button and the printer acts as the context "print" ?
21:05 caroline_catlady maybe it's not best practices not to put a verb on a button, i don't know...
21:07 cait             hm it would not fit with the rest
21:07 cait             do we need spine?
21:07 cait             for translating a verb is often helpful
21:07 caroline_catlady it could be barcode label?
21:10 cait             isn't that even longer?
21:10 cait             print label?
21:10 oleonard         Yes it could be misinterpreted as barcode label
21:10 cait             ah
21:10 cait             sorry... getting late here
21:15 oleonard         Perfect: https://zivotdesign.com/p/view.php?p=15658173226729
21:16 cait             lol
21:16 caroline_catlady lol!! love it!
21:16 cait             ... on thefly
21:16 caroline_catlady It's probably a literal translation from the german word ;)
21:16 cait             we should add that
21:17 cait             :P
21:52 oleonard         Yay I finally get to go home! See y'all later!
22:34 caroline_catlady good night everyone!
22:38 kathryn          good night and thanks for you email caroline_catlady :)
22:38 kathryn          *your
22:38 caroline_catlady no problem!
22:39 caroline_catlady If you need more info, let me know
22:39 kathryn          I will, hopefully we hear some more school examples, we'll see
22:40 caroline_catlady I know Calyx has a Koha school program, but I'm not sure how it works
22:41 caroline_catlady https://kohaforschools.com.au
22:41 caroline_catlady It may be just a branding things
22:43 kathryn          yes it's a koha service for schools rather than a shared service, am hoping for examples of lots of schools working together in an organised way or shared instance - we'll see!