Time  Nick             Message
05:26 fridolin         hi
06:32 mtj              hey peeps
06:32 cait1            hi mtj
06:36 mtj              hi cait1, i did get to the bottom of my callnumber search problem..
06:36 mtj              ..there was some custom 'OpacCustomSearch' syspref code, that broke the search
06:38 reiveune         hello
06:40 cait1            mtj: that makes sense
06:41 cait1            but I can see why you didn't find it right away
06:41 cait1            I always forget that even exists
06:41 cait1            mtj:  ^
06:42 mtj              yes, me too
06:43 mtj              it took me a while to get to the bottom of the problem :/
06:45 mtj              i clicked that it was some syspref(s) causing the problem - but took a while to discover which syspref
06:45 mtj              thanks again for spotting my problem :0)
06:47 mtj              ping liz, if you are about re: 18.05.x release
06:48 mtj              cait1: i'll do a reply to the ICU thread on the ML
06:49 cait1            you'll need to loook for wizzyrea :)
07:01 mtj              ta
07:01 mtj              @later tell wizzyrea:  hiya, are you about re: 18.05.x release
07:01 huginn`          mtj: The operation succeeded.
11:41 ashimema         Oh poop,
11:42 * ashimema       realises he's double booked himself this evening
11:59 liliputech_asu   ashimema: dev meetup tonight?
12:10 eythian          ashimema: to hot to do anything anyway
13:25 caroline_catlady good morning!
13:27 wizzyrea         hi
13:27 wahanui          salut, wizzyrea
13:35 eythian          Hi wizzyrea
13:35 eythian          damn, I was going to send you something but I forgot what it was.
13:35 eythian          So imagine I sent  you a link that was really cool.
13:49 ashimema         Glad it's not my brain that's good for naught today.. dang this heat
14:17 wizzyrea         omg eythian that link was so cool you sent
14:18 * wizzyrea       has a good imagination
15:41 reiveune         bye
19:29 cait             hi all
19:29 cait             meeting soon?
19:30 cait             @eightball dev meeting tonight?
19:30 huginn`          cait: You know the answer better than I.
19:31 cait             hi davidnind
19:31 cait             so far it seems it's you and me :)
19:31 caroline_catlady I'm here too, but I didn't plan on participating
19:31 caroline_catlady it's a dev meeting right?
19:31 cait             i didn't plan on chairing
19:31 davidnind        hi cait! :-D
19:31 cait             I am not home
19:31 cait             thx for both your help with the project day
19:31 davidnind        hi caroline_catlady!
19:31 alexbuckley      hi all
19:31 greenjimll       I'm here for the meeting too - is it going ahead?
19:31 caroline_catlady hi davidnind!
19:31 cait             filling up
19:32 cait             let's give it a minute more?
19:32 davidnind        agenda - there are some apologies https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_24_July_2019
19:33 cait             hm I don't knwo if i can stay for the whole meeting
19:33 cait             i could chair a quick one, but we miight have to postone some of the guidelines stuff
19:34 cait             maybe someone else can help out better?
19:34 davidnind        that sounds sensible, probably need the people to talk about the coding guidelines here anyway
19:35 cait             ok, going to prepare the startmeeting
19:35 davidnind        happy to chair, a quick meeting is a good meeting (sometimes)
19:35 kidclamp         hi there
19:35 cait             oh great
19:35 kidclamp         sorry can help too cait
19:35 cait             maybe kidclamp and davidnind then? :)
19:35 davidnind        fine with me
19:36 davidnind        give me a seck
19:36 kidclamp         lemme knwo and I wil start it
19:37 davidnind        was just trying to find the instructions, ready to go!
19:37 kidclamp         #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 24 July 2019
19:37 huginn`          Meeting started Wed Jul 24 19:37:45 2019 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:37 huginn`          Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:37 huginn`          The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_24_july_2019'
19:37 greenjimll       #info Jon Knight, Loughborough University
19:37 kidclamp         #topic Introductions
19:38 kidclamp         #info Nick Clemens, bywater solutions
19:38 alexbuckley      #info Alex Buckley, Catalyst IT Wellington NZ
19:38 hayley           #info Hayley Mapley, Catalyst IT Wellington NZ
19:38 cait             #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
19:38 davidnind        #info David Nind, Wellington NZ
19:38 cait             :)
19:39 thd              #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
19:39 kidclamp         #topic Announcements
19:39 kidclamp         Anyone? Community day!
19:40 cait             yes, on phone - wah
19:40 davidnind        #info https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_Community_Project_Day_26_July_2019
19:40 davidnind        A nice list of things to work on, so shaping up quite nicely! Thanks cait for kicking off!
19:41 davidnind        There is a hashtag for Twitter, thanks Catalyst IT! #KohaCommunityDay
19:42 hayley           We're very excited for it! :)
19:42 davidnind        excellent!
19:42 wahanui          darn tootin' it is.
19:42 cait             sorry :)
19:43 cait             thx for helping out :)
19:43 cait             hope my tweets were friendly - just wanted to make sure everyone undrestands this is ot only focused at dev
19:43 alexbuckley      we're happy to help cait :)
19:43 cait             the main idea is to bring community together
19:43 cait             get us talking again, working on fun things...
19:43 kidclamp         I am gonna admit, I missed some of this discussion, is it like bigger bug squashing day?
19:43 kidclamp         ah, oka
19:43 cait             yeah the idea was to have a wider focus than just bug squashing
19:44 greenjimll       Sorry - I promoted it on twitter as more dev based, but I see cait has corrected that. Sorry.
19:44 cait             of course you can sqhash bugs, ubt if you want to do stats, or cook, or write or proof read... whatever :)
19:44 cait             yeah i hope that didn't come across wrong!
19:44 cait             very glad to see the advertising
19:44 greenjimll       More me misunderstanding the purpose of it. Sorry.
19:44 cait             all good
19:45 kidclamp         moving on?
19:45 cait             checking the infos sec
19:45 cait             cool, yes
19:45 davidnind        #info BibLibre's Koha Hackfest 2019: 30 September - 4th October, Marseille
19:46 davidnind        (just thought I'd put that in there as a reminder)
19:46 kidclamp         excellent
19:46 wahanui          darn tootin' it is.
19:46 kidclamp         #topic Update from the Release manager (19.11)
19:46 kidclamp         #info Oh great and powerful RM, we thank you for the benevolence you bestow upon our patches
19:47 kidclamp         Martin is doing great, but is occupied tonight
19:47 kidclamp         Watch the bugs, keep things moving
19:47 kidclamp         we are still in his "adventurous' pushing phase so big things are good
19:47 davidnind        Update is on agenda page from ashimema: moving into a period of more adventurous pushing  now.. two months before I get much more cautious again and start of a  polishing for release phase
19:49 kidclamp         movign on
19:49 kidclamp         #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
19:49 kidclamp         frido lukeg wizzyrea
19:51 davidnind        #info maintenance releases now available - 18.11.08, 19.05.02
19:51 kidclamp         moving on
19:51 kidclamp         #info Updates from the QA team
19:51 kidclamp         cait?
19:51 wahanui          somebody said cait was really good at running into things
19:52 cait             sorry phone again
19:52 kidclamp         np
19:52 cait             #info Fix all the bugs
19:52 kidclamp         :-)
19:53 kidclamp         signed off queue has many bugs, some large, could use some attention to move those
19:53 kidclamp         NSO growing as well
19:53 kidclamp         communityday++
19:54 josef_moravec1   #info Josef Moravec, sorry being late
19:54 kidclamp         cait++
19:54 kidclamp         weekly emails are appreciated
19:54 kidclamp         I read them even when I can't take action :-)
19:54 kidclamp         moving on?
19:55 kidclamp         #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
19:55 kidclamp         #info Discussion on workflows with regards maintaining the mana-kb serverside project
19:56 kidclamp         #info See Bug 23161 - Alex A (Biblibre) and the Release Team
19:56 huginn`          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=23161 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , We need to document the release process for this project?
19:57 kidclamp         I think we need BibLibre here for this, and maybe something to fully iron out at hackfest. BUt brainstorm next meeting at earlier time?
19:57 davidnind        sounds good, need ashimema here too for that as well I think
19:57 kidclamp         #info tabled for next meeting
19:57 kidclamp         #info git repository splitting and cleanup - Chris C and Jonathan D
19:58 kidclamp         I think still a bit early for Rangi
19:58 kidclamp         and Joubu is having all the  fun :-)
19:58 greenjimll       I assume git repro splitting may make bringing up/updating KohaDevBox's easier/faster?
19:59 kidclamp         splitting off the translation I assume?
19:59 kidclamp         it has come up before
19:59 kidclamp         I'm for it
20:00 greenjimll       https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Git_Splitting_and_Shrinking
20:00 kidclamp         #info https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Git_Splitting_and_Shrinking
20:01 kidclamp         I tihnk again we need some parties for discussion
20:01 kidclamp         #info tabled for next meeting
20:01 kidclamp         #topic Review of coding guidelines
20:01 kidclamp         #info Bug 22600 introduced a base class for commandline scripts, but we forgot to followup with a guidline and qa script change to catch new scripts without the base class.
20:01 huginn`          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=22600 blocker, P2, ---, martin.renvoize, RESOLVED FIXED, We should add an 'interface' field to accountlines
20:02 kidclamp         #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Talk:Coding_Guidelines#Scripts
20:03 kidclamp         I am for it, I think we should add the guieline
20:03 kidclamp         do we need a vote?
20:03 davidnind        looks good to me, so I think it should be added
20:03 davidnind        not sure..
20:04 davidnind        do you normally vote on coding guideline changes, or if everyone agrees just accept?
20:04 greenjimll       I'd vote for it.
20:04 kidclamp         #startvote Should we add coding guideline Scripts - CMD1 as proposed on the wiki? yes,no,abstain
20:04 huginn`          Begin voting on: Should we add coding guideline Scripts - CMD1 as proposed on the wiki? Valid vote options are yes, no, abstain.
20:04 huginn`          Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
20:04 kidclamp         #vote yes
20:04 josef_moravec1   #vote yes
20:04 alexbuckley      #vote yes
20:04 davidnind        #vote yes
20:04 greenjimll       #vote yes
20:05 hayley           #vote yes
20:05 thd              #vote yes
20:06 kidclamp         #endvote
20:06 huginn`          Voted on "Should we add coding guideline Scripts - CMD1 as proposed on the wiki?" Results are
20:06 huginn`          yes (7): greenjimll, davidnind, kidclamp, josef_moravec1, alexbuckley, thd, hayley
20:06 kidclamp         hooray
20:06 cait             sorry, got to run!
20:06 kidclamp         #info SQL12: Enforcing it more easily with a QA script addition and updating existing breakages - Tomas and Jonathan D
20:07 kidclamp         #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Coding_Guidelines#SQL12:_Booleans SQL12
20:07 kidclamp         I agree with and support their work :-)
20:08 kidclamp         moving on?
20:09 davidnind        does it need to be voted on, or is it a work in progress?
20:10 kidclamp         seems to be a bug and pull request
20:10 kidclamp         the guideline is in place I believe
20:10 greenjimll       The gitlab.com stuff says its awaiting a merge request?
20:11 greenjimll       https://gitlab.com/koha-community/qa-test-tools/merge_requests/12
20:11 kidclamp         so is for someone who has merge powers
20:11 davidnind        so general support for them to go ahead with this, which is great!
20:11 kidclamp         Joubu++
20:12 kidclamp         tcohen++
20:12 kidclamp         movign on
20:12 davidnind        #info general support for SQL12: Enforcing it more easily with a QA script addition and updating existing breakages
20:12 kidclamp         #info Revise JavaScript coding guideline JS8 to recommend ESLint; Add a default .eslintrc.json file to Koha. - Owen L
20:13 kidclamp         #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Coding_Guidelines#JS8:_Follow_guidelines_set_by_JSHint JS8
20:14 kidclamp         Owen isn't here, but it seems sane to me
20:14 kidclamp         any questions or detractors?
20:14 davidnind        none from me
20:14 josef_moravec1   I like that
20:15 greenjimll       Seems sane.
20:15 alexbuckley      looks sensible
20:15 kidclamp         #startvote Should we update JS* as proposed by oleonard and adopt a default eslintrc.json file?
20:15 huginn`          Begin voting on: Should we update JS* as proposed by oleonard and adopt a default eslintrc.json file? Valid vote options are Yes, No.
20:15 huginn`          Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
20:16 kidclamp         #vote Yes
20:16 thd              #vote yes
20:16 greenjimll       #vote yes
20:16 josef_moravec1   #vote yes
20:16 davidnind        #vote yes
20:16 hayley           #vote yes
20:16 thd              #vote Yes
20:16 kidclamp         last call y'all
20:16 kidclamp         #endvote
20:16 huginn`          Voted on "Should we update JS* as proposed by oleonard and adopt a default eslintrc.json file?" Results are
20:17 kidclamp         #topic Set time of next meeting
20:17 greenjimll       I liked the pause before (not) giving the results. Like Eurovision. :-)
20:18 hayley           *ad break*
20:18 hayley           hehe
20:18 kidclamp         yes (6): greenjimll, davidnind, kidclamp, josef_moravec1, thd, hayley
20:18 kidclamp         August 7th, 14:00 UTC?
20:19 greenjimll       Sounds good.
20:19 kathryn          Hello, apols for barging into the meeting :)
20:19 thd              What happened to 13.00 UTC?
20:20 thd              or 13.30 UTC?
20:20 kidclamp         fine by me
20:20 kidclamp         I never remember the exact time
20:20 greenjimll       As long as it goes in the Koha meeting Google calendar, I'm fine with any of those.
20:21 kidclamp         #info Next meeting: 7 August 2019, 13:30 UTC
20:21 thd              14 is fine for me but checking what we had done historically 13.00 UTC has been common and the preferred time for many time zones from a one time poll.
20:21 alexbuckley      the time of this meeting works really well for nz, but we totally get that its not suitable for others and appreciate it needs to alternate so August 7th, 14:00 UTC sounds good
20:22 thd              Does 14.00 UTC work at all in NZ?
20:22 kidclamp         heh, I set 13:30 - we should mark these down somewhere as the 'approved' time'
20:22 kidclamp         that's for next meeting :-)
20:22 davidnind        https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/IRC_Meetings
20:22 kidclamp         #endmeeting
20:22 huginn`          Meeting ended Wed Jul 24 20:22:47 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
20:22 huginn`          Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community.org/2019/development_irc_meeting_24_july_2019.2019-07-24-19.37.html
20:22 huginn`          Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community.org/2019/development_irc_meeting_24_july_2019.2019-07-24-19.37.txt
20:22 huginn`          Log:            http://meetings.koha-community.org/2019/development_irc_meeting_24_july_2019.2019-07-24-19.37.log.html
20:22 hayley           nah it's 1.30am, but that's okay :)
20:23 kidclamp         yeah, that won't work for NZ :-)
20:23 davidnind        kidclamp++
20:23 greenjimll       Rightio... time to go outside and see if I'll melt on the walk home.
20:23 davidnind        sending a cool breeze from down under...
20:24 davidnind        might take a while to get there though!
20:24 alexbuckley      got plenty to spare in wellington heh
20:24 hayley           hehe true
20:24 greenjimll       :-)
20:24 davidnind        nice and 'fresh' here this morning!
20:24 greenjimll       As a Brit we're not used to temps >25C. More so for those of us with more than average "fur". :-)
20:49 caroline_catlady has anyone ever used link_bibs_to_authorities in production?
20:50 caroline_catlady I saw this comment on the wiki page and it scared me :) "(NB: this script is not very reliable -Jcamins) "
20:50 caroline_catlady https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Useful_scripts
20:54 kidclamp         we have
20:54 kidclamp         it works well, with occasional quirks
20:54 kidclamp         it does not work well under IUC
20:54 kidclamp         ICU
20:55 * kidclamp       runs off